Speaker 1: California passed the law number of years ago that came into an effect that essentially prohibits Californian customers from purchasing ammunition to be shipped directly to their homes. And there's a background check requirement, among some other things that that law did.
Speaker 2: When the governor at the time was touring the state.
Speaker 1: Kind of touting how great this bill was for Californians, his security detail was denied.
Speaker 3: I'm Ryan Gresham and this this is guntog Nation. Guntognation is brought to you by Winchester Supreme Optics, t sas first person Defender, Ruger Loopholed Range Ready, Black Hill's Ammunition and Colt all Right, Welcome in to gun Talk Nation today and Guntalk Nation. Let's talk about online Ammo. Let's talk about how do you find Ammo, what do you buy Ammo? And the guys behind it, and maybe we'll pick up some secrets I don't know, some some pro tips for you. Welcoming on the show today, Ammunition Depot Dan Woolgin, Welcome in Man.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. So glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Dan. We were talking the other day and I was just we've I think people probably know ammunition Depot because it's one of the places when you're you're scrounging around the internet for for Ramo, you always run across, you guys, and uh, it seems like that's become one of the ways people shop for RAMO these days, is buying it online.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, first, we certainly hope that people have heard of us, but if they haven't, we hope that they come they come check us out. You know, buying everything online has become one of the ways that that people go and kind of get what they need for their lives.
Speaker 2: And so, you know, ammunition is no different.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's heavy, and so it is a little bit different in that generally when you're coming to shop online, you aren't going to come and buy one box of fifty rounds or one box of twenty rounds of hollow point.
Speaker 2: And hip that.
Speaker 1: But as long as you're coming for a good assortment of ammunition, you can build a nice a nice order.
Speaker 2: Then it's going to be a.
Speaker 1: Really cost effective way for customers to get the products that they're looking for at a really competitive price and convenient.
Speaker 2: It's going to come right to your door.
Speaker 1: Or if you're buying a firearm, you know, right to your your chosen gun shop to go and do a transfer. So I'm sure it's a great way to well, you have to be inside the United States, so that's right.
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys. I can help you, you know, I feel like.
Speaker 2: The reality and you can.
Speaker 1: You kind of can sell into California. You can buy ammunition in California. It's just a bit of a complicated process. We're doing everything we can to make that easier for the Californian consumers. And I joke, but you know, our American brothers and sisters in the state of California. So we are a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the state of California trying to kind of regain what we consider Second Amendment rights constitutional rights Californians.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, So California passed the law number of years ago that came into effect that essentially prohibits Californian customers from purchasing ammunition to be shipped directly to their homes. There's an import ban, and there's a background check requirement, amongst some other things that that law did, which essentially forced the Californian consumer to go into a physical brick and mortar store to purchase ammunition and have a background check done on them. Of course, no background check systems in our nation are set up to handle the kind of volume that would be required to background check every time somebody wants to buy amo. In fact, there was a really a really kind of funny anecdote when the governor at the time was touring the state kind of touting how great this bill was for Californians. His security detail was denied when they tried to run.
Speaker 2: It back crund check.
Speaker 1: Now, so obviously you know, it didn't really work the way that it was intended to work. So we're we're doing everything that we can. We're we're playing upunt of lawsuit. It's currently sitting with the Ninth Circuit, which, should we prevail, which I certainly hope that we do, Californians will again be able to purchase ammunition online and have it shipped directly to their homes like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can, and basically the rest of the state, the.
Speaker 3: Country freedom maybe ye, well in the night.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of surprising lately because in the past we called it the Ninth Circus Court of Appeals and nothing positive for guns or gun rights could get out of that freaking court. And in the last I don't know, two three four years, you've had some some decisions go a surprising way that was kind of pro free, pro gun, which has been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So over the last I don't know, let's say, decade, there's been a number of judges appointed to that court who have more reasonable views in my opinion, right, but I suppose you could call them more conservative views, particularly with respect to gun rights. And as a result, when you go and challenge these courts with a case, you kind of get randomly assigned the judges and it starts with three judges. Obviously, our legal systems are complicated, so it can go a couple of different ways from there, but it starts with three judges, and it can be a little bit of the luck of the draw. So sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't.
Speaker 3: Is there anything that people listening to this need to do, because sometimes when we talk about court cases, you know, I guess it's not necessarily a right into your senators thing, but maybe just keep an eye on it or support it in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, the California Rifle and Pistol Associate and the NRA are really the entities that are supporting this this fight. And so if you're so inclined, then you like what it is these entities do. Their nonprofit entities, they need your support monetarily. It's also never a bad idea to write your congress people, your senators, and your congress people.
Speaker 2: Let them know what you think.
Speaker 1: Maybe to a lesser extent other people's congress people, but at the end of the day, all of those elected representatives are supposed to be representing the people as a whole.
Speaker 2: They have their constituents, but they.
Speaker 1: Should be thinking about what's best and what's desired by the people as a whole. So make your voices heard. That's I think really the most important part. Make them heard by voting, make them heard by spending your dollars, by donating your dollars, and you know more traditionally, by just actually getting your voice out there in a written or or verbal form. You can call your the offices of your of your congress people and senators as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, and do it on the state level.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, I mean absolutely, And we've said it for years that I mean, so easy for people in other places to say, oh whatever, California that place is a mess. Why don't you just move whatever. But you don't want nonsense California laws to become law. You don't want them to spread. And they absolutely spread. I mean, it spreads to Oregon and Washington. It spreads in Arizona. Believe it or not. You have a lot of Californians there. You have a lot of Californians. Move into Utah and Idaho and all these places, and hell even like Texas. I mean there's you don't want that stuff to gain a foothold in the idea of these politicians who are I mean half of them are maybe great, and half of them or not, but they're kind of puppets and they're kind of going, well, that's a neat idea, let's try that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's this concept also of like form legislation.
Speaker 1: So California put something together and they managed to get it through and there's maybe a challenge in this through to the state constitutional court and it's upheld politicians in another states see, Okay.
Speaker 2: They already did the hard work. Let's grab that and we'll see if we can't get that, we can't get that approved here.
Speaker 1: So that's definitely, you know, one way And it's funny you talk about people moving. I live in Florida, and we've had a huge influx of people really in the last five years since COVID moving into the state, and one of the concerns has been are they going to bring their politics with them? So you have a lot of people coming down from the northeast, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, which are certainly more liberal areas than Florida.
Speaker 2: Isn't in in.
Speaker 1: Certain you know, certain areas of the of society, And so far we haven't seen it. So, you know, I don't know if that's a trend nationally, but it's always a concern. You say, hey, you know, Californians, why don't you just move? Well, I don't know which one. Somebody voted for those policies. So if they come, they come to your backyard and start voting for those policies again, that's that's not such.
Speaker 2: A good thing. So and everybody thinks, I don't want them to leave.
Speaker 1: I want I want it to be better for Californians in California, you know, and Chicagoan's in Chicago and New Yorkers in New York, among other places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And everybody thinks they're in the center. They always think that, like, I'm a little bit right of center.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm very very close to just right in the middle. I'm very very level headed. Except that, yeah, when you when you're surrounded by a certain mindset in San Francisco, you don't realize that maybe you're not in the center of whatever the average or the mean average or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I forgot, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know mean median.
Speaker 2: We don't need that. It's true.
Speaker 1: On the other side, though, you know, I think the important thing is having an open mind, trying to listen, actually listen to two people.
Speaker 2: Because we can fight with each.
Speaker 1: Other all we want, but unless we can really understand the route behind the fight. On the other side, we can't really find a compromise that that's going to work for everybody, that's going to make everybody happy or equally unhappy. Let's say, yeah, because that's really what compromises up being. But yeah, it's important to I think, to try to not necessarily sympathize with other people's positions, but just understand them. Generally, those positions come with some amount of logic behind them.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they don't, but you know, one way or another.
Speaker 1: Try to understand where they're coming from so that you can effectively explain why maybe that's not the best position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm glad you guys will get involved in that stuff. Hey, we're going to talk with Dan about shopping for m O online.
Speaker 2: And he's going to tell forgot to do that.
Speaker 3: He's going to tell us all the secrets right after this. Winchester Supreme Optics, Quality and Innovation in optics. Winchester has a rich heritage dating back over a century, an American brand that has become synonymous with excellence, reliability, and innovation. They've expanded with their optics line binoculars, range finders, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, and even thermal rifle scopes. You can learn more at Winchesteroptics dot com. That's Winchesteroptics dot com. Engineered for precision, performance and versatility. The cult Optics Ready nineteen eleven competition pistols are the perfect choice for competitive shooters looking to gain an edge. We're talking about nineteen elevens in either nine millimeter or forty five and they're cut for optics. I mean, that's like cheating. You get a red dot on top of a Cult nineteen eleven. They're versatile, they're great with an optics plait system, seamless experience for those who want to take their shooting game to the next level. You can learn more over at cult dot com. Big news from First Person Defender. There's a new season launching season fourteen, and with it, we're launching a brand new YouTube channel dedicated entirely to FPD. We're kicking it off with the new season, our most intense and eye opening season yet carjackings, home invasions, armed robberies. First Person Defender throws everyday people into real world self scenarios and it's all captured on camera. Subscribe now at the First Person Defender YouTube channel. You can also find it on Facebook, on Roku, everywhere else that you're going to see our videos, real people, real training, real reactions. This is First Person Defender like you've never seen it before. Elevate your precision with the loopholed Mark four HD rifle scope, featuring a professional grade optical system for pinpoint clarity and zero lock dials for precise, reliable adjustments. This lightweight, yet rugged, reliable rifle scope is the ultimate companion for any shooter, and they have it in a variety of configurations a one to four like variable low power optic all the way up to an eight to thirty two power if you want to reach out and hit stuff at really long distances, the loopholed Mark four HD. We've been using it. We've been liking it. It's got a lot of nice features to it. It's high quality. It's something that you can depend on. You can learn more over at loop dot com. So Dan, people went absolutely bonkers buying ammunition online. And I would say we because I was probably in there as well. We all went bonkers, and you know, twenty twenty one, twenty two, and people, I think, if they hadn't done it already, they figured out like, oh, this is a way to buy AMMO, and then they start shopping around and you're in everybody lists like the cost per round and all this stuff. But you're a guy who runs one of these sites. I mean, I kind of set you up, But I mean I don't know. I mean, if there are any tips and tricks or things like what are you noticing these days with amima? Because it's it's not as scarce as it was, right, I mean, it's more available.
Speaker 2: Now, certainly not right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd start with saying it's a great time to buy AMMA, meaning prices are about as low as I've seen them. I don't expect them to get any lower. We are as close to pre pandemic pricing as I think we're ever going to get. There was obviously a lot of inflation over the last five years. Makes it kind of hard. These things are mostly commodity metals. It makes it kind of hard to get back down to the prices that we were at before. So it's a great time to buy AMMO. Is you know the first thing that I would say, as far as you know secrets, you said tips, tricks, secrets. Buying AMMO firearms accessories online is really no different than buying any other valuable, important to you thing online, And so from my perspective, price is important, it needs to be competitive, But customer service and knowing that that company is going to be there to stand behind the product the experience if you need it, is I think equally, if not more important, and so that's something that we've really strived for at Ammunition Depot. We have among the highest customer service rates in the industry. In fact, I think the highest, but I suppose I can't say that definitively. But if you go and look online Better Business Bureau, Trust Pilot, Google, you know these kinds of things. We've ratings at five four point nine. I don't know if we have a five anywhere, four point eight, four point ninety five. We track this internally something called an NPS, and we don't need to get too deep into it, but the best score you can get on an NPS is one hundred, and the worst score you can get as a negative one hundred.
Speaker 2: We consistently maintain a score between ninety and one hundred.
Speaker 1: Wow, which is unheard of for companies, let alone companies in our space, just companies. It's very difficult to find any company out there that's tracking NPS that has won that high. So it's really important for us. We try to put the customer first. Obviously, I also have to make money, so you know, we're not giving moway but very very competitive pricing, competitive shipping costs.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there'll be opportunities for free.
Speaker 1: Shipping or special promotions things like that, but we just keep it as tight as we can so that we can serve our customers for the long haul.
Speaker 2: We want to be here for one hundred years doing what we're doing.
Speaker 3: That makes a big difference when somebody has kind of a long term view because I think that you end up treating people the right way. You do things the right way because you're not chasing the week, the month, the quarter, whatever it may be, because you're trying to do it the right way. Yeah. I mean, I guess when we talk about shopping online a lot of times with the Ammo, a lot of times people are thinking about the bulk purchasing of Ammo. And one of the things I've noticed over the years, if you do this long enough, it's like, if you're a consumer of Ammo, like you you really shoot a lot. You shoot a lot of nine, you shoot a lot of two, two, three, whatever it may be, you really can dollar cost average this thing, whether it's every month or every couple months or whatever. You know, buy it when it's cheap, because everybody runs out when things become scarce and the costs are higher. But if you're kind of like just buying all the time a little bit at a time, I mean, and I say a little bit. Ryan's version of a little bit is like maybe five hundred to one thousand rounds.
Speaker 2: Five hundred rounds, a thousand rounds. Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're gonna buy at least five hundred rounds, you're gonna be able to do it cost effectively online.
Speaker 2: And if you have the.
Speaker 1: Space, I would agree, you know, buy every so often, a little bit more than you think you.
Speaker 2: Need, put it away.
Speaker 1: We're working on some things to help people even if they don't have the space, and some stuff like that. So hopefully in a couple of months I can come back and tell you about some neat stuff that we're doing. Not not really ready to throw that out there yet, but yeah, I mean, prices are low, and the best thing that you can do to protect yourself and all of us really against those price spikes that happen is don't panic buy.
Speaker 2: And how do you not panic by by before you panic.
Speaker 3: Pre panic buy?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, so you guys also make your own AMMO. You're loading Ammo, isn't that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we obviously sell everybody's Ammo, and we work with all of the major manufacturers in the United States and most of the major manufacturers globally.
Speaker 2: But we also manufacture AMMO ourselves.
Speaker 1: And we do that not because we're trying to become the biggest AMUM manufacturer and compete with Winchester Federal or whatever, but really just so that when things do go crazy, we can make sure that we have AMMO for our customers, because there's been times over the last couple of years we couldn't buy any AMMO. Yeah, at any price, didn't matter what I was willing to pay for it. I couldn't get AMMO in the door to service my customers. And so knowing that I have an alternative source through manufacturing of ammunition ourselves.
Speaker 2: Is really really valuable for really our customer base.
Speaker 3: What do you think about remanufactured AMO? Is that a good buy? Or is like because there're probably listeners who say, I don't know if I want to shoot that through my gun or whatever. I mean, what is remanufacturer? I mean, I know what it is, but like what would be the definition of and what is it not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so ammunition for handguns, rifles, your shotguns a little bit different, but let's just stick in kind of the handgun space because it's the simplest, no necked cartridge and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's a brass cartridge.
Speaker 1: When you shoot it, that brass expands and so it's no longer kind of inspect it's not the same shape it was before you shot it. So you can take that cartridge called a spent cartridge, you can remanufacture it, meaning get it back into tolerances. You clean it, you remove the spent primer, you shape it back into the right size, You put it in a new primer, you put in fresh powder, you put in obviously a new projectile, and now I've got a round of ammunition that was cheaper to produce because you didn't have to buy a new cartridge. Instead, you did all of this work to make the old cartridge kind of let's.
Speaker 2: Say, like new again. So it's usually actually do that quite a few times.
Speaker 3: It's usually made from like once fired brass, right.
Speaker 1: Once fired we call it ones fired brass. But you can actually reload a cartridge. There's no exact number, but it could be even like ten times before you start splitting that cartridge as you're trying to reform it. But yeah, once fired brass mostly comes from ranges, your range that you go to. If you're not picking up your brass, they're picking up your brass.
Speaker 3: And they're selling it.
Speaker 2: They're selling it. Yeah, so is it a good thing? You know, I think it's good.
Speaker 1: It makes a good, cost effective option for people who shoot a lot. If you have extremely tight tolerance firearm, maybe you don't want to use reman. If you spent three thousand dollars on a Titanium nineteen eleven, you should probably pay up for some you know, some nice around.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Drive a car that costs six figures, don't put regular unleaded gas in it.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, same, same idea. Same.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna put the bargain bin tires on that vehicle either. So, but if you're I don't want to. I don't want to fan any of our you know, our brand partners that we work with. But you know, if you've got a high point, you know, a porous three C or like lock, I mean.
Speaker 2: It'll eat anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, you're.
Speaker 2: Shooting a lot, you're putting holes in pay Yeah, go for it, Yeah, go for it. It's a great way to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you guys, I mean, if we sell.
Speaker 1: Match AMMO also self defense AMO, you know, magazines, cleaning all the stuff that.
Speaker 2: You would need to enjoy the shooting sports.
Speaker 3: Along those lines. Let's talk about that, because you guys do sell a lot of stuff outside of AMO. It's expanded into other areas. But there's one new product that we have to talk about.
Speaker 2: I've been teasing it the whole time. I know I'm sitting here.
Speaker 3: There, and if you're watching the ring, Dan pick it up, and we're about to tell you this is going to blow your mind. Right after the break.
Speaker 2: The T.
Speaker 3: Sauce carry in nine milimeter is now available in a double stack version built around TE Sauce's forged slide frame and barrel that our machine to exacting tolerances. The new double stack models combine all the features of modern high capacity nineteen eleven pistols with the reputation for quality and value that the T. Sauce guns are known for. They also have a Palmer grip module with twenty five line prints checkering on the front and rear and molded texture. So very cool guns at a great price. You can learn more over at T SAUCEUSA dot com. Black Hills Honey Badger AMMO is a solid copper, non deforming, non fragmenting projectile with wide, sharp flutes. Ballistic broadheads that cut through barriers that cause Holow points to fail at least sometimes an overall increase in depth and width of wound cavities. In that moment when you need the best to defend your family's life or your own, you'll appreciate a certain quality the honey Badger possesses. For the least complicated reason in the world, Well it works. If you're listening to this show, you probably like guns, but how many classes have you take to make you a better shooter? And that's what we do at range Ready Studios. Range Ready is a premium firearms training academy in Robert, Louisiana, and it's basically it's here at the Gun Talk headquarters. We've got to range out back, actually several ranges. We've got classroom, we've got a shoot house, and we've got some of the best instructors around. And I promise when people come here the reviews are five star. They love it and they improve on their shooting. You can learn more at range ready Studios dot com. And I'll tell you a trick. Sign up for the email list, because you guys that sign up for the email list are the first to hear about our new classes and they sell out quick. You've probably heard about the Ruger RXm pistol. It's the result of a collaboration between Ruger and Magpole. American made handgun stands out with a variety of upgraded features, including directmount optic cut slide so you can put an RMR delta point pro RMSC cuts with co witness height sites. It also has their fire control insert. It's a removable stainless steel insert that's the serialized part of the gun which enables you to customize using Magpole Enhanced Grip handgun grips, and so they have different colors, different sizes, you can really customize it. It's Gen three compatible, so works with magazines that you may already own, and we've tested it. We shot it a lot, and we like it. You can learn more about the Ruger RXm over at Ruger dot com. All Right, so, Dan, when you say Ammunition Depot, you were like, oh, okay, they sell AMMO, but they also sell gun parts and guns and optics and magazines and you make your own AMMO. But you're making some other brands that you guys are doing. And I teased it before the break you've got a new thing that you told me about. And I was like, wait a minute, what tell me more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we partnered with a company called Rattles like Tactical to make this magazine. It's you know, but for the spring and all Pollmer magazine, which is much like you've seen before. There's there's many brands on the market with something like this. This is a double stack N nine milimeter magazine which is made for the glock platform, so it's going to fit any double stack nine milimeter block or firearm that accepts magazines for double stack nine milimeter block.
Speaker 2: What's neat about this? It's thirty four rounds.
Speaker 1: I was able to squeeze thirty five in after the spring relaxed, but thirty four rounds. Call it thirty four. Packaging says thirty four. A couple of neat things. Number one lifetime warranty, so Rattle Sick Tactical. Anything happens, accidental damage, you drop it at the range and it breaks or whatever, they'll replace it for you. So I think that's very very cool. The other thing, and we push real hard on this is the cost. We've kept the cost way way down on this, so the MSRP is nineteen ninety nine, which is in line with MSRPs on a lot of other stuff. We have partnered with Rattlesick Tactical for the exclusive rollout, so for some period of time we've all of the production capacity of Rattlesnake Tactical for this magazine. For that rollout, we are pricing it as low as they will let us.
Speaker 3: How low is that as we end.
Speaker 1: Well, as we sell more and more, we have to move the price up towards you know where it's going to be eventually. Unfortunately, the first three thousand of these already went out the door, and we were only allowed to sell three thousand at a cost of four ninety nine, and currently they are at five ninety nine, and I don't know how long that price will last. Eventually, I would expect to see this product in the market somewhere closer to the ten dollars price point. But for as just as long as Rattlesnake will let me keep buying them and selling them at that price, we will keep doing it. So we're going to keep the price as low as we possibly can. But you compare that to the other stuff in the market, and it's less.
Speaker 2: It's a significant amount less.
Speaker 1: And so you know you want to throw three or four ten of these in your range bag or and you're safe or whatever, you can really do that without without breaking the bank.
Speaker 3: So that is such a big deal because I mean, in me in the PCC world especially, I mean, perfect magazines can be expensive and everybody wants to extendo that's what they call it on the streets, the extendos, those those high capacity mags. And what's crazy is yeah, I mean for my like nine millimary PCC stuff, I mean, I have five, six, ten of those types of mags and I'll load them all up before I go to the range, just to save time, because that's it's.
Speaker 2: So much better. Nobody likes loading.
Speaker 3: Bags rounds, you know, and to be able to do that for six dollars per mag. Now, before you guys, we are going to have we're gonna drop a link into the description of this that'll take you over there and uh so you don't have to go searching. But Rattlesnake Tactical thirty four round nine milimeters magazine designed for block patterns, which obviously works for blocks, but there's a lot of guns that use block pattern magazines too.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep.
Speaker 1: Now the other real cool thing about it, I will throw this out there real quick. Together with Rattlesneak, we tested this and we had a third party test this also, and it outperforms the similar magazines on the market. So the other polymer magazines on the market, they all perform similarly on a drop test. From a durability perspective, they're all the same. But the failure rate, which is failure to feed mostly on this magazine was about a tenth one tenth of the failure rate on similar magazines.
Speaker 2: How do you achieve it's way way.
Speaker 3: More in the follower and the feed lips or what is it that kind of makes it more liable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of engineering that goes into these mags. They seem like they're all the same and they seem like it's an easy, simple thing, but in reality, there's a lot of engineering there on the inside of this magazine tube, on the follower spring that's used on the tilt and can't of the follower, and the top of the spring itself, the geometry of the follower, So there's a lot.
Speaker 2: That goes into it.
Speaker 1: And these guys just did a great job making a magazine that is cheap and reliable and designed, manufactured, packaged, conceived, sold entirely in the United States of America. So no parts of this magazine that's a good party coming from overseas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that people would assume to get to that cost, it would have to be shipped in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 3: What are what are other questions that people ask about this, because it's like automatically, when something is a surprise, the cost is a surprisingly lower than what they think. They go, Okay, well is it any good? What's the construction of it? You know? What other things would they want to know?
Speaker 2: Usually you nailed it. It goes right to.
Speaker 1: Like, well, it must be a piece of junk, right, If it's that cheap, it's got to be a piece of junk. Uh, you know, And it's not, which is why we wanted to make sure that not only did we test this before we wanted to sell it to our consumers, but we had a third party test this as well against the big names.
Speaker 2: In the market. You know, kind of be nice and not name them.
Speaker 1: Here, but the bigger names in the market who your listeners, my customers might have some of their magazines certainly have used them before, and the whole the market is very very happy with those magazines, happy with the price point they're they're buying them up like crazy, and so we tested it against those to make sure that it was going to perform at least as well. Our hope was that it was just as good. We're if it's as good but cheaper, we're happy to bring that to our customers. We think they're going to love it. In reality ended up being better and cheaper. So that's that's the biggest question that we've gotten so far and that I expect to get, is Oh, it's a piece of junk. People say, you're gonna have to replace the spring, it's going to have all these failures.
Speaker 2: It's it just doesn't seem to be true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what kind of guns did you test it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: So for the third party testing, we use the Glock line, so seventeens, nineteens, and forty six I think, you know, the mini. We've also tested it in a number of pccs, and later this week I'm going to go myself and test this in a new stribog that I got, which is going to be going to be really fun. But yeah, we've tested in a couple of different pccs and you know, basically the most popular firearms in the in the glock line. We made sure we're using the same firearm to test the different magazine so that it's not you know, we don't have something to do with with the gun. We put the dirty old the dirty old one that we didn't clean on the competitors or.
Speaker 2: Something like that. You know, that's that's certainly not the case. We used clean ones, dirty ones, you know, and everything in between we put.
Speaker 1: I think the minimum we put through a magazine was five hundred rounds, but we put much more than that through some and again to test durability. Reliability needs to be there for the long term, so we tested everything we could think of. The only thing it failed on, which all the magazines failed on, was a drop test from three feet fully loaded on the feed lips. So you drop it like this straight on the concrete from the feed lips, and all of the magazines end up splitting right here down the middle of the magazine tube. If that's a concern for you, go get a metal lined bag.
Speaker 2: It won't do that.
Speaker 1: We offer those as well, you know, Glock makes a thirty three round metaline magazine. I think maybe CACI makes one as well, if if you're interested in saving a little bit, yeah, and don't mind not having the Glock name. But other than that, they perform really well. And again they all failed in the same way on that same test. So that seemed like something that, you know, probably not going to be able to get around with this type of construction, and at that price point. Comparatively, it seemed like a great deal and something I wanted to be able to offer to our customers.
Speaker 3: That's cool, Well, thanks for telling us that, because that's I mean, it's it's probably I'm not trying to defend it, but it's kind of an unlikely scenario. But you're right, like if if you're going for hard use, duty use type of thing, there are other options that you might consider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, for sure, if you're going for duty use four or five six dollars mags, probably not the right mag right, I mean, look, it'll work, but still, when you're trusting your life, I trust Block. So sure, you know, buy one Block thirty three round magazine and nine of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you'll be set, you know. But there's certainly other options out there.
Speaker 3: Rattle snake, tactical cool, Okay, day, what do you see coming up in the future for what do the tea leaves say for people? I guess just maybe products that you're seen, you know, trends you're seeing, or or what should the listeners be looking for?
Speaker 1: Sure, if I could read the tea leaves, I don't think we'd be sitting here.
Speaker 2: But I'll do my best, my best shot at it. There's some trends that have been happening for a long time, which I don't think I'm gonna be a surprise to anybody. Forty is dying.
Speaker 1: It seems to be. What I think is interesting is that demand in the market for two, two, three, five, five six is way down, way way down. Demand for ars seems way down as well. Yeah, I don't think that platform is dying. That is not what I mean to say here. We've got I don't know, thirty forty million ars out in people's hopefully safe and gunlockers out in this country, and I don't think there's a going on ay where it's a phenomenal platform. I love it just as much as everybody else does, but for whatever reason, maybe it's because people are hurting and don't have the cash to spend and two, two, three, five, five, six rounds are expensive. The portion that we see of sales in two to three for sales in nine millimeter has really shifted over the last.
Speaker 2: Year or so much much more heavily to nine milimeter.
Speaker 3: You think on that side, shooting to shooting nine, then.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I suspect that it's it's a little bit more cost effective to go and shoot nine.
Speaker 2: And so if you're shooting for fun, not really.
Speaker 1: Training, you're you're shooting nine. It has the kind of feedback, the profile that you want, the recoil profile that you want.
Speaker 2: Me twenty two is fun, but it's a whole different animal.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask, are you what are you seeen in twenty two? Is that gain and popularity if people are looking for a cheaper way to shoot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so not as much as I've seen it in the past.
Speaker 1: And part of that is that comparatively, twenty two isn't as cheap as it used to be.
Speaker 2: So we used to be able to offer.
Speaker 1: Twenty two for five cents around all day long, and it's gotten really hard to maintain that price point.
Speaker 2: We're able to hit it sometimes, but most of the time we just.
Speaker 1: Can't get it that low, you know, and keep the doors open because I have to keep the doors open. So, you know, we've seen a big shift to nine and I think from the perspective of like self defense, home defense, and again this is not really news for anybody, but nine is winning the handgun wars there for sure. There's a lot of nineteen eleven lovers and forty five ACPCE still really popular.
Speaker 2: Three eighty has.
Speaker 1: Gotten less and less popular in my opinion. I think the reason for that is that you've seen stuff come out like the P through sixty five, like the G forty three, where you've got a slim, small profile maybe ten seven to ten rounds of nine millimeter.
Speaker 2: It's so small the savings that you get.
Speaker 1: Another quarter of an inch or something by moving to the three eighty instead just not worth it. So the gun manufacturers has done a great job with their technology to kind of you don't need three eighty anymore.
Speaker 2: I still have some.
Speaker 1: I love three eighty also, I think it's a great caliber, great platform, and I've got a couple of them. P two thirty eight is a great carry gun. And uh, you know, if you if you absolutely are having trouble carrying and you need to throw something in your pocket.
Speaker 2: I haven't found anything smaller than LCP yeah out there well on the market, right.
Speaker 3: The only difference between a three eighty and the nine is a little bit of length, so it doesn't really give you more capacity. So yeah, it's a good point, Like a P three is twenty five and they have.
Speaker 2: That it's a little bit shorter, and that's kind of it would just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have the grip be shorter front to back slightly, but I mean, it's not changing the capacity of the gun. And I think that, I mean, for most people, the shoot ability is not that much of a difference either between nine and three eighty.
Speaker 1: Honestly, if anything, three eight is a little bit worse. Some of those firearms are so small it's hard to get a good grip on it. And then you go and modifying the grip or putting in a you know, an extension plate so that you really get purchased with your pinky, and now it's not small anymore. Anyway, I don't even I can't even exact.
Speaker 2: I don't have to do it anymore.
Speaker 1: You know, I really like the P sixty five as a as a platform, so does America. I think it's the most popular until carry gun still for the last couple of years. And you know, ten rounds nine millimeter or ten plus one, it's great. I love the SAS version. If you haven't checked it out, it's kind of kind of cool, kind of neat the s AS sig Anti Stang that kind of took all the little things sticking off the sights and everything.
Speaker 3: Fired up talking about that damn gun. People are firecrack. That's a grenade into a barroom, dude.
Speaker 2: So like, sorry, guys, it's so.
Speaker 3: Funny though, because you if you say, let me explain the sees or if you if you've seen it, you know, but it's like, well doesn't have traditional sites and there are so weird. So people that flip out like that's ridiculous. Now most of those people haven't shot it, who say it's ridiculous because it's different, but it's actually not ridiculous because we've shot it, we've filmed with it, We've had Phil Straighter, who had a part in inventing this thing down here shooting it. And it is really it really works, and that's what everybody on the range from there going, I'll be damned like that really works.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know, it has this thing, I think it's called the bullseye target, But instead of having your traditional dovetail sites embedded in the slide, is this little piece of plastic that's properly aligned at the factory with an open circle and a dot, and you align the dot within the open circle, and that gives you your site picture so that.
Speaker 2: You then you know know that you're going to hit your target. For the reality is my understanding.
Speaker 1: Luckily, I've never been in a situation where I had to use a firearm to defend myself, but my understanding from talking to people who have, especially law enforcement officers.
Speaker 2: When that happens, it's nothing like your training.
Speaker 1: You lose accuracy on the order of ten So if you're one M shooter, now you're a ten moa shooter and you're not spending time thinking like, okay, let me line up my sites and get a good site picture or whatever. So training obviously is really important, and from that perspective, it's just about muscle memory with that site picture.
Speaker 2: So for me.
Speaker 1: I've got good indicators when I am slowing down in training to make sure that I'm going to hit what I'm aiming at. And should I unfortunately ever find myself in a situation where I need to defend myself.
Speaker 2: I have that muscle memory.
Speaker 1: I have that practice, and I'm going to be able to, you know, bring that weapon on target and site picture and muscle memory going to take over.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's cool. You should. You should take a look at it.
Speaker 1: It's not for everybody, but take a look at it, and it's at least different and neat.
Speaker 3: It is different and neat. But I mean we have not like I don't have thousands and thousands of rounds, but the shooting and the filming we've done with it, it really worked. We were surprised by it. Like anything, you got to practice with it. You got to like, if you're switching, you're adding a red dot to your pistol and you never shot a red dot, you better practice or eat. It's not what you should.
Speaker 2: Add as an aside. You should add a red dot to your pistol because it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but like if you're not used to it, yeah, you're gonna be probably slower because you're not used to using it and what that site picture looks like. But yeah, that's a fun one, Dan, This has been great, man. Okay, so I gotta I'll remind them this thirty four round block bag from Roustaking Tactical. They can find it on your website, but we'll put a link in the descriptions. You guys can find it easy and very cool. I mean a six dollars extendo mag that's I.
Speaker 1: Hope we can keep it at six for a long time. You know, we'll see, but man, yeah, I mean even at ten bucks. It's a phenomenal price point, so it'll be uh, we'll keep it as low as we can for as long as we can.
Speaker 2: But man, it's a killer deal.
Speaker 3: The lifetime guarantee that's from you guys.
Speaker 2: Rattlesick Tactical offers a lifetime guarantee.
Speaker 1: Now, what we do, which is a little bit different, is anything you purchase from us.
Speaker 2: If you ever have an issue with it, call us. We've got relationships with all of these guys.
Speaker 1: You don't need to try to weave your way through their you know, returns or warranties or whatever.
Speaker 2: If you bought it from us, call us.
Speaker 1: We're going to help you through the process, that's whomever it is, you know, and make sure that you get the outcome that you kind of deserve, right, make sure that the warranty is honored from the company and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: We have some other products and that also offers something.
Speaker 1: Called anmly shield h We can extend things that don't have a lifetime warranty into a lifetime warranty. So if you do come and buy stuff from us, you have that option to turn a one or two or three year warranty into a lifetime warranty. But either way, if you bought it from me, give us a call if you ever have a problem, We're going to take care of you.
Speaker 3: Awesome, all right, Dan, Thanks Ammunition Depot. You guys check go check them out, and we will see you all next time on gun Dog Nation.