Speaker 1: All right, twelve, We'll wait. It's the average American in for the great American on this Monday. Welcome to you, however you may be listening on this great medium of terrestrial radio or perhaps the iHeartRadio app. We welcome you in to a very uneasy time in our country's history. Fox News is reporting at this hour that there is an imminent threat of an attack on a US air base in Cutter, and all airspace Overcutter has been shut down by that particular government. That is the latest from Fox News. All of this, of course, in the wake of the attack on Iranian nuclear sites over the weekend by President Donald Trump. He battles that as international law, he bottles in his own country. Congress, that's upset because he did not follow the War Powers Act, although honestly it looks like he covered his butt to me. But nevertheless, the Democrats are all in a tizzy and several Republicans too, about what appears to be another another march into the most unstable area in the world. Is this Iraq all over again? Is this Afghanistan all over again? And if it is, what of that? And if it isn't, do we really want to get involved? With boots on the ground. Do we really want to get involved with nation building, which we are not as a country very good at so politically and internationally, there's a lot going on at this hour. And whenever things start to break crazy, and whenever things get to get out of hand, there's only one man I want to hear from, and he's standing by right now. He's our good friend, Kennon Spivak. He writes for real clear Politics, Real clear Policy. I wanted Kennan not on a completely different subject on this day, but here we are as to where we are, and Kennan, how are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 2: I am absolutely fantastic because what President Trump did.
Speaker 1: I think this is exactly what needed to be done. We have enabled that country, We've enabled that regime with palettes of cash and laissez faire over the course of the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: And now here we are.
Speaker 1: And he took a shot, in fact, he took a lot of shots and probably set that country back enormously in its ability to develop a nuclear weapon. But desperate people do desperate things in desperate times, and that's where we are right now. With what Iran may or may not do at this point, let me just ask you about that. We all have to be vigilant. The United States has to be on its toes. Trump is not a dumb guy. He had to know that this would be coming.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to ask you, with a guy that has very little support outside of MAGA, at this point, do you think he's okay? Do you think this country's okay?
Speaker 2: First, I think every one of the risks that you listed for this course of action is one hundred percent correct. Much much as I am thrilled that the President took this action, you really hit on the large number of risks, including the risk which I think doesn't apply here, that the intelligence on where Iran stood was like the intelligence on Iraq, incorrect. I do think that President Trump is aware of the risk that Iran will retaliate. The missiles that Israel has taken out are the longer range missiles that can hit Israel, and Israel has largely degraded that capability. But Israel has not been taking out Iran's capability of shooting shorter range missiles, which can hit many US military installations near Iran. I think we should be prepared for Iranian retaliation. I don't think they're going to listen to the President's suggestion that they avoid that. I think this war or this action will expand I think there will do more US retaliation. I pray hope that there are no boots on the ground. I pray and hope that the US does not attempt nation building. If the regime is destabilized in changes, that's great, But we don't need to have a direct effort in that direction. We need to the maximum extent possible to keep this inn air endeavor, and I think that we can.
Speaker 1: I think I understand the reason why. If indeed we know where Homani is and we know where he's hiding, I think I understand the reason why they didn't touch him. Number One, they don't want a similar situation on their hands with Trump. But number two, in the absence of power, and that's what they have there, you would have chaos. That's what they had in Iraq. And if indeed that regime calls the best change, the best new regime would come from within. There has to be some sort of intelligence that there is of coalition that could be built quickly inside of Iran. Again, I don't think Trump did this without having that at his fingertips.
Speaker 3: Would you agree? I do.
Speaker 2: There are reports today, particularly in the Israeli press, that opposition groups in Iran are already coalescing to take steps through There actually is a congress that has the right to vote and remove the Supreme Leader in Iran, and there are apparently steps underway to have it. I guess this would technically be peacefully remove the Supreme Leader and replace him with someone.
Speaker 3: Who would not be more radical.
Speaker 2: There are also two external opposition groups, one led by the Shah's former Shaw's son and another the NCRI Party, which is led by a woman who lives in Paris. So there are a number of alternatives that would be less radical risks ski is the alternatives that would be more radical. And I don't think we know what's going to come next, and I think that's the greatest uncertainty in the steps that Trump took the other day.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get domestically on all of this. You know, I find the reaction of Democrats amusing at times this time maybe troubling. It's almost as if what Trump did never happened before under a Democrat president. And of course, as you and I have talked about before, that's a party that is devoid of any ideas except get Trump, hate Trump, and peach Trump, stop Orange Man any way possible. In twenty eleven, I mean, you have Obama proved a massive military campaign against Libya. They're all upset about the World Powers Act not being.
Speaker 3: Honored. Well, the War Powers Act.
Speaker 1: There have been one hundred and some odd military campaigns since the last time the Worst Power Act was enacted, and that was World War two and nineteen forty two. Clinton bypassed it. Obama bypassed it a couple of times. So I don't think that there's any firm or legal ground than Trump can be on for what he just did. But if you notice, it's kind of like the same old thing. Democrats are yelling and screaming and running around and lighting their hair on fire. But again, like most things, they have no alternative, do they.
Speaker 2: They really don't. Now, you know, because I've done this on your show before. When I get to elite my legal analysis, I really try to avoid my political perspective. Unles's the right and wrong thing. I'm going to try to do that again right now. First, on the War Powers Act, it almost certainly is unconstitutional. The Constitution provides that Congress declears war, and the way that that was understood initially had to do with a political state of affairs between the United States and other countries. It wasn't about the use of force. It's not the current meaning. But even in the meaning of declaring war as war, that's an all out use of force. I don't think the War Powers Act is constitutional. Set complied with the War Powers Act, which requires notification and has thirty and sixty day periods for his use of force. Depending upon what Congress does, he may be about to not comply with it, but so far he's complied with it. And to your last point, which is true, there have been one hundred and fifty military actions that did not utilize a declaration of war by Congress, and many of which were out of compliance with the War Powers Act. So if we look at this based on custom practice history, Trump has actually come closer. Actually, I think he's fully complied so far with the War Powers Act compared to Obama and Clinton and other presidents. I think we're going to see that if Congress does not approve of the use of force, that this president will go out of compliance with the War Powers Act. But I do believe that at his constitutional and it's traditional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Obama did that. He asked for authorization. I think in twenty thirteen they said no. He went ahead and did it anyway. Ready, And you're right even under the if you we want to take the letter of the War Powers Act again, correct me if I'm wrong, Trump or any president has sixty days and then another thirty on top of that for him to wind down. But he basically, without congressional approval, could do what he did under a sixty to thirty proposition.
Speaker 2: Right right, he's right now in compliance. I think he's going to go out of compliance. I don't want to say otherwise, but he's in compliance. But there's a second point. And I know that Senator Tim Kaine has a cock and Mimi Peryo that what I'm about to say is wrong. There was a congressional use of force measure passed after September eleventh, and it includes a broad range of players that were involved in that problem. And that is the use of force under which Obama and Clinton and the Bushes to some degree justify the second Bush, not the first, justified some of his actions.
Speaker 5: I believe that the action.
Speaker 2: Against Iran is justified under that it's called an AUFM, and Cain says that he went to Congress during Trump's last term and got congressional agreement that that AUFM doesn't apply to Iran. I think that Kane is a bit delusional, and I think if you add the AUFM, Trump is not only in compliance with the War Powers Act, not only in compliance with the Constitution, but has a specific congressional authorization for this use of force.
Speaker 1: Well, chatting with Kenn Spivak, Real clear policy, Real clear politics. Obviously, the topic of the weekend is the bombing of Iran. The markets don't seem phase by this, They're you know, they're percolated right along today. I guess the biggest threat now other than this imminent threat to a base and Cutter State Department just issuing a stay in place warning for Americans and Cutter. Other than that, I think there's two ways that Iran gets back at US or anyone else. One is they try and patrol the Strait of Hormuz, which I think they're going to have other problems with that besides the United States. And two is some sort of cyber attack on this country or with one of the major grids, water power, whatever it may be. I think I sense that those two things are probably more likely than aaran trying to hurl missiles at the United States. I don't think they have the capability to do it now anyway, if they ever did. I think those are the two big things I think we should look for now, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree with you. I want to be pragmatic here. War has consequences in people on both sides of the war or skirmish, whatever we want to refer to what we've done get hurt. Unfortunately and sadly, I expect some Americans may die and others will be hurt. We have to look at what we were doing. It's not about helping Israel. It's about preventing a country that has ballistic missiles, that has said that it wants to destroy the United States, and that whether or not the order was given to complete the nuclearization process, was within a few weeks from being able to do it once the order was given. I want to get away from this Pulsi Gabber discussion. They were within a few weeks from a go decision to having a nuclear weapon, and probably within some months from being able to put it on a ballistic missile.
Speaker 3: What the US has.
Speaker 2: Done here is to avoid the risk of the loss of millions and millions of lives, American lives at what may be the expense of hundreds of america and lives and inconvenience to millions of Americans for a period of time. That's what happens in war. We have to balance the alternatives. And Donald Trump, who I don't always agree with, I completely agree with here and balanced these risks in the right way.
Speaker 3: We were the last four years.
Speaker 1: We you know, we had a president in dementia who allowed the southern border to open up, and we've got god knows how many people from what kind of countries are in here. But there is signic, significant data that's available that there were significant number of Iranian nationals that entered into this country of what age, of what purpose, we don't know. Sleeper sales are huge. The FBI is on it again. This is this is Post nine to eleven all over again. And back then it was it was the Taliban, then it became ISIS, but now it's this. How confident are you and what the FBI can do to try and prevent some sort of go order from Tehran to the sleeper sales that undoubtedly exist in this country right now.
Speaker 2: No highly confident. Joe Biden was one of the worst presidents in American district. He was as a senator, a fine man. He was as Vice president adequate. As president, he has done so many horrible, terrible things that have gravely hurt this nation. And what he did with immigration was only the worst of those things. Who knows how many sleeper agents dre in the United States. I'm going to have to be a little bit repetitious. I expect that Americans will be harmed by Iranian retaliation for what the US has done and what we're going to do when we respond to the first wave of retaliation. I do believe, unfortunately Americans will die, They'll be injured, they will be inc venions, but a very small number compared to the millions who would die if Iran got a nuclear weapon, put it on a ballistic missile, and started launching those missiles against the United States. It's very sad, but we've got to protect all of us, even if, unfortunately it means some of us will pay the ultimate price.
Speaker 1: You know, I wanted to have you on today, Kenn talking about these Supreme Court decisions. I mean, the Supreme Court goes on their vacation the end of this week. Hopefully we'll get a flurry of decisions from them. But you know what, I unfortunately that's a topic for another day. But I certainly appreciate your insight and your wisdom on all of this. Stay well, keep writing. We need to hear your voice, and you know I'll be in contact down the road. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Great thanks Ken Kenn.
Speaker 1: I's feedbacks a spitback. You can find him at RealClearPolitics dot com. Pretty sobering Assessment twelve twenty four. It's the Average American infant the Great American. This is seven hundred WLW twelve thirty seven News Radio, seven hundred WLW. It's the Average American in for the Great American. Coming up at one oh six, We're going to go to Israel and talk to a man who used to be a mayor of one of the biggest cities in Israel and now he runs a charity fund over there for Israeli children injured in the attacks and in the war. And we've had David Rubin on before, and I wanted to get him on now just to give us a sense of what it has been like over there and also what he thinks of what the United States did on Saturday, which pulled off a massive bombing attack. And now, if you have not heard the latest, the airspace Overcutter has been closed and there are reports that the United States is under eminent attack at a military base in Cutter. And one o'clock Donald Trump is convening a meeting of his security council. So that's where we stand at this hour. But I know the most important thing you're worried about, and I think most people are. Despite all that's going out of the world and the bombs flying in Iran and perhaps what may be happening with Israel and a cyber attack in this country, you all want to know is will he safe? Is WILLI okay? And is he in safe harbor? And let's find out, because he's calling into his own show. Where are you and what are you doing? At this point?
Speaker 5: Kenverh.
Speaker 6: I can't give my exactly I can't get my exact location, but let's face it, at this point, it appears I am safe.
Speaker 7: Well, thank God. And one thing, okay, okay, good.
Speaker 4: The last I got the last guy said that got arrested, But go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, you know one of the cries in the radical leverage is that somehow Taco Taco Trump Trump always chickened out, did not get to the eyetolin. I'm not sure that trucks are chicken out. No, would you agree?
Speaker 1: I would agree because if you take that guy out, what happens, Chaos ensues, and you probably got Syria in there, you probably got the Turks in there to say nothing of what might be happening with Russia. So he can't take him out because that's the mistake they made in Iraq. He's not going to do that again.
Speaker 6: You need someone in charge and negotiate with right, right, that's the iyeatola.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, what bothers me about this.
Speaker 1: What bothers me about this is is you got all these Democrats and a few Republicans running around about Trump violated the Warthpowers Act. Probably he certainly did not. He's got sixty days to do whatever the hell he wants before he has to invoke a War Powers Act. The last time the War's Powered Act was enacted was in nineteen forty two, and since then over one hundred and fifty military campaigns have been conducted. And even when Obama went to Congress and sought the War Powers Act and they said no, he went ahead and did it anyway what he wanted to do. So this whole thing about it's all you know what, Bill, I'm going to say this and then I'll let you talk, because it is your show, after all, since twenty fifteen, Since twenty fifteen, the Democrats have done one thing, Get Trump, Trump, bad evil Trump, Stop Orange Man, do it anyway possible, get Trump, and they come up with no ideas.
Speaker 3: Of their own.
Speaker 4: If you asked AOC and Chuck Schumer and all these people, well, what would you have done? They wouldn't tell you because they don't want to tell you because they don't want it on their record. And that's the story of that party since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Ken Burw.
Speaker 6: I look at ten years ago. You might remember ten years ago and back a year ago, Syria was controlled by Bashar Alisad the hands below. I was shooting missiles for Levity. A Mossa was in charge. That's still called Gaza, and we had difficulties to in a rack. And now look where we are today, Cox Americana, I call it Trump Americana proliferates throughout the world. There'll be a few little things happening, but in reality, America is strong and brave. We're like the Colossus of Rhodes. I call it the Colossus of Trump. We live in the world of Trump, and everyone else is looking for excuses to get out. But I love what's happening, and eventually it'll be a great deal.
Speaker 1: Let me let me just say this, because the last guy that was in charge charge, well he wasn't in charge. The last guy living in the White House led an unprecedented number of illegal aliens into this country, of which a large number were Iranians to come here to do whatever God knows what. But they're here, and I don't think they were Iranians under the ruling of the Shaw, because you would have to be basically over fifty to have known what the Shaw and the Shaw was all about. These are people that were under the rule of the nutball clerics that have run that country for the last forty five years. So they're here, and I worry about a ghost sign from Tehran for sleeper cells in places like Pittsburgh or Buffalo a Dallas or Westchester wherever it may be a ghost sign and say, okay, now do what we sent you over there to do. And I'm not quite convinced that the FBI, which you know, they've only had cash betel there for the last three or four months, I'm not sure they're up to the task of what might be coming with Iran and sleeper cells.
Speaker 5: What are your thoughts, Denver, Let's give the American people a history lesson about a year ago, when the feckless has late to arrange, Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Was in charge.
Speaker 6: He told the American people that Donald Trump was going to be assassinated by Iranian hit teams. In nineteen seventy nine, the Irani's declared war an American by taking over the embassy and keeping hostages for four and forty four days. Then four years later, you might recall in the heads bela in Lovin and two hundred and fifty Marines were killed by the Iranians. And right now there's a thousand dead American soldiers in Iraq and two or three thousand mortally wounded because of the eyetola. Damn it. They declared war on us. And if they want war let's give him war.
Speaker 1: Hang on American, Hang on a second, now, hang on a secon And are you suggesting that our sons and daughters, our grandsons and granddaughters be shipped again to that area of the country of that world. I'm sorry, and actually go into battle. I don't want that. I don't think we need that. I don't want to declare war on anybody. I think what he did on Saturday was prudent, was right, But I sure as hell don't want to get involved in another Iraq or Vietnam or Afghanistan or some other nutball reason, do you.
Speaker 6: I'm with you one thousand percent. We got to B one, we got to B two, We got the F sixteen, we got the F thirty five, we got the war hogs.
Speaker 5: And we got to B one.
Speaker 6: We got all we need militarily to win this war with our sons and daughters. Without Matt and Cole and Luke and Avery scrapping it up and killing the enemy man the man, we can do it. To B one, B two.
Speaker 3: We got some.
Speaker 1: We got we got some breaking news here from Qatar or Cutter or however you want to pronounce it. Apparently there are explosions now in the capital of Qatar. What those explosions are, where they may be coming from, I don't know. I did not think that Qatar was a country that was at odds with Iran. I know they weren't particularly they weren't in particularly good terms. Foxes reporting that Iran launched six missiles towards a US bass in Qatar just a few moments ago.
Speaker 3: So Iran is not going away quietly.
Speaker 6: Bill, No, I don't think the odds hold will ever surrender. But they're the ones that started this conflict. I wouldn't necessarily call it a war. I'd call it a military action, a special military action. They've been killing us now for the last four seven years. It's time that we respond. He the air, not on the ground.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be interesting exactly to see what happens next with Trump because Trump is you know, I mentioned this. I had a guest on in the twelve o'clock hour, good good guy that knows politics and can apply it to everyday terms. He can do it with great sense. And we both agreed. Donald Trump's not stupid. He may be a lot of things, but he's not stupid. And so this had a play out in his mind as to what would happen next. And so if they're launching attacks on the US page, remember the last time when he took out sole money, the Iranians responded by blowing up an unoccupied shack on a military base. So let's see what they're targeting on this military base apparently in Qatar. But he's not a stupid guy. This has been played out for him in many different ways. And my guess is there's an endgame for Trump and it may very well involved taking out HARMANI. They he may very well have to do that, but as you mentioned, you do that, and who are you talking to, because you damn will better have somebody lined up there that's going to take over and at least provide at least, if nothing else, in contact and some sort of support for what's left behind, which, to my opinion, is a lot of innocent Iranians that are just running around the victims of being run by these religious nutballs since nineteen seventy nine. But he's played this out, Bill, He knows the end game, doesn't he?
Speaker 5: Yes, he does.
Speaker 6: In fact, who's with us? Saudi Arabia UAE goodbye yep, cutter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Syria, Turkey, Turkey's with US.
Speaker 6: Eelebanese government, Egypt, Pakistan. Now who's with me wrong?
Speaker 3: Well that's a nobody.
Speaker 1: Great question. Here's what's missing, as I'm sure you well know there. There is about sixty percent of their un enriched uranium is missing in Iran and that could be a great bargaining chip for Tehran with other nations like Russia, like China. So you know, keep an eye on that as well. But you know, the guy that's sitting on the throne in Tehran, I don't think he's stupid either.
Speaker 3: I think he's easy. I think he's a knutball, but I don't think he's uh.
Speaker 1: He knows what he has and he is desperate. People do desperate things in desperate times, and he didn't. He's going to fire every single weapon he's got. I agree that he's going to go down swinging, but he will do something stupid here very soon. And again, I think this has all been played out in Washington. I am not someone that cuts across political lines on a lot of things, but I do on this. I think I think that this has been played out, and I think they're people on both sides of the aisle that know exactly what Donald Trump is up to.
Speaker 3: Would you agree, ken Brew?
Speaker 6: The leadership in Iran is a defficult. They believe in killing and death, suicide bombers, and so they want to die. It's part of the Geod. So they can spend in Jermany. But there's seventy two versions in heaven.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: I would tell them, let's arrange the meeting and let God swart the good from the back. At the time, the war toxins is sounding not on the ground. We got the Israelis, we got the Americans, we got the Turks, we got the Syrians, we got the Egyptians, We've got the Leimanes, we got the Saudi Arabians. We got all the help that we need. We got the money, it is the time. Now, we got the ring and this thing.
Speaker 3: We got the trophy. We got it all.
Speaker 4: As someone once famously sall right.
Speaker 6: Trump is dead.
Speaker 1: So the headline here is you're okay, And I think that brings a great sense of relief to a lot of people here in the tri State. And my advice to you is stay away from mar A Lago.
Speaker 6: I'm saying about a half a mile away right now. Let me wait, let me wait.
Speaker 5: To JD, y JD.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Yeah, JD, I have a meeting.
Speaker 5: I gotta go now.
Speaker 6: But remember, yes, pray to God Almighty for the survival of Israel and the defensive Freedom's greatest champion to the United States of America.
Speaker 3: All right, Willie, you stay well.
Speaker 1: We'll keep the home fires burning until you get back, and hopefully they don't burn the place down in the process.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 6: Dad, I'll be there in a minute.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I got a run, I got a run there.
Speaker 1: He is the man who alleged is on vacation today because I'm filling in, buddy, help me. That's called a segment. Twelve fifty one News Radio seven hundred WLW twelve fifty seven News Radio seven hundred WLW Welcome Back after the News.
Speaker 4: David Rubin, former mayor of Shiloh, Israel, will join us.
Speaker 1: Talk about what has been going on in that country most recently, but certainly since October of twenty twenty three, and try to get some idea from him exactly what he thinks, what the Israelis think as to what happened on Saturday when Donald Trump and his Pentagon team decided to carry out those bombing missions over Iran's nuclear sites. So that's coming up AOC once Donald Trump impeached, and she just found someone who agrees with her, and this may be what it will take to push it over the top and finally get Donald Trump impeached. Ariana Grande she wants Trump and peach, just like AOC says. So I'll tell you what if Ariana Grande is saying it's going to happen. Meanwhile in Washington, DC, to those of you who might be sending your children to Georgetown University paying the exorbitant tuition to go there, how about this. Jonathan A. C. Brown, who is a professor at Georgetown of Islamic Civilization, expressed hope for Iran to develop a bomb after the United States dealt that devastating damage to Iran's nuclear program. This particular professor has over seventy five thousand followers on x Here's what.
Speaker 4: He said quote, I'm not an expert. That's always a problem. I'm not an expert, but I assume Iran could still get a bomb easily. I hope Iran does some symbolic strike on a bay and then everyone stops. So this is a guy that wants an attack on a US air base. He's teaching at Georgetown University. Jonathan ac Brown, All parents, that's money well spent right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: The big problem I think for you and me here in the United States, anywhere in this area of the world. Two things sleeper sells. They're here again. We have no idea who entered this country got aways alone over the last four years, and what they're here to do. We suspect China, but yes, there are Iranians that have crossed the southern border, and Iran is not the kind of country that would just let citizens leave. So they may be here with a blessing and a purpose. The other thing is cyber attacks that might affect the things that we need most energy, water, or maybe just a data breach that would cripple the Internet systems that very significant things you use, for example, hospitals. There was a data breach over the weekend, sixteen billion compromise passwords. Now it's not a new breach, but it's a breach that has been going on for a while, and the kind of thing that might have been a trial balloon for Iran in an effort to get back at this country. We'll get into all of that next. It's the average American in for the Great American.
Speaker 4: It is seven hundred WLW alright.
Speaker 1: It's one oh nine. It's the average American in for the Great American. On this Monday, Iran State TV now reporting that an attack on the US basin Qatar or Cutter is underway right now.
Speaker 3: Not according to.
Speaker 1: Iran State TV, the President of the United States, Donald Trump, is meeting with his National Security Council and they are apparently deciding what to do now in the wake of this. So this is either going to get escalated rather quickly or perhaps even a more measured approach by the President in relation to what Iran does or does not here So far, no word as to whether or not missiles from Iran have landed done any damage to this air base. I'm not sure how you pronounce this airbase. It's all you did, I believe, all you'd d ei d I believe is the airbase that is is allegedly under attack, according to Iran State TV. Of course, attacks like this are something that the country of Israel has been subjected to almost since its inception back in the late nineteen forties, and most recently in October of twenty twenty three was the horrific attack stage by Hamas that has led to this war that has gone on between Israel and.
Speaker 3: Hamas.
Speaker 1: Hamas, of course, is an arm that is sponsored by the country of Iran. But it's interesting I think what Israel's view of what has happened on Tuesday is and also what they think may hold for us in the wake of all this. We've had David Ruben on the show before. He is an author, he is the former mayor of a town in Israel by the name of Shiloh, and he right now is a man who runs the Shiloh Israel Children's Fund. We'll get more about that in just a second, but let's welcome him in. David Ruben, how are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 8: On this glorious Monday. I love that. Yes, it's been a pretty active time that attech has occurred, and I'm just reading about it right now and getting informed about it. On two bases one base, one American base in Katarn one American base in Iraq?
Speaker 4: Can you tell us since October of twenty twenty three, because I tak a little background on Israel and what it's like on a daily basis there, and then more important, what it's been like here in the last couple of weeks. What is life like in Israel knowing that you could come under a fire at any moment from Iran?
Speaker 3: What is that? Just life? What is life like there in your country right now?
Speaker 8: Well, a lot of things are restricted, and the reason why they're restricted is because there has been a danger of missile attacks, been missile attacks on Israel almost every day since the war began, and we're just trying to be safe. So we're told to go to the bombshelter.
Speaker 4: Hope, did we lose David? I think we might have lost David there. Let's uh, let's see. Oh yeah, I can hear you now much better. Yes, are you okay? Did something happen?
Speaker 3: Are you all right?
Speaker 8: I'm okay. Just a phone connection is not so good as a terrible actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well we apologize for that on this end. You know here to there is a bit of a distance, but you have you have been subjected to these missile attacks, and so your head's probably on a swivel over there is it not?
Speaker 8: Well, we run to the bomb shelter, uh, wheneverever there's a siren, very often they're a siren night warning US coming missile attack. And so it has been unsettling. But the fact is that a war that is as just as any other war, probably more so than any war since World War Two. And we're just kind of hoping with the trama that children and families are suffering from here. And I'm glad that you mentioned the Shilah Israel and a work end out more about by going to Israel Children dot org.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Israel Children dot org. And that'll help treating the victims of this terror that this country has been living under since well most recently since October of twenty twenty three. When the United States did what it did on Saturday, I would guess that it was well received inside of Israel. But of course every action sparks are reactions. So now what are what are you and your your fellow countrymen over there bracing for in the wake of what happened Saturday night.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, let me say this that Israel was fifty first state of the United States, which of course is not going to become. But if it was, then President Trump would have won ninety five percent out here. That to be very clear, and even before this attack, maybe now it's gonna be present. Having said all that, I've to understand that we are making very progress this war. The cooperation between Trump administration and Israel has been this. We have pretty much wiped out the nuclear Graham which which was threatening Israel, threatening the United States, threatening the free world. So so all of that is good. How how President Trump will react now given that Iran, that terrible evil regime is lashing.
Speaker 3: Out at States, now.
Speaker 8: That has to be on a nip in the butt, as they say, very very.
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're, you're right about that. They've got the fifth fleet in the Strait of Hormuz the United States does. I think if if Iron tries to cut off the straight of horror US, they're they're going to have problems with a lot of other countries besides the United States. But we'll see what happens there. You well know in Israel that some of these tourists attacked don't come from foreign soil. They come from your own soil where terrorists have infiltrated and lived. You've seen your share of bombings in downtown establishments and whatnot. Over the course of time, we worry here about sleeper cell attacks that because of the policies of the previous administration, and quite frankly several before there have been a great infiltration of people into this country, but certainly more so and most so under the previous administration of people who are not in this country legally doing god knows what. And so we worry about sleeper cells here in America. I'm sure you worry about those things all the time in Israel. So what should we be on guard for here with regards to those in the wake of this ongoing conflict.
Speaker 8: Well, I've been saying years that the United States to be doing more elan. If someone is a radical Muslim, then then he should be suspected because because Islam is not just uh a religion, he's another peaceful religion. It is an ideology which seeks to deploy everyone else and then harm everyone else and and force them to come to Islam under the sword. So that that's that's really what I have to say about that. I think that that the United States needs to be very very careful about bringing in foreign exchange things from Muslim countries.
Speaker 1: Well, Trump has been trying to cut down on the number of foreign students that attend places that that, in essence, I guess shield students like that, you know that, you know, the usual suspects. I mean, my gosh, that we we have. I just read this story just a few minutes ago. There's a professor of Islamic civilization at Georgetown University who's now saying that he hopes not only does Iran get a bomb in the in the wake of what happens Saturday night, but that he uses it to attack a base, a US air base. Well, it's not a nuclear bomb that Aron is using right now, It's it's conventional weaponry on a base in Qatar. And I'm just I'm just wondering. I mean, that kind of radicalism inside these these these universities that cost a lot of money to attend. I'm sure you know, David, if you go to Georgetown, Columbia, Harvard, I mean, you're not paying, you know, three or four thousand dollars a year to go there. But to have that kind of rhetoric on campus, yeah, I would. I would certainly go after those kinds of people with that kind of thinking. But we got a problem here in the United States, and it's a good problem most of the time. But in situations like this, there are people that say, wait a minute, hang on, apply the brakes. Maybe we really don't want to do this. We're a company that honors free speech, regardless of what that speech may be hatred or otherwise.
Speaker 3: So it may not be as easy as thinks it is.
Speaker 8: There are some limits. And I think you have to look at what's funding most of those universities and most of those chairs of Islamic studies. It seemed to exist in every Ivy League university. It's the state of Katar, which has fashioned help as a moderate publicly all supporting radical Islamic work like Jazeira, which which they established. And Katar is also one of the biggest funders of those American versities, those Ivy League schools, and so so a lot of the radicalism from comes directly from her, of are from the leadership of Cutar. And I think then, he said, I think that there there is some dievite among a lot of people in the American risity system and some in the media such as Coucker Carlson, who once interviewed years ago when he was on Fox. But I don't know if he's getting funding from his network. Oh, I'm just throwing it out there, but he has turned out quite an israel individual and quite an American leadership.
Speaker 1: One of the things I want to get to our time is limited, and I know Nightfall has come to Israel as well is the Israel Children Organization. We mentioned it before and where you can find it Israel Children dot org. But when people go there, if they want to donate money, what do you do with that money? How do you help these kids that have unfortunately had war interrupt their lives.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll just point out that the Shilo Israel Children's babolist after a terror attack in Israel in which was wounded and my year old son was was shot in the head. So I knew about the tourism and I knew about the trauma from that experience where it all started, and I established Sniffson Network of programs using music, art and animals, equine therapy, horse at writing therapy, horticulture therapy and name it. We have a array of therapeutic programs children have suffered from terrorism, and we're also supporting youth programs. So anyone who wants to partner with us to go to Israel.
Speaker 3: Dot org.
Speaker 8: Very simple url children dot.
Speaker 1: Org Israel children dot org. David Robin, It's always good to have you on, always good to talk to you. My Hebrew is horrendous, but I'm going to try this, so you tell me how I do. I'm going to wish you he shah aruba tusha he sha darum he who am? I think that means be safe, p well and may God be with you. It probably didn't sound all that good.
Speaker 7: Did it.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: I definitely understood the English skin.
Speaker 1: Well, then you probably appreciate it. But you probably also know this too. Shut a home until we talk again. Thank you so much, David.
Speaker 8: That was good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, David.
Speaker 1: David Rubin, former mayor of Shiloh, Shiloh as it's pronounced over there, it is.
Speaker 3: One twenty four.
Speaker 1: It's the average American in for the Great American News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Are moving closer?
Speaker 4: You believe the US is moving closer to striking Iranian nuclear facilities?
Speaker 8: Where's your mindset on that?
Speaker 7: You're sure that right?
Speaker 3: Seriously? Think I'm going to answer that way?
Speaker 6: Will you strike the Iranian nuclear component?
Speaker 3: And what time exactly? Sarah sir, would you strike it? Would you please inform us so we can be there and watch. I mean, you don't know that I'm going to even do it. You don't know. I may do it, I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do. I can tell you this that a Ram's got a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate. And I said, why didn't you negotiate with me before all this death and destruction?
Speaker 4: Why in your nego I said to the people, why didn't you negotiate with me two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Hello, quiet, I'm skulls, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: So this is basically Donald Trump's way of suing Ran right, business deal gone bad. We're just going to sue hern in this case, we're going to draw bunker busters.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And now now Cutter Cutter condemns their attack, the attack, and they reserve the right now to respond. So you got cutter mad? That could be it.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you, cutter, kuwait Syria, Turkey, they got the UAE, they got they got nobody over there. Aron's got nobody and they're shooting out. Basically, it's a fourth of July show. Yeah, they're gonna be Adam missiles in a week. And then what are they gonna do. I'll tell you what they're gonna do is And I'm dead serious. These sleeper cells in this country. They're all over the place because the last four years over to bubb the millions that came in illegally, there are at least a couple of million and more like four million people.
Speaker 4: They don't even they don't know where they went. They're got aways. They have no idea where they went. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you, Seg, it's all gonna get better because you know why.
Speaker 3: You know why? Why is that? Ken Brew? I don't know. I'll be true. I don't know, Seg.
Speaker 1: But the Yankees are in town, yes they are. Well, what's going on in the world. We got a little distraction for ourselves tonight.
Speaker 3: Ken Brew.
Speaker 4: Thee is DOJ Reporter as a proud service of your local Teme Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Thamestar Quality, you could field in beautiful Milford, home of one main gallery and little Miami Brewing, Yes called Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four spots. I just drove by there and you know what, it's a billion degrees outside ken Brew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the last I heard that he was not doing well. But maybe he's still hanging in there. I don't think he's a leftier. Well no, actually he did. He died back in February.
Speaker 4: As you said, ken Brew. Three game series, Tonight, Reds and Yanks.
Speaker 3: You know, six ten.
Speaker 4: You know what, the Yankees have a fight song because they've been around since ever sixty seven. But in sixty two, the Mets had a fight song, the Mets Meet the Mets, step right, un greet, the Mets bring your kid, These bring your Wife, and T two have the title Your Life. See when the Mets had a fight song when they When the Mets had their fight song that came out, the Yankees had to have their fight song. I think George Seinberger said, you gotta have a fight song. The call home man, you're the songmaster today. I wonder if we play for the Yankees, if you have to learn the words to the fight song, you know, like probably a good idea. I wonder if they were singing it last night when Aaron Judge of Jeff Ruby's.
Speaker 3: Well, they might have.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what, if they've got to learn the words of that fight song, The Reds need to learn the words of that fight song because the Yankees run differentials like one to ten and they're forty five and thirty two right, two and a half up on the Rays as we speak. So that's why I say the Reds need a fight song. Say they need a fight song.
Speaker 4: Six ten tonight with Sports Talk and the RNL carriers, Inside Pitch and the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show. After the game, Aaron Judge leads the way with Ted McKay there with the Yanks three sixty seven batting average number one second in home runs in baseball, to Cal Rawley with twenty seven, Yeah, fifth and RBI's and he leads the majors with one hundred and five hits.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Nicolodolo goes tonight for the Red Legs. Tomorrow night. Chase Burns, second overall pick in the twenty twenty four draft, starts tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I'm pulling for him against the Yanks. You know they want to win now, and you know you got abbot. Look the Abbot's pitching like he could win a cy Young. Let me dealing yesterday, eighteen in a row. At one point, you know, you get Chase Burns up here. If they could ever figure out how to keep Rhet Louder healthy all of a sudden, now you got the makings of a.
Speaker 4: Lodolo's got to get with it, so does Martinez. And then you got to get Hunter Green back. You get Hunter Green healthy. You gotta get Hunter Green healthy. But you know, I'll tell you what, Chase Burn's gonna be a lot of excitement tomorrow night. A lot of excitement, A lot of excitement tonight though, a lot of excitements.
Speaker 3: The Yanks in town.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Dave Miley Remember Dave Miley. Oh yeah, yeah, he was out in Indiana. Well he was, he was the Yankees manager. And I think it was Scranton, Wilkesbury, Okay. I talked to him at Redsfest a couple of years ago, and I said, I said, Dave, I said, the greatest ballplayer you ever managed at Triple A. And he didn't stop, he didn't hesitate, he didn't blake and eye. He said, Justice, Justice, David Justice. No, not David Justice. You mean here, come to judge the judge. No justice about that NAST.
Speaker 3: League Justice was delivered by the Judge.
Speaker 4: NAST League All Star Voting update. Ken Brew, Yes, let's see the Elie day La Cruz has moved up to third now good among shortstops good, Uh, see Travigno as the eighth and catching Matt McLean is tenth and second base espinal is tenth a third. You're not going, and Austin Hayes is probably not going to go because he's twentieth in the voting.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to see TJ. Friedo go, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: You know the Andrew Abbott better go at seven and one. Abbot should. Abbot should be an All Star. You really should.
Speaker 4: And of course, ken Brew, it's hotter than you know what. Outside it's hot, so the fans are encouraged. You can bring water, unopened plastic bottles into the ballpark. Water they got open fans, unopened water, open fans they got, they got missing stations, you got cool rooms at GABP for and then let's see, emergency services are available. So just stay hydrated tonight for the Big Game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely sick let's see.
Speaker 4: Bengals update brought to you by a good spirits and party Town thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Trey Hendrickson spending the week UH training with Patrick Coin at Black Sheep Performance in Blue Ash. Apparently that's where Joe Burrow Sam Howard drew sample of either work working out now or have worked out in the past up.
Speaker 1: There to work out. He's probably go up there and work out, and I could be their poster boy.
Speaker 3: You could probably get to get a scoop on when he's gonna sign, if.
Speaker 1: At all, I go up there and pass out. Certainly, So he's working out, well, that's good.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know. I mean, you know, at least it's something. I guess he's staying in town and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I don't know, We'll see he you know, there's a there's a money issue there, sick slightly where Shamar Stewart is he working out?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't think so. And then what what about the uh? The only thing that guy worked out was his tongue. Well he's not here.
Speaker 3: He took it. He took on management. That's not good, not a good thing.
Speaker 4: He's not signed, and the number two guys not signed, and he hadn't he had heard a word from him. What's his name Night? Oh yeah, Demetrius Knight. Yeah, I think said he hadn't said a thing. I think his uh, hevn't heard a thing. His aunt is Gladys Knight.
Speaker 3: Did you know that? About that? About that?
Speaker 4: Well, maybe maybe he'll come here and sing. She could come here, you know what. That ought to be part of the deal. That's right, she sings in Atlanta. Would you get your aunt Gladys up here? She could do midnight train to Georgia and then sing the national anthem.
Speaker 1: Ruler, Ruler of the Jungle. Now, I'm telling you that'd be huge. Seg can we arrange that?
Speaker 4: Can you get word to Mike Brown, Get get a hold of my Bengaled insiders, Get a hold of Mike Dave, Dave Lapham, Gonna get that done.
Speaker 1: Here's what we got to do to close this deal. You get Gladys Knight up here. Then Dimitrius comes here.
Speaker 3: He signs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shamar Stewart, I don't know. I don't know about Maybe they get Martha Stewart to come up here.
Speaker 4: At least he's not driving around like Sanders's kid in Cleveland at one hundred miles an hour around the streets.
Speaker 3: There's a reason why he was drafted as low as he was.
Speaker 4: There's a reason NBA Finals last night, of course, the hearts of the state of Indiana broken last night.
Speaker 3: Is the Oklahoma City Thunder win the title? Yeah? And in Game seven?
Speaker 4: And of course you know, mister mister Halliburton has a born achilles that has been that's that happened last night.
Speaker 3: So but can brew it healed?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The current Bearcats basketball team, new general manager Corey Evans, Yeah, helped Oka See to the title because he was with the Thunder. Scout under in the scouting department. Apparently with a Thunder since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, seg in nineteen hundred and seventy six, We're going back over almost fifty years.
Speaker 3: That's when I got out of Cole Raine.
Speaker 1: I my first my first job in local television was at k WTV in Oklahoma City. It was Channel nine CBS affiliate. Yeah, and they had at the time, they had the largest structure in this in the state of Oklahoma. Their their television transmitter set in our parking lot, and I thought.
Speaker 3: There was that truck stop I eighty, Iowa eighty.
Speaker 1: This was this was This was a structure that was erected by a guy named Edgar Bell, who was the chief engineer there. Anyway, all right, anyway, if you had told me back in nineteen hundred and seventy six that Oklahoma City would have an NBA franchise, I done laughed in your face.
Speaker 3: That's the fun thing in the world that they would not. And I would have been broke today. Now they got the Now they got the NBA champs.
Speaker 1: Got the NBA champs, you know, Indiana, that was the Halliburton Tyres Halliburton, good player.
Speaker 4: I mean, that was terrible what happened. But Oklahoma City was a better team. They're just they're just a bit. They took them, They took them right to the game seven. So you know, it's a tough, tough one. You know what they got they got there, They got the knicks out of there. The Pacers, you know, unbelievable of you.
Speaker 1: Know, they played well, they played a little bit over the themselves, but they had a great season.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But Oklahoma City is a better team. And SGA is the best. I mean, I you know, surpassing everyone. You know, we know about his time and the Commonwealth and all that. But I'm just saying, if you just watch his game, it is something to marvel at.
Speaker 3: It really is. Amen. Amen, Yeah, Amen, Okay, Okay, I ask me. I agree with you. That's good. Okay. Anything else going on, no, just that. I'm just it's just hot, you know, Seg.
Speaker 4: It's just hot all over and uh, you know, you don't really have to bounce in your step when it's that hot.
Speaker 3: But nevertheless, it's hot. It's hot.
Speaker 1: But I I'm looking for the Reds. I'm looking at them right now, Seg. And I'm saying to myself, there are three games out of the wildcard, the last wildcard. Yep, uh, there's I don't think there's any way I could be wrong. I don't think there's any way they're going to catch the Cubs this year. They may, but I don't think. But the big question is going to be you get to the trade deadline and you're just three games out, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Because I will again quote history, if you look at calendar year two thousand, mm hm, calendar year two thousand. The Reds were four games out at the All Star break, okay, and they did not acquire They dumped. So we'll see a different ownership, different general manager. Could be a lot of things at play, but it will be interesting to see with a chance to go for it, would you trade one of the one of the Crown Jewels. Let's just say, I don't know what's going on with Christian and Carnassi own Strand. I don't know where he stands in the in the eyes of management, but would you trade him for a rented picture that might get you over the top and maybe just maybe, maybe maybe just gets you a little sniff of the playoffs, just get in, maybe you get knocked out first round.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Would you take that after not being in the playoffs since twenty thirteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably, if it depends on what the who the picture is, I mean, who you could get, But if probably take that or trade I mean, I don't know if they're going to get the you know, any of the Crown Jewels.
Speaker 3: No, but if you I mean I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking that, Yeah, I mean just if you know, oh, you're going to get a picture that's going to get you in, and you also know that you're probably not going to make it past the wild card round?
Speaker 3: Would you do it just to get there? I say yes, because you.
Speaker 1: Look at if you look at recent history, you get in and anything can happen, right for sure, that's for sure. Things I'm just thinking about saying, a lot of time on my hands.
Speaker 3: I gotta go. But all right, you see you again here shortly.
Speaker 4: Right ken Brew in honor of hot Day here in the tri State and go USA. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. Stop the terror I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorists killers.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Now watch his drive all right, another that's what Willie's doing about right now? Oh my gosh, you remember you remember that guy? Yeah, of course?
Speaker 1: Three all right, News radio seven hundred WLW, HI two ten News Radio, seven hundred WLW. The average American in put a great American on this Monday right now, Apparently Israel is striking Alan. Iran has fired missiles into a USA air base in cutter And uh, there even reports out there that Iran telegraphed that move so the US knew it was coming. They evacuated the areas that the missiles were aimed at.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: There could be just an off ramp here for Iran to say to their country, which is important for the regime in that country. I had told her to tell his people, see see what we did to the big Satan. But uh, it's all as they as they say in war, kind of foggy. But right now what it looks like Israel is attacking on yet again, the market doesn't seem to mind. It is up almost three hundred at this point. So if you thought all of this was going to affect the economy of this country, so far no, so far no. But something could happen, I think with cyber security, and with a cyber attack by Oran, I don't know if we're giving them too much credit for being that smart, but nevertheless it could. And this in light of what happened over the weekend. More than sixteen billion logging credentials for Google, Facebook, and Apple and other platforms have been exposed in one of the largest database cybersecurity breaches of all time. Cyber News reported that over what period of time, don't know how old were these passwords? Don't know, But a lot of people are saying it's not just a leak, but maybe a blueprint for max exploitation from those who are just working in the dark web, as they say, maybe for another nation to do harm to ours, like Iran. Standing by the way in we've had Damian Fortune on the show before. He is the CEO of Centric and he is kind enough to give us some of his knowledge and thoughts behind all of us and Damian Fortune, how are you on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 9: I'm doing great, Ken, Thanks so much for having me back.
Speaker 1: Thank you for making time for us. Okay, So this breach, the sixteen billion passwords that have been compromised, it doesn't look like it happened over the weekend. This looks like it might have been a harvest over the course of time. What did you read into the sixteen billion passwords that might have been compromised?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, you're exactly right, Ken. These sorts of things happen over time. These programs get set up and they harvest data, they dump it all into databases, and over time it just aggregates into a number that's kind of mind blowingly large.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you had last year, last summer, you had ten billion unique passwords that were compromised. In twenty twenty four, earlier than last summer, cyber News reported that the largest data leak of all, the Mother of All breaches, twenty six billion records were breached. So I guess my question is is how is this happening? We know what we should do, Maybe some of us aren't doing it, maybe even some companies aren't doing it. But these are large numbers that we're hearing. So what's going on here? How is this happening?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a combination of big databases being compromised, you know, websites being hacked from outside intrusion, but a lot of it also comes from malware that's being installed on people's web browsers and just harvesting all of the log and as they entered into the website.
Speaker 1: Okay, how would a malware be placed on my particular computer at home or anyone else's that might be listening. How would a malware get into my computer?
Speaker 9: So almost always it comes through as something called a phishing attack. So that's someone sending you an email or a link through an ia and you're clicking on it. It's installing a software onto your computer that runs in the background, and that just does malicious activities like harvesting those patterns.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you get an email or a text from some number or person you don't know, don't click on that, don't click on that link. But over and above that, even if it is somebody you know, it does not necessarily mean that.
Speaker 3: They haven't been hacked and are sending that email. Correct, that's exactly right.
Speaker 9: A lot of the pay it forward, so you'll have credentials that are stolen that go on to be used to impersonate other folks, and then they get new credentials from the folks that are in their contact information, and then so on and.
Speaker 1: So on, and all this to do things like maybe drain a bank account or run up some sort of expense on a credit card. I mean, it's all it seems to me, at least on a personal level, it's all monetarily driven.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's exactly right.
Speaker 9: I mean, these sorts of things are really done to harvest but eventually log ins that cross reference with online banking or other sorts of financial information. Sometimes it's other areas where you can do identity that through you know, vehicle registration records, health records.
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 9: But Ultimately, the goal is to monetize these log ins and turn them into dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, I mean this is just good internet hygiene.
Speaker 1: Have a strong, unique password, a multi factor authentication if possible, maybe by some sort of password generating device, one password or whatever. It might be, whatever you want to do, but by and large, just don't think, Hey, everything's fine. I've got my cat's name and a number next to it, and everything will be fine. I'll never be hacked. I mean, this is something that you should It's almost like, I think it's kind of like cutting your grass, right when you know you cut your grass a lot of times during the course of a year. Maybe this is what you've got to do with your passwords during the course of the year, and be vigilant and just not get lazy about all of this.
Speaker 3: You hit the nail right on the head end.
Speaker 9: I mean, this is the sort of thing that particularly for the really important information your banking, your finance, is, anything related to healthcare, anything that could be tied to identity theft, those sorts of things should have unique passwords at the very minimum two factor authentication, like you said, and then at least once a quarter those passwords should be updated in some way that make it so that by the time that those things do unfortunately end up in these databases that get compromise, they're stale and can't be used against you.
Speaker 1: What about facial recognition. I know a lot of smartphones have that now, where you can log into a website and just by identifying your face.
Speaker 3: I mean, how safe is that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that's actually kind of the next wave of password technology. So a lot of websites now will use your cell phone and something called the pass key, which is something unique to the device and your face together. So it's a different kind of multi factor authentication, but the idea is the same. It's one additional layer that keeps the bad guys away from just being able to use your password to get into your systems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if you look like someone else? Like a lot of people think I look like George Clooney. You know, what if that's the case, could that happen?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, getting into George's bank account might not be.
Speaker 3: The worst thing.
Speaker 1: Anybody who thinks I look like George Clooney needs to have cataract surgery. All right, let's talk about something that's more that's more I suppose pertinent to what we're talking about right now. Uh So, the great fear among I think a lot of people is in the wake of what we did to Iran on Saturday night, which was blow up their nuclear and Richmond sites, that Aron will launch some sort of counterattack. They're already doing it, although it looks more like a fireworks show right now, to a US air base in cutter But there is always the possibility of them attacking us from a cyber standpoint, maybe getting into something that controls our water or our electricity or something like that. The United States, I hope, have the best in the brightest minds when it comes to cybersecurity, but we have to be right one hundred percent of the time, and somebody that wants to get in there and do something the farious has to be right one hundred percent of the only one percent of the time. So how concerned are you right now, Damian Fortune, that something could be done from a cyber standpoint in retaliation to this country for what it did on Saturday night to Iran.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that's actually a great question, and this is actually an issue that has been top of mind for a lot of folks on the hill and at companies like ours. For a long time, our nation adversaries in China and North Korea, Russia Ran actually have very sophisticated offensive cyber programs. They've been running them for many years, and we've actually seen incidences that give rise to concern over the past couple of years. Two years ago, a Chinese hacking group actually shut down the electrical grid in Guam for a couple of days. So this is the sort of thing where as you might imagine, right without running water or access to power, electricity or the internet, things can get out of hands in a hurry. So there are lots of organizations that are taking a lot of time, a lot of money, a lot of effort actually to go into everything from the software to the chips themselves to root out these vulnerabilities because it's a big problem if it does happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we have a lot of grids in this country, and we have infinitely more power companies in this country. Let's just take an average power company, for example, Duke Energy here in the greater Cincinnati area. One would think that their cybersecurity would be pretty good, if not excellent, But what should it be doing. And I'm only using them as an example because they're a local company, what should they be doing to make sure that the people here in the greater Cincinnati area don't lose electrical service?
Speaker 9: Gosh, so many things, you know. The trouble is that these attacks come in from so many vectors. You have to screen your employees to make sure that they haven't been planted by one of these nation states that's kind of sent someone into the country to inject soffer from the inside. You have to constantly do checks on your actual cybersecurity, share your network to software, those sorts of things. But what we're seeing more and more now and increasingly causing concern is that malicious code is actually being kind of smuggled into these utilities through the chips that are part of the actual equipment that power those utilities. So, for example, very recently a large batch of solar panels that came from China, its discovered that a chip that was built into the solar panels actually included a virus with the intent of being able to compromise the solar utility.
Speaker 1: So this might be a good time for any of these companies that distribute water electricity, whatever it may be to do a deep dive into what their security is all about. But the thing you just mentioned is frightening because it may be there and nobody would know it. Solar panels that have chips, well they were made in China. Well maybe they shouldn't have bought those solar panels from China in the first place, But the fact of the matter is they're there. So I'm not sure any of these companies could be one hundred percent certain that they are cyber secure.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 9: I mean, the problem too, is that these ships may come from China originally, but they may they may be assembled in another place by a different company, and by the time that you go all the way through the supply chain, it's really hard to kind of figure out where they're coming from. So you know, there are companies and now NGOs that have been stood up specifically to kind of root out the supply chain problem. But as you can imagine, there's a ton of noise and a ton of moving parts, so it's it's an uphill battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So if you're if you're the if you're the FEDS right now, if you're in Washington, d C. If you're somebody that is in charge of our cybersecurity?
Speaker 3: What what are you doing? What's happening right now?
Speaker 1: Do you think, knowing full well that what I, well you and I are talking about is probably being discussed.
Speaker 3: Everywhere at this hour?
Speaker 1: What what do you what do you think the federal government is doing who have not mitigate what happens, but possibly eliminated.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so there are programs that have been set up over the past few years to review the cybersecurity. The NSA actually offers utilities and other critical infrastructure providers network screening courtesy of their software engineers and things like that. But you know, the real issue right now is that a lot of the programs, particularly on the NGO side, that focused on this issue, have seen their budgets scaled back due to some of the recent spending cuts in Washington. And that's really raised a lot of red flags for folks that in the industry specifically because they've there are fewer eyeballs on this problem. And like you said before, that does only need to be right one percent of the time, and we need to be vigilant and purpose one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe we need more eyeballs but certainly eyeballs that are that are at the top of their game. So this this, this this sixteen billion log in credentials that came to light over the weekend. Uh, people are saying it's not a leak, it's a blueprint for mass exploitation. Does that sound like the sky is falling or do you think there is something to that?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I mean these sorts of attacks have been happening since the Internet opened up for public access. This is there's always a large password, there's always some repository that gets eventually exposed and opened up to the broader public. So I wouldn't say that the sky is falling. I mean, it's just another point saying that we need to be vigilance, we need to change our passwords and have good hygiene. But you know, this is just one of many, many different threat vectors that the bad guys are using to try to compromise everything from our personal finances to our critical infrastructure.
Speaker 1: Damien Unfortune, CEO of Centrics, give us again what centrics se n t ri iq.
Speaker 3: Is all about what do you do? And who came up with that name? Because it's pretty cool.
Speaker 9: We paid some fine folks in the marketing department to come up with that one. We make ultra secure communication tools for the federal government, so easier to think about it as things like signal or WhatsApp teams. We make really secure versions of that for folks that need the levels of protection.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you are in charge of our cybersecurity here in the country. Why didn't you say that up front, Damien Fortune. Well, yeah, I try to be humble, and that's why you got the.
Speaker 3: Job you got because you don't open your mouth.
Speaker 1: But we appreciate you bringing some light into what this might have been all about here over the weekend with this really disturbing information, but certainly what might be on the horizon with something Ron may do that's kind of nefarious. In any event, Damien, it's great for you to jump on with us here today. We appreciate it. Stay well. We need to hear your voice and we'll visit again. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks so much. Ken Tumson, Yeah, I mean there's been a lot of breaches.
Speaker 1: I mean, sixteen billion over the weekend, and then, like I said in early twenty twenty four, the mother of all breaches, twenty six billion records and twenty twenty one, eight billion records leaked online summer ten billion unique passwords and now sixteenth billion unique passwords. A lot of it is older information. A lot of people have changed their passwords and have moved on. But I do think, honestly, if you're not if you're not changing your password a lot on things that control your money or your personal information like health, if you're not changing your passwords consistently, you're just asking for trouble. And when somebody says multi factor authentication, don't look at that as a problem or a roadblock. Just say yes and do it, because you'll save yourself a lot of headaches. But I'm done preaching.
Speaker 3: It's two twenty five News Radio, seven hundred w l W. Terrorism will be stopped by a mighty nation.
Speaker 7: Hello, Bietos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: The world's blowing up all around us.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, Andy Mack, you go, Six Iranian missiles Overcutter intercepted by US missile defenses. Yeah, so it looked like it was a giant fireworks show from Iran, but maybe an off ramp, Justice say, because so the Ayatola can tell his constituents, look what we did to the evil American right, seg we have royalty with us.
Speaker 3: You want to bring in some royalty. I'll tell you what. Why not?
Speaker 1: Ken Brew standing by is one of the greatest football players in the history of Tampa high school sports, someone who also played baseball and went on to manage.
Speaker 3: The Cincinnati Reds and then manage.
Speaker 1: The man we called Justice Aaron Judge, Dave Miley, how are you on this glorious Monday?
Speaker 10: I am it is a glorious money I'm on with Tim Brew and Seth Dennison.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 10: I'm glad still cut your hands, not around.
Speaker 3: Well you would get a word at edge Wise then, Dave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so am I I'm glad he's not here either. I wouldn't be getting paid for doing this. So, so, are you excited about the Yankees being in town?
Speaker 4: I mean, you managed some of the great stars that went on to play in the Yankees.
Speaker 1: You were down, you were the guy, you were the last guy that kissed them goodbye before they went to the Bronx. Are you excited about all of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what I am. I'm excited about the.
Speaker 10: The boy, the young kid who got fishing tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to see him just burns. Yeah, yeah, yeah, heard great things about him.
Speaker 1: But you told me at Red's Fest two years ago. I asked you, I said, Dave Miley, of all the people that you have managed in the Yankees organization, who was the best pure baseball player, the best pure hitter that you managed?
Speaker 3: And you didn't hesitate. You said it was Justice, Aaron Judge. And you still stand by.
Speaker 10: That, right, Oh, I stand by it. You can go if you get a ts Saecond talk to John said that he saw.
Speaker 11: Him play and he uh phenomenal and and and and this was a guy that couldn't hit the ball out of the infield until he got to you, and then you taught him how to be a power hitter.
Speaker 3: Tell me exactly what you taught him. No, I didn't work with him.
Speaker 7: You know better than that.
Speaker 10: Can Mark Marcus Thames. If anybody gets a chance to go down and talk. Aaron Judge mentioned Mark and Tames name, he's he's with the White Talks now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he uh made him just.
Speaker 10: Phenomenal.
Speaker 3: He was the guy's unbelievable. What was it like working in the Yankees organization?
Speaker 8: What was that like?
Speaker 1: Because you had been in the Reds organization virtually your entire career, and now here you go to the Yankees and you're we wind up managing their triple What was it like working in that organization?
Speaker 10: You know, it's funny because there was only two that I worked for, the Reds and the Yankees, and those are the two best organizations around in my opinion.
Speaker 2: So I was fortunate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you you had a lot of players there at what was it Scranton, Wilsbury, Scranton that went went up to the big club.
Speaker 3: A lot of players went up to the big club. Not just Aaron Judge, No, No, we had.
Speaker 10: A lot of them.
Speaker 3: And you know you're talking Bret Gardner and Judge and you can go on and on.
Speaker 10: They did a great job, just like when Tim Dearn and Grant Riser were running the minor league Reds. They had the knack of signing the free agents that not only can play, but our great clubhouse guys and they all went went on.
Speaker 3: The great things.
Speaker 1: Seg did you know that Dave Miley, yes, was a better football player in high school that he was a baseball player.
Speaker 3: This guy would not know. You know, what you learn something new every day about Dave Miley.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the Tampa Chamberlain High School, Tampa Chamberlain, and you were all over the field every time we go out with a camera on Friday night, there's Miley again.
Speaker 3: There is again tackling people.
Speaker 11: You never missing that on TV.
Speaker 3: Well, I I should, great, Tampa people.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: It was it was my it was it was. It was my mistake.
Speaker 1: But I mean you mentioned his you mentioned Dave Miley's name around Tampa chamber On high school.
Speaker 8: Seg.
Speaker 4: I mean people said Genu the Genuflect legend. They're so impressed with this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's kind of like you a ring.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's yeah, Well, Miles, you're still talking about you.
Speaker 3: Good Miles. It was good. It was good talking to you. And maybe I'll bump into you at the ballpark. Huh, that'll work.
Speaker 10: And if you do, if you get a chance, sir, if you're down down there with Aaron Boone and all those guys, yep, go Darren Judge.
Speaker 3: Good Man, give you a hug. My name Okay, all right, he's got the long arms to hug you. Okay, all right. He's a big man.
Speaker 7: He's a big man's man.
Speaker 2: All right, one of those Timbrew, you have a daughter.
Speaker 3: The old adage you want that guy to marry your daughter? How about that? Oh gosh, I don't be like he is a father, But I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Take care man. All right, Miley, there's a good man right there. I'm telling him. When he played football in Tampa, who was he?
Speaker 3: Running back?
Speaker 1: Linebacker, linebacker, linebacker? I think he might have carried the ball once or twice. Two Say give me some sports.
Speaker 3: We need to get into. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Ken Brewthy Yes, dude, reporters A proud of us, every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You can feel a beautiful Western Hills called Derby Heating and Cooling at five one three, five nine eighty four forty nine or go to Dervit Heating and Cooling dot com. But pool a great American ballpark now because it's gonna you know, it's gonna what one hundred and four It feels like one hundred and four out, one hundred and four thousand out.
Speaker 3: So be heat smart at GABP now for the next few days.
Speaker 4: Uh bring water fans, can bring unopened plastic bottles of water into the ballpark. They got missing stations cool water, missing stations available all over the ballpark.
Speaker 1: Somebody said at pay Course Stadium today it was so hot that they saw Mike Brown and Trey Hendrickson sharing an air conditioner standing right in front of it.
Speaker 3: What the wait a minute, hang on, you got a cool room.
Speaker 4: You got cool rooms all over the ballpark down there, and you can watch the game game on TV and then break from the heat, get help if you if you feel sick, and they got plenty of emergency services down there at Great American Ballpark.
Speaker 3: Just stay safe and stay hydrated. A gotta stay hydrated.
Speaker 4: Reds and Yanks tonight game first of three, number up against the Bronx Bombers and seven hundred wlw's covered six ten Sports Talk RNL carriers inside pitch, Kelsey Chevrolet x Strinting show after the game, Nickelodola. Let's see also ken Brew the of course, the Chase Burns, the number two overall pick in the twenty twenty four drafts can being called up tomorrow from He's going to start tomorrow night and Burns is seven to three one seventy seventy ra, eighty nine k's and thirteen major league minor league starts.
Speaker 3: He started at Dayton. I think he jumped from Dayton to Louisville and now here. That's no small leap.
Speaker 4: The Oklahoma City Thunder going to hold their victory parade tomorrow, beautiful through Oklahoma City, the downtown area of Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: Right past the Scurvin Plaza Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. I walked past Elvis Presley in nineteen hundred and seventy six, really, and I'll never forget what he said now. I will never forget what he said to me. When I went past him. He looked at me and said, get out of my way. Okay, okay, king, Okay, did.
Speaker 3: You have a incine it with the Memphis Mafia at that time?
Speaker 1: There was a lot of security around him. Okay, yeah, Elvis was not a tall guy, but he had a lot of security around him.
Speaker 3: I can imagine, like you, well still when you go to Little Miami Brewing or something, walk in with my posse pussy, Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: I think everything's calm down a little bit over there, and uh cut her and Iran and uh yeah that rock right, I mean it's they were shooting him off like crazy here a little while ago.
Speaker 3: Right, it was a fireworks demonstration.
Speaker 1: They'll go back to the iatola and say, we just lit up the sky, Overcutter. And then he can say, look, my people, I took on the great Satan America.
Speaker 4: And I'll go, yeah, it's great. Stop repressing us, but that's great, that's great. And then he saves space and can stay in power. That's what all that's what this is all about. It's all about power. So that's true, Seg. Get us out of the Steoge report. Rocky is in today. And you know when Rocky's in all you know, all things tend to reach a point, a crescendo in in in the broadcast day. And I don't want to delay him at all, ken Brew, in honor of a hot day here in a tri state, stay hydrated and stay cool.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, we leave you with the immortal words of the stewed report.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Who says we're who says we're not brief, seg I'll talk to you at some point. Stay well until then, yes, sir, ken Brew, take care on seven hundred seven. On seven seven seven plus tax seven hundred WLW got a little breaking news from your Cincinnati Reds. Off the injured list, back from a rehab assignment and now dfad by the Reds Jmr Candelario, jmar We hardly knew ye halfway through a three year, forty five million dollar deal audiost.
Speaker 3: Just minutes ago by the Reds.
Speaker 1: Gordon Wittenmeyer of The Inquirer had it first, or at least he did on Twitter. Quite possibly one of the worst free agent signings in the history of the Cincinnati Reds. There's been a few, but this one would be right up there.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: In a couple of minutes, we reached the crescendo of the broadcast day, the high note, as they say in music, the epicenter of the apex of what we do here at seven hundred at w WELW. And it's my job to be the mountain climber and hand the flag to two of the great titans in the history of broadcasting. And that would be, of course, the world renowned and universally revered Eddie Fingers, the man that a lot of people look at and say, yes, he won a Super Bowl ring. Why the hell can't the Bengals, and that would be our good friend rocket Jay Boyman, Rocky, how are you ken?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 12: I've dropped the fly a few times in my life, but hopefully I'll pick it up and carry it on today.
Speaker 3: You have planted it right at the fifty yard line. Now, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: The Democrats are running around yelling and screaming because Trump didn't use the War Powers Act. He didn't have to, by the way, He's got sixty days to do whatever the hell he wants. And secondly, they're running around and screaming, saying stop Trump, Trump bad, this is awful in peach Trump, which is exactly the same song that they've been singing since twenty fifteen. The Democrats don't know anything else except stop Trump. They have nobody that can stop Trump. And I thought what Trump did Saturday night probably saved millions of lives. And the Democrats don't seem to be excited about that. Why do you think that's so.
Speaker 12: Well, it's standard for what they've been doing really since twenty sixteen. Is the end result is whatever Trump did is wrong. It doesn't matter what it was, it's wrong. So now once we've established that, let's work backwards to try to prove that point. And to your you know, about the bombing of Iran, I don't think there's no dispute that Iran having a chemical grade nuclear potential for a bomb is a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Right Is anybody disputing that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 12: Maybe some out there are, But I think Trump, I trust he did the right thing. I also trust that he's a guy that I don't think he wants war does he doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's not what he wants to do.
Speaker 12: But at some point, something within negotiations, and maybe it'll come out later. Somewhere down the line, something happened, and I think against everything he wanted to do, he said, look, we can't let them get a nuclear capability for a bomb. What they're supposed to be able to in the in the agreement, right, the agreement was they can enrich uranium up to three point six percent.
Speaker 3: They were close to sixty percent. Nothing about that.
Speaker 12: They could have done everything they wanted for nuclear power to you know, for their electricity, and everything could have been done at a much much lower grade. Clearly they wanted to enrich uranium for a bomb. So he took matters in his own hands.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't try to become a nuclear powered nation by building a bomb facility three hundred yards down a mountainside. It just doesn't. But yet you've got people running around say well they were maybe trying to become peaceful. It's like, what the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 12: No, And Marco Rubio, he was brilliant the other day on I think it was yesterday on Fox he made that same point. He said, why if you're doing this on the up and up, and you're doing this for all clearly just you know, good purposes for your people, why are you doing in a facility that's buried three hundred feet below ground and you can't let anyone in unless you get permission. So I'm gonna trust Donald Trump on this one. And hopefully things don't escalate, because no one wants a war Worth or American you know, men and women on the ground and all that sort of thing. It seems to be there between what Israel has already done and what we did over the weekend. Seems like I ran some pretty bad shape right now. So hopefully things on't escalate.
Speaker 1: And you and the aging veteran that you're paired with Eddie Fingers. What will the two of you be talking about after the news.
Speaker 12: You're right out of the gate. We have a guest on talking about you know, the question now is you know sleeper cells? Right? I ran sleeper cells and what they can do in terms of you know, hacking and the grid and the power grid, those kind of soft targets we've been talking about for a while.
Speaker 3: We're going to guest on a three o'clock to talk about that. We'll lighten things up a little bit.
Speaker 12: We'll talk about talk to John Rizzley, the patent professor. Yes, at four o'clock. Angel Reese, you're a girl. Angel Reese wants to patent the phrase me bounds. Oh, her offensive rebounds because she misses all the shots, so she gets the rebounds. They're called me bounds. Wow, she wants to patent that, so that much much more. It's a great Showcas. You already get together with Mariah Carey, who wants to patent. All I want for Christmas is you and the two of them could have a patent fest. Ye, maybe with pat leather Shoes, who knows. Have a great show.
Speaker 10: Rock.
Speaker 3: We'll talk when we talk, and and still then stay healthy all right, you two ken, thanks, and you will all be entertained and health wise you will soon
Speaker 4: Be in exquisite shape if you keep it tuned for the rest of this day to seven hundred WLW