Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Knway is worth fighting for, right, and that's why Trump's going down this tariff road. Now. I'm no expert on tariffs, but I trust Trump on this for lots of different reasons, including the fact that the present trajectory is going to crash us and the American way depends on making stuff here and not depending on other countries, let alone some of our enemies. So what we're doing now isn't working. So I think this is worth trying. So let's go back to the phone lines. It's been fascinating, just an explosion of tremendous callers. Not all agree, obviously, that wouldn't be any fun, but boy, I can't wait for this call. Let's go to a Dan in Denver because the rumor on the street is that this is Dan Johnson who sold me and I'm still grateful for it to this day. The amazingly beautiful Corvette that I had for too short a time because our too small garage required it to to go away so my wife could park inside. My decision, not hers, Dan, is this you it is? How the heck you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? And I sold that corvette to a dear friend of mine in Austin, so it's it's home.
Speaker 1: Oh. I am so glad to hear that, curly one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever seen. Not even get into the car thing. It was just beautiful to sit there and look at My wife was the same way. She loved looking at it. It's just amazing. Does your buddy still have it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I talked to them all the time. He loves it.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you understand. So my wife and I sat down together, we came up with that color scheme and everything else because you were so kind to allow us to order one from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know whether you remember, but you had a Tahoe from me too for.
Speaker 1: Well yes, oh well, and more than that. More than that. That doesn't just a couple of them, you know, one of the greatest cars. And I know this sounds unbelievable, but true. We talk about it all the time. That Traverse that we had from you was one of the yes cars we ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about that. And yeah, yeah, you're talking about the tariffs, and I'm no expert either that I understand that Mexico and Canada isn't affected right away, which is probably good for you know, the you know, because a lot of General Motors and Ford I think the f one fifty Rions cars built in Mexico. I think, okay, and you know, hopefully that's not affected too badly. Uh, you know, but we all have a lot of stock right now, so you know, it's a hopefully it'll even out and it's a short term problem that you know, I don't. I don't know what to think. It's it's very interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, I know you're an expert and I'm not. And now I assume you're still withll In Lyle. I am, and I just want to put in a plugged everybody, not a paid plug, but len Lyle Chevrolet out and Aurora. Where As Dan mentioned, I've had the Tahoe, the Corvette had that Traverse for a while, and I know there were more just a phenomenal My experiences with the dealership always phenomenal, So Dan on the tiff. Then for people sitting here today saying, Okay, the headlines say twenty five tax on foreign imports, you're saying it's more complicated.
Speaker 2: Than that, I think. So, Yeah, there's so many parts that are built here, there and everywhere that you know, go to Mexico, go to you know, wherever. You know, we have cars that come from Korea. We have two of our smaller cars that come for Korea. Not when I'm a little worried about because I don't know how he's going to handle that, But yeah, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: General Motors hasn't really talked about it at this point what they're going to do. I'm sure I'll hear something in the near future, but I guess we wait and see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, i'd love to have you back on as this becomes reality and we see the impact on the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, you're welcome to call me anytime, Dan, You have myself, so yeah, tell me anytime.
Speaker 1: I will do that, my friend. Thank you, thanks for being on today.
Speaker 2: You bet take care, you take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan Johnson. I've got to tell you just you know, I have never met a better person in the car business. Is separate apart from the car business. You talk about a solid guy, always good to his word, always going out of his way. Yeah, yeah, real deal right there.
Speaker 3: Just to clarify, although I respect that Dan thinks that I drive a Ford F one fifty, I wish it is actually a Ford Focus manufactured in Michigan.
Speaker 1: But your focus is on the F one fifty. Okay, Yes, so we're clear.
Speaker 4: That's exactly to tell you.
Speaker 1: I absolutely loved my F one fi. Yes it is.
Speaker 4: It's the original pickup truck.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to remember why I got rid of it. I can't even remember why I got rid of it, but I absolutely loved it, and everybody in the family loved it. There was no downside to that vehicle. Let's go to Dean and Arvada. You're on the Dan Kaplis, so'll welcome.
Speaker 5: Hey Dan, good afternoon. Uh. I just I guess I'm an.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how people think the reciprocal TEARFF isn't fair. You know, the guy from Kentucky Ram police put us in a recession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how how is it then that they put put.
Speaker 6: Two hundred three hundred percent tariffs on us? But that didn't put them in a recession.
Speaker 2: M hm, I mean don't.
Speaker 6: There's no explanations or like if we're going to collect the same amount of tear of money from them, and we are kind of like the big bully on the playground. We should be able to dictate our economics to the countries that need us. I mean, I think the USA could be self sufficient without any trade partners. I think they need us more than we need them, especially like in Vietnam. I mean we kind of could bully them around. I mean, I hate to use that terminology, but you know, we do have the biggest wallet, and you know it's okay. I think if we can dictate some of these terms.
Speaker 1: Deane appreciate the call. Thank you, my friend, trying to get everybody in. You know, I'm glad Dean mentioned Rent Paul because I have a lot of respect for Rent Paul, and I take his concerns seriously, and I have no doubt they're sincere. On the other side of the ledger, you have Dean's point and everything else we've been talking about, and clearly what we're doing now is not working, and we are on a trajectory toward a very, very bad place on multiple levels, right, whether you're talking the deficit, the debt, whether you're talking something that I think is even more important, which is the cohesion of America. Because to have a cohesive America, and it's never going to be all puppies and rainbows and unicorns, but to have a cohesive enough America, right, we cannot have this ginormous gulf between the economic haves and have nots. And we are trending toward that. And so I trust in Trump on this, I really do. And I understand there's risk involved. But can you think, in your life, or in America's life, has there ever been anything great accomplished without enormous risk. I'll take it a step further, Ryan, I challenge you. I challenged Kelly for an example. Has there ever been anything great accomplished without significant pain?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean this is going to be something that will be studied for history many years from now, Dan, and that it's really unprecedented, certainly in this century, and I would say even going back to most of not all, of the twentieth century. As to whether this tariff policy will have its intended effect, whether Trump will win on this bet on himself, I mean This is his analysis of the world trade market and America's place in it.
Speaker 4: And I have to agree with all of our callers here, Dan, I.
Speaker 3: Don't see how it's unfair for us to reciprocate tariffs. I might add, many of these are not as high as Donald Trump wanted to go. He wanted to go tit for tat you tariff as fifty percent, will teariff you fifty percent. But he went down the list. He had a sign a poster and it was about half. So whatever China tariffs us, we're tariffing about half in return. And I think that kind of tips his hand a little bit as to where he wants to go with this, which is not he doesn't want to have these tariffs last forever. They're intended to bring down the tariffs that other countries are putting on us. And this is the best tactic, bully tactic that he has arrow in his quiver to make that happen, to force that to happen.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate that, and I expect a little more credit from my philosophical point about but what great things in life ever happened without some pain? I think it's built into it's built into kind of the human condition. I mean, what's the greatest thing that happens in life, right, the birth Ryan Schuling, the birth of Kelly Cusera, the birth of everybody listening. Well, those things don't happen without pain. And so I'm just glad we have a leader. Whether this works or not, and I think it's going to or he wouldn't be doing it. I'm glad we have a leader who's willing to suffer some political pain for himself to try to break the cycle we're in, because again, the cycle we're in does not end in a good place. But I would also predict to you, and we could bet another Tomahawk, and I would predict to you that this is this victory is one much faster than people expect, because I think there are going to be a lot of deals cut because of what our last caller referred to the economic might of America. And once Trump commits to okay, I'm willing to suffer some political pain in order to get fairness for the American people. Well, the American might is going to be such economically that you're going to get a lot of actors who then cut deals. And and so I think the gain is going to be quicker than people expect. How about Mike in Beautiful Denver, Colorado. You're under Dan Caplish. Oh Ryan is ordering a break, Mike, I'm sorry, I just work here. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Nobody wants pain for their constituents. I don't want pain for the people of Florida.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump said, there will be.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 7: But you are making an assumption without knowing the details.
Speaker 1: I'm not making the assumption. Donald Trump himself said there was pain, and you're making an assumption.
Speaker 7: You are making an assumption, an economic assumption. Right now, Let's be very clear. The real pain economically has been the massive blow inflation coming from bloated overspending here in Washington, d C. That is the real pain that the American people have felt the last four years. Well, what President Trump is trying to do now is bring industries back to the United States.
Speaker 1: Boy, he is good and he's going to be a great governor of Florida. Byron, Donald's glad you're with us. We're talking about tariffs. I don't claim to be an expert for the reasons we've talked about. I trust in Trump on this and believe me, I share his goals and the current trajectory we're on, Yeah, n ain't gonna work. So let's have the conversation tying into that twenty five percent tariffs on American non foreign cars. Pardon me, as of tonight, so we're talking about the best American made cars in different price categories. Thank you Ryan for the bump music on Broncos. I can tell you we absolutely love our Bronco, which must be what two years old now because it was one of the first to come off the line and it must see it must be about two years old. But we love it. We've never had a single problem with it. A text rass before we go back to the phone lines, if you want to call three oh three, seOne three A two F I five have had tremendous callers today and text D A N five, seven, seven through nine, Dan says a texter. Why do you think Trump didn't do this tariff thing in his first term? Well, one initial two times see and see the coup and COVID right, he's up against a coup attempt in the Russian hoax, and then of course we had COVID. But but yeah, if you're gonna do it, this is a perfect time, I think, and opportunity to do it. Where are we going next? Young Ryan? Is it Mike in Denver, Colorado? You're on the Dan Kaplis Show. Welcome?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Then? Live in the dream, my friend?
Speaker 5: All right, I have to say, see, I'm on the down people. I guess the Democrats think, I don't think, or what the American people don't think. But I'm sure these other creations truf saying, hey, we're gonna do a little shift. I know we got probably share that they have to have too. You know, we may need products, but wish you all that you're chaffing us, so we don't care if you the stuff you need to So you either you want your stuff from us. You're gonna be fair with your chair. We'll be fair with our chair. And I don't know why of the American people or nobody, maybe I'm the only one. I think the people who listen to this show, they know your taking just listening to people weren't hearing, but definitely fair. I'm going to do to you, the same thing you're gonna do me. You wanna be thair of me, I'm gonna be thair to you. But Trump's even taking on one step further. He's saying, look, I'm not gonna hit you full blessed. Yet he didn't say that, but he's saying, I'm giving you a chance. So how are we going to do this? Are we going to be fair with each other? Or do we have to renegotiate some more? And that's really not all I have.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks, Mike, appreciate the call. We've had such tremendous callers today. And listen, we all understand, right, there are a bunch of foreign countries now that don't need our stuff as much as we need their stuff, in part because they make stuff a lot because of cheaper labor, and also because America has lost so much of our manufacturing base. Now, I know there is some stuff we make here people desperately need. I'm talking more broadly. Trump obviously is taking bold action. That's what he was elected to do to try to reverse this decline in American manufacturing. And you talk about a worthy goal on lots of levels and the economic Yes, it's enormous, but also for the cohesion of this nation, the need for a very very strong manufacturing base because of the type of quality jobs and the benefits and enduring jobs that that provides, and that goes to just the core stability of our society. Because I guarantee you this, and you know it's true. If we keep going down this road and there's this enlarging separation between the economic haves and the economic have notts, that's horrific for the cohesion of this nation. That's not going to work long term. That's going to lead to a lot of very very bad things on a societal level, a political level, an economic level. And it's also not consistent with most people's faiths. So no, I really appreciate what the president's doing. I don't claim to be an expert in it all. I trust him on this. And the other point is, wait a second. This guy he wants to win, right, He defines himself as a winner. It is his very persona and personal identity, and so he has such an easy option to all this that he's not taking. He's only doing this because he's convinced it's best for this nation and that it's going to succeed. I think he's earned the trust in that, and Lord knows, his political opponents have earned zero trust on any level. They're incompetent liars, most of them three or three seOne, three eight, two five five text d An five seven, seven, three nine. Let's get to us some more of our texters, Dan, Why do so many people think Trump is stupid and wants to fail. I don't know if there's anybody who truly believes Trump is stupid. I don't think there's anybody who truly believes Trump wants to fail. I think the Democrats are hysterical about the tariffs, not because they think they will fail, but because they think they will succeed. Because Democrats know the math. Once people start making seventy five thousand dollars in this country, they vote Republican by a significant margin. So Democrats are terrified. Tariffs are going to work. Trump is going to and the Republican Party extend its support among working people. And at that point, our biggest question is when do we plan the electoral funeral for the Democratic Party? Dan, You got to correct, all auto parts are foreign made, majory majority of auto parts until we get American companies to make them. Six months two years is how long we pay twenty five percent plus more for parts we normally get. Here's my big point that I think you're going to see deals cut quickly. So just for example, when it comes to to be I pick any foreign manufacturer of automobiles BMW is a bad example because they make so many cars here already. But you know we don't have to wait two or three years until they have their plants built here and everything else. I think Trump is going to cut deals and in exchange for this assurance that they're going to build this, this, this, this and that in America and some way to you know, verify and confirm and hold them to all that, you're going to see the tariffs lifted soon in exchange for those guarantees. I think that's the sort of thing that you're going to see. And so I don't think it's going to take all that long for this to succeed. Brian, my friend, sir, I know we only have a few seconds before this break. Then we'll get back to our calls and textures. But if the car ferry waved a wand right now and said, Brian, you have been a great citizen of this country and a superb iHeart employee. Wow, you can have any American made car. You have to choose it in the next five seconds. What would it be.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty two Chevrolet Corvette as driven by Tom Sellek and Magnum.
Speaker 4: Pi taker of a frat.
Speaker 2: Giddy.
Speaker 4: Well then I'm wrong, okay, but that's the car I want.
Speaker 1: That's okay. Well, I don't blame it. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast. So it's not so much pain.
Speaker 7: You might have some temporary adjustments in our economy, but that is for the growth of the American economy, long term stability and jobs over the long term for the American people and American workers. And that is actually a good way to take our economy as opposed to following the same terrible policies of the previous administration and the Democrats written large of just subsidizing industries and raising the debt of the United States. That is not the way that you that you actually build an economy.
Speaker 1: Byron Donald's talking about tariffs, and we've had a lot of great callers on tariffs. Obviously, a lot of different perspectives, but would love yours because it's real today, right. Trump put them on, as you heard in the newscast, ten percent generally, but China I think thirty four percent, Japan twenty percent. And then within the tariffs, you know, there are some different permeations there as well, so but generally speaking, yeah, it's on now, So I want to get your react. The reason Ryan's playing this great American car music is because we've had this big tariff put on foreign cars, and so we're talking about the best American cars, the best American cars for the money and hopefully and it's a big, big purpose of the tariffs, right is to bring back manufacturing to America. Car manufacturing front and center along with other categories. So yeah, talking about best American cars for the money, other issues pertaining to American cars as well. And you know, in the Denver market, we just heard a Sean Hannity spot for something called burn Up by RNA, which is a non lethal alternative. It essentially is a sophisticated is it pepper spray kind of gun? Ryan, I'm just looking at a.
Speaker 3: Non lethal gun for self defense, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And can you remind me let's make that a talk topic for a different day. I know we're doing tariffs today, but I'd really like to have that conversation because I'm going to go ahead and order one. And yeah, I've got my array of firearms, and if you saw me right now, i'm broadcasting remotely, I've got one sitting right here next to me. But I really don't want to kill anybody unless I have to. And I would guess ninety nine point nine percent of the audience agrees. And so if you're in a situation where a non lethal option will get the job done, I would very very much prefer to have that. It's also consistent with the law. So yeah, yeah, let's do another show on that. At some point, maybe Sean had come out and talk with us. Interesting. I'm sure he has a few of them around, but I like the idea. So let's get back to our calls and our texters on tariffs. Let's start with how about Denville. Let's go to Mary. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show. Welcome Mary. Hello, Mary, what a great name. I have a sister Mary' so wonderful, amazing.
Speaker 3: We're going to check you in on her. I thought I heard some background noise there, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, we look out for our people. Make sure she's okay. Yeah, well, we could talk about my sister in the meantime. Just a tremendous She's a school teacher in the Chicago area and kind of opposite of me politically, very good human. Okay, let's go to some more calls and text Dan. Did you see Ice arrested for deportation? The legal truck driver that was released this week after serving allows a year for the truck driving accident that killed people in twenty twenty three. Finally some justice. A couple of quick notes didn't even serve a year, which is just such a horrific miscarriage of justice. Was sentenced to a year. Don't blame the court. Don't blame the court. It was the DA's office that did that deal. But yeah, no, I saw that story. I cross examined him for five hours last week in jail. I deposed him. I have the privilege, alone with John Kellner and another colleague of ours, of representing the amazing, amazing woman who was married to Scott who was killed when steel pipe was dropped on him on two eighty five. And it's just it's one of the worst things you can possibly imagine. But like so many, his wife is standing up to try to protect others and waging a very very valiant fight to try to make our roads safer. So I, along with my colleagues, represent her in the civil case and we want a court order to be able to go in and to pose him in jail before he was to be discharged from jail on Sunday. So got about five hours with him last week, and so yeah, we're grateful for that time. It was an important it was an important examination under oaths. And then yeah, Ice was there at the jail and Jeff go when he was released on Sunday. And by the way, I do want to mention and I did that day briefly, but boy, the Jeff Co Sheriff's deputies who run that jail and who were involved that day incredibly impressive humans on every level the operation of the facility, but also just the quality of the people we interacted with because it was a bit production. You know, a lot of lawyers, reporter, videographers, staff, everything else, including our cent obviously front and center, and the jail just the way it was able to accommodate all that and make it work was extremely impressive and in the interest of justice, no question. Our text and phone notes we're talking about we're talking about these terroriffs today. An awful lot of car texts, but they get pretty darn long. This not directly related, but Dan, proper title for our steam governor pothole Polus. And then it goes into the rationale for trying to get rid of taber. Do you think that one's going to stick pothole Polus? I don't think and that's from Mountain grandparents. Thank you, Mountain grandparents. I don't think any nickname is going to stick for the governor right now. And I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way, but I don't think he's relevant to almost anybody right now. And that's not meant personally. I think it's just a political reality. Am I missing something?
Speaker 3: No, There's just so many different angles by which you can attack him. I guess the latest one, though, Dan, I think the one that will go down is the stone around his neck of his legacy is this gun grab bill. He's either going to let it oh without his signature and then automatically enter into law, or he's going to sign it.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's going to veto it.
Speaker 1: What what a total first, and not to get off our tariff topic too far, but what a total first. This whole idea now of requiring gun safety training in order to exercise your Second Amendment right as pertains to these particular weapons, it's so ridiculous in so many ways. Right, So now you're going to make it harder for poorer people or people of less economic means to exercise their Second Amendment? Right? How does that make any sense? But then also the starting point is that nobody can logically claim that that requirement, that burden is somehow now going to accomplish the alleged purpose of the bill. Really, do you think any of these masks killers out there are going to say, oh man, yeah, I got to go get my training before I get that weapon, right, I mean, give me a break. It is obviously this this political distortion right to try to somehow get this piece of legislation through that was never going to accomplish it's it's intended purpose. Well, it's claimed public purpose. So yeah, no, you're right, Ryan, I think that that is really going to hurt him because I think there is a ton of support in Colorado for gun rights. I think it's going to hurt him as he tries to go out there into this con job lane of some kind of moderate Democrat that he's trying to carve out nationally correct. Yeah. No, But my broader point with regard to Polis is simply that at this point in his term, and given you know the nature of his time in office, I just don't think he's relevant enough for any nickname to catch on. Heck, we can't even get anybody interested in talking about the race for governor or the race for Senate, right, No, I mean I think people have just tuned out. I think they just assume some Democrats are going to win. All Democrats are the same. They're all going to do the far left, crazy radical stuff. It doesn't matter which one you put in there. And I don't think we're going to get any interest, at least in terms of this talk show in the governor of Senate race until something happens to cause people to believe a Republican can win one or both races. Am I missing something there?
Speaker 3: Well, I could easily finish that sentence for you, Dan, until Dan Kaplis centers one of those races.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, thank you my friend. Here you are. I thought you liked me. But anyway, hey, we will come back and we'll talk about well, we'll continue this tariff talk, but since big impact on autos, twenty five percent on foreign cars starting tonight, let's come back and including the next segment, what are those best made American cars? Best cars for the money or for you know, some of the people listening they don't care about how much it costs, just the very best American car you can buy, regardless of expense. Here on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Fascinating, isn't it the way the Big Guy made us all of us? Just music can immediately like transport you back to all of these places and experiences, just a song like that. So we're talking cars today obviously because tariffs is the big issue. They're real now, honest today, and at twenty five percent tariff on foreign cars, there are some you know, exceptions, permeations within that, differences within that, but it's got us talking about, Okay, what are the best American cars for the money and for those people who don't care about the money, what's just the best American car you can buy, since obviously big thrust of this U pun intended is to bring manufacturing back to America, grow manufacturing in America, including you know, auto manufacturing, and so that's why we're having that conversation. So I love your thoughts on that text d A N five seven seven three nine three or three seven three eight two five five text? What model Corvette did you have? Very sad to think about it, because it's the greatest car I've ever owned, twenty twenty three Chevrolet Corvette three LT. And it it was a convertible. It was a convertible, and it's just one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever seen. Dan Johnson was on with us earlier from Lyn Leile's Chevrolet, who was kind enough to sell us that car, to sell us a build slot. So Amy and I together designed it white black trim, and one of the cool things about that Corvette is it as the black gloss trim, which against the white was just stunning and you know, not overstated though I've never mind it overstated, but then had the black you know, gloss retractable convertible top and just fantastic in every way car. We just needed a bigger garage because I just could not stand She never said a word about it. That's what a great woman I married. But but watching her park outside while I parked the Corvette inside just didn't feel right and threatened self threatened revocation of the man cards. So that's why I don't have it now. But if I can find it, and you could not keep that outside, right Ryan, I mean that would no, that would disrupt the universe. Yes that but no, no, I'll tell ya. So anyway, someday, someday we'll have that car. Glad you are here. We're going to talk some more about Tariff's tomorrow. This is going to be such a big deal, and it's interesting because I'm going to be talking about it more from the very hopeful, optimistic side. And I really trust my instinct I'm sure everybody listening does, right, or they wouldn't be your instincts. But I really trust my instincts, and my spider sense is telling me this is going to end up being a very good thing for America. And not getting back into the nitty gritty, we've talked about the whole show, but one thing I think you can boil it down to right. Is Trump is a winner. He's determined to succeed. He wants to be popular, not unpopular. He wants to be successful, not unsuccessful. He would not be going down this road unless he had a plan. He at a high level of confidence in. And he's also proven himself in different sectors, public and private, to be very adept, not perfect nobody's ever been, but very adept economically. So that's why I have confidence in all this. Without claiming to be an expert in tariffs, I'm an expert in my own four oh one k. And I know it hurts when you see the market drop. It hurts me when I see the market drop, But I keep reminding myself I haven't lost a dime yet in the market. I don't lose any of that money until I sell. And if this works, and for the reasons I've said earlier, I believe it will, then all of a sudden, you don't end up making money on this. But Ryan, one of my favorite calls in years, and it captures such a critical point was a call earlier from a woman named Carle and Hyland's ranch, and what she said was that, Hey, wait a second, She's willing to accept some pain. She's willing to accept some economic pain right now if it gets this country on track, if it gets this country where it needs to be, if it helps lots of other people end up with these good manufacturing jobs, etc. I think she captures the real heart of America, the real heart of America, because the greatest parents in the world, the greatest upbringing ever, and we're very fortunate have roof over heads, plenty to eat. We never lacked for any of that. My dad was a cop, my mom stayed home with us. But that has always been the spirit, right it was a spirit of our family. I think it's the spirit of working America, which is people aren't obsessed with getting every dime they can that they're they value what matters most, and so people are willing to sacrifice if it's going to lead to a better America, and it's going to lead to a fairer America and better long term prospects for America. And that is what Trump intends with this. So for what it's worth with is nothing, which is nothing. I'm willing to back that play. I'm willing to back it with my four oh one K to a point right, But I am so we'll get into more depth tomorrow. Final words of wisdom from you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just looking forward to seeing your bright, shining, smiling face tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You're in mean studio, right, Yes, yes, that.
Speaker 1: Is the current plan, though I'm deeply disturbed at the moment because, as you know, I like to get away to this cabin to prepare for trial, and it's been incredibly productive this week. And part of the reason is there's nobody around. Oh wow, it's just total silence, and then any noise is usually from wildlife. But they just came over and put a for sale sign on this structure across the street. Who's gonna move in there?
Speaker 4: You don't know?
Speaker 1: Could could be? Could be the grateful dad. Are they still around.
Speaker 4: Some of them?
Speaker 1: Man? Hold on, do you have your dad? That's yeah?
Speaker 4: What about your dear buddy?
Speaker 1: Hopefully always? Who knows? Who knows what they'll do to my dear Yeah. This is a little scary, yeah, because it's so productive, right when you can get that block time and you lock away and there's no noise and nobody around, but with it for sale sign, that could change soon. Brian, you're the best Thank you Kelly and Hey, we're gonna have a great, in depth discussion tomorrow on these tariffs. Thanks for joining us today on The Dan Kapla Show.