Speaker 1: All right, this is the final segment of the week of the Ben and Skin Show. All Right, but it's gonna be a little weird because it's me Kevin with Christina Ray.
Speaker 2: Benin Skin both bailed on their own show.
Speaker 3: Shut out to Ben, who's a little sick.
Speaker 1: Skin's got MAVs duty tonight. He's got a lot of gambling debts that he's got to pay. That's why he has so many side jobs. He owes a lot of mob people a lot of money. So let's do the intro thing for the final thing.
Speaker 3: Thank you too for Tado Barbecue here in the Dallas Farmers Market for having us today.
Speaker 1: I've been here before before today because I like it so much, and I came to get some good food two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: And that's just a brag. You should come here.
Speaker 1: You can go to the one in Mansfield, Arlington once baseball season fires up, two little spots in the ballpark. They're awesome. Best barbecue in town. Bar Nunn, thank you to her title for having us. Hopefully they'll have us back.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 1: So yesterday you might have seen the news that Cowboys offensive lineman Zach Martin retired.
Speaker 3: He'd had enough I.
Speaker 2: Didn't realize he'd been with them for so long.
Speaker 3: Eleven years, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Wait it went by that fast.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it was nine or ten years of service and then only seven holding penalties. I mean, he's a machine and he's a great guy. But I have some audio that I have to bring back from the past because long ago we were just when Travis Frederick was a rookie in twenty thirteen, we did some event with him and we got to know him very well.
Speaker 3: He became a good friend.
Speaker 1: Zach Martin gets drafted the next year and he and Travis Frederick become best buds just like that. So it's the off season after Zack Martin's rookie year and we're like, okay, let's do something, and Ben comes up with this incredible layout and premise of a prank. And the idea is that he is a rich Jewish father who is going to pay Zach Martin and Travis Frederick a big sum of money if they just show up to the son Noah's bar Mitzvah. The son Noah is played by skin Wade in this scene, and I only pulled three minutes of it. It's a long twenty minute thing. This is a prank that I'm telling you with such a big deal. The Dallas Morning News wrote a story about this prank ten years ago, which is weird to see, like radio show pranks, cowboys, offensive linemen, very strang that. So you'll hear Ben playing the role of mister Cohen skin is Noah. And then you have Travis Frederick who's in on the prank, kind of setting it up for Zach Martin, and it goes a little something like.
Speaker 3: This, I haven't let crank to here.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: We want you guys to get Grandma Rose.
Speaker 4: You guys take a giant bucket of freezing cold gatorade and you're gonna dump it on unsuspecting Grandma Rose.
Speaker 5: She's a pistol. She'll love it. It'll be hilarious. Gotcha, Grana Roads.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wanted to be ice cold. I wanted to scare her. I want to blow her away. Our expectation is that you guys will arrive at the omni full pads, helmet, shoulder pads, pants, pant pads, cleats, tape, whatever you do. We want it to look authentic, and Noah will know if it's not. So we want you to come decked out and it's part of the fee. I need full uniforms.
Speaker 5: We should be We'll be in Dallas to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's Zach Martin just telling you that he's happy to throw a gatorade bucket on Grandma Roads.
Speaker 2: Did he tell them how old she was?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, but I mean Grandma you would never do.
Speaker 1: But he's like agreed to do it now if they haven't tucked fees yet.
Speaker 3: And they have to show up full uniform too, which is funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll just talk to Micha. We can talk to Mike Frank.
Speaker 4: I don't care whoever you got to talk to, but just come in uniform. I'm talking from the time you pull up in the valet will usher you into the ballroom babing ba boom. They sitn't gonna take long if you guys are on your game. Here's a little man, hum stuff he little Noah.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second.
Speaker 4: Uh this is Travis Frederick of the Dallas Cowboys, who you wanted us as well as Zach Martin.
Speaker 5: So so hold on, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Uh so, Nancy talked to know. So we are we're deally I one of the reasons we want you the fees we've agreed to. Travis, your fee is thirty thousand dollars. Zach, your fee is five thousand, and we're that's we're discussed and we're good.
Speaker 5: There are we?
Speaker 4: Okay? There, guys, I hear a lot of silence. I'm trying to I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand was that is there a communication here?
Speaker 4: If we get Romo, I would be willing to pay him one fifty, but for a secondary lineman and it's just an offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: I got five. I thought you agreed on deal with that we'd get the same.
Speaker 4: Uh. I apologize if there was a miscommunication. I just I'm not made of money. And you know this is noah Special day. Now that I'm finding out he doesn't really know who Zach is, it's a little bit harder for me.
Speaker 5: But I still can pay him five.
Speaker 4: And it's a lot of money and it only should only take about two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean I would have to just let trap do it.
Speaker 1: If it's totally five.
Speaker 2: That's no disrespect you guys.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna break it. You're gonna break his heart. Hold on, uh, Noah, Zach is saying he's out, He's Zach.
Speaker 5: I don't even know who that is. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Would you do it for twelve five?
Speaker 5: I'm going to talk to Travis about about this.
Speaker 2: We can get back to here.
Speaker 4: But there's one more thing I need Travis to tell you.
Speaker 5: The last thing.
Speaker 1: What's that everybody.
Speaker 4: Loves the pranks I started.
Speaker 5: You're talking to Ben Cohen there, Ben Rogers.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: There's no all right?
Speaker 1: So that was like ten years ago, and Zach I had Ben has the picture. Zach had taken notes of everything that Ben was acting, actually writing it all down, like dump the gatorade on Grandma rows Well.
Speaker 2: Again, the fact that he didn't just hang up once the kids are yelling, and then once he took the offer downrespectful.
Speaker 1: Well another thing that they had agreed to do. And obviously Travis is just going on with it. But Zach Martin, it's kind of your second year in the league, so he's still knew and you can do an event and make a little extra money.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Another thing was to get into the cake with Noah and give him the birds and the bees talk at the.
Speaker 3: Barmits, Yeah, and they're agreed to do it. And it's like on the notes, birds and bees in the cake.
Speaker 1: So you know, congratulations, a good career to our friends Zach Martin, and that.
Speaker 3: Prank is just it's perfect.
Speaker 1: And there's a twenty minute version, of course, but we're not going to play all that. A couple other things, Christina, Yes, I didn't want to do this one, but I think we have time to do it. The Yankees have famously never had beards and mustaches.
Speaker 3: They've had a no facial hair policy.
Speaker 2: And is there any real reason why.
Speaker 1: I think they were just trying to like kind of just have a little power. I really don't understand. And today, after all these years, they announced that you've got.
Speaker 3: A good groomed beard, you can have some facial hair.
Speaker 5: In beards.
Speaker 1: So it's very strange, Like I get it, like even two thousand, I do think times have changed a lot, but to not.
Speaker 3: Allow your people to have facial hair.
Speaker 1: As nuts, Like I would hate to play for the Yankees for that reason, Like I don't want to ever, Like I've shaved my face and I won't I'll grow the beard out and then I'll shave it clean.
Speaker 2: And it's also the whole like being told, hey, no you can't. Yeah, it's like, well now I want to just because you said no.
Speaker 1: It's a little strange. So that's a that's a story. It's kind of taken off.
Speaker 2: Well, it's weird that. Yeah, they just decided just now yeah, right, so it's okay to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The statement reads very weird too, and you're ready it like we've decided, after much reflection that we will allow allow beards, goatees, mustaches. So uh, Diddy's lawyer has quite Yeah, he's uh, I've had enough. There's no way out of this one.
Speaker 2: Not a good sign.
Speaker 3: It is not a signed.
Speaker 1: It is still wild though, as we're just waiting on trials to happen like this one.
Speaker 3: We talked about Luigi earlier in the show.
Speaker 1: These are all weird cases where well, Luigi's there's way more evidence in the Luigi case then there is the Diddy.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we didn't really get into that earlier, like he pleaded not guilty and it's like you are on camera.
Speaker 1: Dude, I mean, there were all just assuming that it was him because it looks like him. And then there's the footage from at the hostel where he's flirting.
Speaker 3: With the hostess. Right, they said he was flirting. I think they just said that because he's Italian. I think that's like just he just smiled at her. He just smiled like everyone I smile at everyone. I see, no one's accusing me of flirting, right, It's nice. But if I was Italian, it's like, hey, hey, whoa buddy?
Speaker 5: Easy?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, but yeah, Diddy's lawyer is like, I'm out, So Diddy's got have to get another lawyer now. And I'm sure there's not like a huge line of people who are like, I'm willing to take this twenty years.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's got to be just for like the fame. It's so aspect, right, because you know you're not gonna win that case.
Speaker 1: You know, it does get your name in the news, right, Like I would have thought that for the OJ case, even though I was too young at the time to fully understand it. I mean I was six when that happened, but you still remember the images of it being on court TV all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that was really.
Speaker 1: Good and it ended up being really good for Johnny Cochran, Right, well.
Speaker 2: You brought that up. Kim, doesn't she have a lot of degree? Okay when she could try?
Speaker 3: Okay, Kim Kardashian, Yes.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian of her father.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is genius actually, I mean, how good is that?
Speaker 2: It's like you want to prove yourself. You want to prove to everyone how smart you are.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I'm ready for this trial now. Like people would watch that all day. They're gonna watch it all day. That is insane.
Speaker 3: I do think it will be interesting to.
Speaker 1: Find out how many names come out of who went to those parties. But let me just say it is a good name for like a party like now, it's got a negative connotation to it, but hey, we're having a big freak off.
Speaker 3: Come on over. No, no, not good.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I would think that's weird, all right, And that's why Diddy's lawyer has quit. Christina's right again.
Speaker 1: Go see her Sunday night at Andy's and Denton sell no pizza. If you don't know Nirvana cover band, we all love Nirvana. We play a crap ton in Nirvana on this station, and a stone Table Pilots band playing as well. So that's pretty cool. That's what Christina is doing this weekend. Hope everyone has a.
Speaker 3: Good, safe weekend.
Speaker 1: Protect those pipes, the pets, the people, what's the fourth one? And plants and plants the four piece for one more night and then we're in the clear, hopefully springtime weather. I've proved that that groundhog was was wrong. Thank you to her Tato Barbecue at the Dallas Farmers Market for having us come out and get some barbecue this weekend.
Speaker 3: Please do that.
Speaker 1: Christina Ray is going to stick around and play four more hours of rock music.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend, everybody. We love you.