Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy. And before we get to today's show, just going to let you know that the JB and Sandy Hour is now from seven until eight o'clock Monday through Friday. That's seven until eight o'clock Monday through Friday. And don't forget you can use your smart speaker to listen. We've made it easier. All you have to do is say play one oh three to one Austin. Chris's got the story we love in just a moment, hoping you guys are geared up ready for the Super Bowl. You've got your ankles taped, got your wrist taped up, ready to ready to play.
Speaker 2: Just sent in the living room and watch it.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's a great day for sport fans this weekend because you got the Phoenix Open the golf tournament. Okay, and that ends like ten minutes before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Sho just rolls right into the next day.
Speaker 1: It's a great day to have a good couch, right Super Bowl Sunday, coming out stories.
Speaker 2: We love all right, So the price of eggs has not come down yet, hopefully it will. What's happening though, is because they haven't come down, restaurants are passing on the cost of the higher egg prices to you marking everything up. Here's what waffle House has decided to do. They announced that they've added a fifty cent surcharge for every egg they sell, just on the eggs. The searcharge wanted to effect on Monday. It's been applied to all menus from waffle House, is like nearly two thousand locations. They chose to do the search charge per egg rather than boosting prices across the menu because this is just temporary. The extra fee will go away when the price of eggs come down.
Speaker 1: Which is they're expecting this happen soon.
Speaker 2: Right. If they continue to go up, the fifty cent surcharge might go up, but it's not just across their menu. Is the point that they're trying to make. They did make a statement that said, we're continuously monitoring egg prices and we'll adjust to remove the searcharge as market conditions allow.
Speaker 1: Now, isn't this as the result of the death of like a million chickens because of the avian flu.
Speaker 2: Yes, they had to kill a lot of the birds because of the avian flu.
Speaker 1: So they just need to catch up on those missing chickens to get the price.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What you got here, friends, is supplying demand, right, Yeah, a very little, very little supply and a lot of demat right.
Speaker 2: And ps that bird flew outbreak in the US but came back in twenty twenty two. I didn't know that. I've only heard about it recently. But they've had a kilmber than one hundred and thirty five million birds because of it. That's scary, a terrible job, right.
Speaker 1: Bird exterminator, chicken exterminator.
Speaker 2: Right, And they got to be careful because I feel like there's like worry that it could jump to humans or whatever.
Speaker 1: Go with this again.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: Here we go with this jump into human stuff again anyway.
Speaker 2: Waffle House, they're doing what they can to keep it low. But I mean, if you want an egg and I love a WAFFLEU oh man, I do too. I've only been once in like the last thirty years when we took our daughter there. Stuff's good.
Speaker 1: It is just good old American breakfast.
Speaker 2: I know we got to do that again.
Speaker 1: Let's do it this weekend. Okay, all right, the hotly contested round of the feud our verse, the family feud. I don't feel like I need to explain to you people, how it works. People, you know what I mean. I don't need to explain. You guys are all smart. You know. The feud is played to play along with us. Tricia, let's play the feud. Of course. My questions just disappeared. Here we go, Tritian. Name of building where it always seems to be cold?
Speaker 2: Uh, doctor's office?
Speaker 1: Okay? Name something people do to their arm.
Speaker 2: Pitch shave them not everybody they should.
Speaker 1: Trician. Named something that might make you suspect your new house is haunted?
Speaker 2: Dude, weird sounds okay.
Speaker 1: Fourth question is name something that might be brewing coffee.
Speaker 2: We're just going to say a storm. Let me say coffee.
Speaker 1: Last question, name an occupation that begins with the letter.
Speaker 2: J jockey.
Speaker 1: Jockey huh?
Speaker 2: All right, I can't think of another one.
Speaker 1: Let's see how you did. Okay, how do you feel?
Speaker 2: I mean I feel, I mean I feel good. I don't feel great, but I feel kind of confident.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, sometimes that's better than I'm feeling confident at all. First question, Oh, my computer's going crazy on me. Bear with me. Friends. Here we go, Name a type of building where it always seems to be cold. CHRISA. Said the doctor's office. That's the number one answer. You're off to a good start. Forty four points. Forty four. Other answers given a hotel room, the dmb A classroom.
Speaker 2: And work almost said work.
Speaker 1: Next question, names something people do their armpits. Chrisia said, shaved them back to back. Number one, yes, sixty.
Speaker 2: Three, shut up sixty three.
Speaker 1: Other answers given sniff them, scratch them, yeah, make fart noises with them, put deodorant on them.
Speaker 2: Said that deodorant his last yeah, that was number two. Oh, okay, go fi got.
Speaker 1: Name something that you might make you suspect. Suspect your new house is haunted? Tricia said strange sounds number one, yeah, fifty.
Speaker 2: Points, Sandy, I can say, is dang?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ghosts was the answered, Doors, flickering lights and moving objects.
Speaker 2: Actually seeing a ghost would give you the idea that your house is wanted. Yes, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Next question, name something that might be brewing? Tricia said coffee, Yeah, number one answer thirty seven points. Other answers given number five with is a storm? Trouble? Number three was t Number two was beer.
Speaker 2: Almost said storm, glad I said coe.
Speaker 1: Trisa's going for the perfect game ladies and gentlemen with all number one answers very rare feat right, very very rare feet or final question, name and occupation begins with the letter J. Chris has said a jockey, yes, number four air good for four points. Other answers given a journalist, a jeweler, a judge, or justice, and the number one answer was a janitor.
Speaker 2: The only other j occupation I could think of was juggler.
Speaker 1: Juggler. How many points.
Speaker 2: One hundred ninety eight standing performance?
Speaker 1: Can I beat it? Well, we're gonna find out. Stay with us. Round two of the feud coming up. Wow, Tricia, you said a very high bar and you're round of the feud.
Speaker 2: I mean I first killed it in song quiz And now the few, today's my day, A lot of buy.
Speaker 1: A lot of Yeah? All right? Scored one hundred and ninety eight points. Four number one answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah and then and then a last answer.
Speaker 1: Let's see if I can beat her. Let's play the few?
Speaker 2: All right, Sandy, here we go. Question number one, Name an occasion for which you might wear your lucky underwear A date? A date? Okay? Question number two, name something you find in a breakfast buffet eggs, eggs. Question number three, if there was a store that only sold husbands, most people would try to buy one with what.
Speaker 1: A job?
Speaker 2: A husband with a job? Okay, I get that.
Speaker 1: I understand the question right. Yes, Like I could have said a beard, I could have said a job.
Speaker 2: You could have said any of those things. All right. Question number four, Name a professional sport where the players make a lot of money baseball? Baseball. Last question names something you'd do if the person sitting next to you on an airplane had boh, been there.
Speaker 1: Ask to be moved, move seats?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right? How you doing? How you feeling? What do you think?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna win?
Speaker 2: Confident? Oh you think you're gonna beat me?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna beat one hundred ninety eight points.
Speaker 2: Okay, get your calculated.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Question number one was name an occasion for which you might wear your lucky underwear. Sandy said a date. Number one answer, you can go thirty points thirty thirty Other answers lucky underwear for a job interview, all right, casino, gambling, sporting event, wedding nights. Okay, Valentine's Day was like six they give you a lot of answers here. Next question was name something you find in a breakfast buffet. Sandy said eggs another number one answer, twenty five points twenty five.
Speaker 1: You were getting like sixties.
Speaker 2: No, right, I got sixty three. I guess my answers were just better whatever. Eggs was number one, followed by bacon, sausage, potatoes. Basically, you get it anything you can think of for breakfast. The third question was if there was a store that only sold husbands, most people would try to buy one with what you said. You wanted to buy a husband with a job a number one answer twenty four points.
Speaker 1: I'm getting jiffed twenty four and I got three number ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many do you have?
Speaker 1: Nonsense seventy nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to get a lot more points to beat me. Other things people would buy husbands with personality, Yeah, with a warranty with heart. With the bank account, how is that the fifth most popular answer?
Speaker 1: You'd be amazed. How many people on a bank accounts?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fourth question, name a professional sport where the players make a lot of money. Sandy said baseball. That's the number two answer for twenty seven points.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm getting ripped off.
Speaker 2: The number one answer Sandy was football, football, basketball, so tennis and darts was in there.
Speaker 1: One hundred and six points, all right, so you need ninety two to tie. Okay, I got three number ones and I got this is nonsense.
Speaker 2: This fifth question, name something you'd do if the person sitting next to on an airplane had the body odor, Sandy said, change seats number one answer thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Points, ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Thirty what thirty nine?
Speaker 1: That's stupid. One hundred and forty five and I got four number ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I had one hundred, one hundred and ninety eight and I got four number ones too.
Speaker 1: Dumb.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm getting a glimpse of like fourteen year old Sandy right now, when you would lose a game.
Speaker 1: When I don't mind losing. I don't mind losing when it's fixed.
Speaker 2: Rig Let me tell you some of the other answers that people said they would do if somebody next to them on the plane had Boh, they would cover their nose, turned their heads. Some said they didn't dure it, and somebody said they'd say, yo, you reak.
Speaker 1: You stink, Oh, you smell.
Speaker 2: Never heard anybody do that. Somebody said they'd hang out in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I am going to file an official protests on this round of them. True, I will be a sored loser for the rest of the day, all right. You know, everybody is different, but if you ask enough people, you can kind of get a consensus of what people think. And they were asked what their perfect day would be. And I disagree with this, and so does Tricia, but we disagree for different reasons. Listen to what in general people said a perfect day was right.
Speaker 2: It involves just a whole lot of relaxing. But here's the breakdown of the amount of time they'd spend doing each of these things. First, six hours and fifty four minutes of sleep, okay, two hours of eating heck yeah, maybe even a little higher on that number for me. Three hours of family time, one hour and twenty four minutes of hanging out with friends, one hour and six minutes of hanging out with pets. Here's where Sandy and I disagree. Three hours and six minutes watching TV.
Speaker 1: Nonsense.
Speaker 2: Only three hours and six minutes of watching TV.
Speaker 1: Why would you waste your day watching three hours of television.
Speaker 2: Because it's relaxing. The point of the day is to relax. Only three hours. How many would you spend thirty minutes? Come on, maybe thirty minutes watching television? Okay, Well, then would you jump in on the one hour and twenty four minutes spent on hobbies? Would that because of duty?
Speaker 1: Well? No, that My hobby would be I love photography, I love editing video, I like reading books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to watch.
Speaker 1: Three hours of my day and the eighth of my day watching television.
Speaker 2: Right, an hour and a half of messing around on your phone, which really kind of simultaneously happens when you're watching TV during the commercial. Anybody who says they're only on their phone for an hour and a half in a date life? Yes, yeah, forty eight minutes of exercise, that's a little bit more than I normally throw in there. Forty eight minutes of shopping definitely not enough time, a forty two minute nap, and finally one hour and eighteen minutes spent listening to music. I'm gonna roll that one eighteen into more TV watching. Are shopping or eating?
Speaker 1: Eating? You like to? You would party? Your perfect day would be shopping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like online shopping. I wouldn't leave it, have to get dressed and stuff and go walk around. We're talking about online shopping, rolling through Amazon, looking for ordering stuff on Amazon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that would not be my perfect.
Speaker 2: But three hours and six minutes of TV watching very underestimated the amount of time people would do that.
Speaker 1: This is from the woman that watched the entire season of land Man in.
Speaker 2: A single day, ten one hour episodes, and she's proud of me. I am proud.
Speaker 1: I would be embarrassed if I know that.
Speaker 2: I'm not embarrassed at all.
Speaker 1: You should be.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm just not. I get to figure out a way to get paid for watching TV would be rich, Sandy.
Speaker 1: Yes we will. There you go. That's how people would spend their perfect day. She's Tricia, my name is Sandy, and we've got more coming up. Miami is serious about discouraging people to spin their spring break in Miami. We're gonna hear something that they put together to discourage people from coming. In just a second, our daily audio file. Thanks for being with us. It's The Sandy Show. I'm Sandy. This is Tricia. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. If you're a Facebook person, you can find this at The Sandy Show Radio. Ready for your audio file. He's your daily audio file. I always think it's funny when celebrities read mean tweets about themselves. Yes, Miranda Lambert just read some mean tweets that she got after she announced going on tour with Morgan Wallen. He's the guy that's in trouble all the time, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he threw the chair the rooftop.
Speaker 1: Here's some of the mean tweets from six on Austin's.
Speaker 2: Forgive you both. We're really doing battle the store. Morgan, you are not a sad dish, You're a main course. That's true. Girl. You can do better than this. WTF. I don't see Texas on here. I know that sucks. I'm not all the Texas shows, Branda. You're just cleaning to something popular so you can try to stay relevant. I'm further confused about why you'd be opening for anyone. You should be the headlin her. What's going on there? We go? Thanks guys for the support the desire to do that, right. But it sounds like they were taking shots at Morgan Wallen more than they were at her. They are he's sitting next to her. Yeah that's uncomfortable a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the time I just never understood the mentality of sinny mean tweets. Yeah, it's just it's really weird. Yeah, here's something kind of dorky, kind of cool. A guy, not many people could do this, but he made his girlfriend her own video game for her twenty fifth birthday. All right, Caul, And there's a clip of her playing it for the first times. It's cute and it's dorky at the same time. It's a simple. But do you remember when we had the game, when the meme looked just like me?
Speaker 2: Yes, we w I yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And made up an avatar and it looked exactly like like a.
Speaker 2: Tiny photograph of your face that we put together with all the bits and pieces. It was amazing, it was you know. That's how wordles started. Wordle. A guy made the wordle game, invented it for his friend who was sick. She was in the hospital a lot, laying around a lot to help her kind of spend her time. And now look at it, freaking sold to the New York Times. That guy's a gazillionaire.
Speaker 1: And you play every day.
Speaker 2: I play every day every day. Got on the fourth try today.
Speaker 1: Finally, Miami Beaches really does not want spring Breakers to come visit. They released a video that looks like a trailer for a spring Break rec show, but everyone in it has a terrible time. This is what they put out. We got this sickhouse for you in Miami Beach.
Speaker 2: Once we talked to Miami Beach, things went downhill fast us.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: You're drinking in public that's not allowed, the speaker, that's not allowed. Rule after fool after rule. What do you want me to do? I don't want you. We didn't know the rules. So annoying guys.
Speaker 1: Guys saying expect potential curfews?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I'm not saying the hotel all spring breaks so sick of crying.
Speaker 1: Now. If you remember a few years ago, Miami Beach was out of control, yeah, I mean it was shootings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's ridiculous saying.
Speaker 1: So Miami's like, you know what, we don't want you.
Speaker 2: This is they They didn't want anybody last year either I think last year or the year before. It was the first year they were all spring Break is canceled in Miami, And now they're trying to get the word out because people are still showing up. Yeah, but I mean the least checkpoints everywhere curfews. Yeah, I can't say that. I don't blame them either.
Speaker 1: And now it's time to say goodbye. Thanks for spending some time with us, but we're not quite done yet. And if you're just joining us, you can grab the Sandy Show podcast wherever it is you get your podcast, A great way to listen to the show, and you can make plans to get here a little bit earlier tomorrow. We'd appreciate that. What some of the stuff we.
Speaker 2: Learned, Well, we learned about rat breeding. Yeah, that rats can produce One pair of rats can produce as many as fifteen thousand offspring descendant offspring.
Speaker 1: In one year.
Speaker 2: In a year, fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Because they become sexually mature at two to three months old and start reproducing, So in a year, two little old scraggling rats can have fifteen thousand grand child.
Speaker 2: That's insane. How are we winning the rat wark when they can produce.
Speaker 1: That fast and they may have like eight at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, owners that now I have. I'm like, how are we winning the rat war?
Speaker 1: I wonder how long? Like how long are they pregnant? I'll look that up.
Speaker 2: Wire you okay, yes, more rat breeding facts please. Another thing we learned was that some random tiger at a zoo. I can't even remember where it was, but this is des Moines, Iowa. Des Moines, Iowa. The tiger's name is Misha. He has picked the Kansas City Chiefs to be the winner for the Super Bowl this this Sunday. Misha apparently big football fan. Either that or he just went out there and picked something that was some piece of food that was wrapped in red versus being another piece of food. Yeah, rapped in green. I don't know what are the Kansas City Chiefs favored at right now?
Speaker 1: One and a half point still one and a half yeah, last I checked, Yeah, one and a half points?
Speaker 2: All right? You got that rat in I do.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying.
Speaker 2: You know, your face is kind of big.
Speaker 1: Listen list. Gestation period for rats typically twenty one to twenty three days. Female rats can get pregnant as early as five weeks of age, have five litters a year, and have six to thirteen pups. They're capable of becoming pregnant again within twenty four hours of giving birth.
Speaker 2: I got again. How is the world not overrun by rats?
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying. Yeah, that's a terrifying statistic.
Speaker 1: Here's the last thing. It says the rapid reproductive cycle contributes to their ability to quickly increase their population under favorable conditions.
Speaker 2: Favorable. Thanks Mike, New York York with its rats are geez. I think they need more than one at this point, Yeah, they do. Finally we got to talk about the feud. We played the feud today.
Speaker 1: I did pretty good, Sandy Christian one. It's kind of a flim plam operation, if you ask me.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how that's possible.
Speaker 1: She scored one hundred. We both had four number one answers, but somehow she scored one hundred ninety eight points and I scored one hundred and forty five.
Speaker 2: I just had better number one answers, clearly, clearly. And you said you're gonna be mad about it for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: I'll be over it here in just a moment, okay, and then I will move move on with the rest of my day spending time with you. Oh stop, we're gonna walk and hold hands.
Speaker 2: Now, We're not We're not doing any of those things.
Speaker 1: We're gonna sit on the same side of the booth.
Speaker 2: We're definitely not doing that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get right next to me in the pickup. We're gonna put our license plates with each other's names in the.
Speaker 2: Back, urban cowboy styles.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what we're going to do. Have a great day, everybody. We're gonna do this again tomorrow. Hopefully you'll join us. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody.