Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I want to take part in the show. Call up Steve now went five to two oh four one six seventy four.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Why the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, you're Kobe and now Kobe. We're a minute ahead of schedule, but you have breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball, Breaking news on.
Speaker 3: Fox, breaking news from the sports World.
Speaker 4: Saints hire Eagles offensive coordinator Kellen Moore as new head coach. Say that one was also for home. Yeah, the Eagles oc Saint's head coach.
Speaker 3: Okay, good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, that the the reaping the rewards right of the success.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Arizona's Tobyo Waka named Big twelve Newcomer of the Week of the week.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we I think we had this yesterday.
Speaker 2: I can't remember, but yeah, no, we did because we teased some of the awards that they give Coomer of the Year and and Mike said, everyone's a newcomer. Yeah on the team, so no cool, good for him. He put out of his mind too. Another I think he had a double double. No, No, he didn't have a double double. He had like eight rebounds or nine rebounds to go with this fourteen points. I think it was no. Another monster game, another monster effort. He's just I hate to get away of that dude. It's just a big dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a beast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. He's a beast. And I asked that question of him. You know, what do you think Henry is if you is he a beast? Henry more skilled like these different He's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a jolly green giant.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I call him stretch armstrong because he has those long arms. He's dunk from far. You know what I'm saying. He doesn't have to be on top of the basket. He can just stretch out and dunk it. Just a just a gifted guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Clayton Kersaw and the Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to terms on a new contract that will bring the three time League Saw Young Award winner back to the team for an eighteen season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that. See how long he lasts. Yeah, because he's not as durable as he was in the past. It should be a farewell tour, rocking chair tour. Yeah, brandon ingram agresa three year, one hundred twenty million dollar extension with the Toronto Raptors.
Speaker 3: Who brandon Ingram Okay? Yeah, okay?
Speaker 4: And then ex Ohio state coach Jim Trussel nominated as Ohio governor.
Speaker 2: I think it's lieutenant governor. Lieutenant Yeah, lieutenant governor. Okay, what else.
Speaker 3: Do a d at b yu? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tom Holmo is resigning or leaving his office of ED big, big, big replacement because he has been pretty good there for twenty years.
Speaker 4: That's weird because they just got the new high score recruit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the number one Yeah, number one guy?
Speaker 2: Uh and I yell, I'm sure that's going to be affecting a lot of people because they don't want to deal with this stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's just a crazy time that we live in with these athletes getting this money and YadA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why Chip Kelly didn't want to be head coach.
Speaker 3: U c l A. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he wins, helps win the national title and then leaves there to go to the Raiders. Who's your team? The college football? The Jets Rogers is gone happy with that.
Speaker 4: I'm actually not I thought they should have kept him for one more year because because what else are they going to do?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: I guess I would have kept Rogers one more year, drafted a quarterback and let him sit.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian Peterson had this good tweet last night or this morning, I can't remember who it was. Uh, Houston played Baylor, and we know both teams are pretty good. Uh and Baylor shot thirty eight percent I guess from three and they shot I have to get that. I'll have to get the tweet. But they shot unbelievably from the floor. Let me see here. I'm sorry, everybody, Houston has some defense.
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 2: Um, they shot crazy bunkers and they still lost. Oh, Baylor shot fifty eight percent from the floor, sixty percent from the three point line and lost to Houston by eleven.
Speaker 3: Wow, so huge numbers and they still lose. Crazy.
Speaker 2: Think it was at Houston too, So just shows you how that how tough it is to win the road. And Houston's really good, even though Baylor's really good too. Yeah, Houston's defense. Sustan's very good team. Yeah, okay. Chapel today at this press Comin said that he's got about twelve players who are capable of being starters this year.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be pretty good.
Speaker 2: They're in the top twenty, top twenty one if I think, and maybe last I checked with twenty one.
Speaker 3: Baseball u A Baseball.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, they're gonna be great with the softball team too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've done very well so far.
Speaker 2: And then opening weekend at the Kendrea Classic, beating in Alabama and beating Washington. But they lost in Washington. But they beat Washington again and they have another big game, a big weekend of softball coming up here.
Speaker 4: Kaya Altmeyer wins the Big twelve Player of the Week for softball. She was what did she do? A Big twelve Player of the week, you know, but what were her stats? She let up with the home run. She had a home run in a single.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. And then that was in a six one victory.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was thinking right here, Oh yeah, those who know college basketball over the years here at Arizona. Jason Sheer tweeted that Ted Valentine will be on the call tonight refereeing wise, he's kind of like one of those ref that really likes the camera. Yeah, so he makes you know, allegedly makes a lot of calls that he gets on the camera. Longtime ref had been out for a little while on his back and for all cancers, a pretty good ref. We'll see what happens should be like again, it should be a good game at Kansas State, real physical, crazy Bunker's crowd, So we'll.
Speaker 3: See what happens. I don't know. I'm still still debating those three and a half points. Yeah, it's a it's an interesting spread.
Speaker 2: If it was five, I think I would take or take Kansas State. Three and a half is kind of small. I don't know, even though it's only a point and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder what the money is. Who the money is on? Yeah, the wise guys with the money line, with the money? What do you have? What the money line is?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see right now there's a lot of minus won sixty six for Arizona. Yeah, so if they win, you have to win. You have to put down one hundred and sixty five to win one hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sixty five percent of the bets are on Arizona.
Speaker 3: So there the money is on Arizona. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's obvious because the people think that Arizona's playing very well at this time, and they are realistically, but you know, I don't think they're paying enough attention to Kansas State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't realize how big home court advantage was in college basketball.
Speaker 2: It's been that way forever. Yeah, it was when I covered them with with Luke. I mean, it was easy to tell. And Arizona's the biggest game of one of the biggest games of the year. For those guys, they want to prove that they're capable, you know, for every same for the same reason Arizona goes into Kansas or to Duke or wherever, proving that they could play.
Speaker 3: With these guys. Yeah, yeah, say it works the other way, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Anything else, I think that maybe it okay today break if anybody else wants to call, you can call in five two zero, four one, six, seventy four forty. We'd like to hear from you, just to spout off about tonight's game.
Speaker 3: Who do you have? Why do you have them?
Speaker 2: I'm sure that no one's gonna call and say they have Kansas, especially people here in Tucson, although they have to be aware.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And in fact, sal Bookman from P and x P and x X that talked about this, where he says, you know, if you're thinking it's going to be an easy game, you're totally wrong because they play so well and they have been playing so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll see anything else. Let me see, I'm gonna kind of looking through my phone for stuff.
Speaker 4: Dion Sanders said, if should door Sanders doesn't go first, that why would.
Speaker 3: He be mad?
Speaker 2: Oh that he wouldn't be mad if it it didn't happen. Yeah, okay, uh kushah blah blah blah eh. I think that's pretty much it, right, Yeah, okay, if you want to call the last chance to give us a quick call before we take the break and get a hold of Errand at four seventeen, because I think we're going to go about four thirteen. We got about six minutes here. Again, what else is going on? It's a big schedule of college basketball today too. I think that Arizona's games. In fact, I'll call it the schedule. Kentucky and Tennessee are playing. Yeah, the Kentucky and Tennessee. That's the first of the BEG game. Florida Mississippi State at Mississippi State I wouldn't be surprised. I saw an Upstate there upset there, Auburn at Vanderbilt, Auburn's, you know, obviously the number one team in the country. Purdue number seven, at number twenty, Michigan another good game. I would take Michigan at that at home. I always stayed at UCF. I would state a number ten now after a couple losses here last week, Arizona Kansas State three and a half over ANOTHERS one forty nine five MHM, Georgia at Texas A and m Bama at Texas.
Speaker 3: Another great game. So we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 2: So a slew of very very good games, I think Arizona's games on ESPN Plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a call. Okay, cool, Hello, Hello, you're on the air.
Speaker 7: Hey Steven is Doug.
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey Doug, Doug, what do you think about tonight?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, I'm excited. It could be seen as a trap game. I guess when you look at some of the bigger main games up ahead on the schedule. Yeah, we've still got to play Houston, Baylor, Iowa State, and Kansas and three of those away from home. Right, But but I've watched hands State over the years under Jerome Tang, and they're they're really good at home and obviously winning at games. They're pretty good on the road. This you know at this point now as well, So I know they're going to get our full attention. And uh yeah, I mean I like us tonight. I think we'll be all right. You just never know when, you know, everyone just goes cold once or the other team just catches fire. Because when when Kate State was going, you know, I think they lost nine out of ten games at one point this year. Uh, they've found their shooters since then, you know. Yeah, And that that center that they paid two million dollars to get from milanois, oh my god, he's coming on.
Speaker 8: So you just never know.
Speaker 7: But I mean, you have a I mean, you can't be in a much better position than we are right now going into a road game like this. I mean, we've got a lot of confidence. We've got contributions from you know, up and down the rotation. You never really know who's going to go off on a given night, which which can sometimes drive fans crazy, but it's also tough to defend if you're the opposing coach and you're like, well, is Carter going to go off tonights? Henry is the Deli going to go off for you know, six threes tonight. And I like that about this team.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, what's the most favorable thing you have about this team.
Speaker 3: It could be anything, Well.
Speaker 7: What I just said, which is the versative play, because we've had we've had a lot of teams where you could just focus on shutting down Jared bayliss right, or just focus on Derek Williams or like somebody else just mentioned him, or whoever it might have been through the years, and this year, you know, or DeAndre or whoever it might be, and this year it's you know, obviously Caleb is the focal point of of the offense. But you know, Bradley's gonna drive it on you, Deli's gonna pull up and shoot. Vsar is gonna pick and roll, a walk is going to get a lot of put back, you know, rebound, you know put backs. You just don't know where it's gonna come from. kJ Lewis is. I mean, he's hot and cold, but he's still his his efforts always going to be there, and you don't know if he's gonna I mean, he had fifteen points last game, you know. So that's that's what I really like about the team. And I think people are under selling Towns and I know a lot of people are down on him, but I still think that he's an important piece because we're already without Crebus for the year, so you still need some you know, some bulk in the middle. And so I just like that about this team. The versatility and the.
Speaker 3: Job that Tommy's doing.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely, I mean, you know, the grit. If he had gotten that for his first year's team to play with this right this fire, right we we we would have definitely at least competed against Houston better. In that three sixteen game. You wouldn't have seen you wouldn't have seen the Princeton effort, right with the way where they're playing right now, sure that the way we played against Princeton, right yeah. Or last year against Clemson, I mean I think we were we were something against a really good team that played played lights out. But I just I just like the the intensity that, you know, especially defensively. I think that's what he's most proud of, is the defensive effort. So yeah, I mean, there's a lot to like about it. I'm not saying that we're that we're just destined for the final four, we're just going to walk through everybody, or that we're not gonna, you know, take some more losses down the stretch here in the Big twelve, because the schedule is definitely backloaded.
Speaker 2: Right right, No, No, you're really more than realistic about this team, because I feel the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so far, so good. Right.
Speaker 2: Uh, let me ask you this because I asked Michael v with this yesterday. Anything short of a blank would be a disappointment.
Speaker 7: Well, it depends on when you're asking me. If you ask me on Christmas, I would say anything short of a tournament did, right, But now that we've shown who we can be, I'm going to go back to sort of the traditional Anything short of the Sweet sixteen would be a disappointment. And you know, gone are the days of winning those second round games by thirty nine points, you know, like we used to do in the late eighties. Second round games. Now you're playing another top twenty five team. Yeah, and that's that's usually a coin toss game. I mean, I guess whould we play last year Dayton Maybe in the second round?
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 7: And so you know, the higher the seed you get, maybe you can get like a Dayton instead of Ohio State in the second round. But if you're playing Ohio State, Michigan, you know, Louisville or someone like that in the second round, your season can easily come to an end. So I don't like to have, you know, like these ultimatums. Oh, if they don't do this, I'll be disappointed. So for me, I will be the the point if we don't make it the second weekend, and I'm just just living for living, for surviving long enough to see another Final four. Right, it's getting.
Speaker 2: Old, ident it because you fans have gone through a lot and it's like Jay, when did you get the rose bud?
Speaker 3: Well, Well, you know what happened there?
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, for sure. One other great topic. I just saw a headline come through that the Rio Nuevo District is going to be partnering with the U of A for a lot more like joint marketing, and and I like that idea because it's going to make basically gonna put a lot more U of A signage around the downtown area. And of course Rio Nuevo is going to be advertising downtown businesses at U of a games too. But I've been I've traveled all around the country. I've been to like two hundred campuses, and there there are certain cities where you'll see, you know, Richmond signs all over the city of Richmond, not just around the campus. And you'll see that in you know, You'll see that in Tuscaloosa.
Speaker 5: Or you know, wherever you go.
Speaker 7: And I I, like, I've never really stopped to think about that, But when I go to downtown Tucson, there are a lot of bars and restaurants and stuff, but I don't.
Speaker 8: Really see a lot of you of a signage, right, And so I do like, I do like that idea.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to see you.
Speaker 2: That's good, A good point. Good point. Thank you, Doug. Thanks for the call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, guys, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: We gotta go quick, We gotta go get a hold of mister Aaron Crowley.
Speaker 1: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website bails.
Speaker 3: That's bails.
Speaker 1: Enter it right now, Fox Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 10: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement from the latest slots in table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment, to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 3: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 10: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 3: Are you ready enterprise of Fasca Yuki Try.
Speaker 11: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets, available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Maddy to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Windowdepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 2: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the.
Speaker 5: Leading edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 9: On twenty second just west of will Not Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 9: Salespeople, managers and agents with a Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items. And Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from.
Speaker 3: Don't forget your corporate apparel.
Speaker 9: For a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two we Aid Wes Drackman or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 13: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpe is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, That's Volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven Arizona BKO nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to Lyndrix syncredit grates and available loan programs or subject to change the unt notice.
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 14: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, showtime cards is your ultimate destination as one of the leading card shops in the country. We've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games, from rare fines to the latest releases. Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on e Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 9: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonas for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five two OHO seven to four to Roho twelve thirteen rout.
Speaker 3: Sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 6: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation. Today, baseball fans, it's time to experience the thrill of the game like never before. The World Baseball Classic Qualifiers coming to Tucson, Arizona, and you don't want to miss this incredible event. For four action pack days, the world's best teams will compete for their spot in the Global Championship. The games are set for March second, third, fourth, and sixth. Join us at Keno Veterans Memorial Baseball Stadium Field. The excitement is powerhouse team from Germany, Brazil, China and Columbia take the field. Visit World Baseballclassic dot com to secure your seats today. This message is brought to you by the Southern Arizona Sports Tourism and Film Authority.
Speaker 11: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress. The Window Depot is here to help. At the Window Depot, we're your one stop warehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between. You'll find it all here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom, or whole home makeover. Our experience designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports Sports Team fifth Day.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Ian the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm Steve Rivera, you're Kobe.
Speaker 2: And then we're gonna get a call here any moment now from Aaron Crowley, the tournament director at the Color Guard Classic. Actually I had him call here in about a minute or so, So anytime now. We're gonna talk about the big tournament here in about three weeks, as we get closer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what else he else?
Speaker 2: Those good calls big game here in about a little bit little more than ninety minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeh two hours, no oh yeah, two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a six thirty star, no six o'clock, six o'clock by about six ten. Yeah, we gotta go. Okay, Hello, you're on the on the air and I on the Ball is this eron it.
Speaker 5: Is how we doing?
Speaker 3: Guys? Bye? Right on time trying. How are you doing over there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Living the dream? Baby, living the dream? How you guys doing?
Speaker 2: We're doing? Okay? You got about what three weeks?
Speaker 15: Yeah, just under three weeks? Uh three four the little over threeks for the tournament play starts, but we go full throttle in about two and a half weeks on properties.
Speaker 2: So tell me what's the like Tuesday? In three weeks? You have a pro am, right, we do?
Speaker 15: So we actually have our first event that we start with, which is pretty cool. It's sold out right now, is the amms. We have an Amateur Bramble that takes place on Sunday, okay.
Speaker 5: To play the tournament course.
Speaker 15: And then Tuesday evening we start our our pro am pairings dinner event, and.
Speaker 5: Then Wednesday morning, bright and.
Speaker 8: Early seven thirty shotgun.
Speaker 5: Start for our pro am days.
Speaker 15: We got seven thirty shotgun, one pm shotgun and then same thing on Thursday, so two full days of pro am excitement.
Speaker 2: So so who are the amateurs? Are they some of the survivors or people who paid in?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's yeah, there's the mix.
Speaker 15: So the the am am stuff is actually just it's a great kind of charity golf tournament, as you would say with just kind of anything around Tucson. So it's a lot of community involvement. There's a few survivors that play on the AMM and then the program days a mixed bag, so it is part of our title sponsors. We've got individuals, we've got corporations that buy in, and.
Speaker 7: Then we also give.
Speaker 5: Slots for the survivors.
Speaker 15: So that kind of that's a big thing for color Guard that week as they bring out they're trying to hit I think four hundred and fifty survivors and advocates for the week, which is which is a pretty amazing thing. So and they guests to participate in that as well, which is really cool.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, if you had a chance, and maybe off the top of your head, could you give us a survivor story one, but you have what four hundred and fifty options?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's you know, We've got actually one of and he.
Speaker 8: Participated last year, Jim by the name.
Speaker 15: Of markt And he's actually with Barshool Sports is who he works for, and he's gosh, I want to say, he's thirty one or thirty two and he right now, it's his his cancer is is uh is what's what's.
Speaker 5: The word I'm looking for?
Speaker 8: Mission mintmans mission mission.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So he's stage four.
Speaker 15: Colon cancers when he was diagnosed with a year ago, a little over a year and a half ago now, And so that's one of many stories that again it's a little different for us because of the Tucson Conquistadores and you know, our primarily focused within youth sports within the southern Arizona community. Getting to partner with Color Guard and have that interaction with some of their survivors and and what this.
Speaker 5: Tournament means to them.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it is kind of breathtaking that we get to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think you're on the show two weeks ago after the big press conference and I said this to you, and I still believe this. In fact, I took this back to our people all tour. Uh that you guys uh coll of Guard and you guys do a great job of marriage because it's like it's like a marriage that you know that Color Guard's involved, you know what I'm saying. They're that in tune with the thing and their name is out there not a little, a lot, yeah, and I.
Speaker 5: Think the part too.
Speaker 15: And it's been an evolution, right, you know, you know, all of our marriages have gotten better over the years. You know, starting off the beginning, I think it was, you know, a song and dance of trying to figure out where where our mission fits, where their mission fits, and and their mission within the PGA Tour champions the age demographic was perfect and we really needed a title sponsor.
Speaker 5: And now we're finding that synergy and.
Speaker 8: Connectivity with them and their mission and our mission and bringing.
Speaker 15: Them together and and really now right now, at least in my opinion, when when I see color Guard, I think of what we're doing in southern Arizona, and hopefully when those around think of the tucsonkan Ki stores, they're thinking of what color Guard's doing on a on a global basis.
Speaker 3: Right, no question.
Speaker 2: And you I'm sure you'd see this when you're out and about in your normal world, and I see it, the color Guard hats, and where.
Speaker 3: Did they get them? Of course at the tournament.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 5: An of them think my dad has four.
Speaker 3: Right, right, so I think he knows.
Speaker 8: Somebody, Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 2: So okay, so you gave that stitch for Tuesday, Thursday, and then Friday it starts right yep.
Speaker 15: So Friday we've got play will begin at ten am. We have our opening ceremonies on Friday, and I think that's around nine. We'll open the gates a little bit earlier than normal, and we're changing locations. So last year we did our opening ceremonies on the fifteenth Green because of just the the local We've got our Survivor Central, so color Guard put together a really big hospitality tent for their survivors and advocacy.
Speaker 5: Groups to attend, and so we use that. But this year we're actually.
Speaker 15: Doing right behind the clubhouse and so I think it'll be easier from a spectator standpoint, So if you want to come out early, we're gonna have a pretty cool flyover that the folks at DM fifty have helped us coordinate and put together, and.
Speaker 8: We'll have a national anthem sung and then a.
Speaker 15: Few remarks fire title sponsor by the PGA Tour and US as well, just welcoming everyone of the tournaments. So it should be a beautiful opening ceremony always gives me chills, and watching some pretty cool aircraft fly right over the top of Bla Paholma and hit the cattle in the mountains and break off is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, because you're right up there against the mountains here near my office right now. But let me ask you, I think one of the biggest things when they move from the Omni to here, you thinking, well, how do you can to accommodate for parking and what are they gonna do with that? You guys did a fantastic job. Can you tell people not to worry about that because you have it covered?
Speaker 15: Yeah, what you experienced last year. We are fortunate enough to get all of our partners back involved with securing lots and our bussing and the routes and and our entire you know a dot and everyone else in traffic that we work with to make sure that you.
Speaker 5: Know, for those that aren't attending that happened to be around in.
Speaker 15: The area, that you're not bombarded by what's happening ATLAPO women, because that area is rather tight. But parking is gonna be really like I said, rinse and repeat.
Speaker 5: So for those that utilized.
Speaker 8: Our general admissions parking, which.
Speaker 15: Will be located out with our partnership with the University of Arizona out towards the Accenter right there off of Campbell and Roger, and then we've got some other preferred parking VIP parking for more of a higher hospitality structures will be closer to property that they get to.
Speaker 5: Walk right on.
Speaker 15: So a pretty seamless event from the parking side, which is what we always hope for.
Speaker 5: So it's good to get that feedback.
Speaker 2: Can they can they find that out at the website or where? How can they find that out?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 15: Yep, so col guard classic dot com is where you can locate all the parking venues and layouts and also hospitality ticket offerings, general admission ticket offerings, and where your designated parking would be. So we've got all that secured.
Speaker 5: Yeah, enough on the website.
Speaker 2: Okay, So uh, I mean Steve Rivera wants to go Friday, Saturday, Sunday, but he only wants to go one of these days. Does you go to the website to get tickets? What's the easiest way? Because you know that's you were in Tucson and it's always like a drive up.
Speaker 3: What do you want to do? Mildred? Well, what do you want to do? Let's go it? The game?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, right, Yeah, it's exactly which you know.
Speaker 5: This is definitely not a drive up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 15: If you don't know what you want to do, but you want to go and you just want to buy ticket at the venue, our general admissions, we do have available ticket purchase at the gate, so you just park it to our general admission parking if you don't want to buy a ticket ahead of.
Speaker 8: Time, but if you do, which I would recommend.
Speaker 15: Just secure it, get it done so you have it. Color guard Classic dot com. On the ticketing offerings, you can buy single day, you can buy the entire week, and you can specifically if you're looking for hospitality venue, so we've got per ticket items. Trophy Terras Club sixty two are our two main hospitality daily ticket offerings. Those are going to sell out in the next week. We are at capacity from a build structure standpoints won't be adding any more space.
Speaker 5: Too, so I would recommend going a SAP if you want that.
Speaker 15: If you just want to get on property to as a general admissions and walk around and see it, We'll have plenty of available tickets either at the main gate or online as well.
Speaker 2: And Sunday I think the finals, the final like leg a little up to two to thirty, you know, you get there like ten.
Speaker 7: Enjoy the day, yep, yep.
Speaker 15: So we have generally around four thirty four forty five is when that last putt drops, you know, dot on would we don't have a playoff.
Speaker 8: Those are always a little uh, a.
Speaker 15: Little tough to navigate extra holes.
Speaker 8: But yeah, so I mean if you're wanting to come.
Speaker 15: Out and quite frankly, depending on who you want to follow, we'll have our pairing sheets post it so you can see.
Speaker 5: Who goes off when and where we go split teas.
Speaker 15: So we go off of one and ten both days. So plenty of golf going on, and if you're looking to catch the last leg of it up there by the clubhouse, you know, coming around nude one o'clock and hang out for three or four hours isn't a bad way to spend your Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: So I'm talking to Aaron Crawley, the tournament director here at the Color Guard Classic. So if Mildred and I want to go break a hip, we have our chance to do that to Friday and.
Speaker 15: Saturday, you absolutely do. So you can make your way around around the golf course.
Speaker 5: So this year.
Speaker 15: We had found more patrons, more mildred and you work their way on the north side of Sunrise to watch the first.
Speaker 5: Nine holes of competition.
Speaker 15: And so we're gonna have a little bit more concession area so you know, refreshments along the way. And it's a hike. So I mean it's you know, quite frankly, if if you've done it before and you have followed golf before, even if it's a omni, that's still kind of a hike, right, I mean, you're still walking a good a good few miles around.
Speaker 5: This one's got a little bit more elevation change. But we were surprised to see how.
Speaker 15: Many bodies we had out there following golfers on the on the front.
Speaker 2: Nine, no question, because I was thinking of somebody else. You didn't take my bait. It was the ice ice baby routine.
Speaker 7: That was yeah, I got you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: If you really want to break a hip on a Friday night, come out to Relief Tho Park. We've got Vanilla Ice rob based Tone Look will be our Friday night concert show and you can get those tickets at r o c qfest dot com or cool guard Classic dot com. You can go either either spot for the Friday night general admission tickets. There are some VIP tickets available as well, and then Saturday is going to be Ah know I'm putting out there right now. I have not seen co weepsle live myself. I have watched some videos of his live performance and some of the feedback that we've gotten from his team and also some publications. You will not be disappointed in the show. He puts on a phenomenal show, plays hard for the hour and a half two hours that he's up on stage, which will be a really good show on on Saturday night, same place, same time.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl has nothing on the Color Guard Classic when it comes to entertainment.
Speaker 15: Nothing nothing that what I what I will tell you is it won't be a blowout after the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thankfully. Yeah, Yeah, Mildred and I will be happy. We'll be happy on Friday sun.
Speaker 15: So you'll get you get that's right, you'll get your full you'll get your full ticket value out of it.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: Great, We'll talk to you one at least one time before you guys who will have you in talk more about this and then maybe get a golfer a bo Thanks man, appreciate Arin would love it.
Speaker 8: Thanks you, guys, do we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Aaron Crawley from The Color Guard Classic. A lot of fun, good times, good easy casual time to be walking around the golf course.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Maybe we'll get to some.
Speaker 2: Callers here on our final segment as we end the day here on Tuesday. Now, if you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one, Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 5: Hey walk at Nation.
Speaker 16: Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team over at Arizona Health Insiders. I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nationwide coverage, and I get to pick my own doctor for lesson two hundred dollars a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the exchange and you want real health insurance called Arizona Health Insiders four AH three five five one four four four four AH three five five one four four four.
Speaker 9: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 3: Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tucson, Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance.
Speaker 3: With the Edmond Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands.
Speaker 2: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 3: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 4: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 3: Edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 12: On twenty second, just west of Wilmot, Tucson.
Speaker 9: It's time for the Cola Guard Classic by Exact Sciences March seventh through the ninth at La Poloma Country Club and the Western La Paloma Resort and Spa. Come see some of golf's greatest players competing for the coveted Tucson Canquisador's Helmet. It's PGA Tour Championship Golf at its finest. Don't forget to join us Friday and Saturday Night under the Stars to watch Vanilla eisen Co et Sol live in concert at Rito Park The Coli Guard Classic by Exact Sciences, benefiting colorectal cancer awareness in Tucson Youth Sports. Get your tickets and more at Colo Guard Classic dot com. This that is brought to you by file Bomb Crowley Investment Group at OURBC Wealth Management.
Speaker 17: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union. We believe less is more. Less peas need more money in your pocket, Less hale means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Less is More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two Sun Spectrum Pyramid Federal Credit Union, where Less is More federally insured by NCUA, an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Subscribe now to the.
Speaker 1: Podcast on the iHeart Radio while just search Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I'm the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Kobe. Kobe.
Speaker 3: You don't have a car here, do you? No, I don't. Do you have a car at all? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Yeah in New York? Okay, you know, purposely don't have me here to drive? Yeah, yeah, right, so far. So I just saw that Arizona or Tucson is the number one city in the country for worst drivers. Really, Barstool Sports just put it up. I think I can believe that. Yeah, tell me to tell me why you believe that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's not that it's just hard to drive here. I feel like because all the intersections.
Speaker 2: Okay, the year, the mile mile mile, all you know on the square. Yeah, yeah, the worst one of all them. Did you imagine that? Let me just see here. Let me let me see if I can name off some of the other ones.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Albuquerque was there, Phoenix was like number seven, you know, New York. No, no, no, no, no, Phoenix, Memphis, Albuquerque. But Tucson was number one. At least we're number one in something. Yeah, not pretty, not pretty. I'm trying to get the list here. Barstool Sports published it, and I just saw it and I said, well probably. I'm sure they've never been to Taos, New Mexico. That yeah, horrible, but that's a small town.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He got to go through some winding roads to get out of town. But it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the.
Speaker 2: Game starts here in about ninety minutes, right, see what happens. I don't know if Townsend is gonna play or gonna start. Probably not, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: Do you think Carter Bryan will go to the NBA after this? Good question?
Speaker 2: I'm seeing some of that on the on the the old Twitter and the X.
Speaker 3: I don't think he will.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's ready, but that doesn't mean he won't, right, But he's capable of playing one more year and then going.
Speaker 3: Because he's that good.
Speaker 2: But he's he has he has so much potential, right yeah, but but and that's but that's what the NBA is all about, the potential.
Speaker 3: But do you want to see him get the potential there or here? You know?
Speaker 2: And I'm sure he's making some nice coin here, yeah, and probably to stay even more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was probably I saw like mock draft pick number twelve. Really yeah, but who was the source? I don't I don't remember, but it was a few weeks ago. But if he can go number twelve, like I would think if I was him, I would go. But I don't think he could. I did not think he would be a top twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and those things are hitting mess right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It depends what twelve year old is putting those things together, or some twenty five year old or what forty year old guys doing it. But is he capable, no question. Is he one of those top players?
Speaker 3: Yes? Is he a number twelve? I don't know.
Speaker 2: And should he stare or should he go? I think he should stay at least another year. I agree, Yeah, and we've seen that happen. But for you don't come on Dale and Terry was nowhere to be found, and then all of a sudden he's being drafted in the first round.
Speaker 3: So who's to say, So we'll see. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We talked a lot of night about the about the Lakers game. I'm seeing some of the video now, mhm'. He doesn't to me, he doesn't look fat. He's just a big dude. He's just how he's built. He's kind of like SpongeBob. Yeah, do you think it's good that he's in a big market. Well, you know, he's in a good, big market that will bring some some some hope again to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Lakers guy, so you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy they go from Lebron now they get Luca.
Speaker 3: Well, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Once Lebron leaves, Luke will be the face of the of the face of the program or the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw some reports on my Luke that Bobby Hurley may not come back or likely not to come back.
Speaker 3: Really, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm always gonna get a lot of grief here when he comes here on March fourth. Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know. How do you get tickets? How soon can you get tickets? You as a student?
Speaker 4: Well, I have Zona Zoo, so it's you sign you sign up for I have it, and it's like Saturday at ten am.
Speaker 3: You had to get them.
Speaker 4: But I didn't get them in time because it's very hard for the Houston game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did you see that? I think college Basketball report, I think I saw it this morning. I'm trying to get them on the show and they don't respond because I'm not sure if it's a if it's a bot or whatever, that Arizona. Hear this, No, some of the big games today. We talked about that, right, some of the bigger games today. Yeah, Kentucky Tennessee should be a good game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: College basketball rankings eight wins, six So I'm just thinking again, pigs are here.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I'm getting scam calls already.
Speaker 3: Uh God, I've just lost it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: College Basketball Week fourteen by category. Uh, Florida is the best. Uh, Arizona not in there. Some of the best Arizona probably, Okay, teams that currently fit ken Pom's National Championship criteria.
Speaker 3: Could you throw me? Throw me some names.
Speaker 4: Auburn, Tennessee, Alburn, Tennessee, Iowa State, Florida.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Of those ones that you mentioned, i Aowa State, in Florida, and Auburn are and are the only ones that you mentioned. Illinois, Iowa State, Maryland, Houston, Texas Tech, Arizona, Duke, Florida, and Auburn. And it's the teams that currently fit the Ken Palm National champion Criteria, which is twenty six percent of National champions Champion champions since two thousand and one, have had top twenty one ken pomp offensive pre tournament, so they're in the top twenty one percent offense and combine that with ninety one percent of the top thirty one defensive in the before the tournament. So just these six teams or nine teams. Yeah, is Duke on there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Duke is there? Duke? I think Duke would be my pick. I like Duke and Alabama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Alabama's not here, So it's Illinois, I Alway State, Maryland, Houston, Texas Tech, Arizona, Duke, Florida and Auburn.
Speaker 3: If you had to pick one team, who would you pick?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't put picked Duke because I think that the pressure gets to them too. Well. I think it's Chockey. It's Auburn, but Houston could be there too. Last year, remember did you watch last year? Remember they got their guy got hurt in the final minutes. I think he hurt his ankle. They were very tough, very good, and then he got hurt and there I think I picked them last year to win it the problem Yeah, and then they got hurt, so then their chances got beat. So I think Houston and Kelvin, maybe d uh Arizona Arizona gets to the final four. That's way, this would be fantastic season. We can beat anyone, but you can also lose to anyone. Correct, Correct, it's just how they get up that day. And in fact, after losing to Cramp Leaps and last year, Arizona was labeled as the worst team to lose to lower seeds all time. Yeah, because they've been higher seeds most of the time they've lost.
Speaker 3: Definitely. Yeah. How was that for you.
Speaker 2: Last year when they lost? Were a freshman here, right, Yeah, that was awful. Definitely expect to be Clemson. Yeah, not as bad as the Prince loss. Yeah, well you were just you were coming. You were not even here yet. No, it was you were senior in high school. Did you want to change schools after Yeah? I know, right, but you didn't.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, had you already committed? Are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Committed like a few days prior to that game.
Speaker 2: Oh did you not committed? But you were already determined? Yeah, not like you're a student athlete. Yeah, Illinois. I don't see what Illinois has, but you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah they boswell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then ESPN has in their bracketology, they're already has Arizona's a three seed moving up. Yeah, that that'd be like over the top.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: So, in fact, Sunday they're going to announce the bracketology through the CBS, you know, an announcement where they are at this point in the season on Sunday. Yeah, not this point, but on Sunday's point. So that means that they would have to win tonight and then again on Saturday m against Houston to do very well to be in the consideration of top sixteen teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah. To think that there would be in this position during Christmas.
Speaker 2: Way yeah, no, way, even even now. I mean, they've beaten the best teams they've beaten They've beaten Baylor, but they play them here. They've beaten Texas Tech where they play them here right here? What other games then, and I would stayed here here right So three big games all here. Yeah, so the back end of the and we've talked about this, I bang you and I'm not trying to you know, pooh pooh, what's happened to this point, But realistically they have to go on the.
Speaker 3: Road against these teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and Kansas they have issue here and I can't remember the top of the top of my mind, who else is left?
Speaker 3: Because they have what eight games?
Speaker 2: About eight games and then we just mentioned Iowa stayed on the road, Kansas on the road issue at home, Houston here, Kansas State. So some other one or two games left, probably on the road. Just got to play up to the potential. I mean it's easy to say, right, tough to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they have the talent.
Speaker 4: They can and they've always had the talent. Yeah that that's never been a question, right.
Speaker 2: I think the time he's got them playing well at this time. I don't know if it's the right time. Everyone talks about peaking all that. Everyone's peaked at the right time for a number of years and nothing really came out. Yeah that's how you play that day. I don't know where you watching the game with your with your brothers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the house. It's good. It's not a late game, h right, right, because you gotta study.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't help you guys study you fret guys. Uh you what you follow Saint John's Yeah.
Speaker 3: New York. Yeah, they're having great season.
Speaker 2: Patino's a heck of a coach. Yeah, he's a heck of a coach. He might me in my mind is probably the best coach of college with college basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: To put a program like that that's done nothing and then two years be top ten team is very impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, we'll see what happens here in the next few weeks. Uh, Saint John's some of those teams. You know, we don't know how good Kansas is. Sometimes they look good, sometimes they don't. Houston always looks pretty good so far. Florida looks fantastic from time to time. They could get me tonight, Great games tonight, Yeah, great games tonight.
Speaker 3: Yukon's unranked plays Xavier two. You never know.
Speaker 2: For Sean Miller, he's played hot and cold this year with his group of guys. Are they ring They're not ranked, No, So we'll see what he comes up with. I think they'll make the tournament, though. New Mexico has played pretty well under Richard Patina Rix Rix.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They coached against each other. Yeah, yeah, he he. I think Richard parties. This is his last year in New Mexico. He'll probably be plucked.
Speaker 2: Somewhere to go better school, better, Yeah, bigger basketball school.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of Indiana's one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, although although who's the already up who's the guy at Indiana who's going to be the place? Oh? Maybe a beard from Mississippi State. Yeah, that should be a part miss I'm yeah. And he's a heck of a good coach. So is the guy in Mississippi. When he was at New Mexico State, did wonders there and then left to go to Mississippi. Mississippi State, I'm sorry. So we'll see what happens. Who has the most points? Who who has to show up and play well?
Speaker 4: I think Bradley shows up and plays well. And I think Caleblove he's a hot and cold games. I think tonight's one of his hot games.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, look I asked you that question almost two hours ago, and you did not change your mind. Yeah, I think that. I don't don't. I don't disagree with you. I think Jane. Jane's kind of been the the steady straw, the consistent guy that's get him, does exactly what he does, assists a few turnovers, score some points. Uh, he just needs help, obviously. I think walk is gonna do well. Underneath he's been doing well.
Speaker 3: Why not? Why not think otherwise? Henry has been amazing.
Speaker 2: But Henry too has run caught and cold ye, although he's been running hot lately again. I think Caleb, Caleb needs to show up with better shooting percentages and they'll need him in March.
Speaker 3: Why not start now? Yeah? Right, okay, we ready to go.
Speaker 2: How much you got about a minute thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for coming in joining me. Dave was out.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna have Blake tomorrow and then we'll have Jay's being on Friday, and we'll see what we have on Thursday. So thanks everybody for the calls, saving me for the day and hope we were insightful. Thank you Reggie Geary, thank you Aaron Crowley from color Guard. And we gotta go talk to you guys tomorrow