Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the Great American and the.
Speaker 2: Weather terri if the correct all health breaking.
Speaker 1: Moves from the tris day in factors on the restimate of what is happening.
Speaker 3: But we're going to have live coverage all day as much as we can about the roads, about the bridges, about the thoroughfares, about the hospitals and more. Until then, I want to check in with the seven or eight counties that surround Hamilton County. The most important, of course is Butler County and your good friend Richard K. Jones and Sheriff once again, welcome on the snowy Monday afternoon in the Tri State to the Bill Cunningham showing Sheriff, what's the status of Butler County? Other emergencies declared? Is at one, two or three? The highways, the bridges. How are we looking? Give me a full report, Sheriff.
Speaker 4: Here's what we got.
Speaker 5: I started yesterday coming in checking the roads out around four pm yesterday as the snow was just sprinkling a little bit. The roads were passable. Few accidents. At six pm Butler County, we added dispatchers, we added our emergency response teams, placed them out throughout the County had them on alert. It can help people you don't know what happens. We also opened our EOC and we had it operational. We had everybody out. We declared a Level one snow emergency in the beginning. Level one is just where you can just don't go out unless you have to. A Level two is absolutely don't go out unless you have two. A Level three is it's against the law to go out unless you're an emergency worker. We didn't decare declare level two or a level three. We declared a level two. Right now, it looks like we've got eight to nine inches of snow, which is a lot, and people don't have their snow legs on. You get snow legs when you have snow. Last year we never had snow. This year we got snow first snow. People think they can hit the brakes and then they slide and lose control. We've had a few accidents. I just go foam with dispatch. I visited the dispatch last night and our EOC and right now we're maintaining.
Speaker 4: Still don't go out unless you have to.
Speaker 5: We still have I think maybe three inches of snow depending who you listen to coming on top of this, And I want to put some caution.
Speaker 4: Out to people. If you go out and shovel snow, a lot of people do that.
Speaker 5: They lose their they don't know how much they're shoveling, they get out of breath, their heart rate gets up, they die, or the life squads have to come out. Happens every year. We have it every time all over the United States. And if you have dogs or animals outside, take care of them. Remember, and small dogs their legs may only be two inches tall, and if they go outside, you got to shovel a little.
Speaker 4: Spot for them.
Speaker 5: You got to take care of your animals. When I shovel snow, I got a shovel snow for.
Speaker 4: A little dog that I got. Legs are about two inches. It's a tough business.
Speaker 5: But right now everything's going well. It's still we're under a level two. Don't go out unless you have to, and just be careful with everything you do until when you go outside you slift fall. But in Butler County there will snow emergency level two.
Speaker 4: I don't see I'm going to lift that anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Bill, Well, what about the interstate seventy one seventy five? Is that I think it's passable. But seventy one cutting the Hill and Stuart Road is a semi that's blocking all lanes of the travel. What's the condition of seventy one seventy five in Butler County?
Speaker 4: It's drive with caution.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they'll have the drifting snow, the blowing snow. You might have one lane open, stay in that lane, Go slow, don't go fast, don't get angry, don't try to get around somebody. And if you go out, put some clothes in there. You don't know what's going to happen. Make sure your phone is charged, warm clothes, and so you can get somebody to come get you. The best thing is to not go out unless you have to, because when you're getting an accident and the emergency people have to come out, they risk their lives get out. So right now the roads are passable in Butler County, and Greg Wilkins, the engineer, doing a great job with his trucks getting up ahead of this. And in the cities they've done a great job. Hamilton, Middletown, Fairfield, west Chester.
Speaker 4: They're all doing a good job.
Speaker 5: These people have been up twenty four hours hitting the snow and it's still coming in most of the time. Like on Raine four, there's one lane open on either side. Just drive the one lane when you turn, be careful. But right now, watching the snow, it's still flaking down. It looks like we've had eight to nine inches someplace, maybe be more some or less, and we've still got more coming.
Speaker 3: My friend and sheriff. I'm looking at the forecast. The low overnight's going to be nine degrees. I would imagine everything on the roadway is going to freeze. It's going to be solid ice. And looking forward to Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, the low temperatures are single digits or below, and so the snow and the ice there now are are going to be there. I'm looking ahead ten days next Wednesday of next week, the low temperature is six and the high temperature is twenty six. So these conditions will be present for the next two weeks anyway. And so what if you're an employer, there are something most employees have shut down, most of them aren't opening up. Would you encourage businesses in Butler County not to open?
Speaker 5: That's up to them, But listen, your employees have to make it to work. I have employees that work at the Sheriff's office, the civil employees, and we had to pick some of them up to come in. We had a massive swearing in ceremony today where we I swore all of my employees in, roughly five hundred employees and they come to work. It's a massive project. You're going to swear them each in and in groups, and then the paperwork that has to be done anytime there's a new share for a new office holder. So what I would encourage people to do is a use caution and if you can shut down for a little while, it's not going to kill anything. But I'm not I don't run your business. And a Level two they can still come in, but I would recommend that they very very patiently and have caution having people come in. It's really not worth it to make an extra dollar. I understand the American way, but use caution.
Speaker 3: And Level three means if you're out on the roads, you'll be arrested. You don't see a level three being declared unless something different occurs.
Speaker 5: I don't see a level three at this time. We're still monitoring throughout the county, the traffic, the roads, the weather conditions, I've talked to.
Speaker 4: I talked to Preble.
Speaker 5: County Sheriff last night and we were in communication.
Speaker 4: We talked to the road crews.
Speaker 5: We try to make it safe for everybody as safe as we can. And I want everybody to be assured that your sheriff's office is on this and we're out there. Well, hey, we're out there at night, we're out there during the day. We're out in the rain, tornadoes, hurricanes, and we're on the road. And my emergency response teams they're actually trained for this, and they're already out anyway. They have several jobs. They're patrolled deputies, they're correction officers, and they're already at work, and when something bad enough happens, we can activate them and send them out to do what they have to do. They've been deployed all over the country. And then when it comes to you have it like this here, we're prepared for that bill.
Speaker 3: Right because of your work in the South and elsewhere. Well, you know, we're not used to this. I can recall back in the good old days, it really weren't that good anyway. These winter temperatures were kind of normal. This is what happened all the time. And I think the last several years we've had one snowstorm of great significance. I can't recall the last time we had ice and freezing rain and ten inches or twelve inches of snow and impassable conditions. It's been a long time, and people don't know how to drive in this kind of weather if they've done it in a while. And but we'll see what happened. Sheriff, great job. I'm glad you're there. And today was the day that you had to come to work. You will anyway, but today's the day you've got to swear all the new deputies under your leadership in. I know the I Supreme Court's got a big investiture tomorrow, and I anticipate I'm supposed to be the MC. I'm gonna check which Chief Justice Sharon Kennedy later on from Butler County, whether that thing's going on. But Sheriff, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Stay safe and thanks for checking in. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'll be in touch with you.
Speaker 5: Just everybody just drive cautiously and be careful. And again, Sheriff's sauces got your back.
Speaker 3: Man, Sheriff, Richard K. Jones, You're the best. Thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Sheriff. Let's continue with more. We also have weather updates constantly from Channel nine and also Chuck Ingram is here with the traffic and more. It's your home of the Bengals are looking for three or four new coaches on news radio seven hundred.
Speaker 4: You ought of it.
Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the great American.
Speaker 3: This is the snow emergencies continue and after Richard K. Jones, David Young, then leaders of Hamlin the county coming up, and also the Zach Taylor news conference live at twelve forty five today and Dave Young and the Commissioner of Warren County. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Dave, we normally talk about great events like the tennis tournament and the construction of Right now there's a weather emergency happening. What is the status now of Warren County?
Speaker 4: Afternoon?
Speaker 5: Will I think Warren County is in the same boat as pretty much everybody in southwest Ohio that it looks beautiful. It's great for the kids to get out and play with, but stay off the roads. This is not a good situation to be out driving. That's why our brand new sheriff Berry Riley just declared a Level two snow emergency, basically saying don't get on the roads if you don't have to. It's got to be an absolute emergency. So I think that's really good advice of just stay off the roads, work from home, don't get out, and take it easy, and then get out with your kids potentially and enjoy the weather.
Speaker 3: You know, your yard I seventy one in Hamilton County has been in bad shape. I look at some of the cameras right now at a turtle space up and down the cut in the hill, whether it's in Covington or whether it's in Kenwood, and what is the status of I seventy one or seventy five in Warren.
Speaker 4: County exactly the same.
Speaker 5: I mean, most of the state routes, the local roads are passable. But yet it's not a good situation. You know, you've got higher winds, snow is blowing. Luckily we don't have the icy conditions yet, but the roads are slick. I mean, it's just, you know, it's common sense right now, if you don't have to be out don't be out. It's not like we're going to come in and say, oh wait. You know, they're doing a great job, because they are doing a great job of trying to clear the roads. But with the rate of snowfall that's happening right now, even as I look out the window, you know, half an hour later, an hour later, after you shovel something or plow something, all of a sudden, it's looking like you haven't touched it.
Speaker 4: So that's the impetus of south the roads.
Speaker 3: And tonight's going to be a low of nine degrees, it's going to be the windshill around zero, whatever's out there. And I look forward, Dave Young, for the next ten to twelve days, there are lows below zero and nothing's going to change the next ten to twelve days, which is quite unusual. We've not had weather like this since the late nineteen seventies, and as a consequence, many communities are not prepared, having not lived through it. But as far as the preparation factor in Warren County, as far as the snow plows, etc. How many you're out approximately. What about the state of Ohio, they're doing the interstate highways to state systems and do you have enough equipment to get the job done.
Speaker 5: We do have enough equipment. While our county engineer, Kurt Weber and new county engineer that's been with the office for a long time, we go through each summer and procure tons and tons of salt and then they add the additives to it, the beat stuff that works down to a certain you know, because I think it salt works above like fifteen degrees or something like that. Then you add you have an additive that can lower that temperature. So the engineers are on it. But again, no matter what they do, when you have a high rate of snowfall, it catches up to them almost as soon as you do it. Which again the message of the day is, don't go out if you don't have to. There's nothing special that's going on inside of Warren County. Our crews are working as hard as possible. I know they're tired. Everybody's tired that has been up literally all night trying to.
Speaker 4: Make the roads as passable as possible.
Speaker 5: But please don't put our emergency responders, you know, the fire departments, and you know our county sheriffs, the local police. Let's not put those those folks in jeopardy by being out and saying, Oh, I'm my car can handle it. Oh I got four wheel drive, I'm front wheel drive. No big deal, And all of a sudden you slide off into a ditch and your whole day is ruined and you're paying deductibles on your insurance.
Speaker 4: It's just not a good situation.
Speaker 5: Unless you absolutely have to do it. Don't leave your driveway.
Speaker 3: And for those who may not be aware, Level one means be alert. Level two emergency means do not leave your home unless it is required travel. Level three is if you're on the road, you'll be arrested. And so among them those three, Warren County is at level two and many do not see it getting to a level three. And I would anticipate Sheriff Riley, who took over from a long time sheriff in Warren County, is his men are out there and women are out there every hour of every day reporting back to him what is happening in Warren County. And right now it's a level two, unlikely to go to a level three unless something else occurs. And this is one time the weatherman got it right. So this is the fifty percent of the time they got it right. This time correct, they'd be in the Weatherland Hall of Fame. They all predicted it today.
Speaker 5: But yeah, our Sheriff's department has a policy of not declaring level one snow inergent emergencies. We think our residents have enough common sense to understand that. So and it's incredibly rare and literally, Sheriff Riley just took office one of his first axes declaring a level two snow emergency, which I think is appropriate. Again, this is not good. This is not healthy to be out on the roads, and it puts emergency responders at risk when you go out and be aggressive. Oh it's fine, I've got a four wheel drive. It's no big deal. It is a big deal.
Speaker 4: Do not go out on the roads.
Speaker 1: All right, Sjah.
Speaker 3: This is Sheriff Riley and also a commissioner David Young getting ready for the big Cincinnati Tennis Open this summer. And Dave Young, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. You'll be paying attention at twelve forty five today when Zach Taylor has a live news conference. We're going to cover live about what's happening with Bengaledoon and once again, Commissioner David Young, You're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 4: God bless you, Willie.
Speaker 3: God bless America. Let's continue with more, or let's set up the rest of today's show. Twelve forty five will be Zach Taylor. At twelve thirty six, we have a seven of a five or six minute report from Chuck Ingram about the road status after one o'clock today is Moe Hager about the roads, but also about what's happening with the Bengals and more. It appears that there are several coaches for the Bengals gone, including lou Anarumo and offensive line coach Frank Pollock and linebacker coach James Betcher and defensive line coach Marion Hobby. We're gonna have more on that in the news conference at twelve forty five today at Rome of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW, Billy and the Great America. Let's continue now with Chuck G. Ingram, the Grand Emperor of traffic and the tri State like that. What time did you come in this morning? If at all? I was here at four thirty am. Eastern time.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Been here ever since, been here ever since. Tell me now the conditions, Give me a live update. What's happening.
Speaker 1: I saw a little bit of an improvement on northbound seventy one. They were having all kinds of problems with this last belt of or band of snow that came through. So one semi started things off, broke down in the center lane. Another one tried to go to the right, couldn't quite get by, the other one tried to go to the left. That's it, anyone, anyone? Three semis across three lanes.
Speaker 3: Of traffic north or southbound seventy one Nobound by Stuart Road, by the cut in the hill. Yes, and as we speak now, I'm looking right there.
Speaker 1: Not so good. No, not good. Oh, that's a different one. Once you're looking at it's northbound seventy one downtown. Not good. No, that's the problem they were having at the Liberty Ramp with an accident there stop you from later on.
Speaker 3: He drove up seventy one, he said, no problem, and normally takes fifteen minutes. He said, I'm going to take maybe eighteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Do you believe it? No, No, I don't believe. I don't believe it for a moment, shoots his mouth off on a regular basis, look at it right there, none of us. They are starting to move just a little bit. But the northbound seventy one near Stuart where I was talking about the three semi side by side by side a while. No, actually they got right before I came in to talk to you. They said, oh, Willie's going to be on, I better clear this out over your right now. Sheriff's office, Highway Patrol moved it off to the right and the way you go.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: But I'm not sure a lot of people are going to be working to go home. But at rush hour four to six, get out your crystal ball, chuck Ingram, what will be going on?
Speaker 1: If anything, I think it's going to be light enough because a lot of people are staying home that it may not be all that bad, especially if all of our folks and friends at Channel nine are right from the weather center there and say that it's going to start to ease up a little bit around two or three o'clock through downtown. But the low temperature tonight is nine degrees. Well, there you go and swing the pendulum back the other way to be ugly. Yeah, it is. That's going to be really nasty because you get to a certain temperature and the salt doesn't work anything anymore.
Speaker 3: And that's about where we are. Have you had a morning like this in a long time?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, this is this has been. This is your super Bowl yesterday's set of record since nineteen seventy seven. We haven't had that much snow on a single day since nineteen seventy seven, you know, when we walked across the Ohio River and all that.
Speaker 3: Kind of I had friends of mine that diad advice dot on the shoreline. I was a coward and I did not leave.
Speaker 1: I played hockey on the Little Miami almost every day real in nineteen seventy eight. Yeah really yeah, because I was raised out on the east Side, so I could. You're tough. Oh well, I was probably pretty stupid, but of course that's why you're working here this long. Well, ouch, how many years have you been here?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: This is thirty three? Thirty three? Yeah, let's make it a career. What do you say? I'd say we're done, Jack Ingram, thank you very much, be good, willing, God bless America. By the way, we've scheduled a twelve forty five news conference with Zach Taylor. We're going to carry live a news radio seven hundred you auto it broke this morning.
Speaker 3: In addition to the snow situation, head football coach Zach Taylor scheduling a news conference at twelve forty five today. And there's been a lot of reporting that defensive court endor lou Anrumo has been let go. He's been in his position since twenty nineteen, and he was head of a defense that led the Bengals to the Super Bowl in two AFC Championship games. But the last two years they've struggled mightily. I think this year they're twenty fifth or twenty sixth in the league far having an effective defense. And it's clear that Taylor fell to change was necessary and firing into Rumo. There was a lot of speculation in the last two or three years that he was up for head coaching positions that seemingly may still happen. Who knows, but anna Rumo has been the dean of the defense, which hasn't been that defensive that'll past two years maybe not do a lack of good coaching by lou but rather for the players he's forced to play. Also, there's been reporting from the athletics Paul Dayner that Taylor is also going to let go offensive line coach Frank Pollock and defensive line coach Marion Hobby and linebackers coach at James Spetcher. And the news conference schedule at this hour, we'll go to that live when it occurs, which should be any second, any minute, and after one o'clock today, we've scheduled Moeger to come on and talk about not just the weather, but what's happening with the Bengals is to prepare for the twenty twenty five season. Great disappointment as reigning throughout the land because of what's happened the past couple of years. Last year there was a good reason, a good excuse, because Joe Burrow was hurt in the Ravens game, broke his wrist and was out for the last five games. They fell to nine to eight, didn't make the playoffs, and this year, once again there were nine to eight after a terrible start and the start of the starts of the first three or four games of the season under the Zach Taylor regime has been terrible. I think they're have gone something like seven and twenty one something of that character. They lose about two thirds of their games. The first three or four games of the season, they're terrible. They're not ready to play the season, and then they start off in the hole, started to dig out of the hole. So something had to be done, and there was some speculation Zach Taylor's job was on the chopping block, but I think no serious person thought that trigger would be pulled. But lou Ana Roumo's a different situation. According to Scott Sloan, he was called down to the stadium, went down and was fired along with these other coaches, and he had one year left on his contract, so I would imagine you'll collect that whatever that is, and then interviewed for other jobs throughout the league. Same thing true with the other three coaches that were let go. The status quo is simply not sustainable in this environment when you have perhaps the best quarterback in football, and one might argue the fact that Joe Burrow just had the greatest year for a Bengals quarterback ever in the fifty five years of their existence. Talk about Boomer Sizon or bring up Kenny Anderson or Carson Palmer, whoever it might be that And there's never been a season quite like this one by the Joe Burrow. And also it appears that the wide receiver from LSU, the Great Number one, had the most was the MVP and he won all three of the possible crowns. And Jamar Chase is up for contract extensions sometime soon along with the Great Number five, to see what happens with him. A lot of big decisions had to be made. The windows wide open, and it's going to be wide open for the next two or three or four years as long as Joe Burrow's contract kicks in. He's got a five year contract extension that begins in twenty twenty five, So twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, eight, twenty nine, Joe Burrow will be here. And as long as Joe Burrow is playing, the Bengals have a chance to go all the way without any question. But we'll see what happens with The news conference schedule will begin any minute, any second. And the defense struggled with the last two years. They were terrible.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 3: I think they hit rock bottom this year. There was a sense that Joe was getting hit too many times making his passes, and the offensive line coach had to take a hit on this regard, and away we go, and so the defense needs to be addressed. And as Mowagger has said many times in many places, what occurs the last three years in the draft is that the Bengals draft has been laden with defensive players, few, if any, have worked out to one extent or another, and so that cannot continue in the situation in which the Bengals are in a league. Let's face it, the Browns are terrible and the Browns remained terrible, and I would point out that Deshaun Watson, according to the Cleveland Press, has suffered a setback and his injury was achilles tendon and that looks likely he's not coming back at all, which is unfortunate. If you're a Bengals fan, you'd like to see Deshaun Watson number four running around for the Browns. And then the of course, Pittsburgh, it was perceived this year would have a down year. That didn't work out at all. Even though they've lost the last four games. The Bengals should have beat the Steelers here and beat him of course there on Saturday night, and then of course there's always the Baltimore Ravens that looking pregnable with Lamar Jackson running around like crazy, and so it's a special time in Cincinnati Whi Choe Burrow and Jamar Chase and hendrickson. So at some point you have to make some changes. I think the powers that beat Duke Tobn decided with Zach Taylor that the status quote cannot be maintained. We can't simply put on the same coaching staff that brought about the last two years results. And Zach Taylor's not going anywhere. He's got two more years. He's got twenty five and twenty six before his contract is up, and you would think that if this continues one more year, the Bengals won't have a problem buying out one year of his contract, but certainly not two years. So some changes had to be made, and they were made right now, and the news conference should take place any second, any minute, and we'll move on from there. To say this season was disappointing, I think would be an understatement. It was terribly awfully disappointing, and that they anticipated having a Super Bowl run that did not transpire, mainly because of the start when you open up zero in three, which the Bengals did and lose to really bad teams at home, like the New England Patriots. They had to be some changes made and that was the announcement made earlier today by Paul Dayner. And we'll see what happens down the road. And of course we continue to follow the weather situation occurring because at this point things are getting a little bit better, but not really until all the road crews can get out there and clear especially the interstate. If you're on some back road, especially in the eastern part of our listening area, you're in real difficulties for a long period of time. So we continue to follow that story. Also, sometime after one o'clock today we're scheduled to have with us the Great Moager to talk about what the moves the Bengals are making and how it relates to the future. And Joe Burrow made the comment at a news conference earlier in the week that certainly the good players we've had here have got to remain here, and somehow the Bengals have to find a means and a method to sign the DJ readers to contracts who were developed here. Then let go and as a consequence, he's kind of sending a shot across the bow of Duke Tobin and Bengals ownership to say, you know what, we had some pretty good players here that have now left, including an All Pro safety and a defensive lineman like DJ Reader and whoever is selecting the players to be signed by the Bengals in the play, that's got to change to some extent that comes from Joe Burrow. He's telling that to Red's management, I'm sorry, Bengals management and Bengals ownership that these things have got to change one way or another.
Speaker 1: And he's unhappy.
Speaker 3: And I think right now that Joe Burrow is going to spend time away along with the team, and they come back for a summer camp at the end of July first of August. They got to be ready to start the first season. Now, one good thing when you finish third or fourth in your division, you have a third and fourth place schedule for the next year. The schedule will come out sometime in the next three months. But once again, the Bengals are not going to be playing the best teams in the other divisions. They're going to be playing the lower caliber teams. So once again, that should indicate, right, should indicate that the Bengals in twenty twenty five should have the kind of schedule they had this year. This year they had the going into it, they had the twenty ninth toughest schedule, which means only only three other teams had a more difficult schedule than the Cincinnati Bengals had, and they simply did not perform well. When you open uph to three and finish up nine to eight, that means of the next fifteen games, the Bengals went nine and nine and five, which is pretty good plus five in a row. So they begin the season poorly and they end it in a fine in a great way. But in the meantime, you have to have a team that plays all seventeen games in a way that the games in September count the same as the games in January. And for some reason, this team is not ready to play. So every time there's a big, big summer camp and they come in, somehow there has to be a focus the first game, We're gonna win the first game, and that's not been present during the Zach Taylor era whatsoever. In fact, just the opposite. It's been terrible. So let's continue in scheduling this news conference at twelve forty five, it's about eight minutes late. Zach Taylor's acting like a Polo tiss And until then we're going to continue to cover the news. Big story in town, of course, is the weather. Looking at all the monitors around me, it appears that additional accumulations are going to take place between now and two o'clock and maybe one to two more inches, with winds gusting up to thirty five miles an hour beginning this evening and overnight and overnight that's gradually becoming more cloudy. But the low temperature overnight will be nine degrees and looking as far as the eye can see, for the next ten days, there's no break whatsoever, and the temperatures of the weather, in fact, most of the lows next week are going to be wind show factor below zero with single digits. So what we have now is what's going to be here for a long time, causing a complete disruption in school I can't imagine many schools opening tomorrow. I can't imagine that occurring. In fact, I it's scheduled today, as you may recall, to have my gallbladder examined at the Christ House Biddle and that was canceled too. So my gallbladder is on hold. And tomorrow yours trulyest schedule of being Columbus to MC the investiture of Justice Joseph tnt Daters to the High Supreme Court, and that thing, as far as I'm aware, is on right now. But until then, we have nothing but a crisis everywhere. And the weather is returning to form, which is what it's been many years ago. This was a typical winner. Right now this is quite unusual. In fact, looking straight ahead, I'm also looking at the Congress as ready to certify the Trump election victory. After all, this is January the sixth, and that means the President of the Senate, Vice President Kamala Harris, will preside and she will count the votes in the various states that were cast in December. In Ohio, the votes are cast onnor about December the seventeenth. There were seventeen votes, which represents the fifteen House congressional districts plus two for the US Senate. That's how I get to the number seventeen. Stunned by population and Alex trunt Tofilu and Dian reading my sister and also, Richard Kay Jones, the sheriff of Butler County, was one of the ones selected. And looking straight ahead, I see now the Congress as these boxes and the parades coming in with the actual ballots cast by the electors in the various states, and they're walking in now to the chamber and beginning at one o'clock Eastern time, in about four minutes, they're going to open up the box and at that point the ballots will be actually read and counted by the clerk, and then at that point there'll be an actual president selected. That will be Donald Trump. You know, I had a call last night from someone I think it was in North Carolina who was a rock ribbed Republican who said that he wishes things had gone differently four years ago. By that he meant that there was such disruption in the US Capitol that things were delayed several hours. But right now things are back on track the American people. That means you and I, reviewing what happened in January of twenty twenty one, all things considered, said, you know what, we still need to take a different direction. And that direction, of course, was the election of Donald J. Trump to become the forty seventh, having been the forty fifth president of the United States. They're all walking in. I see Bernie Marinos walking in. And the tradition for this ceremony is that all senators march in with a counterpart of the other party. So the Republicans line up when they march in, and then on their right are Democrats, and they march in as if to show some level of unity. Then the House of Representatives is represented by several of the so called committee, the Election Certification Committee, and they walk in, and then at some point in the beginning, in about two and a half minutes, you're going to have the clerk open up hand to Vice President Kamala Harris, which is a constitutional responsibility of actually counting the five hundred and thirty five electoral votes. In fact, I'm sorry, five hundred and thirty eight, because there's five hundred and thirty five plus there's three for the district of Columbia that they get the lowest number of votes, which is the same number that the state of Wyoming receives. So that's happening. The snow situation is ongoing. There's more cancelations occurring between now and the close of business today. On top of that, we have the news conference schedule for twelve forty five with Zach Taylor, and he's acting like a politician, delaying everything. We'll have it for you live when it takes place. But in exactly two minutes and thirty four seconds is when the Joint Session of the Congress will be gambled, and then the Democrats and Republicans come together. I Billy Cunningham after one thirty five today will be Scott Sloan's Good Friend segment. Dennison remote from Middle Tucky. After two o'clock today Hagor picking up the pieces of the news conference. But until then, Scott Sloan, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Scott, when you left here at I rate of speed, I want you to report back in up seventy one. Tell us every step about what happened. Was it safe, was it dangerous? How was one driving? How was the speed limit? How fast did you drive? How quickly did everyone else drive? Give me a full report.
Speaker 2: See you're the problem right there. You're the problem why people can't drive in this weather in Cincinnati. You got all worked up over a little bit of snow. This is not like Dallas. This is in Atlanta. It's not like living in Hawaii or the Caribbean. Willy. You get snow from time to time, you simply turn your headlights on, put your wipers on, maybe take a little bit of our pms off, and you drive. You start to fish tell you slow it down. You don't slam on your brakes. Furthermore, Willie, what do you know about the prindle? Do you know anything about the prindle?
Speaker 3: Is that something you're eating like a cil, like a can a pringle?
Speaker 2: The prindle, the prindle?
Speaker 4: Dark?
Speaker 2: Neutral, reverse drive?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: And then you got your little gears. You shift it down. You got an auto metic transmission, You shift it down. You shift down to two. You shift down to one. If you're standing still a little light. Now you're getting on an on ramp and maybe you got to go upill a little bit.
Speaker 4: You shift it down to.
Speaker 2: One, and then you shift up to two as the engine gets near to max Marty, and then you ship up the drive.
Speaker 4: Eventually, what happens that we will do this, but you.
Speaker 2: Go people worked out because there's a little bit of snow out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you're from both Buffalo and I'm from Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: That's the difference. Why would someone live in Buffalo? For God's sakes, Well.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a choice to where you were born. Did you choose where you were born?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, no, you.
Speaker 2: Did not have a choice.
Speaker 4: So you're born.
Speaker 2: You slipped out the motherly slip and slide, the doctor cut the ribmon, and you said, welcome.
Speaker 6: To the world.
Speaker 2: And you've been annoying people for the last eighty years.
Speaker 3: Sounds like yourself. But how's this different than Buffalo? Because Buffalo is an unmitigated disaster and here in Cincinnati we're not used to this.
Speaker 2: Well besides good football winning records.
Speaker 1: Hello, yeah, we're still here.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is kind of the snow you're get in June.
Speaker 4: You know it does.
Speaker 2: How honestly, the weather Cincinnati's a much more favorable than Buffalo, New York. With a kid growing up, it's like you didn't have to drive into as much because you know, you're you're kind of new at it. But it's it's it's constant. It's not stop there. It's a pain in the butt. Every time you get out of the store, go to the store, you got to shovel your car off again. It's a real pain in the ass. That's why I like Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: You went from here to Mason. Describe what happened to speed limit? How many cars did you encounter? Anyone slipt sliding off the expressway?
Speaker 1: How bad?
Speaker 2: What saw a couple of people have split off the roads, a couple of accidents, fender bender's cars and return. Of course, Willy, I stopped not to help them, but to give them one of your cars as an attorney, because you probably get a chance you could sue somebody, maybe sue O Dot, I know, sue Channel nine. You can sue somebody. Litigation is pending.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Correct? But how quickly did you drive? What does your spinnometer say?
Speaker 2: I did about forty miles an hour. I had my beat up work truck, which if it dies, I will just leave it on the side of the road because it owes me nothing and it's got all We'll drive, and so I'm pretty Good's just to pick up truck be a pickup truck. But then about forty get on the on the highways, and you know there are a few people out there kind of werving around a little bit. But you know, if you've got a smaller car in this kind of weather, that's not that good. So some areas it was interesting between between the mall and field girdle roughly. Sometimes you hit a patch where about a quarter mile would be completely plowed. Then you hit another patch and it looks like they haven't touched it since last year. So I don't know. It's like intermittent plowing that's going on out there. I'm not quite sure. I don't think it's blowing drifting snow just yet. But if you stay in the channels, I think you'll be all right. But we're else. You don't need to go anywhere. I mean, you live right down the street. You don't have to drive that far.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: But tomorrow, right tomorrow, I'm scheduled to go to Columbus and the Supreme Court of Ohio. How will look like tomorrow afternoon?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Probably icy and windy, I would think, right, also sub zero temperatures. Don't don't you have like the helicopters the line that's opera, Yes, I don't want to rent it out.
Speaker 1: Yes I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Sharon Kennedy will send me the Supreme Court helicopter get me there.
Speaker 2: That tomorrow the swearing in. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yes, at two o'clock, how about that?
Speaker 2: That would be pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'll be swearing all right slowaney, thanks you much. Yeah, go ahead, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, just don't drive fast, don't turn your hazards on. Use the prindle? Will he remember? Use the prindle? And the other question I have coming up maybe you can answer to is where the hell is? Segment?
Speaker 3: He's at home in the basement in his underwear. Hopefully he'll live in about six minutes.
Speaker 2: Being kringled and drooling.
Speaker 1: No doubt he won't be here until Red's opening day at this rate.
Speaker 2: What yeah, yeah, that's true. When he sees his shadow, he opens your fridge and the light goes up and he sees his shadow at six more weeks of wetpants.
Speaker 3: Segment slowney, Thank you very much. Let's continue with more news next at Jerhomi the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: With the seventeenth pick in the NFL drafts the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 1: Hello, Biant Scot, I'm broadcasting segment.
Speaker 3: The Bengals have a seventeenth pick in the NFL draft, which will be bigger than Montana in April. But report to the American people where you are, because many are remote, including you. Sloane's going to after your pretty hard today, but not me. Report to where you are, if anywhere.
Speaker 8: I'm sitting down in my basement Willie with a with the first Lady of Middletown, my lovely wife, Deniece, and we're watching a TV as Justin Trudeau has resigned as Canadian Prime Minister, and nowt of what that mean that Canada becomes the fifty first state.
Speaker 3: The first step to take is get rid of Justin Trudeau. Secondly, ask the people of Canada if they want to become the fifty first date. Most Canadians would say yes, they can't take it anymore. He was head of a Liberal party that destroyed the Canadian economy, wide open borders, etc. This guy was terrible, much worse than his father, you might recall Pierre. Pierre and Justin both have ruined Canada. My Canadian friends loved the fact of Canada becoming the fifty first state. Maybe fifty five, fifty six. They could have four or five states in Canada. Hook them up and away we go. Maybe we could trade them California and New York trade those north and maybe take Canada to the south.
Speaker 1: How about that.
Speaker 8: I'd like to have Newfoundland and also Nova Scotia segment.
Speaker 3: Get me into the student's report and give me some sports and make it fast.
Speaker 8: Will you on this winter storm warning report? The stooge reporters of crowd service of your local PEMP Star eating and air conditioning dealers PM star quality you could feel. Bengals update, Willie, brought to you by Good Spirits winding to backward party Town. Thank you Roxy. The Bengals today firing defensive coordinator lou An Arumo after six seasons, offensive line coach Frank Pollock, linebacker coach James Betcher, and also defensive line coach Mario Hobby. Uh So, there were rumors last night, Willie that they were going to make changes, but one day into the offseason, head coach Zach Taylor makes that announcement today.
Speaker 6: Are they the.
Speaker 1: Escape goat for Zach Taylor's own bad performance?
Speaker 6: Did point?
Speaker 8: I don't think it is that they had. You know, they had a five game winning streak at the end of at the beginning of the season. Why I mean at the end of the season and trying to get in if they if they don't go over the start of the beginnings of the season of this team stink over the last few years, and they went zero to three this year, and it's like and then they're trying to get out of a four and eight hole. They've won five in a row to finish what they did, but they needed help. The start of the season is just as important as the as the end. So that's what they got to do.
Speaker 3: Seg Man, You deal with that, Perbly, I deal with reality. Zach Taylor has been the head coach of your Bengals for six seasons. In the first two games those twelve games, Zach taylor teams are one and eleven, which is the worst record in the history of football for any six game stretch by any NFL team in history. And the coach in charge of that one in eleven kept his job and fired a bunch of other coaches.
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 8: That's up to him, Willie, and he went through Bengals management to make these move though. You knew something was gonna happen because lou An Arumo was on top of the world a couple of years ago, and then the defense just went south of finishing like what twenty fifth or something like that, towards the bottom of the NFL all season long, and many defensive categories, so you know, I don't know. I mean, it's the NFL and that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, there's two games with Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow is one and nine.
Speaker 8: Welsy. There you go, right there.
Speaker 1: That's another one that's not good.
Speaker 8: No college basketball. Willie, the Sean Miller Show, set for tonight, has been canceled due to the ongoing snowstorm. The new EP Top twenty five College Basketball poll is out. Tennessee remains number one, Kentucky up to sixth u See is out of the top twenty five this week due to losses to Kansas and Arizona. Not good nku's Trey Robinson as the Horizon League Player of the Week to average twenty one points per game and wins over Green Bay and Purdue Fort Wayne. The Reds with a deal today They acquired the right handed pitcher Owen White from the Texas Rangers for cash. He's a twenty five year old right handed pitcher six foot three. He spent most of last season at Triple.
Speaker 3: A Well one of the Reds Pitchers and Catchers report.
Speaker 1: Do we know.
Speaker 8: Next month?
Speaker 3: I think it's Valentine's Day, February the fourteenth.
Speaker 8: Oh, there you go, it's almost you know, it's almost action time for the Red Lakes.
Speaker 3: February tenth is even closer. So today, you know, today's sixth, that's twenty five and ten. That's five weeks from today. Five weeks from today. Pitchers and Patris report.
Speaker 8: How about that?
Speaker 3: I didn't think I'd ever say that that the Bengals season is done? And is there an axtra grind against the Kansas City Chiefs because they rolled over and played dead. They had like five first downs, scored nothing. They did not want Joe Burrow and the.
Speaker 1: Bengals in the playoffs, right, they wonted Denver in the playoffs and they played like it. Isn't that a scandal?
Speaker 8: I would say though yet? But apparently the Chiefs are still stuck on the tarmac in Denver because they can't get back home because Kansas City is a mess out of state like everything else.
Speaker 5: Stay.
Speaker 3: In fact, they couldn't take off to get there. Now they can't take off to go back home.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, they stabbed the Bengals in the back, and then the Chiefs should have beaten in any fair sense Denver.
Speaker 4: Now I would make it.
Speaker 8: Well, you know they're going to protect Mahomes and Kelsey and all the rest of them. And you knew that Denver was going to pay somebody yesterday because you know, they didn't get it done against the Bengals and their backs were up against the wall and they were going to win at home. So you know that's the way it is.
Speaker 3: I also know in the history of the National Football League going back nearly one hundred years, that.
Speaker 1: This is the first time in NFL history.
Speaker 3: Where you had a a Bengal wide receiver Jamar Chase win the Triple Crown, and Trey Henderson had the most sacks, and Joe Burrow led the league in passing.
Speaker 4: And guess they don't make it.
Speaker 1: They don't make it any the playoffs and they.
Speaker 8: Don't make it. I mean, that's just mind boggling to me that that those three. I mean, I can't remember the last time a Bengal led the league in sacks. It has to be a long time ago. Check the history book, Bacon or somebody like that. I mean, I don't know I mean it's ever happened. I mean, I don't know. It's unbelievable, Andy Max.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you had the best defensive end in football, the best quarterback in football, the best wide receiver along with t Higgins first time in NFL history, and guess what the Bengals couldn't get a sniff.
Speaker 8: Now the draft going to be in front of the TV watching the action.
Speaker 1: No, it's not good, sake you and me.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching, They'll be watching. It's not it's not fair, not good. Now I want to ask you this question about your main burden. Third round choice out of Alabama, Role Tide. Yeah, he was left at home for the Pittsburgh game by Zach Taylor. And he's also suffering an eviction from his apartment in the banks for not paying rent. My sources tell me he's due to be in Hamley County Common Please, I'm sorry municipal court on January the twenty fourth, including ten thousand dollars in damage to his apartment and not paying rent. Third round draft choice Alabama Roll Tide, Jermaine Burton.
Speaker 1: What the hell is going on with this?
Speaker 8: I have no idea, Willie. I saw that. I saw that over the weekend and he was left and left here in Cincinnati, and that guy's been a problem for a while.
Speaker 4: Why who?
Speaker 8: Like he was going to get on the right track and then all of a sudden, whammo. And then and then I saw that over the weekend about the eviction. Notice that I'm going, what what was he thinking?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 8: You live for free and those swanky apartments that they that.
Speaker 3: They live in, Well when you when you get evictim for not paying round. I don't know what his contract was. I would assume he received hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 8: I would say, so.
Speaker 1: Maybe a million a year. I don't know. And he's the future.
Speaker 3: He's supposedly going to take the place of t Higgins And now the Bengalleys cannot let T Higgins go. They can't Jamar Chase not signing him last year was stupid. That was real stupid, but right, and now you have it, Jamar Jermaine Burton is got. I would imagine he's going to be.
Speaker 8: Released, well, I would say so, but knowing the Bengals will probably give him another chance, like they did a bunch of these other players years ago when they got in trouble. And then they finally say, well, enough's enough and that's it.
Speaker 1: At some point a year from now, if the Bengals don't make the playoffs again, look for Zach Taylor and Duke Tobin both to be fired because if he can't make it with that, if they don't.
Speaker 8: Make it again, and that's going to be you know what to.
Speaker 3: Pay the best quarterback, the best wide receiver, the best defensive end. And they finished, they're picking seventeenth in.
Speaker 8: The draft and they're sitting at home.
Speaker 1: It's it's ridiculous and you can't go.
Speaker 8: Also, Williams Soccer News, we say congrats to Indian Hill Boys soccer coach Brian Daniel, who was with us on New Student Report. He's been named these small public school boys coach of the Year. The Braves won twenty three and zero and they won the Division three state title.
Speaker 1: That guy deserves it, Amen.
Speaker 8: And then how about this. Austin FC has acquired former FC Cincinnati star Brandon Vasquez from CF Monterey out of the Lega MX League in Mexico. Ten million million, ten million for Brandon Vasquez.
Speaker 2: Well, how much is a good player?
Speaker 4: MESSI?
Speaker 8: How much he was a good player here?
Speaker 1: Well, why do he leave FC.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 8: I think that I think he wanted to, Like he's a native of Mexico and probably wanted to go back there to that league. And now he's back in the MLS and Austin.
Speaker 3: The record indicates he was sold to Mexico. Normally things go to the other direction, but nonetheless he was sold to Mexico.
Speaker 1: Now he's back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think. Yeah, I was going to say it's usually the other way around, but I don't know. Some of that stuff in soccer, I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: I wish some of those scribes would have asked, Zach Taylor, will you be fired in the year if this continues? What responsibility do you have to be the head coach? Why blame other people when you're the guy in charge. He's the one that hired all these coaches, He's the one that drafted Jermaine Burton. Yeah, why didn't somebody ask him those guys? That's a good thing. I wasn't on the zoom call, That's all I got to say. Hey, can I get on a zoom call with him?
Speaker 8: At some point we'll try to work it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll like to ask him some questions. Yep, all right, seg man, give me out of the studite report. Are you coming in tomorrow? Of course, if the Chief Justice wants me in Columbus tomorrow, I will be there. Nonetheless, will you be here tomorrow? If I'm not here?
Speaker 8: It all depends on our heroes, Willie. What on the highway cruise if I could even get out of my driveway, well, well not likely.
Speaker 3: Scott Sloan was on in about half an hour ago. He got easily got out and was going forty five miles an hour with his arm out the window.
Speaker 8: Oh good, I'm glad. He's I'm glad. He's probably a better man than me.
Speaker 3: And he said you were a coward for not driving. That's Scott Sloan's.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that from one of my teammates. That's always good positive work on his part.
Speaker 3: Segment, give me out of the Student's Report please, We got Moeggar coming up and breaking it.
Speaker 8: All down, Willie. In honor of the snow and everybody, stay safe out there if you're on the roads, and God bless all the snow plows and assault trucks. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud Report.
Speaker 6: We're going to end the government corruption and we're going to drain the swamp in Washington.
Speaker 4: D C.
Speaker 1: Segment.
Speaker 3: You should know watching that the president now has been officially selected, Donald John Trump by a voter three twelve to two twenty six, three twelve to two twenty six. Donald Trump in two weeks will be inaugurated.
Speaker 1: And that's a good thing.
Speaker 8: How do you think it was up there, Flinn, when Miss Harris had to oversee.
Speaker 3: All this for all the words of tongue and pen the worst of these there might have been, seg man, thank you. We got to run, but call back in for another Stuge report. We need your presence. I love you, I respect you, and I want you to be part of the Stuge Report in perpetuity.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Willie on seven seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: No right, moy or let's continue. We never stopped. We simply continue. There's a little bit of anger and land and confusion and apprehension about what happened this morning, which is Zach Taylor letting go lou Ana Roumo and three or four other coaches, and can you can you give me your ideas as to why Zach Taylor himself wasn't fired.
Speaker 6: It's a It's a good and fair question. I think my guess is number one, the relationship that he has with Joe Burrow doesn't hurt. I'm gonna guess at number two, the improvement we saw this season on that side of the football doesn't hurt. I think the Bengals like the culture they have and the head coach is primarily responsible for that. And so I think what Zach Taylor did today and what the Bengals have done today is they have squarely pointed the arrow at Zach Taylor as it relates to the twenty twenty five season, because I think if we're doing the same thing we're doing today a year from now and talking about the Bengals again not being in the playoffs, maybe talking about the Bengals wasting superlative individual seasons, which they've done this season, then I think the conversation's not going to be so much about the coordinators. I don't think the conversation is going to be about position coaches. I think the conversation is really going to shift toward whether or not the Bengals have a new head coach for twenty twenty six. That said, the Bengals defense this year was atrocious. And if you're to list the reasons why this team is on the outside looking in, that's where I start. Defensively, this team was not good enough. They had a stretch with their season really kind of hanging in the balance in November where they scored ninety nine points in free games, they didn't win any of them. Now go over to last five games. Did you see some defensive improvement?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 6: Did you see some young guys start to show that maybe they are guys you can build around next year. Absolutely, But let's be honest. They were succeeding against substandard offenses and either bad or inexperienced quarterbacks. And when they were playing good quarterbacks, when they were playing high end offenses, when they were playing playoff teams. I know they beat a playoff team in Pittsburgh on Saturday night. The two games against the Baltimore Ravens, the Bengals scored seventy two points lost. They had no answer for the LA Chargers in the first half of that game. They had no answer for Jayde Daniels and the Washington Commanders. Week three, they couldn't get off the field on that fourth down play against the Kansas City Chiefs League two this season was sunk by the Bengals defense. And I don't think it's all that's a if you understand that that the team has chosen to do what it's done.
Speaker 3: Is in a sense Lou is he a scapegoat because I would think the team itself, they're gonna draft seventeenth. I think in the league they were twenty fifth or so, and Lou was essentially one of the prime candidates for a head coaching job, and Arumo was up as things began take them to the Super Bowl, two AFC Championship games.
Speaker 1: Things are well.
Speaker 3: They drafted on the defensive side the last three seasons, and I would assume the person with most input and who to draft defensively was Lou Anirumo, and I'm sure Zach Taylor and Duke Tobin. But it'd be interesting to say, has the team did as poorly as the Bengals have done drafting the last three years? Would the answer be, no other team did this poorly?
Speaker 5: Mo?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, look, I think it's totally fair, and I think Lou would be the first one to say, well, gee, back when I had Jesse Bates and when I had an Inn his prime, Bell and I had DJ Reader being among the best at their individual positions. Man, I was a genius, right I was a head coaching candidate in some places as a great defensive coordinator. You took away Jesse Bates, he took away DJ Reader. Von Bell got old and left for the twenty twenty three season, and suddenly I'm not so smart. But the way the Bengals have tried to build their defense over the last couple of years will be whether we like it or not. How they tried to build the defense moving forward. They are paying on offense. They're gonna pay Jamar Chase more than they would have paid for him had they signed him last offseason. They're paying Joe Burrow, a lot of us want to see him pay t Higgins. They're probably gonna have to spend on the offensive line again. And so what if they tried to do on defense? Draft, draft and develop. Now, I certainly believe that you're being reasonable if you've done what I have done. In wonder is Duke Tobin really the guy that we trust to rebuild this defense via the draft an in free agency knowing that he can't just throw at it. You know, if you go back to twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, the Bengals just threw money at the defense. Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reider, Mike Kelton, Von Bell, choudobeya Woozie like threw money at the defense. They had to, and in some cases they overpaid because they could and because they had to. Now the math has changed. They no longer have a quarterback under a rookie contract. So how they try to build the defense is gonna be how they've already tried to build the defense. Draft, put a premium on younger players, premium a premium on players in their rookie contracts, find bargain free agents, and have the defensive coordinator coach those guys up. Lou Unfortunately, for all of his success with the defenses in twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, that didn't happen. It didn't happen, and so I think it was reasonable to look at him and go, Okay, well we tried this once with Lou. We're gonna have to try to rebuild the defense again via the draft and via you know, making smart acquisitions and free agency. If it didn't work with Lou this time is it really going to work again. And look, I mean Zach said it during his press conference today. Defensive coordinators are typically not in place for seven, eight, nine years. Lou has been here for six seasons, and I expect him to be a defensive coordinator in the NFL at some point in the next year or two. I don't think he's unhirable. I think he certainly brings some coaching bona fides, and I'm sure there are going to be teams who want to hire him in the capacity that he served in Cincinnati. But I think, understanding how the Bengals are going to build their defense moving forward, look at how they have failed over the last couple of years, it made sense to move on from Lou and find someone else. That does not mean that Duke Tobin hasn't earned criticism and skepticism as it relates to his ability to make the defense better with personnel changes in twenty twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 3: You know, looking at the Bengals results after December first, which was the first game after the bye against Pittsburg, the defense gave up thirty eight eight and the Pittsburgh offense not very good. Against Dallas, they gave up twenty against Tennessee. They gave up thirty seven. Against Cleveland, they gave up six. That doesn't count. Cleveland really stinks. Against Denver, of course, they gave up twenty four and against Pittsburgh seventeen. A little bit better, but not really difference. And I rely upon you in Austin and Tony more than the national experts. When I read the national experts, they tell me about the Bengals that this is a very attractive DC position, that the best dCas in the country want to come and join the Bengals because of the offense and Joe Burrow, because of the city, and because of Zach Taylor. Do you buy that that this is a prime position now for a DC.
Speaker 6: To a degree yes, because all you have to do is build a league average defense. Nobody is asking the next defensive coordinator to come in and build a the defense that can mask the deficiencies of the quarterback or of the offense. The Bengals defense is a primary reason why Joe Burrow has virtually no chance to win the NFL MVP Award because he put up statistically great numbers, but his team didn't make the postseason. Then the reason why his team didn't make the postseason primarily is the defense stunk? So what do you have to do here? You have to build and coach up a league average defense, And so that in itself makes the gig I think reasonably attractive. Also, I think you're gonna be able to put your fingerprints all over the defense because you know, frankly, they're gonna have to overhaul lots of different areas of it. I think that's attractive. What would give me pause, though, is going to work for a coach who is on the hot seat.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: I know there are people who believe, well, this is the Bengals and the head coaches Teflon and Marvin got sixteen years, and if Marvin got sixteen years, Zach Taylor's gonna get twenty to twenty five. I don't believe that. I fully believe that if we are doing what we're doing right now, any year talking about the Bengals being on the outside looking in, that there is a very strong possibility the Bengals are looking for a new head coach. And if they're looking for a new head coach, they're gonna be looking for a new coaching staff and a new defensive coordinator. So that would give me some pause. But yeah, you know, I'm looking for a gig where I can come in and have some success, and we're the definition of success. Frankly has just built a defense that's good enough to not screw it up for Joe Burrow. I think that in itself is going to mean a lot of people want this gig. And by the way, if you do win here next year, you know, lou Anarrumo was a coaching candidate. He was interviewed by the Arizona Cardinals two years ago. He was looked at as somebody who was going to be a head coach because of his success here. And so if you come to Cincinnati and you build a league average defense and the Bengals win just by osmosis, you're going to be looked at as a head coaching candidate. So yeah, by and large, I think it's a attractive gig. But I can certainly understand why someone might say, well, wait a minute, do I really want to go hitch my wagon to a head coach who is quote on the hot seat?
Speaker 3: Well, Mo, in that regard, there's never been in an NFL history going back about one hundred years. Well, you got the best quarterback, you have the best wide receiver, and your defensive end leads the league in sacks, and you still can't make it of the playoffs. Normally, we got the best quarterback, the best wide receiver, and a sack specialist on the defense, you have the opportunity of being in the playoffs. We also have a circumstance. We're in the six seasons of Zach Taylor. When I look back in time, his record of the first two games is one and eleven, and Joe Burrow's record is one and nine. So I would think at some point, maybe in July or August, the team out. I get the other say, look, we have the worst record in the history of football in the first two games. For the last six years, we're one and eleven. No one's ever done that before. We're setting records. The best quarterback, the best wide receiver, the best defensive end can't get to the playoffs. The worst record in the history of football in the first two games. Can you smell what I'm cooking? Mow, I'm getting fired up, Kan, there's something that's got to change.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's two prevailing themes that we're gonna spend a lot of time on this offseason. Number one is stop wasting greatness. You know you can make a Joe Burrow MVP case. He's not gonna win the award, but you can certainly make a case he is going to be I think the comeback player of the Year for the second time in his career. I think Trey Hendrickson has a shot. He's not the odds on favorite, but I think Trey Hendrickson, after his performance on Saturday, has a chance to be the Defensive Player of the Year, and Jamar Chase will get heavy consideration to be the Offensive Player of the Year. I think the award's going to go to Saguon Barkley of the Philadelphia Eagles. But think about that for a second. You had a wide receiver who wins the Triple Crown, leads in all three major categories. You have the NFL sack leader and it wasn't particularly closed at the end of the year between him and Miles Garrett, who could be the defensive Player of the year. You have a quarterback who threw for nearly five thousand yards words and put up legitimate MVP numbers, and those players aren't gonna play in the postseason. That represents a massive failure by the organization, by the coaching staff, and by the other players on the team. So number one, stop wasting individual greatness. Number two, Willie, You're right. This season was sunk because they started oh to three. And it's been a recurring theme at the last couple of years. The Bengals get off the slow starts, and every single time it comes back to haunt them. Two years ago, they start oh to two, they end up having to play in the AFC Championship game on the road against Kansas City. Last year they finished nine and eight. They weren't gonna win a title without Joe Burrow, but they were on the outside looking in because they started oh to two. This year, oh and three sunk them. And if you look at those slow starts, look at who they are losing to. They lost at home to the Patriots, who won four games this season, a rookie head coach who lost his job yesterday. Two years ago, they falled a one in three. They lose their fourth game to win off f Tennessee Titans team. Two years ago, they lose Game one to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The quarterback was Mitch Trubisky. Week two, they lose to the Dallas Cowboys. The quarterback was Cooper Rush. So the slow starts are destroying this team. You know, you could look at the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday and I go, well, golly gee, they shouldn't have sat their starters. They should have had a more representative effort in that game against the Denver Broncos. The goal should be to do what the Chiefs did yesterday. Make Week eighteen not matter because you play so well weeks one, two, three, and four. Now, Zach Taylor last offseason, last training camp took a different approach. It was a more physical training camp. We saw some of the starters play during the preseason. Joe Burrow played a little bit during the preseason. It wasn't quite the same as the year before and the year before that, but the results were. That has to change at some point. This team has to stop spending a large chunk of the season trying to play catch up because it digs itself such a big early season hole.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Lastly, the Bengals only one three games at home this year, which is with the fan base and the excitement and all that, is unbelievable to win three games at home with Joe Burrow, T Higgins, Tamar Chase, unbelievable. Now, lastly, Jermaine Burton, third round draft choice out of Alabama roll Tide, I signed a contract. I imagine he's a few million bucks. I don't know what third rounder gets, it's in the formula. But he's being evicted from his apartment in the banks. He's got damages to his apartment of over ten thousand dollars and doesn't pay rent and he was left at home by Zach Taylor. And Jermaine Burton was perceived as being the replacement for T Higgins. Now that's a joke. Where do you see Jermaine's Jermaine Burton's future.
Speaker 6: Probably not with the Cincinnati Bengals. I think there needs I think there needs to be a resolution here for this franchise. And I talked about this on my show earlier this year. This is a big boy, adult NFL up that's trying to accomplish big boy things. Let's not hire any more children. So I go back to when they draft the Jackson Carmen a couple of years ago, and there were a lot of folks who said, look, he's talented, but he just doesn't have the maturity you're looking for. Jermaine Burton, same thing. Talented kid, very talented kid, just doesn't have the maturity you're looking for. We can't be hiring people to run a big boy operation here if we have people who can't show up to work, who can't pay their rent, can't be there on time, who can't be counted on. I'm sorry. Like I certainly hope Jermaine figures it out. I certainly hope that Jermaine gets if he needs help, gets the help that he needs and is a productive member of society and maybe a productive NFL player, and if you still hear next next season, a productive member of the Cincinnati Bengals. But I think you have to sort of go back and go you know what, if there are these maturity concerns, is there someone more reliable, Maybe even someone who's not quite as physically gifted, but someone more reliable. Companies need people they can rely on, need people they can count on, Need people who get it, need people who could show up to work. Yes, Cincinnati Bengals are a major corporation. Yeah, don't have time for children, find draft and acquire adults.
Speaker 3: Jermaine Burton is not one the headline. Cincinnati Bengal wide receiver evicted. It's like, what this is something I never thought. I don't know what his contract is. I'm sure he's worth a few million dollars. I assume he damages his apartment, done, pays rent, done, show up for games one time he's supposed to start and he's overslept or something. Didn't get to get to the stadium on time. Don't need those kinds of persons. We'll see what happens. I will hold you to account for a year from now if the Bengals. Bengals go like nine to eight and don't make it of the playoffs and there's a news conference scheduled, we'll look for the firing of Zach Taylor.
Speaker 6: But last time I was on your show, I'm gonna hold you to account because we wagered on the skyline Chili Crosstown shootout. My team won. You owe me a hot fudge Sunday, and I'm still waiting.
Speaker 3: All right, let's continue with more mo. Thank you very much, Bill Cunningham. News Next at your Home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WW.
Speaker 7: With the seventeenth pick in the Pedofel drafts, the Cincinnati Bengals select.
Speaker 8: Hello, biot, I'm spokes, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: All right segment.
Speaker 3: All hell's breaking loose everywhere and the investiture of Justice Joe Dieters is underway with Ted McKay and Columbus. So my plan is to get there tomorrow and plenty of time to run through a bunch of stuff with your permission, of course. Four coaches fired with the Bengals headline is Loui and Narumo. Tell the American people them a full report, Willy.
Speaker 8: The Stute report on this snowy Monday is this proud service of her local tem Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, tess Star quality you could feel and you'll meet it for the next few days. Thank you, Roxy Bengals up. They brought to you by good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. The Bengals rumored last night to be making some changes, and they did so in day one big time today on the off season, the Bengals firing after six seasons defensive coordinator lou Anarumo, offensive line coach Frank Pollock, linebacker coach James Betcher, and also defensive line coach Mario Hobby.
Speaker 3: Are they scapegoats for the failures of Zach Taylor aka Zach Schuler? Is this simply diversions from the real problem?
Speaker 1: Yes or no?
Speaker 8: That I don't know, Willie, Because you know, the Bengals notoriously have get bad stars. It's the season and they try to catch up, and this season was no different. They started out oh and three. Jared Mayo, Girod Mayo, who got the win against the for the Patriots and the opener against the Bengals, he got to let go last night after one year with the Patriots. I mean, you know, the Bengals start out oh and three, they went to four and eight, and then they got with it on track. They win their last five and you can't do that. You can't do that, and then you need help. And then they lost what seven games by what it won a touchdown? They had a lead at ten points at three times against the Ravens here am I correct?
Speaker 1: Right? And lost So I.
Speaker 8: Mean there you go right there? That that adds up right there? You you know, I mean the defense has fallen off the past few years. I mean, but you know you've you've had injuries there and everything else, But you just don't have the right players. I mean, the only guy, the only guy on the defense it did anything this year was Trey Hendricks and that was it.
Speaker 3: And the Bengals won a total of three games at home. And I'm looking at the Bengals twenty twenty five home games. They play at home the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers, of course, but the home schedule. They play the Bears here, they play the Lions here, that's a tough one. They play the Patriots here, they play the Jets here, they play the Jaguars here, they played the Cardinals here. If they can't go something like I don't know, seven and two with that home schedule, I don't know what to tell you because.
Speaker 8: I agree with you. And then you know, the Jets are going to have a new head coach. The Jaguars are going to have a new head coach. Doug Peterson got let go today of Jacksonville. So there's a couple of new coaches right there, right off the bat. And the Patriots will have another and never the head coach.
Speaker 3: So from a fans perspective, they have home games against the Bears, the Patriots, the Jets, the Jags and the Cardinals, not exactly lighting them up out of a deal. The only attractive home game is against, believe it or not, the Detroit Lions. The other three are the division games. But then away take away the three division games they play at Buffalo, right at Green Bay, at Miami, at the Vikings, and at Denver.
Speaker 6: They got.
Speaker 1: They got a killer away schedule and a soft home schedule. But next year they play nine at home and eight on the road. How about that segment?
Speaker 8: Well, and then one of those games willie I think they are up for an international game. Oh, so there's probably gonna be one less home game there or whatever I mean, way game or whatever, because the Bengals are due to play a game internationally next year. They haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 3: It's going to be it's going to be a home game because they're not going to give the Bengals nine home games and seven away games. So it's gonna be one of these.
Speaker 8: Somewhere somewhere in that home schedule, they're going to be playing in Germany, France, Mexican, Abu Dhabi, and maybe somewhere in Egypt.
Speaker 1: Maybe Beijing. I have no.
Speaker 8: Idea, but I don't know, I mean that could be you know, I don't know. I mean they're due for an international game and one of those home games is going to be bye bye because they are overdue to play internationally.
Speaker 3: I take the Arizona Cardinals or the Jaguars or the Jets or the.
Speaker 8: Jaguars are very popular over in London. They've been there, I think almost every season for they've been there forever. They played a game in London, England for forever. So the Jaguars, that could be the one that the Bengals go to London, England to play.
Speaker 3: Well, that'd be good because the Jags, it was thought that Jags are going to be the franchise to move to London completely because the Jaguars can't sell out at home. They're allows the franchise and so moving to London that would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Segment.
Speaker 1: Give me some more sports, Willie.
Speaker 8: The Sean Miller Show in College Basketball set for tonight cancel due to the snowstorm. The new AP Top twenty five rankings are out for the week. Tennessee is still number one, Kentucky up to number six. You see is out the top twenty five after losses this past week to Kansas State and Arizona, and the Bearcats play at Baylor against those dreaded Bears tomorrow night. Nku Strey Robinson and Horizon League player of the Week averaging twenty one points per game and wins over Green Bay and Perdue Fort Wayne for the North. We got a Reds update, Willie, as the pitchers and catchers report. What yeah, the Reds acquiring right handed pitcher Owen White today from the Texas Rangers for cash. Mister White is six foot three, twenty five years old, spent most of last season at Triple A. Got soccer news on this snowy Monday, Willie, gimme soccer. FC Cincinnati defender Miles Robinson has been called up to the US men's national team January camp he's been playing for He's been playing for the national team as of late. Austin FC has acquired former FC Cincinnati star Brandon Vasquez out of the Leaga MX Mexican League CF Monterey for a reported ten million dollars.
Speaker 3: I think he was sold to Mexico and now he's coming back. And there's serious money now, serious money in soccer.
Speaker 8: Correct. And also we say congrants willy to Indian All boys soccer coach Brian Daniel. He has been named the Small public school boys soccer Coach of the Year as the Braves went twenty three to zero in a Division three state championship.
Speaker 1: How about that he was here.
Speaker 8: Congratulations they were with us one last in December being honored as state champs of state champions for soccer.
Speaker 3: You know, saying I watched some of the national pundits. I think the coverage by Moe and Austin and Tony Pike are pretty good. But the national pundits are saying the DC job here the defense coordinator is very attractive because he said, all you have to do is put together an average defense with the offense that we have. And it's a great city to live in. And Duke Tobin is a good general manager. I'm watching these guys thinking we're going to get the best DC imaginable because of Joe Joe Burrow Well.
Speaker 8: I would say, so, Willy. I mean, you know, they they're all right on offense. They don't need any you know, I mean, all they gotta they gotta they gotta sign Jamar Chase and hopefully, hopefully they have heard the messages from Joe Burrow over the past couple of weeks to keep t Higgins even if you have to go to a fifth third bank to get them alone or something. I mean, you gotta, you gotta. You know, Chase isn't going anywhere. And congratulations to him on winning the uh on winning the triple Crown. It's only been done what six times in the National Football League history. I mean, that's incredible for that young man. And then Joe Burrow, the numbers he put up, He basically put that offense on his back in the five game win streak and willed them to wins. And uh. But and then Trey Hendrickson, I mean, my goodness, nobody could stop him. I mean, you talk about you know, you know the heck with t J. Watt, number ninety one of the Bengals is much better than him, because I mean, nobody could stop Trey Hendrickson. Nobody. But but the thing of it is Willie at Gall comes down. It all comes down. You know that it was great that they won five in a row and they needed help and they got they beat Pittsburgh and everything else, but they didn't they you know, Denver won, you know, and that that everybody knows that story. But the thing of it is to be is they have to get off the better starts of the season. When they went He lost to the Patriots, they lost Washington, they lost that third game in a row. They're zero to three, and and it's and you can't get out of that hole. And then you dropped the four and eight, which they did, and then tried to come back and read and rebound from that. Ye, you just can't do it.
Speaker 3: In the NFL segment in the six season, Zach Taylor, also known as Zach Schuler, have been here. He's played twelve games in six seasons. The first two Zach Taylor is one in eleven and Joe Burrow is.
Speaker 1: One and nine.
Speaker 8: Well, that tells the story right there.
Speaker 1: What do you do I mean, I mean.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I think that they have to realize that, you know, maybe Joe Burrow might want to play a little bit more than maybe four or five plays in a preseason game to get and to get this off. And you know, I mean, look at the offense. They've had five for five games. Look at what they had all year long. They were putting up points, they were putting up thirty forty points. Like Sam Weiss's team with Boomer years ago, and they and they and they lost what seven games by a touchdown, and most of those games they were ahead at what they lost, Like I said, last hour, they lost. They were up ten points three times against Baltimore and they lose.
Speaker 3: How about this segment since the bye week first game was Sunday, December, the first against Pittsburgh. Here the offense put up thirty eight, then twenty seven, then thirty seven, then twenty four, then thirty and then nineteen and so they and the defense was did a much better job the last three or four games, but the offense first day of the entire season, in fact, when they were losing. How about this, three games in a row they lost, They scored thirty four, they scored twenty seven, and then they scored thirty eight. So they're putting up like ninety nine points in three games and they lost them.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, that tells the tail there too. I mean, that's that's that's the season right there in the nutshell. You win too out of three of those, and you might you know, maybe win one or you know, maybe start maybe get off to a good start at two and one that you don't have to worry about winning five in a row. You just keep winning during the season and you finish games when when needed, and you don't have to win five in a row and then try to get you know, to Denver to lose, at Miami to lose, and then this team to win and over there and this this team needs to tie. That's ridiculous. They should have been in the playoffs and they should be getting ready for Buffalo this this weekend. But it didn't happen. So that's the way it is.
Speaker 3: I think Kansas City did not want Joe Burrow in the playoffs, so they tanked it.
Speaker 8: They don't think I don't think anybody wanted to see that. With the way the Bengals are playing at the end of the season, I don't think anybody wanted to play them.
Speaker 4: To tell you the.
Speaker 1: Truth, where is the team?
Speaker 3: Where's Kansas City right now? That still on the tarmac in Denver?
Speaker 8: I think, well, I think they're probably hanging out at Denver International Airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go home. They couldn't get there. They didn't play.
Speaker 3: Now they can't go back, correct, but they're off the next three weeks anyway.
Speaker 8: They got a bye week, so you know, they'll they'll probably start running plays in the in the airport terminal or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe Tata can do a little performance for him.
Speaker 4: On the plane.
Speaker 8: Maybe she'll be out there singing to the us of the stranded passengers and stuff.
Speaker 1: She makes me sick too.
Speaker 3: That's a differentnesshow segment, Give me out of the student's report and the rocks coming up by himself live from his palatial estate. There's no way from Harrison he would ever get here. In fact, you can't get from middle Tuck eat here. I got here, segment. I got here easy. It was no problem for me at all. I care about this. I made a long trip.
Speaker 8: You know what, You're a trooper and I'm a clown.
Speaker 4: Dave.
Speaker 1: Can you save that for history? Right there?
Speaker 8: That? Yeah, just say that.
Speaker 4: That's okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Thirty five days pitchers and catchers report. Hopefully you see and and Xavier in Miami and NK. You can play some basketball to make sure the next five weeks go by quickly. The early returns are not good. Xavier doesn't look good. You see, it doesn't look good. Nothing looks good. Segment, Get me ready, get me out of the Student's report.
Speaker 8: Please, Willy, everybody stays safe on the roads, and we thank our salt truck drivers and snowplow drivers for cleaning the streets. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud report.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see what happens, won't we We're gonna see tomorrow what happens where there'll be an invested Sir of Justice Joe in the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Speaker 1: That's what I want.
Speaker 8: I would say, I would well get he gets his job back, right, I mean he's been unemployed. I mean, what's he been doing is walk in the streets or something.
Speaker 3: He's walking around telling people I used to be somebody.
Speaker 8: And now tomorrow to tomorrow, I mean, they'll count the electoral votes in Columbus, that's right, and he's been voted in and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna swear him in on the Ohio channel.
Speaker 8: That has to be on video because I'm I'm betting that you will be the first one to laugh. And he walks up there, I.
Speaker 3: Can't look at him because we've been friends for forty years. I can't look at.
Speaker 8: It because it'll be funny. And then especially if somebody has a tape a stereo system and thereon they start, they play as TNT music that would be hilarious.
Speaker 3: Well it's got to be serious segment. This is a serious thing and these are times for as segment. I love you dearly, but you're not a serious person.
Speaker 8: Okay, well I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's continue with more segment. Thank you, and believe it or not, The Rock is coming up next live from Harrison and a lot of the producers have got here because they came here two or three days ago and they're staying in the hotel next door, and so to get here is difficult. To look at Montgomery Road right now is not good. So if you're out there, take it easy, go slow, have some fun, and put it in low drive, drive a front wheel drive car if you can, and get around. Scott Slone reported in earlier a couple hours ago that he went about forty miles an hour of seventy one to Mason had no difficulties. But if you can't drive in the snow, don't And I look cars across the street trying to get into the shell station, which is a slight incline and rear wheel drive just doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: So forewarned, is forearm.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the men and women the roadside warriors will do their job and get people cracking tomorrow. I doubt most of the schools are going to be open anyway, so let's continue with more of the rockets next, and more at show them the Bengals in the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW