Speaker 1: It's nice time with Dan Ray. I'm waz Boston.
Speaker 2: All right. Thanks Dan Watkins, Welcome back everybody. We are once again very.
Speaker 3: Lucky to have with us tonight the WBZ car guys. We are about to leave the well, we've left the winter driving season. The summer driving season is upon us. So any questions you have about your car, you don't want to break down. You want to make sure that the tires are properly inflated. We've gone over some of that. If you missed it, feel free to join the conversation. Ask whatever question you want. As I often have said to people, the only dumb question of the questions you don't have the courage to ask, because that's always the question that's going to cause your problem somewhere down the line. So with that said, we're going to get right back to the phone calls, and we're going to go to Chuck, who's down in Georgia. Hey Chuck, welcome, How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Good? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 4: And Larry and Scott.
Speaker 2: We're doing great.
Speaker 1: Hi Jack, good evening.
Speaker 4: I have good good, I'm doing well. I have a question for you about a particular vehicle. It's the newly styled Hyundai Santa Fe with a two and a half Leader four cylinder turbo.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead. Did we lose.
Speaker 4: I have a question on a particular vehicle.
Speaker 3: We hear yeah, we could hear you perfectly. Is but if if that's almost sounds like a replay, yes, what is your question?
Speaker 2: Go right ahead?
Speaker 4: Well, I want their opinion on it, whether it's a good motor, good car. What?
Speaker 3: Okay, run the vehicle bias one more time because it was a little bit of talk over. Please, and you want your opinion. This is when you're going to buy or one you currently own.
Speaker 4: Uh I didn't buy it yet, but I want to. It's the newly restyled Hyundai Santa Fe with a two and a half Leader turbo.
Speaker 1: All right, well my first question to you, Chuck, Chuck, My first question is how long do you want to keep this car.
Speaker 4: I'll keep it for a while. I'm getting older.
Speaker 1: Now tell me what that means. Does that mean seven years, ten years, fifteen years, a year and.
Speaker 4: A half, probably keep it. I'll probably keep it eight or ten years.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not the car for you. There have been numerous Hayndai engine failures at relatively low mileage. Kir and Hyundai are.
Speaker 5: Not the cars you want to own.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, you could certainly lease one and turn it back in after two years, three years, whatever the mileage gateway happens to be. But they historically have terrible tow engines.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Larry, they have a ten year warranty on the transmission and engine.
Speaker 1: That you you need to look at it. You need to look that warranty over very carefully, Chuck.
Speaker 3: I think you get I think you're getting some good advice here. But and and I very rarely hear Larry as definitive on a specific vehicle. He's he tends to when you hear him this definitively. Uh, it's it's it's more than a yellow caution flag.
Speaker 2: It's what we're saying. Go ahead, Larry, mean to interrupt, Go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Chuck, Chuck. I I visited and I do consultation at a number of of professional shops. You would not believe the number of Kia and Hyundai engines I see replaced they Like I said, if you like the kind now, I think the car looks great. It's a it's a nicely restyled h vehicle. The front end almost looks like a newer Jeep. I think that it's it's kind of different looking, but it's fire as far as their power train goes. No, No, If you love the car, I would lease it for us, and maybe if you're really happy with it, you can buy it after the least expires. But no, sir, as far as my personal opinion goes, that's a definite no.
Speaker 4: Well I'll continue looking then, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Uh, Larry, let me ask a question Chuck hasn't asked, and that is, is there another vehicle close to that that you feel differently about that you might recommend to Chuck to take a look at.
Speaker 1: I would rather, for the sake of longevity, seem see him purchase a use Honda perhaps of the same class. I Use Honda would be a much better bed for the.
Speaker 4: Same money, something like a Pilot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's a that's an excellent choice. You buy one a few years old and still has a very good warranty on it, You're going to have a lot less problems, and I believe that you're going to be able to get a much better resale value on it when you're ready to turn it in Versus this.
Speaker 4: I understand completely and thank you for your opinion. I really I'll really be looking elsewhere than probably at the Honda.
Speaker 3: But by the way, Scott, I think he's trying to jump in for a second glass.
Speaker 1: Just I am shocked. Dad and I, I mean, for anybody that wasn't nuts for more than you know, a few years, know that him and I are a huge proponent for Toyota, both big fans. Dad drives Tekoya. I do not own a Toyota, but I love them because I think they're a great vehicle. Why would we not look at a round for here?
Speaker 4: Another choice too?
Speaker 1: What's that If you can afford it, that's all. If Chuck can afford it, that's also a good way to go do. But the rab fours and anything in the Toyo lineup retained such a high resale price correct, and I don't know if that goes the reason that Honda does, right, Honda drops a little bit more. I think that it may be a better choice. But if you can afford a RAB four, that's an awesome choice as well. I know a lot of there's want to talk about Honda attention on the outskirts right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I was thinking about thirty five to forty thousand, so I think they're in that range.
Speaker 1: I think New rap Force is just about thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Jack, I think you got some great advice. Thank you.
Speaker 3: My friend Chuck's a good friend. That's why I kept him on as long as we did. Thanks, Juck, talked to you soon.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: I have a great nime. Gentlemen. You talk about a Toyota.
Speaker 3: I looked at a Toyota the other day, and I want I want the cold hard facts.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I went to a Toyota dealership. You know, I've got my old Vovo that maybe getting close to being retired. So I looked at a twenty twenty five Toyota Crown Signia s.
Speaker 2: I g N I A.
Speaker 3: It's called the Toyota Crown Signia Limited. What's your take.
Speaker 2: On that vehicle.
Speaker 1: I have not seen it yet, but I am looking at it as we speak. But you know, Dan, well, first of all, before I answer that, I want to say congratulations. I'm becoming a new grandpart just a couple of days ago. I make that's awesome, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of that that Caroline Ruth Ray my granddaughter, our granddaughter. I want to drive her around in style, and I kind of like the looks of it. And it's a bit more than I want to pay, but you know, I have some flexibility.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a car that I looked at.
Speaker 3: It's it fits in terms of it's not substantially bigger.
Speaker 2: Than the the the the X seventy that I have now.
Speaker 3: But I know you guys love Toyotas, so that's why I follow your advice.
Speaker 2: That's why I've looked at a Toyota.
Speaker 1: I am looking at pictures of it now. It's a beautiful car, it really is. I would call it almost almost a crossover for the for the people that can recall, let's just call it a station wagon because that's what it looks like. Well, did you get a chance to road test it, Dan, Nope, Nope, heaven't.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to give a look. And the funny thing about it was I'm old school. So I said to the guy who I was dealing with, who's a really nice guy, I said, can you give me, you know, a brochure so I can take They don't make pro sue anymore, so you gotta kinda go in and find it.
Speaker 2: He he sent me the PDF and I looked at it.
Speaker 3: It's just funny. But these these cars go up and price it. They're going to save a couple of bucks on printing brochures, which I just don't understand.
Speaker 2: But that's I'm a little old school, as you guys know.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I literally had a maybe who said they didn't get a manual.
Speaker 1: Car, and they took went the old school school route. They printed out the manual two hundred and twenty five pages. Yeah, I'm not printed out because they wanted I did. I did want to say something before we either move on or go on to next. I actually misspoke before and I said something about Honda on the outskirts and I misspoke. That was Nissan who I was referring to, and I just had a little, uh uh, a little memoaps I think there for a moment, but I did want to comment that insignia. It reminds me so much of your ball though looking at the nose of it, it's a pick carpet you cross over to.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: So I'll probably call you at some point when I when I get closer I'm I'm kind of in the dating phase so far, you know, I've it's like I'm considering it. Okay, are going to take a break. I have more questions. I hope you do as well. We're coming right back on night Side right after these messages. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside. You're listening to Larry and Scott Rubinstein, the WBC car guys. I can't tell you what assets they are to my program for my audience, and I am deeply indebted to both of them.
Speaker 2: We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones.
Speaker 3: We go with Scott and Larry. Let me go next to Doug and Impswich Dog. Appreciate your patience. Next on Nightside, Go ahead, Doug.
Speaker 7: Hi. First, I want to thank Larry and Scott for all the years they took care of my car when I was living in Lexington up until five years ago, and thanked them and tell them how much I enjoyed seeing me honor veteran to Larry's father in World War Two who was the World War Two veteran, and looking at that in their case there, honor, thank you. I want to thank them for that Doug Bidwell here in ipswitch. Okay, My problem is I got a seventy twenty fourteen Volkswagen Jetta at seventy five thousand miles twenty fourteen VW Jetta. And my auto guy, who is at Topsfield Fairgrounds now for five years, he's been telling me the last five years engine oil pan, rusty six hundred and eighty dollars including oil change to fix a rusty engine oilpan for six hundred and eighty dollars to include oil change. And I don't know how serious this rusty oilpan is on my car, or how bad it is, or whether or not it's going to go out. And then there are two more problems which he lists. He says also slight oil leak at right front axle, slight oil leak at right front axle. And then he says oil seeping from intake in front of throttle body. So I got those three problems. The major one is the oil pan. And I want to ask Scott and Larry how serious is this oil pan leak when I don't ever see anything on the ground when I parked the car.
Speaker 3: Okay, gentlemen, let me get let me, let me get Larry in here first, go ahead, Larry.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, are you going through oil between oil changes? No? Okay, So now, Doug one more time, because I was writing things down. What's the year of it again? How many miles?
Speaker 7: Twenty fourteen f W chatter at seventy five thousand miles?
Speaker 1: Okay. Have you actually looked at the oil leak yourself as he called you out to the.
Speaker 7: Shop, Yes, a few years ago that I looked at it. It just looks like all of the paint that might have been on that bottom of that pan, that all the paint is like cracked off. And I didn't but I didn't see too much oil, but there's certainly evidence of rest on the bottom of that oil pan. It's a standard known problem with VW autom deals because there's no shield.
Speaker 1: Of course. Well, i'll tell you what, if you want seeing oil, if you wren't using oil between oil changes and it's not considered a fire hazard, yeah, then I don't think I would invest that kind of that kind of money. I mean, that's a lot of money for an oil pan. Now, if you were telling me that when you popped your car in the morning, when you're backed out, you saw spots of oil on the ground, I'd say, yeah, okay, so this is something you have to do. Your car needs flopper amount oil for lubrication in cooling the engine. Without oil, your engine are going to overheat. But you aren't seeing anything on the ground. And I'll tell you he's telling you a bunch.
Speaker 5: Of different weeks.
Speaker 1: I would suggest you get a second opinion. I really do, Doug. I've known you for a number of years and I know you take good care of your cars. But I hate, like heck to see you waste money also, so I.
Speaker 7: Think no, I really look, I really do know all these guys at Topsiel fair Grounds. They've done a good job for me. He's saying, slight oil leak at right front axle. Does that mean an oil leak at the transaxle that the boot has to be replaced? Is that a lot of money to deal with and a serious slight oil leak at right front axle?
Speaker 1: Okay, now the oil leak at the axle, is you talking about the inboard seal coming from the transaxle with the actual plugs into it?
Speaker 7: Hey, transaxl. He just wrote on this sheet here, on the recommendation sheet, slight oil leak at right front.
Speaker 3: Actually, Doug, Doug, I think we've gone over this a bunch of times, and I want to be respectful to the other callers. Scott, you got a quick comment for for Doug here before we wrap it up with him.
Speaker 1: I think I think we're going to go back to detail saying, you know, I always my customers out to the shop show him exactly what's going on with the vehicle. But I think there's a situation where for Larry and I the picture is going to be worth a thousand words. Next time you go in for your regular routine service, phone out there, grab some pictures of the areas that he's telling me that need to repain. Send them over to Larry left w Fords me. We'll take a look at them together and try to advise you the best way possible because we really need to see what's going on to determine how quickly in how severe this you know, how quick this needs to be done.
Speaker 3: And I hope Doug that you have Larry's email scan auto at aol dot com.
Speaker 2: Does that work for you?
Speaker 7: Yes, but maybe I should make an appointment to go down Larry's to get the second opinion. On these matters.
Speaker 3: Well, that's between you and Larry. You know, Larry, I would suggest, Doug, what you do tomorrow is send Larry an email at scan Auto s C A N Auto at aol dot com and try to set something up. I think this is pretty confusing to me and probably to my audience, So in fairness, that's the best I think we can do for you right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, thank you very much all of you for the having this show monthly.
Speaker 2: You're right, all right, thank you, Doug, appreciate do Let's keep rolling here.
Speaker 3: Let me get Tom and Worcester in here before the news at the bottom of the hour. Talk I'm gret ahead, you next on nice side with Larry Scott Rubinstein, the WBC car guys.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I thinks d Hey the call before you laugh call. It kind of took my question away, but I do have still a question. My wife was trading in her Traverse twenty twenty traverse with one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it one and a new one. But the new traverse or like ten thousand more dollars than the last reverse I bought, plus it now has a two point zero two point five engine with the CBP transmission, and it seems like a lot of vehicle for for that engine. Am I Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Or what that? You think that the the engine is underside and the size of the vehicle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I've loaded that thing right up, and you know, okay, that just seems.
Speaker 1: So we've gone from a three point six feet to be sick, what is it now? Like? Plus owner, it was a.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was a three point eight six older. Now it's going to a two point I don't know if it's two point zero two point five. And they have it regular and they have it turbo either way on a reverse.
Speaker 1: So I can tell you that recently, uh Stilantis or Deep Dodge Ram, he dropped the classic five point seven liter Hemi engine which hoped to be making tea come back, and they replace him in the Rams. They went from a big eight cylinder to an inline six turbo. And the owner of the company that I worked for happened to drive one of these with these with this inline six turbo and it has got monster talk great horsepower. I wouldn't necessarily I'd like to know what the what the toe ratings are. And you said you loaded up, do you actually toe with the vehicle?
Speaker 8: No, tome just loaded up with kids. Well that's why she wants to traverse, because it's big. We started looking at the other models, you know, the Toyota, you know, unless you get into the bigger cars. Now you're talking sixty seventy grand Uh, we're trying to stay around at forty grand Mark and you know, we're looking at the the Kia, the Bitsubishi, and uh, actually the Hondi, which is just bad mouth. So now I'm kind of sad because we ended up getting the Palace Bade because of the sixth year older you know, eight speed transmission instead of the little go kart transmission.
Speaker 1: You know. So this is gonna tell you a little something. Back in twenty twenty, that three point six literer produced three hundred and ten horse power, and then out of that B six this a new twenty twenty five turbo four cylinder is three hundred and twenty eight horse power, smaller engine, pron fuel economy, more horsepower.
Speaker 8: But then I looked at the fuel economy and it's not any better, especially like the Key. It was like ridiculous with a smaller engine.
Speaker 1: One on the traverse.
Speaker 8: The true traverse, same thing. It wasn't that much much better with a smaller engine, the same What was they won?
Speaker 1: What is your what is your your current you're twenty twenty What does that get for fuel?
Speaker 8: Bullich, I'm getting about twenty twenty one, right, and.
Speaker 1: This one that's twenty five four so on the turbot was rated for twenty seven on the highway. Yeah, that's seven miles to the gallon, more six miles to the gallon more than what you're getting now, which is that's pretty damn good. Yeah. So I mean, if you I'm not personally a big chevy guy, if you like the ride of Traverse and you're used to it, I wouldn't shy away from it just because it's the four cylinder.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Plus it's more expensive now, like ten thousand dollar more from the twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: You're going to find that in every manufacture you go to, all kids, they have gone up acrosst the you know, every every manufacturer has. That is just the way the world prices in the past four to four to six years. It's it's craziness. How you know, they've they've gone up fast, so and I don't see them coming down anytime soon.
Speaker 8: All Right, I've worried about with the size of the monar carrying that in that that that vehicle. Basically I would not.
Speaker 1: I would not. This is not this is not what would just shine me away from it.
Speaker 3: All right, Tom, I'm into my newscast. I gotta let you run. Thank you very much for your call. Appreciated, hope that helps.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Good Back with more with my special guest, the w BZ car guys Larran's Rubinstein. Lots of phone calls coming in. I still have a couple of questions that I'm going to sneak in as well. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 2: If you start.
Speaker 3: Calling it like quarter of eleven, a quarter or twelve, you're not gonna make it on the air. So if there's only one line open right now, fill it and you'll probably make it. Six one, seven, nine three. Back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Way Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go.
Speaker 3: Let's keep rolling, going to go to Andrew in Springfield, Massachusetts. Andrew, You're next on Nightside with Scott and Larry Rubinstein, Gorighthead Andrew.
Speaker 9: Good Eve, good evening, everybody, good evening news to use. I have a ninety two Mansta Miata that has about one hundred to eight thousand miles on it, and uh, it has that lift or tick down that's common with all cars anyway. And I'm wondering if you guys heard of the new Valveelene restore and protect oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have wait, wait, wait, wait wait, protective restract. I know they've had a high mileage oil for a while. I don't think i've seen the restore one yet.
Speaker 9: All right, Yeah, because that's supposed to really after like four four oil cycles of removing the oil and putting it back in that it would basically clear up any of the deposits and anything like that that happens. Okay, so this may still apply, though, Is that the only offer a five that's closest to the Miata, which is a ten W thirty. They offer a five W thirty. And do you think that that's okay to try to put in?
Speaker 1: It's just I mean, that's a small engine. Wouldn't worry about about you about I probably wouldn't run it, so had I don't know how hard you run this car.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't know, but it's yeah, they can. It's in such great condition that I want to keep it running for as long as possible, so, you know, they they typically call them the you know, I drive my Miata as a beater, so they beat the crap out of the car.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: I treat this thing like a god, you know. So I don't drive it a lot, and it's stored in a garage. I drive it, you know, a couple of times a week, a couple of miles, you know, sometimes on long trips.
Speaker 1: So what I'm seeing, and I'm looking it up right now, it does look like they do offer that in the in W thirty weight, a ten W thirty weight, Yeah, which is that's what you were asking, right, You're looking at ten W thirty.
Speaker 9: Well I looked it up today and the only thing that the closest thing they offer a five W thirty for the restore and protect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking up to restore and protect right now, and it shows that they have a ten W thirty. Maybe maybe I'm looking at a poor listing. The point, I don't think you'd have that much of a problem going from a ten if you were going to My only fair is you we're coming into the warmer weather. If you're gonna go a lighter oil, I would rather see you do it during the winter time when it's a little colder, because, of course, now how to weather the oil is going to stend out a little bit. I don't think I'd worry about it too much. I probably wouldn't work it overly hard. I can tell you that as somebody that owns an older BMW myself, I have a lifted tick huge problem uh in my in line six engine. And they make liquimally makes a product that is made for liftertick and it actually does a great job on it. So that might be another product that you may want to look at as well.
Speaker 9: Is that like an additive to the oil that you just put like it is?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, it isn't at yep. So it is called it's the left high pro clip active. It's my my LIQUIMALI. If you want to write down this part number sure is two zero zero zero four.
Speaker 2: All right, gentlemen, on that point, I gotta keep rolling here.
Speaker 9: Fifteen dollar apart sounds good. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Andrew. Let's keep rolling. Welcome, got to keep going.
Speaker 3: We got lots of calls John and Exitter. Not sure it's Exitor, New Hampshire. I assume Joan, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yes, thanks for taking my call. Guys, thanks, thank you very much. I have a twenty fifteen Wrangler, one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it. I'm having some problems with it. It just started within the last six weeks doing that major tick thing. I've had two oil changes on it, you know, and without it being exactly diagnosed, you know, I'm assuming it's that whole lifter rocker thing, maybe cam on and on. So I asked my mechanic if he could do that, and he said he doesn't do that, not worth it, let it go, and I still owe money on it. And my question is is this just I don't mind ticks. Is this just a tick that's going to just go for years, or is this a tick where any day now it's going to blow up? And then the final question is, so I thought I would park it. And because I can't afford to fix it if it's all that lift or stuff, people saying, don't even fix it. Buy a new motor for fourteen grand. So I was offered twenty sixteen Rubicon the finance with no money down, but that also has one hundred and fifty thousand miles, and I think it's the same motor. So I'm like, am I buying two bad motors? How long did jeeps last? Now? My last this is my shirt Wrangler. My last Wrangler went three hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 8: So yeah, but you.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was the Inline six or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your old like your old Wrangler had probably one of the best engines that Cheap ever put out, Uh, the Inline six three hundred. You could not kill them. They were just they were I've seen them run out of oil and keep going and you just refill the oil and they're just quiet again, and they run forever. They're They're an awesome engine. I'm going to assume that your current Wrangler is a three point six leader in v SEX correct exactly. Yes, Okay, so there is at least one in my shop every day, at least one for liftertick with that exact engine. The majority of time we find either rockers or lifters that have failed. The biggest problem we've had on those is that a lot of times on the rocker that the bearing on the rollers will fail and they can dig into a camshaft. Is the engine going to suddenly blow up? No? Is it something that's going to cost you more money if you don't deal with it sooner than later. The answer is yes, And I haven't even told you the biggest problem. The camshafts for the three point six liter engine are currently not available from Chrysler. From Jeep been we've had them on backlorder right now. I think it's in the range of about six months. The only way you can get new camshafts is to buy a crate engine. It is a huge problem. I have multiple cars there waiting for these cams shafts the aftermarket. I don't know if they're available. I'm going to assume there are companies out there, such as Crane maybe comp that are making these camshafts, but I can tell you as far as oe they're not available right now. I hope that guy give you a little bit of guidance in the right direction. When I buy one with the same engine with one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it, No, you're literally locking from the pan to the fire. It's like there's no trade off there.
Speaker 8: If you really want an upgrade, if you want to go, if.
Speaker 1: You really want an upgrade, and I say start fresh and go with yourself a nice three ninety two lubric on and you'll never look back.
Speaker 2: John, let those at all.
Speaker 5: Thank you, danciate you guys all right, Larry, thank you, damn very welcome. Have great night, Have a great night, guy.
Speaker 2: Good night.
Speaker 3: We'll take a quick break here, gonna wrap it up with John and rather with John. Know with Larry and Scott, they are the WBC car guys, and they have they have so much information and it really drills down for you. I hope all of you have gotten the information you need. We'll give Larry's email, which is again scan Auto S C A N A U t O at aol dot com. You can reach out to him tomorrow and he's he likes to get back in touch with his listeners. We'll be back on night Side right after this quick break.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Hey, we try to get at least one more call in before our evening concludes. Let me go to John in New York. John, welcome, you're on Nightside, and say hello to Scott Larry the WBZ car guys, go right ahead, John.
Speaker 10: Yes, Hello, gentlemen, I got a quick question about I have a Buick lacrow at twenty sixteen. I hit a deer with the thing about month and a half ago, and I need front and body parts. Do you know where I can get them?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: It's use parts, Yeah, use right.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for a good source for used auto parts, I'm gad you go to this website. It's called car dash part dot com. Best place for used.
Speaker 10: Autiay, okay, good? And uh Dan, I just want to mention to you. I'm I'm presently driving a Toyota Camry Are twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: It's a hybrid YEP.
Speaker 10: And when I bought the car, I was in the showroom when I saw that Crown Automobile. That is a beautiful car.
Speaker 2: It's a beauty Well, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Now, I hope I just want to make sure that Scott realizes this fella's in New York. I assume you're a New York resident. You're not just driving in New York, right.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 10: I live in scot Harry, New York. It's about forty five miles west of all that he.
Speaker 2: The Capitol gotcha.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we know where Albany is and forty five miles west of Albany.
Speaker 2: The website that you gave him, Scott, will that.
Speaker 3: Be be work for him?
Speaker 2: Or is that a Massachusetts website.
Speaker 1: No, it's at the nationwide website. It's coast to coast. He can put into the search area and there are plenty of salvage yards in his area. As far as knowing the area he's from, it took about two words for me to know what area he was exactly from.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, so John, thank you for your input. Thank you for calling in tonight. Appreciate it very much.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll call you back in the future to talk about some other things and how much I enjoy your show.
Speaker 2: Well, John, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, sir.
Speaker 3: We love people in UH in New York, and Scott and Larry can come by every every few months. You caught him tonight on there sort of our summer driving show on May May or their summer Driving show on May first.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you got through.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am.
Speaker 10: I am too, And this is my driving home from work entertainment at night listening to you on the application. They have an iHeartRadio going through the fall with the bluetooth to the car.
Speaker 3: Well, you sound great, and we really do appreciate your loyalty. Uh and uh call in, call in, morof I always like to get callers from around the country, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Thanks John, we'll.
Speaker 10: Talk again, Okay, good night now all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Very much, gentlemen. I have one other question.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine, a young woman who travels a lot, bought a Lexus, a brand new Lexus. Last I guess would be, I guess you should say last spring hasn't driven it much, travels a lot, and left it in a parking garage in Boston.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The parking garage has a I would say it's like six and a half feet high. It's one of those garages that you drive around and to get to get up to. How tough is it to get The battery has died, which I don't understand why the battery dies. I guess it wasn't turned over frequently enough. So it's a hybrid. So my question is how do you tow a car like that out of a garage that is only about the ceiling seems to me about maybe six and a half little less than seven feet high. Are there tow trucks that actually can get into those garages actually hook a car and get out without destroying the car.
Speaker 1: Well, you would use a tow bow, a towbow, a lot of a smaller vehicle or smaller suv just to get it out of there. Then once it's out of there, then you can put it onto your flatbed. But getting it out, that's the only way you're going to do it. And I run into the same problem, and I know Scott has too. Some of these garages are so short, and they do that so they can add more floors for more parking, for more income.
Speaker 5: Of course it's easy to why, like a.
Speaker 1: Flat toau is the only way they're going to get that thing out unless they bring a valley with them and they can stop the vehicle on that that's the only way they're getting out.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, I mean it's interesting.
Speaker 3: Even when I'm driven into that garage, it's you driving and you're saying, does you know not the car that I drive as you knows of Volvo and it's probably about I don't know, you know, five five feet high or whatever. Yeah, it's not a high profile car. It's a it's a moreful wagon. But you're driving and say, oh, the first few times you win. Some of these garages, some of the garages in Boston are just difficult to navigate. There's there's a garage near the Park Plaza hotel that they bring you down and you look at the number that there's there's no room for I mean, you have two inches on each side. Of course, I guess this garage that one is an old garage and they probably had much smaller cars back when that garage was built. But it's amazing that on these new grashes there's not there's not much clearance.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean when you saw the thing about the cars have gotten smaller as time has gone on, you know, and their major intent, as we said, is to squeeze as many paying cars in the air as possible. Imagine if you had imagine, if you had let's say something like a two full sized Buick with a pull up antenna, you will destroying your car in a garage like that. I mean it's it's they go, what the what the majority of the cars is? I mean, you've got your keys that are small, you got your handas, your hondas, your volkswagons. These are all smaller cars. Yeah, they are made for full sized cars because a lot of people aren't driving them due to the cost of fuel.
Speaker 2: No question, no question, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: As always, thank you so much for your for your time tonight and the questions was an interesting group of questions. You guys always amazed me with the amount of knowledge that you have. Thank you as always for being with us. And we'll have to do one more maybe Midsummer and give people another shot to ask your questions. As always, and again, Larry, if I can give your email for any questions that are still hanging in people's minds. Scan auto s c A and like the word scan auto au t O all one word I think is a lowercase at aol dot com. Larry and Scott, thank you both so much. With you all right, guys, well be safe and have a great driving season. So that wraps us up for tonight. I will tell you that tomorrow night at ten o'clock we're going to talk to a guest I had him on a few weeks ago in the eight o'clock hour, Martin Gitten, I believe is the name fifty greatest sports athletes in Boston, and we're going to spend a little bit more time and you can nominate your favorite sports athletes in Boston. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Marita did a great job today and we will be back tomorrow night. I promise at eight o'clock. I'll see you on Facebook very quickly. Just go to Facebook Night Side with Dan Ray and I'll give you a wave. We'll be live here in about oh maybe no more than three or four minutes.
Speaker 2: I'll lend us always.
Speaker 3: All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's for Mike pell Charlie who passed fifteen years ago. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night on Nightside. Marita's here tomorrow at four point thirty. I'm back at eight oh five. See you in Facebook in a couple of minutes. Have a great Friday, everyone, tgif it's almost Friday,