Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be one of those days, all right. Since it is a Friday, that means one thing. Well, it means one thing at the beginning of the show, and it means one thing at the end of the show. Since it's the beginning of the show, that means we start off this way.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, go for it, dude.
Speaker 3: It's Friday.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 1: It is Friday here on SDHAM, John Nelson here with you, and we we got to preview the weekend. We've got to do that, and we've got to lay everything out for the rest of Major League Soccer. We've got our ref assignments, we've got to get into Hopefully Pro's website is an under continued reorganization and reconstruction where we can actually let you know who is going to be where this weekend, probably a little bit of the GHSA, considering that soccer is in session playoff. Daily Live will be at noon and on that we're going to have Chad Griffin, the head coach of the Hebren Christian Program, and we're also going to take a tour down to Tatnall County and find out what's going on with the Battle Creek Warriors with their run that they have had to get a home match today. On the boys' side, we'll get into that. We'll go through all the brackets and go through all the things. Find out what happened last night. For those of you that may not have been up close and personal with your listening device to hang out with us on the network, we had both SDH one and two up and running in the Triple A classification. Jason, Maddy, and Sophia were down at Whitewater for our resident alum Sophia Coupertino alumna Sophia Coupertino for that match up involving a Cony County who's chasing after three in a row. Now with there went over Whitewater, I was up at Jefferson for the craziness that was the Jefferson Cherokee Bluff match finished up five to Jefferson and a Coney County, and I guess I should put out the bat signal for head coach Judson Hanby for Tuesday, as these two will score off against each other and so it'll be a Cony County and Jefferson Triple A Girls Final and that is going to be on Wednesday, I believe, and we'll catch up with Molly McCarty, the head coach of Jefferson on Tuesday, because we figured that out during the postgame show. While we were waiting to figure out if Cony County one and Maddy Cone had another big night, she had a brace for a Coney County troublesome. She is she is a problem quoting Derek Whittenberg. Paraphrasing Derek Whittenberg, she is a problem for defenses as a freshman at a Coney County. So we'll go over all your brackets and we'll get that squared away. We'll get you ready for soccer's in session playoff Daily Live at noon. Go through all of the news that we have. There's news involving Shabi Alonso, not really a surprise, mind you, but it was announced this morning that he is leaving byer lever Cusan. Odds are that he is going to be the new head coach at Real Madrid. Go through all the go through your brackets, go through your news, go through your stuff. Ozzi Alonso is going to join us at ten o'clock and we will catch up with Ozzy about obviously Atlanta United and I do have it. Atlanta United two question that I'm gonna ask him, and it has to do probably with stuff maybe in a man cave. But we'll find out what's going on in Ozzie's mind, what it's like to be on this side of the camera and not having a camera following up and down, up and down the turf. So we'll catch up with Ozzie at ten man see if our friends from beyond GOLs Menering can join us at nine point thirty, And like I said, we'll get you ready for the weekend and we'll be out by eleven oh five so we can be back for the high School Show at noon. High School Show after this week, we're gonna go Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday next week and we will break it all down for your championships there and that'll be the end of the high school season. It's crazy that this is the last day that we're going to be able to broadcast high school games for the season because NFHS Network they have the championships and it will be a it will be it'll be a massive humanity with us. Let's see Luke Winstell matteen, the Dream Zabanazed, He's going to be a part of it. Let's see me, Maddie, Jarrett, Jason, We're all gonna be a part of it in one aspect or another NFHS network in the Championships, d Luth, mckeechern, Mercer, all of that's gonna be on the docket next week. But we're gonna start catching up with folks. Soccer's In Session Playoff Daily Live Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday next week, and that'll lay it all out for us, getting you ready for the end of the high school soccer season. We can't think our friends at Kuyser Permanente enough for being a great partner with us, not just on Major League Soccer, but on high school and everything across the board. So Soccer's in Session Playoff Daily Live today at noon and then it picks back up on Tuesday next week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday to get you ready and get you through the championships. So yeah, get my guess is I got to try and track down Judson Hanby now. Since I'm having Molly McCarty on on Tuesday, we'll try and hit Judson Hamby on at noon and we'll see in the noon hour and we'll see what we can do in catching up with them in the Triple eight Triple A Championship game. All right, Open and Kickoff brought to Uspire friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. QR code is right there. You get that QR code. You start your day with Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Use the code soccer down here fifteen. When you check out, you get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested in youth games, youth initiative stuff that they have earmarked as cool, brought to Aspire friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. And so obviously you know one of the big stories that broke out about eight o'clock this morning our time. Shabi Alonzo Yes, Ricky Yeah, Shabi Alonso as the uh as the the Price is Right version of everything. He has confirmed he's leaving bayer lever Cusan at the end of the season news conference today. Three years at levercs and had the undefeated league campaign in twenty three twenty four as part of the domestic double. He's going to depart after the final two Bundesliga matches At year he said he's not going to discuss his future. This is from Alex Kirkland and Rodrigo Phis at the Four Letter, saying it was not the moment. It's not the moment to talk about my future. Yet he kind of half opened the door by saying he's not coming back. So I'm not gonna talk about the future. But in two matches my future won't be here.
Speaker 4: Ah. But yes.
Speaker 1: A real Madrid source told the Four Letter on Friday that Alonso is close in quotation marks to becoming the club's new coach, with Carlo Ancelotti expected to leave after the last La Liga game against ral Sociodot. Shabi said in the presser this week, the club and I agree these two games will be my last Tobyer lever Cus and it's always about the moment. Now is the right moment to announce. It also had good We've always had good direct communication with the club and now we have clarity. We want to have a proper farewell on Sunday at home against Brusha Dortmund. It's emotional to talk to the players this morning. Unbelievable, fantastic three years now, It's a moment to share with the fans on Sunday. I think we can be proud of what we've achieved. We've been taking the club in the right the right direction. They ESPN obviously and a bunch of other folks have reported that the former Real Madrid midfielder, who began his coaching career with the academy, has long been their clubs preferred candidate to succeed Ancelotti. He's come under pressure, obviously after Madrid's elimination in the Champions League quarters defeating the Copa del Rey. They go into Sunday's classic caught Barca still with a chance of winning the La Liga title, Alonzo said after Mix. Once the season is wrapped, it'll be the moment for the next thing. Not clear whether Alonzo would take charge of Madrid immediately to coach them in the Club World Cup, or whether Madrid will'll point an interim coach for the tournament. Club will make their debut in the competition against Al Hilal at hard Rock on the eighteenth of June, so thirty nine days from now. Alonzo said he had no idea when a journalist jokingly asked if he possessed a US visa. ESPN's report and Santi Solari, who is currently Madrid's director of football, is one of the options on the table, with the names of under U nineteen of A unineteen coach Alvaro Arbeloa and Castigia coach Roald Gonzalez have not been ruled out. Shabi took charge lever Cues in first top flight gig after coaching at Royal Sociodot's reserve side in October of twenty two, and they had the unbeaten domestic double in twenty twenty four, second place in the Bundesliga and in the Champions League.
Speaker 4: They were beaten by Byron in the round of sixteen.
Speaker 1: Also revealed that his behind the scenes relationships at lever Cusan, including with CEO Fernando Caro, had been a part of his decision making when he opted not to leave the club a year ago. It's one of the quote, it's one of the reasons why last year I decided to stay because I felt really well here and he said that hasn't changed, but maybe the moment is different. So in going to be one of the one of the non surprising surprises going to have, You're gonna have Shabi Alonza leaving and perhaps heading over to Real Madrid. Most law was the named Footballer of the Year Alessia Russo, who wins the FWA Player of the Year, and you now have Arnad Slutz saying that he was disappointed by the Trent Alexander Arnold exit mentioned that publicly in his pressor Beth Lindoff at the Four Letter Disappointed Trent Alexander Arnold decided to leave the club this summer, but has backed the Reds to adapt following his departure. Once again expected to join Real Madrid on a free announced the decision back on Monday. Sources told The Four Letter back in March, Madrid or quote very optimistic about signing the England international, although in agreement has not been finalized. Alexander Ardol once again joined Liverpool's academy at the age of six, three hundred and fifty appearances with the club eight major honors. Defender rejected a new paid deal at Anfield would have maybe one of the best paid fullbacks in world football. Slut at his press conference today like everybody quote, like everybody who likes Liverpool and who's a fan of Liverpool, we're disappointed for him leaving because not only good human being is leaving, but a very good full back is leaving us as well. I also worked at clubs like az Alcmar and finin Ard where every season good player is left, so I'm a bit more used to it. The experience I have in this club as well is if a good, a good, very good player is leaving, the next very good player will step up, and that's what probably will happen again. Sources told the Four Letter around Madrid want to Alexander Arnold to join him for the Club World Cup, playing the whole talks with Liverpool to negotiate the early release. Remember that Liverpool, well, Real Madrid was kind of like yo, fam, how about fifty fifty grand and Liverpool's like no higher. So they're gonna they're gonna do the prices right and figure out Trent Alexander Arnold's escape, and Slit said, do you know where Trent's going?
Speaker 4: He hasn't said anything about it himself.
Speaker 1: The only thing he said is that he'll leave the club, so it's impossible to comment in where he's going. And if that is a club, they'll play in the Club World Cup. You see, by my smile, we both know where he's going. But it hasn't been said yet. Asked about the reaction to the departure, Slut said that people have an opinion about us, whether it's Trend or me or someone else that works in this industry. It's not new for anyone. Fram it's a bit more negative than he's used to. But I don't follow all of this, not here to tell the fans how they should react. I'll see Trent a bit boys had a few days off his wall. I'll wait and see how he feels abou him announcing he's going to leave the club. Connor Bradley is likely to start Liverpool's Premier League clash Old Arsenal on Sunday. Twenty one year old needs more game time after an injury plagued year. Slut said, we're not going to compare him to Trent, two different types of player. With Connor, we see all the potential, very talented player hasn't been fit throughout this entire season. To become a very good player, you have to be available every single week. That's the first step he has to make for next season. But we have a lot of confidence in Connor for a very good fullback in Liverpool. That's what he's already shown so uh Connor Bradley. So if you have Trent Alexander Arnold and your fans see Ben, you might want to look at that and change it. Opasta Coglu has hit back on anyone who says that he's trying to diminish his side's achievement of reaching the European Final, adding quote he couldn't care less about the club's Premier League form. Spurs stood up to Bodo Glimpt on Thursday, winning to nil, taking the tie five to one on the aggregate, booking a place in the Europa League Final against Manchester United. And remember at the beginning of the season it was Pasta Coglu who said, yeah, by year two I start winning things. So he could he could be heading into possibly Champions League or the Spurs, sorry, Spurs could be heading into Champions League if one Pasta Coglu knocks off Manchester United. That screaming herd was Ardrew Dickinson. So Spurs Manchester United just hagging above the relegation fight in the Premier League for most of the year and they're fighting for the Europa League title. Rubin Amerim has been a keen to stress that winning Europa League would not save their season. Pasta Coglu took directly the opposite due after Thursday's match, saying winning a trophy will be for more successful and just finishing high in the table. Pasta Coglu said, quote that is going to upset a lot of people. There'll be debates now raging in neither of us, meaning United in Spurs. We'll be able to get a trophy if we win. We're just going to take a team photo because we're not worthy. Who cares if we're struggling in the league. Why is that important? If it's so easy to get to a final, then why doesn't everyone who finished in the top three do it? I mean, it's a separate thing. It's got nothing to do with league form. We understand our league form hasn't been great under Sell. We understand the struggles we've had, a lot of them are because of the situation we've been in. But how does that diminish the achievement of getting to a final? Like I said, this club and others have finished first, second or third in the Premier League and have it made finals, So why should that be diminished? I couldn't care less about who's struggling and who not. I think both us and Man United have earned the right to be there. I think we're probably beating teams. It'll be in the Champions League next year on our road to getting there, so looking forward to it should be about game and so Spurs rivals Arsenal ending the season trophy list. Despite being involved in the title race and the prim and the Champions League semis, Spurs have not won a trophy since lifting the League Cup in eight first European final. They felt the final hurtling is Liverpool in the Champions League in twenty nineteen. It's exactly what everyone would be saying. Of course, this making a European final is massive, so Anchipasta Cooglu is like, yeah, it's massive.
Speaker 4: Rubin a mariem not so much.
Speaker 1: Shoot, I mean come on now and sorry, Alex, I have to bring this up as we kind of tour the Premier League here before the bottom of the hour, it appears it appears Newcastle is gonna scrap their crest for a new version. Process of creating a new badge has begun, as the club announced quote the need to keep pace end quote. With the symbols growing global status. Sorry alex it appears Newcastle is. They have concluded the current design, released back in eighty eight, is too complex and intricate for modern branding needs. The club have decided to start the process of creating a new badge, in a move that will provoke conflicting emotions among supporters.
Speaker 4: That's why we bring this up.
Speaker 1: Wonder what Dylan Butler thinks about this club statement today quote as our club grows in the global stage. I feel like I should read this differently. As our club grows on the global stage, the subull that represents us needs to be able to keep pace, needs to show up clearly and confidently across everything from kits to screens to merchandise. Look, actually, I'll save it. So we've been asking ourselves how well does our current crest represent the club today and how well would serve us tomorrow. It's time to update our crest. This isn't a decision we take lightly. We love our crest. It's iconic and it stood us through unforgetable triumphs and testing times. But it was created in a different era. Its intricate design doesn't always translate well in today's digital world, and it's difficult to reproduce it clearly and consistently. As football in the world changes, so too must assembly that unites us.
Speaker 4: End quote.
Speaker 1: Fourth time since nineteen fifty that Newcastle have redesigned the crest, currently heavily based on the city's coat of arms and includes the motto triumph through Defense written in Latin, nod to Newcastle's importance first as a Roman outpost part of Hadrian's Wall and then the city on the frontier of the border with Scotland. Citi's crest reflects the maritime heritage, drew two sea horses and also it has a small line with the flag of Saint George atop, sitting a castle turret. New Crest in the seventies, focusing on the Norman castle which gave the city its name in a magpie. Relaunched again in the early eighties with the sleek NUFC design on the shirt worn by Paul Gascoyne and Chris Waddle, which looks like something rather avant garde as I'm seeing it for the first time. Club returned to the coat of arms theme in the late eighties, remained the badge ever since. Survey has been sent out to supporters asking for feedback understood. As many as four different designs will be created and shared with a public vote to determine which option is the preferred one. Different options will be designed, with the internal preference to focus on refining and reviving the current rather than a reinvention, spoke to the Fan Advisory Board. Refine and revive as the recommended approach won't be designed in time for next year, but the intention is to have reached a decision on the new look in time for the twenty six twenty seven campaign. I don't know how many of you know this story, so I guess this is story time with John When how many of you show of hands? Remember when June Jones became the head coach at Hawaii and Lee Steinberg was his agent at the time. Show of hands? Anybody, anybody, those of us of a certain age, anyone.
Speaker 4: They decided to go away.
Speaker 1: And you see this now in retro and things like that when you go to retro gear stores and things like that. You remember the UH and the Rainbow because they were the Rainbow Warriors at the time. June Jones when he came to campus and Lee Steinberg decided that they wanted to change the design of the uh rainbow logo and they caught holy hell for it. They they redesigned it and it ended up with the Polynesian design with the H and the rainbow was the rainbow disappeared from the design. And this was part of that run when they had Colt Brennant quarterback and they went to the Sugar Bowl and got you know, and got completely destroyed by the University of Georgia. That was that time frame with June Jones. What folks on the island told June Jones at that time when they were redesigning the logos that you're messing with the islands ali e al i apostrophe eye and you know, like Hawaii is in true spelling h a w a I apostrophe I Hawaii to give that pause in between the two eyes. So you're messing with the island nations.
Speaker 4: Ali E what the short version of ali e.
Speaker 1: Is like your juju, your mojo, your your identity, A couple on a couple of different dimensions. And they were told by those on the island who are firm believers in ali E and what it means to you know, to the heart and to the philosophy on the island. It's like, you know, and I'm paraphrasing, bruh, don't do it. You know, it's bad juju. Shortly after the redesign of the U H Rainbow Warrior logo was when June Jones got into the auto what he got into the automobile crash on the island where I think he was. He had a Lincoln Town card that time, and it crashed into an abutment under an overpass. So a lot of folks sat there, and those who are those who are firm believers in uh, superstition and guidance of higher powers and things like that, they they were like, you know, that's that's what happens when you, you know, when you mess with the islands.
Speaker 4: Ali E. I fear.
Speaker 1: That this might end up being the same thing if Newcastle goes down this road, like I said, and I am a person that believes in history and believes in uh those kinds of things, and you know, ali E and juju and all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: So I fear.
Speaker 1: Just that part of me that is superstitious or ritualistic or whatever that you have a situation like that where Newcastle's deciding that why can't you technologically, you know, do why why can't you?
Speaker 4: Why can't you? It's kind of hard, Well why can't you?
Speaker 1: I mean technology over the last thirty seven years, I think has improved a little bit. Oh, it's too hard. I don't know if we can reproduce that on merch And that was the key. It's like all these different things in merchandise. I'm like, oh, okay, you want something that's easy to turn on merch in the catalog as a part of your rebrand the Utah Mammoth. They did a hell of a job. You got an m and a mountain and a mammoth and Utah and all those things in the logo and the black sweater is awesome, But that's because you're new as you were trying to figure something out. This is the fourth redesign of the Newcastle logo and crest and you're like, yeah.
Speaker 4: You were.
Speaker 1: Look, it's kind of you know, we kind of need to look at things here to make it easier to reproduce. It needs to show up clearly and confidently across everything from kits to screens to merchandise, so gear that you wear, gear that you buy, and screensavers, among other things. That's what they're hunting for. Something that's easy to flip. What's wrong with what you have now? Maybe modernizing it, yeah, but going completely off the rails, like the the avant garde in UFC that I saw in the photographs from Luke Edwards at the Telegram. That's out there, man, that's like bubble letters on Saturday Morning cartoons in the nineties. So Newcastle is undergoing the idea of redesigning their crest. Don't want no sea horses, don't want no Latin, don't want no lion holding the flag on the top of a castle.
Speaker 4: We're redesigning, Okay.
Speaker 1: Like I said, man, you're messing with the alie of Newcastle by doing That's my gut, that's what my gut is telling me here.
Speaker 4: I mean this is I don't think it's like the.
Speaker 1: Whole Coke New Coke Coke Classic thing, But we haven't gotten to what New Coke looks like in Newcastle yet right now anyway. But at the same time, we don't know what it's gonna look like with Coke Classic coming out. On the other side, we haven't gotten New Coke with Newcastle yet. I want to see what New Coke looks like then I want to see the outrage that's attached, because you know that some folks are gonna like it, some folks are gonna hate it, some folks are gonna kind of be like, Eh, it's the three Bears of logos in merch. That's what you're staring at Newcastle. So Newcastle's gonna design stuff. Okay, So we'll see what happens. Like I said, I still think they're messing with the ali E, the Juju and all of that. Speaking of ali E and Juju, we bring in our mogul and training and find out what it was like to have a full Barn. I feel I feel like Michael, I feel like you had you got to have your proud.
Speaker 4: Father moment in the open copy. Am I wrong?
Speaker 5: I mean I no, You're not wrong. Would have been prouder had the result gone our way. But the performance was good. It was a little unlucky and uh, but all in all a tremendous week for the club and the stadium. So no complaints at all.
Speaker 4: So when you got up there walk me through.
Speaker 1: It was going through your mind as you're seeing everything, It's like, oh wow, this barn is really you know, fricking awesome. And then you have New England come to town and everything that's attached to all that.
Speaker 4: Walk me through your weeks.
Speaker 5: I got to the stadium Friday at about seven forty five in the morning, and two things. One, pictures don't do the stadium justice as far as like, it's much nicer in person and really cool right there on the water and you know, weather helps. Number Two, I was stunned at oh my god, there's eighty million little things that still need to be done around here. Oh yeah, so it was all hands on deck. I was at the stadium from seven to forty five until about nine to thirty pm all day, left for an hour and a half for lunch. And yeah, it was incredible the amount of work that people put into that stadium. I mean obviously for weeks leading up, but just even the last twenty four hours before the game just amazing. So yeah, definitely a huge team effort. But yeah, so that was all day Friday. We had an event there Friday night for some VIPs and that went really well, and then Saturday got their around twelve thirty, attended a tailgate party for a little bit, walked around the stadium, did the march to the match, helped out around the stadium with just some little things with people helping out, and then yeah, I went inside, enjoyed the game.
Speaker 1: And eighty seven eighty seven, this is Saturday.
Speaker 4: There is a Saturday Zeroso. I was thinking Open Cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we had, you know, huge chances to win the game. They had a couple of big chances that coldly made some stays. It was a good game. We were down a few starters against a very good team in San Antonio, so a draw going into the game I would have taken. I would have rather have been three to three than zero zero. But no, it was a it was a great, great day. And it absolutely downpoured in like the eighty eighth minute, eighty ninth minute, like a southern storm that rolled in for about five six minutes, just absolutely downpourd and the fans that stayed out and didn't go undercover, they got louder and they really enjoyed themselves, and then a nice rainbow came over and that's how the game finished. And we had a huge chance in like the ninety second, ninety third minute. So yeah, it's just a really really good day.
Speaker 1: And ten thousand and seven hundred at at the bank at you know these listed is listed in the official notes in the League as the stadium at Tidewater Landing, but the bank is now there. You mentioned all the little things this. I have this vision of you like chasing after things. It's like you're looking at paint and you're edging with paint with a toothbrush, and you've got the painter's tape out, you know, all these kinds of things. Am I far off here? It's like, what were you doing? What were you doing to make this happen?
Speaker 5: Sir? I had a a few different jobs on the day. One there were chairs that meant to be like on our four corners of the stadium we have loges and the chairs that belong in the lojes where some for some reason, like on ground level off to the side of the stadium. So all those chairs needed to get repositioned. We had to bring a one of those big beverage containers, you know, it's like a five foot beverage container thing. We had to bring that up into the press box trash here and there. I didn't pick up a paintbrush. That was good.
Speaker 1: Please tell me that there's video or pictures of you doing all this stuff.
Speaker 5: I hope not, I hope not, but just pitching it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 5: There was a whole list of things on a big whiteboard that you know, the staff was constantly just crossing things off all day. And you know, our comms direct or sent me emails at like three point thirty in the morning on Thursday night, so you know him. You know, everybody was just working hours and hours to get this going. Incredible sounds.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you all crashed the second you got back to the to your respective rooms late Saturday night.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I got back to my house at like one o'clock in the morning on Sunday night, Monday morning, and you know, I was up with the kids at six and I was exhausted when they went to school. I crashed, So that was needed. I can't imagine those people that you know have been grinding and then you know, turn around, we had a rugby match on Sunday, we had to open Cup on Wednesday, We've got another game tomorrow. It's just crazy. First week at the stadium.
Speaker 1: Does it Does it feel like it was X number of years ago when you decided you were diving into this venture with Rhode Island f seat to carry it to this past week where you've had ten thousand and seven hundred, you had, you had the game with San Antonio, you had Open Cup, you've had rugby, you had all these things going into this venue. Does it seem like it was long ago? Or does it seem like it was yesterday? And you're like, damn all this happened all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: In just respect to this project, it seems it seems forever. Yeah, it seems long, just because there are so many ups and downs and so much bs along the way and red tape and like, oh my god, is this project going to die right here in front of us? But you know, when I think back to other things that have gone on five years ago, six years ago, I'm like, gosh, I can't believe it. Like my retirement, I'm like, jeez, I can't believe it was already that long, you know. So, But no, the project itself has seemed like a long long time just because of some of the stresses that have come along with it. But yeah, it's it's been incredible. And now my complete focus is a training ground.
Speaker 1: So I mean that's you know, I give somebody with a startup idea massive credit for trying to piece something like this together, having the idea to do it in the first place, and then you're going, yeah, let's go ahead and do it. And then all you really you realize that there's all of this work that goes into this idea of whatever that idea is that you're trying to germinate from, and then finally seeing that first step and you're like, okay, that's a great first step, and then you got to dust off and it's like, yeah, okay, now the real work begins. We got to this point of the beginning, and now it's sustaining going from going from that moment.
Speaker 5: Forward totally totally, and we've said that to the staff, like this is amazing. But now, how do we take advantage of it? How do we turn people that just want to come to a game every now and then into fans who want to be at every game no matter the weather or the opponents or the time of year whatever. So that's the challenge now, and that's a great challenge. We should have almost a sold out stadium again. On Saturday, we basically sold it out against the Revs on Wednesday and that was fun and exciting and awesome opportunity and but yeah, it's it's yeah, it's never ending. So yeah, the training ground is definitely a big priority of mine.
Speaker 1: And where where are your schematics and all of your drawings and your to do list when it comes to the training ground. Where where's your notebook about? Okay, is this this, this?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Does that hidden away? Well, where's your notebook on the training ground?
Speaker 5: Not even at that point yet, John, It's more big picture stuff. Does it have to be o z Land like an opportunity zone which affects taxes and all this other stuff?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: So does does it have to be that? Can we be outside of that getting partners and finding land and basically how big of a space do we need and who can partner with us? And you know, those types of things before I go in and say, okay, bare minimum, what do we need? Best case scenario? What do we want? You know? And thankfully we've got a very very very good team admin guy who's been around for a long time, so he could he could tell me what we need and want very quickly.
Speaker 1: All right, time to take the left turn and talk about what happens with at landy United and how we can apply that going forward. I know that we have we talked about quicksand a lot we talk about those kinds of things. How how much passive with everything going on in Rhode Island, how much passive interest to you know, looking at scores and things like that. Were you looking at with at Land United in Nashville last time out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't see the game, but I saw the highlights followed it a little bit to have read a little bit, and yeah, disappointing, especially in the second half where you know you're tied and it's a home game and we're struggling. You'd think that we would have been the aggressors and been on top. So to see that, you know, we were second best in the second half and you know, honestly fortunate to get a draw rather than you know, really unlucky that you know, and they've had a couple unlucky results during this run. But yeah, I think that was disappointing for sure.
Speaker 1: So when you have a when you have a lead and you're trying to not make mistakes and preserve that lead. With everything that has happened in recent history, when you're talking to your mentees about, you know, trying to preserve something.
Speaker 4: It's like, Okay, something good.
Speaker 1: Happened after a run of bad has happened, however you want to phrase bad something good happens, and trying to build off of a good thing after a run of bad things. When you have these conversations with your mentees, how do they respond about that moment, that one moment of good and you're trying to get them to build on it and trying not to be have them be afraid of that good moment, which I think at times sometimes during this run you might be afraid of success. Do you talk to your mentees about dealing with a success and not being afraid of it when you have that one moment?
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally. And even as you're talking, I'm thinking about injuries too. It's the same thing of not being afraid to be healthy, and that is a thing. Yeah, that's really tough because you know, when I'm thinking about it, I'm like at LENNI and Ida has never really been built to just win one zero, right, That's not the identity of the club. So I get that it's difficult when you haven't won and you get a lead to say, okay, can we just and win one.
Speaker 6: Zero, because man, I'd want them to have the approach of like, hey, we're playing at home, you know, with all due respect to an average Nashville team, like let's pound them.
Speaker 5: Let's set it and set the standard here, get back to it and win this game three zero. You know it's there for the taking. You know, Nashville obviously is a decent team, but no one's going to say that they're one of the best in MLS. And I know that they just put seven on Chicago the week before, so you know, it's probably not right for me to say that, but it's the truth, and you know, so, yeah, just unbelievably crazy right now they're in Atlanta. But as far as with mentees, yeah, you we definitely want them to, hey, focus on our positives and definitely to your point of not being afraid of success, because it takes a lot to have success and they put in a lot of work and so we want to celebrate those successes when we have them and know that you've earned them. These successes aren't lucky. But you're right, teams players can be scared of success and scared of health when they're not used to it.
Speaker 1: How do you get in your messaging and in the conversations that you have with Greg, how do you how do you guys sit there and kind of grab them into by the shoulders or whatever and point to the empirical evidence. It's like, look, you can do this, We've seen it. I know that with peer pressure and a lot of things that you know that are environmental, it sometimes is really difficult to push through and accept that first good moment and sit there and it's like, okay, we can add to it. You know, how do you how do you impress upon a mentee? You know, it's like, look, you've done this. How difficult is it to impress upon a men tea to build on success these days? Because you know, the whole put some dirt on it, rub it and get back out their generation. That's you know, that's when I was in school back in the late eighteen hundreds. But I would imagine it's different. But when you have these kinds of conversations, what are they like about, you know, perseverance and pushing through?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we say, you know, if if it seems too big, you know, then the first step just needs to be smaller. Yeah, right, take a small win, right to take a take a good half and be happy with that and then start again fresh second half. Okay, get a win the second half, you know that type of thing when when and if you're somebody that get subbed in summed oubt, like, just win that time period that you're on the field, right, feel good about that win, reset, and go win the next one when you're out there, right, So we just try and chunk it a little bit to try and build. Like you said, build upon successes is definitely an easy way to gain confidence and to grow into it. So helping them just reframe of what is a win and how can I feel good about myself? Because those things can change right from player to player and within a game, those goalposts are always changing. And you know, if we need small wins, we can create small wins to feel good about that, to build up and hopefully build upon bigger wins.
Speaker 1: How difficult is it to have them focus on a small win because I know that they want to focus on the big picture and the finish line and all these things. You know, it's like, okay, we gotta lead and you know, winning and all this kind of stuff. But sometimes sequential is the best way to go about it. But I know that we're all into the instant gratification these days, and it's like the quick result, and it's like focusing on the end instead of focusing on everything in the middle to get to the end.
Speaker 4: Is it? How different is it to sit there.
Speaker 1: And remind them about the small stuff to get to the larger stuff when we all want to jump to the end of the book find out who committed the murder anyway.
Speaker 5: For sure. And what we try and tell them is, you know, if you start a big picture season, right, it's all a bunch of smaller games. And a game is all a bunch of smaller moments. So these small moments matter. Every small moment within a game dictates how the game goes from there on out. And so yeah, we want to win our little moments. And you know, every moment doesn't necessarily mean a winner or loss, obviously, but they can be small things that we can build upon and they set the tone for the game. And so yeah, you know, and we also talk about we can separate team performance from the individual performance, right, So okay, focus on the individual performance here for a minute, and win your battles, do what you need to do, and if everybody on the team is doing that, the team is going to be able to do that as a group. Now, of course, there's times where okay, we need to focus on the team and what's best for the team, and you know as far as like oh do I need to pass this ball or shoot this ball, or do I go for my hat trick? Or do I play like a good teammate and things like that, But those are you know, different times, and you know more of the time we have to say, okay, how can I help my team? What are the small wins that I can create? Because again, small moments that's what leads to big moments.
Speaker 1: How difficult is it to separate being afraid to fail and understanding that failures can lead to successes because I know at times they seem like there are one hundred and eighty degrees from each other, but I think that there are times when they can blend and you can learn from one to the other. How do you get them to understand that there's a blend here, that bad can lead to good. Instead of having the bad way you down and turn it into more things that could be bad.
Speaker 5: It's tough. That's one of the toughest things. And what makes it even tougher is parents on the sideline freaking out out over every play and over every loss and everything, because then the kids are picking up on that, saying, well, losing is so bad. And yeah, of course we want to breed some competitiveness and the desire to win, for sure, But no doubt, you can't have success without losing. And we say athletes, they lose the most out of any person and job out there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: If a person that didn't have an athletic job lost and didn't have success as much as an athlete did, they'd get fired, they'd lose their job. But we as athletes can lose, and we lose a lot, and you're going to lose a lot, and that's going to happen. And so how can you learn from it? How can you get better from it? Right? Is it poor me? Why me? It's not my fault, coach's fault? This that right? Or do you take ownership? And if you can ownership of things and grow from it, you'll lose a lot less in the long run.
Speaker 1: Michael Parker is hanging out with us here at m F Parker's on the two hundred nighty character app at BG mentoring on said two hundred and eighty character app beyond Girls Entering dot Com here on the Friday Free Kick. You know, when you discuss failure and being in a funk and snapping out of it and all these kinds of things, I would imagine, I mean you mentioned failure and athletes. I mean what Tony Gwinn was a failure seventy percent of the time, and he's a Hall of Famer, you know, and that's I don't think that folks may necessarily look at it that way. Yeah, Tony Gwenn, he was a career, you know, three thirty five hitter, he failed two out of three times, and he's one of the best that ever performed in his sport. When you got into a funk as a as a professional athlete, how did you shake yourself out of it? And do you get to apply those same kinds of principles today as a mentor to the next generation to get them out of funds?
Speaker 5: Yeah, getting into funks is challenging and sometimes it can happen quick for whatever reason. And you know, for me, there were definitely some moments where I just felt like I wasn't playing great, was I playing terrible? Like no, I wasn't playing terrible game in and game out, But you know, there were moments and runs where it was like, man, I'm just not playing up to the standard and that, or it was like every mistake I'm making right now is leading to a goal Versus when things are going well, as a defender, you could trip over the ball and give the guy a breakaway and he shanks it or the goalie saves it or whatever. But when things aren't going well, you make one half bad pass, they pick it off, one pass in the back of the net. And it just seems like there's moments and there's runs that you go on and that happens. I don't know why, it's just the way it is, and really nothing can get you out of it other than staying the course and continuing to show up at practice and do the small things, and you know, get back to enjoying the game, because when you're in these moments, it's easy not to enjoy it and just complain about anything and everything. But that becomes really contagious within the locker room that I've seen. So yeah, I hope that the environment at Elani and Aida right now is not that and maybe that's why they brought the therapy dogs in the other day.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, I mean you know what Deacon does for you inside the Parkhurst household?
Speaker 5: Am I right? Sure do?
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: So it's like Deacon's the boss or a boss b and it's like it's the whole there you go. I don't think Deacon has moved since the last time we talked, but I And that's the thing. It's like, you know when you are when you're surrounded by or when negative energy is around you. I think that. So then let me ask this. We know what negative energy can be. What is more contagious these days in the conversations that you have with your mentees, negative energy spreading or positive energy spreading.
Speaker 5: Well, it's proven that negativity spreads a lot faster than positivity. Okay, so that has the power to be more contagious, much more easily. But positivity can also affect other people and be contagious, no doubt about it. It's just that that's why it says, you know, one bad apple, right, and one bad apple can really affect quickly group a lot faster than one positive person can bring positivity with them throughout a whole group. So that's that's a challenge, and that's why you try not to have too many of those guys around. Yeah, but speaking of that, I really like the question Emilio put out there when we're talking about positivity, because you know, he asks about a home crowd, can it be too much at times and cause anxiety? It's not a stupid question at all, because I literally think that's what's going on in Manchester United and when I watch them play and I hear the crowd, and you know, especially when you see Anthony do so poorly for Manchester United leave and then all of a sudden go back to the player he was at where it was PSV, you know now that he's in Spain. And I definitely definitely think a home crowd can play a factor in this. And I'm not blaming a home crowd. I think players need to be able to stand up and put their shoulders up and you know, stick their chest out and bring it on and really rise above it. But you know, you don't want to disappoint a crowd, and you know that, oh shoot, if we don't play well, they might boo us, and you know, they have high expectations and so that's why sometimes teams play a little bit better on the road where they don't have the pressure of needing to win or expecting to win in front of their home crowd. So, yeah, it's tough, but every player would rather have a huge home crowd than not, so they need to be able to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look at the idea of We've been talking with Greg, and Greg has been mentioning about competitive stress and things like that. I would think that competitive stress is multiplied at home, especially as things are not going well and everybody talks about, you know, hey, getting away from home, and it might be you know, something to to flip the switch and have you go the other way when it comes to you know, competitive stress and in a in a home arena environment, did you want to break did you want to get off the schneid more at home or just get off the schnid wherever it happened and then build on it from there. Did it mean more when you when you snap a streak, you know, personally at home or just whenever I did it, I did it and then the build out it from there.
Speaker 5: It didn't matter didn't matter at all home or away, you know, own goal or five zero performance, literally take whatever. Honestly, sometimes I think it a little bit more away from home because it's tougher to win away from home, and sometimes I can bond a group a little bit, right, and then usually the next games at home, Okay, can we build on this versus you know, you're supposed to win your home games, especially against most teams. Right. There's very few teams in MLS where they come into the benz and you're like, we might not win this one. Yeah, right, But most teams that come in you you expect to win. So that's where the expectations can lead to more pressure and more stress.
Speaker 1: Nothing like all all right, So let me go with Dell here. What was the What was the favorite time of day to play matches?
Speaker 4: Or midday?
Speaker 5: I disliked the most A one pm game.
Speaker 4: The first one out of the blocks, uh huh.
Speaker 5: Uh huh or earlier, and those those were rare usually for some reason, Canadians like those, so every now and then we had them. And the reason why I disliked it the most is because your pregame meal you're having at like eight o'clock or nine o'clock in the morning, and it's just weird. You know, You're used to having you know, chicken and pasta and that type of stuff, and so then all of a sudden, you know, are you waking up at six o'clock to have breakfast so then you can have a normal pregame meal or you're just having one meal. You know, it's weird. So I really disliked anything before like three o'clock. That said, I really like like anywhere between a four and a six pm kickoff most of the time.
Speaker 4: Most of the time, he says.
Speaker 5: It gets there's different factors that go into it, because I love the early kickoff because a seven thirty game, it's really difficult after the game to eat, you know, hydrate and get a good, nice sleep. It's very very difficult home or away, and so that was a challenge always. But if it's hot out, I'd rather kick off at nine pm. I don't care. Yeah, you know, so you know, if you're playing in Orlando basically anytime of year, seven thirty great, But if you're playing at the Bends, yeah, give me a nice five o'clock kickoff.
Speaker 1: Perfect, And so Dell kind of answers that it brings another question in that would kind of relate to your time there in Rhode Island and getting tied water landing off of running Genius sleep. But all after an intense game.
Speaker 5: It's tough, especially in the late game, right. You just you get on this high and it's very difficult to come back down after the game, right, So yeah, there's it's not uncommon for guys to be up until like one, two, three o'clock in the morning after a game, just because you're wired and you just can't. You just can't rest, right, You're physically tired, but the brain won't shut off of the mind, and you know, it's difficult. So yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 1: So after you got to move chairs and move drink machines and everything, and the match againt San Antonio. Did you crash immediately or were you still up until two or three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: No, I mean it was a four thirty game. So I went out to dinner with some people afterwards, and you know, we actually called it. I was expecting maybe we'd have a kind of a rowdy night, but everyone was so tired that I was asleep by ten thirty. I think I ye.
Speaker 1: That does not surprise me one bit because everything that you've invested to that particular point makes perfect sense. Okay, last time you were on, we had a guest collision, and so I have another guest collision, and it is time to bring in, uh, someone that you that you may know. And as we start our number two, we bring in Ozzi Alonzo to the show. And so, Ozzie Parky, Parky, Ozzie, and.
Speaker 2: Are you good? Man?
Speaker 5: Everyone's doing really well. How about yours? Are you living down in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Still? I still hear? Ye?
Speaker 5: Okay, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice to see you man.
Speaker 1: And so, uh, Michael Parkers, your question for Ozzie Alonzo now that he is on this side of the camera, what is your first question for Asie Alonso on A on A on a Freestyle Friday.
Speaker 5: I'll ask the same question I did Brad Bradley, Right, Philip, So, what's the toughest part of your new job, right of being on the other side in front of the camera and working games and things like, what's the toughest part of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It is different hard, you know, being decided talking about the gang. But the more difficult part for me was like the camera, you know, talking on time, you know, but there they're moving, but everything else. Talking about the gang is more easy. But the comera when they're talking in the in the are.
Speaker 5: Just distracting. What about what about this? I think I would have trouble doing this a little bit. Guys that you know, guys that you played with whatever, and they don't have a good game or they don't have a good performance. Is it difficult to point those things out?
Speaker 2: And that's when I say, yeah, it's high.
Speaker 7: When you play with some guy and you play for many gay and he's a friend of you, and you want to say something, you have to be careful, you know, because you were there, you play the gay and you know sometime you make a mistake and you don't want to hear somebody like saying something about you. But yeah, we tried to, you know, like say something like Globo not to hurt the guy. But yeah, sometimes you have to say it because if you see something, you have to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's part of the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So as we bid at you to Deacon and Michael Parkhurst, what's the latest beyond goals entering, sir.
Speaker 5: I got to jump over to a marketing call with Beyond Goals right now. Now we're getting things prepared for the summer, doing some different things around summertime with the kids and gearing up for a Thanksgiving camp, So getting things prepared for that.
Speaker 1: As always, my friend, great to see when you can hop on with us at nine thirty on Friday morning, We're going to spend time with us Valdo Alonso and find out about TV analysts as Volde Alonzo.
Speaker 2: Now, thank you, thank you, be good.
Speaker 4: All right, there goes Parky.
Speaker 1: All right, Ozzie, and you mentioned first off, I have an official title that I have to bestow upon you here, Studio Studio Analyst for MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, on the Spanish studio team for MLS three sixty on and on El Rezuman. First off, congratulations you mentioned now what it's like. How does it feel to be on the side of the camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you for putting Mehir to the show. Yeah, it's been great.
Speaker 7: You know, it's something that I've never done it before, So this happortunity come to me and I take it like right away.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been great.
Speaker 7: It's been tomorrow now talking about the gang, Yeah, we do like resuming.
Speaker 2: La Previa Entree sixty.
Speaker 7: It's been it's been great, you know, talking about the gang, seeing them ls from the other side of the field. I'm you know, I'm kind of like, I'm excited to be doing this for the leak for.
Speaker 1: Me, And you mentioned one of the most most difficult aspects of being on this side of the camera where you have to you have to kind of cut your head in half and listen to the folks behind the camera with one ear and listen to what's going on in studio with the other ear. Are you still trying to cut your head in half? If you kind of gotten used to the half conversations? Where is your head right now?
Speaker 7: In the beginning was very, very difficult, But right now I'm gonna get used to and now I forget about anything else. I focus on what I do. When they talk to me, I hear, but I can keep doing my speech. And you know, it's been great so far. It's been good. I improve every day. I feel more confident right now, So I'm very excited to do this and to be right now.
Speaker 4: Stretch, Stretch Outsie, stretch, We need you to start. Yeah, literally, don't do it. Yeah, yeah, rap, how's he cut? Stop? Rap stop exactly?
Speaker 2: Talk don't talk?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was this something that you'd always wanted to do when your playing career was over, to head into the TV side and the analyst side of things, To.
Speaker 7: Be honest, No, it's something like come out. I'm very open to any opportunity you like keptain Cuba. You know a lot of hope in this country, and when I fit in my career, they coming to do this this job and least in the in the studio in Spanish size I said, yeah, it's talking about the game.
Speaker 2: I know it's going to be difficult in the beginning, but.
Speaker 7: You know he's talking about the game that I know the lead that I play for many years. So I take like serious and you know, I'm very very excited to do and that I did not have this telling in my in my background, so I'm very happy to be there.
Speaker 1: And because you know, you never know when you're gonna get called in to sit there and it's like, Okay, we need you to play up top today and that's what you're.
Speaker 4: Doing right now. On the exactly the TV side of things.
Speaker 1: I do want to talk about it Landing United specifically, I do have an Atlanta nighted two.
Speaker 4: Questions for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, as we go here, but as we are one third of the way through the season, and I asked this question and Bradley Wright Phillips when he was on with us, we have the good, the bad, and the ugly from the first third of the season. Let's take it one character at a time and you can go wherever you want, either the good, the bad or the ugly. Which category would you choose to talk about first?
Speaker 4: And who's in it?
Speaker 2: They're good?
Speaker 4: All right? So who's your good? So far? At one third done?
Speaker 2: I think I'll middum.
Speaker 7: Lati la. They are good. I think May is doing good. Playing outside of the field. It is difficult for him, in my opinion. When you move him to the middle, he got more chance, he came more opportunity. He can combine more with that a lot. But when we play outside of the field, it's difficult for him because it tends to go inside together optunity and leave a spade in the size.
Speaker 2: So I think it's the good part of the thing. The bad part is the difference.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, sometimes you have to be more nasty, more aggressive, more commitment. I don't see a leader chip in the back line exact Brad back the songs there, But we need somebody in the field like step up the leader for the team. I say, let's go, guys, come on, we're losing, no prowling. We have to score one goal, no prowling. I don't see that guy. He's there, but I don't see that guy like showing up on the field.
Speaker 1: And when you have when you have a teammate get hip checked, plowed through, whatever, and you want your teammates to jump into that pile. You want to stick You want to stick up for your teammates. You want to stand up for your teammates. How do you in a locker room tell your teammates you know, dude, we need to step up for each other here. When when that needs to happen? What are those conversations like in the locker room. I need you to stand up with me to help out against these kinds of opponents that are playing kind of rough and we're not getting calls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, first of all, to say down in the locker room, you have to chew in the field. You have to live by something. When you live by some point the game, you got the freedom to say in the locker room, you have the spring guy, the guy like play good, your main guy like you go close to him and say, hey, guys, you got to do this one. Because if for the team we need a cohesion, we don't. We don't have any commosion right now. The thing looks like separate. Like you see people don't talk in the field.
Speaker 2: I don't see the union in the field.
Speaker 7: It's difficult when you know how that conao with the play and you have to stick together talk. The season is youngest to MLS two. Three game you win them, you jump to the playoff spot. So I think you ought to be more focused commitment to a team.
Speaker 1: You know they have time and when you look at obviously with Atlanta United, there's a lot of promise there from from your perspective with it with a lot of time left in the season. You get on a good run, You've got three games in a week at points, you sit there and you win two of those three, you get seven points, you're in the playoff picture. These kinds of things, How difficult is it for an athlete in Major League Soccer to navigate and to work through three matches in a week to go weekend, midweek weekend. How hard is that these days? In Major League Soccer?
Speaker 2: It's pretty hard.
Speaker 7: But when you're young, do you have the energy you can play three game easy? You have to prepare mentally with that schedule, you have to play Saturday winter Saturday. But we got the result, we got a trending with that facility to play Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 2: I'm performing at high level.
Speaker 7: I think every player now when we play that type of tight game and difficult game. You have to travel, play Wednesday, come back, play at home. But people, people prepare, you know, k you can do it. You capable to do it because we have everything to perform every single game, every single weekend in the field.
Speaker 1: Also studio analysts the last season passed on Apple TV, Spanish studio team La Previa MLS three sixty l resum and hanging out with us here on a freestyle Friday on SDH a.
Speaker 4: M for teams.
Speaker 1: When when you look at the teams so far this season in Major League Soccer, who has surprised you on the field so far this year?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 7: Bankoby Definitely. Banko has has been great. I think the stents on the coach is doing fantastic, great job. He made the team play together and you can see every weekend, every week, every week they're doing so good.
Speaker 2: They're playing the high level. Then the final Concacas champion cape first place in the West.
Speaker 7: So the midfie the differense the forward. You can see they play as a family. The cohesion of the thing. I think there's a primer lad to be honest.
Speaker 4: Then what about La Galaxy with their start at three.
Speaker 2: In the other side. Yeah, the difference the champion will less. It's hard. They lost last game with City without receiving any shot on goal.
Speaker 7: It's unbelievable. I think missing Riggy Push it's hard for them, but for me also losing Joeylis it's difficult too because they are the four kind of forward that he cleared the own chance. Sometimes you need that forward like throng behind or make that play, and right now they don't have it.
Speaker 2: I think Raes and.
Speaker 7: Nearly Berry I don't see that that type of forward like they can clear a chance, they can take one by one. The different they're more like in the middle, whatever the cross or good pass. But I think they're missing Ricky Push definitely.
Speaker 2: Yoga wish yo.
Speaker 4: And you sold it. And you sold him to Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're hoping that Diego Fordez, Christian Ramirez, Miguel Berry, they can help step up and be the substitutes there and that hasn't come out. And Marco Royce. You're hoping that those folks can step in and they haven't yet. And I know that a lot of folks in LA who are fans of the Galaxy are anxious about that. Who is your if you if you cast a ballot right now, who would be your most valuable player in Major League Soccer one third of the way through the season?
Speaker 2: Difficult? Can I Can I name two? Play it?
Speaker 4: You can't. Hey, it's your ballad. You do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: So I want to call it a peral bete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been great.
Speaker 7: Is different His kill, war, ethic e, commitment of the team of Vancouver has been great.
Speaker 2: It's been from Bancouver.
Speaker 7: I'm the other player, I said Devo Rossi's been amazing. From Columbus they lost Nande, They've been playing amazing. They keep the philosophy of the team, keep the board, and he takes the to be the guy. He scored go as you know for me, the other two for now so far MVP.
Speaker 2: The league.
Speaker 1: And then you bring in somebody like Daniel Gozdog from Philadelphia and you buy him to help out what's going on with Columbus.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're not scoring goals? What do we do?
Speaker 1: Well, why don't we buy Daniel Gozdog from Philly. Philly's like okay, cool, and we're just gonna take the money and you know, stuff it under the cushions in the bed and not do anything with it. Atlanta United, So with what happened with Nashville, with the run of form that they've had, they get the lead and then the rest of the match Nashville's dominating. You know that that goal is going to happen because they have possession like seventy percent of the time. After the thirtieth minute, the equalizer comes. When you had teams that were having poor runs of form, but you knew you could do better. How difficult was it to push through the bad and get back to the good. How hard is that for a professional athlete?
Speaker 7: It's hard, but only take one victory. I think I don't have to find a way, no matter how that, to win a game. To get the player more company to the coach, more company, because they play good for moment. I think against Nashville they have a good first half. The second half they're more slappy, like I don't see that desire to win. The end they cross down the game, I think, but make a great safe to save them in the bags. So I think winning one game is going to give them the next step to kick climbing the standing.
Speaker 1: And we do have folks that are watching and commenting as we go here, and we do have some folks in Charleston who are watching, and they wanted to know what you think about the current Charleston Battery team and the ownership and the stadium at Patriots Point. What do you think about what's going on in Charleston right now? How much do you keep in touch with that?
Speaker 7: To be honest, I haven't been in touch with them really much. But the only thing I can say is Charlton is the city the team that give me up between two playing in the United States was the bridge to join MLS, and I'm very proud to be part of or that thing in in the moment.
Speaker 2: The only thing I said, I don't follow the thing much. You know, I always wish the best for them.
Speaker 4: Because you know, you're kind of busy doing stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, really busy with them L three six it's different. Yeah, the MLAs study.
Speaker 4: How much how much studying do you have to do? Now?
Speaker 1: How many games do you watch before you get in the studio where you have all of the games happening in front of you. What's what's study hall like for you these weeks?
Speaker 4: Yeah? A lot.
Speaker 7: We had to start the whole game with a lot of game watching Hallai standing with the best player, make a mistake? What is the reg of the team, And it's a lot of thing MLS, So we had to keep an eye in everything respect. So in the weekend, you have to do my resource well watching Hallai go inside a lot of up looking for numbers and I when I had to say something, you had to be right.
Speaker 2: You had to have precisely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you if I had you get a get a credential to to walk into the Atlanta United locker room before this match up against Chicago this weekend. What would you tell them heading into that match up against Chicago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, First I want to say, guys, forget about anything to happen in the past, passes past.
Speaker 2: You can do nothing. The only thing we can do is today against Chicago? Tough thing. You got to perform.
Speaker 7: We got to be a thing that we are because we had the talent, we had the play, we had the quality. The only thing we have to do is perform and win the game.
Speaker 4: Sounds pretty solid. I like that idea. Uh so.
Speaker 1: My my last question for you is is is kind of like a gear question and Atlanta United two question. I will say this, when you when you had when you uh you had your rehab assignment with it Landy United two, and you had one of the coolest jersey numbers I've ever seen. You were in the eighties wearing a number for it Landy United two, and I'm sitting there going, man, they need to sell that because I'd be the first one buying it and hanging it in my studio space. Are you the kind of guy that keeps your jerseys from all your different stops? Do you have them all in frames someplace off camera?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have this jersey.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I used the eighty five because yeah, like you say, I was saying my rehab from my a c L injury. Yeah, so combat I want to I want to wear, but then was taking for somebody else, So I say, let me take the eighty fight the y I bought, so like I.
Speaker 2: Take the fight.
Speaker 1: Ah Okay, I was trying to trying to figure out where the eighty five came from. All right, So last question for you from one of our A listers, Abby, your favorite Cuban restaurant here in Atlanta and okayls ada, Okay, yeah, okay, because I was gonna say, man, if you had more than one, just kind of kind of like your MVP vote, see.
Speaker 2: If yeah, I got I got a few. But last it's pretty.
Speaker 4: Good, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh So, once again, thank you for coming on the morning show and laying everything out for us. It's great to have you on this side of the camera where we can trade notes and everything and learn how to cut your head in half and have conversations. Listen to one part, listen to another part once again. Studio Analyst, MLS Season Pass, Apple TV, Spanish Studio Laprevia MLS three sixty Elder Dazuman.
Speaker 4: Did I forget anything?
Speaker 2: No, You're good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad. All good man, it's.
Speaker 1: Uh glad you got to catch up with Parky for half a second and glad you could come on the show the way that this works, and you can tell BW.
Speaker 4: And I've told BWP the same thing. I said.
Speaker 1: Now that you know how to drop in on a Friday, you can drop in on a Friday if you're bored, if you want to come in and talk in this second hour when we have chaos and we're previewing everything on the weekend, you're like, Hey, I want to go crash that morning show and talk to whoever's out there, and I want to talk about what's going on this weekend. You have the keys to the front door. You can crash in anytime. You've got the garage door opener. You come in through the garage, you can sit down, you can hang out with us. So now you know, if you're bored you want to come in and talk, you can do it. You have an open door policy here at SDHAM. Ozzi is great to see it. Thanks for coming in. Do not be a stranger. It's going to be a long season. Thanks for dropping by.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate it. It's been a pleasure to spend time with you today. You know we'll be back.
Speaker 2: I promise.
Speaker 1: See he's promised. All right, be good, Ozzie will catch up you soon. So Ozzie Alonzo dropping by.
Speaker 4: How cool was that? That's fantastic And once.
Speaker 1: Again thanks to our buddy Kirk Roynods at MLS and Apple TV to have all of this stuff happen.
Speaker 4: Tyler Terrens, bwp Azzi Alonzo.
Speaker 1: It is the star, It is the cavalcaded stars that drops by, yeah at ten o'clock on Friday mornings to kind of let everything happen. And so like I said, like I tell everybody that drops in, you got the keys to the king, come on in, we'll talk. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is. If it's an open slot, you know, just let us know. But once again thanks to Kirk Reynolds at the League office for helping facilitate those kinds of things and get us all squared away with everything going on here on the planet. All right, let's say hot everybody and get through all of the promos and everything else that's going on.
Speaker 4: Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: David Morning, Alex Morning, Abby Morning, Ricky Ricardo Chili tomorrow for the match sixty at kickoff.
Speaker 4: Well, and you've also got.
Speaker 1: The winds blowing off of the lake into the spaceship, so anything is humanly possible. So Abby, we will get into high school soccer what happened last night and get you set up for today.
Speaker 4: We'll get into that. Yeah, I know. Ricky's like, yeah, Leo the fourteenth might get him a Pope bump. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was he a fire fan. All the confusion about him apparently, yeah, he's a Cubs fan.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Brother came out and said, no, he's a Socks fan. Mom was a Cubs fan. He's a Socks fan. So maybe he is. He is a tortured sports soul. And with the time that he spent in Peru and the US, Jared had him. You know, it's like, look and Nick is like, look, we get comb the ball all over the place now. So spent time in Peru, spent time in the US. You've got you have a condo ball influenced Pope. That's what you're getting at. Uh So let's see Abby and Ricky. Oh, Ricky has found out that he's going to be a part of the pre match ceremonies.
Speaker 4: Very very cool. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Take the flag home with you or like the the you know, if they give you one of those shiny pieces of floppy metal that you have to sit there and wave in the stands like that. Or yeah, if you get like the big banner, you get the big flag that you can plant in your backyard maybe do something like that, or take it and string it across like your office something like that. Make sure that you make sure that you can take a lot of stuff home and free and uh yes, show and tell. Yeah, absolutely need a day post Club World Cup where I let everybody show and tell their experience.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I like that idea. We need to do it after the Club World Cup.
Speaker 1: We need to have one of our public gatherings where everybody can just kind of bring stuff and we just kind of have everyone assembly line. Here's what happened to me. Here's what happened to me. Here's what happened to me. So Club World Cup. Let's see. So, yes, I'll be most Poppa. Absolutely true, Amelia, that is absolutely true.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's see.
Speaker 1: Yep Aston Villa Newcastle in August in Nashville, morning, David.
Speaker 4: Let's see morning Evan.
Speaker 1: Uh been a while, and so Evan, Evan, thanks for asking about that, because I think that was why Parky was talking about all the infrastructure and everything because of that question there, Alex was driving, didn't have a problem with it, got the season's third shirt and has the early round eighties round in UFC with the Magpie. Okay, yeah, Alex reminded me. Yeah, didn't we redesign our logo to make it easier to reproduce?
Speaker 4: Yes, we did.
Speaker 1: I will give I will give Florida State credit though the turquoise colored line of gear as an homage to the Seminole tribe themselves. And I know as an alum that we do the that all of the gear that is produced is done with the consultation with the Seminole tribe and then then it's produced, and the revenue sharing and all that kind of stuff, as you well should. But with the turquoise line that you could not keep, you could not keep that in stores. That was a great idea. I probably had more turquoise stuff than I do garnet and gold. I love that idea. They need to produce more. But yes, we did make it easier to reproduce. And yeah, nothing bad happened on the field, And don't even remind me of about Mike Norvel. So morning Dell Dell got to see Parky and started running the uh the Charleston Rhode Island smack.
Speaker 4: That's always good.
Speaker 1: Let's see so, yes and uh, Mother's Day is this weekend, so once again, remember folks, once again remember Mother's Day. Get your gear squared away and get your gift squared away. And we did take care of Master Prodigitality. We did take care of that one. Let's see so Dell and very impressed with what they're doing at Rhode Island. One of the playoffs, but earlier this season it went to the Battery. Definitely gonna be catching up with them, Yes and so and so let's see Abby and Dell and Alex and uh yeah, more nasty.
Speaker 4: That was Kyle.
Speaker 1: That's why we kind of wanted to bring that up, because when you have somebody like Ozzie Alonzo who is nasty, you bring up that question to someone who has that streak and nasty him. And that's why I wanted to see what his response was when he's been looking at at Land United and.
Speaker 4: Seeing how they are physically on the field. Bend Bender to the Union.
Speaker 1: Okay, morning Rich, so officially official Ben Bender, morning Bam. And let's see so a Bram with the brace. Yes, watching FSU softball.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, the newer, the newer logo Abbey at Florida State. It's a little bit too more, a little too aero dynamic for my picking. But yeah, I love the turquoise stuff. And yes, always good for the smack talk, especially involving Dell with Rhode Island and Charleston. Okay, so what we need to do before we get out of here is we need to look at juice boxes, We need to do the game previews, we need to find out what our ref assignments are, and we also need to see if we know what our announcer assignments are, and find out what's going on at Land United right now is practicing on Friday. They're off on Thursdays, and so it's a bit of a flip in the schedule where you have instead of being off on Friday and easing into travel and leaving and heading to Chicago day before you are, now you're practicing and heading into all of your all of your pre match team minus twenty four window, and it's at practice this morning instead of taking today off and leading into your your weekend play. I kind of understand it, if I'm trying to process it. Properly, where instead of having a day off, you're you're you're out of rhythm. So like you practice Monday through Thursday, you're you don't practice on Friday for a Saturday or a Sunday. Then you kind of dump out of your rhythm a little bit and you're just kind of like eh, and then it takes a little while for the engine to kick back in when you're trying to get all squared away. So I understand it. It's it's atypical, but I understand it. We do have our announcer assignments, by the way. For Match Day twelve, Neil seek A, Lloyd Sam are going to be calling the match for Chicago. In Atlanta, it is Keith and Moe on Loon's and Messi and Friends. You've got Blaze Price and Paul Dolan calling the match in Toronto against DC United seven thirties, Tyler and Kendra. It is Austin and def C, Cincinnati SICCA and Sam once again NYC. In Montreal, Kangy and Danny doing Red Bulls. So it's a home game for Kangy and Danny Red Bulls. In lag Christian Miles Lorie Lindsay are calling the Purple team and the Revs. Callum and Kalen are calling the late start. It's an eight thirty for Philadelphia and Columbus. Josh Eastern, Jamie Watson scd in Rail Salt Lake, Mark Followell Warren Barton. It's a bit of a home match for Mark Followell. He doesn't have to leave the state of Texas. It is a Houston in Seattle, Tony Husband, Ross Smith, it's a home game for Tony Husband calling Nashville and Charlotte. Nate the Katie, Devin Kerr calling All Caps in San Diego Rogo, and Heath Pierce calling Colorado and San Jose, Max and Dunny calling Sporting and Portland and sns IS, Jake Taylor and Andrew calling White Caps and LA f C. So that's your rundown for your announcer assignments. Once again, don't forget the local broadcaster option for local radio. I still wish that there was a way that Major League Soccer would do away radio, and all it is is taking an additional audio cable and patching it in from the visiting radio booth into the truck. Of course, I'm also operating under the premise that there is another audio input and output from the production truck to ship it to Apple TV so you can get the away calls for those that are on site. So, like I said, that's just that's me thinking. Allowed when it comes to those assignments. Okay, match Day twelve, we're gonna go through the ref assignments, let you know who's going where before we get into juice boxes and lay out all the other news. We do now have our start times and our dates for the round of sixteen in the US Open Cup. Fifteen of the sixteen are Major League Soccer. So Match Day twelve, Lucas Soapala is the man in the middle. Chris Elliot, Ryan Graves your ars, Elvis Aismanovich is your fourth, Kevin Stott is your VAR, and cloud Yobdea they are upstairs. Lucaszpala is downstairs. Philip Duych is doing the loons and MESSI and Friends, Corey Parker, Wald, Heatherly, Lorenzo Hernandez your ars and your fourth VR Caroline Schnard. Jonathan Johnson is with her upstairs. Toronto and DC Marcus d eli Ara is the man in the middle. Kevin Klanger, Johnny Fachini, Mario al ayas your crew downstairs, your ars and your fourth Shanta Heeney and Kyle Atkins, your var and your avar FC Cincinnati and Austin at TQL, Tory Pensobrooke Mayo, Megan Mullen, Sergei Demianchuk, So Sergei Demianchuk gets to hear Nico Estevez and Pat Noonan going back and forth with one another. Caroline Schnard is doing the seven point thirty with Kyle Atkins after she's varing at Minnesota United and MESSI and friends. I've always wondered, and this might be a question for our friends at pro how what it's like to do the quick turn? What it's like to do a back to back as a var? Is it just you know, wash rens and repeat? Do you need a break? Are there studies in these kinds of things? Is it better to do it, you know, back to backers because you're in that rhythm. So that's probably a question that needs to be reserved for var. Chris penso So Tory Penso' is at TQL. Chris Penso is at NYC at Yankee Stadium in CF Montreal. I don't know what it is, but the bearded, short cropped haired Chris Penso looks like you can off of like ice road truckers these days or something. Chris Benso man in the middle. Cameron Blanchard, Jeremy Hansen, Ricardo Montero, Ariah, your AARs and your fourth. Sean Taheney and TJ's a Blockie are the folks upstairs. Red Bulls and lag Guido Gonzalez Junior is the man in the middle. Ian McKay, Adam Garner, Pierre Looke Lozier is your fourth Units. Mike camp Minor are the ones upstairs. Purple Team in the revs. Ruby Elvasquez is the man in the middle. Corey Richardson, red hammil and Elton Garcia your ars and your fourth. Daniel Radford Jonathan Johnson are upstairs. Super U Park, Malik Badawi has Philadelphia and Columbus Crew. Jose de Silva, Eric Weissbrad John Matto, your ars and your fourth. Soren Steutschka the man upstairs along with Fabio Tovar, Rosendo Mendoza has FCD and RSL. Jeffrey schwartzel Stephen McGonagall and Corbyn May your ars and your fourth. Kevin Terry Junior is upstairs, along with Joseph Batco Houston and then Seattle. Victor Reevas the man in the middle. Felicia Mariskahl is with Diego Bloss. Luis Diego Arroyo is your fourth. Horgegen Zalez and Craig Lowry are upstairs. Nashville, Alexis, Da Silva and Charlotte Chris Wadam, Seth Barton Atahan ya Ya your ars and your fourth. Edvanjerisevitch and Kevin Locke are upstairs. All Caps in San Diego at Energizer Park, Alan Chapman is the man in the middle. Cali Smith, Justin Howard abdu Enjai are your ars and your fourth. Michael Radchuck and Tom Supple are upstairs. Rapids in San Jose, Elijo Areghin is the man in the middle. Anticipate a whole lot of fowls called in that one. Logan Brown, Corey Rockwell your ar. Sergey Boyko is your fourth. Kevin Stott and Joshua Patlack are upstairs. Portland and Sporting. Ricardo Fierro the man in the middle, Stephan Tanaka Freud and Ben Pilgrim your ars. Odaai Monroe is your fourth. Daniel Radford and TJ. Zablocki are upstairs. Vancouver and LAFC. Joe Dickerson, Wow, yeah, uh yeah, Richard said seven thirty for Fillion Columbus. I was reading the graphic or an apple on Apple TV. That's why it looked a little weird. So we'll go with seven thirty, and we'll go back when we do juice boxes, and we'll double check and take two out of three. Joe Dickerson gets Vancouver and LAFC beat two three four. Michael Barwagon layaz r FA your ars, Mo most Senni is your fourth. Advanjurissevich and Joshua pat Lack are upstairs. All right, let's take a peg of the juice boxes and see if we can come up with a consensus two out of three start time. I wanted to say it's a seven thirty. The graphic for MLS season past at eight thirty. But we'll figure out. We'll see what it looks like, and then we'll do MLS Soccer dot com and see if we can come up with three out of four.
Speaker 4: Uh in the juice boxes. Lay it all out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bam, Joe, I think bam, saw that Joe Dickerson was there, Okay, Chicago and Atlanta. Chicago is a plus one ten draws a plus two to eighty three. Atlanta United, the number has come down a little bit. There's still North the plus two hundred, but in the composite they're plus two to eleven. In our conversation that we had with Max Anderson yesterday, the play by play voice for Chicago Fire, question is can they make the emergency one time alone call up to not have Jonathan Gallan net and figure out Jeffrey gallin net and that be your keeper? What does it look like at the back offense? Is not the question for Chicago defense is So that is the question for Chicago defensively, what does it look like especially the back five?
Speaker 4: Who's your starting keeper? What's your back four offense? Is not the question?
Speaker 1: And they also played fairly full strength in the midweek against Union Omaha in Open Cup. How many minutes and who's going to be doing what? How much rotation is there in the side For Chicago Fire, what do you look like at the back, at the back four and in net? For Atlandi United, once again, what does it look like starting eleven four two three one. Who are your center backs? You figure it's gonna be uh, you know, we're keeping an eye on Pedromador and Brooks Lennon. What does it look on the edges? What do your two sixes look like? Is it Bart and Mattea's click and Jay Fortune?
Speaker 4: On the left wing?
Speaker 1: We do not have an update on Tristan million Bond. How many weeks it's going to be before he is back up to full song, because remember that you can sit there and say that it's going to be three weeks within a doctor, but everybody's a doctor is different. Everyone's response to treatment is different, and to rehab is different. So right now it is the big four? What is the what is your two sixes look like? What does the left wing look like? Those are the questions for at Landy United four point thirty. You have the two matches one North of the Border Loons and Messy and Friends. Loons are a plus one twenty four And like we said yesterday with Niko Modeno, Loon's don't want the ball, they don't care. Force Enter Miami and Messi and friends to do all the work. And you're gonna defend, defend, defend, I'm thinking draw which is at a plus two seventy nil nil won one something like that. I'm not anticipating a whole lot of offense on a very very angry Messian Friends team, just because of Minnesota being who they are. Plus one ninety three for Messi and Friends on the road Toronto FC and DC United. Toronto FC is a plus one thirty three. DC United a plus one eighty nine your draws a plus two fifty two. Toronto favored at home because they're at home. I don't know what DC team we're getting. I understand why Toronto was favored. I really would watch Loons and Messi and Friends if I were you, since both are starting at four forty seven thirties. Cincinnati and Austin. Cincinnati on the minus side of the minus one twenty three Austin a plus three twenty one draws a plus two seventy six Austin. Hopefully we'll wait another week or so before they figure out how to score an MLS play. They scored they were down to l Paso, Locomotive came back got the win. In Open Cup. They advanced to the round of sixteen.
Speaker 4: Once again.
Speaker 1: We'll take a pig of the round of sixteen coming up in a bit, so Austin hasn't scored in Major League Soccer recently. FC Cincinnati at home should be a tough opponent for Austin. I've got to go Cincinnati here, NYC and CF Montreal CF Montreal south of the border, they're a plus three fifty. NYC is a minus one thirty three draws a plus two seventy three. I would lean toward NYC in that one. Remember we're supposed to call them NYC Red Bulls and LAG Red Bulls are a minus one twenty in Harrison, New Jersey, LAG on the road north of plus three hundred draws of plus two eighty one LAG until further notice, and we talked about their schedule. I don't know where a win's going to come in the rest of the month to May. I really don't. And that to me is probably one of the more shocking things that we're looking at when it comes.
Speaker 4: To LAG.
Speaker 1: When you've got their schedule. Once again, for those who may have missed it, you know, looking at the schedule for LAG, you're eight and three right now, you're at the bottom of the West. You are looking up at everybody and you're like sitting because all the seats in the theater are taken and you are like one of the last ones to come in, and the only ones that are there, like the three in the front row where you have to slide down all the way into your chair look up, and the the projector screen that goes from one end of the planet to the other, and you can't take in all the information. Right now, LAG's in that front row of the movie theater and they're looking up at everything. They've only scored eight goals in eleven matches, they've given up twenty one. You're eight and three in the first eleven O four and one at home, and once again, here's the schedule for LAG. The rest of the month. It is at Red Bulls midweek at Philly.
Speaker 4: Gee. Thanks.
Speaker 1: My guess is they're not flying out, flying back, and flying back. They're gonna stay out East. Then it's gonna be EL Traffico on.
Speaker 4: The eighteenth.
Speaker 1: So next Sunday night, late night, it's gonna be L Traffico. After that, you go to San Diego to Snapdragon, then you host San Jose and you host Salt Lake.
Speaker 4: I could easily see them with eleven.
Speaker 1: To thirteen losses, and it would be RSL on the road at lag on May thirty first. That would be the wind to start things off. You would be thirteen and three if it holds to the match up against RSL coming out of Cali Classico, coming out of so Cal Classico or whatever they're calling San Diego in La the uh the six one nine and the two to one three, and you add them up the eight thirty two Derby.
Speaker 4: I don't know. So you you have.
Speaker 1: Red Bulls on the road, Philly on the road, and El Traffico three matches in eight days. I'm not looking too optimistically on that. So you'd be at eleven and three at that point. Then you go to San Diego. I'm not too keen on that one. Then you've got Cali Classico and then you got RSL. Then in June you got Saint Louis. But this is on the road. You go to Saint lud you've got the international break.
Speaker 4: Then you come back.
Speaker 1: You're on the road to Saint Louis, on the road to Colorado, and then three days later it's the reverse fixture in Cali Classico up at Stanford Stadium, and that gets you out of June. I am not optimistic with LAG getting to the halfway point being where they are end of the month. Maybe so LAG north of plus three hundred Red Bulls. That's kind of closed a little bit. Minus one twenty Purple team in the revs. Purple team of minus one sixty four, the Revs are almost a plus four hundred, and the draw is almost a plus three hundred. I see the Purple team here. I think it'll be tighter and tougher than a lot of folks may think. I would look at the total and see where you could get maybe two and a half, maybe take the under there. Best match of the earlies Philadelphia and Columbus with Ben Bender, the new Philadelphia Union player picked up on a free welcome Ben Bender. Philadelphia is a plus one thirty nine crews a plus one ninety five. Your draws a plus two thirty five. This one, it's gonna be a tough one. Impassion to neutral observers, go watch this one eight thirty, which means eight forty FCD hosting RSL at a plus one oh two. RSL is a plus two fifty two draws a plus two sixty one. Houston hosting Seattle Sounders are a favorite on the plus side of the plus one fifty nine Your draws a plus two twenty two, and Houston Dynamos a plus one seventy seven. No room for a draw here. I think it's Seattle, Nashville, and Charlotte in your eight thirties. Nashville on the minus side of the minus one eighteen, Charlotte a plus three zero five after they're scare in the midweek where they rotated an open Cup draws a plus two seventy four. I don't know if I trust Nashville to minus one eighteen. I think the draw perhaps, and then Dean Smith will complain after the match about something last one At eight forty it's all Caps hosting San Diego. San Diego is a slight underdog at a plus one sixty four Your draws a plus two seventy three. Saint Louis City is a plus one forty three nine thirty, The Rapids and the Rabbit Prairie Dogs hosting San Jose a to minus one point fifteen. San Jose's a plus two seventy seven. Draws a plus two eighty six, and the composite courtesy of our friends at Odds Portal ten thirty, Portland minus one thirty five hosting Sporting at a plus three fifteen. Once again Sporting not really scoring at least recently, but carries a Wagnin does have him somewhat turned around.
Speaker 4: In Form.
Speaker 1: Draws a plus three eleven. SNS Vancouver hosting a LA Vancouver is a plus one hundred even Money Draws a plus two sixty eight, and LASC is a plus two forty.
Speaker 4: Three, So rich to our point.
Speaker 1: Odds Portal has Philadelphia and Columbus as a seven forty start and so going three out of four, which means that the graphic on the two hundred and eighty character app is wrong in broadcast times seven thirty seven forty Philadelphia Columbus at MLS Soccer dot com, So please disregard the time that is listed on MLS on air on their graphics until it changes from eight thirty to seven thirty. Welcome Ben Bender. So that's your rundown of all of your juice boxes and what it looks like going into the weekend. We mentioned we had the stories about Portugal and the relegation scrap. Let's get into your juice boxes in Angland five on Saturday four of them at ten o'clock. There is no early full of minus one fifteen hosting Everton, ip Switch a plus four to fifty hosting Brentford, Southampton A plus thirteen hundred hosting Manchester City Wolves a plus one seventy two hosting Brighton, who's a plus one fifty two buttaeos kun is still trying to figure out an exit strategy. Twelve thirty The Late Game born with an Aston Villa sneaky good game born with a plus one forty one at the Vitality draws A plus two sixty five. Villa is a plus one seventy seven. Sunday Newcastle plus one seventeen hosting Chelsea at a plus two twelve plus two seventy three on the draw, nine fifteen three of them there. Manchester United hosting west Ham at a minus one oh nine. Coming off of playing in the midweek two days rest, you get the extra day of recovery, and so Manchester United and Spurs both playing on Sunday. Manchester United west Ham Manchester United a minus one oh nine draws a plus two seventy west Ham is a plus two eighty nine. Nottingham Forest with Leicester at a minor at a minus two ninety four. Forrest needs the points bad. We'll go over the standings in a sec. Leicester a plus seven to fifty three, your draws a plus four thirty four, the other nine fifteen Spurs and Crystal Palace Spurs a plus one sixty six. Slight dog get home to Crystal Palace, who's a plus one forty eight, eleven thirty Liverpool and Arsenal. Liverpool obviously is gonna have no Trent Alexander Arnold at the back, so Connor Bradley a part of that. Liverpool at a plus one oh two, keeping oy On Kiasa trying to get his fifth cap of the year, his fifth action of the year so he can get his his performance medal for winning and being a part of the Premier League. Arsenal a plus two sixty eight. Your draws a plus two to fifty four. Now the standings to get into Europe.
Speaker 4: Is what we were staring at. Good question, bam, that is a good question. We'll get to it in a second.
Speaker 1: Liverpool fifteen clear with three to go, Arsenal at sixty seven, and then the fun begins. Manchester City at sixty four, Newcastle at sixty three more goals scored than Chelsea, goal difference being equal, and one more win. Nottingham Forest, who's lost three of five. They are one three and one in their last five at sixty one points. Villa is at sixty so four points separating five clubs three to seven, which could determine everything from Champions League to Conference League. That's where it is right now, Born with at fifty three. It's a good run by you, injuries hit you at the worst possible time, but finishing eighth. Brentford ninth at fifty two, ahead of Brighton on goal difference right now with three to go, Fulham at fifty one, so that's an interesting gaggle between eight and eleven among eight and eleven, Crystal Palace at forty six, Wolves at forty one, Everton at thirty nine, better goal difference than Manchester United by two. Manchester United fifteen, Spurs at sixteen at thirty eight points. West Ham is at thirty seven points. So the two teams that are that are in the Europa Final are fifteenth and sixteenth in the Premier League. Obviously relegated at Switch Leester in Southampton IP switch at twenty two. Leicester at twenty one in Southampton, two wins in their thirty five matches. Obviously, you also have promotion playoffs happening, so keep an eye on that this weekend with our friends at Paramount Plus Gossip Brimmer and youu Indo. Let me go there and then we'll get into high school to set you up for noon. Eastern Soccer is in session playoff Daily Life presented by our friends A Kaiser Permanente visits to Hebren Christian and to Tattnall County. We'll go over all your brackets, get you ready for the boys semifinals because we're going to beat Sprayburry and Johns Creek yours truly. We'll have the call on the SDH network tonight and so you can listen on go to Soccer down here dot net, go to the listen tab and you can listen to the match and whatever channel it's on the most recent broadcast should be up and up for display, so you can listen to the Jefferson match yesterday that had them defeating Cherokee Bluff five two. Craziness across the board at Jefferson Turf and so Jefferson and A Coney County after a Cony County's three to one win over Whitewater at Whitewater that was on SDH one. Those two teams are going to be playing each other on Wednesday. It's going to be a fantastic championship game for Tripa A Girls, Judson Hanby and a Cony County going for three in a row. Molly McCarty chasing after a championship. That one's gonna go for a while.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 1: We'll go over all the other finals from yesterday coming up in a bit so gossip erveran innuendo. What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? We'll get into that BAM's question as we transition, And this is a good question. I do not have the answer for it. MLS rule only you can play in two cup tournaments. LAFC goes Club World Cup. Does that mean they have to back out of League's Cup? My gut tells me yes. I have no proof, but that's what my gut tells me, is that they'd have to back and then you'd have to try and find somebody who could jump into League's Cup quickly from MLS. But either way, I think you might be screwed. LAFC might be the team that plays in three just out of necessity. But we'll keep an eye on it and we'll find it. We'll find out if there is a rule, and we wouldn't have an answer until June first. Say LAFC wins, they're in the Club World Cup, then they would be violating the two tournament rule. Then you try to find somebody quickly who would be playing in League's Cup. That would be that would be available to play in League's Cup. Otherwise someone might be playing in three, might be just because of this year. And you can thank the Court of Arbitration for Sport end Group of Pachuca for their ownership habits. But do not have an answer, and I don't And it might be LAFC two.
Speaker 4: It might be that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Bam, it's a hell of a question. But it would make sense to have LAFC two well, But I mean, that's the thing. It's like, I don't know if LAFC two would play in League's Cup. I don't know if that would be allowed. Like I said, there is a that's a third tournament for LAFC.
Speaker 4: How do you fix it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can fix it with an MLS Cup, with an MLS club it might have to be LAFC two.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And if someone has the printed word on that, that would be fantastic. But my guess is they're gonna try and fix that problem. If it turns into a problem to fix, they will not have a definitive answer until June one. But like I said, LAFC might end up being in three tournaments, so well and bam. It's also it's not just letting them in, it's letting the twos clubs in, say an Open Cup something like that, which reminds me we need to go over those starting times too. Note that those have been established. So I would have enjoyed more twos teams in Open Cup this year, but that did not happen. Is not the case, But we do have our start times from Open Cup and what it looks like the schedule going forward. Initially, once again everybody was like, yeah, it's going to be on Uh, it's going to be in one location or another. All right, So here we go May the twentieth JP field at Anderson Stadium, Providence, Rhode Island, New England, and Chicago. So New England has a home date, but it's going to be in Providence ten thirty. The night cap Santase in Portland at PayPal Park. May twenty first at seven thirty at Suparu Park in Chester, Philly and Pittsburgh Downs seven thirty at the Enter and Co in Central Florida. The Purple Team hosting Nashville Harrison, New Jersey on the twenty first, seven thirty, Red Bulls in FCD seven thirty Eastern Loons and All Caps at a Lean seven point thirty, DC United and Charlotte at Audy nine o'clock on the twenty first at Q two. It is Cope Tejas Open Cup style as Austin takes on Houston. So once again your matchups, two of them on the twentieth. The rest of the twenty first, New England in Providence hosting Chicago is your early one. Your night cap on May twenty San Jose and Portland at PayPal Park, Philly, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Nashville Purple Team, Nashville Red Bulls, FCD, Loons and All Caps, DC United, Charlotte, Austin and Houston are all on the twenty first, So that's your rundown there now. Gossip rumor and Innu window night Bam, see you next Friday. And Abbey with the acc softball update down one nil against Duke Fsu hopefully rallying. We'll see what happens there. So today's gossip rumor in you into once again, check your sources, Check your sources, check your sources. In all of these Napoly apparently now want to sign Kevin de Bruna on a free that comes from the Times. Keen to stay in Europe asked in Villa. Understood to be among a host of clubs keeping tabs on the situation. Napoli also monitoring Jack Grealish three letter paper, take the information at your own peril buyer Levercusan's Florian Verts Manchester City's number one transfer target Midfield, yet to indicate whether he would rather join City or Byron Marcus Rashford on loan to Villa eyingam moved to Barsa once again.
Speaker 4: Marcus Rashford. How are they going to pay for it?
Speaker 1: We'll just create some more suites, bring in an auditor who sits there and goes yep, that's good, Oh okay, then you can transfer the other auditors coming and go. Where does this math come from? New Math would be the only way I could see that working well. Some are suites that don't exist. Jeremy Frempong has basically a thirty million pound release clause in his deal, major boost to Liverpool. Keen on him coming in next year. Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City have all made contact to sign Rodrigo from Real Madrid. Crystal Palace signing of confident a kind confident of signing Joe Willock from Newcastle. Brusha Dortmann joined the race for job Bellingham at Sunderland, scouted by Manchester United. Villa do not want to lose ninety million pound rated English midfielder Morgan Rodgers attracting interests from Chelsea, but he would be open to a move if the opportunity presented itself. All hill All's showing serious interest in Darwin Nunez and Luis Diaz. Chelsea want to sign Emmanuel and Mayhap from Omega from Strasburg, with Newcastle also showing interest. West Ham and Wolves two of the clubs looking at a potential summer transfer for Genoa defensive midfielder Morton Friendrup. Manchester City want to sign Flamingo right back Wesley that's from Jean Luca de Marcio and at Newcastle's Sandra Tonali remains you as prime midfield target this summer, but member Sandra Tonali basically said no, I love the faith that they had in me. I want to hang here. But we'll see what happens. Steven Gerard among managers being considered for the Rangers job because of course, because of course he is.
Speaker 4: Sure why not?
Speaker 1: Of course Rio Ferdinand is in the hospital miss psg versus Arsenal for TNT. Obviously keep your love and best vibes in that direction for him and let's see tied. Still no outs rumph uh okay. Women's Super League in England, according to our friends at The Guardian, is going to keep relegation after talks over the pause, They're going to continue to be relegated in the Women's Championship beyond A twenty twenty six and the Premier League is also urging clubs to allow dressing room filming and in game interviews.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: It may still end up being in front of the curtain with all of the sponsors there, so we'll see what happens with that going forward. Let's see what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. We go to our friends at Soccer America and lay all that out for you. We'll do today, and yes, the Swanson Family News there is going to be an addition. No word on whether or not the player who will be active in the next nine months is going to be left footed at right foot. We'll find out today what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. BN has the Turkish Super League being an Espanol simulcasting bisakshi here in Fenerbatchie at one o'clock you can get that all the bns CEO to Western La for the fans, Tase say Gold TV and our buddy the notarres Ta say Lega one lega one max pro all at finatis f and tz dot co slash soccer down here helps them out, helps us out, helps you out, continue being a true degenerate in the world soccer ESPN deportess Los Palmas and Ryovacano at three o'clock. Fox Deporte is the league that we neither condone, endorse, don't promote it. Two Peru Premira at four thirty, Comerciantes Unidos and b Nacional ESPN plus the Bundesliga get to twenty Bundesliga B twelve thirty, LA Linga at three, USL League One, Knoxville and Ford Madison at six thirty, Mlsnextpro dot Com. It is an off week for Atlanta United. The two's next time out of the blocks.
Speaker 4: Are going to be.
Speaker 1: On the eighteenth at seven point thirty with Crown Legacy, so that's the next time that you will be seeing that activity will be on the eighteenth. So it is an off week for Atlanta United two. They get to watch everybody else fire to FC Cincinnati two, Timbers two and white Caps two, Crown Legacy, Messi and Friends to Dynamo, Dose Rapids to Toronto two and CFC nyc SO Hudson River, MLS Next Pro Styles at seven thirty, Venture County and LA FC two ten o'clock, all at Mlsnextpro dot Com, Paramount Milan Belowna two forty five Coventry City in Sunderland the Promotion playoffs at three o'clock. Women's side Friday Night football with the Amazon Prime on the NWSL. Racing Wolverviline Gotham is at eight the Zone USA, the Northern Irish Premiership that's a new one clifton Ville and Lynnfield at three o'clock, Angel City in Utah at ten thirty on Colossal Network and Paramount Plus is simulcasting that one is at ten thirty. All right, so let's get you into what happened yesterday in the GHSA brackets once again. Reminder at the top of the hour. The next hour, soccer is in session Playoff Daily Live presented by our forends at Kaiser Permanente. We're gonna have Chad Griffin, the head coach from Hebron Christian and we're also going to visit with coach Chas down at Tattnall County and find out what's going on there. We get you to throw all your brackets, all the results that happened. If you miss this recap of the girl's side, we'll do it again in the noon hour and get you ready for the weekend. John's Creek and is hosting Sprayberry that's on the network. I'll have that call for you tonight. In let me see where my brackets start here, So let's go Class A D two Class A Division two. We were waiting for finals and that was why it's like, why do you not have the finals written, well, I'll tell you because I don't. So girls brackets yesterday we'll start Class A Division two. Irwin County loses to Atlanta Classical three to two, so I guess I should write this down as we go. So Atlanta Classical comes all the way from being the number five ranked team but being the three team out of Area six, and they're going to be playing for the championship. ASACA is going to be taking on the winner of Lake of Cony Academy and try On Loa is ranked number three and try On is ranked number one, So fantastic stick matchup on the right hand side of the bracket. The winner gets Atlanta Classical D one girls Breaman over Social Circle four nil. I talked to Heather Richardson via text after the match was overall. I get her thoughts of this loss to Bremen and Breman gets the win and they get to go into the championship. And it's Bremen and Model and this is going to be below the radar heavy duty. Class A Division one Bremen beat Social Circle four nil. Model beat as Charter one nil. So you have team one number one and team ranked number two Team six. So the top two teams in Class A Division one Girls, Breamen and Model. That one's going to be at mckeechern on the thirteenth at five o'clock. In Double A, Pike County and Savannah Arts are your survivors. Pike County beat Cohulla Creek six nil, furthest that Cohulla Creek has ever gone, and Savannah Arts hung on to beat Morgan County by the score of three to two. So Pike County, Savannah Arts, Savannah Arts on the home side. This one is a week from today at Mercer Macon five o'clock in the afternoon Triple A Girls. And we had both of these on the network yesterday. It was great to be in both of these environments. And it's gonna be Jefferson hosting a Coney County Jefferson five to two winners over Cherokee Bluff team one, ranked number one, a Coney County ranked number five. We had their matchup against Johnson Gainesville on our air, number five versus number ten shut out. Johnson Gainesville shut out. Harlem gave up one to Sandy Creek, gave up one to Whitewater. So Jefferson hosting a Coney County Triple A girls on the fourteenth at mckeechern at five o'clock. That one's gonna be heavyweight. If you can make it to that one, go to that one. In Quada, Mariston blessed Trinity Maris shutout Cambridge by the score of one. They'll be t shutout Alatoona two nil so. Second ranked Marriage Region five Champ is the home team taking on number five ranked Region seven Champ Allatoona. That one is on Thursday at five at Duluth High School five A. It is Northgate and number one Roswell. Roswell has run the table. Roswell ranked number one Region seven Champ three to one winners over Pope. They are going to be the visitors in designation at Duluth a week from today at five o'clock. As Greenbrier traveled to Northgate. Northgate got the win three to one. Northgate hosting Roswell at Duluth five o'clock a week from today. Six A girls Walton and Buford survived. Beauford ran through the gauntlet on the right hand side of the bracket, beating West for Scyth one nil so. It is the second rank Buford Wolves Region eight Champ beating Brookwood and West for scyth in back to back games in a four day period. They get a week before Thursday at five o'clock. Walton on the home side against Buford. Will try and catch up with Megan Hill during the week and we'll find out what it's going to be like preparing for Walton. As number two, Buford takes on number five Walton Region five Champ, Region eight Champ. Then on the private side, GAC shut out Whitfield Academy to nil. They're going to be the home team or are they okay? So GAC as team three is going to be the home team taking on Team five Love It. Love It beat Holy Innocence by the score of six nil. So Love It advances good season for Holy Innocence. So because of the higher ranking in the power rankings, GAC is going to be the home team Team three ranked number two taking on Love It. Who is Team five ranked number three. So that's your breakdown of everything that happened on the girls side, Do that again and the boys bread Bckets coming up.
Speaker 4: Top of the hour on Soccer is in Session.
Speaker 1: Playoff Daily Live presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. As always, it's great to have Michael parkerst on to talk about things. It's great to catch up with a Valda Alonzo and finding out what it's like to have to cut your head in half to listen to people talking in your ear and talking about folks that you played with or played against.
Speaker 4: Now as an analyst for.
Speaker 1: A studio analyst for MLS three sixty and MLS on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, Spanish studio team for laprevia MLS three sixty on Il red Zuman and it's great to catch up with Ozzy and the fact that he was born in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 4: Now we have the answer. We have the answer. I'm glad that we have that answer for now. We know with the eighty five jersey with Ozzie Alonso, we really do.
Speaker 2: No you know.
Speaker 1: And we're coming back in about fifty minutes to do high school one more day here this week. We'll be back Tuesday next week to go Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. When it comes to soccer is in session playoff daily, thanks to parking, thanks to Ozzie Alonzo, thanks to all of you and getting you ready.
Speaker 4: For the weekend.
Speaker 1: Atlanta United in Chicago is tomorrow afternoon batting leadoff for Major League Soccer, and you be sure to listen to Mike and Jason ninety two to nine in the game in the Odyssey app. Pregame is going to be at one thirty and it is going to be the full time report after that from Colony Square. So as always great to have you guys here for yet another week of SDHAM back in about fifteen minutes to do. Soccer is in session Playoff Daily Live presented by our friends and Kaiser Permanente. Thanks to all of you folks for being a part of everything here as we always are, and it is also very very very cool. So yes, Ozzie Alonzo does turn forty this year, but the eighty five jersey now we know why he chose a fine, very very cool in that. All right, time to get out so we can come back as we always do. We're ending Friday one particular way, moch of plot. All play it safe, enjoy the games this weekend. We'll catch up with you again at noon. We'll catch up with you tonight John's Creek hosting Sprayberry. Then we'll catch you up with you again on the weekend moch plot A play it safe since it's the end of the show on a Friday means we get to do this.
Speaker 4: The war was.
Speaker 3: The keys on the typewriter head, sharp points sticking into our fingers, the dictating equipment starting asking us questions, and our beepers sends. Electric shocks just threw our body like a cattle prod. I'm in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Our frail bodies were strapped to the chair and our chairs were chained to the desks. Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our save drivers, little bitty balls we've judged high, their breakfatress the streets, our oarsby gods, Yet Friday, Friday
Speaker 1: F