Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started, ladies and gentlemen. It is the five o'clock hour here on a game day edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety Nit coffee. That is me Austin Montgomery alongside today as we take you up until six o'clock. And I don't want to overdo it, but there are things that we as Louisville basketball fans are experiencing for the first time in a long time, and it's a good feeling. And today's one of those days because you know, this is the first weekday into the new year winter, clearly with the weather outside, and it's an ACC game. Man, The ACC clearly is not in a great about right now. But you could take advantage of that if you're Louisville, and I hope that they do. Maybe they already have, considering they're off to a to a three and one start in league play, but it just feels like what it used to feel like, kind of right. I mean, this is not Louisville as a top ten team hosting another top twenty team. You know that that's not where Louisville is anymore, at least not right now, and certainly the ACC. So I knew this would happen, and I thought, maybe kind of knowing it, getting ahead of it, realizing that little things that we used to just take for granted that wouldn't even appear on the radar for us, will start to be fun because of you know, I mean we were We were lifeless for a couple of years. And when I say that, I mean we, I mean you just we still watched I did postgame shows. People reacted to it. It was something that that you thought about, probably more than you even wanted to, because it's unnatural as a Louisville basketball fan to not be locked in during basketball season. That's what we were dead like. There was no talk about can we make the tournament? Can we Like it's a weird feeling, but like there are some people that even towards the end, probably didn't want to see Louisville play well because it might it might give you a panic attack thinking that maybe somebody like Kenny could have won eight more games and they still should have fired him. No, I don't know if they would have, but like that's the reality of it. Like if you have a guy that you know has a low ceiling or not a ceiling at all, and you're a program like Louisville, like the sooner you cut ties, the better it is, because you just know that that guy's not going to be able to get you where you want to be. So that's where we were for two years, and then before that it was the slow decline and the pandemic. And I mean, I really you know, to go back to the feelings that we knew would we hoped, i should say, would be here once again, and knowing they would feel good. I mean two things today have just kind of stood out to me as I'm getting ready for the show. I'm going to the game tonight, looking forward to being there. I'm taking them a family, and you know, I'm excited. But knowing that there's a conference game that you feel good about and if you win against a good team, there's going to be real value and having legitimate belief, like sometimes fans are just going to assume their team's going to win or approach it as from a fans perspective with a positive mindset. It has nothing to do with the actual game itself. But like I get while people do that, right, you know what, he miserable. You want to, at least until the game starts, feel like, hey, let's go do this, let's go win. So you know that's always there to an extent with some fans, but this is legit, Like Louisville is favored tonight and if they win, that'll be another good win for them. And I think fans aren't being homers and saying, yeah, let's go win this. We feel like we are the better team. We're at home, we're playing good basketball. Let's go see where we stand. So that's a good feeling that I'd missed. But also the bracketology stuff, like just to know that, hey it's January Selection Sunday, a couple months away, and we are in position now that I don't want to say you're in the driver's seat because that's kind of unknown, right, Like if you end up beating the teams that you know you're supposed to beat, but you lose to the teams that are projected to beat you given where those teams are, meaning the ones that like you're supposed to lose to Pittsburgh. I mean, they're what a seven seed was in an eight seed. Let me pull it up here like that kind of you know. Anyways, back to the bracketology stuff, like Louisville, I kind of feel like the way they've played in what they've shown and given the momentum that they've had in these last couple of games, and looking at the rest of the league, it's just nice to know that, yeah, we should be in the tournament now. Who knows if that ends up happening, and if it doesn't, maybe there are some unfortunate reasons, maybe somebody gets hurt. Hopefully that doesn't happen. They've been bitten by the injury bug bad enough already. But it's just it's just nice to have life back within the program. And I know there are still some folks talking about attendance and Louisville, you know, just not moving the needle around here like it once did. And those people aren't wrong, but I don't know why. If you're a fan and you care about it, you're going to I mean, you can't control it. All you can do is your part and show up support. And you know, I don't know if this is true or not. But I believe that if Louisville basketball starts putting together good seasons consistently, this thing will be back to where it once was. I don't know if you're going to see the same numbers you saw previously, meaning in the Patino era, because that was a different time and it really, you know, clearly Rick and Tom had people wanting to come to games. I mean not just those guys specifically, but it was just different. Let's be really, it was those guys were different and things were great, and you know, that was a long time ago. Now we've got to move on. But I think there could be programs that maintained their status within college basketball for fifteen twenty years, and yet I bet their attendance for games, like you know, the Dougs is probably lower now than it was ten years ago because now people can just be Again. It goes back to the whole season ticket conversation. You can go to every game you want and save a ton of money because you're not paying a big donation and you're not paying the price for season tickets. So that's just what people do now. So anyways, I know that there's you know, I guess more than anything. I'm a little insecure here as a lois basketball fan because I am giddy about where where things are right now, Like this has been fun. Austin and I and my wife of course, we went to the game the other night against Carolina. That was such a good time. It was a fun time, man, that I felt alive, like I felt, you know, and I've enjoyed watching this team when they've had their success throughout the season so far, but being there being a part of it, like it was a big step for me is like, man, that was awesome, and I thought the Tennessee game was going to be that and you know we were wrong about that. So I guess I'm insecure because I know that it sounds like I'm giving ammunition to you know, the rivalry, and I shouldn't care about that, but you know, I know how it works, like me just being excited talking up Louisville Clemson tonight, Louisville playing an unranked team, Louisville being a bubble team, They're probably not being anywhere close to a sellout, and yet I'm this excited, Like I know people are like, wow, that's that's sad. Can you believe what's happened, Like, no, none of us can jackass. Nobody would have believed that the program would have gone through the last few years had you told us ten fifteen years ago, like nobody would have believe you. But it happened. What do you want us to do? I mean, so I'm just gonna be me and be giddy like a schoolboy and be excited because I think the momentum and the vibes, the energy is great right now with Louisville basketball. And if that continues, which I think Pat Kelsey's shown that he should be able to have success here. If this continues, then then I think you'll start to get Louisville basketball really commanding attention around here like it once did. But it's natural, it's it's it should have been expected to have a little bit of a slow, gradual build back up whenever you had the stretch that you had that you know, I'd like to pretend never happened. But man, in a weird way, and again this is where I feel like I'm I'm talking to like a psychologist or something, or a therapist. You know. I thought the new energy, the new life, the excitement that comes with it would make me just kind of forget about. Like Kenny Payne, I would find myself thinking, Oh, there's no way that happened, right, like clearly, I mean, look at this, these guys are playing their ass off, They're playing hard, they got a good coach out there. This is awesome. Like it would make me I assumed had this if you had told me this was going to play out the way that they did, I would have assumed that I would have been somewhat in disbelief that we went through what we went through. But in fact, I'm actually reminded of it all the time because if there's anything that I can take from it is it's made me appreciate things that I honestly probably never appreciate. Right Like I was, I was growing up in the nineties with Denny's teams. In the nineties it was hit or miss, and the teams that I idolized, you know, weren't elite. I mean the team that I fell in love with that I became obsessed with, where I first got the itch and I was hooked was the nineteen ninety seventeen with Dwan Weed and Alvin Simms, Bozac Smith, PJ. Flynn, Damien Danzler. I mean that was that was my squad, and I love those guys, love that team. I cried when they lost. I was I was obsessed. So I was so young, I didn't I knew they were good, but like I didn't, I wouldn't pay attention to what seed they were. I was eight years old, so I didn't really you know, I didn't really care at that age, like good or bad. I just loved him, right, Like Moose is just now and he's smarter than I was. I guess, but he's four and he now knows like, hey, dad, did we win or we lose? I don't just care that we I don't care that we played. We need to win go cards, like we need the go cards to win. So, you know, I when I became sort of I guess, you know, a college basketball super fan rather than just a Louisville basketball super fan. From then on, a down year for me was Louisville like maybe missing the tournament, Denny's last year, which was terrible, that kind of stuff. So I was spoiled to where again like I never I never had to really appre like things that were just a given and were the obvious. I just it was you know, you could do that, like you could beat teams about fifty in the non conference portion of your schedule and and still think, okay, are we need good or not? Well, then you know what happened the last few years. It was just a much different, much different world. So a lot of college basketball games. Tonight, Kentucky taken on Georgia. Let me double check here to see if there's any update, and this spread, uh, Kentucky was favored by two and a half their first SEC road game, coming off a big win. In fact, now it's down to Kentucky minus one and a half huge road win, I'm sorry, a huge home win for Kentucky against Florida. And that game reminded me of this Kentucky team and where they're the most dangerous. And there are teams out there that want to do what their opponent wants to do because they're alike, meaning they realize the best version of ourself is when we are doing this. It just so happens that this team we play, they're in the same boat, meaning the best version of themselves is also doing what we want to do. And what I'm talking about is possessions. Kentucky is they're most dangerous a legitimate national championship contender when they're playing anybody that I've seen in college basketball where they want to go possession for possession and just you know, it's that it's played that fast because Kentucky is really efficient in that area. Now again, they're going to have nights where they want to do that and maybe they're missing shots, but you know, they've got Kobe Brea who can put on a performance like he did against Florida in any moment and it's not a shocker. He's that's a weapon. They've got other guys that aren't maybe elite shooters, but if the game's played fast, they're getting good looks in transition. Andrew Carr spotting up, he'll knock it. Louisville fans learn firsthand Lamont Butler he can get hot and make three point shots too. So the two teams I think are alike, where Kobe Bray is probably the best shooter in the country, to be honest with you, and I don't. I think his performance recently kind of confirms that. So he's the one guy they have that's just like the guy that you know can get hot and change a game. By himself. Louisville has that in rain Smith. I'm not putting rain on Kobe Bray's level yet, but Rain Smith's the same guy, like he could get hot and make four in a row and nobody's shocked. Like he's the guy that. Twice this year I've seen it. Timeouts are called and the opposing coach is in one of his players grill because he's in disbelief that they let rain Smith get open in transition because he's that he's on the scouting report as that. But everybody else to play for both teams, you got guys that can knock it, but it's just you know, they may have off nights and like that's not a shocker. So this Kentucky team, I mean, if you Clemson, who over a place tonight. Clemson clearly slowed Kentucky down and did a good job of not letting Kentucky dictate pace and style, And that didn't guarantee they'd win, but it gave them a much better chance at knocking them off. And I think Florida is a team against Kentucky on Saturday. They feel like, hey, why would we like we're the better team, right, I mean they thought they were, and we know they want to do what we want to do, but we feel like we're better equipped to do it. And maybe if they played ten times, Florida wins more than five. I don't know, but it's just if you're going to play Kentucky, you're going to challenge them to play a style that you know they prefer and that they're at their best, their ceiling is the highest. You got to be prepared to have that happen to you, like what happened on Saturday. When this can I mean, we pull it up here because I'm pretty sure I don't remember the final score. Did Kentucky score one hundred? Let me see here? Yeah, Kentucky, Yeah, one hundred and six to one hundred. So they gave up a lot of points, but again and then they were in control for the majority of the second half. So you know, Florida probably would would overall view their performance as far as the numbers. If they wanted to just nerd out on the numbers. They probably feel pretty good about what they did, but they played a team that in fact is better at doing that than them. Probably a rare situation for them, to be honest with you, So for Georgia tonight, they're I mean, I'm surprised, I'm not going to touch it, but wouldn't you I mean, again, we may just block out and go off the air by saying this, But Austin, don't you think Kentucky minus one and a half is like such an obvious play here? I'm not betting it, and I hope that they get killed. But like I just think, you know, watching ball here, like I think, I think Kentucky george is not viewed as one of the big atmospheres on the road in the SEC and basketball. Georgia they only win, they have a good win against Saint John's, But if you're paying attention Rick Patino, you know he's a bubble team right now when it comes to the resume. So I don't know, I don't know enough about Georgia to to just say, like, I guarantee Kentucky crushes them, But I just don't really know what the only thing that could make this matchup. And again I'm saying this more so to compliment Kentucky than saying Georgia stinks. But knowing what I know about both teams, I just can't really think of what odds makers here are or the books are thinking that would make this like a that close of a game. I think Kentucky minus like four and a half would be more of like an appropriate line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Georgia just kind of got the well, they got finished off by Old Miss this last weekend, and I think that they were only.
Speaker 2: Four ports were fifty one points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe I think they might have been if I can't remember four, maybe they might have been ten point underdogs. But it was a very close because I took Georgia to cover and then they just ended up getting blown out in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Georgia right now is fiftieth in the in the Ken Palm, and again they do have a good win against Saint John's, but it's not as good as you probably think. And Ole Miss and you may one by twelve Marquette, that's their other laws, so they're twelve and two. I mean, I don't want act like they're a bad team, trust me. I know that the SEC's loaded this year, and even the bad SEC teams will probably probably be pretty good in most other leagues. But I just you know, I would love to to figure if somebody's like hammering Georgia here and they're not a Georgia fan. I would love to get your reasoning. And again I'm not asking somebody to call in and tell me, but like I just from a basketball perspective, I would love to hear somebody give me the case as to why Georgia would you know? Again, Kentucky can play poorly and lose to a lot of teams because they're right now at their best based off of like the style they play in what they do more so than like just having god given talent. They can go out there and play poorly and still win because they're just that much better than their opponents. That's not how this Kentucky teams build. But you know, maybe I'm just getting caught up in how well Kentucky played against Florida and that's a monster win for him because playing on the road in the SEC you know, I guess it depends on where you are. Maybe I'll be completely wrong, because I just imagine there's not in a whole lot of momentum for Georgia basketball right now. But maybe I'm wrong. We shall see. All right, let's take our first break here in the five o'clock hour. We'll keep it rolling along here I don't know if you guys have heard about that lawsuit that was filed by a former makeup artist for Fox Sports who has filed a lawsuit against Joey Taylor Skip Bayless, the president I believe of Fox Sports, and it's a juicy, juicy story when it comes to the details, and I get why it's a big deal for a variety of reasons, but I kind of feel like it's got to I kind of feel like we're gonna later learn that this lawsuit is thrown out, and like some of it's just like, as much as you want to criticize some of the things that are alleged in this lawsuit, and certainly not a good look if it's true, why would you be able to sue? I know you can sue for anything, but like the scenario where Fox gets buried here, I don't really know if that's going to play out, but we can certainly talk about it. Speaking of like juicy, wild raunchy, there's a Jerry Springer documentary that came out on Netflix and I cannot wait to watch it. That's my that's that's my. Whenever my wife and I were in the stages of dating, if we can call it that. We were going out in middle school. That's what we called it. We were going together. We were yeah, we know, I'm not that old bro. We were going out. I asked her out on AOL and Sea Messenger and we became an item. But like we would we would talk on We would talk on our our house phones not you know, we didn't have cell phones back then. And we would sometimes stay up and watch Jerry Springer like together like that, you know, we would be on the phone, she beat her house, be at my house and we'd watched Jerry Springer and like, realize how wild the world was? That is Jerry Springer. So that's great. Way we have to watch it. Oh yeah, I can't wait. It's on Netflix. So we'll finish strong here. At least we'll try. We'll give it our best effort. Stick with us right here at Coffee and Company. Fuel by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. I think it's pretty obvious that people love drama and controversy, scandal. I mean, you don't like to be involved in it esecially if it's a bad look for you, But it's it's kind of like a car wreck where if it's bad. People can't get enough of it. They want to read details, and I don't. I guess that's just how we're wired. Sobolutely. I think Fox Sports, which I'll be honest with you, I've always I've always felt like Fox Sports does a good job when it comes to production with their live daily sports talk shows. I mean, clearly, they do a lot of the same stuff that ESPN does, and I think they've got some pretty good resources. I think they've got some talented people that do a good job when it comes to whatever this is, sports, media, entertainment, whatever you want to call it. The roundtable shows, that kind of stuff. Colin I think is you know, an acquired taste. But I clearly I am aware of how talented he is and biovery metric. He's one of the best that's ever done this. So they just don't get as much love because they're they're not maybe ever going to be where people just turn to when I'm when I say Fox, I'm mean FS one because he ha, of course that's all they do sports. But Fox. You know, there's Fox News, there's Fox affiliates of course, like WDRB here in town. But FS one is where all of their sports content lives twenty four to seven, and it's just still not a natural thing for people who are like me. They just consume sports to wear. Hey, there's nothing on I'm gonna throw on. I'm gonna throw it on FS one to watch Colin, you know what I mean. Like, I just don't think many people do that. And there's not as many games on FS one either, so it's just not They just don't get the same viewership that ESPN does and they probably never will. But I've always felt like, you know, despite that, they do a pretty good job, and I'm always reminded by that whenever I consume any of their stuff. I think their college basketball coverage is really good. So I bring all this up to say that I feel like this lawsuit that became news the last couple of days, it's probably more than these people have been talked about, like maybe ever. Like Joy Taylor is a known person within sports media for a variety of reasons. She works on a platform like Fox Sports. You see her on her own show on FS one, she was a part of Colin Show for quite some time, and also she's a very attractive woman like that also is a factor too, So, you know, Joy Taylor's a known person. But unfortunately for her, or maybe she doesn't care, I don't know, she's probably getting more discussion right now among sports fans and of course the Internet than she ever has, you know, and I think it speaks to how distant they probably are from the four letter network, but also that this kind of stuff will get attention more so than any take you give about a football player or a basketball team, that kind of stuff. So here's what's out there. The lawsuit is, it was followed last week, and it accuses three different defendants. Actually I'm not sure if there's three there, maybe more, but it's exec executive vice president of content at Fox Charlie Dixon Skip Bayless. Of course, I'm sure you guys are familiar with he recently left to Fox Sports. Maybe this was a factor in that. And also Joy Taylor, who had mentioned so front Front Office Sports. They're the ones who first reported on this lawsuit, and they they have all the details. And here's what is alleged. There's a former makeup artist, is a makeup artist or a makeup person. I feel like I'm disrespecting that that that career, that that occupation, and I know it's very important and they're very good at what they do, so I don't want to do I don't I'm not meaning, I'm just I don't wear makeup. I probably could use it, but probably look better. So I don't know what it's called. But someone who was some I mean, help me out here, Austin. If you work for a company and you're doing the makeup for the talent on TV, are you a makeup artist? Is that I feel like I'm I feel like I'm making up that title. But is that a thing? I guess?
Speaker 3: I guess so, like if you're on a set like that, you're definitely part of the hair and makeup team, and I guess you're a technical job would be called I.
Speaker 2: Know you're you're important, but I just I feel like, you know, there's certain In fact, there's a lot of there's a lot of professions out there, gigs if you will that they like to be called something, but if they're called something else, they're not going to be happy. Like for example, by saying makeup artist, I feel like, you know, that could be the right way to do it, or it's I could be basically doing the same things when you call a pipe fit or a plumber. You're likely going to get punched in the mouth by some blue collar guy who doesn't take that well and he thinks it's disrespect. So no disrespect to the makeup industry. I just don't know exactly what the title is. We'll roll with that. But she filed a lawsuit last week alleging that the executive vice president of Content Dixon grabbed her her ear end at a birthday party in West Hollywood during her time there. She no longer works for FS One by the Way or Fox, and she also said she relayed that encounter to joe Taylor, and Joey Taylor allegedly told her like, get over it, deal with it, that kind of thing, and she was bothered by that. So after starting work on the Undisputed Morning Show with Skip Bayless, the suit alleges that Skip began giving this woman lingering hugs and kisses on the cheek while putting his body against hers and pressing against her her chesticles if you will. The single mother alleges in her lawsuit that she repeatedly told Bayliss she was not interested in him and did not quote date at work. She also claims she told Bayliss she was suffering from ovarian cancer after developing issues with her left ovary in an effort to halt his advances. Instead, Bayliss became more aggressive over the years. According to the suit, he allegedly offered her one point five million dollars to have sex with him and claimed he could quote change her life. The suit also claims Bayless accused her of sleeping with Shannon Sharp, his co star on Undisputed. So when it comes to Bayless, I mean, that's that's that's not a good look. You're a creep at work, according to these allegations, and that's we'll get into the other part of this lawsuit, but that that's the first red flag to me that this can't be real. I know Skip's got money and ain't none for Skip to drop a bag, Yeah, he ain't paying one. Who's there? Who would you? One million? Like one million dollars would have to be like a penny to you for you to pay, I mean, paying to have sex with anybody to me would be the most like humiliating thing in the world. Not to say, like you know, I mean that's just for my personal appearance. If I ever needed to pay a woman to want to have, you know, relations with me. It would make me feel like I'm like, I'm you know, it's your last resort. Yeah, but all I mean, one of it would it would be gross. It would just be like, you know, I can't relate. But even if like I was in that world of like, yeah, that's what we do now. If we want to hook up with women, we pay them, Like I'm sure, I mean clearly, that is a world where women probably make a lot of money doing that. And hey, if you're cool with it, find by me. You do you, But nobody's paying one point five million to have sex with anybody, Like I don't care rich you are. That makes no sense, Like that makes like that's where if you were going to try to like embellius, you embellished way too much because that just doesn't like that just can't be real. Like he could be a ten times bigger creep than any of these allegations tell us. But that's where I just there's no there's no way like that anybody would would do that. So maybe it was just him talking, or maybe she made it up and exaggerated. I don't know, But anyways, one week later after he offered, you know, to change her life and said he'd pay her one point five mil to to knock boots. She she says that he made another advance at her, and she responded by saying, Skip, stop, you have a wife. Bayliss responded, aren't you Muslim? Doesn't your dad have three to four wives? So she responded that her father was dead, and mister Baylis looked taken, looked at look taken, aback. She made an excuse to leave. So that's what we know about the lawsuit and what they what she alleges against Skip Bayless. Now, but Joy Taylor again, if what is alleged, I get why people would say that's a bad look, and I you know, I mean, I get it, but what in this law like, I just don't understand why Joey Taylor can be sued for this because what she's being accused of is basically no longer being friends with this woman because she clearly they weren't on the same page as far as how to deal with I guess horned up dudes at work. I don't know. But it says here that meanwhile, the suit alleges Taylor began insulting this makeup artist on a personal and professional level after their friendship ended. The suit also alleges that Taylor mocked the English pronunciation of this woman's last name, who is of Persian descent. So the lawsuit claims that Joey Taylor, essentially, I guess, slept her way to the top. There's accusations of affairs or just flings. I guess with manual acho is it ho? Or I don't can't I ever get yeah aho. So you know, I don't think. I don't think Shannon Sharp is included in this as far as any allegy, he's not. He's not one of the people that's getting sued. But you know, long story short, this this woman is alleging that she's she's owed something because she was mistreated at work for sexual harassment with Skip Bayless and of course the vice president of content who allegedly grabbed her butt. And you know that you know clearly that that that's an issue. Like if what if in a world where what she said about Skip and the VP of content is true Charlie Dixon, then then they're in trouble. I mean, it's doesn't work there anymore. So you know, if he's being sued individually, then I guess he'll have to he'll have to pay out, he'll have to pay if if he's if he's found to be you know, in the wrong here, and she wins her lawsuit. But what i'd like the Joy Taylor stuff, Like it's easy to you know, make her a bigger talking point because here's what happens. Nobody's surprised when dudes are like that. I hate that, but like they shouldn't be like that. Most I would assume are not pervs and creeps. But the shock value for people when they found out somebody got a little too horned up at work and did something they shouldn't do. The shock level for that is really low, right, I mean I hate to say that, but come on, like, let's just be honest here. It shouldn't be condoned, it should be reported, all that stuff. But it's not something you're like, oh, I couldn't believe it. Although I am somebody that I guess is naive to where I just assume that people that have great positions, you know, like being Skip Bayless, a loud mouth that is paid a lot of money to you know, be a loud mouth, pretty good gig if you can get it, say things you don't even believe, but just you know, give the most outrageous take just because it'll get attention. Vice President of the Content at Fox Sports. I would imagine that's a pretty prominent position for Charlie Dixon. I just live in a world where I give people to benefit the doubt for not being dumbasses, not being ignorant, to thinking that they won't get caught, thinking to where it won't like really thinking, yak, probably I could probably do this or do that and get away with it, But man, is it worth it? Because all it takes is me getting out it or getting caught, and it could ruin my life, ruin my family's life, or you know, I could just get caught being a creep and I don't want to do that. So I'm always a little hesitant to believe a lot of this stuff. But I've learned over the years I shouldn't give these people the benefit of it out because you know, what I've realized is i've gotten older. It's not about being like relatable, you know, it's it's it. You know, these people don't operate like average joes because they're not. They're they're like, they're not they don't have the awareness because they're in a different world when it comes to like who they are, Like I don't want to say they're different humans, but they're different, you know. They just it's they cannot relate to the average person that is oftentimes realizing thinking about like should I do this? Should I do that? Like when you are successful, wealthy, in a prominent position, and that's a position that you've established for yourself for quite some time, I think it would be easy to just get caught up and like, yeah, I can do anything because I'm I'm such and such. So the dude stuff, I don't know if it's true or not. But Joy Taylor became the biggest talking point because she's very attractive and it's a juicy story. Wow, she was hooking up with stars of these Fox shows. She was cool with being I guess potentially groped by the VP of content like her coworker, because she knew that if she I guess was willing, yeah, willing to play the game, then she could professionally benefit from it. You know, Like that wouldn't be a shock at all if that's true. But that's not something you can be suit for. Is it, like, what could she at the end of the day, what she's accused of doing to where like this woman has a claim is that she was mean to her, they stopped being friends like that, That's not all I mean would what would Joey Taylor owe this woman other than maybe an apology for being mean to her and not being her friend anymore and telling her that she had no sympathy for her allegedly. Again, I'm not saying I'm not defending joe Taylor as if what she did is great and everybody should do it. I just don't think it's something that like she can be held accountable for with a lawsuit. But again, I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know. But and the thing is, it's a big It's one of the big stories out there right now, right You're seeing it everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's everywhere. And the memes have been funny. I'm sorry, I'd hate to make you a light of situation like that, but we're a part of meme days and social media, so those are always funny and seeing the comments section the things. But skip There's an interesting quote here from Stephen A. Smith where he said I've known quote, I've known Skip for twenty five years, and I can't imagine it. I can't imagine especially when they brought up one point five million Skip Bayless that I know has a hard time giving away fifteen dollars and that makes sense. And also Skip Bayless kind of has a hot wife. There's always Ernest Stein. They're always talking about her. She's always brought up as like a wholesome individual and as weird as Skip Bayless can be, I'm also seeing that as a hard time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, he's a little off, but one thing that became a really so when Skip and stephen A were together, I don't remember, really, I never cared enough to to do a whole lot of looking into it. I'm not I don't. I don't consume either of their shows and didn't when they were together, and I don't now. I was a huge fan of First Take, but it's just, you know, it's just not really my cup and see and I see that for what it is, and not to act like I'm on a different level than other sports fans to where like but like they don't believe a lot of the things they say. I don't think they're there to not be right or break news. They're there to entertain there, that's their job. So the more outlandish they are, the more people are going to want to clown them, the more people are good. Like, is it Skip that hates Lebron? Yes, yes, Skip's like the old time Lebron hater and he likes and he likes the Cowboys. Yeah, so you know, if the Cowboys suck, then people are going to want to be or want to be locked in and to see what Skip passes. Yeah, and if Lebron tanks or he does is phenomenal, you want to hear the reaction because he'll find a way no matter what to doubt Lebron or he'll you know, be there to dance on his grave and put on a good performance doing so. So like it's just a never ending cycle and it works these guys, these guys aren't making this money.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: US Austin. Are you in a neighborhood Facebook group?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not the current one I live in. It's one where I still live with my parents because it's like the German town.
Speaker 2: Okay Facebook group so I stay close to that. Is it a real treat, Yes, absolutely that. The last few days have been fun, so I it's one of the best things Facebook has. In all honesty, it is valuable to have that platform there to get updates, like if somebody said, hey, just found out you know, the trash won't be running waste maned Like there's value in having sort of, you know, a community forum where people can talk about things going on in the neighborhood. But there's also you know, like there's occasionally stuff that's that's out there that I just think like, wow, okay, that's what you that's what you thought was necessary to share in here, So I kind of can't get enough of it. People also kind of get passive aggressive, and sometimes there's comment fights with with people, and it's just the neighborhood that I'm in now, it's it's much more mild than it's it's used like ninety nine percent of the time in a good way. Where I used to live, it was like we had some real drama with the HOA president getting voted out, and it was real personal and it didn't impact me in any way, but it was it was kind of fun to watch that drama. But I'm in one now that is in the This isn't necessarily my neighborhood, but it's more of, like I guess, my community. It's it's the Zonting message board group, which I joined, and it somebody's just posted who is slash was the idiot sitting on the edge of zoning east of stave Mille Road, Like they just throw that out there, that's it, as as as a new post within the message board here on Facebook for the community. And I'm so tempted to just write it was me, come do something about it, Like I don't even know what what he but like this could be fun, right, Like of course, I mean maybe I end up you know, maybe I end up learning that I shouldn't, you know, mess with me. But like I just again, like Facebook, I just I see things on there at times, and I'm like, what would lead someone to bring that opinion here? You know, like, what what what are we doing here? It's not a picture of your car too, is it? Or is it just the post? Oh no, no, they're not even talking about me. Oh okay, that would be great though if it was you. No, no, yeah, I didn't think about that, but no, it wasn't. It was no, I'm out of the way. Therefore, and again this that this is more for probably five ish neighbor hoods that are all kind of in the same Kennedy. And then there's areas out here that are not in a neighborhood, just people who've got homes and a bunch of land and all that kind of stuff. So uh I, but here here's the thing, like this, this is probably not a good thing for me to admit, but I'm just gonna be honest, like I don't know who he's talking about or what this even means, but I'm gonna be checking in on this post every now and then to see if anybody figured out, like who the idiot allegedly was, and like what happened, Like are we going to get a fight here? Like what's but I mean, he didn't even accuse or say anything was wrong. He just wanted to know who the idiot was that was sitting Are we talking about sitting in a car? They sitting on the ground, Like it's just it's wild. But the first comment is from an older woman. Well I don't know how she old she is. Actually I shouldn't say that because I she may be listening. I'm not sure, but they just responded I don't know, I don't know. And the discourse on those are hilarious. Yeah, one person just has question marks asking, But you know, it's just it's an interesting place.
Speaker 3: The comment section has become the greatest of all things on social media.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt about it, No doubt about it. And I uh, I guess it's really just like for me, if I'm ever gonna, like really feel the need to let out something that I want people to know how I feel, and I don't have this platform like I usually will, you know, i'll tweet something. I don't do it as much as I used to, But like, if Austin wants to remind people that Noah Waterman's going proing something besides basketball, where's he going to send that energy Twitter? Right, right? Because that's that toxic space. So that's just kind of how it how it is going to engagement. Yeah. Yeah, so I guess maybe like what they would say the same thing about us doing that on Twitter, but they do it on Facebook about nonsports stuff. Because again, I'm just trying to like I'm trying to think, like, Okay, what would lead you to think that your anger, your concern, your issue with this. I mean it's one thing of like you're like, hey, because for example this, I still would never do it because I just would. It's just not me. But we've got people kids sledding in certain areas and they're ending up kind of finishing their their ride down a hill, sliding into somebody's property, right, probably not harming anything or causing any damage. But as a homeowner, property owner, if a kid gets hurt doing something on your property, you could be found, you know, so you know, you just gotta be you gotta be careful. So like that's a legitimate thing where you're telling people, hey, I know the kids wanna wanna sled but can please make sure they stay, you know, in certain areas because I don't want somebody to get hurt and you know us not be there that kind of stuff. So like that that's where Okay, I still would have a hard time doing that, But like I get it, that's not like crazy to throw out there, but the whole like, hey, who was out there on the road the other day, who's that dumb ass? Like I just I just I don't know where that comes from. Why they bring it to Facebook, but I'm kind of here for it. So good stuff, all right, we're out of time, you guys, have a good evening. Let's go cars. Let's hope they can get this win tonight, and we're back at it to talk about whatever it is that happens to me alright here on Sports Talk seven ninety