Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap.
Speaker 1: But the post game coverage is just getting started. The success is the failure. Let's discuss this is Clippers locker room breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers. Here's that a moss lead.
Speaker 3: The Clippers lose a heartbreaker. Hear it into it Dome to open things up in the twenty twenty four twenty twenty five NBA season as they fall in OT one, sixteen to one thirteen to the Phoenix Suns. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm at a Oslin coming up second half. Highlight your postgame box score, and we will have Clippers stoff tonight eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. But now we're rejoined by your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Carlo, unfortunately, you were very prophetic. You talked about a team scoring first in OT I don't know if it's Carlo's law, but we're not.
Speaker 4: We're especially not after a loss. I'm not taking credit for that.
Speaker 3: I do think those points are more pivotal than people realize because it sets its tone immediately. The Clippers were in a bit of an uphill battle, and Phoenix was relentless in getting downhill.
Speaker 5: In games of the line, anytime you look up at him and you see ot and you're trailing, it almost feels like, even though there's five whole minutes overtime, you wouldn't really stress. The Clippers were down four points with two minutes left in this ball game, but it feels more stressful when you have four minutes left and you're down by three, simply because the overtime rule. I will say in the WNBA finals, I also was correct first bucket winner did win in overtime. But want I don't want this. I don't want that credit. Especially tonight Clippers played downhill. I think they took that ninety nine to ninety lead at him, but ever since then they played a little bit from the bottom of the hill, fighting their way up. They tried in this one. I think fatigue had something to do with it. You can play as many preseason games as you want. You're not gonna mimic NBA action, NBA run. We saw James Harden feel like just run out of gas at the end of that one. Unable to hit that free throw, a rare miss for a guy who's been so clutch for this Clipper team. That could have tied things at one fourteen, and then the ball goes off his hands on the inbound on the next one.
Speaker 4: Just something that the Clippers.
Speaker 5: They let this one get away, no doubt, but I think there's a lot of positives to take away this system. How they played the entire second half on both ends of the floor. I think we're excellent. Kevin Durant did Kevin Durant like things, but the Clippers made it tough every single time when he had the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the Clippers team that had thirty nine points total in the first half. Their offense was doa after Vitza Zubats picked up two quick fouls, really threw them off the rhythm, off their timing patterns with some of I know it's not football, but with some of the movement out there on the floor in the high pick and roll between James Harden and of Vitza Zubots, it just really disrupted this team in the first half. And then that third quarter they found themselves. They figured out who they have to be on the offensive end to generate buckets in the half court, and it's as simple as high pick and roll with Avitza Zubots and James Harden. Those two combined for twenty six of their thirty five points in that third quarter to have the lead heading into the fourth of Vitza Zubats and James Harden both putting together a much better performance in the second half. But as you mentioned, James Harden, I felt like just ran out of gas. He's thirty five years of age, and we know they wanted to keep their minutes or his minutes down to around thirty four to thirty five. He ends up having to play forty late in this one because they go into ot and you could just see he was a little bit more lethargic out there late, leading to some mental mistakes and then also the turnover late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eight turnovers in this one for James Harden, something the Clippers can't have when you consider they have twenty one on the ball game.
Speaker 4: But when you have the ball in his hands so.
Speaker 5: Much, you're gonna expect some turnovers, probably more than last year, just because Adam that usage rate is going to be so much higher for James Harden.
Speaker 4: The Clippers fought in this one.
Speaker 5: A big turning point something you mentioned Ivitza Zubats fouling out late in that fourth quarter. Harden doesn't have the robin to his batman on the offensive end, and the Clippers unable to really get rhythm on that end. Again, I think there's still a lot of positive that mere coffee to close the game was excellent for the Clippers. Defensively, Chris Dunn is a fun defender to watch. He MUCKs things up, he gets in the passing lane. He's fantastic on the defensive end. Derek Jones Junior was great. I thought Kay Jones even could have played more in this contest with a way he was able to attack the rim. If anything, we take away, Adam, if this is a Suns team projected to finish top four in the West, there's a Clippers team that can run with some of the best in the West.
Speaker 3: Hey, you mentioned it the Achilles heel for this team. As good as they were defensively, they held Phoenix to one hundred and three points through four quarters, so the defense definitely showed up even in the first half.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 3: I believe the Suns had what forty seven to forty five points, They didn't break fifty, But the turnovers over and over again, and some key ones. Obviously the most key one late down three with three seconds left late in this ballgame. But you mentioned the ones by James Harden, he struggled throughout the preseason with turnovers. I think it's as simple as they're trying a little too hard to find angles to make things happen in the half court with guys that you know aren't used to playing as much isoballer aren't used to having so much on their shoulders to create for themselves offensively, So therefore the passes have to be perfect. And Phoenix was very good in transition with their transition defense, especially in the first half of this one, where the Clippers weren't getting those easy buckets we saw throughout the preseason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Phoenix did a great job at him of getting back on the defensive end, really forcing the Clippers to play in the half court, and that forces them to slow things down on the offensive end. I would like the Clippers to continue, even if it does lead to a couple extra turnovers. I think having that threat on offense we saw how many times Derek Jones Junior was able to get up in transition, finish in transition, Norman Powell, I think was a really really bright spot for this Clippers team today, especially on the offensive end. He was able to get out in transition. The Clippers played aggressive norms defense, by the way, I'd loved when the deflection numbers come out later to or probably early tomorrow, I'm definitely gonna look for how many deflections Norman pal had and this one felt like he was everywhere on that end. This is a good Phoenix team. I mean, this is a very good Phoenix team that got better from last year, that has some of the best ISO scorers in the game, and the Clippers were right there all night long. And this is a Phoenix team, Adam. They're starting five outside of Tyas Jones has been together for an entire season. The most of their bench has been here for an entire season a year ago. The Clippers meanwhile bringing in a whole bunch of new pieces. It's gonna take some time to mess and Jeel, you don't have the luxury of maybe playing some of the lower teams in the NBA. The Clippers, of course, take on a lot of playoff teams to start the season. I think five of their first six games are against playoff teams. So the question is going to be for the Clippers, can you learn and still come away with victories as the season goes on. Ten of Phoenix's thirteen points in overtime. Adam at the free throw line. Have to be more disciplined on that end.
Speaker 3: It's just not being able to defend without fouling. We talked about the aggressiveness and the approach on that end with Jeff Van Gundhi and how the are going to call it. It's a judgment call, but it obviously greatly affects the brand of basketball the Clippers are trying to play out there. Not saying it was called unfairly tonight, it's just the Clippers have to be aware of that. Niko Batoum was picking up fouls left in right in the second half and seemed to not have an idea exactly what was a little bit too physical or what he could get away with out there, and that was a little bit alarming to see a vet like that who was about to turn thirty six not know what a foul is. So there were some players out there who are understandably frustrated, I think. But the Clippers lost this game because Kevin Durant was able to hit a tough jumper over a double team to get this ball game into ot where the Clippers at one point had a nine to ten point lead in that fourth quarter where they had a chance to really step on the gas and pull away and take that lead to fifteen or twenty points. Credits to the Phoenix Suns they got out. Those were those moments where they got out and ran, got some easy buckets off de flections, and the Clippers turnovers really killed their offense during those key minutes where Phoenix got back into the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Phoenix is ability to take advantage of those turnomers to get out and run to be aggressive downhill. They did a fantastic job of really seizing the moment, especially late in the game getting to their superstars. You really miss Kawhi Leonard in this one, Adam, because you feel like down the stretch Kawhi Leonard couldn't be somebody to take that load off James Harden to score the basketball to get downhill to create himself. I mean, the Clippers have a couple of superstars. The problem is Leonard out according to Sham Sharania for multiple weeks in his report. So James Harden's gonna have to be mister Clutch for the Clippers, and let's be honest, he was clutch get down the stretch, just could not get that last free throw to go.
Speaker 4: Credit Phoenix.
Speaker 5: They clearly are a team hunting, trying to prove that last year was a fluke after being swept in the first round by Minnesota. I think the Clippers adam proved who they are today, A scrappy team that's gonna fight hard and probably not shoot twenty seven percent from three night in the night out, a couple more of those go, I think the Clippers come away with a win today. Your two best three point shooters, Norman Palin James Harden three for sixteen on the ball game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is absolutely ball club that looks to have the makings of a team that Clipper Nation can be very proud of. Because the effort was outstanding and in a game where the offensive advantage and the talent disparity was greatly in favor of the Phoenix Suns, the Clippers more than competed in the second half. They had a chance to pull away late in the fourth quarter, weren't able to do so tip your hat to the Phoenix Suns. They'll be right back here next week on Halloween, October thirty first, for a rematch here at Into It Dome. As for the Clippers, their next game in Denver on Saturday, a back to back starting in Denver against Nikola Jokic who is no Jokis and the Nuggets, and then on Sunday they're taking on the Golden State Warriors up in San fran at Chase Center. So you're getting tested early here. But I like the fight we saw from this Clippers team. It's exactly what we expected with the way that this team has been constructed.
Speaker 5: Yep, you got two days off and then you got too straight back to Banks.
Speaker 4: Baby, here we go.
Speaker 3: More Clippers postgame coming up next. But Carlo Jimenez, my friend, great call is always what talk to you from God. I was about to say Pepsi Center. It can't be that anymore Ball Arena. As the Clippers fall tonight one sixteen to one thirteen to the Phoenix Suns, Carlo, talk to you on Saturday, Clippers in Denver.
Speaker 4: We back at him.
Speaker 3: Let's go baby, Let's go coming up next second half highlights. Clippers drop one inn ot add into it Dome in Game one of the twenty twenty four twenty twenty five NBA season. And you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network the Clippers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Clippers falling ot hear it into it Dome in the opener one sixteen to one thirteen to the Phoenix Suns, Welcome back into your postgame show. I'm at a Moslin tonight. We will have Clippers talk for you. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Let's get to your post game box score here, Oh Clippers and James Harden in the second half, that was the story. James Harden was fantastic. A Viza zu Bots got them back into the game in that third quarter. We talked about it. Big Zoo absolutely had to turn things around after a dismal first half, but ended up with ten points in the third quarter alone. That's what you wanted to see from Aviza Zoo Bots. Because the positive and the biggest one I'm taking away from this ballgame is they found how to play offensively by the time the second half started. That's it right there. The Clippers had to click in with Big Zoo with James Harden, and that got them going in the half court. Were those two combined for twenty six of their thirty five points in that third quarter alone, and Big Zoo started things off with a push shot. I said, for them to get it going, it starts with Big Zoo here in this third quarter, and it was exactly that. The Clippers also, we're starting to be able to get downhill a little bit, starting to get in transition. Zoo had a dunk on an outlet pass. It just looked like he found himself and the Clippers found their identity on the offensive end. That is something guys I was extremely concerned about in the first half. Well, we saw in the first half there were so many possessions where guys were out of position, where they were trying to do too much or not do enough. Kevin Porter Junior really struggled in this game. We'll talk more about that. I know some of you were saying we needed Jordan Miller. Look, they took the Phoenix Suns to ot and it took a tough shot over a double team by Kevin Durant to get them into two over time. But overall, Clippers shoot forty five percent from the floor after they were at thirty five percent in the first half, so I think they shot a fifty five percent in the second half. And after starting, I want to say it was two of sixteen or two of twelve from three. The Clipper started to get something to go. And how about a Mere Coffee spectacular performance twenty five minutes, four to four, two of two from the outside, and a Mere dropped eleven points. They're not in this game without a Mere Coffee as well. He was incredible that three hit at the end of the shot clock, the straightaway one from thirty feet out. A Mere Coffee there was doing a little bit of work and I talked about him all preseason. He looked really good now. He also talked about Jordan Miller and guys fighting for minutes, and I thought a Mere Coffee really established himself as being somebody that has to stay on the floor for the Clippers right now as they're looking for offense. If he can provide offense with the defense, he was a to play on Kevin Durant, who still had that crazy step back over him, and James Harden, who came over to help with the contest. Like Amir had a couple of turnarounds on the paint and then two three pointers eleven points more than did his job on the offensive end, and you know what he can bring defensively. This was a game though, where the Clippers couldn't defend without fouling. In key moments. The Phoenix Suns attempted thirty four free throws and were knocking all of them down in ot and that was the difference. I give him credit because it looked like the wall had them rattled early on. But then there were some issues with Phoenix and it was Yusuf Nurkic who knocked down a big shot and a couple excuse me, free throws late more on that quick time out will come back. Second half highlights. Clippers fall one sixteen to one thirteen in ot here at into It Dome in their first contest. I'm Adam Moslin, and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, Best.
Speaker 2: Fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 2: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 3: Credit the Phoenix Suns. Clippers had a nine point lead in that fourth quarter. They were in control after a Terrence Man reverse bucket on a Chris dunnsteele. It was eighty eight to seventy nine, but the Suns would go on I believe a twelve to four run. They got the game into ot and they outscored the Clippers there thirteen to ten as they were knocking down all their free throws. I believe it was Bradley Beal who hit a three pointer. Clippers lose by three in the home opener and the into a dome opener. One's sixteen pint thirteen was your final. Clippers head to Denver for the front end of a back to back. Tip time from Ball Arena is at two pm on Saturday. We'll have your pregame show starting at uh I'll make it one pm. Outside of Los Angeles, we are leaving you until then. But if you're watching on the YouTube side or listening to us on AM five to seventy LA Sports coming up next our first season edition of Clippers Talk. We'll take your calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy Clippers fall one sixteen to one thirteen at home here and into it Dome to the Phoenix Suns outside of Los Angeles. Talk to you on Saturday in LA. It's Clippers Talk next.
Speaker 1: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ending, hoarding judging. This has been Clippers locker Road, a postgame look at today's skim.
Speaker 2: Every game all season long.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network, phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron.
Speaker 2: On Demand, the Clippers Show of.
Speaker 1: Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and.
Speaker 2: Postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 3: Well, if you already disliked the Phoenix Suns, here's some salt in the wound. They take down the Clippers in their home opener in OT one sixteen to one thirteen. Here at Into It Dome, Welcome in to Clippers Talk. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll try to get to all your phone calls because just taking you till the top of the hour. Later tonight, we'll do some Clippers Talk after dark after I get home from Into a Dome, so look forward to that. Appreciate everybody in the chat. Here our h on the YouTube side at Clippers Talks, and this is the best Clippers Talks channel on YouTube. Thanks for all the hard work, Adam. This Clippers team motivates me. I saw a team tonight that you guys can get behind. I saw the lunch Payal type of team. The underdog Clippers look like they were about to pull one out against a Phoenix Suns team that has far more talent on the offensive end right now than the Clippers without Kawhi Leonard they do. And the Clippers were miserable offensively in the first half. They were as bad as I feared they could look in the half court in the first half. If things didn't go their way and there was a disruptor, something that threw off their rhythm, their timing, their offense. It was Big Zoo picking up two fouls right away. I actually said it on Clips and Dip. Just the other day. We were arguing about who would be taken out of the game first, and I said, you know, if Big Zoo picks up two fouls, well that changes everything. He'll be the first guy out. That happened. Kay Jones came in, did have a couple of dunks, dunked on Mason Plumbley, But that Clippers team in the first half was down forty seven to thirty nine, their defense keeping them in it when they were shooting under thirty five percent, but the Suns were only at forty two percent, but they had hit ten three pointers. The Clippers, though, battled back immediately in that third quarter. I said on Twitter, things need to change with the Vita Zu bots. Immediately in the third That's exactly what happened. Big Zoo got to work. He got them their first bucket of the third quarter, a little push shot, then he hit a jumper. Do I have to apologize to someone who's been talking about Big Zoo and wanting him to take more jumpers. Well, he made one all of last season. He made one in their first game so far this season. Now it was unguarded. They gave it up. It was about a thirteen footer, but Zoo sunk it. The momentum shift happened, another shout out of a timeout after a challenge by Phoenix. Then Zoo had a dunk on a long outlet pass. I think it was from James Harden. Zoo had ten points in the third quarter alone after just five in the first half. James Harden, after going two of eleven in the first half right there with his pick and roll partner. Those two guys played together. When things are going well, they're going well. And that's what happened in the third when Harden woke up too, because after starting two for eleven with four points, by the end of the third quarter he had quadruple that number. He had sixteen points in the third alone, and the Clippers led heading into the fourth seventy four to seventy two. And I credit the group that started the fourth quarter with Big Zoo leading them was awesome. They were really good. They were a scrap be scrappy bunch there was a good fall away by a Mere Coffee, a done steel on KD Man misses the layup, Chris duns there to put it back in. Then Kevin Durant missed a couple of free throws, a Zoo hook shot, a Norm jumper, a KD three, and a Mere turnaround jumper. Again, the Clippers were thriving the mix of some second unit guys in Big Zoo and Norm. It was working guys. They got up by nine. It was eighty eight to seventy nine at the seven to twenty seven mark of the fourth quarter. After Terrence Man had a really nice transition playoff at Chris dun Steele where he got the reverse layup to go side stepping defenders a little up and undermove. But that's when things started to go back in the favor of the Phoenix Suns. Terrence Man missed a couple of free throws. That's the theme tonight. Clippers just twenty one to thirty at the charity stripe. Tias Jones then got an easy one. Think it was in transition. It's eighty eight eighty one. A Mere Coffee then knocks down the late shot clock hoist a prayer you gotta put it up. Three pointer from thirty two feet out straight away. Clippers are up by ten now, but then d book three pointer answers it, then a two pointer, a mirror another three. Clippers are still up by eight. With five twenty three left, it's ninety four to eighty six, but Phoenix has started to find their rhythm. Yusef Nurkic gets a six footer to go. James Harden pull up overties Jones. Clippers still up by eight, but then Tias Jones got in transition easy layup. Clippers defense was nowhere to be found. Back comes James Harden, overties Jones hunt the mismatch. Clippers up by eight. They're up by nine with three fifty two left in the fourth quarter. After a mirror goes one up two at the at the line, they're up ninety nine to ninety. You gotta take that game home. You just have to up nine. Three fifty two left. Devin Booker clutch three kd tough two. Clippers started to clank some. James Harden missed a tough thirty foot three pointer, then a floater in the lane that was short. All of a sudden, it's ninety nine to ninety five, Devin Booker's at the Charity Stripe. It's ninety nine to ninety six, after Terrence Man fouled out, then a James Harden turnover takeaway by Tias Jones. That was I believe the post entry past to of Vitza Zubats as Phoenix had gone small and the Clippers were trying to exploit that, but they were probably trying to little bit too hard. First of each A Zubos picked up that bad offensive foul. That was actually the next possession. I should say they got it back after a Roys O'Neill offensive foul, but they were trying to force feed him a little bit and the Clippers weren't able to execute their offense. Tyas Jones finally got a block on a James Harden layup where he couldn't get to go. Look like there was contact, didn't matter. KD and one on the other end with a minute thirty nine left, and all of a sudden, it goes from the Clippers being up nine with just under four minutes left to Phoenix up by one. James Harden got back to work though after KD completed the and one to put him up one on one to ninety nine. James Harden tough step back jumper over Tias Jones. Clippers get a stop after Grace and Allen miss. Then it's James Harden at the line. He made both free throws with forty one seconds left, Clippers up one oh three to one oh one. What is Katie Kevin durant to? He goes slim reaper mode that fifteen footer fallaway over a mere coffee and James Harden tough. That's the shot right there. Clippers couldn't get the stop. Tie ball game. James Harden floater bounces off the rim. Couldn't get the friendly role. Then goes into overtime and the Clippers lose this one as Phoenix was living at the charity stripe and the Clippers offense and James Harden missed a free throw late and then had a turnover down by three with three seconds left at the very end of the game. Heartbreaker. We'll talk more about it next quick time out. Sixteen to one thirteen was your final. Clippers lose to the Phoenix Suns here add into it. Dome coming up next. Phone calls if you're watching on the YouTube, side. I'm flipping around the laptop just so you can see postgame here at Into a Dome we're live. I'm at a Maslin and this is Clippers Talk on a five seventy LA Sports. You're home with the Clippers, the.
Speaker 1: Clippers. You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Clippers fall one sixteen, so one thirteen, n ot hear it Into It Dome they start off the season. Oh and one, they start off into It domeh and one they're in their into It Dome era. Man the Suns. Something about the Suns. Clipper Nation already was upset with them after tonight, even more so. Welcome back into Clippers Talk. I'm at a Maslin. Whether you're listening on a five seventy LA Sports or if you're on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk, you want to get in on the chat here. People are talking about if Harden could just lock in the last two minutes. Look, I'm not putting the game on Harden. If he has to do that much to win every night, guy, that's not a recipe for success. I'm telling you right now. That can be very problematic hard and playing forty minutes. They don't want that. They know that's not sustainable. They know they have a back to back coming up this weekend. The guy who came in to spell him tonight was not very good. And Kevin Porter Junior thirteen minutes one of eight, couldn't find a shot, took some ill advised shots. He has to be better. There were a lot of Clippers that can play better, and even James Harden going two of eleven to the first half. Look, if he starts faster, if their offense starts faster, they're not in that position where they're down at the half like that. But they battled, and they had the lead with just under four minutes left, up by nine at into a dome over Phoenix. They couldn't close it out. They ran out of gas. Tough one Klipernation, I get it. We'll start things off with Brandon in Nashville. Brand random drops Jose and Southgate.
Speaker 2: Jose, what's that at him?
Speaker 6: What's up at him?
Speaker 3: It's appropriate that you're the first call on Clippers stock right.
Speaker 6: Come on, yes, sir, Look this game was not on Harden. It was on Carlos for mentioning the first point in overtime, and it was for you mentioning those two thousand on Zuba. Now, I'm just kidding, man.
Speaker 3: I was going to way to start things off.
Speaker 6: God, look, I'm trying to players.
Speaker 3: Decide things right. There is no broadcasters jinks. The players are the ones who put in the work. We don't take credit when they do well. We're not going to take credit either of the blame when they don't.
Speaker 6: Look at them. I'm just trying to laugh.
Speaker 3: Okay, alright, I got you. Continue.
Speaker 6: Oh man, for a second, I was in my second place when we were scored this for five minutes. But after that it's up until probably three men in mark in the fourth quarter. The office were great, We're moving the ball, everyone was touching the ball, everyone was coming off screens. But then when once we got close to the game, I mean closer end of the game, it just stayed in James harden hand, which I get it, you need to keep us in there. But we just got to keep that motion going. Oh that's a tough one at him, but I want to have lost an any any other way out shame under Dog New Doghouse, class Dog, clip.
Speaker 3: Ard Jose and Southgate always ends it with that, and then we give a little clap afterwards. Great start here on Clippers Talk. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy Where is sewn and Inglewood?
Speaker 4: JJ?
Speaker 3: The boy is asking on the YouTube side the goat Sean from Inglewood? Where is he? That was jose and Southgate. You guys can't hear the callers. That's a little bit surprising. I'll check on that on the YouTube side. More Clippers Talk coming up next. You're on a M five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the La Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 2: Best fan invest arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 3: Clippers lose one sixteen to one thirteen here at the Intuit Dome home opener in ot tow the Phoenix Suns. Welcome back into Clippers Talk. I'm out a Maslim. Whether you're listening on AMPIRE seventy LA Sports or on the Clippers Talk side on YouTube. Frankie Boy nine says, they're in the chat. I love this Clippers team. My god, we played pounds to pound with a team with supposedly three All stars. Yeah, you can't knock the fight. Harden with twenty five points in the second half. I know he missed the free throw, he had the turnover, but guys, he had multiple blowbys late in the game where I was like, whoa, this is not last year's version of James Harden. It's not Philly's version. He had more burst. You know, me and Dime Dropper are always watching for that. Uh, quickly here Alan leaving the game, you're on Clippers talk here on MPUs seventy LA sports Ilan.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know a couple of thoughts. I'm sitting in the Swell section, and I actually do think that section is making a difference. I think it's intimidating and it had a brilliant and it's working. Uh it's called it's getting the Clippers a couple extra points a game just through miss free throws and stuff like that. You know, I just would have loved to have seen it. Looked like Powell had you know, a little bit of a stroke and sowed a coffee, and I just don't think he saw Duran. He scored every important basket you know, in crunch time. And I don't think we just have to go to hard end for everything. I think there were other guys who could have thanked a couple of shots.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem.
Speaker 7: He was frustrating.
Speaker 3: Harden was the one who got him in like he was making all those shots until he wasn't. So you kind of had to see if he still had the hot hand, right.
Speaker 7: I I he was.
Speaker 3: He was the one who was cooking him.
Speaker 7: But you know those two times when he could have taken a shot and he was intimidated by Durant in the paint, by those long arms, you just wish he had put those up.
Speaker 3: What about the crossovern Durant to get to the basket, like he also blew by him and drew the.
Speaker 7: Foul great so then widen.
Speaker 3: So basically when he made them, but you didn't like James Harden when he missed them.
Speaker 7: No wrong, I liked it. I liked it when he took the shots, and I didn't like it when he passed off. And it looks like he could have taken the shots and he didn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't earlier you were saying, get the other guys involved. Now you're saying you liked him when he took the.
Speaker 7: Shot, So then bill a play. If he's not gonna if he's too scared of Durant in the paint, build a play around somebody else made him think somebody else is gonna take a shot.
Speaker 3: Again, he got downhill, got to Durant. I don't know, I don't know exactly what you mean now, and I'm trying to follow.
Speaker 7: You really want Harden taking every every French time attempt, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want any one player always taking every shot. But you just said, so yourself take the shot, but then don't take the shot. I'm having trouble following you.
Speaker 7: Alan you're building, you're building a play. You're building a play around the guy, and he's all the way in the paint. If he's not going to do it. If you built a play and he's not going to take the shot, then he's not the guy to build the play around that.
Speaker 3: What shots? What shots was he not taking? I just don't understand because you started off by saying he took every shot, and now you're saying he's not taking shots. That's the disconnect right now.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, I'm saying he took, had every offensive play built around him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a system nobody else can create like he can on this Clippers team. That's how they were able to score at all.
Speaker 7: I looked, I saw guys who looked like they deserved a shot to take some shots and have some plays tried around him, and in crunch time there and they didn't take it. We don't know when Kohy coming back. This is not a way to win games. In the fourth quarter. You saw with somebody like brand who's like kind of turns it on right there at the end and made those key shots.
Speaker 3: Alan, I appreciate it. I still you're all over the place a little bit. I appreciate the phone call. I do. I just don't know what you want. Like Harden is going to run the offense for this team. That's who he is. That's how you generate everything off of him. And it wasn't every single shot. He took a lot of them. He made a lot of them. He's the reason they were up by ten. A lot of that was him. So it's tough, quick time out. We'll come back, we'll close things out. Clippers lose one sixteen to one thirteen in the into it dome opener. More of your phone calls eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy when we return here on a M five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: I love this team.
Speaker 2: I never miss a game.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA hipperst basketball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Clippers losing ot to the Phoenix Suns here and into a dome one sixteen to one thirteen in game one here and into a dome game one of the regular season. Clippers come up just a few shots, a few plays short. KD hit a really tough shot at the end of regulation over a double team. Harden came over to help. Didn't matter. He's seven feet tall. The Durantela, with long legs, long arms, was able to create enough separation. Some of that is just, you know, an all time scorer, one of the best ever, a Hall of Famer, being too good for the Clippers. The people want Jordan Miller. I'm seeing that. In the chat on the YouTube side, Lee Iban said that Michael Torres said, hopefully KPJ can shake off the rust in the next few games. He has to score for this team to have a shot. I mean they have a shot even with him not scoring tonight, So I'm not sure that's necessarily accurate. He was that bad and the Clippers still were up by ten in the fourth quarter. At one point, up by nine with just under four minutes left. Have to find a way to close out that game. I know we have some audio post game from coach Lou. It's quick here. I want to hear from Coach Lou in this SoundBite, maybe a little bit of insight on just went wrong? What what? What went wrong? Spit it out Ocelind's late in the ball game with the Clippers up nine, with nine with just under four minutes left, what's it.
Speaker 1: Like on the floor looking up at that wall?
Speaker 8: The wall's crazy. That's our six man. Those guys allow you know, they're into the game. I think even made Katie miss two free throws, you know in a row, you know, just being loud, and so we need that every single night. And it was good to see.
Speaker 3: What's it like on the floor looking up at that wall? Ye, same question, We got it the walls. Coach Lou there talking about the wall, and it was everybody there at the wall performed. I thought the into a Dome experience was top notch as you would expect. Everything went off without a hitch. It's just unfortunate that Clippers couldn't come through, as the crowd really helped them rally and did make a difference. Like Allan said on the phone line earlier, and I want to point something out that you guys have been bringing up in the chat, but one of the encouraging signs tonight was the Clippers having thirteen offensive rebounds and out rebounding Phoenix fifty one to forty two. You don't often lose a ball game, and I guess you could see this both ways, depending if you're the optimist of the pessimist. You don't typically lose a ball game where you get up fourteen more shots than the opposition. Both teams had twenty two turnovers. The Clippers lost after getting up fourteen more shots. That first half offense and especially from distance, was just miserable. They figure that out. They put it together for forty eight minutes on the offensive end, with Big Zoo and James Harden both playing to their capabilities like we saw in the second half. They'll be okay, but it's gonna be a tough matchup. Obviously on Saturday in Denver versus the Nuggets, the front end of a back to back. That's an afternooner starting at two pm with your tip off. We'll have your pregames starting at one, and then they'll be on Sunday in San Francisco taking on the Golden State Warriors, so two of the more competitive teams in the Western Conference before they return back to into It Dome next Wednesday against the Portland trail Blazers. Clippers gotta find a way to at least get the split this weekend. They have two days off. I like this early schedule where it's I know the back to backs are tough, but you also get two days off in between, and therefore can work on smoothing out some of the kinks in the offense. We saw too much of that in the first half. Foul trouble didn't help a lot of things. To be encouraged by Clipper Nation and everybody here and into It Dome was amazing tonight. You help this Clippers team get back into it. I just ran out of gas a little bit late. And Kevin Urant, yeah, he's great. He's very good at basketball. As Brian's deeman would say, Clippers faull On's sixteen to one thirteen in ot to the Suns. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Know what Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, the head engineer here at the Dome, Into it Dome, Katie Newton our producer back in the bank. We'll talk to you at one pm with your pregame show on Saturday.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 1: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk made eight