Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This teen is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's wind it.
Speaker 1: I love writing me these guys after the show. So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 6: This is world champion, Dodgers, world championing for a small soft time they get a people what they want to die.
Speaker 5: To in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 6: Hell time to the sound grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 5: I'll go to the show.
Speaker 6: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 5: We are live at Dodger Stadium. After the Dodgers send the Yankees home very sad today, beating them in a big way eighteen to two. And it wasn't even that close if you can believe that the Dodgers were up ten to nothing after the first two winnings of today's game. And I gotta give a lot of props to Hall of Famer John Smoltz, who was in the booth with our guy Joe Davis today. We were talking before the game today and Smoltz was telling us that he had watched the last five starts of the Yankee starting pitcher today, Will Warren, and he said, this might be a tough matchup for Will Warren because over sixty five percent of his pitches, the first pitch is a fastball, and then he tries to get guys to chase with a slider down in a way, and the Dodger offense does not chase, and they love seeing first pitch fastballs. And John Smoltz doing his homework and enlightening us before the game, and I'm sure he did during the broadcast. He was spot on Will Warren was throwing first pitch strikes. And we found out from the booth their guy and kind of my guy, Rick Krajuski, he let me know that Hasan Kim was the first Dodger in the first inning to take a strike. The Dodgers were all over Will Warren and those fastballs in the zone in that very first inning and they were able to score four runs. So it was not a good matchup for Will Warren, and certainly a great matchup for the Dodgers and a great matchup for Max Munsey, who hit his career number two hundredth home run part of that big second inning for the Dodgers. It was a three run home run, the first of two three run home runs for Max Munsey. He also went deep for a three run shot in the fifth inning. But Max Munsey, just think about where he was, not only at the beginning of this year. He's starting to come around now, obviously with some confidence and looking more like the Max Mounthsey we've known since twenty eighteen. But wind to the off season of twenty seventeen. He was very close to just leaving Major League baseball and going to play in South Korea until the Dodgers signed him to a minor league contract and then brought him up in twenty eighteen, and the rest is history. Max Monthsey now with two hundred and one career home runs after two home runs and tying a career high of seven RBIs today, Ken Rosenthal caught up with Monksy after the game.
Speaker 3: Max, Congratulations home runs two hundred and two hundred and one today.
Speaker 5: He had four entering this game. We're changed today. Well, on the one.
Speaker 3: I finally hit a fair.
Speaker 5: I thing.
Speaker 3: I've hit about ten of those balls this year that have been foul by bout three or four feet, so finally got one of them fair. Just trying to get the ball off in his own No, they were gonna, you know, throw a lot of soft stuff and just got some good.
Speaker 5: Signs off into spring training.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen, you get released by the Oakland As.
Speaker 2: Now you're eighth on the Dodgers all time home run lest If I had told you all.
Speaker 5: This was going to happen back then, what would you said?
Speaker 3: I thought you were crazy. I'm definitely a blessing, you know, Monard to being able to hit as many home runs, to have more in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 5: Hopefully I got a lot more.
Speaker 3: In me and hopefully we got a lot more wins.
Speaker 5: Like today and I matchngratulations, thank you all right. There is Max Mounsey who now has two hundred and one home runs. As you heard, Ken Rosenthal, one of the best in the business, understood the significance of that milestone home run and having two hundred and one. Can you believe Max Monsey's just two away from tying mag Camp with two hundred and three home runs in Dodger franchise history, and after a dismal March in April, all of a sudden, now Max Monsey ends the month of May with a two point fifty batting average, a three seventy six on base percentage, and also a four to seventy five slugging for an eight to fifty one ops monthly. After two home runs today finish May with five home runs and twenty six RBI. He also walks sixteen times and struck out sixteen times. That's a one to one raceiow, not too many guys can do that and hit five home runs. So has Max Munsey silenced the critics or has he only silenced them for today? Maybe tomorrow? Because I feel like the appreciation for what Max Munsey does for the Dodgers is not fully appreciated by you. Now. I did say this on Thursday during the Off Day show, and I'll stand by it. I do believe the Dodgers need to mix in more Key k Hernandez at third base because Munsey has not done well against lefties this year. He's not hitting even one hundred against lefties this year. Munsey against lefties is just three for forty two Max Munsey and keyk Hernandez. That's a pretty good combination at third base to go with the platoon, and possibly could be the best tune at third baseman since Mike Sharperson and Lenny Harris the right left combo in nineteen ninety one. That's the best in recent memory as far as a platoon at third base for the Dodgers. But I'm all in with Max Munsey, I'm all in with Key Hernandez, and I both believe they can live happily ever after platooning at third base for the foreseeable future. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees eighteen to two, and you gotta believe, you know. Somebody asked Dave Roberts in the postgame press conference if the Dodgers made a statement to the Yankees. I wouldn't say the Dodgers made a statement to the Yankees. I believe the Dodgers made a statement to themselves, because even Dave said this, They've been playing kind of average mediocre baseball here for the last three weeks. For them to come back home and feed off the energy of this series, despite all of them saying it's just another game, it's just another series. It's not the World Series. Really, really, the way they played last night, the way they played today, there was a little bit more than just another regular season game. Guys, this is a statement to themselves and maybe this propels them to the All Star Break. And certainly the Dodger offense is the best in baseball. They have proven that already nineteen comfort behind victories. That's Dodger offense. They're the best hitting team with two outs and runners in scoring position. They did it again today. This is a statement to the Dodgers themselves to get them going again, maybe give them that juice they needed in the middle of summer, considering the way their bullpen is so beat up and thin. And look, I've said this before, it's no secret the Dodger offense carried them today and gave landon Nak a ten to nothing lead after the first two innings. But back to back games now. They got six from their starter Tony Gonsolin last night after a rough first three innings. That's all guys were talking about today, and also tonight six innings from Landon Nac did not have to use a high leverage relievers. So in combination with the Dodger offense, the Dodgers have gotten two solid starts from the two guys that have been a little bit inconsistent here recently and not giving the Dodgers length. And now they got Yamamoto on the mount tomorrow. They're in a great position to win tomorrow night's game. And also, you know, I'm a big believer in mental you know, warfare, for a lack of better term, the Dodgers beating the Yankees last year in the World Series, with the way Game five went in that fifth inning and Freddie Freeman's walk off Grand Slam right here at Dodger Stadium. These group of Yankees, these guys, they can't have too many good feelings when they walk into Dodger Stadium. And if the Dodgers and Yankees meet again in the World Series, you gotta believe the Dodgers have the mental edge and the confidence edge over the Yankees. So don't discount them coming from behind against Max Freed last night and then coming back today and putting a thumping on the Yankees. Eighteen to two, eight six six nine eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number I thought hay Sung Kim and Tommy Edmund today they're gonna be overshadowed by a few different things. But Haysung Kim to me, you know how they do it in hockey, the three stars of the game. He would be my number two star behind Max Muncie. Hay Sung Kim was tremendous filling in at shortstop for Mookie Beds today. He made a great plane the third inning on a line drive by Vivas, the nine hitter, and then doubling off Austin Wells by diving with his glove, balling glove, diving to tag second base before Wells could get back, and then throwing out Aaron Judge in the sixth inning when he got moved out to center field. Judge trying to do too much in a fourteen to one game there, But nonetheless, Kim was all over it and threw a strike to nail Judge. So not only was Kim four for four today with three runs scored and two RBIs in the nine hole, he played great shortstop and great center field today. Tommy Edmund and hay Sung Kim tonight combined eight for nine with five runs scored and four RBIs just a tremendous game by those two guys up the middle for the Dodgers. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have phone lines open. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, you'll hear from Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, and Big Poppy were in the house today doing Fox Sports. The Great Brad Zeger understanding this was an event. Dodgers Yankees brought out the heavy hitters. You'll hear from Alex Rodriguez as he threw his opinion in whether or not Otani should pitch this season. You don't want to miss that. And also you'll hear from Evin Phillips and Blake's Now. Plus we'll catch up with Jose Mota and your phone calls at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Where are the MONSI haters can hear you? Dodgers beat the Yankees eighteen to two on a five to seventy LA Sports eighteen to two.
Speaker 6: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy, LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Vasse latter out of.
Speaker 7: The stretch, first base, out of the rubber, looks at Otani's got a quarter the way down the line. Two one pitch to Monsie, turns on a ball down the right field wine, will it stay fair? Hits off the ball then gone. Max Monsey you with this second of the game career home run two oh one.
Speaker 5: Max Mounsey tying a career high with seven RBIs today hitting a pair of three run home runs as the Dodgers blow out the Yankees eighteen to two in Game two of this three game series. David Vasse live at Dodgers Stadium with you until nine o'clock tonight right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Daniels Jewelers, they present the home run forecast. You know it. Go to AM five seventy lasports dot com. Use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. The Dodgers hit five home runs tonight. Monsey with two, Hay Sung Kim with a home run, a two run shot in the second inning. Andy pa has hit his tenth of the year, and Dalton Rushing hit his first career home run in the eighth inning. Off in fielder Pablo Reyes and keyk Hernandez pitched a scoreless ninth inning for the Dodgers, wearing his protective pitching helmet that he was given by or he took from Gary Green, the Major League Baseball Director of Health Services. That's actually a helmet that Major League Baseball doctors and Gary Green specifically designed after pitchers were getting hit in the head and in spring training he brought it to show Bobby Miller, and Bobby passed, and keyk Hernandez took it, and now he's using it, bringing pitcher safety awareness to every ballpark near you. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Wan, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Wan, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Hey Dave, I just wanted to make a quick comment, very very happy without the overall team at batt.
Speaker 5: Series And oh, Wan, you must be leaving the parking lot right now. Call me back. I'm sorry, you want to make those two big points. Let's go out to La Puente. Al You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Hi, al.
Speaker 1: Well's mister, it's been a good week show. Yeah, a very good show man.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The file even enduring, like the comments and stuff. Thanks for keeping with it.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, man, get emotional too, al I told you this is an emotional show, and sometimes I get on that emotional roller coaster when I got to stay steady.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, being human and being in the moment is the most you know, authentic thing you could be doing. So good job, man, But like tonight and yesterday, like the spotlight is not too big, La, that is what I wanted to say, and and like when.
Speaker 1: It comes down to it, like like.
Speaker 4: LI does the simple.
Speaker 1: Things good, and with the World series and with diversities, like they do the simple things good. And you know, everyone just needs to realize that maybe this is like a good series enough for a wait to call, like Spike, like all the things.
Speaker 5: You just get back to a little bit of focus and you can't let down after tomorrow because the Mets are coming in for four games and you got to play well against them. They're one of the better teams in the National League. I'm with you, Al, thanks for the phone call. Appreciate it. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees eighteen to two, and in the Dodgers last eleven offensive innings against the Yankees, they have outscored them twenty four to two, including putting up eighteen runs tonight. That's the most runs any National League team has scored against the Yankees in the regular season or postseason in the Yankees long storied franchise history. So the Dodgers flat out embarrassed Aaron Boone and the Yankees tonight and certainly looking for the sweep with Yamamoto on the mound tomorrow. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Big Series, Big Event with the Yankees and Dodgers World Series rematch the Fox Stellar crew of a Rod, Jeter and Big Poppy. We're out here today and on the pregame show, Alex Rodriguez gave his opinion on whether or not O'tani should even attempt to pitch. Because O'tani was out here as he will be every Saturday more than likely throwing live batting practice to ramp up to pitch for the Dodgers after the All Star break. So here was Alex Rodriguez giving his opinion on whether or not O'tani should attempt to pitch again this year. But it is a tough one for me.
Speaker 8: We were having dinner with Hall of Famer John Smokes last night. That'll name drop and he said, Poppy. In twenty twenty three, he had the best stuff of any pitcher in the game.
Speaker 5: This is not a stuff stuff. Obviously, his talent's off the charts.
Speaker 8: But if Otani gets hurt and makes it fifteen pitchers nile, the season's over. So for me, the risk and rewards not there something else to think about us. He's not a finesse pitcher. He's a power pitcher, fastball, tight, slider and split. He's already had to Tommy John injury. He had a separate shoulder injury in the World Series. I would let that lie. I would have a whole offseason in spring training to set this up physically, emotionally and mentally.
Speaker 5: All Right, there is Alex Rodriguez on the Fox Sports pregame show today, and look, I respect Alex Rodriguez a lot. He was a great player, no matter what you think about him or some of the mistakes that he made. I guess you know, I'm not one of those guys that is going to hold all that steroid stuff against these players, because that's a different topic for a different time. Alex Rodriguez is a Hall of Famer, one of the greatest players based ball has ever seen, and I respect his opinion, but I disagree with that one. Because the Dodgers have given Otani a full spring training, they have slow played this incredibly. What he's suggesting now is that the Dodgers slow play it again for another full year. The Dodgers have done everything that he said he would like the Dodgers to do. He has slow played. They have slow played Otani. And just like we saw last year in the World Series, Otani can get hurt sliding into second base just because he's going to come back and pitch in a limited role on a limited basis, in a shortened type of season and into the postseason. To me, the risk is no higher than him being out there in the game today and maybe getting hit and breaking his hand, or felling a ball off his ankle or twisting his ankle running the bases. The injury risk to pitchers these days is obviously higher because because of everything that a Rod said right there. But the Dodgers have played this extremely carefulle with Otani. That's not the question. And as far as injury risk goes, like I said, you could be walking in the middle of the night and break your toe on the way to the bathroom. It doesn't take just pitching. Eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees eighteen to two. Let's go out to Woodland Hills. David, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, David?
Speaker 9: Pretty good good. I want to apologize for a few months ago, I bad mouth Munsey really bad, and I wasn't even very polite about it, I guess, and you hung up on the practically, And I don't blame you because and mony somebody. I don't know if someone gave him adrenaline or something. It's suddenly he's a new man. I want to apologize.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the eyeglasses that's wearing.
Speaker 9: Whenever it is, he's doing it right, I mean, you know, so.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's a good that has a track record and has built credit with the fan base like you, David.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, So it's just exciting that what the Dodgers have turned around their whole It looks like maybe they've turned around their lackluster playing the last U. Yeah, from this couple of games.
Speaker 5: It's amazing. What will happen to you when you leave Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely definitely an He's scary, man.
Speaker 5: There's only David. Can I just share this with you? Since you're from my hometown of Woodland Hills. There's only two cities where I question my life every year, and that's Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Whenever I go there.
Speaker 9: Really well, i've never been to either city. I think I probably better avoid it there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, not much to see there except the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But yeah, this long road of a season. Those are the two cities I always question, like what am I doing here? Why am I here? But anyway, I'll let Munsey know that, David and Woodland Hills apologizes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I was wrong. I was wrong in the way.
Speaker 5: Here we go, all right, and he might go into another slump, and that doesn't mean you have to give up on him, But I am a big believer with the way things have gone so far this season, despite a resurgent May for Monsie Keik and Munseie platoon at third base. I think that should be the way to go here for the foreseeable future and maybe the rest of the year. Thanks for the phone call, appreciate it. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Now, yesterday we got the news that Evan Phillips is going to have season ending elbow surgery, Tommy John surgery, and he won't be back the rest of the year, a big blow to the Dodger bullpen. When we walked into the Dodger Clubhouse today, Evan Phillips was there and obviously not feeling great about the situation. But since he came to that determination a few days ago, he's come to peace with the fact that he will require elbow surgery. And here's what Evan told us about the whole, the whole unfortunate situation. Evan, obviously disappointing news yesterday that Tommy John is in your future. How have you digested all that?
Speaker 10: It's been, you know, a pretty heavy past few weeks, you know, Ever, since we we got the MRI readings and that became an option. You know, we started to explore what we can do, and you know, these next few weeks to give it a look and see if we can try to rehabit and see where we get, and ultimately didn't make much progress at all, so that you kind of validated how the MRI I was reading and what the surgeons were saying. So I'm kind of at peace with it, you know, on that sense, having a clear direction forward. Just you know, sad, disappointed, bum that I'm going to miss so much time and the opportunity with this team, but you know, ultimately, I know it's what I have to do to get back to being my normal self.
Speaker 5: Do you believe that the shoulder injury maybe we're over compensating and created something or how do you kind of put this in con text?
Speaker 10: You know, it's it's a human body in baseball. It's like, sure, it's probably connected in some way. But you know, my shoulder felt great, you rehab went great. It could probably stem back to you know, years of just pitching and you know, commensating in different ways over the years. So I certainly had never experienced something like this before, and I was kind of naive to you know, my discomfort, and I wasn't sure what was going on. I was just optimistic that it would round itself out, and you know, unfortunately didn't.
Speaker 5: Go that way. Evan already I've gotten text where do you believe it was the sweeper? Because you throw it harder than most? Do you believe that's contributing to pictures injuries like this?
Speaker 10: You know, I think we're you know, high performance athletes. Everyone's training and looking for more. I would say, you know, this could probably be attributed to just you know, years and years, you know, all the way tracking back to my childhood of you know, training at a high clip and you know who's the who's to know for sure? It's just the game we play and it's a unfortunately Tommy John surgery has become a big part of our game. And you know, I can look around the clubhouse and lean on a lot of these guys for you know, guy to ensue this process as well.
Speaker 5: Are you hopeful that you haven't thrown your last pitch as a Dodger?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm very confident that that's not the case. Yeah, So I feel, you know, very confident that this is the right call for you know, not just my my tenure here with the Dodgers, but for the rest of my career as well. I know that once we get this thing fixed and I get myself built back up, I'll be, you know, the best version of myself and hopefully you contributing for the Dodgers for years to come.
Speaker 5: That's great news from Evan Phillips, who is a Super two player, so he is a free agent, not at the end of this season, but at the end of next year. And if he's able to come back in July of next year, that certainly will help his own personal career and certainly would be a big boost to to the Dodger bullpen next year. But right now, the here and now, the Dodgers are very thin with right handed relievers, high leverage right handed relievers, and it makes sense why Andrew Friedman made a by load type of trade with a high payoff. If Alexis Diaz can come back to form where he was a couple of years ago when he was an All Star with the Reds and save thirty eight games, that would be huge for the Dodgers if they can find a way to fix his delivery and get him back on tracks. So the Dodgers certainly will be looking for even more right handed relievers as they get closer to the July thirty first trade deadline. This year, the Cardinals are surprisingly hanging in there in the NL Central. A lot of people believe that they would be sellers when the season began, and they have a rental right handed closer and Ryan Helsley. So sorry, Nolan Aronado and the Cardinals. I'm rooting against you to give the Dodgers a chance to make a trade for that guy. If the Cardinals decide that they are sellers. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers are also missing Blake Snell, the two times Cy Young Award winner they signed at the beginning of the year. Blake held true that he would give us an update every Saturday on where his progress is, and today was no different, and things are getting a lot more encouraging for Snell to return to the Dodger rotation.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm throwing one hundred and twenty feet now it's coming out, no pain. I feel good. I'm excited. Through a couple of change ups. Shut a tear pretty excited. No, but I can't wait. Man's you know, when I signed, I was so excited and it's all I wanted to do, and then you know, having to wait it sucks, and you know it's it's a long it's a long process. But I'm gonna go slow. I'm gonna make sure I'm ready. So when I when I started pitching, I can get going and do my thing.
Speaker 5: I was on you yesterday. I'm so eager. Maybe not as much as you are, but we all are very eager to see you on the mound. What's the fine line there of not trying to rush it but also know where the team that where they need you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it was tough today. I mean you see Jeter ay Rod big coffee.
Speaker 5: I went out there.
Speaker 11: I started thought, I was like, okay, I do to slow down.
Speaker 5: You just get excited.
Speaker 11: You see you know Hall of Famers, and you're just like, man, that's what I'm chasing. And yeah, it's tough. But today, yeah, I got a little excited. I just slow myself down. Hey, like, let's really focus mechanically on how I'm throwing the ball, which I never do. I'm always like feeling it's a little things here and there, but today it's like I learned a lot. Connor helped me a lot. So I was really excited about that. Started feeling better at the end too.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, when do you think you'll throw off the mound and really take the next step? Ironically, I think it's San Diego, very fitting. Yeah, I think so. I think that's the plan.
Speaker 11: And we'll see though, but I think sometime in San Diego is the plan. But they'll let me know and I'll be ready. But yeah, I'm just I'm excited.
Speaker 8: I'm throwing.
Speaker 11: There's no pain and like I can actually you're not gonna actually be excited for something like it's it's gonna come and it's gonna happen soon, and I'll take my time through it. And as long as my shoulder feels good, which I pray every day.
Speaker 5: Man, and I'll just get.
Speaker 11: Back out here and and just you know, feel what pitching's like. I love I love going to battle, and yeah, I can't wait to feel that again.
Speaker 5: That's Blake Snell snell Zilla's Saturday, giving us the latest on where he's at with his shoulder, and that's great news. He is throwing pain free, and starting to ramp things up and throwing from a further distance. By the way, the Dodgers will be in San Diego for the first time this season a week from Monday, June ninth, So I'm not sure if Blake was trying to tell us he's going to be facing hitters in San Diego or if he's just throwing a bullpen session. But getting off the mound and throwing is a huge step, and hopefully he could return before the All Star break if all continues to go this swell. Eight six six, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees today eighteen to two. Let's go out to our guy, Jose Moda.
Speaker 6: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 5: Oh, very much different game tonight, Jose Mota compared to yesterday at ten to nothing lead after the first two innings, felt like the Dodgers were not the right offense for Will Warren.
Speaker 2: They were not. And as you were talking about, you know, John Small's comments and things like that, as we all get times of research from pitchers, you could tell that Warren is a guy that was very proud of that fastball and today, let me tell you something. We look it up and down collectively and what teams have been doing against certain pitches and chases, no chases. The Dodgers are just on top of pretty much everything. I mean, secondary pitches they crushed and slug fastballs they're really getting to remember last season there was an issue with some fastballs to the pow where Freddie Freeman said, we need to get better at hitting fastballs. They took got the heart got better to the season. But this year he can not go out there and just think that you're gonna get by throwing fastballs and pulling guys because the other part is they're so tough to pitch too, because they don't taste. I mean, they'll spread their own a whole lot. Go back to look the last couple of weeks in the amount of strikehouse, how much they have diminished that and really reduced that, and it's making it for a very tough one through nine for anybody on that mound.
Speaker 5: When you look at this Dodger lineup, I mean, everybody got into the eighteen run barrage today. But we talked so much about the top part of the order today. I thought tom Y Edmund and Hayesan Kim low Key were right there with Munsey as the biggest key to the offense today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great because we understand that Tommy Emmon got off to tremendous start and he was slugging in the ball and big RBI's and all that. But I mean without muki Bez's injury, we don't know about this game from his on Kim and he shows some flashes I mean flashy, I should say, and all the things that we know about him that have not been on display. But he gives a good at bat. He's really shortened on that swing that like kick it out of the way, has making better and just reaching the zone. But the combination eight hits between those two guys is more than enough to think well as this season and the weather warms up. It's one thing I noticed this series, the balls flying out of the ballpark nicely. But the guys are really taking ideal swings and really feeling that bad in their hands with better grips and understanding why they can handle why they cannot. But welcome anytime David guys at the bottom of the order fee the gods at the top because it's always fun to watch. It's altainly much tougher for the guys on the other side.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like the Dodgers something has kicked in here, whether it's the adrenaline of facing the Yankees or being back home in front of a sellout crowd against the Yankees, feels like there is a little bit more focus and adrenaline from the Dodgers than what we saw in any of the games that on the last road trip.
Speaker 2: There's something obviously when you play the Yankees, you cannot deny it. Players usually don't tell you that during the series, but they understand and tell you a little bit later. You want to go out there and perform against a very good team, a team that has been on top of the AO East, a team that came in with a tremendous pitching staff, and at the same time, you know, if I'm scouting the Dollars today or this series, one of the biggest points they're going to make is in my notes, this team plays at one level. They do not let up. You think about at bats today, you think about base running today, you think about defense today, and land and knack on the mound is like they pretty much keep it on one level. It's not cruise control because the intensity is there, but it's truly admirable to watch just how professional they are about it with a very blue collar attitude, understanding that every pitch counts, every back counts. Guys on the bench with their depth that they have so me the scout will say, this is probably the most complete team right now in all of baseball, because even on the death side, there's a lot of guys that you have to go out there and put up with. It can hurt you make place. Also on the defensive side, do you.
Speaker 5: Feel like the Dodgers are living rent free in the Yankees' heads?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, Yes, it's tough to get through knowing that you didn't play well in the World Series. They exposed every weakness about your defense, about your base running, about your outfield, about your throwing, and pretty much with all the trashtot got happened in the offseason and coming into this one and getting swat about the Dodgers the way they have, there's no doubt in my mind that they're thinking about, Wow, I mean, what else can we do to bit these guys?
Speaker 5: Jose Mota is joining us after the Dodgers score eighteen runs and beat the Yankees today eighteen to two. Jose, it felt like the Dodgers when they came back home, they found something here in these first two games, obviously coming back to beat Max Freed, but Max Muntsey himself. I mean, it's surprising, just the contrast lefty versus right. And you're old enough to remember a pretty good platoon with Dodgers Mike Sharperson and Lenny Harris. I know Kik is not doing great against lefties this year, only hitting two h nine, but Munsey only has three hits against lefties this year. Do you believe that's a platoon worth examining for the Dodgers moving forward?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Why not? I mean you don't have to look at Kiks overall numbers or how pretty or ugly the line looks. Sometimes it's about what Kika brings in his defense. A third base or anywhere you put Kik is gonna play and give you Golglub caliber defense. He comes through in the big Bambus. It could be a one for five, but the one hit becomes like the biggest hit of the night, and you need players like that for Max Munsey. I think, and I really believe that now seeing the ball better has been such a plus for him. Hopefully he can go out there and any opportunities that he gets against certain lefties or he matches up well, he can capitalize and just put the ball in play and don't try to prove to anybody about hitting lefties or not because he'll get out of his game. Take your watch. May contact is a big part of the field. Who use the other part of the field. He's there today, But that's a good option to have because he mentioned that as the season progresses in more teams matchup against you, and then you got to look at the bullpen matchups two Dave. To have a keyk monthly combination will not be a bad thing. If I'm Max Monsey, I'm saying there's no way I'm an everyday player, and I don't want to see that happen. So I'm going to do everything in my power to say I'm not a platoon player. I'm a full time player. A lot of good things have happened since I arrived here, go in the World Series and winning championship, but the push is always going to be there from Kik and I hope that the Max Monky takes off from where he is right now. He doesn't even think about being a platoon player.
Speaker 5: All right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in. We'll see you tomorrow night Sunday Night baseball as Yamamoto looks to help the Dodgers sweep the Yankees out of La.
Speaker 2: Make it a Domingo Falise.
Speaker 5: Oh love it, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with Pepe and Inguez and Luis Cruise. All right, that'll do it for us on Dodger Talk here. The Dodgers certainly had a big night tonight, eighteen run scored. They beat the Yankees eighteen to two. Land and Knack with the win will warn the losing pitcher. The Dodgers hit five home runs tonight, including two from Max Muncie. He tied a career high with seven RBIs tonight. Hayesan Kim a four for four day, including a two run home run. Andy Paez hit his tenth home run of the year in Dalton, rushing with his first career home run in the bottom of the eighth inning. It does bear repeating. We talked about Freddie Freeman and the doubles all time doubles leader in Major League Baseball history. Freddy continues to climb that list. He passed Ken Griffy Junior today with his five hundred and twenty fifth double of his career. He is now tied with Willie Mays and Ted Williams as far as forty seventh on the all time doubles list. So Freddy canntinues to trend towards Cooperstown and tonight it wasn't just a double for him. He did a lot for the Dodgers tonight again, two for three with two runs scored in an RBI. Freddie is now hitting three seventy four on the season. Aaron Judge was three for four today with two home runs. He's hitting three ninety eight with an no ps of twelve seventy, including twenty one home runs. Can you believe it's not Aaron Judge that's tied with Otani for the most home runs in Major League Baseball? It's the Mariners catcher Cal Rawley that's tied with sho Hey Otani for the most home runs in Major League Baseball this year twenty two. Yeah, we'll see where it goes tomorrow. By the way Otani, he does not break the franchise record for the most home runs hit in Dodger history in a single month. He now is tied and he will go down in the record books at least four this month, tied with Pedro Guerrero and Duke Snyder with fifteen home runs, the most hit in any single month during the regular season. Guerrero did it in nineteen eighty five, Duke Snyder did it in nineteen fifty three, and the Great Show Aotani did it in twenty twenty five. Thanks to calling ye back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium. Tomorrow the Dodgers on Sunday Night Baseball first pitch at four ten. Our coverage begins at three o'clock. In case you missed any of the show or our interview with Blake Snell, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks for listening. We'll talk to you tomorrow. The Dodgers looking for a sweep over the Yankees after an eighteen to two win tonight. Yeah, I said it. That was the final score tonight, eighteen to two. Fox Sports Radios. Next, have a great rest of your night, see you