Speaker 1: Well, come back, you've crossed the line.
Speaker 2: This is deplorable.
Speaker 1: Coordination on cold of conspiracy where blood is the blue brind in the potato and there're stitches nail the skin. That's it.
Speaker 3: It is so.
Speaker 1: Store up great selling futures, sell by sell from backroom laps to the glowing streets.
Speaker 2: They call it prigress.
Speaker 3: We call it a watery looking questioning and cracking loud.
Speaker 2: Get turned to the florable conation.
Speaker 3: That's pracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today I have one of my very best friends in the whole entire world, and I'm so very thankful for her each and every day, Miss Heidi, miss returning guest, How are you my bestie?
Speaker 3: I am good bestie, And we've been cutting it up for a minute and talking, which I love. Janet's amazing, She's one of my bestie booths. And we get to get on here. How much fun is it that we just get to get on here and also talk and teach people stuff, right, exact funnily right?
Speaker 2: And I'm I I'm super excited about the topic that we're doing today because you and Ellie and I were on a show before, and it was either before or after we were recording. You guys had mentioned this, and I'm like, what, I'm like, never heard of it, So I had to dive down a rabbit hole. And I know that may sound weird to some people that somebody with the medical background does not know something in the medical community, but it happens all the time.
Speaker 3: So there's too many things.
Speaker 2: Yes, And my brain is like the size of a peanut, so you know, I'm trying to expand it at all times. So today I'm super excited to talk about this because it is highly interesting to me. And after researching on this, I wonder if there aren't more people who have it who have never been diagnosed, or the doctors themselves have never heard of it, because that happens all the time too.
Speaker 3: So yes, I think that most people don't get diagnosed in general until middle age because of the fact. I mean, it's getting a little better now because it's more awareness, But I mean one in two hundred thousand is all they say it is. I don't think, so I think that it's way more.
Speaker 2: I do too, because something else I was reading said, like one in five thousand people or something is diagnosed with this, and this is Ailers dan Los syndrome, which is a very interesting thing because it has so many multifacets. Now I am curious. I'm going to pick your brain.
Speaker 3: Because I'm going to show you my parlor tricks too cool.
Speaker 2: I can't wait because you and Ellie both have this, So I want you to tell me, like about you, like how old were you when they discovered this, and what type do you have and all of the good stuff that goes along with it.
Speaker 3: So there's a bunch of different types of Elers Dawn lists. And I know that as a kid, I knew something was up, but I didn't know what until I was quite old, until I was in my mid thirties, and then I had an idea, but the doctor would not diagnose me because it is considered like fibromyalsia, like it's pooh pooed in the medical community, even though it's a real legitimate like DNA test, like you could check it out, like it's a thing. And it's kind of a sub a subpar part of like Marfan syndrome, which is when people are really tall and stuff, which my dad and Grandpa and that whole side of the family probably do have Marfan syndrome. They look like they do. You know, they're very tall. I always joke it's like the nephalem right, No, the me not really people. So when I had once it yeah, and so definitely werefolo of me and Janet are silly, so you'll have to excuse us stuff. But when I was young, I would sublux my ankle constantly, and they used to make fun of me. Oh, your feet grew fast. Oh, you're just tall and clumsy, because I am. I'm five foot nine. Well, after my back surgery, I'm pretty sure i'm five foot eight now. But anyways, whatever, I was five foot nine most of my life, and I grew really fast. I was by fifth grade. I was a grown up five foot nine lady. I got it. I got mistaken at school for a teacher, like weird stuff, you know, and so I would fall all the time, and I just would trip over my like over air nothing. And I have size ten feet, So I mean, okay, you know, like it makes sense. And so your parents kind of in the eighties, especially because I grew up in the eighties, nobody cared unless you were dying. It wasn't a thing.
Speaker 2: You better better have a limb that was solid off and it's just hanging there before you go the doctor.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and so I was constantly embraces and then you know, the air casts and tearing ligaments, and I didn't know what the hell was really wrong with me. But finally, this is gonna sound insane, but this was a blessing. When I was about nine or ten, I think I was closer to ten, I finally broke the sucker and I broke it and walked on it for three days because my parents were like, will you do this all the time? And I mean I walked to school everything. It finally it blew up through doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like wrap it up, too bad for you, you know, and I did. They helped me with that, but they were kind of like geez kid, and I'm like, I know, but it's hurting. And so finally it did swell up like shit, I mean, it was bad. So it went like a baseball and finally I got to get an X ray and it was broken. And it was a blessing because it created enough enough scar tissue in ankle to stabilize it. Thank heavens because I was constantly tearing my ligaments over and over, and I was in that cast almost the whole year because it just didn't want to heal, which is another side effect of Eeler's danlos. And so I had no knowledge of this. I have very buttery soft skin. Anybody that's ever touched my hands or you know anything, they're like, oh my gosh, like what lotion to use. I'm like, no, I don't use If I use lotion, like maybe bath and body if I want to smell good, but I'm not lathering every couple of minutes. This is just how it is. Also, it tears really easy, like if you do the wrong thing, you're gonna you're your finger. And you know, just crazy stuff that doesn't happen to normal people. You become. My ex husband thought I was a hypochondriac, and I'm like, no, this is like a real problem. Like I'm having these problems. And I have very translucent you can see all of my veins and you know skin, and I have scoliosis. I have a double S curve, so it's mild, so that's lucky, but it's still there. And so I have the hyper flexibility type, and I had no clue. I just thought it was fun parlor tricks when I was a kid. So one of them is is they say, you know, when you put your hand out, it probably is like this. When I can, I can put my hand out. It can be at a ninety degree angle or further, and that's completely normal for me. And so then they test you, like if you can do this and go down or if you backwards like that? That's my funnest one like that way my elbows do it. My knees do it, and my knees. Let's put a lot of pressure on my knees because people stand like this, well I stand like that so that it bows out in the back. I have to consciously make myself not same. So you may have That's something.
Speaker 2: When I was researching this, I'm like, I wholeheartedly, ninety nine percent sure that I have this too, because I have the paper thin skin, but it's really soft. I have drmatographia. You can ride on my skin. I can. I have very stretchy skin. I can pull it up like a rubber band, but my knees constantly go backwards.
Speaker 3: I'll go back and see like my fingers are you double jointed in all your fingers and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's I was going to bring up double jointedness because I can't do it now because of course I had my spine feels right, But when I was younger, I could literally take my my legs and put them behind my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, and you probably you probably have the flexible, the the hypermobility, which sounds fun, guys, but here's the problem with it. It's not because we have a really hard time a with blood pressure at times, like mine's usually too low sometimes and my daughter's is too. Like you can pass out, you can you get weird types of flares. It's like loopus. My mom has lupus flares, and I'll mimic some of those things, but it's not I've never had a positive A and A, so a lot of times they try and blame it on my hashimotos, but I think it's more towards this. My doctor finally recognized it when I was probably thirty eight or thirty nine, and I finally got a diagnosis finally, But most doctors won't do it because just like fibromyalgia, they say it's a junk diagnosis, that it's oh people just want pain pills. It's horrifically painful in your joints, and I see it in my kids, which makes me sad. My son already has the clicking joints. My son already has chronic pain. My daughter already has pins. Yeah, they're kids. They're like fifteen, you know, and sixteen. Well he's sixteen now, and then my daughter is twenty three, and it's just it's just kind of sad, you know, to see them go through that. You know, you don't.
Speaker 2: And one of the common things for me, since my I can be standing or walking and my knee will buckle backwards, and so a lot of times I will get a Baker's cyst on the back of my knee. And for people that don't know, you have synovial fluid in your in your knee joint and it will bulge out the back of your knee and can be anywhere from like a golf ball size to a self ball size. It's extremely painful. And if it ruptures, all that fluid runs inside of your leg downward and your leg swells and it's it's ungodlike painful. But I get baker syst on a regular basis because my knees buckle backwards all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a situation because people think, well, oh, you're just hyper flexible. Cool, No, you don't mean to like my I'll wake up. Last year, I really hurt my shoulder because I slept on it wrong and I woke up and I could feel it was out of place, which happens with eds. You learn how to put things back and all that sounds.
Speaker 2: Insane, but that's what yeah, right here and joint.
Speaker 3: And there's rings that they make for that, for stabilization rings for the fingers. They sell them on Amazon now. They're super easy to get and it helps brace their their cute races. Right, they don't look like the olden days like this will used to be a nightmare. This used to be. And I do think it has some to do with our backs because I think it slips out a lot and it's so bad for your disc, yeah, because then the disc is rocking and you know your vertebrate, you don't even it comes to a point. And I know Janet will probably know this if you've had this too, like where the pain is not really painful, like we talked about with you know, me being having a baby at home, or like being having a sistrupture inside my my whole ovary. I mean I almost died because it was a blood I was bleeding internally, and they were like, well, why didn't you come in? And I'm like, well, I mean it hurt, but it didn't hurt that bad.
Speaker 2: And I mean, that's the thing is, and that's a Some people have zero pain tolerance, like none whatsoever. But because I have dealt with chronic pain like my entire life from different things, whether it's my knees, my ankles, my back, you know, whatever the case may be, my pain tolerance is so high that, you know, like, unless I'm missing a limb, I'm not going to the hospital. Because I was telling Heidi before the show, had a little accident the other day and slipped on the running board of my truck, fell out, landed on my hip and my head, gave myself a concussion, scrambled my eggs up pretty good, no more of that, and hurt my hip and the hip pain was was god awful, But I'm like, it's still not bad enough to make me like, when I go to the hospital and get an X.
Speaker 3: Ray, do you think you may have subluxed it. Do you did you feel it pop back in? Maybe that's why it got better because it's weird. It's like excruciating. And then the only bad part is is if you catch a nerve like my shoulder when I woke up that morning, I caught when I popped it back. I didn't even you just do this when you when you go through this stuff. And I popped it back and I knew it needed to be popped back, and then when it did, I must have caught my nerve. That was a bad day.
Speaker 2: And then that makes your teeth go yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh that For absolutely months it was just awful and I thought, oh my gosh, like what is happening here? You know? And and I had to go to physical therapy, which I haven't had to do. And that's probably because I'm older now. I'm not recovering from that stuff as good as maybe I once was, you know, which sucks because it's well known with Elers down thos. Eventually you're probably going to have some problem that's serious. You know, mine was my back, I know yours has been your back. The nice part about Eler's downloast, which I think maybe would play into why you look so youthful. Same for me. It's the one thing we get. God like feels bad about it a little bit, I think, and he's like, they can have their face. I don't know, but it's nice. I'm happy. I'm like, okay, cool, Like it's I'm grateful because everything else sucks, and you know, it's just you wake up. You do get used to it. I will say this, the more I stretch, which is seems counterproductive because I'm already stretchy, it helps a lot, which is weird. So you just have to be mindful.
Speaker 2: And that's that's the funny thing. Because when I was having the massive hip pain and stuff from the accident this week, I was like, you know what, I still have to move because if I don't, I'm going to lock up and I won't be able to do it. Anything happens like with my shoulder and my feet and the bones in my feet get disjointed a lot of times, my ankles the whole nine yards. But I still like got on the treadmill and walked and whatever. You know, my hip was hurting, and then after I would walk, I would be like, oh, I feel better now right right?
Speaker 3: It gives you that little bit of a tension release because the physical therapist explained it to me that we have no really solid anything holding it together. And so like other people have like a solid brace to their bones, but ours are lax, and so the bones are just kind of like flopping around in there. So we have to train our muscle to do it, which is why we're constantly tense and hurting because we our muscles are taking the load that some of the ligaments should take right right, So, which.
Speaker 2: I think would probably definitely go hand in hand with people that have diagnosis of fibromyalgia or myofascial pain syndrome because your your system is not working together well. And that's the thing about and I want to tell people like what this is. So this is inherited, So it's genetic you know, from you know, parents, grandparents, because this is always passed down through the families, right, so other people guaranteed I've had it and nobody knew or or said anything. But it has to do with your connective tissue and your collagen because they are what give your system strength and flexibility, not just in your joints, but your muscles, your skin, your your organ your gums. Literally all kinds of things collagen and proteins like and several other things bind together to form connective tissue and your connective tissues and your muscle and literally all over in your system. And so let's go over a little bit of the thirteen different types that there are, because that was interesting to me. Now that the hyper mobility, when I definitely can see for myself, but I'm not too sure there's not more than one.
Speaker 3: You can have more than one, and I think I may have more than one. But he just didn't want to get into with He's like, that's a whole genetic to He asked me, you want to do that, And I'm like that sounds like thousands of dollars and he's like no, and you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: Well it's usually will not cover genetic testing, and those are out of pocket, and we're more talking thousands of dollars. You are literally talking at genetic testing like ten thousand dollars for like one test. They're very expensive. And with this it doesn't matter if you have a diagnosis or not, because there is no cure. All the treatments that are supportive, like physical therapy, bracing, sometimes corrective surgeries or whatever, but the surgery may or may not even hold depending on which type of EDS that you have. So anyways, well.
Speaker 3: And then the scarring and the every surgery I've ever had for my joints, which is a lots, went bad so fast from carpal tunnel after I had my son that they were like, you had to have ignored this for now. I already admitted with pain. I'm not the best about figuring it out fast. Okay, I'm not, but but that being said, with my hands, I did notice because they fall asleep and you're shaking them and everything, and so it's really painful. And I it was immediate. It was like he was born and then boom, my joints just went bad. And I told him. I said no, no, no, I was fine. Now I'm not fine. And so they did the testing my EMG, which is a nerve conduction study, and I had any Yeah, I had an eight second delay, and I was like that's not They're like, this is horrible, Like how why did you ignore this for so long? I'm like, I don't think you understand this. Definitely wasn't like this right before he was born, Like, definitely not and they were like, no, no, this years of you ignored.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they're trying to gaslight you into, you know, believing what they're telling you is true when you know dark good and well, it's not same thing with me with my back annoying. It's like this all of a sudden like bent over getting dry clothes out of the dryer, and my back went out and I couldn't like get up, and then you know, having to have surgery and stuff. And it was like, well, you must have had this problem for a long time.
Speaker 3: It's something you must have did something.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's always your.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, listen, dude, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if I couldn't fill my fingers anymore. Like I mean, I get.
Speaker 2: That, but it's usually like my pinky and my ring finger that'll go numb.
Speaker 3: So that's ulner it's still it's still the same thing. It's carpal tunnel, but it's on the other other nerve, so it's on the ulner side. And get it fixed right away, because I'll tell you, the one surgery I had that worked, that actually work and will work for me is when they don't open me all the way up they opened this hand. I should have brought these pictures for this. They opened this hand all the way up. I'll send them to you for your show notes or whatever. And it was a disaster of I can't even explain. When you see it, it looks like a Frankenstein hand, like they it's just horrible. This one they did laparoscopically and it beautiful, worked so good. This one, it's destroyed at this point. Even the newestbestos I am, the most importantest hand surgeon was like, you're screwed. It's totally destroyed. And we don't understand why because of the scar tissue because Eiler's damos. And I'm like, well, let's fix it. Like they went in one more time to clean out the scar tissue. Within three weeks it was there and they just said, sorry, it's failed. And also, by the way, we accidentally cut your nerve in half, so have fun. You don't have a thumb anymore.
Speaker 2: Like what I thank god, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank God for muscle memory because it was my thumb and my finger and this is my blood drying. So the first time I drew blood and or started an ivy after I was like, oh my gosh, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I.
Speaker 3: Know. I'm like, he's like, but I had already told myself, like if I miss once, I'm just not going to torture this person, you know, I'm just gonna go get somebody else, Like maybe I just can't do this anymore, you know. And it's not the end of the world. But it was because I was like the the best ivy girl and it was like a pride thing. I was like, oh my gosh, because I did babies and the nickeu in their heads and other things. So I was go get her. And I'm like, so I think muscle memory is a real thing because even though I can't feel it as good, I'm still just as good. So I was like, thank you God, please thank you because I torture people like.
Speaker 2: Well, well, thank you for the small things in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah yes, yes, uh, but yeah it sucked. You know, you can't just fix it. It's not like a normal person like going in getting surgery. They just get better.
Speaker 2: So that's why, like the different types of this are so unique in their own way. A lot of them are very similar. So the hyper vobile, like we said classical, and then you have a like classical, a vascular so I think I have a problem in that area as well. Kiphos scoliosis, So you can have chiphosis or scoliosis along with like hip locations all of the time. Hello. That's how I know my back was hurt and needed surgery is because it felt like my hip was broken before it Like the pain was not in my back, it was in my hip for whatever reason. There is uh anthro shalasil I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to pronounce don't.
Speaker 2: Then that one is that one's very unique because it has severe joint hypermobility. So the people that can literally take their finger and like bend it all.
Speaker 3: The way back in the half. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, stuff like that congenital hip location, so you're inheriting dislike from your family. Yeah, hypotonia, which is low muscle tone that leads to muscle wasting, and that's a whole nother problem. Dermatos forraxis extremely fragile skin. I definitely uh would say I have that severe bruising. I have inevere issue with that. Like I can wake up in the morning and it looks like somebody beat me into the bed at night with a baseball bat and nothing happened. So yeah, that was a thing. And also with that, which is really common is hernias, which I found super interesting because if if hernias are common with that particular type, then obviously your intestinal walls are also weaker. It's not just your skin right A very interesting. And then there's one called the brittle cornea syndrome, and that is frightening. I was reading about that, and it's like progressive thinning out of the cornea with where your eyes will bulge because they change shape and they turn like cone shape instead around they protrude. So I have seen people like that before, but I'm very glad I don't have that. But they also get very blurry vision, double vision, near sightedness, irregular astigmatisms, light sensitivities, and blue sclare eye. It's where the light of your eye actually turns blue or purplish, which is an interesting And then we have spondo. Hold on a minute, I can't see what that says. Spond a loto plastic, which means people with very short stature.
Speaker 3: I don't have that one. Fun sized, definitely not for me.
Speaker 2: This also comes with boeing of the limbs, so people that are bow legged there you go there, there in that muscular skeletal type, so you have congenital and multiple contractors. You can have club foot, cranio facial feature issues and increased palmer wrinkling. Now that's really weird. But you know, you can have deformities of the of the face and stuff, which I think is interesting because I have a guest coming up next week that I'm not too sure didn't have this oh yeah thing. There's one called myopathic and it has You're born with a lot of muscle atrophy supposedly improves with age, joint contractors that are really calm of the knee, the hip, the elbow, ankles, wrist, hands, and feet, periodontal, which I'm like, huh, so I wasn't even thinking about teeth or whatever, but in this, you know how your your gums like tightly aligned with your teeth, and the periodental type that is missing, and you you have these big chasms between your teeth and your gums, so it's like almost a mote around your teeth, which is very interesting. But you have of course the regular step, the abnormal scarring, the marphnoid facial features, h and and all kinds of weird stuff with that, and then the last one is cardio valvular, and this is usually having to do with the aortic or mitral valves.
Speaker 3: So, which are worse than the pulmonary valves. So right, I mean as far as not long term, but they have to fix it right away instead of like my daughter had on the pulmonary side and they were like, we're just gonna wait and see if she grows out of it. If it had been on the other side, we'd already had surgery. So it can be a situation, and there's a mixture of lots of them, like you can have all different you know.
Speaker 2: That's a problem though, because like like we said earlier, you know, they can go in and do corrective surgery for valves or joints or you know whatever. But because when you have this, you have such abnormal scarring or your your skin or your vessels or your organs or whatever are so weak because they're lacking the collagen and the peptides that are needed to maintain that structure and formation that a lot of times, like sutures don't hold. And even people who are pregnant who have this, it's very common for them to miscarry because they're abdominal wall is weak because the lining of the cervix is weak. Whatever, and so a lot of times people have, you know, spontaneous abortions or whatever because they can't their body can't hold it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the allergies that come with it are bananas, Like, you're allergic too, I don't. I mean, I can't prove that that's why. But it goes hand in hand with it and sutures for me, glue for me, glue almost killed me two years ago, so you know, we have to be so careful. I'm a little bit luckier. Weirdly enough, I didn't know about I mean, I knew I was asthmatic, and I knew I had allergies. But my parents, like I said, it's the eighties. They were like, get a primatine miss from the drug store. You're fine. I think that that did expose It was like almost exposure therapy in some ways it and it helped me. He's like, I really don't know how you are alive and you eat all these things, and he told me, like, you're allergic to everything on the whole entire test list. We sent it off four times. You broke two machines and we don't know what to do, so we're just gonna have you not do the worst ones. And I'm like, what, Like, I eat all this stuff, what are you talking about? And he's like, well, this is you know, and the things for me that I wasn't allergic to are the things everybody's allergic to. Like I'm not allergic to eggs, I'm not allergic to beef, but I am allergic to chicken, you know, so but I can have chicken. He just said, if it's a level five like EpiPen level, just don't eat that anymore. And mine are stupid. It's like rice, the most hypoallergenic food on the planet, and people think that I'm carb counting or something weird. I'm like, listen to me, I can't eat that. I'll die. Like it's it's not carb counting or or shellfish, which is normal oats. Oats is a really abnormal one. Basically the gluten free foods I'm allergic to. And my daughter has a gluten allergy, so that was super fun growing up with her and me being on the opposite ends of the spectrum, you know, but mainly those and I think, let si, oh, I'm supposed to not have milk. I did not go off with that. Once you go off, you cannot have it again, and it is in everything. So I was like, sorry, Doc, I'll take the little allergies here and there.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you about this, because I know Ellie's a very she has a very special kind of allergies when it comes to this. But are yours like touching the stuff? Is it eating the stuff or so? Because I have airborne.
Speaker 3: Not airborne for me because of so much exposure, I literally ate rice all the time. I literally ate oats all the time. And I often wonder if that was when I was going through my inflammation periods that I became allergic most to those things because I favored them. And you know, I know this. He told me, if you go off of any of these level five the EpiPen allergies supposedly like the highest level ones, which were OAHs, rites, oats, rice, hardshell, fish. There's one more I can't remember right now, something I never eat. Anyway. He's like, once you do that, you cannot have it again, even though you've eaten it all your life, once you detox from it. If you do that, And I was like okay, okay, I got it. Yeah, yeah, and so give me the EpiPen bye, and we go to the movies like a couple months later, and I pop a DIBs ice cream DIBs in my mouth and I didn't even think because it's ice cream and chocolate, like it's it's not any of the things, you know, and and it's got rice crispy around it, right, And I didn't even think. And as soon as my tooth hit that and it like popped, I stopped breathing. It was like immediate and I'd eat and rice my whole life. Like I mean, it wasn't a big deal, but it was after a detox from it, and so I had to do the EpiPen. And of course because I bruised bleed easily, my whole pants was full of blood, like it was so dramatic and stupid. I'm just like, oh my gosh. So I just put my coat over it. And I still watch the movie because I'm a ridiculous nurse and that's what we do because I was fine.
Speaker 2: By God, I paid for that movie.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's not that bad. And then my husband's like he passes out if he sees blood and he's like, no, it's bad, and I'm like, oh, calm down, it's not even that much.
Speaker 2: It just looks scary, and he's like the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll path out. I'm like, if you if I really needed you, like I think I guess I would die because you would be so afraid. But like, he's gotten way better with time. But he's seen me go through so much now and so many things that are just crazy that and he told me he was friends with my ex husband and he's like, you know, he thought you were kind of crazy, like you're hypochondriact. And he's like, now that I'm with you, like, and we've been together so long, I know that you just have the worst stuff happened. He's like, literally, you think that you'll go I'll go in, and I'll be like, I'll finally go in and I'm like, it's probably a sprain, probably fine, like my infection in my back. Probably I'm gonna get Ivy rosephan and go home. It'll be fine. No, like two weeks later after surgery again and in the hospital and just crazy bananas because you wait because you think it's fine, you know, and it's never fine. Hardly ever. But I always try to have a positive attitude about it because somebody once said, oh, you do it to yourself because you think it or I don't know. I'm like, yeah, like that's unfair.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you about this, what about like drug allergies. Do you have like a bunch of drug allergies?
Speaker 3: So guess what? I never did intel and my grandma and my mom both are allergic to penicillin and sulfa, and my mom's allergic to morphine like deathly, and I never had any. And then I had that allergic reaction with the glue, and I do not know what happened after that, but I got the worst allergy. I had a UTI come on. After all my surgeries, being in the hospital, all the stuff they did to me, I was like, great, So I had to take some bactrum and I did, and I'd taken it probably five or six times in my life at least. That's a pretty normal drug for a woman. You know, we end up with UTIs and so I was like, oh, no big deal, and I took that and within three I would say maybe two hours, I had full on Stevens Johnson's syndrome happening, and I caught it quick enough. I did the EpiPen and I went in and they they were able to stop it. I only had six source, but they were so clinical. They were like this is I was like this, I knew what it was.
Speaker 2: Nurse explain to people what that is.
Speaker 3: So Stevens Johnson's syndrome type allergy is so bad that when you get it, they're like these little they look like a boil, but instead in the mental like the middle of it looks like a red cherry dot, and they are actual blisters that will open up and your whole skin can slough off, like not just that little piece like everything. Like if you look up Stephen Johnson's entrom pictures, you're gonna be like, holy crap. Mine wasn't the day, No, And I was like crying. That was the one time I did go in because I was like, oh my gosh, like I just and I knew what it was, but also I was like, this is super rare. There's no way and he was like, oh, that's exactly what I Like, I don't know, but that's exactly what it is. And I was like, this is crazy. Thank Evans, I did have an EpiPen I did it because at first I thought it was hives, you know, and I thought I ate something weird or I don't know. I have a lot of environmental allergies, so like animals and different things. But I was like, it's got to be something like that, or maybe a spider bite. It kind of looked like a spider bite and then they spread like it was like going up my leg and I was like, oh shoot. And then I was like, oh no. So I'm looking at the timeframe and everything. It was like perfectly aligned with what it was saying, and I was like, ah, So I went in because I didn't want my face to fall off.
Speaker 2: It's like, hidious, why not, darn it?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, so scary. You lose your hair everything. It is like terrifying. And so I was like, nope, not not that. It's it's scary, like flesh eating disease. Scary people like this is. And so luckily that did not happen to me. But they were like, you can never have sulfa again. And so not only did that surgery mess me up there, but now one of the main drugs that they are going to use to probably save people's lives like now I can't have that, you know, And so I just it irritates me to such a high level because the doctor knew, he knew, and he was so pompous that he literally said, don't worry. I didn't use mass to soul. I used derma bond. And I was like, that's like saying you gave them apap and not tile and all.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, or them telling me, oh, you're allergic to tramadol, that's okay, We're gonna prescribe you old tram.
Speaker 3: Old tram instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, okay, yeah. And it's the allergies that come with us are so like weird because Ellie's allergies are airborne and her food allergies are airborne, and so like, she had to go for a work gathering thing last week and she, you know, they started their meeting and then they brought the food in and she is deathly allergic to sesame. So it was either made with sesame seeds or had sesame oil or something, and she had to leave the building and go sit in her car and her throat was closing up in the whole nine yards. So anything with duck she's super allergic to that. So anytime there's like she can't go in a pet food store, they have to bring like whatever food out because some of this stuff has duck in it. So hers is like all airborne stuff and mine is basically sensitivities.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm more like I think mine were really severe. He did laugh when I said that can't be possible. I eat these all the time or whatever, you know, and he said, honestly, I don't know how you're alive. Like he was like, yeah, he would, like I sent it to Colorado and I sent it to Texas and you broke the machine here and he's like, I'm just saying, he's like I and I cried because I was like, this can't be possible, like what And I mean, it is what it is, but like I just step back and go really, beef and eggs, that's a weird thing not to be allergic to. And cocoa but not chocolate. People, No, that's the three things I'm not allergic to in the whole list. And so I'm just like this is so strange. I don't you know. You just get to feeling like you don't belong in this world. I think sometimes and I'm sure Ellie can relate. I'm sure you can probably like you feel weird, you feel weird. Well, then on top of it, yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of drug allergies that that are random, that you know, stuff I'd taken like my whole entire life that I can't take anymore or be around anymore. And like it's always something where they'll they'll say, oh, that's not it's not possible to be allergic to. Ellie and I are the same in that aspect. She's very allergic to benadryl all of a sudden for whatever. And so it's like I told them I'm allergic to fennergen and they're like, oh, well, you know, we don't have anything else, so we're going to give you fennergan. And I'm like, I'm telling you I will projectile vomit and fennergen is supposed to make you not vomit, specifically nausea. And it was like, oh, I guess you weren't kidding. And I'm like, yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: That, why would you even want? Yeah, I mean it's like a weird It's like why would you want that? Right? Like it's and I kind of wonder if it was because they hit me with the solfa allergy. I think possibly it was because they hit me with two pregnant zone packs in a very short period of time. And my CRP was twelve when I went to the hospital, So I think possibly that could have been like combined with whatever else they had on board. You know. But you you wonder, like I've had this my whole life, Like what but I was lucky enough, like I said, I didn't die. But like when I was little, I would have severe asthma attacks and I was constantly sick. I would be home in a mistent like with pneumonia. And now I know it was probably brought on by this chronic inflammation of my lungs that I had going on. I will say this, and I know people don't like big pharma, but I am gonna say one drug that saved my life. And I know this for a fact, Singulai or montelou cast for asthmatics with tons of allergies like I am. It has changed my life. I mean I used to have asthma attacks where one time I was at the doctor's office and the hospital was across the street, like literally just cross the street, not a big street, just like two lanes, and he shot me up in my ac with prena zone, screaming at me the whole time like I can't believe you waited this long, Like you're gonna die in my office. Like he was so scared. He was like, and I was like, you're so dramatic, Like gosh, I've been like this for now.
Speaker 2: I don't want any malpractice claims.
Speaker 3: And he was scared. He was like, I've never ever and he was just freaking out. And I mean, I'm like, what is your deal?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 3: Like, and I was in the hospital like two weeks. I mean, this was like common for me in my twenties. And I look back and I see my face. Now granted I had hashimotos, I didn't know. I don't even look like me, Like it isn't that I just am heavy. I don't look like myself like my husband will even say, even your nose looks different, even your everything, like your eye shape or whatever, like it was all different. He's like, you look like maybe related to that person, like that could be your sister or something, you know, but it doesn't look like you. He's like, and it's weird and like I go through phases like that where I'll see the inflammation really hit. And for me in the summer, I have a hard time because the swelling for me, which my husband would live somewhere that never snowed. But I like the winter better because even though it hurts me, snow doesn't hurt me like rain. Rain is atrocious for me, and so so in summer the heat. Once I get past a certain level, I'm toast. Like I literally went to Hawaii and I wanted to go home. I was like, this is horrible. I can't stand this because all the blood, like even the flying too, it shoves I have the vascular thing because it shoves it all I can feel everything's swollen and tight. And my husband doesn't get it, and I'm like, I literally rather go any other way about flying if we can, like a train a car, because it hurts so much for days. And I look at me, like when we went to Italy or France, and I'm like, oh my gosh, look as swollen I am, you know, And it's just part of it. It sucks. It sucks, and there's no way around it. I have heard about the pots thing, which I know I probably have that. They like, do these hyper salt like they take these weird salt tablets and they say that it works. I don't know. I've never done that, but I've heard about it. It's weird. I mean, I know I can't drink normal people drink. It really affects me, you know, not because of my age, just because it does, like I will pay for that. It will hurt me for a week, well not a drinking.
Speaker 2: That's why, like I have a I have a dietary suggestion that may help. I want to mention this and for anybody that thinks that you have this or have been diagnosed with this. When we were talking about like sensitivities and allergies to stuff and whatever, I had the weirdest thing happened to me because I love sea salt, and I thought, oh, I finally found some black sea salt, because that's not something you find in the stores here like at all. So I finally found some and I was like you using it? And I was like afterwards, everything I ate just made me sick, and I'm like, wow, world, and it stinks. It smells like rotten eggs. It has sulfur dioxide in it. So if you have a sulfa allergy of any kind, whether it be you know, taking it internally or whatever, stay away from black Hemalayan sea salt.
Speaker 3: How weird. I did not know that because.
Speaker 2: It messed up my gut. And I was like, that is very strange. I've never been allergic to sulfa drugs or whatever my entire life. But the salt, because it has sulfur in, it made me sicker than a dog. Like I couldn't hold anything down on my stomach, like really upset bowels the whole nine yards. And it was from just that salt.
Speaker 3: That's so wild. I know, as I've gotten older, there's some things I absolutely cannot tolerate, but I'm not allergic to. Like I love peppers, my Kenny peppers anymore. They just make me sick, you know, like immediately sick. And I've heard the different things about night shades. I will not give up tomatoes. I love them.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm on a diet right now, which has helped with like the inflammation, the bloating, joint pain, like all of that stuff. It has like taken all of that away. But I was like, when summer comes and the actual real tomatoes from local real tomatoes. I don't like the fake ones tomatoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love tomatoes, like, but you know, I can live without a lot of things. I am less centered on meats like I I mean, I will I like them, but like how people are like, oh, I do like steak, but I mean, it's not that big a deal for me, you know, if it's not there, and I notice if I eat too much certain things like crappy want like white breads or whatever. However, sour dough doesn't seem to affect me as bad. But I also am not a big eater of any of that. Honestly, if my body would cooperate with what I eat, I would probably wait, like Ellie, because I don't eat a whole lot and I don't really notice, Like it's not unusual for me to fast tell too, I haven't eaten today, Like it's it's not really that unusual for me other than I'll have coffee and then I just always dedicate it to God. I'm like, hey, anyways, so I was doing this thing anyways, so you can bless it for me. That'd be cool, But I mean it's nothing to me, and I don't have like huge hunger like. But I mean, I do notice the less processed food I eat way better, way better, even if it's not the best thing. But I do get weird cravings of certain things that I know are good for me, like quenoa. The first time I ate it, I was like, this is weird, but it reminds me of rice and I miss rice. So I'm like, oh, I can make rice dishes with the quin wa for my family because I can't eat rice. And I'm not trying to die today because we played that game before at the movie so exactly. I probably would have kept going. Had that not happened, I'd have been like, he's full of it, but no, it really yeah, And so anyway, long story short, I noticed, like I'll crave it really weird, like just I could eat a whole bowl of it, like a big bowl, and I'm like, that's weird. I don't do that, you know. So some things I think you do have to listen to your body, like maybe you are lacking something that's in that thing, you know, whatever that is. It doesn't happen often to me, but quinoa is one, and I'm always trying to get my mom to eat it and she's like, you're so weird, but yeah, whatever, she doesn't have a rice.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing.
Speaker 3: You have to make it. Oh, I'll send you this recipe that is just like, what's that fancy rice dish that all the chefs make?
Speaker 2: Risotto?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have a risotta recipe with kwa. It's yummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I am strictly a carnivore, so I'm like only mate stuff and then you know, sporadic dairy here and there, gotcha.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 2: It has done amazing things for my lab work. And like I said that, the joint pain is gone, and you know, bloating gas problems, all vowels, all that stuff like went away. And I haven't wo, I haven't even Let's see what day am I on Now I'm on day sixty seven. But here's wow. Here's what it did for my lab work because I was having cholesterol issues. No matter what I did, couldn't change it, nothing was making any difference. It dropped my triglycerides over two hundred points wow, and dropped my total cholesterol down forty three points.
Speaker 3: Holy cow. I'm gonna tell my husband about this because he's a big, buff guy and he's got weird cholesterol blood pressure problems. I am the opposite. I have Like they called me and asked me, how did you get your cholesterol, your good cholesterol so high? We have not seen this, and I'm like, what, I don't know. I don't know any of this weird stuff they were thinking I had, like some weird supplement or something. The only supplement I take is Shilogy. I love Shilogy. I think it's really good. It tastes like crap. It straight up tastes like you're chewing a piece of your car tire. It's horrible. However, yeah it's bad, but it's just a couple drops. And I've found that if you put it in milk it's way better. So I do that, and then I'm not very consistent on it. But I do have to take Vitamin D constantly no matter what I do, and that's part of EDS. I don't absorb it and they give me the prescription. I take it regular, over the counter prescription, all of it. It doesn't matter. I go out in the sun all that that's just gonna make me brown. So I can't luckily iron man.
Speaker 2: Like I was super duper and namic like before my back surgery and they're like, you have to get your red cell count up and you know whatever. And they put me on like six different prescriptions and I was not absorbing any of them. Actually had to go and get a special one from a health food store and that was fine. But then again, I have copper based blood, so like the iron was like you, but but I I definitely have the what is it the which one that has the short stature?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: Oh plastic? I must have that because I have short stature. So I'm not I'm not full nephilom.
Speaker 3: There you go, Yeah, you're missing the hype. You can't because you're little.
Speaker 2: My joints are all compacted, that's my excuse. And stuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were. You were smashed. They made you with one of the dwarf people to try and make a normal per right.
Speaker 2: I was one of the testing experiments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. You're like, that's what it was, for sure. And I mean we often wonder, like I do think it's interesting in America how many more things we see here than we do in other countries. And when I joke about nuffalem, people like, I'm sorry, there's some things that America cannot explain like a quarter million children being relocated to homes in the orphan train era. I just think it's interesting and I definitely have no proof, and it's definitely conspiratorial as you can get, but the cabbage maybe thing. I just think that it's interesting during that time period that we have farm boys everywhere, Like they're in the Princess Bride, They're in this, they're in that. And I know one thing, if you're going to taint a society, the best way to do it is with kids, because nobody's gonna just walk away. Yeah, definitely kids. I like it. I because most people are farm boys too. They're they're good for the work. You gotta have them out there working. I was always like on the Princess Bride, where is this farm parents? Why is this kid just living there? Why is this normal? And then you start questioning like why is this always a thing? Back? Oh okay, okay, I got it. But you know, I mean, I definitely know that Clonaide has some answers. I definitely know that there's old gods and goddesses like Diana of Ephesus where in India they have said that they knew how to clone for years and years and years back back, back back when, and so I find that extremely interesting. I also find it really interesting that there's all these places with the Catholic people in Ireland and whatnot, with a bunch of dead babies in the front yard and cemeteries, Like what exactly happened there? There wasn't that many abortions, Like, let's get real, there's not that many pregnancies per year. Let's get really stick care people. Like what were they doing at that murder house? Like if you've seen the murder House, Like we talked about this before on American Horror Story. I'm just saying there was some fuckery afoot.
Speaker 2: In our society.
Speaker 3: That's a bad word, but it was. It's true. I don't know, but definitely, Like what was the deal? Like we have so many kids, they were working in factories and then all of a sudden, we're still gonna save all the weird o premi looking babies that didn't look quite right, and then they give them away at the World's Fair. They're like do you want Oh, you won the bottle cap game, here's your baby.
Speaker 2: Like, what what's happening? Please tell me, Teddy bear, when you can have a deformed baby.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And I'm like, this is so random, Like I mean, we're saving the babies that would have naturally passed when we already have an orphan problem, and we're putting them all on trains. Makes sense? Like, I don't know, it's am I glad they have that technology for nowadays. Absolutely do. I think it's weird And the guy wasn't even really a doctor, for sure, I do, but you know, it is what it is. Also, like these other countries don't have the same thing, even if COVID showed us that, right, Like, it only happened in certain areas, right, and so Mike, that's really weird and it also happened worse in certain races. Do I think that they knew what they were doing?
Speaker 2: I mean, just the way genetically modified with Crisper cast nine technology, which which begs the question since EDS has no cure per se and it's only uh supportive care centered or you know, corrective surgeries, bracing, whatever, do you foresee them researching and studying this to be something that they could cut out of our DNA with Crisper technology.
Speaker 3: Boy, I think they're going to do that with everything. I think that as an ultimate goal is to make us miserable enough that we will go for the cure. It's it's a Gelian dialect in a in a pill, right, like oh you're miserable. Oh you don't like this president. Oh here's a better one. Okay, let's well you want to bake him back now even though he said grab him and then you know what like okay, No, this is like the same thing in health, like oh, you hurt every day? Because what's going to make people really do it? Right? Like if we're if this is going to get down to the mark, like say, we're going hugely conspiratorial here, because this is where my brain is. I mean, what is it going to take for people to say, you know what, Yeah, I don't want to shake all day. I don't want Parkinson's. I don't want to get old. I don't want to look old. We've seen what the movie stars will do.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: I am terrified now of even an eyebrow lift with botox because I see the people. They look crazy crazy. I'm not.
Speaker 2: And that's it's funny that you mentioned botox because I know that a lot because I used to work for a physio doctor, right, and it was like, Oh, your your skin is too saggy, Let's do botox. Oh you're having all this uh pain everywhere, Let's do botox injections. And I was like, you want to inject a toxin into somebody issue because you told them that this is going to cure like migrains or wrinkles in your face, or you know, joint problems or mobility issues or whatever. And I know that a lot of doctors specialists like that still go to botox for treatment for shit like this.
Speaker 3: Well, and fillers people, the fillers, listen, these fillers that they use unless you are getting your own fat injected into yourself, which okay, that's a little bit better, but the fillers that they overuse them, even if you have your own fat injected. They are putting so much in people's faces. My husband asked me one day because we were watching Jersey Shore. He said, what's up with all of their eyes? They're so squinty now. I said, because they had to put all the filler in their cheeks so their eyes are shut. And he said, really, is that really what happened? And I said, I mean, honestly, I think so. And he's like, they do that and I said, well, look at their faces like before and after. Now do I want to age? No, I don't do. I look at myself and think, man, I wish I could get rid of that. You know, I think taking things away is a little bit safer, Like if you want a neck tuck like where they're pulling it right, and I mean whatever, if I get the weird where your separation is here like Turky, that's not happening, I will cut that crap off, like that's crazy. Yeah, I'm like that is wild, like and that's just like cutting. But like I get it. Some people do the chin like they'll put more filler in their chin to make that go away, but then you get this giant chin eventually, like they all start looking like cartoon characters at some point, like look at Madonna and like earlier ones and Share and like all these people and I'm like, you guys look wild. Even Kim Kardashian now is starting to look pretty weird. And I'm just saying, maybe you ought to just let it go, because it ain't that bad to age like it, you know that. Sarah Jessica Parker, she she put out a little post and she said, I know what I look like, what do you want me to do? I'm aging?
Speaker 4: And I thought, yeah, yeah, And see I don't care because I don't have the vanity attached, you know, like I am who I am.
Speaker 2: And so that never enters. But that is you know, like talking about botox or fillers or whatever, because people with eds have weird skin. And how many people go constantly to get injections because you can see their veins on the back of their legs or whatever. So they're getting their veins injected and stuff, which is not safe either.
Speaker 3: I think if you need something fixed, you have to do it fully. Like I know it sucks, like veins stripping, real stripping. It's minor compared to what it used to be. But like at some level something is wrong. If you're having to constantly do that, there's a leakage issue. And so we have to start using our heads and remember like what is this telling me? Why is my body doing this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Like what is this telling my body? And I think we forget that. I think you're like so focused on the look of it or whatever. You know, that's just not healthy. I am I the healthiest person ever. Nope, you're going to see me drink a PEPSI probably every couple shows like, yep, that's what happens. So, you know, there's some things where I draw the line and other things I don't. And that's just a personal choice. You know, I'm not going to live my life without ever doing that. But there's plenty of people that do, you know. And I mean that literally was a hardcore for me. When I was really heavy, I was like thinking about the stomach surgery and they're like no, so to ever again. I'm like, well, let's go home. I'm not doing this shit. Like I was like no, yeah, and my daughter did it and she's like, yeah, you really can't. It makes you feel like you're going to explode. And I'm like that's really weird. Like but but you know, I get it. Like she was at a level where she needed that and she didn't care. So I mean, I also understand that's also taking things out. You know, do I feel it's one hundred percent safe? No, she was. It was pretty critical. That was you know, three hundred pounds and morbid comorbidities and different things. That's a lot different than a little bit of weight. I see women going in for that that are like thirty pounds overweight, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, they could always smoke to Canada and Trudeau will just euthanize them because that's a commonplace thing now. I mean euthanizing people for depression. I'm sure if people had a oh idio yeah, Idia.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's the thing, like, later are they going to start like saying things like screening us like, oh well you have this, so bye bye, You're a drain on society. Jennet, you had a lot of spine work, righty, same with you. You know, you're going like, I don't know. The future seems wild to me, but I used to live in a world where I'm like that would never happen, not so much anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know the interesting thing which came into my mind about like people with the EDS, no matter what kind of EDS that you have, and guarantee you this happens to literally everyone, and they're so irritated and annoyed. You go to the doctor because you know, X, Y and Z is the problem and they run you know, thousands of dollars worth of test and they're like, well, we don't know, I have no idea. Go home. It must be in your head. It's all it's all psychosomatic. It's in your head, you're imagining it. Imagine how many people have EDS that don't know it, because that's the answers that they get all the time.
Speaker 3: Hm. Oh yeah, because the doctors are so rare. And I guess in Utah this is a random, weird fact. In Utah there is a large EDS community and I only know that when I got diagnosed. They told me, you know, there's this one doctor, one doctor in the main area of Salt Lake that does this, and he's like the guy about it and blah blah blah, and he had a whole clinic. And I don't even think it's running anymore because literally it's so looked down on m hm. So I mean to even get a diagnosis. I'm in multiple pages online on Facebook on different things. They're called like zebra. They call you a zebra because you might sound like a horse like walking, but sometimes you turn around and it's a zebra like. It's like the surprise diagnosis, I think, is why they said. But a lot of people go by zebra, and some of their stuff is really serious, like how Ellie's allergy are far worse than mine, like kind of like that. You know, it's like all over the board on seriousness, and you know, they shut it down and there's a huge community of it out here, and so I mean, I'm sure it's from the polygamy and breeding from.
Speaker 2: What especially since it's genetic in nature and it passes generation to generation through you know, recessive genes or dominant genes or whatever, and it's like there's just has to be like an interesting amount of people that have this. And one of the things that I thought about because I was like, I really do have it, like if anybody else in my family has that kind of thing and stuff, and you know what I thought about, let me see if you can see it. Could you see my creepy finger? I guess it doesn't look like it's so much anyway. My finger has this big noddule and it like is skewed to the side. Oh, And and they're like, well, it's an arthritic nodule, and I'm like, well, my my finger was always normal. And then that joint started hurting and then my finger just like went to the side.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I got thinking about it, and I'm like, you know what, my Grandma's hands were that way, like literally all of her fingers when in all different directions, and my mom has the same thing. So that's not just an arthritic nodule. That is literally.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, they are. There are ring splints specifically for the fingers because this happens so often, and they're just like they go all the way down, and I know, my one finger bends that way too. My one finger bends side to the side. I don't have the nodules, both of them bent to the opposite directions, and I'm you know, nobody else in my family really has that, but but it was my dad's side that would have probably had this because they look like they did. You know, my grandpa had the elbow like your knee, and it would constantly have like a big bursa on the on it from you know, filling up with stuff because it probably was hyper hyper reluxing all the time. And he just was like the kind of guy like he was pretty like, it's fine, don't worry about it. You know. I was always like, what in the heck, Yeah, I'm like, what's on your elbow? You should have that looked at. And he's like, eh, doesn't hurt. Yeah, And you know.
Speaker 2: Another thing that I was reading that's that's very common with one of these, I can't remember which one it was, was cist cyst formation, and I was like, I had an issue with that for a while until like complete dietary change and all of that stuff. But like even you know, like cyst on your on your nerves or you know, even if it's just a utaneous cyst or something like that, but it was chronic cyst formation and I was like, huh, And the that's interesting.
Speaker 3: The fat deposit cysts to them. What are the I can't I think of that right now, Like poma lipomas likes, but if they take them out, more and more and more will come, right, and so there's like no no way to get out of it.
Speaker 2: It's like weird and aromas people that have neuromas. It's the same kind of thing. And I wonder if if that isn't part of uh EDS also, because it's like when you remove one, they just like satellite and spread like all over the place.
Speaker 3: That's so wild and then you know you're just screwed. And I mean, I just think that there's so many people that probably have this, and it's underlying for so many other things, and they don't study it. They don't want to. They want us sick, they want us dependent, they want I mean, if this causes all of the things we're talking about, that's a big portion of EpiPen users, allergy testing, allergy shots, all this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's big money, just like anything seen medication, dental stuff, all of the time, eye exams constantly. It would not move them to spend a lot of money studying this because fit look at how many billions of patients they would lose.
Speaker 3: M anything that's big like that, they won't here big big money diabetes, cancer, probably this stuff, like anything that affects a big portion of people. They're not going to fix it, right, and they make it, you know, constantly harder to get medication, constantly harder, you know what, Like they're they're demonizing people like I see this and family members that I know have chronic pain issues. Now they can't get their medication because other people are overdosing off of drugs off the street. They're not even real like they've demonized the cell of medical grade drugs. And I'm sorry this is probably not a great opinion for some people, but I don't think it should be illegal. I don't, because then it opens up for cartels to come in. It just does, and it opens up for people to accidentally overdose on something that they really don't know where it came from or what it is. Right, And you're always going to have people that have addiction, whether it be alcohol is the number one scariest addiction to take people off of, not heroin.
Speaker 2: And I do it, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I do this for a living. And I'm telling you people, the scariest drug is right down the street at your store. So why is it that we demonize everything else? Do I think it's great if somebody has an addiction problem? No, I do not. But I also think it's safer if it was regulated and controlled like but it's never going to happen because, honestly, behind every cartel is the government.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say compliments of the CIA.
Speaker 3: And you know they can say that, but you know, this is a war on drugs, all right. There was a war on drugs to demonize drugs, to hurt people, and to make it go so underground that they could lace things and wipe out a whole bunch of people. And then they make it hard on the people that really actually do need it, and then you watch people just die or pain like that's not how it's supposed to be. It's just not And as a nurse, I have a problem with that because we used to treat pain, We used to help people. Do I think they should be gorked out of their lid? No, right, not saying that, you know, it's there's got to be a balance in everything, because I'll tell you, although people will demonize this, oxy conton was a really good drug for a lot of people. I'm sorry that that might be an unpopular belief, but it made some people that have chronic pain issues like real ones. Like my dad had such bad chronic pain. And when they took that away where he was a diabetic with neuropathy and he was a diabetic since he was eight years old, everything was destroyed and he probably had this as well. And I watched him suffer for absolutely zero reason and have to be you know, on short acting every couple hours and then there's this high and low and all over the place. And he didn't like that. He just wanted to be normal, you know, he didn't want to be high. But I get it. People used him the wrong way. Like, what do you do? I don't know. People are always going to do things the wrong way. You're not going to stop it.
Speaker 2: We can't get out of our own way to save ourselves, right, There's always going to be a bat, a bullet spoils the bunch because they don't know how to adult.
Speaker 3: So I mean, but at the end of the day, here's the thing I do know. Drug addicts know how to get their medication, right. They're drug picks as I watched my brother do it until he died, and it makes me sad, and I know firsthand how horrible that can be. But I do not think any of the legislature or the rules affected him being able to get what he needed at all. It just made it less safe, right, that's all he did. And so you know, where do you draw the line? Right, I don't know. I don't know, but I don't think it should be fully controlled like it is. It's a bit much when we're just watching addicts go to prison for being addicted and what does that help? Nothing helps nothing.
Speaker 2: And imagine somebody going through withdrawals in prison.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, they don't even care.
Speaker 2: Who's going to say, do they care? Are they going to provide a good bedside manner, and they don't.
Speaker 3: Care if you die. Yeah, they don't care if you have a seizure in there, Like if you have a seizure, then they might transport you, but they're not gonna they don't care. They don't care about that. And I've I've seen it a lot of times and I'm just like, this isn't safe practice, like regardless. But the number one drug that I'm afraid of for like my family, or my kids or or my whoever, is alcohol, because I've seen people come off of it and it's terrifying and you can die.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, it is literally one of the worst things to detox from. And the effects that it has on your body as a whole, your organs and the whole nine yards. It's a very very painful, very scary thing to watch.
Speaker 3: And we have to, you know, as a withdrawal nurse, watch people so closely and pre medicate. We have like little scales and everything to it's called the Sea law, and we make sure because we can see literally it affects everything. It affects your brain, it affects your vascular it affects everything. And they don't outlaw that I wonder why.
Speaker 2: You know, well, it creates lifelong patients, right because then if you go into a hepadic issue or whatever from from you know, over drinking or whatever, then uh oh they got you for you know, heptitis, B meds or you know, whatever kind of treatments they want to use.
Speaker 3: So and I mean I watch people come in for like math addiction, and they're like, okay, go sleep. They don't even really do anything for them, They're like, okay, go to bed. You want something in three days, we'll see in three days. Like I'm always like really you guys, like and people are just kind of hardened to it, and I get it, but I'm like they're still coming off something, like they're still uncomfortable. You know. I don't know, I don't know what is the answer is a nurse where empathy ends and your brains begin, right, Like part of me is like I don't know that that's exactly going to help them, you know, Like all that's going to want make them want to do is check out Ama and go get whatever they need to get. Like that doesn't seem wise to you know, well, but I mean I don't.
Speaker 2: Know that also could could play into eds where people are seeking street drugs or painful whatever. Because you go to the doctor and you get the same old cane dancer. It must be in your head. It's psychosmatic because we can't find anything. All the tests are negative. So go home and suffer basically in silence. And so what if people do they turn to things like that for help because it is painful.
Speaker 3: Don't know what to do? Yeah, and if you don't do it that way, yeah, if you don't do it that way, and you let's say you do your like the perfect patient. You just go home and take ibuprofene. Guess it'll kill you first. Guess what's the number one most dangerous to drugs on the whole market. Screw the opioids. People and if are terrifying, terrifying, And I'm like, you only get one chance with ibuprofene because once you screw yourself, that bad on it. And a leave is my most unfavorite one because it's so long acting that people are like, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to take another one. And if you do that, you'll never get a leave again in your life because you'll be able to never take it again, never again. And people don't understand the damage they do right, like they're kidney damage. By the time we see them, we're like, oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, But that's that's commonplace because all the nurse's office, doctor's offices, whatever, that is literally the first thing they'll tell you, whether you have a fief or joint pain or whatever whatever. Whatever. Uh, take thailand, ibuprofene, Oh you have cramps, take a leave, You'll be okay. And that's literally what the days before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the days before we had muco missed. When you did a tailan all overdose, We're like, we'll call your lawyer and your mom and like get your in order because you're gonna die. They were literally like, we don't know what to tell you. You're gonna die soon. And now with muco mist which is something they can give to help help people not die of that, Thank heavens. It's a respiratory inhalent drug, but side affect weird. If you drink it, it helps, So don't do any of that at home. This is not medical advice. This is just two nurses BSM. But I'm just saying like I know that, and yeah, don't don't count on it because you still might not make it. Don't play with tail and all and ib perfeman, don't be playing because that's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of a lot of people that have like issues with their liver also have the issues with cholesterol, also have issues with diabetes, because your liver not only is the largest detoxification agent in the body, but is the powerhouse which handles and processes the sugar and the cholesterol and the body. And so years and years of tile and all use or I profen use or whatever is exactly what is contributing to the problems that you see on your lab work with cholesterol and diabetes numbers.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's the thing, the number one thing that helped me the most. And I'm going to send you pictures and I don't care it's like fat shaming whatever. I don't care. Put them on there. People can look at it for theirselves and see this. When I got up. My husband was the one. He told me one day, he said, I'm not telling you to lose weight, like I love you. My husband's a gym rat. He's like a big old jacked guy. Like he's crazy healthy looking, like if you saw him on the street you'd be like, whoa, you know, he's healthy, healthy guy, but he's not, but his internal isn't because he's got these familial cholesterol issues. I'm going to tell him about what you said. But either way, whatever, he goes to the gym all the time. And he used to tell me like it's for my sanity, it's more his brain therapy. For him. It's really not about him looking jacked. Okay, that's just a great side effect for me. But because I love him and he's great, and I'm like okay, And I always told him, like I can't go with you. He's like, yes, you can. You can modify, you can do this, you can do that. But years of people telling me, no, you can't. You have all these problems. You can't do that, you can't do this, you can't do that, He's like, I'm going to show you some things you can do, just small, you know, And even if it's like the stretching exercises that are like somatic exercises, which is kind of what I have to do now other than I ride the bike for the old people with the back support because of my degree. But I do what I can and I still go and I still have maintained my weight. But when I did that, I lost a bunch of weight and I felt better. I feel better when I go, like everything changed, and now I've been able to stable. It ticks me off because I can't lose weight anymore right now. But my doctor always is like, but you're not gaining back where you were, Like this is good, this is good.
Speaker 2: It's very common for females.
Speaker 3: Well, and after the hysterectomy thing, it really sucks. I'm like, okay, well whatever, but he was, you know, he's an etochronologist and he i mean diabetes, like that's his thing. And he's always telling me like, just keep doing what you're doing because your labs look good, your internal looks good. Like I know you're heavier than you want to be. And it's that's nice from a doctor because like sometimes they would just say like, oh, well you're heavier.
Speaker 2: Or that you're fat.
Speaker 3: Now now it's became a thing, and it's really awkward because I'm fat in one area and it's behind me and.
Speaker 2: My son's friend, it's beneath me.
Speaker 3: Yep. Now it's a thing to have a really small rib cage, which is very common in eds. To have a small rib cage actually too small, and your ribs will pop in and out, which happens to me sometimes, and then a bigger butt area so that curvy look like of course it like that, and so now it's a thing. And when it started being a thing, I was like, what in the hell is going on? Because I was always just like the chubby girl, like nobody cared about that. But now that's not the thing, and it's weird, that's all I know. It's very strange and makes me feel awkward because it's kids. It's not grown up people like our age, because it wasn't a thing in our age group, Like it's not as much a little bit, but it really is a weird thing with his area of group, like high schoolers. I'm like, oh my gosh, you weird. You're weird. Get away, get me away from you.
Speaker 2: Like mutants.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, you made me feel so uncomfortable, Like I feel uncomfortable. But what's the opposite of pedophilia like old people chasing? I don't know, but I don't like it. I don't like that awkward. I'm going to find out the name.
Speaker 2: That's gerophiilia.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what it is. It's very strange, very strange. I don't understand it when it started to happen because I always had, you know, thunder thighs, that's what they call it. Right back in the Island days. Heather locklayer was the thing in our era, and like being ninety two heroin cheek pounds, like I was like, great, Kate Moss, I want to die now. Like it was not a thing. And if you had that curvy or shape, you just it was not a thing. It wasn't good. It was bad. And so I remember I almost had surgery to have it sucked out of my thighs because I could never lose the saddle bags, right, no matter how goold I got, they're just there. And now that's like people are putting they're fat. They're like having their butts done with like fat from somewhere else on their body, like Brazilian butt lifts, and I think it's hysterical. I'm like, wait till they try to sit down on an airplane.
Speaker 2: Right wait, no, you know you know what made me think of that when you said that I had a patient one time. You know how they started doing butt lifts, right, yeah, but implants, yeah, I had a patient come in once that the butt implant moved and oh my gosh, it flipped. Yeah. I was like, that is disturbing on so many levels, Like, we can't help you here. I'm gonna have to call you a specialist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need at specialist.
Speaker 2: Butt implants here. No.
Speaker 3: Well, and they've quit doing that and now they just gain weight if you can, I guess, gain weight and suck it out and put it back. That's why Kim Kardashian was like, go ahead and extray my booty. It's all natural. I'm like, it's all natural from somewhere else. You suck that out of your belly and stuck it in your butt, you know, which is fine, No shame here. But I'm just saying, like, be honest, nobody, come on, I mean mine is I shouldn't see nobody.
Speaker 2: I am not transplanting any of my fat to another portion of my body. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Wait till they try to buy pants when you have a really small waist and it's it's not good. I don't think the clothes people got the memo about this whole thing that everybody. I guess it's stretchy. Pants. Now I'm a whole I don't care.
Speaker 2: Big boobs and a small waist, yeah, yeah, yeah, things like that, Like it just is a so imagine how many how many people like spend a lot of money on tailors and stuff to get closed there?
Speaker 3: Oh you would have to, especially like I am built that way, and I am telling you nothing fits, nothing fits, And I'm super tall and you're super short, so you're probably hem and stuff that I need length. I got a shirt from Amazon the other day. It's supposed to be a real shirt, and I put it on and it was like this short, and I started laughing, and I said, I told my husband I am far too old and far too fat for a time, and he goes, you're not fat at all. I'm like, this is not okay.
Speaker 2: I don't care to see what's blow my.
Speaker 3: Boobs well, and it's I mean, my my up and torso is great, but I'm still like, I'm old. That's so awkward. Could you imagine if I showed up and a cropped off at the kids' school. I don't care how good it looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we go on our vacation together, please.
Speaker 3: Don't vacation's different vacation's different, but I still don't do that. I still have like a tankini for my swimsuit because I just know. Nope, I'm I know how old I am. Whatever I look like, it doesn't matter. I know how old I am. And my kids are always like, thank you for that because my step kids, their mom dresses a little more. She has a really nice body. Not gonna like she's little. She's little and she can pull it off. I mean sort of, but like, also that's their mom, Like she looks great. I mean, but that's their mom. And they're like, please don't do that. I'm like, no, no. When I lost weight, they were like, I'm like, no, don't you don't have to worry about that. Yeah, they were like worried, especially my son. He was like, oh my gosh, Mom, all the guys at school talk about you already. Please Lord help me. Do not ever show up in anything weird. I'm like, what I wore sweat pay pants. When they came over, He's like, I know, you know what. And I was on this is the Funniest Thing conspiracy Wait, No, whoever was I? Oh my gosh, I can't remember now. I was on some show I can't remember which one. It was a conspiracy one, I'll think, But anyway, they told me sweatpants were a flex and I didn't even know what that meant. So I got off the show and I said, hey, son, let's mean sweatpants are flex. He's like, no, that's yeah, that's the thing. And I was like, so I can't wear my sweatpants, Like what why am I supposed to wear?
Speaker 2: And a skirt down to your feet? I don't know, because I like, you shouldn't wear yoga pants, you shouldn't wear this, you shouldn't wear that.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, I'm gonna wear the regular stuff. I'm gonna wear the regular stuff. If it's a crop top. Missed me with that exactly, what say.
Speaker 2: Skin my body hugging?
Speaker 3: Uh. Occasionally you will catch me in a shirt like that, but not address it will flare. Yes, no, not having that, but not for me. Hopefully we've shed some light on all this and made you laugh. I hope about our wardrobe malfunctions because this is real life.
Speaker 2: Is real life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is real life, and I feel like women will understand and trying to find things like thank God for Amazon's return. That's all I can say on that. You can hate the billionaires all you want, but you know what.
Speaker 2: A service that no one else says.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and until it's chipped, I'm going to use it.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Miss me with the chip, miss me with the neuralink Amazon chip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not not getting one of those, and h definitely not giving them keys to my house to leave the package inside. Definitely not or the code to my garage.
Speaker 3: And no codes for your locks on your doors people, because let me explain, code breakers are a thing, and the CIA and the FBI they know how to do that. That's really simple. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, why why I don't?
Speaker 3: Also I would not drive the elon MUSKR? What is it a tesla? Because you know that the lady that owned the boat that hit the bridge, the lady that owned the boat that hit the bridge two weeks ago, died because she was driving home, being driven home by her tesla and it put itself in reverse. This is real, not a conspiracy, and drove her into a lake where she therefore drowned.
Speaker 2: Right does it have a hackable computer system?
Speaker 3: I'm just she k four times the normal amount of a drunk person as well.
Speaker 2: My gas powered vehicle. Ah, and I will drive until uh it falls apart.
Speaker 3: Same girl, Same I got a stick shift. And by the way, I like driving a stick shift. I grew up driving a stick shift.
Speaker 2: I can't. I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I'm a country, well your country, I'm Utah country.
Speaker 2: I just know I never learned because nobody in my family ever had one.
Speaker 3: So h yeah, yeah, it's my grandpa was a trucker. He's like, you can't drive until you learn how to do this. And it was a it was a four on the floor. It's old and I was like, oh my gosh, and it was. It was interesting. But that's okay because funny enough, my FJ has reversed in the same spot as his old jeep, so I'm like, actually, this came in handy. That's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: But did they even make very many stick shifts anymore?
Speaker 3: I don't know that they do. I know my FJ is super rare because it's a stick shift and people have offered me a ton of money for it, and I'm like, get out of here with that. I love my FJ. Ain't going nowhere. But yeah, they I think they're pretty rare now, and it's probably because they can't be driven without a human. I would imagine the mechanical poll isn't going to happen with a computer. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, That's why I love my truck, and I love it because it is a basic drug. Doesn't have bells and whistles and all that shit on it, because mine will last a lot longer than the onboard computer system stuff will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't trust anything anymore.
Speaker 2: Take that, and.
Speaker 3: I'm not getna chip to get rid of my ds. But I am thankful and Janet should be as well. That we didn't age very much in our faces. Now my body, that's a whole nother day, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna leave this here, Okay, So you know, the loose, saggy skin whatever. And another year or two I should be able to tuck my boobs into my waistbands.
Speaker 3: They can fix that. That's just that's just a cut. Anything they can cut off, anything they can take off. I'm okay about. I'm like, I would take some stuff off, but putting stuff in it's another thing.
Speaker 2: I would honestly could cut stuff off myself. If I was gonna have something removed, i'd myself. Yeah, no, late solve the back pain.
Speaker 3: And had no really actually they would totally pay for that for you. You know that, right, it's the thing your insurance will pay for that. Known many women that that has been paid for for them. So for a back pain, and I mean.
Speaker 2: I would have to go uh very far away to a hospital that would actually do that because we don't performs any major operations of any kind.
Speaker 3: That's okay. You could get a hotel and I mean, you know, yeah, now for a while, I will.
Speaker 2: I will remain for as long as humanly.
Speaker 3: I will remove my turkey neck. I'm not playing people. If I get a turkey neck, it's gonna because it can come.
Speaker 2: Take me to that myself. I will do that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 2: Thing about being a nurse as you learn a lot of procedures and stuff that you could actually perform on yourself.
Speaker 3: Douturing. I am not good at I had a suture my husband. This is a bad story. We were camping and I was drunk and he was drunk, and there was no getting down the canyon, Like this was serious and it was either called nine one one and I was like, you bess, be having something fall all the way off for that trip because that's going to be so expensive. It's like an hour up and an hour down this mountain, and this mountain is high up. And I said, let me see that damn thing would not stop bleeding. He smashed his hand and it was a smash wound like where it kind of exploded his thumb because he didn't wear the gloves that I put out for him, the leather gloves that I said, clearly you should have these on, and he did not, and so when it caught him, it pinched, smashed it and opened it up. Well, I was like, okay, it's not that bad, but also it needs attention. So I of course have an EMS bag and everything, and I was like, I'm gonna have to sew it up. And he was like no, remember he passes out and he was like no way. I'm like, you better drink some more. Yeah, here and like it. And so I did it and he he he was drunk enough that it was okay, but and he moved once and then so it was kind of jagged a little bit. But then he went to work. And I'll be down if he did not break his sutures open. I was like, I said, don't. I said, don't take the immobilizer off. He ripped everything out, ended up having to go in anyway, but it got us through the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, ridiculous see sutures. Uh removals, sister, remove.
Speaker 3: Not the turkey neck, dude.
Speaker 2: I have removed many a BB at my house from other people. Of course, not in my household, but other people would come over. I've done a lot of super for an object removals from oh boy, not not down there, not from down cell.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, that's funny. Oh my gosh. Not the turkey though, that's like, that's like muscles and stuff. I don't know about that one. It needs sewed back together because they split open. Isn't that sucky? I guess we have to do mouth yoga, you know. That's the thing. I don't know. All right, we're ridiculous, but that's the thing. Look, get up face yoga. Not that kind, Janet, Oh my god, don't we're bad. Okay, that kind doesn't work as good. You have to do specific things and with that.
Speaker 2: And with that we're done.
Speaker 3: We hope we've been lightened and brightened your day. I am mighty love from the unfiltered ries. I'm everywhere podcasts are served, but no one gets me to say the things that Janet does.
Speaker 2: Because yes, where can they find your YouTube channel?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, YouTube and Patreon, Patreon YouTube, it's still Unfiltered Rise. I'm on there. I can't put as much stuff on there because they're no fun. They really aren't. But Patreon you can get everything for five bucks a month, and I do a blood atone that series twice a month extra shows, plus other shows that I drop occasionally if they were on somebody else's Patreon. So there's been up upwards of four times a month extra shows. So I think it's worth it. So check us out Patreon slash Unfiltered Rise, and you should join become a Celestial member because you'll get your Celestial pass expreman. I had to oh geez, not a on it. Let them know just in case they see this on mine. Where to find you?
Speaker 2: You can find Deplorable Nation podcasts anywhere that podcasts are listening to, or you can head on O where to my rumble channel Deplorable Nation podcast or you can find me on Instagram at deplorable Janet, on Twitter at no Janet k n Ow, or you can stalk me on Facebook if you'd like, and that's under Janet Fox. There you go in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you so much. Have a good day.
Speaker 2: Have a good day guys too,