Speaker 1: No no, no, no no. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to the Predator retrospective. This is the retrospective for Predator Too. I am King Willie tres Now and I'm joined by.
Speaker 2: El Scorpio, Broklynbetzer.
Speaker 3: I'm the rush Hour Rambo Taylor Field Taylor.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you didn't take all Scorpio.
Speaker 2: I was surprised too. I had my notes, but I'm like, oh, there's gonna be two people. I'm gonna enter the room.
Speaker 5: Both of you guys are gonna have it.
Speaker 6: No, it's good, but it's it's too It's too branded for me. I like, Bill Paxton's a highlight for me in this movie, and it was one of my favorite one liners.
Speaker 3: He drops Bill.
Speaker 1: Bill Paxton, who in this movie at the age of forty two is described as kid, which I got a good gigle lot of Danny glever Keet referring to him as a kid, and I looked at over Emily, I'm like, not saying he's old.
Speaker 4: The rest piece. Bill Paxson.
Speaker 1: Bill Paxson, you make a list of the top ten greatest character actors in the world. He's on there that guy fucking delivered it in every movie he was in. It only got to be killed by the Terminator as Xenamore fin a predator, very great honor and stuff, but like he always delivers one hundred percent. But when Anny Clever called him kid, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, kid, he's a lone ranger and that's what he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything with who he's referring to his age here, my.
Speaker 4: Kid, I'm like, give me a look. Like he was forty two during this movie.
Speaker 1: And granted Danny callersak nine years old of them, but kid, and like they were trying to play him up as like a young hot shot guy and kind of that. But when he was forty two, no, man, like he still had a little crow's feet there. But uh yeah, I got a good giggle out of that, and maybe we'll get a giggle out of Geekers podcast because that's what we do to Where can they find us?
Speaker 6: Leat, gentlemen, You can find us with your net connection in the search bar. Geek First dot Say is our home base. Geek First casts are Twitter and geek First He's our Facebook. I'm sorry, I just I paused because I was trying to think how could I work in.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, surveillance, this is my specialty. I was trying to work that in, but I couldn't pull it off.
Speaker 5: So I built.
Speaker 4: About sex scene that we got the ultra zoom into.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh my god, I'm like, like, what predator is about to be revealed here? No, it's just a woman ferociously boning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was expecting titties either. That was a wild a little wild sign of phone.
Speaker 4: I don't care. We're going in and out right, Yeah, we're dying links.
Speaker 1: Down below you know where to find us. We're putting out a bunch of content and everything like that. We want to talk about this fucking movie and everything like that. Patreons, Let's get our brand out there.
Speaker 4: For the people. Uh, where are you? Where are lovely patrons? Everyone that's listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all the patrons, thank you, and a big thank you to the producer Tears, Aaron Bray, April Darkness, Carrotree, Small and Bigs and Joshua Right, and yeah, I'm very excited to talk about uh, Joshua Wright's retrospective because when you join the Phase four tier, you get to pick a retrospective and he's picked the mister fantastic Fox or I always keep saying the fantastic mister Fox, so that I've.
Speaker 3: Never seen that. That's a little interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in August we're gonna be doing that for him and you can go pick your movie there. But tonight we're talking about Predator too, so we'll we'll put the sex scene aside because we're definitely gonna jump to that right away.
Speaker 4: What I will say about.
Speaker 1: This movie because I feel like I'm the probably the most down at it, but I'm not down it. I still would I don't know if it's a six or something, still would pass it. But I think the differences between Predator and Predator two is they both kind of feel a little bit like a B movie, right, like a monster action just just monster versus man, gun toting girls swearing, big muscles, stuff like that. They have all these you know, cool moments. I feel like the first Predator is when you can see what happens when like a B movie monster movie is directed by like a great director, and this is when it's directed by a not so great director, and this feels it's it's a nineteen ninety seven movie, which is crazy because this is only two years away from the Matrix. It does not feel like it's that goes. This feels more like an eighties movie than The Predators in my opinion as far as like the quality of it. It feels so cheesy. But the thing is what I have with this movie, it's just fun. It's a good time. In all those classics, I feel like Taylor. You could like Kirkland too, but I feel like Taylor more so because we're big, like fends a lot of horror franchises like Michael Myers and Jason. This definitely feels like those later sequels in those franchisers, just like we're just gonna put Jason on a boat going to New York and he's gonna cause mayhem, right, And even then, the first Predator doesn't have that many storylines, but it has a little you know, interlinking story, has some great characters, and I think there's some entertaining characters here. It just does feel one hundred percent like this is always the lesser than of the first one, where like when we get to Predators, you can't even compare. You can obviously will rank them at the end, but you can't compare Predator Predators because there's such different movies and stuff. This is literally like we're gonna do a very similar movie but put it in New York City, the concrete jungle, stuff like that. So I enjoy the movie. I had a lot of fun. I think we're gonna have a lot of fun this retrospective. But you can definitely feel like it is a step down from the other one. And this is honestly, I think maybe like the time, have only seen this movie, and I think, do you guys ever remember back in the day on satellite TV there was something called like the Horror channeled or like the Horror Network, and they would just play like animated side or they just would play like horrns like horror, horror, sci fi movies, horror movies. Have you ever heard of this? It was just Canada exclusive or no. So my Grandm's on.
Speaker 2: Channel you said, like the Horror Channel. I'm like, I think I had access to some of those channels at.
Speaker 1: A certain well that was that, Yeah, that one of the scenes was from that too. That Hildings scene we're gonna talk about, that's in the Horror Channel for sure. But the Horror Channel, yeah, you know, yeah, a lot of boys were aby repeating Predator too, like Mama want that for Christmas? Like fuck, like the Arnold movie didn't have some girl getting like and so here's the funny thing about that story quickly is I was watching this while the girls were around, but they were off in the kitchen playing stuff because I knew what this movie is gonna be. And even the first Predator there's some vines, but it's not that bad. You don't see the Predator. The kills are very quick, so I'm like, okay, And as I was referring to, I've I think it's my third, maybe second time full way through seeing this because I don't know where I am when we do the rank. Actually I think I know now, but at the time I would always rank this last. It's like I didn't want to return to that much. I like Danny Glover, I like Bill Pack. Somebody didn't have much reason to. But I had forgot a lot of this movie. And when they started on this building scene and this woman's just getting real, like actually she's not getting real. She's doing the rail lane and just the idea of it starts on the lawn. It's like The Dark Knight when the Jokers are on the bank, starts in the longest zoom way and zooms in like three times in the buildings before you can actually see the woman riding this man and then they just go aharkad And I just said, Emma, like look at this. She's like, yeah, I'm not doing that because like the what this woman's doing is not sex. She looks like she's physically attacking this man, like it's that classic where her hips are there's no penis there. She is just like thrusting herself into the guy's stomach. But she is like full It's a full porn scene, that whole and even when they stop it, she's it's full of front doal like and that's where feels so like just so even.
Speaker 4: More b rate like straight to DVD type of one.
Speaker 1: So I enjoy my time with it, but it's nowhere near the greatness of the first one. I know we're gonna talk about that scene more, but I just had to tell my end, and because the second was that once I went the building, I hit the pause, Bunton, and my watching the Predator two was over until the kids were asleep, because I did not know how, and I was glad because it got worse from there that scene. But right when I say, oh, what are they zooming in on? And you hear some stuff and then you say like, Okay, nope, this is over. I'll wait till later. But that was my experience with Predator too. Kirka patsir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is the first time I've seen this movie. Honestly, a lot of it. Yeah was surprising, said nineteen ninety seven at the beginning, But I was shocked that this actually came out nineteen ninety It was just like it was doing that seven years in advance things that actually, yeah, yeah, that makes me feel better.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel better. Then this is not two years from the Matrix Center. Yeah, I feel better. It feels closer to an eighties movie. And now that explains it's only one year away, so you know what. Okay, thank you Crookling for that knowledge.
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: But still it like like seven years in the future, like like why why that? Just because like I don't know, like was the nineties they had some gang violence maybe, and then they just predicted that, Oh, let's just say, in seven years is gonna be fallout war.
Speaker 5: And there's predators and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but nonetheless, yeah, So Predator one I had seen like like maybe on TV and didn't really remember much of the movie, but I know that i'd seen it. This one I definitely hadn't seen, and I was very very because I didn't look up at like any screenshots or anything. I didn't know if Arnie was in it or whatnot.
Speaker 5: So I went in.
Speaker 2: Extremely blind and it made it very very fun because it starts and it's like on the ground, like jungle music basically, So I'm like, Okay, where where's Arnie? You know, like does this start off right with him? And it just goes to like Los Angeles ninety nine seven. I'm like, oh okay, like this is like this.
Speaker 5: Is completely different.
Speaker 2: And then the radio is like uh And I'm not going to detail the whole movie, but right at the beginning, it's just like, oh yeah, los Angeles having a record high heat temperature. So I'm like, oh, okay, they're just this is why the Predators are.
Speaker 4: I'm prime for the Predator.
Speaker 2: And like, man, the first like ten minutes, like we were talking about quickly in the chat today, but man, first two ten minutes this episode or this episode, geez.
Speaker 5: This movie. What a ride that was.
Speaker 2: Like, first of all, great budget on like the pyrotechnics and just car explosions, Like there was so much going on in the first five minutes of this but my opinion looked really good. But absolute chaos hell Scorpio.
Speaker 5: Just take that line. Fuck.
Speaker 2: I love that gift Taylor that you you dropped in the chat today of him just doing the line and just having that like cycle look like ready to.
Speaker 4: Go and actually came to play. He was there like he did not phone it in.
Speaker 2: And that was that probably wasn't even like fake cocaine. That was that was the real deal with his reaction nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: These people fought like Danny Glever when he's covered, then that's real coke.
Speaker 4: They just got that he walked on the set and they're like, just use this.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So all in all though, I had a really fun time watching this movie. I think I'm pretty positive on it, and I don't know if it's because I was able to really enjoy the cheesy stuff. Like when we were talking about the First Predator, I was saying, how, yeah, it's cheesy, but I feel like what makes it cheesy is that this was like the first big cheesy movie like this that like kind of just set where like where we are now. People like make fun of movies like what The Predator was, but like on its own, like that was just so grand breaking. You have Arnie and his prime like just dropping those one liners like when he throws the knife and just yeah, like like slice see yeah, I don't remember what it was, but it's like slice it around or something like that, And it was it was more of that, but in a different setting. I think on paper, I liked just I liked what was going on. I liked the idea of having a predator in the urban jungle, concrete jungle, as you mentioned, Travis, I think that's I think it was all really fun, definitely has problems, not a perfect movie by any means. I think the Predator himself looked really good, like in this movie, especially in the last one.
Speaker 5: What year is it nineteen eighty? Do you just saybody, I'll look it up.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's eighty four. Isn't it eighty four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it's it's seemed like.
Speaker 4: The eighty six. I think it's eighty six maybe.
Speaker 6: Like that, But.
Speaker 5: What do we say eighty seven. There you go, You're close.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like they just the practical like costume of the Predor looked really good in my opinion, especially jumping from the last movie.
Speaker 5: The invisibility still not quite where we are. We are in technically had to narrow down.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I think it's maybe better than the first one, but maybe not because it was shown a little bit less and in the first one, which gives it that intensity, but like a little bit more of his gadgets. Like I think all the stuff with the Predder was raised in this movie for me, whether it was him like hanging the bodies and stuff like that, that stuff.
Speaker 5: Was really good. So all in all, like I actually really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I'm expect I'm excited to talking about definitely some characters, like Bill Paxson's character. Man, some of the lines he was dropping, I had to just stop writing them down because I was writing down like some of these like quotable moments that he was having them, like this is just like everything he says is like a joke and like just this really cheesy quote thing or you know, like in the first movie, I did that one dude dropping like just dirty jokes, or when he was talking about like his girlfriends with Jina and how it was like echoeen Like it seemed like Bill Paxton was kind of like that character, just he had a little bit more than that throwing character.
Speaker 5: But I'll pass the Taylor because I was rambling there.
Speaker 3: But did I feel, oh, yeah, so this movie is.
Speaker 6: It's It's definitely uh a classic like memory for me, nostalgia wise, because I remember when I didn't want to get into the Aliens yet, but I was talking to my dad like, let's get into the pret Ors, like I want to know about it because my dad just said, tell me about them. And so got into the movie the first movie that was great, and then the second one was already out, so okay, let's get into the second one. And went to the movie store rented it, and uh, I think it was for my birthday. I was still pretty We rented on VHS acts specifically, and oh my god, yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: Getting giddy for your story.
Speaker 6: That was just wild because it's so different from the first one in terms of like what's going on, because yeah, this woman is just going full animal on this.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for just me and my dad. Just me and my dad's like.
Speaker 1: My parents to separate this movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dad, it was like, we got.
Speaker 3: To show it to me. My mom didn't want me to see it, so they just split. They divorced. But yeah, it's just it has.
Speaker 6: So many things in it that I really really love, but it's for me. It's not it's not comparable like to the first one.
Speaker 3: It's definitely below it. I'd have to say that it's just it's granted. But sorry, no, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say I thought that I had while watching it was like, like, I because I like the.
Speaker 5: Idea of the concrete jungle it.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would have fit more if this was like the Fourth Predator, you know, like like you know when you have like The Friday and the Fourth Predator.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: You no, you have you've seen the Fourth Predator. It's called the Predator.
Speaker 5: Oh the Predator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the fourth one that's back Suburban Okay, fair.
Speaker 4: Enough, I guess so, I guess so.
Speaker 1: But we saw that just because they're back in the movie or the town doesn't mean we're getting good stuff, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Like Taylor was saying, though, is like the first one is just so it's so hard to compete with because that first concept of just like the jungle, like these gorilla or like Vietnam type fighters, like they just really fit what that first Predator was, whereas I felt like it was just a big jump to all of a sudden just go to Los Angeles in the second movie, I was gonna compare it to like, uh, like Friday the Thirteenth when Jason's just all of a sudden like in New York randomly like he's not.
Speaker 4: We talked about that when you're chasing after Marcoing.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, but uh but yeah, sir, sorry, it was just the thought that I had, well I was watching. Yeah, it was just like I feel like this should have happened later, Like I feel like maybe I should have had some more jungle comment.
Speaker 6: But the whole beginning part of this movie, Like again, I like how they set it up, like, oh, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get back into Amazon jungle what not?
Speaker 6: Because they show you like the forest and music, and all of a sudden, like boom, they show you the city and I got I got sick because that, Wow, this is cool, like concrete jungle like this is great gang wars and everything.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: I just imagine the one person had no idea what this being, like, fuck real back to juggle hell yeah, and then just switches the loss and listening.
Speaker 4: You're like, fuck.
Speaker 5: In a good way.
Speaker 2: In a good way though, Well that was yeah, that was my reaction, but without like a pro like a like a puzz of negative.
Speaker 5: It was just like, oh, this and this is what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: And finally, in twenty twenty, after what the one came in nineteen eighty seven, nearly like forty years, we're finally going back to like a jungle type predator versus a great and I guess you can kind of count predators by don't because that's on a fucking planet a predator.
Speaker 4: So it's like that's very sci fi. Where this next one like it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of weird that pray it took all this time and we're actually kind of going back to like a jungle wooded area with no like we're going back there, and look how long it took to get back there.
Speaker 4: You think they would have done that already and they hadn't.
Speaker 6: So well, they did it in different ways, like a VP two specifically of that.
Speaker 4: Those are not cannon, those are.
Speaker 3: No those are canon.
Speaker 6: Officially, the Predator officially indoctrinates into Cannon.
Speaker 4: What does that mean the Predator and do in the canon.
Speaker 6: The Predator had east eggs in there that directly tie into a VP's timeline.
Speaker 5: I thought we.
Speaker 1: Talked about like before the Drugg was like, yeah, that those movies aren't to do with this one.
Speaker 6: I'll do This isn't spoiler, but in the Predator, when you see the display case, you see the actual spear that the Predator and a VP made for the survivor humans of the check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it ties into those that timeline.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till we get those alien and then these and you know what, because Disney owns them both, fucking run it back. Let's give us a third a VP, give the like you can't do it, let's do it. Let's get fucking wild here and know what they're gonna do. They're gonna do in a fucking comic book and that's the best you'll get.
Speaker 4: But Disney, come on, put on fucking Hulu, let's go. Let's let's stop fucking around.
Speaker 3: So this the level of like one to one hundred.
Speaker 6: When this movie kick starts is just nuts because you get predator vision.
Speaker 3: He's scoping out the sights.
Speaker 6: And he's like checking out, Like okay, so we're in with the preadtor's perspective. He's looking first hunt. We're already familiar without the predator is moving very fast, so we were familiar with everything that's gonna like in terms of predator stuff, We're familiar.
Speaker 5: We know is m O.
Speaker 6: So I like that they just give us predator right up the hop and just give us absolute all out fucking war. Scorpions are doing fucking cocaine, They're shooting.
Speaker 3: Up the streets all at war.
Speaker 6: These cops are bleeding out on the road, and here comes uh, Lieutenant Harrigan. He just throws some fucking bulletproof vests on his car, takes his door off, and just fucking goes in there like a badass.
Speaker 4: Like impressed he was.
Speaker 3: He was very impressed.
Speaker 4: Preer was turned on. He's like, fuck, I can't want to fight this guy.
Speaker 6: Oh he just wants to look at his skull and everything like he's just all over that.
Speaker 3: So just it was just.
Speaker 6: One to one hundred, just all the excitement and just like the thrill, the fight and all that jazz, and there's so many just subtle moments of the Predator, and I'll just kind of like round off my thoughts here of this intro. The one scene where the Scorpion is like he's so fucked up on cocaine and he's on the roof and he's like looking at Erican's like approaching him like freeze, asshole, and he's like the scorpions looking around this two mac tents, totally coked out of his fucking mind. And then when he sees the Predator jump and his reaction like he just works his fucking Mac tens up. And yeah, Don Glover, sorry, Denny Glove, We're just the names are so close. Danny Glever just fucking lights him up and just drops him when he falls. And it gets me every fucking time. The way they film that scene where his head just comes up. I always say, this fucker coked out, he survived, just brace the impact. But no, it's just the hand picking them up. But the movie just it's it's very nostalgic and it'll stand for more reasons that I'll explain as we progress through this retro.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go. Let's take our first ad break and then we're gonna continue talking about prother Or too, so we'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I want to start the hotel scene because that's where we saw the apartment sex scene, because we've already talked about it. I shared my portion of it. But again, you guys talk about the movie ramping up two hundred. It does like at the beginning and then they like cool down for a little bit. You're Danny Glover's meeting his new partner, this and that, but then anytime action is around, it just goes tenfold. All the fucking train scene we're gonna talk about later, this scene right here ending.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I thought the predator fight with Arnold was long. This ending, man, it's just such an extended set piece.
Speaker 4: But this this whole like apartment hotel killing, whatever it may be. Man, what a what a what a scene?
Speaker 1: All of it was, from starting with this this ferocious sex scene, to the gang coming in to doing voodoo and the predators comes in and he just fucking destroys everybody, and you got lots of naked people, you got the naked do hang upside down. This woman, like I said, She's just fully nude, head to toe, full frontal for like five minutes. She's just running around nude and whatnot. And that tells you everything you need to know about this movie. If I was to like summarize the movie, one just watched this scene and that's what the movie's like, you know.
Speaker 5: Voodoo magic Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That was a wild scene honestly for obviously how it how would open, but also just what followed, like with just like the what were they called, like the Jamaican Voodoo Gang whatever the hell?
Speaker 5: I think they had a different name.
Speaker 2: But something close that was their name, that gang or something, so like that crew. It was just a momentere I'm like I had to like remind myself this is a Predator movie, Like it just felt like very separate of a plot of like this is just gang Wars. Like we're not even where I watch a pro movie. It's like the Predator is just viewing Gang Wars. Like there's so many different uh, gangs and factions that have already been introduced, like up until it's or up until because like how how far into the movie do you think this was happened? In this ravage sex scene, like first half an hour ten minutes.
Speaker 4: No, it's not the first ten minutes.
Speaker 5: No, I think there's a tailor he started on that scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because this movie is like an hour. It's like two hours, right, I feel like it's about forty minutes in the sex scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our forty forty minutes. No.
Speaker 4: I just remember pausing and being like, oh, this is how much I have left or something. If it's not forty minutes, it's more what it's gonna bring it up. He has it on his av repeat. He's like just hang on, still playing in the background, but it's still going. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's one of those movies where, uh, when you hear some movies that kind of went down the wrong path where they wrote it as one movie and then they like took the script and like, oh, this could be a predator movie, like let's add the Predator in here.
Speaker 4: There's definitely times where it feels like that where this could have been a separate movie, like, well, we could.
Speaker 1: Add the Predator to this, and they do that because this seemed the middle like there's tension going on, nothing to do with the predator, but out of like all the places, the Predator's just hanging out in this you know, apartment building or host or whatever you want to call it, and he's just in the shafts, and I guess this is where he wanted to get his next kill.
Speaker 4: Like maybe there's a plot point that I missed of how he got there.
Speaker 1: But obviously, just like, okay, he needs to go around and kill people, and I will see he gets some brutal kills. There's one point, my favorite kill that is he like backclaws a dude and he like throws them against.
Speaker 4: The wall and it was violent. He's like and he went right there.
Speaker 1: There's some violent stuff, and this predator was not messing around. He dispatched these people quickly and viciously.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Uh, Like I was talking about, I just like the Predator more in this movie versus the last one, just because we're getting more of them, Like we're getting more close ups.
Speaker 5: Like the costume looks really good.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like I was really railing on that one scene when he's first dating himself and it just like it just looked like he had like a first day from Lendon drugs, you know, and he's just like in this movie too. Yeah, but you know, I think I had a pass because it didn't it didn't clearly look like these plastic like fingers like like just moving because there's like clearly just a suit. Like it looked pretty damn good, and we just got more gadgets from him, like in general, like we finally got like that blade which didn't look the best, like the saw blade that he throws. I I know specifically it's an AVP because I remember using in that one. And again, I haven't seen that movie in a long time, so go easy on me, but I remember it looking pretty damn good, and just like his overall weapons in this one, I thought looked really good too, and specifically that net that is a really iconic one for me. Like it's just when he when he like just squishes you and then it just like pushes and yeah, like when it's just like oh, it's so brutal, Yeah, and it's so funny. Like I feel like I've seen AVP like twenty two times, Like all my predater knowledge is mostly from that movie. I'm not realizing how little just specific predator knowledge I have because like I said, like this is the first time I'm seeing the second one. I really didn't know the first one, Like I thought I did so, but uh yeah, so the voodoo magic stuff. When when the gang came in, it was just like the dude's doing like a blood sacrifice, like he's doing like.
Speaker 5: A symbol on the dude's chest and he's just like it's not enough. I gotta take your soul.
Speaker 2: It's just like, holy shit, okay, we're doing DoD some blood cult rituals and you just got like the full naked chick right there.
Speaker 5: Like it was just a weird dynamic.
Speaker 2: But I will say like the after math chaos, like Travis, you're mentioning some of the combat in that sequence of him just fucking up the gang members, Like that was all really fun for me. And when the cops come to investigate it afterwards. I love how they enter like the room and there's just bodies like everywhere, Like it's just it's one of those things where if you put yourself in the shoes of those cops, like entering that room, like what the fuck happened here?
Speaker 5: Like like we.
Speaker 4: They think it's this is part of the food they.
Speaker 2: Do, yeah, and it's it's just like a hell house like seeing you know, and like or even earlier on, like when they first kind of experienced The Predator when when El Scorpio is running from and there's just that body like hanging on the roof. It's just like, what could really be doing this?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And I think that pattern is just really interesting for me, and something that is always.
Speaker 5: Or let me rephrase that.
Speaker 2: Something I love about The Predators is like the initial when when the humans are just like seeing like his work, like seeing like the body's just hanging there, or like seeing the first head that's just like ripped off, and it's just like, what the fuck are we dealing with here? So I really like that portion, even though it started very very weird, very very bizarre, and we have like World War five going on.
Speaker 5: The start of this movie.
Speaker 1: It's just a collection of set pieces which I still all enjoy, but it's like the war gangs there. We talked about the train one, which I think the train one's one of the better ones. You got this sex scene into the voodoo thing. You have the very awkward scene to me of I like it of King Willie and Danny Glover meeting in the alleyway and Danny Glover leaves and then five seconds.
Speaker 4: Later King Willy's fighting the Predator. Like it's just super odd and it's like it's so weird, like he hears him, he sees the invisible thing.
Speaker 1: They're getting ready to fight, and I I love the transition but we we didn't gonna fight.
Speaker 4: But I love the transition where he's just screaming and they hard cut to his head with his mouth open to look like he screamed, but it's not. It's actually his head cut off.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 4: Good, but I wish I don't know what. It just feels like they were setting up for like a huge fight and then no, just cut. He fucking destroyed King Willie, even the whole third act of No, we know these things are aliens and we got to take him down. Where even then I hate like it's classic metrope. They don't want to kill the predator that.
Speaker 1: They want to study the predators, like okay, but that's another piece of we're gonna have a rain and ice and stuff.
Speaker 4: So it just felt like they had.
Speaker 1: Let's put the predator in New York whatever, concrete jungle. Uh are some cool set pieces, okay, there there there, And then I feel like, lastly, it's like what are the characters or plotlines? Like oh, we could add a rookie here, a young guy who was forty two. We can add you know, this voodoom mafia thing. We can add Gary Busey, And they're like, for a simple movie, there's so much fucking shit going on. We can add Gary Busey, who is like just going around and the whole movie. I feel like I felt like I knew this kind of remembering it, but in the first time, it's just like, you know, he's kind of not trying to help out, but you know he has some sort of he's not just Danny Glover effect. Anytimes he sees Gary Busey or the other guy's helping Gary Busey. That's a part of the alien things. Yeah, he just like fucking grabs him by the college like you what to fuck with me?
Speaker 4: You want to? Like you want to Like it's just like he just is so violent and he's just so like up in their face.
Speaker 1: And they reveal like, oh, we're here to like take down this alien thread or look into it and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But again, there's so much going off. The gangs, the partners, Danny Glove or the predators, the alien like kind of research team and stuff like that. There is so many storylines.
Speaker 1: But the good thing is these people get killed off pretty quick, so you don't have to deal with these storylines.
Speaker 6: You know, true Keys didn't hold back when Harrigan would lose his shit on him, like, you keep getting my way, you're gonna turn up missing.
Speaker 3: Just fucking drops.
Speaker 4: Who turns up missing? That's what I feel like. That makes sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were talking about the technology there a little bit of the Predator. Kirkland, I am so in love with that. That's one of the big things for me with Preader hunting grounds. When they brought the Jungle or the City Hunter, they added all his his gizmos and gadgets, and he's just he's so cool because when he's fighting in the penthouse he whips out his spears the first time we see that. We get to see the net gun and all these cool new things that we didn't see in the first movie. And this Predator was just one that felt so much more like younger obviously and just more decked out with what he was operating with. He had a plasma caster from his gauntlet, which was super cool. He had his blade, he had like the metal shooter thing, and that came out of his gauntlet as well, like he was just, yeah, well up, why do.
Speaker 5: You say obviously younger? Like what what about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was wondering.
Speaker 3: I can't remember where a Beard I was.
Speaker 6: I was in the forums though, but I remember deep in the forums that he is a younger Preadator than the first one.
Speaker 5: Was obviously younger than like if you had to go deep into.
Speaker 6: The forums, Yeah, that's like how many like coils are on his dreadlocks or whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'll look.
Speaker 6: Up when someone else goes I look up where I saw that information. But no, he It's just I love this preader so so much, just with what he's capable of and what he's doing, and yeah, his weaponry when he's like healing his hand and he has like the little like like remote pedical thing that just shoots the flame and he's like got the wrong Like he breaks the mirror, crumples that up and then pours his blue ooze on it and makes this like thing.
Speaker 3: It's so cool because like what is he doing and it.
Speaker 2: Gets like I was shitting on the one from the last movie. It's it's still first aid, kid, but it just it looks a little more alien, you know, he's got a cool carrying for it. And then like you mentioned, Taylor's doing actually some chemistry. He's burning some things, putting some weird goo on there with the glass. So I think that's why it was a little bit better for me. It's one of those things that it's just like they still feel like they have to just show off that he's very resourceful. The predators are that, like I understand that's that's a trade of theirs. There's a couple other like predator characteristics that I feel like I never really noticed. They shined in the last movie, and they they tripled on it this movie. It's it feels it's like just too quickly, you know, shout it out. I like, I think it's like the mocking aspect of it when he just like learns like like come get the candy, you know, like they like he just learns how to like fuck with the psyche of.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 5: It's very weird.
Speaker 1: He may know because when he learns a kid, they're like, okay, at some point he's gonna say it to some adults like lure him out, almost like the first one where he got the phrase he said and the guy like turn and then they got him trapped. You already have Bill packs and dead's the rights. He's up against the door just like you want some candy. Like very strange, very strange choice that made little sense.
Speaker 2: And like I feel like I didn't realize that they ever did that because again, like I've never seen this one.
Speaker 5: I vaguely remember the first one.
Speaker 2: All my memories kind of come from a VP, and I feel like they don't talk in that one at all. I'm probably wrong, but I feel like they don't. It just seems like they only really do it to taunt them. Actually no, sorry, Like you mentioned Travis the scene in the last movie, like he actually did it to like distract the guy, you know, to like change his focus. So it has some use there, But it's just certain traits that the predators have. It's just like I kind of wish they didn't have it where they just feel the need to just like, yeah, just come get the candy or like you know, like I felt like a lot of Bill Paxson's characters lines that were so corny and cheesy. I was waiting for the predator to actually take one of them, like come to Daddy or like one of those lines or.
Speaker 5: The what was the other one?
Speaker 2: Like a butt buddy when we was talking about the or what was that? I wrote down the butt boys?
Speaker 1: But I wish he took, you know line I wish she took. I wish she took Dany Glover's line of you're ripping my dick off and shoving up my asshole. Now, okay, what do you want to say, Taylor?
Speaker 3: No, keep going, keep going?
Speaker 4: Okay that I know that was not the specific one, because I think it's just you're tearing off my dick and shoved my ass What a fucking expression? Like what like like that almost as beats the whole blade, like sometimes some motherfucker's just kind of trying to ice skate up hill, but like, you're shoving my dick. So you're tearing you're ripping my dick off and shoving up my ass What imagery? What a scenario being And I'm definitely gonna take that in the future and use that because that who thought of that line? Who thought that?
Speaker 1: I'm using it as not even respect like because it's like so bad, it's so good. But there was another one. I didn't appreciate them doing this moment. This is where it felt like bad sequel. So at the end when the mask comes off. Uh, there's two things that he called them. One, Danny Clever call him pussy face, and then they like literally like zoom in kind of on the prayer's mouth to emphasize like, look, it looks like a pussy face, like that was a choice. But the other one is when the mask comes off, he repeats the Arnold line. He says, you're a one ugly and then the predator pushes him off and says, motherfucker. I didn't know if I needed Predator saying motherfucker like that in the speech, and I didn't appreciate that. And uh, I didn't appreciate the motherfucker either in that moment.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're really just trying to repeat that line from the first one.
Speaker 5: Yes and says at this.
Speaker 4: Time, what if he says, this time that's the writing room. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck, Like I feel like I passed it in the first one because it's like this is the first Predator, Like I'm expecting to get these cheesy lines, but them just holding onto this moment. It's not even Arnie that does it. You know, no disrespect to Danny Glover, but he's not Arnie.
Speaker 4: So and I liked any Glover, but no one could be Arnie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, no one could be Ernie. If the pressures say the line, then it's still it still rubs me the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Honestly, anytime the Predator's like saying words, I think I would have liked it better if he just had like an audio to a vice that would like record specific.
Speaker 5: That's probably how he's doing it, isn't it. Or actually no, because he said motherfucker without his masks, so that's not he learned.
Speaker 4: The word motherfucker?
Speaker 1: Is that how much I swear in Los Angeles, New York? They were in LA right, that's where they were. Yeah, that's how much I swear in Los Angeles. The predator learned motherfucker.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't take long to learn motherfucker if you're there, I mean.
Speaker 4: English.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you drop in on a bunch of like scorpion guys doing cocaine and like I mean.
Speaker 4: And can learn English.
Speaker 6: Now, well, predators can always learn English. We learned that in the first movie.
Speaker 4: But he didn't. He have the mask with that nod, remember he did that terrible laugh. Well, that's what's.
Speaker 5: Weird to me.
Speaker 2: Because not only does he learn the language, but he literally repeats the line like exactly.
Speaker 5: It's like he's mystique, like he's the.
Speaker 1: First or he's the first predator that went through that experience Arnold survive. And then he's gonna like say, oh, you do you mean like the cannon line to the motherfucker line.
Speaker 2: I'm saying all the lines because it sounds like he copies the voice of the person that he's that like. It's it's it's like he's mystique, like like he sounds like a kid when you want piece of candy. And that's why I always thought it was like an audio an audio recording thing, but no, they just they have this thing that they can just and again that's a power.
Speaker 5: I wish the kind of didn't have. I liked their look.
Speaker 2: I don't need them to talk the roar that they couldn't do like that would just be more menacing.
Speaker 1: But what you guys were talking about his first ave mad stuff. I forgot to put that out that one. Just imagine your next door and you hear this fucking predator screaming and man, what a terrible I'm moving on that scenario, but that was great the screams. They had that predator like yelling when he was like first a himself man. That felt brutal and it was like it was loud and.
Speaker 4: Again just cool.
Speaker 1: He's like breaking the apartment, he's getting a little holes to do stuff. He's looking for pad And then I really like that because I thought I kind of counted him out, but he felt that bailing was still in it, you know, and then he had he had to. He still kind of dies like a bit later, but I appreciate they kept trying. He had a lot of the green blood around him, and I liked that the green blood gone on Danny Glover too. A couple scenes he like had that glowing off him.
Speaker 4: But uh, predator still kind of went I won't say like a bitch, but I feel like he.
Speaker 1: Went one v one with Danny Glover, and Danny Glover beat him, you know, in his own ship. So that's kind of I don't think they're gonna honor him the past predator life whoever this predator is, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and that and then also in that scene when you have like the lady like her, there's someone in her bathroom and then the predator gets out of there. Fucking kicks down the door like on this lady basically, and then you just see like sprint to the front door. I'm spitting all over my monitor because that's a badly I'm laugh right now. But he just like kicks down and he doesn't just kick down the door. It's like the fucking wall around the door. He just kicks down and he just runs out of there. I literally left outloud when that happened. It's just it's so I think the shock factor really just pushed her over the edge for the comedy there. It was just expecting has.
Speaker 1: A lot of shock value where you're just saying, like, did that just happen? And it usually does absolutely answers yes, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel like when I said we were talking about some stuff, you had your hand up and then we never came back.
Speaker 6: Yes, I got some answers for you guys. So I knew I was the the xeno Pedia here. So the Jungle Hunter was a like a older you know blooded that was going about.
Speaker 4: Right now we're talking about because younger because.
Speaker 6: You wanted to know what was how I knew the City Hunter was younger or older. So the Jungle Hunter you're.
Speaker 5: Stuck on this ship with us Trouse. He was referred to.
Speaker 3: As where's the name? L diablo q has de los hombres. So that's what they.
Speaker 6: Referenced in the first that's what they referenced in the first name that was uh, Leona, I think, yeah, Leona.
Speaker 3: The lady in that that's said.
Speaker 4: No, no, not Leona.
Speaker 6: She was in preditor to the lady from the first Predder. She references that name to the jungle hunter because he's a reoccurring local and that keeps hunting there for the seasons when it gets really hot and then he kills.
Speaker 3: Now in the city hunter, Uh.
Speaker 6: He is a newly blooded city hunter and this was his first off world hunt that was on Earth. He sure failed, so that's why he was so proud of.
Speaker 3: He got a lot of trophies.
Speaker 4: I don't think. So that's like saying you like, let's say Krikling, you robbed a.
Speaker 1: Bank, and it's like, man, Krikling robbed the bank for three million, but then the next day you were.
Speaker 4: Shot and died. It's like, yeah, sure you robbed that bank at one point.
Speaker 6: But different though for predators, like if you die, you're literally your honor that's like the ultimate like thing died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't honor this fucking guy. He had so many chances. You know, he took Danny Glover out scene one and he didn't.
Speaker 6: You know, it's it's their downfall. Like at the same time.
Speaker 4: What is what specifically is their downfall that.
Speaker 6: They like to bait and toy with like their significant prey when they see like, Okay, this is definitely like a very prominent opponent. I think that's the youth in this one being cocky, just kind of like thinking he's top ship, letting Harrigan kind of get not to get the better hand.
Speaker 3: But he was cocky.
Speaker 6: He let the ow lf kind of cat like sneak up on him and get the better on him there too in the meat locker place, so that definitely backfired on him.
Speaker 3: But he adapted and proved himself.
Speaker 4: But those blades to the cows. When Gary Busey thought he had him dead to right.
Speaker 3: That was the wild love it.
Speaker 5: He's like, get out of here, I'm about to save your ass.
Speaker 4: He's mine. It's like, yeah, he destroyed you and not only your face was half burned, he just cut you down. Yeah, I could where we want to go next.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can talk about our protagonist a little bit, Nanny Glover. I again, like I was kind of waiting for a moment that they just bringing Arnie somehow in this movie.
Speaker 5: I was, yeah, movies again.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like that's the last card they have and they haven't done it yet. There was talking Predators, which we'll get there, but I feel like that's the last card Disney should be able to pull out, not for Prey, but if they could do one more Predator.
Speaker 5: He's just just pray.
Speaker 4: Even though it's a pretty equel. He's playing some apache chief and like.
Speaker 5: Like tattoos and ever, like he just looks like Arnie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone's really authentic because like he's not a Native American, Like why his accent.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't even try to mask it and he's just there. But uh no, I think that's the last card they gotta do before Arnie passes away. They got they got to bring Arnie back.
Speaker 1: It's definitely getting near the point where it might be impossible, but I feel like that's the last card.
Speaker 4: But I know he's never brought back in any of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a little sad there. He was just so phenomenal in that first movie. But Danny Glover, you know, I thought he was I thought he was a fun badass, uh like cop that just he didn't have time for for shit, you know, like he just wanted to get boots on the ground and really just really get shit done. I liked, like initially when his first partner, Angel Bautista, that's just one of my calm because that's just what I fucking saw with this character. I don't know what his name was in the movie. I got IMDb up here, Danny.
Speaker 4: But Angel.
Speaker 2: That was like actually though, like I'm like, how old is Angel Bautista in real life? No, there's no way this is actually him, right, And then I'm like his voice, this is this is him. But like when he when he I was gonna say passed away when he got fucking murdered by predator.
Speaker 4: That fredator kills you. You don't get to say my husband passed away.
Speaker 5: He did not pass He was thrown.
Speaker 4: Something passed through him, but he did not pass.
Speaker 2: So when he when he got fucked up, like uh lovers, Yeah, he took it hard and like really personal, like that was his his boy. Like they went fifteen years together on the streets, like went through so much shit together, and now it's like I don't have time for the political pull shit, like I need answers my own.
Speaker 5: I like that motivation from him there.
Speaker 2: I think a couple of the liners they're probably just dated because it just they just seemed weird, like an initial fight when he shows up. I don't know why, he just felt the need to be like hey, assholes, and then they like turn and he just like shoots like six dudes with the shotgun, when like, I feel like, you don't really want to give away your position when you're a number like that you have a pump action shotgun.
Speaker 5: But I digress. You know, there's the zero recoil on my weapon. And he fucked him up.
Speaker 2: He was the MVP that day, and like, you know, not really, I guess it's still about him. But when that scene ended, like he literally should have got like a medal of honor with what he did in that mission. You know, like he went in there with no flat jacket on the on the car just like head on rammed into like the l scorpion dudes. And then how does that scene end, Like his his boss just like rips his ass apart, basically rips his dick off, shows up his ass and then he just like he just like drives back to the police station like nobody's cheering him on, No one really like cares about what he did. He's just like basically he was so close to dining that day. But I felt bad for him. But all in all, I thought I thought he was a good enough Like we didn't get Arnold, so we have this guy. I thought I thought it was I thought it was a good enough protagonist to follow on.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm mean assure my thoughts on the protagonists. I have the sad break and we're back, and yeah, I feel like Danny Glover And this is not mean offensive him, but he fits like in that classic hey we can't get the big a start to do this film, Who's like a likable good actor that fits the b roll, Like if it's Arnold, what's to step down? And that is Danny Glover. But I like Danny Glover. You know, I liked him and saw leaf weapons and stuff, but I think he sawid lead. He gets a job done.
Speaker 1: He's just a pretty much angry cup and they do I think at least established he's angry because he's been here for so long and he's just gone through so much shit and everything.
Speaker 4: Now he's doing this alien but he's just so determined.
Speaker 1: Even at the end when they say, hey, we got a team to go take out the prayer, you just stay here, he still fucking just went inside.
Speaker 4: He didn't have to do that. He get a book, he coo, just sat there.
Speaker 6: But he goes on the radio and he's like, the lights you can see the goddamn lights.
Speaker 4: He's like, who is this clear?
Speaker 1: The Oh yeah, yeah, he definitely like is taking it personal, But in that point you should probably just go don't take it personal.
Speaker 4: Just sit up.
Speaker 1: But no, he he had a mission once he found out this predator. He's gonna fucking kill his predator.
Speaker 4: And he did.
Speaker 1: His homeboys took him and walked away, which is a scene I really liked. I like that them just showing this respect and bring in that. I kind of like the you got it. They gave him a gun, which is, you know, like an heirloom.
Speaker 4: Of the time.
Speaker 1: And oh so we talk about it on the retro last week, but seeing all the skulls, like the xenomorph, that's like such a nice little touch. But I like Danny Glover enough as an actor overall, so I liked him as the lead here. He got us to where we need to be. He can play like some of the emotional scenes quite good. He can play the hard ass quite good. Not like when the world's greatest actors, but enough that I can believe and want to watch the main characters.
Speaker 4: So that's what happened with me. Tanfield.
Speaker 6: You're talking about how like next character or next actor to kind of fit in that role as our main for this movie. Uh, I got like a trivia for the end. But I just feel like this is the best part. Just to throw this thing because I was fucking like chuckling reading this.
Speaker 3: It was so weird.
Speaker 6: But they actually instead of Danny Glover, they almost had I guess Steven Sagall really wanted the role. You guys know.
Speaker 4: About this fuck you know, I'm glad that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, So for Predator two's I'm gonna read this. This is fucking wild.
Speaker 6: First Predator twos thirtieth anniversary director Stephen Hopkins talked about almost casting Sigall in the sequel. Apparently Steven Stigell really won on the role, invited Hopkins over to.
Speaker 3: His house talk about the movie.
Speaker 6: Hopkins explained that it was one of the strangest experiences of his life, with Siegal showing off his gun collection and offering to launch grenades with the director.
Speaker 3: So and I.
Speaker 1: Sounds like what is this said? Like the possible unbearable weight of massive talent, sounds.
Speaker 3: Like so and I quote, I had to go.
Speaker 6: I have a meeting at his house, which is one of the craziest afternoons I've had. It was a bizarre Uh. He's very unusual, slightly twisted kind of guy. In the end, I couldn't see myself doing it with him. He was desperate to do it. I went to his house and he took me into a room where all the walls were covered with guns. He told me he wanted to play a CIA psychiatrist who was also a martial arts expert who carried a gun. He was clearly a little crazy at the time, and I was like, this is different than the way we're going, so I guess we shouldn't do it. He said, you know, I want you to come to my house and then a barber. He said, I've got a grenade launcher range there we can launch grenades together.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, great, we'll do that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm not a fan of his.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the gall is a weird fucking dude.
Speaker 3: That's insane, holy all there.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we almost had John Claude the last one. It's a goal in this one, so they would have had those action legend heroes in this. But uh nope, no cigall and everything like that. What did you, Taylor feel feel about our lead? Or do you want us to go somewhere else?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Repeat the question?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about our lead? Or if you have nothing?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: He was?
Speaker 6: I mean full of rage. Again, He's the main character in this Dan Lever Like, whenever I watch this movie, I just feel like I'm sweating, Like I'm sweating right now in this huts, like it's.
Speaker 4: Like top Maverick.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: When when he's on screen, it just immediately turns into like his pits are always sweat. He goes into his office, he changes his shirt like it's just this is the this movie is heat wave, and I just you could watch it on like a below thirty day and you'd still be sweat And I feel like so, But again.
Speaker 4: He's could be twenty nine, which is pretty warm.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, well that's true. He's he's angry, he's pissed off. Like when he's after I think the things with Danny, he like comes out of like his office and you see keys like thirty feet away, slowly going down the stairs, and he's like full on sprints after Drum and he always just pissed off. And even that, I feel like he did a really good job portraying this, like this grizzly cop that's just trying to survive these gang wars and just do the right thing and do the best.
Speaker 5: That he can.
Speaker 6: That scene where he is like no keys, the lights, goddamn lights, and he's like clear the line and he like he turns to uh, he turns to look at the guy guarding the door and he throws his hands up like this as he's walking and the guys don't move, and he just fucking like Deck seven puts a gun up to his neck.
Speaker 4: So smoothly, like he so gave up.
Speaker 5: He's full yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh and the other thing too, Holy shit.
Speaker 6: So Pope was just like an absolute just a nuisance in this movie.
Speaker 5: The Reporter.
Speaker 6: So when Pope like at the end when when Harrigan's chasing the predator and uh, Pope, he goes up right after like he just Leona is like like in a coma and he just lost Bill Packson and like Danny's dead, and then.
Speaker 3: Pope grabs the cameras like hey, Harrigan, more murder, more mutilations. He just turns out, Fuck you just drawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck you you had a lot of good ones, and like couldn't believe how many like lines you would draw, Like he would just look at someone and.
Speaker 4: Say cocksucker and then like move on on this day, like he just on. He just had great delivery by Danny Glover as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm glad you've brought up Tony Pope there, Taylor, because fuck he was making me laugh so hard.
Speaker 5: There was another moment I.
Speaker 2: Think it was on like the Voodoo the Voodoo scene, when he's just like he's like on the balcony or something like getting footage and then like he's just getting all the camera's like he's asking Danny Glover's character for just like a bit of information and the cop just goes there and just like grabs his camera.
Speaker 5: I literally I had to write down.
Speaker 2: Because I laughed so hard, specifically what he said and like his reaction to just.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, fuck you man, I know my rights.
Speaker 3: I smell I smell a cover up.
Speaker 4: Haragon.
Speaker 2: He's just like super like conspiracy theory, dude, that's just I'm also like that was another one OF's moments when they dropped so many F bombs in this movie of just like hey, fuck you asshole, like one of those types lines. But when he grabbed his camera, I it was just I was so shocked when he just like, fuck you asshole and he's just like talking shit like.
Speaker 5: I know my rise bull. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 5: It was something the hardcore reporting, by the way, that.
Speaker 6: Was exactly they kept making a point after all of his interviews.
Speaker 3: He kept he kept saying.
Speaker 4: Like where's Mayor, He's not even here.
Speaker 5: He's like, get off your ass and you come out and call martial law. That's what we did at the beginning.
Speaker 2: And when fucking h Angel Batista Batista Angel passed away got murdered, and then you know.
Speaker 4: Hard passed away.
Speaker 2: Typically you'd be like try and be respectful when you're like talking about someone that died and like that, and then in hardcore reporting, it just says I wrote down so I wouldn't get it.
Speaker 5: Hardcore scorecard that.
Speaker 2: Was that was the title at the top, and then it was like cop dead and it was like listening off like how many people were dead, as if he's like collecting like a fucking sports tally.
Speaker 5: It was just so bizarre. It's one of those things.
Speaker 2: It's like I would only picture that in a movie like this, where it's just like really leaning into that, like.
Speaker 5: I don't know action, what genre even is this?
Speaker 4: I don't know that the action, high octane action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighties, nineties type era. Yeah, just picture those types of things of like hard I couldn't believe it though. I couldn't believe that though. It was just like hardcore scorecard and it's just like his best friend's death that he's probably just like really torn out about and he's just seeing the score tally.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that got me.
Speaker 6: I don't even know, like like his news was so yeah, it was so like straight to the point because yeah, he was like talking about like King Willie with his head clean off in an alley.
Speaker 3: Like he was one to one hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's what I'm still laughing at the scorecard thing.
Speaker 1: Just Danik Olvera gets home for a tough day, turns on his TV and just sees his friend on this scorecard another one dead.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, that was the point, right and there.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was kind of very total recall trying to be eighties, very kind of on the noise and not that they're wrong, because we kind of unfortunately transitioned into some of that stuff. But yeah, I just want to show it too. I talked about few times. Really likes the trains scene for the most part.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I.
Speaker 1: Needed the cannything, but I liked lights going off the train, flickering the lights I'm teeing everybody.
Speaker 4: The fact that everybody had guns was just a fucking wild scene. When the one guy's like, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna he's gonna mug these This Scrop's gonna mug this book reader and he just pulls out of his gun. Yeah, and then they looked her laught and everyone's just like, yeah, you're know, fucking wrong him. Everybody has a gun and that's the revelation of that's why the preeder is killing them. But I wish you could maybe take out that stuff. But a wild even the scenes where it was dark, you just have like women randomly shooting and there's lights going off.
Speaker 4: So I visually like the scene. But there was a few cheesy things in it, But that's this whole movie, right.
Speaker 6: So that that one guy again, that seems absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: And when the guy was like approached by the crooks, and the crook's.
Speaker 6: Like, you look like a sympathetic dude, my friend who needs an operation, and then he whips out his gun and the briefcase and then they're not even phased by it because the go and he's like.
Speaker 3: Wine's feeling yours. He starts laughing, whips this fucking huge revolver out. Yeah, the old lady whips out her gun.
Speaker 6: Like all these people just pull their things, and I think that's great to like, we know how the preader works. We know he kills people that are armed. And that kid, like the little kid is very lucky because he's going fucking graveyard which is very.
Speaker 4: Gloves over there again.
Speaker 1: He saw the scorecard, he take fuck me its the here I'm going with see Angel Batista. And then while he's at this grace and a little kid like he's just the amount of phts die.
Speaker 4: The amount of PTSD that this Danny Glen must have because the whole day he's being reminded of his friend's death must be gargantuan. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: M hm, oh my gosh, you gout quickly mentioned like the the ship scene at the end, like the Final Showdown, I liked, how you know, I've seen a VP, so it wasn't my first time seeing like a predatorship, but it was cool going from the first one of this one that we just get a little bit more of his technology and just the inside of what the ship looks like. And it's very alien, not xenomorrph alien, but it's just very extraterrestrial.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: That reminded me.
Speaker 2: There's the Keys line too, when he's like explaining to what he is, it's.
Speaker 5: Like extraterrestrial life form. Clu's character, He's like, what does that mean? He's like fucking aliens man Like.
Speaker 2: It was just it's such a time piece movie, like but schimes SI other times. Absolutely, but the ship with like the smoke like that was really fun. It was a good final Showdown. As he mentioned, Travis, kind of weird that the Predators gets fucked up in his own ship. I guess he did have like an arm chopped off, so he's probably a little woozy in.
Speaker 5: That moment, maybe seeing doubles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I liked when the other predators come in, like you mentioned when that that that respectful thing that they do of like you bested him, like so you want Yeah.
Speaker 5: We hated this fucking guy.
Speaker 4: So that's what he's on earth the center of the war zone where there's a bunch of guns in LA that's why.
Speaker 2: And like gives them like the matchlock, and that was something that I'm gonna it all comes back to a VP. But I love when the predator like sides with the human and like gives them like a trophy taters what I'm talking about. Travis probably does too, but he's nails on chalkboard when it comes d VP apparently.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I I'm excited to watch them one day, but I know those a's gonna be some bad times. I don't remember them fondly, but I will now go and then with a bit more of a uh just one have some fun with them. But I don't think they're good movies, no, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Not I but just that whole respect thing that the predator has I've always loved that quality of them. It separates them from just an enemy, you know that, like no matter what, they're just a bad guy and they're just gonna kill you.
Speaker 5: Like I like that.
Speaker 2: It makes them a little bit more interesting. So I really like that aspect. And again you get some different designs for different helmets and stuff of the Predators. I feel like my favorite mass that they have Taola. I don't know if you have a favorite or Travis, you have a fair but is the one that this one had like in the movie. Like, I just loved his look, like.
Speaker 5: Really really good.
Speaker 4: I'd have to await, I'd have to look at them all side by side.
Speaker 5: We'll do rankings after our Rechelson on. So, yeah, that was all cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys have any more to add on to that specific ending with the ship, and I know you talked about it a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I would just hold down that I liked it. It was a good setting, I said.
Speaker 1: I think the whole lab went on a little too long, you could assure in that, but I liked it. God there I liked even just the design of it, like the orange and tan like walls and stuff, and I would swand to his voice.
Speaker 4: So no, I liked. I liked the finale and the climactic battle, everything about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the whole the whole end sequence scene was just absolutely fantastic. Like getting to see I mean, I'm a huge, huge sucker for that stuff and seeing the ship and getting to see the whole lost tribe of Hunters was just so cool. It was just right up my alley. Oh yeah, that was the Elder gray Back. Predator was actually the main one. I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I'm just trusted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could be making up names that we didn't know.
Speaker 2: The Elder gray Back like, he's probably right.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't audit him xeno Pedia, Xenopedia, but yeah, it's just it's fascinating.
Speaker 6: That whole trophy case scene when you see the Zeno skull, that was just that was fantastics, Like holy shit, like this just ties it in. It's such a subtle little thing. It didn't need to be anything more than that. And yeah that you can see King Willy's skull in there, and you can see Bill Paxson's skull in there as well.
Speaker 2: But on I was just gonna quickly add on that note too. I love the sequence when he's actually like shining the skull and just like really like it's like he's polishing his trophy right, like like he's he's he's like.
Speaker 5: When he kills King Willy.
Speaker 2: I like that sequence because that's I don't think we got that in the first one, at least from the predator's side of it, Like that little ritual that he does with the trophy, because we normally just see him like rip this like the trophy out and then somewhere else.
Speaker 6: Well, we saw it in the first one, like him cleaning it, and then we could see like he unrolled like this little thing and like he put like a skull like next to his other skulls. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, right, but this was like the first time really seeing like the trophy case the kind of thing and like what they were kind of like intending them for. There is when the fight scene can There is a comic that actually focuses on the Elder gray back. I think it was a Dark Horse comic. It's in seventeen eighteen. It was when that predator actually goes to Earth and he actually fights and they actually gets the pistol from a pirate, which is pretty cool. I have to actually go and like find this comic and read it. I keep forgetting to but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a pretty pretty cool shit they did. I think it was like an anniversary thing that they did.
Speaker 4: But uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's oh go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, no, mine's on a different tracks, so go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, one last thing on just this scene here.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna share a screen here with you guys so you can indulge in the film. This is you, guys, ever seen.
Speaker 5: This before.
Speaker 4: Or having just a Predators are having a dance off right now? No, I've never seen that.
Speaker 6: You've never seen this before? Oh man, I'll just like, oh, it's just absolutely just beautiful. This is one of those like it's so like quirky, but I fucking love it to me. This is cannon like this look at that. It's absolutely fantastic. And the music too, is just it's definitely.
Speaker 2: Like the Predators just watching Danny Glover and that other battle, They're like this waste action like this kind.
Speaker 5: Of like fucking Bruno.
Speaker 4: That's there, you go.
Speaker 1: I want to ask how do you guys feel, because it's similar to what tears artists for our background here, How did you feel about the predator climbing building, holding swor up and getting struck by lightning, because I don't think I was for it.
Speaker 5: A thorn got a thunder moment when he like harvests the thunder. Yeah, that was very bizarre.
Speaker 2: I think in the moment like Okay, he's escaping and then he's cheering because he caught the trophies kind of. I think I was passing it until he just pulls like the raid and move where he just like calls the thunder to him and it doesn't shock him or anything.
Speaker 5: It's just like it's like snipping.
Speaker 3: I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: That's a drug.
Speaker 4: Yeah, el lah, they got pure lightning.
Speaker 5: Man, it's so good. Yeah, that was very very very unneeded in my opinion. It was so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't think again, very limited predator knowledge, but I don't think that ever happens again Taylor.
Speaker 5: Does he just harvest lightning like anyone like that.
Speaker 6: I've never seen lightning Harris sit ever again, but I do know that it definitely lightning plasma works with their technology, so he was probably feeling super fucking juice.
Speaker 5: Huge heart on su as the lightning hit him.
Speaker 4: Just I didn't know that lightning did that to the predators. So there you go.
Speaker 5: It's an aphrodisiac.
Speaker 6: I made when I was fourteen or thirteen. I made a predator dot work.
Speaker 4: When you mentioned afridisy Act, I made it's like I mad.
Speaker 6: Madison, But no, I made a predator documentary and I was thinking an honor. I have to dig it out somewhere. I might hosted to the Patreon only.
Speaker 5: And that's on YouTube or something somewhere.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think YouTube.
Speaker 6: Banned it because I was he'sing like some like Blink one eighty two music back in the day or something like that.
Speaker 4: That's a bold choice. That is a humentry. But I don't think I heard the music choice.
Speaker 5: So I love it.
Speaker 4: So good might cutting down and everything you guys were cutting out for me.
Speaker 5: You know you're good. I think you're good.
Speaker 4: That's strange because yeah, there's a definitely delay going on. I think now again, I have.
Speaker 3: No delay with Kirkland.
Speaker 5: No, we're good, we're prime.
Speaker 4: I have delayed with both of you. By the ending of this podcast, I'll don't do it the fun I want my podcast. You you're one ugly motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Let's see going off my news. We actually hit like all the points I wanted to bring up, which is funny. It just goes to show how similar we were. We were all seeing the same things together, you know, with the ridiculous lines and stuff like that. God, I just love that moment when when Pope was I know my fucking rights, you motherfucker fuck.
Speaker 6: He pulls on another camera too, because like gets this story and he's holding like another one in his hand.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Like a cover up.
Speaker 3: That's so good.
Speaker 2: I was gonna mention too when when that ravaging sex scene happened and then the cops.
Speaker 5: Arrive and she's just really scared.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they meant to like do it this way or if it was just like the FBI government was trying to just like take like the witness to like you know, like cover it up. But I don't know, Like for me, it was such a weird scene when like the female cop is like helping this naked woman out of the room and there's just these like three dudes that were like we got it from here, and there was like really creepy towards the woman. I don't know, if you saw it like the same way that I did. But it was very strange for me because like the like the female cop like was really defensive, like no back off, like like get out of here. Like it was just really bizarre for me. Again, maybe I was just reading too much into it, but it just seemed like, I don't know, there was some different motivations from their behalf there. But again maybe I was just I don't know, reading into it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fair.
Speaker 5: I think just frozen now he's not even on a delay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's restarting his computer. Taylor, just kidding distracted here for a second, my notes, I have a lot of like trivia, but I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another thing to mention actually on the train scene that wasn't brought up when Travis was initially bringing up was after like the initial fight happens, and then you have.
Speaker 5: The female cop, which i'll pull her name. I think her name was Leona.
Speaker 2: She she like is outside of the train and then it's like this suspense of her like getting closer to this like dark portion of the train where and then she sees like the golf ball it's all bloody and it's just like a good suspense build up.
Speaker 5: I really like that sequence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she finds the aftermath, you know, she finds Bill Paxson Jerry was his name in the movie, and just absolutely fucked up.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, his head was just like did he rip the skull out? I feel like I couldn't even really see it properly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ripped the skull.
Speaker 6: When Harrigan goes like past the body, he can see like, holy shit, like the spine was ripped out and everything out of the back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's back.
Speaker 3: He's back.
Speaker 5: We were what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Else here, I am back. You guys are still a little little iffy for me. I have another I don't know what happened. This happened. Oh see, yeah, you see, you guys were talking and I was talking like a full thirty seconds before you guys fucked my life.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I was mentioning.
Speaker 2: I don't have any more notes, Taylor, just as Trivia left, unless you have somewhere notes there too.
Speaker 4: I got Trivia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I don't as far as notes go, like seeing some of these characters and seeing just getting the predators, Predator in general, with the other predators too.
Speaker 3: Like the action stuff. I was just eating it all up. It's much more action heavy. You're totally right, Charvis.
Speaker 6: It's more like Broie and diving into the thing with more explosions, yelling and anger and rage and distosterone soak, yeah, cocaine. So it's definitely a high octane sequel, but you don't need all that to necessarily make a better sequel. Again, do I say this is a better one than the first one? No, but I think that's what they were trying to go for, and they want it to be better than the first It's the goal of every sequel. So I think on its own, it's definitely worth viewing just to kind of see it. But I like that this kind of sets us up as well, where they didn't bring back reoccurring characters, but they establish list the uh like the anthology component, and that's something I think that really suits well with Preador. You have everything referencing that first movie, what happened in that situation, and that's all you need, and that just spear heads us along in all these other anthology standalone films that all just involve Predator in some form of objective with humanity getting in the way. And I think that's fantastic and that's exactly what happened here. I'm glad that they just they call it Predator too. It's not really a direct sequel, it's just another anthology movie in this franchise.
Speaker 4: And Yeah, if you didn't have any trivia, I feel like that's final thoughts right there, to throw a score down. I feel like that wrapped it up. Okay, then go I feel like I feel like you should have the trivia, and then that it was a person know here we are.
Speaker 3: I'll give it an eight out of ten though. That's my that's my rating. As for trivia, uh ca prop one of the trophies again obviously Alien Skull, we got that.
Speaker 4: A deleted role.
Speaker 6: Alpedia Carrillo, who played Anna in the first film, has her name listed in the sequel's credits. She didn't appear to be the actual film. However, if you look carefully during the scene inside Peter Keys's mobile headquarters, you actually see her. He's described to the creature activated self distruct device in the first film. You can briefly spot Anna on one of the video screens. Yeah, and apparently there was like a debriefing scene they were going to do and what she talks to the camera describes the events of the first film, but it was cut from the sequel.
Speaker 5: Pretty uneeded. I think it's just like that's what happened to the first movie.
Speaker 3: Not really necessary.
Speaker 6: I couldn't find more like credit to this. But the reason why the movie costs as much as it did is because Kevin Peter Hall, who played the Predator, convinced the producers to hire the Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Lakers to portray the other Predators. And I thought, like, that's very very interesting.
Speaker 6: So I was trying to see if like, is this actually true or not, but I just thought it's worth mentioning regardless because it appeared on many trivia sites, so this is a thing.
Speaker 4: So it's just very wild if they did that, that's a fucking stupid ass studio. I don't woner why they got bought by Disney eventually to the Lakers to play the Predators. Were in a bunch of costumes.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a solid sales bitch, you know, to convince the oh definitely troubled production.
Speaker 6: So the scene where Harrigan meets King Willie the alley, the scene was filmed in was actually a rough neighborhood with disgruntled residents actually throwing feces at the film crew due to the noise they were making. They even discovered an actual dead body and a very real garbage you see in the scene.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, he's in charge of a time to be on Predator two cent. Yeah, someone was asleep on the wheel that day.
Speaker 6: At one point, Patrick Swayze was approached to star in the film, but was unable to because he was injured during the filming of Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Curious what he would have been. They would have paid more to have him as a Predator. Maybe you don't even see it's him.
Speaker 6: Stephen Hopkins wanted John Lithgow for Keys, but producer Joel Silver insisted on Gary Busey.
Speaker 5: Probably the best.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: In early drafts of the script, the Predator leaves a clump of King Willie's dreadlocks for hair going to find the graveyard, not Danny's necklace.
Speaker 5: That's like, it's just some.
Speaker 6: Fucking hair dangling here, no relevance to the meal. Keys was originally going to be Dutch once again, played by Round Swarzenegger. Uh, and again Anna was going to be back in here.
Speaker 4: As well, played separate character or no, you said Keys was going to be Dutch.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, so Keys was going to be scrapped and they were just gonna have the character Dutch and they're played by Arnold Schwartzchnegger reprising his character.
Speaker 1: I thought you meant like they were gonna make the character Keys a dutch Man played by Arnold shortsting for something.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that they just ignored the first movie, and he yeah, I would have played, but I wouldn't have wanted the same ending.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: Schwartzenegger turned it down, however, because he didn't like the idea of that Dutch becoming a villain, so he declined. The original storyline of the film was to have taken place in New York City, but Jim and John Thomas quickly changes to Los Angeles because a budget concerns. Scene with the predator right raises the Schuldron. The lightning storm was originally to have taken place atop the Chrysler building.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Chrysler billing. Okay, I didn't think that.
Speaker 1: One thought you got Empire, State, get Statute of Liberty, all prime choice about Chrisler.
Speaker 6: Building a Chrysler building, it's I guess they they destroyed it in Godzilla that like nineteen ninety version. They made a point of it too, because they shot pockets a Godzella and he dodged it. And then the Mayor's like, that was a goddamn Chrysler building, like it's a it's an important landmark.
Speaker 5: I guess there you go.
Speaker 3: That's all my trivia. So you boys take it away.
Speaker 5: Drives eagle first or second.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll go because the delay is still crazy over here. It's all over the map, So I'll just say what I need to say. I'm giving this like a six point six'. Five it's close to seven because the rewatch one's lots of. FUN i think this would be a hell of a watch with guy like friends and everything like. That BUT I i can't give it that seven because SEVEN i always, say like that's When i'll be even if it's lower tier as far as quality, Wise i'll still be.
Speaker 4: Watching there's enough That i'll go back to. Rewatch this is Something i'll watch again WHEN i do something like, this When i'm gonna rewatch all The.
Speaker 1: PREDATORS i don't THINK i would watch this one by. Itself it's just If i'm in the mood For. PREDATORS i would watch the franchise and put this. In BUT i, have LIKE i, Said i've seen this movie made three times AND i haven't seen this maybe since like the early two thous and so it shows like my desire to watch this Where predator one back in the day WHEN i was on, Cable i'd just start. Watching if it's On, Netflix, YEAH i just put on. It it's like an easy go.
Speaker 4: To with this.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: Uh it's not that it's not an easygo, to it's JUST i know there's like a better version of this movie out, there you, know either there's there's some cool things that they did with The predator and some the lore and, stuff so you got. That but, yeah like a solid six point seventy five for. Me can't give that salt.
Speaker 2: Seven uh, Yeah SO i the first time, watching LIKE i, SAID i think the concept actually worked for, Me like it was just fun to have A predator In la popping off Using, yeah just like urban buildings and stuff as his terrain as opposed to like hiding in the. Trees he's hiding on buildings and, stuff AND i like seeing him just run, through like on on top of, cars running away but like in Envis.
Speaker 5: It was it was really.
Speaker 2: Fun so those sequences were, good AND i think it's it's also just a movie THAT i jumped in wanting to just have fun with, uh AND i did definitely achieve. THAT i THINK i had that in the first ten, minutes honestly With El. Scorpio that was. Fantastic for, RATING i Think i'm gonna give it like a seven and a. HALF i THINK i think it's it's definitely like rewatchable for. Me did you watch it with Shay By, no by the, way, no definitely not, NO i it's. FUNNY i put it on On. SUNDAY i went Biking sunday because on my bike back On saturday after like a month of doing no physical, activity SO i was so dead after we went it was it was a long one, too AND i LITERALLY i just like laid on the couch in the ac like all, day drinking water and just like fading in and out of.
Speaker 5: NAPS i was so. Tired BUT i Put predator on AND i.
Speaker 2: Saw like sixty five percent of the movie BECAUSE i, was LIKE i, SAID i was just fading it.
Speaker 5: Out SO i finished OR i rewatched it.
Speaker 2: Today actually from starting to finish BECAUSE i just loved a lot of Those El scorpio scenes along some other. Ones BUT i did not see like the sex scene at all in my initial. Viewings so today watching, it it blew my. Mind it was uh because, again LIKE i, said like the, Audio i'm, like, oh we're gonna get like Another predator. Something, no just very aggressive modes and just some hardcore. Sex but uh, yeah, NO i THINK i think IT'S i think it's.
Speaker 5: GREAT i really like The. Predator he was in. THERE i said he was in. It he was really good in, it.
Speaker 4: AND i think The predator was in. It he really delivered his best performance to go.
Speaker 2: Around and, yeah like his his catches and stuff was was better than this. One so seven and a half solid.
Speaker 6: Movie he had that like breathing mask too that he was using on the roof that was super cool when he was like really, injured just like the way of.
Speaker 3: Recovering very cool.
Speaker 2: STUFF i love those, details you, know like not not necessary to have all those little details in, it BUT i like.
Speaker 4: Them mm hm.
Speaker 5: Beautiful let's uh.
Speaker 4: Well A jomen that is The predator too. Retrospective we will be back With, predators which IS i think it gonna be another very interesting, retrospective so until then not be. Boring