Speaker 1: The Team House with your hosts, Jack Murphy and David Park. Hey, everyone, welcome to episode one and fifty one of the Team House. I'm Jack Murphy here with David Park d over in that direction producing. We're very excited here to be with our guest, Dale Comstock. Dale is somebody who has done a little bit of everything, kind of done at all in life. Dale has served in the eighty second Airborne in Special Forces, served as a delta operator. I believe Dale, you were the youngest operator in the unit at the time when you graduated selection. This guy participated in Operation Acid Gambit, the Kurt Muse hostage rescue mission in Panama. That was the first successful military hostage rescue operation historically that our country's ever done. Dale served in the Wolf War, served as a team sergeant, and then he retired and went on to become a paramilitary contractor. Had further adventures over in Afghanistan, which we're going to talk about a little bit in a moment. And then, you know, Dale, he wrote a memoir called American Badass. He thought this was kind of his sunset book. He was going to fade away into the into the ether. After he finished this book, but instead, crazy things keep kept happening to him in places like Yemen, Hong Kong, Singapore, and even in Hollywood. So we're going to talk a lot about Dale's sort of post service military career.
Speaker 2: There's there's a lot more to Dale.
Speaker 1: I think you should go read American Badass if you want to hear more about his military career. We're going to kind of talk about his post service post military career and get into some of the things that he's doing today and some of the books he's working on. So Dale, thank you so much for joining us from from Bali tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, thanks for having me pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, man.
Speaker 1: So, sticking with that theme that that would have uh intro that I went off on, I was wonder if you could start off telling us some stories about Barja Mattal in Afghanistan. I believe you were part of a very small group of people that got sent up into I mean that was really bad guy country and the terrain just vicious up in that part of Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So there were actually three fobs up there, and each fob I believe had a roughly about a platoon platoon plus element occupying this fop earlier, a couple months earlier, one of the fobs had been overrun and when the encampments had been overrun, and I think there was a total of nine casualties. Nine Americans were killed, a lot about Afghanis, of course Taliban, And so the decision was made to pull out the other outposts, the other two outposts that rut and one of them was you know bars the tall and uh the way I can just so, we were asked by us Mill if we could bring our guys in to help support them withdrawal. So what they were going to do is rip, like literally in the course of three days, they were going to literally take everything out of this camp and extract it. So the camp was in a valley with nothing of a high ground all the way around it, and it was, as you point out, it was some really rugged terrain. It kind of reminded me. I remember landing at night one time, thinking, man, this feels like the jungles of Panama, you know, very wooded, very humid, very uh you know, rough terrain. But they were sitting right down in this little in this little little tiny valley, man, and the camp was probably one hundred one hundred and fifty meters square, maybe it was very small. It had one little hlz in the middle that could support one helicopter landing on it. That was it. And this platoon had been there for at least a year already and they got no break man. They were literally every day in gunfights. They could even leave the wire to go patrol, and they were constantly on defense. They were getting hammered down there, and so the decision was made that we got to pull them out. But they couldn't just bring in helicopters. The guys load up everything and fly away because soon as the helicopters would come in, they would, you know, they would be in contact. So the plan was for us, me and my guys are flying they actually it brought us in. We flew in on some in my seventeenth and we had two lifts. We went in. I think it was probably a total of about thirty of US, me and two of the Americans and then the rest Afghans, and we flew in the middle of the night, roughly around ten eleven o'clock at night, got out, met with the commander and basically he explained to us what the what the mission was. Basically what they wanted to us to do was go outside the wire and patrol the area around the base camp and basically just keep the bad guys back, keep them engaged so that the soldiers within the camp could load their gear. They were gonna bring in some helicopters they were gonna load up. They actually had a hume be there too. I don't know how they got that there, why it was used to it, but they had a home be. They're going to take that out. They were just gonna load up these aircraft, of course, for three days and just keep lifting everything else, lifting everything else out of the camp, and hopefully by within seventy two hours the camp would be evacuated. In the meantime, our job was to go out there and make contact with the bad guys and keep them back so this operation could take place. Well, I remember that night we arrived, We met with the captain, told them what we're going to go do. We refitted, and then we went out the wire and we had Our mission was to go up the road about maybe four or five kilometers. There was them a dross up there, and the Taliban used that as a staging base. Basically they would link up there. You know, get on their warped paint and ship and then uh, you know, they would launch their assaults from there. So we were just gonna go meet him there at the Madrassa and get it on. So as we leave the wire, we're walking up the road, it's relatively dark, and and then all of a sudden, the first forty seven is flying in. It's gonna land, they're gonna load it and then it's gonna take off with it with its supply. Well. As the helicopter was coming in to for you know, a very slow and low hover, there was a Taliban on the other side of the wire with an RPG and guess what he does. He shoots it down and it crashes into the fucking camp and so yeah, onto the only HLZ they got right, So bam, it slams it into the deck around, went through the floor of the helicopter. It actually took off the leg of one of the crew chiefs. So now we've got a disabled helicopters sitting inside the camp. They can't get it out, they can't do anything with it a camp and more helicopters can't medivate the menavact the guys out and then the firefights started. So we turn around and you could just see green tracers coming down from the high ground, red traces going up, you know, and there's a full on firefight man. And so we're standing there going, okay, well, what do we do do We try to go back and support them, but then we knew that would be a problem because trying to re enter you friendly foward lines, you know, we're gonna get caught in a cross fire. There's gonna be a there's gonna be drama with that, right, So we realize, okay, there's nothing we can do out here. Let the let the army with the military, you know, deal with those guys, and then we're going to continue mission. So we go up the road. We make it to the Madrasa and it's a dry hole. There's nothing there. So we're like, okay, let's move on up. Push up about another four kilometers. There's another village up there. Again we know this is UH, this is all Taliban country, and so we go up there. As crossing the bridge, we get UH word that we got squirters going out the other side of the UH of the village. So anyways, they cleared the village to get away. Nothing happened. We come back that morning on the firefight's over, and uh, you know, we refit, regrouped, and now we got this issue with this helicopter suent in the camp. Now what are we going to do? So what was really interesting was, and I didn't know this, but apparently the armies they have pilots that are especially trained to fly cripple aircraft. Right, So what they did is they brought us one. There's one badass pilot man and they roped them in the fast rope and his job was to go down there and start that aircraft and fly it, fly it out of there. Wow, you know, broken hall man. Yeah, I didn't know that. You know, it was like, damn, this guy's got some balls. Man, one guy man, that's his job, right, and so, uh so when they brought him in, they roped him in and uh then they brought a bunch of fast movers came flying in and basically was straight fened the hillsides to keep the bad guys down while this guy was you know, you know, turning knobs and pulling the leverage and cranking this thing up. He actually got it out of there. He actually flew this broken helicopter out of the HLZ. He cleared it up for us, so we decide, okay, the next night we'll continue mission. And we decided, okay, let's go I forget the direction, but I think it was west. We're still we're gonna go west. There's a village about six kilometers away. We know the Taliban stages out of there also, and so we're just gonna go down there and you know, set up an ambush, knowing they're gonna come and hit the camp that night, and we're just gonna ambush him. So so we take off and I remember we're walking around this this ridge line. It's really steep, man, I mean really steep, and we're walking on a goat trail that was maybe eighteen inches twenty four inches wide. It was a real muddy and slippery. There's a lot of water running down, and we'll wear night vision gloggles. It's pitch black. There's a lot of trees and uh cuising along, CUIs along, And then all of a sudden, I hear my interpreter behind me fall off the cliff right and he and he falls like maybe I don't know, twenty twenty five thirty feet down the side of this cliff, right, and he lands on the little ledge down there, and I could hear him, you know, you know, making you know, hoofing the puffet sounds and stuff. And I turned around and look down. I see him and I see what looks like just his whole face is like black. And the black was actually blood. Right, well, we're night vision goggles, so it looked, you know, it was dark black, but it was all blood. And he knocked his teeth out. His teeth were sticking out through his lips, his gums and stuff. And uh. And I looked at His name was HD. We call him HD for Harley Davison, right, he loved Harley Davison, even though he'll never own one. That was this thing, you know, so we always call him HD. I go HD, You okay, yes, sir, I'm okay, yes, sir, yes, sir. I'm like, you don't look good. And so we finally we would pull him up and I'm looking at him. Holy shit, dude, you're a mess, and uh. And then he begins to explain to me how that was the first night he ever wore night vision goggles. So are you kidding me? This is the first time you've been out on operation and you were an MVGS on a goat trail and uh, holy shit, man, what were you thinking, dude? And so anyways, you know, he fell off the cliff because he couldn't see because he didn't you didn't know how to use night vision goggles properly. And so we're sitting there and we had a Navy medic with us and bring him back forman and he's kind of patching up, you know, h HD. And then while we're sitting there, we're looking with the thermoals we could see so we're on this ridge line. We could see directly across to another ridge line about two hundred and fifty three hundred meters across from us, and we noticed a small fire burning and uh and so hold on, hold on for a second. Hey, I got my maid in here. She's cleaning and talked about employees. So anyway, so we see this fire burning and we're looking and looking looking, go okay, that looks really suspicious. Man. Well it turns out it was twelve Taliban and what they were doing they were one terrain feature away from the camp. So what they were doing is staging there. What they're gonna do it, get all spun up, and they come around and hit the camp that night from that position. So that was their you know, their MSS basically support site and uh and so anyways, so we we call, we called for close air support and there was happens to be I think it was an F fifteen on station. He had he had a couple of JDAMs with him, and uh, he was quite a ways out. You could even hear the aircraft. So we said, hey, you this us. You know, we we think we identify a Taliban location. We gave them the location. He's looking us his optics and like I said, he was so far out you couldn't even hear the guy. You had no idea he was on station. But he could actually see. He's actually counting. He goes, yeah, he got twelve guys armed AK forty seven weapons systems, blah blah blah. And he's very in detail describing these guys like holy shit. So we're like, all right, well send him to all lot man. And so the guy releases one thousand pounds Jadam and the time of flight was forty five seconds. And when he released it, he said, yeah, it's in round. We actually laid the target for him, and and you never heard the aircraft. You never even heard the jadam until it went off. And when it went off, I saw was pieces and parts flying through the air arms and legs and a K forty seven. We kept it all on if a red video and we kind of watched it the next day. It reveled over it. But so so we did that, and so we're like, okay, a mission accomplished. We don't need to go allway to the village. We go back. And then the next day these guys got the ass I guess decided it was some paybacks. So they come roll around there again, some more of them, and they happened to be an op lpop up on the on the high ground and a bunch of privates up there with forty nine and they just lazy killed another twelve killed another twelve of broad daylight coming around there. So we smoke quite a few guys in a couple of days we were there, and uh, we ended up you know, getting everybody out, every last man out, get all the equipment out, and was able to withdraw within the seventy two hours. Anyways, in spite of a shotdown helicopter in the compound. So but it was really you know, looking back at that, it's like, man, these guys were living hardcore little poncho who just for a year sleeping them up. They had no Wi Fi, no TV, they had nothing. Man, they were living they were living in really rough field conditions for a year and they're fighting out every day. And I'm like, man, that's you know, that's a hardcore shit there. But glad to get them out of there, because man, they were taking a beating and they were pretty much combat and effect. They couldn't leave the wire. They're just sitting ducks, you know, and uh and getting pop shots at them. So but that was an interesting mission. It was a lot of fun, went pretty fast and uh but you know, we got her downe and got everybody out of there. So unfortunately the other camp we didn't deal with the other camp. With the first camp, they took some serious casualties up there. I remember when that firefight happened, was a big deal. And this these three fobs were the northernmost US mill camps in Afghanistan. There was nothing else up there. I mean they were way out there too, I mean, really tough terrain, to get to you know, I said, the helicopters the only way to get in and out of there, and they shot down the one helicopter to HLS. They could have been worse, man, I could just imagine it had this thing, you know, disintegrated in the compound. You know, maybe you know, kill a bunch of men or something, you know, and hit field dumps. You know, it could have been a disaster, man, But it all worked out. Like I said, I was really impressed with the pilot to know that they had guys like that. Like that guy's got a pair of balls like a bull. Man. You're gonna come in here, rope them in at night and he's gonna get he's gonna get a cockpit and start pushing button to pull a lever and you know, praying to God just think fucking flies out of there, you know. And he did it, man, he actually did it. So pretty cool, you know.
Speaker 4: Dale, that's actually you know, you mentioned these fobs and that's something. And for those of you don't know, it's just a Ford Operating Base. It's you know, a little camp out in the middle of nowhere generally, but you know, we've talked about how special ops is really you know, everybody loves the sexy mission of the of special ops, but these conventional forces were out there, like at these remote places or on these law patrols, mixing it up all the time, and they really don't get the credit that they deserve.
Speaker 3: No, that's true, man, It's that's true. I was up in the corner Gall also, and so you had a bunch of fops in that area, same thing. Those guys were just getting pounded every day, man. And corn Gall was probably it was regardless, most dangerous place on the planet at that time. And it wasn't if you're going to get in contact, it was when and how bad. But if you go up into corn Gall, you're going to get smacked, you know. And there was there were guys up there every day, you know, slinging lead with each other, with the bad guys, you know. So yeah, they're you're right, man, they're out there, they're doing it, you know, and uh they're living in some hardcore conditions, you know, and uh and uh it sucks. But on one hand, you know, I mean I kind of lived that, man, Yeah, right right. You know.
Speaker 1: Of course, Dale As I recall, I mean, you retired from the Army, like just before nine to eleven. And I mean, I don't think there's any way that a dude like you was gonna miss the war on Terror. You did find a way, of course, obviously, to deal your way into the action. I remember you once telling me that you actually went out on ops by yourself a few times with the image, which I.
Speaker 2: Thought was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, what was this experience, like, I guess we're gonna say, oga, what was that like by comparison to your military experience?
Speaker 3: It was I want to say it was better because one, I was entrusted with a lot of men and a lot of money and mission right, so you know, I mean I was literally downranged. I only can describe it like Colonel Kurtz up the river in Apocalypse. Now. You know, there were there were times I was up the river in a camp with me maybe one or two other Americans maybe and uh, you know, anywhere from fifty to five hundred you know, Afghan mercenaries and especially in the in the beginning of the war. You know, I had a lot of latitude just to get the job done. You know, I can remember walking into the camp to the base ops talking to the chief there and going, hey, man, I'm gonna take the guys out tonight. We go down the road and wena hit that target back tomorrow morning. He's like okay, and he's out there and he's painting and ship, you know, he's doing he's like doing some weirder jobs. You know. It's like, yeah, okay, yeah, just don't get nobody hurt. You know, let me know what happened tomorrow morning, Like, yeah, Roger that and I'd go do my thing, you know, and uh, and there was no you know, there was no oversight. People just trusted me, you know, and they knew that, you know, I was able to do the right thing, to fight the war on terror, to beat the bad guys, whatever it took, and which is really cool, man to have that kind of given that kind of responsibility and uh, and had that kind of trust to go do that. And there were times, you're right. As the war went on, I worked with some of the same guys a lot, and uh, you know, they trusted me. I took care of them, you know, I mean I treated they were my soldiers, but I treated them with respect, with dignity. You know. I cared about them and their wives as well as their families. And so you know, I did what I thought the leader is supposed to do. You know, Unfortunately, you know this is gonna I'm gonna say it, but uh, a lot of guys don't get it, particularly you know, in the Navy. You know they're working with the indiage. And I say the Navy, I'm talking about particularly the Seals. You know, they don't have that background of working with Indigenous people and Green berets as you know, you know, Jack both you guys, you know that was our mission. Man is the is the windhearts and minds, train the Indigenous to basically stand up on our own armies and to go fight, fight war, and and that requires that we took care of our guys and we treat them with dignity, with respect. We didn't treat them like dogs. We didn't talk shit to them, We didn't abuse them, because that will come back and haunt you. That will that will end you somewhere on the battlefield by your own men if you do that wrong. And so these other guys didn't get that, and I got countless stories about that. But anyways, that was my mission was you know, always do the right thing by my soldiers, and so I look, I had the pay. You know, I had to check book, and you know, if the guys did a really good job, it's like, you know, here you go, here's a bonus to take the day off, take two days off. In fact, you know, you know I took care of my guys that way because I knew that would you know, the return would be huge on that down the road when I needed it. And I was right. So I had opportune of guys that forty two. In fact that you know, these guys, I would literally go out on operations by myself with them. Now I know I'm breaking you know, breaking protocol and all kinds of rules. Two man rule, you know, as an American, you got to go out with another American. But I got to the point with these guys that I trusted them so much. We've been out down range so many many times that and I mean I remember them telling me, you know, I remember one time they had a little formation and they're like, mister Dell, you know, we will never let anything happen to you. We will build a human wall around you. We will protect you with our lives. And I believe that, man, because I saw it, you know, And so I could go out down range two three days at a time, nobody knew what the hell I was at, you know, I was everywhere Afghanistania, out the freak in the middle of nowhere, you know, and we're going out and hitting targets and stuff, you know. And they could have easily, they could have easily let the air out of me out there somewhere and buried me and said, we don't know where he went, you know. And but that never happened. And you know, maybe I got lucky, I don't know, but I don't think so. I became very good friends with a lot of these guys, and particularly one of them's h He was one of the commanders, young, young guy, but definitely a go get her man. The whole platoon was, this particular platoon was very was very different from your typical Afghan They were more Western oriented their mindset, their personalities. You know, you could tell they loved the West, they love the American way, and so they were different in that regard. But the commander had been around for a while. Although he was young, his you know, his family had fought the Mouja Den he had lost, you know, family members, and this guy was on the hit list. You know, Taliban wanted this guy because of who he was and what he was in charge of. And I was always afraid that, you know, when we pull out as Americans, this guy is gonna get smoked. He's gonna kill him man, you know him and his family. And so one day I just never showed back up. I'd been going to the same camp for about almost eighteen months, and then I got reassigned because it was a problem at another camp and it had to do with you know, the American Afghan interaction, you know, poor leadership, blah blah blah, and I kind of got sent out there to try to, you know, fix this situation. So I never got to go back and see you know, the commander, and never saw him after that. And then long after I got out, I always wondered what happened to him. You know, I'm like, man, I'm afraid that, you know, he's gonna get killed one day, and so lo and behold, I get a message on Facebook. So I was always operating under you know, a fake name, fake everything. You know, nobody knew my real name, and this guy had found me on Facebook and he's messaging me and he's like, hey man, he goes me and my family are now in the United States. You know, he had he had five five boys and a daughter I think, and uh and his wife. They all made it to the States, made to Virginia, got a job. You know, people took care of him, you know. But they got him a special beast and got him out of there because they recognized that this guy is gonna get He's gonna get killed, man, no doubt he's gonna get kill when Americans left, and you know, look look what happened, man, I mean, let's look at what happened last August. Right here we go. How many people got killed? You know, no matter how many people are still getting killed. You know, I got to I guarantee you he would have been one of those guys. And in fact, some of my guys were killed. Some of my guys. They basically I think it was a total of thirteen. It was the last stand for them, man. They literally fought to the last bullet and they got killed, you know, trying to keep the keep the the Taliban wave back. So I know it's I know what it happened, and it was gonna happen to him. He beat the odds. The guy out there. He's lived in the United States. Actually just saw him about two years ago, which was really cool. But but yeah, this, you know, I would go out with these guys, you know, on a regular basis by myself, you know, and I trusted them, and uh, it is what it is. You know, we got the job done, and I kind of had a different perspective, you know. You know, I remember the guy that shot down a turban three three Okay, he was a young guy in fact, and we got intel one day that he had arrived at one of the local villages and we we knew he was there, and I'm like, great, let's go get this guy. But my unit, the Afghans, had been basically they've been stood down right because of this issue I mentioned earlier with the Seals, and there was a rift just what happened, and it wasn't good Afghan's fault. That was what I found out later on. So anyways, but nonetheless they were told to stand down for six months. We trained this blah blah blah. Now we got this guy from you know, shutdown turban three to three right down like two kilometers away. And I'm like, man, let me take the boys. Let's go get to this guy. This guy wasn't on the top of the HBT list, and he was right up there. Everybody wanted this guy. And I remember I was told no because the guys aren't they're not operational. And I go, the hell, they're not operational. I'm running these guys. I'm telling you they're operational. This is either road on the road, we get the guy, we'd come back, and they just they just said no, kept saying no. And I'm like, look, you hired me as a contractor, all right, I got all these skills. I said, then I'll go. You pay me a lot of money. Let me just go. If I don't come back, I don't come back, you know. But it was he sending me. Man. You know, I was mission oriented. These guys were risk averse. And it got that way, you know, as you know later on in the war, you know, everybody became risk a verse. Nobody was interested in winning the war. It just became, uh, you know, it became check the block, check the block. Right. So I remember some of the camps I'm at, We've got literally we've got these these case officers the logistics officers you know, from Paris Embassy from Europe, and we call them combat tourists as you know, right there there checking the block. You know, I was in combat when they never left the damn wire and they didn't even have a damn firearm on them. You know, it just turned into a total bullshit. That war should have been over a long time ago, but it just turned into a self looking ice cream for a lot of people. You know, Ye, sadly, it is what it is. But that's why I left in twenty eleven. I just had enough and I thought, Jesus Christ, you know, I'm gonna get killed for what? For nothing? And I was right for I was right. Look what happened, man, Look what happened. All these men are dead, women are dead for nothing. Nothing happened, you know, nothing. We show UBL a long time ago why we were still there then, you.
Speaker 1: Know, so bullshit they Uh Well, you said you left in twenty eleven from UH as far as contracting for our government, you kind of thought you were gonna I mean, you did go into UH television a little bit, started making some inroads on Hollywood. You thought, kind of like your soldiering days, were behind you from some of the things you've said. But then, uh, well, in the sequence of events, I mean, what what was it the.
Speaker 2: Hong Kong gig that came first?
Speaker 3: So yeah, So what happened was I literally got discovered by Discovery Channel, right, it was kind of weird and uh and so they, you know it, said, you know, we'd like for your try out. It's a TV show called One Man Army, And I thought, what can that be kind of cool? Do that be kind of like closing the chapter to my military paramilitary career, you know? And I thought it'd be kind of a cool way to go out do a little TV show, And so I did and I got selected, and uh and so I did. I guess I did pretty well on that show. And then I got a call about six months later from NBC said, Hey, we like what we saw Discovery. Would you be interested in trying out for this TV show, which was Stars and Stripes. As I understand that there were about ten thousand applicants that tried out for that show. I was one of eight, along with Chris Kyle and a couple of other guys on the show, to actually get selected. It was pretty long process. It was a lot of interviews. I'd actually fly out to the Universal studios and do an on site interview in front of the cameras. You know. Again, I did pretty well, and so I got selected and there I was. Now I'm doing I'm doing the Hollywood thing. And then that turned into other people started noticing me, wanted them meet with me. In fact, I went out with so I became really good friends with Terry Crews still end of this day. And Eva Torres, the WWE wrestler, she invited me to come out to an event, so I went out there. While I was out there, I got approached by some people that knew of me actually when it was a former student of mine, and said, we'd like to talk to you, and so, okay, we do. And it's a production company. They're they're pretty right wing out of Dallas, and I said, we need a poster boy. We want to make a conservative production company. We want to invite veterans to come out and participate in Hollywood events and things like that. We want to be more we want to do more right leading stuff than left leading stuff, and we need I use the poster board. So I was all in and started networking going to a lot of producers, you know. I just started getting around in Hollywood, is what was happening. And they were trying to pitch some TV shows for me. I ended up on a few shows, you know. So this whole thing was starting to get some grow some legs, and a couple of years out into it, there's some other weird stuff that happened. I'm not yeah, I probably shouldn't share it today, but there was some other really weird stuff started happening. Right. Little did I know that not only am I a poster boy, but I'm actually a prop for a bigger for government agencies for that way, So there's a very huge Chinese or Russian presence in Hollywood. They own everything. So I'll let you put it all together. Next thing, I know, I'm like, why are you guys giving me all this cash? And I'm not signing for anything, you know, and and on a regular basis, And what am I doing here again? You know, just do your thing, you know, be the Hollywood guy, you know, networking okay, And I didn't ask any questions, but got really weird, really weird after a while. And then then I realized, holy shit, man, I'm in another spy versus spy fucking movie and don't even know it yet and so so anyways, after a couple of years, I was asked to move to Hollywood to live out there. I was told I could be the next Danny Treo. I could be on all kinds of TV shows. And I had to do a little thinking. Man, I was like, is this who I really am? Is this me? You know? Because I don't like these people man for the most part. You know, they're They're a different culture, different mindset. You know. I'm used to actually being an action guy and not pretending to be an action guy, I know. And so so that kind of ended up. I ended up moving to Hong Kong and I was working over there running security detail for a multi billionaire investment banker, which is okay, it's kind of cool. I was living downtown one Chai, Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: Dale Dal Can can I interrupt for one second for a sponsor? Uh quick live read own and we'll jump We'll drop right back into your story.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hey guys, it's Jack. I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show. If you've been watching it, enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this, you can check out our Patreon. It is patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse, and for five dollars a month you can get access to all of these episodes of The Teamhouse ad free. The same goes with our affiliated podcast eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy that one, you will also get all of those episodes add free. And you support the channel and the show, and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company, this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world of YouTube advertising. So we really appreciate all of you guys. There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, so if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise, we got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month, we will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merch shop and additionally they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff. So please go and check them out and support the show. We really appreciate it, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, So Dale, back to you. You were working for an investment banker in Hong Kong, that was the deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was protected. I was running a security detail. I was one of the guys run the security detail, so you know, I ended up falling into That's a couple of things happened. That pup decides the Hollywood thing not you know, I wasn't interested and started losing interest in it. The other thing that happened was I had sold another one of my companies. So I've owned several companies. I've sold them to G four s Wacken Hut. I sold this other company twenty eleven to another company. I was running this company out of my office at home for about two years, making real from twenty three thousand dollars a month, just sit in my office. And anyways, that went south, and it didn't go south because I was sitting in my office. It was south because the investors were doing their job. But nonetheless, I decided to pull a pitch and get out of there. Ended up in Hong Kong, and then that's actually where I met my wife. She's Indonesia, and she went back to Indonesia. I went back to the States, and then eventually I went to Indonesia. You know, chasing drawers, that's what we do, right and so so I went over to meet her and started looking around and started realizing there's business opportunities. So I'm actually talking to you right now from Bali. That's where my office is in Bali, Indonesia. But we decided, you know, hey, there's some business opportunities here in relatives and security canines blah blah blah. And my wife had started our business here and we've been in Bali. I've lived Indonesia now almost seven years, I think, and I've been in Bali over four and a half years. And we're running explosive detective dogs, patrol attack dogs, and narcotic detector dogs for like all the Marriott properties and the local venues here. So it's pretty cool gig, you know. I get to I get to play with my dogs and make money off of them too, you know. And uh, you know, we did really well here right up until COVID, you know, took our legs out from under us. Like everybody else. It wasn't really COVID, it was all the freaking crooks that capitalized on it. But nonetheless, we're back and we're back in business, and uh just signed another contract, signed two contracts, so you know, we're back in business here. So that's why that's how I ended up in Bali. I live here. I have a home in Florida as well. Also actually have another home in the Philippines. But uh so I kind of like live out of a suitcase. So with all I said, you would think that, okay, after the Hall, you know, the Hong Kong field, that was kind of a cool gig, kind of everybody thinks that being a bodyguard is like really uh you know, really cool. I gotta tell you, man, it sucks all right. On one hand, you know, living in Hong Kong, that was the cool part. Living in Hong Kong, Okay, one of my favorite cities until the Chinese took back over. But it's a really cool place. But being the work of a body card is. It sucks and I keep saying that, but it actually sucks. It's a good job for it's a good job for younger guys, you know, but you know, for guys like me, it's like insulting in a lot of ways, you know. I so the pay was okay, Actually the pay has been really well. I got paid very well. And I'll share the story with you about la here in a minute. But going back to the Hong Kong deal. So here, I am investing, you know, for providing security for this really wealthy Chinese guy in his mid fifties, late fifties, married to a thirty two year old Mexican model, big old boobs on her, you know, good looking, beautiful insight, but the ugliest person you'll ever meet on the inside. Oh my god, man, she was horrible. Man. And you know, we all know what that was about. But anyways, it was a difficult job in that, you know, dealing with the client. They're just rich. People suck, Okay, that's a.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact.
Speaker 3: People suck. And you know there's a reason that they're rich, and it's because they're really good at walking over a lot of other people man to get there and that's a fact. I've got a lot of rich business partners, rich friends, rich clients. I got one guy, he's a billionaire. Ohs be four hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Yeah, he's a billionaire, and he screwed me out of four hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Man, So kind of let the bad taste in my mouth these people. And the lesson learning out of that is be your own boss, hero's success story. Don't count on none of these other people, man, because everybody will take from you. So I said earlier before the interview, you know how you need mean and vile and nasty people really are? I got some. I got another story on that one too. So anyways, I did this for a while. You know, Like I said, it's kind of a thankless job. You get paid, but you're treated like shit. You know. Here, I am a guy with a PhD, you know, and I got I got another friend of mine ready for this. He's a seal commander, lawyer for Blackwater, and he's a bodyguard with me. And we got this thirty two year old client, you know, with one fucking live brainshell talking down to us like we're the little freaking kids, like hell, you know, So that's what I mean by that. But so I ended up doing all that, and then other things started happening. I had an opportunity to go to Yemen. We've you know, we've kind of talked about that in another episode. But basically, while I was here, So the same company I was working for in Hong Kong, the Friends of Mine, I worked for them in South Africa, Mexico. You know, I did a lot of stuff with him, contracting as a consultant, security consultant, bodyguard, et cetera. So so here's the story out. So I'm going right into this one. This was kind of cool. So one night I'm in South Africa sitting around the pool with a guy. The owner of his name will call him a g and uh AG's a pretty freaking hardcore, no shit kind of guy. Man. He either likes you or he don't. If you don't like you, he'll let you know about it too. And so luckily I was, you know, I was a good friend with this guy, and I got a little just fine with him. So we're in South Africa sitting around the pool one night and he's like Dale, he goes he goes, how come you do all these other things? You know, why don't you just focus on security and you know you could be really good at that and make a lot of money. You know, why do you do this and do that? Because at the time, I was like teaching as a professor for Henry Putnam University. I'm a journeyman. I just travel around doing weird jobs, right, like going to Singapore to training dogs. And I told him, I said, well, you know, I said, you know, I said, I said, I got a lot of ex wives out there need to get paid, you know, a parasites man. You know, I've gotta pay them off all the time. You know, I got a lot of kids, and you know, and so so I said, I go where the work is I make my money. I said, I'm pretty happy because I get to travel, I get to do different things. I wear a different hat every day, and so it's not so bad. And he looks at me. He goes, man, he goes, what if I gave you fifty thousand dollars cash? He goes, would that help you? And I thought about I was like, yeah, of course it would help me, but I'm not taking it. And he wanted to give me fifty thousand dollars cash because he thought it would relieve some pressure, right, and so that I could focus on just you know, security, for example. And I said no, I said, you know what, I can't accept your money. I said, I don't take money. I don't earn. And so we kind of got an argument over the swimming pool, round the swim pool and he's like, well, he goes, tell me Dale. He goes, You've done so much in your life. What's next? What are you gonna do next? And I looked at him, I go, I want to be like you. He looks at me like I go, what, And yeah, I want to be like you. I'm gonna be some rich guys sitting around a fucking pool asking people what they're gonna do with their lives. You know. It couldn't give him fifty thousand dollars, so, you know, so we ended up parting ways. That night. I went to our rooms and the next morning his partner calls me to the office and uh, he goes, hey, AG left the O this morning, went back home. But you know, he just put fifty thousand dollars in your bank account. And I was like, what the hell? Man? And so he goes, you can't give it back. We're not taking it back. We don't want it back. He goes, Listen, he goes, other people have helped us, Other veterans have come up and helped us when we needed. And he goes, we wanted to do the same thing, you know. And uh, I said, well, I appreciate all that. But I said, I don't work for free. So I said, count, count, this is paying. He's paid this forward. So next time you have a project, I said, you call me. I'll drop what I'm doing. I'll come here wherever and go to work for you. Right, you get your money back. So that wasn't even enough, man, And then he put me on a seven thousand dollars a month retainer for next six months. My damn. So I'm making I'm doing all right. And and so then I leave and I ended up going back to Indonesia. I start my security business here and I'm married yet, but we start this enterprise. And then one day I'm flying back to the US and I get a text message from ag. He goes, hey, man, I need to talk to you by some security related stuff. This is over a year later, a year and a half later, and I thought, man, you know, I got my own security business. These conflict adventures, I really wasn't interested at this point. I was excited about starting my own company here. So I get to the stage, he text me, game knows, I really really need to talk to you if I can't talk to you over the phone. And I'm like, I don't know. You know aget, you know, I'm him in a haunt. He goes, Okay, listen, He goes, I'm gonna buy your plane ticket to San Diego. He goes, well, you get here, I'm gonna pay you six thousand dollars three hours of your time. I got it. You got to listen to me. Shit, Okay, So it must be important. So I fly out there. He's leaning up against this bad ass, freaking portion at the airport. I show up. He hands me an envelope with six thousand dollars cash and he's getting bitch. We take off right and uh. We end up in his neighborhood, which was pretty amazing. I mean he literally he lived next door to Bill Gates and a whole bunch of other other people. Holy shit, this guy's rolling in dough and he was so that evening, we had a you know, we sat down, we had dinner, and he and his partner told me what the plan was, right, and so basically it was they had a contract with the Imiordis and uh, basically to take out their HPTs, right, they need a special force capability to have it. Age promised them that we could deliver this, and so you know, okay, yeah, Roger, that sounds like a good idea, pretty cool. But you know, I'm going back to Indonesia in three days, and uh, I really didn't want to go. And so he already threw forty thousand dollars cash on the table in front of me. He goes, that's yours, right, And I'm like, look, dude, I go. I said to you, I said, you do the first one. I said, I'll come in for the fall on evolutions. I just got to go home, you know, see my girl, and kind of you know, I'm not always ready for this shit, you know, And he goes, no, if I don't, if I can't have you for the first one, and I don't need you for the other ones, and so I'm like, damn, okay, I said, all right, okay, okay, I'm in right, so I fly home. I said, I got to go to Indonesia first though, So I literally the next morning, I fly to Indonesia. I see my wife, my girl. I lie to her. I said, look, I'm gonna go to the Middle East. I'm doing some consulting, you know, security consulting work, you know, make a little bit of money. Be right back, no danger problem, right back. Oh okay. So they tell me, don't bring any equipment. You don't need it. It's already provided for you. Right. Oh okay. So I fly. I fly from Jakarta all the way to New York LaGuardia. I check into a hotel as I'm supposed to. I'm waiting around downstairs in the lounge area, restaurant area, having a beer, and I noticed there's a bunch of French dudes walking around. They all look pretty fit, you know, but they're French, and so I'll get a little suspicious. And then I had to be up in a hotel room around ten thirty that night. We all had to meet there. Okay, we all were given instruction at this time meet this room. So I show up in there and there's all these French duds are standing there. There's eleven of us total. You know, Age is partner of seal me and then the other the French, the French foreign legionaires is what they are. And so we're all standing looking at you. They're like, who's who you know? Like the movie Roning. And then Age he's like, all right, guys, here's here's the mission. Here's the plan. He goes, this is what we're gonna go do. He goes. If you're not interested, he goes, you can keep the twenty thousand dollars I gave you and just leave right now and no questions asked, go back home, like fuck man. So everybody got twenty twenty grand except for me. I had forty grand. I had ton Nobody well, there was a reason I got forty grand, and I was about to find that out in a second. So nobody quit. He goes, okay, good, because welcome on board. He goes, so, and then he points at me. He tells everybody in the room. He goes, that guy's in charge of everything, he's the boss. Whatever he says, goes, you do what he tells. You do everything. I'm like, what me? So, you know, I don't even know what the hell's going on? Here right now, and I'm in charge right all of a sudden of everything and literally everything and all right, So the next day we have to meet downstairs. In the evening, we get on a bus, a bunch of vands, and we go to Teterborough's private air force airport up there, and he tells us to make sure we're wearing all our tactical gear, our uniforms. That's kind of weird. That's a business fucking airport. Everybody's wearing suits and we show up wearing cameouflage and beers and shit. Right, But he had a reason for it, Okay, he had a reason for it. And the reason was he knew people were watching us, people very high up were watching this, okay, and so he wasn't He didn't want to hide anything. He didn't want to give the illusion that we're not up to something. He wanted to make you really clear that yeah, we're doing this and I'm not going to hide it. So we show up the airport that night, A G five shows up. We loaded with food and water, our gear, no weapons, and we take off and we fly. I think we did our first fuel stop in Hungary and uh, and then we continued on, and so the pilots and the flight attendant, they had no idea where we're going, right, they got their initial grid cornets, and then in flight from Hungary, we gave them a change of uh, changed the flight plan on said okay, this is your cordinates. This is where you put an airplane down, which was in the desert on a dirt airstrip, complete remote, not even on a map, like, they're right here as an airstrip on this great. Can I just put your airplane there? You know what I said, just do it. It served me back. They even questioned it, man, So they're like, whatever you guys want, man, you know, we're doing it. So we end up landing in the middle of an airfield. There was, if you want to call it was just a strip, just a dirt strip. There was nothing there, nothing except one sitting there with the ramp down engines running. That was the only thing that was sitting there. So we landed G five, We unload our shit, We walk over to the to the ramp. There's a kernel waiting for us as an intel officer and that military yeah Emarati right, So he's checking the block as we're getting on. You know, we're loading all our shit in the back and then uh, we take off and we fly about another four hours to uh Djibouti. We land, get off and there's a H forty seven or two AGE six helicopters sitting there, engines running, waiting for us. So we transload into those things, take off FLA about another hour. We end up in AID and gaming uh at one of their fobs out there, and so we you know, at this point, it's like two o'clock in the morning, Uh, two am, And I asked the intel officer, I go, hey, where's all our gear, all the weapons, all the shit that's supposed to be waiting for us, because oh, it's on the way. And so they had set up a couple of GP mediums in a contonement area within the fob. Nobody knew he was there. They intentionally try to make sure we were hidden, you know. And so he said'll be here shortly, right, So this shows up all these pickups bucks full of garbage, literally fucking garbage, you know, like pieces and parts of weapons systems, just shit, man, I mean, like, what the hell instead of and lonull this crap, you know, And we got DSHK with no no tripods we've got you know, we've got no magazines with AK forty seven. We've got no links for the pkms, you know. And oh, by the way, we're supposed to be getting all us milk equipment brand new, and they're giving us this thirty year old chicom rusty bullshit, right, and uh and I'm I'm I'm inventoring it and I'm looking at it, and I realized, ain't nothing we can do with this. Nothing functional, nothings operational. So I walked up to him, to the colonel. I go, hey, Sir, I said, this ain't gonna work. I said, we're missing everything, right, I miss all pieces and party. He hated the fact that we were coming in the fighters war. He hated the fact that they didn't have the capability, right. He despised us. And I said, Sir, I said, well, this is not you know, that's not going to get it. And he looks at me with his hands on his hips and go, so, what you're telling me is you can't do the mission. I'm like, no, I didn't say I couldn't do the mission. I killed the guys in a damn spoon, But I can do the mission. I would readily like to have some weapons though, you know, I can shoot from a distance, you know. And uh, and so I gave him a little you know piece in my mind. I confronted him and he's like, okay, okay, I said, by the way, where's all my American weapons that that we're supposed to get? Right? I know what he did. He took that money put in his freaking pockets, right right, Yeah, that's what he did, right, little son bitch, and he went down to the local bazaar and bought us all this crap, right, and so anyways, and kind of getting the stink guy, he got the message. He came and I gave the shortage list. He came back with the pieces and parts we were missed, and basically we were just cobbling weapons together and you know, improvising everything. There were no uniforms, nothing, man. So I'm literally got a pair of five elevens on from desert boots. I had on a tank top for the gym. I actually had weight training gloves. Those are my tactical gloves, you know. I was we were making it up as we go, man. We're literally like making our own freaking you know best and stuff for ambo and stuff and knitting and shit. You know, I was like, are you kidding me? So we literally improvised everything we had to go do these operations because we got no tactical gear. Just they didn't give it to us. And I think it was because he wanted us to fail what it was right, but we were We weren't having that. So the next question was, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: How old were you at this point?
Speaker 3: Dale? So this was twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, so you basically what six years ago, I'm fifty nine. I was about fifty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's nice. It's nice to know though that a tiger doesn't change its stripes.
Speaker 1: Now find I find that comforting about you?
Speaker 3: No, man, Actually I would lead the charge. Man. I was the goodest shape as anybody there were better, you know, And there was a reason I was in charge because I learned that lesson later on too. It's like, okay, now I know why I'm here. But so anyways, we got the target list. It was long, over forty people on the list spread across three countries. So we're going to do some globe trotting to go take these guys out. But they were all hvts. Uh. It was not a capture mission. It was a kill mission. That was it. These guys had to go. They're all bad guys. They're all terrorists. They're all associated or affiliated with al Qaeda, particularly al Qaeda Arabic Peninsula, a cap on the Muslim brotherhood isis hoo. They's there were a lot of bad guys there.
Speaker 2: Which which three countries.
Speaker 3: I can't say the other two countries to say they were on the African continent.
Speaker 4: So just so because you're saying like aq Air Penessa did the U a E. Which is a fairly I mean in terms of Arabic countries, it's like a fairly liberal country.
Speaker 2: Did And I don't.
Speaker 4: Mean liberal politically, I just mean liberal in terms of like religion whatnot. Do they have a different HVT set than say the United States does, and that their concerns even though these people are a Q or isis, but their concerns are different because these h high value targets, the hvts are operating directly against, like the Emirates in places like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so exactly, they got their own their their target lists maybe different from our target lists, some of them, not all of them. And they had their own agenda. In fact, the reason we got hired by the m O D, because he's the guy that hired us, was actually a Palestinian and very prominent guy, not even Immorati, but because of a friend of a friend of a friend, he got put in the mod position. And so there's a there's actually very interesting story about the This guy on his name is Muhammad dolland you can look him up on the internet. Very interesting guy, very cool guy actually, but very interesting and uh, he was not what you would expect. But so anyways, you know, the target list was long sped over for three countries. We needed to get this point. He wanted this one guy in particular right off the bat. He's number target number one. And we're like, okay, what's the deal with this guy? And you know, and they explained to us, you know why he's a threat. Okay, he's a he's a shady character. He's he was actually from India. He was not Arabic, he was India, but he was Muslim, and he was a pedophile and he's almost sexual. Yeah, kind of weird shit going on too, but he was very well trained in trade craft and street craft. So he never put his head down the same place twice. He had his own security detail. He was being financed, as I understand it, by the Muslim Brotherhood and others. He was using al Qaeda as an action arm. Just a lot of weird things going on, right, So suppose to this guy won the Nobel Prize. Blah blah blah. It's all bullshit, okay, because one of the things I made sure of that I insisted on was any targets that we take out, we gotta I gotta be convinced this guy's a bad guy, and it's just not some little personal agenda, right right, this guy got to be a legit target. So we did our due diligence, you know, and we investigated closely. It's like, okay, this guy's he's the real deal, so we green lighted him. But it was interesting was as we're going through this target list we're developing. The first target took us a couple of weeks, which actually was pretty fast considering we had no human human sources, We had nothing to work with. I mean, we're gleaning information off the internet, you know, We're bribing them ordies to give him some intel. They were trying to what's the word I'm looking for. They were trying to remain hands off. They want to have plausible time, right yeah, right, And so we're like, hey, dude, we're never gonna get this done if you're not helping us, you know. So they ended up getting some sources. You know, we ended up paying a bunch of money. You know, it makes a bunch of promises and stuff like that. But in this process, we realized on this list was a guy who was the uh the mastermind behind the USS coal bombing, and he was running a madrasa in Ate and he was running a pipeline for ISIS fighters. This guy's a shithead still and he was there. We're like, oh, this is this is number one. Were going out for that guy first, you know, and he's right down the road and uh, he's really got no security. His houses across the corners catequarter to his madrasa where he's running this pipeline you know, for ISIS fighters and stuff. And so we really wanted that guy. Okay, he's the USS coal bomb you know, mastermarind We were told no, said no, no, you work for us. This is number one right here, this guy here, you guys can have him later on, Like, fuck man, we really wanted this guy. He would have been an easy target too, but we didn't get We didn't get the shot at him that we wanted. So so long story short, my job was besides, you know, the planning execution, I realized really quickly that the guys that were with me didn't know what the hell they were doing. So they had no idea about explosives. They didn't know how to use explosives. In fact, I had to show, actually I had to show one of the guys was a seal literally how to put an a K forty seven in action. He had no idea how to load it and charge it. I fucked dude, you know. And so this was a seal too. But he was a good guy. I'm not gonna take nothing from him. He just didn't know what he was doing. But he turned out to be actually one of the better guys out of the bunch because his head was the right place. The other turn, the other seal was a total turd, though complete turd. So now I'm training these guys on how to basically set headspace some timing on a fifty caliber machine gun. Run became machine guns you know, all the weapon systems we have, and then the mission came down. It was like, we might have to hit this guy on the way to the airport. There's only one flight a day leaving Aiden and uh and we had intel that this guy might try to get on that airplane on one of these particular days, and so what we're gonna do is ambush him at the airport. Now, what was interesting is the Amorati military occupied the airport, but all the access roads, all the gates going into the airport were manned by al Qaeda, right, so they control the gates and uh so we would literally have to drive to the gates way bit mister al Qaeda, you know, and then go inside into into the compound. But he had one flight a day, and we thought, this guy's gonna get on win these flights. So we just started planning. Okay, we got to hit him. We picked out the checkpoint location where we're gonna we're gonna smack him, and they thought, well, what if he doesn't come this way, what if he goes that away? And then we thought, okay, let's ambush him in the vehicle. He's running a small motorcade. Did skin trucks. Then the question was, can we can ride a motorcycle. I'll be damn, I'm the only guy can ride a motorcycle. I said, are you kidding me? I'm the only guy who can ride a god damn motorcycle. So now I'm you know, I'm doing it all man, I'm like, why are you guys do it here? I said, I might as well just do everything, you know, I got to ride the motorcycle. I got to build the IEDs, you know, I got ag on the back of the motorcycle. He's gonna hang my id off the mirror of this truck while we're driving, and then vape Peri's vehicle with the guy in it. Right, So we got all these contingency plans, and I'm starting to realize really quickly that I'm the only guy who knows what the hell is going on. I'm the only guy who's got the tactical experience to execute this thing, you know, and uh, going back to Discovery Channel, I am a one man army. So so anyways, so we had all these contingency plans, man, and there's you know, we would do all kinds of stuff. Man, it kept changing every day because the guy never slept in the same place twice, so we had to keep adjusting the mission profile. Right, Okay, now we're in stead of doing motor cycles in the helicopter. Okay, when I doing helicopter, now we're walking, you know. And so so finally we we finally got some good intel one night, and we had about an hour and a half to spin up because the guy was staying downtown in an office and he wasn't gonna come out. We had eyes on he went watching the guy reporting back to us. We had a drone helicopter up, you know, video on the on the office. We know he was in there. He went in there with his bodyguards and a his assistant and he had come out. So we were staged already ready to go. And uh, that's when we went in. And it was only it was actually five of us that went in out of the team, and the five of us, one of them was an Arab. He's a he's one of their majors in the military. And he was just the driver. It's like, look, you just drive, you don't touch guns, don't play with the fucking radio. Just drive. That's all you got to do, right, and so and and me and and the A G and the two seals were in the back of this up armored land cruiser. And the job was to literally pull up to the office. I was gonna get out, put ied on the building and bring it down on top of this guy's head. And so that's was the basic plan. And so we roll in. It's I think it's about nine thirty at night, very dark, very dark. You had people on the streets drinking chi, you know, very narrow roads, very congested. And so we go rolling in at about three miles an hour. That was top speed, you know. I literally got as a car comes to stop. I've got out, kind of looking in the window, trying to see who's inside the window, and I'm putting a muzzle in his face, getting ready to let the air out of him. And so finally we get in front of the office and like go, doors come open. The first guy shot is the driver, the only guy without a weapon. He gets shot in the fucking leg, and then the rest of us bail out. I grab my charge and I run across the street, run in front of the office door, and I tried to open the door. First, I got my I was going to try to open the door, throw a couple of hand grenades in there, and they just go in there and shoot everybody. But they had locked the door from the inside because the bodyguards usually they sat out on front, but at night they would roll inside. They lock the doors up, and they would sit right behind the doors, and these big steel doors, so I couldn't get the door open, so I knew they were in there. They locked it, and so I thought, okay, thenother choice I have now is the place is id that I built in front of the door. So the charge was I filled an ammal can with C four and I filled it up with the armor plating from an M wrap, so basically made it the motherwall Claymares and you know, added some extra honter for the P factor. So I had a little nuclear weapons, but I had it was all directional, and so I placed the charge. There's a raging gunfight going on right now, and I'm by myself. So for whatever reason, I don't know why, but AG ran up the fucking road like with his hair on fire, and he's shooting it out with people up the street, and he's actually supposed to be with me at the door, pulled security for I got my hands full. And same thing with the other guy, the other steal. He doesn't follow me to the door either. He stays at the vehicle. His excuse was his weapon kept malfunctioning, but he had a spare right next to him. He didn't grab that one, so he didn't follow me over. So I'm basically out there by myself and went flapping, you know. And anyways, I placed the charge. I could not run back to my ex field vehicle because you know, the engagement was just too close down. I would have run right into an ambush. And so I decided, Okay, I'm gonna run out the street to another vehicle waiting down the road. And but the vehicle that we infilled in was an up armored land cruiser by three hundred thousand dollars car and so I had already placed an ID in the back of it, an incendiary device I built it, put it back there, and uh, what I was gonna do is running back to my original vehicle. I was going to stop, pull the firing system, and we're going to destroy that land cruiser. I don't know why they wanted to destroy it, but they didn't want to bring it out the target our instructors will leave it there and destroy it. So that's what they want, that's what they get, that's what they're paying for. So anyways, I could not get to the charge. So the other seal he knew that contiency plan was if I don't make it back, he was a run up and fire the system, and he did, and it's all on video and the first charge goes off and I just wrecks the building apparently vaporizes the bodyguards behind the doors. And then and then he pulls the other system and then it goes off and it literally blew that that car up and literally burned it to the ground. I mean it was nothing left of it. I was actually in awe that it actually worked as well as it did, because it was literally improvised explosive. I never built one like this before. I didn't know. I just kind of made it up as I went. It was kind of cool. I used and wait for this, I use net, I use next cafe, coffee grounds and a jar, half a half a litter, a half a bottle of gasoline, and a quarter block and see four cobble this freaking thing together, put it over the gas tank and I'll be damned word can burn that thing to a christy critter. But so we get out, we get out of the mission. And then and so all of us were given ranks. So the question is, okay, you know, for everybody out there's list Oh my god, being a mercenary is illegal. I've heard all the bullshit. All right, to shut up, all right, let me just explain what happened here. All right. First of all, it is not illegal to work as a mercenary. Okay, you go to State Department website. You, as an American citizen, can work for foreign countries. Okay, a foreign government, as long as that government their policies are in alignment with US policy. Okay, the Ammiratis are friends of Americans. Okay, we're fighting the same global war on terrorism. Boom. All right, there it is too. You can join their military and guess what they assigned us ranks. They gave us all rank. Guess with the leader ranking his currently ranked his guy, there was a g made him a full word colonel. He's in charge of the entire airport operating base. He's in charge of the Arabs, and he just he guys when he's Jewish. Yeah, guy's Jewish. He's a Jewish colonel in their military giving them orders. So we get back to the to the compound and uh you know, fucking you're plugging holes and stuff, and and uh Ag comes back a few minutes later. He's got a thumb drive. He went to the drone pilot. He goes, I'm the colonel, give me a copy that that drone village. He got it. And the reason he got this for insurance, so it could never be said that we're out there's a bunch of renegades on our own, right, you know, doing this kind of ship. Got proof right here, it came out of your helicopter. You know, here's the here's the footage, right, So there was a smart move man, you know, Like I said, it was insurance. So then what happens is basically, okay, we're not sure if we got the target or not. Because the next day on the news, the local news, his assistant was all wrapped up, you know, and he's on the news going hi, and then then a boo, you didn't get us, you know, but he's all fucked up and the other guys are vaporized, and so we don't know what happened to the principal, and we were told he did get away and he went back to Saudi Arabia, which I kind of doubt that because the Saudis won him dead too, So why would you come back to Saudi Arabia? Right, So he basically dropped off the map. We're not sure what happened. Maybe he went into hiding and maybe I scared the shit out, you know, and he decided he wants some more part of it. I don't know. But so we go back to uh We end up in Abu Dhabi, we meet with the client and basically we're doing aar after actually, reporter is what happened, blah blah blah, and he was happy. And so the contract, if I remember right, the contract was worth eight hundred and eighty million dollars. Okay. The first mission was eight hundred thousand dollars okay. The first mission was a vetting mission. If we were successful, we would get the rest of the contract. And that's why it was important that I was on the first mission, right because it had we had had to go right, I tell you right now, and and I've been there, they wouldn't have fucked up the charges. They didn't know how to build them. They wouldn't have been effective at all. They wouldn't have known how to use half the weapon system, you know, they would have had to go to the rie goes, hey, can you show us how to you know, with this gun? You know, that's what I'm paying you for. So none of that was gonna work. So that's why I realized, Okay, there's my value. That's why they had to have me, right. So you know, we got you know, awarded the rest of the contract, and then uh and then we had you know, the follow on fall on missions after that. So anyways that happened, and then uh, finally I ended up I ended up walking out of the desert. Me and one of the seals had enough because the one seal that's in charge, I'm not even mentioned his name, he's all fucked up, and AG had to go do something. I said, no, I ain't staying out here. This this is bullshit. There's a lot of leadership issues that there were. You know, there were very pronounced mans that really wrecked the whole project. Poor leadership, zero leadership, And I give an example one day. You know, so I'm getting paid all this money as a special advisor and I noticed that one of the seals, the bosses, is laying in the back of the pickup truck sunbathing with no clothes on every day, and he's telling the guys to fetch his coffee and do this and do that, you know. And these are all grown men right with families, they're soldiers, are veterans, and he's telling them go fetch coffee. And then I realized he's actually he's hiding cases, a red bull in his hoots, fruit, all kinds of fresh stuff he's had he's hoarded for himself, not even sharing it with the team, right. I found out about that when they're exactly go in to get something, and I went the fuck. So I walked up to the truck one day like back there and I go, hey, man, I said, you guys paying me a lot of money to be your special advisor, so I'm gonna go ahead and earn my money right now and give you some advice. And they're looking at me, huh. I got ready for this lead by example and they're like, and I go, yeah, lead by example. So you think this a lead by example, This ain't leading ship. I said, all that red bull in your room, that that's not leading by example. I said, these guys here, I said, they could give two ships about your bottom line. When we're out there in the firefight in the street, I said, nobody cares about your bottom line, your corporation. All they care about is getting back home. And they're gonna remember who took care of them and who didn't. I said, And right now, you making them fetch coffee while your son bathing and everyone they're working their ass off, ain't holding no water. And he and you know what, he disagreed with me. I got to disagree. It is a business. He's freaking moron, I said. You know what, when we get out there, I said, when it shit hits the fan, and they got to make a decision either save me or save you. Uh bye bye. You're not saving your ass. I'm the guy taking care of him. I'm the guy running interference from constantly, you know. And and that's my job. I said, But you're paying the paycheck, man, I said, you need to do your part, you know. So there was stuff like that that was going on out there that just I said, you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be a part of this any more. And I actually left ended up planes, trains and automobiles due Dubai Abu Dhabi. I think I went back to the US and finally went back to Indonesia or Indonesia in the US camera. I was all over the day, gone place. But you know, I just decided that I'm done with that part of it.
Speaker 1: How many of that list of forty names, like, how many hvts down did you get during that contract?
Speaker 3: Because a couple. What's kind of funny is we had one guy that was the Isis bomb maker, very prominent guy, and he was definitely gonna get it, man, But we had it all lined up. I built this freaking mega, freaking ID for him special and and he was going out every day in the after we were watching with the drone and the afternoon he would go out on the street and he had a couch on the street right and he would sit there and sell drugs cack right. Guys would comby, and he was a drug dealer too, on top of everything else. And then on the end of his compound, he had a garage called the Monster Garage and he was building metal doors, but actually he was building id's in there. He had all kinds of sealing tanks and stuff like that. And so my job was going to be to blow up this entire monster shop one night, and then we're gonna go up to his compound and shoot him in his fricking face. Just so we're getting ready to do this, he went out to sell some drugs on the street. You know, guy drives by and he was with the yim Andy's Resistance and boom but kills him right there. Man does a job for us, like shit, you know, probably a good thing because it would have been really hard to get in and get back out of there. They had that place locked down pretty good, between the ISIS and al Qaeda and the Hooty's. He was pretty secure, and we were definitely gonna be you know, we were definitely gonna be hanging out there trying to get to him. But uh, we made down the list a little bit and not very far and before I walked away. I don't know what they did after that. I actually know that one of the guys they ended up in uh Serbia, and one of the guys on the team got rolled up, ended up in jail for almost two years on weapons charges. They were, you know, kind of doing the same thing. The games we're doing. Gay man, I didn't have any part of that. Walked away. But he got out of jail because somebody murders his attorney at the doorstep in the courtyard. So he lost everything that kept tire a case against him. And uh, he's actually pretty famous seal. I'm not gonna say this name, but he's a pretty famous he's a pretty famous seal. But uh, he fucked up, and uh he got he got rolled up, and he spent a couple of years in Serbia and jail because of that. So anyways, yeah, going back to so you know, round and round and round everything starts happening. I ended up from there in Los Angeles running. So I was protecting a multi millionaire as a starlet in Hollywood. So what happened about on the TV show swat right? And I was invited to be on that show. So I'm out there on the set. I get a call from my friend, who's you know, he's a pretty good guy man. He's a country western singer. He's like, hey, dude, he goes got a poll and he goes, I got a friend. She's in big trouble. Some guys stole over a million dollars with the diamonds from her. They want to kill her because she wants to go to the police. This that that she's very wealthy. She's thirty one years old, beautiful, never been made, no kid, she's every man's dream, dude, I'm telling you right now, right So, and I don't even know this. I don't know all this about her yet. I just know she's in trouble and I'm the only guy he'll recommend. And so apparently she already done the Google search and all this shit. He goes call her and work out the price. So I call her up, Hey, you, this is me. What's going on? What do you need? Okay, here's my price? And my price was two thousand dollars a day plus pass the costs. I said, you want me to protect you two grand plus pay for all my expenses. She didn't bat an eye, like really, And so I almost kind of said that because I really didn't want to do the job, right. I know bodyguard works, so I figured if I'm gonna do it, better be worth it, right, So I said too grand? And then and then she's like, okay, no problem, really, I said, Well, I said, you know, I said, I'm on a Hollywood set, so I didn't bring any suits and clothes for this either, you know, and I really prepared for this. She goes, don't worry, you don't need any clothes. Oh okay, little did I know she actually met. I didn't need any clothes. I just need to show up butt naked. She was good with that, right, So she apparently she'd done all the Google search, watched all my movies ten times over. You know, I didn't know any of this, right, okay, all right? And then she asked me what my clothes size were shoes. I gave it to her. I ended up flying to LA and so I had somebody else with me. I had a female with me that I had met, young girl, and I go, hey, by the way, I got a friend with me, you know. I said, you know, can I bring it with me? And she's like, well, yeah, of course, you know, bring it with you really? I said, okay, cool, I can use it for like count surveillance, surveillance type stuff. Right, you can't make the shut up. So I show up and at the airport she got a limousine wait for us. We go to her where she lived very upscale. The apartments in this particular building she was living in. The low end was fifteen thousand dollars a month, the high end was seventy thousand dollars a month. It was all the rich and famous people living in it. Right, So we show up. She's waiting for me, all giddy and everything. And then and so, you know, we get settled in. I got my own apartment. She gives me apartment for fifteen thousand dollars a month, fully stocked with everything. Not only that, she bought all my clothes for me. I didn't know that all my under armor, everything's way laid out for me, you know, slippers and hike and shoes and the T shirt. I'm like, damn man, you know. And uh, And so I said, okay, So I told the girl I was with, I said, listen, I'm going to be really busy for a while. I said, so, you know, she was actually she was from not from the United States. And I said, look, I said, since you're here, enjoy the vacation. Go hang out in Hollywood. Just see the site, you know, don't mind me. I'm doing my thing. And so she was good. And so I end up, you know, telling the clients to listen. I'm here to protect you. I'm going to go over some security stuff, protocols, do's and don'ts, patterns of life, blah blah blah blah. You know, we even do some defensive tactics, you know. And so it goes pretty good, right, And little do I know, she's like fall in love with me. I didn't know that, and uh, and so it got kind of started getting really weird. Like we would go out for dinner every night, and she would spend fifteen hundred dollars every night on dinner. She ordered everything on the menu times ten. She's like, whatever you want times ten. You know, I'm like what. And then I'd be like, no, I'm gonna go stand over here by the door and pulled the case. She said, oh no, you're not, just said right here next to me. I said, yes, ma'am, you're paying the bills, all right. So it turned into that, and uh, and then it turned into like her sitting on my lap. He got really unprofessional after a while, and I'm trying to keep my professional distance, but she's making really really it's really really hard, man, you know. And so then I meet all her friends that live in this building. They're all billionaires, they're just they're just hardcore liberals. Right. So every day she never worked. She owned a company now, and then we would drive to the company, you know, and she check on things okay, and then we go back to her to where she stayed. But everybody would hang out on the bottom floor had the swimming pool, the bar, and it's the lounge area and and that's where we hung out every day, all day long for months, and she would order tons of food and pizza and this, and then all those guests, the residents would come down and we'd all be talking and no, they would be talking. I couldn't stand these assholes right there. You know. It was always a trump fashing session, right, it was always a Trump fashing session. And I get the hell out of here. And then they're like, you mean you were in the army, you were a veteran. Yeah, that's what they look like. Wow, you know, it's like I'm like a puppy, Like what that's what veterans looking because I've never met one before, right, And then they want to ask me some questions about the military, and I'd start to answer them and then it just cut me off. And then they start talking about. There's only four things they could talk about, wine, hotels, food, and other women's dress, how they dress. That was it. That was the four topics. That's all these people can talk about because that's all they know.
Speaker 1: Well, Dale, if any of your attractive billionaire female friends are interested in a veteran male content, you feel free to pass on my digits.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm here and I'm ready to work. I'm ready to work.
Speaker 4: Well, and he lives in Brooklyn and he went to Columbia so he can like he can fit into that that liberal.
Speaker 2: Well, I got a foot in both worlds.
Speaker 3: I can do it. Yeah, well, I'll tell you what man. It was. Uh, it was really frustrating because they couldn't talk about anything else because they didn't know anything else. I was literally like the first veteran they ever met. I might as well been a puppy, you know, Like I was like you look, that's what they look like, you know, and like what the fuck man? So? And like what the fuck man? So? You know, And and I would tell my client, you know, like look, you know, she would ask me a question from everybody, and I said, look, I don't talk politics. I'm not talking religion. Oh no, no, it's okay, it's okay. And I remember they asked me this question one time about homosexuals in the military, and I had an experience back in eighty second when I first went into nineteen eighty two with a gay guy that it was literally everybody got drunk. One night, he went into this one dude's room and gave him a blowjob while he was sleeping. The guy wakes up, loses his shit, you know, and and uh, we ended up with a big battalion, you know, hand to hand combat session. Everybody was fighting because we were the recon guys and they were you know, now we're the gay recon guys, and you know, it just got really crazy, right, And so I'm start to explain to her what the problem was, you know, with you know, with homosexuals, especially in the rank of infantry guys, with something like this happens, and uh, and I told her how we were literally combat effected, ineffected for over a month, and people would get an article fifteen all because of one guy. He literally pulls this guy's underwear down while he's sleeping. He's drunk, and he wakes up and he's getting a blowjob from this guy, and so they were like, oh the all of everybody was saying to go, oh, oh my god, that's so uncomfortable. I gotta I gotta go. I go. Yeah, you got to go because you want to hear the damp tooth. You know. It was always that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: These people just started making me sick. And then I kept asking my client, I go listen, how much long did you need me for? Because you know, we was tracking down the jewelry she was. There were some gangs out of Chicago. We were involved in this. There's it's gonna be when I write the story. It's pretty interesting who characters were. Some ofe were very famous, like damn, one of them was a billionaire, a British guy from London who's a billionaire. He sat on a bunch of boards. He was actually banging this hooker, his black chick, high end call girl. She she ended up working her way into this building, pass the background checks and ended up stealing all my client's jewelry on based on a on a lie which was tied to this billionaire. Basically, I go from being a bodyguard to the fixer, now to the investigator. You know. So I'm now sitting you know, I'm calling this guy up, going, hey, I need you to meet me at Starbucks tomorrow more at zero seven, you know, across town in La He meets me and I'm waiting for the guy and I'm playing you know, Jeff with him, and I'm like, hey, listen, my client's really really angry. We know that you know your girlfriend. No, no, it's not. I go, yeah, you were banging her, so it doesn't matter. She's your girlfriend. She used your name, stole on his jewelry, and my client's getting mad because she can't get it back. The police won't help her. So she's gonna go to La Times and tell the story, which is gonna include your name, right, And you're sitting on this big ass board right because I already know this from talking to some other very wealthy people. I said, this ain't gonna go well for you, you know, and he was really uncomfortable. I said, now, if I was you, what I would do is I would probably just give her the money. And so I no on disposed to were and be done with this little shit. Because you're married, you got two kids in the England, and I had I'm really freaking squirm in the seat, you know. And so he agreed. He's like, now you know what, you're right, You're right, you're right. Let me talk to my lawyer. And that's the smart thing to do, sir. So he leaves. By the time I got back to my client's apartment, he already talked to his lawyer, who talked to her lawyer. Basically, they painted this picture that I was a thug, right, you take your thuns over back, bah blah blah blah, and I go, good, that's exactly what I wanted to think, right, So it actually worked, right, And so they wanted to settle for two hundred and fift thousand dollars, and I knew she was not going to go for that. And she's like, no, not no, but hell no. I said, you probably ought to take the two fifty because you're not going to get the million. I said, this guy is going to jump on the next thing smoke and he's gonna be gone. You're not going to get him that billionaire. He didn't even steal it. But I said, you lost all your ability to leverage all this shit, you know. And she was stubborn, right, So she was worth millions and millions and millions of dollars. But this jewelry she had on she was wearing it for a jewelery basically at advertising. Anytime the jewelry leaves the jewelry store, it's no longer insured off the property. So it was stolen off the property of guess who's liable, right client. She's got a shit a million dollars for diamonds, So that was the problem. She didn't want it, you know. And then there's all this other stuff was involved with the trust fund and her family and how that's going to bode and this and that, you know, and so so finally, you know, we get We'll get through most of all of this, right, I realized nothing's going to happen. There was more. It had to do with Floyd Mayweather, had to do with Las Vegas fights and all kinds of crazy stuff happened there. This girl shows up in Las Vegas wearing all the diamonds. On top of that, I've got the FBI engaged and Ceia, I got, I got everybody, the Marshalls from California that sheicago to Las Vegas engaged to run this chick down man. And she was really cagy man really good and and beaten, beating the system man, all the traps that laid for she circumvented them and got away from it all. But finally I just told the client, I said, listen to how much long you need me for? You know? And she's I need you forever? I know, really how long you need? Said no, I need you forever. And I realized, shit, you know this is this is happening, man, And they got really bizarrow. You know, hey, I need you up in my room at two o'clock in the morn. I need to talk about something. Yes, ma'am on the way where yet I'm right here in the bed, no clothes on. I need to sit. I got to talk about something like, oh god, no, you know this is not you know, I'm thinking I'm not going to get paid if I keep doing this, you know. And finally, finally one day I just said, listen, I gotta go. I said, I got to move on. I said she wanted to get married. She fell in love with me. I'll be honest with you, any other guy, you know would have been a millionaire overnight. And she was really attractive, beautiful man, very smart, very personal. She had everything going for everything man, and uh, I guess with maturity and with age, you know, you get a little bit smarter, and I start thinking with his head and not the other head. And I realized that, you know, you know, I got other things I want to do with my life, and I don't want to mooch off of anybody else. I don't want her money. I don't want to be around her friends. I told, I said, three months will kill each other. I said, that's how it is. I said, it's all cool now, but pretty much, I said, won't stand me. I won't stand you because your friends. I said, So I'm going to leave tomorrow morning. And so in the morning, I show up to apartment and say goodbye. She got to Lemo waiting for me, and she begs me one more time. She goes, please go with me to uh She wanted me to go to h God damn it as a resort on the on the UH out in the desert. She goes, go with me, stay with and save me for the day and for the night. Tomorrow'll put you on a private jet and fly home. And you know, in the story, I'm like, for what I said, We're gonna go there and we're gonna do it like rabbits. And I said, tomorrow morn, I'm still getting on the airplane. Nothing's gonna change, you know. And I did. I walked away right there and I never looked back. And I have no regrets, you know whatsoever. But I got to tell you, any other guy would have jumped all over it. And maybe ten years ago or fifteen years ago, i'd have jumped all over it too, different circumstances. But uh, you know, sometimes you realize what's more important in life, and it's not always money. It's not other people's money, it's not even a beautiful woman. Sometimes you know, your own sovereignty, man, your own you know you that is all that matters your happiness, know and how you at?
Speaker 4: She that is your you know to you, dle, I think what you're telling us, you will never take the easy way, regardless.
Speaker 3: Of like you know, I could have and I didn't. I could have and I didn't. Man. Oh yeah, and she know she gave me so she's like, look, she goes, I need to hear another thirty days. Here's my BMW seven fifty l I. She gives me a brand new BMW seven fifty l I, and she turns around, buys a black one. She gives me the white one. She knows I liked him, you know, because it's yours, and I'm like, oh my god, man. So she just gives me this brand new BMW seven fifty l I. She's throwing it all at me, you know, fifteen hundred dollars dinner every night, you know, fifteen thousand dollars apartment. You know, it was amazing. I'll say this. She was a good girl. You know, she just got caught up in something. You know, she's lived her whole life a life of you know, the rich and famous, right, so she hasn't been exposed to streak thugs, you know, she hasn't been supposed to this kind of crime. And suddenly she became victimized by it. And then all of a sudden, she meets a guy like me, you know, that comes along that you know, I got this, and she's used to you know, the skinny guy jeans, you know, skin gene guy, and you know, and and these you know, beta males, and all of a sudden I come along and I'm actually not even interested other than doing my job. And that probably drove even crazier, you know. And so so that's how this whole thing started to spinning, spinning out of control. So so the bodyguard if I had, that was probably the only bodyguard work I actually enjoyed at a lot of friends benefits obviously, and it wasn't really like it was real and it was serious. I mean, I was I was packing, I was brought armor. I had talked to people in the Intel services. They all agreed. They said, listen, whatever that guy says, believe it, he will do it. Guy has no joke. He's a felon many times over. He was a gang leader. He got out and became a life coach, which was kind of funny, right because I'm actually a life coach. Now he's called himself a life coach, you know, but he's actually a Thugs tend to be a life coach, right, Yeah, Well, but he's dangerous.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's something that isn't really being reported on a lot in the news. But like that's a massive problem in LA right now, is that wealthy people are like they're being targeted coming out of stores like that. Like it's it's a serious problem in LA right now. That's not really being reported on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, and you know I was living with her. It was just for her. It was just you know, make driving her crazy. Man. She didn't know how to how to deal with any of this stuff, you know, and she's looking at me like help. Yeah, you know, I'm like ship, you know, what what am I going to do? Yeah? I can't even find these guys, you know. But the bodyguard work, you know, that was that's another story. It's coming out my book detail and uh, I have to protect the innocent, of course, you know, I'm not gonna mention her name or locations and shing like that. But all story, it's gonna be pretty cool. I get a lot of guys to contact me that are interested in doing bodyguard work, and uh, they want to know what it's like to get to that rule, how to get to that rule. And it looks sexy, you know, would be the bodyguard with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. I did it, but ten x. But it's it. That's Hollywood, man, and that's not the real world. Real world. It sucks. Yeah. People are dicks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, especially when you're coming from a special operations background, like you look down upon your judgment isn't trusted. You have to pretend your clients are funny when they or not. They're smart when they're dumb.
Speaker 1: I've talked to guys who've done like ep jobs for like Gulf State, you know, millionaires kids, billionaires kids like horror story I've done.
Speaker 4: I've done that too, and my advice is never never seek to be a bodyguard. Seek to be a person who needs bodyguards. Like being a bodyguard is like beings, like it's like being a bathroom attendant.
Speaker 3: Basically you yeah, you know, I'll tell you a quick story. To be in Paris. So I'm with this woman, right, her husband's Mexican chick. She's got this. I mean, she's just very eccentric. Man. She had a pink pept old bismal, pink phantom rolls Royce. Right, this was insane. Hundred carried diamond rings coming out of fucking you know, the hood ornament and ship, you know, like damn. But we were we were in Paris and uh, she and I. So she wanted to go shopping. So all her friends were gay guys, right, she hardly had I never saw around any women. I don't know, maybe the gay guys is a threatener. But anyway, so always shopping, you know, and they're eating lunch and they're doing this, and I'm standing at the bargo. Jesus Christ, can we leave now? And so I remember one day we're on the street corner and I called it for the limousine and she's facing the street, on the sidewalk, facing the street. I'm standing behind her about ten feet facing her, watching her back, looking for the vehicles coming. And I'm kind of just got a, you know, a tactical position there. And I noticed this guy's walking past me. He looked like he was maybe from Libya or something like that, and he's smoking a little cigarette. He's got these little beady eyes, like a little rat, you know. He's and he's looking back and he's eyeballing her purse. He had this big pink Louis Baton purse, right, fick ass thing man. And so she's holding and she went a fur. She's got diamonds all over. She's worth like ten million dollars to standing there, right, And so he's he's sizing her up. He's smoking a cigarette. He's walking back. It doesn't see me stand in the back, right, and I'm kind of standing and watching and he's going back and forth, back and forth, and finally I see he finally gets the nerve up. He's gonna rob her, right, and he throws a cigarette down. He starts to make the move, and then I stepped forward and he sees me, and I look at him and go right, and he looks at me and goes, oh, you know, like this, and he walks away, right, And I said, I don't say nothing to the clients. She has no idea this is going down, right, I just saved her ass, right, and the limousine shows up. We get in a vehicle. We drive back to the Four Seasons and get out and there's like six French dudes standing on the corner. Right. You know, they're all staying in the Four Seasons. You know you could tell their you know, guys got money and stuff. They're wearing their trench coach and they're talking to friend and they're talking about where're gonna go party or you know, whatever we're gonna do, right, and they're shooting the ship. The door opens up. She gets out. She's got legs to kill. She's wearing as mini skirt, you know, big as boobs, you know, and it's like she gets out and they're like, whoa, I did all dialing in on her. And I'm trying to get out of the vehicle on the other side. And so I'm coming around the corner. They don't see me yet and they're looking at her, and I can tell they're getting ready to say something to her. Right come under her, And here I go again around the back of the car. I'm like, don't fucking do it, man, you're gonna get me a truck. Don't do it. And they look at me like okay, okay, like whoo and we go inside and uh she stops me and she goes. She goes, did you see those men? Did you see the way to looking at me? She's pissing the moan of me because they're checking her out. I'm like, yeah, man, I said, yeah, but they didn't say nothing to you, right right, Yeah, yeah, they didn't do anything right, It just it'll checked you out, right. So she goes up to the room. I go to my room. Next thing, I get a phone call from the old man. Don't ever let anybody disrespect my wife like that again. I'm like, what, you know, what am I supposed to do? Beat the ship out of these dudes and checking her out, you know, you know, tell her to wear a burker next time I look at her, you know, right right, and uh, but it was that, it was always that kind of stuff, always that kind of This guy literally expected me to just beat the fuck out of people. They're looking at his wife, right and uh and and and I was actually the smallest of the bodyguard. I was six foot about two twenty, you know, pretty yoked man. That was about five percent body fat. And uh. And I was the smallest guy. All the guys were bigger than me. I hired them all. They all big dudes and have ball heads. There were tail phones, you know, just different colors of different nationalities. Yeah, and uh, but he really wanted that. He everywhere we went, he wanted us to be flectioning because we weren't. We weren't carrying weapons. And uh. And every time we would go to like he would his wife always want to go dancing. Right, he's an old dude. He didn't want to go dancing, but you know, he had to keep her happy. If he wanted to get those drawers, he better keep her happy. So we'd go to a bar and she'd be out to dance floor dancing. I'd have to stand on the dance floor next tour while she's freaking dancing keeping all the guys away from him because they all want to rub on her and shit, you know, and then they go over harassed the old man because there's a little Chinese guy, you know, and then I got to go over there and you know, interfere and get back, you know, you know, leave the boss alone. You know. It's like all dying long, you know, doing this kind of weird shit. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the worst, man, It's it's yeah, it's it's really bad. When they want to start ship with other people and you have to like interview because they're talking smack.
Speaker 3: She did that all the time, and she would actually start trouble with other women and men and look at you, like, do something, get in there. Yeah. Yeah. We were driving to the office one day and she was in her pick phantom, right and she was in front of me. I was in the fall of car. The road was really congested her. Her office was about one hundred meters down to the right. And so being the kind of the way she is, right, she just acts like he gets out of the car, grabs the purse and starts starts walking down the sidewalk, and uh, I'm like fuck, So I jump out of the car. I'm trying to keep up with her. And there's a guy leaning up against a light post right, just kind of lean up against looking at his phone, and she walks right up to her karate chops his arm check whom he fucking falls over, and she just walks right past him and he's like looking at her, like what the fuck? And I kept walking behind him. Go hey, I said, zy. He looked at me like, okay, I take youause. I don't want would be out there to the street fighting a guy because that's kind of shit she's doing all the time. You know. But I've done a lot of bodyguard work and it's always uh it's always an adventure, you know, and uh it requires wild maturity.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us the Singapore story?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay. So I'm writing a bunch of books, right. So, as I mentioned earlier, after I wrote American Badass, you know, I thought that was it. You know, the sun was setting all my my life, you know, all the cool stuff was over. But it actually just started. Man. You know, we talked about Yaming already la Hong Kong. So then what happened was, so here in Indonesia, my wife and own I own a security company, as I mentioned earlier, providing explosive detector dogs, troll attack dogs for all the venues and stuff around here. And uh so I ended up going to Singapore to meet another guy friend and he goes, hey, I want you to meet this guy. So I meet this guy. This guy is a he's in the in the shipping business, right, very wealthy guy, very wealthy in his forties. You know, he's from India, but you'd never know, you would. You would think he's American. Everything about him said American, right everything. So he's like, hey, man, I got this big ass German shepherd. You know, I bought it for my kids, you know. And he goes, I like to have him trained, very trained dogs. Would you be willing to come over and train my dog for me? I said, okay, you're playing. You know you're paying on playing. So so I ended up playing back and forth, going to Singapore the training guy's damn dog for him. He lived in Sintosa Island, which is like Hollywood. Guy was very wealthy rolls, Royce, Lamborghinis, you know, married, two kids, and uh and the dog, and so he wanted me come over and train the dog for him. So I'd go over there for like a week at a time, hang out, you know, in Singapore, go go to his house two three times a day. Spent about ten minutes training the dog. And then I was off on my own in Singapore, hanging out. How cool is that shit? And I was that quite a bit. Kept coming back and forth, kept coming back and forth. So one day I'm walking with him and his son. His son's like nine years old, his daughter's about twelve. His wife is Iranian. I thought she was actually Russian, but she was turned out she was Iranian. And uh, so he and I are walking and we're walking with the dog. We're going down to the to the harbor, and he goes, hey, man, he goes, you're still doing security stuff. I said yeah. He goes, I might need some help. Okay, what you need? So he tells me this story. Right, So he's got this Instagram account and he's he's he loves watches, right, So he's always showing off all his watches on Instagram. You know, millions of dollars worth the watches, and so one day apparently this hot chick on Instagram, you know, starts chatting him up. He starts chatting her up. You know, she's in another country, and but nonetheless, you know, they're chatting each other up. I'm sure there were dig pics and stuff floating around, but uh, it kind of escalated in this thing, you know. And so turns out over time, this chick on the other end is actually a dude, right, which is probably part of a syndicate. And this was a setup. And so now they've got you know, all these compromising text messages, pictures, things like that, you know, and so then they can't reach out to his wife and go, hey, you this is us. You're you know, your wife's your husband's been flirting with this woman on Instagram, you know, getting pretty out of hand. Blah blah blah. We have more information. We got an entire portfolio if you want to see it. But you know, you got to buy the plane tickets. We got to come to you, we got to hand it to you, you got to pay us. This is what the cost is going to be. Good. So you know, she's thinking, oh, yeah, my rich husband's eating on me, you know, and I'm gonna get his ass. So so she buys this guy's ticket. One guy. She meets him at the airport. The guy goes, gets his baggage out a baggage plane. He's got a knife in the bag. He pulls a knife out, puts in his pants, comes out in baggage plane. He meets her, puts a knife in her side, takes her over to ATM machine. She cleans out the ATM machine. She's wearing a multimillion dollar cardier with all kinds of diamonds on it. He said, I'll take that too, and all the money, and i'll take your cell phone. Eventually just robs her right there, right, So, so he leaves. She thinks he left, but he didn't. He actually stayed overnight in a hotel. Well, guess what. She didn't put a pass code on her phone, didn't put a pass coat on the phone. Come on, really, So he goes back to the room. He goes to her phone. He's got all the kid's phone numbers, husband's phone number, her husband's contacts, phone numbers, client's phone numbers, her phone numbers, alternate phone number. He's got everything everything on his phone, and he shoots her text messages tomorrow morning, meet me at this corner on this ATM machine, don't be late and be alone. She shows up again. Here we go again, samm ol rodeo like a knife in the side. Good ATM machine sets it out, takes forever else you can take offer and he disappears. So she still hasn't told anybody, you know, And so he goes. The other guy goes back. He's actually so he's Iranian, but he lives in Turkey, okay, with a network in Russia a lot, all right, So and I know all this for a reasons. So he goes back. He starts messaging the kids, send them video. He's holding a gun, he's holding a knife. You know, he's I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that. You know, he's threatening the kids, all right, And basically the old man goes what's going on? And finally the wife said, hey, this is what happened. They go to the police to check the camera. Sure, shit, it's all true, right, but they can't get this guy because he's in another country. They can't extra guide him when he comes back with the rest of the otherwise, no show and I said, you know, I said, you know what's happened, right, I said, this guy's right in your kids writing you. He's gonna call your clients, he's got compromising pictures. He said, this is not over. I said, he'll never come back because he knows the warn out for his arrest. But he's gonna send somebody else in his stead. You won't know who it is until it's too late. They're gonna threaten you. We're gonna want money, and if you don't do it, they're gonna hurt you, your kids. And so you fucked. And he knew it, right, and I knew it. I knew the play and and so he's like, can you help me? Yeah, of course, money though, but you know I'm doing this shit for free, you know. And uh, And so that turned into okay, a phased approach. I gotta be careful what I say. But he turned into a phase approach. I contacted a guy. He's a German, he's a he's a private investigator, he's got a military background. Good dude. I've actually been working with him since then on some other projects, and he was very well connected, very well connected. Told him what the problem was, told him, give Hi an idea who the guy was. We had that information off the Instagram. We had some other sources I was able to tap into. We knew who the guy was, we knew where he was. So now what we had to do is tap into local resources to P I d M track him down. We had him. We had we literally had h cameras from streetlight cameras of this guy in his car with his Mercedes and license plates to include he's wearing a damn watch he stole from the Life Cardier. You got it, So you know, it's like then you know, wow. And so anyway, so the mission was, all right, first of all, proof of concept, I show I'll show you that we can find him and we can get to them. But then you know, then there's the next part. Parts of this thing. You've gotta you gotta pay for everything, you know. But the first one just proof that we did it, we can do it. Second part is, you know, the deployment phase and then the employment phase. Execution I say execution, so employment phase, I say, right. So So anyways, that was it was a phase approach, right, and so basically it required the only way you're going to get to this guy is you got to get to this guy and and you got to get this guy with all the stuff, get it back and make sure that he never does anything like this again, because start figuring out he belonged to a bigger syndicate. There's a syndicate out there. There's lots of not that. This is what they do, Internet scams and they don't fuck around, man. They look they will fly around the world to complete their mission. Man, and they don't care. Man. So anyways, Uh, all that happened, Uh, the details will be in the book. I don't want to say too much because it could be misinterpreted. What actually happened, what didn't happen. Those are the kind of yeah, these are the kind of things that have happened to me. You know that here I am minded my business train of guy's dog. It's Singapore and next thing you know, I'm like, what going ahead to head with fucking Iranians. So you know, it's like wow. So anyways, uh, yeah, it never ends, man, it never ends. You know. I mentioned earlier story a story earlier as well that happened to Meter and Bali when I came back with the with the military and people trying to arrest me, and isis there's literally there was an ice to cell here. You know, they were I believe they were targeting me and my business partner. But uh, it's like it never ends. I told you my friend right earlier before this, Shoe Dean, he's uh he's making a movie in uh that movie a TV series in the Philippines. I think this is year number three. Called me five days ago, asked me if I could come to the Philippines. One helping with security he feels threatening, but two he wants me to have a major role on the show with him. And and the story is called it's called uh something in Paradise. Yeah, that's it with Dye or not Christian Kane, I mean Christian Kane and uh and so he's a d agent, you know, he's medically you know, discharged. He decides I'm gonna live in the Philippines and Paradise, just live on the beach, chasing, chasing Jason, women, having a good time, and all of a sudden he finds himself rolled up in this with the mob and the syndic kid and all this crime ship. And I'm like, you know what that sounds like? My damn story. You know, it's like it's it's the same damn story. You know, mind's a Bali man is in the Philippines, you know. But I don't look for this stuff. It just happens, you know, it just shows up. There's another story I didn't I didn't really delve into. And I was at Dubai. I was approached by an American who lost his visa. So what happens like in the Middle East is if you owe money to anybody there, banks, the government, you're in any kind of debt, what they will do is take your visas, strip you of your passport, so you can't leave the country. They call a velvet cage. You can't do anything. You can't walk, work, you can't leave. You get there until you pay your debt back. You know how you gonna pay your debt back. If you can't work, you can't leave. That's up to you to figure out. Otherwise you're not going nowhere. You're going to live in a hot box for the rest of your life. That's what it takes. So I had a guy approach me, American, interesting fella, former infantry guy, the black guy, and he just one day just said I'm gonna move to Dubai and open up an eighth fat company and a deep billing company and eleven Bravo infantry guy. And he does this, damn and he was wood than millions, right, and he was very successful, and then he got some medical issues with one of his kids. He owned the hospital a lot of money, and then twenty ten is when you know, they had to bust in the Middle East. Everything went under financially, right, So suddenly he found himself owing lots of money and he ain't got it and they scripped him of his passport. His wife and kids got out of country. He didn't make it out, so he'd already been there for like five years when he met me one day in a bar. I was going to get something to eat and I walk in. I'm wearing my yellow python cowboy boots and he noticed he recognized the boots. He recognizes me from social media, comes over to me. He goes, hey, are you you know Dale pop Stock you know? And I'm always like, why wants to know? You know? Okayer folk? Okay friend? So he's like, uh, you know, hey, follow you in the boots? Blah blah blah. I got this bullshit. You know, got talk. But he didn't tell me his dilemma yet, right, and he's we exchanged phone numbers. I go back to these A couple months later. He texted me and said, hey, man, are you coming back I said, yeah, I'm going to be back here soon, you know, because I like to meet. So we meet and he tells me a story. Right, he's been living there for five years, can't get out. He's like, can you get me out? So like, get me out of country. The problem is all the neighboring countries have laws of reciprocs, like cutter. You know, they'll turn you back in. Right, you can't get out. So there's only really one way out. You can do the long walk through the desert. Hope god you never get a compromised, but you still got to go somewhere, or you go via the ocean somewhere. And so I told him I could help him, but you know it's going to cost money. You know, I'm doing this on my pocket. And so there was a lot of a lot of issues with getting a guy out over the ocean. So I wouldn't need to be able to take him by boat at least five hundred miles. That means I need a big goddamn boat. They can hold a lot of fuel, right, which costs a lot of money. So it gets worse and worse and worse. Right, But I said, so, I finally convinced we got any buddies that need to get out too. I don't care if four nationals, you know, you got four or five guys, you know, guys all chip in and it'll be a lot easier to get out. I had a pretty good plan too, man, it was a really good plan. I had to do a lot of secret scroll stuff. Because one thing about the Emirates, if you go to Emmra, Dubai or Abadabi anywhere over there, you'll never see a cop. You'll never see a cop. They don't need cops, you know why, because they got one hell of an informant system. And it got CCTV camera everywhere, right, everybody is an informant. Everybody gets the blue chip if they rack out, and everything's on camera. So it's pretty damn secure over there. It's real secure, and you know somebody's watching. They're always watching. I show up one night, I go to the bar, and I'm there with a bunch of chicks and they're you know, and I got my book and also sing about thirty minutes later, this dude shows up to sit down next to me, goes, hey, how are you doing Dale? Who the hell are you? He goes, well, you know, I'm with the immigration on this and that and that and that. He goes, how about tomorrow you and I meet for lunch. Okay, It's like, you know, like, hey dude, I'm just trying to get some drawers and selling my book. You know. It's like, we'll talk tomorrow. Yeah, I'll see you. I'll see there. You know. Of course I remember we saw them. But they're good, man, They're really good. So everything I had to do over there had to be under the radar, you know, and I'm always got to be super super careful. So anyways, that turned into you know, safe houses, rat lines, you got issues with international waters, passports, leaving the leaving the docks. You know. I had a good plan, though, I had a really good plan. Ball jet skis so but anyways, that was another one of my little uh adventures. Again. Here I am just minding my business in the bar, trying to get a drink. Maybe I was some nookie somewhere and this guy wants to freak to help me escape from the country. Now I talked to my lawyer. I go, hey, I said, what do you think about this? He goes, what would you call this if I did this? He goes, human trafficking. I said, okay, got it, forget I said anything, all right? So I kept them out of the conversation after, like, we're not having this conversation human trafficking what so? Yeah, but I guess he's right. I guess that would be human trafficking.
Speaker 2: Let's let's hit up some user questions here, Dave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for people who are watching Dale, if they want to contact you, uh to procure your service as a security consultant or concubine or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: I won't say human trafficker. Where where can they find you?
Speaker 3: So I'm mostly on Instagram now Official American Badass Bill Comstock. I'm getting really getting far away from Facebook. I'm still on there. I got she got banned. I got banned from LinkedIn and from Twitter, all right, you know, for stating an opinion that of course you know how that all works. So they didn't like it because it's me, But they actually gave me my Twitter account back yesterday and LinkedIn. I'm still working on that, but uh and I only use those anyways. That's nother story. So you can find me on Twitter now, maybe LinkedIn you try to get it read of State today, but for sure Instagram, Facebook. I have a website deal comstock dot com. You can go through that. You can reach out email me through there. My email address is American Badass at del comstock dot com. Pretty easily, remember American bad at deal compt dot dot com. They can reach me there as well. Those are the main ways to catch up.
Speaker 2: I'm not hard to find, and people can like you're you'd like you.
Speaker 4: I know you're working on numerous books right now and and honestly, thank god you're immortal because you know it'll take time to write all those stories. But but for your first book, people can they can read American Badass. It's available on Amazon, is available anyway if people buy.
Speaker 3: Books Amazon dot com. Yeah, And it's.
Speaker 4: Interesting because you know, you talk about building these improvised explosive devices for you know, when you're working with UEE, and you know what a lot of people don't understand who haven't been in the military. Or haven't been in that situation. Is that explosives in breaching is it's it's its own very specific field. And when you were in Delta, you were the breacher in Panama for the h the American hostage Cruise, like you breached the cell there, which you know, after years and years of combat in Afghanistan and Iraq and whatever like, Panama is such it's such a forgotten event, but at a point in time it was one of the primary combat events that had happened in US, you know, in US history of that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, and you're right, it's uh, you know, it was well executed, well planned, well executed. You know, we didn't take any casualties of the of the assault team that went in. It was twenty three or twenty six of US total. We had to we had w I as we got helicopters get shot down, but nobody was k I eight and we completed the mission. We we you know, we saved Kurt Muse. We plucked them out of the jaws of death man literally And it's an amazing story when you read it, you know, it's when you when you know all the details that went into that, things that could have went bad, you know, like my little my little faux pa there at the door. You know, I fixed it though, and uh he's alive, so it's all worked out. But uh yeah, you know, I look at you know, I look at that. I looked at my whole military career. So you know, I started out in the eighty second Airborne Division, Infantry long range scout. Four year mark. Had made a decision do I want to stay in, do I want to get out? Decide to go for the Gusto. I'm going to try out for Delta, which was almost statistically impossible for me to succeed, but I did at the age of twenty three, youngest guy ever I average age thirty three. Next thing you know, I'm there ten years. I go to the q COR. While I'm there, I've become a light and heavy weapons guy, and I'm going to a third special Forces group, became a team swartant. I had seen combat every combat evant since nineteen age three Grenada right up to the President. In fact, I've been to all of them, with the exception of Bosnia. That's the only one I didn't participate in because I was in that transition retiring out of the military. But I don't feel like I really missed anything either. But I've been in every conflict since that time up to the very president to include Yemen. But I went from you know, I thought, okay, going to Delta. That's you know, I remember, guys should say that's the final frontier in the military. That is the pinnacle. You know, everybody look seals, Delta Forces isn't trying to be a seal. But we've got seals. They're trying not to be Delta. You know, everybody wants to be at the pinnacle. That's Delta. And so I thought, you know, man, I reached the pinnacle at the age of twenty three. Then I get out, and then I get recruited by the Alphabet company, and uh, you know, as you know, you know, Dave, it's not an easy right to all that. The vetting process, the you know, the polygraph testing, the background checks, there's a lot that goes into that in a super high attrition rate, probably higher than the unit. And so but here we are, right made it. And so then I thought, well, doesn't I thought Delta was a final frontier. I guess this is the final frontier, or is it? And then I get approached with this whole other thing that's mercenary work. And then I realized, no, that's actually the final frontier because now I'm going down range with the same weapons al Qaeda has. I'm I'm literally sewing like a grandma. I'm sew on my fricking equipment, trying to make shit the fight with, right, I'm improvising everything I got, and I'm gonna go in a street fight with that bad guys no better equipped than they are, right, And the only thing that's gonna win the day is my skills of self versus their skill set, right. And so to me, that was the ultimate. Ultimately, that was being that's the ultimate warrior right there, When you can go to combat and you don't have big army behind you and support you, you don't have close air support, you have a medic to drag your ass off a battlefield, it's just you and them, and it comes really comes down to your your training and your mindset and your warrior spirit. When it comes to that and you walk away and you're still got your arm's legs, you know it's a win. And to me, that was the ultimate. So I feel like I've gone the entire gamut, you know, the entire spectrum of warfare as a warrior, you know from you know, basically iftry guide to mercenary and everything in between. And it's never enough. It's never enough. So I sit here and I asked myself, if somebody were to come here right now and go, have got an opportunity for you to be interested? There's a pretty good chance. I'll say two things. How much? And when do I leave? Right? You know, you know that's the truth. You know, it's in you. It's in the blood. Man. Once it's in there, it's in there, you can't you know, you always go back for another drink at the well until you're falling the well and can't get back out. You know.
Speaker 4: It's funny too, And this is getting to the questions that people ask. But uh something as somebody said us an email earlier, and uh on our patreon and join our patreon if you're not a member, why aren't you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: But but somebody's writing d and you know you're talking about you know, always reaching that top and then going out and you know, sort of being this consummate warrior even when you're fine without all the US support, without the aircraft without all this. And somebody wrote and said, there's an old Team House episode where if you're asked the guys, they asked Jack, Jack and I for the twelve people they would want on their ODA or their team in combat, and Day said he would take himself into Elevendale comstocks, you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm better start reproducing them.
Speaker 4: But but you know, like we've known each other for a long time and you've always been that, you know, you have been that, you know, sort of Costca Eternal Warrior, the guy that was that was bred for war. And you know, we interview a lot of you know, whenever youw people who were like Mac the sag and then went to Rhodesia and like that is you. You're the modern equivalent.
Speaker 1: Of guys still getting after it as they're pushing seventy. You know, we know some of those dudes, you know, you know the man bred for War.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you know, you're right, and I do know some of those guys you probably know the same guys talk about you know that they're actually also my inspiration when I see these guys, like Jesus, you're seventy eight years old and you're still out there kicking ass. You know, what what they have done is they've they've broken paradigms for me because we all believed, we all are inculcated as mindset. You know, we only have so much, so much utility, so much shelf life, you know, when in fact, we we can fight. Look, man, some of the best warriors are the oldest warriors of the planet. Man. You know, you know you got you got everything. You've got experience, your arnr. You know, you freaking don't take a lot of shit no more. And uh you've gotten past all the fear and stuff, you know, And it's always been a part of who I am growing up. You know, my dad was in the army for twenty years. I grew up mostly in Germany, the bases over there, and I remember the all we did as the boys. You know, we would go out with our baby guns and our dad's army equipment and helmets and k pot and low bearing equipment and play army. We day, shoot each other's BB guns and shit, you know, and uh, hand to hand combat. We played war. And that's what I was brought up, and it was playing war. I was. I was in the go gee already when I was a little kid man, you know, and it just seemed like a natural fit. Because when my dad retired, you know, we re tired out of Fort Wachwok Arizona. We moved to San Francisco. We moved to San Francisco. I mean, how how cool is that? Right? So, and I go to San Francisco and I'm like a fish out of water and go, holy shit. You know, these kids are not like the people I'm growing up around. You know, It's a totally different culture. And I couldn't wait to go back. I couldn't wait until I was of age and I could, I was able to go to the recruiter, and so as soon as I was old enough, I went down and signed the papers and put me in coach. I couldn't wait to go back because the military culture is like no culture in the world. Unfortunately, we live in a society now where they're trying to dilute it. They're trying to water it down there. It's all this political correct this crap is setting in. It's a different army. I'm starting to see it, you know, and and uh, it's not the one I grew up in. And we'll see how that works. Out force in the future. But something to it ain't gonna work out well. But that's the mindset I was raised in. You know. I was always a warrior. I was always a fighter. Even my parents. You know, my parents were like turning the other cheek and walk away, the like kick his ass. If you'll kick his ass, don't come on, I'm gonna kick your ass. You know. That was my parents, man. You know. They they were warriors too. My mom and my dad pit pools and expected me to fight and if you got hurt, tough shit to come home or hurt you again.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So that's how I was raised. And guess what, I'm not a bad guy. I have no criminal record, zero you can check it out, said nothing. I've never done nothing wrong. I don't even have speeding ticket. Okay, I'm a good dude. But I do. What I do is I do for for righteousness, at least what I think is right. You know I stand for I stand to fight for the week. I stand for fighting for people that are the innercatey. You know, That's what I'm here for. And the world needs guys like me, especially our country. They need us, you know, they need us. You know and whether they like it or not, they need us, you know. And so I'm proud of that, and I have no regrets. It's made me who I am. I've learned a lot of lessons. I'm not perfect, made a lot of mistakes, but I continue to grow, continue to evolve. And even though I said earlier I'm fifty nine years old, I don't feel like I'm fifty nine. I'll stump the shit out of any twenty nine year old out there man all day long. You know, I can still shoot, I can still fight, I can still do everything I did before because I choose to think that way, you know, I choose to think that way, and I'll always be aware. I kind of like paradise right now. But you know what, like I said, my walk at that door, go hey, compas, I got to deal with it. How much? And when do we leave?
Speaker 2: Let's let's roll into some viewer questions.
Speaker 4: So Putty you one, thank you very much. Can you talk about the funniest experience unlesson learn from Gary O'Neil.
Speaker 3: Repeat that again, The funnest experience.
Speaker 4: The funniest, Yeah, the funniest experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I met Gary O'Neil in nineteen eighty two out of Camp McCall. Now, back then he was a stud black hair. You know, guy was a freaking machine man and he still is. Man. I love Gary Man, He's a good dude. Didn't know anything about him. My hope for too, my lurk for two. Went out to Camp McCall to the steer course and it was cold. I remember, it's like November, and we went in a bear pit every morning. Do you hand to hand combat? Right? So you remember, you know the sawdust pit, you know, especially when it's cold and it's wet, it's like freaking concrete. Right. So, but we're out there and we're standing in the circle in our patrol caps stuff, you know, young guys. And then Gary comes out and he's the instructor for the combat exportion. We don't know anything about this guy. And then we start hearing the stories. Right, guy walked with seventy seven ambushes, you know, Vietnam r this that that Dad solendid to take out. You know, he's the expert with the knife and he's been taking dudes out all his life. And I'm like, whoa, what the fuck? Right? And then uh, and then he starts going into the mind over matter stuff, right, and uh like okay, So he has a bucket of water out there, a couple bucks of water with a rope tied to it, and he's got bicycle spokes, and he starts with taking one of the bicycle spokes, and he pulls his skin out of his neck and he jabs the bicycle spoke to his neck, right, and then he picks up the rope in the bucket with water, looks around the thing. He lifts it up and his neck's all stretched out and he's going around circles to spend the bucket and We're like, holy shit, right, and then he stops. He puts spokes through his arms, right, and he lifts up the buckets again and he's swinging them around right, and I'm like, We're like, this is some masochistic shit right here. Right. Then he lays down and he has a dude drive over with a quarter time jeep over his belly. He gets up and goes say, I don't mind, it don't matter, right. I was like Jesus Christ, right, because I'm gonna teach you how to fight and how to win and how to kill, you know, And I was in awe. Man. I was like, Wow, Wow, this guy is like a real life superhero man, you know, I just saw it. And so right then and there, Gary O'Neill became my military mentor. For the rest of my life. I have modeled myself as a soldier after him. No shit, I read the books, right, I'm like, this, dude, that's what I want to be. Like, I want to be that guy, you know. And so I followed Gary over the years, you know, got out, he started bouncing. I've heard all the stories. You know, he was hanging around Jim West smoking. He's a good friend of mine, you know. And then there was a Kachanas and all those guys. You know, I heard all the stories and stuff. I thought, man, that's why, that's why I want to be a soldier to guys like that. That's the kind of I want to be that guy. You know. It reminds me when I went to Third Group one time to start a major fan start Major calls me his office, just met him, and he's he's like, Compstock, let me ask you a questions. He goes, what's wrong with Rambo? So Rambo, you know, helps from ramble. I thought about it. I go I don't know nothing, because that's right, there's nothing wrong with Rambo. He goes, why can't we feel more like Rambo? And I'm like, yeah, yeah, hard, yeah, like what I'm talking about. You know, why why are we going to be the little gentleman warriors fust ride right and let's let's be fucking Rambo. He goes, there's nothing wrong with Rambo. He goes, I want you to train all my odias and combat hand combat, and uh, I'm right on, so I can. So I did you know I started running all the hand to hand training for a third Special Force. I was running uh eight teams through my training every two weeks, another team every morning on my own time, zero five hundred to seven hundred in the morning. I was going in on my own time training odas and combatis you know, wrote the manual all the ship. But so I look at Gary O'Neal right, it's always been my mentor. You know, we've we've crossed paths here and there, We've done some interviews together. And what was interesting is when I wrote my book American Badass, I did not know that he was actually writing American Warrior at the same time, at the same time, American Warrior, American badass. I go, man, that is so cool. He's my mentor. He is the American Warrior. You know, I'm just a dumb ass badass. It'll follow him, you know. And so I'm American Bass, the American Warrior. And I just thought that was really kind of cool that, uh, you know, my mentor is writing the book also, you know. And I'm able to write a book because of his mentorship of what he showed me in the life. You know, he molded me as a warrior, as a soldier. Now, I've got a lot of mentors. My father was my mentor, big time, my number one mentor, my grandfather, you know, Jim Smoky West was actually one of my mentors for martial arts. I mean, this guy is this guy taught me how to fuck it, how to really fight. Yeah, you know, you guys know, you know we've had him on and yeah, you know he's actually one of my mentors as well, right, and then Gary O'Neil. So I've got different mentors for different parts of my life. But I'm the amalgamation of all of those guys, the good in the bad, and that's who I am. And so you know hopefully now you know, I am now a mentor for many out there. I do have a lot of young men that follow me. I have a lot of coaching clients that come to me and go, hey, I want to learn, man, you know, I want to run the mindset, you know. And so I teach him how to think now, what to think, how to think right? And that's what made all the difference is, you know, this way of thinking that Gary has, you know, and Jim has, and you know, my father has, and my grandfather has. There's certain people in this world that have shaped the way I think. And it's because of that I am who I am today.
Speaker 4: Uh, Chris Rowlson, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Dale.
Speaker 4: Do you think you would have whipped ten, says Mancy had that fight not been shut down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hell yeah all day long. Man. It's funny you said that. Bring that up because not too many people know about that. So it was nineteen I'm gonna say, like nineteen eighty eight, eighty nine, something like that. I can't remember now. So I fought the first valley tudo match in the United States in Richmond, Virginia. Valley tuto is Portuguese. Fore anything goes UFC was just coming out. I got you know, I had an opportunity to fight this valetudo match, so I went to Richmond. It was three five minute rounds. It a sanctioned street fight. There were no rules. I broke both my hands, jacked up the other guy put him in a sea collar, and then I ended up in Richmond, Virginia, and I was invited to go up there. I think it was Frank Cucci. He had a school up there. He's he hosts this fight. I was invited to come up and fight Schimansky, who was at the time one of the Blue Team commanders, right, and apparently he was the collegiate level wrestler, you know, all American bubble law, and uh, they wanted me to fight him, so they wanted they come. You know, they freight couched it, as you know, Navy Seal versus Delta Force Battle of the Elite, right, So so I go up there. Actually the unit Sargeant major went up there also to watch the fight because we already had some beer bets going because up to this point, I don't know if you've ever heard of the CT Olympics, but it's an event that happens usually like in Austria, they invite all the all the SWAT teams counter Terris teams to come and compete, right, and uh it's usually seventy five hundred teams. We would fill the team every year. We actually had to try out for this team as five guys and two spares. Uh you know, dev group was send their team, and we would beat everybody's ass, even the seals in the water. We outswam them, outshot them. We always took number of the top five positions, always right. And so their starry mayor would have to keep giving my Sergeant major a keg of beer. There was always a beer bet and some shit like that. So they're like, okay, let these two guys fight Battle of the Elite, you know, fight for another keg of beer. So I'm gonna go win another cake of beer for my star major. And so we show up in the morning and uh, you know, get all the work up with the doctor the pre checks. I think, if I'm good to go, we'll come back that night. I'm gonna kick his ass to my agenda. And so when I get I show up, they're like, uh, hey, the shield got d q's And I'm like, why he got herpes. I know what that man he goes well, you know if he sports some purpes juice, you know, I have all you go blind and sue everybody like really what? Okay? So okay? And so they had me fight the West Virginia Tough Man champion, and uh I made short work of that guy. We can took him out pretty fast. But so I never got a chance to fight him. But could I have beat him? Hell yeah, I'm a fighter, man, I'm pretty damn good. One thing I got that most guys don't have is I got heart, man, I got big loans, and I got a lot of endurans. Man, you beat the shit out of me for hours. Eventually you're gonna wear yourself out and that's gonna beat you up. You know. But I think I could have beat him, No doubt I could have beat him. I know I could have beat him. You know, say to you guys, he kicked my ass. Man. Only guy kicked my ass is Jim West. Yeah. Oh that guy scares me.
Speaker 1: Man, I've been thrown across the room by him a few times. I'm kind of test Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't think you know, like I don't think that people who you know, who don't know Smokey understand just what and not even just like how tough he is, but what a skilled fighter he is, Like they don't understand what that actually means.
Speaker 1: He's a skilled fighter. I'd go further than that. I've told him this before. He is a skilled instructor. He's one of the best instructors I've ever met in my life. And and that's where he's real. Like, yes, he can kick your ass, we all know that, but his real strength, I think is an instruction. I mean he's phenomenally good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely. Man. The first time I went to him, so my son, God man, he's thirty four now, but when he was four, he was all in the ninja turtles, right, he was out doing karate chops in the front yard and I said, Jamie said, you want to learn karate ninja turtles? Y yea yeah yeah? And so I end up taking up to YMCA. Okay, that was a joke, rise a daycare and we're not getting nothing out of this. I get on the phone with a friend of mine, Bart Bart Wiggins, he's friends with Smoky. Oh yeah, I go, dude, I said, dude, you got any recommendation because yes, man, he goes, you need to go see this guy smoky Dad. Just go there right now, right, he said, you won't regret it. I said, okay. So I go over there with my kid. I walk in and there's all these boys out, my son's agent. They got these padded baseball bats, and I have to beat the shit out of you. Dare going for it, you know, you know, like a fucking ball. And so Jim's like, hey, weal come in. He goes, hey, go out there and fight, you know, And my son goes out there, grabs one. He's getting it on, you know, and he's smiling, he's happy. You know. My kid comes out and said you like that. He goes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I want to do it. Yeah yeah yeah. So that's how we actually got started. And I told my son, I said, listen, man, I said, here's the deal. I said, if you start, you have to finish. What is finishing me means you gotta have a black belt. You gotta win a black belt, you can't quit. You're great, yes, And I thought, well, why don't I just do it with him right somebody here. So that's when I got involved. Right. So now it's me and Jane, my son fighting with Smokey right, training with him. And there was under a girl named Susan may Ran and Julie, I mean Julia Mayran. She was pretty bad ass, man, she's she stayed in there. She was one of his other black belts and she would take a beating and just kept coming back for more. Man, she was amazing. But you know, I so we trained with Jim and by the time my kid was seven, he got his first three black belt to Jim and Jim, Look, you don't do karates and kadas and uh forms for your black belt, you know. Yeah, yeah, good boy, here's your belt. No, what we were doing is we were literally going to karate clubs like in Virginia, closing the doors, went there with their master and his students that he wanted to promote, and we go in the back room. It was a sanctioned street fight, me, my son and my daughter back there kicking ass, a real street fight. No, barn, this is a fight, you know, and whoever wins gets their belt, you know. And we did that all day long, which was like cool, watching my son who's seven, watching my daughter who is nine and a half, they're out there freaking throwing stubs, man beating the ship out of each other, man freaking bare enough of going around, you know, and they're earning their belt. I go, That's what I signed up for. And nobody that I know of did that except for Jim West. Yeah, you know, And so so I learned from him. You know, the guy has taught me a lot. Can't take nothing from him. I've got a lot of experience, you know, because of him in my own experiences now. But yeah, if you want to learn how to fight, Jim West is the guy to go to.
Speaker 2: Man, let's keep going through these questions here, Alex Ben, thank you.
Speaker 3: Dale.
Speaker 4: You started up quite a few successful security companies. What are the processes starting a successful security company and keeping it good without a race to the bottom outfit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, so my first company I started was in right after nine to eleven, actually prior to nine eleven, seven months fior nine to eleven. I started coming from global security consultants. I started getting the nuclear security to know anying about nuclear security. Had no idea what I was doing, but I went to a security conference for the NRC. I said, hey, you guys, it's me I'm here for nuclear security. If you ever need some help, call me, right. They all were scared of me and my partner. We looked scary. We had to ru him over to our table with a little shiny things, go hey, I give it a little night. Come over here and let me talk to you, you know, and do your business. Car well. Then nine to eleven happened, and that's when this call started. Hey, we need to talk to you, blah blah blah. And that's how I got into the business. It was very successful. Two thousand and four, we sold our company at G four s wacken Hunt. Now what does the take So I made a mistake. We've made the mistake of selling the company two thousand and four. Why because we thought it's going to die off security and you know it's always overhead and move man have been more wrong. Ever. Triple Canopy was started after my company. There's a long story behind that, but basically, when of the guys played the owner played rise my website. I met the guy I know the guy personally in beast Water and all of a sudden, boom, you know, I got a competitor. But they still couldn't get in the Nwukele industry. Blackwater was competing with my company. They were just getting started again. I was keeping them outside of the new co security industry. I owned all that and then I sold the company to think I got to get rid of it, you know, make money, and then it never went away. So I ended up reincorporating again something called Risk Control Institute. I sold at twenty eleven, and then I've been doing that ever since. I you know, I've got my company here teaching how comes Indonesia. I have a company called Teaching out from Florida. I have cheer One Performance Coaching. So these are small enterprises. You know, some of them are dealing with security. What's important is and this is where everybody makes a mistake, they become discouraged. You've got to have a dream. You got to you gotta have You have to imagine what you want, what it looks like, every every nuance about a company, you have to sense it in here and out. And that sounds kind of crazy, but it actually ties into what I teach, which is autogenic conditioning and future pacing. So this company I have here in Volley, I imagined it a long time ago and I saw okay, I knew I'm the only guy to know anything about training canine, the only guy. So suddenly my wife, who doesn't know how to turn our computer, didn't know how to turn our computer five years ago, now run the MacBook grow because I trained her. I taught her how to use excels Fleech, she's I taught her about HR. I taught her, Okay, we need licensing. Okay, what do we gotta do is let her manage that. Oh we need people, Okay, we need to train people. We need to find dogs. We got to train dogs. So what I did is a train the trainer program. I started with my wife. Then I hired a field supervisor, and then I hired trainers, and I trained the trainers to train the trainers to train the handles, train the dogs. And then they started to grow in virgin blossom to the point where I don't do anything. My wife runs an entire company, every aspect of it, licensing, payroll, HR, training, She trains the dog, she trains the handlers, She does, you know, a lot of the business interactions and networking things like that. So it has. But it started with a dream. The dream was I would love to live in Bali paradise right where I have my own business and I get to take my dogs. That if I love my pets and make money off of them and to train them, how cool is that? It's not really a job. And so I imagined everything I have and it became a reality because because Albert Einstein said, not just Albert Einstein, but Nicola Tesla and many other physicses, success is based on frequency. It's not philosophy, it's physics. It's physics. And this is the key. It's not about willpower. It has shit to do with willpower, has shipped to do with philosophy. It's only going to get you so far. Will gets you over. The finish line is imagining where you want to be and the life that you want to live. I'm actually living that life. No, I'm not rich. I don't want to be rich. That's not my objective. My objective is be happy to experience all the things I want to experience. And I live in Bali, and I live in the Philippines, and I live in Florida. How cool is that? And I make my own hours, and you know I'm coming to seven'clock this morning. Do a call with you guys? You know, it's the dream, it's the imagination, and you it's physics. It's literally physics. It's always physics. That's another area, you know. I can't go into that now, but it has to do with frequency, it has to do with your nervous system, it has to do with metaphysics. There's a lot more to go into this, but all my successes, everything I've ever done in my life had nothing to do with willpower and had everything to do with imagination. Right, So, if you want to start a security company, start with the dream. What's it going to look like? What do you want to look like? What do you want it to feel like? How do you want to live it? You start with that, then you invoke the next thing is called the law of action. You have to do something. Start doing the research as I did, Start training the trainers, my wife started building it. All of a sudden, I'm one man. I'm a one man army, and I got sixty five employees, I got forty five trained canines, I got a corporation here with a lot of assets and kick an ass. Right, it started with it. It started with a dream, right, start.
Speaker 4: Alejandra, thank you very much. The same question I asked Paul, how what do you think is the best and most effective piece of protective equipment and kit a team guy can wear? And why is it the mustache? Thanks for coming on me.
Speaker 3: This has got thirty three kills. My friend.
Speaker 4: R two D think, uh, did you want to find that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Actually, actually I do have an answer to that. Body armour. All right. So when I was in the unit, all we wore was all we wore was body armor, was no plates, level three eight, right, and and everybody just were the best except for me. I actually wore the collar, I wore the plates, and I were the growing protect all the time, and people thought I was being a pussy go no. And I had a conversation with Pete Labor, who was my TRUP commander at the time he wrote the book Mission Men, and me, Yeah, we're having this conversation about body armor, and his attitude was, look, I want to be light, you know, and be able to move fast. And I'm like, yeah, I want to be able to take a lot of hits and just keep on moving nice and slow, methodically and take them out right. So it was it was a you know, we're opposing you know, uh, you know, posing positions on body armor. Most guys didn't want to even have to wear it, but they had to wear it, so they wore as little as they needed. So then then Mogadishu happens, right, and freaking dudes were getting killed. Like the protect helmet, Okay, I always wore the kevlar helmet. I got pictures of me in the whole unit. Everybody wear a protect except me. I'm wearing kevlar, right. Everybody thought I was just a pussy til Mogadishu happened. Then they couldn't find enough keV of our helmets. They couldn't scrap on enough armor, They couldn't reinforce their body armor, they couldn't didn't have it. I'm good for me, and I'll fight the war by myself, right, And so to me, that's always and I not watched it go down in Afghanistan. Right, So guys are going out humping the mountains and stuff, and all the carrier is a plate carrier, right, They're going right, just the plate carrier, and like, why wow, here's the weight, you know. And I'm like, dude, everybody, every fob's got a gym. Now get your ass in there and go to work people, working out until you can carry it all that weight and it doesn't affect you. I always wore full armor, full plate, full protection, always, always, I don't care how high up the mountain I'm going to go. I always wore and if and if I was a weakling, I make sure I got into that gym and kept walking out until I can maintain it. And I always carried armor. To me, it's the most important thing you can carry beside your weapon, is your armor. I know a lot of guys are alive today because they were wearing armor. They were taking hits. They were taking hits right into the plate, do their best, you know, and they were surviving it. So to me, that's the most important equipment you could carry. His body armor. Give yourself a chance, you know, if it's too heavy, if you're asking the gym all right, work out all right, build up to it. That body armor eventually will become a part of your body. You won't even know you're wearing it. You want, you know, it's like my backpack. I carry a backpack around thirty five pounds every day. It's my man person to be carring it forever, and I get used to it. It doesn't even bother me the way it carried all day long. You know everybody else would be sniveling about it. But you know, if you do something long enough, your body will adapt to it. And so my answer is armor, where your armor, wear all your armor. Okay, so don't take no shortcuts, just like you take a short cut with your weapons. Right yeah, yeah, absolutely, dude, plate stop stop many otherwise they're not doing any good.
Speaker 4: Uh R two d Thank you very much, Thank you, team House, love your work. Another phenomenal interview. Well that's because we have a phenomenal guest. Thanks Alejandra. Thanks again. With all these things you've done in the private sector, how much do you think a giraffe would sell for on the open market? When he says over market, I think it means black market.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And he says, hope you can come back, and definitely when you're next, when your next book Popstale, we want you. The giraffe is a bit of an inside joke. But if you had the wage or what a giraffe goes for on the black market, what do you think they.
Speaker 3: A giraffe? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me on that way. I have no If you have.
Speaker 4: What well Dale, Like, what what if you showed up to one of her clients and they said, Hey, you know, I'm trying to get rid of this illegal zoo. The last thing I had. This is just a giraffe full got you live in Bali? Would you buy it? How much would you pay for a giraffe?
Speaker 3: What am I gonna do with it? I don't. Hey, they do have zoos here and they actually do have uh right, you and Bali have the Baldi Zoo and they have all kinds of elephants and tigers and ship like that stuff you would find Indonesia. I don't know, like to find a giraffe here, but you know we probably add a giraffe a couple of bucks.
Speaker 1: I think I think Uh it was J. T. Patton who had that. It was yeah, and I think I think he said it was like it was like thirty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I can't remember, but yeah, Uhman group of LLC. That's Clint, Clint Sportman, thank you very much for the Dominate donation. I think that's Clint.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Did you ever get a chance to meet or train with Carlos the story before before where he passed?
Speaker 3: I don't think. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: That's where we all met Clint. He was a big World War two oss fairbar Psyche.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we'll have to introduce Dale to Clint the next time. Yeah, for sure in the end of the City Jungle.
Speaker 4: Jim Scott, thank you very much for your donation. We deeply appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And that's that's that's this man, Dale, thank you so much for doing this interview, waking up early out.
Speaker 2: There in Indonesia to do this. This has been phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's really fun to catch up with you again, talk some more about some of these wild adventures that you get into.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking forward to the books.
Speaker 1: You said that the tentative title for the next book about your adventures and misadventage adventures is Running the razors Edge.
Speaker 2: You're still working on it though, working on a few other projects as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When when you when you get some of these to publication, let us know, we'd love to talk some more.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What I'm gonna do is I've thought about what I'm gonna do is make them all ebooks easier to copyright it and send it out right, and then if for somebody that wants a hard copy then I have a source I can go to that can actually print right for someone that wants a hard copy. But I'm gonna kind of because I actually sell most of the e books on Amazon, even my book, most people just were you know, pdf copies of itself, kind of the way everybody's going now and day. So but for those that wanted for nostalgia purposes or in an autograph, I'll make hard copies as well. But it's been on my agenda. It just seems like every day I get ready to now start writing again, something pops up, you know, another to do things. It's all good though, It's all in the right direction. But I'll have it soon. I'm excited about getting it out. I'm excited about getting all the books out. I think that once I'm finished with the details, and uh, I think I think some of them have potential to maybe be a movie, you know, or could could go down that roadie you know, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dale, I recently someone was talking about how this could make a great movie, and I recently I volunteered myself to play a young Dale comstock acid dampit era.
Speaker 4: We need to get him a suit though.
Speaker 1: Back in eighty nine, like Dale was kind of like not quite my size, but he wasn't quite Dale size today either, So I think like eighty nine eighty nine era, I could I could jump into that role Dale.
Speaker 4: So you're doing coaching now for either young young people who are are seeking success in whatever arena they or even executives. Where can they find you for their coaching if they want to hire you?
Speaker 3: I would recommend either go through my website Jill compstock dot com or just directly email me American Badass at Dill compstock dot com.
Speaker 2: And you do group You do.
Speaker 4: Group coaching like there were if there were a bunch of like military hopefuls that wanted to like get together a group. Uh do you do things like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do group sessions. It's less expensive as well for them, you know, it's more interactive. And then I do a lot of mostly private coaching. Most of the guys and girls that come to me. My primary demographic is men between forty five and fifty nine and women. I call them the old man Klan. They're the ones that put the kids to college, the wife won't talk to him anymore, and they're fat and pregnant and the like. You know, I want to I want to recaptu recover my life. So I get those guys and then I get men between thirty three and thirty seven. Uh, these are mostly business entrepreneurs there, some are veterans, some are not. They're looking at how it can expand and build my business and do more. And then the other group is men from nineteen to twenty six. They're either veterans or they want to go in the military and they want to go into special force, to special operations. And I have a I have a unique program just for those guys to get them get them ready for to include a training program. In fact, I just signed a guy up last night. He's actually he's actually a police officer SWAT and we want to try out for DEA selection and he contacted me, so I'm going to kind of put him in that nineteen twenty six year old category of training bear for that. So that, Yeah, I do that. I do that quite often. I have a pretty full load. I can only take some mane people at a time because the program is normally eight weeks long. It's two hours two plus hours a week on a zoom call like this. It's recordable and it goes in stages. But basically, what I teach people, really, what I teach people is how to think, not what to think. I teach you how to think. And that's the key to the thing I mentioned in physics earlier. Success is based on physics. It is, and I teach the science behind success. It's amazing how it works. But I do coach. I've coached millionaires. I've coached people who all walks of life. I mean, you name it, photographers, police officers, soldiers, you name it. I've coached coaching. I've coached international coaches.
Speaker 4: Can Jack sign up to be coached on how to hook up with a thirty one year old starlett?
Speaker 2: Put me in the game. Coach, help me in the game.
Speaker 3: It's really easy. Start with shaving the head and doing.
Speaker 2: It the mustache. All right, I'll work on it. I'll work on it. It's going anyway, so yeah, I might as well just cut to the chase.
Speaker 1: Guys going go check out Dale's book, American Badasslet's out today.
Speaker 2: Please check out our Patreon fown the description if you haven't already.
Speaker 1: You get access to these episodes ad free and some bonus episodes and ship like that.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Uh, next week, we're gonna have Jim Morris on the show. He served in Special Forces in Vietnam. He is the author of war story The Devil's Secret Name, and his latest book is called The Dreaming Circus. I'm really excited to talk to him. He's a he's a phenomenal dude. So we will be back next Friday with Jim Morris. Uh Dale again, thank you really appreciate.
Speaker 3: It, man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: We'll see everyone next Friday, all right,