Speaker 1: You're listening to camp I Am six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: It's a Tuesday morning, June tenth. As we start a Tuesday morning, June tenth. Damn, that's deep, very metaphysical. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: Kno, there you go. Kono's back.
Speaker 1: He was gone yesterday. Cono's here with his hat. Now we recognize him again. Why didn't you wear your hat at our event at the Anaheim White House?
Speaker 3: Kno, because it was like a nice restaurant.
Speaker 1: Well it's a very nice restaurant, but you could have worn a normal baseball hate.
Speaker 2: No one you know.
Speaker 1: That, no one wrecking. No one recognized you. I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Those of us who work with you every day. We didn't recognize you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I was going, oh my god. And Will Coleschreiber, we all recognized you. How you doing, Good morning, sir. I'm okay. It could be worse, not much, but it could be Neil, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amy, there you are.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 1: Oh Dodgers, Uh yeah, you're wearing Dodgers and is wearing San Diego Padres.
Speaker 6: You got a little rivalry going because the Dodgers and Padres are playing.
Speaker 1: Ah okay and the Dodgers down last night Dodgers one last night.
Speaker 3: So did you get my text by accident?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You said, Holy crap, I didn't mean to text you, right. Yeah? What that was about other than that was a butt text? I just texted the wrong person.
Speaker 1: I've done that a couple of times, very very sad, depending on what the text is.
Speaker 4: Oh, you'll ask dial me more than anybody I know.
Speaker 2: I do, I really do. I asked dial everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm inviting you guys, you and everybody else every year. I amc the La Lawyers Philharmonic and I am doing it again this year at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. It's really obviously the Walt Disney Hall and it's Saturday night, June twenty eighth. It's the Lawyers and Judges Philharmonic with legal voices, the choir, and these are all people in the legal fields. The only place you are going to see hundreds of lawyers, judges, paralegals etc. In one place playing music and not suing you. It's really neat and it's just great fun. And what Gary does Gary Green, the founder, who's also a lawyer. By the way, he picks different wonderful kinds of music. So carmena Is pictures at the exhibition is part of it. Second half Phantom of the Opera. He always does something that is just terrific. So it's selections from Phano the Phantom of the Opera. Love to have you come, great fun. Anyway, tickets are This is a benefit for people who can't afford lawyers, which is everybody on the planet. And you can go to.
Speaker 2: La lawyersfill dot org.
Speaker 1: Phill Is in a philharmonic La lawyerspill dot org and join me. You know, I think tickets are like twenty five bucks to I think the most expensive one one hundred and twenty five dollars and you sit in the front row and you really make fun of me.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I love to see there.
Speaker 1: It's always a fun event and I get to be I'm in a tuxedo only once a year.
Speaker 2: La lawyersfill dot org. All right, guys, what is going where's the stack here? It is? I got the stack.
Speaker 1: Everybody's here. It's a Tuesday. I've already said that at before.
Speaker 2: We go to the news.
Speaker 1: Anything new that's pending, guys, anybody out there, Amy and Neil no will.
Speaker 5: It was sad to see Cono's wife settle.
Speaker 2: A good point. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: I had never we had never we had never met, had the very very nice woman, clearly clearly not sighted. But you know what, can I tell you?
Speaker 5: Actually I thought.
Speaker 4: Coto looked handsome and he and his lovely bride make a wonderful I don't need that.
Speaker 2: Neil also not sighted.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, Uh, let's do it handle on the news on this Tuesday with.
Speaker 2: Amy, Neil and me lead story. We're gonna be talking about this.
Speaker 1: Uh, the protests around l A international coverage on My Dad. You had hundreds of protesters, hundreds of Marines I think from Camp Penilsen, certainly the National Guard out there, and the administration's.
Speaker 2: Accused of just a tiny bit of overreaching.
Speaker 1: Lawsuits immediately started flying on this one.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to dive.
Speaker 1: Into this at seven o'clock because there's a little bit of wank here and a little bit of and we go back to is the president taking too much power that he doesn't have or can he do it? All under the law, and we haven't seen any president go to this extent of taking power of doing what he can do.
Speaker 2: Whether it's under the law or not, we don't know.
Speaker 1: The courts haven't ruled on it yet, so we'll be talking more about that coming up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Here come the marines.
Speaker 6: Hundreds of marines from twenty nine Palms are headed north to LA. In fact, I just saw the trucks on TV. They're headed this direction seven hundred to help support federal assets. They will be protecting federal assets, federal buildings, ice agents, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's effectively from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of the one on one Freeway in downtown LA.
Speaker 5: We'll put yes.
Speaker 4: And it is weird because you know how all those you know, whether you have a ring camera or whatever, you get notifications by neighbors.
Speaker 5: It is crazy. It's going off.
Speaker 4: Neighbors are like, I see ICE agents here. Others are saying, hey, there's tanks on the whatever on the one on one freeway, which of course is not true.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen the tanks yet, but I've gotten all those other notifications.
Speaker 4: Military vehicles. I have seen and stuff. So it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: The shame of these protesters is when they do what they do, the message is lost, right, the underlying message is lost.
Speaker 2: The story is.
Speaker 1: The demonstrations themselves and the police reaction. You know, we've had demonstrations. You have civil rights demonstrations with hundreds of thousands of people.
Speaker 2: You never saw this.
Speaker 1: The demonstrations against the war in Vietnam, hundreds of thousands of people.
Speaker 2: You don't see this because.
Speaker 4: They usually had a leader of some kind, somebody that was speaking or focusing the group. The leaders there was one woman god whose name is it games me.
Speaker 5: She is.
Speaker 4: A councilwoman, and she was saying things like be ready to throw down and incendiary kind of garbage. And I will tell you yesterday you could see that those that gathered in Grand Park, they're like they were proper protesting. And then after you know, five o'clock or whatever, you had a group of maybe three hundred or less that were wing nuts that were trying to cause havoc. But you could see the difference between the two groups.
Speaker 2: And it was, oh, we have political leaders. Maxine Waters Thomas, she's another adult. Oh my god. During the riots, remember no justice snow piece.
Speaker 1: She was screaming no justice, snow piece and basically advocating for the burning down of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I got from.
Speaker 5: Some of these leaders are too like, yeah, Well she.
Speaker 6: Was taunting the National Guard members yesterday or was it the day before, saying are you going to shoot me? Are you going to shoot me? You better shoot straight if you do. I'm like, why would you.
Speaker 2: Say that as a political leader.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Gavin Newsom is hopefully for him trying to get arrested. Tom Holman talked about arresting him, and Gavin Newsom is desperate to be dragged out in handcuffs. That's exactly what he would need. But you know, it's gotten you know, the rhetoric has gotten crazy among governmental officials. That's the point. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's just all they don't know. All they know is on social media. This is what they're seeing, and they're trying to be you know, bend to that. But I will tell you if Gavin goes to prison, the first thing I'll here is you got a mud at pretty mouth. And then the second thing all here is go just lay there, full stop.
Speaker 1: Squeal like a pig. Okay, we're coming back. It is a Tuesday morning, June tenth. Back we go more handle on the news, Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 4: California officials just yesterday filed a federal lawsuit over the mobilization of the States National Guard during the weekend's immigration protests here in Los Angeles. So they're accusing, essentially President Trump of overstepping once again his federal authority in violating the US Constitution. In their view, they want to see if it's legal, but it's super untested, right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm going to explain more about that in terms of stretching the powers of the presidency in which way the courts have gone and the Supreme Court has sort of gone both ways on that in some cases, yes, in some cases.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I'll talk about that lawsuit. It's really interesting stuff that's coming up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: Forget Trump and Musk, We've got a feud bruin between Trump and Newsome. The two men have worked together before, remember the fires the pandemic where they actually seem to agree on some things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then they both agree that Newsom actually torched the state, that he in fact did.
Speaker 3: It, not that fire, but oh oh.
Speaker 2: Not that agreement.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, not the LA fires. I believe it was the Paradise fires where they actually worked together. But all bets are off now as the immigration raids roll through LA. Trump and Newsom can't even agree on how they left their last conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I heard Trump actually yesterday say something along the lines of listen, he's a nice guy, but he's wrong on this and he's doing a horrible job.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He said, oh, I like Aven Newsom, We've always gotten along.
Speaker 6: He's just a horrible, completely incompetent governor, and then said he should be arrested.
Speaker 4: It was like a vote of no confidence in LA. It was like, listen, you guys never do well during riots. It's always everybody's you know, looting, and we're just not going to wait for that.
Speaker 5: All right, you have RFK Jr.
Speaker 4: Again, this guy Health Secretary, and yesterday removed every member of a scientific committee that advises the US Center on Disease Control and Prevention on how to use vaccines, pledged to replace.
Speaker 5: Them with a room full of chips. No, with his own picks.
Speaker 2: Right, it's.
Speaker 1: I'm to be doing this one and this, you know, I would say normally it's a stunner, but it is not. I mean, the guy doesn't like vaccines, he's never liked vaccines. He's a vaccine conspiracist. He lied to the Senate on confirmation hearings. He got Bill Cassidy, who is a physician, to.
Speaker 2: Vote for him.
Speaker 1: Remember the vote was one person. I mean it went or I think it was two senators.
Speaker 2: He got the.
Speaker 1: Majority, got every Republican except one, and you got of course all then regrets what he know, and he got Cassidy to vote yes. And Cassidy is in an uproar. He flied straight out lied, I'm okay with vaccines. I'm not going to change anything. He's changing everything. Vaccines are going well.
Speaker 2: The CDC. This is recommendations.
Speaker 1: This is not you know, the government saying vaccines are illegal. It is the CDC recommendations.
Speaker 2: But it's big deal. It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: And insurance companies, how much they pay who they cover, it's no small deal.
Speaker 5: So because it's just going to give energy to.
Speaker 4: People who aren't necessarily the best equippedmentally, and they're like him, they're going to see this as a you know, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to do more about this is seven twenty, because this is scary stuff, you know, and I've said before, you know, this issue with the transgender athletes, you know that's political. I mean, they're the number of transgender athletes that are in these championship events are in a couple of hundred across the country, a couple hundred. And that's what we're making this huge deal about. Okay, how long is that? How big does that have an effect on us? This one the vaccinations, This affects a lot of people in this country, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: So I'll talk more about that later on.
Speaker 3: Well, at least we're talking.
Speaker 6: High level delegations from the US and China have met again in London trying to come up with a deal on tariffs. US Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnik, Treasury Secretary Scott Bescent, and Trade Representative Jameson Greer our meeting with the Chinese delegation. The talks could continue today. The two countries announced back in May after talking in Geneva, that they had agreed to a ninety day suspension of most of the one hundred percent plus tariffs that they had imposed on each other in the escalating trade war. US and China are the world's biggest and second biggest economies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, China is not going to move I don't think very much. Jijingping is the autocratic leader of China and he's drawing a line in this end, as is a President Trump, and it's not going to go It's not going to go away very quickly.
Speaker 2: It really isn't.
Speaker 1: I told you that in my business, and I keep on bringing it up because I'm caught up in the middle of this, So I'm dealing with this every single day. He removed Trump removed the one hundred and forty five percent tariff that we were going to be paying bringing in our cocwear from China.
Speaker 2: And so we were in pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: And then he imposed the fifty percent and that cumulative with the tariff on stainless steel, we're now at eighty two percent tariff is what my company has to pay Saviles in mind company, eighty two percent.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it used to be prior to all of this going on? Two percent?
Speaker 1: We used to pay two percent tariff on Chinese goods coming in and it's gone to eighty two percent.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, something's got to give.
Speaker 1: Something has to give on this one I'm looking at buying a new dishwasher. My dishwasher has gone south, and I'm saying we've got to buy it right now. It is steel, and if we wait two weeks, this thing may double in price. All right, maybe I'll just hire someone to wash the dishes. Oh, we can take care of a little bit of the immigration process problem as well, as you know.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea. Let me think that one over. Okay, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: You'll handle here, excuse me and the Morning Morning crew, and let's continue on more handle on the news with Amy and Neil and sometimes me.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry the morning moo moo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, corny moo, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, Uh.
Speaker 4: This is a sad story, and I was surprised that it wasn't in the US. That's how bad things get.
Speaker 5: At least eight people were killed in a shooting at.
Speaker 4: A school, but in the Austrian city of Graz. This happened earlier today, obviously different time zone, and the suspected perpetrator also.
Speaker 5: Died, so said the city's mayor. Police said they believe the assailant acted alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a high school, so we don't know if it was a student. We don't know if someone from outside the community. So we're gonna get more word, but we don't get that Europe doesn't have these, I mean eight people dying, someone coming into a school, And you're right. I first read this and I thought, Okay, what city is this?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why didn't we hear about it? And then when I saw that it was out of the country.
Speaker 6: Is someone else trying to mess with our food supply? That's a question. Now that a Chinese scientist has been arrested arrived in the US at the Detroit Airport and may have been involved in smuggling biological material. The scientist is accused of shipping biological material months ago to a staff at a lab at the University of Michigan. The FBI's court filing described it as a material related to certain worms that require a government permit. Actually it was her, not a heat Her shipments, including an envelope stuffed inside a book, were intercepted and opened by authorities. Now, the court filing doesn't say whether the FBI believes the biological material was risky, but they do say that smuggling risks our security, and you know there's ship there's rules for shipping biologically.
Speaker 1: And there are and this is a certainly violation, and it could be innocent. This is a woman, a scientists who was who had gotten a degree and was doing a year of graduate postgraduate studies at University of Michigan, and this is reported to be the worms were reported to be related.
Speaker 2: To her her work where she's going to do worms. I guess she's got she got a PhD in worms. Hey, you know what do Chinese eat worms? I know they eat some weird things.
Speaker 5: But weird things to you.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure they're looking at you, going, what the hell's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
Speaker 2: I don't That's what I ask.
Speaker 1: I can't stand peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And I've never understood that.
Speaker 4: You know what, I've heard you say some of the most horrible things on the planet, as has Anne. I've never seen Anne react as intensely as she just did right now.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. You don't like peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: I do not like peanut butter and jelly. Peanut butter and jelly, it's commendation. I'm not crazy about jelly. I don't like peanut butter The only peanut butter is good for is putting it on the dog's teeth and watching react.
Speaker 4: I will and I thought you were going in a totally different direction. And he deals with traffic for a living.
Speaker 5: Go there.
Speaker 1: No, it's a lot of fun watching aug react to peanut butter, you know, on dog's gums.
Speaker 2: That's entertaining, And that's good.
Speaker 5: That's good. I could have guns south all right.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven states and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit and bankruptcy court seeking to block the sale of personal genetic data by twenty three and meters without customer consent. Now, this is the lawsuit that comes as a biotechnology company seeks the court's approval to buy this struggling firm. And everyone laughed at me, everyone that wanted to do this. I'm like, I'm not going to give my DNA freely to a to a group I know nothing about. And everybody's like, you're too sensitive. And now twenty three and me, as it goes down, your stuff is open for Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's you know, without your permission, they're selling it.
Speaker 1: I mean, now, I had no problem with you know, d with twenty three and meters getting my DNA because that's what you do. That's what they did, but then turnaround selling it as a matter of fact. I've been practicing to send my DNA to twenty three and me.
Speaker 4: For blood decades decade, like a swab in the cheap But that's it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you were an overachiever.
Speaker 2: We just need the I did all that for nothing. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, for a big well, it was your one a year.
Speaker 3: Dope.
Speaker 6: Former Orange County supervisor Andrew Doe has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for accepting more than half million dollars in bribes for directing and voting in favor of more than ten million dollars in COVID pandemic relief funds that went to a charity affiliated with one of his daughters. He resigned his office and agreed to plead guilty to a charge of conspiracy to commit bribery last year, and has a restitution hearing seth or August where he will be responsible for repaying the bribe money that he and his daughters received.
Speaker 2: Now, I interviewed Andrew Dough and.
Speaker 1: Actually got involved in his campaign, not actively supporting it, but sort of embedding myself in his campaign because he's Vietnamese national who came here and just a success story of this community. And he ran and won as Orange County a supervisor and he accepted. I mean, we're talking about tens of millions of dollars that he ripped off through this nonprofit that he ran for his family, for his friends. I mean it was their piggy bank, and this was supposed to help elderly people. All this money and it went into his pocket and his family's pocket, and his daughter bought his daughter worked for this nonprofit and got an insane salary and was able to buy a house with the money and just crazy.
Speaker 5: Get tagged first and then yeah, I think so a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they took the house.
Speaker 5: And why'd you like him so much?
Speaker 2: Because at the time he was he was a hell of a story.
Speaker 1: I thought it was one of those American success stories, coming from nothing to a successful business person to running for a public office, and it was just just someone I was interested in.
Speaker 2: And you know what can I tell you?
Speaker 5: You know it's Bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's yeah, it's it's it is heartbreaking. And then the ripping off of people, the vulnerable people, not a big time investors. You lose money, it's you know, you lose money. But these are people that needed to eat. These are the elderly people that needed to support poor people. It's just crazy. All right, take a break, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: Just give me another nice day.
Speaker 1: I think today, Amy, I didn't listen to your weather report because I was preparing for the show.
Speaker 2: Was the temperature going to be like there?
Speaker 6: Well, it's going to be sunny and beautiful again by the afternoon after these June gloom clouds clear out. It's going to be like seventies at the beaches, eighties for the metro areas, and eighties and ninete.
Speaker 2: It's your basic weather report that you can do all year long.
Speaker 1: As cloudy in the cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon. Okay, good enough, Back we go, as we finished handle on the news this Tuesday morning, A Neil, See, I didn't go Amy.
Speaker 2: Neil in me this time. I wanted to get a little bit off brand.
Speaker 5: Neil, Wow, you really threw us a curveball. Keeping it fresh.
Speaker 4: California sued the US Justice Department yesterday over its demand last week that local school districts banned transdent gender youth from competing in sports, arguing that the federal agency had overstepped its authority.
Speaker 5: Man, we're hearing that a lot in violation of both state and federal law.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's another one we have to look at now. Does this is an executive order? California has laws that allow or actually mandate that transgender students be allowed to participate in sports, transgender women participate in women's sports. The executive order issued by the president, how much validity does that have relative to California law.
Speaker 2: And that is the issue that's coming up.
Speaker 1: And again, exactly as you put it, this is this administration pushing the boundaries of presidential power, just pushing and pushing to see what flies.
Speaker 2: Fascinating stuff.
Speaker 6: To say the least, another star has gone out, Fly Stone, the head of Sly and the family.
Speaker 3: Stone has died.
Speaker 6: He had a long battle with COPD and some other underlying health issues. His family says he died peacefully in la He most famous there, his group most famously known for dance to the music and everyday people.
Speaker 3: He was eighty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was truly an innovator. Understated too.
Speaker 1: It's if you notice, if you ever seen him perform just quiet, elegant music in the background, Oh yeah, yeah, you ever see video? Well, I don't know how many people actually saw a concert of Sly I did not.
Speaker 2: By the way, Sly stands for do do do do do do Sylvester. I found that out yesterday.
Speaker 6: Somebody texted me yesterday and said, oh, Sylvester Stallone died.
Speaker 3: I said, no, sly Stone died.
Speaker 1: That's that's actually very funny, and so people are really up on the news like I am. But it came from a misspelling of his name by a classmate of his grade school, and he became Sly ever since then, I thought it was kind of neat.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it was just a nickname for Sylvester.
Speaker 1: Well, it is, but it was because of a misspelling. Why don't we just lear because we can spend a lot of time talking about how Sylvester changes into names.
Speaker 4: More Food Scares, a major food distributor that supplies items for whole foods other grocers as well, hit with a cyber attack and it can impact the supply at some store. So you've got North American wholesaler distributor United Natural Foods said that June ninth, unauthorized activity in its system caused them to take some of the systems offline to protect them, and forensic experts and law enforcement are doing an investigation and they're going to see what's going on. But you know, some types of things are that's the stuff that causes major hay and whole food stores.
Speaker 1: The story talks about someone going into a whole food stores and it's empty shelves. And now this is kind of interesting because you pay a lot of money for anything from whole foods.
Speaker 2: Now you're paying a lot of money for no foods. That's how expensive whole foods.
Speaker 5: Whole Food's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you still lose your whole paycheck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. I just don't get how people can do that.
Speaker 1: There's a Gelston's near me, and I'll go up when I run out of milk or something that I have to grab really quickly, and then i see people with shopping carts loaded with goods and I'm thinking that's three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, but Gelson's. Gelson's has such a great vibe as well. It's clean, and they have one wonderful meats and everything in pro you.
Speaker 5: Don't have to.
Speaker 1: But and you don't have to worry about pickpockets on your way out because there's no money left to pickpocket.
Speaker 5: Can't beat quality.
Speaker 2: I think we're done, guys. That's it.
Speaker 6: You don't want to hear about the one thousand dollars bonus for Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, why not? Sure, let's do it all right.
Speaker 6: So, part of the big beautiful bill that we found out yesterday is that the government plans to give one thousand dollars to babies born between twenty twenty five and twenty twenty nine. The one thousand dollars goes into an account and they can get access to it when they turn eighteen, after it's been you know, tooling around on the stock market for eighteen years. They can use it for college, or they could use it to rent a place or house or start a business or whatever.
Speaker 2: By the way, this, yeah, this helps the deficit a lot.
Speaker 1: As the president's talking about cutting expenses. How many kids are going to be born between now and twenty twenty nine, Figure that one out at times one thousand dollars, Figure out what that how much that's going to cost. But it's not a bad idea, you know, it really is a head start for a kid. You know, there's real money there at the end of by the time that kid is eighteen. As you said, all right now we're done. Coming up Attorney General Bonta, Governor Newsom of course, filing a lawsuit against the President and Defense Secretary Hegeth Hexath. At the same time, I'll explain KFI am six. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show, Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.