Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine The Games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI.
Speaker 2: Jrr Bulldog Sports page brought you by Rock Freedom and Fireworks. You get a jump on the fourth of July. That is kind of what the city of Longwood has been doing for the last few years. And we're gonna join him on Saturday. Taco there at Ryder Park off A four thirty four starting at five. You get exactly what's in the title, rock Freedom in fireworks, you know it, plus music, you get food, you get drink. It's gonna be a good time and it's absolutely free to get in Ryder Park in right there in Longwood, and he culminates with fireworks Saturday night. So I hope you can join us for that. The Bulldog Mike BEYONKEI is on the horn from the luxury condos somewhere deep in the bows of Mentro West. What's up?
Speaker 3: Dog the Bulldog has some breaking news this morning. You can read all about it my column Orlando Sentinel dot com. A massive leadership change within the Orlando Magic Organization. Longtime CEO Alex Martin is departing as the CEO as the club begins making the transition to the third generation of the Devas family running the team. Martin's is stepping down from his role fourteen years he's been the CEO. He's transitioning into a newly created position of vice chair whatever that means, So he's no longer going to be running the day to day operations. Ryan de Voss, the grandson of Rich de Vos, steps into a larger leadership role. He's going to be the quote managing director. Charlie Freeman, who's been with the Magic for about thirty years, he's the new president of business operations, and another Rich Davos grandson, Cole Devs, will relocate to Orlando at the beginning of the next season to become part of the management team as well.
Speaker 2: This all as the NBA Draft starts tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Yes, a new leadership change within the Magic. We'll see how that works out. You can read my column about Alex Martin's at Orlando Sentinel dot com. Yeah, the NBA Draft tips off tonight. Cooper Flag of Duke obviously going to be the number one overall pick. The Dallas Mavericks will get him. Where the where the Magic go with their number twenty five pick. Nobody knows, although although there are a lot of mock drafts who think that Walter Clayton Junior, the Gators star point guard who led them to the national championship, could be available at number twenty five. I mean, I would love to see the Magic get Walter Clayton Junior. I don't know that they really need another young player.
Speaker 1: Do you think he'd want to stick here in Florida for that little tie?
Speaker 3: I think he'd like to. Yeah, I think he wants to get drafted in the first round.
Speaker 2: Get that in the whole New state income. Texting is a big perk as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he would love to stay in Florida. He's from Florida. He grew up in South Florida, So yeah, I think he would love to stay in Florida. Will the Magic take him? I don't know. Heck they ye know. Last week we thought they were going to have two first round draft picks, but of course they traded a bunch of draft picks to get Desmond baned of the Memphis Grizzlies here, so now they only have the one draft pick at number twenty five.
Speaker 2: They really they are in no position to wheel and deal and move about in this after that move right.
Speaker 3: No, no, Okay. One of the reasons they traded all those first round draft picks for Desmond Vane, well, a, Desmond Vane's a good player and one of the best three point shooters in the league. But the other reason is because they already have a bunch of young players on their team. You know, they have Anthony Black who they're still developing, Jeed Howard, Tristan da Silva, so you know, they don't there's not really a lot of room on the roster to develop another young player. But again, at number twenty five, if you could get a Walter Clayton junior, who's a great three point shooter in his own right, you know, plus he'd be popular with the fans.
Speaker 1: So dude, I see no problem with developing one more, one more youngster while you're doing the others. Just throw them in there as well. Look at ok see what they were able to pull off, you know, with the young young squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were talking about ok see yesterday. Okay see, even though they're the best team in the league and the youngest team in the league and the championship team, they still have a bevy of draft picks. They have two first round draft picks ahead of the Magic's number twenty.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: You see him on that parade float yesterday and you think, wait, should we card a few of these guys that are squirting all the watching?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was watching that parade. When you guys watch parades, I mean, you've been in Orlando a lot longer than I have. I get jealous a little bit when I see all these teams, you know, you know the Panthers with their victory parade, and then you know, well Orlando to have a victory.
Speaker 1: We did one for the parade for the Pride thirty.
Speaker 2: I was at that.
Speaker 3: I was at that one.
Speaker 4: It wasn't very stopping. Stop talking. Hey, did you see this ugly incident yesterday that happened during the Arizona Diamondbacks in Chicago White Sox game.
Speaker 3: Who are these these fams?
Speaker 2: This is despicable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this I'm trying to find a guy's name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's their second basement for the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he you know, his mom died in a car crash in twenty seventeen, and I guess some loser fan was heckling him about his mom's death, and the guy just started sobbing. The player started sobbing on the field, and of course the fan got thrown out. But who would even think to do that? What the vermin would think to do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you either of you guys? Probably did.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw, but Aaron Rodgers come out about how the public just feels like they have access to everything. Now, did you hear anything about that?
Speaker 3: He was, Yeah, he was on the Pat McAfee show yesterday complaining because you know, he hasn't identified who his new wife is, and you know, it's become sort of a story. The guy's weird, weird because he won't tell anybody who his wife is. Yeah, because she's never been a public figure. He's like, Hey, I watched the whole interview, and and shur I'm a you know, geek for McAfee and and and you know the crew there. But he kind of had a really good point, your public figure, you're in the eye. Sorry, but let her be off to the side. She's never been there.
Speaker 1: And then he went on to say that he's gonna pretty much retire after the season.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Probably should have retired before the season.
Speaker 3: He wants to be a private person. Okay, right, then don't then don't do Netflix series about your relationships in the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, I knew I was walking on minefield.
Speaker 2: There he is Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety game. You can read his opinion in his sports column Orlando Sentinel dot com. And you can listen to him, you know, on AM seven forty FM ninety six to nine A game on a Jason to us each morning where he takes a time out to join us for the sports page on jr R. And we appreciate it. Dog.
Speaker 3: By the way, Happy birthday to the great Carly Simon oh Lynchin Taco on de Man Tell loady iHeartRadio album