Speaker 1: Welcome to the Wine and Wine Podcast. I'm Kelsey and I'm Ellie. This is your dose of friendship, fun and figuring life out together. Let's be e besties because life is messy, Wine hopes.
Speaker 2: And whining is optional. Hi e besties. Hi guys, welcome back, Welcome back.
Speaker 3: I feel like I haven't seen you in forever.
Speaker 2: I know, we haven't been able to get together for a minute. No, we kind of did a bulk record last time we did. We did.
Speaker 3: I feel like July has just been really busy for both of us, so hectic, so we're like, where what is life and why is it already the end of July? Like wasn't it the beginning of July just the other day?
Speaker 2: Where did it go? For real? Though, I'm like still trying to regroup, insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like these days and weeks have just like blurred, biting, it's a blur.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I didn't have my Google calendar, I literally would be like they'd be like, what'd you do this month? And I'd be like, oh, literally, no idea, no idea. I probably just like laid in bed and worked and that's probably it. But realistically you were like not home.
Speaker 2: But besides like two days.
Speaker 3: But actually, literally I've lived a thousand lives, so I just yeah, it's it's been a lot. But yeah, well I'm excited to chat with you, I know about life updates for real. But yes, before we get into that, wait, do we do the one on one first? Wine the wine first?
Speaker 2: Okay? So Ellie is taking care of the wine and the wine one on one this week.
Speaker 3: Guys, all right, help me, somebody'll please. Okay. So we got a cab solve. Did I do that right? Yep?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: So we have that today, and it's called aptitude, and let's see it says back here a dark, fruit driven quintessential Rutherford cabernet that is lush and pleasing in every sense. Black plum aromas are complemented with refined, toasty oak, sweet vanilla, and tobacco firm yet balanced tannings tannin's. Okay, you've talked about that before complete the journey while leaving oneself satisfied and longing for more.
Speaker 2: You did that so seductively. I was sitting over here, like, whoa, it's been a lot in here.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: A little clink link, clink link. Okay, we're gonna give me a tall glass. I'm too scared to swirl. Oh, I'm sorry, I did give you a lot. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Kelsey's get drunk. I even poured today, y'all, And I'm like, whoa, I think I gave Kelsey at beautiful, beautiful leggies the legs be legging. It smells good. Maybe it's been a while since we've drink. I had a lot of I thought about that afterwards. I'm like, actually, red.
Speaker 2: Mm yep, it tastes exactly like it smells. That's kind of weird that it tastes like literally, yeah, it's very like.
Speaker 3: Bold in the beginning, but like then it it's a little bit harsh at the end, which makes me a little sad. Here, let me take another, like.
Speaker 2: Hmm, the second like it, but yeah, you're right, it does kind of finish a little harsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the second sip didn't do it any favors though, Like I liked it less the second.
Speaker 2: This is one that has for sure be a sip, a small one, more sip, oh my fuck no, but it needs to be a little bigger sip than that. That is literally just bitter. Yeah, why is it getting worse? This reminds me of my first story. We're like, oh yeah now, and I'm like, whoa.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of like one of those guys that you go on a date on like with, and they're like they talk a big game. I don't know, yeah yeah, and then you're disappointed.
Speaker 2: By the end of the night. Okay, but I do have a I do have a thought. Okay, I'm wondering, just you know, I'm just trying to help it out. Yeah, when you opened it, it was an extra soft cork and it broke. I'm wondering if the cork like maybe it's a little rancid already too soft.
Speaker 3: We'll have to do a wine one o one regarding cork works next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be very wrong on that, but that's I'm just, you know, I'm just trying to help it Out's.
Speaker 3: A good theory. Let I'm gonna do one more sip. I just drink water hopefully this like honestly, because that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Like the aftertaste I'm getting is almost like it's a bottle that's been open a little too long.
Speaker 3: But but I mean, I hear you, but also like it has the the seal over it though too, but I guess the seal does also have like two holes poked in it all the time, so I think eventually, I.
Speaker 2: Feel it could definitely be worse if it was actually rancid. But that's the only reason I'm saying that because that's kind of what it tastes like. It's like, you know when you have a bottle of red that's like been open for like five days, where still drinkable, but it's a little harsh. It's not to the vinegary stage yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I kind of what I'm getting. It just made me sad because that first sip was good. It smells so good. That first sip was smell like the plump. Yeah, And I'm telling you, this reminds me of one of those guys.
Speaker 2: That wondering it says it's got the tobacco. Maybe that's the flavor we're not liking because it smells like the plump. Maybe it's tasting bitter because maybe.
Speaker 3: Back Maybe Yeah, I'm gonna I gotta I gotta go with three on this, Yeah, I gotta go. I like I feel like a douche maybe even saying a two five, But maybe I'll just it's.
Speaker 2: Hard because like like we said it smells really good, and it started okay, but it just kept getting worse. Each sip we take it gets worse and worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the bottles just like classic. It's just like a classic bottle. So I mean, yeah, she would be like, I hate to do that, but two seven five two seven five, this is probably one of the lowest rating. That's so sad because it really started so strong that and I will say, I want to say it like it even leaves like.
Speaker 2: A weird there's a film in my oh my tongue almost well, I want to like even just google compare to everyone else's notes to it. Well, just the.
Speaker 3: Price on it. Oh, yeah, because I want to say it wasn't it was a bit more expensive than the wine I bought that we talked about last week, you know. Yeah, shoot, I want to say it was around like twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was in the mid twenties. I want to say, Allied I laid, I think it was like thirteen bucks.
Speaker 2: Well, because I'm googling it too. It looks honestly, just depends on where you look, because I'm seeing anywhere from twelve ninety nine up to twenty four dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it was probably on the cheaper side because I got it at Costco in Colorado.
Speaker 2: So but I'm looking at reviews too, and it's like averaged three point five.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're not off completely off. We're not off.
Speaker 2: We're just a little less.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so high.
Speaker 2: Like I said, part of me kind of wants to give it another try, like with a different bottle, yeah, and see if.
Speaker 3: It was the cork okay or not, or maybe I just sucked at opening the wine because I'm not gonna lie. Kelso always opens the wine and today I decided to open and then that happened to me, and I'm like, apparently I don't know though, Yeah I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it is what it is. It is what it is. We're sorry, Aptitude. We'll still love it. Maybe we'll try another one of your wines to give you a second chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe, but uh, this was I mean, we're not gonna love all the wines, right, and we have.
Speaker 2: It almost seems like we're biased because we seriously have liked every single one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we get one other.
Speaker 2: We get so freaking hyped when we've had so many that were like fours four and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is just our real hot time.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, life is not perfect, especially after this update.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what are we talking about today? Maybe your wine one on one would have helped the wine probably.
Speaker 3: You know what's so funny is before, I hope after I give us a new poor after your wine one on one?
Speaker 2: Oh maybe with the aeriator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can pause and let go and then come back or should I talk about it and then we'll pause, okay and we'll come back. Okay.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 3: So the wine one on one today is about aerators. So basically the purpose of an aeriator is to speed up a process that would normally take hours. So they instantly quote unquote open up wine by exposing it to oxygen, enhancing flavors and softening tannins in just seconds. It's like giving your wine a quick spot a instead of making it sit in its canter all evening. So bonus is that some wine lovers say using an aeriator on a cheap bottle can make it taste like a much price. You're poor, so let's let's give us try let's use an aerator on this and see if it changes.
Speaker 2: We can get a little higher.
Speaker 3: Okay, br b, Okay, we are back.
Speaker 2: We gave it a little aeration. Yep, so we're gonna actually okay, which again I don't actually Still it still smells good. It smells good, smells the same, yeah, okay. Oh I didn't do a whole lot. No, I mean it tastes less bad, but it's still not just bitter on the like in the fish. Yes, but it's still not. I still wouldn't drink it again. No, it's getting damn.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like it gets worse with every sip, which makes it even like sadder.
Speaker 2: Like it burns, burns my throat.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we're still keeping that rating, aren't we?
Speaker 2: So sorry? We tried, We really tried rough. Okay, Well, you win some, you lose something exactly what you can't like everyone we tried, no, which everyone already thinks that we're just like we don't give two ships about what we're drinking. No, we we care, we do. We just happened to be trying a lot of good ones.
Speaker 3: And it's always a win when it's good, and it's like a really good price because your girl's on a budget exactly, so it's always a win. And so I'm like, oh, well that was sad. That's thirteen dollars down the drain.
Speaker 2: You know what. Side note, Yeah, one that like I've actually been using as one of my regular like reds lately is that Lapis Luna that Crystal brought us. Really I think so, I, like I said, when she brought it, I told her like I told you guys, I had tried the cabernet from Lapis Luna, not my favorite, but that red blend is so good AND's so versatile. So that's honestly what I buy all the time. Hell un less like my favorite like Sandraves or Kyanti's on sale, then I'll buy that obviously. But if it's not, then I buy the Lapis Luna redland. You know what I just thought of?
Speaker 3: And this is the should I say, And I'm always like, Kelsey, we need to do this, and then four Kelsey is behind the scenes doing all the work. Oh my gosh, but I swear I can help you with this one. But we should create like a spreadsheet. And I think we're both spreadsheet girls anyways, because we run the whole podcast off of a spreadsheet exactly. That's what we do behind the scenes. It's all a spreadsheet, but also just in our work, I feel like I you we both ed spreadsheets all day. So anyway, a spreadsheet where we have like columns for like the type of wine like cabs off, you know, blend, whatever, whatever, But then all the wines that we've drank so far will like list them in hierarchy based off like our ratings, and then we could do a price column right next to it. So then it's kind of like an easy access Like I know it's nice for like our followers to just go on our ig page and just kind of scroll through, but it'd be nice for us and for we could share it on our Yeah, we could probably put it on link tree. Yeah, and then it could kind of be like an easy just like real quick like yes, I love that. Wouldn't that be so nice for everybody because then, like I think it's fun. I mean, we've talked about hosting and stuff, but it would be so easy to be like, Okay, I need a red Blend. Yes, I need a good rating on it, and like what's the price?
Speaker 2: I love it? Let's do it. Let's do it super easy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, well et on one that's coming out because I literally just spitball that out of my house, so.
Speaker 2: So Elsie. But uh yeah, I think that I would take like on all of like a couple of minutes to create because I still from doing the social media part of it. I still have all of that information saved, but it should be pretty easy just to transfer it along. But yeah, I think that'd be so like, yeah, like nice for everybody to agree too. I agree. I like that, And then I can also like maybe another just side note column being like Kelsey purchases this one regularly or something like that.
Speaker 3: Ye yeah, a little like fun fact tidbits or whatever. Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it. Okay, Well, we're just gonna jump right into freaking life updates, not me having to like go to my Google calendar because I'm like, what what even happens? What even happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you want to go first? Should I go first? Totally? Like you would think we would talk about this beforehand. I know, we just kind of just start talking and don't really know what's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kind of just wing it.
Speaker 2: I don't care to swing it. Here's just probably a little more chaotics. You don want me to go first to get it over with.
Speaker 3: And then you can die right in not me telling kelso like literally for this, I was like, and then I cried like all day Thursday and all day Saturday.
Speaker 2: So she literally has lived like ten lives this month. I really have, I really have. Okay, yeah, we'll just we'll get there. When we get there, I guess, yeah, mine's mine's not quite that hectic, so I can go first and then you can finish off. Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 3: So my July.
Speaker 2: Started with my annual Fourth of July party. Will and I kind of got roped into this thing. Now it's just an I love that. It's such a tradition.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's so much fun and it's like the most like white trash freaking party. Like we have bullet pools. Some times we'll put out like a water slide. I think that's so like, and it's anybody can come, whatever type of thing, family, kids, dogs, like you'll have well have like trillion dogs.
Speaker 3: And just gorillas exactly for real.
Speaker 2: Basically feels like that. But I always just have like everyone like like I'll provide sides and snacks and stuff like that, but everyone kind of just byobs brings something to put on the grill and then like basically admission is a firework, like a decent firework because you can, like we can light them off in my neighborhood and they're like, you know, they're not cheap. So Will I can't be from that the whole the whole shipbang right, but we'll get like I don't know, it depends on the year, but like twenty to thirty people, including like little kids and stuff like that. So it's a lot of fun. But yeah, it's like it's kind of just the thing. Now, Yeah, how was it? It was a lot of fun, It really was. I think this was probably one of my favorite. However, we did end up having some drama with one of one of Will's friends at the end of it. He just got a little a little too drunk and started like yelling at everybody. He kept losing his phone, but he kept blaming it on everybody else and then getting mad at everybody else, even though he would literally just be in his chair shut up, but he would be throwing an absolute fit, like did he think that somebody like took it and I have literally no idea. He just starts screaming because he couldn't find his phone and like blamed on everybody else, even that it was him. Did he realize his actions the next day and apologized like, I'm so confusing? Not really, he was too drunk. He claims he doesn't remember what happened. Does he usually get like this, I'm so he doesn't. Really, He's he's not a huge drinker. He's he gets high a lot. He doesn't drink that much, so when he does, it gets kind of chaotic.
Speaker 3: Are we giving him a pass then because he doesn't drink that much? Or are we kind of like because we're grown already he needs.
Speaker 2: To give for sure, me and a couple of my friends pretty big apology because he was an absolute ass Oh so yeah.
Speaker 3: Did anybody call him out on a ship? Like?
Speaker 2: Oh? Both I did and Hillary also we both got in his face because he was being an absolute dickhead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, good good for you guys for like standing your ground.
Speaker 2: Like we obviously knew he was littly titty, but it was like, but also, does it doesn't give you a pass to be an asshole?
Speaker 3: Did he like say the rest of the night. Then like, yeah, yeah, you're too nice.
Speaker 2: I will get the fun. Will's other friends and ship just thought it was funny because you're like, well, that's just how A use other people. So that's why he's enabled. Yeah, he's definitely enabled. Yeah whatever. Besides that, it was a great site.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always there's always something in the mix. I feel like when when you have like a large gathering with a Alco hall, like it kind of you never know what's gonna you just never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So but besides that, it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had a little bit of a rough day the next day, just like hangover wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh. Yeah, but it was fine.
Speaker 2: It was fine. And then the next weekend, Will and I we were gonna just go up to Bear Lake. It's on the border of Utah and Idaho for anyone that doesn't know, We're just gonna go up for the day on Saturday. And then Will was talking to his boss who's also his buddy, just telling him, yeah, we're gonna goup for the day, YadA YadA, yadda, and his buddy was like, well, we're not using our place this weekend. Do you guys want to use it? We're like yeah, So we ended up like literally with at like four pm on Friday, We're like, let's well hurry unpack and get her asses up there. So we did that and then stayed the night. We went and had some food in town. The next day, played at the beach the whole day, got coold crissy, so fun. And then we were going to drive home after the bee because I had book club the next morning. And then he had also had a tea time during book club because he's like, well, what am I going to do while you're at book club whatever? You know. Yeah, but we're like, let's just stay one more night and leave early in the morning. So that's what we did. We ended up just staying one more night, and I'm glad we did. It was such a good night. And then yeah, leaving early next morning, got home in time to hurry and shower and get my ass to book club.
Speaker 3: All good for you for still going to book club. I would have been maybe tempted to be.
Speaker 2: Like I was so tempted, but I was also like, no, like the whole point of leaving early so I can still make it exactly that I'm the one that chose to spend one more night.
Speaker 3: Well that and like I feel like you still have like your whole day too, even after like I don't know, I sometimes like coming back home from somewhere like early on a Saturday Sunday, so then you still kind of feel like you're home hanging out before the workday on my day.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we still had time to like after I ran to book club and he went to his tea, time still had time to get home and do more laundry and just chill for the rest of the evening. So yeah, it wasn't like an inconvenience or thing. But that sounds so fun though weekend, I know, and it was like so spurred the moment and everything and so fun. Did you guys take your paddle boards up there? Yeah, we took We took our paddle boards. We only inflated Will's just because I didn't want to worry about both. We did take Sophie. She's not a huge fan of the water. That was the other reason why we didn't inflate the second board. She also we discovered she doesn't mind being on a board with me. We I've already known that she's not like being on the board with Will's. Yeah, if I'm not with her, she freaks out. So we kind of just took turns, like he'd go out on the paddle board and I'd still on the beach with Sof, and then I'd go out and just float on a tube. And then he hung out with Sof, but I couldn't go very far because Sophie would start freaking out. But yeah, we had cooked hot dogs in the beach and it was nice.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so fun.
Speaker 2: Was it like crazy busy barely has gotten so bad. Yeah, and right now there's like the water is so high, which is good, but there's like no beach, you're on rocks. It's just the funnest either it hurts. Yeah, yeah that makes sense, but that's fine. We still, like I said, it was still really fun and.
Speaker 3: It's just pretty and the water is so nice.
Speaker 2: So yes, so nice. I'm glad you had that. It was nice. We needed I feel like we needed it because he's been gone so much, you know, all of you listening, compared to my June update where he was basically gone all of June, so excuse me.
Speaker 3: It was like yeah, yeah, I'm sure this was like a good It was nice and much needed.
Speaker 2: It was even though it was a getaway and we could have just spent the weekend at home, it was still relaxing. Like I came home refreshed from it, you know. Yeah, it was nice to have some quality time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cute, that sounds like.
Speaker 2: But then the next weekend he was gone again, which was fine, but luckily it was his last trip for a while. But while he was gone, I had a little girl's night, had some friends go o where we hung out with the patio, dranks some drinks, and had some Taboo pizza, my favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh so good? Have you eaten down there on the Washington one? Still so busy but it's Yeah, where did you pick up from?
Speaker 2: Or did you guys eat at Taboo Pizza? No? We picked up, but I was doing to go by the Ogden High Okay, because you can get different size pizzas. The one on Taboo is just the one, yeah, the Washington location. It's just it's just the personal pizza. Yeah, isn't it so good? It's my favorite? I have? So the to go one opened, like I want to say, it opened like right before COVID maybe but yeah, I got we got like flyers on our doors because we're kind of in that neighborhood m hm, and so we're like, oh, let's go try it whatever. So freaking good.
Speaker 3: I love their what it's a freaking called it's it's their cheesy boy. But it's the one with Halopenos. Is it naughty Boy?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't remember. I don't. Oh. I also think that they have literally the best Margarita pizza their Sinatra. Oh I've never liked Margarita pizza. It is to die for.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I want pizza.
Speaker 2: I know, gosh damn it. Pizza was so good Stable Anyhao Tabo you want spots just kidding, Taboo, we love you Ian tag them in this when it goes live. Please it is so good. It's so good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and then random fun fact as I remember when they opened up their Washington location, like that first week, I'm like, I like getting out of the house and working, and I was like, I want to go try out the Taboo here, and so anyway, we figured out wi fi there just because I need to have like a secure login whatever whatever, But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Worked, and I ate pizza such a vibe. I got like a beer and I got my cheesy boy whatever. I love it. It was a vibe. Oh thank you, shout out too. I guess we need to have a girl's night and go get some taboo.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Okay, let's see it.
Speaker 2: And then that Saturday I went to the rodeo with my friend Alexa. I love that.
Speaker 3: You love the rodeos.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of just like it's a it's it is a lot of fun. But so in Utah we have Pioneer Days. Oh yeah, and the Ogden Pioneer Day rodeo is every year from the nineteenth of July to the twenty fourth of July, and my friend Alexa and I have gone every single year since we were like able to drive. This is really sixteen because my dad gets us like sponsorship tickets and stuff because his company sponsors. Yeah, we've gone every single year since we were like sixteen, besides the couple of years she lived in Ireland. So it's just like a tradition. We go every year. We can't not you know, same thing every year, but it's so much fun. We have a we have a good time.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll go one day.
Speaker 2: I just am not a big. Honestly, am not like it's not my thing. It's just fun because it's like tradition.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but we also get it for tradition.
Speaker 2: We also get it for free. Yeah. I think it'd be different if like we were paying for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So and if my dad's working a booth and we also get free beers, so yeah, the whole things free.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, that's amazing thing. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the drinks hell yeah yeah. But uh yeah, I don't know. I've only been there like a handful of times. But yeah, well maybe next year you can come with it. We do have fun, Okay, it does.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like with a good crowd, like with the good just need like company. I think it'll be a vibe, you know, and who knows, maybe some of the guys right in the I there are some good looking cowboys you know, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Noted, noted?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, so then last weekend, well on the twenty fourth, since that was Utah's actual holiday, I took the day off because we don't get it off we're a national company. But I took it off and Will and I went golfing with two of our friends, and it's a lot of fun because I've never golfed with this couple before, even though we hang out with them all the time. But she's like a similar level to me. And then the boys are the same amazing golfers. But it was fun to go with someone that's like a similar level because I golf with Will and his friends all the time, but it's never with another woman, first of all, but also someone that's my level because Will and all his guy friends are like stupid good at it, and it's they're very patient, but it's very intimidating. Oh yeah, I hear you. So I really played probably the best round of golf I've ever played because we were like giving each other so much confidence. It's like if she hit and it was a good hit, and I'd be like, oh you know, monkey see, monkey do, is what we kept saying. It was true, but like, yeah, I did really well, Like I hit all my drives solid. The only thing I need to work on is chipping, but my putts were good and my drives were good, So yeah, I felt really good about it. It was so much fun. Oh yeah, yeah. And then the next day we left for McCall Idaho to go to my cousin's wedding. That looks so pretty and so pretty. If you've never been to McCall, it really is such a fun little town. The lake is Piot Lake, but the town's called McCall. How close is that to Sun Valley? Do you know, like freaking four hours? Oh okay, so it's six hours. No, it's seven hours from here from Ogden to McCall.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a dry and then but like just because.
Speaker 2: Of the different sides of the state, McCall to Sun Valleys like almost four hours because we looked it up.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, because I was curious too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: I just have a girls shrip there next month.
Speaker 2: Someone I love. I love Sun Valley. I've never been.
Speaker 3: It's so long.
Speaker 2: They have such fun like breweries and stuff like that. There's all some really cool thrift stores. Funny anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, okay, I heard it's the park city of like Idaho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like this is this is a tangent because it has nothing to do with anything. But when I was in Sun Valley last time, we went into one of a thrift's stores and there was this like seventies vintage product skirt and I'm like, oh my gosh, I am dying. And so the guy was like that runs the store. He's like he's like I have been sitting on this for a while. Now He's like, if it fits you, you can have fifty bucks. It fit me, So now I have a seventies Viches broad a skirt that I got for fifty bucks. No shit, you never told me that it's pretty sick. I was like, Wade and stuff. I'll have to take a picture. It's super fay. Do you love it? I do. I don't wear very often because it's kind of hard to style, okay, but I'm never gonna get rid of it.
Speaker 3: And now I need to see a picture because now I'm like inspired to be like, well this is how you can style it.
Speaker 2: I know, not that I have I find like the right top because like you don't want anything crazy for with it. But it's like such a weird like an odd colored beige. It's not even beige. I don't even know what it is. But it's just a really hard thing to find a top the match just like white is too stark, can or black, and then trying to even kind of like find another type of brown that it's like it's it's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll have to see it. I'm soy.
Speaker 2: The thing would be like a cream top. But then again, you don't wantnything too fancy because then it takes away from the skirt. But it can't be too casual either because the skirt's too fancy, like it's hard. Well, what if you do just another color like m because this has like two different types of like weird brown. One of them is kind of like a greenish brown, and then there's orange. But if you match the orange, it's too much. What if you do like that too?
Speaker 3: What if you do a dark brown?
Speaker 2: It would clash? Like it's it's a hard skirt.
Speaker 3: I want to see a picture of it now. I'm so curious. It's almost like a challenge.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, it really is, Like literally the best thing I've found to go with it is cream.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm excited now to see this post it on the IG story too.
Speaker 2: You guys can help me find so, I know, I actually do. I don't even own cream, so I need to find a cream top or two. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Cream is hard to find though, Well.
Speaker 2: It's also just hard to find a cream that like doesn't make me look pasty. It's just not really my color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the other challenge, the freaking color matches. Have you ever done those? Yeah? Oh my hell yeah. I had chatchey t do it for me and I'm like, oh my gosh, that's me, and then I send it to all my girlfriends and then they did it too, and then they all got the same results. But we're all like starkly different, and I'm like, what the fuck that's so weird. I'm like, then then this isn't right and we're all the same color.
Speaker 2: Like, how'd you do it?
Speaker 3: You got to take like a selfie, no makeup, natural light, hair pulled back, and then you upload it to chat shept and you say, hey, can you do a color match on my face? Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm like, based on my I did. Well, I've done a professional one, but it wasn't when I was in middle school. Oh do you think it's still legit? Maybe I think it's still the same, but I still And I say that because I also did mine through chat GPT, but instead of uploading a photo, what I did was I took a three like the way it had me do it was I did three swatches on my skin in different lighting, and then I did a swatch of two swatches of my eyes in different lighting, and then a swatch of my hair, two swatches of my hair in different lighting.
Speaker 3: And what do you mean by swatches?
Speaker 2: Like, so, yeah, you have your selfie, but then in like paint, the paint app you go through and do like the color drop m and it had me do my forehead, my cheeks, and then my chin That's why three and then the eyeballs. It wanted like dark lighting and then natural lighting. And same with the hair, it wanted dark like this lighting and then natural lighting. And so instead of being a picture of me, it was like the color swatches interesting and it came the same as when I had it professionally in middle school. So I'm an autumn. I'm a true autumn to a warm Yeah, to a warm autumn.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I need to do that then, yeah, because I'm like, oh, why did it give us all the same thing. Yeah, that's weird, weird, weird. Anyway, that was super random. We're talking about McCall.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, we're the worst. Well, I love our tangents anyway, So yeah, we went to McCall, Idaho, and we started like when we got up there, it's freaking yes, seven hour drive, got up there, just some time for dinner. But we had a bunch of like family in town that we haven't seen in a while, so we all went to besides like the bride and her family, like Man's and uncle's there. They didn't come obviously, said they rehearsal dinner, but the rest of us all met at like the saloon for dinner and it was a lot of fun nic seeing everybody. After dinner, me, Will, my cousin Katie, and then my aunt Cindy, Katie's mom. Wait, decided we're gonna do freaking pub crawl out of nowhere. There's only three more bars besides, so when we were at so we walked to three more bars, had to drink at each one. It was a great old time. We had so much fun. Definitely got got pretty but it's okay. And then the next day, Saturday, was the wedding day, but obviously, you know, we still have most of the day, so we went to town, kind of looked around, had some lunch, and then Will and I came back early because we were so tired to try and just like not even nap because I can't really nap, but like just to kind of sit like chill, Yeah, just to relax, be with the dogs because with Courtney and I brought our dogs, so we wanted to hang out with them for a minute. They were gonna be home alone for a while with the wedding. And then yeah, then we got ready for the wedding, which was so pretty. It was on my cousin, my cousin's family, her dad's side. The family has property up there, so it was on their private beach. It was stunning. It was so pretty, and yeah, we danced the night away. Will's always a really good wedding date because he loves to just go out there and be a goofball and the dance floor. Literally after dinner, when the dancing started, He's like, Okay, well, do you want to go embarrass ourselves now? And I'm like, yep, yes I do. That is the best. And then it was kind of magical because like toward the end, like there was only like a couple songs left, like maybe like a half hour left before we had to leave, and it started raining. But it was like it was the end. So it's almost like it was so magical, like even the brides out there and her like like her reception outfit and like she's having a great all time dancing in the rain like the girls like it was just so much fun. And then we all loaded on the on the shuttle because there's a shot we had to take a shuttle. We all loaded on the shuttle looking like drowned rats. Oh god, it was a great night. Great. Wait did you kiss in the rain a little bit? It wasn't like it wasn't like what I want on my like the bucket list that it's not. It wasn't like a romantical like pouring rain kiss because it also felt kind of weird doing it in front of all of my extended family. Well, and it was probably maybe just like a drizzle maybe like it wasn't pouring. Okay, so so I mean baby tips, baby steps. It was still something. It was still something cute. But yes, that was fun. And then Sunday we just spent at the beach, well kind of on the lawn right next to the beach because the dogs can't go on the sand. Wait why, I don't know. Just their rule. So we just had our chairs plopped on the grass, which was probably better for the dogs anyway. They like that more. But like, how do you tell a dog not to get on the sand? Oh, they have to be leashed, so they can't go on unless you let them. Oh the public beach and a lot of public beaches require leashes. That's crazy. So we had them like chained, you know, those like screw chains into the ground. Yeah, so we just had them on those. But they were fine. They kind of laid there.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's because like they don't want the dogs to shit on the sand. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I don't really know. Maybe that and I don't I don't know, because Bear likes the same way too. For EF we're going to like one of their like paid beaches, you can't have dogs, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Maybe it could just because they don't want the waste in case someone accidentally forgets to pick it up and then someone steps in it in the sand, because it would get buried in the sand versus on grass, right, But I don't know. I don't really know, to be honest with you. But it was fine, And then half our family went home Sunday, but we stayed till Monday, so we just cooked burgers back at our place. The family that was still in town came over, and yeah, we just hosted everyone for burgers and some wine. Had another fun night, and then yeah, did the seven hour trek the next day. Oh my gosh, got home. What time did you leave?
Speaker 3: Like ten thirty in the morning. Yeah, So got home a long day.
Speaker 2: I know, I was in so much pain because I can't like my I have a bad back singing car for that long. It's not fun time. Yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, but it was fine. We got home in time for dinner. I don't even know what we freaking did for dinner. Oh I didn't eat because we had had taco bell for lunch and I was like ugh for it. Yeah, so I didn't have anything for dinner. But yeah, and then I just took yesterday off to recoop.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like you always need a vacation from your vacation.
Speaker 2: I should have taken today off tudo, to be honest, because, like I was telling you earlier, like I haven't had enough time to catch up on sleep. Oh yeah, because yesterday, while I regrouped, I can't sleep in I'm not asleep. I can't do that. Yeah, So I couldn't catch up on sleep that way, and so I tried a nap, but then SOF just was annoying when I was trying to nap, So I ended up just like I was doing laundry cleaning, like all the other random crap that has to be down that we didn't do. And then hung out with Will till way too late last night because he wanted to hang out until he had to leave for to pick up his front from the airport. And then waking up this morning was so hard. It sounds rough.
Speaker 3: It was rough.
Speaker 2: So I should have taken one more day, and I really wish I would have, but oh, well, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully this weekend is chill for you where you can like recoop.
Speaker 2: We don't have anything planned, okay.
Speaker 3: Go And I'm like I told well, I'm like, this is what you need, is like a no plan weekend where you just like fucking chill all weekend at home. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure we'll go do something, but nothing like a big plan because we can't just like bum it.
Speaker 3: Really, he can't bum it for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Not really. Oh, I love a good boy too. He just feels like antsy. Really he can't like and it drives me insane. He can't he can't just relast for a couple of days. Yeah, he has to do something. I yeah, And I mean like I don't like obviously, Like I'm like, I don't want to sit on the couch for forty eight hours, but like we can go on a walk or like even grab food or something, but like I just don't want. Yeah, I don't want a late night of drinking. I don't want this or that or whatever, you know. So it's like, yeah, like even if we went golfing, that's different, like but not like I just yeah, I don't want. You don't want like I've had. I've had a bunch of back to back weekends of like even if it was at my house, it was still late night of drinking and I'm like, I just don't don't want it. I want to go to bed early, yeah, and I want to wake up when I want to wake up. Yeah, that's all I want this weekend. That's not too much to ask for, damn it. I think he would honestly probably be in the same boat though, because he's been like he's been gone a lot. So yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 3: That was a fun filled July.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you did like a lot of outdoorsy like you know, bear Lake and then the call like just like a lot of water stuff. I think that's so ideal.
Speaker 2: Summer like like prime summer time, you know, quintessential summer summer, summer summer time. However, now I'm ready for fall. Oh I'm so fucking over summer. Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I want once you got summer, let's fucking go.
Speaker 2: Be able to wear sweater. Yeah. I want to be cool. I want I want to be able to sit inside with like a tea and my books.
Speaker 3: I want a sweater. Yes, I want the brisk air when I open the door. I want the leaves to crunch underneath my feet. And I want pumpkin spice latte injected through an ivy.
Speaker 2: Is that too much to ask you? I never gotten too, the pumpkin spicy. I can't do it, but I love like apple. It's like cider or like freaking Starbucks does an apple coffee and it sounds disgusting, but it is so f I've never had it. I've never had it.
Speaker 3: I'll have to try it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so freaking I literally will.
Speaker 3: Pound pumpkin spice like the day they announced, like okay, we're now, which is probably in like two weeks, probably because I literally I know it's such a limited time thing that I like run, yeah, push people out of the way.
Speaker 2: That's what I know. And now that I discovered this, like Apple Crisp, latte, whatever, it is the same way. Yeah, and follows just my favorite season. I'm such a Fall girly. I'm such a Fall girl. And Halloween, yes, but then it get vibes.
Speaker 3: It gets cut off too soon by winter though, and it makes me so sad. Yeah, I'm like, Winter, can you fucking chill? Yeah, Like I don't mind winter now that I ski, but I still just Fall.
Speaker 2: Yes, it just I feel like it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's that girl who tries to take the spotlight away from the girl, and I'm like, Winter, you will have your time, yeah, but Fall needs to.
Speaker 2: Shine, I know, you know. Yeah, I could have Fall for like six months. Oh and it'd be happy, like like October fall, early October fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like my dream would be like long fall, long spring, a little bit of summer. Yeah, and maybe like a week or two of winter during like Christmas time, but that's just because I don't scare snowboard and I know a lot of other people would be like the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: But that's my ideal. Mine would be like, yeah, fall and then like spring and winter can like split a little bit more time, and then maybe just like one month of summer. Yeah. I love summer, don't get me wrong, but not to I hate the heat. Yes, and you can still do summer activities when it's like early fall and late spring. Yeah, totally. I agree, where you're not fucking that's like eighty degrees versus one hundred degrees.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 2: Let's go fucking full. I know, well, we just wanted a whole another dance, but that was a whole nother tangent.
Speaker 3: I feel like we haven't seen each other forever. I know.
Speaker 2: It be our longest life update ever. I love I keep forgetting we're even doing a podcast right now. We're just gabbing for real. Well.
Speaker 3: I love that we were like, hey, yeah, Kelso go first, because like, Elie's lived a million lives this month and apparently I did too. It's like I'm looking at the time and I'm like, yeah, we've been on here for forty three minutes now, which is totally fine.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is what it is. We had a busy month.
Speaker 3: We had a busy month, damn it.
Speaker 2: Next month might be only a twenty minute life up there. You know it might be short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I feel like maybe like you're included in this too, But I feel like we've lived so much much in July that our August life update's gonna be like yeah, and then we like, I just chilled. I just watched the movie and I finished this book and anyway, so well to see you guys next week, you know exactly. I feel like we had to live a lot to just fucking chill this next month.
Speaker 2: I agree. So anyway, all least turn oh, load and loaded.
Speaker 3: You know what's so funny is uh there was I knew we were doing a life update. Whoa kelso just tried the wine again and her face I kind of just forgot that it was bad. Like, do you want to go get another drink? Like from the fridge?
Speaker 2: Should I? No, you're good, you just talk.
Speaker 3: I'll be bad, guys, Okay, sounds good. It's gonna be weird me talking about well, I guess I'm not. I mean, I guess people are actually listening to this when it's out into the world. But no. Yeah, I was actually talking to Kelso before we started recording, and I was just like, I just yeah, there was a lot that I was gonna leave out because it's just been such whoa, Kelso's back hi and she's just staring at the wall. Yeah, I'm just like staring at the wall, like talking to the wall, and I'm like, so anyway, but there was just kind of a lot that I was gonna leave out ish, just because it was kind of like still too raw, and like, I don't know, so I think whatever just flows into this microphone is what will flow into this microphone. I'm just usually very just a regular I'm over here. Yeah, well, and I'm super like unedited. I feel like like I will just say what I need to say and so we'll just kind of see how it goes. But I did tell Kelso I was going to open up about something and we'll just kind of just see how it goes from there.
Speaker 2: But AnyWho, and I whoa, Yeah, I'll just get into it. I'll just it's just so much but Tea.
Speaker 3: Honestly, though, July was such a fun month, but also it was it was probably one of the most fun Julys I've had that I can think of, but it was one of the worst ones as well. Like I've had a roller coaster. Yes it's been like severe far this way and severe far that way.
Speaker 2: Like it's just a lot.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I honestly, I was looking at my calendar today actually, and I've only been home for like maybe a week and a half total for the month of July, Like I've just not been home. So I started the month out in Denver, Colorado, and I stayed we actually extended our trip like another couple of days, so we were there for almost two weeks, like shy of two weeks. And it was me and my friend Cameron, and we actually just went to go like just hang out in Denver and house it and just like we both work remotely, so we were just kind of hanging out working during the day, like going out.
Speaker 2: To the bar at night.
Speaker 3: Not every night, but just like you know, vib just vibin like you're in a different city. Honestly, you guys have you guys work remotely and you have an and if you want to travel and you want to do it at an affordable like price, you should totally check out Trusted house Sitters. I've talked about it before, but anyhow, it's just great, Like you get to hang out with pets and like make sure they're taking care of while their owners are away. But then you also have to you have a free place to stay, so it's just like a win win, you know. And some of the houses are really nice and it's just super chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You've done a lot of tours of those houses and they're stunning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's really cool. Anyway, So we did that and Denver was just fun. Denver was just a good time. I mean, there's there's there's maybe some things I still like I'm trying to process and maybe eventually I'll, like say, in the field.
Speaker 2: I think we'll get there when you get there. Well, and I think we.
Speaker 3: Talked about this a couple like months ago. How Like sometimes when you're in the middle of something, you're just like, uh, it's so hard to like hard to articulate it. Yeah, So anyway, but all that to say though, is like Denver was a bit of a disappointment, but also like really really fun and it was nice to get out of town and just like hang out with a friend in a different setting and a different and it was just a freaking vibea. Anyway, So I did that, Like the first half of July was just like in Denver, and then it was crazy because I got back in on like a Tuesday, and by that Saturday, I was flying out to Florida. So same thing goes there. My other friend works remotely and she has a timeshare and she was like, do you want to just come and like hang out in Florida and we can play pickleball and we can like work during the day. I'm like, you had me at pickleball in Florida, Say lol, let's.
Speaker 2: To fucking go.
Speaker 3: So anyhow, we we went, and it was so fun, and we were kind of a little nervous hesitant because like July and Florida like hi, kill me now, like it's just blazing hot. But we got there and it wasn't really that bad at all, Like it was like perfect weather. And I don't know, I do not do well with humidity either, Like I will.
Speaker 2: Die my hair does, the rest of me does not. My skin.
Speaker 3: My skin really likes it because it feels very moisturized. But like if there's too much humidity in the air, like I feel like I can't bring it claustrophobic.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm likees like I'm like deep breathing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait, can I breathe right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Same, But the humidity was not bad. Oh, the temp was not bad.
Speaker 3: It just felt perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my gosh. We even yeah, we even try to extend our like stay because we didn't say that long.
Speaker 3: I think it was like four days vibe.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh, we try to extend and they're like, yeah, it'll be another three hundred dollars, like the flight change. Oh, and we're like, okay, we don't want to say that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we kind of just came back when we like needed to, you know, so it was like whatever, and so anyhow, it was just like it was it was it was just fun to just be there when it was like perfect weather, even though we thought we were gonna die and we ended up not dying. So anyhow, that was like the five four or five days there, and then when I came back that Saturday, we my other group of girlfriends did like a brunch. We did a brunch again. We do a brunch like every six weeks. I think I talk about this all the time, and that was really fun. And I actually brought up that like that my other group of girlfriends we do that wafful Wednesday where we'd like update everybody on like our week and stuff. I was telling my girlfriends, my other group of girlfriends that do brunch, I'm like, we need to do something like that because like I just feel like sometimes we get so busy in life, and like you just need to set a girlfriends to like encourage you or motivate you, or like just kind of support you in whatever you're going through. And I know, like I'm not alone when I say, like there's a lot of people out there struggling right now, like with their mental health, like just in life in general thing, you know. And so anyway, I'm like, guys, we.
Speaker 2: Just need like a really good support system.
Speaker 3: And so we started talking about it, and I'm like, Okay, my girlfriends do my other girlfriends do a waffle Wednesday. What if we do something like on another day and we like name it something else and I'm like, what if we do Taco Tuesday?
Speaker 2: And then my friend.
Speaker 3: Natalie was like, what if we do hot talk oh Tuesday? So now it's yes, love it. Yes, now it's literally called talk oh oh Tuesday. So now I have Taco Tuesday and I have Waffle Wednesday. And it's just like updating your girlfriends on life. So like if you guys still have not done this, I need you guys to get on it because like even just we started it, so our brunch was on Saturday, but we started it yes surday for like my other group of girlfriends and it's been great already.
Speaker 2: Like am you just getting like a group chat or do you get on like a call?
Speaker 3: So it's a voice memo. So for for the original ones, like the Waffle Wednesday girlies with my squad squad group, we do it on our Instagram group chat, so we have a group chat there. But then my dbb's the ones that do the Taco Tuesday, we have a Facebook Messenger group chat, so we just do it there and they're just voice memos.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to like all like get every same time.
Speaker 3: Yep, just whenever you can throughout the day, like you can just be like, hey, I'm starting taco Tuesday, waffle Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: They're like, this is my week, blah blah blah blah blah. And then whenever you get a chance to just listen to it while you're doing whatever, and then you just do your own thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it's just so cool.
Speaker 3: And because like even just yesterday I was like, oh, I didn't know that about so and so or like one friend reminded me. She was like, Hey, I'm doing this fundraiser for my kid, Like if you guys have anything around the house, Like I'm like, oh my gosh, yes, perfect, I'm cleaning out my garage this Saturday or whatever.
Speaker 2: Love it, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's just really that was really really cool to like kind of establish that with them. But AnyWho, So, so overall July was just the highlight was definitely just like the traveling and the just going out there, like going to Denver, going to Florida and just hanging out with friends and just having a good time. But then like the low like yeah, the really low light was just like it was just crazy, Like.
Speaker 2: It was funny.
Speaker 3: I told Kelsey again, I don't think I was I honestly was not planning on talking about this even earlier this week. I was like, fuck we have we have life updates On Wednesday, I'm not talking about this, but I actually was today. I feel like so much better. Well, I actually did hop A the other day and I'll have to tell you guys about that in a bit. But any long story short, I literally and the I'm so casual about this right now because I did Hoppy and so all that to say though, like I was an emotional wreck last weekend, but basically I really got my heart broken and like I've never like I've never that's literally never happened to me before. And it's funny though, because I'm like I hardly ever cry, like I hardly ever ball, and I feel like that's kind of like a trauma thing, I think, or just like an issue I need to work on. I feel like sometimes I try to self soothe too quickly and be like everything's okay, Like I'm almost lokay a little bit toxic positivity, you know what I mean, where it's like, bitch, it's okay to be sad, you know. And so AnyWho, long story short, I tell my girlfriends this all the time. I'm like, guys, I need a good fucking cry. I have not cried in like the longest time, like a good, good cry, you know. And so AnyWho, all that to say is I I I'm gonna try to condense this so much because there's just so much to it. But if if y'all want to ever go out for drinks with me, I will tell you all the details. But AnyWho, I actually started talking this guy while I was in Colorado and he was in Salt Lake, and like he is from Salt Lake, and it was just like, this is kind of the analogy. I told one of my girlfriends the other day. It was like I was when I was dating, I was just I was just hanging out on the shore, Like that's just where I was. I was comfortable the shoreline. That's as far as I got with guys emotionally. This guy literally took me to the depths of the ocean like I'd never been there before. I'd never explored experienced the depths of what the ocean could provide. So when I went into this with him, it was literally so mind blowing. Like we matched on a Tuesday, started talking on the phone on a Friday. That Friday, night, we talked for five hours. The next night four hours, the next night three, the next night two, and so every night after that we would talk for at least two hours. And we would always joke around and say like, oh we should like gosh, we need to get better at this. We're like we're just yeap in a way, like we can't stop talking to each other. Like anyhow, we talked about everything. We talked about our flaws, our insecurities, our dreams, like what we look for in a person, like marriage, kids, like everything deep deep, deep, deeply and really quickly. And it's crazy because it, I mean, maybe that saying is true. If you go to quickly as quickly as it burns, it's as quickly as it'll like die, you know. And so anyho, I think that was definitely a life lesson to learn though, because I mean I ended up seeing him when I came back from Colorado. We went on a date and then the next that so I came back on that Tuesday whatever date on Wednesday, Thursday, and then I had to fly out to Florida on that Saturday. So we kept talking then when I was in Florida, and then that following to Wednesday, when I was flying back home, is kind of when I got just a bit of a whiplash and he was just like, yeah, I gotta step away from this.
Speaker 2: It's not you.
Speaker 3: It's the classic, it's not you, it's me like you, yeah, like you just I have a lot of work to do on myself and you deserve somebody so much better. And it was just crazy though, because I remember the deep conversations we would have about like, hey, we would talk about this, right if we like ever like you know, wanted like fell off or wanted to walk away from this, and we both agreed we would. And so I texted him back and I was like, hey, I'm never gonna like force anybody to stay. I don't chase, but do you want to let like, let's talk about this. I want to fully understand you and I'll respect anything you decide. And so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we decided to see each other the next day and he didn't show.
Speaker 3: He did not show, and so I was devastated. Yeah, as you should be devast I was bawling upstairs in my bed, like balling. But you know what's so crazy, and this is where like my fucking toxic positivity comes out I'm literally balling. My heart is broken, Like I cannot, like balling to the point of like hyper ventilating. You're like, you know, and I like, after I would ball, i'd be like, thank you God, I'm so grateful for.
Speaker 2: You guys. In between you yeah, I'm like you guys, I'm like, it's crazy, how like I just am so.
Speaker 3: Grateful that I was able to feel feelings, Like I was grateful to feel sadness and like actually cry. I feel like my body needed that path so bad and it was a really good release. Like I really just let it go and just like cried. And so I emailed my boss that night at like midnight, and because the next day was Friday, and I was like, I can't come into work tomorrow. I just know I won't be productive. And he was really nice, obviously, he was like, yeah, take the day. So I went up to Park City to visit a friend. We had lunch, and then I went to like Trader Joe's and so like I just did a day out of it, went to Costco, you know, just like got out. But I mean I did obviously still cry like intermittently throughout the day, and I was like, my heart was really heavy over the weekend, and I was like, Ash, this really fucking sucks, you know. And it's just like it's weird because time was like, so I write poetry and so I've actually written about this before. But it's really I feel the same way, like when I'm in those settings with guys that I feel such a connection with time is non existent for me. So there's no such thing as like, wait, you only talked to him for two weeks and you're fucking devastated. I'm like, no, no, you don't get it. Though it wasn't just two weeks. Yeah, we lived a lifetime together. Like everything we talked about. The time we spent together was not you can't measure that by hours or minutes or days like that is measured within, like the the soul entanglement of it all, you know. But I think it's so true.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, it's like what you guys talked about and how deep you went. Most people don't even go that deep in.
Speaker 4: Two years, Like it's like you guys literally deep deep deep, like like like I said earlier, like I was swimming in the shoreline and he took me out to the depths of the ocean and like that completely like got me so good, and I was like, holy fuck.
Speaker 3: And honestly, like I'm talking about this so chill right now, Like I am so chill about it right now, because I my friend God, I love her Mike, And she actually reached out to me yes thurday or the night before I already forgot, but she she gave me hoppy. And I don't know if you guys know what hope is, but it's basically like indigenous people use it, and it's tobacco mixed with other herbs, and it's like it's it's more of like a like Shamans use it for like yeah, ceremonies and stuff, and just it's very uh intentional use to like open your heart and really connect with the divine or like whatever your beliefs are, whatever your higher.
Speaker 2: Power, God, et cetera.
Speaker 3: And so and I've done hope before and I felt things before, but hope this week was like on a whole nother level.
Speaker 2: So she like kind of like an ayahuasca but not a purging experience kind of a situation.
Speaker 3: But yeah, not as crazy, not yet, not as crazy because it like it'll wear off in like thirty minutes whatever, but like you'll still feel the goodness of it all throughout the days to come, if that makes sense. But can I try some Yes, yes, she would love that. She would honestly love that. She's so because I'm always like, thank you, Mike, and for doing that. She's like, it's not me, it's the medicine. I'm like, okay, thank you for being a vessel, like you know what I mean. Like so, and it's it's kind of rough, and it's because it's like this powder form and they put it in this like kind of like this wooden tube and she has to blow it up your nose. Oh yeah, it's kind of intense and you have to like close the back of your throat so it doesn't go down your throat. Interesting, and but it likes and she does both nostrils, so it's a whole thing. But after that happens, you immediately feel well. I think everybody's experience is different, so I won't speak on everybody's behalf, but like from my experience, like you just feel this whoosh of like energy and like all of a sudden, you're just very heart centered. And so I literally after she did that, I was fucking bawling. Yeah, like just bawling, and I'm like, oh my god, oh my god, like I'm crying. It is kind of like a purge because I never really even like like I almost felt sick to my stomach, like I wanted to throw up. But it's because like there was just so much emotion coming up for me, and I was like, I was like, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, Like I just I just kept saying I'm sorry, and I kept saying like I love you and AnyWho. So the experience I got like kind of a message because it's kind of like you go into it with an intention and you get a message out of it. And so the message that I got from it is like, honestly, like this guy was a reflection of you, Ellie, and I'm like wait what, I'm like, oh that, But it was like he was meant to show you the parts that you yourself are and you don't see, yeah, and that you still have to love through it all, if that makes any sense. So I'm like, oh my gosh, he was me and I was him, and I had to experience him. Therefore, I had to experience myself in like another setting to help me open up more because I think we've joked about this to him like kind of like emotionally unavailable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And so this has made me become like one step closer to being more emotionally available. I wouldn't say I'm like fully there, but like it has been you can and have those emotions absolutely, yes, yes. And so again I was like completely devastated before I had Hoppy, and like, honestly, if I hadn't had Hoppy, I probably would not have would not open up to you guys about this like at all, because it would be still so raw for me, and like I would still be so emotional about it, if that makes sense. But like Hope pulled me into a place to say, like, hey, like I know this sucks that you had to go through this, but just know that you needed to go through this. This was a life lesson for to show you who you can be when you open up your heart and know that you're like a step closer to like finding who you really need to be with, you know. And so it was crazy because like even while I was in Hot Bay, like in that we call it medicine, right or in just like that ceremony practice, I was like praying and like just feeling sorry for other people. So like I was feeling sorry for him, and like just the conversations I had with my girlfriends over the weekend, like everybody struggling, so I wanted to pray for them. And the medicine was like, hey, this is for you, Yeah, this is for you. I need you to stop thinking about other people right now, and I need you to cry for yourself, like because I feel like sometimes I overly do it with other people and I don't take care of myself. And so I was just like okay, okay, So I like was like, okay, let me cry for little me, you know. So then Mike and she's such a good facilitator and she like came over and she like saged and like like put her hand like on my head and like just kind of massaged my head and she was like she's like cry for a little Ellie, like give her love, like you're in her child. Like it was such an intentional, like beautiful, like just ceremony we had there. She was playing the drums at one point, Like it was just so good and so intentional and like all I'm saying is you guys, if you guys have not had hopay, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Get over there.
Speaker 3: But also if you're in in the area, like if you're in the Ogden area or wherever northern Utah, like, legit hit me up, because honestly, that's Miken's passionate. Like I think, honestly that's her life calling, to be honest, but she does that, and I'm I know she would just love it if somebody was like, hey, blah blah blah, we.
Speaker 2: Should see if she'd spons like not sponsored, but like host a cute little wine and wine. Yeah, treat yeah, I treat like a day many of our followers want to come with you have a cute little ceremony?
Speaker 3: No, totally, totally. We should first do one and then open it up or whatever. But it is so so good, Like you guys, what I'm literally.
Speaker 2: Saying so healing, and I feel like everybody needs that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, like a thousand percent. Like I said, I would not be sharing the story like this whole guy experience story if I did not have hot Bay earlier this week, because my heart would still be completely shattered devase. I don't think I would even be able to like talk through it because I'd get too emotional, Like I was getting emotional with my friends just talking about it before that, and so anyhow, it was just the medicine speaks to you, and it kind of just tells you, like like if you ask questions, it'll just answer in that way and and you just know ultimately, like it's all love and it's all part of this life experience. And I feel like now I'm.
Speaker 2: At that place.
Speaker 3: I know, maybe too soon, but I'm so grateful to have had that experience, to have had that experience of like feeling all those feelings, going to the depths of the ocean and experiencing new sites, sounds, conversations, and then that being yanked for me was so hard. But knowing that it's out there, that it's still there and I can still tap into the depths of the ocean, it's just not going to look the same and that's okay, okay, and that's okay. So anyway, I'm like, ah, I know, I just rambled about hope, but it's true, and like it's so cool though.
Speaker 2: I find that stuff so interesting and I'm so curious about it. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, we can, like we should, Yeah, let's too hoppy, and then we can talk, we can have an episode about our experiences. Because like just a quick little like side note to Hoppy's. I remember once I did hop a. I think it was like earlier this year, one time with Mike and for sure, and I was going through a really hard time and I forgot why I was going through time. But anyhow, I just felt alone. I felt really alone in life in general, and so she gave me Hoppy. And then the first thing I thought of, because I everybody can get intentional in their own way, I get intentional with God because I still have that belief in God, and so I'm like, God, I just feel so alone. I feel so alone. And right as I said that, it was the weirdest thing. My eyes were closed and I felt this like warm energy circle surrounding me, and it was almost like an energy hug like like and I just felt and I knew that, like my you weren't alone. I was not alone, like there are It's just like a spiritual like lineage ancestors, whatever you want to call it, spiritual team was just there and they were like, hey, we love you and we're here. You might not see us physically. Yeah, it was so so powerful. So anyhow, yeah, that was my month, you guys, was just like crazy, just the like the highest of the highest, an emotional rollercoaster. Yes, yes, having so much fun with friends, traveling to like the depths of the.
Speaker 2: Lowest ocean of the ocean trench girl. Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was it was rough, but it was definitely needed. And I'll I'll just I'll just take it from here, you know what I mean. I'll just take it from here and and go from there. So anyhow, all that to say though, too, is I was so fully in and so fully invested to this that I actually deleted my dating apps. And I've never done that, you guys like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I've always just.
Speaker 3: Like snoozed them and then uninstalled so that I can easily get back in.
Speaker 2: That with Jayden. Like you said, You've never You've always just pausitive.
Speaker 3: And remember I was like, wait, should I delete it? And they're like hey, and I'm like no, Yeah. Anyhow, I deleted my fucking apps for this guy because I thought it was just we're done.
Speaker 2: This is it? This is excited. I Yes, I I saw you when I was like on that high, you know, and any who.
Speaker 3: But I think honestly though too, that was also like life telling me like, hey, I need you to do this, and I need you to put pause on dating right now. So I mean next month, you guys probably won't like, I probably won't have a dating life update for you because fine, yeah, I probably need to fucking chill yes on that side of things, you know, and just kind of really hone into my energy and just focus on me girl. But any who, Yeah, I know that was kind of a little a law as far as but AnyWho, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was good and all the best ways and horrible and all the best ways.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So AnyWho, anyhow, let's end it with saying we need to do hopping.
Speaker 2: Yes. When we don't, we'll report back, yes, and we'll just.
Speaker 3: We'll have a hoppy episode.
Speaker 2: Does this count like as a drug on a drug test?
Speaker 3: No? You know what's so funny is I actually thought about that this week too. I was like, wait, if it works listening, am I going to get in trouble? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, you know, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I thought the same thing. I'm like, wait, shit, is this like considered an illegal drug.
Speaker 2: But no, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's too bad it's and it's not for like, it's not for like, oh, not getting high. Yeah, yep, it's like honestly like a medicine to help you tap into like your spiritual side of life and just really you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so great, not illegal at all at all whatsoever.
Speaker 3: The government does not consider this illegal perfect, so we're we're good on that part for sure.
Speaker 2: But you guys, thanks for like bearing with us as we talk about probably our longest episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're like at an hour twelve wow.
Speaker 2: Yeap. Hopefully you guys lasted. Yeah, we had a good time, just gabin just catching up. Yes, we really needed this. Yes, thanks for listening. Thanks guys, We'll see you next week. We'll see you next week. By bye. All right e bessies, that's it for this episode of the Wine and Wine Podcast.
Speaker 1: Don't leave us hanging, like, subscribe and follow or else we'll drink all the wine without you, kidding.
Speaker 2: Kind of, And hey, tell a friend they need be besties too. Bye