Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them dives makes the cat backhand sigh dustin off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it. Want to take your shot.
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series? I got it best.
Speaker 2: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padre's fans can line up to kiss our top sp ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome in to my Wrongo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We have flipped the calendar from June to July. July first, and you're Dodgers fifty three and thirty two, all alone atop the NL West and they're starting to separate themselves in the division. After a five to one road trip, the boys are back home for the final homestand before the All Star break. First up a three game interleague series against the Chicago White Sox. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mounta in this series opener, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next sixty minutes, here Amarago Casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to get to.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear from White Sox All Star maybe yeah, former Dodger Miguel Vargas who was getting his World Series ring. He was traded away last year from the Dodgers to the Chicago White Sox. TV goes one on one with him. In forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll dive deeper of this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We've got some injury news updates to pass along coming up at about twenty minutes. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA, who is back in. In just a few minutes, we check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday out at the Galpin Motors broadcast booth.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers finished off their road trip on Sunday in camp into the city. Luke Trevino was the opener, went one inning, gave up a run and Bobby Witt junior RBI double as the Dodgers were down one to nothing.
Speaker 1: He didn't turn it over to Justin Robleski, who was.
Speaker 6: Fantastic six shutout inning, scattered three hit, struck out six along the way.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers would give him the lead in the second.
Speaker 7: Things to Key K, they will go all day until you make them stop. Freddy is the same way and kick K hits one well to left center field, this one heading back toward the wall.
Speaker 8: It is over the wall and gone a home run. Kick k Hernandez hits his eighth home run and the Dodgers jump on top two to one. Well, KK this year has had difficulty hitch hitting against left candidates. He has no difficulty here in his first event and hits the home run.
Speaker 6: Two run home run off of Chris Boobach and the Dodgers grabbed a two to one lead. Justin Robleski put up his zeros along the way. In the sixth, the Dodgers tacked on a huge insurance run thanks to Will Smith to two.
Speaker 7: And Will swings hits the ball well to center field. It's heading back toward the wall, still caring.
Speaker 3: It is done.
Speaker 7: A home run for Smith hit it out just over the center field wall on a two to two pitch, and the Dodgers lead it three to one.
Speaker 3: For Smith is tenth home run of the season.
Speaker 6: Four hundred and twenty one feet to center field the Kaufman Stadium Will Smith the home run that is the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality top tier gas for less. Dodgers have three to one when they tacked on two more in the seventh Max Munsey in RBI double, micguil Rojas in RBI single, Robleski. The six shoutout innings turned it over to Kirby Yates, who struck out one in the eighth inning to put up a zero. The ninth inning belonged to Jack Dryer, who struck out two. Dodgers beat the Royals on Sunday in Kansas City five to one, justin Robleski the win. Dodgers take two and three in Kansas City. They go five and one on the road trip. They've won now six straight series after the win in Kansas City, as the Dodgers now back home at fifty three and thirty two on this season, first place atop the NL West. The Dodgers had a day off yesterday, a golden day off at home. Meanwhile, the Padres and Giants both lost, so the Dodgers now seven and a half games up on San Diego in the NL West. They're eight games up on the San Francisco Giants, who have started to fold here, having lost three in a row and seven of their last ten. Tonight, in the series opener against the White Sox, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at seven to ten, and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks very much, edus an absolutely gorgeous night for baseball here at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers in the Chicago White Sox begin a three game interleague series, and the Dodgers with a fifty three and thirty two record, they begin the night seven and a half up on the sand Eagle Padres, who were reigned out against Philadelphia earlier today, and eight games ahead of the San Francisco Giants. Meantime, the White Sox not having as bad a year as they had a year ago, but it's not that much better. Twenty eight and fifty six. They're twenty four and a half out of the American League Central Division. On the road, the White Sox have the worst record in Major League Baseball, second worst in franchise history since last year, nine and thirty two on the road. Yoshinovo Yamamoto hoping the Dodgers can score some runs for him tonight. He is seven and six with a two six one ERA and one of the promising young rookie pitchers in the Major League. Shane Smith a Rule five selection. In fact, he was the number one Rule five selection from Milwaukee. He's three and five, but he's got an ERA of three thirty eight, which is the best ERA among rookie pitchers in Major League Baseball. But a little different looking lineup tonight, MO without Mookie Benz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, and for rookie Benz just an off night. Dave Roberts earlier was talking about it's kind of a mental off night. He's available to come in and he'll be back in the lineup tomorrow. Interesting too, is that Dave was asked, well, is there possibly a letdown when you look at the ball club the White Sox, As you mentioned, you know they're approaching twenty five games out of first place in the American League Central Division, but on the road they're nine to thirty two. Well, don't let your guard down because the other teams, we keep talking about it, they know they're playing against the defending world champions. They know they're playing against the team that's tied with the Detroit Tigers the best record in baseball as they come in tonight. So they're going to be up for it and they're going to do everything that they can to upset the Apple cart. Here at Dodger Stadium, every.
Speaker 7: Game counts no matter who you're playing, certainly, and the Dodgers have gained so much ground since the fourteenth of June. In the last couple of weeks, I mean, they pulled away from the rest of the division, and they hope to continue to do that now if the calendar has flipped to July.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and with Dave Roberts lineup, it's kind of interesting what he has done. Moves Freddie Freeman up to the number two spot, and for Freeman trying to get going, you had a good game on Saturday in Kansas City. Hopefully that sign of good things to come. Michael Conforto's in there in left field. Tommy Edmond is playing at saca base and has on Kim will be at short stop, and if you look at Kim, you know he comes on. He's hitting at three point eighty three thirty seven games. He's not played a whole lot as far as nine innings and then nine innings and nine innings, but he's very interesting of what he has been able to do in the month of June, hit three thirty three and.
Speaker 7: Been getting on base. And I think it's important to note he's batting in the nine spot in front of Otani. And we've talked about it so much that it's important if you're the number nine hitter in the Dodgers order, no matter what your name is, that you get on base and extend the inning and get Otani up with runners on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and trying to have the threat because it's a whole different ballgame on how opposing teams are going to work through Otani if bases are empty versus bases are occupied with runners. And Otani's not had a whole lot of advance. In fact, he's one of the only two guys in this Dodger lineup. It's hitting below three hundred with runners in scoring position, so Tani and Conforto, everybody else in this Dodger lineup well over three hundred banning average with runners in scoring position second and third base.
Speaker 7: Again, we mentioned Mookie Betts out of the lineup, Dave Roberts saying, it's more of a mental day. They know that he's going through it right now, which means that he hasn't been hitting the way that we expect Mooki Betts to hit. He had five total hits on the road trip, just one in Kansas City in the three game series.
Speaker 5: And what Dave.
Speaker 7: Roberts said earlier today was, Yeah, he's going through it, but he will find his way out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I found a note today on Mooki Betts just kind of looking at some numbers, trying to look at tendencies. You know, what's really giving him problems right handed breaking balls over the last two years, Mookie Bets.
Speaker 5: And this shocked me.
Speaker 2: Just a one sixty six average against right handed breaking pitches. That is a big, big deal, especially when you look at the fact he has a very low swing and mis percentage overall, doesn't matter it's right handed or left hand. Yo, Chinobo.
Speaker 7: Ya'm a moto pitching for the Dodgers against rookie right hander Shane Smith, White Sox and Dodgers game one of an interleague series here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. Sounds good, right now? What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken mojos? Do it all at Shaky's dot Com. We're off running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, you'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You'll hear from Miguel Varga's former Dodger was with the team last year until he was traded to the White Sox. Getting his World Series ring tonight, and he may be a representative for the White Sox at the All Star Game. Begging of All Star Game. All Star voting goes until nine a m. Pacific on Wednesday morning. Dodgers dot Com slash vote Dodgers dot Com slash vote.
Speaker 1: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: Next though, we'll visit with Kirsen Watson, Dodgers, White Sox.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: Tim Kays is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 4: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Chicago White Size Yo Chinobu Yamamoto and Shane Smith. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kirston now joins us. Brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by, give him a call or go to Carsfurkids dot com cars with the k to donate your car today. All right, The Dodgers back at it home after a five on one road trip. Look at the lineup Kirson, No Mookie Bets.
Speaker 9: No Mookie bets and you know, nothing to be concerned about. But really just an off day for him. And when Dave Roberts was asked about it, he said he wants it to be a day for a mookie just to mentally reset. We know this year for Mooky Bets it's been a grind. Offensively, the results are not where he wants them to be. But when Dave was talking about it, he said that the tricky part is, you know, there's no reason as to why they're not where he wants it to be. This is someone who works incredibly hard on his craft day in and day out. We see him hours ahead of the game doing defensive drills and he's been really pleased with where he's at defensively and just that full time transition to shortstop. It's not something he's overthinking right now when he's making different plays, it's coming pretty naturally to him. But unfortunately just the results aren't there offensively. So today is a day for him to just completely just be down watch a baseball game. He has been working on a few mechanical changes with the hitting coaches, so he's probably gonna be in the cage. Of course it is mooiy Beds. He's still gonna be working hard to be available if need be, But Dave does hope to stay away from him. But we've seen it with Freddie Freeman this year, So today with Mooki allowing him truly to take a step back kind of be where he wants to be and then go from there. But hopefully and kind of have this whole twenty four hours to reset and then he'll be good to go. But it's gonna take some time to kind of get back to where he truly wants to be offensively at the plan.
Speaker 6: Mookie BET's one of seven Dodgers fighting it out for a start to represent the National League in the All Star Game in Atlanta, and Dodger fans have a few more hours nine a m.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow to get that vote in.
Speaker 9: They you sure do, and you know who we really want to see and it it would mean the world to him is Max Munsey. So he would be a third time. It'd be his third appearance in the All Star Game if he gets voted in this year, and but it'd be his first time at third base. And this is a player who, you know, it's just talking about the grind of the season, things like that the first half of the season defensively had a couple mishaps, a couple of struggles at third base, but has truly locked it in. And even I was laughing with him and talking about how it. Eric Carross gets really excited when he makes a defensive play and he's like, do it month, you know, We've been hearing a lot of that recently, and because it's just he has shown so much confidence at that position. He's gotten things, he's he said, even right now, he just feels like there are times where look it's over one hundred miles off the bat and sometimes it's looking like a slower ball, just because he's feeling so much more confident defense in the position. So he said for the fans to kind of come along this journey with him, see the downs and now see the ups for his bat to get going. He said that it was in Arizona he felt like he finally was getting back to his swing. In that swing I'm talking pre elbow injury, but back in twenty twenty one, so he's feeling really good. It would mean the world for him, of course, along with some others who be voted in, and we obviously want to see it. Nothing but Dodgers in representing the National League in the All Star Game, so we know the coaching staff will be there, so hopefully we can see some of those players as well.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it.
Speaker 6: Christ, we appreciate what check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vat SAG goes one on one with Miguel Vargas, who's getting his ring tonight as a member of the White Sox. As we lead you up to first pitch, I'm Tim Kais's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season law law.
Speaker 6: No Dodgers on Decan teen us is we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and the White Sox Morono Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Yo Shanoba Yamamoto and Shane Smith the pitching mancho first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report present about UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonslin on the sixty day IL. Tyler Glass now on the IL making another minor league rehab start coming up in Oklahoma City this week. Blake Snell Blake trying gonna throw tomorrow at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: More on that coming up.
Speaker 6: Rookie Susaki working his way back from an injury as well. All right, let's have back out to Dodger Stadium as we check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Get anything else.
Speaker 5: The questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 4: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I think in that start, curveball was good, the fastball, fastball was lively commanded well, unfortunately got cut short because of the weather. So hopefully, you know, we save some bullets and and you know, can kind of use them for tonight. But he's in a good spot physically, mentally, mechanically, so you know, hopefully he goes out there and those ways capable.
Speaker 4: Of any going today.
Speaker 9: Others questions for Sunday You can be Young short Rest or it could be someone else and.
Speaker 3: Machian's also pitching today with no case.
Speaker 5: Is he's still for the conversation.
Speaker 9: To be returning potentially for this weekend or how do you see.
Speaker 4: That playing out?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, EMT, it's still certainly in the conversation. I think some of it is going to be dictated on tonight with with Young Moto and having a conversation with him after his start, but Evan is certainly in play. I just don't know how he's going to fit in, you know, in the near future, but he's certainly earning the opportunity to be penciled in with us. Just stay off, Yeah, just a day off. I mean to be quantas probably more of a mental day. I feel that yesterday obviously a team off day, and so today to get back here, work on some things with his mechanics, watch a ball game, and he'd be back in there tomorrow.
Speaker 6: We see things trying to not be anyway or have you sort of seen offensive latest over a lot of ye or so.
Speaker 10: You know, at times I see kind of an uptick and add bad quality quality of contact and then sort of takes a downturn. And so he's in the middle of it. He's trying to find some answers and some feels. So hopefully today is a day that he can kind of use that to, you know, propel him through this homestand and beyond. But I guess, kind of like Freddie, I just haven't seen Mookie have this extended period of know, not feeling good.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you can point to with Muki for you know, why he's been having this extended period.
Speaker 10: You know what, I don't I don't have an answer. It's it's an interesting one because I don't think his misses are consistent. You know, there's there's more chase, and then there's some fly balls, some off the end of the bat, some ground balls. So I don't know, it's just kind of I know the hitting guys are really working hard to try to figure out some answers. I do know he's healthy. I think he's stronger than he's been in quite some time. He's an easy guy to bet on, and knowing he's going to turn it around for me, I'm very pleased and not surprised to see that he's holding down shortstop the way he has, and I wouldn't expect the defense to kind of, you know, reflect the offensive struggle. So that's a good thing. But yeah, I mean, he's just going through it and he'll find his way out.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: There's the manager, Dave Roberts, talking about Mookie Bets getting the night off tonight and not an issue with his health.
Speaker 1: Just give him him a day off and some arrest. All right, we'll continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check you in with David.
Speaker 6: Vat say leads up the first pitch on this Tuesday, It's the Dodgers and the White Sox.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio know him.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and White Sox on this Tuesday night, start of a homestand to wrap up the All Star Right, Dodgers will hit the road before the All Star Rate then officially begins Yoshiobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch at seven.
Speaker 4: Ten, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David base right, DV.
Speaker 6: We know the Dodgers are good, but they didn't even play a game yesterday and they picked up more ground in the division.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean since the Dodgers started the last homestand where they were finishing up a twenty nine game stretch, they went seventeen to twelve, including winning series against the Padres twice and taking care of the Giants two out of three times here at Dodgers Stadium. It just has gone in different directions for the Dodgers and the Giants and Padres. And that's a good thing, because, like you said, Tim, seven and a half game lead over the Padres, eight game lead over the Giants, there's a very good chance the Dodgers have a double digit lead in the division by the end of this homestand especially since they're playing one of the worst teams in baseball in this three game series, the Chicago White Sox. So you'd expect the Dodgers to take care of business against Chicago the way they did against the Rockies and Royals on this recent road trip. And just consider all that baked in with the fact the top three hitters, the three MVPs, have not hit it the same time this year. Mookie Bett still has not gotten on track this season. They haven't had Tyler Glass now, they haven't had Blake's now, they haven't had Blake Trining, they won't have Evan Phillips. And here they are tied with the Tigers with the best record in baseball.
Speaker 6: Dam it has brought to you by the twenty twenty five to four one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light for America. From America, an old friend back at Dodger Stadium day with the White Sox coming down and Miguel Vargas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Miguel Vargas, who was traded last year in that three way deal with the Cardinals in White Sox which netted Tommy Edmund and Michael Kopek, has settled in this year after kind of being shocked being traded for the first time in his career. He leads the White Sox in home runs with ten. He may be the lone representative for the White Sox in this year's All Star Game. Every team gets represented and Vargas may be the White Sox rep. But before the game today, during White Sox batting practice, general manager Brandon Gomes manager Dave Roberts got the Championship ring out and presented Miguel Vargas with his twenty twenty four World Series ring. Now, Vargas wasn't there during October, but he was part of the roster and he does get a ring, and he does get a Playoffs share as well, so they presented him with his ring again. He was in Korea with the Dodgers at the beginning of last year up until the trade deadline, so certainly earned and most guys don't even get that much run with the championship team.
Speaker 1: Dave real quick, Mookie Bets.
Speaker 6: We heard David, We heard Dave Roberts talk about why he's off today. It kind of feels like this is a perfect time for Mookie to get back to back days off his feet, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this from what I understand, this day off was scheduled before this road trip or during the road trip. But Mookie Betts is not homeward in his last eighty played appearances nineteen games. He just needs to be rejuvenated mentally and physically. And I'm an advocate, and I know this may sound weird, but I'm hoping Francisco Lindor wins the fan vote and Mookie Betts gets the All Star break off to just rejuvenate mentally and physically. And I feel like yesterday having a day off today, having a day off only goes to help him get ready and be strong for the stretch run before the first half is over.
Speaker 5: At least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. Dad appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 6: Dame's gonna go one on one with novel Miguel Vargas coming up in fifteen minutes. Coming up next year on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck, Gonna get your Dodgers Magical moment to lead you up to first fitch Dodgers and White Sox.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kates, is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. What do you network?
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and the White Sox on this Tuesday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Shane Smith the pitching matchup. More on that coming up first pitching seven.
Speaker 1: Ten I do.
Speaker 5: Without a hot Dog?
Speaker 3: Who wants a hot Dog?
Speaker 4: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot TBS.
Speaker 1: With the Dodgers taking on the White Sox.
Speaker 6: We go back to June twenty sixth, last season on the South Side of Chicago. Dodgers in Chicago taking on the White Sox. It's really a rarity in today's game to see a Dodger go past the fifth, the sixth, the seventh, into the eighth inning. How about a complete game? Yeah, last year Gavin Stone did it.
Speaker 7: They all won to Luis Robert with fam leading at first. Here it is swings hits the ground, bow toward the middle.
Speaker 3: Lux has it. He'll throw the first. Freddie Scratchy got him.
Speaker 7: It's a complete game shutout for Gavin Stone, the very first of his major league career. He scatters four hits in the ballgame. An absolutely wonderful performance by Gavin Stone, his best as a big leaguer, nine and two his record. He is the first Dodger rookie to throw a shutout since twenty thirteen Hunjin Ryeu did it, and the first Dodger to have a complete game shutout of any kind since April twenty fifth, twenty twenty two against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: Last year, Gavin Stone a complete game shutout as the Dodgers finished off the sweep of the Chicago White Sox on the South side of Chicago last June. This Hafey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Dogs, Offy so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we come back here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check backyard Rick Monday, so leave me up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and White Sox. I'm Tim Kats's the world.
Speaker 6: Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your Home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Chicago White Sox from the ravin Yo Hinobu Yamamoto and Shane Smith the pitching matchup in this series opener. It's time for the Verizon startup as we are now thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 4: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: The kid from Santa Monica is back in his backyard. Rick Monday, back home here at Dodgers Stadium, happy to be back with you. I was waiting for you and Max Munsey to call me, but the phone did not rain.
Speaker 2: No, we were waiting for you because you're a valley guy, so you know you have to you know, go over the mountains and then finally get home.
Speaker 3: I was hoping you come to the valley, I take you to Monty Steakhouse.
Speaker 5: No, but we could do that.
Speaker 2: And in fact, I was listening to the off day Dodger talking and I'm just having any discussion and you listed the Mount rushmore of the of the Dodgers over the last twenty five years. I know there was one caller has a little difficulty with the years. He wanted to go back what thirty five, Yeah, that's right. So it worked out, but it did create a lot of interest, and you start to bring up the names, and over the years you kind of forget about what some of the players were able to do and their impact within the organization and the community too.
Speaker 3: The Dodger franchise has had so many great players going back to Brooklyn. But if you just look at the last twenty five years, so many full.
Speaker 2: Players, most of them, it's like a who's who in baseball at that particular moment, you know, in that span of yours, and that's a huge, huge span. Also, the doctors have been very representative in that itself. So you're going to talk with in a few minutes of face is returning to the Dodgers, and an old friend you're going to talk with is now wearing a different uniform.
Speaker 3: That's right, Miguel Vargas, who might be a White Sox only representative or the representative for the White Sox at the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was talking to a scout a little bit earlier and they said, you know, of all the guys that are coming in with the White Sox, he's the one guy that he's basically watching. Didn't tell me why, but is there something in the works Because the trade deadline is going to get closer and closer as we progress, There's a lot of scouts are looking at who could be available, and I would imagine the Dodgers also have some very busy scouts out there as well.
Speaker 3: And you look at the landscape of baseball Rick, it seems like the next couple of weeks may determined for a lot of teams out there, who's a buyer and who's the seller. Because right now with the extra wildcard team, it's a little bit difficult to decipher some teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can put I guess the Giants, if you're looking at the Western Division, could be labeled that way now because they had now gone to eight games behind the Dodgers. You know, you look at what two weeks ago they were knocking on the door, but that door is a long reach for them right now. They've lost. The Giants have seven of their last ten. The Dodgers have won seven of ten, so they've stretched out seven game lead in front of San Diego and then the Giants eight out Arizona. They're just spinning their wheels. At the present time, they're ten and a half out. So is Arizona in the mood since they just got the ok for funding to improve their ballpark recently, are they in the mood now to maybe get active being the trades.
Speaker 3: It just kind of puts everything in context here in La La Land with the Dodgers, just how far and above they are from so many other teams.
Speaker 5: Is the valley in La law Land?
Speaker 3: It is sometimes, especially when I'm there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, today's anniversary. He kind of caught me by surprise. I mentioned this to Tim and never a little bit earlier. This is the anniversary of the first ever collegiate baseball game, but I had no idea what back. As far as it did, Amherst played against their art rival Williams College. Eighteen fifty nine was the first collegiate baseball game. But here's the ringer. The contest was played in Massachusetts. It was a square field.
Speaker 5: You believe that, not a time.
Speaker 2: And no foul territory. The score reportedly seventy three to thirty two.
Speaker 3: Is that all?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That was all?
Speaker 2: But eighteen fifty nine I caught me by surprise, the first collegiate game.
Speaker 3: How would you imagine seventy three to fifty two comes about?
Speaker 2: Well, there's reports too, there was only sixty six to thirty two. Okay, Yeah, that's more believable about perspective?
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds like Babe Bruce called shot right there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just about. And there's only one person that really knows what took place. That's Renee Latchman because Gabby Hartman was the catcher. I told you this before. Renee Latchman was a teammate of mine and a roommate of mine. Gabby Hartnant told Renee Latchman what took place, if anything, at home plate with Babe Ruth before that ball was hit. He swore him to secrecy, and even though it was a teammate and a roommate, he kept his promise. Renee Latchman never told the soul.
Speaker 3: Hey Capone's vaults open, but not Renee Latchman's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, latch on the phone.
Speaker 5: I'll try to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Rick, Well, check back in with you and Tim Kniver. You got nine innings to know that secret. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 6: I want to know that secret. Come on, this is the Dodgers game plan, of course. What's your game plan, Dodger fans? How about starting your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with the tuition, the books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 1: It's time to that next big step.
Speaker 6: Classes can fill up quickly, so roll today and I can go to college dot com. Coming up here on Morongo, Causino Dodgers on deck as we lead you up to first bench, full time deeper into this pitching matchup, we'll get you the keys to the game. But up next to go high in tyle with Miguel Vargas former Dodger do White Sox having a good season, maybe an All Star season here from him next, so we'd lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and White Sox. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 4: Work as we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the White Sox.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: Interleague series from Dodgers Stadium. Yoshinobu Yamamono and Sheen Smith the pitching matchup. Celebrate summer with two dollars off is Zenchi Sushi Hybrid Mini platter, twelve hand crafted pieces, including favorites like the Old Chile Roll, the Crunchy tempor Role. Find us at your local rouves next to the deli counter and look for the two dollars off sticker No membership required. Vouve between June twenty fifth and July twenty ninth. Perfect is a meal to share with friends. Zench Sushi is fresh, affordable and packed with flavor.
Speaker 1: It's the best.
Speaker 6: Stop by your local rouves and get two dollars off of Zench Sushi Hybrid Mini plotter Today Avida and now.
Speaker 4: What will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: It's a great day at Dodgers Stadium because one of the young Dodgers is back as a White Sox leading the White Sox in offense this year.
Speaker 5: That's the one and.
Speaker 3: Only and skinny, very skinny. Now, Miguel Vargas, thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you back.
Speaker 11: No, great to see you too, and thank you for the opportunity here.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget Korea. You and me on the streets of Korea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was nice. I have a good time. I was.
Speaker 11: I was lucky to I I spend that time with you.
Speaker 3: Hey, now look at you. You're doing well on the South side, and Andy Pie has wants to go to dinner with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, we really close.
Speaker 11: That's my brother out there, and you know, obviously every time we stay in the same place, were trying to spend time together and go to dinner.
Speaker 3: How proud are you that he is doing so well and you are doing so well?
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, you know all that he's doing right now really doesn't surprise me. I know how great he is, how good he is, and you know, he's really good and I'm really glad.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to see him doing well.
Speaker 3: He was joking with me yesterday or in Denver that everybody's trying to break down why you're doing so good? Why he's doing so good? Is it just a feel and it just clicks? Is it not that complicated?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, I feel like, you know, every time I talk to him, we kind of like engage together and like, you know, be on the same page and we you know, root for each other every time. So I think, you know, for for us to see each other growing up and you know, get better at the same time is obviously every time it's good.
Speaker 3: Why do you think he's done so well?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 11: Like, like I said, you know, nothing, all he's doing right now really surprised me. I you know, I expect that from him and maybe more. That's why he played one of the best teams in the league, and you know, he really deserved it.
Speaker 3: That what has worked for Miguel Vargus this year because you've been the old Miguel Vargus again.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, just trying to grind and trying to go out there and compete every day. I think you know, obviously last year wasn't what I was expect from me, but you know, we come two this year is have been good, and you know, I'm really happy to do wan the direction I'm going right now.
Speaker 3: How about the day that you were traded? Were you surprised? How did you handle that?
Speaker 5: No, you know, I was.
Speaker 11: I was Actually I was in my room with pajes and then you know, I get I went to sleep and I wake up and I got you know, my phone was low up. But you know, I really it is obviously a little impact on you. You obviously never expect that, and you know, I think that was a great opportunity for me for come to this league and you know, trying to be part of the league and try to you know, make make the right decision on the player in the field and try to win baseball games.
Speaker 3: There's a very good chance you represent the White Sox at the All Star Game. How much would that mean to you?
Speaker 11: I mean, will be means a lot, especially after what happened last year, would be meaning a lot. But you know, obviously that's something that is out of my hand. But you know, if it's happened, I'll be glad. If now you know, I'm gotta keep grinding.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this, I have a vision Miguel Vargas and Andy Paie has All Stars this year.
Speaker 11: That was gonna be a good time for sure, and I've gotta be a special I spend time with him in an All Star game for sure.
Speaker 3: Last night you and Andy Pie has posted you went to dinner. Did he take you to a good Cuban restaurant in La or were you the one that found the restaurant?
Speaker 11: I have to do all for him. He don't know it all like to pick places. But he paid for the dinner.
Speaker 5: So that's all. Models. Finally I found the place. He paid for the bill.
Speaker 3: I've sent him two great Cuban restaurants in LA and he hasn't gone once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's that's handy. Yeah, doesn't really surprise me. Then he never went to a place.
Speaker 3: All he does is Uber, Eats, door Dash, any of these things.
Speaker 5: Play.
Speaker 11: He played video games all day and text me and that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, sleep, Hey, Miguel, before I let you go, how much did it mean to you that so many of your former teammates came to see you after early BP?
Speaker 11: You know it means a lot to me. I think you know, I have a great relationship with a lot of them, and you know I only see them once a year, so you know, obviously it's great to see them back and you know, talk to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, since you spend so much time with Pahz, is he laying you stay with him in la or are you staying in the hotel?
Speaker 5: No, no way.
Speaker 11: I think you know we already shared too much, too much rooming mine, so I think we're good.
Speaker 5: This thing way up far.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, hopefully you guys are together in Atlanta at the All Star Games. You both have earned it. Thanks a lot for the time, and great to see you.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: There he goes Miguel Vargas. He'll receive a gift card to Canaan, the world's best polarized sunglasses engineered for performance. Their lenses are handcrafted in Japan to be the clearest, lightest, and strongest on the planet, whether you're on the water, the golf course, or the baseball field. Canaan sunglasses are designed to elevate your outdoor experience and give you a true competitive edge. See the difference at Canaan dot Com. Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks a lot, DV. Great to hear from Miguel Vargas.
Speaker 6: Know that he's doing well in Chicago and who knows, could be representing them in Atlanta at the All Star Game. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 1: When it's game night, it's group night, it's Shakys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Come up here on Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers at the Chicago White Sox Interleague Series from the Vine.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 1: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers.
Speaker 6: Work hard and play harder in a new Tacolmo with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bull See your Toyota dealers today.
Speaker 1: They make it easy.
Speaker 6: Shane Smith three and five, three thirty eight ERA, twenty five year old right hander undrafted at a Wake Forest in twenty twenty one because he was recovering from Tommy John surgery. He signed with the Brewers moved up to the minor leagues. Was a Rule five selection by the White Sox this past offseason, meaning they have to keep him on the major league roster or send him back to Milwaukee, and he's been on the major league roster in the rotation. Sixteenth start of this season last time out, two winnings, five runs and a loss to the Diambacks's first time facing the Dodgers. Yoshinobu Yamamoto going first eighth win of the season, coming off a really good outing.
Speaker 1: Last week against the Rockies.
Speaker 6: Dodgers White Socks were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 1: Keys to the game, Our.
Speaker 6: Next, I'm Tim kats Is, the world champion in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Audio Nella, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long. It's the Dodgers and white socks.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain warming up in the Dodgers' bullpen as we speak, first pitch is coming up at seven to ten. Dodges are thirty and fourteen at home this season, best home record in the National League. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's fireworks season. Fourth of July is coming up in a few days, so ma make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never ever used fireworks in near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot ca a dot gob All. Right, back out to the booth, Tim never Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks again, getting you ready for the first pitch here that'll be thrown by Yoshinobu Yama Moto again the Dodgers trying to get some runs for him. His last outing against Colorado was excellent until mother nature interrupted it and due to the rain delay he couldn't come back, but he pitched five solid in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the fastball I think really helped set up that split finger fastball, and he threw it for strikes and he also got some chase rate as a result of being around the strike zone. We talked about the hitters runners in scoring position a little bit earlier in the broadcast. Well, with Yamamoto, runners in scoring position just a one sixty seven average against him.
Speaker 7: Shane Smith, a rookie making his sixteenth start the opposition, hitting two twenty six against him. That's the best batting average against for any rookie in baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been very good also overall on the road. However, if we look at the last two starts that he's made, he's zero to two with an ERA. Well, it's over fourteen, ten earned runs in six and the third innings. But boy, he's stepping forward. He's a guy really out of Wake Forest, believe it or not, he was not even drafted out of college.
Speaker 7: Dodgers have won twelve of their last fifteen games, the White Sox five of their last nine. Dodgers White Sox lineup's first pitch right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Tip all right, first pitch is next. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. For the blue this
Speaker 6: Has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network