Speaker 1: Training campus, finally hairy in New York Jets bastards, and we're here with a fifty three man roster prediction. Let's go. I'm gonna lose my gosh darned bananas by Green Daily. Start snapped joints.
Speaker 2: Buggy Buggy Day, Buggy Day, Buggy Day.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Do me put your seatbelts on, getting ready for the ride.
Speaker 5: We're the freaking New York Jets.
Speaker 4: We're built for the ship.
Speaker 1: Once go, trying to come up, jos. We're finally frigging here. The rookies reported over the weekend, the veterans report today, and we are off to the bloody races. New York Jet fans, make sure you like the video and hit subscribe as you're heading in. My name is Paul Liston Junior aka Boy Green. I'm the New York Jets digital reporter for Heavy dot Com. Welcome to Boy Green Daily, a daily New York Jets video show, also available wherever you get your bleeping podcast baby. And in case you missed it, yesterday, we did a very special show talking about Justin Fields and an inside look at what he did to prepare for training camp with a bunch of his teammates. I hope you guys check that show out. Thank you so much for the very positive reception on that show. That was terrific. But today we've got an even bigger show, Baby, a fifty three man roster prediction. My article talking all about this will drop at nine am on Heavy On Jets, but you guys will get an exclusive sneak peek, Baby, And when I say sneak peak, I'm giving you the full Monty. You guys are gonna hear everything I have to predict for this entire roster prediction. But before we get there, our number one Austrian Jet fan Baby just gifted a five pack up Boy Green Coffee Club memberships. Let's go, And every time five memberships are more and giftrad on this journal, I've no other choice put to play a video package and I know what Austrian's looking for. Let's go, Kevin James.
Speaker 6: Kevin James, I just got three things to say.
Speaker 7: God bless our troops, God bless America, and gentlemen, start.
Speaker 1: Yes, Let's go, Kevin James. Here are the five new members to the gash durned Boy Green Coffee Club. Babe, here they are. We've got Illuminati Bot Jets set full twenty four Patrick Hill, Hennessy Heisman's back vibrate higher. Oh my, All of that here on the channel jaredby disrupt the discord link that you guys can access as a new member to the Boy Green Coffee Club. And also for Austrian jetfan. Two things. I still love this Jets Draft room a banner that he got me. This is from the Jets Draft Room in twenty twenty five. Look sweet. Thanks Austrian for sending that along. And also our number one Austrian Jet fit has thirty raffle tickets for our Jets Cowboys giveaway. We'll talk more about that in a bit, but let's get right down to the brass taxs, baby, right down to the brass tacks. Feel free, guys, as we're going, We're gonna go position by position through the entire fifty three man roster. I'll tell you how many I think are making it, who's making it, who the toughest cuts were. I'll walk you through that entire process. Feel free to get involved. I'll try to highlight your comments throughout the program. So without further ado, let's get started. I'll try to explain all of my rationale here on the channel for each of these decisions that I end up making here on the channel. But before we get there, it seems like more gifting is happening here on the program. Look at j Boy Baby with a Boygreen Coffee Club membership gift.
Speaker 8: Hey nows.
Speaker 1: Now, normally I only do a video package for five raffle ticket or five memberships being gifted or more at the same time, but I'll do this one for you, Jay Boy.
Speaker 4: We're a freaking New York Jet, so we're built for this shit.
Speaker 1: We are, Jaboy. That membership went to Bob p. You are now a member to the Boy Green Coffee Club, Baby, So shout out there here on the program, Jay Boy, you are just two memberships away gifting this month from getting a Jets Cowboys Raffle ticket yourself here on the show. So keep that in mind. Again, you don't have to do that today, just before the end of the month. So let's ride. Oh oh, the memberships continue to vote here on the program. Now, we just demanded Philly noodles, and I know what Philly wants, so let's I gotta add more. I've got more in the hopper, but I'll do this one for you. Philly. There you go. Boom shaka laka. We got another membership being gifted here on the channel. That membership just went to Aurora. Hey, Aurora, welcome back baby. All right, here we go. So, Philly Noodles, you now have another gift happening here as well. Okay, let's put that towrd your total. All right, beautiful, all right, you are another four memberships away, Philly Noodles from getting a raffle ticket for a Jets Cowboys contest. Again, same as I said earlier. You don't have to do all that today. Just try to do that before the end of the month so you can get an opportunity to win. Now all of you are about to win. Let's get into this fifty three man roster prediction, plus your continued gifts happening here on the show. I love it when you guys gift from the high heavens. Let's start off a quarterback. My fifty three man roster prediction is that two quarterbacks who make the fifty three. It's going to be Justin Fields and Tabo Taylor. Justin Fielders clearly the QB one. Taboo Taylor's clear to the QB two. Not a lot of drama here. The drama, if there's any, is for the QB three role. That's between Brady Cook, the undrafted free agent at A Missouri, and Adrian Martinez, the former UFL MVP had some Chris Streveler fun moments in the past, like he's an interesting guy. Mobile guy makes a lot of sense. But I'll tell you this, and I wrote this in the piece. If the Jets want to drafted a guy in April, I think the Jets keep three quarterbacks on the fifty three man roster if they drafted a guy they did not. Brady Cook is a quasi draft pick, if you want to call it that. It was an undrafted free agent that some people thought could have been drafted late. He was not. So maybe he's the guy. But to me, I think they, Brady Cook and Adrian are battling it out for one of those sixteen practice squad spots to be the QB three that could be elevated in case of emergency. I think that's what we're battling here. So I'm going to go with the two two two quarterbacks. We'll be making it here on the fifty three man roster. For the New York Jets. I have two guys making it. Let's go to running back. Throw it up here, all right, I believe five running backs are going to make it on the fifty three man roster. Now it's five technically, but it's not really five. I'll explain so roster locks of the top three on this list, Bresol, Braylon Allen, Isaiah Davis. To me, all three of those are roster locks to make the team. And then we get into funky territory. To me, the Judgs are going to run the football a lot, which I think will warrant a fourth running back on the fifty three man roster if the person's worthy. I'm not just going to put a running back on this team if I don't think they're any good. But I am a massive Donovan Edwards fan. I think he This is my prediction that he is going to make it undeniable in training cap He's going to look so good that the Jets have no other choice. They're forced to keep an RB four. And I will say, that's really what this is all about. Is that my advice if anyone any Jets players listening to the show that's on the roster bubble that you want to make it undeniable for the coaches, don't you know in MMA we say this all the time, don't leave it in the hands of the judges. So what that means is is that you know, in a UFC fight there's three rounds or five minutes apiece. You have fifteen minutes to knock out your opponent, tap him out, beat the bleep out of him. You have all this time. If you don't accomplish it during that time, it's up to the judges. And sometimes people say a man, they judge made a horrible call. Well, if you didn't leave it in the hands of the judges, you wouldn't have left it up to chance, is basically what I'm saying. So we go back here to the running back conversation, some or any position on the team, don't leave it up to chance. Make it undeniable, make yourself invaluable, that you like you so important to the operation that they can't possibly even think about cutting you. And I think Donovan Edwards, whereas Michigan fansparrently call him the don Okay, I think he's OURB four. Now again, I say there's five running backs, making it. But the fifth running back here, I don't think is going to be playing much running back at all. He's got like under thirty carries in his entire career, even though he's listed that running back. I think more so maybe he'll be a gizmo gadget guy. Maybe Tanner Engstrand is gonna get all creative here. I think Cana and Guanu the fifth running back quote unquote on this list. I think Cana is going to be our return man extraordinary certainly kickoffs and probably in punch two that's possible. We'll get more into that in a little bit. But yeah, I think kna and Guanho's got a path to be that return guy from the New York Jet. So I see them keeping five if, like I said, if you count Knae and Guanu in that territory, that's what I would say as it pertains to the running back position. Yeah, so let's do that. J Boy says, need to flip Allen and Hall. Yet let me also make this clear, just because it's not obvious, there is no particular order that I'm naming these players. They appear to be in some sort of order, But I'll tell you Jay Boy we were talking about it on a Boy Green Meat Woody episode a couple of weeks ago. I think Braylon is gonna finish with more rushing yards bris all And I don't know if that's injuries. I don't know if that's the coaching staff making a decision. I don't know if Braylan what we were just saying makes it undeniable. I could totally see that. So, hey man, I think Braylan Allen's gonna make a lot of noise. I'm rooting for Breece. I want Brice to put it all together, but we'll see if that's even possible coming up here on the team. So yeah, I got a five pack happening here for the New York Jests. Barbara says, do we still have that German guy on the team. Yes, we do, and I'll have more to say about him in a little bit, Barbara, Yes, we do have that German guy. And that German guy's name is Leanda Vegan is apparently how you pronounced that according to German broadcast that I listened to to catch up. So five here on the package. So let's go next. Full back? Yeah, full back? A fullback makes it? I saw n C. Green said earlier. He said, where's that question? Where was that comment earlier? What about Beck to fullback? Yes, n C. Green, I didn't forget about him. Some people, when they do these fifty three men rocks predictions sort of throw full back into the running back category. I wanted to keep it separate. Yeah, Andrew Beck full back one. The Jets keep it fullback. Totally see it happening. The Jets sort of what I mentioned about running back earlier. They're gonna run the ball a lot. And there are some things that I would admit here in July twenty second. I do not know. We've never seen Darren mougiba general manager before. We never saw Roing Glenn be a head coach before. This is all new. What are there like Robert Salah His philosophy was, oh, we want to rotate defensive lineman. So we found that out year after year. If you're, oh, this guy likes keeping a lot of the defensive lineman, ah, our fifty three man roster predictions will reflect that. Sometimes that happens, but we have nothing to reflect upon. I could sort of gas, oh, the Lions like this. Maybe Aaron Glenn likes this. Oh, Denver is the assistant GM they did some of this. Maybe that was Darren Mugie's influence. I don't know. There's a lot of unknown, but here's what we do know. Andrew Beck is from Darren Moogie's past, know in Denver, so they connected there. The Lions ran the ball a lot in Detroit. I'm connecting some dots here. But there's only one fullback on the team, and unless the Jets enjoy wasting roster spots, they clearly have a plan for this guy. So to me, you have to include him in the fifty three man roster prediction. I think they're gonna run the ball a lot, and I think they have a plan. That's why he's on the roster. I don't think it's for you know, giggles. I think it's because they see how he's going to be utilized on this offense, so both as a blocker and maybe there's even more to it for sure. So yeah, I think Andrew Beck totally totally makes this team. It totally makes his team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't mention Isaia Davis earlier. Obviously he's in that group that made it from the New York Jets. He's a roster lock. Absolutely, but just a big salute there. So we'll see. And Seagreen says he's not ready to give up on Breshaw in his contract year. Totally fair, totally fair. We'll see what happens. But you know, I'm rooting for him for all the guys I want. No matter what I'm going to say throughout the rest of this roster prediction, I totally hope that all these guys are awesome. Obviously as a Jets fan, that's what I'm hoping for. All right, let's go to wide receivers. Let's go to wide receivers. We're good seven wide receivers on the fifty three man roster, and this one was difficult. This one was difficult. So let's go through. These are the receivers I have making the roster. I want to make this clear, especially for our audio only listeners that are not seeing the graphics that are being thrown up on the screen. Here Garrett Wilson, Alan Zard, Josh Reynolds, Tyler Johnson, Arion Smith, Malachi Corley, and Jamal Pritchett. The story of the story of this wide receiver group that's in front of you, guys here is I believe Jamal Pritchett beats out Xavier Gibbson for the return job. Xavier, I'm sorry your story has sort of run its course. The good news is is Xavier actually is one of the people that Justin Field flew down to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the trip, so obviously he feels pretty good about x So maybe again. And Chris Bancha, the Jets special teams coordinator. Before the break, he was drooling over Xavier Gibson, so I could just be forcing to square back in a round hole here. I know fans are sort of downe with Xavier Gibson, so maybe I'm going to be wrong here. But Jamal Pritchett, Pritchett, the South Alabama product, I think he has a chance to up end Xavier Gibson in the return game. Canay and Guanoo is going to be another member of that return game too. Jamal Pritchett a smaller guy, so we'll sort of see Alan Laizard again. We've heard all the trade rumors this and that the Jets would be crazy to trade Allen Lazard to Pittsburgh ahead of Week one. It just doesn't make any sense. Unless they're giving us a first round pick that's not happening, a second round pick, a third round pick, a fourth round pick, maybe a fifth round pick, but like a six or seventh round pick. I'm not giving up Alan Lazard and any trade secrets team they have. And quite frankly, no matter what they offer, I'm gonna be like, hey man, we'll give him to you in week two, We're not giving him to you in week one maybe, regardless of what they offer. So I think Wizard makes the team at least at least initially, and then we'll see what happens. Josh Reynolds is going to be this team. Tyler Johnson, I'm really excited about number sixteen on the New York Jets Arian Smith. Again. I'm gonna be sharing out some clips. You guys will see it in the YouTube shorts from my interview with Jeremy Fowler ESPNNFO Insider. He had some interesting things to say. I combed back through the interview yesterday because I'll write more columns about things he said and share clips. He had some interesting things to say about how the Jets view Arian Smith in that interview. If you guys missed that with ESPNNFO insider Jeremy Fowler. That's in the video section. You guys can see that interview. He had some interesting comments about Arian Smith, Malachi Corley, Malachi Corley, Carley, Corley, Corley, Me and Philiam FLFILM ninety eight. I've talked about this a couple of weeks ago. I don't love the attitude of Malachi Corley from last season. But you know what, it's a new year. Let's wash our hands, let's start fresh, clean slate, new kochk staff knew everything. Malachott, It's up to you, buddy. Here's a good thing. Malachi Corley was one of the players that Justin Fields flew down through Fort Lauderdale, Florida. A yeah, that's good news. Malachi Corley appeared in both video and photo evidence from this Fort Lauderdale trip. Was running routes, catching passes, all kinds of things. So he seems healthy. Okay, that's great, dudes, being healthy, being engaged, and boy, he's better turn the cat backward, young man, because he's got to catch up. He missed so much time in the spring. Those are reps with Justin Fields. Those are reps with the Tanner rank strand offense. It's just all of it route running, you know, to clean that up. So I'm gonna give Corley the benefit of the doubt here. I'm gonna say he's gonna turn it around. He was the first pick of the third round last year. Town is there and the jete wider seer room beyond Garrett Wilson, a lot of question marks. Let's just uh, let's just put it that way. At the wide re steer room. We have Steve here who Steve magic Man. Braddy Cook should should be and will be the starting quarterback. What in the world. I appreciate the Missouri love we're getting here on this show, but uh, I know, I know that's that's not gonna happen. If that does happen, to bely, then this season went in a lot of different ways, a lot of differ from wiz Philly Noodle says, I could see Britchet making the practice squad again. I get it. That's and I would admit candidly that that prediction is a little aggressive, that he's going to straight up make the that he's going to straight up make the fifty three men roster. I'll admit it is a little bold n see Green loz Art isn't going anywhere. Receiver might be their best blocker at receiver. Yeah and uh yeah unless it's a trade. I don't see him just getting straight up cut. I don't see that Foxy Stephen Fox jumping and saying please smash the like button, Please do subscribe. I'd appreciate it. Hit the reminder, Bellsie, don't miss any videos that includes live videos and other videos. We'll have a lot of content coming up with training camp and subscribe to the fantastic demand shut show of Boy Green Digital. And here's a plug everybody. I told you that then, which there's a direct link of the YouTube description down below. We have Jets content. It's as a matter of fact, it dropped at the same time as Boy Green Daily this morning, So after this Boy Green Daily is over, make sure you hop on over. We spoke to for the very first time, Randy Lang. He works for the New York Jets. He's a senior contributaries, an insider, he's a historian. We gave you about an hour Jets training Camp full preview that dropped this morning at seven point thirty. Check that out on the Manchat show. A Boy Green Digital a full preview of New York Jets training camp. So guys make sure after this, of course, you know, enjoy your boy Green daily, baby, but make sure you jump on over. I'll be sharing that out on social media in a little bit. Randy Lang gave us about an hour terrific conversation. That was my first time ever doing an interview with Randy. I've been a big fan of his for a long time, and that was cool. We got into all kinds of fun topics. So I hope you guys enjoy it. And yes, let's help Paul get to two K. Baby. We've had a surge of subscribers and now we're under two hundred away from eight thousand. So let's keep that train rolling, baby. Yes, appreciate you guys, keep the comments coming. Vern Vern says Aaron Smith, turning funds that'd be great, And apparently Chris Banjo said they've sort of been experimenting with him, you know, seeing what's up with training camp is going to give us some insights into that. Burn Vern, But that would be another fun one. Maybe we don't need a Jamal Pritchard. Maybe Arian's doing it. That could make sense. Philly Newti says I think Gibson makes his team again based on the current trajectory, he probably should. So I'm probably being pretty aggressive there saying he's not because, like I said, Chris bran Joe likes him, justin Field seems to like him. We'll see medline swamp thing. How many passes with the bottom of our receiver room catch with fields at quarterback? Well, how many injuries are happening at the wide receiver room. That'll be another question that happens. I don't know. We'll have to get into stats and target spray and how all that would work. We'll see. So we'll see what happens. But good questions, good questions, good comments so far. Everybody very engaged here, very engaged. I like it, Jets worldwide. I love this from a teacher perspective, speaking from experience, even a less than perfect too can turn around with the right mindset. Let's help the right mindset and the right coaching. Right the teachers can teacher, teacher, teacher here. I'm not a teacher, but judge world wide. Sometimes the message from the teacher to the students can sometimes change, like oh, oh okay, you were giving it to me in this complicated way. But now you're saying it this way. Oh, I understand it, I get it. I relate. So maybe that's possible. Could be. Scotty Mayhem says, anyone sleeping on breeze will be re examining their take soon. He'll be a top five back this year. I hope you're right, Scotty. I hope you're right. That would be absolutely terrific. We have over two hundred people in the room. Make sure you guys like the video. Hit subscribe baby here in the chat. So again, seven wide receivers I have making the Jets roster. Let's go to tight end. I got three making the fifty three man roster, Mason Taylor, Jeremy Ruckert and Stone Smart. Now, I'll be honest, I think there's a path for a fourth tight end to make this roster. But I didn't see a fourth tight end worthy of making this roster. Neil Johnson didn't do it for me. Zach Koontz didn't do it for me despite him being at that justin Field's workout. So Mason Taylor is obviously going to be the straw that stirs the drink of the tight end position. Obviously, I've not been a big fan of Jeremy Ruckert based on the production. I don't have anything personally against the guy. He's just sucked at the NFL level, if we're calling it, how was in He sucked at blocking, he sucked at catching, He's sort of sucked at existing on this football team. I hope he turns it around. I'd love to be wrong, but Jeremy Ruckert's been awful. Now. The good news for Jeremy is the Jets did buckets at the tight end position outside of Mason Taylor. So I don't see how he doesn't make this team. How is he not the tight end? Two? And Stone Smart I think is an interesting dart throw that I think is a roster locke. He's going to make the team unless he's an absolute failure in training camp at preseas where he looks awful, or is a bad teammat or something. He's making the roster too, So I think at least three make it. But there's no fourth right now. Maybe a fourth emergence. I heard the Noah Fense commentary earlier. Maybe that changes up the depth chart a little bit. If we jump on the Noah train, I'm intrigued. By Noah Fan the size six four about two point fifty come on a four or five flat in the forty yard dash. He's got intriguing athletic traits. Again, he's got a nice floor as a player. He's basically gotten between four hundred and six hundred receiving yards every year of his career. That's great for what he is. That's great. The ceiling, I don't know what the ceiling is, but that's okay because Mason Taylor is supposed to be the ceiling guys. So we'll see. But yeah, I have three tinants making this run again. I would have five, but I oooh, I just don't see or you know, I have three. I could see four, but I just don't see a fourth. So we'll sort of see what's going on. Jets we're white, apparently back from Italy. A salute. Salute. We'll see, we'll welcome back. Jets were white. Taylor Strong says Zach Coons is better than smart. Okay, maybe, well that will be proven with as he cups his hand and goes Coons, which you know, depending on how you say that could be offensive to people in the audience. That's neither here nor there. See I got three tight ends. Three tight ends happening here on the team. Tony Aluxio says Noah Fan will replace Jeremy Rutger. I would say, if it would rearrange, I think you could have Mason Noah and Jeremy Rutgers is the third, and maybe Stone Smarts your fourth. I think it could be rotated. We'll sort of see what happens. But good comments, good commentary, guys. Okay, DJ Dirty cooch Boy Green. If Tyron had a bad breakfast and gets sick, Field Stubbs is to at the hotel, who's your third string emergency quarterback? I believe again we mentioned this yesterday on the show That is Guatemalan for your fucked DJ you are. The good news is is that you can elevate a player from the practice squad. So maybe they keep both on the practice squad, and that is Brady Cook and Adrian Martinez. I think they keep at least obviously, and maybe they keep both on there, and then that is your emergency. Now, your emergency isn't great, but ask any NFL team who is your emergency third quarterback? Some answers are better than others, but the answer is the same, you're boned more times than that, again depending on your situation. So we'll see. All right, let's keep moving on here in our fifty three man roster prediction. Again, my name is paulist and Junior aka Boy Green. We have three hundred people in the room right now. Like the video, hit subscribe. I'm giving you guys a full pre training camp. Training camp starts today. Veterans report today for the New York Jets, a full pre training camp fifty three man roster prediction. We'll have an accompanying article with this on Heavy on Jets that will drop on the website at nine am, nine am. We're recording this live at seven fifty five am currently right now, so dropping about an hour, and I'm going through the entire thing. I'm giving you guys the full monty of the article. Plus there's some extra notes, quotes, and stats in the article that you guys can check. How that if you'd like, Let's go to offensive linemen. I believe nine offensive lineman make the Jets fifty three man roster and let's go through him. Olu fashion U, John Simpson, Joe Titman, Elijah Vera, Tucker armand Membu Chuck Wooma, O Kora four, Josh Myers, Cole la Val and Carter Warren. Now, let's break down these nine for a second. Okay, the starting five are obvious Olo John Joe, Elijah Arma, Membu duh those fiber maker the roster put those five in a pocket. I think the top two depth guys are roster locks. I think O kor fors roster lock. He's your tackle slash right tackle. And Josh Myers is your interior player who had some previous experience at guard, but he's been a center at the NFL level, starting fifty six games in his career. I think those top seven are chi chink locks. Now beyond that we get into other depth options. I'm a big Colavu guy. He is positional flexibility. He's played all five offensive line positions in his career. That to me is intriguing. Carter Warren has been a tackle. Now, I'm not as high on Carter Warren, but other big more like Damian Woody. Hell, okay, let's make this Claire. If it's not obvious, Okay, Damian Woody has forgotten more offensive line football and probably football in general, than I will ever know Okay, so I bowed down to Damian Woody. We've had him on the show. He's terrific. Okay, he is a massive Carter Warren fan. So I will bend the knee to Damian Woody on offensive line play. So I think there's gonna be that top seven. And to the same DJ Dirty Cootch. What if you stub your toe and have a bad breakfast and this and this and this. For those reasons, I think you'd rather be deeper on the offensive line than later. Okay, We've had years with a Jet CT ten offensive line. I think nine's a sweet spot now. The toughest cuts for me were guys like Xavier Newman, who I like a lot. There's Max Mitchell, who unfortunately had the blood clots recently, so he's on there. And I want to answer Barbara's question from earlier, what about that German guy Leonda Vegan. So here's how it works. Okay, Normally every team in the NFL right now has ninety players on the roster, and then they eventually cut it down to fifty three. However, there's a roster exemption for teams that participate in the NFL Pathway. The NFL International Pathway Program. So what does that mean. Well, we did a full show on it a couple months ago. You guys can review that. There's some good facts in there. But here's basically it. The International Pathway Program cranks out about nine to twelve guys a year that could go to any NFL team and they're on the team, and basically it's supposed to be broadening the horizons of the league. The Jets' International Pathway Program player is Leanda Vegan, who is a German offensive lineman. Right now, the Jets have a roster exemption for him. Again, teams normally have ninety players. Jets are allowed to have ninety one players because of Leander. However, when we get to the fifty three man roster cutdown, that exemption disappears for the active roster. If Leonda just makes the team straight up, which is possible. If he's awesome, he could just make the team, then there's nothing to worry. If he does not make the team. Let's say he doesn't make the fifty three man roster, the Jets get an exemption back to put him on the practice squad. Teams normally can carry sixteen practice squad players, but if Leander doesn't make the fifty three and he passes through waivers, the Jets can re add him back to the practice squad as a seventeenth player. So I believe, no matter what the floor for Leander is as the seventeenth practice squad player, what do the Jets have to lose. He's not taking a spot away from anyone else. He has an exemption for his spot. So to answer your question, Barbara, Leanda is still on the team, and I believe his floor is practice squad and his ceiling. Of course he could make the team if he's good, then we'll see what happens. So yeah, Leonda Vegan really excited about what he's able to do. And I love the International Pathway program, so it should be a lot of fun. It could be a great opportunity. It could be a great opportunity. Kyle Clifton also a big call of Algay Newman's made great strides. Again, he was a tough cut for me. Xavier Newman. I think he's got a great chance to make the roster. That was a toughie for sure, and maybe he beats out cool of Val. I could totally see that being a possibility. Rees ask, is Cola val the offensive lineman from the XFL. Yes, yes he is. Yep, he was on the XFL. He was in the XFL, excuse me, And yes he can play all five offensive line positions. So I'm a I'm a big fan of the Cola ou more love for Xavier Newman in here, Michael James and Xavier Newman is making this team again. That could totally make sense. I could totally see that. Max Mitchell is another one. I gave a shout out to it. Offensive line Joholmes says Beck is technically a tight end. That's a four tight end who shoots up. So there you go that that can cook. I believe the Jets officially on the roster haven't listed at fullback, but still he does obviously have tight end reps in his past, so maybe he's the guy that sort of is the mock guy for both. We thought that's what Jeremy Rutger would be. Half h back, half tight end. It sort of this versatile piece that moved all over the place, but obviously that never worked out that way. So yeah, take that Fortunell. Okay, there you go. That's that's the offensive line group for the Jets. So this finishes us off for the offense. The offensive side. Michael Jampsons predict the sixty nine man roster, sixteen practice squad players. I'll do that on another show. I'll do that on another show. I am predicting the full fifty three man and there's accompanying article. Maybe when we get to when we get to the actual so like when we get to the actual fifty three roster cut down in a month, then we could do the practice squad players. That sort of seems over the top now, but I'll definitely do that. So there you go. But good questions, good comments. I love it. Continue to feed them in if you have disagreements with my list, you agree with my list, whatever you guys are saying. Also, guys, I feel free to do that as well. If you're watching the show after the fact, I'll react to a bunch of your comments in the comments section, So free to do that. I'll keep answering and asking. All right, let's keep moving along here. Let's go to the defense. Let's go to the defense. I have four defensive tackles making it on the fifty three man roster for the Jets. Quinn Williams Byron Cowart, Derek Noddy and Leonard Taylor. The third that's who I have making the group. Quinn Williams. Does more need to be said about this man? He's absolutely terrific, but trying to find the robin to his Batman is one of the big keys for the New York Jets this offseason. And there's a lot of names in this defensive tackle group Byron Cowart, Derek Noddy, Leonard ta j Two, Fayley, Braden McGregor Eric Watts. I mean the name after name after name, but it's overwhelming how many names there are. And I think this group is going to be a good balance of veterans in youth. Byron Cowart is this veteran that's sort of been bouncing around the league. Derek Noddy is the former three time Super Bowl champion with the KNA City Chiefs. Leonard Taylor has all the pass rushed youes. I love now run defense. He's gonna have to prove himself, but I'm really excited about him. There were a lot of tough cuts in this group for me. Fadarian Mathis I'm super high on. He was a former top fifty pick of the Washington Commanders a couple of years ago. He's talented. The only problem is he when he's been hurt, so he hasn't been able to consistently prove himself. So if he could get healthy, I think Faderian Mathis could make some noise. A couple of undrafted free agents that were tough cuts for me. So what I did was to give you, to tell you how the sausage was made. I threw up on paper.
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 1: Two quarterbacks, twelve running backs, thirty wide receivers, all these names. Boomoo boo boo boom boom, and I counted it all up, and I'm like, ah, crap, I'm at sixty five. Now I need to cut from sixty five to fifty three. So that's what I did. I threw up just off the top of my head, like names that I liked or didn't there or whatever, and I just put him on a sheet and then I like pulled out the calculator. Woo boo boo boo. Ah shit, I'm up to sixty I gotta cut seven guys, so this guy. And then I calmed through the roster, calmbed through the roster, come through the rusher. Okay, this got to be out. Ah. Do I take away a defensive tackle? Do I take away a tight end? And I went through that whole process. And by the way, that's one of the parts I love about hard knocks when you have the coaches and general managers, they're staring at the roster stack on the board and they're like, damn, do we take away one wide receiver? Do we take away a linebacker? What about the special teams ramifications? It's so cool to do this exercise because it's chess. It's you move this piece, but this piece means this piece, and there's all kinds of fascinating parts about this so Fiderian mathis was a tough cut for me. On the interior, another tough cuts with the two undrafted free agents for Tarma Moba or fat Orma and Peyton Page. What a great name, Peyton Page. It's got a lot of hoods, but to it Peyton Page had a Clemson on a deep defensive line with the Tigers, has all this crazy talent but never broke through on the depth chart and the Jets are taking a chance on him, and boy, I like Peyton Page a lot, but he was one of my final roster cuts. I was like, okay, I got to take him off the board. So he was a toughie. He was a toughie for me, h for sure. But defensive tackle this is a very important group, a very important group. But yeah, Peyton Page, that was a toughie. That was a tough fee for me to cut, for sure. And we'll see sort of how people sort of evaluate here on the defensive tackle group. That's where wide says Batman hasn't had a robin in it quite a while, you know. Think about it, like we talked about a wide receiver earlier, right, Garret Wilson, he's Batman. Who's his robin?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, Mike Williams is Robin. No, no, no, he's not DeVante Adams. This is Robin. No wait, Devanta Adams are trying to steal the Batman costume. Hey, So we've gotten a lot of weird both a wide receiver trying to find the robin to the Garret Wilson Batman and defensive tackle trying to find the robin Quinn Walliams Batman. It's has been a very difficult challenge, very difficult, very difficult. We'll see if that can clean up we'll see if that can clean up.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see if they can clean up. All right, let's keep moving along here, and then we will move along here on a fifty three man roster production. Then we'll open up the phone lines and talk Jets training camp and apparently everything that's coming up to the Jets, I'm hearing some other stuff is on the horizon. So we'll start moving with some pace here. Defensive ends, I have the Jets keeping six Jermaine Johnson, Will McDonald, Michael Clemens, Tyler Baron, Russhad Weaver, and JaMarcus Weston. So six defensive ends, making it it's really five. JaMarcus Weston's listed at defensive end, but he's more a special team's ace. Did that a lot at Florida. Hell, he played like every business at Florida wide receiver, linebacker, pass rusher, this, that, this, that, I mean, he played all over the place. I think he's a special teams demon. So take him out. Jermaine and Will are going to be the stars at straw the straws that stir the drink. Excuse me, Michael Clements. A lot of people don't like him, but it is what it is he's he is the third most experienced defensive end on this roster and they did nothing to add someone else. If they add someone else, we can have a different conversation. But right now, Michael Clemens is the third best defensive vent on this team, and with Jermaine Johnson on the pup, we'll see what it means for the season. Clement's gonna be getting a lot of reps and you guys are not gonna like that. Tyler Baron, fifth round rookie, He's clearly on the team. Rashad Weaver Earrow was pointing up in a very big way coming out of the spring and again competition, he's sort of lacking here from that perspective. So that's the honest conversation there at defensive end. So keep that mine quickly. Let's move to linebackers. I see the Jets keeping three Jamie Sherwood, Quincy Williams, and Francisco mowing Oa, a fifth round pick out of Miami. This was tough for most of the fifty three men roster cutdown that I was doing before the show. I had four linebackers on here candidly, but then with all these different roster things, I was doing. I ended up cutting off my boy, Jimine Davis, the former first round pick linebacker, so he was right on the cusp of making it. I think the judge keep at least three, they could keep four, maybe they could keep five. But again, what we don't know is schematics. We talked about that also with Randy Lang, our Jets senior contributor, in that interview on the Manche jow Boy Green digital page. You know, I don't know what kind of scheme philosophies do they have. They like keeping a lot of linebackers, don't like keeping a lot of linebackers. There's a lot of unknown that happens here. I think these three are locks, and then we're getting into everybody else who's on the team. That's sort of how I see it. I think, you know, the bell sort of rung on Zira Barnes. I'll quickly go through the rest of these Yere cornerbacks.
Speaker 5: Six.
Speaker 1: I have six making the team. Sask got Brandon Stevens, Michael Carter, the Second Azaria, Thomas Quantes, Stiggers, and Isaiah Oliver. The toughest roster cut of this group was Jerre Bernard Converse. He was a player I loved in the draft A couple of years ago. The Jets drafted at him and I was giddy. He's been hurt, but he's young, he's talented, he's versatile. He showed a lot of hoots. But last year I love JBC a lot. I just don't know how he cracks this group. This may be the deepest positional group the New York Jets have on the roster. I mean, quite frankly, this group is awesome. Isaiah Oliver is a versaal Swiss army knife. I love quantest stiggers, and I think he's going to continue to make noise. He was Quincy and New Noy's breakout player prediction for training camp. Azario Thomas could have been a first round corner And then those top three names I mentioned are all starters on the team. Cornerback is super deep for the New York Jets. Jumping over to safety, I have four safeties making the roster, Andre Cisco, Tony Adams, Malakai Moore, and Dean Clark, one of the undrafted free agents. I think the top three on this list that I mentioned are all locks. Cisco, Adams, Malakai, Moore, some people don't like Tony Adams, but again, when you mention experience and thinks that nature, He's at least going to be the third safety on this team. He could be the starting safety day one of both camp and Week one of the Pittsburgh Steelers game. Malakai Moore is going to be chasing him, of course, is the fourth round pick. The Jets straight up for Dean Clark, a very talented UDFA who had a lot of interest from other teams. The Jets were able to secure him and bring him to the table. We'll keep an eye on what ends up happening at the safety position to see who else. Names to watch Jurius Monroe and Jalen Simpson. Those are two guys that will be vying for roster spots. Finally, let's round it out here with special teams Harrison Meavis place kicker, Kai Kroger punter, and Thomas Hennessey long snapper. Well, Thomas obviously isn't going anywhere, but we have a straight up kicking and punting competition, respectively. I'm gonna lean Meavis over Kane Davis and I'll go Kai Kroger over Austin McNamara. But again, it's all sort of a coin flip. We'll see how they participate and perform during training camp, so that takes us all the way through for the full fifty three man roster prediction here on the program, and we'll continue to answer your questions. All right, let's go. We got to hear me Out. We got a YouTube super chet coming through. Every time we get one of those, we play this.
Speaker 3: Show show.
Speaker 1: Thank you Hearing me Out for the five dollars super chat here on the show. You continue to pile up your membership's gifted this month. Appreciate it. Boy Green, I'm too latey to research. Are our Jets and Seahawks looking good this year? Hear Me Out has been a long time contributor to the show. He is a Seahawks fan, and I love that we can have different team fans of teams here on the show, which is great Seahawks. It's gonna be funny how we're gonna be forever connected Hearing me Out because Sam Donald is there in Seattle. If I had my brothers and could have picked any quarterback to add to the team this offseason and they had no say in the matter, I would have added Sam Donald back to the Jets. I love Sam Donald. He's coming off a great year. I know it ended horrifically, but I'm a big Sam Donald fan. I think you guys are gonna be great with Sam Darnold. I love Kenneth Walker. He's talented. You got Jackson Smith and Jigba. He's a talented guy. Obviously, there's a lot of era changing there with guys like Tyler Locket out, DK metcalf out, Mike McDonald seems like a very bright young man. So yes, I think Seattle's going to be making some noise. I absolutely do on that side, and my Jets I am quite high on. So we'll see. I've got a lot of optimism. Hear me out, and thank you for that five dollars superchat coming up here on the program. Oh righty, let's keep it rolling here, let's see, let me get any other questions in here. I'll do this while we're waiting for any other superchats or comments or things of that nature. But look at this, Look at this. A lot of things are happening for the New York Jets. The Jets apparently have redone their locker room. A shout out to Jared b They have a two hundred and thirty square foot three Jets logo asana with a sound system, barbershop with refurbished chairs from the nineteen fifties. And here are some of the images. I'm going to be throwing these up on the screen here in just a second. What in the world. I guess they took that NFLPA thing pretty seriously, guys, for you know, some of the questions that they had about everything around here with their facilities and whatnot. And good Lord, have mercy, you know. As a matter of fact, it's funny. We were talking about this the other day on the Manchot show of Boy Green Digital about college football and some of these meccas. Look at this, Look at this. This is the Jets barber shop. A shout out to the New York Jets social media team for all the new looks here of Look look at the logo. Oh my god, the luggers terrific. I'm glad it took forever for us to get here, but this looks great. Look at this. The lockers are sweet. Look a look at the big screens. Oh, that looks so terrific. You know, I like some of the old school stuff of the Jets. But come on, man, this looks great. Wow. Okay, let's throw this one up on the screen. Look at the barber shop, the refurbished chairs with the Jets logo on the side. How the hell do I get one of those? Love to get my hair cut in that chair? Wow? Get this beard trimmed in that thing. Here's the three D logo. Oh my goodness. Look at this thing. That is sick. Wow, go back to it. Look at that Jets logo that's just hanging from the locker room. I can't wait to see this frigging locker room. Oh my gosh. I applied for media access to an upcoming Jets training camp practice. I don't know if the locker room will be open at that point, but look at all this. Shout out to Jared B thanks for the notes and quotes. Holy friggin crap. Wow, terrific. Yeah, we'll see. I'm gonna try to get to the Jets Giants joint practice. We'll see. I think that's August twelfth, But this, holy friggin crap. Big salute to the New York Jets. This locker room and complete update. Look at the led green lights. Oh my goodness. If you're listening to the audio only version, make sure hop on over to YouTube to see this to see it on the channel at boy Green chew five. Good lord, this is looking spectacular, so thank you. Jerby says, is a video package? All right, let's say let's get the video package in here.
Speaker 5: Terrific?
Speaker 1: Okay that those are the photo selections just came from this. Oh wow, Oh there's a full video ensemble. Good lord. Okay, well, without further ado, let's let's get this video package ready. Hang on tight people. Yeah, they have a full tour happening here as well, so thank you, Jared B. We'll try to get that here on the show momentarily.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at this New York Jets doing some business. Baby, they're doing some real business. You love to see it. All right, here we go, Okay, beautiful, we'll get back to that in just a second. We'll hopefully have a video to play of what's looking up there. We got another YouTube super check coming in from hear me out, baby. Let's bring this one up on the big board every time. I got to super chat here for my daughter Zia Luna. Thank you for the five dollars super chat my friend ed, thank you very much, appreciate it. Okay, you are getting closer and closer to another raffle ticket, my friend, so just keep that in mind. You're another let's see what would that be? All right, You're another ten bucks away from another raffle ticket for the Jets Cowboys game. Hear me out, So keep that in mind. You don't have to do that today. Just got to do that before the end of the month. Sam and I have both already had mono, so I can kiss him without hesitation if I get on the field after we win the NFC Championship game. No Super Bowl risks, Ah, how creative. Yes, I believe once you get mono nucleosis you can never get it again. I had that once and oh god, that was death. I had it when I was like a kid. That was awful. And my sister got that too, Oh boy, it was minown. Nucleosis is nasty, man. It's so draining energy wise and all that, and I just couldn't believe that headline. That is like the craziest headline I've ever seen. Starting quarterback is out from mononucleosis. To other NFL teams deal with this kind of stuff like, I don't know. I'm a Jets fan, so I'm in the weeds here, But is anyone else's quarterback getting sucker punched in the locker room? Another Seattle Seahawks Jets connection, right, is any other quarterback and punched in the locker room? Or mononucleosis or every other weird thing that's ever happened to the Jets? I mean, honestly, has that happened? Really? Like, you know, what the hell is going on here? I just don't understand. It's just, you know, I'm having like a weird therapeutic moment here, I guess, But like, think about the things that have happened to us as Jet fans now again, brighter times ahead. I hope we're here on July twenty second training camps starting. All the vibes are all terrific and great and all that jazz, which is again a real hoot, no question about it. But I just like, what in the world is going on here? I just seems strange. I don't know, But you know, I just had a weird moment there where I wanted to share that here on the show. But you know, here we are. AnyWho, let's get to it, so I believe I have the video package of the Jets giving us a tour of their new facilities here that all the upgrades. We'll play that in just a second for you guys again. Shout out to Jared b thanks for being on the lookout. Absolutely awesome, So thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. We will play that here in just a moment as the video uploads here, the Jets gave us a tour of this beautiful facility. Again. Shout out to Jared b Our moderator in the Jet for keeping an eye on social media. Obviously, I'm live doing a show here. I'm not seeing all the hoopla that's being discussed out there in the social media streets of what's happening. But that looks amazing. Okay, we'll get that in just a second. Okay. And yeah, yeah, yeah. If you guys have the ticket training camp tickets to trade with each other, feel free to do that. If I can help in any way, please let me know so I'll see if I can do any trading of anything to help you guys out. I know Jake Asmond does that a lot, so he may be another good person to look at from that perspective. Let me see vern veron do away teams stay in our locker room when they play the Giants. I would have no, no, no. I think there's a third locker room, but I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. So all right, here it is, without further ado, here's from the New York Jets, a tour of their new facility. Here we go. Holy shit, good lord, oh my god, wow, oh my goodness. For our audio only listeners, you just heard a very interesting dubstep beat. If you're in a club or something. But oh my god, that's sick. Oh right, shout out to Jared B. Good lord, have mercy. I mean that is insane. Wow, Okay, that is that's pretty sick. Okay, there we go. All right, there's an investment in the New York Jets. Appreciate it now that we sort of have our logo and brands and everything. It's good to see that. But oh my good lord, that's an incredible, incredible place. Dew Hans says, I never realized how bad the old one was until I saw this update. That's what I'm saying. I thought the old one was dandy, fine. I don't know. I guess you don't know what you don't know. And then I just saw the upgrades, the LED screens and everything else that they have here. I mean, this is absolutely sick. Wow, oh my goodness. They have more details, so okay, I can read you, guys some of the details. Apparently, from custom lockers to a two thousand pound jet ceiling logo to a new barber shop, player space undergoes comprehensive upgrade. According to Jets Insider team insider Eric Allen, Okay, here they are when Jets players were reported for training camp today, they agree with a new state of the art locker room. The renovation features ninety two new customized lockers, a new wet area, larger sauna, and barber shop. Okay, here's a quote from Robert Mastradi, club Senior vice president of Security and Facility Operations. The locker room in every player spaces has always been important to ownership and management. We take pride in having a first class environment for the players. These upgrades will certainly provide more comfort, but they will also help with wellness, efficiency, and ultimately performance. There is a commitment to winning, and that's where this is all derived from. The refigured locker room features ninety two full sized lockers made of Veneer, Milen Melimum and stainless steel. The one thousand pound lockers, designed by the Texas based Longhorn Locker Company, are equipped with electronically controlled video screens and three separate fans for shoulder pads, helmets, and cleats that will drive the equipment. The forced air ventilation will reduce moisture and lessen the risks of staff infections, and MRSA Mastrati said, we are the first pro team or NCAA team to implement a fully automated video display in the lockers. We customize the content on the screen and it's all interchangeable. If there's a change to a schedule or a point that maybe Coach Glenn wants emphasized, that could be programmed into the locker. This is insane. No detail is too small. The Jets is on every locker as if it's space was the player's own room at one Jets Drive quote more from Astrati. Players will sit inside the lockers with plush custom seats with a Jets logo embroidered in the back part of the head rest. Each locker has USB outlets for charging a Sonos system for music throughout the locker room. Players are going to love. It's got a sharp green led strip light underneath the locker, so it's recessed. We need to think about everything from the smallest of the biggest. We made sure we had a large enough cup holder in there. They'll accommodate their protein shakes if they want to bring it in there. The Jets swapped in a bigger suna, replacing a steam room that was rarely used. We want our players to stay healthy and recover faster. If there's anything we can do to ensure the wellness and maintain and improve performance, we are going to do it. Wow Wow wow. And here's more from an aesthetics standpoint. The locker room ceiling and hallways were also transformed. It's a thirty foot foot a two hundred thirty square foot ceiling Jets logo that weighs a ton. It's a three dimensional logo with over five hundred lights along the entire ceiling and back lit and front lit. The hallway has a black textured wallpaper with green LEDs running throughout the entire hallway and out the door into the infield house with two separate logos. One is the New York logo that's lit up and the other is the Jets primary logo that's lit up.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, this is spectacular. So a massive salute to the gash dar New York Jets. Holy friggin crap, that is okay, and Ricky New York says BG. It's pronounced mersa and it's brutal. Thank you for that. I appreciate it. Yes, I am not a doctor and I only play one every once in a while here on Boy Green Daily. So just to clarify that, wow wow wow, shout out to the New York Jets. Steven Fox. They're a button for Dyke Cokes. I don't know, Jared By says, how did they keep that under wraps? That's the important thing, right because like unless the Jets players are just not going into the locker or I don't know how long this took, I would imagine forever. Yeah, I don't know how they kept that under reps. That is unbelievable. That is wow. Whoa holy friggin crap. So okay, there you go for Lily and Bad says, So that's at their Forlorum Park facility, not MetLife Stadium. Correct, that's a good point. Yeah, the well, no, the locker room would be at MetLife, So I think it's both. I believe from what I understood about it, I believe that is both. Yeah, because their locker room would be at the stadium, I would assume, so, yes, that part is there, but also a lot of this other. Well, I guess there's the locker room for both. Right, there's a locker room for the actual stadium. Then there's a locker room for the one Atlantic Jets drive. So I guess both. I mean, wow, unbelievable. So there you go. A big salute to the New York Jets. Is uh. That's every adjective I've ever said ever about zoins and this or that or the other. So that is terrific. Wow, just great, All right, without further ado, after all that, a fifty three man roster prediction, brand new Jets facilities. This is amazing. Let's open up the phone lines. We'll take a halftime out your phone calls. Jets training camp is here, baby, it is bleeping here. Let's go. We'll play a quick cap song. We'll take your phone calls. Next as we get ready for Jets bleeping training camp. Let's go by Green, Budgy, Buggy, Plugging, Hoping Jets football man.
Speaker 2: Body, Budgy, D Buzzy D Buggy, you know, just football hub boll Steve Special Tees watch Jets football with by Green jay Gee.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm unbelievable and I am just filled with joy and excitement and that new training camp feeling. Smell baby, you know what I mean. Let's go absolutely amazing. So let's ride. Okay, without further ado. We got three hundred plus people in the room. Like the video hit subscribe. You guys are watching on YouTube. Let's hop on over to the phone lines. Now, wait just a second. This isn't a Friday, it's a Tuesday. What's going on here? I must have one of those orders that arrives early. Okay, I understand, Okay, here we are Philly noodles. What's going on? Man?
Speaker 4: Well, this is phone noodles, like the fakeod.
Speaker 1: Aah Yes, yeah, you know, not the real thing. But we'll do what we can with it, so appreciate it. Okay, A pleasant surprise. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 7: My son leaves today for the summer, back to Florida with his mother, so yeah, I'm working from home today, you know what.
Speaker 1: Okay, nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, two days from home. I appreciate it, you know yeah, sure there catch PG twice. You're killing it.
Speaker 1: They Now there we go, baby.
Speaker 7: Let's get some understood real fast. I would like to be the barber if I could cut hair there, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Measure the money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's that gig? Right? All the Jets players come in, you're just talking shop about the Jets R in this sweet state of the art facility. This is sick, dude.
Speaker 7: I mean the amount of money you make it like listen contemporary haircut dude like myself.
Speaker 4: I'm walking in nowadays.
Speaker 7: I remember as a kid, you know what, fifteen twenty bucks stops. I'm spending myself fifty dollars. So I can only imagine what these guys are.
Speaker 4: You know. Just their tips are probably one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: They give me a hundred imagine, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they need more chairs, is what they need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 7: And I hope that is at MetLife because if that is not at met Life, that's at disservice.
Speaker 1: It would be I'm trying to understand because I could just be an idiot in the moment, I'm not thinking because we're in the middle of a show. But they said when the players were let me make sure I read this again for what this says. Let's see when Jets players reported for training camp at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center Tuesday, they were agreed with it. So, yeah, this is at the Atlantic House. So this is one Jets drive.
Speaker 4: This is not because they practice and right, but I.
Speaker 1: Would imagine they're going to do it. Why wouldn't they do it for this? You know that may be another surprise, right, Jets aren't at right now and they show up and this is another thing. Maybe you know, I don't.
Speaker 7: Think so, because I mean, with that contingency is splitting it between you know, the Giants, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: So that's a good take though. Yeah, it is definitely just one Jets drive at Atlantic. It is where it is, all right.
Speaker 7: So whoever it is, Indy, whoever, whoever else thinks I know you have Clemens on the roster because we have to. But yeah, Clembons again is going to be an iceore and I think in mid season, if not earlier, they're going to have to cut him. Even though he got that he got that ross going to try his three mills probably already. I would try to trade him for you know, a fifth, sixth round, whatever he can get for him. Just get rid of him, because he's just gonna eat space of a guy who can laterally move.
Speaker 4: My son's flag football team might move.
Speaker 7: Quicker, honestly, laterally than Michael Clemens. It's just he cannot stop a bloody run if it's faked to one side. The guy just don't have it. He has forward and no backward movement. And he's long, so you would assume he can even grab somebody. But he's just he's just, he's just he's not it. He hasn't been it, And the fact that he's still on the roster is kind of it's egregious. I thought Moogie and and whoever may have you could have, you know, unless what's his name, see something completely different out of him.
Speaker 4: And I'm not even talking to Aaron Glenn. I'm talking what's his name, Uh, Steve Wilks. Yeah, well maybe completely different. Yeah, Like.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, there's gotta be a way to allocate. I listen, I'd rather bring in in this. I'd rather bring in Noah offense and get rid.
Speaker 4: Of Clemens and and and spending three million.
Speaker 7: Dollars that way, which is not even like we don't need to allocate it to that, right, I don't understand, you know what I mean, there's no way in heaven that he's started.
Speaker 4: Team and Indy, that's my guy, and I'm going to see him the season.
Speaker 7: Definitely in Charlotte, there's no way in they's like he's gonna have ten plus sacks. No, I think Quincy will have more sacks by the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Than you think Quinchy would have more Saxon who Michael Clemons? Oh, maybe the thing that Randy was talking to again, Randy Lang, the Jets senior contributor. Uh, he said, the Jets don't use Quincy enough in the blitzing game. They certainly should. Well, what did Clements have what four and a half last year or something that was a career high?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was also some some ragtime, you.
Speaker 1: Know, sure, right, Wait, we can comb over, right, sacks gonna be taxing you comb over. For instance, the rookie the Jets drafted in the fifth round, Tyler Barron, Right, here's whatever number he had four or five, six sacks, But he like had four of them against some slaptick D two team and we're like, okay, well you know, and that like FAU International Technical Institute, that's where he had most of his sacks this year, which again you combed through it and that's not it. But you know, so yeah, I'm not saying Michael Clemens is the second comment to Derek Thomas. But the only thing is that just did nothing. They did zip it Tyler Barron, who was basically mister irrelevant. It's not like they used a first reund pick or second red pick or third repick or fourth a fifth rounder on a guy who is interesting and he made my roster. But you know, they did mumpkus. They didn't bring in a Jademian Clement and bringing everybody. No, it's it's not too late. There's players out there, so something else will happen.
Speaker 7: And that's why you know, you know, me and Alan have gone at it where he's like, not he's not like a terrific pick. I'm like, no, you're right, but they brought a notty as okay, so like a good secondary runner next to you know, player next to Quinnon.
Speaker 4: But honestly, in all reality, it isn't the greatest no.
Speaker 7: And it's like, so that's why we do understand what Moogie said and what Aaron said. They're gonna continue to try to make this team better no matter what they can do. So I to me, the blood would be in the water if we're winning, right and we're producing and mynime miss still ain't doing this thing and we need maybe some more help with Quinnen and let's say we have a chance somewhere in the you know, in October, they smell maybe we got a December run, don't be shocked if they go make a trade.
Speaker 4: To go get themselves somebody on the line. That's what I would assume, honestly.
Speaker 7: Because D Line, as we know, is one of those These teams are trading D linemen all the time, you know, because you can just be like the hot name coming out of college, I'll just draft that. That's to me, that's what D Line ends up being. You know, we have our book ends, that's the whole point. So if you need to trade, you know, if you can trade Noddy and trade Clemons and go get yourself somebody who's on an expiring contract for you know, a playoff run, or even see who's available still a free agency because you know this probably still some guys out there.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not citable Clemens and not one hundred percent, no, and I don't think anybody should be. And I still see it as the weakest, one of the weaker parts on the team.
Speaker 1: But you know, yeah, and I don't disagree. I think the depth of defensive and defensive tackle maybe go, oh boy, god, I hope there's not an injury to either of those. Quinning gets hurt. What the fuck are we doing at defensive tackle? That scares the shit out of me? Defensive end, Jermaine's already hurt, if you want to call it that coming off the Achilles. We don't know what he's going to be. I hope he's fully healthy, and I hope he's awesome. But there's at least a chance we looks at us go he may to be one hundred percent right for the get go, which it would be a reasonable thing to say. And then so it's Will McDonald Michael Clemens as your starters. That's where we're at right now.
Speaker 4: Oh and everybody bunk up. What the full season?
Speaker 7: I feel like there's going to be a periscope, a giant scope on Breese versus Braylin, and people thinking that, listen, I don't even care what kind of year Breese has. If Breese is expecting what he thinks he might want to get paid, we're not paying him that. No running back gets paid what they expect to get paid. It's just that's that's a quote unquote, that's a reality. They just don't so be. Everyone should be aware that Breiln is younger by a lot, and they'll just move.
Speaker 4: Forward with Breilin. I think, honestly, you can always I've.
Speaker 1: Got a wear feeling. Yeah, I gotta wear feelings that Brailin's gonna at some point takeover, is it? Because again, you can lose your job in a lot of ways. Alex Smith was going crazy for the forty nine ers. He gets a concussion and Harvard goes, hey, who's this Colin Kaepernick guy, slapped him on the ass, brought him in. Alex never got his job back, and and Alex was like, we were freaking onsome, what the hell? And it doesn't matter. It could be, it could be happenstance, it could be it could be a legitimate benching. There could be all kinds of reason you could lose your job. So yeah, I've got a weird feeling. Braylan takes over at some point for Breech too, but we'll see.
Speaker 7: And briees no matter what everyone thinks. Looking looking back at all the games he does take plays off. Man, he takes plays off. You can you can smell it, you could see it. It is what it is. But I wish the best for the kid. I mean, even if he has a great season, good for today, benefits also, and if it benefits him in a contract wherever else he can.
Speaker 4: Go, good for him.
Speaker 7: But we're not retaining him at twenty million year, fifteen MILLI year.
Speaker 4: It's just I doubt it. Let's yeah, I'll be honest. Yeah, that's my take.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, Well, thanks for coming in, buddy. Yeah, I appreciate it. Thank you. Some Philly noodles coming up here on the show. Okay, beautiful, let's keep rolling on the phone lines here up next, We've got easy, what's up, busy? Easy? You're on mute, but you're not on mute. You're not like I mute on my side, But no sound is coming to whatever you're doing. He maybe has a button to press. Okay, nope, you're still on mute. Get nothing. We'll come back easy. I don't know what's going on there with your Okay, I think still no sound coming on your side. All right, let's go next here, Ricky New York Live. What's up? Ricky?
Speaker 10: Hey, what's happened?
Speaker 1: Paul h What is that?
Speaker 10: I understand that, you know, running backs don't usually get you know, the big extensions. Uh, that's that's the reality. But I think we've gone a little bit far with this. You know, you can get a running back anywhere, narrative whatever. Uh, let me ask you this in his career thus far as a New York Jet, Yeah, what is what is Braylon Allen's longest career? Carrie Like like, ah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh, I I can't remember if this was a preseason game or not, so this may not count. Actually, the more I think about, it was definitely a preseason game, but I think it was the Giants and a half back sweep to the left toss. You had like a twenty four yard run. So now I'm trying to think of what it would have been in the regular regular season.
Speaker 8: No, I get.
Speaker 1: Preseason doesn't count. Now I'm just saying in my head, I'm trying to think of whatever that play would be. I don't know, but that could be easily found out. Do you know it? No, oh, okay, I'll find it out right now. Yeah, let me see, yeah, yeah, that'll be on his stat page here, So let's see what do you think it is if you had to guess. Twenty three, twenty twenty, he had a twenty yarder apparently in his rookie season. That was the longest he's had.
Speaker 10: Okay, so his longest carrie is twenty yards yep, and he's getting We're just gonna get rid of Breeese because this kid can take his place. Look at the Look at the carry that Brice had against the Packers. That was like the draw play where he was all watching and he just pinballed off at everyone and took it to the house. Look At what he did the next week versus Denver, Like, do you realize that that you know the play before he got hurt? That that play in Denver one handoff and he carried it more than three times, the longest carry Braylan Allen has ever had. There is a reason that Brice was picked at the top of the second almost the first because we were trying to trade back into the first to get him, and by Allen was a fifth. Okay, uh yeah, and no disrespect to Brayleen Allen. I like him, Uh, but Breece is a much better back, so he takes plays off. Oh you mean the guy who wasn't completely healthy, who was being misused by idiot coaches behind a patchwork offensive line with the worst offensive line coach easily in the entire league. That's that's your analysis that you did. Just bad, just bad, man. Like, I think we're going to see a different breach this year. I think we've got coaches who actually know how to use them, you know, not some idiot coordinator that's going to take you know, the better part of three months to figure out the guy can catch a.
Speaker 1: Ball and real quick. I just want to correct this. Breese's longest was forty two. That's not true. In his career, He's had an eighty three yarder, so he's had He's had all kinds of long runs. Maybe that maybe last year was forty two was just longest. Indeed, I don't know that, but.
Speaker 10: Yeah, last year, Yeah, I was about to say that Carrie in Denver was seventy three.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he's talking about last year. So the breeze forty yeah, okay, that's fair yep. Compared it to what Braylen's had, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: Yeah again not completely healthy and behind the Keith Carter line.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: I don't think is uh a fair criteria to evaluate him under. Like, let's let's let's let's see how he is this year. And sure I have I have a funny feeling that all the trade brief people are going to be changing their minds by you know, mid October.
Speaker 1: But well, we have a question for you, so let's send this in. This is from our guy, Philly Noodles here and appreciate it. Thank you for sending him the super chest. Let's ask this question. Philly Noodles a two dollars super chat. Thank you very much. He says, Ricky, do you think they're paying him? He's talking about Breeshaw eighteen plus million per year? Loll Nope. What do you think the numbers?
Speaker 10: I I don't think. I don't think he gets that anyway.
Speaker 1: From the Jets or another team.
Speaker 10: If he has a really good year, I could see, you know, if he were to hit the open market, which I don't think he will. I could see him getting maybe maybe between thirteen and fifteen. However, Uh, he has a good year, the Jets are going to tag him, milk him for one more year and then probably send him down the road because that's that's just the reality of the running back position. Sure, but you know to the the whole oh Braylen, Allen's going to overtake him, thing like I'm not I'm not buying that. I'm not drinking that kool aid. Sorry, can't do Yeah, we don't have to drink. By the way, I wanted to say thank you for popping into our first show the other day.
Speaker 1: Congratulations buddy. That Wow, what a riveting success. Congrats man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was only it was really only supposed to be an hour and kind of I decided to go ahead and do a live show because like I kept hearing Jake saying like, oh, stream Yard has changed everything, and I'm thinking, oh, great, right as I'm getting ready to start doing stuff, and like, fortunately for me, I mean, I've only got a couple of video clips. So you know, when you've only got like three, it's real easy to find which ones which, uh.
Speaker 1: I know what Jake complains about. I know exactly what he's talking about.
Speaker 10: Yeah, dude, Jake's got over five hundred video clips. He's got like five different folders with over one hundred in each, and it's like, I don't know how he can find anything. And the speed with which he does it. Yeah, it's like like like me and him can be talking and I'll be like mid sentence and it's like, damn, like he's he's he's pulling up the congrats on the sex or you know what's suppressive.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know how he does it that fan I'm joining.
Speaker 10: He truly is a master when it comes to that, and uh, you know, and granted, you know, he's got a leg up on most of us anyway, being a professional radio guy and every years, however, radio don't you know, teach you to do that kind of stuff on stream yard.
Speaker 1: He's he's shelf time. I would imagine that, but you.
Speaker 10: Know what, he's been doing this for several years and now cranking out, you know, a couple of shows a day for the better part of a year.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: Practice makes perfect, so.
Speaker 1: You know, that's for sure.
Speaker 10: But yeah, he is so good at that like there there have been several times where we're like in the middle of a conversation and it'll be like bamn, and it's like, damn, I haven't even seen that video clip in like two years. How did he find that so fast? But yeah, anyways, Uh yeah, I had to call in and and like the brief thing. It boggles my mind and I'm curious to see how this roster is going to shake out. I I have a little bit different take. Uh, I don't know. I don't know about Pritchard.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: How however, if if Corley doesn't want to get his act together and uh Gibson doesn't want to improve, I'll tell you what. Uh well, we'll let we'll let one of those individuals walk and we can give a roster spot to Pokey Wilson, my.
Speaker 1: Boy, uh who.
Speaker 10: Is still with the team right now. Uh can return kicks and punts by the way, and uh.
Speaker 5: You know it.
Speaker 10: He was a weird signing man. It was like post Ulbrick but pre Glenn like that was like the one like Phil Savage move like kind of in the middle of everything. But the fact that he's still here and still hanging around. Uh, I think it's a good sign. And man, i'll tell you what. I remember in one of the LSU games, Travis like brought back to throw it and got hit. I mean labeled, had his head taken off as he was throwing it, but launched it like forty something yards down the field and Pokey Wilson like just one hand at it and then did like the Dion high step.
Speaker 4: In the end zone.
Speaker 11: And I was like, damn and the guy that.
Speaker 10: He roasted on that touchdown catch, Yeah, Jared Bernard converse, that's not necessary.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 10: I didn't even realize that until like after we signed poke Wilson and I went back and I was highlight to somebody and then I saw who it was that was covering him, and I was like, oh out, you know, and at that point it was was jet on jet violence because they were both on Uh. But and I didn't realize that at the time. But you know what, Uh, he's a he's an interesting player, and I honestly I would like to see him get a shot. I don't know how much he would do for us, you know, as a receiver, he is a little bit smaller guy. But I'll tell you what, as a returner. He's sure as hell couldn't be any worse than Gibson his bit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I just think there's a lot of opportunities and how do they split it? Are some just being kick returnish, some being pump returners or so I'm going to do both Canae and Guanu Jamal Pritchett, Arian Smith. There's been those rumors that Chris Banjo is gonna experiment him with him back there, How does that affect roster spots? So like that that'll be interesting to me to see how they how they end up choosing to handle the return game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and Guana is an interesting guy. Uh, I'm kind of glad to see you know that he's here.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know, Like I just.
Speaker 10: Don't see, uh, Gibson putting up that big of a fight to keep that spot. I mean, I'm pretty sure all those other guys that we just mentioned can go and fair catch it, which is what Gibson does damn near every time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So.
Speaker 10: I don't know, I know, I don't mean to bash Gibson, but like, I don't know, he just he just hasn't done enough for me, Like I you know, I always keep hoping that he will take a step, take a step, but but he doesn't.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: It's it's like kind of like one step forward and one step back, and he's still just kind of what he was when he got here.
Speaker 1: So it's a fair point, Ricky, And I would just say that on Javier, that him having that show him being the hard knock stray. Oh wow, he made the team touchy feely, Oh wow, he has the power turn touchdown his first game ever to win the game. And then it's just been all downhill from from there. But go ahead, Ricky, finish up.
Speaker 11: What do you got that?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 10: That was pretty much it. I don't see, you know, I don't see a lot of big surprises. But the one thing is just like we're just like everybody is talking about no Offen right now because he just got released, and maybe we could use the tight end for all those people that think we maybe still need a defensive tackle or a defensive end or another receiver. Guess what, No offense is the first domino of many to fall. Because all the teams have got to cut down rosters. There's gonna be a lot of guys that get in their walking papers and end up available. So the fact that we haven't signed anybody yet means absolutely nothing. Training camp is here. Now we get to see how these guys look with pads on, and either guys are gonna step up and take that job or they'll find somebody that wants it. So, uh, there's gonna be there's gonna be good players that become available in the very near future here. So if we find ourselves in a position where we need to add there, there'll be somebody there.
Speaker 1: I think show Ricky, I think show all right, good call, good call coming in here. All right, let's go back to the phone lines. You got bubble bubble, bad show here on the show? What's that bad show?
Speaker 12: Paul? I wanted to ask you, yes, if I could show everybody my big cucumber?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, why not? I guess Oh jesus, wow, Okay, your wife must be a very happy woman.
Speaker 12: She actually grew this.
Speaker 1: Wow, I bet you did.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah she uh. She Reese came in the other night and she's like, mom's got your big cucumber out there, And I was like what And so anyway, I was, you know, I was like, you're like kind of listening to your kid, but you're kind of not You're like, wait, what did you just say it? Anyway, So I was listening to your your predictions.
Speaker 8: I like them.
Speaker 12: Uh, I would say, you know, some of them aren't making franchise mode on Madden qualifications. You know, you've got to have like six linebackers and.
Speaker 1: Requirements. I got a little cute there were some of those.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I like it. I like it, though, I everybody you had on there. I'm really I'm looking forward to Donovan Edwards. Oh yeah, there has there been much news on him lately. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't hear a lot. The only thing I heard. I mean, obviously we're coming out of this big gap where there wasn't practice or anything going on. But the last we heard of what we saw we I wasn't there, But what other people saw is they said he looked really good. So that was Erow pointing out. But again, the real stuff pads coming on inevitably, that won't everyone's not going to have full pads today, but you know, once they eventually slap on the pads and get going here, we'll see what he does with this opportunity. I think there isn't RB four job to have, and I'm not talking about Knae and Guanhu. I think there is a legitimate RB four job to have. And we'll see. There's Zach Evans on this team. There's a couple other Cats that are battling, and we'll see. But to me, I think the don I think he has the best chance.
Speaker 12: I got you, and I just got one more question.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 12: So do you know we've talked. I've heard you say the NFL's talked about going to eighteen.
Speaker 1: Games feels inevitable.
Speaker 12: Do you think they'll ever bump up the roster black to where it's like maybe sixty men or seven. Do you think they'll ever do that or do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think all of it's on the table once you get so like, I think that's part of the natural progression of the eighteenth game conversation, expanded rosters a second by week and then sort of how that operates. I think eventually we're getting to every team in the NFL is going to have an international game where like, and it's just worked in the schedule. I don't know if it's always going to be week four, Week five, week six, that probably will have flexibility, but every team, it would just be a part of the job. Is that you're gonna everyone goes to London once every year, everyone goes to Germany, whatever it is. Maybe they're all different. I'm not sure. I think that's going to happen inevitably. So, yes, roster expansion has to because you add one more game to everybody. I think about two teams smacking against each other for an additional sixty minutes that wasn't there before. People are gonna get banged up. People are gonna get hurt, and it would be naive to just say, nah, it's fifty three. Things pretty good like now, Like the practice squad numbers have gone up, like they weren't always sixteen man practice squad, so those numbers have increased. So yeah, I fully anticipate that has to be a part of the process. What that number is is at fifty three to fifty five is a fifty three to sixty Is it fifty three to sixty five? I don't know, but yeah, I think that's good for business. I look forward to that in Madden and our conversations. I think that is inevitable too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it'd be cool to just be like, look, if we have a number open, then we can have a guy on the team. I know that'll never happen, but anyway, you know, maybe one of these days we can get a I don't know if an international team will ever, you know, we get a team in London or Magneto or somewhere. But anyway, man, well, glad talking to you, buddy.
Speaker 1: I love saying you a bad shaw and shout out to you and your wife and that at normal only large cucumber. Whatever you guys plan on doing with it, that is your business.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: We got four hundred people in the room. Like the video hit subscribe here on the show. All right, let's give a discount double check to this guy easy here on the show. Easy, can you hear me? Yes, Okay, we got you. I don't know what that was, but we have it now. Okay, great.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you remember back when the USFL first started back in the eighties, they had eighteen game season.
Speaker 1: Oh I did not remember that. Okay, I went actually.
Speaker 8: When I was out and living in the San Francisco area at that time back and I think it was the summer nineteen eighty four, and I actually saw an Oakland Invaders game.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I love that.
Speaker 8: And somebody sitting there was a guy sitting behind me. He was an Oakland Raider, and he showed us his Super Bowl ring. I can't I'm trying to remember. I think it was Lester Hayes, sure, the molested hey. And he showed us his super Bowl rank and we asked him, what do you think of this league? He goes, we'll see what happens. It all depends on the money.
Speaker 4: That was what he said.
Speaker 11: It all depends on the money.
Speaker 8: But I think to answer a bad show was saying about expanding the roster for an eighteen game, we definitely have to go to a second bye week, and maybe we keep everything the same, except instead of having fifty three men on the roster and only dressing forty eight for the game, maybe they'll just be able to dress all fifty three players for.
Speaker 1: Each Oh oh, maybe that's a good point, right, instead of the forty five active game.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no more healthy scratches.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 8: And that would be the probably the simplest way to add more players to the team without actually adding to the payroll. Just everybody dresses. You made the team, you dress, and then you still what a forty eight You got an extra five players on the team on the sidelink line in case you need them, and then you can carry a third quarterback. Then you can carry the extra you know, if you think it's going to be a running game, you definitely bring an extra offensive lineman you know is ready to go.
Speaker 11: You know, you'll have that extra added flexibility.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't know why to this day that we have this active and active thing. I mean, it's a good conversation piece on game days. Ooh, who's going to be active? Very active? And I got to pay attention to it. So maybe the NFL likes that. But besides that, I have no idea where we have fifty three guys in the roster and then five of them for no apparent reason just yeah, don't even put.
Speaker 8: On the play Yeah, like yeah, I mean it, if you only have forty eight on the field, then you may as well just have forty eight man team.
Speaker 11: That doesn't make any that I think.
Speaker 8: I think the simplest thing for them to do, and probably the Players Association would probably be on board with this, actually is just dress your guys.
Speaker 11: Just dress them all. Yeah, that would solve that problem.
Speaker 8: You'll have an extra five players on the team for an extra game and then, like you said, the extra bye week and then and I think one other thing we need to do. They need to go back to having the Pro Bowl at the end of the season in Hawaii and have it at the end of the season. This way, the guys that are in the Super Bowl don't.
Speaker 1: Have to like make business decisions, right.
Speaker 8: No, no, if they're in the if they're playing, let let the season end, let the Super Bowl happen.
Speaker 11: Then have the Pro Bowl afterwards in Hawaii. That truly rewards the players and their families. They get that beautiful trip to Hawaii, they get to play in the game. Maybe they modify it, maybe they don't make it flag football.
Speaker 8: Maybe they just make it, you know, like just kind of tackle and hold and everybody on the office on the offense nose once you get grabbed, stop running, none of the nonsense. You know, we don't want people getting hurt. Well, maybe they play like the tackle football.
Speaker 1: They still football, which is what maybe that's what it can.
Speaker 8: Be, right, But maybe they just play the game in their uniforms without the pads. So that they you know, they wear their helmets and you know, but they don't. Yeah, make it more like it more like a football game, only it's like, you know, more like a practice where you don't freaking drag the guy to the ground. No, no hitting the quarterbacks. You know, you know, they just just kind of simplify the game a little bit.
Speaker 11: We already know they don't have.
Speaker 8: Blitzes in those games because you know, it's just simplify the game a little bit, because it's supposed to be a fun game. But put it at the end of the season so that so the playoff teams don't get penalized and don't get don't get to go to the game.
Speaker 11: I think it's terrible cool. The the old format was the best. Look.
Speaker 8: Baseball did the same thing this year. They went back to letting the players wear their uniforms, their team uniform. Remember, for a while there, the baseball players had a waiting stupid All Star univer.
Speaker 5: I hated that.
Speaker 8: And now this year they went went back to letting them where they're there, their their their uniforms.
Speaker 1: Which makes sense. That's what the All Star is. We're getting all these All Stars from all these different teams. All together, it makes sense. Yes.
Speaker 8: The other thing I want to bring up is, uh, yeah, I was when I heard that what's his name became available?
Speaker 11: Uh became available? I was all set to jump on it, but then I heard was that bad show? Who was up?
Speaker 12: Just last?
Speaker 11: Who's up?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: And he mentioned that that, yeah, a lot of teams are going to be releasing players. So maybe the prudent thing for the Jets.
Speaker 1: Ricky, Ricky about all the people getting cut and there's gonna be more.
Speaker 8: It's probably prudent to just sit back and then gauge and see what's what is out there, because there are going to.
Speaker 11: Be some very good players.
Speaker 4: Let go.
Speaker 11: They're all are. Sometimes they're not just let go.
Speaker 8: Sometimes they're a great player, but the guy that they drafted or the guy that they traded for, or someone underneath them develops and just surpasses them. And now these guys are making you know, bukoo bucks, but they're not really utilize them.
Speaker 11: Or new coaching change.
Speaker 8: You go from a three to four to a four to three, and you have an extra linebacker now, and what are you going to do with that extra linebacker?
Speaker 11: And he's he's a good you know, run stopper.
Speaker 8: But you know you're in a division that has uh, well, the other teams are passing offenses, so you don't don't maybe need that run stopper, whereas the Jets might feel they need that extra run stopper so then they can go and get him. We picked what we picked in the draft. I'm trying to move seven, so that means only six teams in front of us can claim a waiver guy before us, So we still have an opportunity to get a decent waiver guy. So maybe you know he's right that we should just wait a little bit. But I still, even with that, I would still love to at least reach out to Clowney's agent and reach out and reach out to fans agent, because I'm telling you, if I had Clowney, I would put him right next to Quinn Williams. I would have him as a tackle. I would put him defensive tackle. He's big enough, he's strong enough. The only thing I'm worried about is he won't be able to wear number ninety because Dennis Bird's retired.
Speaker 1: Of course that's true. He would have to get over that part, yes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, and he'd have to understand I mean, Dennis Party was a beloved Jet and he basically is his career, died on the field in Kansas City when he got jammed by Scott Mercero. They were trying to pancake the quarterback and they just went and he just I was I was at my cousin's house out in where my cousin lived, not Comac maybe, yeah, it was Comac, and we were watching the game and we were like everyone, it was a bunch of us, We're all Jet fans. This is in Suffolk County, which is really Jet territory. I mean, NASA County is Jets and Giants.
Speaker 11: New York City is Giants. But but out in Suffolk County that was all long haired rock and roll Jet fans. And we were watching that game and that was we were all. It killed the party. It killed the party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 11: It was definitely what wouldn't have been a buzz kill if you were at a.
Speaker 1: Party and saw that, I would imagine so yeah.
Speaker 8: But but anyway, Yeah, I would love to see Clowney on our team as a tackle because because that would turn it kind of into what like a NASCAR package almost with a thousand.
Speaker 1: You had will McDonald, Jermaine Johnson, Quada, Williams, Clowney. Hell yeah, that'd be insane.
Speaker 11: Because we all know Clowney is good against the run.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think I think that would be such a good fit for the Jets for this season, if he'd be willing to come here. Now, some people were saying he only wants to win, But then why did he go to the Panthers last year?
Speaker 1: It was a good pot to have his.
Speaker 8: Grandma's home cooking. You know, I'm sorry, but you know I can get that. You know that he wants to be closer to home. But come on, New York, five hundred miles away. Come on, you just get on a plane. It takes an hour and a half on the plane to get down here.
Speaker 1: That's a great pitch by easy. Let's try to say we can get Jadavi on Cloudy Baby. We got four hundred people to the room. Make sure you guys like the video. Hit subscribe. Let's head back to the phone line. Is a Johnny boy here on the program? I look at Dapper once again. What's up Johnny?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: What I was hearing you guys?
Speaker 1: And I just wanted to get on real quick, sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 13: I might be one of the only few that does not want fan because I think it's it's pointless if I'm being one.
Speaker 9: Hundred percent honest with you.
Speaker 4: All Right, we get him?
Speaker 9: Where is he gonna go?
Speaker 13: Tied in two over over younger cats and all that? He Why did he get why did he get dropped from the last cat?
Speaker 1: He saved a bunch of money by doing it.
Speaker 9: I don't know, man, I just I just can't see it, bro, not not what they're trying to build.
Speaker 4: What's his age?
Speaker 1: Good question? I wrote it for a story, but let me do a discount double check on it. He's still in his twenties. I'm pretty sure he's twenty seven?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, I mean I can't do it, bro, fair enough?
Speaker 13: Just rock with the cats that we got that has been in with us since day one, and then the clowny thing.
Speaker 9: This might be one of the ones that might get me, like, you know, beat up, but I welcome in. I don't want him, bro.
Speaker 1: What why why don't you want you? Name on Clowney?
Speaker 9: He's a mercenary man. That dude's gonna come over here to get paid.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 13: And do we have are we gonna want to do that to pay him, or would we rather pay somebody else, like a bigger wide receiver or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I guess, I mean.
Speaker 9: Because I feel like we have players there that we're not talking about.
Speaker 13: Man Like we keep saying about run stuff for run stuffers, but we got some big ass dudes that are in there that are not getting the benefit of the doubt yet, especially if we're believing in Aaron Glenn to potentially get the best out of these players. So I think when you make a move like that, is if we're essentially making the playoffs and trying to make that push for a Super Bowl run, or are we at that point? I don't think so, man, I don't. I don't know, you know what I mean, Like I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it. But that's just my opinion, you know what I mean. So I just wanted to come up here to.
Speaker 4: Say that.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that, giant, and welcome back to your partner in crime. Coming back to the United States of America. No call from Snowball. We must still be going through customs, which I understand, so you know, save travels to our guy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I want to welcome back from the United States of America to our very own son, Brett and Bourne here out on the Long Island area.
Speaker 9: Mister Snowball, welcome back, Baby got back.
Speaker 1: He's back. Thanks, Johnny, appreciate you jets world wide, Baby wide, wide wide. I'm sure you guys subscribe to their YouTube channel. Baby here on the program. Let's give a Johnny one of Rose. All right, everybody, I will make sure if you guys are watching this after the fact, in moments, I will upload the fifty three man roster prediction article that a company said this video. It'll be in the YouTube description down below. Read more. Here you guys can check out the full thing. Feel free to let your comments fly here on YouTube. But whether you agree or disagree, hope you guys disagree, you feel free let me know what parts I fucked up and I'll try to see if I can fix that. I'm not gonna change it, fixed it, but like you know, comment and debate about it, and maybe you guys can make me feel a little bit differently about it. So feel free. That's going to be great again, guys. Make sure you guys check out. I'll make sure I shared in the YouTube post section. But I did a full hour interview. It's me and my radio partner now digital partner, Jim the manchaw lerch We did a full Jets Training Camp preview with Randy Lang for an hour. That will not be on this Boy Green channel. It's exclusively on The Manchow Show with Boy Green Digital channel. So guys check out that full hour, great conversation with Randy. My first time ever doing like an interview session with it. We've only known of each other and we've texted and stuff, but we've never done a show together. So long overdue baby for that. We'll continue to have Jets Training Camp coverage, so keep an eye out for that. I might have a special live show coming up at eleven o'clock, keep an eye out for that here on this channel with some jets and food sort of combining together. More on that in a bit. There might be another live show coming up here on the channel as well. Plus Boy Green meets Woody then'll be coming up at three o'clock. So we've got a ton of content coming here on the channel and we'll keep it tuned to all things Jets Training Camp, Happy Jets Training Camp to everybody like the video, hit subscribe We're watching on YouTube, and help us as we make our chase to eight thousand subs or less than two hundred subscribers away. Thanks everybody for tuning in, and we will see you. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Let me try to get to this guy who's been trying to call into the show. Wait before I shut the barn doors, he's been given takes in the comments section. Wait just a second, Wait just a second, before we officially end the program, Indy Jets is back. I Indy, you had a take and I went to go to you one time, and then you're off the couch and I'm like, oh now we got you.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I had some phone calls I had to make. Okay, yeah, yeah, that's right. I'm gonna I'm just gonna make it quick.
Speaker 1: Well, sure, okay, my my clements take Okay, Michael Clements.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know Michael Clemens. You know he he's not the brightest uh brightest bulb in the closet, that's for sure, but physically agree he start that year. But physically he's also not the greatest tight. He's also not a very good tight. End for the wide nine. It didn't have enough speed. Right, we're not running the wide nine this year, and I don't think we'll run it one I doubt if we'll run it one time this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know that that I can't you know, I just don't think that's that's not part of that's that's never been part of AG's. You know, think about solid and and your brick, and they stuck with that wide nine no matter who, no matter who was in there, and that's just not that's not good coaching. You coach, you know, you kind of designed your scheme around the talent of the players, and and they tried to fit the players into their scheme and he even him and they didn't fit.
Speaker 5: They still ran with it.
Speaker 6: Clemons is gonna be the kind of guy that this year they're gonna give him two rules and they're gonna pre snap, They're gonna they're going to they're gonna yell out, whether it be Sherwood or or clintcy, either one of them. It'll be like it'd be like uh Peyton Manning back there yelling omaha, and and that's gonna mean something to Clemens and he's gonna have one job and one job only, whatever it is. If your job is to go set the edge, that's all I need you to do right now, because Quincy will take care of the center. We'll get well, we'll take the center gap, you take the edge, or they yell out something else that that that clicks in his brain, that says, go after the quarterback. We do not care about the edge. We don't care about the running back. We we just want you to focus on this and go get it. And because he's not, obviously we we all can agree. I think, at least on Clement's part, I don't I don't think anybody will will argue this that that you know, his his football mentality is not.
Speaker 5: It is not real high. But it's you're talking about, yeah, you know, you.
Speaker 6: Know he you know, his immaturity, flipping off fans, him just doing stupid ship you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, but he won't get away with that under a G I would imagine not no.
Speaker 6: And I and I think that you know, having a mature coach, having a mature leader, you know, and you saw last year, you know, the entire defense just went brain dead on a lot of plates because they didn't have good leadership. They've got they've got great leadership now and you can see you'll see I think you'll see Clemons take a huge step forward. And I still think that, you know, we're going to be a forty plus sack between JJ McDonald quick and in and Clemens.
Speaker 5: You know, he might have that. He might be between that eight and twelve.
Speaker 6: So I just said ten. Yeah, and so that's you know, but he's not a good fit for the wide nine. And he's and a player like him is going to look terrible in a wide night. It would be like putting Peyton Manning in you know, a run type offense. You know, he's just not that's out of wrong puzzle piece. I get it square square there you go. Yeah, And I think that's where Clemens kind of fits in. He's too a little bit too small to be a defensive tackle, you know, just a full time defensive tackle. He just doesn't have He needs another twenty thirty pounds put probably on there and where you're going to put where you're going to pack that on him, he's going to look like the incredible Hulk might then, uh, you know, And so he's kind of that in between he's he's just a good fit for a defensive end, but not in only in a specific scheme, and I think a G and everybody else will figure out, Hey, here's what this guy's talent is and he doesn't have a lot, but here's what he's going to excel at, and we're going to put him in the right situation and just say, you know, quarterback, just just go giddy. I don't care what else to do. This is on this play, you go giddy, or on this play you set the edge and if they run it whatever, whatever they do, I just need you to cover this area and go do it now.
Speaker 5: Is that a great is it you want?
Speaker 6: You want a multitooled guy like JJ. Not everybody on the team can be a JJ or something like that. So you've got to have this role player that's going to sit there and say, I just need you to know, do one thing good right now, and when I call out something else, I need you to go do this one thing good.
Speaker 5: Don't think because we know you can't, but I see it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent? Is that to me? This is a movie. Okay, We've got leading actors, we have supporting actors and if everyone knows their role and what they're supposed to do, What Jermaine is supposed to do, what Michael clem is supposed to do are not the same things, and that's okay. But if everyone can embrace their roles, that's a big piece. Sometimes they can't and they try to do too much. It seemed like Michael a lot tried to play superhero and try to make players and do things that he was not capable of doing, which put him in bad positions. And then he also just did stupid shit. I can't explain that. I don't know why he was doing all that, but you know, so we'll see if AG can sort of you know, channel the animal. Can he get him to do that?
Speaker 6: That is a great way of putting it, you know, channel the animal, you know, just just put the blinders on and say.
Speaker 5: Hey, I need you to go do this.
Speaker 6: And you know what, JJ being back, he's not going to be playing near as many snaps as he did last year. Who's there, Michael Clemmons?
Speaker 1: Oh right, I see what you're saying, right, Because obviously Jamie went out, we to someone had to overcompensate. Michael overcompensates, right, that's true.
Speaker 5: Right, So we won't see as much of him.
Speaker 6: So you know, my guess is that because we'll see a little bit less of him, he'll be able to excel more. They'll be able to focus more on his twenty plays a game quantity instead of instead of his forty because he's playing forty plays a game, and you know, out of those forty, you know he's going to have six, you know, five or six just what.
Speaker 5: The what the hell plays?
Speaker 6: You know, if you can eliminate that, give him just twenty and get him to focus, if you can get him to focus for twenty plays and excel in twenty plays. And so I don't I'm not I'm not ready to get rid of Clemons yet. I think he's going to make a solid rotational player.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not a good starter. I don't think he should be a good starter. He's not smart enough to be a good starter, right.
Speaker 1: I would be based on the roster's control. Right now, If Michael Lemits doesn't make the team, that's a shock to me, not because of what everyone says. Look at the rest of it. Who who is taking his job?
Speaker 11: Who? Who?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 1: Who is it? I look at this roster, I just did a fifty three minus roster production. We're literally looked at every player in the roster. I'm like, there's no one here that's taking Michael Lummon's job. But that's why we play the games. It's football. We'll see maybe someone's going to do something. I'm not anticipating, but you know, as a current w he's constructed. Michael Lummon's making this roster and Jet fans into you're happy about it, but for others, well, you're gonna have to get used to it unless something else happens, a new addition happens, something crazy happens. He's going to be on this roster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think that. You know, like you said, there's nobody to replace him.
Speaker 6: And if you can get twenty twenty five good snaps out of a guy like that, you know, I don't want hem playing forty forty to fifty snaps a game, and he proved he can't do that. But you know, every player can grow, and especially with a new opportunity. You know, we're this team is this team is so full of question marks. I wish I wish the season would just start so we could actually talk about some tangible some tangible stuff about the Jets. I mean, we got the camp coming up, and we'll be able to talk a little bit about right once we get the season going. At least we can here. There's no more ifs, well what if we do this or what? You know, it's well, this is what happened, you know, and and and you know when we when we beat the Steelers, and I want you to you know, when we beat the Steelers and then we go into the Buffalo. We always played Buffalo really well early in the season we have, so I want you to think, can you imagine this. Let's just say we steal that game in Buffalo, right, we're just stealing, right, but Buffalo ends up having his their normal you know, thirteen win season by the time Week seventeen rules around a week eighteen. I shouldn't say, right, yeah, week eighteen. Yeah, and we're playing Buffalo. Let's say they have their playoff spot locked in and they're gonna sit there and rest starters. They can lose that game too, and we could actually end up sweeping Buffalo by accident.
Speaker 1: Hey, that would be one. I don't give a ship how we do it. That'd be wonderful. Give me the brooms, baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And so you know it's it's uh, get used to get used to this, this this regime, getting us ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah and go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So that's where that's where I'm at this that's where I'm at this year. I'm actually more excited this year than I was last year.
Speaker 1: That's impressive.
Speaker 6: I'm not now the year before when when when Aaron Rodgers came here, you know, it comes running out, come comes running out on the field and you know, you got the American flag going and you got you know, uh and four plays later, we're all sitting here picking our jaws up off the ground. Going was the most jet thing we could actually possibly happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So but you know, I'm excited for all the because all the IFFs are positive things, right, yes, you know, And so I'm excited to see this. I like to see place that I like to see these young kids, you know, excel and and that's part of the coaching in me is is I love watching I love watching these these kids excel at any age. And we have so many young kids that are just dying to be great, and you put them all together and if this team just happens to uh click all at one time. I know it's not the normal Jet thing to do because we've just never had at it. But this is homegrown talent. This isn't talent that we've just bought off the street to try to get these guys, these these guys, including Breece. People were talking about getting rid of Breece. I'm sorry, but JJ, Brees, Garrett and Sauce, those guys are forever.
Speaker 1: That'd be one of those guys.
Speaker 6: Those guys are you know, those guys are are If Briesce, if Priest has a great year and we signed him for another two three yeard at.
Speaker 5: That, yeah, you can't be mad at that.
Speaker 6: This is a core that that I don't recall the Jets ever having in the history of that I've ever been a fan of, you know, in forty plus years.
Speaker 1: It feels that way. Indy. I would even say maybe the two thousand draft right where he had Chad Sean Ellis, John Abraham and Anthony Beck. But like even then, obviously their shelf life together was encapsulated. We'll see if this one's different, right, what happens to Breece, what happens to Jermaine there's a lot more questions than answers from that perspective. But there we go. The Michael Clements stock up, Brandy Jets a couple extra minutes there before we get off. Appreciate it again, guys, check out the Randy Lang interview, the Bancho show, Boy Green Digital and I already put it down there. The full article to the fifty three man roster prediction breakdown has already in there. We're also making the pinned comment on YouTube you're watching this after the fact. Thank you so much for joining us. More content coming on the channel, baby, stay tuned here on YouTube dot com. Slash Boy Green Chu five take everybody enjoy training Camp