Speaker 1: Well, thanks for hanging out with us on a Thursday. Man, you get to Thursday late in the day like this, you're in the five o'clock hour, That means good stuff is right around the corner. We're gonna have some fun. We're gonna play a little game show here momentarily called The Price Is What. But before that, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basins week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Oh Boy.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, around two point thirty pm, former Dallas cowboy Greg Hardy was arrested booked into jail on a charge of assault causing bodily injury to a family member one thousand dollars bonds. He's playing Nintendo Switch to right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you know which family member?
Speaker 4: I don't. The details are not very clear yet. In Richardson too, I would like to know was this down the street from me? Was it on the East Side? Probably because you know, you guys as the East Siders, you know, you guys know, yeah, yeah, we came clean living on the West side. Not a lot of domestic stuff. But on the east side.
Speaker 1: We grew up on the crime riddled streets of Richardson, you know, we came up. You know, it was really a gang land. Yeah, especially over there by Spring Park, which is why we're so gangs to this day. But you weren't there kidnappers just running through your neighborhood all the time. Yeah, I had a guy, I had a couple of crazy things happening. Yeah, we had the helicopter. The guy was hiding in the creek. You know, that's common, common stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Stop, go back.
Speaker 1: You just said we had the helicopter, you know, the guy hiding in the creek, and then you just moved on like that made sense.
Speaker 4: No, it's like a helicopter was trying to find the guy hiding.
Speaker 3: In the creek. Okay, that's better detail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's tough. Yeah, how's your yard doing. I'm glad you asked. Very nice getting that in before the rain. Yeah, I mean it's a it's an adult.
Speaker 1: Move before knowing the details of the Greg Ellis situation. Huh, I would like Greg Hardy situation. Oh my god, poor Greg Ellis. Greg Ellis just drove off the road. He's babysitting Mac Brown's kids.
Speaker 4: When you said that, you at the very least need to write him a handwritten that's fair.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: I would like to say and all of his family members that I believe that same sex violence within a family is okay as long as there's not a murder, that fighting McMahon's.
Speaker 3: I just think brothers should be able to punch each other. Okay, it could be. It could be brothers.
Speaker 1: If there's a female involved, that's obviously terrible different And like, I just think about what a terrible person I am in terms of where I you know, I love the Cowboys, and I remember when they got Greg Hardy, and I'm like, it's okay, he's changed, I think, and he's gonna be fine. He threw a lady on a pile of machine guns. I know I wasn't there, were you there? I mean, I don't really know what happened. I know we really need an edge rusher, right, I'm such as I'm a trashy human man.
Speaker 3: I was willing to look past all that for him. And this is the least surprising news ever.
Speaker 1: I think that it wasn't so much that that was bad, was that you immediately wanted to do a weekly show with him.
Speaker 3: Does having him on seems like a great guy.
Speaker 4: Now today he's talking about his UFC aspirations as well.
Speaker 3: You promote that.
Speaker 1: That is a big problem though with sports talk is hey, man, I immediately need to have an opinion on something I don't really know that much about or the details of. And then as soon as you're a white guy talking about a young African American in a disparaging way, it's like, oh, all right, I see what you're about.
Speaker 3: Like, well, I mean, no, it's tough, you know.
Speaker 4: Twenty fourteen fifteen when that was going down was a it was a strange time too. I mean, the NFL was dealing with the Ray Rice thing, and then we got Zeke and we saw how much that I mean, we got to learn a lot about seventh day strict chord appelle, like all these words. You didn't really know if you can go to law school for this, And then they'd try to guess to book lawyers on and then they would be boring to us too. You really didn't understand what they were saying because they were using big words.
Speaker 3: Are you guys gonna tell you about the labor situation?
Speaker 4: But uh, Greg Hardy it was weird because Jason Garrett was like probably not on board. We all like to zoom, like probably didn't love that. But twenty fifteen, dude, twenty fourteen and twenty sixteen, you look.
Speaker 3: How close the cowboys were. I get it.
Speaker 4: And if TONI r almost collarbone would have stayed in place in.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen, shouldn't have been and uh, okay, so but but it was it was him throwing a woman onto a pile of machine guns, right allegedly allegedly that that was the story allegedly and it was a lady that liked automatic weapons a pile of machine guns. Yeah, like that's just a weird story in general, Like it's domestic violence, not okay, never should have even considered having him, but also onto a machine gun pile? Is it the real story there? That he was probably an arms dealer.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Was he licensed to sell those guns?
Speaker 4: Twenty sixteen, he was arrested in Richardson for felony possession of a controlled substance. I remember that twenty sixteens. That's a year after he was here, because he's just hanging out in Richardson.
Speaker 3: That was right before he became an MMA fighter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but true in truth, in fairness, we don't know anything about this, Okay. So to Skin's point, like, this could be something as simple as him and his brother, who's the exact same size, were wrestling. Someone panicked and called the police, and yeah, they were like, I'm sorry, we have to do this.
Speaker 3: Such a small bail would be an indication.
Speaker 1: That there's maybe the judges like, yeah, this probably shouldn't have happened. Yeah, could be or could also be just on his own recognitive and also like, I didn't see how many sacks did he have last.
Speaker 3: Year, ten years after he was out of the league.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, come on, Ernie, come on man, his sacks now come in the ring, not on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh is he still fighting? Probably? That's dope.
Speaker 1: That a lot of thanks, Jerry, Thank you, Jerry.
Speaker 3: All right? Coming up next, Katie, where are you gonna take us? Well?
Speaker 4: I would like to break out a game that we haven't played in a long time. Can you get closest without going over?
Speaker 3: Next