Speaker 1: You know it's a late night when it's another go round of SDH for Thursday thoughts, John, hear you there. I know it was a late night, and it was even later for those of us that were doing the postgame show, the full time report on ninety two nine the game of the Odyssey happened. It was even later for the team and for Mike and Jason as they were flying back. I'm guessing they might have gotten back into their own beds about five o'clock this morning. So it is a point on the road morning, Alex for at Lane United, Jamal ti Array ninety plus two after a Brandon Vasquez free kick from about twenty four or five yards out. That on the air that that Abe did make a point to say in the postgame show, we thought that Brandon Vasquez was not going to have that one on target. It was well struck and that was a one the elead. We'll go for the numbers and all of the the stats coming up here in just a little bit. Here's your layout for the morning. We're gonna We're not gonna waste a whole lot of time considering it is a double match week. Technically it's a triple match week with three games in eight days. Todd Lewis of the Free Kick Pod, which is attached to our friends in Philadelphia and Maryland's number one Philadelphia Union podcast.
Speaker 2: They think is how I think? Is how it is? I have to look it up.
Speaker 1: But Todd Lewis is gonna join us at the bottom of the hour and he's gonna break everything down. What happened with Philadelphia last night down to nil, tied it to and then if someone forgot to Mark Ti Berrobo at ninety plus six. So LA found another way to lose last night in Philadelphia. So we'll go over what happened in Philly, and we'll go over what the anticipation is. We'll go over what the season has been like in Philly with the Bradley Carnell now being in charge and just how different it is. And we'll go over what happened last night, and we'll go over Atlanta. And so we'll be kind of drifting in and out of what happened with Atlanta and Austin and what's going to be happening with Atlanta in Philadelphia. Ten o'clock in ten thirty is the Power Hour with Nino and Nico with Nino once again. You know Torres, our buddy from Goal TV. I have no earthly idea what he's bringing to the table. I have an idea, but I really don't know. So we'll find out when Nino joins us at ten and then at ten thirty we'll talk about a very very busy night in Major League Soccer, especially on the left coast for MLS after dark. That did not include what happened in Texas. It was a matchup that no surprise. If you had taken the over at five and a half, you would have been in pretty good shape. With Messi and friends. In San Jose, Naxie Falcones scored in the first minute. Chicho Roano was like, not so fast, my friend, Do I have a pencil? Do I have a pencil? No?
Speaker 2: Apparently I don't.
Speaker 1: So then it was back and forth and it finished up at three to three and Liono Messi got a yellow card for dissent after the final whistle. I'd like to thank the center f forgiving that because Leo Messi is my captain on my fantasy team this week, and you get docked points when you get a yellow, so so far it's pretty safe.
Speaker 2: Margin in fantasy.
Speaker 1: But we'll go over what happened all of yesterday with Nico.
Speaker 2: We'll go around the planet with Nino.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Philadelphia and what happened last night, and Philadelphia and what anticipates happening on the weekend with Todd Lewis, and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Landy knighted at Austin.
Speaker 1: Here as we get you ready for the next twenty minutes, reminder, it's going to be another session of soccer is in session presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente.
Speaker 2: At noon.
Speaker 1: We're going to try and catch up with as many champions from yesterday as possible. We do know Judson Hamby from a Cony County is going to join us at twelve fifteen. Kick off of that show is at noon Judson Hamby at twelve fifteen. We have reached out to coach Kerns at Love It Into Frank Zamora at Johnson gainsl and we'll see if they can join us in the noon hour and break it all down with what happened yesterday with championships. We'll go over brackets and let you know what's going on today. Jarrett and I will be at mckeecheren for the six A Finals at five and seven thirty Walton and Beauford, and it is on the boys' side in six A it is going to be Campbell and Grayson. So we'll catch up, we'll catch up with all your brackets, we'll get ready for your matchups, all that stuff, and it's going to be a busy day on the NFHS network. But like I said, Jarrett and I are going to be upt McKeay and giving you the six A Finals at five and seven thirty. So if you are so inclined and you want to go sit in the sun at mckeechern, because apparently, according to our buddy Justin Hanover, you can't sit under the press box because they are addressing some structural issues at Cantrell Stadium and Dorsey Field. So everybody's sitting in the sun over across from the press box and so that's why you see the stands being what they are, split down the middle at fifty to fifty on the far side over at mc keechen. Jessica Charman was on a part of the call yesterday. She was doing the private matchups. Ais goes back to back on the boy's side, love It beats GAC on the girl's side. That was probably a bit of a shocker and in some circles, but love It gets the one nil win. Johnson gaines Will gets the one nil win against Northwest Whitfield. Talk about all that at noon and we'll break all of that stuff down and we'll try and track down coaches and get you ready for what's going on today later today on tape that'll be released on the weekend, We're going to catch up with the USLW League Tormentous side and find out what's going on there with their season getting underway. Sporting Jackson's season got underway for those of you here in the Southeastern footprint, and they played their first match at gene Cox Stadium in Tallahassee yesterday against the Reckoning I believe is the team name there in Tallahassee. So Sporting Jack's got two goals in a hurry and I think they ended up with the Duke. So it's a successful day for Sporting Jacks. They unveil their jerseys, they unveil their their squads, and they're often running. So that's all that we got going on today. Tomorrow once again is the standard tomorrow where we get you ready for the weekend. We'll go back over juice boxes and we'll get you ready for everything more in depth and previews and things like that, and we'll get you ready for Atlanta nighted on the quick turn as they're going up against Philadelphia. That one is on Saturday night at seven thirty translation seven forty, and we'll break up that one all down for you. So all right, let's get into what happened last night. And it was once again an Atlanta United in control for say, you know, thirty minutes or up until the hydration break, and you had three key passes from Latte Lot, you had a couple of chances on net, you had one from you had a couple from Alexi, you had one from Ronald Hernandez. And then at the hydration break, then it turned into pretty much everything in Philadelphia, I mean, Phillip while that's that's a Freudian slip, but everything Austin. So let's go back and we'll take a peek at the numbers and I get to do I get to do my ever popular sharing of the sharing of the screen. And so we'll go over control and we'll go over all the stats and everything. Starting lineups on the day, it was kind of like a It was listed as a five to four to one for Atlanta United Brad Gazanne and Net left to right, Ronald Hernandez, three center backs Luisa Brahm, Derek w Adams, No Cobb, Matt Edwards at you're right back. Four in the midfield Midan Chook, Click Sleish and Almaron. So it wasn't like a five. It wasn't like a At times it could have been a five two three five, you know, five four one ish kind of a thing. In Latte, Lot was at top, a couple of changes for Austin coming from the weekend Brad Stuver and Net left to right, Bureau Cascant, Spatalk and John Gallaher. Then it was the midfield of Sabovich, Ilia and owen Wolf, and up top it was your three dps Osman Bukari, Us Open Cup hero, Brandon Vasquez and Mirto Zuni. So it was a five four to one lining up against the four three three. Now let's get into the stats of the day and the way that it all.
Speaker 2: Broke down. Where's my stats?
Speaker 1: You said, the man's looking for stats and he ends up looking and getting other things. Okay, So fifty one forty nine, according to our friends at SOFA, score was the time of possession or the possession that was there XG or if you are abex the XG that he doesn't pay attention to. Considering that the x ABE was one and one XG for Atlanti United one point three to three for Austin, it was a point eight two big chances for Atlanta one for Austin. Eighteen total shots for Austin compared to eight for Atlanti United. Four saves by each brad, fourteen corner kicks total nine for Austin. Twenty fouls, which was under the standard number from Malik Badawi. Malik Badalwi traditionally calls in the neighborhood of twenty five, but he called twenty and he ended up with just the one yellow card against Atlanta United.
Speaker 2: On the day, you had.
Speaker 1: Twenty three kicks ten each side, fourteen tackles eight for Austin. So it was eight and six on the day. So for individuals for Atlanta United, top numbers were shared by Latte Lott and Aleximi Donchuk. So Latte Lot on the day played fifty seven minutes, and keep an eye on the minutes that were played last night in Austin and how it might translate to the weekend against Philadelphia. Latze Lot played fifty seven one shot off target, five of seven passing, and it was three key passes. So five of seven passing and three of them were key passes. But latte Lot only had five passes on the day. We need to figure out how many touches he had as a part of all of that. But five of seven passing, three key passes, completed four of six on these aerial duels, and that was it for latte Lot. Alexi Medonchuk on the day played eighty four minutes and he was twenty four to twenty seven passing in eighty nine percent. One cross that was long, that long switch that created an opportunity, so he had the one shot on target. He had the one shot blocked on one of his two aerials duels on the day, had the one block shot on his own as well. So you look at Miguel Almeron on the day, Miggy played ninety minutes, and I think that'll be one of the questions heading forward into the matchup against Philadelphia. Is that with Miggy having played ninety and then on the quick turn, then do you sit there and as you tried to get points on the road. Is Mickey on the roster in the game day eighteen or is I guess is twofold? Is Miggy starting and is he in the game day eighteen? I would probably say no, Comma, yes, if you need Niggy to come in late, considering the minutes and the heat and all of that stuff, I would probably say my gut tells me that Miggy is going to be coming off the bench in this matchup against Philly, just because of the minutes and the stress on the body and all that kind of stuff. So of twenty four to twenty nine passing for Miggy, two key passes on the one cross and it was two shots on target, the one for three on the dribble, one big chance missed and that was when the ball was sent over the top early by Alexi Midnchuk and he had the run in on Steuver and instead of uh, you know, turning it out to the left maybe and drawing Steuver further out, it was a straight line and Mickey shoots it straight into Brad Steuver with his right foot, So three of seven on ground duels and he was fouled once, two clearances, two picks in a tackle for Miggy. Playing the full ninety minutes, once again, Sleash and Click in the midfield, you're as you're two holdings thirty two to thirty nine passing for Bartows. Sleish had the one long ball, five of eight on his duels, fouled twice, two clearances, three picks and two times dribbled past matteas Click played fifty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: Also for the weekend twenty one to twenty four, passing eighty eight percent, two key passes on the day, one long ball completed, one big chance, created two of four on his wells, fouled twice, one pick and two times dribbled past. So then once again your back line Ronald hernandez Lusa, Brahm, Derek Williams, Noah Cobb and Matt Edwards. Matt Edwards was our player of the match for playing the full ninety minutes and thugging it out as he said, so, I guess that might be the phrase, going forward and trying to grind out a result, do not be surprised, once again monitoring the health of Brooks, Lennon and Pedro Amador if Matt Edwards does not put in minutes again against Philadelphia this weekend. Two clearances for Matt Edwards, one total tackle too. He won a one duel on the air and one in the ground. Thirty two to thirty seven passing for Matt Edwards had one long ball on the day. But Matt Edwards basically he was a right back. Then he was a right center back. He was at right wing. I mean it was all over the place, especially in the second half when you're trying to create things. Same for Jay Fortune. You had Jay as a left back at one point. As they were they went from five at the back to four. Jay drifted back and from his left back position he would go left wing, left back, left wing, left wing, left wing.
Speaker 2: Back, and left back. He literally would be up.
Speaker 1: And down the left hand side when he came in as a substitute. So Noah Cobb some of the highlights there. Noah won every duel in the air. He was four of nine overall. He had one block. Nine clearances for Noah Cop nine clearances for Noah Cop forty three of fifty passing at eighty six percent, six of eleven on long balls. Derek Williams, who put in just under seventy minutes, had six clearances himself two picks, one tackle, two of three in the air or two of three on his duels twenty seven to thirty one passing two of four on long balls for Derek Williams and then Luisa Brahm on the day ninety minutes seven clearances, So if my math is right, that's twenty one clearances by your three center back. Yesterday Noah Cobb leading with nine one block shot. It was a three of six on the duels for Luisa Bram thirty five of forty two passing at eighty three percent, four of eight on long balls from Louise in the matchup against Austin and so Brad's numbers just to give you Brad Guzan's numbers, not to be confused with Brad Steuver ninety minutes, four saves, one high claim, two saves from inside the box, twenty three to thirty on his passes at seventy seven, ten of seventeen on long balls in the outlets and had the one clearance on the day, so that was your numbers with Brad Guzant. So that was how it was with the starters once again, remember Jay Fortune came in and gave you thirty five minutes. Ish came in for Ronald Hernandez in case you need Ronald to start again on Sunday, so Jay got minutes to keep every keep the engine turned over. Ronald gives you fifty six. Tristan Mulliam Bob basically the same thing. He was a part of that triple change. Tristan Mullion Bach came in and for gave you fifty seven, and then Matteas Click ended up giving you fifty seven minutes, so fifty seven and thirty three, so Mulliam Bob gives you thirty three.
Speaker 2: Click gives you fifty seven. Jamal the same.
Speaker 1: It was thirty three from Jamal and then it was fifty seven for Latte Lot Saba came in gave you twenty for Derek Williams, and that was a part of that where Jay Fortune ends up drifting back to be your left back in that back four. And then Edwin Musquette came in for a cup of coffee a handful of minutes, taking over for Alexei Midanchuk late six plus stoppage, Evyan Morales, Will Riley and Leoc Brennan did not play. Keep an eye on them as maybe possibly being the first ones off the bench on the weekend. Obviously Game State has a lot to do with that, but you know, you're looking at how it could line itself up when it comes to the weekend, but just monitoring minutes, monitoring folks, and trying to figure out what it's going to look like against Philadelphia. So we'll keep an eye on that. Now, this is what I wanted to show. I'm gonna do the magical screen sharing thing that I have learned to do and probably drive you crazy. So here is now it's going to be on the left hand side of your screen for those of you who are watching live on our YouTube channel. But here is the momentum chart off to the left hand side of the screen. And in the first once again thirty minutes or so, first thirty minutes or so, you're looking at fairly even distribution of momentum Austin Atlanta. Austin had prolonged except for the one stretch then Atlanta had prolonged, and then you end up getting to the hydration break and then basically from the hydration break until well after the Brandon Vasquez goal. So the Brandon Vasquez goal, it's attack momentum.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: So the Brandon Vasquez goal happens at fifty seven, so then probably add another fifteen so you get into the mid mid seventies. Then it's at Lanty United in the ascendancy as I'm fairly certain that Austin was trying to just figure out how to navigate the heat and get out with three points. And then you end up with at Landy United getting the equalizer at ninety plus two, when Austin had the momentum when it came to the attack. So once again there's that one section in the middle from thirty to say seventy, I would probably say sixty five or seventy if you have this long stretch of attack momentum from Austin, and I know that that's what a lot of you are looking at this morning. But at Landy United after that, they after the substitutions came in, you end up with the fresher legs and Niko Steves did not respond with substitutions until later then late when he was trying to make sure that he could come out of it with a point, and his substitutions didn't start until there were ten minutes to go. You see Jean Kolmanicic and Jeter Obrion, they both came in with eleven to go, stepping out for Wolf and Bukari Dubusarski came in with five to go along with CJ. Fodri and then Diego Rubio for mirto Uzuni. Literally it was a cup of coffee, and so Rubio came in for a couple of minutes because they're getting ready for Vancouver this weekend, and that's why you see folks like Brendan hinz Ike not getting minutes. But the biggest thing, once again, that momentum we always talk about, even Steve until the hydration break, then the long version of Austin being in control the goal and then beyond and then Atlanta United taking over in say the final twenty five minutes or so. And then so if the goals at fifty seven and you sit there in extend so like seventy so maybe yeah, twenty minutes to go, you're staring at Landy United from say thirty to seventy not having any momentum, and then from seventy basically until late eighties, early nineties plus the goal was when they had the momentum late. But the bottom line is the end of the day to one one draw? Was it pretty No? Is there a lot to work on?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And so that's what you're staring at with Atlanta United. So we've had another a successful edition of screen sharing.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we successfully used a ropodope. I think, honestly, that's what Austin was trying to do when they had the one goal lead. David, I think that Austin was trying to get out of dodge and you know, the mid to high nineties heat and or humidity, the twelve mile an hour breeze, I'm sure was not doing a whole lot of good for anybody except for those who are looking at it from inside the press box. But it was it was an adventure. It was an adventure. You got a point on the road, and Bart to your point. Bart says that Noah was man of the match, hustled the whole night, tenacity, positivity, still a lot to learn, love giving him the chance to learn. End game and this is and you take from Bart's point, you take Noah, you take Matt, and you take j as a part of this learning tree that we have with Atlanta United young player, young player, young player from the system, from the system, from the system, And you know, it was it was right there with with Noah and Matt, and I think that it was with Matt, and literally it was. It was almost was a three way dance, but you ended up with me trying to figure out among the three of them who it was going to be. Gave it to Matt because of Matt and his continued energy, and it was reinforced. If you haven't had the chance to go back and listen to the full time report over at ninety nine of the game in the Odyssey app, I would listen to Jason's interview with Matt and how Matt broke it all down and how I guess, like I said, the rally cry now is to thug it out. And so that's what they that's what they were trying to do. They were trying to grind out a result on the road. And it was, you know, one of those where Matt was grinding, Noah was grinding, and Jay was going to give you whatever he could wherever you needed him to be. So it was really cool as we have covered these athletes from the time that they started in the academy and such, so it will be like I said it was, it was a tough one, but I gave it to Matt considering also late in the match when he ain't got nothing left. He is still out there and he is grinding, and he's trying to exalt his teammates and push everybody forward into continuing to you know, try and stay as sharp as possible with only a handful of minutes to go. So yeah, it was it was a tight call, but I did give it to Matt Edwards. Let me say hi to everybody before Todd Lewis hops in here and joins us.
Speaker 2: Morning, Alex, good evening.
Speaker 1: Bam Bam is in one of those times of the week where he gets to watch his before he goes to bed down in Australia. Yes, El Traffico is going to be huge this weekend, absolutely will be.
Speaker 2: Yes, a team hitting their stride versus a team from Carson That's gonna be bad.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But of course we all say that it might end up being like some five goal thriller or something like that. Marco Royce hits a bombaso from thirty five or something. Morning Michael, and Morning Abbey, Morning Pars. And let's see who else is here this morning. So Bam says, A league fund and games start today, A league finals starting this weekend. Ten percent discount on tickets when they were released on Monday today a fifty percent code got released and then two hours later get changed to twenty percent. Man, jump on them tickets, early, jump on the tickets early. Yes, Abby, frustrating with the non ability to score with a one on one with a goalie. Yeah, and it was Miggy going into the defender and Brad Steuver and he's trying to push it past with the right That was it was very very UNMIGGI.
Speaker 2: Then let's see.
Speaker 1: So morning Pars, Morning David, and uh thank you Bart, me and graphics. Just trying to figure out how to get things done and do screen share. All right, we're pushing nine to thirty, so not that we're putting Atlanta and Austin in the rear view mirror completely, but on a three matches in eight days kind of a thing. We've got to kind of look forward, and this is what we always like to do with our oppo research as they as they say in politics, if I remember my political science major correctly, when you're trying to do opposition re research, they just called it oppo research. And so now it's time to do some opo researcher. Buddy Dave Leno is calling the ACC Track and Field Championships. So he won the toss and deferred, and this is where we bring in Todd Lewis from the Free Kick Pod. And Todd first and foremost, you've been a busy man this morning. You were like off and running at eight thirty with your programming. Welcome aboard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks so much, John for having me. Yeah, it's been a busy morning, but that's what happens when you episodes. Here a thrilling game last night in ninety six minute game winning goal from tyber Ribo to complete the comeback against La Galaxy. And so yeah, when you have exciting games like that, of course people want to talk about it. People obviously don't get a lot of sleep because all that's on the mine is wow, ninety six minute game winning goal. And you mentioned Dave Leonard there for your listeners who haven't heard that call. What a call by Dave Leonard last night on ninety seven to five The Fanatic, the Union's radio broadcast partnership.
Speaker 1: Hitting man all of the promo points. Absolutely out of the blocks, you're hitting all of those problems.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave, Dave David would definitely appreciate that.
Speaker 4: But Dave Leonard is such a legend and grateful for the opportunity for him recommending me to come on the show and talk to you John for this upcoming game against Lentin nun named Philadelphia Union.
Speaker 2: No worries all right.
Speaker 1: So for those that were locked in with MLS after Dark and Atlanta and Austin Q two, I want to go over what happened last night and we were stunned. I was pulled into pre and postgame duty and it was looking at the grid and we're sitting there saying, okay, score here, score here, score here.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 1: You know it ends up his two nil out of the blocks with Quavis and Fagundez scoring. Run through the We'll run through it forty five minutes at a time. So the first forty five minutes lag has surprised. I'm sure everyone on this and every other planet in the Solar System putting two goals on the board.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think even those Philadelphia Union players would have been stunned too, just you know, Galaxy sitting back in the low block and the Union struggling to break that down. And I'm sure we'll get into this a little bit when we preview the match, but Philadelphia leads the league in crosses and so brotherly Cornell never wants the players to go away from that just sending crosses into the box. And so that's what we saw a lot of by the Union last night. In La Galaxy did a good job, you know, and just clearing away those chances. You would have hoped or wished for a little bit more attacking down the middle, and that never really came in the first half, and the two chances for La Galaxy and two goals for Galaxy, they turned the Union over and transition from the Union going in offense and now they're quickly transitioning to defense. For the first goal and then the second goal, it's just a poor clearance in Galaxy keeping pressure on the Union in the Union's defensive half of the field, and before you know it, it's two zero, and so that was only the second time this season that the Union had given up the first goal at super Park, in the second time this season at super Park that the Union had been trailing, And so it was going to be interesting to see the mindset of this team into the credit of the players to Brodley Cornell and his coaching staff.
Speaker 5: You score two goals.
Speaker 4: Coming out at halftime in that's the exact response that Brolly Cornell would have won it from his players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know you mentioned those those two goals that broke it down. It's like, you turn away from halftime, it's like we're doing the show and everything. It's like, okay, so we start the pregame show and it's two nil. We got a half time. We it's a half time and it's two nil, and the world is shocked. And then all of a sudden, right at the end of our pregame show, it's like and it's too too and the world has come back to normal and we're waiting for what's going on with lag Uh. You know, you get that kind of a response. And we're to the point now and I'll discuss this more with Nico Madeno in the ten thirty segment where we kind of take the tour of Major League Soccer where lag to me, I don't know if they can find any other ways to lose. I don't know if we're trying to encourage them finding other ways to lose to get to ten, you know, ten and three and beyond. But the black cloud there, Schlepprock is there, It's droopy dog. It is just everything where that You're just kind of sitting there, going, man, how's it gonna happen?
Speaker 2: And how do you leave? How do you leave.
Speaker 1: Tybara Boat alone? And actually he wasn't alone, he had a teammate with him. How do you have an unbalanced number of LA Galaxy defenders trying to mark or not mark at the back post late as Philadelphia is chasing a game winner?
Speaker 2: How does this happen? Todd?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess, I mean you talked about it. This is a bad LA Galaxy team gets beat or humiliated by Red Bulls over the weekend. Seven zero the historic numbles numbers for this team where they are off to the worst start ever in MLS history for a defending team, and just when you think you can't get any worse, it gets worse where they defend so well on the first half.
Speaker 5: It's so crazy. It's like what happened.
Speaker 4: Like you guys had a strict game plan in the first half, you guys executed it well. And maybe it's a credit to you, Bradley Crannell and his coaching staff for tinkering with things a little bit and just having that belief from the players to go out there and get the job done. And I think maybe a little bit of a pissed off emotion from the players for Okay, we shouldn't be down two zero at home. This is a really bad La Galaxy team. And yeah, maybe it's just a whole bunch of different mix of emotions. But like you said, I mean, ninety six minute, you give up a goal at the back post. You know the Union are gonna send in a cross there. They've been doing it all game, and you decide, Okay, I don't know how to defend across this time. I mean, wow, I I don't know if we ever seeing anything like this ever again. John, a team a defending MLS champion be this bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just you know, you're you. Yeah, Yamane ends up with with Yamane face the week before in the loss of Sporting where that turns into its own gift and every and meme and everything, and.
Speaker 2: Now you have what happened last night.
Speaker 1: So so was it Is it just something as simple as being pissed off? Do you think it's like, we shouldn't be down to nil and they flip the switch and they're like, all right, yep, we're gonna we're gonna take care of this crap right here.
Speaker 4: And now, Yeah, I do think it is a little bit of that. And I'll remind your listeners. A couple of days before this game, the Union were winning late against Columbus Crew two one. They give up a late, late, late game time goal in the ninety third minute. I believe it was off of a set piece, and so I think, wow, this team was so close to beating one of the best teams in MLS and Columbus Crew, and now instead of beating them. Now it's been five straight games in all competitions that the Union haven't had a win against Columbus Crew, and so they were so close to finally getting over that line and beating the Crew, and then they give up that late goal, and so yeah, that has to sting a little bit, and then to go down to nail against La Galaxy, It's like.
Speaker 5: What is happening here?
Speaker 4: Yes, we've taken care of the teams that we're supposed to beat. Your Atlanta unit and tru DC unit and your Montreal and that started a three game winning streak for this team, and the momentums back with this team. And then they go into penalty kicks against Indy eleven, they come out, have a good response against Columbus, and then you go down against Galaxy and it's like, Wow, those three wins we had against Atlanta, DC and Montreal, was it all for nothing? And credit to the team, Credit to the coaching staff for coming out here and correcting the issues against the Galaxy and coming away with all three points.
Speaker 1: So, Bradley Carnell from your perspective, how different is he and his style inserted into the Philadelphia Union way that we were used to seeing with Jim Kurtin.
Speaker 2: Is it a twist, is it a tweak? How much of a twist or a tweak? Is it?
Speaker 1: How different are things systemically with Bradley Carnell in charge as it was in the past.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty different.
Speaker 4: I would say for multiple reasons, and I guess the number one is Jim Curtain had said it the last couple of years that they really didn't have the players to play the pressing style that earns.
Speaker 5: Ten and won it.
Speaker 4: You would would remember in twenty nineteen twenty twenty, the Union were non start pressing and a big part of that was because of Brendan Aronson, who's now with lead you Uninet, and so the Union just didn't really have the part personnel the last couple of years to continue this press singing. To Jim Curtin's credit, you know, he switched up tactics a little bit to the strengths of his teammates, I know, players while concept I know, but Ernst Tenner wasn't happy with that style of play because he said, this is what I came in here to build us as a pressing team. I want us to play pressing NonStop. And that's what Bratley Carnell's brought here. And I've had questions all season, you know, is this sustainable about the season in thirteen weeks to MLS it seems like that is the case. And one thing that Jim Curtain would never do is use his bench into Carnell's credit. He's not afraid to go to the bench and use five substitutions a game. You'd be lucky under Jim Curtin if you got one. And so I think that's probably the biggest difference between Jim and Bradley Cornell is that it's non step pressing with Bradley Cornell's teams, and then you have the use.
Speaker 5: Of your bench.
Speaker 4: And so with those two things, having that trust and belief in your players, whether they be the starters of the guys on the bench, I think that instills all the confidence in the world. And when you have a co says, hey, look, I'm not going to start you this game, but you are going to play a role coming off the bench, might be a minute, in maybe fifteen minutes. You're going to have a role to play. And I think that instills so much confidence. And again, you can tell, and I just talked about this on my show that if there was any questions if this is still Jim Curtin's team with a lot of his former players, with a lot of his coaching staff still here in Philadelphia, Well last night ended all these doubts because Breley Connell had a way that he wanted to play. They kept coming in with crossing, cross and crossing, and they eventually found the breakthrough through La Galaxy, scoring two goals in two minutes against Galaxy in the forty eighth and fiftieth minute. Then you get that lately late game winning goal. This is one hundred percent of a Brelly Cronnell team, and this team is fully bought into the way that he wants to play.
Speaker 1: Todd Lewis from the Free Kick Pod hanging out with us for a bit of a preview with Philadelphia Union as Philly comes to town. The lineup that was there last night, at least to start before you start getting into swaps and things, it was rickin that back line, Wagner, Harriel, Glesnis in west midfield, Sullivan, Danley, Lukich, and Vassilev Indiana Vasileev. Obviously, there are folks in our footprint that have followed Indy's career from his time in Savannah and Statesboro to All Caps and Tormenta now there in Philly, and then Domiani and Barbo up top. How much rotation are you anticipating coming into the weekend with this being the third match in an eight day period.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest with you, John, I thought there was going to be a rotation last night against La Galaxy. So this was the first time since weeks three and four that Bradley Cornell has put out the same consecutive lineup. And I thought with a game that the Union puts so much on the line against Columbus Crew that I thought we would see some rotation. And I've imagine there's going to be rotation against Elenda and not at this weekend, especially with playing one turf.
Speaker 5: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, Bradley Cornell's full of surprises, and he told us a few weeks ago that you can expect rotation with the Fords every single game, and he doesn't change the Fords last night, goes with the same exact lineup that he did against Columbus.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would like to believe that we would see some sort of rotation. I think maybe the biggest thing, or the biggest question, is will Andrew Blake finally being goal for the Philadelphia Union. He's been dealing with a knee injury. Brolly Cornell had told us that there's just flew a build up in that knee doesn't feel comfortable Blake that is playing yet and if that is the case, you know why risk it on Turiff?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And so, Andrew Rick hasn't been horrible in goal through the Union, just made his tenth MLS start, got a homegrown deal last year with the Union, and so yeah, he's a raw goalkeeper at the MLS level, but he's been playing consistently the last couple of years with Union two down inn MLS next pro and I do know that that's not the same level as MLS. But Andrew Rick hasn't lost the Union games. And I would say that the biggest difference between Blake and Andrew Rick is Rick's distribution out of the back. He's so good with the ball at his foot and I think that just adds another element to the Union's game. That's an area against Columbus over the weekend that the Union exploited with Rick just pinging accurate long balls over the top bypassing the midfield in the defensive line of Columbus crew. And so yeah, I mean, if Blake really isn't one, why would you want to, you know, test him against Atlanta and Turff and potentially make the injury even worse because after the Union get done with Atlanta, then they go back to US Open Cup on Wednesday against Pittsburgh River Hounds, and then a couple of days after that they welcome into Miami uh to Suparu Park. So yeah, I mean, why risk Andrew Blake? Make sure if I was Bradley Cornell, if I was this coaching staff, Andrew Rick's not losing you games. You're still winning games, five straight games undefeated, six if you count the US Open Cup. So why not keep rolling out and Andrew Rick out there until Andrew Blake's one hundred percent healthy. And in a few hours we'll find out what the latest update is on Andrea Blake. I wish I had an update for you, but as of right now, I'd imagine Bradley Cornell is going to say he's questionable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and or day to day and we sit there and go, yeah, aren't we all? Yeah, So you have Andre and Andrew, and you mentioned the differences with Andrew, and we are familiar with Andrew at the time that we cover MLS next Pro here at SDH where we've seen we've seen what Andrew brings to the table. And you mentioned his numbers last night ten to fifteen, passing three of eight on his long balls, and so the distribution definitely something to look at when you're staring at it at Andrew. So when you bring in the newer players that have come in this season, you look at Danley, you look at Luke at you look at Damiani. Obviously Vasilev coming from All Caps because of the time that he spent with Bradley Carnell. How do you think those newer acquisitions have integrated into the folks that are there, with Bradley Carnell also coming in as an import to be your head coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pieces have been tremendous for the Union. And I know that Atlanta fans didn't get to see a ton of him because he picked up a red card in the fifty six minute with that player being yovonn Lukach. But he's been probably, in my opinion, the Union's best signing so far this season. He's been one of the most important players just with his distribution in the midfield, splitting the lines with his passing. And there was a lot of questions within the Union fan base, different people in the media not knowing too much about this guy. Just looking at his career in Europe, going from different teams, different divisions in Spain, I mean in Serbia, and then going to Austria where he didn't play at all, and so people weren't really sure what they were getting in yevonn Lukach And since his first stay here in Philadelphia, he's looked to be one of the best players on the team. We've seen him score a couple of goals this season, but for me, it's just his distribution, his passing, breaking the lines down. And it's a shame that the Union didn't get to get ninety minutes of him against Atlanta a few weeks ago, but I guess it didn't matter when the Union win that game three to nil. Single handedly being a man down didn't really make all the difference in the world. But yeah, for me, I think that he's been their biggest acquisition, their biggest difference maker with that passing, winning balls back and we're starting to see Danley John Jock the midfield partner, the number six partner of Lukic, five straight games now with goal contributions and picks up another assist last night, and now we're just seeing the interchange between them when one goes forth, the other one stays back, and they've they're starting to really pick up good chemistry within one another. And that's not what we saw at the beginning of the season, where it would be more so Lucage pushing up into the attack with Danley sitting back. But now the last couple of games they found a really good understanding where Okay, if I push, you stay back, where they both push sometimes at times too, just adding that pressure. Bradley Cornell had told us a couple of weeks ago that yes, our Red Bull solid team wants to hit you in quick transitions. They don't typically have a lot of the ball, but Bradley Cornell believes in the possession quality of this team. If there's moments in this game where they have to have the ball for five minutes, he trusts his players to be comfortable in the ball and break you down. And a lot of that starts with Jova Lukashlayer in the midfield.
Speaker 2: What in your.
Speaker 1: Mind gives Philadelphia trouble when they're going up against an opponent, whether it's style, personality, what have you When have Philadelphia struggled on the field this season?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they struggle just with the pressing style because you want to be aggressive and you push your center backs high up the field trying to win the ball back. And so I think there's a lot of quality on paper in Atlanta. And I was a little bit surprised just seeing the result a few weeks ago three zero, where I thought Atlanta could really hit the Union on the counter attack, take advantage of their aggressiveness. And I would say the same is true for just any team. It happened last night against La Galaxy where Danley John Jock pushes up into the midfield, pushes into the attack, tries to dribble by three guys, turns the ball over. Union always pushes their fullbacks up for it. They get caught out on the counter attack. So I would say, you know, it's just you know, when you take those risks, they pay off. Sometimes when they don't, then you better hope that your goalkeeper comes up with a big saver or two. And it wasn't really the case last night for Andrew Rick because La Galaxy didn't have a ton of chances. Yes, they score two goals, but it's not like, Okay, they're constantly going back into the Union's half of the field when they turned the ball over. So yeah, I would just look at any team that have fast wingers, fast players that are going to quickly turn you over from defense to offense. And Jacob Gleazes is not the quickest center back for the Union. You talked about rotation or different guys coming in. Jacob Glessness, I believe, has played every single minute for the Union this season, and we saw a few years ago when that happened under Jim Kirkin eventually got injured and missed the playoff game against FC Cincinnati, And so yes, the Union are down a couple of center backs with Neil Pierre and Jan Glevinovich. But will Bradley Cornew make a change this weekend against Atlanta and in sit Jacob Glessness and have that low management a term that we're all so familiar with because of basketball.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Greg Popovich. Absolutely, But yeah, so far.
Speaker 4: I mean Bradley Cornell just doesn't seem to operate that way and seems comfortable putting glistens out there every single game, And uh yeah, I would just be curious to see, you know, maybe it's just a game that you throw out a Aliwa to Makanya, who's one of the two only healthy center backs on this team. Nathan Harriel, who's the right backs been playing as a center back, started once again as a center back next to Glessness. Does does Crannell change up the center back pairing against Atlanta?
Speaker 5: We shall see.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the Union just pushing up high, getting caught out, being over aggressive and then teams sitting on the counter attacks seems to be the biggest weakness for this team so far this season. But like I said, you know that's to be expected. When you're wanting teams to be aggressive, when you're telling your center backs your fullbacks to push up, and you want to make teams uncomfortable in their own defensive half of the field, of course you're going to give up chances here and.
Speaker 2: There at the promo for me.
Speaker 1: So, folks that want to catch up with you and the Free Kickpod, how do they do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You can follow the podcast on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook at Freekickpod. You can check out the YouTube channel YouTube dot com live every single podcast, and then I do goals breakdown videos where I break down the goals from the games, whether it be goals at the Union conceit or score themselves. So do that for every single game that should be coming out later tonight for the LA Galaxy and Philadelphia Union game. And it is nice having a lot of fans from different teams just leaving nice comments and appreciating the goals breakdown because yeah, we're not going to keep it biased and just share the goals at the Union score to the chances at the Union score. We're going to share the whole whole plays over there. So have a lot of fun putting those videos together. And then if you want to check out my writing of the podcast or the goals breakdown video and all in one place, check out the freekick dot substack dot com.
Speaker 1: The freekick dot substack dot com. And by the way, just for full disclosure, in our twitch pitch, we have one of our A listers who is from up there, and there's our buddy Rich Ransom and so of course he saw you, and that was his instant reaction when he tuned in this morning, Todd. So our buddy Rich Ransom down up there, who watches us down here, he instantly was drawn to the fact that we brought you in this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate that Rich Rich is a good guy. So I'm not surprised that Rich is watching this this program. So Rich has a good taste and glad to see Rich here this morning.
Speaker 1: Why yes, he does have good taste. So Todd, you now have the you've got the keys to the house. You have the garage door opener, so you know, if there's any time that you want to come in and chime in, just knock on the door, just open the garage and come crashing in and we'll talk things as we go with Philadelphia. Don't be a stranger, my friend. Thanks for dropping by.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much, Sehn, have a good show. See there we go.
Speaker 2: Todd Lewis from the Free Kick Pod, And it was a chance.
Speaker 1: See like I said, Todd has Todd already started his day literally like eight thirty this morning, and he's got to catch up and get hydrated.
Speaker 2: You know, you can hydrate on the show, Todd. I hydrate on the show. It's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: But literally at eight thirty this morning, Todd was already gassed up and ready to go. He was like already off and running. He's doing the recap of everything lag in Philadelphia. And I think that Bradley Carnell is having their post mortem in the ten o'clock hour, and that was why he couldn't swing it tomorrow, and so he's got to get ready for everything that he's doing today. And we were lucky to be able to shoehorn him in after his morning show in Philly in the Philadelphia Union Universe, the Uniuniverse up in there, and so we were able to get Todd to come in this morning.
Speaker 2: And so that means that now Todd and Dave.
Speaker 1: Leno have the garage door opener to come in here and to discuss things in the hours of chaos that we have here every single week. So a morning Lokville. By the way, Rich, glad that you were able to see Todd before he jetted this morning. But yes, Abby was looking at temperatures. And by the way, like I said, Morning Local at the end of the match, eighty nine with a heat index of ninety four, I mean, yeah, it's just uh uh. I mean they had the d during the extreme heat advisory. They did have that hydration break at thirty and it was intriguing, to say the very least, with how it was going to all break down. And like I said, we went over the numbers when it came to momentum and attack momentum and things like that. But I am intrigued secondarily as to how heat will affect I mean not only Atlanta obviously, but Austin on the weekend. I want to know what Nico Esteves's lineup is going to be, and then you end up with the decisions that you have.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I think that with.
Speaker 1: Players playing ninety in Austin, I think that they might be on the eighteens, but I don't think they're going to start. But it will be the ninety dollars question. It is going to be what is it going to look like for Atlanta United with everything that's lined up? And Abby, I think yet to your point, Abby's making a point about when the hydration break happened in the thirtieth minute, make it at the midway point somewhere in there instead. And I don't know why they think, you know, thirty is the place to do it, because what you've done is you've gone thirty minutes and then you have your hydration breaking, then it's fifteen. Instead of hitting like a midpoint and then pursuing it from there, you go thirty minutes and then you kind of come you know, you've kind of got an adjusted to the conditions. You hydrate and then and it's fifteen minutes and it takes engine to get ramped up.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get.
Speaker 1: To the half and you're kind of like, okay, get back half.
Speaker 2: You get to that half. So but no abby with you.
Speaker 1: I think that they probably have hydration breaks somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty two, twenty three to five, somewhere at that point.
Speaker 2: But yeah, to uh.
Speaker 1: To to at their favorite club, playing in the conditions that were there down Austin this week again, what what it's keep an eye on Atlanta with what it's going to look like else that that's attached to it to see what it isn't going to look like. So we'll keep but it is one of the the leading into the end involving specifically they Telphia come into town thanks.
Speaker 2: To Todd for come.
Speaker 1: So that's that's what's where you David with me, David with breaks ninety minutes, ninety three, thirty sixty, Well at ninety at ninety minutes, you're done. It should be at the quarter poll, shouldn't it. It should be because the third break is the end of the match, because if you had a break, it would be like at thirty and sixty, Sure, thirty, and then you get in and then sixty you play for another thirty. But your third break would be at ninety and you're not done. And then you'd have a break at ninety minutes and then you have her many minutes. The fourth puts up on the on the lightboard. Would it be when it be better with the quarter pole. It'd be better at the quarter pole, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: I think? So, yeah, Rich, you know how to fix hydration breaks? Move to a winter schedule.
Speaker 1: I yeah, but then you have venues that you wouldn't necessarily be able.
Speaker 2: To play in. Referees referees intelligence.
Speaker 1: I have none. I have no reference. I have no referee intelligence. Uh but yes, and so yes, Abby, half of the half.
Speaker 2: I could just see.
Speaker 1: I could just see, you know, with with David's David's philosophy, if that happened, you do it every thirty minutes at the ninetieth minute hydration break? What you have a hydration break in the ninetieth minute. Wait, it's like, wait, a second team is a team's starting to roll?
Speaker 2: They've got all this momentum.
Speaker 1: They're trying to either you know, get a go ahead goal or they're trying to get a comeback ninetieth minute tweet hydration break.
Speaker 2: You're like, what that would that'd be pretty funny.
Speaker 1: A couple of promos before our buddy Nino Torres joins us here to take the tour around the planet for the topics of which I have not seen, and we'll find out what's going on. Obviously, we'll talk about the Darby's that happened in Portugal that Nino got to call last weekend. And if you have a chance to watch Gold TV however you can access it, please do because Nino gets to show in these rivalries. It's just it's fun to see how he navigates it. So it's always fun to check out Nino when he calls things on Gold TV. We're probably gonna talk the Darby's in Portugal, probably Talkertadors, probably talk Champions League, probably talk about El Classico with Real Madrid Barcelona, which was just off the charts crazy, And so that's what I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: I have not seen the topics.
Speaker 1: We will all see them together when Nino Torres jumps in once again quick reminders. Across the board, you go to Olivi and York and get our jersey presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. Across the front beyond goals on one sleeve, Soccer for Good on the other, and the proceeds there go to our Soccer for Good campaign here in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: You can always go back into our ig archive and see Blue Steele as shown by Greg Garza and Sophia Cupertino and our Maddi cruise. I imagine that Maddie is probably still wiped out from last night because she and the Hoff had the unified match after the first team match and it was a one to one draw. Late Bombaso for the equalizer off a recycled, recycled set piece, so it was a one to lead for Austin at home and it ended up with a late equalizer for Atlanta United. So their first trip to Austin, their first trip to Austin, and you end up with a one to one draw. So there you go, morning, Nate, Nate McCreery hanging in with us, Come on you, spurs and trees galore, no doubt about it. Let's see what else. Grady Baby, Grady Baby cod don't forget to get the soccer is just better in Atlanta. Sweatshirt, you can get it in red, you can get it in black. And the Golden Boss soccer is just better in Atlanta. You go through Grady Baby Proceeds there help out middle school soccer programs attached to Atlanta public schools. You can do that and that would be really cool. Also, the Marshall Islands once again, they made their Kickstarter number and so it's good that they have cleared that level. Looks like we're going to be spending some time in August in Arkansas to look at what's going on with the Marshall Islands as they hold the first ever Outrigger Challenge Cup, their first ever eleven to eleven tournament. And it's gonna be them Turks and Caicos and the US Virgin Islands all in Springdale, Arkansas, the week of August fourteenth through the sixteenth, where you're gonna have your three way dance and figure out who your champion is. I don't know if they're gonna try to bring in a fourth team or not. Guam was supposed to be there, but they Guam unfortunately had to back out. So be a part of the Kickstarter program. You're gonna buy the Marshall Islands gear. By the way, I have to send a scarf to Hong Kong. So I'm sending scarf to Hong Kong. Everything that you purchase to help out the Marshall Islands and show the love for the Marshall Island soccer fed it comes from England except for the scarfs which come from the other side of that door. And so, like I said, I got less than ten and with some of the packages that folks got for August and Arkansas, I'm probably sending those out and then having to reorder the Marshall Island scarf. So very very cool stuff there. Also, you could become a Finati coo for ten bucks a year at group dot chant dot fan. Let me see if I can spell it. Group dot chant dot fan, slash soccer down here, slash join. You can be a part of the Fanatica. You can be a part of our Fanati coos program and you get a bunch of discounts. You can you get into the access on our chant app and you get a lot of discounts to a lot of different places, a lot of different breweries and such. You get to a catering outfit northeast of the city of Atlanta. They have a discount there. You also have a discount for a resort in Costa Rica. Should you wish to go see Aloa, Lindsay, Herediano or Soprisa, you can stay at the resort. You get a code, you get a discount. You can get that by going to group dot chant dot fan slash Soccer down here, slash join and you can be a fanatico here at SDH once again. Hour number two is the Power Hour and it is Nino and Nico. Nino we travel the planet, Nico, we travel Major League Soccer. We go back over what happened last night more in depth, and then we get you ready for the weekend by looking at some of the big matchups that's supposed to be Rivalry week. I don't know if it is sponsored by the favored beer and beer product of Major League Soccer, but we'll go over some of the key matchups. We'll go over them more in depth tomorrow. We'll go through more of the juice boxes, etc. And the keys and things like that tomorrow. During the show, and we'll trying to get as gassed up as humanly possible getting ready for that. Remember today at Lanta United, they probably got in like five o'clock this morning, so today is probably a rest day. You go in, you reach in a little bit maybe in the afternoon after you got your nap in and maybe some breakfast, and then you get ready for practice tomorrow, which is probably just going to be light, you know, just trying to get the cobwebs out of the muscles, trying to figure out who can do what. And then Philadelphia comes to town on a Saturday night. That's a seven forty kick. And so it is a lot of different things going on, a lot of different leagues kicking off. It's US selling a bunch of different different ways USLW now up and running, in addition to League One in the Championship, and.
Speaker 2: It is the time of chaos, without question.
Speaker 1: But it's a fun part where all of the leagues going on and all the stuff that you have to try and navigate, and we get to tell all the stories of it every single day. I'm trying to think if there's anything else that I forgot involving us and what we're up to I'm trying to think, oh, you can go to soccer down here dot net and get our gear and what you can do in that particular. You go to SDH, you go to the shop function, you hit shop. All of our stuff with the new logo pops up and you can get everything from sweatshirts and T shirts to mugs and all of the chachkes and things. And Jason has also retrified a couple of teams that were here in the footprint. You can get their gear through the eyes of Jason and his artistry there as well. Once again reminder high school championships continue today. Jarrett and I are going to be at Nikeecheren at five and seven thirty for the six to eight Championships. We'll talk about that more at Soccer is in Session Playoff daily live at noon. Judson Hamby, the head coach of the winning a Coney County girls program in Triple A, one of the best matches of the tournament going into it, and it did not disappoint. Ninety minutes goalless and then it was a back pass that got pounced on by Maddy Cruz, the star freshman for a Cony County. She scored. It was the only goal of the match one nil. A Coney County beats Jefferson Region Rivals and a Cony County three peats and Judson Hamby gets the win as head coach. There so very very cool that we told folks coming out of the blocks. We told folks coming out of the blocks that this was going to be one of those games Jefferson in a Coney County and Triple A. We knew it was going to be that way, one of the best ones regardless of classification. You've had a lot of tight games so far. You had love it BEGAC girls one nil. AIS won yesterday and I think they won It was another one goal win for AIS as they knocked off Whitfield Academy. One goal win for a Cony County over Jefferson Girls in Triple A, one goal win for Johnson gains All over Northwest Whitfield on the boys side in Triple A. So you've had a lot of close matches so far. Schedule expands to three venues today and we'll go over those matchups in Class A and in six A and we'll get you ready for all the matchups across the board at the NFHS network where we are all going to be there in some form or fashion, because Maddie and Jason have to rush to luth because I think it's the four A Championship that they're going to be calling later today. It is our number two and we know that that means one thing, and one thing in particular. That means that there are things that I have to look at on my phone that I have not seen. I always see this picture of the Boss that's on my phone because that's my screen saver. But when I when I open it and give the code, that means that someone has given me topics that he wishes to discuss. Who is that individual that you may ask, It is someone who probably got more sleep than the rest of us. It's our buddy Nino Torres from Gold TV down in Lima, Peru.
Speaker 2: Yello, Yello, Hello, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeallo yello.
Speaker 7: Sucker down here fast and Nino Torres, we you today excited old pump talk because of my beloved the Universe study pull up another big three in company with its three games in a row without dropping a laws, and we were still alive in the Tonne Race.
Speaker 8: And that's why that's why I'm gonna drop something here for you.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh you fired up to see now? And I truly do appreciate the fact that you broke out the alternate dress black jersey this morning. I love I love the dress black that that is my favorite.
Speaker 6: Me too, me too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now that we are going fully loaded, now that you have played the so you've played your intro music to get ready for this particular segment. Uh I, well, I guess said the way that this always works. I have yet to see your topics. I have ideas as to where we may go, but I am now going to hit the magic button and we're going to see what the topics are that you have all lined up. Yes, Uh, Universitario is still alive with Copa Alberta d'oris e dale.
Speaker 2: You and he only had.
Speaker 1: Yeah to two exclamation points. So you're you're all fired up about this.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: So for those that have not had the chance to see what else is going on in Copa Lbertadors what a folks missed.
Speaker 3: A massive game last night in Lima.
Speaker 6: It was It's been for a while.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm saying a while, a decade a decade, right that we did not be the Ecuadorians that in the last I want to say, five years.
Speaker 6: Ecuador is uh, it's one of the countries with.
Speaker 3: The the one of the with the third best record in in common ball, and Sumericana and Thetis and they were.
Speaker 6: They have our number, I mean, which is I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: And for some way, some way, some I don't know, some way, somehow they dropped this year independent but it was a monster, right, an eleven headed monster, and it's there are more mortals now, the same with Barcelona, and we we appreciate that they dropped their level because that's the only way that we could beat him.
Speaker 6: And we've been in twice. We've been in twice in way.
Speaker 3: Kill, and we've been in here in lima Ino. No, there was no worry about tie or anything like that. But his team, his team was lacking creativity.
Speaker 6: His team was not able to beat us in.
Speaker 3: And then we we we stroggle big time, we strongle big time again because we have to go.
Speaker 6: I don't know five other times into the box to get a goal. Right, it's just ridiculous, but we got we got that one goal, we got the lead, We sustained the lead.
Speaker 3: And now everything is wide open because now tonight we were played place in the benite in Buenos Aires, but we're playing they took off, they took off already. It is that we were played that uh the Marceloga Yardos. We were played that they will all scare off at the beginning of but it was not there right now, he was saying this right hold a second. It takes time. It takes time to develop trust the process. And you heard this from many coaches in the planet, for many teams in the planet. But when Marceilloa Yello says it, it's for real. And right now we have played. It's on the rise. And I don't know who's going to stop at me.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: One of the one of the things that that folks missed out on. I believe you were you your universal target of deports was favored last night. You were a slight minus side favorite, but you were a big Nonetheless, it is the gentleman that was not wearing your outfiteah, he was not wearing your jersey, but he was coaching on the other sideline. The man who is styling and profiling looking as only you can look mister second Castle himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we we.
Speaker 1: Have grown to appreciate his sartorial splendor and how he goes just it is. Man, the man's busting out tuxes that have uh stuff that I've never seen before, and so it was bitter for the rest of the planet. You got to do and you know, fantastic stuff, but you did it against one of the best dressed men in the sport.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, yeah, you gotta you gotta give him that, man, you gotta give you that credit. But he's gonna like he's tonneing it down now because the results are not backing up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: You know, I can't be shining, but my team is not shining. Yeah. Maybe at least I'm gonna take the ball tight no ball tie today, so you you know, but it is what it is. And one restored from the from the game last night.
Speaker 3: You see that, remember that the ball boy double Reno congratulate because he played the ball so quick.
Speaker 6: The same thing happened last night to us.
Speaker 3: The ball boy run for his life and got the ball to the player, and the player bomb get developed the goal and we got the score. We have to score because of the quickness of this kid. You know social media, you know in here there's there's a electronic payment, right, they get your phone number, you get money, and it's called yappi here in Peru, right, the most popular one and everyone on social media, everybody get to yap into this kid.
Speaker 6: He hisself's a craze that everybody's.
Speaker 3: Is making movement to uh the pinchin for for for the kid because of what he did.
Speaker 6: Man, that's awesome, man, very cool.
Speaker 1: Last night, both the Foco beat the Studiantes three nil as a minus Russ and Klubi Colo Colo four nil. So Apollo and libertadd that was a draw at one one of the plus two fifty six, and we mentioned what happened with un versus the Duportees over Barcelona of Ecuador one nil. Looking at the standings in the group stage, yeah, right now you're staring at Universa Duporte's second in Group B behind river Plate, who is is not lost in the first four match weeks. You're you're, you're though are played five man week, so you got to kind of look behind you at the independent devij who are two points behind with the match in hand in Barcelona right now is four points having lost their first three, but they've turned things around.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're you got one.
Speaker 1: Match week to go in group your second but you know it's kind of like it is.
Speaker 3: But I believe real play is gonna take care of business at the at the Monumental tonight happen. I mean, no one in in in Cumdal right now can can match up replayed at the Monumental in Buenos Aires.
Speaker 6: Now, I think it's the next week we go into Buenos Aires.
Speaker 3: We close the group stage in Winnoesides when we play already qualified, already in the in the in the uh in the next month. They got other businesses they care in the in the Copaena and the leader Candena.
Speaker 6: So maybe, but the thing is that independent I'm Barcelona, gonna play in Quito, right so I.
Speaker 3: Draw put us through mm hmm, even when will even if we lose, we're going through m hm A drawn between the Benita ma.
Speaker 6: But if in the beneath the wins, now we go.
Speaker 3: Into the gold differential and then when we have to scratch a point from from weenosids and it's gonna go down to the wire, and then it's gonna go down to the wire, and that one, and you mentioned there is rassing my candidate.
Speaker 6: Number one to win it all.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: To listen to that, listen to that. Yeah, no Brazilian team wins this season either. No, what's no Brazilian team wins it this season?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you're looking at roustling right now three one and one. After match week five, there are ten points, two points clear for for ALESA and Group E.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Paul Marris is leading Group G. They're blowing everybody out in their career. Uh, Bela, Sarsfield and Penny Roll. They're the top two and there Group you know they're they're gonna be the top two.
Speaker 2: You just don't know the order yet with one match week to go.
Speaker 1: Uh, You've got Salpallo and Libertadsuncion right now there, they're gonna be the ones out of Group D. You're trying to figure out who that third team might be for the wild card spot. Cordeba, I know, the Yukito, they look they're gonna be like the ones coming out of C And Wheniversa died, the Chile Studiantes and both the Fogo are in a street fight. In Group A that's gonna come down to the last match. Week without question, because Wheniversa does, the Chile plays both the Fogo and the Studiantes plays Carabobo. So it's looking at Studiantes. It looks like they may end up getting the win out of Group A and they might be able to pile it on because car Bobo's only scored twice in five matches and they've given up eleven, so it might be a chance for Studiantes to advance and get it done on goal difference if it comes down to it. But I like the Studiantes in Group A just because of who they end up having to play in the next go round. So that's that's my that is my dime store. Look at how it might shape up today. You got three at six o'clock Eastern, two at eight thirty uh Internacional favored on the road at Nacional. Palmer's big favorite at home against Boulevard, So sheriff'squarter about big favorite at home against Alanzolima. Then your night Caps Flamingo big favorite at home against l The Yukito River played a big favorite at home against Independent at do I j to minus two ninety four. So that's what you're staring at in the group stage before.
Speaker 6: And now out of those.
Speaker 3: Out of those teams, Johnny, I gotta give you one more that I like a lot, because they were able to.
Speaker 6: To turn around the season big time.
Speaker 3: And that's Bienon was horrible in the in the local tournament, mean horrible in then destrolling the couple of that, they made it come back and they made him marvelous comeback yesterday with love Fernandez turning the game a round against Olympia. By the way, got the coach from NIS reports Woosto's flame way from studied to play to coach Olympia.
Speaker 6: Take down. Take that, Bustos, Why you left us? Why?
Speaker 9: Why this is what you get for Liminus in uh.
Speaker 6: Le bernandees listen to this.
Speaker 3: Out of the eight goals of being all scored in the Koppa, six got the signature of le Fernando's assisting or scoring six.
Speaker 6: He was part of six goals from the eighth that his team scored.
Speaker 3: Monumental again, lef Fernande, and I think is gonna make a deep run this season too in the Copais.
Speaker 1: So we will get to more involving Nino Damas coming up in a bit. But you wanted to shift over to sud Americana where we have we have group stage. Last night Victoria won as a favorite on the road Cruzero bat Palestino at home as they were favored draw between America the Collie in Ura Khan. You have five matches today, Independente big favorite against Guarinee, UH, Corinthians big favorite on the road at brassing Montevideo. Athletti is a big favorite at home against Caracas, Cianciano, favorite at home against the Porte Sike and once Calda's massive favorite at home obviously against giv San Jose. But you, sir, wanted to continue to discuss one particular team that is doing really well.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, and that is Musha Bruna a Poncito.
Speaker 3: Yes, out of Ecuador, out of the indigenous community in Tumburawa. Yes, that's where they're coming from. UH undefeated at the top of the group. They've bid Santa Fe away and they're looking so solid. Man, they're looking so solid. And the Copas Americana.
Speaker 6: And they might be might be the dark horse in this competition. It would have been that awesome.
Speaker 3: Johnny Mushall Garner Champions of Copas american is a long way to go, right, but there'll be the beautiful story. And the reason why the reason why Mushna is at this moment now Okay, is because I believe that they are the team in Ecuador that they got alongside with Independinte by the best scouting in the entire League Pro Equador.
Speaker 6: Every every other year they got the striker. They got the striker out of from nowhere. Right, they got a striker over, We're gonna sign this kid from I don't know.
Speaker 3: From the third division in Paraguay, Okay, boone leading Scott and the leader Pro. What happens they don't. They don't the big teams in Ecuador. They don't leave mush to finish the season with their striker. Right they're talking about we're talking about Jonathan Bauman. He they got him from I don't know where he came from. But twelve goals in the first first half of the twelve goals in sixteen in sixteen game.
Speaker 6: They got the kid. I forgot his name. She's said they got a twist strikers in a row.
Speaker 3: That they signed him and halfway through the season either Barcelona Emi Lake Liga or in the Benita.
Speaker 6: Vias Nachal spiker from them every single year.
Speaker 3: They're looking so serious in the scouting department that they got these kids, that they they got these names. They got these names from you don't know did they got this Penilla Miranda?
Speaker 6: Who are these guys? But they're they're they're getting the getting the job done. And there's one guy that I highlight here as Steven Torpedo, the red headed uh.
Speaker 3: He looks like a like a Roxtar from the eighties and he's the uh, the core of the soccer operations in the in Musha Gruna. He's a ceramaid that they can they can he can defend, he can deliver it, he can assist, he can do everything.
Speaker 6: He runs the show from ms Runa the Colombia.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Steven Tapiedo that he's is a tremendous playman, tremendous man. I'm surprised that Dan Snatchot played from a from Musha Gruner man.
Speaker 6: But he's his demand.
Speaker 1: And we have and we can thank Jason for this. Is when we had we used to have our Monday night show, we got soccer over there. We would follow Musha Kruna and we would and Jason was the one that brought Musha Cruna to the table as one of those clubs that we needed to follow just because. And right now they're sixth in the equat Lega Pro out of the sixteen that are there.
Speaker 2: All right, so topic number three.
Speaker 1: When Nino was right, Episode seven eight nine, Sporting will win the championship in Portugal and Boa Vista could survive with three question marks?
Speaker 2: What is that about?
Speaker 6: Since day one?
Speaker 3: This day one, I said that Sporting was going to win the season right day one, Right at the beginning here, everything was perfect, right with running the show. Eleven victories in a row, the team was a machine. Then Rubin left, Then jo opery I came in.
Speaker 6: He couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: He got scared. He almost ruined the process. He almost ruined the season. And they said, all right, you know what, just thank you for your services. You gotta go boom. Third coach, Three coaches in one season. What do you see this with three coaches in one season getting the championship. I've never seen that one. Then came in from Eyes and his style was a bit different, right, a bit different, not shining explosives as Ruben, but he understood that he with the elements that he had with the personnel that he had.
Speaker 6: I can do something with it, right.
Speaker 3: I think I can manage the manage the ship to do to go to the finish line in first place.
Speaker 6: Because the the.
Speaker 3: Only only last ones the number one spot in the twice out of thirty four weeks in two weeks.
Speaker 6: Only in two weeks. Uh spot. It was not number one, all right. But then came the derby.
Speaker 3: It was to toe with the Vica went to start the loose and we work and said, you know what, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna knock out these guys.
Speaker 6: I'm not, but I'm gonna get the points. I'm gonna get the points.
Speaker 3: But they punch first. They scored the win it first four minutes and then they okay, we got the lead. Come get us, Come get us, baby, I know it's your house. Then I'm the owner of this guys. Right now, I'm running the show here, okay, and Menfica.
Speaker 6: Got they couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: This is Mepica got Floster. There was no clarity the Maria. He was not the the Maria that they will expecting. He was resting for three weeks getting ready for this game. But when he came in, he was it was. It was not that they that they wanted or they were expecting. You know, they couldn't filter it out. They just couldn't filter it out. The massive defense, overloading from Sporting eight alive, the offense.
Speaker 6: Of Benfica and the evening they got.
Speaker 3: They gotta come up with this marvelous play, individual play from a genius publicist living all fights, five defenders on the floor to assist, are to go look to get equalized.
Speaker 10: That was the only way, one magic trick from a Marlos players that is publicist to get that goal, because without magic, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think that they could ever get that goal. It was putting.
Speaker 3: They were so solid, It was so solid defensively and they were not that focus into attacking them pick that they were also they were focused on prevailed.
Speaker 6: Right, we got the lead, all right, they got the equalized. Right, we're not gonna get crazy.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna go and score again to get the two one to get the big two.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no no no, We're fine with the point. But we'll find with the point because after this, if we come up with a point out of here, we go to.
Speaker 3: Our stadi, to the alad to close the season and to win the championship at home. And that's exactly what they did, and that's exactly what will when I will. They didn't win the championship this Saturday, the first back to back titles in fifty two years for Sporting.
Speaker 6: It's not there, is not done yet, but I know it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: All right. I was gonna say, so you're you're doing that one right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, So your your juice boxes. You have two matches tomorrow. Famally Cal favorited home against cassap And and real av Is favored at home against his Descente. Both of those are at two o'clock tomorrow afternoon on Gold TV. Everybody else is at one o'clock Eastern time, Yeah time.
Speaker 2: On Saturday.
Speaker 1: Afs favored at home against mororenz Aruka favored at home against Bulavista. We'll talk about them in a second. Braga big dog at home. Benfica's a minus one seventy five traveling to Braga. Estil slight dog at home hosting Estrala, who's a plus one fifty six. Porto's a big favorite at home at a minus three twenty three, hosting Nacional Forense slight favored at home against Santa Clauda at a plus one sixty five, Sporting a minus three eighty five hosting Vittoya Guimerash, who is a plus nine to eighty five. The standings as we go, Sporting and din Fica tied on points at seventy nine. Sporting has a plus three goal difference if you want to get down to it if you end up tied on.
Speaker 2: Points Porto and Braga. Braga needs some help.
Speaker 1: They need the win against Benfica and they need a whole lot of goals to get to third. I think that's gonna stay with Porto by the time we're done, because with Porto playing further down the table, I think Porto ends up with your number three spot, and then it comes to game Russian Santa Clauda to try to figure out your five spot. Who's going into Europa Conference League. Now we go to the bottom, yes, we go to the bottom. And this is why we spend time talking about folks like Boula Vista, AFS and Fadense because of how we just want to ish on Bolavista and how they handle things. And then you introduce the fact that AFS might be worse as an organization.
Speaker 2: Here's what's happening sixteenth you.
Speaker 1: Want to avoid because that's the promotion playoff with the number three team coming up from Lega be that's right now, AFS because they're at twenty seven points and the tie breakers and such. I think it's head to head is right now the difference but Enze is a twenty seven points, they have better goal difference, but they have worse had the head against the AFS. Boa Vista is at twenty four points, they have the worst goal difference and they need to beat Aruka.
Speaker 2: And get some help.
Speaker 1: How did how how how could Boa Vista survive with this math?
Speaker 2: Sir oh Man, I was you know, I.
Speaker 3: Was going to Derby in uh but the portal Ofsta Derby and that's it at the end of is relegated, right because there was you know, you look at the points so that they're done. But then my guys from Portugal they're like, no, no, they're not done yet. They're not done yet.
Speaker 6: I mean it's gonna be a crazy combination of results, uh to get it done. But they could.
Speaker 3: I mean, all right, so it's twenty seven piece, right, But the thing is that they they had to head and they had to hand. Boa Vista got the UH, it's getting the upper hand against the other two. So if financing, yes, financing, because it's not it is the it is they head to head, the prevails instead of the all differential here, So even though they all differential for finance is minus twenty and and bab this is minus thirty bowl, I think it is UH, they can get ahead of them, but it's gonna be tied. This is this will go wild because they will be triple tie at twenty seven.
Speaker 6: If WA Vista.
Speaker 11: Wins and Financing and a FS lose lose their games, we're gonna triple tie at twenty seven and Bavista could be saved.
Speaker 6: I mean it's safe.
Speaker 3: Quota siou yeah, because they're gonna play the the relegation playoffs.
Speaker 6: But it is possible. It's possible.
Speaker 3: Even though even though since this system was installed in the in the Leo Portugal in the five years now five years now, every single year the the the team that's coming from the second division beat the ones in the UH in the first division in that playoff.
Speaker 6: So we don't know. Yeah, it's not over until it's somber baby.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. All right, so we'll hang on to that piece of info.
Speaker 1: And I know that you wanted to wrap up with what's going on through what in the wide world of sports is going on?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we we we we we talked about this, uh the violence thing and improved last week and uh we we we got another episode.
Speaker 3: It is I mean, it wasn't that, it wasn't that uh scary, but I was scared for the families of the players of when the report is because at the end of the game when started playing with the say in at the Monumental and we lost the undefeated condition after thirty seven games. We lost for the first time at the Monumental because the coach was using an alternative team because the game that matters was last night against Barcelona.
Speaker 8: Right, we're gonna save our players, were gonna save our stories for Wednesday, all right, So that he put an.
Speaker 3: Alternative team and the team wasn't working. You know that he made substitutions in the second half. The stories came in, but it was it was a bad game.
Speaker 6: So bad game, Like I don't do anyone, but at the end of the game, you know, all the all the people left almost all of them, and players were talking to their families, and this group of people came down to the uh to the stands to go.
Speaker 3: In the first line, right close to the players unders trying to ruin things of the players.
Speaker 6: Hey, you don't do this. Why you gotta you gotta you gotta play for a team.
Speaker 12: And the kids were there, you know, families of the families of the players were right there, and this group of uh insane people was going almost you know, it could it could have been it could have been a.
Speaker 6: Situation where people could have got hurt.
Speaker 3: It didn't, it didn't happen, right, but uh, there was a part of the old trust from your story reporters complaining to the players.
Speaker 6: But they got up close, way too personal.
Speaker 3: And one of the players rood and went up to the stairs to the stands because his kids were there, and he went out there and the truck almost got into a fight with these people.
Speaker 6: And then the security I don't know what was the security.
Speaker 3: Where was the insecurity either now, uh, I don't I think they were like five, but there was like fifty people. There was a group of fifty people that went down there to the close to the to the to the pitch to uh to put pressure on the players.
Speaker 6: But uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so stop stop.
Speaker 3: You know, it was one freaking game. It's not like the team is, you know, doing badly. Oh man, we're so bad. Number one in the in the in the tournament, We're almost were right there on the berche to qualify to the second stage a couple of players for the first time in twenty five freaking years.
Speaker 6: And you come and you come in in here because you lost one game, one nail.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, focus, focus people, all right, so what do you call on this weekend?
Speaker 13: Calling the uh sportying the Lions, And then I crowned the title at home, planning doing the h the Family Cow game tomorrow too.
Speaker 3: We're doing Pai Roll and Nason now in man, I'm so excited, Johnny, it's uh I've been I've been following this team, and you know it's crazy, right because in twenty five years in this center, since we turned the patient to it, two thousands sputting one only once, right, two thousand and one, two thousand and two seasons, only once, I.
Speaker 6: Get to call three championships for these guys, three and in in.
Speaker 3: That's special, man, that's special. And also uh I gotta say thank you to the uh FC portal because.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's see my boy, my boy, we gotta go to a gym.
Speaker 3: In a second, f porter chose to my call, choose my call. That really made my day, man, because they.
Speaker 6: I mean they're from Portugal.
Speaker 3: Brother, they got their broadcasters in Portuguese and no, and they put it on on on on the on the on the subtitles.
Speaker 6: We got to use these oudio guys, you know in Portuguese.
Speaker 2: That was that's that's strong. All right, go to the gym.
Speaker 1: I got my boy here, all right, yes exactly, so I love you, my friend. Be safe, have a good workout. May you not strain anything or pull anything, and have great calls and we will catch up with you again on the flip side. Enjoy the gym, my friend, be safe.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys, see you next week.
Speaker 12: There.
Speaker 1: We got Nina Taurus from Gold TV. He's heading to the gym. He's a lot braver than I am. He's head into the gym. So in Nino's going to the gym and he's gonna make sure that that the house is properly protected as he goes. But it's always great catch up with Nino over at Gold TV, and with what we get to find out there, it's almost like a it's like almost like a soccer over thereish segment every single week where we get to kind of tour because of all of the different leagues that Nino gets to call on Gold TV, but with everything that's going on in Portugal and because of how it might impact the transfer situation involving England and Victor Jokoresh and Rubina Marim and all of the different pieces that are pieced together. That's where we kind of keep an eye on things. And then just the stories involving folks like Boa Vista and Afs and all of that that are important in the grand scheme of the business of sport. That why we get to talk about it. And obviously you cannot ignore Robertadors and sud Americana and so with what's going on there, we get to talk about all these different things. So it's kind of like touring the planet in a half an hour with our buddy Nino Torres at Gold TV. So you can get Gold TV at t Finatis and here's that plug fan tz dot co slash soccer down here you get I mean, let me check it real quick because it's because they I think they just added Tego Sports out of Central America. So let me see what we've gotten now on finates it is tayse newest tell a cdo for the fans. Uh lega one lega one max pro. I'm trying to see if I've forgotten anything. Robertador's match day five all right, so uh tay say lega one legal, one max pro. All the b ins, and I mean all the b ins. You get all the b ins, Uh, Tay say Goal TV English and Spanish cdo c d O two Nowesta tela and that's just for starters and our friends that tay say are doing, uh right, they're doing their morning show sports yeah right now. So that's that's what we're watching there at a finaates at FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here. So this is where we make the tag and we go from Lima, Peru to Seattle, Washington, where we know someone had a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a late night.
Speaker 1: We kind of did too, but I don't think it was as late as this guy who's probably on cup number two of the coffee and in the rape either in the rave green mug or in the Wazu mug and we'll find out what that is.
Speaker 2: Our buddy, Nino.
Speaker 1: Torres from uh ah, he went rave Green this morning, okay, from Soundered Hart and Pulso Sports.
Speaker 2: So you went rave Green for the mug? Are you on Cup number two? Where are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? There is Cup number three?
Speaker 14: Man, Like you said it was, it was a late night, you know, trying to catch a couple of games, at least ninety you know, to eighty minutes. I didn't finish watching the whole rail slike Timbers game, but yeah, just trying to catch some games. Obviously, lot going on here in the Pacific Northwest. So I am here man, three cups in, ready to go. But whatever John might throw my.
Speaker 1: Way, all right, so let's start with the home Let's start with the home man, and then we'll work our way through the rest of cascadies. So, Seattle, how would you describe giving up four to LAFC and not scoring one themselves?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Look, I think that the game got a little bit away from the Sounders reach. But I just thought that there have been way too many assumptions and overreactions when he comes to this specific game. This was a heavily rotated Sounders team. You needed to give minutes to a.
Speaker 6: Lot of guys.
Speaker 14: You got Leyva and JP that both started haven't had a lot of minutes this year. You start a Sasaderosario first start in MLS, you have to put in Thomas. I mean, all of these other things that needed to happen in what other game are you going to be able to do that? When else are you going to be able to get this guy's competitive minutes? Then in a week where you have a game Saturday Wednesday, Saturday, you gotta play a very tough game against Portland Timbers. So for me, it's all good and well did Seattle? And can we make some assumptions and some conclusions that are not great in this one?
Speaker 6: Sure? I think that his schus Ferrero should have been better.
Speaker 14: I thought that Jay Bell has kind of shown in a couple of games that in the three men setup, I don't think he's the right choice when he comes to that middle guy of the three man back line. They went back to the three for three, they look better when they went back to the fourth two three one in the second half. Brad Sbscher admitted that he said and mentioned that the reason why he set up that way is because he wanted to match what las he gave you in the four to three to three the deformation I worked in the past, So there's reasonings to everything, and for me, that's good enough. I understand that we're in a day and age where we have to be reactive and we have to be to have a statement and a reaction right after the game, and it's either you're good or you're awful, and you're terrible, so.
Speaker 6: And he goes both ways. I was kind of surprised about.
Speaker 14: How much of the LAFC fan base and a lot of comments out there were praising LAFC for beating for zero a Sounders team that again had a lot of rotating pieces, no starters in this one.
Speaker 6: So LAFC is no juggernaut.
Speaker 14: They're the exact same team that ended up drawing to to after, you know, kind of having all of the lead against Vancouver Whitecaps. They're the same team that got put against the Ropes but the Timbers and ended up three to three. I mean, leave the exact same LAFC team and for Seattle, all that momentum, everything that they've been building, the identity, the concepts, the principles, those are all there.
Speaker 6: It was just a game that kind of got out of hand.
Speaker 2: And you know, why do we why? Why?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why do we need context? We need to have immediate reactions. It's got to be one thing or the other. We can't be patient and understand context. Here, Come on, now, you know how it's supposed to work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 14: That That's kind of the reaction that I'm hearing from everybody's like, I gotta understand why we have to just change it against all AFC. You know, why can't we just go and put a starting team every single time? And like, man, you need to manage your minutes.
Speaker 6: This is not a sprint.
Speaker 14: This is a long race, right, I mean, this is a marathon. You gotta understand that. When it comes to al AERC, I heard a lot of people being upset saying, well, you know, when you throw in the towel against a top team, that's not championship mentality. Well, neither is trying to overreact on a Wednesday game and maybe put your best players in a position to get hurt for the future and really have issues moving forward. Or you can just relax and understand that you know what, there's a learning lesson. That's the way brands mess talked about it. Are's the way the players talked about it is a learning lesson in this Wednesday game. Now you go on this weekend in a rivalry game, and you put all your frustrations into that game, and now if that doesn't go as you plan, then you can react. Then you can and don't overreact. Just react to that at that specific time. But if you look at the circumstances, I thought that the Sounders that were in it for most of the game, it wasn't as bad as the score line. Team you look at when the goals fall, you know, Yamar comes off as well. I mean, there was a lot of things that kind of happen when that second half kind of got out of hand for the Seattle Sounders. So let's just pump the brakes. There's another game this weekend. That's the best thing about the way this setup is right now is that you get to turn the page focus on Portland and we'll see what happens there. But I will say that it's okay to be frustrated. I understand that a lot of players didn't play up to their best. I thought and Leva wasn't sharp in this one. Usually that's his m as being very good on distribution with the ball. I thought it was a little bit off. Other than Pedro de la Vega, a lot of players I feel like underperformed, included even Andrew Thomas. I feel like Andrew Thomas at goal, a guy that's supposed to be the future for the team, he looked overwhelmed at times. He could have used more poise, a little bit more of that, a lot more actually of the leadership inside the box.
Speaker 6: So again, less him learn, You live and you learn.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then the rest of Cascadia. You had a goalless draw with salt Lake in Portland. I was intrigued by that. I would have anticipated more goals in that one, but you end up getting Salt Lake in Portland with nothing on the board for anybody to see.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 14: And you know, that was an interesting game, kind of a chess match to begin with, a little bit slow for you know. I know that people like goals and not a lot of people like the defensive part of it.
Speaker 6: But I thought it was an interesting game.
Speaker 14: I think that regardless of the possession of the opportunity, it was a very even match game. Uh, this is another team that had to rotate, had to move some pieces. It was good to see Jonathan Rodriguez back out there. He had an opportunity of a goal for Timbers. You had Kelsey out there or tism Paradis, so it was evenly matched. I thought that the draw was actually a pretty fair account. We've all kind of looked into ourselves as a team that's starting to move in the right direction. Timbers, despite their deficiencies defensively, they've showed us that they have enough of a power power up top. Where we're there in the standards is more than fair. We'll see what happens this weekend. But I thought it was a decent game there from ourselves and the Portland Timbers. I had to do a little bit of rotation as well.
Speaker 2: All right, I kind of buried the lead here a little bit.
Speaker 1: You wanted MLS after Dark, You got MLS after dark at PayPal Park.
Speaker 2: That was a poet and didn't know it.
Speaker 1: Uh, Santjose and San Jose and Miami and Messian friend Messi and friends in the Earthquakes. It got so out of hand that Bruce Arena after the match was over, was basically restraining Lionel Messi from going after the officials to where he almost got a red if he kept doing what he was doing. He got a yellow for descent after the match was over. He wanted to go back for more. Bruce is trying to restrain him from going back for more. It only ended up being a yellow. So Maxi Falcone scores in the first minute, Chicho Orongo scores in the third. LaRue scores to make it two one. San Jose Agende scores to make it too too. Ian Hark scored to make it three to two. At forty five plus four, that was your score at the break. A Jende got his brace in the fifty second, and then it was hang on for the final thirty five.
Speaker 2: You had sick, you had five and a half, and you had the over. I'm sure you came out hot.
Speaker 14: Yes, I definitely had the over. I actually had the four and a half in this one. Did feel like it was going to be a draw. It's actually a very good game on that regard. But look, the Pink Phony Club is very you know, accurate there for this team. Right now, the antics by Messi's got to stop, and I know I've been criticized and the bots will come back to get me again, but Messi needs to relax after the games. His frustration should be going elsewhere. I thought that just going into this game, there is a lot of dysfunction with Inner Miami. A lot of it is falling under Haavier Machirouno. He had some statements going into this game and after their last game that I thought were on call for that I thought were necessarily what you want to hear out of your head co which we've talked about the defense and the issues there. So just the goal that a angle got, I mean, this is exactly what we're getting out of Inner Miami. Mistakes that were not there before, issues that although defensively in the past have been an issue, you had enough of a firepower they were going to get back into every game. This is San Jose, So three to three scoreline should not be making anybody excited that Messi and friends got three on on San Jose.
Speaker 6: This is something that we knew was going to happen.
Speaker 14: So what it is that's wrong with this team is just an inability to be in control, and I think that's why Messi's been so upset. He's used to just being able to dominate games and gameplay him and just be that guy that holds the reins, and that just hasn't been the case. He was pretty involved in this one, but not necessarily in the goals. He had a gorgeous pass into Giorgio, buta to kind of like the past before the past, but you know, he was a little bit limited. That's another thing that gets them frustrated. But this inner Miami team is just too dependent and all you'll know, MESSI. They have a huge issue by not having a nine that's scoring goals in the exact same pace that Luis Suarez was having it last season.
Speaker 6: Again, I go back to the coaching.
Speaker 14: I think that there are some holes in the way the sonstitutions, patterns are happening, the way that you're planning the games. I mean, if you go back to what happened with Minnesota, it's exactly that you know what Minnesota was gonna do, Maturano said after the game. We knew what they were gonna do and we couldn't stop it. That is now what you want to hear your head coach. So to me, the problem and the root costs of inner Miami are a lot deeper than you might seem. The issues are just the top of the glacier, and there's a whole bunch of issues behind it. So look I like the phony there caudline for this team because it does seem like they're living off of Messi's presence what they did last season, but they're having a hard time backing it up on.
Speaker 2: The field, no doubt.
Speaker 1: And I want to wrap up what's going on just off of my head before we go to what else happened last night. Off of the top of your head. Lag found yet another way to lose a game. I mean you add it to Nilly Clavis and Fagunda scored in the first half, and we were I was doing a pre and post last night on the radio for United and we were looking at that score at the break and we're like, going, bruh, what got into Lag? And so, of course then the quicksand happens and you give up the game winning goal at ninety plus six because Ty Barbo and a teammate had an advantage at the back post as Michael Owa chips it from one side to the other. How you leave two players practically on marked I've no idea, but LAG found yet another way to lose a match in Philly last night.
Speaker 14: Lack of effort and character from this team in the second half. Look, I died to Banny. I thought that the false nine Ruth was great. I thought that it worked. You had him being able to pull defenders. He's a guy that has a huge IQ when it comes to the way he plays the game. Always the extra pass. He sets up those two first goals brilliantly, the scenarios. A guy that this team has missed a lot. He's been injured, he hasn't really adapt as quickly as the team wanted. But he had a decent game yesterday, so a lot of things were going their way. And I even went on you know X, and I put it out there. You know, I didn't know that this team knew how to hold the lead, because they haven't held the lead other than one time this entire season. There was a stat that was put in the broadcast that they've only held the lead sixty minutes all season long.
Speaker 6: Sixty minutes. That's as much as they've had it.
Speaker 14: And in this one they didn't know what to do with it, which in what ways and We've said this in the exact same show. In what ways can a team that is that you're being able to contain and handle, in what ways do you allow them back into the game set pieces that should have been known. That's exactly what Philadelphia was going to do, and they did it, high intensity secondary balls. They literally bullied the LA Galaxy in the second half. I thought it was seven shots to one in the second half. I mean, something outrageous. LA Galaxy just did not have the grit, did not have that age factor as we call it in South America and factor ache.
Speaker 6: They just didn't have it.
Speaker 14: And that's kind of what it's missing here from this team and they just have to have no response. You cannot allow, like you said, Maribo to get that type of hander in that specific moment when you and I think it's Joshida that goes to ground, when you know the player that's carrying the ball is running away from you, you go, you go to ground, You allow him to turn around put that ball back in. I mean, it's just mistake after mistake, issue after issue.
Speaker 6: But for me, the biggest.
Speaker 14: Concern is the character and that inability to come back and get yourself back into the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, so please explain to those of us who have this is the first time I've heard this term. What is this factor?
Speaker 6: What is this FACTORACI? Is the the grid that comes from the the the h is to uh how do I say.
Speaker 2: It is the hosess?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so that that's kind of what it is. It's just that factor of like extra strength. And they call it FACTORACI because it's the unexplicable. Is just the inability to just get you back in the game, right.
Speaker 3: That that.
Speaker 14: The strength to just get you through bad moments in in the games. And that's kind of what this Allegalaxy team just missed. It's almost as if they were afraid. As soon as the second half started, they were just waiting for things to go wrong, and as soon as they did, they just went back to old habits.
Speaker 6: And they have nobody on the field that can get him out of there. And I thought Pagundas could do it.
Speaker 14: I thought Rails could do it, and none of them seem to have any idea on how to get this team going.
Speaker 2: So testicular fortitude is factor.
Speaker 6: There you go, that is exactly it.
Speaker 1: Okay, testicular fortitude. Okay, what else stuck out? Last night from you, whether it's on that coast or in the Eastern Conference, what else stuck out from you from last night?
Speaker 6: Man Orlando is a force to be reckon with.
Speaker 14: Mouriell looks like that Muriella that said yeah, and I know you hate to hear that because I know the Purple team is not your favorite, But Martino Heada has played himself into the MVP conversation. I think that they're a team that has a ton of power. Ramiro and Riquez course heres today. I mean there's just so many another team that has so many weapons offensively that they're just going to be an issue. Charlotte obviously a team that has issues of their own, but still a quality squad. And I mean I think they lost fourth in a row as well for Charlotte, but there's still a team that you know, when you get out there and you play them in that manner, it turns head. So for me, Poppy is doing a great job with his Orlando City team, and I think they're going to be a force to be reckon with.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 14: San Diego uh playing Colorado the way they did, I thought that the great thing about San Diego, even when they're kind of up and down. What keeps him, what keeps the floor highs that they understand what they want to do. Set pieces, We're gonna press high, We're gonna make it uncomfortable. And I thought yesterday they did a fantasy Japans Colorado, especially with Jody, that they did not let him do absolutely anything.
Speaker 6: Even in the p K. They're chirping at his ear.
Speaker 14: You could tell that he's bothered he misses the p K or is well stopped by the goalkeeper. But I just love the functionality of San Diego. I feel like because they had a bat spell here in the season, people started to dismiss them. Do not dismiss that team. Do not make that mistake. This is the quality squad that could be a problem in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: DC United a goaliztraw with NYC. Montreal had a lead, Columbus got an equalizer, so it was shared results there. Cincinnati over Toronto. News out of Cincinnati this morning. I believe they signed w Bodo to a contract extension that came across this morning. Houston an interesting one at Hell and a Shell. They shut out Minnesota, which I thought was intriguing, and then Natal and then Nashville over Red Bulls two one, Saint Louis and All Caps. In Kansas City they had a to two draw. Atlanta and Austin had.
Speaker 6: A couple of things there.
Speaker 14: I think the biggest news out of DC is that once again been tech INGOs out early in the first half. Second time season. That's gonna be problematic. Cincinnati getting Kamara he played some minutes yesterday.
Speaker 6: I thought that was a great get.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: I was at one point thinking when Seattle wasn't getting goals from their backups, I thought that maybe they would go out there and get them, but obviously they didn't. It's kind of cool to see him there. It did in Nashville. Oh my goodness, what is the number muktark. It's looking like mukt revolt bj Callahan has resurrected the chip of inspiration that had this guy as a former MVP that we had not seen for a couple of seasons. They did the best of if I've seen him in quite some time. Happy for Mukter, Happy for Nashville.
Speaker 1: All right, So it is a rivalry weekend coming up here. Three matches in eight days for most. We'll go through some of the ones that are here on the board hell is real Columbus minus one zho four Hosting Cincinnati. Cincinnati is a plus two fifty nine and the draw is a plus two six three.
Speaker 2: You've also got Cincinnati's a plus what two five nine?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, that that cost my name.
Speaker 14: Look Columbus, Columbus has been good, but Cincinnati has more playmakers. Cincinnati. Uh, if you did not see Dankis goal, go back and see it. That dude put everybody on skates.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 14: He's not just the buffet guy on the field, but he tends to be one of the most talented. I think that him and Evander are a great match. Both guys can change the game at any moment. Give me that game, give me Cincinnati. That's gonna be a good one. And look, no disrespect Columbus in their style and their way of play, but when it comes to game changers and who's gonna win it, I feel like Cincinnati has more of those players right now than Columbus does.
Speaker 1: The Bruce Arena Bowl is at seven forty Eastern time last night, REVS hosting San Jose. Rev's a reminus one zero four. Santaose's a plus two forty two and this is off the heel. So basically what you've done is you've constructed the Bruce Arena Bowl. After San Jose put a total put three on the board six total in a match. And by the way, your plus four and a half was about a plus two to fifty, so you were okay there. So San Jose has to go through what they went through going up against Messi and friends. Now they have to fly across the country to be a night game in Foxborough against the Revs. I mean, who is schedule maker? And why are you playing? Why is Homie playing like this man?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Yeah, that is completely logistically wrong. But look, the bad news for San Jose is that Chile came off injured. Hopefully is nothing big regardless of I think this is gonna be a high scoring game. We've seen San Jose give up a lot of goals who seem score a lot of goals. Same things for New England, even in their new form that they found. I feel like there's gonna be a draw that would at least go two two. I would be willing to go with Don Jose if I knew that chiechoid angle was fine. But that's the only thing that's holding me back. However, like I said, I like the draw. I like that two two, so I would do it three and a half in this one. I might even be interested depending on later down the line. See what cheachers at to go beyond that?
Speaker 2: Well, San Jose, the draw is a plus two eighty two in the computit.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: So you're over under. Three and a half is a plus one fifty one. They're not thinking there's gonna be a whole lot of goals here, So three and a half is a plus one fifty one. Four and a half is a plus three forty six.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, no, no, no, that three and a half. That two to two sounds real good to me.
Speaker 6: I like that as well.
Speaker 1: All right, let's skip ahead to Cascadia, Portland and Seattle. It is nine thirty Eastern Times, Saturday night. Portland is a plus one seventy three draws a plus two fitty and Seattle is a plus one forty one after having rotated against LA in the midweek.
Speaker 14: Not great numbers, but give me Seattle. Give me Seattle. Going into this game, I feel like they've been stable. This is a great wake up call here midweek. The team is going to want to get that game completely behind them by putting in a good performance. Love what Petri's been doing. You get arrested, Christian arrested, Ovid arrested. Back line, it sounded like the team is starting to get some players back, so Reagan, he you know, may be available for this one as well. So to me, although the Timbers have been good at times and there's still a team that focuses a lot on the offensive power, I like Seattle's defensive presence to minimize the Timbers fortitude up top, and Seattle being the more balanced being able to get going. I love the possession spells that we've seen from Seattle lately. A couple of goals that is sixteen seventeen eighteen passes put together. I think that they're really gonna have possession in this game, and they're gonna make Timbers very uncomfortable. Obviously, you've got to be careful with the direct play with their speed out wide. By me, Seattle is the better team going into this game, and I'm gonna go with Seattle.
Speaker 1: Sunday Sunday Night Soccer early is MESSI and friends hosting the Purple team. I know a lot of folks may sit there and say, can neither team win at a plus two seventy eight. You can have that MESSI and friends are minus one oh six and the Purple team heading to the Erector set or a plus two forty nine.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 14: Give me a purple team and uh, this is gonna be another scoring affair in my regard, So I would definitely go over three and a half easy and I would take Orlando's city. Look, Miami, it's I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but it seems like they're uploading. Even when things are going right like they did yesterday, it's still not good enough. Agenda is starting to get his stick back under him.
Speaker 6: Which is good.
Speaker 14: But when you have an Orlando team that is in this sort of form going against the inn Miami team that is so poor at rest defense, that seems to be having a lot of issues when he comes to set pieces, and that to me is gonna give this Orlando team a lot of.
Speaker 6: Space to play with. I like Orlando, man, I like it.
Speaker 14: Maybe I'll be wrong, and you know, the inner Miami fans will be all over me, but to me, the Purple team in this one is probably going to be the winner.
Speaker 1: Plus one thirty six for your three and a half. By the way, so it is on the plus side plus one thirty six. El Traffico, What do you think.
Speaker 14: It could be a trap game for LAOC. Look, I understand that LA Galaxy just had the great, the proud badge of having the worst start in MLS history after what they did against Philadelphia. But it could be a catch game, man, I don't know. I'm really gonna try to stay away from this one. Give me the numbers either way. LAFC clearly the heavy favorite. LAFC clearly the team that no one is expecting to lose this one. But those are the one those are the ones.
Speaker 6: That will come back and get you.
Speaker 14: If I will say anything for the La Galaxies that they showed a little bit of hard At least there was a poles in this game against Philadelphia. So can they built off of that? Can Vanny do it?
Speaker 6: I don't know, But what are the numbers on it?
Speaker 1: Plus one twelve for LAFC on the road going to Carson Carson FC is a plus two sixteen and your draw is a plus two fifty nine.
Speaker 14: Oh, it's not good enough for me to take that risk. It's just not good enough for me. But I thought that the numbers would be a lot higher for this than in the water LA Galaxy team. But that tells you that there is some sort of you know thought that that you know as.
Speaker 6: A catch game, maybe they'll get it.
Speaker 14: Uh ah, Man, I'll go with l C. I mean, just that's what rationale will tell you. That's what you know the numbers will indicate. I think l a f C, even regardless of who's up top, has good I think Ordas is a guy that has done a lot of great things for this team. Uh Denny Bwanga, he always plays great against La Galaxy.
Speaker 6: I really like what.
Speaker 14: The Jesuits has been doing. Man Yestually he puts a ball in a dime uh and creates a goal for l a C. Uh that la pe La Martinez, although he gets caught off sides. Think he does a little move against the Sounders where he's just like a little spin, gets in from the goal, puts it in the back of the net. I think that the LFC team just is a little bit too powerful for the La Galaxy squad that's having so many issues defensively. So let's go with LAC. But I'm not putting my money on it. I have a feeling that there could be there's too much of a chance of something going wrong for me to put money on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah and uh yeah, So that's probably the safe, the safer play for your wallet and the sanity there at the at the office for the Nico HD. You know, I can't I can't let you go without Atlanta and Philly. Atlanta's favor of the plus one twenty three. Philadelphia is almost a plus two hundred. Your draws a plus two fifty nine.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 14: So tough matchup for Atlanta United Man. And you know that's one of the last games that I watched yesterday, was that Austin Atlanta game. Two teams that put a lot of money this season into their offense. And he didn't look like that actually, you know, on the rone, missing that one on one against the goalkeepers. Stuart Stewart does a great job at just making himself big. But the fact that alm Run didn't just chip him, oh man, he just he just talks about the lack of confidence that Atlanta has in so many areas of the field. I was surprised to see Basquet has put away a free kick, by the way, but it was beautiful free kick.
Speaker 2: We were too trust me.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was. It was a great, great shot, but I was surprised. But going back to Atlanta, I just don't know if.
Speaker 14: They're confident enough to beat a very confident Philadelphia team. Look, Cornell's done a great job with this squad, has changed the identity of that team.
Speaker 6: I think Barribo's really good.
Speaker 14: Even Badoia, it seems to have re found a little bit of dead fruits of youth and it's looking very good. I just think that Philadelphia there's too many of the fundamentals thing right for Atlanta to win this game. So I hate to say it, but I think Philadelphia will take this one. They might take it easier than than people think.
Speaker 1: All right, so hit the promo for me. What's going on with Polso Sports and Sounder at Heart.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, we are going to have a couple of days off because the Sounders won't be back and the train in the field, or at least we won't have availability into Friday. But obviously Friday will have everything that comes out of that day. I'm sure we'll have brand Smester talking right before the derby I'm definitely gonna get a one on one with Andy Rose to talk tactics, talk defense going into this game, and everything else that comes up on YouTube.
Speaker 6: But when it comes to.
Speaker 14: What's already set up Fridays with Jeremiah, of course, what we learned this week is going to be a little bit of two games, right LFC. What happened, what we saw, what we learned on that specific Friday, and of course what we expect out of a tough game in Portland, So go ahead and check that out. And of course on Monday, as always, kickoff with Lovins, Courchers and Ari Lollinwall, So go ahead and check that out as always.
Speaker 1: My friend, great to see you enjoy your third cup of coffee, Go get yourself some breakfast and we will catch up with you again this time next week. It's always great to see your face, my friend. All right, it's Nigo Modeno from Pulso Sports and Sounder at heart. He's gonna go finish his third cup of coffee and probably head to Number four or maybe get a nap one of the two, or maybe both. But no, it's always great to catch up with Nina and Nico in the Power Hour on Thursday, and it was great to catch up with Todd Lewis from the Free Kick Pod and find out get an early scouting report on Philadelphia Union. Tomorrow will go deeper into your thoughts involving Atlanta United in Austin and what you think heading into Philadelphia, and it'll be the standard hour of chaos. We'll see if we can catch up with our friends at Beyond Goals Entering and we'll see what we can do and lay in all of the other news out for you, getting you ready for the third match in an eight day period for a lot of teams in Major League Soccer. Gossip Permeran and you window before we get out of here and what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. Remember, we'll be back top of the hour. It'll be an abbreviated version of soccer as in Session Playoff Daily Live. Judson Handy, the head coach at Coney County's going to join us ATWEL fifteen, so we're gonna go over brackets and scores. We're gonna talk to Judson Hamby about the win over Jefferson yesterday. Great ambassador for the sport, fantastic match to show off the best talent in the state of Georgia and we'll be back at it again later in the afternoon. After that on the NFHS network, Jarrett and I will have your six A games from mckechern and Maddie and Jason will have the quads. You'll also have Class A Division two out of Macon with our buddy Mateen Rtt, so he'll have those for you, with LA making a stand and Atkinson County traveling from Pearson to take on La in one of those matchups.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have all of that activity coming up.
Speaker 1: Soccer is in session, playoff, daily live scores, brackets, Judson Hamby and then that'll be your show for your Thursday and we'll get you ready for everything later today. We're also gonna catch up with Tormenta on the USLW side and that interview will be posted this weekend so you can catch up with with their season coming up already underway. So gossip for today is where we are going to go, and you're gonna have a fair amount in and around. So Florian Vert seems to be a gentleman that is under the spell of Manchester City. They've met with Bayer Levercusan for Verts over a possible summer move. Liverpool also have made contact with Verts. They're interested as well. Manchester City and Arsenal circling Rodrigo at Real Madrid amid reports of the Brazilian falling out of clubs falling out with club staff. Joshua was Zerksey as a summer transfer target for Inter Milan after his campaign this season. Liverpool will not accept from the Three Letter Paper the eight hundred and fifty thousand pound fee from Real Madrid to let Trent Alexander Arnold leave early. Newcastle moved ahead of Chelsea in the race to sign Mark Gahee from Crystal Palace. Byron Munich have agreed to a fee with Bayer Levercusan to sign center back Jonathan That's from Fabrizzio Romano. Barcelona keen to rival Arsenal in moving for Espanol keeper Joan Garcia. Barcia willing to offload up to eight first team players this summer in order to finance transfers and new contracts. That's the only way that they can do it really, unless they bring in another auditor. Barcela want to sign a central defender, a full back and a winger is cover for La miin Jamal rby Leipzig Chavy Simone ready to leave the club this summer despite him only signing a permanent deal in January, and Bristol City want to keep a striker Nikai Wells next season after failing to reach the Premier League via the Championship playoffs. And once again keep an eye on that stuff as well. The Championship, the League One and the League two promotion playoffs that should be coming up in short order as well, So keep an eye on all of that. So Soccer on TV, What to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it once again will be back at it at noon with an abbreviated version of Soccer's in session Playoff Daily Live today being Copoelbertadors thirty and ten, River Playton Independent, del Vje, Once Caldas and walbetto Broel San Jose, ESPN Deportees LaLiga doubleheader Osasuna Atletico Madrid at one, Espaniel Barsa at three thirty, LEGA mki's playoffs on two to an A at nine thirty, Crussool in America, ESPN Plus's four matches available two at one o'clock two at three twenty.
Speaker 2: Out of LaLiga.
Speaker 1: In addition to Osasuna and Atletico Madrid, it's Rie Vayacano and Real Bettis. It is Espaniel Barsa and Hetafe and Athletic Clube emlistnexspro dot Com. Tonight or this afternoon at three o'clock it is a NYCFC two in Toronto. FC two that's on Mlisnextpro dot Com League one. It is the promotion playoffs Charlton Athletic and Wickham three o'clock on Paramount Plus. Thanks to all the guests. Man, it was a great day. Todd Lewis from the Free Kick Pod, Nino and Nico in the Power Hour. Thanks to all of you guys for being a part of it as you always are. In the Twitch pitches, we work our way through what happened against All FC and head into the matchup against Philadelphia Union. No rest because once again three matches in a week. Talk about it a little bit. We'll probably talk about it more tomorrow. Have highlights and posts probably from Matt Edwards if you miss that on the full time report, we'll talk about that and get you ready for the weekend. Starting at nine oh five tomorrow morning, so once again back at it. In about forty five minutes, Soccer's in Session Playoff Daily Live presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. We'll discuss all the brackets, all the scores, and get you ready for another day in the GHSA Championship Finals. Three venues going today will break it all down for you. Coming up in just a little bit. Mouchi ploty, I'll play it safe. That's another go round of SDHAM and since it is the end of the show, that means we get to do this back here in forty five minutes for the best high school coverage you will find anywhere on this or any other planet.
Speaker 2: That's it for another go round of SDHAM. Play safe, everybody,