Speaker 1: Let's do this, Let's do it, Let's do it, hit it, hit it.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He right, Ryan go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: Wake you wake your hands off, Snaky Rod Ryan Shows.
Speaker 2: Check it in. Free beer Friday. Thank you Specs. I got beer for you coming up, six, seven, eight and nine. Big morning for Jeff. Of course we had to be here for him. He's going for win number five, fresh out of head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Boy Chilly put a good price in there.
Speaker 2: Post malone tickets at seven twenty. Jerry cantrub tickets at eight twenty. Last day of one thousand dollars alternative income. We'll give you a shot at that at nine ten. Of course, after we give away that fourth case of beer, we'll open up the phones.
Speaker 1: Open phones Friday.
Speaker 2: Last thing we do will be Ultimate super Car Driving Experience. That's where you can drive the fast cars. I got you and a guest go into this thing. If you are the winner on Know the show. Oh yeah, let's squeeze in a world premiere today, eight twenty World premiere brand new music from Disturbed.
Speaker 1: I'll hear it for the first.
Speaker 2: Time with you guys, it's called I Will not break new music from Disturbed Exciting. Okay, well, Alice is probably gonna be talking about all this stuff. Ten percent chance of rain today, cloudy skies, we might get up to forty one.
Speaker 3: What are Houston's headlines over there? Good morning, Rode, Good morning, after one. We've got another chilly day ahead of us, with temperatures dropping to near or below freezing for most of the state. It won't be as cold as yesterday, but windchills could still dip into the upper teens. A cold weather advisories in effect until noon today. This weekend, expect widespread showers that are going to build throughout the day tomorrow and into Sunday morning before temperatures start to warm up at the beginning of next week. The US Senate confirmed Cash Patel as the new director of the FBI with a narrow fifty one to forty nine vote yesterday. Patel is a known loyalist to President Donald Trump and has previously criticized the FBI and expressed intentions to implement significant changes within the agency. Pattel's background includes roles as a public defender, prosecutor, and positions within the National Security Council and Defense Department during Trump's first term. Spring Break is right around the corner for a lot of Americans, and Triple A is revealing the top spots that people are going to be heading to this year. The Sunshine State dominates the US destinations, with Orlando, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami all being in the top of it o the top ten of their rankings. Internationally, eight of the top ten cities are in Europe, with Rome, London, and Paris at the top three on that list. Cruises are also at an all time high. Triple A is estimating that nineteen million Americans are going to go cruising this spring break.
Speaker 1: I will not be going anywhere for spring Break. Not going anywhere nowhere, Okay.
Speaker 3: All nine betting sites are already giving odds for who will headline the twenty twenty six Super Bowl halftime show. The online Betting Guide says that Miley Cyrus and Chapel Rohon are the current favorites, with sixteen point seven percent chances for either of them to be the headliner of next year's Super Bow half timis show, followed by Oasis, Christina Aguilera and Sabrina Carpenter. I feel like it's a like a negative chance that Oasis would headline this day.
Speaker 1: They won't do it. He would just be like, Oh, this is it.
Speaker 2: They're all coind of football.
Speaker 3: Yeo, Yeah, that sounds just like yeah, wank is. That's what he would That's what he would do. I would bet no band has had more number one singles on America's Billboard Alternative Charts than Red Hot Chili Peppers, and now they're looking to make some cash off of that. After selling more than one hundred and twenty million records since nineteen eighty two, the band has put a price of three hundred and fifty million dollars on their entire musical catalog. The band report of that owns the rights to all thirteen of the studio albums that they've put out, which brings in around twenty six million dollars a year. Sources say that Peppers are close to reaching a deal with Warner Music Group for their catalog. For comparison's sake, Sony paid four hundred million for Pink Floyd's catalog back in Uh whenever they did that, I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't have the date on that.
Speaker 3: And then Queen's got one point two seven billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and we don't know that those numbers are even real by what somebody said they got. Yeah, Chili Peppers, is there a rumored to mount what was it?
Speaker 3: Well, they're sally for three hundred and fifty million is what they're at? Fifty Okay, So I assume you're gonna get your asking price, right, Chili Pepper should get Chip Peppers?
Speaker 2: Would they'll get that? All right?
Speaker 1: I was up late, I got caught up in the hype.
Speaker 2: I know you were upset about it. USA does not come away with a win yesterday. Yeah, against Canada.
Speaker 3: They lost to Canada three two in overtime in the final of the Four Nations Tournament.
Speaker 2: It was a really good game.
Speaker 3: Canada's goalie saved the day for them and that was pretty much it. So we congrats to Canada on winning the All Star Game. And basketball Rockets return from the All Star break tonight. They're gonna host the Timberwolves at the Toyota Center at three and a half point favorites heading into this one. Tip offs at eight thirty, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety Astros are gonna play their first spring training game tomorrow afternoon. They're going to face the Nationals down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitches at twelve oh five. Can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And the US women's national team beat Columbia two nil last night and the She Believes Cup. I know we had some listeners that went out to that and braved the cold weather, and at least one US team came away with a win last night.
Speaker 2: But that's what's going on in sports. Here we go, four hours of pain starts right now. You want the first phone call, well, then you'll be the first beer winner of the day. It is free Beer Friday. Strap yourselves in. The most interactive show on the radio. Starts right now. On the way we go.
Speaker 4: Bam Friday. You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: Right Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: And right Bam Friday, and right free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Ryan, Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello. Oh no, come on, it's Friday.
Speaker 2: Come it's Friday. Hello, you son of a bitch? What is your name? Hello?
Speaker 1: Bob here I can hear you can't?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What are you doing to me?
Speaker 1: What are you doing to me? Right now?
Speaker 6: I'm giving you all my bad vibes.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, listen, Let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 2: Okay, my friend, my friend Captain Cash, he uses at Let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: Let's let's try this all over again.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan show.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 7: This is day that?
Speaker 2: How's it gone? Dude? Is going so great? Man, I'm having a perfect morning. Everything has gone perfectly so far. Listen, I'd like to inform you your calor number ten? Would you like that first case of beer today?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: My god?
Speaker 9: Are you can? I would love that first start from like superb.
Speaker 2: Yes, all we needed was a little reset you and I, David, That's all we needed. And look how we and look how look how great we're getting along?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Dude? Where are you from?
Speaker 1: I feel like we're best friends. Where you're from? David?
Speaker 2: I am from to be right now?
Speaker 1: All right, my brother will listen.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for starting out the show. We got our act together. You got a case of beer. I want you to have a great I want you to have a great weekend, my friend.
Speaker 1: And stay warm, okay, and stay warm and dry.
Speaker 2: Stay warm.
Speaker 7: When I got my little countdown, walk that buckshead.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't wait for those fast Thank you, David, have an awesome weekend. See, you just got to keep it together, Alex Lessons learned. I hope you're off to a great start to your day again. Stupid cold, stupid cold. I don't think are we gonna hit forties in I don't know, nobody knows. The thing that saved us yesterday is that we were hoping if the clouds move out, sun comes out, boom, we'll get into the forties.
Speaker 1: Actually, wasn't so.
Speaker 2: Bad outside yesterday with the sun out. Saturday seventy percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid forties. Sunday seventy percent chance of rain. Come on, warm up, a little bit of the fifties. Had a great day yesterday. We announced the rod Ryan Show Charity golf Open for Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Seventeen teams came in. Seventeen teams came in. Sixty eight people signed up yesterday, so I need seventy six more players. That's nineteen more teams. So halfway in one day. I heard Willie's ice house came in. How great is that hole? They come out, they cook, they're the best. I heard it past the gravy whole sponsor came in. That is that, bro Brad. That's awesome that that all happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, immediately sixty eight people signed up to play golf yesterday.
Speaker 2: That is come.
Speaker 1: I know, Gronk it was.
Speaker 2: That's a great day, all right, Chillie, pump it up to the top. We need to get this golf tournament sold out and then I'll just focus on sponsorships and getting stuff donated.
Speaker 1: For the auction and all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Got a Hall of Fame situation here with Jeff. I got to take a break. We'll get him on.
Speaker 1: He's nervous.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think Jeff had such a great game yesterday. He's been kind of just running through he has and the game yesterday proved that he can get it done today. So Jeff is got a great chance.
Speaker 1: I don't want to jinkson.
Speaker 2: It's got a great chance to go into the Hall of Fame today. Let me take a break. We'll get Jeff on and we'll get you calling in and then we'll see what's gonna happen with the fresh.
Speaker 10: Out of bed head to head challenge Houston's alternatives and.
Speaker 8: Tell him at the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: On this three Beer Friday, we got one case of beer out the door, little rocky start, but then we turned it around immediately getting set up with the fresh out of bed head to head coming up. Big morning for my name is Jeff. Yeah, it's a big morning for him. I think he's gonna pull it off.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the.
Speaker 2: Rain is gonna be a problem today. It's just stupid cold outside. Tomorrow and Sunday seventy percent chance of rain. Neat, Yeah, come on, neat. But I mean we're gonna get out of the freezing temperature, so it shouldn't be frozen rain. Does the rain know about Marty growth? No, the rain that brain doesn't give af I'm still going what's trending?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 2: I feel good when we're talking about things. You and I are getting together, we're putting together Houston's headlines. The stuff that trending is stuff that we're talking about. A lot of people say we got our finger on the pulse.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like we know what we're doing here.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately, that hockey game last night is one of the big you won the you won your sport congratulations.
Speaker 3: You can say a country instead of having to become a fifty first state whatever, man neat congratulations is the winning the All Star Game? Oh yeah, he Canada beat the US three to two in overtime.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Cash Totel also trending. He is now the new FBI director. He was was it confirmed on a fifty one to forty nine vote yesterday, So I was pretty close and I'm sure the View is going to talk about that after the show's over. Your day, Oh ye, your big view fan. Also trending is deep vein thrombosis spurs second year phenom Victor wimben Yama is going to miss the remainder of the NBA season with that diagnosis. I believe that's like a blood clot in his shoulder. But everybody it was called deep vein thrombosis, so everybody had to go google what that meant to try and like talk about it. So I also googled that and learned a little bit about it. It was confused but deep vein thrombos is also trending on that by the bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: My name is Jeff.
Speaker 11: I am your fresh out of bed head to head four day champion, and I just took out Kenny the cash Man, who's an eight time Hall of Famer, So I know I got a pretty big bull on my back right now. Join me on free beer Fridays. I make it win number five and finally get into that Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Bitch is seven one three two one two five nine four five. I mean just killers only today.
Speaker 1: Killers.
Speaker 2: You're not a killer, wait to call us on Monday. Yeah, but if you're a killer, I need you today, Rod Ryan Show all right, Adam par up on them on ninety four The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz. That's bad omens And let's just pretend. Okay, I'm just gonna pretend. I'm gonna pretend I'm in a good mood. Uh. After that hockey game, I'm talking about it with Hal over here. It just didn't go the way we wanted to last night.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: We're off to a great start here this morning, and I don't want to do anything I don't want to bring Jeff down. As a matter of fact, I just want to get into the game right now. The weather, the weather's weathering, and.
Speaker 12: Now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: I live it, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Let's call Jeff Lauren, let's do us.
Speaker 2: Let's go going for the Hall of Fame. Great game yesterday, dude, finally got squared, finally got your squared away on your victory speech. So we got all that you are taking on now. I said I only wanted killers. Calling in Shane, I'm assuming you're a killer. I'm gonna, Oh Jesus.
Speaker 1: Shane, what killer has ever said? I'm just gonna give us an.
Speaker 2: Holy college try.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sorry, you're right, just here for a good time.
Speaker 2: Just said, hell yeah, I'm ready, Rod.
Speaker 1: You need a killer shooting for a pickaxe today, Rod Shane's It's like, why did I even call these jerks?
Speaker 2: Shane.
Speaker 1: I'm happy you're on. I am am. I understanding that you're a fresh fish.
Speaker 11: Fish whoa.
Speaker 2: Okay? If I going for him, you're fresh. We got to take the piss OUTI a little bit. You've never ever played the game. I asked for killers. I got me a fresh fish here, and Alex has this for you. Come on, get in the boat.
Speaker 13: Fish.
Speaker 2: Come on and get in the boat.
Speaker 14: Fish, fish, Come on and get in the boat fish, Get in the boat.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get in the boat. Shane.
Speaker 2: Ready, that was a flow response.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't like the start we're having in this game, Shane.
Speaker 2: I need you to shout out your name when you think you know the answer, wait for me to call on you, and then give me the correct answer. You need to say your name before Jeff does. Who's pretty fast. Have you heard any of his games?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 5: Okay, this guy?
Speaker 2: What you just wake up and call randomly? You just move here?
Speaker 12: I actually did just move here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, I knew it had to do something that's cool.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here, dude. It doesn't sound like it. I promise. I'm glad that you're here.
Speaker 2: I promise. Okay, So do you know how to play the game?
Speaker 11: Though, yep, I got you.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Could you run through those rules again for me?
Speaker 2: Please? Now answer, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, yeah, yeah, yeah, and then wait for me to call on you. Now the Lumine Years are coming here on October tenth. Tickets go on sale today at ten o'clock. I don't remember if Chili has ever put win them before they go on sale. Tickets into the fresh out of bed head to head. I don't know if you need any extra motivation, Shane, but these tickets aren't even on sale yet, and that's what we're giving away, Shane. Sweet sweet Sugar, Shane, shout out your name, Jeff. You do the same. Here are the questions Hall of Fame game. Here we go. Question number one, what type of cookie do you typically get after eating a Chinese Jeff, fortune cookie? After you get done eating a Chinese meal, you do get a fortune cookie. Will see how that went, sugar, Shane. That was fast? Yeah, sure was Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a poor guy. He's like, why they just believe me?
Speaker 2: When I did I even think of calling Shane. I'm glad you're here, Shane. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number two a E. I oh, Jeff Bowels and you.
Speaker 1: Are going into the Hall of Fame. Those are fowels. Say you get that those are bowels? That's not what I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not what I did. Very creative, Shane. Yes, sir, that sucked.
Speaker 1: Shane.
Speaker 2: You made me smile today. I mean, Shane, you're on a thirty day probation, not because you did anything wrong. You just didn't win and you gotta wait thirty days to play again. Would you ever dream of calling us up and playing this game again? I'm coming back. Maybe try another game, you know, Shane, have an awesome day. I really do. Hope you call back and play.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll do all right, dude, Thank you, thank you. Now can we celebrate Jeff Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Finally?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 2: Finally you've been playing for a while, huh, and you're finally getting into that hole the fifth time on Reach day five. I did not know that. Yes, Holy, I didn't want to bring it up. That is kind of something that you'd like to keep to yourself until you get that off your back. Dude. Congratulations, man, five times he's been he's been.
Speaker 1: Denied on that last game.
Speaker 2: Well you're happy about sugar, Shane for sure, dude it congratulations. Enjoy all the prizes, all the tickets that win them before they go on sales, and the T shirt.
Speaker 1: I'm sure in there. There you go. Hall of Fame Today. Whoa ninety four? Five the butt?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five? The Buzz? Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's a funny game. It's a funny gay and I liked it. I like that that game that we just played, fresh out of bad head to head, Hey, that was three doors down in kryptonite.
Speaker 1: This is your rod Ryan Show Free Beer Friday Edition.
Speaker 2: That means it's Fanny Friday for your Instagram feature. Guys, great job yesterday on the golf tournament. We sold a ton of foursome's. We're about halfway sold out, halfway sold out one day.
Speaker 1: The golf tournament was announced yesterday. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. I could use your help by taking a look at that link on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page Thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 1: And we got a speech. He deserves it. A fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning everybody.
Speaker 15: My name is Jeff, and I finally punched it through not so fun fact. I'm lost on game number five four times. But guess what I'm in, baby.
Speaker 11: I am You're fresh out of bed Head to Head Hall of Fame member number three for twenty twenty five. Side note, I hope Sugar Shanan calls back in thirty days. At the end of the years, I just may take it all bitches.
Speaker 2: There's a song out there. Hell, how does it go? I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like a song? I don't know, but I liked it. There's a good lie. It's remind me. It's giving me some shame vibes this morning.
Speaker 2: I would not have told anybody either if I had gone to Game five four previous times. Yeah, it's funny that he withheld I'm like, I'm not even mad that he withheld that information from us. All right, what are we doing next?
Speaker 14: Jess?
Speaker 2: The fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of her buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. What am I doing asking hell music questions? I'll just text your wife.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's that's what I did. I'll text Mama Cash. She'll know exactly who did that song?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 2: It brought us to new fun facts for you guys, and then we'll do the flashback Friends Staying in the Air and there Our Friends is the most popular show that people in other countries watch to help themselves to learn English.
Speaker 1: The Simpsons is number two. Yeah, gee, funny, Chili.
Speaker 2: What television show do you credit with helping you the most learning the English language?
Speaker 17: And you were in Guatemala, uh and Guatemala didn't watch much. But here was a teenage meeting Ninja turtles bunga dude.
Speaker 1: Oh so you started watching that here and that's what helped you learn the language.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 17: As the first pickup line I used on a girl, Oh really, caw bunga dude.
Speaker 2: What was the success rate of that? Hell buzz Aldron. Buzz Aldron's mother's maiden name was Moon. That is fun. Who that's great?
Speaker 1: Cool that buzz Aldrin.
Speaker 2: You know the guy that went up to the moon, second guy to walk on the moon, first guy to piss his pants on the moon.
Speaker 1: Though sick, I'm full of fun facts.
Speaker 2: That I listened. Bonus, there was some sort of a malfunction in it all ran down his leg, didn't run up his leg?
Speaker 1: Oh good call fancy ketchup. You ever see that listed on.
Speaker 2: A bottle all the time.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only kind of ketchup. It's an actual us D, A grade.
Speaker 2: That's neat and fancy ketchup happens to be the highest grade. Ketchups are rated on color, consistency, defects, and flavor. I am now going to start buying nothing but fancy ketchup.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that's in the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart in front of your body. It's the fuck that's of the day. Okay, uh Alabama Shakes September twenty sixth seven three sick Hall.
Speaker 1: It's your fun back.
Speaker 2: Yussain Bolt ate about one hundred what every day at the two thousand and eight Beijing Olympics. He said that was a familiar food to him. He knew his stomach could.
Speaker 1: Handle it, and that helped fuel him. This is exactly the thing. Chile doesn't need to hear this.
Speaker 2: He's eating one hundred of these a day, he credits with fueling him winning those three gold medals at the Olympics. Seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. This kind of thing I don't need to hear.
Speaker 3: It's now time for rockout Winter stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 2: All right there he is. Doesn't know music, but he does know a little thing at too about money.
Speaker 18: How'd you do yesterday? Well, we gave a little back. The dow was down four hundred and fifty points. Kick off this morning a forty four thousand and one seventy six nasdak down ninety three points to nineteen thy nine hundred and sixty two Benchmarin ten, your treasurers trading at a four point four eight percent in oil stands at seventy one dollars eighty cents of barrow to the most actives, the big studs murk am Jen and Verizon. The big duds Walmart, Chase and Goldman Sachs. On the economic calenary. This morning, we'll get numbers on existing home sales for January right now. Futures they're on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm matter who this is Hawlin.
Speaker 18: Manage you director with Raymond James putting for the right Ryan Joe from Raymond James on, Sam Philippe and Gustin do forget toys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Apamian's express are those of alland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nyit AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to ARAM this program as are educational and informational services only. The studs duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 2: By Young Finance ninety four fund the Buzz Welcome back, rod Ryan shooes your fuck back?
Speaker 1: Good morning. Who's on the phone here? I'm welcome in.
Speaker 2: How are you on?
Speaker 19: Thankday?
Speaker 2: Yusain Bolt ate about one hundred of these every day. At the two thousand and eight Bajiing Olympics. He won three gold medals at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a better commercial for these things. What did he eat? Chicken nuggets McDonald's chicken McNuggets one hundred a day and looks like that. Well, look at the guy runs all the time, No wonder. Congratulations you're the winner. I'm gonna give you Alabama Shakes tickets. September twenty sixth seven to one to three Music.
Speaker 1: Hall Man, thanks for being a homeroom. You're awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I never want to thanks to you guys before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time, baby, Thank you, Melissa.
Speaker 1: It's ninety four to five The Buzz, ninety four to.
Speaker 2: Five The Buzz, and Alex was talking about Mark Hoppis yesterday. He's got a Banksy in his possession. I don't have time to get into it, but I love I love Banksy the artist, and it's worth like six million dollars and he's selling it and he's gonna divide the money up and give it to a bunch of different charities.
Speaker 1: Pretty awesome. I saw that story a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of different times yesterday. So again, kind of building on something I said earlier. I feel like we're kind of hitting the right things.
Speaker 1: We're we're talking.
Speaker 2: About the right things. Some of these things that we've talked about, except for this HPD cop I don't know anything about. But he got rearrested. I know you're gonna talk about him. Yeah, he's coming up. We don't really know what the heck's going on with that story, but I saw the Banksy going on sale and for charity. I saw that story all over the place yesterday. Hey guys, we got a busy show for you today, as we always do.
Speaker 1: More beer on the way. I'm gonna give you those post Belone tickets at seven to twenty.
Speaker 2: At age twenty, we're gonna do a Can we listen to some new music?
Speaker 1: Can we please send down?
Speaker 2: We got a world premiere of brand new music from Disturbed. It's I Will Not Break. I know I want to think breaking Benjamin too, so I've already gotten that out of my system.
Speaker 1: It's Disturbed, I Will Not Break.
Speaker 2: We will listen to that at eight twenty, and then I'll get you some Jerry Cantrell tickets in the eight o'clock hour. And then you guys know it's open phones and that crazy Car the pair of Ultimate Supercar driving experiences for you and your guest.
Speaker 1: Chili's putting those on. Know the show all right?
Speaker 2: I guess I'll let you do it, just because you're talking about the weather already, Alex.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines here? O?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rod, Morning home room.
Speaker 3: We've got another chilly day out of us, but temperatures dropping to near or below freezing for most of the state, it won't be as cold as yesterday, but wind chills could still dip into the upper teens. A cold weather advisory is in effect until noon today. This weekend, expect widespread showers that are going to build throughout the day tomorrow and into Sunday morning before temperatures start to warm up at the beginning of next week. Houston Police Department Captain Darren Blake Edwards is facing two more charges related to child sex crimes, according to authorities. Shortly after his arrest on Wednesday night, HBD announced that Edwards had been relieved of duty pending the outcome of an internal investigation. He was then arrested for or He was arrested for child pornography on Wednesday, and then yesterday was rearrested being after posting bond, and he was charged with two more felonies, aggravated sexual assault and sexual performance.
Speaker 2: Of a child.
Speaker 3: He's currently being held in Galveston County Jail without bond.
Speaker 2: I feel like like what you just said was correct, and that's exactly what we know. That's all we know. Oh disgusting, Yeah yeah, okay, what else?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 1: Happy language Day, everybody, Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, thank you. Happy Language Day.
Speaker 1: Do you know what the most spoken language in the world is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I live in my own idiotic American bubble here. English.
Speaker 3: No, there are two correct answers with native speakers. It's Chinese because there's more Chinese people than in any other group of people.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: And then with total number of speakers, it is English.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: There are over seven thousand languages spoken in the world, but almost half the world's countries have one of just ten as their official language. The most spoken languages are Chinese, Spanish, English, Arabic and Hindi.
Speaker 1: So maybe learn a new.
Speaker 3: Language today, download that dual lingo app and uh and practice that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, want you just go out and learn a new language today.
Speaker 3: Go to a Mexican restaurants in sey Grassius to await triffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, margharita.
Speaker 3: Could Jeff Bezos be in charge of choosing the next James Bond?
Speaker 1: This is interesting?
Speaker 3: Well, Amazon just made a deal to assume creative control of the James Bond franchise, and Bezos has taken to social media to ask people who they think should be the next Double seven. A new Bond movie is probably years away, but there's been plenty of speculation as to who the next Bond will be ever since Daniel Craig retired from the roll Back in twenty twenty one. Some popular names that people have suggested are Aaron Taylor Johnson, James Norton, and Idris Elba.
Speaker 1: I thought that it was a done deal that Idris Elba was the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I guess that was just a rumor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it.
Speaker 2: Just what's that because I kind of thought they had made an.
Speaker 1: Announcement that he was the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kind of seemed like he was campaigning for it, so maybe he pushed that along too. I could see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, to see that, But yeah, James Bond could be anybody again, and Jeff Bezs probably gets to choose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants billionaires controlling everything.
Speaker 3: Chris Bernie, the former Bowling for Soup guitarist, recently shared on Instagram that he now has two less toes on his left foot.
Speaker 1: He said he was nubbing, That's what he called it. He put out a picture of his foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Chilly put it on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: He's the big guitar player, the big guy. Yeah, the big dude. Did you say what the reason was.
Speaker 3: It was a health issue, is what he said. I don't know exactly what that was.
Speaker 2: A lot of times that looks like a thing that, you know, maybe diabetes.
Speaker 1: I beat he is what I would guess. Yeah, I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 3: The fifty five year old posted a picture of his foot with the missing toes and said that health issues in June led to his hospitalization and subsequent withdrawal from performances.
Speaker 1: He retired from the band officially last month. Did did you say Dion Sanders had toes removed? He had three toes removed?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did Prime put out a picture of his feet?
Speaker 3: I would imagine he did, probably to help with recruiting.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, anything to help get those recruits. Well, if you want to see the chubby guy from bowling pursuit down too toes? Nothing, you know, I love a good foot picture, Yeah you do. For those are Houston's headlines, which is okay, I don't know what I love less Canada right now, but.
Speaker 3: They lost to Canada three to two in overtime last night in the final of the Four Nations tournament.
Speaker 1: So whatever.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Canada on winning the All Star Game. Anyways, pretty big of you to even mention that today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very big of me. A lot of people would not have done that.
Speaker 2: No, I think everyone's reporting on you would not have done that.
Speaker 1: Lesser men than me would not have reported. Rockets do return for the All Star Break tonight. They're gonna host the Timberwolves at the Toyota Center. They're three and a half point favorites coming into this one.
Speaker 3: Tip Off is at eight thirty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In baseball, the Asters are gonna play their first spring training game tomorrow afternoon. They're taking on the Nationals down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitches at twelve oh five, and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And in soccer news, the US women's national team beat Columbia two nil last night and this she Believes Cup.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. And I heard back from Veronica. Oh yeah, yeah, she emailed yesterday. She said, good morning, brother Rod. I wanted to send an update. Last night's the USA women's soccer game. We won two and oh two to oh against Columbia. The crowd, The crowd was electric. Over fifteen thousand people cheered in extreme cold weather. I loved every minute of it, making core memories with my daughters.
Speaker 1: I gotta put that picture out so you guys can see it.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, she emailed yesterday and she said she was heading out there. So they look like they're having a good time. You're right, it was cold. All right, guys, that's one hour down. How did that happen so quickly? I got more beer for you. I got post Malone tickets for you. Nobody goes anywhere.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 12: The buzz.
Speaker 1: Feeling so much better.
Speaker 4: Now, Mandy, Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: And right wee Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: And right free Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Ry, good voting, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello, who's this? It's James. We got allowed one here, we got a loud one.
Speaker 1: James, your color number ten. Congratulations, let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you the second case of beer today away from James. Oh Lake, jack Lake, Jackson. Are you you're driving right now. Huh, I am that's all good dude.
Speaker 1: You go you are you on your way to work? Are you working?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 16: I'm just I'm the way to take your kids to school and then I'm gonna call off of work.
Speaker 5: Want a free beer.
Speaker 1: Get kids in the car right now here, shout them out, go home.
Speaker 20: Who's there?
Speaker 2: Who's in the car with you?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 9: My daughter? Appy?
Speaker 1: Say her name again?
Speaker 2: As can you hear that? Absidy? Absidy, Absidy? Okay, I got it, nailed it, all right, thank you, Alex. All right, well, absite just saying hi, James. The beers are for you.
Speaker 1: She's got some time, I'm assuming so she can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well listen, Apsidy, have the best day of school, James, have a great weekend. Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Thank you, Jay. Thanks bro.
Speaker 1: Like Jackson on the beer board, I feel like it's been a little bit.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been a little bit.
Speaker 19: Well.
Speaker 2: I know Alex is talking a lot about this pesky weather that we have going on. I've had enough and it's good. I mean, I think we're all kind of feeling it's enough already. With this coldness. I think we're gonna be in the seventies next week, next week. Today we got cloudies. Guys, It's gonna keep it cold. It's gonna keep it cold. Maybe we'll hit forty today. Uh, tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Rain rainy, seventy percent chance of rain both Saturday and Sunday. He is going to start to warm up a little bit. Oh, here's James on hold all right. When I came in this morning, I was already in a good mood, not because of what happened at the hockey game, in the hockey game last night. Well, but then I got the news that we sold seventeen foursomes yesterday for the rod Ryan Show charity Golf Open benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Seventeen teams in yesterday. That's sixty eight players. That's better than a great start. So we still need nineteen teams. Were almost at the halfway point with being on sale one day. Willie's Ice House came in yesterday past the Gravy Whole sponsor came in yesterday. You came to me. I already talked about starting out in such a great direction. Because we're back at Wildcat Golf Club On Wednesday, April ninth, admiral transfer and rigging our title sponsor again. Thank you do Consisi for coming in like right off the top. Boom got some cash out of them. That helps so much. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Carbock love Street kidding me.
Speaker 2: Of course that's going to be out there Garrazia Italian Kitchen and pair Land is gonna be providing our dinner again. So golfer sign up today. It's gonna sell out. Might not make it the weekend. Actually, it might not make it the weekend. Okay, Don Links and guests. I know you want to go look at that Fanny Friday. It's that damn ice kicker. But I'm not mad at Eli right now. It's friend on. Eli's got the eye of the tiger when it comes to the Instagram features because he's he lives in that world. But he did such a great video for us a week ago. He's a friend Don situation right now. The video he made, the video he made for Mile of Meat was so great that I'll buy him at least like two weeks.
Speaker 1: In a couple days, oh really.
Speaker 2: A couple of days maybe, all right, he's one ice cube away from getting kicked under his home. I just don't want him doing it. Just bend over and pick it up.
Speaker 21: Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we like rock and like alternatives.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you don't like you get suck it.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: On this free beer Friday, I was James from Lake Jackson that just got in on that seven o'clock beer.
Speaker 1: I'll have another case for you straight up at.
Speaker 2: Eight the nine, and then we moved the phones over to open phones Friday. I got post Malone tickets coming up for you in just.
Speaker 1: A little bit, but I thought we'd find out what was trending first. Well, Fanny Friday is trending obviously, I just mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eli did a great job. He's got an eye. He's I mean, he will not bend down, photographer. He will not bend over to pick up an ice cube. He will kick it under his refrigerator.
Speaker 3: He's so busy finding chicks for us to look guy, and I as an ice kicker myself, Come on, that's fine, Renter.
Speaker 1: I am mournest Okay, problem.
Speaker 2: Hard problem, and tell me you don't have hardwood floors in your kitchen when you're kicking ice.
Speaker 1: Cube floors, so it does work absolutely. I also pour oil down the disposal as well.
Speaker 2: I believe that you don't put the ice cube kicker in the same category as the person that doesn't return the cart. It is his house.
Speaker 1: Like the cart that messes with somebody else. This doesn't mess with anybody else.
Speaker 2: It messes with me his house. Yeah, okay for it with you ice cube.
Speaker 3: But shout out to Eli at barbwire stills. Don't even give him follow He's got a bunch of good, stuffy posts. H James Bond also trending. We talked about it earlier in Houston's headlines, but Amazon took over creative control of the Double O seven franchise. Bezos went to the social media's and was like, put you guys wants James Bond.
Speaker 1: Huh what is?
Speaker 2: He bought it because he wants to cast himself.
Speaker 1: As a villain.
Speaker 3: He has to be a villain, because Jeff Bezos does look like a Hello, mister Bond.
Speaker 1: He could be doctor No, right, that was the guy with the cat.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, don't rule it out that he that just so that he could be maybe James Bond. Don't could you do you remember you probably don't because it was such a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be Spider Man or in Spider Man or something, and he tried to do it for a long time, and they.
Speaker 1: Just like, no, the best we can do is free Willie. You're not Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: But yeah, James Bond is trending, and then Zach Martin is trending. Cowboys future Hall of Fame offensive lineman retired. I did see a fun stat about him. He had nine Pro Bowl selections in his career and he had just seven holding calls his entire careator. Oh my, more Pro Bowl selections than holding calls. He's a fantastic offensive lineman, which just proves that nobody was to be in Dallas anymore with what's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's training night by the bus. How did I know you were going to go there?
Speaker 2: How did I know? Well, I'm getting ready, I want to I do want to jump somebody. We could stay warm. I thought we would warm up a little bit, we would jump a bit. But first let's get you calling in post Malone Rodeo, Houston, March eighteenth, seven, one three two two nine four five. Last week when I hit this. Teresa just looked at me because I'm sure she sleeps when we're doing this.
Speaker 1: She said, you're not really doing this, are you? I said, yeah, we're really doing this obvious.
Speaker 2: He said, you're gonna play the song. I go, yes, we're gonna play the song. This is where we jump around every Friday morning. Come on jump with me while you're calling for those rodeo tickets. It's natty four.
Speaker 7: Five to buck.
Speaker 1: Do not adjust your radio.
Speaker 2: You're in the right spot House of Pain, and jump around rod Ryan's show. It must be Friday. It is free beer Friday, Fanny Friday trending this morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you you alive.
Speaker 2: So nothing over a ten percent chance of raining today, cloudy skuys uh. It's like we're gonna stay in the thirties all day, maybe forty degrees today?
Speaker 1: Is are high?
Speaker 2: When I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I don't know what am I God now?
Speaker 2: As much as a seventy percent chance of rain tomorrow, same for Sunday. It's gonna warm up a little bit. You shouldn't have to worry about ice or anything like that. But cold and rainy this weekend, I'm not liking it. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's on the phone?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, who's this Karen? Sorry, I'm a little out of breath. I've been jumping around. Happened, See you're calling you? Did I? Did I call you? Or did you call me? Where am I at with this?
Speaker 5: I called you?
Speaker 1: You called me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Because I said to call. I said to call.
Speaker 2: I hear that damn House of Pain song and I forget the whole world's spinning ste.
Speaker 1: You're calling number ten.
Speaker 2: I said to call in to win Post Malone Rodeo Houston tickets. I didn't forget you, Mark eighteen.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna shut up. I got until ten o. God, what is your name?
Speaker 2: Karen? Jaren?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 17: Karen with a K?
Speaker 2: It's with k. Okay, it's with a K. All right, Well listen, have a great time at Post Malone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited for you. Have you been to the rodeo and been the shows before?
Speaker 23: I've been to the rodeo, I haven't been to Post Malone yet, and I've never won anything on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to say the last person that got in on the fun Fat flashback with the Alabama Shakestake, and she said that she.
Speaker 1: Had never ever won anything from us before, so.
Speaker 2: Some first time winners. I'm loving this, Karen, I love it. Thank you.
Speaker 13: I've been listening to you all since Travis de Lightley was on there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so excited. I was gonna guess that you were like twenty five years old, to be honest with your geez. You sound very you sound very, very young. Thank you so much for all those years. I appreciate it. I'm so happy you finally won with us.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me, Okay, have a great weekend, bro, I'm thinking about Well, I can't do it here, damn it. It's only available in New York and LA.
Speaker 1: What do you remember?
Speaker 2: I think it was your iPhone. They were running a commercial, and I think their whole thing was there's an app for that. Yeah, it was a commercial that they were running a couple of years back. We may have finally hit a point where there really is an.
Speaker 1: App for everything.
Speaker 2: There's a private security service called Protector. It just hit the app store this week. Street name Uber with guns. I like that, bro. We could roll up at our gigs, like, can you imagine if we all got out of like a car on Friday before mile of Meat, the party and the guys get out of the car and they're all strapped. That's pretty sad. Armed bodyguards you can order them on Uber or I'm sorry, you can order them on an app now, yeah, yeah, yeah. The app is called Protector for one thousand dollars. Starting at one thousand dollars, you can get an arm You can have an armed guard pick you up and shuttle you around in an escalade for five hours.
Speaker 1: Can I get the bodyguard like to beat up people that I want?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I think he'll he'll.
Speaker 2: You know, he's looking at me wrong. He's looked at me wrong. See that guy. I think they'll help out if they're needed. I mean, that's the whole point of having an armed guard pick you up. They're either retired law enforcement or their active duty. The app was it was announced last year just get but they put out a video and this is where they're kind of this is how I kind of found out about this. They put out a video last month and it showed what could have happened if the that gun down CEO, if they would have been using them. Oh, he would have been more protected. Who wants to walk around every day with these people?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: I have found bodyguards yees, but it's only available in New York and LA right now. You have to to get the app Protector. It's one hundred and twenty nine dollars annual fee and then it starts with one one dude and an escalade for five hours one thousand dollars. You can have a motorcade up to three escalades. That's what I want.
Speaker 1: Did they have the cool like veenders with the gun holster?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: I want that to be required? Like do you to pay extra for that? Is there like a there.
Speaker 2: Might be a drop down menu for specifically where they hold your black version of it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I want the guns on the outside. I want people to see them, biggest guns. I want three escalades the next time I roll up like Marty Grog Galveston, Like I want to roll up. Yeah, And I guess I would be in the middle escalade because you want the one in front and the one behind you are flanked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might want to be flanked, but you also might want to be in the front one or the back one. Because then like if anybody's gonna get you, they're gonna think you're in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of one. Brett Michaels looks over, who's this jackass? Like, I get ain't getting on stage and announcing me? So why she comestack to my bodyguard? Brett?
Speaker 1: All right, well listen, I'm sorry it's not even available here.
Speaker 21: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four, five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz our Pals, Shine Down and Dead Don't Die. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. On this Free Beer Friday, Thank you Specs for helping us out with the beers for free Beer Friday. Cloudy skuys today is what's really gonna be the big difference between yesterday and today. Yesterday, those clouds moved out, the sun came out, it warmed up quite a bit. It wasn't so miserable being outside today. I don't think we're gonna get I don't think we're gonna get that. I think it's just gonna stay cloudy, which is gonna keep it cold to work. Would be lucky to hit forty degrees today. Seventy percent chance of rain tomorrow, Yeah, seventy percent chance of Rain on Sunday, Come on seventies next week. All right, Alex, I feel like I feel like you're an Emily Blunt guy. Yes or no? Really, So it's not like something that like top tier for you. I feel like Emily Blunt could be something that you would be super excited about.
Speaker 1: I'm a John Krazinski guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, you're more into her husband.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 2: Jennifer love Hewitt birthday today or Emily Blunt birthday tomorrow? Who do you pick?
Speaker 1: Emily Blunt, Emily Blunt or.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Love Hewitt. I'm looking at both. Emily Blunt. See, I thought so Blant. You're not saying no to either. You're insane to go past. Jennifer Love Hewett on that, Jennifer Love Hewittt's forty six today. We're also celebrating Emily Blunt's birthday on the Looking at Growth Birthday.
Speaker 1: She's a little younger, she's forty two.
Speaker 2: Here's a little fun exercise for you to day if you go to the Looking at Girls blog page. I have I have I'm Andre the Giant's daughter, and I have Rowdy Roddy Piper's daughter, okay, and I want you to see if you can tell whom who came from who?
Speaker 1: This one giant and one wearing So I want to see if you know.
Speaker 2: There's a little exercise for you on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: So you can go and you yeah you can can you do you think you got it? Definitely?
Speaker 2: Do you think you got it? You think Andre's daughter's.
Speaker 1: On the right, and I would say she's gonna left. It's cool that they're hanging out.
Speaker 2: That's cool that Andre the Giants and Roddy Roddy Pipe, Rowdy Roddy Piper's daughter are hanging out. You go, just Andre the Giant Canadian? He was French, Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were American Canadian. They were watching the game last night together.
Speaker 2: That could have been. Oh, I don't know nothing. That Rowdy was Canadian.
Speaker 1: Ronnie Piper was Canadian, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I learned a lot of Canadians this week, so I could focus my hate on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, the Look at a Girls block page is doing really, really well. There's a lot of great content on there, so make sure you go and you check that out.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock and alternatives The Ryan The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Lincoln Park. In the end, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: O.
Speaker 2: My second mistake of the year. I actually was going to bail on the web page and then I asked, I must have sent it to Chili.
Speaker 1: Gary sends me an email.
Speaker 2: Come come with a kick drum, Gary and Gary with the kick drum and Gary, okay, I can't help myself. I'm sorry, can't control myself around Gary's tap tap tappy, brother Rod. Three things you must see today? Is it two things today? Or am I just not seeing? The third reporter gets hit by a car. Naps are stupid. The end, I only sent two things. It's called three things you must see Today, and I sent two things over to Chile.
Speaker 1: And now Gary with the kick drum.
Speaker 3: He's kicking that drum right now.
Speaker 2: Okay. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there's a movie called The Breakup Chili. I need a favor here, he goes, rolling his eyes. Could I please get a favor in honor of Gary calling me out?
Speaker 17: Garry, you need to worry about other things today.
Speaker 2: It's a it's called three things you must see and there's two things on there.
Speaker 3: Dude, well you must see that we forgot one and that's that's the third thing.
Speaker 1: The earth is off its axis.
Speaker 17: I was making sure I didn't say anything or add anything else, just to see how many people go to that web page and pay attention.
Speaker 1: Gary went to that page.
Speaker 17: All right, So now I will do you that favorite that you asked. You don't even have to say it. I already know what your favorite is.
Speaker 2: In honor of Gary, would you put the scene? Can you find that complete scene from the breakup? Yeah, and it's they're all sitting around the table. If you can yourself.
Speaker 1: You always lived yellow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is that actor's name? That guy?
Speaker 2: Because he was he's been a bunch of st he's been in a ton of stuff and he can sing his ass offlas In Fred Klaus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he could sing.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: This is him and.
Speaker 22: Gary on the kick drump, Come come on the kick drump. Come Come. That's Gary. Come come with the kick drum. Come, come come with kick drum. Gary on the kick drum.
Speaker 2: Come come. That's Gary of the kick drum.
Speaker 5: Go and Gary in the.
Speaker 1: House, come come, come, come, with a kick drump.
Speaker 2: I don't come.
Speaker 1: I'm just not really a kick drum kind of guy.
Speaker 2: John Michael Higgins, he's really talented, he's really funny.
Speaker 1: Let's put that on Three Things you Must See Today? Please?
Speaker 2: All right, I've got you, please and thank you, No, you will thank you Gary with it will be three now, it really will be three Things you Must See Today. Anybody that hasn't seen The Breakup's a really good movie. Tricks didn't like the ending because boiler alert. Now I'll leave it. It's a twenty five year old movie. They don't get back together. Well, the movie's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be called The Breakup.
Speaker 2: They don't get.
Speaker 1: Back together, yep.
Speaker 2: And it didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't tie it up like a nice neat little bow. At the end of the movie movie there's Chilli.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Chili, slap him back with the kick drump.
Speaker 3: There's like five or six scenes in that that are just like all time movie scenes.
Speaker 2: I think so far it's funny movie scenes at least. All right, thank you, Gary in your honor, we're gonna make it three Things you Must See Today.
Speaker 1: Friend comes over and he's just best friends with the X.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines? Please? Morning everyone.
Speaker 3: We've got another chilly day ahead of us, with temperatures dropping to near or below freezing for most of the state. It won't be as cold as yesterday, but wind chills could still dip into the Upperutines. A cold weather advisory is in effect currently until noon today. This weekend, expect widespread showers that are gonna build through the day tomorrow and into Sunday morning, before temperatures are gonna start to warm up at the beginning of next week.
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't see us hitting forty today. Yeah, I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun on that float tomorrow. I'm telling you, I don't care. I am a that's about mart You.
Speaker 2: Prevail, Bro, I'm a Marty grow warrior. You drink a.
Speaker 3: Little, okay, stay warm that way you poble nips here and there.
Speaker 2: You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall, I will be there on that wall. We're not even at the sea wall. I'm just using another movie. But near the sea wall. I will be out there, Okay. I am election. I'm a master of Marty grass In also Marty Gral Maestro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 3: The US Senate confirmed Cash Patel as the new director of the FBI with a narrow fifty one to forty nine vote yesterday. Patel is a known loyalist to President Donald Trump and has previously criticized the FBI and expressed intentions to implement significant changes within the agency. Hotel's background includes roles as a public defender, prosecutor, and positions within the National Security Council and Defense Department during Trump's first term as president. Spring Break is right around the corner for a lot of Americans. Not me, but at a Triple A survey is revealing the top spots that people are going to be heading to this year.
Speaker 1: Where are we're going?
Speaker 3: The Sunshine State dominates the US destinations. Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Tampa Bay are all in the top ten. Internationally, eight of the top ten cities are in Europe, with Rome, London, and Paris as the top three in that list.
Speaker 1: My brother just went to London yesterday.
Speaker 3: Cruises are also at an all time high, with a Triple A estimating that nineteen million Americans will go cruising this spring break.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just Greg McGee.
Speaker 2: Are Oil and gas.
Speaker 1: Greg is out there on a cruise right now, is he He's always cruising. His life is a cruise. His life is just his life is a booze cruise.
Speaker 2: Even when he's not cruising, it is just a booze cruise.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be off for spring break. We're not here. It comes anywhere. I'm going to that number one destination, Florida. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, Yeah, you go to Orlando. I don't think my kid's listening now. She hasn't been told yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, second time. Yeah, he's taking her back lose it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna let I'm gonna tell her today.
Speaker 3: Well, ripd wallet, bro, dude, it must be nice to be a billionaire.
Speaker 2: I lugged onto my bank account and there's nothing left. And I saw what was put on my credit card and I cut.
Speaker 1: A turd in my pants. It is that they put like the little mouse ears on all the zeros that make it.
Speaker 2: A little bit funny.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: It's so expensive. And it's like I still have the book like other things.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: This is for everything, right, Like, no, we're just getting started, do you.
Speaker 3: I know we're doing news but do you use like a travel agent person, like the Disney expert person.
Speaker 2: I tripped on somebody last goal around. I don't mind sharing her with you if you ever go to Disney. She's so great. I just I kind of just found her out of the blue, and she helped me. I can't do this by myself. There are travelings that just specialize in Disney. Yes, she's a she is a specialist. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's so good.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Online betting sites are already giving odds for who will headline the twenty twenty six Super Bowl halftime show. The Online Betting Guide says that Miley Cyrus and Chapel Roone are the favorites at sixteen point seven percent each, followed by Oasis, who is at fourteen percent, then Christina Aguilera and Sabrina Carpenter who are at eleven percent. This was a British betting site to put out these these which makes me feel like that's why Oasis is so high up there. I feel like it's a negative fifty percent chance that Oasis would ever perform the halftime show.
Speaker 1: They he doesn't want to go to the Rock and Roll.
Speaker 2: Hall of fame.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to do anything that people think he should do. The band wasn't the Brothers don't.
Speaker 2: They weren't as big here in the States as they were globally, and that's still a uniquely it's an American event, even though it's watched all around the world. Yeah, they they were. They just weren't big enough. They weren't big enough here in the States to play. So I don't see that happening.
Speaker 1: You know who?
Speaker 2: We need to do it next year? Who shiboozy?
Speaker 1: God, you just played that same song over and over again. It's so quick, it'd be great.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like someone's gonna call and correct me. I feel like Chaperone is just like dropped out of the sky. I'm sure she's been around a little bit, but the fact that her name's being mentioned for the Super Bowl halftime show, it's like, I kind of do this for a living, and I kind of keep up on things that I'm maybe not so so interested in. It's very soon to be mentioning Chapel roam you gotta join the Pink Pony Club.
Speaker 1: Bro Okay, Yeah, to join the Pink pod Club. Chapel gets it thro the road. Sho's been out there working the clubs for twenty years. No, she hasn't, No, she hasn't.
Speaker 3: Cop you know has been the red at Chili Peppers. The band has done more or had number more number one singles on Billboard's American Alternative Charts than the Chili Peppers, and now they're trying to make some bank off of that. After selling more than a one hundred and twenty million records since nineteen eighty two, the band has put a price of three hundred and fifty million dollars on their entire musical catalog. The band report of the owns the rights to all thirteen of the studio albums they put out, which brings in around twenty six million dollars a year. Sources say the Peppers are close to reaching a deal with Warner Music Group for their catalog. So for for comparison's sake, Sony paid four hundred million for Pink Floyd's catalog and then one hundred and one point twenty seven billion for Queens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't even look at that Queen number. You gotta look at something. What do we say? Did Dylan get three hundreds something? And we talked about Bruce Springsteen getting around five, so Chili Peppers three point fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But as a dumb question, they're like, if you make two twenty six million every year and you're trying to get three hundred and fifty to just.
Speaker 2: Like that's it.
Speaker 1: You don't make any more off of that, right, Yeah, why.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you just want to keep getting twenty six million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: There's no guarantee that you're gonna get that twenty six million.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be pretty close to it.
Speaker 2: I would imagine it's gonna fade over time. I guess that's gonna fade over time. So it's it's just about securing generational wealth for your family.
Speaker 3: You don't think they already have generational They do, I mean they do, just keep making that bank.
Speaker 1: But yeah, those are using headlines those.
Speaker 2: Chili Peppers are rich. We don't even know they're from California. They ought wait, you may tell me they're from California.
Speaker 1: No, they are.
Speaker 2: They've never given off any inkling that they could be. I stayed up late to watch hockey game last night. I stayed up really late in.
Speaker 1: The All Star Game. You list in the All Star Game yeah, with overtime.
Speaker 3: Team may Day lost to Canada three to two in overtime in the final game of the Four Nations Tournament.
Speaker 1: Congrats to Canada on winning an All Star Game.
Speaker 3: Neat and basketball Rockets are gonna return from their All Star break tonight. They're gonna host the Timberwolves at Toyota Center. They're three and a half point favorites heading into this game. Tip offs at eight thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In baseball, the Astros are gonna play their first spring training game tomorrow afternoon. They're taking on the Nationals down in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: First pitches at twelve o five.
Speaker 3: You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And in soccer, the US women's national team beat Columbia two nil last night, and the She Believes cuts a shout out to the ladies for being one US team that got to win yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one US team that got it done yesterday. Real US team. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock and Alternatives Alternatives The Road.
Speaker 8: Rast Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety.
Speaker 6: Four or five morning Mony, Mony, Mony, No, here's smooth cousin day is fathery Friday Moon to call you bull song called him Rob Roy cook the phone on them, box of con screaming Cony Boss call it nor from sister.
Speaker 19: Today Monday Friday, Monday, Faye Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 14: You got a free damn Friday.
Speaker 4: You got a free bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 19: And right he bam Friday, damn Friday.
Speaker 14: And right man Friday.
Speaker 2: Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, Hello, Hello, who we got here?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta dress on the line.
Speaker 1: Now, you know I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Andreas and Andres, Andrea, and Andrea and Andreas. I can roll my rs. Andre don't eat Andreas and andre.
Speaker 1: Andre Andrea and free breer Friday, Andreas, you call a number tell us and there's no there's no intenser.
Speaker 20: Awesome man, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 16: This is the first time I ever went something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have remembered you with your little fancy name. I would have remembered if you had won something before.
Speaker 1: Where you're from.
Speaker 2: Oh you just most a clear leg though, OK, all right, dude, but.
Speaker 1: Listen, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start your weekend off with the with the first case of beer. I hope you have many more, but I'll get your started with that first one. Okay, bro awesome, Thank you all right, man, thank you.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Cold today, guys, seventy degree temperatures are coming and being promised to me. They're being promised to me, so I'm passing that along to you. I've been promised seventy degrees next week. I was under the understanding that that would happen. Yeah, I was hoping that it was going to happen a little sooner.
Speaker 1: But it's not.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, on a positive note, haven't seen any mosquitoes? Okay. I was trying to, you know, trying to be a half full glass guy. All right, halfway part of the show, people, we've got a world premiere coming up, world premiere new music from Disturbed. How about that. Let's just like sandwich that into the show. I Will not Break is the name of the song. It's out there, it's out there in the world. I have not heard note one of it. I don't want to hear it until I hear it with my family. You guys, we'll listen to it together. If you want to call in, great, If not, then you can just listen to us talk about it. But it's always good to get your opinions as well. So join us for the world premiere of the new song from Disturbed after the break, and then I'll get you those Jerry Cantrell tickets afterwards.
Speaker 1: Do we even sports blog?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 2: I send some stuff in the morning. When I see it, I know that you were talked about the San Antonio Spurs. Dude, he's gonna be missing the rest of the season. Thank you. I also sent this over to Chili. I don't know if you guys are still doing sports blogs. Did you see that Dodgers picture that got hit?
Speaker 1: You see this or no?
Speaker 3: No not.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell my buddy. I'm gonna tell my sports guy what's going on in the world. I try not to follow anything.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Bobby Miller got drilled in the head.
Speaker 2: By a one hundred and six mile an hour line drive during a spring training game last night.
Speaker 1: Him and standing that picture, Well, he's on the pitcher's mound.
Speaker 2: He's right there, he's got It's where they all stand so he goes down. He was able to walk off the field under his own power, one hundred and six.
Speaker 1: Mile an hour, off the bat ball to his to his to his coconut.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine. So I don't know. I don't have any updates. But he was able to. Like I said, he walked off the field. But you know, baseball, spring training, all that stuff. It's man, it's crazy. I wonder if that messed with Sho Tani's parlay.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm still doing that, huh.
Speaker 3: I won't ever let it go, nor do you let anything go. I'm very petty, you know that, Tom Petty.
Speaker 2: Seventeen teams yesterday said hey, I'm here for you guys the rod Ryan Show charity golf Open benefiting Texas Texas Adaptive Aquatics. I don't know if we got in any more teams today, but it's not sold out yet. Go to the world famous rod Ryan Show page, our blog page and you can sign up right there. As of last night, we had nineteen more teams. It might not make it through the weekend, so let's go all right. We had a couple more sponsors, I mean, Admiral Transfer and Rigging came in as our title sponsor, Carbock Love Street.
Speaker 1: Of course those are going to be flowing.
Speaker 2: Grazia Italian Kitchen and pair Land going to be providing our dinner again. Willie's Ice House came in. That's a party hole. Past the gravy whole sponsor also a party hall. That's a party hole.
Speaker 1: Bro Brad responsible for that. Thank you, Bro Brad, Thank you, what a guy. So the golf tournament might sell out this weekend, don't say rotten.
Speaker 2: You should have talked about it more. I'm talking about it right now. You could not talk about it anymore than you already. I'd love to get you out there. You know it's nothing but a party on a golf course. So please sign up. Sign up now, quick break, we'll come back. Let's do a wreck check. Somebody get Christina Cruz in the batter's box please, and then I need you after her to tell us what's trending. And and then please get that Disturbed lined up to back clean up Rock and Alternative to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz. Yeah, all right, we're gonna get to some world premiere business. We got new music from Disturbed coming up, so don't go anywhere. This is the point of the show where I ask Alex what's trendy? But you know when I saw something, Oh, you have a birthday tomorrow, buddy, No, it's not my birthday.
Speaker 1: When is your birthday March? When is your birthday March? When is your birthday? Twenty second? Is it tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Second?
Speaker 1: Is it tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Month from tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Is it tomorrow? Maybe? I don't like talking about it. It's okay, you're not talking about it. I'm talking about it.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow. You're having a birthday. What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 1: I'm going to hang out with some friends and it's you have six picks. Yeah, so you've got some birthday stuff, little friends, a little drinking, it's a little hanging out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How old are gonn thirty six?
Speaker 2: Thirty six? Yeah, like the not fun side out there. You came to me as a little young fresh twenty six year old. Yeah that I that I stole you from down the hall. This is your tenth year on the show. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: You were twenty six.
Speaker 2: When you got here and you're thirty. You're gonna be thirty six tomorrow, ten years by just like that. Can you believe it just like that.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, happy birthday tomorrow? And why why I hate?
Speaker 2: I can't wait?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Is there a cake and blowing out candles?
Speaker 3: I would love when I can get if I can get through my birthday and no one says the thing to me like that's the best ten of ear.
Speaker 2: I'm so thirty six years old.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait for your six picks this weekend.
Speaker 3: I know that I feel like I'm always getting I always crave attention on everything else, but like birthdays is the one thing that I.
Speaker 2: Hate attention for. All Right, well, let's make sure there's some of that in your six picks when you come off.
Speaker 1: See, I can do Monday.
Speaker 2: I can do. So that's trending. I'll take the first one. Really trending. This is birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Wait, any Friday is trending?
Speaker 3: Yes, continues to trend j Fitz submitted to us by Eli the Ice Kicker. Go check her out at the Wild Finish rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: How was your twin not share the same birthday? That's weird? Is his birthday?
Speaker 3: It's not when his bird is we aged two two times a year. It's like a half birthday.
Speaker 1: Really, it's weird that you guys are twins and you don't sync up on the birthdays. He uses a fake ID. USA Canada is still trending.
Speaker 3: People are talking about the All Star Game that happened yesterday, and then trama Doll.
Speaker 2: Trama Doll is trending. I've been asking you all morning, why why is tramadoll on this list of mine? Because I look up stuff that's trending too to help you out, and I go, dude, tramad all You're gonna have to mention it.
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: I learned that tramadoll was the thing yesterday, But Milwaukee Bucks is Bobby porter Junior.
Speaker 1: Bobby Porters Jr.
Speaker 3: Was suspended for twenty five games for using the drug and it violated the.
Speaker 1: NBA anti drug policy.
Speaker 3: But whenever you're like, yeah, he's suspended because of his use of trama Doll, everybody has to go google what tramad doll Isn't that so it makes it trending.
Speaker 1: So that's just trending. And I never bride the buzz. Okay, I don't know much about this. It's Friday. I'm I mean, I'm not checked out.
Speaker 2: I'm here. I'm here for today's show. It's just Wizard told me that we've got new Disturbed. He said it's really good, and I just said, that's all I need. That's all I need. A e Ayen. You guys have the internet just like me.
Speaker 1: Go look up when this stuffs coming out, when you'll be all find it. Okay, I sound checked out, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I want to hear this song with you guys, and I also I want to take calls. I want you to tell me what you think of the song. This is brand new music from Disturbed. I Will not Break. I will open up phone lines Chili. We will open up phone lines after the song seven one, three, nine four five let's dig in. Hey, it's David from Disturbed.
Speaker 1: Check out our news song I Will not Break. Right now, this is the iHeartRadio World premiere.
Speaker 13: I'm ninety four to five of the buzz.
Speaker 14: Oh wonder would be a lot of criminal, but I don't happen in the day.
Speaker 19: Happen today.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm an like this.
Speaker 14: There's no way to hide this or anyone.
Speaker 3: It wasn't anything but the goal that would.
Speaker 19: Not happen the man today.
Speaker 1: I can't believe enough.
Speaker 2: To be the bod. I am the finding and I am remind.
Speaker 14: Man and everything all.
Speaker 2: I way.
Speaker 14: There's time, you know, man, that's not.
Speaker 16: I will.
Speaker 12: There's time.
Speaker 1: I know many and most.
Speaker 16: To say.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 16: Why am I can know? Man?
Speaker 1: I know feeling everybody, I'm.
Speaker 14: Signing and only hiding from anyone, which is something I'm physical when they're not.
Speaker 2: I even got to play, so was I thought, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I will not be by anyone.
Speaker 2: I already I will not write this.
Speaker 5: I know many.
Speaker 2: I would rights.
Speaker 19: I know.
Speaker 14: Say I say, he is not going to measly say.
Speaker 3: I will, I will, I will.
Speaker 14: I will not, I will not, I will.
Speaker 5: I will not that.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 2: St fucking s ninety four or five Buzz World premiere of new music from Disturbed. I Will Not Break is the name of the song. Did you listen to it pre I had not that I hadn't listened.
Speaker 3: I listen to it with the family, like you always say, and that before and you got mad and I did not doing that now.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of doing it as a music story today. But I liked both music stories that you were doing, and I knew that if you did it as a music story, we were going to kind of preview the song while you were talking about it, So I stayed away from doing that, even though I should have done a better job of promoting that.
Speaker 1: We were going to do the world premiere.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear it again at ten o'clock and then at twelve hour two. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna play it every two hours. I had not even heard note number one of this song. All Wizard told me as he said, Wow, you're probably gonna like it, and he said it sounds like classic Disturbed, who are now out celebrating.
Speaker 1: I'm still a little butt hurt. I'm not going to get this out of the way.
Speaker 2: I'm still a little butt hurt that I think April twenty fifth, twenty sixth, they're playing San Antonio, then they're playing Dallas, and we know these guys, yeah, pretty well. They came in. They did a whole special that turned into be a national broadcast from here.
Speaker 1: When we were talking about a subject.
Speaker 2: Matter that was close in near and dear to the band with one of their singles, I don't know why we're not on that tour, And then I was thinking, Okay, maybe they're holding out for something, But Disturbed as doing their the twenty fifth anniversary of The Sickness, So I'm gonna get that out of the way. I'm still little butt hurt that they're not coming here, Alex. Your thoughts on the song go ahead. Before the show.
Speaker 3: Every morning we crack a smelling salt and it wakes us up and I feel like we just did ten of those listening to this song. If you had told me this was like in the Vault track that they had not released before, okay, I would have believed you and been like, why the hell did ben Out released this?
Speaker 2: This song rock?
Speaker 3: It punches your right in the face from the get go. He does the like screwing screaming he normally the weird disturbed screaming he does. I loved all of it.
Speaker 2: It was badass. David Draymond has somehow preserved his voice. But there's interesting, there's something very interesting in what you said. You said that this could have been like an old song from twenty years ago. Yeah, that's him at his current age singing.
Speaker 1: He's just nailing.
Speaker 2: It's gotta bed. He's got to be mid fifties and his voice, he's a freak. He's a freak that he hasn't lost any voice at all. Listen, sometimes Chili's busy answering the phones. He's got every phone, he's got every line packed, he's got his headphones on.
Speaker 1: He wants to talk about this. I want to hear what he has. Why isn't it your birthday tomorrow? Okay, we'll get into that later.
Speaker 2: It is today. Actually, I just got to get from Disturbed.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you like it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, dude, it's like, you know, like everybody, it's just disturbed. That's what I was introduced to as disturb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 17: I mean, you know, I like the rock. So it's not gonna take much. You got a good heavy guitar, bassline and uh drums.
Speaker 1: I'm good, you know.
Speaker 2: I think Dan the Donagan, the guitar player, I think he's I think he's underrated because I just don't hear his name mentioned a lot. He's a super cool guy, but he always right here, right here. Yeah, he services the song number one. He's a wicked great guitar player. But this is such a tasty guitar solo. Ooh, I wish I had hair right now. He gets in, he gets out, and he didn't mind if I shred real quick, yeah, and then gets in gets out.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, let's get back to the song. It's not about me, but it just it was such a great compliment.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have timed it out better that he did it right there when I was talking about it.
Speaker 1: But Dan, that's a great solo.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Chili.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to the phones here. I really liked it. I really liked it, Dustin, good morning, simply Dustin, dude.
Speaker 2: I loved it, man, brother Rod, how are you I'm doing right now?
Speaker 1: You love that? Yeah? I loved it.
Speaker 2: Man, It's Disturbed. Here's what I wouldn't I cannot accept. And I want you guys always to call and be free with your thoughts. But then I'll be shutting you down. If you tell me that you love Disturbed and then you didn't like this for some reason, you would have to explain that to me, because this really is this is what brought us disturb, This is what all introduced us to the band.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, the the bassline, the bass drum, everything about it was just like beautiful Disturbed. I'm with you, Dustin, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Andrew good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 5: How are you guys doing.
Speaker 1: Better better now with this music on?
Speaker 2: What do you Got? What do you think now? I love it.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's a great, great song that Desert just put out.
Speaker 21: You know, Like Alex said, it just punches you right in the face, and it's just it's one of those songs that you just want to.
Speaker 5: Work out to, you know, And that's what Zach LEWERI is doing.
Speaker 2: Is my workout latest today?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just lift, dude. That might be giving, that might give me on the treadmill that day. Kirk, good morning, good morning, Hey dude, what do.
Speaker 1: You think of that new Disturbed song? It's called I Will Not Break?
Speaker 2: And it's the sound of disturb that made me fall in love with the sturb So I loved it.
Speaker 17: I mean.
Speaker 16: The boat.
Speaker 2: That's a great review, Kirk, because I was saying the exact same thing. If you loved if you like dis Disturbed, if you love Disturbed, how could you not love this?
Speaker 1: Hannah, good morning, Hey, what you got?
Speaker 2: Freaking awesome?
Speaker 3: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 20: It started out heavy, it stayed heavy the whole time.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 7: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it drives the whole song. It just keeps it. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: They hit the pedal and then boom, they don't really stop.
Speaker 2: It drives the whole way through. Absolutely, Thank you, Hannah.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, is it, Brianna? Yeah, it's free, free, what you got for me? Wrap it up?
Speaker 20: Oh man, the second that those tones hit my ears, my eyes just widened up.
Speaker 23: I turned the volume all the way up and freaking bleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, you guys are doing such a good job of editing yourselves today.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Alix doesn't have to hit the dump butt at all, Brie, Thank you. Money one more money.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm here, go ahead, you wrap it up. This is gonna be the last review. Tell me what you thought of that new Disturbed song. It's called I Will Not Break.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: It was classics disturbed.
Speaker 7: Ye, like everybody's saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's what we all fell in love with.
Speaker 19: I'm putting it on my playlist too.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: You guys are the best. Always good.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Don't go hiding this at nighttime. Wizard all the time with I just took an email and I put him on it. So that you could see some guy was talking about because I did the same thing. This more that Three Days of Grace song that we all love so much. I think he's still playing that at night. It was on as I was prepping getting ready for the show, at like at four in the morning. I had it cranked in here as loud as these crappy speakers would go.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's that dude rock.
Speaker 2: You can't say you want us to play more rock and not like what you just fare. Yeah, agreed, all right, I've got those Jerry Cantrell tickets. Can you believe it? Jerry Cantrell, February twenty six. We've been talking about the show for a long time. He's playing the House of Blues. I'll take caller number ten right now. Seven one three two, win two five nine four five. Thank you all your music critics out there. You're the best. A rod Ryan Show. Sad effects include mood swings, mood swings, the bus okay ninety four or five, the buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday still in play because I'm sitting on one case left. Thank you, specs got beer for you, coming up straight up at nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Flip the phones, try to get in a couple of open phones calls.
Speaker 2: Today's the last day for your shot at one thousand dollars our alternative income. So it's the last day today at ten. After we'll kick it off at nine, it'll go to Teresa's. Ends it at five to ten. Ten after the hour, listen for the keyword. Enter it at the buzz dot com. First shot at one thousand dollars. Let's get a winner. Let's get a winner.
Speaker 1: I can get a winner right now. Good morning. Who's on the phone, Chris, christ your colored ten. I Sometimes I get really excited because I was very excited about did you hear the Disturbance song?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you think?
Speaker 7: Classic?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Classic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have one. It's one hundred percent rotten. Was thinking rotten tomatoes, one hundred percent. I don't have one.
Speaker 1: Oh it wasn't that good.
Speaker 2: Every single email, I'll send them all to the whiz.
Speaker 1: Every one of them is like, dude, this son's awesome.
Speaker 2: Chris, you just got tickets to Jerry Cantrell February twenty sixth at the House of Blues. Okay, that is awesome, Thank you, Thank you, Thank Chris, You're.
Speaker 1: Awesome, man, have a great weekend. Hang on for me, rock in all.
Speaker 2: Sod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Come on ninety four or five the Buzz, MA Man, Lenny Kravitz and then that awesome It's Friday, guys screaming before that, Hi, just reminding you what day it is, and that means it's a beer, a case of beer associated with Friday. No one's done, no one's doing it, no one's smart enough.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 2: Twenty one years plus free beer Friday. Got another case for you, all right, and then we'll do up in phones. I'm gonna leave you with the biggest prize we've had all week on Know the show today, one final pair the Ultimate super Car Driving Experience. You want a guest, You'll be on the test track, test driving supercars on a real racetrack with no speed limit. Extreme experience. Dot com is the website you want to guest. That's what's given that's what's gonna be given away.
Speaker 1: But after open phones.
Speaker 2: Okay, Alex happen a birthday tomorrow? Alex is having a birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 5: What get off me?
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Everyone We've got another chilly day ahead of us, with temperatures dropping too near or below freezing for most of the state. It won't be as cold as yesterday, but wind chills could still dip into the upper teens. A cold weather advisory is in effect until noon today. This weekend, expect widespread showers that are going to build throughout the day tomorrow and into Sunday morning before temperatures start to warm up at the beginning of next week.
Speaker 1: But you can just grind it out, d You just grind it out through all that.
Speaker 2: It makes you grittier. That's what I'm a Marty grad grinder, Mary Brad grind Vista, that's what they call it. Okay.
Speaker 3: Suston Police Department Captain Darren Blake Edwards is facing two more charges related to child sex crimes, according to authorities. Shortly after his arrest on Wednesday night, HBD announced that Edwards has been relieved of duty pending the outcome of an internal investigation.
Speaker 2: He was then at rest.
Speaker 3: He was arrested for child pornography Wednesday, and then yesterday he was re arrested and charged with aggravated sexual assault and sexual performance of a child. He's currently being held in Galveston County Jail without bond.
Speaker 2: Fuck him up, yeah, browaway the key. Happy Language Day. Do you know what the most spoken language in.
Speaker 1: The world is, Well, you said it two hours ago.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well there's two of them, and with native speakers it's Chinese. But with the total number of speakers, it's English, which really just made it's English. There are over seven thousand languages spoken in the world, but almost half of the world's countries have one of just ten as their official language. The most spoken languages are Chinese, Spanish, English, Arabic, and Hindi. Happy Language Day, download Duel Lingo orgo say Grassius to a Mexican waitress.
Speaker 1: Okay at a restaurant? Thank you for that?
Speaker 2: I was, you know, I mean, that's what the show does. We tell people that it's a language Day.
Speaker 3: We talked to Andreas that was kind of like us speaking Spanish and and and we did yeah Language Day, look at us working on that. Could Jeff Bezos be in charge of choosing the next James Bond? Technically yes, because Amazon just made a deal to assume creative control of the James Bond franchise and Beesus is taken to social media to ask people who they think should be the next Double seven, which.
Speaker 2: Means he could cast himself as James Bond. I know, I know you say villain, but I'm telling you don't put it.
Speaker 1: Past this guy.
Speaker 2: He bought the James Bond franchise, Make Yourself James Bond. Why not you own it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If I was a billionaire, I'm just like, no, I'm James Bond. Well, he's gotta be brished.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, I bought it. It's my thing now.
Speaker 1: And then the movie is terrible.
Speaker 2: It opens up ten people go see it, and he's like, yeah, I'm over here crying, wiping my tears with one hundred dollars bills. I don't care. Well, he doesn't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people that he asks people to weigh in on who should be Double seven, and some popular names people suggested are Aaron Taylor Johnson, James Norton, and Idris Elba.
Speaker 1: A new Bond movie probably years away, but there's been plenty.
Speaker 3: Of speculation over who the next Bot is going to be ever since Daniel Craig retired from the roll Back in twenty twenty one. So yeah, I mean he could ask anybody's who you think it could be, and then he could spect Yeah, not taking.
Speaker 14: That for her.
Speaker 2: He's waiting for just one person to say him and I already said it. And then you know that your clip and then that wife of his, you know, she wants to be the Bond girl. Believe me, she wants to be the Bond girl. Well she's going to be the girl. I gotta be James Bond. Yeah, I can't not do that, you know, so casting himself.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bezos probably the next James Bond.
Speaker 3: Chris Bernie, the former Bowling for Sup guitarist, recently shared on Instagram that he now has two less toes on his left foot. The fifty five year old posted a picture of his foot with the missing toes and said that health issues in June led to his hospitalization and subsequent withdrawal from performances.
Speaker 1: He retired from the band officially last month. Feet picks.
Speaker 2: Feet picks have to be my least favorite thing I'm doing. Diana put it on your steering wheel. Yeah, she puts some feet picture. Yeah, she put her feet on my steering wheel for some reason. If you go to our music blog page, there's a chubby foot missing the big toe and the second toe.
Speaker 1: It's it's disturbing.
Speaker 2: I'll just move it at that.
Speaker 1: It's disturbing. The guy posted it.
Speaker 2: Chili put it up.
Speaker 1: I mean run, but he's okay, and then he doesn't experience any more health issues. But we can still say gross, Yeah, run, don't walk. Yeah, to go see a couple missing digits.
Speaker 3: I believe he called it nubbin of it. He posted he's nubbing. He's wabbling now too. Probably those are Uston's headlines. That's all right, not a great outcome yesterday. Yeah, TMSA lost to Canada three to two in overtime in the final of the Four Nations Tournament.
Speaker 1: Gratsy Canada on winning an All Star Game.
Speaker 3: And basketball Rockets are gonna return from their All Star break tonight. They're gonna host the Timberwolves at Toyota Center as three and a half point favorites coming into this one.
Speaker 1: Tip offs at eight thirty.
Speaker 3: You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In baseball, the Astros are going to play their first spring training game tomorrow afternoon. They're taking on the Washington Nationals down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch is at twelve oh five, and you can hear that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In soccer, the US women's national team were goat Columbia two nil last night right here in Houston in the She Believes Cup. So way to go, ladies. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 21: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 4: Bus Se Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: You got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 19: And right Bam Friday and Rock Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: And Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Ryan, Good Morning, Rod, Ryan Show, Good Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Kathy Wheeler?
Speaker 1: Kathy?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great?
Speaker 7: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Rod? Super great?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. I got one case of beer left you want it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Your caller Ted, Kathy Wheeler Premier Friday Winner today. Hi, so awesome, it is awesome.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 7: I am from Pathadina.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I want you to have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna be kind of what we call skanky outside, cold and rainy. But uh, Kathy Wheeler, make the best of it with that. We'll start you with that first case on the weekend.
Speaker 7: Okay, awesome, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Kathy, hang on for me. I'll send you over to Chili. Don't be afraid. He didn't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't bite much. Yeah, nasty outside. I don't want to get into that. I want to I'd like to hear what you guys want to talk about, though. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 24: Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday. More like open phones f I game. Chili's turning them around quick. Okay, let's go run him and gun him.
Speaker 2: Chris, good morning, Good morning you guys. Are you calling about open phones?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, quick turnaround today.
Speaker 2: Hi, good night. No, I always I always get through first.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it too, Chris. You time it out beautifully. What do you got this week?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 25: First, I wanted to say that new Disturbed song absolutely slaps. It's reminiscent of their two thousand album The Sickness.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed it. I'm gonna have to get that. That's why they're doing the twenty five year anniversary of that right now. And that's where I told you I was but hurt that they're not coming here. But I sent probably, I don't know, twenty five thirty emails to Radio Wizard. I forwarded and forward did.
Speaker 1: Them to him cool and not we're sorry, but not even.
Speaker 2: Not even not even not even one of those emails was just like it's okay. Every one of them was they really really really liked it, man, So but percent on that.
Speaker 1: So it was the first thing. And what was the other thing?
Speaker 25: Oh, the other thing is I just want to there's a really really cool video I think it's from two thousand and three where David Drayman actually stops in the middle of a concert. There's this little girl that's singing along with his songs, and he invites her on stage with him, and she gets freaked out and starts crying, and he stops the concert and like goes down to the railing and it's like a five to six minute video of him just giving this influential talk to her and calming her down. And he is such an absolutely great human being, he really is. And that whole band is just a bunch of wholesome metal dads.
Speaker 1: So I just love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that, I mean, listen, even Alex, thank you, Chris, even Alex. He doesn't always sound it, but it softens your rough edges a little bit. Those kids, Yeah, that does that to you. So they said it, David Drayman, before you had kids, was bringing kids up on stage.
Speaker 1: At Disturbed shows, screaming hell no, hell no. I think we got Aaron on the phone erin hello, Hey.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 20: What you got hey, I just wanted to send a reminder to go vote for our local band Rosie at Battle of the Band dot com to the Vanworld's Tour Bottle of the Bands.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they're doing such a good They always do such a great job on social media.
Speaker 1: But their latest and greatest is they're trying to play.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if that everybody knows that Van's Warp Tour is back and it's doing multiple shows. It's not touring everywhere like it used to, but it is back and they're they're in there to try to get in there and be like one of the you know, like the new bands in there. So is it easy? Is it just going to Rosie's website and I'm sure they've got it. Where where's the best place to go, Aaron.
Speaker 20: So I just go to They have it on their social media, so you can go to Battle of the Band dot com. You sign up, just make a quick account, and you can his vote every day.
Speaker 2: I would love for them to get that gig so much, Aaron, you're the best man. Thanks for reminding me. Andrew, you're next up.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 16: Brother Rod?
Speaker 21: I actually called in for the uh Disturbed premiere a few minutes ago, So.
Speaker 2: Go ahead for a second.
Speaker 1: Oh you already called and you already gave us your review.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Wow, Chillie must like you. He's putting you through twice in one show.
Speaker 16: I've been calling for years, been listening to you guys for fifteen plus years, and first time I ever getting through, especially twice in one day.
Speaker 2: Twice and one day? What did you do?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did you bring in Rice Christ retreats? That usually works guys. Oh yeah, futures that'll get you on?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Andrew, Well you're on for your second time today. What do you want? What do you want to do for open phones?
Speaker 2: Hey man?
Speaker 5: I just want to give a shout out to my fiance Caitlin.
Speaker 16: She's a great mother and a great partner.
Speaker 5: And I want to give also a shout out to my little boy, Levi. He's probably laughing it up at school right now. Cracking jokes is a class clown.
Speaker 2: So how old is Levi?
Speaker 5: Levi just turned nine on February fourth.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then you said this is your fiance. Is this just a long term engagement or do.
Speaker 9: You have a date?
Speaker 1: We don't have a date yet, but.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we're we're still getting everything planned out and working through some of the kings, plan and everything and plant.
Speaker 1: It out right.
Speaker 2: Kinks were made to be worked out, okay, all kinks. The reason they have kinks is to work them out. Work the kinks out, all of them. That's true, every one of them. Don't go in there with one kink. Work every one of those out first, all right, Bro. That wasn't called absolutely, they were called the Kings the kinks. Yeah, they couldn't work it out either, all right, Andrew, congratulations the gear twice? Wow?
Speaker 1: I mean, Chile's favorite guy of all time? Andrew your best friend?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 23: What that?
Speaker 2: He Andrew jealous? Andrew gets a bell for that? All right?
Speaker 1: That's another line open.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know unless it's just Andrew wants to call in for a third time and rest the show take off. All right, seven one three, two one two five nine five. It is the last day of alternative income.
Speaker 10: Good luck guys, Houston, Houston's alternative and Helm at the rod Ryan Morning shown the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: We have taken free beer Friday, and we have moved it over, just sliding, slid over one position and it is now open phones Friday, and I got a full bank of calls to get to. I'm really excited about that. I'm gonna get to everybody that's on.
Speaker 1: Hold right now.
Speaker 3: But first online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five, the US almost birthday boy tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This guy's birthday already, Tomorrow's Celebrate today. Celebrate today is just a cake.
Speaker 2: What's your We don't even need a cake.
Speaker 1: Is your all like something birthday centric?
Speaker 2: No, it's not today.
Speaker 1: You'll be spending elon Musk's money. Oh yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So what I've done, I've only spent six point seven percent of his wealth so far.
Speaker 1: But this is what I got. I got seventeen MacBook pros. So you can have a couple of them, so you can have a couple. I'll say a couple.
Speaker 3: I got seventeen Xbox Series x's, eleven PlayStations. I got fifty iPhones. Will just give them out for giveaways to the listeners because they're so great. I've influenced twenty high ranking politicians. That just cost me forty million dollars. It's fine, not a big deal, not a big deal. I have given ten thousand US dollars to sixty nine people. I bought a Tesla, a cyber truck, a Ford F one fifty, a Toyota Camri. I got three nf NFL teams. I'm gonna buy the Eagles, the Giants, and the Cowboys. Are gonna tank the Cowboys and Eagles, and I'm gonna make the Giants really good.
Speaker 2: I was wondering where you were going with this, because you're talking about math books and stuff like. That's not even a percentage point of his Well, but you did buy some sports teams.
Speaker 3: I did buy an three La Mega mansions, so you, me and Chili were set up.
Speaker 2: We're all good.
Speaker 1: There was a really expensive diamond ring.
Speaker 3: I figured i'd get, Hey, what the hell spend seventeen thousand on a diamond ring for my wife.
Speaker 1: Let's just give her that.
Speaker 3: And then I bought an F one team, and then I'm still not even seven percent of his wealth all the way through.
Speaker 2: So go spend his money. It's pretty fine.
Speaker 3: Little a little exercise to kill time to day one famous rod Ryan show page to the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, here's how I know you're not rich.
Speaker 2: You just bought three professional sports teams, okay at over a billion.
Speaker 1: Apiece, right right, But I have the money to do that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I know, I know. But here's how I know you're not rich, because you think that a seventeen thousand dollars ring is expensive when you own three sports franchises.
Speaker 3: This was just the ring that they listed on the thing. It's a one care at ring. Yeah, like that doesn't sound rich to rich people. I'm a simple man, right, Oh you're still simple taste, You're still a grinder.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, it's funny, all right.
Speaker 15: I like this.
Speaker 1: Hey you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. That ring is trash with.
Speaker 2: All the other stuffs from Tiffany. Good morning, Keith, Hey, how you doing. I'm doing well, Keith, you're on open Phones Friday. What do you got?
Speaker 13: Well, this is Keith. It from uh signa that there's a little security I'll tell you about part time. So yeah, doesn't get as much publicity as college football, but college basketball Game Day Black from ESPN is.
Speaker 2: Going to be at you of h tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know what Iowa State cyclones.
Speaker 2: If you are ever lucky enough to win something here from us or I heart Houston. That smiling face behind the desk is Sophia. She is all cooged out. She's the one that told me that colle his game day was in town. So I knew this, Keith, but you're right everyone else needs to hear it. And it's early.
Speaker 13: It opens up like seven o'clock in the morning and they are moving it inside because of the cold.
Speaker 1: Are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm working I'm working there, all right. That's awesome. Thank you Keith EDWARDO. You're next up on open Phones.
Speaker 1: What you got Hey? What's Rod?
Speaker 26: And then a longtime listeners Since I was eleven, I'm thirty now.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you dude, and happy birthday alex El Yes Ello el birth.
Speaker 26: I wanted to give a quick shout out to my brother Leo Mdranald for being the best brother out there in the world, Leo and Llo. And then last thing, the last thing about the news they serve song. Yes, so I don't like the song of Silence. It's like nails and a scratch on a talkboard for me.
Speaker 1: Oil and gas. Greg hates that song too, he can. I love that song. I think it's one of the best covers ever. Go ahead, but this song is thisturb.
Speaker 2: This is what I I know this started to be. This is the sound of disturb, Eduardo. Good shout outs, Eduardo, Thank you. Jim and the helicopter is Jim and the helicopter Jim.
Speaker 16: Yes, Sir d Hey called it about a little follow up. We talked a couple of weeks ago about the that weird version of Personal Jesus they played. It was some some song some band called depeche Mode or something. Yes, I was wondering if if we're going to expect to see some like Culture Club or Duran Durand played on the buzz anytime soon. Oh you know, if I could make a suggestion, if we're going to go back to that error, maybe Violent Sam's or Skinny Puppy okay, any more that would be more appropriate eighties music for the buzz.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, it wasn't even close to being as big as the pesh Mode you know that eighty Like, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Even being it was.
Speaker 2: It's not even in the discussion as far as it's how big they those songs were. I appreciate it, though, I mean, I like the skinny puppy stuff, violent femmes.
Speaker 1: Well I can't I get just fun kiss Austin.
Speaker 2: Your next up.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning Rod Shot, good morning.
Speaker 2: Shout out Lee, shout out Tyler.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: I got a question for you, Rod, Okay, should I say it? Would you rather?
Speaker 21: Would you rather fight one kangaroo or fifteen fifth graders?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 14: I like this.
Speaker 2: I like this is the rude jacked Rue Jacks, Bruiser Jackson Jacks.
Speaker 1: Fifth graders are big though, Like fifteen.
Speaker 11: Fifth graders, Yes, sir, just take your you know, fifteen average fifth graders, you know, maybe in between seventy to ninety pounds.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much fifth grader.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'll get you fifth graders. You're talking about ninety pounders. Yeah, I think i'd go Rue you taking down I go ru on that. But then where's the cutoff on the amount of fifth graders?
Speaker 2: I think it's so. I think so it's just I mean, it's fifteen fifth graders.
Speaker 5: They're coming at you all at one right, No.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm already saying the rue is the way to go on that. Fifteen fifth graders will destroy you. My question is, now, where is the tipping point where you're you're going fifth graders?
Speaker 1: And I think I can take seven fifth graders.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say eight would probably cut off, but so yeah, I could definitely take seven.
Speaker 1: I think I could take seven fifth graders. You gotta.
Speaker 2: That's a lot, dude, team.
Speaker 5: I think I think you're adrenaline rush from fighting so.
Speaker 2: Many little kids at once is gonna get you through the verse six seven all right is easy?
Speaker 1: Give me ten fifth graders right now, Let's see if I can do it.
Speaker 3: All right, somebody saying it fifth graderes that want to fight, Thank you, Austin.
Speaker 1: That's funny, Kenny, good morning.
Speaker 7: I don't have a I don't have a fifth grader in kangaroo question.
Speaker 1: That's come on, what question do you have?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 7: I actually called a few months back whenever my wife and I found out that we're having our child, our first girl.
Speaker 2: Congratulations and again, thank you, thank you, and back then we're back.
Speaker 7: If you wants to go, ask you yourself and Alex and you can chill for some advice. So this weekend she's getting induced. It's finally, it's the weekend that our little first child is coming. Oh man, and I just want to see how did you feel when London when she was first about to come out?
Speaker 2: Greatest day ever? I mean, of course you're nervous, you're freaking out about it. You just want to be supportive, right, you want to be present, you want to be there. Don't show up wasted. Don't do that. Okay, yeah, don't be wasted. Steal steal everything from that room. Okay, I told Alix. Anyways, take the plastic cup.
Speaker 1: My wife didn't take the plastic cup. The plastic cup is like a billion dollars. Take it. But if there's extra little caps for the baby's head, open the drawer.
Speaker 2: All those swaddling blankets, swaddles with the velcro swadowing is a bitch.
Speaker 3: But the ones that like the cheat swaddles, they have those there. Make sure you take two of them. Take everything, dude, take everything in the rookie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're bringing the extra back, soadly we can just take everything. But thank you guys. So I just want to give a final shoutout to my wife Kennedy. Yeah, we have the same name, Kenny and Kennedy.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Kenny and Kennedy.
Speaker 7: And everybody calls us the Kens when they say, hey, the cans are coming.
Speaker 2: They know exactly what's the kid's name.
Speaker 16: Nothing.
Speaker 7: So if we would have said another k name and we would have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're not.
Speaker 7: So it's gonna be missing little Olivia Ray movie like that.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful name. Yeah, that's awesome. All right, Kenny, congrats dude. Thank you to Kenny and Kennedy.
Speaker 1: All right, that's another phone line.
Speaker 2: Open. Guys are killing it today. Open phones Fridayay lit my own Worst Enemy, ninety four five, the Bus, ninety four to five, the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. I got time for a few more calls. Open the phones Friday.
Speaker 3: Let's good to.
Speaker 2: Bring me the Magnificent seven, I mean all seven of them. Open phone Friday. It sure is JD who left JD on hold? You should have got to him sooner.
Speaker 1: That's my fault.
Speaker 3: Hi, JD.
Speaker 1: But going up, brother, Rod sop us up. Bro, you're on open phones Friday.
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 2: First, well have your birthday to Alice.
Speaker 1: Birthday, Alex, tomorrow's having a birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a bar animal tomorrow ain't.
Speaker 1: Maybe the diurb the disturbs sound was awesome. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: How'd you like to be driving your big rig down the down the road and it disturbs so on, cranking very share all this cold weather. But yall, we also did truck or you want right now?
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it?
Speaker 2: Wait to god, j D. Thank you, Thank you JD. Keep the rubber side down, I think is what we say here, Mickey, good morning?
Speaker 11: Hell is nicky?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hi Mickey? How are you agreed?
Speaker 9: I just want to say happy birthday Alex. And this is the first time I'm actually getting under the radio show.
Speaker 1: You sound like you talk all the time of the radio. I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's awesome. Well, I'm sure listen, Alex is really downplaying this whole birthday thing. So I appreciate you giving a shout out to Alex.
Speaker 9: I also want to give a shout out to my husband.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, Yeah. What's your husband's name, nick?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's he doing for you that you like right now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Man, he just he's a tow truck driver and he's doing so great right now for the family and anything. I'm just so proud of him.
Speaker 1: Wait and Nicky, Yes, Nicky, Nicky, I thought it was Mickey.
Speaker 2: It's Nicky, Kenny and Nicky nick and Nicky, Yeah, it was Kenny and Ken Kennedy Kennedy.
Speaker 1: That's right. Hey, Mickey, that's a great call. That's a great call.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I hope your dude here's this because he's got to appreciate.
Speaker 9: Our son is h Nicholas.
Speaker 2: All kinds of Nicks. I love it. Thank you, Nicky, thank you, great call.
Speaker 1: Hey John, Yes, sir John John, you're on open phones?
Speaker 2: Man, how are you going?
Speaker 17: Good man?
Speaker 1: First time calling in.
Speaker 22: I'm the old guy, man.
Speaker 1: I never heard any old guys calling in this show.
Speaker 20: I'm sixty two.
Speaker 1: Oh you're not even close.
Speaker 2: There's listen. If you think you're running around here as a sixty two year old, you're thinking you're the oldest guy listening to the show, you're nuts. But I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. You're bringing the most energy on the show today, John, you're bringing maybe the.
Speaker 20: Most that guy bruh ragging on the piss Oh, dude, the rock before that guy was born.
Speaker 5: Man, that guy needs to get a grip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he found it weird.
Speaker 2: I think I asked Wizard about that and he said he sneaks that song in every now and then. So, John, what is your You said you're sixty two, Yes, sir, Okay, what would you say, and there's no wrong answer here? What would you say your favorite all time band? H? Yeah, okay, I was kind of kind of guessed I was gonna kind of I mean, I can't I cannot go wrong with Zeppelin.
Speaker 1: How many different copies of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon have you owned?
Speaker 2: Cassettes, eight tracks, albums, CDs?
Speaker 1: How many different copies have you owned that?
Speaker 17: Dude?
Speaker 15: Three?
Speaker 11: I've been stoned to that album more times than you can count.
Speaker 2: That's like some of those albums that have been around a long time. They sold millions of copies when it came out on album, and then then when they made it on a cassette, they sold millions of copies, and then people bought it on CD eight track, the same damn album. Yes, over and over and over many.
Speaker 13: That's awesome, absolutely, dude, John, Jimmy Page is still rocking.
Speaker 2: What's that movie that he's got out on led Zeppelin on Netflix? There's I've seen some Zeppelin things that were out, but there's there's a Zeppelin movie in theaters right now.
Speaker 16: It's not that's the one, Yeah, exactly, that's it.
Speaker 1: Is that available now on Netflix?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Hi John, thank you, bro. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks brother Rock.
Speaker 20: Thanks taking my call.
Speaker 11: Man, Take care.
Speaker 2: Don't be a stranger. John. Like your energy.
Speaker 1: I did it, says Nikki the pottery lady.
Speaker 2: You got to change that. She's not the pottery lady anymore. She's the fresh out of had head to head questionnaire.
Speaker 1: She's a even supplying me with all my questions. Thank you.
Speaker 23: It is an absolute pleasure.
Speaker 1: Questions have been great too.
Speaker 2: I mean you notice, like I mean, the complaint level is nonexistent on the questions. I think I'm using someone else's today or yesterday. But thank you, Nicole. You've been doing such a great job of helping me with questions, and I will.
Speaker 23: Continue doing so until you either hire me as the co host or hire somebody else.
Speaker 1: Well, let me let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Are you We just announced the golf tournament and I know you've made some great appearances at that in the past. Are you planning on coming out? That is actually why I'm calling.
Speaker 23: I've already got confirmation from two to other artists that want to come out and activate a hole. One of them is Leroy over at Fire Gallery. He just got glass blowing equipment set up and so we are going to try and make glass nipple ball markers for all of the golfers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 23: So it needed a reason to sign up there. It is one of the guid handmade glass nipples ball markers to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's the greatest ballmarker ever. Yeah, a glass nipple. That's awesome. So are you still kind of so are you closed out or are you still recruiting other starving artists to be at the whole?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 23: I'm happy to recruit as many as want to come. You know, get you've got what two months, get your stuff printed up, get cards, brochures, get them out there. If you can't come party, I am happy.
Speaker 19: To talk you up.
Speaker 23: If anybody asks any questions. But I mean it's been an absolute glass. So yeah, I'm just crossed teas and botty eyes.
Speaker 2: Well, let's cross teas in dot ice quickly. Let's shout out your company, Clay and Kiln. How do people get a hold of you for pottery classes?
Speaker 23: So it's Clayankilm dot net. You can also call or text me at eight three two nine eight seven four four five six.
Speaker 2: That number also.
Speaker 23: Works if you're curious about coming and joining the Starving Artist whole.
Speaker 1: That's perfect. Yeah, just let me know. That's so great.
Speaker 2: All right, Nikki, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's Nicole.
Speaker 2: She really has thank you.
Speaker 1: You're the best. She comes out to everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she just kind of stepped up. She told me that she used to send Tessa questions and then we hear back from her and I'm like, well, let miss, maybe they're not good. She sent me these all these questions. I'm like, these are great. Tessa had that at her fingertips. Yeah, all right, thank you Nicole. All right, that's it. You guys are absolutely you guys killed it today on Open Phones.
Speaker 1: It's Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 2: Well yeah I know that, I know that, but all right, this is what I'm giving away, I Know the Show, a pair of the ultimate supercar driving experiences, you and a guest. I've had this all week, but they only gave me four. That's why they put it in this short week. You and a guest can test drive supercars on a real racetrack, no speed limits as Extreme Experience is bringing their fleet of world class supercars to MSR Houston February twenty seventh through March second, Ferraris, Porsches, Lambeaus, Corvette, Nissan gt R Premium and more. Go to Extreme Experience dot com to see the full lineup of cars that they're bringing here. Reserve your time if you want to buy this or give it a purchase a package as a gift for anyone that enjoys cars and speed. This has been the most talked about giveaway all week. Chill he put it on Know the Show. He told us he was going to put it right here birthday almost birthday. Boy, will have a question for you on the flip of this break and we'll give away our last opportunity.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Thank you guys so much for spending your morning with us. What a prize? What's a prize?
Speaker 1: We have left? Chilly's doing?
Speaker 2: He put it on the show. He made your Way. A pair of the ultimate supercar driving experiences. You and a guest will be test Get to test drive a supercar on a real racetrack with no speed limits. You heard the lineup of cars. You can see it at Extreme Experience dot Com. All right, this is it.
Speaker 1: Now we can go birthday boy, we can get into your birthday a little bit. Not today, tomorrow, not so we don't need to talk about it too. What's your question?
Speaker 3: We talked about a new app that is like Uber, but for what. Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna try this out maybe this weekend. It's not available here, might traveling try it out New York or LA?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're doing now for your birthday? No, it might be just hit up the coasts.
Speaker 17: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I thought I did? All right? What does this app offer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two one two five five. It's a difficult question.
Speaker 17: Good luck, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 8: Ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio, Houston's rock and alternative on.
Speaker 2: Rocks ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Let's go give this away and then we can go and then you guys do your weekend. Alice can go start celebrating his birthday. Early was I was gonna steal the Know the Show question. Well, I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Tomarles Alex's.
Speaker 2: Birthday is now time four I Know This Show on ninety four five The Buzz. La La La la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this Hey, Good morning? This is Jared Jared. If I and I didn't, I didn't because I know he didn't want me to.
Speaker 2: If I were to steal the Know the Show question today, because it's not my job sometimes, I cut in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I was to ask who's having a birthday tomorrow? Would you be driving these fast cars.
Speaker 1: Around a track? Would you have won Know the Show? Right now? Who's I think I would have still won whose birthday is tomorrow?
Speaker 7: We'll be mister ax now.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think you should be driving the cars right now. But that's not the question today. So let's see if you know the real know the show question. That would be a piss or if you don't get this right. Oh my gosh, I just put in a lot of effort with this guy, Jared. All right, here's your question.
Speaker 1: We talked about a new app today and it's like Uber but for what.
Speaker 2: The Uber?
Speaker 7: What guns?
Speaker 1: Private security?
Speaker 2: You can hire buying guards? Yeah, armed bodyguards are available on an app. There's an app for everything, now appreciate it. You can get a full escalade.
Speaker 1: Escalate, but you can get a full.
Speaker 2: Procession for you to show up somewhere and they can all be strapping. Dude, you are going to be driving these fast cars.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you knew both of today's Know the Show questions.
Speaker 2: Everyone else, go to Extreme Experience dot Com see the full lineup of cars, Reserve your time, purchase a package the ultimate supercar driving Experience Extreme Experience dot Com. Way to go, bro, great job, all right, dude, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jared. A lot of work you have to do, huh, A lot of work. A lot of work. Another stremely know the show.
Speaker 1: Questions, now is that a new thing on the show?
Speaker 2: I guess it is?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever, and the only prescription its more cow bell. Jeff had a good morning. Yeah he did. Marry good morning, mon Dame is Jeff. He won Lumineer's tickets before they even went on sale. All Lumineer's tickets going on sale in one minute. He won because it was day five. He's our third Hall of Famer, fresh out of bed, head to head Hall of Fame member number three. Good for him. We started with some fresh fish fresh on Monday. All right, we're gonna be here on Monday. We'll be looking at all of Alex's birthday pictures. It should be dominating your six picks. Maybe stop downplaying everything. Birthdays are like the lowest form of accomplishment. Shot to my mom.
Speaker 3: That's really who we should be celebrated. Thank you, not Canada. Yeah half them? Okay, I can't wait till we invade. I don't know who I can and can't think? Now, what about the open phones callers? And they were great. We were in Canadian. I don't think they were great.
Speaker 1: There might have been a Canadian in there.
Speaker 2: You don't know. Ideally.
Speaker 1: No, thank you to Eli for.
Speaker 2: Submitting today's Fanny Friday was our number one link today. Thank you very much. Thank you Chili for he and you. Thank you Chili for somehow being a twin and not born on the same day as Alex Bizarre. Jeremy's up next to got the NonStop noon or picking tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Guys, it's the last day of alternative income. So at ten ten he's going to give you a keyword. You go into that.
Speaker 1: At the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: You got opportunities every hour ten after until five ten and then boom, this goes away for I don't know how long, maybe never, I doubt that.
Speaker 1: But it's not happening on Monday. You know what is coming back on Monday?
Speaker 2: Hashtag Monday selfie. Oh yeah, we weren't here last Monday, so there was a little break in the action, So hashtag Monday selfie. Our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union will be looking at Alex's six picks and I will see you guys down there at Marty gra Galveston. I'm sure Brett Michaels has played in all kinds of weather, so I know he's not ready. I am going to be down there celebrating Marty Gras Island style. Brett Michaels is on the main stage five five thirty. I don't know. We gotta watch the weather. Martygrag Galveston dot Com. Everybody for the parade schedules. I'll be on a parade.
Speaker 1: I'll be throwing beads.
Speaker 2: I hope to see you guys down there. I'll take some wet pictures. Maybe I'll like what Alex likes to do when it's my six picks. Maybe I'll bring in six picks. Ya, we can share six picks.
Speaker 1: What's chilli?
Speaker 22: You can do? Two?
Speaker 2: Ride you too? Audio two?
Speaker 1: Okay with that idea, I might make us do that every weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Have a great birthday tomorrow, bro, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Stay warm, stay dry.
Speaker 2: Hey m app.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com