Speaker 1: Seven six at fifty five Karrosite talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Tuesday, one hour from now the insight scoop of bright Bird News Immigration Expert. We're here from Neil Monroe about the riots in LA and about the riots that are planned this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's got a Facebook post from.
Speaker 2: One of my leftist friends who's talking about the No Kings rally. I don't even know what the hell that is about. It's Trump's arrangement syndrome on full display. Daniel Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty and right now the return ah meyri Old candidate Corey Bowman. Corey, welcome back to the fifty five Cars Morning Show. It's good to have you back on.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: How's the campaign going.
Speaker 4: It's going great.
Speaker 3: We've got some great things in the works this week. We've been going out to events, but this week we're primarily focusing on volunteer So Fainby wants to get involved, I would highly suggest going to Corybone dot com and signing up there.
Speaker 4: We've got some things there will be updating this week.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful. Coreybowman dot com is where you help out. Corey Now pivoting over and you know, I just got off the phone with FLP President Ken Kober. Obviously we have an insufficient number of police officers. He was appealing to city council to get some a lateral class, meaning you going to go out and poach officers that are underpaid in other jurisdictions, already trained in a short period of training, We'll get them certified to be Cincinnati police officers. An outstanding idea. He didn't he wasn't met with any resistance to that concept, which I think is a positive thing and a step in the right direction. Although this is all obviously, this more d ship black murderer who has cut his ankle bracelet on and murdered Sarah Haringer's husband in their own home has got everybody talking about it. She's obviously raised this can talk about the lack of police presidence, and he did confirm, you know, and I think it was District one, which includes over the rhind. I mean there are only at any given time in the overnight like one or maybe two officers on patrol, which sounds insufficient to me. And that doesn't mean more officers could have prevented this from happening, but more officers on the street, generally speaking, might have resulted in this guy being picked up on an outstanding warrant, which he had. What's your take on crime in the city of Cincinnati and your take on councils. I call it silence is deafening, their lack of outward, regular vocal support. But also it isn't just this one murder. There are a lot of other murders, is can pointed out, and every single murder is impacting a family in the same way that Sarah Hanning Herringer.
Speaker 1: Rather was impacted. So what's your take on all this? Corey Bowman?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean I have a coffee shop in the West End and actually I met Patrick at least one time in our shop.
Speaker 4: I believe he came in multiple times spoke with him. This was sometime within the last year. He was very kind man, very.
Speaker 3: Passionate about what he was doing with the Fendlea movement Jim over there. So our thoughts and prayers and condolences go out to his family and his acquaintances fellow comrades because he was a veteran as well. But yeah, I mean, our thought the prayers go out to everybody that's being impacted by crime what seems like happening every day in our city, and what ken Kober said was right. I mean, right now, I believe the numbers are there are one hundred and thirty officers understaffed, which might not seem like a big deal, but when you look at the proportion of the officers that are available for nine to one one emergency calls or for any other of those on site details, one hundred and thirty officers would be significant. And so those lateral hirings need to take place now. They need I mean that needs to happened yesterday because we're just getting started with the summer months.
Speaker 4: And then when it comes to.
Speaker 3: What happened with Patrick Herringer, I mean a lot of people are going to be bad talking the CPD with it, but we've got to also put the Adult to Parole Authority on blast here because this is something that a warr should have been issued months ago for this, and the Sheriff's Office CPD should have been notified that he cut his he.
Speaker 4: Cut his bracelet there.
Speaker 3: So these are things that we're seeing in the city which, to be honest with you, if you have policies in place that do not encourage the community involvement of the CPD officers. You're going to see this because, yeah, putting resources. They're putting resources into the call center, into three one one in community involvement, into ARC officers. But these resources need to go right into the CPD and into the local law enforcement and show these officers that we have their back, and they will then give us an opportunity or they will get the opportunity to show us that they have our backs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and according to cpo's reporting about this, the parole officials they had contacted this guy six times between January tenth and February eleven, so they have regular interactions like most parle officers do. You got to meet with the prole officer on a regular basis. But when an officer attempted to see him on February nineteenth, they were told he had left before the officer showed up, and they issued a warrant for his arrest and designated him a violator at large within twenty four hours of him leaving the halfway house, where he wasn't there when his parole agent showed up. However, it's there's no information they couldn't figure out whether the Cincinnati Police Department received specific details or whether any other law enforcement agencies were told about Black's disappearance and asked to help find him. So there's one piece of missing information, and it sounds to me like they maybe they didn't. I mean, he wasn't on I didn't have a crime stop or Bad Guy of the Week on this guy he should have been.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you mentioned that.
Speaker 3: You can make him say, everybody's going to try to come out and not be an escapegoat for this thing. The ultimately the communication between the parole authority and the CPD, there's there's miscommunication here that led to him just being on the streets free.
Speaker 1: Well, and you mentioned community involvement. Community engagement.
Speaker 2: Now this is where proactive council and mayor could regularly encourage the general public to assist actively assist law enforcement, which would include, hey, we're looking for Mordisha Black. He cut off his ankle, minor, he's dangerous. He was in prison for almost killing a guy in the park, and he also happened to be he happened to have committed a burglary in May before he murdered Patrick Harringer.
Speaker 1: So you know, can you work with us?
Speaker 2: You know where he is and I'm sure someone in the city regularly ran into this guy before he murdered Patrick Harringer.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, And like what a lot of these posters said that council and the mayor have prioritized optics over outcomes.
Speaker 4: And you know, if you put out, you know, these these.
Speaker 3: Announcements, or if you put out these real statistics, then it's not going to look like we're as safe as what they.
Speaker 4: Want it to be. And you know, for months, what is the.
Speaker 3: News and what has the council been saying.
Speaker 4: Is that crime is down. But to be honest with you, nothing could be farther from the truth.
Speaker 3: If you look at certain statistics, we can see that autotuff, personal thuff.
Speaker 4: You know, you're talking about Burbley.
Speaker 3: You're talking about all these other violent crimes are skyrocketing right now. But we don't want to pay attention to that because it runs the optics of what we want to see see the city to be.
Speaker 4: But those things got to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, notably it was widely reported. Now you brought the statistic up with canon. I mentioned it yesterday. Crime in over the Rhine specifically is up forty eight percent. Now, maybe not murders, but all other forms of crime, violent and non violent, including breaking and enteries and you know, breaking into people's cars and all kinds of that. I mean, what community more than Over the Rhine has gotten money dumped at a tax abatements and centives for rehabilitating old buildings in order to draw the urban hipsters into moving into over the Rhine because it's such a wonderful walking community. Well, the narrative doesn't work when you look at the real statistics.
Speaker 4: Well, so the statistics.
Speaker 3: That they're trying to pull out is homicide and rape. Now, homicide and rape if you look at it as decreased, but when you look at every other thing, robbers, autoet burglars, If you look at aggrevated assault, and if you include strangulation in that, then you've seen a massive increase in that as well. I mean auto thefts alone since twenty twenty one has gone up ninety three percent. Robbery has gone up seventeen point sixty seven percent. And you're looking at like I said, if you look at aggravating assault, which includes strangulation, you're up twenty six percent. So these are things all since the mayor has come into office, ever since you know, the lack of election happened with the council, These things have gone up, and I think that will reeping. What these policies basically are implemented now. It does not involve the CPD in the community.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: It creates this disconnect between the community they serve and the police officers, and because of that, they're not able to do their job properly well.
Speaker 2: And then we have the we I mean, if we had a full contingent of police officers who were willing to go out and arrest people and find bad guys. We have a justice system who's failing the community as well. I don't know anything about Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office under its current administration, but we all know about the liberal judges who you know, allow very violent people back into the community with no bond, and then when it comes to sentencing after a trial and conviction or a plea, they don't get very stiff sentences, which you know, that's the leg of law enforcement that's supposed to deter people from committing crimes in the first place. You're going to have to pay if you commit crimes. Well, people aren't having to pay, no, and.
Speaker 3: We'll actually the community's paying for it, because that's what's ended up happening. Weeks ago, I would send a video of a park near the over the Rhyine area where two suspects they had a target in a park.
Speaker 4: Well, there was families, it was a nice day in the weather, and.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of people outside. They go up and fire up this park because of one target in the park.
Speaker 4: And I'm seeing these videos.
Speaker 3: Of like mothers holding their children and just like ducking bullets in the streets of Cincinnati in broad daylight. And then you find out one of the people that were doing the firing they were released the week before because of other charges that were similar.
Speaker 2: So you mean someone committed a firearm crime, actively shooting, and was released only to go do it again a week later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're they're they're base. This is a continual basis to where the profcutors are looking in. They want to do it for a rehabilitation, They want to do it because you know that's what they say that their reasons are.
Speaker 4: But to be honest with you, these.
Speaker 3: Policies are putting the criminals right back on the streets, and a lot.
Speaker 4: Of times these are repeat.
Speaker 3: Offenders, like what we saw with the hand your Family, like we are seeing criminals that these are repeat offenders that are continuing to do the crimes and they're continuing to get let out. And then what this really does is it decreases the morale of the officers where, yeah, you might see certain statistics that are reported down, but maybe they're reported down because the officers don't see a point and booking anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, that's been a problem. The revolving door of the justice center really does de incentivize the police from having to go through all the paperwork that is involved with the resting someone, maybe for a lesser level offense. Notably, that's what people are going to get let out on, so why bother, which means that's one less statistic that's entered into the books in terms of where the direction of crime is going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is.
Speaker 3: Something that you know, as we're running for mayor obviously a lot of people jump on these cases for political gain, but the reality of it is that this is why we're running. We've seen things in our city over the years that we're just not happy with and We're running to.
Speaker 4: Be able to give people a choice.
Speaker 3: And one big thing about what we're running for is mayor is to be tough on crime and to be able, and even just about being tough on crime, it's about re engaging the police officers into the community. I might sound like a broken record sometimes, but I continue to believe. I'm going to continue to stand that we need to with the call center back in the hands.
Speaker 4: Of the police officers.
Speaker 3: We need to be able to dispatch officers not just for the worst case scenario, but they need to be actively involved in these communities, in these businesses. They need to be walking on the streets. Our city needs to know that the police officers are there for us well.
Speaker 2: And as Ken pointed out, the number of police officers that actually respond to nine to one one calls is the problem.
Speaker 1: We don't have enough of them. There's a lot of administrative folks in there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of folks behind the scenes, you know, doing behind the scenes criminal investigations and that type of thing. The Special Crimes Unit. They're not responding to nine one one calls. They're not the officers that show up at your door when you call nine one one that's where we have an insufficient number and we need to do something about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the number is so last time I checked, it was one hundred and thirty that was short. But when you look at the officers that are available for nine to one one calls, that's two thirds.
Speaker 4: So we've got two.
Speaker 3: Thirds that are less of what we need to be able to answer these calls in a timely basis. And so when you look at the numbers, a lot of these administrative officers are a lot of these other officers that have different duties a short amount. If you if you look at one hundred and thirty officers that are short in the staffing, that's a very significant number.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the nine to one to one.
Speaker 2: Emergency responsible well, and Ken said, they're going to be less. I guess another ninety three or quitting this year, are going to retire or step out, So we'll drop a low eight hundred, and that is really dangerous. Considering the city as a population of what two hundred and fifty thousand people or so, that's eight hundred to cover that amount.
Speaker 1: That's not enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got three hundred and four thousand that live in the in the city.
Speaker 1: Oh, is it that many?
Speaker 3: We're doing four thousand live in the city limits. I mean, some people might be, you know, leaving just because of what they're seeing on.
Speaker 4: The news right now. But the reality of it is that.
Speaker 3: We're just starting the summer months. This isn't a problem that's.
Speaker 4: Just going to fix itself.
Speaker 3: We've got to be very proactive right off the bat if we want to see saved June, July, and August in our city.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Put an exclamation point on that. When the summer heat hits, crime tends to go up statistically proving Corey Bowman dot com is where you find Corey help him out with his mayoral campaign. Corey, thanks for spending the time with my listeners and me today. Have a wonderful week and a good luck on the campaign trail.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Briding everybody, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it Brother seven twenty one fifty bive CARCD talk station. Something else youre gonn appreciate working with Suzette Loaw's camp across the country mortgage for all mortgage related So if you want to buy a house, call Susette do My daughter did it my recommendation, She got it turned around in virtually no time. And they were getting that kind of a hassle from the bank that they had been working with. And I think within two days Susette Low's Camp and secured financing for them. They are happily enjoying their place and that's thanks to Susette wonderful customer service. She is the best in the business. When to tell me when it comes to the mortgage business. Second mortgagees refinancing, what you god if it relates to mortgage, you're talking with someone that has more than thirty five years in the business. Because she's with Cross Country Mortgage. Whatever state you're hearing me from, she can help you out. She's accessed to all kinds of different mortgages out in the world. It's great rates to the low cost with no junk fees and no application fees. You'll enjoy it. So get in touch with her. One of two ways she'll get right back with you. Leave her a message five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. That's three one three fifty one seventy six, or send her an email Sussette dot lowscamp lo O s e KA mp Sho's that dot lows Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station,