Speaker 1: The paranormal UFOs, Monsters, Mysteries that you're listening to Talking Weird and know from a Kevin deep in the northwards your host, Doctor Dean Bertram.
Speaker 2: Oh, greetings, or my fellow widows and widows, welcome to Talking Weird on the un Told Radio Network. Happy New Year. I'm grateful that you're all here again tonight. I hope you had a wonderful New Year and Christmas period. I'm delighted because I've got my old co host of Mysterious Library with me and one of my best friends in this wonderful country, Manley Jason McLean.
Speaker 3: Greetings and salutations, Weirdians. Uh yeah, we're not gonna do introduction for me today. We all we're all family here, you know me, I know you. You know, we're we're all friends here. So we're just gonna kick this shindn't dig off.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, sounds good.
Speaker 3: With my over abundance of beard, I'm I'm growing it out for a little bit, so I have I can you know, I was just telling Dean, so I can trim it up here in a little bit. I got a project that I'll be on that we can when there's spoken of yeah, well there's more to be spoken of. I'll speak of it. So my my Santa Claus look will not be lasting too too long.
Speaker 1: I thought it.
Speaker 2: I thought you've just grown it out for your side Giga sand or the local more holidays.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly too busy at your normal job to do that. Man. So okay, funny story, I funny story, and this is one true. My wife knows a man who is a professional year around Santa Claus, and she did work with his family and his website and the home. Dude has a Santa's workshop that he that he keeps on his property. He gets moved, you know, when it's time to go out and do the Santa Claus thing. Dude looks like Santa Claus. His car is done up with Santa on it. Dude is a The dude looks like Santa Claus like he came out of a Coca Cola ad from the thirties. It's nuts wow m hm.
Speaker 2: So before we get into the weed and he and he tells about Christmas on New Year that McLean residents. She would like to share with us any Jason misadventures over the.
Speaker 3: Holidays, Actually, no misadventures. This year is quite quite calm, quite chill, you know, very RESTful. That's good, you know, I mean there was there was a family in Caso. It doesn't get better than that. That's yeah, that's perfect. We've got a lot of snow here in the north Woods. So we've had a very white Christmas in New Year's period.
Speaker 2: Literally at the moment, there are icicles hanging around all my warnings outside, it looks like something out of a out of a holiday Christmas.
Speaker 3: We've been much warmer than usual, Like we've gotten believed that at night a couple of times, like I've got the things on my on my outside water hose attachments. But it's like I feel like I could have kept I could have kept everything, all my hoses connected so I could keep watering my plants because like it was in the we've been in the seventies and eighties. Last couple of days. Now, yeah, it doesn't usually Again, a white Christmas is almost Yeah, it happens from time to time. It's not unheard of, but it is infrequent. Usually our really cold stuff happens in January. But yeah, it's been really warm this year. So yeah, that's probably the weirdest thing.
Speaker 2: My brother's in Houston. He said they had a heat wave down there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's Houston, and we don't know. As Texans, we are specificly as a Dallas site, I am genetically required to dislike Ustonians.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's interesting. I know about the rivalry there. I did see last night. Their fireworks in Dallas are pretty impressive. I don't always watch fireworks around the world, but after the countdown and everything, I think we because I had a very quiet New Year's Eve this year. I just had my mother's visiting from the holidays for the holidays that anybody who was watching talking weird last week, we'll see where she guested with me, so it was just my mother and my and my daughter. My girlfriend was with her own children last night and the weather was too terrible to drive to drive here anyway. She's like, she's a good hour or more away, and in this Northwoods at some area it's crave. The roads get like diabolical. You don't want to go. But no, it was a lovely holidays. I don't think anything super weird happened here over the holidays. I've heard a lot of ours, which always creep my daughter out. These days which I've talked about. It's a very hourly season for so I've never heard so many hours in the whatever. This year, they have been out of control. And they do say the owls are not what they say, so maybe that indicate something weird going on. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean that's owls are I'll say it this way. I have no problem with owls, but I've had enough reports enough people where owls are doing weird things. I always give him an extra little, you know, little extra observation from time, because yeah, there's a lot of weird stuff that happens with them, particularly at night. And you know, one report I have, I will keep some things vague, and I've had several other reports like this. Of this one particular account, again, I gotta keep a little vague. Dude was asleep, right, so we'll keep it at that. He was asleep, but he had this weird dream where he was being watched by this he called it a hag and this tree that was just outside of his of his home, and like so he has the stream where he's in the chair that he fell asleep in, but he's in his room and the window, you know, the like so it's everything is as it had been set up when he fell asleep, and he's in his room and he sees this old hag on this tree branch staring at him, just staring at him, and he's like, what is going on because he's in his in his head, he's like, this is weird. Like it like he could see the hag, but it like the feeling he got was he wasn't supposed to see her. And then he hears this voice from behind him, in what he believes to be an angel, said am and it's he wasn't even talking to the eyewitness. He was talking to the hag. He goes, you realize he can see you, right, And then he wakes up. And as soon as he wakes up, he looks he looks out the window and there's an owl that is staring right at him and flies off.
Speaker 2: So that's super weird. I was trying to look for an illustration I think as an illustration of a like a strg Oya or the Undead, which is oursc or hag Esk as well. But certainly I mean like there's a book The Messagers by Mike Clelland which deals with these kind of things. If I recall that's the title of the book. Certainly, throughout the history of the occult, the owls known as some type of you know, wiser thing, and the history of abduction law, owls are often, you know involved, there's people perceive things they think are ours and are meant to actually be something else. So yeah, an our is you know, it's certainly certainly a symbol of something. I remember speaking of ols and pop culture and weirdness. I remember one of my favorite shows of all time, Millennium. In the second season of that show, which starred Lance Henrickson, was originated by Chris Carter. I love it's one of my favorite television shows of all time. The second season of that show might be the greatest season of network television ever. It's so good Fox or whatever it was on any television ever. But there are two groups. The Millennium group meant they're meant to try to be stopping, you know, or fighting the horrors of the millennium because this was made before nineteen ninety nine, where everybody was still in the world man then, so it was very well timed. But one of the groups was called the Owls, and the owls thought that we actually had longer that it was the middle of the night. Well, the roosters, the other group were like, you know, alarmists, They thought the millennium was about to take place. So even in pop culture, the owl becomes a signifier of a secret society or other things, something mysterious about that bird.
Speaker 3: Well you got the cord of owls and batman lore, and Lilith is literally a screech out like it's Lilith is an owl. The that's not just that's not just a biblical concept. That is a Mesopotamian concept right in Nana is believed to have had at least some influence on on on Lilith, but she's often depicted as having owl like specifically owl like features, with owls being familiar to hers. So yeah, there's a very very long long tradition of owls and similar and again similar night creatures because when you get into like the Philippines, right, Indonesia where they don't have a lot of owls, but they have very large bats.
Speaker 2: Like in Australia we do as well. Oh yeah, what's from Minnostia. Yeah, absolutely, things which are denizens of the night, you know, the creatures of the nightwak music, you know they make anything which is nocturnal is perhaps it goes back to when we're around the campfires of you know, hiding in our little mud huts or whatever. The thing's moving and you know, lurking outside things that can see in the dark and we can't see them, that there is something innately, regardless of the supernatural paranormal realities of the connections of these creatures with those things, just the fact that there's things out there which are prowling around when we can't see them, it's scary.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. And again, there's definitely a and we've talked about this a lot, right, that a lot of this does see a lot of supernatural manifestation seems to use the medium of cultural concepts and contexts to to communicate with us and to interact with us. And yet while that is one hundred percent true, there are themes that seem to transcend culture to a degree, right, it seemed to be some degree of cultural universal you know the wild man mythos where you have a humanoid figure that is also part uh usually it's a goat, but I mean that's probably the most traditional version. But you know, bowl legs again digitrade hoofed legs is the best way to look at it. And horns or antlers, that's pretty universal. As are going back to the idea that the idea of owls very specifically being connected to these and it's and it's really weird because it's almost always goddess or witch connections rather than because some of these things, some of the you know, some symbols sort of jump around as to who has them and what they're doing. But owls are almost very very universal, except for again, except for those areas where there aren't owls and bats take that place, so it's all and again even then it's witches that they're connected to and goddesses even in Indonesia, so in the Philippines. So it's yeah, it's just one of those weird things that it's It does seem culturally derived and yet maybe larger than culture itself, so who knows.
Speaker 2: Certainly, Minerva, you know, of the Greek Roman tradition, was associated with an owl and owl with her symbol, and of course we and the antler thing. It's interesting because that almost that always becomes masculine, the antlered thing, like it's the the horned man, for example, is the equivalent of the goddess in those supposedly in those older you know, pre Christian traditions, you know of the Europe. But we could talk about this stuff as you and I could go down the road holes focal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is all. Yeah, this is the entire night. We need to do that Van. This is just the vamp. We haven't even kicked off the.
Speaker 2: No, we haven't even kicked whip. It's certainly the the certainly the weird though. But to jump more to perhaps the more recent past twenty twenty five, which is what I promised our audience, who would talk about tonight. We've got all kinds of wonderful people who take my girlfriends there. Hey, Sam Horace is here and mentioned that if if the year opens with Danan Chason, it's already a year of weirdness. It has to be true, Ken Morock, all kinds of wonderful regulars. What were your what do you think the highlights not necessarily your personal highlights, but what were the highlights of the weed do you think what were the things which were significant in twenty twenty five in the broader forty and weed space.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I really I was thinking about this, you know, for you know, the last week while we were talking about this. Really I think that there's two major highlights, right and sort of the same thing with the passing is like there's a lot of people who've passed, there's a lot of you know, news that both sections seem to have like two highlights or two issues of real broader prominence. And I think the first one because the second one is definitely gonna take up the rest of the episode. The first one is Katie Elizabeth. Uh has had a really really big year with again material from twenty twenty four, but it came to prominence in twenty twenty five. If you don't know who Katy Elizabeth is, she's a zoologist who focuses on lake monsters, specifically Lake Champlain, but she's recently been out to lock Nest. It's some really great work out there. She's one of the researchers who has gathered multiple accounts or not just accounts, but actually made the recordings. And there's been other evidence, but specifically of echolocation in lank Champlain, which is a freshwater lake. Nothing in that lake is supposed to echo locate, and yet we have multiple confirmed recordings that have been tested by numerous labs, and it's not supposed and it's clearly not supposed to be there. It's echolocation. To this point, the only creatures we know that echo locate are essentially I mean, there are some fish that will do it, but again nothing in water and freshwater specifically. But you're usually talking about things like porpoises or whales, and they're not supposed to be there, right, So whatever's doing the echo locating in lank Champlain ain't supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's certainly weird. I'm again if I've told you in the audience many times, cryptozoology is in my wheelhouse. But I've always been fascinated as a child, and lake monsters are one of the things I've been most fascinated with. Lake monsters and sea serpents. There's something very i don't know, primal, or there's something very mysterious again, like we were talking about night before. But the water is something which is a place which we're not really designed to spend time in as opposed to the creatures that might live in there. So there's an extra scare or an extra perhaps psychological predisposition to think something in the water might be alien or foreign or threatening to us. And certainly, certainly, I often think of all the cryptozoological stories out there, of all the things, if there are physical creatures that are well and truly, you know, not just an undiscovered fish or something, but something like you know, a sea burnt or you know a really plessia saw, or an undiscovered, very strange, larger creature. I think the waters are probably where they would be, maybe more likely the sea than interior lakes. But some of these lakes have supposedly entry ways to you know, to like Lockness I think is meant to be accessible what used to be. I think there are dams and things there now, but it used to be accessible I think to the North Sea or wherever somewhere there right via river.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the river nests actually does go out to the ocean, uh and the and they've actually been so funny story about that. And we'll come back to Keeler's but although she's she was literally just in Scotland doing what I saw. Yeah, yeah, so it absolutely connects. So really, the modern sightings of NeSSI don't occur until that, until that causeway is actually built allowing larger boats access to lockness from the sea. So, yes, the river nest has always existed and it's technically always had access to the ocean and how the salmon get in. But there's several areas of the river nest where it's very shallow, very very shallow. But once that this sort of you know, causeway was built so ships can come in and out, much larger ships. It's after that that we get the sort of modern lockedness sightings. So it's a kid. Garrett has speculated that it may be while there's accounts of weirdness in the lock going back, the fact that it doesn't that we don't really have a lot of modern settings until that causeway is built is very very telling that this may be something that's actually coming and going out of the lock. So and yeah, again, Lake Champlain freshwater lake odds are it's probably not connected to the ocean somewhere that we are aware of, but it is very deep, it's very very large. The simple fact of the matter is, I'm with you that again. My favorite stuff, even though you know what I saw was air was airborne. I'm a big fan of water monsters, I really am. My favorite CRYPTI is is Champ not Champ Caddy. Sorry, I was just I had Champ on the mind because it's like Champlain Caddy the cad Borsaurus, right, That's my favorite thing, And what I find really interesting about what Again, Katy Elizabeth has probably one of the best years of any cryptis who all just this year, and one of the things I find very very intriguing about her work in research is that if it is echolocation that we're hearing, right, Jen, and that's what it's you know again, it sounds like echo location. But until we have the creature, we kind of, you know, we can actually observe it. We don't know that's what it's doing precisely, though it's a solid theory. It actually suggests that what we're looking for is mammalian and that matches very neatly with the cad or a source which is been reported by some to have essentially a main on the back of its head, and people talking about having that sort of a horse like head. I think as Zulidan fits or something. Xulodan is a classic name for a Basillosaurus. I prefer ulidan. I just I think it sounds cooler than the best than a basillo. Source. But those are ancient whales, they don't, you know. They depending on how they're rendered, they would look like a very very aggressive maybe beluga whale, right, both the more narrow face, but something of that nature, not necessarily of that exact genus, but something more in say the porpoise family, you know, or that we would that's how we would see them, just maybe something a little bit older, something a little less adapted to the modern world, which is why the population is so low. I think that's very concept.
Speaker 2: I think Ry mackell suggested way back in the day in his luck Miss book that it was could be some type of unknown or large as seal variant, like it might be something like that. Yes, I think it was something for so that would go with the mammal position you were talking about before as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, seal sort of these massive seals have been theorized for since like the eighteen hundreds. Actually I just forgot the name. There's one, oh man, I cannot remember the name of it. But he had actually, yeah, there were claims to have seen something that he claimed that he thought was a giant seal. So that's very much on the table as well. Since we don't know, we don't know of seals echo locating though, that's why I'm I'm not opposed to it in any stretch of the imagination. But since we have this, it's like, you know that it fits, since we since we see such a variety in porpoise physiology, I wouldn't be surprised or something like Azulugan still being around our Basilla's horse, but something of that family. It's some sort of an ancient whale that we know echo locates and can take on different body shapes, and we have fossil evidence of them having sharp teeth and longer faces. It seems like a can fit. But again, until we got a body right, we don't know. Horse had a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was kind to throw it up for you. There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I actually in my in my book talked to you know, I actually got a chance to talk to the interview the gentleman who headed up the e DNA search at Luckness. H e DNA is a really fascinating thing. And what's interesting is theoretically you can get a really really good look at the biodiversity of any you know, really anywhere, but specifically water right any you know, lakes and things like that, you can get a really good chance. I'm not convinced that if the population is all enough that can still go undetected, Like you kind of still have to get lucky right to get that DNA. So if the population is small enough or transitory, like we were talking about with lockness, if it's coming in and out and it's not there all the time again, then you're you're probably not going to get those that DNA. Additionally, the real sort of asterisk that needs to be mentioned with the DNA, the DNA kind of has to already be on record, Like we It's like drugs, right, if you test somebody, you can only test them for the drugs you know exist, and so if you don't, if you have if they've taken a drug that you don't know exists, you can't test for it. It's kind of in the same thing. We kind of have this idea that if we that you'll run all the DNA's like, hey, here's DNA we don't recognize. That's not really the case. You kind of have to have something to bounce it off of. And if the DNA is close enough to something that you would recognize, like my question would was the idea of giant eels.
Speaker 2: That was what the New Zealand academic team is several years ago, and it made the news. It was a very front page story because supposedly they found a lot of eel DNA in the walk. So the theory was perhaps the Lockness monster is a large eel because supposedly eels that live for a very long time, you're almost like reptilian in the sense that they can keep growing, like if the crocodile. If the crocodile lives for one hundred years, it's going to be a ridiculously massive size. And supposedly eels are like that as well. They can just keep growing and growing and growing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the European eel can get very very large. And if there's a species of eel that we're unfamiliar with and we haven't cataloged, it would just it would just tag as eel DNA. So it wouldn't that we wouldn't say. In fact, that's my questions, like if there were some unknown species of eel or you know, had a very low population or some sort of weird mutation, would we see that. He's like, no, we wouldn't. It would just come back as eel DNA, so it wouldn't necessarily come back as something saying, hey, it's unknown. So I'm a huge fan of this technology. The problem is we just need to understand limitations, and it's only going to get better as we go, right, Like, that's the other thing we need to remember. This stuff is going to keep getting better over the next ten to twenty years. And so I think we're on this. We really are, and we'll talk about this when we talk about what we expect for twenty twenty six. I doen'tinely think we're on the edge of this precipice where we're going to start getting more information than we've ever had before from stuff that we haven't because we just haven't had the technology to even see it. So yeah, I'm very optimistic about that.
Speaker 2: Your faith and optimism, Jason, never surprises me. We have some other questions for you, and or I be off triveing to you first. That's Kite You Ninja asked too, And I'll ask them both in quick succession because the first one should be relatively quick to answer. Kid You Ninja or eighty five asked, are you aware of any recent lockness? Monster sietings and these. Other question was, does it surprise you that bodies of lake monsters and sea serpents showing up on shores? Yes, I know they're a recent luck ness sighting. Is any saw an article the other day. I think it's actually a registry online where people can log them and you can go and read them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe. Yeah, I've been a little out of look because I've been busy with what I've been working on. But yeah, I've heard of a couple of sightings. But like you said, there is a registry for it, so you can actually just go and look it up. As far as the question of bodies not showing up, so here's the thing. There are there have been accounts of of anomalous bodies washing I'm sure briefly on ocean beaches, but obviously they're deteriorated a lot. There's there have been accounts of these things. However, what we have to remember is that when you're in the ocean, you're in the food. You're in the food chain, right. I mean, do whale carcasses show up on shore, yes, but usually they've beached themselves while they were live. Right, It's very very rare. Than a dead way washes up. Usually it's been beached and dies. And think about like, I've got a pond next to my house, right, I have seen one or two things that died naturally and sort of wound up in the shallows. When things die in the water, they are consumed and usually like whales, their bodies just sink to the bottom and they keep the crabs very happy for a very long time because it's so cold down there that actually preserves the bodies they're eating like forever. So a lot again, a lot of this is like you know, why don't we find bodies of Bigfoot. Well, if you don't come across them in like the first couple of days, that body's gone in a week, right, nature will consume it. So it's not really that shocking that we don't have sea monster bodies washing up all the time. But they have. Again, there have been accounts of this happening. So yeah, you take it, you take it with the you take it with what you got.
Speaker 2: I remember I seem to recall a very famous tale. All of these are that, like you know, they're like fairy faith. Though somebody has the evidence and then has to discard it or it turns to dust. I remember, I think it was. It was even in one of my monster books when I was a kid. Monster books, I mean like cryptod books, although they weren't called cryptids and they were just called monsters. I think there was a story of a Japanese fishing crew or something essentially dragging out a plesiosaw and then it was smelt so bad or something the captain made it that they threw it overboard. But there's always those tales of the evidence was almost in our hands, and every single thing in Fortyana has that almost had the proof, you know, whether it's the mythical crash of roswell material, or whether it's you know, a bigfoot body you know that's a hunter shot and then buried, or whether it's a plesiosaul you nobody pulled out of pulled out of the sea and then throwing over aboard again because it smelt so much. It's always we've almost got that evidence that it's like in a fairy tale when they come home and that you know, the they call fairy land has turned to dust in their pockets, so it's all turned into leaves in their pockets. It's just I think it's part of the part of the pattern of the phenomenon.
Speaker 1: We had.
Speaker 2: Oh, my wonderful girlfriend Samantha just just mentioned that that I don't know if you recall, but when we met you at the for Flesh for the first time, I've obviously only for years, but when we went to Crossing Realms conference in Missouri, my girlfriend and I were you guys kindly invited me into show the Shaver mystery and speak. You did a wonderful drawing because you're a very talented artist. For those who don't know, if I think of Sam's son pitching in baseball, it was like, you know, a cartoon kind of thing, and she just wanted to say how much, how much he appreciated and how he loves that picture that you did for him, So thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad he I'm really glad he likes it. And that's you know, that's that's my favorite thing about doing live drawings and sketches is you know, giving people something that they want you will you aren't going to get anywhere else, and it's my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Now, he just quickly before we jump back into our chat, we have the wonderful squatch Mama says regarding you know, I asked people to chip in and say it, or chime in and say what they thought was, you know, the most interesting things in twenty twenty five Squatch Mama says most exciting twenty twenty five Cascade Range incidents. Within forty eight hours, researchers documented forty plus footprints, thermal footage from two separate teams, strange vocalizations, and consistent eyewitness reports. Now you might know something about that, Jason's again the neadfoot world. It's a little more outside of my wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I've heard a lot about it, and again unfortunately been very very busy, so I haven't had a chance to be as familiar with it as I would like. There's a lot there, and I think we are finally at a point in this realm where we can start doing really good metadata analysis and so that that is I think going to be a huge that again, because we have two separate teams working, the data that's been collected is going to allow us to kind of take that bigger step back and actually start cruss referencing material on again a metadata level, which I think is actually going to reveal a lot more than we've been able again. This is part of my optimism. I think we are finally to a point where we can start seeing a lot more of what's really going on, rather than where we've been over the last sixty years, where it is kind of disjointed. Here's this thing over here, here's this thing over here, and everyone's sort of doing their own thing. As we've been growing as a science, right that essentially we've come to that point where people are in there doing better, more sophisticated, more systematized scientific efforts, and I think it's allowing us finally to start taking a metadata analysis level, which is really going to allow us to start seeing patterns and behaviors and evidence in ways that we haven't been able to see it before. I think it's going to move everything forward. So yes, that's actually one of the I would say, just the highlight of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: You and Horrace and your science and evidence never alone, I should just say quickly because it was in the show notes, but we didn't say it on the show. If anybody does have a highlight of the weird, the forty and the cryptozoological, the euthological, the specter hunting world, please feel free to share it in the chat and we will put it on screen. Or if you have any which we're going to get into in a little bit, if you have any predictions for where you think twenty twenty six is going, or have you seen any trends or anything you expect to see in the broader world of forty on, please let us know, and Jason and I will at least share it. We might even chat about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think really though, this year for twenty twenty five, I think we kind of have to say the star was the congressional hearings.
Speaker 2: On UAP's second year of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, it was the second year, and I would suggest this year was bigger than the first because I think there were things that were said in twenty twenty five that built on what happened in twenty four but were I think more explosive but much more quiet in a way. Right, And we talked about when it happened, right, there is this consistent use of interdimensionality, right that it was like this, these it's kind of hard to say fringe in the in the UFO community, but concepts of high strangeness of interdimensionality. These were fringe topics amongst ufologists. Even a few years ago, Moufon basically had a you know, it was nuts and bolts all the way over the last couple of years that I mean, really what just before we had to shut down Mysterious Library, that's where that's the first time I had seen in the documentary that Moufon had sort of changed its position a little bit on elements of ice strangers, and we both thought that was weird. And now here we have again twenty five, Autopoli and Luna come up and start talking about interdimensionality with these crafts and the phenomena itself. Multiple times during twenty twenty five in these hearings that took a very prominent role in I was shocked by how much they're they're leaning into this idea of they're not from They're not just not from here, they're not from our realm of existence, and the phenomena is different.
Speaker 2: It's become it's become the main talking point of the people who are at the forefront of the disclosure movement. It hasn't become, I don't think a main pointing talk in the broader press yet, but if you're paying attention the mainstream media journalists, talking head pundits who've been at the front of this, whether it's a Tucker Carlson or a Leslie Kane, or whether it's Chaneau whistleblowers, or whether it's Chaneau Foundation founders like you know, Tom DeLong, after the Stars Academy. The list goes on and on and on, help poots off. All of these people are pushing that ultraterrestrial, antidimensional spiritual They they all use slightly different language, but what they're all essentially saying is whatever this modern human intelligence is, it's not extraterrestrial. It's something fast, stranger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that again, I think that's one of the that's one of things that really took me aback with all of this, because again I've ran eschatology and things like that for years, and I do think this plays a you know, ufology plays a big role. I but if you'd asked me even three or four years ago, I would have said they're gonna it's gonna be about physical craft and physical people walking around that kind of thing. Now I'm not. I think it's I think they're gonna lean very heavily into interdimensionality. I I'm shocked by how quickly they've spun on their heels and went from nuts and bolts to this other stranger, you know, existence sort of thing happening. So yeah, I'm that I have. That was one of the things that really shocked me about about the hearings is how profoundly they're leaning into it. But again it's still quiet. Like you said, it's not amongst the normies, right, they're not really talking, but it's I've had people who have no interest in any of this asked me what the heck is an is this interdimensional thing that they're talking abo like while it is, you know, again the normies isren't really talking about it. It's there and people are hearing it. But for people in the know, right, people who are here, the fact that I'm hearing this on c SPAN freaks me out to no ends. I'm like, this is this is weird. Like it went from nuts and bolts to things walking through walls overnight and that, and again the I kind of have a feeling this is the way it was going to go. When they changed the UAP, right, instead of Unidentified flying object to Unidentified aerial phenomena, I thought that was sort of a giveaway too. It's like, hey, that they're telling you this is something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could see you could see it slowly being interjected into the conversation where the normies might get turned onto it is. I have no idea yet what Spielberg's Disclosure Day is actually going to contain, but I have certainly heard people analyze that trailer, including people I respect in the forte in world, suggest that it might he might be pointing at something other than extraterrestrial. Now, of course, the great disappointment of closing Counters of the Third Kind, which is probably still the greatest movie ever made about about extraterrestrial visitation and contact or alien or UFO visitation and contact, is that the ending had to be so literalized and disney afired, while the rest of the movie coined or those elements of high strangeness and weirdness where you weren't sure what it was yet, which is kind of this space where we're trapped in this kind of liminal space where we don't know the answers. Spielberg, whether just for narrative reasons or for his own belief system, felt the incredible urge to literalize it at the end and have these you know, nuts and bolt spacecraft come down with these you know, childlike extraterrestrials inside, which of course upset Jacques Valet immensely at the time because Vlat and Heineck were both were both I suppose feeding or they were both consultants for close Encounters, and the lay obviously, particularly then, even more so maybe than now was even was much more hostile or much less or much more suspicious of a nuts and Bolts interpretation, and he didn't like that Spielberg ended the movie that way. And to be honest, it is now as much fun as it is when the Disney type of you know, when you Wish upon a Star tune is playing and the music John william Score, you know, raises and we all get excited, and you know, it's just a powerful, you know, motion picture moment. The reality is that movie is so much stronger up until that final final act reveal of what's going on. If they could have I would love the movie. I do love it, but I'd love it much more evid it stayed weirder, perhaps perhaps disclosure Day's Spielberg's film coming out? I think is it later this year at the end of this year. I think, is it set for December of this year or something?
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I can't remember. Maybe it's this summer.
Speaker 2: It's a ways off anywhere, at least I'm guessing six months from it. But perhaps that will do that normally convergence. Maybe if all of a sudden the Spielberg movie suggests that this is something beyond the extraterrestrial, then the same way Close Encounters of the Third Kind injected all these ideas of the whole I mean the whole, the language which Heine could had for Close Encounters of the First Guy and the second kind of the third Kind that was injected into the public consciousness overnight by Spielberg's movie. So perhaps Disclosure Day will do the same thing if the revelation is, well, this is something more mysterious.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's what's going to happen, but that would certainly be your the normies on board now and understand the dialogue or you know, the conversation we've been having for the last seventy years in eupology.
Speaker 3: I think your suspicions may be very well born out because the thing I think you're forgetting is he had another crack at the Close Encounters of the Third Kind when he did Indiana Jones four. Right, the crystal skull, that's how it ends, right, it's very clearly a gray alien skull that's a crystal that wasn't cart and he put it on the on the body. You know, spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's it's not my favorite Indiana Johnes movie. But they put it on the on the head, or they put their head on the body, and they start moving around and they become they go back to life as these aliens. And the guy who's been a raving lunatic the entire movie because the crystal skull had power over he explains what it is. Now the trance has sort of taken off of him and he's back to his right mind. That the UFO that they're in they run out real quick. He's like, it doesn't it comes from someplace else. It's not just that it's from another planet. It's from place between worlds, is what he is literally what he says. So I think given that he was that he went that way the sort of the more ultraterrestrial interdimensional craft in Indiana Jones movie. I think you're probably gonna be I think it's going to be born out that the disclosure is probably going to go more towards the again, something that is different from the traditional you know, alien UFO movies of the you know, forty years ago.
Speaker 2: I think while we're on this, it's probably worth mentioning the incredibly successful documentary which came out a month or two ago here after playing at south By Southwest earlier in the year, and that's that's Age of Disclosure documentary by Dan farwre and executive produced by Luella Zondo of all people and a movie which really the level of the people in it, from Marco Rubio on you know, down through all the usual you know, government, usual suspects through in the UFO phenomenon euthologist to Luella Zondo himself. That movie was directed by Dan Farrer, who'd earlier produced another significant UFO documentary a number of years ago. But he also was a producer of Spielberg's Ready Player one, so he's obviously buddies with Spielberg. So it's introduced. It's interesting that it's almost like a one two punch that this year we get Age of disclosure from Spielberg's producer, and next year we get disclosure Day, like a year later from from Spielberg. I mean, this might be a level of paranoia or just me trying to overthink it, but it seems it seems to me that those guys must have had a conversation, given that they're both clearly really interested in the UFO phenomenon presenting it, you know, in one way or another on the silver screen, they must have talked about this. Was it just like, oh, funnily enough, I've got a movie coming up call, you know, disclosure Day. Well, that's weird, Steve, and I just make I'm just making age of disclosure. I just find that something bigger, potentially is going on behind the scenes. That doesn't mean it's notorious, that doesn't mean it's so. It could very well be, but there's some coordination here. It seems like to me.
Speaker 3: I would suggest there is. I mean, again, it's Stephen Spielberg, right, Like the dude is in he's in the know on a lot of stuff. And I don't mean that again, like you said, I don't mean that nefariously, like the like the government's taking them out and it's like here's the bodies in the in the fridge, right, like they didn't bring out an ice schooler, and like here it is making make et. What I mean is he's he is very much in the UFO community, and he's very well connected. He's he is a big fan of all of it. So I wouldn't be surprised that there is you know, back again, not not nefariously, but back room communication, and that they're talking about this and there is this coordination. I wouldn't be shocked at all to find that out. In fact, I would I would suggest it's almost one hundred percent. That's there is that they are coordinating to some to some degree, well, the late.
Speaker 2: Great and unfortunately we lost him a year or to ago. Robbie Graham, who wrote the book, I think it's silver screen sources or something. And other people as well have talked about the connection between various intelligence agencies and Hollywood. And we know that for a fact, regarding non UFO materials, like clearly in World War Two and you know, into the Cold War there were deals between studios and you know, and rightfully they probably should be. I mean, to a degree, you want to present America and its best during the Cold War and during World War Two. Obviously you want a degree of propaganda going on to ry, you know, get the people excited at home to fight the good fight. But there probably has been some degree of intelligence manipulation of the way that UFOs are presented on the screen. And there's all kinds of stories, I mean, there's all kinds of anecdotal stories about you know, documentarians being promised footage of you know, Eisenhower meeting you know Aliens a Holman Air Force Base and then it being pulled at the last minute, or that's a very common trope, the idea that we're about to give this production this footage and then it's pulled. These stories already a journalist or whatever go on again and again and again. The fact that Heinech was you know, consultant for close encounters of course, he was you know, the Air Force's major scientific officer, and the investigation of this over multiple projects, culminating in Project Bluebook, and that he also, I mean, there's a dark side potentially to Heinek. There's certainly been accusations and he was involved in psyops as well. Whether true or not, who knows, but he'd certainly been a great front man if you wanted to push this stuff or suggest Spielberg, how maybe we approach this. So these connections, they're undoubtedly there. Again Dan Fower's film Age of Disclosure, which is a fascinating documentary, but it's clearly pushing a certain line. Loue Elizondo, who's essentially the main interview subject of that movie, is also the executive producer of that movie, and Lo's clearly an insider who might or might not be intentionally leaking information or disinformation or depending on what your position is. So clearly there's we can see they're two very clear, genuine contacts from defense UFO insiders directly into Hollywood productions being made. I'm sure Day of Disclosure or Disclosure Day has people who are you know, pushing it in a certain direction, because you don't make a movie like that and you don't say, hey, you say who are we going to talk to? Who we're going to consult with, and then you'll get the people who will convey the message. I'm anyway, again a little paranoid, but maybe not. And so that's my suspicion is I don't think we're going to get disclosure in twenty twenty six, I'll say that now, but I think we're going to keep We're keeping, We're going to continue on the track that we've been on since twenty seventeen, which seems to be, if not accelerating the disclosure because I'm not somebody who thinks we're about to get disclosure, but still continuing in the direction that it's going. And with the new Spielberg movie, clearly even using the term disclosure, we're clearly getting a cultural push, a cultural excitement, you know, a cultural encouragement to look in that direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, I'm Nick Rudifer and I have had this disagreement for a long time. He was again, I don't know, I'm talking about it in a couple of years. I don't know if he's changed his opinion, but he one of the things we would disagree on is he would think that there's never going to be a disclosure. And again, disclosure meaning I think this is the problems everyone has sarved. Well, here's the file, and this is the truth about UFO's kind of thing. And I'm like, well, you're assuming they even know what the truth is about this stuff, right, But I figured I've always said that it would be dripped. It was going to be this slow disclosure, but disclosure not necessarily meaning the truth, disclosure meaning the story they want us to think. And it may be the story that they themselves believe. That's always on the that's always on the table. But it would be a slow walk. Has always been my opinion, right that this was always going to be they're slow walking us into a viewpoint that they want us to have. Now again, it may be the viewpoint that they themselves have or the other those within the government have maybe don't know, you know, there's no way for us to know. But it was going to be this very slow process of getting people used to certain concepts. I think the fact that again I still think that the fact they said UAP was the most telling thing ever as far as saying this is where we're going. They wanted us to start thinking about something else. And again, it maybe that there's multiple phenomena going on. That's kind of what they're talking about. Is there may be something even weirder out there than necessarily you know, we're thinking UFOs and little green men. It's like there could be in organics, the skyfish thing that we've talked about right, that there's other forms of life out there that may be part of all of this, and like, hey, we kind of need to tell you something, right, but we don't know. But I do think this is part of a very slow walk. I don't think anything as dramatic as a mile long spacecraft hanging out over New York is going to happen this year. But you know, you never know A bought a lottery ticket, and maybe you know you never know about these things.
Speaker 2: I think we will get crazy. I shouldn't say crazy because that means I'm dismissing it, but I'm meaning more extreme claims. I think what will happen is the same way we had Grush coming far and talking about you know, well that's over a year ago. Now that's twenty twenty four. But coming forward this supposedly you know, high end, you know, in the know whistle blower saying that where we have alien biologics, do you know what I mean? We definitely have crash sources. We've been retrieving them since the thirties. I mean, these were the type of this was a type of dialogue that you couldn't imagine happening in a congressional investigation even ten years ago, so I think we're going to keep having these kind of claims. I was watching only because I saw on my Facebook feed that had something about UFOs. I watched an episode of It was a free because I think it's normally behind the paywall, but there was a There was an episode of the Glen Beck Program where they were predicting what was coming in in twenty twenty six, and one of the things was UFO, so I thought I'll listened to it. They didn't talk about it even for that long, but one of one of the four or five people on the panel said their prediction for twenty twenty six was that an elected official somewhere is going to make the claim that they've actually had genuine community cation with a non human intelligence. Now I don't know if I'll go that far, but what I do agree with, I think we are seeing an acceleration of the type of claims being made by government officials or in front of the Congress, which were the type of claims that were only being made in fringe magazines and UFO books. We know ten, twenty, thirty, forty fifty, going back years ago, this isn't something that was talked about in government circles or something that was seriously talked about by writers for the New York Times or by people with the type of profile of Tucker Carlson. This was something which was very much on the fringes, maybe not saying well, are there flying sources, but actually saying, well, you know, there are entities who are evil, or there are alien you know, dead bodies or that stuff was always fringe stuff. Now it's like mainstream, yeah, conversation.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, and again you have again anapoline Luna on Joe Rogan talking about this in talking about interdimensionality. Right, yeah, this is again twenty seventeen. This was this pivot point, and it's become acceptable to talk about it again, even I mean really like you said ten years ago, even I mean very public like the Stephenville event, right, that happened here in Texas, that was taken kind of seriously, but at the same time not like even like there was a degree of serious tones taken, but at the same time you could see the news media it was like, yeah, but maybe it was just military stuff. And here's the military saying it's fine, and they were just running exercises and they left it alone, and all the rest of us were like, what are you talking about. You don't there is no military exercise where you break the sound barrier over a populated area. And how as it went from well it was like two planes to well we were doing war games and we just forgot to tell somebody like that doesn't work. So again it's been this was a very recent heel turn on how all this is addressed. And I think the second thing, you know, because I don't want to go too long, we got questions I'd like to look at. So they were great questions. I think the second thing that's really again very very quiet, but I think the most profound in those hearings was essentially all of these people almost unanimously saying the money that you as Congress are putting out are not is not going where you think it's going. I mean, the people you're trying to pay off aren't getting their cash because it's being stolen by essentially what is a secret government. In a way, they've been told, and we've been told very publicly by people who again are supposedly in the know, you don't have a government. That's what we've heard, Like Congress isn't really isn't capable of doing its job because these people that are again the aspect of ufologe of the you know government and UFO you know UAP stuff, they're taking your money and it's being allocated to something else entirely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something, It's something we've been warned about. I mean, Eisenhower warned about the realities that we are facing today. We're clearly non elected officials who are members of whether you want to call it the deep state, or whether you want to call it the military industrial complex or whatever you want to call it, there are people who are in positions of incredible power who, let's you say, there really is a UFO mystery that the US government understand. I myself, I'm not sure I actually believe that, but let's just say there really is, and somehow elements of the deep state be that, again, unelected bureaucrats be that, as is being suggested, more and more potentially corporations in the military industrial space that we offloaded or somehow acquired the Roswell material years ago, so they've been able to keep that outside of the public purview because it's locked in you know, private industries. Safebox somewhere. But regardless, I find it, I find it difficult to believe that, I mean, something like that isn't going on. But that doesn't Again, that doesn't mean necessarily that it's extraterrestrial, but it does as I think the point you're making is it definitely points Perhaps that's the value of all of this, forget the metaphysical value. Perhaps the value of all this investigation is that it points to the fact that there are people outside of what we consider a constitutional republic, getting incredible amounts of money and making incredible, you know, decisions regarding advanced technology, whether it's ours or somebody else's, or of planets or interdimensional and there's no way we can even get it. The fact, I mean, if it is true just for a moment, the fact that the Congress can't just open the door and see where it is, you know, I mean, that's not exactly what the founders had in mind when they were they put together this wonderful experiment new government. You know, they didn't ever imagine a time where the through via their elected officials, couldn't find that exactly what their text dollars were being spent on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and we've actually talked about this back in the Mysterious Library in days oh I forgot his name. You know how bad I am with names. The gentleman who claimed that he was in an underground base he lost some fingers and a fight. Bill Schneider, thank you, And there was something. There was several others who died around the same time, under again similarly weird circumstances. One was shot out. We had a weird shootout with police, and everyone's like, this feels weird. Bill Cooper, Bill Cooper, thank you. I would not be surprised if And again, the argument for why goes all the way back to the gentleman who designed the YouTube spy plane, the s R seventy one. It feels like people who are in the know, who are really looking at the ufology you know UFO stuff right, and are actually on the government side. It feels like a lot of the times they show up to talk about all of this stuff, and it almost feels like the UFO and alien material aspect of it is like a front because they always focus on your government is not is not your government anymore. They're they're all stressing this, Hey, the money isn't going where you think it's going you're being fleeced. The people who you think are in charge are not actually in charge. And there's this weird, thin veneer of of of high strangeness, almost like it's like they're trying to protect themselves saying I'm going to tell you the truth, but I got to put it to you in this way that allows me to say it again. The guy who I cannot remember his name off the top of my head, who who developed the s R. Seventy one Blackbird, who was the head of Skunk Works for.
Speaker 2: A long time, is it Ben Rich? Is that who it is?
Speaker 3: No, No, no, it's not him. Anyway, I'll think about it later. He claimed that he got his idea for the blended wing design from looking at UFOs right, and we've talked about forever that the Kenneth Arnold siding was actually probably experimental Nazi aircraft right captured during World War Two, and we got a lot of the material from there. And it was almost like he was using the UFO, this UFO sighting as a way of saying because he was by all accounts he was a really good guy. Yes, or seventy one is my favorite jet of all time. So I really love his work, and I've read a lot about him. Everyone says he was a great guy. I could see him saying, I can't say what this was, I can't release, you know, operation paper clip information. So I'm going to use the whole UFO thing as a way of saying, of admitting that I didn't come up with this technology right, as a just his way of clearing his conscious So I would not be surprised if, again, regardless of whatever the facts are truth about the up stuff is going on, there is this undercurrent It's been there for a very very long time of saying, guys, your government is not in control anymore. And all of these people that are like, there's it's all this stuff on the fringe. The money isn't going where you think it's going. They don't have control. And that is a very prominent but very quiet theme of all of these congressional hearings. So that's just more interesting.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. It's interesting somehow who that type of dialogue benefits. Does it maybe benefit us the you know, the US tax paying public maybe, or does it maybe cause more contention at home like this is a ridiculous idea, But it's not an impossible idea. Could these ideas be encouraged by foreign operators who would like the US public to doubt the veracity of their own government? Is there a benefit there or the other side, Is there a benefit of plays within the US governments to have to have foreign countries concerned that the US has far more than we can conceivably no hidden in there? You know, in these these back room deals, we better not you know, mess with them, because they got flying source of technology they're going to zappas with. I mean that the discussion might have more to do with whether things are alien or ultra terrestrial or anything else, which is obviously our focus because that's where that's where we know we reside in right the weird before there might be bigger things going on. So what was that I missed that?
Speaker 3: Look at the symbol, man, We're we're talking weird here. We're gonna here's the thing that's all of the above, like like you know, like maybe it's all of the above on this That's where things get very convoluted. But we can go on on this for an hour because we've done whole shows on it. Let's get to the questions before we before we bail on the beautiful.
Speaker 2: People sounds good. Did you have one you wanted to bring up? Your hit them?
Speaker 3: Well, I figured you'd hit them.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, well we have We have a question from Oh No, that was that was flat Rockland, I think talking about Llewellen's though, saying that he talks for hours but doesn't really say anything. We had a question from a Horrors which was directed at me, which was very nice, saying we're twenty twenty six seed the release of Dean's Palmer Shaver documentary. I think we'll see the completion of Dean's Shaver Palmer documentary Horror the Man who Invented Flying Sources, and hopefully it beginning to be submitted to festivals, but I don't think it will be in wide release this year. No, maybe you'll be able to catch it a festival in twenty twenty seven after it's submitted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be fun. I'm waiting for it. I still have to record my scenies.
Speaker 2: Yes, we still have to do stuff with you, Jason will which some of it we were meaning to do when we were in Missouri, but it was kind.
Speaker 3: Of hectic conference.
Speaker 2: So now were there other questions you wanted to hit that I missed.
Speaker 3: I'm just I still have access.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you must be the only guest on this program who still has the untold radio network in a backdoor key to get into all the into a little secret niches of the network. That's how much. That's much You're revered and trusted.
Speaker 3: Again. Flat Rockland says, maybe we'll get Legend Meet Science too. I very much hope to see that this year as well. That is as much as twenty twenty five has, I think really been the year of the UFO, just like twenty twenty four was. If the Legend Meet Science two comes out this year, and again, I don't have any more behind the scenes stuff than anybody else, right, I'm gonna ask. I've wanted to stay sort of out of the loop on it a little bit because I don't want I don't want it spoiled. I want to be surprised too. But I genuinely think from what has been publicly available that if it comes out this year, I think it will change the conversation in a lot of ways. I would like to think that my new project may change some conversations about that as well.
Speaker 2: How can you tell us a little bit about your new project, or is that totally hush hush.
Speaker 3: I can only say that I'm working on the project and it'll I don't know if I'll get it out this year. I would like for it to be out this year, but I can't promise it. But science, too, I think, is going to help move this conversation forward, and so I'm hoping that twenty twenty six is the year of changing not just bigfoot, but specifically changing conversations. I'll say it that way.
Speaker 2: Before we do go. I know you made a point of saying it, and I totally agree with you. We should talk about some of the people we lost in twenty twenty with including somebody who was a big part of legendmate science one.
Speaker 3: If I recall, right, yes, doctor Meldrum did pass this year. It's a huge blow. If you haven't read his paper, and this is for everyone, not just the you, the you, the beautiful people in the chat and watching on pre record later, if you have not read his paper on defining and sort of proving how the foot, how footways and trackways should be regarded as its own phenomenon, because that's until you have the body that goes into the footprints. It's only the footprints. He also has a great paper breaking down the Patterson Genland footage. I highly recommend it. It is very much worth your time, even if you're not necessarily a Bigfoot fan, although odds are if you're watching this channel you know, but even if you're not, it's worth reading the papers that he put out on Bigfoot because it's really good to see how I want people to start thinking about how to do the science aspect of this and how to think about things. This is I know we have this conflict here on science versus this, but I think beyond science, learning how to collect data, learning how to think about things and how to ask certain questions is valuable even in life. Right Oftentimes we do a lot of jumping to conclusions, We build parameters and paradigms within our own thinking, and we don't realize it. Again, one of the most I've said this a thousand times, and I probably will do an episode of I'm not doing a lot of serial paper stuff, but I do this one episode with this one e'misde I think it's something everyone should see. It's I think one of the most valuable exercises I ever did was an archaeology was called the Bottle Paper, and it was an entire freaking semester of how to describe a bottle. And I know that sounds insane. What we all know a bottle is stop to think about everything you call a bottle and then historically what's been called a bottle? And you tell me how you would describe that to people as different from any other container or a glass, or a cup or a jug, Like, what's what's the difference between a bottle and a jug? Reading his papers will help your research tremendously. So, Yeah, a giant was lost this year in the field and his his his passing is a hole in the in our little niche of the world. And I don't think that's a hole that will ever really be filled.
Speaker 2: No, I was. I mean again, I'm not a big foot guy, but I was always anybody who has even a vague interest was super aware that he was one of the maybe the heaviest hitter in the space, in the at least the scientific aspect of the space. Of course you mentioned before. I'm glad you did that. We also lost Dennis Stacy this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had to write I had to write down. So I didn't forget because he was a euthologist and author, right, I know you probably knew who he was. He was from Texas. That's why. First, Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. It's one of the big things that helped him stand out for me. But not only was the Texas journalist. He wrote about the marpl Lights, which is one of the things I really got to go see. But in nineteen ninety five he won the Donald Keyhole Journalism Award and he was the co founder of The Anomalist. Well, I mean he was a big I mean, yeah, Dennis Stacey was a big name.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He was like a Mufon di He was some high high hitter in Mufon for a while. I remember, I I don't know if I think it was in my library in Australia which I which I lost. But he wrote a fairly well regarded UFO book as well, which was kind of a history from nineteen forty seven and nineteen ninety seven, which he co wrote I think with Hillary Evans, which was fifty years of Flying. So I think UFO was ninety forty seven and ninety ninety seven, fifty years of Flying sources. So when I was doing my you know, my academic work, that was one of the books which was which was everywhere at the time, So yeah, he was. He was a significant contributor to the UFO space. So yeah, it's we lost another another important forty in there, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now on.
Speaker 3: The one question I wanted to this will just take a second and then we can wrap it up however you'd like. Since it is your show, though, you.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you want to address and we will address it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, people, just so you know how bad and how much control I have, I can do this. Oh you fool, you fools, you poor, poor fools. But yeah, no w u NMW Northwest Native tracker asked, how would you match behavior to crypto type? So sort of going the idea of the meta analysis that we're doing, you know, the materials and the money that's finally out there is allowing us to do stuff that we could do on a more uh And I did mention behavior on a meta on a meta analysis level, it's not so much necessarily that we can we could say one hundred percent this is bigfoot or this is whatever. But what we can do is we can start seeing patterns, ecologies, We can start associating better details, and that may actually allow us to see behavior. When are we seeing them during the day, Are we seeing them at night? Are we seeing them in the mornings and evenings? Where where are we seeing the activity? That kind of thing that will allow us to extra act data about behavior, and we can start seeing things that may be weird over here and say, well, maybe this behavior over here because we're not seeing it here here and here, this is an anomalous behavior. It may indicate that we're looking at something else. Not necessarily. Again, we've talked to forever. I think that the problem, one of the things that's held us back in particularly sasquatch research, is that we are throwing a lot of different material in the box. So if there is a you know, a physical, biological what I call it naturally occurring biological entity or nob running around, that's great. But if we're also calling a lot of stuff that isn't right there is maybe more fortean to use Deans parlance, then it's high. Then Essentially, what we've done is we've muddied the waters so much that we can't see it. But if we have the data, and we're just looking at data, not necessarily names that we can start seeing stuff that maybe doesn't fit other patterns, including behavior like when is it, when are we seeing it, where is it happening the environment that I think we could say, Okay, this is different from all of this, and so that will allow us to start asking I think better, more piercing questions that actually allows us to come to conclusions faster and get us down the road. I think we've been unfortunately, we've sort of been tripping over ourselves because we haven't really been doing things the right way, cataloging things correctly. We've been caught up in our own paradigms and being able to break that down and be more systematized. And I know people says, see, you're bagging on research. No, every science takes time to warm up and figure out what it's doing. Right. Archaeology, were there people doing archaeology before one hundred years ago? Absolutely, look at Heinrich Schleiman. But people who are archaeologists hate Heinrich Schleman because of the damage he did. But I'm like he was one of the first people doing you know, while there were archaeologists in the eighteen hundreds. It's really not until the twenties and thirties that archaeology is really systematized in a way that we can get much better, more productive data. That's where we are, where we've done We've done this research long enough that it's like, hey, we figure out how to do it better, and it's coming into its own. It's you know, we've had this teething process. Now we can we can get what I would say this is more productive data.
Speaker 2: So no, I see your point. I obviously completely disagree because I think all this is unknowable inherently. That's my my negative fourteen had going on. I will say that we were talking about Spielberg before we were talking about the ending of Close Encounters of the third kind, which has to literalize the phenomenon, like Hollywood almost always has to literalize the phenomenon because it's very difficult to tell a story cinematically or at least it's discouraged where you stay in the space of the fantastic. In other words, before we know whether it's genuinely marvelous like angels or aliens, or before we just find out it's a weird psychological condition. I it's the uncanny, so very few films stay in that fantastic space before we know what it is. I did again watch two of my favorite movies in the holidays, which I would encourage everybody to watch if they haven't watched them or watched them again. And that, of course is The Wonderful Mothman Prophecies, which I've heard some people in the fourte in world complain because it's not an exact adaptation of Kill's book. I do know John Keel liked it because I met Keil and spent a little bit of time with him. I know that he really did enjoy the film and captures the spirit of the book, if not the details, and it certainly captures Kiel's position that this stuff is you're not going to ever get to the bottom of it, and it's going to just mess with you. And the other movie I watched only for the second time the other night with my daughter again and she really loved it. She loved it the first time, and he watched over a year ago and she loved it again. And that's Nandor Fodor and the Talking Mongoose, which is about Jeff the Talking mongoos starring Simon Pegg is the famous, the famous, the famous I guess Psychic Investigator and and Or Photoor And it's an incredible movie. It's so, it's a wonderful it's I think I think it's free on Prime at the moment. Again, anyway, it's Nandor Fodoor on the talking mongoause it's amazing because again it's like, is it a hoax? Is there something else happening? Like you're stuck in this space of You're stuck in the space of the main protagonist, Nandor Fodor, who's incredibly frustrated and trying to work this out. And I think that's where every fourteen Investigator really is. Although many think they're going to get the secret, I think they're ultimately going to be like, you know, Nandor fod Or at the end of that movie. Still I won't don't want to spoil it, but you know, battling this uncertainty.
Speaker 3: So no, I will watch it this week and I hadn't. I don't think I've heard of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're going to love it. It's so good.
Speaker 3: One of those weird again pull you off topic, but on the topic of weird things you find on Amazon everyonce a while I just read the name of it. But it's about this artist. It's played by Benedict Kumberbach. It's about it's this weird, weird, sort of biopic about the dude who paints who painted cats in the eighteen hundreds. It is just look at Benning kambra Buck and it's an artist. The guy had schizophrenia that that got worse as time went on. But the paintings are and it's the story of him painting these paintings and his life and it's beautifully tragic and it's one of those things where it's weird, but it's a lot of fun is the wrong word. I really appreciate it from an artistic perspective as well, and sort of it's it's worth watching, that's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: What was the title? Can you remember the title?
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me see if I can find it, because it's he's painting like he's painting these these wild painting of cats the entire time moment and.
Speaker 2: Flat Rockland offered it Touist, Thank you, Flat The Electrical Life of Louis Wayne. Yes, that's it, thank you for Yeah, Lewis, how do you pronounce that?
Speaker 3: I think it's Louis, Yeah, Louis, Uh, maybe it's Lewis Wayne anyway, Yeah, the electrically, Yeah, put it up on there. Go watch this, Go watch the Mongoose movie first. But yeah, this one is a lot of like, it's a really interesting film. The production quality is this. It feels almost like a really weird nineties made for television movie, right. All the actors in it are amazing, So you're like, what is happening here? It's it's it's something that should be observed and should be watched and appreciated for what it is, and it's it's really cool.
Speaker 2: So it's amazing, it's amazing. Well, I'm sure wish you the very best, and you're always in my prayers, Jason. I hope you have an incredible twenty twenty six, and I hope we get to see each other in person and they're not too distant future. Of course, I'm not going to let you be a stranger. You're talking, Wed. Thank you so much for coming on. It's always so much fun to chat to you.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure, really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, until I talk to you Jason again, hopefully very soon, until I talk to everybody else out there, firstly, Happy New Year, and secondly, please check me out again, same weird time, same weird network, The Untold Radio Network next Thursday night at nine pm Central. Keep it weird.