Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Many in the last few days has been a reprise of what's happened the first one hundred days with Donald Trump. And by the way, it's all bad.
Speaker 2: It's all terrible.
Speaker 1: Watched some of the interviews with Terry Moran of ABC News, etc. It gets worse every time. It's terrible. We elected this guy to maybe secure the southern border, check mark boost the American economy, and check mark limit the size of government, no problem there, and become a nation that commands respect around the world. I think that's going on as I speak. But none of that is representative what the media is reflecting. That's why we have direct contact with Congressmen and senators and those in the Trump administration and one of the great leaders of the conservative movement in the houses, Congressman Warren Davidson and Congressmen, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And I saw you a few nights ago in CNN. I think it was maybe six or seven o'clock and you were in battle with one of the hope there about some of the good things going on. And one thing I noted that the Media Research Center says the coverage of Donald Trump is more than ninety three percent negative, and I thought I haven't seen the seven percent and so on the ground in Washington. As the president in the first one hundred days, and now we're about several days a week into the second one hundred days, kept his promises to the American people.
Speaker 2: Well, look, that was part of the seven percent.
Speaker 3: Is they allowed me on CNN to say, well, here's what actually happened in the first hundred days, because normally c and interviewers don't get that kind of information.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think about it.
Speaker 3: In the first hundred days, we got a secure border, a focused military, America respected at home and abroad. Education focused on teaching our kids instead of indoctrinating them, doze finding the money, Criminals going to jail, illegals being deported. So far, this is the best sequel ever. Things are going well well, not according to the media.
Speaker 1: And one good thing Congressman Davidson I like is that the so called media mainstream meet has lost its pinache. They used to be able to dominate, and right now that's not the case because of podcast and talk radio. Let's focus on this big, beautiful bill that leadership, says Speaker of the House, Johnson said, might be done by Memorial Day, more likely the fourth of July. Give me the three or four things in this big, beautiful bill that's going to pass that will generate even more economic growth in this country.
Speaker 3: Well, the big thing is is it'll prevent a tax increase. Honestly, if we don't act, everyone's taxes are going to go up. So we actually have to take action. Of course, we have to raise the debt limit. Unfortunately, the government's spending like crazy. We can't turn off spending fast enough to prevent that. But we are going to turn off spending that is able to be avoided. I mean, we're going to keep the government focused on the essential things, like focusing our military, and that's going to be a plus up for military and a plus up for border security, so that we can do the right things with our federal government and stop doing crazy things. That's where you know, dose finding the money. A lot of these things are going to it turned off. We're going to save hundreds of billions of dollars hopefully trillion plus while we do it. But you know, President Trump's also going to keep taxes, not only going to avoid tax increase on everybody.
Speaker 2: We're going to get the pro growth tax policies.
Speaker 3: Implemented that Democrats let expire, and we're going to get things that he promised, like no tax on tips. So that's the key. And why is it all in one big beautiful bill. Well, because you know, while the House can pass things with a simple majority, it takes sixty votes in the Senate, and they won't give us, you know, seven votes from the Senate.
Speaker 2: Heck, sometimes it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to hold all fifty three Republicans together in the Senate. So we need those guys to be able to get a simple majority to get things done.
Speaker 2: In reconciliation. Is the bill that gets it done.
Speaker 3: That's why we're all focused on one big beautiful bill.
Speaker 1: Congressman, one of the issues is debt limits, and I often have on Congressman Tom Massey of Northern Kentucky, and that guy makes a lot of sense. The items on the plate delivered to Donald Trump on January the twentieth, they're really incredible. The hand he was dealt both in Ukraine and the Middle East, the China difficulty at trillion dollars a year of American dollars going to China not coming back in addition to the spending spending, spending two trillion dollars of annual budget deficits of the total debts thirty six trillion. Do you have some empathy for the Thomas Massey's of this world who do not want to increase the debt limit at all? And I always say to Tom, if you don't increase the debt limit, what happens? He said, well, then we have a crashing of the economy. And maybe that's what someonant, but I know you're a conservative conservative. You went to West Point, served in the military. As far as are you somewhat empathetic to the viewpoint of Congressman Tom Massey and others that does not want to increase the debt limit by one dollar?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And look, I mean I ran my first campaign a lot of the messaging was don't bankrupt America. And then I got here and started seeing the lack of will to turn off spending, and I was like, well, it's not compassionate to bankrupt America, but they seem pretty dead set on doing it. I think it's important for everybody to understand that when you raise the debt limit, you're not actually spending money you're just increasing your line of credit. It's like saying, well, I've got a credit card that's got a ten thousand dollars limit, but now I want to try to get a credit card that's got a twenty thousand dollars limit. The bad thing is, you know, while you at home, would know not to hit that limit, or if you did, to start, you know, stop charging on it and start paying it down so you get rid of it. The government's only way to operate is to keep increasing the credit card limit. And that's that's you know, that's what we're going to vote on. I mean, the House said we'll raise the debt limit by four trillion dollars. The Senate said, we'll see your four trillion and raise it one. We want a five trillion dollar increase. And there's really no path feasible that we could stop spending enough money. I mean, if we just spent like it was, you know before COVID, and left revenue the same, I mean, the budget would be balanced and it wasn't like we had a small government before COVID. No, we spent about four and a half trillion dollars before COD. If you adjusted for inflation, that'd be over six trillion right now. But over and above that, we're going to spend about seven point three trillion this year. So you'd have to cut spending by like one and a half trillion dollars in a year to get back to a balanced budget. So that's that's the kind of change that it would take. So everyone's really gun shy about turning those things off. You see how people are attacking, Oh, you want to take away Medicaid and Social Security and all these things.
Speaker 2: You want to kill grandma.
Speaker 3: All those attacks get politicized and the reality is you're talking about I'm pretty sure we don't need to fund a transgender opera in Colombia. You know, those kinds of nonsensical things you're too crazy to even make up, right, Like this is who would come up with doing this? But they really did these things. That alone isn't going to save massive money. Big reforms that were bipartisan, like you know, but you know, everyone I know would help a friend in need or a family member. But at some point you would say, hey, if you're able bodied, I mean, you're going to get a job, right, or at least try to get a job. You're going to You could volunteer or go back to school. You could do something. But under Obama back in the eight financial crisis, they turned that off around the country, right, and we want to turn that back on. That's just a common sense thing that everyone would do for their own friends and family. Why would it be mean for the government to do the same thing that will save hundreds of billions of dollars every year?
Speaker 2: Just that'll alone.
Speaker 1: In fact, something's happening with the debt because in March we had a very low borrowing of it, because maybe it's because of the illegal immigration. I looked at twenty nineteen numbers. The federal budget in twenty nineteen was four point one trillion twenty nineteen. Now, that wasn't exactly the dark ages five six years ago. It was four point one. Today it's seven point three. So we've had about a fifty percent increase in federal spending since twenty nineteen. Why can't we go back to twenty nineteen spending levels and maybe the Penny plan and get that done. But you have no cooperation from the liberal Democrats, zero zilch, nada, And so we're not talking about rationing of some type or other. To just go back to twenty nineteen levels, and you're saying that economically we can't do that.
Speaker 3: Well, not only economically politically, I mean a lot of the spending is popular with the public, and frankly, for I wish I could say that it was like all the Republicans are united here. But if we had one party that was good, you know, for big government, and one party that was for small government. When we get these windows like right now where Republicans control the House, the Senate, and the White House, well we'd get smaller government. But we're thirty six trillion dollars in debt because the most bipartisan thing in Washington, DC is spending money. So there are big government Republicans now, granted they want to spend money on other things besides that, then Democrats do. But the question is how are we going to come together to actually get less government?
Speaker 2: And if not?
Speaker 3: Now, when you talk about waiting for a crash or something, right, I mean, why would we wait till something is completely.
Speaker 2: Failed before we would take action?
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody knows we're headed towards a path that we can't sustain. Can't we work together to turn it off? And I think that's the hope is in this one big, beautiful bill. We're at least we're not going to get balanced right away, but we are going to move in that direction. And that's going to be a big win.
Speaker 1: As far as the future government spending and tax increases, et cetera. The response of the Democrats are now conducting sit ins and other silly ass problems on the steps of the Capitol, is to grossly increase income taxes. That is, if you make above whatever number you want to draw it. I think the top one percent make four hundred thousand or more a year.
Speaker 2: They want to.
Speaker 1: Keep spending more and more of the money and taxing more and more, and that's never been You can't tax your way to prosperity. And when I watched the Democrat you would anticipate, I'm a bit of a history major. In the first one hundred days of any new president, parties put down their red and their blue cloths. They get together and say, let's work together, because the voters had beside what they wanted. November the fifth, I think even Kambala Harris said, let's give the voters what they wanted. They ordered, this is give.
Speaker 2: It to them.
Speaker 1: And so now what Trump is doing. And what you're doing is giving the voters what they want, which is less government strength around the world, shut down the southern border, et cetera. But how much cooperation are you getting from Democrats to do what the American people said wanted to be done. Are you getting any cooperation?
Speaker 2: I mean very little.
Speaker 3: Look, honestly, you know it is that basic. I mean, do what you said you would do. I mean, look what Donald Trump is doing. He's doing that. The question is is Congress doing that? We're not keep it up? I mean, and part of the challenges We've passed a lot of things in the House. People are like, where's this at. Yeah, we actually passed some of those reforms in the House. We just can't get a vote in the Senate because it takes sixty votes. Democrats aren't helping at all, even on things that they've historically agreed on, because they don't want to help Donald Trump. Now, to be fair, they're doing what they said they would do. The question is our Republican's going to unite and do what we said we would do, and then we have to adapt because you know, they didn't campaign on weaponizing the courts against Donald Trump. But that's exactly what they did, and thankfully the Trump administration has taken action. I mean, you know, I think last week, you know judges in a judge in Wisconsin was arrested for basically trying to help an illegal immigrant evade you know, detention by federal authorities. And you know, you go to court, you're supposed to get justice, not evade justice. And that's exactly what she was trying to facilitate. And good on the administration for actually charging her.
Speaker 1: Well, and in fact, the other Wisconsin judicial members have come out in support of Judge Dougan, a Court of Appeals judge and ever. But fortunately the Wisconsin Supreme Court suspended her because you cannot commit crime in court wearing a robe and claim some sort of cloaking device keeps you from following federal criminal law, and she worked actively to help a criminal alien escape, and the other judges in Wisconsin, instead of saying to her, you shouldn't do that, Judge Dougan, they still up and said she should have done that, And that, to me is the most shocking thing. Individuals make misconducts all the time. You commit crime, you might do things that are wrong, but to have other judges sworn to upholl of the law. Come at your side and stand with her. That's the bigger problem.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what's happening in district courts. I mean, you know, you're treating non citizens as citizens at every turn. You know, you get this Maryland man hoax that's going on with a man from El Salvador's returned to El Salvador, and they act like it's the end of the world, and they want them to have years and years of appeals. He's already had those things. He's been ordered to remove twice. Judges and law enforcement has found him to have affiliation with MS thirteen gangs, and they want them to have all the due process in the world. And I thought, you know, surely we could find some common ground in saying, at least guys like this that are illegally in the United States and affiliated with MS thirteen shouldn't be able to have the right to keep the bear arms. And they go, oh, no, everyone's got all the constitutional rights. And you guys don't want me to be able to buy guns, but they're okay with the MS thirteen gang guy buying them. I mean, people had lost their minds and that's exactly they're trying to nullify the entire distinction of citizen versus non citizen. I mean, Joe Biden campaigned on flooding the countries with illegals. He did that, and now they want to prevent the Trump administration from removing those people that are illegally in our country. And we have to win on that or we're not going to have a sovereign country anymore.
Speaker 1: You know, Congressman Warren Davidson of Ohio. One thing Obama was the deporter in chief. He deported three point one million illegals, far more than Trump did in the first term or even the second term of Trump. It won't even approach that number. And if you gave hearings in due process to all three point one million illegals that Obama deported, that the porter in chief was Barack USANBA, we would still be having hearings into the next century for three point one million, much less the fifteen million here illegally. We can have hearings and we can have due process, because if we do that, the whole legal system shuts down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, let's not say that the Trump administration won't far exceed that yet.
Speaker 2: I hope they will, but they're not on pace too.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, the reality is we haven't even hit three.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand yet, and they were bringing over three hundred thousand illegals in per month at periods of time during the Biden administration. So I mean, the you know, it's just a basic math problem. The outflow has to exceed the inflow, and that's happening right now. But it has to go where the outflow during these four years exceeds the inflow during Biden's four years. And then we have to pass a law, you know, the one big beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: One of that we're going to get money in to secure the border.
Speaker 3: But the thing that you can't do with reconciliation is structurally change immigration law. And that's what we need. I mean, this can't be like a tennis match where you're watching one side back and forth matters. No, it doesn't, Yes it does, and it's all executive action. We need a law that compels every single executive in the United States to enforce the law, and if you fail to, when we have to put people in jail. I mean, to me, it's mind blowing that we couldn't impeach and remove Alejandro Majorchis, who was High Secretary for Homeland Security. He was enabling an invasion of the country when his charge as secretary is to stop it. He was flagrantly violating the law of the United States and he's never been charged with it. We didn't even remove him from office with impeachment, and I think it's shameful. I mean, these folks have to be held accountable. If there's no reckoning, they're going to do it again every chance they get.
Speaker 1: Can't go back and forth every four years from We've got to institutionalize these changes. But Congressman, stay strong there in Washington. I don't like increasing the debt ceiling again, either four trillion or five trillion, but it's something that must be done in the short term to have long term benefits. And Congressmen warn't Davidson once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and you promise to stay strong.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know, by God's grace and the encouragement of my constituents, I know they sent me here to fight for them. I mean, I think a lot of people think that their constituents sent them here to follow orders in DC. I don't know anyone that could win on that message, and you certainly can't win as Southwest Ohio doing that. We're here to fight for Southwest Ohio and the greatest state in the country. We're making great progress and hopefully we get a government small enough to fit back inside the constitution. You know, we can afford one that small. The problem is we got he a fatal over to us, a government coming our way. We got to turn some of that off.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump was selected and elected in order to fundamentally change the direction of this country. The military enlistments are up, there's more people volunteering and going into the FBI. There's this sense of mourning in America once again. In Congressman Warren Davidson, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. God bless you and God bless America.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much and all your listeners. Thanks Bill, God bless you all.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news coming up at Jerome of the Red's News Radio seven hundred WLW