Speaker 1: Oh that sounds feels so good, don't it. News Radio eight forty w h as March Mayhem with Marty book from Earl Books, Carriage Forward. It's best by a country mile. Nothing better than the greatest truck of all time, which is the F one fifty my dream truck. Marty. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great today.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: You know we've been doing this a long long time and I've never seen you hit yourself in the face with your microphone.
Speaker 1: That's good, it just happened, Okay, So I'm just going to hold it until we get to break it, all right. So, yes, but you've been with us for many, many years for this day. We did the mob So we're gonna have to fit in all of our stupidity in just one hour.
Speaker 2: We can do it.
Speaker 1: We can do it. Kinder Caskins, speaking of stupidity. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: Yes better looking in person than he is on TV, by god, Folks.
Speaker 1: Listen, I watched Wave three. This happens all the time when I'm watching and I text you all.
Speaker 3: It happens the consummate professional, Tony Vannetti.
Speaker 1: He breaks his microphone right the top of the show. Uh okay, So Kendrick, where were you this weekend? And then are you going to travel with any of the teams? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Yes, as we could check you.
Speaker 3: I was down in Nashville until they lost it, and then I came home and I will go with them to the walk.
Speaker 1: When they were walking out of that game, I bet that no one was expecting that just blowout.
Speaker 3: Yeah they were not that bad, but to them for them to lose without Butler against that team, yeah, wasn't that way for surprise, But the way they just felled apart in the second half was.
Speaker 1: Of course a former Afternueon Underdog with me, Dave Jennings, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into this. My three top lines. Storylines the obvious. The optics are awful. I thought CBS did a terrible job handling it completely. North Carolina gets in the the the the athletic director, which by the way, does not look like a Bubba that I grew up. That's not bubba. He is the affactory for North Carolina as the head of this committee. That is a awful look. And that they got in I'll start to my left. Kendrick Kaskin's North Carolina in. How is that possible? And how bad does it look?
Speaker 3: It's a very bad look when you have the athletic director that's the chairman of the board, and then they they're wont it.
Speaker 4: Well, they won to twelve and quad one quad one games.
Speaker 3: They played a lot of people, but they've beaten nobody.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any sense for them to get in.
Speaker 3: So I know a lot of people around here arguing about Indiana should have gotten in over them. The team that should be the most irritated is Boise State. Oh look at their record. They're like twenty four and ten or something like that, and they didn't make it in. But North Carolina gets in in the playing game. And I was watching Seth Greenberg this morning.
Speaker 4: I agree with him.
Speaker 3: They don't deserve to be it, but they can get it, and they can win a couple of these game games. They can win that playing game, and they can win their first round game. So uh uh, North Carolina they play let me see, I'm glancing at the glancing at.
Speaker 4: My bracket real quick. They are see they play.
Speaker 3: San Diego State first, and then there will be the eleventh seed, and so they would get Old Miss Ole.
Speaker 4: Miss, and they could beat Old Miss.
Speaker 3: I don't think they will, but I mean because Ole Miss is like so hit or miss this season kind of like Tony's microphone right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I can tell you. Guys have been around each other a lot. He is so O c D. This is killing him right now. I mean, I mean he is. Did you get it? Man? He's Everybody say a prayer for Tony right now, because.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm gonna go Dave next, because I think you're gonna have some emotional issues with this.
Speaker 5: So apparently there's a new metric.
Speaker 6: Called the WAB WAB Wins above Bubble, which is supposed to quantify how many more or less wins a team against its schedule versus what a bubble.
Speaker 5: Team would expect to have against the same schedule. Whatever the hell that means.
Speaker 6: At UNC, UNC is number one in the WAB who should be ticked as West Virginia. West Virginia has six quad one wins. They said all your star players hurt. Four of those quad one wins came when he was out. North Carolina has one quad one win. West Virginia has six, and they sit while Carolina dances.
Speaker 1: Dave also has I remember when North Carolina got off the hook for all of that cheating twenty years of academic twenty years of academic fraud that happened to include two basketball national championships, and weren't touched. And of course Dave Jennings and his Florida State seminals were smacked so many times for much lesser, much lesser stupid issues. So everyone has a beef with North Carolina. And now we'll get to Marty book from Earl Books, Carriage Force A slight IU fan, Uh take it from the top.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you guys, for one thing, the optics thing is one hundred percent home run. You can't look any dumber than the NCAA DOUBLEA looked yesterday. You cannot show your butt as much as NCAA did yesterday. Okay, this crap about him stepping out of the room, I consider us friends. Okay, if I've stepped out of the room and there was a vote on whether I could come back, you guys would probably vote me in, right, I would think, Yeah, Okay, just because he's stepping out the damn room, that don't mean nothing. That means nothing. He's the chairman of the thing, right, you know, so just that's hogwashed. So it's just it's crazy to listen to. It's crazy for them to try to sell it. Nobody's gonna buy. Absolutely not. Now. Secondly to your wanting about West Virginia Boise State, I agree, Indiana deserves to be in this tournament. I think it was seven quad seven seven, Yeah, seven quad one wins. North Carolina's one in twelve and quad one wins. I don't know what the hell of wabble is or what that's that's a new one on me or whatever. You got to produced a four seed. I was at that game. Indiana kicked their butt. You got Maryland as a force seed that was at that game. Indiana counter but it's Michigan State. Now, you explain, explain this to me. If North Carolina belongs to the tournament, U of L should be no higher than a four seed. Yeah right, those two don't measure up. Okay, one of them is just made up. And what is made up is Carolina an excuse and the wabble or whatever. But this is absolutely boils down to is the ad for North Carolina. That's it. Don't try to sell it. Any other way, because that's what it is.
Speaker 3: And you know, you kind of saw it coming about a month ago when North Carolina was projected in the tournament ahead of u of L, like all through the month of February, so we should have seen it coming. But it's still when once it gets there in the reality hits you in the face.
Speaker 1: It's just like, Wow, here's the thing. If you are if you choose to say yes, I will be head of this committee, then I think you should be able that you should know that at that point, if your team is on the bubble, your team doesn't get in, your team better play. If you're going to be the president that year, your team better play lights out because if it is on the bubble, then you're gone.
Speaker 2: You have to be out.
Speaker 1: You have to say I'm sorry, my team's not getting in because I'm the president. That's the risk you take if you're going to play president that year. Am I am? I off base there?
Speaker 3: That's a total conflict of interesting absolutely every.
Speaker 4: Form of fact.
Speaker 3: No aad should be the chairman of the board for the NCAA Tournament Committee, none of them. That should be an outsourced job, be a job of somebody who is involved in the In the game itself.
Speaker 2: I've always sad, you know, with the way the football did it. I kind of had issues, you know, was Conna Lisa Rice deciding who the four people is?
Speaker 1: That was one of the dumbest things. Okay, that committee, the committee committee, right.
Speaker 2: So so do you get But does it need to be there should not be anybody with any affiliation to any college that's on that board, right, none?
Speaker 4: Conda Lisa Rice makes more assise than he does. She does, she does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's one smart woman. I mean so, but I'm just saying, is that you can't You just can't do this, man. I mean, it's this here, this is a state. I've been pissed off the NCAA before. This one's really got me.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that we were and we're going to get to Louisville. But the next one we'll do this. We'll go around the horn here. We'll start with Dave Jennings. Fourteen teams from the SEC uh many. You know, they are the best league in the country. There's no question about that. They are top to bottom. Talent, awesome talent, best coaching, got it. A lot of articles written today going I love the SEC, but no team should ever be fourteen? Is there? Are there?
Speaker 5: Are there?
Speaker 2: Other?
Speaker 1: Are there? Other things in play? Why they got so many and solidified like Olburn number one overall seed, dropping three of the last four Dave.
Speaker 6: They're just the darlings, they said, Okay, they're so much better than every other conference. They just beat up on each other. That's why Kentucky can lose eleven games and still be a three seed. Kentucky's net ranking is fourteen. Louisvill's net ranking is twenty four, which puts them on the sixth line, and they.
Speaker 5: Get an eight seed.
Speaker 6: And Villanova, based on the way they played down the stretch used to be like last ten games. That kind of thing changes every year. Villanova shouldn't be in there. I'm not sorry Villanova. Vanderbilt, No, yeah, and they don't care anyway.
Speaker 3: Right, but they got that win against Tennessee, that win against Kentucky at home, and I mean, I know we're talking about Louis a little bit later, but that's what happened with Clemson.
Speaker 4: They beat Kentucky and they beat Duke.
Speaker 3: At home, and that faulted them ahead of it.
Speaker 1: I think that when you start to go down that path and they're in the room and they're like, guys, we have fourteen SEC teams like we we've got it. We've got to rethink this.
Speaker 3: Especially when Texas gets in at nineteen and fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to rethink this thing.
Speaker 2: Texas does not blow whatsoever. I mean, that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's a lot of times when that happens. It happened in twenty eleven, the ACC got or twelve in Yeah, dude, what's happening here?
Speaker 6: Also lost is SEC teams are getting more credit for losing to each other. Yes, and Louisville got for winning ACC games.
Speaker 3: It's the same in football. It's football all over again. Yeah, same thing with football with.
Speaker 1: The sc Okay so SEC it's done. Now they're going to eliminate themselves because they've got to play in the second round. Now for a lot of these times, if they make it out. If they make it out, but be wary. The ACC most pulver twenty eleven. Everybody lost, but Yukon UKHN won the whole thing. But so be careful what you wish for there that that's going to be a problem. University of Louisville fighting Cardinals again.
Speaker 6: NET twenty four should be a sixth seed by that right, are an eight, but they're close to home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so let's get into it. Last night, I haven't watched this selection shown quite some time. Obviously, I'm a I'm a Louisville fan. Everybody knows that. I think we were all shocked. Like Jackie and I, we had our laptops up, we were ready to rock, and we were not. It was the third name, right, It was like did he? And they? I was like, was that Lowell? And then we said eight seed? And then you saw the coach, Pat's reaction. He stood right up and looked right in the back of the room like what is that read first initial reaction and then your thoughts Marty book.
Speaker 2: First initial reaction, I thought it was unbelievable. Now you're right, it's so early. And I didn't have, obviously any knowledge of anything else that was going to go on. So I was like, you know what you know on your seat belt because right now that this is going to get interesting if Louisville's an eight, because there's just no way six it would be minimum for me.
Speaker 6: Dave, I think and Clemsons of five and Louisville beat him twice, right and finished ahead of them in the conference exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's just no rhyme. There's a few misjustices in this thing. But the season that Louisville had.
Speaker 1: It's the most egregious, is it not for the whole tournament?
Speaker 4: I think so outside of Carolina being right.
Speaker 2: That in Carolina is the two things. I mean, there's you can't put them together. That's that was my first thing I told my wife as soon as it was old with I said, how does Carolina get in and you make a Louisville and eight? You know, if you're gonna let them in, they're at least a six Kendrick Haskins are.
Speaker 1: They're not still? Are these is the instantly be still holding on to the sins of the father?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because at the same time, while yeah, they didn't get hold with that ac they.
Speaker 4: Are playing in Lexingon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's true.
Speaker 3: So there is that part of it, and so and and Marty Susan I saw the little guy an a C.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, Indiana's out as soon as I saw it, right.
Speaker 3: And it can and you know grow growing up here Washington, uf L is always the last bracket.
Speaker 4: This reviewed That's what I guess.
Speaker 1: Happy with the women, except for yeah, two thousand and nine when they were the nomber one overall seat they were first.
Speaker 3: Right, but they all seem like they're always So when they came up first, I was like wow, that was the first thing I thought.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, they came up eight.
Speaker 3: So and then they get a Creton team, who mean, who gave Saint John's all they wanted every time they played this year they swept you. I think they I know they beat you. I think they beat you kon twice. And then when they beat them in the big Big East term because they got to revenge on them, and so they're not a slouch. No, So that's a tough team to a veteran team. They've got their guard. His name escapes me. He seems like he's been at Creighton forever. He shoots all the threes. Yeah, and he's very rain Smith, Like we need rain Smith back.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Uh, Creighton is not going to be an easy out, even if it is in Lexington.
Speaker 1: Obviously, at first I just went, oh, well they I literally was just kind of blew it off and said, well, they thought we were seven and they dropped us the line because they're keeping us home. I said, that makes sense, that's right. When it popped in my head. And then all the stats folks you know from Nick Coffee, and everybody starts pushing out, oh no, no, no, no, no no, this is one of the most egregious ever, not like that this year, but ever. And then I started to look and to take the So they're like, well, do numbers and sid but the eye test, yes, Louisville lost two games in the last three months, right, and they just weren't winning games. They were winning games by fifteen to twenty points. It wasn't like they were buzzer beating these terrible ACC teams. They were beating them. And then a lot of time the game was over, you know, early in the game, so they you know, Lorelmos cruising. So it was just like it's the eye test showed you they were beating them by ten, fifteen, and twenty points. It wasn't buzzer beaters. And then you had that unbelievable run through the ACC tournament with the last second shot in Stafford's game, he was crazy, and then beating Clemson in that football game on a basketball court, and then five scholarships players healthy, that's played three days in a row. And this little dude with this glasses that you could fit on the overnight stand, he's got him up five against Duke and half at a Duke home game. Yes, and you wereward that with an eight seed. They shame on you, because you know they all watched. Every person in that committee room watched that game. A bunch of scratch be dudes that met last summer that were down to five players exhausted. You could tell the lone players exhausted up five against the Dukes. And by the way, Dicky V, just.
Speaker 6: Know if the A c C is so terrible, why is Duke the overall two, why is Clemson of five?
Speaker 5: And why is North Carolina in.
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Yes we are thank you, Dwight. Leave it right there, please.
Speaker 7: You and I hate more than anything about this damn tournament. But those North Carolina optics and Marty.
Speaker 2: You and I hate also stupid quads, the quads, the STUDI how what number is a quad?
Speaker 7: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: We may never know, right, we may we may never know, because all right.
Speaker 1: This is the first perfect time to take a break.
Speaker 7: Yes, anybody got questions for me about.
Speaker 4: You know, just look at the light, start left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get with it. We'll keep with you. We'll be with you in the break. Thanks Buddy, Chuck Creak, Thanks Buddy. Hang on a second March Mayheim of course with Sorcerta's Taco Bar giveaway. Go to Salceritas dot com or just download the app that is Monday's March bayhem Sorcerta's Taco Bar give away and of course Marty Book from Arro Books. Carriage forward with us for the rest of the hour, hanging out with us. We'll have more talk again. We're not done with the storylines. There are plenty of them. It is a soap opera for this bracket this year, and I'm super excited. Uh.
Speaker 7: Coming up at the bottom of the hour after news what we think about the quads and the optic.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you Christian, Christian.
Speaker 7: Let me give a Kendrick Haskin News Channel up coming up after we've bought the hour, seventeen things in your kitchen that could kill you right now find out an eleven or not. But at six o'clock we'll think coming before eleven.
Speaker 1: Christian Brothers rif you go to Christian browrooofing dot com. With all those storms in southern Indiana, I know you got hit.
Speaker 4: Marty.
Speaker 1: If you've got hail, bet you got damage. Let's see if you can get you a new roof and Christian Brothers can take care of it. Two four four zero two zero eight or go to Christianbroroofing dot com. Back after this on NewsRadio forty wants.
Speaker 2: Alright, we are back here.
Speaker 1: At NewsRadio eight forty whas March mayhem a little bit. Another version of this will happen later with Nick Coffee and Terry Miners right here, so lock it in. Saucerita's Taco Bar is the giveaway today, so going by Salsatas or sauceritas dot com or download the app. And of course we're with Marty Book from Earl Books, Carriage Ford, Kendrick Haskins from Wave three, Dave Jennings and myself, Tony Venetti former Afternoon Underdog. Guys, we don't dive into a lot of the numbers here because I think that's when shows just get off the rails and no one's listening. At that point. We're going to talk about the storylines that everyone else is going to be talking about, which you'll include. What is Kentucky fan saw their bracket came out and and all of us, I think, said, oh that's that looks good for Kentucky to me in sweet sixteen and they got Tennessee.
Speaker 5: So that's one of their beatable sec two.
Speaker 1: And I texted you and I said, dude, you're my You're my big ten guy. What is tell me about Illinois that Kentucky don't know? There you go with.
Speaker 2: What they don't know for sure is they're Illinois is going to beat them, all right. They got size, they got depth, they got senior leadership, they got to transfer from the u of L's Kenrick was just talking about, you know, there's there's a few different things Illinois Illinois game transfers, meaning whatever type that you have, they can match it. They can match they can match your size, they can match your speed, they can do all those things. And I don't Kentucky three seed, congratulations, you didn't get a good spot there.
Speaker 1: Why is Illinois in that spot?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know what house Maryland and Ford in Illinois six I don't know, So.
Speaker 1: What what was Illinois seasons. From what I heard, you had said last night that they had some injuries and then now they're all one hundred. Correct.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention that, yes, they had I'm sorry for you, I know, I know, man, You're like, you're like I m at my mother's bosom. Whenever I'm around you, I am Marty books Mom's. You just make everything a lot of things they have been. They have been hurt all season, all season, and they just now got the full strength. And that's the most important part. They just now got the full strength. And I'm telling you, you know, I'm Kentucky whatever. I'm not here to be a hater or anything like that. That's a tough spot for them. That's going to be a very tough spot for them. Do we know?
Speaker 3: Any always gets in. But that's a low key home game for Illinois. Illinois not that far from Milwaukee, right, David, You lived.
Speaker 1: In Milwaukee, Yeah? I did, Walkinshaw Actually, yeah, so how far away? It's not far.
Speaker 5: I guess it's probably a six hour drive from here, right, six and a half.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, I'm talking about Illinois Illinois home game.
Speaker 2: If they can well from from Chicago to Wisconsin's like two ours, right, Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 5: Right, not even so serious? Is it going to be Katwalkie then? Is that what we're calling this?
Speaker 1: Oh god, how much Kendrick? Do you think they're still? I mean they've gone back. Kentucky fans gone back and forth from crying with passion of love to eh, it's just not our year. We just had some breaks. Where are they now? The SEC tournament was great and then it was this blowout. The look on Pope's face as he was walking off the court set it all. The demeanor in the press and the postgame was set at all. Where's the fan base now? I mean they're obviously crazy. It's a cult. God love you, I love all you all, but it is what where are they at now? You think because you were with them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they that Kentucky might be the most confusing team in the tournament because they are literally the team that could beat anybody because they have I think that's the take, and they can lose to anybody, right, And you just don't know who's gonna show up from game to game, like literally, because you don't know who's gonna be hurt or not, and everything hinges on Butler if he's gonna play, And like when he first got hurt the other night, they made it sound like this kid was gone for the season now, butracuously he's going to be back for the first game of the tournament. So I'm sure he's gonna be. He's good enough to play, But how sustainable is he? How close is he one hundred percent?
Speaker 4: He can't be.
Speaker 3: He's probably around seventy five eighty percent, I would think it best. And even when he's been back, since he came back the last time, he still wasn't himself a lot of mislayups because he can't lift his arm all the way up. He said, his arm feels fine, but but you got that big voltron shoulder bracet as you can't lift your arm all the way up. So I don't know how close to one hundred percent he's gonna be. So who's going to show up for them? Especially the big men are inconsistent. Between a Marii Williamson and Barry and Brandon Garrison, you just don't know what you're gonna get from game to game.
Speaker 1: Dave Jennings, I think any other year we do the Monday Marathon, right, wouldn't we be with Kentucky go a three seed, like we're not even We're so focused on Louisville getting screwed that, Dave, are we like we're missing I think that because they did have a tough season, so we're to give him a slide. But in normal seasons, Dave, I think we'd be going a three seed.
Speaker 5: I thought no way.
Speaker 6: I thought they were slipping toward a five, to be honest with you, the way that season ended. But they do have eleven Quad one wins. They're eleven and ten twenty one games against Quad one with eleven of those wins, I think the three is a little bit high. What do we know about Troy. Troy's coming in on a six game winning streak. They finished second in the Sun Belt. Any danger there?
Speaker 1: I know that I drive past it when driving to the beach.
Speaker 5: That big wooden horse there.
Speaker 1: If you go to the Panhandle to the right, if you go to the Panhandle, what is that road where you're through Montgomery where it looks like Dixie.
Speaker 5: Highway and you have to call the boiled Peanuts stands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just you go and there's you go, Oh, there's Troy. I do it every time going, there's Troy, yes, tournament. I'm not going to ask you about him, because that's you don't cover out any of those teams.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's hard to do that.
Speaker 1: So let's get to let's look down to the left at the bottom.
Speaker 6: Oh, we were wondering, is little Ricky going to be lined up with Louisville his former employer, Kentucky his former employer.
Speaker 5: Neither one of those Little Ricky and Cal and.
Speaker 1: Kansas is there, which is crazy. All right, right, Kendrick, my friend, let's go wait a minute, Marty, All right, buddy, as a Louisville fan, I know better than anyone else rick is is in the discussion to greatest basketball coach of all time in the college ranks. But Hal has his number, bur Well.
Speaker 2: And and here's the thing, And I remember this with Kentucky especially, uh. And you helped me with the Louisville years. You know, I'm not sure about I do remember this with Kentucky. And he might have been sure since then. One of his biggest problems was game coaching, was actual game coaching, making adjustments, game coaching, you know, whenever, especially at Kentucky, had that problem because he had a dominating team, dominating players, and he really didn't have to do that much. It's it's like the same thing. Yeah, okay, that's why I was asking, great, That's what I was gonna get to. Now, the thing that's going to help him out is the guy. If he does play Cal Cal Perry, he can't game coach at all.
Speaker 1: Right, So.
Speaker 2: That is going to be the battle of the battle of I don't know what the hell is adjustment. Who's got the best assistance between the two that's just gonna win the game?
Speaker 5: That's Cal Obviously, has Kenny Payne.
Speaker 1: Kenny won those games?
Speaker 4: No, No, I agree.
Speaker 1: Rick is the best. He prepares a basketball team better than anybody in the in the in the history of the game. There's no question about that. The second that the three teams or whatever team's popped up for him, he had. You know, he's got every forty games film and they started. I guarantee you I think he's gotten better at the x's and o's. He I think he is a better bench coach. I used to say that Denny was always the best forty minute bench coach and Rick was a better preparer. But I'm sure I think Rick's gotten better at that, and let's Kendrick the rebirth. I watched the pregame for the for the Big East Championship game, not an empty seat in Madison Square gardens, the lights, the smoke, the music, the stars. There were movie stars and celebrities and billionaires everywhere. And I said, Rick knows how to not just build a roster, he knows how to do that.
Speaker 4: Yes he can market. I mean he was on Late Night there on NBC, Yes he was, and they was just seeing Rick in a skit. It was hilarious. But the way Rick is like become everyone's uncle, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: The transformation to complete one eighty from his where his reputation was when he left here to where it is now.
Speaker 4: It's insane. It's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: It's funny to see him like this, lighter Rick Betino, because like some of these Prescotts.
Speaker 4: I'm like, who is that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: I think for as gaudy as Rick's record is overall, he's about five hundred when it comes to like one or two possession games, I believe that.
Speaker 1: I but in the he does things. And I told this story the other day when I talked to Flage the alumni group I told the Wichita story. Whether they're down twelve, and Rick looks at the bench and gets the five to eleven white guy from north Oldham that had no offers and hadn't been in games, and he calls him into the final four in front of seventy thousand people in the final four, down twelve, and puts him in the game. And Lachlan and I were watching the game together at his house and we're we were like, Rick has lost his mind. The three possessions and three three pointers. The wichitaal was born and Rick Patino, that was Rick Patino, Like that was Rick Patino.
Speaker 2: Uh So we can tell you, especially about that game, Tony, something that really special. I watched it at the Knights of Columbus and know oh manby uh I bet on which tall state to win the national championship before the turn before the season started, Right, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Right there, and Tim Henderson. You are not buying Tim Henderson a beer? Is that what you're sold?
Speaker 2: No? I remember everything about that game. I went over and got on the little kneeler in front of Mary. No, and come on.
Speaker 1: To come on, there's a point here to bring No, But I will say this when he put him in and he popped open. Rick thought, he's gonna be open, right, because they're gonna be I'm not guarding that guy. And he tim Henderson. So he pops in front of Rick and you see Rick lean in. If you watch the video, he lends in and you see him. He goes shoot it Son and he goes through there, doesn't touch the net. And then he came back and pops the same spot and you saw him. Rick says to him, shoot it again. I mean, that's that's the Rick. That's Rick Patino that everybody loves. But the building of the crazy that that at Madison Square Gardens. It's not just the building of a roster. He builds the program at some point at the young center of the crazy. Money the money, the money, the money.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he spike game.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Rick is great for pulling somebody off the bench that you're not expecting. Parent Johnson tells the best story.
Speaker 4: Oh, they are.
Speaker 3: Playing up at Yukon and Parent comes down and hits a three, and then he comes down and hits another three. And Calhoun steps up and this, who the f is this guy.
Speaker 1: That was rich? You never knew he was always looking for the matchup and the next piece on the on the on the plain chess. But the thing with Rick is he tries to set up the perfect game and when it doesn't, it falls all together, all apart. But if it does set up, you can't touch them boys. Thank you for coming in today, Kendrick Haskins from Wave three. Where You're gonna have it. You'll be around town tonight.
Speaker 4: I'll be around town tonight. Then I'll head up to Milwaukee tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, Solwaukee. Marty Book from Urlebrooks Carriage Forward. I'll call you tomorrow. We'll call you this week. We'll regroup on the We want to talk basketball. We'll talk cars a little bit later. You get it all right, Marty Book from Urlebrooks Carriage Forward. Aqua Lock Man, these guys, Aqua Lock is the best. They came over and fixed my raid on machine because it was making a lot of noise for six years and I finally said I was gonna change it out, and he goes, look, I'll come over and take care of that for you right out. Aqua Aqua Lock does the everything from bait basement ceiling right to foundations. It's a family owned operation. Go to Aqua lock Jay is the owner, the wife works there and the daughter works there. It's a family operation. Aqua loc back after this on news Radio eight forty whas. Oh happy, Saint Patrick's steph for everyone on here at Nurse Radio eight forty whas. Please be care for the rest of the day, ought drake and drive for sure. And if you see Dave Jennings out there, you'll buy him a green beer. Yeah all right?
Speaker 5: And of course Rory McElroy won his playoff today. It is Saint Patrick's day.
Speaker 1: That's kind of awesome. Do you want to thank Sauceritas and Marty Book from Earl Books Carre It's for for our March Mayhem. Later this afternoon, Terry Miners and Nick Coffee will get together and do what we just did. Not as good, but do what we just didn't. Talk about the brackets and what's going on. It's exciting. Louisville first day Thursday at noon, the first games of the NCAA tournament has Louisville and Craighton and I can't wait for Thursday. Dave Jennings you tomorrow, Buddy Maniana