Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time down for our community connection on K one, the one you trust, and from Eldercare. We have Michael Kohlaw with us here today. Hey, doing young.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm doing very well. How about you, Tom?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm doing really good compared yesterday. It's not as busy around here, but that is not three tornadoes dancing around here either. But we do have so much needed brain. But on top of that, we've got some big things going on at Eldercare. I don't even know where to start, so I'm gonna let you do that.
Speaker 2: Well, we do have a lot of big things and great things happening in Eldercare. I'll say this. The most recent exciting news that we have is Sheila Tucker, who's been with Eldercare since I believe twenty twenty two. She was recently named the director of Daybreak. She had been the associate director for some time and so she received her long term care administration license and because of that she has now moved into the director position for Daybreak. She's a certified dementia practitioner. She's a fit Minds caregiver coach. Sheila and her staff do such a fantastic job with running our adult day activity program, Daybreak, which is the flagship program for Eldercare. So we're really excited to have Sheila in that position and to see the growth that we have. Our census with Daybreak is continuing to grow, so we are providing more care to aging adults and then really providing that respite for the caregiver, which leads me to really we're so excited about We have two caregiver support groups out of Eldercare right now. We have every Tuesday, which we call our traditional caregiver support group. It's facilitated every week by Jonie Elmore. Everybody knows and loves Joni. She's fantastic in helping us with that and she's getting out in the community as well and being a liaison for us. But that is a it's a more structured caregiver support group on Tuesday mornings. There's topics that Jonie will bring and walk through these topics with those in attendance, and then every month as well, she'll bring in a guest who will come someone with expertise. We've had Larry Cowan we've had. Yeah, he's been fantastic, was so well received. Tammy Schmidt, who is a chaplain hospital chaplain, has come and shared will have one of the physical therapists or she's actually speech therapist with elder Care with Foundation. Abby Peterman is going to come as well and speak. So it's that Tuesday caregiver support group is growing and we want anyone who is a caregiver to know that that is there for you to come and find support and encouragement and gain knowledge. So that's every Tuesday at ten. But with Shila becoming the director of Daybreak, and we've recently talked about a grant that we received from OHS specifically for respite and to be more intentional and to be more creative with how we provide respite for caregivers, we have started what is called the Open Door Cafe. Open Door Cathay is a weekly caregiver support group. It's on Tuesday. I'm sorry, it's on Thursdays, so today's Thursday. It will begin at ten o'clock this morning. It's ten to eleven thirty. It's come and go. You do not have to RSVP. You can just show up and there's no agenda. It's just come and be encouraged with other caregivers. What's unique about this is we encourage you as well to bring your loved one. If you're caring for someone with dementia or Alzheimer's or just general aging, bring them with you because they can participate in the cafe setting. But then our classroom that we have right next door, and it's literally an open door that goes to that classroom that is open. Sheila and her staff will be in there and provide activities for those And this would be the third week of the open door cafe. Today will be We saw such a huge growth from week one to week two, and while I was there last week, it was encouraging. It was encouraging to see caregivers find community, and it was encouraging to see caregivers bring their loved one with them and see them interacting with our staff and with other individuals. And it's such a fantastic opportunity that we have to show care and love to our community and then just to bring that respite to the caregiver. So a lot of great things going on with that. We're going to have, or we already do have activity kits that will send home with individuals, snack packages that we'll send home with individuals. This is all part of the grant from OHS that's allowing us to do that. So a lot on caregiver support and daybreak, but that's where we've got some super exciting things happening at elder care.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it really sounds like, and I think you're going to go home to a house full.
Speaker 2: Well absolutely, yeah, I think it will be. We encourage anyone to come and I'm excited to get back over there and see what's going on. And then I have to head to Bahusca. Well I'm going to go talk about a little thing called The Good, the Bad, and the Barbecue.
Speaker 1: Oaks of Basca love barbecue.
Speaker 2: They love barbecue. So our fundraiser is coming up May tenth. We are what's today, April third, So we're talking six weeks, five weeks away from the best fundraiser, the best event that you could ever imagine being a part of. Yes, so May tenth is it is the best, by far, the best tasting fundraiser. So we will have our twenty seventh annual The Good, the Bad and the Barbecue on May tenth. It's out at Huge Ranch. So if you're leaving Bartlesville going towards Woollar Rock, you can't miss Hughes Ranch right before the bridge you're going to turn west. And it's a fantastic event. So our tickets are on sale on our website which is www. Dot About, Eldercare, dot org, forward slash BBQ, and so you can go there and buy tickets and you have the opportunity to buy a ticket, you can buy a table, or you can buy the VIP ticket, so I can break those down tickets one hundred dollars and that's going to get you in for the evening and that's going to be the dinner with Dinks, which is fantastic. We're going to have our live in silent auction, which we have such amazing packages that are put together. We have a generous community that donates things for us to put in our live and silent auction. Our live auctioneer he is he puts on a show up there and he will definitely make you want to bid on some of these items. And then we've got Luke Christiansen, who is a Pahuskan native plays music. He is such a fantastic musician, he plays in Bartlesville. He plays at the casinos around. Go find him on Spotify and listen to his music. Luke is gonna come with his band and they're going to play some music for us. So that's one hundred dollars for a ticket. A reserved table is one thousand dollars. I mean, what better way to treat your friends and family and business partners than to buy a table and invite him to this event. And then the VIP is the Patron Party, and that's a five hundred dollars ticket. So the Patron Party gets you in. At four point thirty. You can go through the ranch House at Hughes Ranch, take a little tour and you'll see where they if we've seen in the Examiner, they've just finished filming a television show out there in the ranch House. So that new TV show was filmed out there, and so you can walk around the ranch House and check it out. That Patron Party is catered by the Eatery and fantastic food and wine and beer and cocktails. And then just head on down to the big white tent for the barbecue, which is it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: It always is.
Speaker 2: I tell you. And as for a great cause. At the end of the day, we need community partners to come alongside us and help us raise the necessary funds to be a resource to this community, to aging adults. And this is a great way for people to come and get excited about the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Oh indeed, quite like you said, you got a great auction, both silent and woud. Yes, you got some great music. That's not so silent. No, it's fact. It's strong, good yea. And of course the most delicious food God ever made.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, it's hard to beat dinks.
Speaker 1: It's hard. You can't. I can't anyway. But yeah, it's gonna be a great night. It always is. Now. I was only out there one time when we had a little inclement weather. But you know what, it had been so hot that day when it sprinkled at the tail end, and it only sprinkled. There are people running out of the tent going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll tell you, we say, and our tickets will say everything you see it says rain or shine. Oh yeah, we do this and uh, you know last year the barn Store Barnsdall tornado, which then came to Bartlesville. That was about four days before the barbecue, and it's we still had the the event and we will have it rain or shine, Yeah, we will have anyway.
Speaker 1: It's it's always great. It's a lot of fun. And this is a great way to you know, run into your friends or maybe even folks you do business with, to do a little networking out there. Nobody's gonna notice, nobody's gonna that's But the thing is you might come home with something really cool from that auction. Well usually you do.
Speaker 2: And it is the Saturday before Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's say it.
Speaker 2: Just buy something for mom for your wife at that auction. She'll thank you later.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you bet you, you bet you. Once again, we get the tickets right there at the about eldercare dot org website. Yes, and of course you can find out about all the amazing programs that you have at Eldercare at the very same website too, by the way, that's very easy to navigate.
Speaker 2: Good, that's good to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know this is coming from a fellow for who's in the mid or sixty and you know, playing on the computer and sometimes you know, a little bit more time than what I want to spend. But This gets me where I want to go, and it gets me there fast, and it's quick and easy to understand too, So it's well done. Whoever's in charge of that, that's.
Speaker 2: Off, well, we're there's a lot of hands that help make that.
Speaker 1: Let's all right, Okay, we'll just leave it at that. Go team, And if we want to find out more about the rest pit care, both the Tuesday and Thursday offerings, can we find it there too.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can go to the website and uh, there's an there's a page specifically about the caregiver support. You could also just call us nine one eight three three six eighty five hundred. Phone works just fine. You can you can ask to speak with me. You can. They can let you know at the front desk as well, web or phone. Just if you want your questions answered, just reach out and we'll be happy to help.
Speaker 1: Now, tell everybody where you located.
Speaker 2: So we're located at twelve twenty three Swan Drive. So if you know where Walmart is, which is Green Country Village is right across the street, then you just keep turning south se roof. We've got a gigantic green roof and great facility. I'm happy to give anyone a tour. Everyone who I have been fortunate enough to give a tour, they always say, well, how many people live here? And we go, oh, there, we don't have residents. We're here to help you age in place with dignity and independently as long as possible. And so that's why we exist.
Speaker 1: The only things that reside out there Foundation Therapy, found and the clinic and they don't live there, but I mean they have their offices there sure, and they're there to help you too.
Speaker 2: Between Foundation Therapy, which is our physical therapy department, we have our partnership with chc OK, which is a healthcare clinic with two doctors and a PA. They have on site lab, they have on site pharmacy as well. At that our daybreak is there, and then our in home services and our case management services all happen. You know, if you think of Eldercare, Eldercare is the big umbrella, but underneath it there none of those organizations, which there are organizations, but none of those services could exist without the umbrella of Eldercare being there first. So to give the quality one on one physical therapy care that you get with Foundation that doesn't happen outside of the umbrella of Eldercare, our in home services, our case management, chc OKA Daybreak. It's just a it's a fantastic family of organizations. I hate to say the word organizations because Eldercare is the organization, but it's a fantastic group that help, group of help, and that's what we are. We are the resource for for Northeast Oklahoma for aging services and it's it's it's exciting to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: You're about ready to bust your buttons. You so, braud, that's cool. Tell you what, folks, you buy yourself a ticket and let's make sure that Eldercare goes another forty years. And that is the good.
Speaker 2: That is the good, the good, the bad, and the barb barb you And of course.
Speaker 1: You get the tickets there at the website or just drop by. Hey, thank you very much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Michael, thank you, Tom.
Speaker 1: Michael Coola with us here my community connection