Speaker 1: Bill cunning In. The Great American Reds Baseball kicks off this afternoon about five forty with Eddie and the Rock. They've won like four or five in a row. They look unbeatable. They sweep the Ohio Cup as if anyone cares, but it means three great wins against Cleveland. Tito Francona loved that because he's the former manager of the Cleveland then Indians. So we'll see what happens there. But there was a bombshell dropped over the weekend in which ex President Joe Biden was diagnosed with stage four metastastic cancer of the prostate. And for those men over the age of forty five or fifty, this is a shock because I had assumed that if you get your PSA done all the time, and that's an indicator and DRE digital rectal exam, you're kind of inoculated in a sense. So we all would like to know as Americans, can we see the last five to ten year history, when did the PSA spike? Did it happen during his presidency and he kept it secreted he was the president until January of this year, And how bad a shape is it? So joining you and I now is doctor Stephen Kappa. He's with the Urology group here in Cincinnati, and doctor Kappa, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And this is something I'm sure you followed over the weekend. So just give us a general view as to the medical condition right now of ex President Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Bill, I'm thrilled to be here, happy to review the detail to this case, and really to emphasize to your listeners, to your men out there, the bottom line is it's important to get screened, to have these discussions about prostate cancer and prof stay cancer prevention and screening early on so you can hopefully avoid you know, this unfortunate diagnosis that former President Biden received. So yeah, what we know just and this is just from his personal office relief, is that he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. They mentioned Gleason nine disease or Great Groups five disease. They mentioned actually also that it presented with urinary symptoms, and we.
Speaker 4: Do see this.
Speaker 3: Sometimes prostate cancer is typically silent, it's like you mentioned, diagnosed with PSA blood tests, but also sometimes with examination. The statement release indicate that there was a prostate nodule. That's likely what started the biopsy process, which gives you the formal diagnosis. And you know what is also unfortunate in his case, former President Biden's cases, it's metastasized or spread to the bone. I don't have many details beyond that. Again, we can go into more discussion about the specifics of men like him who present with aggressive disease, but that's what we know so far. It's I don't want to sugarcoat it's a very serious condition. But I also want to mention that for men, even like him, who are diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer, we have very good treatments that can focus on quality of life and slowing down the disease.
Speaker 1: And doctor Kappa, he's had cancer's polyps removed from his calling, he's had skin cancer, he's had stroke symptoms. He's elderly. One doc I saw today said that Biden has about a thirty percent chance of living five years from this point on. This is serious, I guess is that accurate that if you catch it at this level in your early eighties, your time frame is quite limited?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I mean so for prostate cancer, it's the most common cancer in men. One in eight men will get diagnosed with prosta cancer in their lifetime. It's the second most common killer in terms of procetaly in terms of cancer for men. But we fortunately find this in early stages and men can actually do very well with appropriate treatment. So of all the men who are diagnosed with prosta cancer, only three percent will die from their disease, and your statistic there is absolutely true. So for men who present with advanced stage disease spread to other parts of the body, the five year survival is much lower at thirty seven percent according to the most recent data. So you know, there's a big wide spectrum in terms of how we treat and see these cases. But for the more advanced cases it is more difficult, no doubt. But again the anshasis will be is that he still has treatment options. I don't know the exact details of his case, but I do believe in trust will get excellent medical care from here.
Speaker 1: Doctor Kappa. As far as releasing more information, I think it is required of a public official who was recently the president in January of this year, to release to the public the last five or ten years of PSA and drees to see when this metastasized. Is it fair to say that this did not happen after January when he left office, this thing was present months or years before.
Speaker 3: Well, typically prote cancer can be slow growing, and it's really hard for me to speculate on that. What we know is that his presentation was obstructive urinary symptoms and that's what prompted the physical exam, the nodule, the work up, the biopsy, and the imaging that will ultimately led to the information that we have available. We do see some cases where men have lower PSAs and have more aggressive forms of disease. PSA screening, as you mentioned, it is a really important thing, and the recommendations now and then this is just for all your listeners. At the age of fifty, you got to get in get your blood checked. It's a very simple blood draw and a physical exam. For higher risk men like black men, those who have a family history of prosta cancer, the recommendations that are to get screened even earlier. Your question really was about, you know, he's eighty two years old, what are his PSAs before? I don't have any information about that.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well the thought is, you know, I hate to talk about politics when it's biology. But if he knew he had this cancer the last couple of years of his presidency, why wasn't that made public? Every time he had a yearly medical exam, the doctor said he was in tip top shape. He could solve a Rubik's cube in about nine seconds, sharp as attack. This guy's in great health. And I'm thinking, well, he's in great health, but he's stumbling, mumbling and fumbling, and now he's got an aggressive, former proceday cancer that most certainly was present in the last one to three years of his presidency that we weren't notified of. What was this a cover up? And secondly, talk about the symptoms. Most men like tell me they get up once or twice a night. I know yours surely does in order to urinate. What are the urinary symptoms that he had that would indicate that more aggressive treatment was indicated. What kind of symptoms are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, Your point's are really important one, which is you know, how can prostac cancer present I mentioned it's usually a silent presentation, just identified by a laboratory screen test, the PSA tests. But we do see, I mean I see patients with prostay cancer every week, and we do see patients who unfortunately present with urinary symptoms. That's that's what was released in the statement by his personal office. Obstructive urinary symptoms.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 3: Number two can be pain in the back or other areas of the bone, unintentional weight loss, blood in the urine. So these these are unfortunately signs of more advanced disease. And that's the information that we have for him, and you know that is fortunately less common. Usually we catch this much earlier and we can treat it effectively. So again it's it's hard to know exactly what happened in his case, but a very small percentage and then will actually present with symptoms like this and present with metastatic or disease outside of the prostate.
Speaker 1: As far as the Gleasian score of nine, it goes one to ten. Nine is about as bad as it gets.
Speaker 3: Correct, yes, sir, yeah, there, it's a little confusing. And the gleas And score is the historic grating that we use for cancer of the prostate. So basically, you know, for your listeners, we take a biopsy sample of the prostate, we look at it under the microscope, and we give it a Gleas and score. So it's confusing because it's six, eight, nine, ten.
Speaker 2: Do you mention?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nine is aggressive. That's that is about as bad as it gets. So there's another classification, a newer one called great group one, two, three, four, five. So it gets confusing. But historically you'll see Gleason score used. That's what we commonly share with patients and Gleason nine. I would think of this on a scale of six to ten. He's nine on that scale, which represents a more aggressive form of process cancer.
Speaker 1: Doctor Stephen Kappa, Eurology Group here in Cincinnati. Lastly, as far as a man, let's say a man like yours truly sees once a year, I go to the Eurology group. I have relatively low PSAs below four. I have that digital rectal exam, which is, shall we say, disconcerting. I tell doctor Eric Coon, while you're up there, you got ten seconds enjoy yourself. But I don't want any more. What at risk is a guy that low PSA, but say below four and drees are negative. How much risk is yours truly at.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I think you're doing all the right things. I appreciate you sharing that personal.
Speaker 4: Message with the audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's kind of the bottom line. When I would advise men who are listening to this program, one and eight men get diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime, and you know, I think about this, this is your lifetime risk of prostate cancer is more than the likelihood of your car breaking.
Speaker 2: Down this year.
Speaker 3: And everybody gets their oil change, their car check, you know, all the maintenance done in their car. But a lot of guys won't come in to see their doctor. So you mentioned the things that you got to do. Start at age forty to forty five if you're higher risk, fifty at the latest. For all men, you get your PSA done. The exam has an important role as well, but I wouldn't let guys let that scare guys off. It's really not that.
Speaker 4: Big of a deal to get done.
Speaker 3: But at a minimum, we want that blood test, the PSA. We want to individualize, personalize your care to your own risk factors. So that's what happens on that discussion, and I have this discussion again every day with men. It's it's about the risks and the benefits of screening and treatment, and we walk through that journey with you for your case it sounds like you're doing all the right things. You're getting your checks, you're you're having that discussion with your doctor every year, and so I would just encourage all guys.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 3: You know, you get your oil changed, you don't hesitate that you have a lower risk of your car breaking down than you do of getting prostate cancer in your lifetime. So definitely, you know, I think that this story really high. It's an unfortunate story, and we hope the former president does well. But you know what I would say is this can be a wake up call for all the guys listening. Don't ignore those symptoms, like if you have those obstructive urinary symptoms, you have blood in your urine, If you haven't seen your doctor in a long period of time, start that conversation today. Make that appointment today, because it can really save your lives and you can be around healthier and longer for your family.
Speaker 1: Is it possible that ex President Joe Biden had low PSA and had digital rectal exams on a regular base. He's at risk patient, not just the president, but at risk all the cancers that he's had. Is it possible this thing developed after January? The twentieth of this year, although here was the president like four months ago. He's got the awesome power. And is it possible all these things developed in the last one hundred and twenty days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, it's it's really hard for me to speculate on that because please do please do the medical record. But is Nephew by no, And as I understand the question very well, and it's so hard. I mean, the question is is do we see patients who come in for the first time who have an advanced diagnosis that they didn't know about or they may have had recent conceptive symptoms. Could they have a fast growing cancer that's aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do we see patients who have low PSA who have unfortunately aggressive forms of prostate cancer other types of we call them histologic subtypes, but you know, different forms of it.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are these rare?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Again, real hard to speculate in this individual case. But you know what I would say is, you know, this case really highlights the importance of early screening, early intervention, because you don't want to come in with obstructive symptoms and a prostate nodule and a really high PSA, a really high glease and score and spread of disease to your bones. You know, some men will experience pain in their bones. It's really a difficult quality of life's concern. And so yeah, I would just again emphasize the importance if you want to catch it early. Early screening saves lives and process cancer is the most common common cancer for men. Really hopefully a wake up calls, all your listeners, get in, get checked.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no guarantees in life. You get guarantees from Midas Muffler and that's about it. But assuming you have a low PSA, you have digital rectal exams, you still can catch it, but you catch it early. On the other hand, you can have no PSAs and no digital and you're fine, good to go. So the fact you have a low PSA and nothing on the dres, the only way to do to cardman if you have it or not is through a biopsy, and you don't want to go through that unless there's some other indicator. Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, you're put your I love the question because you know what we do is we have other tools. We start with the screening, you know, the risk factors, the family history, the PSA, the exam, but we have a lot of other tools, and what's been amazing about prostate cancers. We have new imaging tools, so MRI I have the prostate for example. We have other non invasive tests that we can do to individualize your risk, genetic testing, there's a whole bunch of things that we employ to counsel patients. You know, before they make that biopsy decision. We don't make that flippantly at all. And then you know, even beyond that, ways to image the entire body. There's a brand new pet scan it's called a PSM, a PET scan that allows us to better identify exactly where prostate cancer is. So uh, it's been encouraging not just to see how we can better diagnose and manage patients, tell them about their risk, but also treat them a rapid devio of treatments over the last five to ten years. So there really is a message of hope too, not just early screening, but even if you do unfortunately get a prostate cancer diagnosis, they're excellent treatments available for you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, But in his case, his age, et cetera, it's a difficulty. Hi, I like that, wouldn't it be good in your profession to have Biden make clear his medical records the past five years to put at rest those who think I'm doing all the right stuff. If he did all the right stuff and this thing erupted after January the twentieth, that'd be extremely unusual. But it's possible. It's possible. And the nodule could it be the size of a grain of sand, or it could be the size of a pee? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, and we do these exams, and again it's uncommon that we find cancer this way on physical exam.
Speaker 4: But we do.
Speaker 3: And they can be small nodules. Usually the prostate I would think it's smooth. And you know, some men actually experience just enlargement, so they don't have cancer, but they just have an enlarged profitate. So it can be an informative test. But yeah, it can just be whatever you find a novel, you do definitely got to get a BIA scene. That's what sounds like happened in his case. And you know, I think he shared with the public that cancer affects everybody. That's absolutely true. So you know, another thing is just in terms of prostate cancer prevention, I always emphasize the importance of healthy lifestyles. You know you're asking that, Hey, I'm getting my PSA, I'm getting my exam.
Speaker 4: What else can I do?
Speaker 3: There are very basic things about nutrition and exercise and sleep, avoiding smoking, other substance use. There are basic things that you can do from a men's health perspective to optimize your health and and do everything you can to stay healthy and happy for your family and to enjoy enjoy life.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll come in again. I'm going to come in in September to see doctor Eric Koon. I'm going to tell him again about our conversation. Why don't you talk to him about the Great American? Tell him the Great American once come in earlier got me spooked a little bit here because I assume I've got the best medical care in the world, and he got stage four metastastic cancer and the spread to the bone, and I guess he's done everything possible and it's still happened. I need more facts. But doctor Stephen Kappa, Eurology Group, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. We'll talk again soon, and Doc, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: No, I appreciate the time and thank you very much for having me on.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. I think it is absolutely incumbent upon Joe Biden to act responsibly and to relate precisely the number of times he's ad PSA and drees to give us an idea that there's a way of helping to diagnosis ahead of time, which is not going on, and we get nothing. I like to know more information, wouldn't you. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW. Bye Billy Cunningham, the Great American Joa and you and I now is doctor Lastmi Somarco, Hemna County Corner and doctor Samarco. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, doctor can you tell the American people your preliminary findings and what caused the death of Ryan Hinton on May first of this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Willie, thanks for having me on the show. Just you know, I had the press conference to make sure that the facts were given accurately to the public. So he had a soft tissue wound to the left forearm and entrance wound and exit wound. Then he had the lethal wound was to the side left lateral which is the side of the chest. And that did deflect and injure one of the ribs and then went traveled through the left ventricle and exited near the sternum.
Speaker 1: So, as far as the may I use the term kill shot, can you relative to the left armpit, how many inches below the left armpit did the bullet enter and what part of the body did it exit?
Speaker 5: It didn't, I mean, it's not interesting. So if if you were wearing a if he had been wearing a bra like a woman, would it would be bralined basically, and it exited by the sternum.
Speaker 1: Is there any indication at this point whether there were three shots fired or two that hit the body.
Speaker 5: That's a great question. What we do is describe entrance and exit wounds, and so there are actually three entrance wounds. The reason we don't make a comment about whether it's the same bullet or not is we don't know.
Speaker 2: But it is.
Speaker 5: Possible that the left form and left lateral chest wound could have been caused by the same bullet. That is possible.
Speaker 1: The videotape shows Ryan Hinton running, so if the arm was in the downward position and the right arm in the upward position as he was running, it's possible the bullet would have entered the forearm as he was running, and that the same bullet is the one that went through the chest and exit out the startam Is that correct?
Speaker 5: That's yeah, the left form. Yes, that is correct. It's possible.
Speaker 1: What was that bullet recovered?
Speaker 5: No, no, there were only small pieces of it that were recovered.
Speaker 2: But no.
Speaker 1: Now, you also made the comment, at least at the news conference in the media, that you received the grand jury subpoena from the prosecutor's office. It was the first time in thirteen years that has happened. Why is that unusual?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you got me. I mean, this is the first time I've ever gotten one, So I don't I was unaware. In fact, I kind of asked the some of the more experienced people that had retired from that office in the past, has that ever happened in Hamilton County? And one of them, who had been there over forty years, said no. So I was not familiar with that happening and why, And so I asked that question, and like I said, I had to. I canceled it. But it was basically in my mind of postponement because I just needed to gather the facts and information and find out, you know, what was needed and what needed to happen. And once I got all my ducks in a row to understand what the implications were of the grand jury subpoena, and then I and then I also found out that some of the preliminary autopsy findings were being provided in a public way, not from my office, but other offices. And I felt it was important that the public care from our office because, as you know, I mean, over thirteen years, I have been tried. I have tried to be as transparent as possible with the public, with the media, and also as factual as we can. And I think it's important that the media and the public here from me or somebody in my office what the findings are, so that we can accurately provide that information and answer questions.
Speaker 1: There was a report from Ken Kober, who's had of the FOP that he said on this air that the anton was shot from the front and the bullets began exited from the front of his chest to the back of the chest. Is it fair to say your findings did not support that.
Speaker 5: That's correct. Our findings did not support that.
Speaker 1: Now there's a report and also from other sides, the Cochrane Law firm. I had on mister Wright from the Cochrane Law firm. He said he was shot in the back. Did your findings find that to be inaccurate?
Speaker 5: The lethal wound was from the left side of the.
Speaker 1: Could the bullet have come from the back, in other words, when the officer fired that bullet did not?
Speaker 5: No, because the entrance wound was left lateral chest and it exited near the sternam, which is the front of the chest. Right, So not that one, all right?
Speaker 1: So in a sense, the head of the police union may be wrong, and the Cochrane Law firm may also be wrong. If one says it was a front surnam to back and the law firm says it was from the back, both those indications, if what I said is accurate, both of them are wrong.
Speaker 5: When it comes to the lethal wound.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Now, when you mentioned your own counsel, there was some reference that your news conference A nine and a half that you're getting your own counsel. I think the guy's name. I don't want to give out his name if it's a matter, but by statute, the Coroner's office's lawyer is Connie Pillach the county prosecutor, and why would you need your own counsel?
Speaker 5: I consulted somebody to give us some advice because the grand jury subpoena that was served was served by the prosecutor's office, and in discussing with the prosecutor's office the grand jury subpoena and other information that I requested, they said that I would They advised that I would need to obtain independent counsel because that represented a conflict of interest for the prosecutor.
Speaker 1: And you're relying upon the advice not of the prosecutor Countie Pillage, but on this independent attorney to persede how to PROCEEDE.
Speaker 5: Is that correct as far as the press conference was concerned, Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: At this point, has there been a second autopsy requested by the Cochrane Law firm.
Speaker 5: Yes, Actually I was aware. I was made aware about a week ago or a week and a half ago that that had already been perform formed.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that's why the body was released for burial on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Well, the body was released for burial when we were done, So we don't we don't hold the body back if we're done with what we need to do. We want the family to have the option to as always with any case, as soon as we're done doing what we need to do for our portion of investigation, we release the body to the family so that they can say goodbye to their loved ones and take the appropriate measures to to make that happen. So we do that as quickly as we can for anybody. And what happens to the body once they receive the body at the funeral home is up to the family. And if the family chose, along with their attorney, to have a second autopsy done at that time, that's that's their choice to make.
Speaker 1: As far as this other bullet, I think there was a third gun shot and that slug was found inside the body. Can you tell the American people the course of that third gun shot that was located beneath the base of the skull.
Speaker 5: Explain that, please, So that was that travel just beneath the skin and the entrance wound was the right poster a lateral and I you know, right poster a lateral portion of the chest and adjacent to the right shoulder, So it was in that region and it literally traveled right between the right I'm sorry, right beneath the skin, and it stayed was just beneath the skin. It didn't impact any bones at all.
Speaker 1: Can you say which of the gun shots were fired first? Because when I hear the left side like a woman's brawl strap, kind of several inches below the armpit. Then I hear about this other bullet that hit the right side, that indicates to me the body was turning in some sense? Am I right about that?
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you what position. I mean, I can tell you that the that the lethal wound was from the left side, so and like literally the side not you know people say was a kind of a little bit to the fan, a little bit to the back. No, it was directly at the side of the body. So that I can tell you as far as which one was first and which one was second or third, I I couldn't tell you. I mean, I don't know which one. And I don't know if somebody can take a look at that body camera bodycam footage and tell you either, because there, I mean, it is moving pretty fast and it's really blurry, and I don't know about you, but I get a little motion sick, and I mean even seeing enough without like oh boy, I can't watch, so you know, I think an expert that can go frame by frame and maybe isolate some of the sound and can do that maybe able to tell, but we can't tell which one was first or second.
Speaker 1: So someone would take a laser beam from the end of the police officer's weapon and have a straight laser beam into the body of Ryan Hinton. The entry room that killed him was directly in the side, neither front nor back, below the armpit and the left side of the chest, and the other wound was in the right side of the chest. The bullet came to beneath the base of the skull and stopped there. That wasn't the kill When I hear about base of the skull, I'm thinking that's like a kill shot, but you're saying it is.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: It didn't even enter the skull.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was completely just beneath the skin and it was below the skull. I was just trying to give a position of where the bullet ended up, because we did retrieve that bullet, okay.
Speaker 1: But as far as the kill shot, it was directly in the side, which would indicate that when Ryan Hinton was shot, the officer was to the side and not to the front of the back.
Speaker 5: That's the way the bullet traveled. It was directly to the side.
Speaker 1: Where does your investigation go from here? Are you completely done at this point?
Speaker 5: No, We actually have a couple more lab tests that we're waiting on just to be complete. And when everything is put together, everything we finalize, the death certificate will be final certificate will be signed, and that'll be the end of that. So you know, as far as what percentage of the investigation do we have left, probably less than ninety percent. Most of it's already been done, but we're always complete on looking for as I said in the press conference, as a service to Hamilton County residents and to the family of the victims, we're pretty thorough and looking at all the other parts of the body to see if maybe there's some sort of genetic disease or something that we need to inform them about, or if there were other medical issues that that person had. We try and be complete to give them all the information.
Speaker 1: Did you find any illegal drugs in Ryan Hinton's body?
Speaker 5: Well, that's still toxicology, and that's still even though some of it's come back, not all of it's comeback is the.
Speaker 1: Part that's comeback indicating he had illegal drugs in his body.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't want to talk about it right now, Willie, because we still have other things pending and I don't want to keep going back and forth on the information. Let's just wait until we get everything, Okay.
Speaker 1: Can you discuss that all the gun itself, was it in the right hand of Ryan Hinton? Do you know from any of your work whether the gun was in the right hand at the time he was shot.
Speaker 5: We don't have any of that information. We you know, as far as if you're looking for a gunshot residue and whatnot. As I explained in the press conference, just the fact that he was shot could cause him to have gunshot residue on a skin surface, So that wouldn't be a definitive indicator of whether he had a gun in his hand or not. And if you know, and I think you know this already, I mean, the presence of gun guntrot residue doesn't necessarily indicate whether even somebody pulled the trigger, right, I mean that there's a certain distribution if if a shooter pulls the trigger. But just the fact that there may be gunshot residue anywhere on the body or clothing doesn't necessarily mean that they pulled it. They could just be near somebody that was shooting, or you know, within a closer vicinity so that it sprays out on them and you know, and if you're a victim that's been shot, of course there's going to be gunshot residue, So it's not a good indicator.
Speaker 1: Did you find any NITRATEE or gunshot resnue on the body of Ryan Hinton?
Speaker 5: No, that's another thing I would have to ask for our firearms guys about or trace evidence guys, because I haven't looked into that. I was simply presenting autopsy findings.
Speaker 1: Now, how many feet was Ryan Hinton when he was sent by the kill shot from the origination of the shot? Was it five feet ten feet twenty?
Speaker 5: Would would not be able to tell you. That would be something that I wouldn't be able to tell you. And if the pathologists can can say that, nobody asked him that question that I'm aware of, because I wasn't given that information.
Speaker 1: So as far as the right hand of Ryan Hinton, there was no indication that Ryan Hinton had far at any weapon.
Speaker 5: Is that fair to say, I don't know that. I don't know what the GSR GSR results were on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, And when will you have the toxicology report complete.
Speaker 5: About Well, hopefully we'll have most of the stuff complete by this week, would.
Speaker 1: Say, within seven within seven days, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would think so. Yeah, And I still have to I'll still have to check with our tree seven in section as far as if we did any GSR collection and what that showed.
Speaker 1: That's as gunshot residue is GSR correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, doctor Samarco, thank you. I have I not asked you a question I should have.
Speaker 5: That's your job, Willy, a great job. But you know what, I do want to say something, you know, because I think you and I have discussed this before. I think the events of the last few days really make it apparent why it's so important for corners to be independently elected in the great state of Ohio. I mean, it's exactly these kind of situations where you want your corner to be independently elected and empowered to be able to speak to the people and give them provide the factual information to the people.
Speaker 7: This is relatable.
Speaker 1: It's about a month ago the House of Representatives and Columbus passed a bill that eliminated the county corners offices put them under the auspices of county commissioners. And everyone I've spoken to about that said, don't do it. And this is a perfect example as why not to do it. You don't represent the prosecutor, you don't represent county commissioners, you represent an independent body elected by the people directly. Is that the point you're making.
Speaker 5: That's exactly the point I'm making, And that's why I asked everybody to. Senator Bill Bluffing has authored an amendment to remove that language and keep the corners elected in the state of Ohio, and he's putting that in front of the Senate for their vote, and I encourage everybody to get in touch with their state senators to please find on that or to support his amendment.
Speaker 1: All right, Doctor Somarco, thank you, And you waited to have it to you got independent lawyer advice and to proceed, and you're proceeding, I guess over the objection of the county prosecutor.
Speaker 5: Is that fair to say, well, I'm proceeding after I've been given advice that I can proceed and I think it's important for our public to have the information from our office, directly from our office.
Speaker 1: You don't work for nobody but the American people.
Speaker 5: I work for the people of Hamilton County.
Speaker 1: Doctor lastmy Somarco.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Thank you, Willie.
Speaker 1: I love all right, let's continue, wow, so we'll see what happens. I'm holding these statements of Cincinnati police saying that this was justified shooting, which I certainly believe is the case, but it appears not to be the case. That the officer shot Ryan Hinton directly in front of him in the chest, starting him in the back. It appears likely at this point that Ryan Hinton did not have in his right hand the so called nine millimeter. The picture has shown it appeared he did not have it. But let's see what develops later. It's still, to my way, a justified shooting. And in fact, the county prosecutor, County Pillage, said on Friday with me on the air, that she has seen nothing to indicate that it was a bad shooting, and she has seen all the videotape available. There's only one, by the way, only the officer doing the shooting. Body camp it's only one available. And Connie Pillage said on Friday, she's seen nothing to indicate that a crime was committed by the police, and I assume she's sticking with that because she has seen the videotape. Now she is the autopsy results which seemed to indicate that Ryan Hinton was shot from the side and not the front or the back from the side. Let's continue, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW. Let's continue now, Billy Cunningham and break the news happening there, here, there and everywhere. And first of all, on the shooting of Ryan Hinton, there's nothing anyone in law enforcement is seen up to this point to indicate it was may use the term of bad shooting. There's contradicting pieces of factual evidence that may be given by a police officer and the horrid circumstances of the moment that he doesn't accurately perceive everything simultaneously, and to go back in time a little bit, the police officer at the critical moment after the words gun, gun, gun, or heard on the body camp. It's a life and death struggle, life and death situation when an assailant, when a criminal illegally possesses a gun and is fleeing from police. It would take less than a quarter of a second to take the gun from the right hand into a shooting position and shoot the police officer or other cops or other civilians. I think that the Ryan Hinton camp is going to seize on the idea that he was not shot from the front or either from the side. In fact, he wasn't shot in the front or the back. He was shot in the side. Doctor Somarco said, if you can envision a woman's brawl under her left arm pit, about four or five inches, the bullet entered in that area, which is lateral on the side, and exited kind of out the right side of the sternam taking with it part of the heart. So he was a man. I used the term a kill shot. And Ryan Hinton was dead shortly after the bullet entered his heart and destroyed it and came out the right side. And that bullet was never located and somewhere in the woods. And the other bullet appears to be a circumstance. That was a flesh wound and it was located inside the body at the base of the skull on the neck, but that wasn't a critical wound because it was under the skin as it transverse from left to right. Now, I spoke off the air to Michael Wright, who's the civil attorney for the Cochrane Law firm. He's going to come on tomorrow after he has more time to listen to doctor Somarco. The civil attorney heard about five minutes of the interview, and he said he would rather wait until he listens to the entire Somacher interview and digests the coroner's report before commenting on it publicly. They're going to seize on the fact that there may have been some misstatements made in the heat of the moment by Cincinnati police dedicate that there was a gun pointed at the officer, and that may not be the case. According to this statement from Cincinnati Police, from the Fugitive Apprehension Squad was investigating a stolen car near East Price Hill. When the officers approached the stolen car, forced suspects jumped out of the car and ran. One of the suspects pulled a semi automatic handgun and pointed it at an officer. That officer fired his weapon, hitting the suspect. The armed suspect was deceased and no officers were injured, and Ken Kober as a good man, went on to say police officers around the country are trained to defend their lives and use deadly force when a suspect points a gun at them. While no officer wants to be forced to use deadly force, every Cincinnati police officer wants to make it home to their families at the end of the shift. And those words were repeated by Chief of Police Teresa Thiji. It appears at this point very unlikely that a gun held by Ryan Hinton was pointed at Cincinnati police. The videotape shows maybe the gun in the right hand, but maybe not. When you do it's frame by frame, an expert forensic officer told me it was likely that Ryan Hinton did not have in his right hand the gun at the moment he was shot, but he picked it up twice before. Maybe he dropped it at his side, maybe a split second before he was shot. And I don't know, you know these events here we sit what ten days later. The events took place on May first, it's now May nineteenth, It's been nineteen days and we sit here and we frame by frame, millisecond by millisecond, evaluate and put ourselves in the shoes of that police officer, and then go back nice and slow and react what he could have done, what he should have done, what he might have done instead of what he did. In a similar circumstance, when you he's ad a vehicle and your service weapon is not drawn because you're chasing someone, a fellow officer yells, gun, gun, gun, gun, gun.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 1: You know, what do you got? A life and death situation. He was not shot in the back as some have claimed. He was not shot in the front as some have claimed. He was shot in the side. That's the that's the proof, and uh, in a similar circumstance, I can't say the officer made a mistake. How long would it have it taken? He perceived the gun in the right hand, I've been told likely the gun was not in the right hand at the point Ryan Hinton was shot. Heady dropped it again. There's lots of photos of the gun on the on the pavement, and there was a round in the chamber. It had an extended mag and when I asked questions of the coroner about toxic college reports or whether this gunshot residue, which any indicates the distance the bullet traveled as an exit a The police officer's gone that we don't get answers, as she said, within a week we have toxicology. So uh this uh on still the fears of some and enraged the fears and others. Michael Wright, who I spoke to twice in the last twenty minutes, sees the civil attorney the Cochrane Law firm representing the Ryan Hitton family says he's got great concerns about whether this was a good shooting or not. I call it justified or unjustified, since the death of anyone is normally bad. So according to the right Michael Wright and the Cochrane Law Firm, it's it's going to be an unjustified shooting, and according to police, it's going to be a justified shooting. However, the original statements of Chief Thiji and the FOP through the mouth of the shooting officer fact actually may not be completely accurate. To be kind, did the officer perceive a gun was pointed at him? If the answer is yes, it's justified. Was there a gun pointed at the officer doesn't appear, so could he perceive something that's inaccurate. Hell, I do that all the time, But my decisions are not life and death. I got a large dump button right there. Should I use it more than I use it? Probably? But at the moment when a bad word is said, do I reach for the dump button and hit it? As I'm processing what was said, I have about six seconds to make a decision, dump it or not dump it. I often make a mistake when I don't dump it. Hardly ever, make a mistake when I do dump it. In fact, in my decades here, I think I've hit the dump button once in my entire life. So I when I don't hit the dump button or hit the dump button, people aren't dead. When a police officer makes a life and debt decision at that moment, I'm going to portum ninety nine percent of the time until I'm shown he committed some criminal act. And in this case, Connie Pillage, how many county prosecutors said to me on Friday and our heir to you? Up to this point, she sees nothing to indicate this case should be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment of the Cincinnati Police officer. She has seen nothing, and she has seen the entire videotape. There's only one we now know. There's not four or three or two. There's nothing from this so called condo. There's one videotape and she's seen it frame by frame by frame as of Friday. Friday was what the sixteenth of May, which is sixteen days after the event, and the body cam was available the next day that was shown to Hinton Senor that resulted in the murder of Larry Henderson. So I pray to God that justice has served. I pray to God that Connie Pillage will do what should be done, which does not present this case to the grand jury. Now why do I say that, Well, if you've heard Connie Pillage has said it and Rob Sanders have said it, they both said the same thing. It is our ethical duty as prosecutors not to present a case to the grand jury for possible indictment unless we firmly believe that a crime was committed, that the person being charged committed that crime. And Connie Pillage said on Friday, I've seen nothing to this point to indicate that a crime has been committed by the police officer. There you go, and we're going to find out later who took the picks of the of the gun that was on the pavement. We know he picked it up at least twice, once in the car to run with twice when he dropped it, pick it up again. Cops are yelling gun, gun, gun. The heart's beating about one hundred and fifty times a minute. The gun is drawn, he flashes and sees a person running between two metal dumpsters, and he makes his split second decision to fire his weapon four or five times. The corner cannot say whether it was two shots fired or three shots fired, and that hit the body. The one the kill shot could have been through the left forearm, into the left side of the chest, and then out the right side of the chest. That was the kill shot, because that shot went through a rib, went through the heart and killed him almost instantaneously. And here we are second guessing, almost three weeks later, what he could have done, what he should have done should he not fire the weapon. If he didn't fire it, and he perceived that the gun was in his right hand, gun, gun, gun, it would take a quarter of a second for Ryan Hinton to take that weapon pointed at the cop and fire many shots. And here we sit and analyzing this frame by frame, second by second, millisecond by millisecond to determine what the cop did, what he should have done, what he said, what he shouldn't have said. And here we're going to sit for a while and wait for the toxicology report, which is not going to be dispositive of the issue anyway. Whether he was high or not high, had marijuana or something else in the system, is not going to be particularly germane sure whether the officer should have shot him or not, because you can't shoot somebody free of drugs anymore. They can shoot somebody with drugs in their body. An officer at that time did not know. He knew he had to shoot to protect his life. That was his perception, and perception sometimes is grounded in reality. Sometimes it isn't, but isn't a reasonable perception. Even if the reasonable perception is wrong, it's a justified shooting because you have to put yourself in the shoes of that police officer who had that split second decision to make to save his life and the lives of his fellow officers. There were many there, as many as four or five. He had to shoot he thought in his mind he perceived a threat and he acted to eliminate the threat. The perception, even if the perception is wrong and Ryan Hinton did not have possession of the gun in his right hand, if it was reasonable to presume the officer believed if perception was right, then it's a justified shooting.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: And I would anticipate that County pillage. The county prosecutor will not submit a case to the grand jury of Hamley County unless she firmly believes a crime was committed. You don't want some runaway grand jury indicting and causing real havoc because if this is determined to be an unjustified shooting, there's going to be near riotous conditions among law enforcement in this community. You can't put a cop in that situation and say we're not going to stand with you. Did he perceived a threat and did he eliminate it? Yes, if his perception was wrong, but it was reasonably right at the time, then that is a justified shooting. Can you smell what I'm cooking? I perceive things differently in reality all the time in my life, and if I'm reasonable to assume that a person with a gun, fellow officer yelling gun gun, gun, has a split second running in between the dumpsters. That officer perceived a threat and he eliminated the threat to himself and to his fellow officers. Those are the facts. Well, let's continue if a line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundredth the new eight and T and I'm not touched on yet, Seemingly the lies of Joe Biden and the medical report from Walter Reed. In February of twenty twenty three, the White House released a medical summary from Walter Reed, declaring President Bind quote a healthy, vigorous, eighty year old male. They document noted minor ailments sleep apnea, acid reflex and neuropathy in his feet, but assured us there was no cause for concern, And in February of twenty twenty four, they essentially said the same thing, fit for duty. What did Biden know and when did he know it about having stage four prostate cancer that had metastasized to his bones. I mean he was our president through January the twentieth, having touched on that. Yet, we'll do it later. He's got a glease in score of nine, which indicates the cancer had been there for years. When did he lie and when didn't he lie? Oh, let's continue. I just feel for this police officer who's going to go through a living hell the next few years essentially doing his job. But tomorrow I want to hear from the other side. You can decide yourself. We've scheduled Michael Wright to be here from the Cochrane Law firm, who represents the estate of Ryan Hinton. He's going to review the autopsy findings, review the comments of doctor Lastmi. So Marco with you and I about half about an hour ago, and then come on to talk about his perception of what he sees on this shooting by Cincinnati police. Let's continue. Whenever stop, we simply continue. The reds that are streaking like crazy on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: And guess what the first frost You know what was happening. You had to put on the windshield wipers to get literally the oil slick off the window. That's why I had so damn any other people I grew up have cancer and why camp For the longest time, Delaware had the highest cancer rate in the nation.
Speaker 7: Hello, quiet and i'm scos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: According to experts, there was little oil slicks on windshields and Delaware. Secondly, Delaware never had the highest cancer rates in America. And number three is no idea what he's talking about. Number four, he has stage four prostate cancer with the glease in the score of nine. And this was president in his body months if not years during the presidency, and he kept it quiet. Seg, would you care to respond to any of this. I'm sure the truth will set us free. Willie, I don't know, but hope for the you know, hope the best for the president. According to my doctors, I just had one on an hour and a half ago, he's got less than a thirty percent chance to live five years. And he was president until January of this year, and he kept it secret. If this was oh, if this was this was Donald Trump, he'd be impeached for the fifth time, right, and the Democrats will circle wagons and say nothing here, right, and nothing here? And when he was lying repeatedly droughout his whole presidency. Let the truth set you free. Can you just tell the truth. No, you gotta do sake. Secondly, I'm glad you brought that up. Okay, what about the Reds that you were down on? I told you to stay up. I told you they were going to sweep sweep Cleveland. And also Benson, my mother's sister's maiden name was Benson. Her name was dor We caught her aunt Dot Benson. I'm related somehow to Will Benson. Isn't that unbelievable? Andy Mack? Please continue, Will leave the stood reporters of proud service.
Speaker 8: Every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you could feel in northern Kentucky called Tom Reckton Heating and air Conditioning eight five nine two six' one eighty two sixty. Nine but that's, Right will with a Thrill benson with two home, Runs will he the and and The reds beat The, guardians sweeping The cleveland out the. Door first sweep Of cleveland AT gabp since twenty, twelve fourth win in a row twenty and twenty four now on the, season four and two in the Homestand benson belts a home run for his fourth game in a, row about five in the last four.
Speaker 1: Games bring them. Up Andrew abbatt tossed a five shutout, innings keep him, up and then the. Bullpen how about? THAT i be kicking you know? What talking nasty. Boys they're the nasty.
Speaker 8: Boys Emilio pagan gets his essay for a third straight day About may probably can't open hold his arm.
Speaker 1: Up, well you're gonna have to get some other. Closes you need to have like a fourteen to nothing score. Tonight and then what About Brett soui or the man Of? Bowler pretty, Good red's bullpen against the Tro well counts a. Tribe The guardians don't.
Speaker 8: Seven seventeen, innings, pitched nine, strikeouts one, walk one point seven to SIX, era and they're a good team over ge? Weekend aren't they a good? TEAM i would say? So then this weekend in town are The?
Speaker 1: Cubs? Yeah your response to? That bring them On.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati now one went away from that first trophy of the, year The Ohio Cup.
Speaker 1: Bingo they're on first time twenty.
Speaker 8: Fourteen now they got they're In Cleveland june ninth through the, eleventh one, win they get their first trophy of the. Year In october they'll get their. Second how about that? Segment reds are in The pittsburgh. Tonight willie right there with The monongahela And alleghen and he come together.
Speaker 4: With with The.
Speaker 8: Ohio can you just Found? Monogahila no go, Ahead pirates And. Pittsburgh it'll be A nick look up Against Mitch. Keller what About Hunter? Green coverage begins at five Forty sports DOC Rnl Carriers Inside pitch and Then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning show after the. Game, now The pirates are fifteen and thirty. Two they were just swept over the weekend by The.
Speaker 1: Phillies in, fact yesterday they had their Star Olivia dunn's boyfriend going. Well The reds miss him. Again that's two series in a row they've missed a big. Scheme he lost one.
Speaker 8: Zip, Also, willie let's see you mentioned The Hunter. Green he threw a bullpen. SESSION i believe it Was. Saturday let's hear it felt. Good looks like another bullpen session coming up In pittsburgh and then probably out on a rehab assignment To losville and then.
Speaker 1: Back so maybe this weekend against The cubbies at, home it could.
Speaker 4: Be let's.
Speaker 8: See we also want to say congrats to in football, courts The Baden, rams The lady of the twenty twenty Five ohio flag Football state. Champs then they Beat Scott rodgers and n, yep but they they win the title over will it Be south forty to? Sixteen hopefully as some of the ladies in On? Friday does there give them their just? Do is there female high school football? Players, well it's flag. Football, yeah they don't, Tackle, no. Don't they don't play the game like you know in the W. Nba WHEN i Saw Angel reithe throwing players around that there's no.
Speaker 1: Call but Then Caitlin clark it's the end of, yeah end of.
Speaker 8: It, yeah don't they don't the W nba realize that if they don't Have Caitlin clark, done they're on a.
Speaker 1: Bus they're. Done they're on a bus From chicago to win A. Mucca they're.
Speaker 8: Done, yeah she got the higher pay jets and everything, else you know for the leave number twenty two.
Speaker 1: Alone That's Elgin. Baylor by the, way and by the, way seg Does Santax High school have flag? FOOTBALL i Think rocky might have played flag? Football is that?
Speaker 4: RIGHT i don't know if they do or. NOT i don't.
Speaker 8: Know softball, news congrats To williamsburg Coach Rick, healy remember? Him we went out there to, uh uh play that? Won uh the lady pitcher that we hit the ball. Off BUT i did hit the ball. Yep williams for the tenth time and less for the tenth time in eleven. Years Coach healy is the SP Aac National Division coach of The. Year he deserves. It xavier's got a commitment From North dakota Transfer Meyer.
Speaker 1: Pennedom huh a.
Speaker 8: Six six foot two guard any, PLAY i guess The Bengals bengals update, well he brought to you by good spirits at Party town with thirteen locations in Northern. Kentucky bengals are taking a look at some veteran hell for THE d. LINE espn says defensive tackled To Martavius.
Speaker 1: Adams Martavius adams visiting with The bengals today has been With pittsburgh since twenty. Twelve sign. Him we need some stopper in the. Middle do you help correct get it? Done Roberts swartzman at A Tel, Aviv.
Speaker 8: Israel the first rookie in forty three years will be on the poll For Sundays indianapolis five. Hundred he's the first rookie polesitter Since Tale fabbi and The Skull bandit special.
Speaker 1: In tale nineteen eighty? Three wasn't he a male? Model? Fabio was that? Family so many? Different that was the.
Speaker 8: First YEAR i went To indianapolis in nineteen eighty. Three how many races have you?
Speaker 4: Missed not?
Speaker 8: Many Takuma sato will start, second a two time WINNER Pado.
Speaker 3: Award.
Speaker 8: Third Christopher bell won a million dollars last, night Passing Joey logano with nine to go to win THE nascar race in The All Star race, There what About Scotty. Scheffler how About Scottie? Scheffler they, said, Well thursday And, FRIDAY i don't. Know he was like eight shots back Of. Vegas he's in, trouble not, playing ends up at eleven underd par a five shot winner the day yesterday in THE Pga. Championship he doesn't have his good stuff and he still, wins unbelieve when he has his good.
Speaker 1: Stuff see you.
Speaker 8: Want to Be and then also for some of these what was that that he played for The Wannamaker trophy? Yesterday, okay why don't they attach the top of? It i'm thinking so when he picks it, up it doesn't like hit him in the, head hit him, out put something here in the.
Speaker 1: Whole, yeah, hinge how about? That they don't do. That trophy's only what about a thousand years Old wait you say it weighs seventy two. Pounds, well and what happens if that hits him in the, head he'll be? Out? Yeah one two, three pap?
Speaker 8: Out, Also, Willie we want to say That United Dairy Farmers Big Red Machine Reds collector's cups are available now celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of The Big Red machine fifty years.
Speaker 1: Ago fifty Years Pete roses a.
Speaker 8: Collectible cup available starting this week at all you only AT udf.
Speaker 1: Stores one in, doubt weel am.
Speaker 8: Out they're gonna also Have they're gonna have all Eight Great Morgan Foster perez The greade Eight Concepcion Senior bench In.
Speaker 1: Geronimo we celebrate the past better than anyone in. History one in doubt will about once, again can we have something today that in fifty years the youth will now celebrate fifty years from now the greatness of the twenty twenty Five reds like in nineteen seventy. Five one in, doubt wheel am? Out how about now doing. Something so in fifty years from, now you AND i may not be. Here in twenty seventy, five they'll be, saying one in doubt weel am.
Speaker 8: Out that means that it'll Be elie de La, Cruz Will, Benson Tito, Francona, McLean, Stevenson. Stevens it will probably be At we hold Sixty freedol friedel And Rick.
Speaker 1: Stowe Rick stoe get them. All one in doubt weel am, out because we do that better than. Anyone would you agree that's for an. Expert it's celebrating the.
Speaker 8: Past, WELL i THINK i think they're going to celebrate. THAT i think The reds and we got to in a future, promotion are going to celebrate the fiftieth anniversion half.
Speaker 1: The when's That? JUNE i Guess, june, yes and then we're going to be at The Bristol Motor speedway the second Of august Of august got to bring him, out and then next year you got seventy Six reds celebrate fifty years later in twenty twenty, six one in doubt wheel them. Out we're going to celebrate that nineteen NINETY i guess in thirty years and twenty forty years in twenty thirty, one in, doubt wheel them. Out Got, larkin Got, rio Got, benziger got. O'Neill you know What i'm, Saying Got Sabo, oliver you Got jose blaming On, Rio Dana, jackson you got number the great number of thirty, Two Tom, browning wheel them all. Out how about doing something today that in forty or fifty years that we're going to have celebration when young listeners are old and you AND i are in the. Ground, correct good idea or, Not we'll see what. HAPPENS i don't. Know, well we're having to celebrate something in what thirty five? Years is it? Time it's been a, while thirty five?
Speaker 8: Years, well maybe let's see The bengels will get in The Super bowl by then win it. All maybe The reds will be At World stare, again and THEN Fc cincinnati with THE Mls.
Speaker 1: Cup what About xavier winning all of The big show and you see winning in college? Football, now wouldn't that be something in the same. Year this would be the city of. Champions it was The reds used to have the highest payroll in baseball right, now.
Speaker 4: Well they got to do.
Speaker 1: THAT i, mean don't get me started on. That, well ALL i can, say how do you pay somebody for four hundred million dollars payroll every? Year and how About Sosa soto is getting what wan soa seven sixty five? Exactly say get me out of the studge. Reports coming up after two o'clock today is the GREAT Us Congressman Warren davidson about the deal deal In washington that isn't much of a deal at, all a deal deal Segment.
Speaker 8: Willie on This, Monday may the, nineteenth we say happy birthday to the one and Only TUCKER.
Speaker 1: Bb And fiona's daddy is twenty two years.
Speaker 2: Old.
Speaker 1: TODAY i got a text from the Wild Man hooker The. Hippo that's some from the Wild. Man that's mister honor raising how many times he's been in the five. Hundred i've been fourteen. Times there's that number. Again he hates. Life that's from the Wild man to. You what do you even mention? Irrelevance just saying give me out of the stud'es.
Speaker 8: Report we leave you with the immortal words of The stooge. Report, Hucker tucker's, Him he's. Unhappy seven HUNDRED wlw By Billy cunning in The Grandon.
Speaker 1: Maryon of, course we offer sympathies to The biden family for the announcement that he's contracted stage four prostate, cancer which is A, uh which is difficult diagnosis in your. EIGHTIES i can't imagine. WHY i like to know politically and culturally and also medically what's happened the past several. Years most of us older guys tend to have these exams on a regular, Basis so maybe it was, missed maybe it wasn't, missed but it's a caution to us all to make sure we have PSA's done and also drees which are uncomfortable digital rectal, exams and have other blood tests. DONE i would assume that Ex President Joe biden had that done WITHOUT, uh without depicting it until. Recently and we'll see what happens down the. Road but joining us now Is Warren, Davidson, congressman one of the leaders of THE uh of The house Of, representatives And Rismond. Davidson welcome again to The Bill Cunningham. Show AND i, First i'm sure you joined me in offering help and sympathies to The abiden family for this.
Speaker 9: Diagnosis, yeah it's wonderful to join, You, Bill and it is tragic to hear About Joe. Biden an he won't stage four. Cancer that's a tough diagnosis at any. Age and, certainly you, know just, knowing you, Know Joe biden didn't seem to be in great health as he was, president and frankly as he was in his waning days as. President and this is obviously tough news for even a guy THAT i didn't particularly care.
Speaker 1: FOR i certainly wouldn't want him stuff not like. That, no politics is one, thing health is. Another and hope he lives a long and productive life and post. Presidency in, FACT i wish he never had become the, president but that's a different. Issue BUT i wish him and his family well in the. Future but, nonetheless there's a sense now that The Budget committee is going to pass out and the legislation onto The Rules, committee which is going to happen On. WEDNESDAY i could ask you what took so? Long there were four or five originally voted. No now THAT i, understand the vote's going to be. Yes but the big thing's going to be The Rules committee On, wednesday and then The house will VOTE i guess later on in the month Of, may because you're looking forward To Memorial. Day can you tell us you don't know yet how you're going to. VOTE i would, assume because you have to see the final. Package but one thing that's upset many real conservatives is borrowing another four trillion. Dollars moody's just downgraded On. Friday THE us dead again after, downgrading AND i think in twenty eleven it went down. Again that's a bad. Sign and the four trillion dollars of new money being, borrowed Isn't that's a tough pill for many to, swallow Including Representative roy In. Texas but, nonetheless do you have confidence that sometime later this month the big beautiful bill is going to pass or?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 4: YEAH i, mean great. Questions it's been top of mind for a long. Time you.
Speaker 9: Know WHEN i was home Over easter, break everyone was, like, yeah, well it's good to see, you but where's the?
Speaker 4: Bill you, know people have been waiting for this. Thing it's been.
Speaker 9: Promised because you put so much of The president's agenda into this one big. BILL i will Say, FRIDAY i was thanking the four guys who voted, no because it.
Speaker 4: Really does need to get.
Speaker 9: BETTER i, mean you wonder, like, well why would you guys need to raise the dent? Ceiling, well if you cut taxes and increase, spending well you're gonna have to raise the dent. Ceiling it seems like really basic, math, right you get less revenue and you get more. Spending of course there's gonna be. Debt and that's basically what The big bill did On. Friday when they were looking at it On, friday it, said, well we're gonna cut. Taxes we're gonna do that right, away and then we're gonna get around to cutting. Spending, well, like how far out are you gonna cut? Spending, well, like the future congresses are gonna cut. Spending but see what we're gonna do is we're gonna spend a little. More and you're, like, WELL i, mean it's better to promise that some future congress is going to cut spending than not. To but, frankly we can't even guarantee who's going to be in a Future, congress let alone that they're going to follow through and deliver the actual.
Speaker 4: Cuts what we can control is what we're voting on right.
Speaker 9: Now and so you, know my understanding is that there's been enough commitments made that it is going to wind up in a better, place you.
Speaker 4: Know but by the time it goes To Rules committee On. Wednesday and so my hope is it's SOMETHING i can vote.
Speaker 9: For but if it's if who thinks that the president promised to deliver more?
Speaker 4: SPENDING i.
Speaker 9: DIDN'T i, MEAN i think the whole point Of doge is we're going to cut. Spending SO i think that's the question is if this isn't all the, cuts where are the? Cuts and that's a QUESTION i think not just members Of congress one, answered our constituents one. Answered and they're going to be mad at us if we vote for, it if they don't get good. Answers they want less.
Speaker 1: Government and if we had the same level of federal spending as in the year of twenty, twenty, now twenty twenty wasn't exactly the Dark. Ages if we have the same federal spence as we had in twenty, twenty we'd have a balanced budget right. Now but the explosion should have a.
Speaker 4: Surplus, yeah we'd have a.
Speaker 1: Surplus explain that to The american.
Speaker 9: People, well, look prior TO, covid you, know we were spending the year prior TO, covid we spend like four point six four point eight trillion dollars right, well right now we have over five trillion in. Revenue it wasn't like we had a small government back. Then but what's happened is they've loaded not not just like the one time spending ON, covid but structurally just higher levels on everything that have. Increased and you, know a lot of this came through with the you, Know Biden. Plan they put all these reforms in that grew spending and accelerated the growth, rate and all that government money going into the, economy it helped drive. Inflation and when you spend more money than you have and you pour it into the, economy it causes. Inflation and that is is a. Tax you think about your value of your. House if you own a, house think of the value of your. House and if you don't own, one in your, renting you, think, well my rent went.
Speaker 4: Up by this. MUCH i know the value of the Property i'm, saying and surely went up.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 9: WELL i think If congress passed a tax of that kind of, price or your food when you go, out or you, know you think five dollars foot longs are like twelve dollars right. NOW i think if we put a five dollars tax on foot longs that, subway people would be, like, oh you guys got to. Go but that's what happens with. Inflation you spend too much, money it's effectively a.
Speaker 4: Tax it shows up. Somewhere we're going to. Have the only remedy for that is to spend less.
Speaker 1: Money, well when you bring you, know kind of a numbers, guy twenty, twenty we spent about four point seven. Trillion today we're bringing in a little over five trillion, dollars AND i guess it's impossible to go back to twenty twenty spending levels or twenty twenty. One you can't go. Back the more money you, spend it's never. Cut AND i THINK i related this to you, Before Congressman Warren, davidson THAT i have a sense that the constituency group around more government spending are so strong that it is difficult for anyone to not cut the rate of the, increase but actually to hold the budget to where it, is Or god, forbid cut. Spending there's too many constituency groups ready to cry foul and have the media trumpet their cause that it can't be. Done And i'm a little bit i, wan it's a disappointed With Elon, musk and it has only BEEN i guess four, months but nonetheless he's kind of fading. Away the one trillion, dollars the two trillion dollars and cuts over ten years seemingly is down to about one hundred and seventy five, billion which is. Fine it's pennies on the. Dollar it's better than. Nothing BUT i don't see a significant cut to federal, spending not the rate of growth of federal, spending but an idea, That, okay we spent this much money in the year twenty twenty, one and we have revenues today to equal without. Spending why can't you, say, okay in twenty twenty, five twenty twenty, six we're going to bring it over five trillion. Dollars that is the level of federal. Spend what's just similar in twenty twenty one or twenty twenty. Two why Can't congress do?
Speaker 9: That you, know this is exactly the thing that people don't understand because they would do this in their own. HOUSEHOLD i, mean if you, think, like would it be possible to live on five percent? Less most people would say, yes, yeah most people would, say, well it'd be, tough BUT i could do ten. Percent but they could look at the government and, say, well probably needs to be shrunk by at least twenty. Percent you, know probably at least twenty. Percent and that's WHAT i did a sort of social media somewhat unscientific. Poll but, hey the people that Follow Warren davidson ON ax At Warren, davidson they'll follow it out there and, say, hey here's what we. Think and overwhelmingly people, thought, well the government should shrink by twenty. Percent the next biggest block was ten, percent and the next blocks was plus. Five almost everyone knows it needs to shrink some BUT i guess there's people, that you, know everybody left the center wants more. Government but if you, look the most aggressive plan that The house has proposed doesn't even cut spending by two. Percent and the reality is this big bill that we're voting on supposedly this, week unless they improve, it doesn't actually cut. Spending This congress doesn't cut it at. All it actually grows. Spending This congress until so well until twenty twenty, nine and in twenty twenty, nine and it starts to go, down which is After trump's. President it's not even in this, congress it's not even in this. Presidency it's out in some future, congress in future. Presidency so again those are hollow. Promises you, KNOW i hope future congresses and you do. That but the way to do that is you set the example and we spend less money and you hope it catches on in future. Congresses go, oh you, know those guys campaigned on less spending and then they went and did it and people liked.
Speaker 4: It so they elected.
Speaker 9: THEM i fear what's going to happen is we campaigned on less, spending we launched those everybody finds out you've been spending.
Speaker 4: My money on, what and then you don't do, it and they're going to be why WOULD i vote for?
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 9: Clowns you're not doing any of this, stuff even like work. Requirements you, know that was bipartisan back When Bill clinton was. President Barack obama.
Speaker 4: And crew turned it off in eight or. Nine we haven't been able to turn it back.
Speaker 9: On and, look EVERYBODY i know would help a friend in, need but you wouldn't say if you were helping a friend in need out right now that, well look as long as you get a job by twenty twenty, Nine i'm going to keep helping. You no one's that, generous, right you'd be, like hey, man you're going to get a, job, RIGHT i, mean i'll help you for a little. Bit but if you're an able bodied, adult you don't have depend on kids at, home people are going to expect you to, work and they. Should and that kind of an expectation doesn't affect working. Poor it doesn't affect people with disabilities or anything. Else we're not talking about taking stuff away from you, know kids on you, know food. Stamps we're talking about able bodied adults with no kids at.
Speaker 4: Home and they don't want to turn that on until twenty twenty? Nine are you kidding? Me and they got to fix that in the.
Speaker 1: Bill, well what chance do we. HAVE i, mean we did this and all the dough stuff with the chain. Saws IT'S i, thought, okay we're gonna have a five hundred billion to a one trillion dollar. CUT i watched THE gao in The congress say every year there's between three hundred and five hundred billion dollars in, waste fraud and. Abuse we know it's. There we can't find. It and now we Have Donald trump saying the same thing as conservatives like you and The, congress but we can't do. It in, fact you're gonna get no votes in The senate for any of. This The democrats are like a. Pack they're like a pack of. Dogs they followed the. Leader cats tend to roam. Everywhere that's what's. Happening and so if we don't do it now with this president and This, congress when will it ever?
Speaker 4: Happen, well supposedly in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Nine TAKE.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that that's the magic according to.
Speaker 1: The, Bill and you're right to be.
Speaker 4: Skeptical and that's WHY i, say you, know.
Speaker 9: Kudos look how rare is it for The Wall Street journal to, say, well the real problem is the moderate it's not the, conservatives, RIGHT i, Mean Wall Street journal is usually ready to throw conservatis under the bus in a. Heartbeat but even The Wall street journals, like, well really the issues the. Moderates they had a good op ed out over the. Weekend through it out, there AND i was kind of surprised because usually The Wall Street journal doesn't run interference for. Concertos, no they're ready to, say you, know let's find common ground as here in the, center and that's really where The Wall street, is you. Know BUT i think they're looking at it, going, yeah these are, reasonable these are reasonable cuts that we're talking about. Here we're not talking about yeah draconian, slash no hacksaw chainsaw to the. Government they're minor tweaks and it.
Speaker 1: Kent' and you're telling me there's gonna be some minor tweaks and later this week or next week it's going to be. Passed it'll go to The. Senate god knows what will happen. THERE i kind of began losing faith a few weeks ago when they're reading stories About Elon. MUSK i kind of watch all of his devotees on With Jesse, waters. Etc doing a great. Job but when rubber hits the, road why can't we spend as much federally as we spent in the year twenty twenty. One why can't we say twenty twenty one is the, benchmark and if we did, that then the tax revenues generated would equal the. Budget we have a balanced budget. Immediately why can't we do?
Speaker 9: That, YEAH i mean that would be like a ten percent. Cut if you think about. It people think that's very, reasonable And i'm looking at it. Going, MAN i thought a two percent cut wasn't very, ambitious but we're talking about not even a.
Speaker 4: Cut it's just a promise of future.
Speaker 9: Cuts and you, KNOW i think really to get robust, support not just from members of The, house members of The, senate but the, PUBLIC i think you got to actually cut, spending you, KNOW i.
Speaker 4: Think that's where we need to. GO i, mean the bill is not going to be the bill is not going to be.
Speaker 9: Beautiful it might be, okay but it's certainly going to beautiful if we don't cut.
Speaker 1: Spending does the bill eliminate payroll income taxes on, overtime Social security and? Tips or don't we know? Yet depending up on what happens in The, senate what about Social, well.
Speaker 9: The final will be you, know The senate bill has to ultimately match The. House we have to agree before we can get it to The president's. Desk but the Current house bill does eliminate taxes on, tips that eliminates tax on, overtime and it gives a four thousand dollars credit.
Speaker 4: For Social security eligible. People and the.
Speaker 9: Reason it doesn't completely eliminate tax on Social. Security there's almost nobody that gets more than you, know that much money In Social security to where the four thousand dollar credit wouldn't cover The Social security.
Speaker 4: Taxes and that's the.
Speaker 9: Goal but there's a lot of people that are On Social security that have income from other, source like they have mental properties or some.
Speaker 4: Investments and then.
Speaker 9: Pointed out there or talk show host or congress or the, yeah they're running they're running a great.
Speaker 1: Treads, yeah and so the four thousand, DOLLARS i think they every Soci security checks about eighteen. Hundred that's about twenty two to twenty two. Thousands so the tax on that's about four. Thousand AND i get.
Speaker 4: THAT i get.
Speaker 1: That, well we got to Run. Congressman i'm, disappointed of, Course i'm waiting to be. DISAPPOINTED i didn't think the system would All trump to do what he wants to, do and the system won't Allow Warren davidson to do what you would want to. Do the system eats people up In washington and spits them. Out AND i think this is one more occasion that's going. On AM i?
Speaker 4: Wrong we'll stay the. Course we haven't lost it.
Speaker 9: Yet when we're fighting to save this thing we got to get it across the finish, line and you know it's worth the. FIGHT i, mean this is a big. Effort but in the fate of the country's in balance here we got to save the. Country we can't do.
Speaker 1: It we can't have thirty seven honest way to fifty trillion dollars and national. Debt we can't. Survive and the media doesn't report on that. Fact they're very myopic looking at next week and grandmother being pitched off a cliff or or some pregnant woman not getting food. Stamps the big issue is we owe thirty seven trillion, dollars had A moody's, downgrade which means borrowing money's gonna get more. Expensive we're gonna borrow again this, year what two trillion? Dollars is that?
Speaker 6: About?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, roughly that's about, right.
Speaker 1: Yep and next year we're going to borrow two. Trillion.
Speaker 4: Yeah and here's the other one that people don't talk. About that's new.
Speaker 9: Borrowing the reality is you have, maturity so we're going to refinance around eight trillion dollars kind of higher.
Speaker 4: Rate when When when when old?
Speaker 9: Debt, yeah so old debt that we were financing back with interest rates were, like you, know half a, percent one, percent we're refinancing at you, know four and a half, percent and so it's getting more extensive.
Speaker 1: Fast War Warren davidson once, Again, congressman thanks for coming on The Bill Cunningham. SHOW i don't know what's going to happen later this month is going to be. WILD i suspect strongly that the best intentions will be chewed up by The washington. Establishment, Congressman Warren, davidson soldier and, congressman thanks for coming on The Bill Cunningham. Show thank, You.
Speaker 4: Warren, yeah always it.
Speaker 1: Honor god bless you and your. Listeners god Bless. America let's continue with. More The road To hell is paid with great. Intentions Bill cunningham on seven HUNDRED. Wlw trump's modern.
Speaker 10: Dagas Scopo deescopo is scooping folks up off the. Streets they're an, unmarked wearing masks being shipped off to foreign torture, dungeons no, chance comount of, defense not even a chance to kiss the love one, goodbye just grabbed up by mass, agents shoved into those vans and.
Speaker 7: Disappeared he, Quiet i'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Segment that is the governor of the state Of, minnesota The democratic choice for vice president with Cackling Kamala, harris who just said in a commencement address that federal law enforcement is like The, gestapo The. Nazis he called federal law Enforcement. Gestapo that is the man who was a heartbeat away from the. Presidency if your choice Of kamala Cackling Kamala harris had won Over Donald, trump that's the guy who would be the vice. President Cackling kamala's choice, Comment i'm a knucklehead at. Times sure are he's a? Clown that that includes, those by the, way looking to my. LEFT Us Supreme court just approved venezuelans being shipped out forthwith when here illegally who commit? Crimes are those who do that get The venezuelans out of here that are? Criminals are they like The? Nazis Segment Tim waltz, says, yes that man's not thinking, right.
Speaker 8: No, Kidding go, ahead will he the stood reporters approud service of your Local Tame Star heating and Air conditioning Dealers Temestar paula you could field in beautiful Southeastern indiana Called Joe eckstein At eckstein heating and cooling at, eight, one, two, nine three to two twenty twenty six Starts red's look for that fifth winning a road, Tonight will you opening up at three game series up against The pirates In Pittsburgh nicolodolo And Mitch keller seven out of ww's coverage five Forty Sports, TALK R Nol, Carriers Inside, Pitch Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning show after the Game reds win yesterday three to.
Speaker 1: One Will benson home four?
Speaker 8: Times he's homered in four straight games five and the last four first weep Of cleveland At Great american Ball park since twenty, twelve four straight win twenty and twenty. Four now as they go on the road for three, straight they're Off, thursday and then The cubs come to town this coming.
Speaker 1: Weekend you know a Segment my mother's sister was Named. Benson, yeah her name Was. Dorothy we called her Aunt Dot. Benson is That benson related To Will? Benson could? Be let's check it. Out Congratslate baiton Rams.
Speaker 8: Willy those ladies are the twenty twenty Five Ohio flag football state, champions Downing Willoughby south in the final forty to. Sixteen how about that let's. See good luck to The Cincinnati. Bearcats they played college in The big Twelve attorney On. Wednesday let's see all And Carrington cross are The bearcats semi finalists for The Golden Spikes award as the college baseball player in the.
Speaker 1: Nation can you get The Baden rams in? Here the flag football who Beat, Mountain Notre, dame The school Of Scott Scotti. Rodgers can you get him in here On? Friday looks like they're coming In. Friday are they bringing the? Trophy?
Speaker 2: Yes go.
Speaker 8: AHEAD nku will Play thursday in The Horizon League Tournament Big East tourney At Prasco. Park xavier up against yukon six thirty On wednesday.
Speaker 1: Night MAYBE i should go pitch a little batting practice of The xavier boys to see if they can Hit.
Speaker 8: Miami The Komac champs Play thursday at two in The Imaca Baseball attorney and then tomorrow dating up Against George mason and The Atlantic Ten.
Speaker 1: Tourney how about?
Speaker 4: That there you go right?
Speaker 1: There so and then of Course.
Speaker 8: Bengals update brought to you by your good spirits And Party town thirteen convenient locations in Northern. KENTUCKY espn says that defensive Tackle Montavious adams visiting The bengals. Today twenty nine year old has been With pittsburgh since twenty twenty or twenty twenty. One how about that veine know for the defensive. Line he's appeared in eleven games signed last, season fourteen total tackles in a.
Speaker 1: Sack sign, Him that's WHAT i.
Speaker 8: Say sign him up at Ed Scottie, scheffler, unbeatable, untied unscored ON Pga Champion championship at eleven under par a five shot winner In.
Speaker 1: Charlotte say we have a breakdown coming up with The pirates and The cubs of The moeger.
Speaker 8: Segment get me out of the student's, Report willie and utter of a beautiful day here in The Tri. State we leave you with the immortal words of the stud. Report appreciate. It catch you on the flip.
Speaker 2: Side we go.
Speaker 1: By That's Jeff brantley right, there cowboy on news radio seven HUNDRED. Wlw I'm bill cunning in The Great ark and getting ready For Reds baseball about five forty tonight In. Pittsburg and they swept The pirates the last. Time see what happens today? Tomorrow and Then Wednesday Business. Special joining you AND i now is the great Mo. Egger, Moegger welcome again to The Bill Cunningham show and Mo. CALL a couple of weeks, AGO i said to YOU i had an aunt Named Rita benson that somehow that was a key that Possibly Will benson should be called up to help the club get over the. Hump do you recall that.
Speaker 2: Conversation you haven't had me on your show in like two, Months so whoever you said that to it wouldn't. Be But i'm thrilled That Will benson is here up and producing at the level that he.
Speaker 1: Has why BECAUSE i listened to some of your compatriots about how young players aren't being, developed that somehow McClain's not doing what he should be. Doing let's face, It ellie's having a little bit of a rough patch right, here and the young players are not. DEVELOPING i don't know Where cees. Is he's still in rehab somewhere AND i don't. Know But Will benson was one of the starlets in the minor. Leagues he wasn't being. Developed now he's. Developed why Is Will benson? Developed, well maybe The white bauld came on for.
Speaker 2: Him you, know he's had an interesting. Career pass came to The reds from The Cleveland. Gardians and if you remember two years ago when there was this steady stream of guys who in the middle of the season got to the big leagues and started to have almost an instant impact on the, Team Will benson was one of. Them in, fact if you, Remember Will benson hit the walk off home run in what Was elie de La cruz's second, Game and so in twenty twenty, three you looked at him and, thought this guy could solve their long standing problem with finding a right. Fielder this is a guy who could be a. Cornerstone and then unfortunately last year he just simply wasn't very. Good he was kind of a strikeout. Machine he was absolutely useless against, lefties not all that much more productive against right handed. Pitchers and then so you kind of had a sense he was going to face an uphill battle to make the team in spring. Training he went to spring, training didn't make the. Team but here's WHAT i like About Will. Benson his, attitude by all, accounts has always. Awesome if you recall earlier this, YEAR i don't recall who got, hurt But Will benson got called up for a, day went zero for four and they sent him right back. Down. Yep now when you get sat, down you have three days to. Report Will benson went To louisville immediately and was in the line up the next, night put up very good numbers of TRIPLE. A it was a matter of time before he got his. Chance and then the question was when he does get a, chance does he take advantage of? It and so, far fortunately for, him really fortunately for The, reds the answer has been.
Speaker 1: Yes and the starting pitching has been. Great Hunter green's coming back in the next couple of. Days the bullpen is set. Up we had bullpen. DIFFICULTIES i thought the bullpen Against cleveland a good. Team they were a. TEAM i thought if The reds could win two out of, three that'd be a good. Thing they just dominated The guardians, completely Making FRANCONA i, think very. Happy and now we have the starting pitching is about the best in. Baseball Is Will? Benson like in pro wrestling The Missing. Link you might recall the wrestlers named The Missing. Link he was like half orangutang and half. Human Is Will benson the Missing link from The Red glory that lies.
Speaker 4: Ahead, well we'll.
Speaker 2: SEE i certainly can understand if there's some hesitancy to think that this is going to, stick Because will's had sort of a up and down major league, existence but they badly needed somebody offensively to step up. Big he certainly. Has but you mentioned two things that are. Key Number one for them to win that game they did On, saturday Starting Brent sodor and using a bullpen game is pretty. Remarkable Number, two in the, bullpen This luis may kid has been more than a. Revelation black guy certainly looks like he could be a big part of what they're going to be from a relief course, standpoint and it does feel as if they have dodged a bullet With Hunter. Green he pitched in a bullpen on The Major league man yesterday AT gavp through thirty five. Pitches feels like his return is. Imminent starting pitching has been. Terrific Andrew abbott really teetered on the brink of the first inning yesterday where you kind of felt like the game is maybe a pitch, away a pitcher two away from getting away from. Him, instead he gets out of the first, inning proceeds to be outstanding the reason why this team is probably going to stay at least with an arms length the first place is the. Pitching and the reason why maybe they're not going to get over the hump is, offensively they're a below average. Team so it goes to show a guy Like Will benson there was room for him to make an. Impact has now he needs some of his teammates to follow it.
Speaker 1: Time and of course this coming up, Weekend Memorrow day weekend with The cubs in, town that's going to be bigger Than. Montana if they come out Of pittsburgh with two out of, three come home and beat up on The, cubs The reds may march to glory the first place and. Beyond AND i feel as if my speech on Opening day is going to have some. Sustenance Now i've had concerns a week, ago not. ANYMORE i think they're twenty four and twenty, four they're at five, hundred they're ready to. March this weekend series is, big, big. Big i've not had you. On CAN i get a ward or two from you On Pete rose and what Happened Pete? Rose Pete, Rose Pete, Rose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure let's talk About Pete no.
Speaker 1: Problem what about. It happy? Good do you agree with? Me the odds him getting in The hall Of fame are almost non. Existent, nonetheless because of the make up the so Called era Of Veterans, COMMITTEE.
Speaker 2: I think he faces a more uphill battle than we would like to. ADMIT i think he faces a more uphill battle THAN i think people wanted to acknowledge On wednesday. NIGHT i think chances are greater than. Zero you, know number, one we don't know what the makeup of the group that's going to be voting on him In december of twenty twenty seven is going to. Be but here's WHAT i do. Know there is maybe no more divisive figure over the course of the last thirty five years In Major League baseball Than Pete. Rose and so in order for him to get voted, in twelve of the sixteen people who vote are going to have to sign off On Pete. ROSE i think you're going to have a hard time achieving that. NUMBER i certainly think there will be people who vote for, Him but for somebody for whom it feels like just The american population is split on fifty to, FIFTY i have a hard time believing that you're going to find seventy five percent of any group that's going to sign off On pete being in The hall Of. Fame and SO i think it's going to be really interesting to see what. HAPPENS i think it's going to be really interesting to see what happens With Shulis Joe. Jackson but you, Know willie AND i think you talked about this a little bit last. WEEK i hate the idea of A hall Of fame induction ceremony happening without the person being. Inducted you, KNOW i Heard Tom brennan in the other morning talk About Ron santo last. WEEK i remember that induction. Ceremony Barry larkin got in that. Year Ron santo's widow gave a very moving, speech but that wasn't a, celebration that was a. EULOGY i Remember Ken riley a couple of years ago In canton beat the Legendary bengals. Corner he finally got to The pro football his son gave a very, eloquent moving, speech felt like. Eulogy didn't feel like a. Celebration and SO i Know pete's family is really excited and grateful For Rob manford and relieved that at least Major league baseball is. Done it's party by lifting the, band by taking him off the permanently an eligible. List But i'm really curious as to what A hall Of fame induction ceremony For Pete rose Without Pete rose there would feel LIKE i certainly share your skepticism that it's going to, Happen but if it, DOES i think it still happens against the backdrop of what, if of what If pete would have been given this opportunity while he was still?
Speaker 1: Alive kind of worthless after your. DEAD i Like Marty brenneman's. Approach it's up to The rose, family up To fawn And pete And, tie. Etc but to, Say, okay we're going to go To cooperstown and Celebrate Pete rose Without Pete rose being, there to make them a boatload of, MONEY i don't get. It And pete said, REPEATEDLY i don't care Once i'm dead WHETHER i get in The hall Of fame or. Not but if the family wants, it so be. It but the whole chapter you think it's, over fools just, Begun And i'm, THINKING i don't know what to. Say but all, RIGHT, mo we got to. Run BUT i have hope and faith that Like i've not had before for this. Club it's coming together. Nicely and someone told me That Tito francona in his managerial, career has a much better record in the second half of the season in the first. Half and SO i anticipate The reds are going to march for glory and for some the judgment seat Of god and Mo edgar.
Speaker 2: Once you go, Ahead Mo, WELL i was gonna, say if you go back To wednesday night when they lost that game against The White, Sox I'm pete Rose nay, right second of consecutive losses against the bad. Team we're all kind of looking at.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 2: One, yes, boy this season is teetering on the brink. Again, right you can't get swept by The White. SOX a Good cleveland team comes to. Town this could get away from them before we get To Memorial. Day and now with fourth freight, wins you go To pittsburgh this. Week The pirates aren't very good at. All you're gonna Miss Paul, skeins The All star. Pitcher and then you get a chance over the next two weekends to play The Chicago cubs six. Times they've got a. Chance they've got a chance to make a dent this, week and they've got a chance to make their move over the course of the next two weekends against The.
Speaker 1: Cups, oh your one in, life mo is a, chance give me a chance at. Glory just give me a. Chance, oh thank you very. Much and you're a Great. American remember The Will Benson Rita benson. Connection my old dead, aunt her name Was. Benson just remember.
Speaker 2: That i'll go to ancestry dot com and see WHAT i can figure.
Speaker 1: Out figure. Out all, right thank. You let's continue with more. News next To jerome of The Red's News radio seven HUNDRED wlw