Speaker 1: Welcome to The Sandy Show. Wherever you are and however you are listening from sea to shining Sea. Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day. You know, if you want to text us, you can do that seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred in that seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Check us out on Instagram too, at the Sandy Show Official. Of course, you can grab the podcast as well. Wherever you get your podcasts, just search the Sandy Show. What do you got for us? What's the first thing that made you laugh?
Speaker 2: All right? Me make mine a double waiter your tater tots me. You heard me? That's what I like to double these days.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had tater tot nachos? No, I don't, just like traditional nachos with flower tortilla chips, but instead you put in the.
Speaker 2: Tater tot so it's a tater tot on a tortilla chip.
Speaker 1: No, not no tortilla chip, just like you would a nacho. But it's all.
Speaker 2: Face.
Speaker 1: I had that when I was up in South Dakota for the summer, the golf course that I was with, Yeah, and they that was one of their things, and I was like, you know what, I'm feeling wild. Yeah, I'll try the tater hot nachos.
Speaker 2: I could be mad at that. I feel like it's delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge tater tot fan.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It's just another form of a French fry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they always taste frozen to me. You know that frozen taste? Yeah, you know what I mean. They and you got to do them in the oven.
Speaker 2: Right, microwaven is microwaving them, mix the mushy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. So now you know that about me. Not a huge fan.
Speaker 2: Of the tater I'm still going to eat the tot.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today, boy with this the first time ever we've gone three days in a row in the same category. In song Quez we tied yesterday. We'd never had a tie before. The category one of our normal strong suits go tos odds on favorites to win Classic Rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lost the first day, tied the second day.
Speaker 1: They've made it tough on us.
Speaker 2: I know they really have.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna play that and just a little bit. Also, Choria's got the story we love coming up. This is the Sandy Show. Choria's got the story we love in just a moment. Thanks for being with us, for all of you new listeners. My name is Sandy. This is my wife. We've been married for sixteen years. Her name is Tricia.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Friends, this is not your normal marriage, friends, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Now. We sleep in separate bedrooms. We have our love language is making fun of each other, mocking, mocking, laughing, pointing our fingers at each other. Someone gets hurt. It's the funniest thing you've ever seen. Yes, that type of thing. So maybe you do have a similar marriage. Hey, you know what it works for us, these stories we love.
Speaker 2: All right, sand, I'm bett to give you a list of the ten sexiest baldmen in the world. And according to the criteria they use to make this list, I don't know how you're not on it.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I should be on this, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: A marketing agency use this list of criteria, smile analysis. You have a great smile. I do shine factor. You think that means how shiny?
Speaker 1: Y'all talked me out of getting the shine I got some oil for my head. Yeah, And I asked the girls, both Tricia and our fifteen year old, should I get the shiny or the mate mat and I wanted the shiny, and you guys talked me into getting the map because the shiny, you said, is creepy.
Speaker 2: Too shiny, is too weird, doesn't look like a head. So I don't know the shine factor. Maybe they meant not too shiny, vocal attractiveness, you got a great voice. Yeah, and media perception. That's how they created their rankings.
Speaker 1: How am I not on them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They're number ten, top ten sexiest bald man of twenty twenty four. Then Diesel Stanley.
Speaker 1: He's a fake bald man though he has hair. He could grow a full head of hair, a full head, yes, but he shaves it, so he's not a true genetically gifted bald guy.
Speaker 2: Oh it's funny because the reason you shave is because you're unable to grow the full head of hair. But he's you're the genetically gifted with yes, okay, that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number nine Stanley Tucci loves Stanley Tucci. French soccer coach Terry Henry of him. Yeah, Samuel L. Jackson number seven, Danny DeVito number six, Danny DeVito on the list the Sexiest of All Men lists. I should definitely be on this Terry Crews. I love Terry Crews. Number three, Shack number two, my guy the Rock, Yeah, number one, Prince William.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's good. He doesn't completely shave his head.
Speaker 1: No, he's hanging on. Yeah, he should just shave it.
Speaker 2: He should shave it.
Speaker 1: Right, he should be like all the guys in the song. Well, yes, it's true.
Speaker 2: You can do all the things that you can do.
Speaker 1: We are all men. We're going and proud. We all all man, and that.
Speaker 3: On our first date, I typically wear a hat.
Speaker 1: Those are my fellows, right, Those are your brothers. Those are my fellow bald brothers right there. Michael Jordan didn't make the list.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan not on the list. Danny DeVito on the list. But then again, Danny DeVito is not completely bald either.
Speaker 1: No, he's not. He can hang on it too.
Speaker 2: I feel like it needs to be complete baldness to be on this list.
Speaker 1: Danny is having quite a sunset to his.
Speaker 2: Career, right his Subway commercials. No, not Subway Jersey Mike's commercials. That's right, Lord, Sorry.
Speaker 1: Danny DeVito would never anyway. That is the story. We love stick around we've got coming up. Today's the day. Today is the day that we win.
Speaker 2: Feel it.
Speaker 1: I feel it's our third day in a row playing song quiz, and the category is classic rock, normally a stronghold for us. Yeah, we normally dominate, but we've struggled lately. But let's see if we can do it today. Echo play song quiz.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to song Quiz. How many people want to play song quiz one? To play a music decade, say decade. To play a brand new music genre, say genre genre. Choose a music genre. You can say today's top hits, stay at home party boy bands versus girl bands. Try the featured playlist two thousands hip.
Speaker 1: Hop, or say more classic rock.
Speaker 4: Starting your seventies classic rock game. Your opponent is Andrea, and don't forget about your lifelines. They're there if you need them. Question one for ten points.
Speaker 1: Kiss, Kiss, rock and roll all night.
Speaker 4: Blazon blazon You got the full twenty points. All right, Your score is twenty and Andrea's score is ten. Question two of five for ten points.
Speaker 1: Easy, Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker's Refugee Eureka.
Speaker 4: You got the full twenty points. I said, your score is forty and Andrea's score is thirty. Question three for ten points.
Speaker 1: I got it, Aerosmith walk this way.
Speaker 4: Her Boom boom, full twenty points. Your score is sixty, and Andrea's score is thirty. Question four for twenty points.
Speaker 1: I know I know Rolling Stones Angie.
Speaker 4: Solid Wow, you got the full thirty points. Your score is ninety and Andrea's score is sixty. It's time for the song whiz bonus round question five for forty points.
Speaker 1: Charlie Daniel's band Devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 4: The song was Wham Bam Shanga Lang by Silver. Your score is ninety and Andrea's score is sixty. Yes, positive vibrations.
Speaker 2: Oh if she got it, we'd still be in song quiz.
Speaker 1: Who has ever heard of that? Wham Bam Shama Langa ding Dong Yeah by Silver? Yeah, no idea. That song was never a hit.
Speaker 2: All right? It sounded like you played all by yourself. I knew the first three, I did not know the last two.
Speaker 1: You didn't know Angie from Rolling Stone.
Speaker 2: I did not know Angie from Rolling Stones.
Speaker 1: It's a good song.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a fine song.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to dig into my Rolling Stones collection today. That'd be fun to sit in my room like I did back when I was fifteen. Just listen to just listen to your headphones on, hoping your mom didn't holler at you.
Speaker 2: Those were good and mad because you can't hear. Yeah, because you have your headphones on.
Speaker 1: Pound on the door, Leave me alone. I was that kid.
Speaker 2: You were that kid, I know you were. I feel like could get glimpses of fourteen to fifteen year old Sandy. Everyone's start.
Speaker 1: I was a peach back, really peach stay with us more coming up. Air gongers unite. If you're not an air gonger, join us. There's a spot right at the end of our care don't care jingle where you raise your hand up and you strike the gong with us. If you do it, let us know text us seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Here we go, Here.
Speaker 2: We go, now now so satisfying, Here we go, Sandy, Do you care? Don't care? To find out the average American's attention span.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting shorter and shorter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually a little bit longer than I expected. It's writ a about fifteen minutes. Way around fifteen minutes. The average American will check their phone five times per episode while watching TV. If they're watching a movie, it's about fifteen minutes before they pick it up and want to do something else or look at their phone. Same for a TV show. Okay, podcast about nine minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's different. I thought it was more in the line of thinking, like, what's your attention of what? Like how long you'll stay with something on your phone? Like a TikTok type of.
Speaker 2: No, if you're trying to watch a movie, watch the show, how long you can pay attention before you feel the need to check your phone? Got you fifteen minutes, a little longer than I thought it was going to be. Here's a random fact you may be interested in. Do you care? Don't care to know? What they did to cure syphilis before there was penicillin.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, Well you put it that way, Yes, I don't. I have no worries of ever contracting that.
Speaker 2: Correct. So, before penicillin, the best available cure for syphilis was to intentionally give someone malaria. It cause such a high fever that it could kill off the bacteria causing Of course, there was a chance that it could kill you.
Speaker 1: The malaria might kill you we're correct. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what malaria is, You're like, as far as symptoms and stuff, I have no idea what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like it's something we don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want to get it right.
Speaker 2: Sure, I really hope you care about this. Care or don't care to find out what the new prevention method is potentially for preventing shark attacks.
Speaker 1: I really don't put myself in the position to be attacked by a shark. But because you said I really want you to know this, right, then I'll say, yes, if you.
Speaker 2: Go into the ocean at all, you potentially could be eaten by a shark.
Speaker 1: It was the last time I was in the ocean.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I'm just saying, but apparently the new prevention could be putting led lights on the bottoms of boards and making them flash, because apparently sharks use the dark outline like a seal outline.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they.
Speaker 2: See the dark outline against like the light of the sky behind the outline, and that's how they choose what they're going to attack. But when if there are led lights on the bottom of a board flashing. They can't make out the shape, so they're less likely to attack.
Speaker 1: I know they use LED lights for people that in like mobile homes, trailers, campers, things like that. They put them under meath because that keeps rats and mice away.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The vermin hate it and will stay away from the underpart, therefore they won't get in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well apparently it works on sharks too.
Speaker 1: Heck. Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. Yeah, that's a very good d Someone's going to get rich making surfboards and paddle boards and knee boards and stuff with the lights on a booty boards with the lights underneath. Yeah, it's pretty smart. That's care. Don't care. What's your name, Tricia, I'm Sandy Moore coming up. I don't know if it's because Tricia and I are on a fitness journey together.
Speaker 2: God, please don't say it like that. Please don't say it like that, or.
Speaker 1: If it's just coincidence that I keep seeing these things about physical fitness and this is pretty interesting. According to the Mayo Clinic, these are the recommended push up levels by age.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, this is like the being able to stand on one foot, Yeah, test that we did a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So if you're if you're twenty five years old, women should be able to do A woman should be able to do twenty push ups. A man should be able to do twenty eight. Guarantee. When I was twenty five, I could do twenty eight push ups. Yeah, thirty five for a woman, nineteen twenty one for a guy. Okay, at forty five years old, a woman should be able to do fourteen push ups. A man should be able to do sixteen push ups. Now this is where we get to feel good about ourselves, DRIs, because you're not quite fifty five, but I am. And for a woman at fifty five should be able to.
Speaker 2: Do ten, Oh I can do ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can?
Speaker 2: You do more than ten, and it's a low bar.
Speaker 1: It is. And a dude should be able to do twelve. Yeah, I can do twelve push ups.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, aren't you fifty six?
Speaker 1: I am, but I was just rounding. I was like, did you I was just rounding? Yeah, if you're sixty five years old, a woman should be able to do ten push ups, and a dude should be able to do ten. Also at sixty five years old, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I saw a story similar to this, and they do say they do allow if you can't do a full on plank push up that it's okay to do it from your knees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, until you build up the strength.
Speaker 2: Till you build up the strength. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right. Our daughter can crank out some push ups. She did fifty six last year in a.
Speaker 2: Competition crazy at a drill meet competition.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Did you remember a couple of weeks ago we talked about one of the indicators of fitness is how long you can stand on one leg, on your non dominant leg. You have to be able to stand for at least thirty seconds without losing your balance or falling over. Did you ever try it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did. I did it.
Speaker 2: I totally did in the shower.
Speaker 1: It meant you were old. That's dangerous. What if you'd have fallen in the shower fall?
Speaker 2: I stopped it. I stopped it. I think ninety seconds. I could have kept going.
Speaker 1: I don't need you falling in the shower, fall in the shower. I have to take care of you.
Speaker 2: I was standing on one leg. Had I felt like I was going to I could have put my other legs on a slippery syrf that was much smart, Sandy, I was fine.
Speaker 1: Just have to take things too far.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't. I was never in any danger. You don't worried about me. You're worried about yourself having to take care of me.
Speaker 1: If I yes, I am true love, don't act like you don't think the same thing. You don't take care of me.
Speaker 2: Don't you do anything to make me have to take care of you at an early age.
Speaker 1: Put me in a home.
Speaker 2: I will put you in a home.
Speaker 1: I'll be dirty at that home, might be.
Speaker 2: I'll try and pick a good one that won't. Must let you be stinky.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about that kind of dirty.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you meant you mean dirty dirty you're still going to be married?
Speaker 1: No, No, you put me in a home. We're no longer married. You put me in the home. That's it. Yea.
Speaker 2: If I've put you in the home, it's because you can't get around on your own. How do you think you're going to be dirty in the home if you can't move around, so you.
Speaker 1: Don't know what the will of a man can do. You underestimate me, ridiculous, underestimate those.
Speaker 2: Ladies in at home have anything to do with you.
Speaker 1: They will after a while. Yeah, we'll talk him and do it. I'll sweet talk him in between putting in your bed.
Speaker 2: You can't get up.
Speaker 1: Stay with us. We've got more coming up.