Speaker 1: It's nice. I'm telling you Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we are talking about a story that is actually developing even as we talk here. Apparently the United States and Ukraine have agreed on a minerals deal which might be the key to end the Russian Ukraine War, and we're just talking about it. I will give you my thirty second synopsis, and that is that Donald Trump has come in. I think he has a different relationship with Russian President Putin than President Biden had. I don't know. I don't think they're friends, but I think that Putin is feels less comfortable to some extent with Trump because he probably knows that Trump is unpredictable. And what Trump has done apparently in the last twenty four hours with President Zelensky has agreed on some sort of a mineral oil and gas deal where we are going to get fifty percent of these mineral deposits and oil and gas. I don't know exactly how much it's worth, but we will have a big stake in Ukraine's natural resources, which is not going to be a NATO membership for Ukraine, but I think it does give them a sense of security that it is not likely that Russia is going to turn around and reinvade Ukraine. So and President Zelenski, who last week was called a dictator on a couple of occasions by President Trump, we'll be visiting him and apparently signing this deal on Friday, if the New York Times is to be believed. So with that, are you surprised, I'm pleasantly surprised. If this brings the end of the war with Russia and Ukraine, that's a good thing if everybody, when you come to an agreement like this, unless one side has won overwhelmingly, if there's a stalemate, no one's going to get out of the cake, but everybody hopefully walks away feeling that they're okay. Ukraine has suffered tremendous losses, Russia suffered tremendous losses, and maybe they both realize that they're in a situation where the losses are only going to continue on both sides. And maybe Donald Trump was spawned enough to see that and play that, and play both Zelenski and Putin and convince them that it's in their interest to end the war. If it is. If that's the way it works, then I will say hats off to President Trump. I don't think Joe Biden would have been able to do that. You can agree or disagree. Here we go. Ron is next to Newton. Ron, thanks for giving me those extra seconds to start the hour. You are next on nightside.
Speaker 3: Ron, go right ahead, Hi Dan, So thank you very much. I think that this is a I think it's a brilliant business move. I mean President Trump is a business person first and foremost. I think, you know, it reminds me of nineteen ninety four when the mg H and Brigamore, to everyone's surprise, merged, you know, in the face of competition, and that was a brilliant move. They took advantage of economies of scale, or at least they tried to, or they were heading in that direction. So economically it was the a good move in the face of what we were pacing. And as you said a few moments ago, I mean, they they may not walk away with all the pieces of the cake that they wanted, but think about this simplified theory behind Adam Smith's economic theory in seventeen seventy six, he basically said that every person that inadvertently helps themselves inadvertently helps create a better outcome for all. And you know, I think that I think it's a business move. It's no different than mergers and acquisitions. And sometimes they're they're peaceful, sometimes their hostile takeovers. But this is that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Well sometimes it's and I agree with you by the way, that this is a business deal as much as it is a peace treaty or a cease fire. And it's too bad that, I mean, it's it's horrific that that many people on both sides had to die. I mean, I remember early in the war watching the Ukrainian shoulder fired heat seeking missiles destroy Russian tanks. I saw these these incredible videos where the Russian tanks were driving in the countryside of Ukraine and they were sitting targets and the Ukrainian soldiers with these, you know, again, just rocket fired heat seeking missiles. I guess it just blew the.
Speaker 3: Lots of lots of kids were lost their homes and the parents. And I remember you having two guests on from the Cape Carty area who had gone and volunteered to find them homes in Poland.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jim Peterson, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: I absolutely, you know, I think it's uh, it's an economic move to me, I like the I like moving quickly. It reminds me of the surgeons on are a disaster response team. You have to go with the information that you have at hand and move quickly. Yep, you can't sit on it. So those are my thoughts.
Speaker 2: Well well spoken, well articulated. As always, Ron, I appreciate your call. Hopefully you're feeling a little bit better day by day. I hope, yes, great, great, we'll talk. Thank thanks, thank you much, appreciate the call. Take quick break coming right back on Night's side. More phone calls coming up, the only line open, six one, seven nine talking. This is actually a good story. There's no controversy here. There may be some controversy. There may be some people who feel that that Ukraine has been forced into this, but maybe forced into this for their own benefit. That's that's a tough way to look at it. But that's that's my perception right now. I don't know how long Ukraine could go on. I don't know how well. I know Russia could go on a long long time. But it's a losing proposition for both. Back we go to the calls. We're going next, Let's go to Mike and Beverley. Mike, you were next on nightside. Welcome sir, Hey, Danny, I can hear you fine, speak right into the phone though, Mike, let's hear you go ahead.
Speaker 4: So I knew this was coming, I mean listened to it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, as far as the call goes about the earlier college John, I think it was about Joe Biden stuff like that. You know, Joe Biden orchestrated how Ukraine to do the war, knock him certain ammunition, knock him certain planes hell Ukraine. Solinsky right hand behind his back. So you know, Solinski was kind of did the best week kurve what he had at the at the wheel. But you know he wasn't providing all the recoverment to win the war. Whatever whatever comes to it, all well.
Speaker 2: We go and I and I think the Bidy administration did that uh intentionally. And I think that that Bolinsky uh Zelensky was going to be asking for a military weaponry, uh the best he could get. But we were concerned about the missiles that we would give him, what the range of those missiles were. We didn't want him popping a missile out of Kiev or out of Ukraine. That was going to hit the Kremlin. I mean that you would have World War three at that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get that, and that was the point this was coming to.
Speaker 4: But I think, like, you know, just think about it. Trump'spavius thirty five days. He's done more than Biden's done in four years, you know, and I think time of the master and yeah, I know you want to, you know, call Ukraine. Uh so let's addictate you today. It's a master craft Trump does. I know we sometimes disagree with that, but the guy.
Speaker 1: Is very good.
Speaker 6: He is very very good.
Speaker 2: Well as as as we often say, let's wait till the hay is in the barn. I mean, it's you know that this deal is not completed. When peace breaks out, let's we can celebrate. But but I think we're on talk shows. What we do is we try to talk about we try to be ahead of the curve and talk about what we think this might be heading. This to me is a really interesting development. I think it's a positive development. Let's let's uh, let's keep our fingers crossed and let's hope for the best.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's like right there, he's not the one. Yeah, when I heard today he's right there.
Speaker 6: So well, he's at.
Speaker 2: The one yard he's at the one yard line with Zelinsky. I think he's he's got to get a few first downs to put the ball in the end zone with Putin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: But they're already talking.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm not trying to I'm not trying to throw water on your here. I just I'm just trying to say, look, let's not get too far ahead. Let's I want to be ahead of the curb, but I don't want to be so far ahead of the curb. I'm over the cliff. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Thanks talk, Thanks Bud, good night, Let's keep rolling. He got Doreen and Chelsea. Doreen, thank you for calling in. Unfortunately we get few women on these these issues of Warren Peace, which which drives me crazy. But it's great to hear your voice. Doreen. How are you tonight?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 9: I like I like to debate on politics and everything both sides. Well, I don't yes. When President Biden was into office, I don't think he trusted either one of them, and I think that President Trump does not trust either one of them. No one does, because if you go right back to the Kennedy years. President and Kennedy it had a good report where Kruse Chef I think it was.
Speaker 2: It was Kruse Chef, Yes, it was, he had he had a he had a pretty good report after the after the Cuban missile crisis.
Speaker 9: Right, but the same time he got assassinated, right, yes he did. Okay, So now I don't think Trump trusts any of them for what I you know, see on TV or read or I listened to you or talk shows. It's the same thing over and over. We cannot trust Russia never, and we cannot ever trust China second, because of the Space Shuttle and everything. It's very complicated. It's jealousy is the ruination, which comes power and money after. That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you, To be honest with you, I don't disagree with you at all. I think that uh that you're you're you're correct. Every country is out in what they consider to be their interests.
Speaker 7: Uh right, good?
Speaker 9: Right? And then Geneva Switzerland, wasn't that the major place that they held the peace talks before?
Speaker 2: Well, Switzerland has always maintained it's its neutrality. Uh, even in World War Two. Switzerland never aligned itself to the best of my knowledge with either uh, you know, Germany or Britain, or the United States or France. I mean they've they've always been on the sideline there. And of course they're they're great industry in Switzerland, as you know, is banking. I mean, that's right, and I guess the Alp skiing and and that's what that's what Switzerland is all about. And we have used Swiss diplomat as intermediaries. They have good relationships with all countries in the world. So when we had to talk to Iran during the Iran hostage crisis, we did it through Swiss diplomats and and interim Swiss diplomats. So the Swiss have had, you know, irrelevance there. But I think the point you make is that countries function in their own best interest. Now, we as a democratic society have different presidents, and different presidents view the world a little differently. I think Joe Biden has a very different view of the world and what our relationship should be with the European community than Donald Trump. That's just a reality that that we have the benefit of. We go from a Biden to a Trump. Biden didn't have a great foreign policy. It didn't. He messed up with the Afghanist Afghan withdrawal, and and that many people feel in August the twenty twenty one that that is what encourage Putin to go ahead and move on Ukraine. And I happen to subscribe to that belief right that he now thought we were weak, and he thought, Okay, now's the time for me to move.
Speaker 9: So now, not to interrupt you, but Israel, Israel is one of our top allies. It's not really a big country, as you know, but there was a time when remember the studs got missile affair. At that time wasn't wasn't Israel. Israel sat back, but it could take only this much would bring us right up. Now today that don't mess around with Israel because they can take so much. And now it's starting all over again. I seen it, the bombing back and forth. Israel was the first one that went right ahead and missile it bomb that country. And therefore everybody stood behind in the United States always stays behind Israel because it's an ally, and Israel is going to stand up for us.
Speaker 2: Is our is our only true ally in the Middle East at the same time. At the same time, if Israel feels what is in their best interest diverges from the US, Israel rightfully so will do what they believe is in the best interest for Israel. Because Israel is surrounded by enemies. We're not surrounded by enemies. We're We're surrounded by you know, two oceans, Canada and Mexico. Pretty lucky in that.
Speaker 9: Regard, right right, all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Keep calling, have a great night. Let me get one more in here. Yeah, we get Steven Merrimack, New Hampshire, Steve next to a Nightsacker right ahead. Okay, if we don't have Steve ready, we can put I'm here. I didn't hear.
Speaker 7: I didn't hear you say my name.
Speaker 2: Well, Steve your next on Nightsager right ahead.
Speaker 7: Okay, I didn't hear you say I'm sorry. You know, I just want to say that, you know, Trump is the art of the deal master, and I think that part of this negotiations that he's making comes down to the rare earth minerals versus future military aid and his promise that he would end the war, you know, relatively quickly, and when he became president, so all of this falls together. You get to look at it from different aspects. And I believe that you know, his you know, comment about Zelensky being a dictator was music to Putin's ears. You though Putin is a dictator. You know, any acrimony between you know, Trump and Zelenski is music to Putin's ears. So it's all fitting together. I think that this is as you correctly assessed. I think this is going to turn out very very well. I think that we're probably going to wind up in a situation where the war ends and there's going to be some intermediary to keep the size apart, and it will be I think it's going to happen by the end of March.
Speaker 2: Actually, I would not be surprised. I think it's moving very quickly. And they are talking about, like Korea, some form of an international peacekeeping force in the in Ukraine. That would be a I think that would be a part of it, and it would not be a NATO force per se, but it would be an international force.
Speaker 7: So they will never allow. NATO would be a non starter for Boot and that's the one thing he doesn't want to have happened. So I think something we could always coming on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd have to figure it out. You know, who would be the countries that would would be part of that. But I think that they could find countries. I don't know at this point. It has been a very fast paced first five weeks for the Trump administration. And if by the end of March peace is broken out, the war between Russia and Ukraine has least is at least a cease fire as opposed to a treaty even or whatever. Hey, who's going to argue with that?
Speaker 7: You know, under Biden, all was happening is you know, we were sending more military aid and we weren't negotiating, We weren't doing anything. Then the conflict, which is you know, it was just going to keep going on in three years is long enough. I don't think Russia, I don't think they really think they're gonna win this war they fought at the beginning, they were going I thought they were gonna march right in and take over the country and work out that one's not gonna happen the way they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you, I hear you. Look, I appreciate your call, Steve, Thank you so much for joining us tonight. Talk to you soon. Thank you much.
Speaker 7: Appreciate your opinion. Almost one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 2: We're on the same page. Yeah, that well, I appreciate that. Whether people of great disagree, you're always welcome here on Nightside. Thanks against Steve, thank.
Speaker 7: You, thank you very much, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good night. Okay, back we go. We're going to go to Barbara in the Haunt. Barbara, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Go Dan, I'm gonna be your first time callers.
Speaker 2: All right, Barbara, first time caller. Get a little rout of applause. I don't know if you got that studio audience applause. They are studio audi. He's given you a standing ovation. Go right ahead, Barbara. How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm good, I'm good, but I'm listening to you and to your callers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And Vladimir Putin is a bloody dictator and a war criminal who marched across the border of a sovereign nation expecting to expecting to decimate Ukraine next stop being Europe. And it is the bravery and coverage courage of the Ukrainian people who gave their blood, their resources, their their everything about their country to hold the line for all of us, for all of us, while Putin, who mister Trump can't seem to call a dictator, while he calls Zelenski, who is a hero, a dictator. Putin and his forces murder, massacred civilians, great women, kidnapped children and took them back to Russia. And this is the man, this is the man you're applauding how much Trump got done and ending this war when what he did was with no respect for the sovereign leader of Ukraine shat down in Saudi Arabia with another bloody murderer, Prince Mohammed bin Salomon, and the leaders of Russian, the Russian negotiating team and on behalf of a separate sovereign nation, began to negotiate the end of this war without Ukraine present, after his Defense secretary, in an act of complete idiocy and inexperience, said, by the way, off the table is membership in NATO. Off the table is that Ukraine would turned to its previous borders. And they made it very clear from the beginning, we are here to please Putin. Uh, We're not even showing Zelinsky in front of Putin any respect. We're going to find out what Vlad wants and then we'll go dictate it to Zalinsky. And now we have extorted from this country its minimal rights, extorted it from a country that is a democracy, like US, that has held the line for democracies.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get you, I get your You've gone for Barbara. You've gone for about three minutes, and I'm right now, Barbara. Bring your back up. I'll talk to him.
Speaker 10: Okay, nothing for Barbara.
Speaker 2: Are you able to hear me?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good, great, Okay, I've listened to you for about three minutes. Uh, and I appreciate your point of view. Uh. What would you do if you were Donald Trump? Would you, uh maybe attack Russia? Here are you? Would you do? You? What are the options that you that Donald Trump should exercise. I'll give you a couple of choices, and if you have another choice, let me know. Either go after Russia, send some US troops in there, and let's move the Russians out of Ukraine. That would be one option. The the other option, I guess would be to give Ukraine some of our more advanced weaponry, which would allow Ukraine to perhaps fire longer range missiles that could hit the Kremlin directly. What what what do you think would be the best strategy for US to follow. Just in terms of Ukraine, I think.
Speaker 10: We asked the leader of Ukraine.
Speaker 2: What I'm asking you.
Speaker 10: I'm asking yes, but I'm saying you asked, and I'm telling you Donald Trump needed to sit down Withinsky.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's assume again, Let's give me a favorite Barbara conversation with you. I gave you three minutes to make a speech.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I'm answering your question.
Speaker 2: Well, so now let's assume says Let us assume that Zelensky says to Trump, I want nuclear weapons so I can push our nuclear weapons off the table.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no one is going to enter into a nuclear war. So I think that's really disingenuous.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's assume food and says to Let us assume in your scenario, Zelensky says to Trump, I want long range missiles, which will give me the ability, just as he has missiles that can hit Kiev, uh And and other Ukrainian cities. I want long range US missiles and US fighter jets with US pilots to bomb Russian troops. And I want to be able to hit Moscow with US long range missiles. That's what I'd like, mister Trump, what do you say to what?
Speaker 10: Okay, so you you gave me your options and you said I might have another one, So I'm not I.
Speaker 2: You turned down. Just so I understand, Barbara, I asked, I'm asking a question. I just want you to answer and if if you if you would if you do not want that's what Zelensky has been asking for from Biden. And I gave Biden credit for not giving Zelensky that would you give those would you give those missiles to?
Speaker 10: Because that's a.
Speaker 2: Yes or no? Please, Barbara, I don't know how good you are conversations, but I'm trying my best, and.
Speaker 10: You want to nail me down to a yes or no.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I want to know if no. I want to know you want to ask me yes or no? If Zelensky asked you, as President Trump long range missiles. I want to hit Moscow and I want US fighter pilots to protect my my planes. What is Trump gonna say? I won't answer the question.
Speaker 10: What I'm going to say the same thing Biden did, which is we have to we have to be very careful as all of euro pass that we don't start World War three.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, that's a good answer. Me, that's a good answer. Now tell me now, Barbara, Barbara, look, Barbara, put take her down, take her down bread. Okay, Barbara, I'm gonna give you one more chance. Okay, you would become a real difficult caller to deal with, and I very rarely do this. I would like to hear from you Sixcincly, because you've gone now seven minutes longer than any other caller will go this hour. We're gonna bring you up and you're gonna tell me what you think Trump should do. Sixcincly. Go ahead, Barbara.
Speaker 10: Wanted if you wanted peace, and if you want If he said I want to bring an end to this war, the first thing he should have done is sat down with Zolensky, not showing respect for Putin in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 2: That's a non answer.
Speaker 6: Should have done.
Speaker 10: No, that's not a non answer, because if you're going to negotiate peace between a democratic nation, which.
Speaker 2: Okay, you met, you're making the same points you made before, Robert, and at seven minutes and thirty seconds you're going to and then I gave you a chance. I appreciate the call. I got other calls. I want to talk to. Thanks Bob, appreciate it. Let me go to John in Boston. John, you're next on Nightside.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, thanks Dan. Yeah, I personally I feel that Putin can save face. He's he's in like Vietnam, like we were with Ukraine, and yeah, we were. I just want to make a couple of points if I could. We were in Afghanistan under Bush, a Republican that started all that war for twenty years, and we spent I don't know what they're compared to what we spent against Ukraine. And Russia was in before US. Russia was in Afghanistan and we didn't learn the lesson there. But you know, and and yeah, as far as taking over the crimea, well, Hitler took over Czechoslovakia for the same reason other Germans. So it's part of Germany. And you know, he's got snowed in there now. He's got a sod there now who's fled to Moscow, who ruined his country and colled millions of Syrians. Uh, I think at least millions probably, And you know, and he's got American people that he's holding that journalists and stuff won't let go. You know, he gave some little.
Speaker 2: So where you've told us stuff.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to get at is your interesting uh you know, factual, accurate, accurate comments. Do you think Trump is doing the right thing of the wrong thing. That's the ultimate question we're asking people it's.
Speaker 5: Doing probably, in my opinion, Putin spitting because Putin has something on him from his time as in the beauty contest that he was there and whenever that was. I don't have that information, but I know he posted a beauty, he was involved in a beauty contest in Russia. He's probably got some information on that.
Speaker 6: Also.
Speaker 2: My question, my question to you then would be this during Trump's first time, first term in office from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty one, when if Putin has some compromising pictures or some videotape, Putin didn't do anything that that was invasive.
Speaker 5: It didn't have to.
Speaker 2: Why Why did they Why did they wait? Then?
Speaker 5: Trump is like partty in his hands.
Speaker 2: I'm having a tough time having conversations with people today. Why don't I give you thirty seconds and go ahead and say whatever you want to say, and I'll move on out of the cars. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, I'm upset. I said what I basically want. I mean, I was just responding to your comment.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry again, I just so simply asking questions. You don't want to have a conversation and respond to questions. You want to you want to suggest that somehow, this whole thing about Ukraine, Putin has decided that he has some compromising pictures of Trump, and therefore Trump has to do whatever he wants.
Speaker 5: So yeah, basic thing around, the basic thing around, never never.
Speaker 2: Land with that, John, Okay, if Putin had compromising pictures of Trump in twenty twelve, he would have used them in twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one. He did nothing while Trump was president the first time, did nothing, didn't invade anybody. He invaded Crimea, and it took Trimea. When Obama was president, he took He took Crimea when Obama was president, he invaded Ukraine. When Biden was president, he took South Assessina when but when Bush was president, he did nothing the first time. So but that's fine, you know, you know, if that's your analysis, that that Putin has stuff on Trump and that's why he is agreeing to perhaps agreeing, perhaps we don't know for sure, but agree.
Speaker 5: It's always ready to push the buttons. So so I don't know, he's always ready to push the button putin. They were trying to deal with him carefully. You know he's got he'll go to any LINEX putin.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, fair enough, thanks very much, John, appreciate it. Okay, I'm gonna with your permission, uh, Brett, I'm going to go to Dawn in New Albany, Indiana here because I'll go past. I'll go through the break here, Dawn, welcome next on nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, hello, I'll try to be briefer than the.
Speaker 2: Last couple of Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: And it's not first time. This is my fourth call. I don't want to reiterate all of barbarous excellent points, even though I realized that was a challenging call, but just at the point where we are today, regardless, I think you're surprisingly optimistic about the outcome of this, uh yeah, a mineral rights deal or whatever, and I think that's going to be really economic and not the kind of thing that's going to provide the security guarantees that Ukrainians really need, uh for them to be done with the war for their territorial integrity. So I kind of hope I'm wrong, but this is going to accomplish what you seem to expect. We can just hope for the best. But I don't think we're there yet, and you're you're glossing over I think details about what would follow if the economic agreement is enough to get close to peace or maintain the peace, whatever kind of buffer.
Speaker 2: When I was trying to say before, and you may have heard me say this, maybe not. But let me just say real quickly, Maybe maybe Zelenski realizes that a NATO membership as a non starter, and maybe he feels the best thing is a economic partnership with the US in uranium minerals and oil and gas, and that Putin wouldn't be crazy enough to reinvade Ukraine as long as the United States had an economic interest in the grounds of Ukraine.
Speaker 7: I hear you.
Speaker 8: I'm not entirely convinced that it plays out the way you've described it, but no doubt happening, you know, NATO's not happening at this stage. Certainly wouldn't happen while Trump is in office. Regardless of whether that Putin would go for it. So anyway, I'm a crossing my fingers hoping for the best. But I think an economic agreement is simply not the same thing as a security agreement that the Ukrainians need and deserve.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hope that whatever agreement is reached. And again, I'm not even sure they're going to reach an agreement. I'm just suggesting they have at least taken a step in the right direction, that's all. I mean. It's easy for us to sit here because we're not being bombed every day. Ukraine's been bombed for three years. It may be that that the moment in time has reached where they prefer a peace as opposed to, you know, continue being bombed. I don't know. I'm not in Ukraine.
Speaker 8: I'll just throw in here. I don't want to take more of your time. But you know, I think Trump is truly jealous of Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, and I think he would really like to find a way to justify one. So you know, maybe he'll do it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize before he became even uh, before he took office, you.
Speaker 8: Know that, right, No, No, I you know I agree. Although I'm an Obama fan, I think it was unjustified and thank you turn it down.
Speaker 2: You know I think that. Yeah. So anyway, don you're a reasonable caller. Have you called before?
Speaker 8: This is the fourth call?
Speaker 2: Do me a favor, continue to call more often? Okay, at least I was able write a conversation. We agreed, and we agreed agreeable, we disagreed, and we did that agreeably. And that's what this show is supposed to be about. Thank you so much. You have a great night. We've had a great night tonight, and I want to finish strong, but I don't have a lot of time. So let me get to everybody quickly, and if everybody could be concise, I'll try to listen to what you have to say. Do it in a minute and a half and I won't even interrupt it. Jay in Maine, Jay, You're next on Nightside, Go right ahead. That's a strong start. Let's let's put Jay on. Let's put Jay on hold bread please because Jays there. Let me go to patent framing him. Patton next on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Yes, good evening, Dan. I'm just have I just have one comment in that regarding the rare minerals or the minerals in terms of the proposal. Earlier in the evening, you were wondering what they were, as well as one of your callers. I'm not sure right and and lall Street Journal last week had an excellent article. It carried the story on the US Envoy Kellogg's proposed visit with Zelensky, and and so that was part of the proposal that he was offering him. The minerals that were identified were titanium, and they happened to be the world's largest supplier cadmium and lithium, and so those in it with minerals, those are oh absolutely, and in fact they are resources that are increasing in value. If you think of batteries, if you I mean just a number of things, even joints are made of titanium. So there's a huge demand. Zelensky refused the proposal. He said, I really need to speak with my team, and he said, you know, at this time the US has already given US one hundred billion dollars, but I need five hundred And the envoy said, this is the best deal that you can get, and we're looking at three hundred thousand but we need to have some reciprocity.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this, because again I'm tight on time. Patch called late. And are you optimistic that this might actually work? Or no?
Speaker 11: Yes I am. I am optimistic because I think for the first time that we are aware, uh, as citizens, that there is reciprocity demanded.
Speaker 3: Yep, and uh you know we got.
Speaker 2: I hate to do this to you, but you called late, and I got it. I got three others I wanted to sneak in here. Thank you. Yours was a great call.
Speaker 9: Have you called before now once or twice?
Speaker 11: When you have specialism?
Speaker 2: Come more often? Would you? I'd love to tat to you longer. Sure, Thank you appreciate it. Let's go back to Jay and Maine. Jay, we're going to give you a second shot out here. Go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are we doing?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 1: Goodnight, good evening, Good evening.
Speaker 2: You gotta be quick, Jay, We're running out of time.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Yeah, I see you.
Speaker 1: While everybody's winding you up, I try to unwind. Yet's like I've been listening for years and I love the show. The stress of Nations with Perplexity is where we're at, and so I'm thinking I wanted to change gears a little bit. When you I listened to you a lot for a lot of years. All dogs and cats go to heaven.
Speaker 6: Tell me what you say near the end of the night.
Speaker 7: There is that?
Speaker 1: What you say, like, all dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna hear that in about two minutes.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, so they go because they're not guilty of doing any evil. So I'm looking forward to see, you know, pets and the animals and all that in the next world. And hopefully that's disarming everybody that's thinking about bombs and money and all these sexes and stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, call earlier some night and we'll have a longer conversation about that. But I want to finish up. I got a couple of other folks. I want to give them a shot.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thank you for your kindness. Have a good night.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jay, appreciate you. Appreciate the breath of fresh air. Thank you. Let me go to Jamie and Winthrop. Jamie, you're gonna wrap the hour for us. What's up, Jamie, Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: I'll be very quick. So let's ski and Putin don't want to sit down at the table together, so it's up to us to meet one side, hear what they want, meet the other side what they want. And that's basically what it's down to. I mean, you're not gonna get those two guys to sit together at a table. No way in help, you know. So that's why I don't understand why people are having a fit about we we have to negotiate separately.
Speaker 2: And like some people, there's some folks tonight, including Barbara in the hand, who was really they were really wound up. And look if if if we can bring these hostilities to an end, or if the president President Trump could bring them to an end. Uh, and this this or could go on forever and another million people can die in the next two or three years.
Speaker 6: I mean it looks like being like a mediator between a strike.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: You gotta when you have two sides don't want to talk, you have to go to a mediator. And this is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I think I think I let me tell you something. I think you nailed it. I should have probably used that analogy earlier tonight. But Jamie, I appreciate your call. I really do. Uh, and I hope they do. I hope you call more off.
Speaker 6: He was going to call tonight, but I was listening to all the belligerent people and I just felt like.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 2: I generally don't need the help, but thank you very much. Nonetheless, Thanks Jamie. We'll talk again all right.
Speaker 3: Good nap, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Brett, great job tonight. Thank you so much. We expect Rob Brett back tomorrow night. Brett, you were welcome any night here on nights. I want to thank Maritas well. I want to thank all the callers, including Barbara from Nahant, some more challenging than others. I'll end us always, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago this very month. That's why your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. If you'll join me tonight on Facebook at night Side with Dan Ray, I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Have a great Wednesday, everyone, We're back tomorrow night. Thanks everyone. Thanks Brett.