Speaker 1: SGKR Injury Attorneys proudly sponsors the Friday Night Drive. I met round you. We are ready to take on the insurance company for you and get you to the end zone. Visit us G A N A S SI N dot com, Gannison dot com.
Speaker 2: This is State Representative Steve Reich. Since twenty sixteen, it's been my privilege to represent the sixty third district in the Illinois House. I'd like to continue representing you, and I'm asking for your vote on November fifth.
Speaker 3: Thank you pay for by citizens to elect Stephen Reich.
Speaker 4: Hello everybody, and welcome to the Friday Night Drive Western Suburbs Podcasts. I'm Josh Welge. Join here on Tuesday afternoon by Joel Bennett's Joel, how you doing it? Didn't say good?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, it's the end of October. You know, the leaves are finally starting to change color, the weather's starting to get a little bit cooler, and it's truly starting to feel like it's time for some playoff football in the bits.
Speaker 4: Yep it's that time. I mean in the World series. Life is good, So I'm feeling pretty good about that. We're a podcast that'll be my one name drop. But but yeah, I mean this is this is definitely you know, for high school football versus is definitely for my money, it's it's the most exciting week of the year because you know, I love the n CLAA Tournament of March Madness and selections Sunday, and this kind of is like our version of that because everybody is gearing up to try to get into the playoffs and then finding out who they're supposed to play, and who are we playing and where are we going. So it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun for fans players, it's a lot of fun for us. So thanks everybody for joining us. You know, we'll talk a lot about some of the games that are coming up this week, but first kind of want to take a step back and you know, look at some of the games that we that we were following last week. Some some big games playoff wise, some big games conference wise. Joe, I'm gonna start with the game Lions Township playing York game that basically decided a Westburn and Silver. And I remember a couple of weeks ago, we were kind of sitting here and and it was like, all right, there's three teams that are really in contention in West sburb and Silver because they were all undefeated going into like week six, and honestly, and maybe it's a recent biased but I feel like I kind of had Lions maybe third on that list, and they totally proved me wrong. I mean, we make picks for Friday Night Drive, and I feel like I don't want to pick against Lions again because I think they've earned my trust. But really impressive win over your twenty four to seven going on the road. Their defense forced three turnovers. Danny Carroll really good running back for theirs. He ran for over I think one hundred and thirty yards and three touchdowns, And unlike the Downers Grow North game where they really had to come back and come from behind and win a one pointer, they were in control of that game pretty much that we're out, and in doing so, they quenched their first outright Silver title since nineteen eighty seven, and they actually we can go for their first nine to zer regular season this Friday since nineteen forty three, which I mean, they've had some really good teams that Lions over the years. I know Ben Bryant, who's the quarterback that's kind of floating around NFL circles. He played for Northwestern, he played for them a few years ago. They've had some really good players, but man, that's a really nice feather in their cap to be able to win that West Suburban And they're now one of only I believe twenty seven undervited teams left in the state. And you know, if a A is a little bit more wide open then it has been in recent years. Maybe maybe not, but they're gonna be in the picture. They've really been impressive the last few weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. I mean he kind of mentioned it. We you know, we kind of picked them to be like, you know, the ones losing those two games against Dinerdscript Nors and York, and but I mean they proved us wrong. Like you mentioned, it seemed like the defense really stepped up for them in both of those games. I mean, obviously the Dinerscript North game stepped up in order to make sure that they can have their comeback against the Trojans last week, but this week it looked like they were in full control of the entire way through. And so, you know, really impressive showing from lions of these past couple of weeks. And you know obviously last or on Friday as well, and it should be interesting to see if they can keep it or if they can keep the street going, go to nine to zero for their first undefeated regular season since nineteen forty three, and you know, who knows, we can see how far they go because, like you mentioned, eight A is a little bit more wide open than it was, you know, in recent years, especially with you know, teams like Loyal kind of falling off of the trail mats. So it should be really interesting interesting to see how this team, you know, goes through the playoffs this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it could turn out that Loyal and Lincoln we used to playing each other in the final again and then maybe eight days not as wide open as we thought. But I do think that regardless, Lions is going to be a team that's going to be, you know, a factor in eight A playoffs, you know, when we go into it and a week or so, another team that I think is going to be a factor in the eight A playoffs that's still undefeated, that they won their conference title again. Last Friday game with that, I was at Oswego playing Minooka, a game that in recent years has been very competitive games, very compelling games that have decided the conference. And I thought it was going to be that way again. I mean it was seven and zero against six and one, and I was wrong again. Oswego just really dominated that game. Final score was forty two to ten. Minookah's only touchdown came in the last minute when Oswego's backups were in So for all intents and purposes, you know, they only give up a field goal. And again, as as all year long, their their defense really dominated Minooka's first five possessions. They only had one first down and it came on in Oswego penalty. They'd only given up twelve yards the first five possessions. By that time the game was already it was already twenty eight to nothing for Uswego. Easton Ruby, the third of a very talented line back in group, had a couple of interceptions that set up touchdowns. Jeremiah Kine, really talented wide receiver for them, caught it, caught a touch a couple of touchdowns for them. Just a really impressive win for Usuego to be able to win h to win that game, to win the conference, first conference title in a full they did win the COVID season, you know, the shortened season, but the first conference title in a shortened season or a full season rather since twenty eighteen. And and again, I mean they have Oswego East this week, so you know, no games there in the rivalry game. But but they could be looking at an undefeated regular season as well. And again, I mean when you have a defense like that, I mean that they always say like a defense, defense travels in the playoffs, and I think that's the case with them. You know, they're going to be a team to watch out for in aight a to maybe make a run. I really like that Aswego team a lot.
Speaker 5: Man last speak, when we said that game was probably gonna be a really close scoring game, yeah, I guess, I guess we go hurd it and say no, it's not, We're gonna score a lot. So you know, I think that that was the game that really proved that, you know, they can live up to the hype of you know, not just a defense playing really well, but their offense playing really really well as well. Because you know, we kind of mentioned how they've been in a kind of low scoring team over these past couple of weeks, but still pulling off these wins, and you know, they really showed that, you know, they can still blow out you know, really good teams like Minuka, So, you know, really impressive showing from them, and it once again should be really interesting to see how it comes whenever it comes to the playoffs next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say and take nothing away from their offense, because their offense didn't make some plays. I mean three of their touchdowns came off to interceptions where they had a short field to work with. Then Minoka had a short field that set them up in midfields. So again, their offense definitely performed, but it starts with their defense. Their defense put them in position where they could score points and then they're able to go out to execute and make the players and score forty two points I mean sort of, you know, forty two points. Forty two points mean that was that was a very good game. Probably Aso's most impressive game since that Joy at Catholic win that they had in week two. So a really good one. There a swee of winning that game. Congratulations to them on winning a conference title, a game that you were at last Friday, Batavia wheedon Warrenville South and kind of the story in that game that I thought and you wrote about it is is Batavia obviously getting to win and Nathan Whitwell getting back on track running to football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was kind of a game where you know, he got back to the form that he was in for the first six weeks of the season. I mean, he ended up with one hundred and seventy four rushing yards four touchdowns, which was the tacond most he's had since it's five touchdown performance a couple of weeks ago. But yeah, no, it was a really impressive showing from you know, that offense, and it looks like, you know, they finally got things going for sure on that rushing offense for the first time since before that game against Geneva. So it really was an impressive showing. And I mean, besides that defense also looked really strong as well. They only gave up two you know, big pass plays that ended up leading two touchdowns for a week Moreville South. But besides that, they shut everything else out. I mean, I think they held week Warnville South to under zero rushing yards, so negative rushing yards in that game. So another great showing from them on the ground, especially against a guy like Ohen York who had over two hundred, over two hundred and seventy you know, total yards the week before. So a really impressive showing from Batavia all around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good good win for them, and you know they still have a chance and maybe getting a share that their conference that I believe right is an other I know Geneva is in the lead, but if it's Saint Charles north Fuild the monkey wrench in that, then you know then.
Speaker 5: Way tie right.
Speaker 4: So so yeah, well well we'll see what happens with that, but a good win for Batavia. Another good win from a team that you know, week seven they really had the eye opening win and then they backed it up to quench that that playoff berth that Brillington Central and talking about. They went out, they took care of business. They handled Hampshire pretty handily. I mean Jackson Olcorn didn't throw for four hundred sem yards, but he still made some plays. L J. Crer, who's a really good receiver for them, he made some plays. And really fasten to see Burington Central and what they can do once they get the playoffs started, because they've been really competitive in a good Fox Valley Conference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, I think earlier, and I think they're gonna be the team that you know, it's gonna be the feel good story throughout the entire playoffs. He's obviously this is gonna be the first time being in the playoffs since twenty fourteen, and you know they're going to be looking for their first playoff wins. It's two thousand and six, so it's it's been a long time since, you know, Burlington Central has seen the success that they've had, and you know, from the way that the team has been playing over the past couple of weeks, especially against you know, Perry Ridge, who's been you know, like hot team in the scher a little bit, you know, it's going to be really interesting to see how they play throughout the playoffs and how far they could potentially go as well. Uh So I'm really excited to see what they can do. I'm really excited to see what Jackson, Al Kurt can do, l J. Kerr and all of those players there, and you know, there may be a chance that they can break that street this year.
Speaker 4: No doubt. I mean, Burnwich Aid Central is a school too that I mean, their their basketball programs had a lot of success over the last decade. Their baseball program has been really good. They had a really good spring, so and and again the football program has been it's been competitive in a Foxfight Conference since it joined it a few years ago. It's just it's it's just been being able to get to that you know, five or potentially six wins that they haven't quite got there, but they've been knocking on the door and they've been competitive in that league. And and now they're in and you know, they got they got a great quarterback. So again, I'll be really fascinating to watch to see, you know, how far they can go with this. I mean, it's really exciting. I'm also kend of curious see Jackson Elcorn. I know, their coach last week said he's the best quarterback in state. Then we started kind of curious see about like what colleges are kind of knocking on this door. Because man, when you put up like four hundred and some yards against Prairie Ridge, you got to be doing something right. So I'm really really curious on that one as well. So so good things going up there in Burnlington Central. Joe, you mentioned a minute ago about Burlington Central being a feel good story this year and and you know Sandwich was that last year being able to get to the playoffs, get to the Corner Finals after two years ago they didn't even have football because of numbers. They've been able to follow it up with another really good year and they were able to to to basically put them in position wise playoffs. They got their fifth win last week, so they're in really good shape playoffs wise, and and really a really fun game. They went up to Woodstock North who was six and one coming in back and forth game. They were down early, they were able to rally, they tied the game. And then the interesting thing to me and I talked about it with their coach and their quarterback for my football notebook for Kendall County is they're really a team that they run that wing t offense that it's you know, they'll go twelve plays, fifteen plays, they'll run it seven minutes, eight minutes off the clock. They got the ball in that game with about a minute fifteen left and they went in two minute drill and they were able to score in about thirty seconds. They had two big passes by their quarterback Brady Behringer, and then Brady Barnsher He had the big pancake block for Nick Michael Wick to score the game when he touched on. And I was just very fascinated that a team like that that really they want to take time off possession, that time off the clock, that they were able to score that quickly. And it's funny they I talked to him about it and they said they practice that every week on Thursday nights. Is they actually they're not on their practice field. They actually go into their football stadium and football field and they work on that two minute drill where the coaches on the field saying, you know, stop the clock, stop the clock. You know, they got the clock going and stuff like that. So it's interesting for a team that typically for most of the game they don't do that kind of thing, that they did it so well in that situation. So a really good win for Sandwich.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really able to see, you know, a team that heavily on you know, rushing the ball and keeping the clock moving to be able to get something like that, you know, down to almost the science, and you know, it looks like what they've been doing there has been really working for them, and especially over these past couple of weeks. I mean, obviously they've been five and one starting off this season zero and two, so you know, everything's kind of seemed to be working for Sandwich over these past couple of weeks, and they are looking like the same team that you know, pretty much everybody fell in love with last year. So it'll be really interesting to see if they can repeat that same performance whenever it comes to in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really good. I mean again, they're a team that I mean typically they throw the ball maybe once or twice per game by accident, and then you know, when they really needed it, they're able to make the place throwing the ball. So good thing for them. A team that doesn't throw the ball by accident, a team that throws the ball a lot and throws it quite well. Is Geneva High School and their quarterback Tony Chahino. He had a game in week eight I think you what, through six touchdown passes against Saint Girl's East. That kid has really really been a story for Geneva this year. You know, kind of a question mark going the year about who their quarterback was going to be. They had a lot of talent receiver with talent Taylor. He has answered everything this year. Hey football fans, listen up. I'm not there and I drive a Hawk. I got it from my friends at Hawk Folkswagen.
Speaker 6: So drive what I drive.
Speaker 4: Drive a Hawk off Volkswagon on Jefferson Street in Joliette or online at HAWKVW dot com.
Speaker 6: Be the Hass clothing brand based right here in Chicago, Land that specializes in custom apparel. So if you need your logo on team apparel, hoss co is the place to go. Visit Bethehass dot com and use code Friday your order. They have it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if we were just talking about, of course, the feel good team, I think the story of Tenney Chino has been, you know, the feel good person story of you know, the entire year, not just for you know, the entire King Count, but probably for the state of Illinois. I mean, obviously this guy came in. He was on var Sea since his sophomore year, but he played in pretty much every other position besides quarterback. I mean, he was a fullback and a linebacker last year. You know, he was playing everything. But that he has come into that role as a quarterback and he is just excelled in multiple ways in multiple games. For them. I mean, you know, he only he has thirty one passing touchdowns this year, he only has one interception, which I mean is it's a great margin to have to have that. And I mean, you know, having talented receivers like talent Taylor and Finick and Weber and Bennett Conki who's coming up. You know, that's really helped as well. But I mean, you know that last game against Saint Charles East, the fact that that was his best and it wasn't by a lot, especially after the season he's had, I mean, it just speaks so much about what type of player that Tony Chichino is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really good, really good to hear for him, and really good here for Geneva obviously, which leads us into too looking ahead to Week nine game that you're gonna be out on Friday, Geneva's Saint Charles North. All right, So last week I said, aswegen Minoka was going to be a low scoring game, and I was completely wrong. I'm going on the record, Geneva st. Charles North, there's gonna be points scored. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that is definitely gonna be the case. And I mean, you know, obviously we've talked about, you know, St. Charles North and Batavia and then we talked about Batavian Geneva. We talked about about those games, about how different the games are gonna be on each side this time. I think the game plan on offense is going to be very similar because their offense is run in a very similar way. They both have a really talented quarterback. They have a talented running back, but wasn't the main center of their entire offense. BU can hurt you in multiple ways if you, you know, kind of shrug them off. Joel Holloman's proved that multiple times, Fuel Romorro's proven that multiple times. Then also on top of that, you know, they each have a wide receiver. Who is the main center of you know, the offense. You've got Talent Taylor obviously on Jadieva, and then you've got pet and Rinkey on Saint Charles North. Who is slowly but Shirley or who is I shouldn't say slowly but Shirley, you know, kind of under the radar. He's been putting up very similar numbers to Talent Taylor this year. I think he has nine hundred receiving yards so far this season, which is right around the same mark as Taylor. And he has I believe fourteen total touchdowns on the season as well, which you know is right there with talent Taylor. So both of them have really talented offenses heading into this game, and I'm really excited to see, you know, which offense can their game plan better. And you know, like you mentioned, I think points are going to be scoring this game, and I think this is gonna be a really high scoring game and it's gonna be really interesting to see, you know, who comes out on top and ultimately who decides the Ducaine Conference. So that is one thing that I said at the beginning of the season, that this game was going to decide who wins the Ducaine Conference. And that is one thing I am happy to say I have gotten right.
Speaker 4: So you you nailed that one. I mean, Batavia could have been like, you know, no, we're just gonna go undefeated and and this game wouldn't mean quite as much, but but it certainly means a lot. So I'm that's gonna be a game that Friday. You know, when you're there, I'll probably be checking every five minutes and there'll be another touchdown so you know, we'll see I'm looking forward to that one. Uh A game that I'm gonna be on Friday, Oswego a sweet East, a game that always means quite a bit, obviously a rivalry game, crosstown rival asweeg go. You know mentioned before they can go for the undefeated season. They're in the playoffs, no worries, everything's good. They just have to know who they're playing. They'll find out Saturday, asweg of East. A little bit of different situation. They started season zero and two, they were two and four. They've been able to really, to their credit, they've been under rally and really put it together. They got back to back wins the last couple of weeks to beat Bowling Brook, to beat Yorkville to put themselves in a position where they're four and four. Now. You know, if you know you look at Steve Sussi, he projects every week, you know they may be one of those teams that even if they lose this week to go to four and five, they might be able to still get into the playoffs. But man, would it feel good if they can number one get into the playoffs and get into the playoffs. Breathing easy and get playoffs breathing easy by beating their cross down rival. Now easier said, easier said than done, because Oswego East offense has been I'm just gonna say it's a little bit inconsistent this year, and they're going up against probably the best defense they're going to see all year Oswego. Now that being said, Oswegos East quarterback Nico Volacchi's coming off probably the best game of his varsity career last year last week against Yorkville. He had over three hundred yards of total offense, had a few touchdowns as well, So he's got to be feeling pretty good about that. But again, at a Swego defense, it's be very difficult. But we'll see. I mean, you know, last year I covered a Week nine game We're playing Field North lost. They fell to four and five, and they were doing hugs and handshakes afterwards like their season was over. Next tea, I knew they were in the playoffs, So I mean, I would be curious to see if Oswega East doesn't win Friday, what what they're going to be like. But obviously it's a game that means a lot on both sides. Uh, you know, us we going as Suega East a game another game that I'm kind of curious about. Uh, scoreboard watching for sure. On Friday. Two teams that are definitely in the playoffs, I believe. So Saint Francis, Yeah, they're they're in good shape. I lose Jackson, but uh but Saint Francis Nazareth. That was a game last year that but you know, another one of those high scoring games. I think it's going to be that way again. Nazareth great quarterback lo Mogan Mauch. But Saint Francis man Brady Palmer has had a really nice year for them. He's got a lot of weapons. They're coming off a really good win against the Paul Prep two, So you know, I know, Nazareth seems to be a they're kind of a they're kind of in juggernaut mode right now. I mean, they put up sixty two points against Bennett last week. But Saint Francis, I think they got a game on Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. I mean obviously Saint Francis Is just you know, one delay of game pill be away from being seven and one as well, So you know, they've you know, they've kind of built up their own resume as well. I mean obviously last year, not not just the first game to decide who won, you know, the conference in which Saint Francis won, but I mean both of the games that they played were really close, really high scoring, and you know, really fun to watch. So it should be interesting to see if the same thing happens this week or this week. Is Saint Francis is gonna win just like they did in Week nine last week or last season, or is Nazareth going to continue the streak they gave whenever they defeated Saint Francis in the Class five A state semifinals last year. So it should be interesting to see what happens.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think the has beat them both times. Last year. They beat him in Week nine to get to the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken, I could be wrong about that because they started the season. Oh wait, did I forget they started the season one four?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure Saint Francis won.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes I was wrong about that. My mind's gonna I do know that.
Speaker 5: We had too much football, and uh it's okay.
Speaker 4: Football, But again, it should be a lot of fun and again, really I expect to be a high scoring game between between those teams. So, uh, you know, we'll see about that. A lot of teams in our area that are kind of just fighting, scratching and clawn to get into the playoffs this week that either they need win or you know, maybe they're in a better position because they got you know, more playoff points and stuff. You know, one of them that stands out to me. I mean, I see Catholic a team that they haven't missed the playoffs. I don't believe since twenty fourteen. In fact, I don't think they've got any worse than the quarterfinals since twenty fourteen, which is pretty impressive. Now that being said, they're four and four right now. They've got a couple wins back to back, so the feeling will bit good about themselves. But man, they got to play Saint da this Friday, and that is a tough assignment if you want to get that fifth win. I think they got the playoff points that if they that. If they don't get that fifth win, you know they're probably maybe in the playoffs anyway, but boy would they like that win Friday. And then Marmion you know, different situation, but similar in that you know, they don't really have the playoff points, so they probably you know, feel like they want to get that fifth win even more, and they got a little bit easier assignment with LEO on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactely. I mean, you know, it's it's kind of been the story of like, you know, if they are will they get in in their first year under at Square, And looks like it's a pretty set stone for them to get in if they win. Not only do they win their conference, they also you know, keep that fifth win, which you know, it doesn't secure a place in the playoffs, but in recent years it does, so you know, it should be interesting to see if they can pull that off. They do have to go on the road for it, so I mean, you never know. Week nine madness always happens, so we'll see what happens. But you know, they're looking pretty solid for the most part.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And a couple other teams that I'm watching, both of them in the West Suburban Silver, you know, Hinsdale Central. Uh, you know, they got down as Go North this week. Obviously that's a big that's a big rival they played for that. I think they played it. I think it's an old open, old Oaken Bucket that they play for every year. It's always, you know, kind of a rivalry game. But Hinsdale Central comes in four and four, so they're in a position where, you know, they'd love to get that fifth win. I mean, if they do have forty playoff points, it's okay, maybe could be better. A fifth win would be nice, but it could be a tough assignment against Downers Growing North and then kind of, you know, a storyline up been found all season. Glenbard West, they've never missed the playoffs under Chad Hedlett. He's in the seventeenth They've made sixteen consecutive playoff appearances under uh coach Headlet. They they started the season one four They've been able to rally a little bit. They're three and five, but they have very good playoff points. They actually play Saturday, not Friday night. So I talked to Steve Susci earlier this week and I'm like, are they gonna know if they're in a playoff field going into that game? And he thinks yes, So, uh So they play oak Park River Forest on Saturday. It's a game that you know, pay on on paper that they should feel pretty good about it. But obviously a chance to get that fourth winn and potentially get in a playoffs and then a long road trip to where to wherever they're going a road trip nonetheless, but h you know, but we'll see im in Glenbard West, like Icy Catholic has been a real main staple of playoff teams around here. So it'd be really weird if either of them were not in the playoffs. I have a feeling both are gonna end up getting in. But you know, we'll see what happens. What a lot of interesting stuff, what other any other games that you're kind of looking forward to Week nine, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's just kind of going off of the same, you know, kind of thing that you were talking about, those teams that are like right on the edge of, uh making the playoffs. You got both of the Wheaton schools in the Kayne Conference, Wheaton North and week War and both South. Both of them are for and four heading into this final game. Both of them have kind of easy games. I would guess whet War and Boll South is going to be facing off against Saint Charles East, who hasn't had the best success as of recently. To be fair that they've also been facing off against you know, some of the best teams in the Ducaine Conference, so that's probably part of the reason why. But I mean I wouldn't count them out considering how they played earlier in the season, especially against a team like Wheat North, So should be interesting to see there. And then Wheaton North is going to be facing offense Lake Park this week. They got to four and four after getting an overtime victory over glenn Bard North last week, so you know, like I mentioned, anything can happen in those week ninth late, and you know, it should be interesting to see how a play up against you know, Lake Park and see if they can get to that five and four spot, if both teams can get to that five and four spot, So those are going to be two games I'm also going to be looking at throughout my game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that the Decay Conferences locked in with three teams in the playoffs already with the potential Wheaton Warrenville South and Wheaton North. I know, Lake Park is three and five, their playoff points are kind of you know so so so I'm not sure if four and five is going to be enough for them, but there's obviously you know, they have a lot to play for it to be able to get to four and five. So yeah, that's that's kin. They're going to be some games scoreboard watching on Friday. You know, a lot of good stuff looking forward to it. I just want to invite everybody to keep following us this week. I'll be back here tomorrow talking to Steve Sussie preve in the big week nine games around the state, and then JT. Penalty and Eddie CARRIFFI will be back on Thursday for their podcast and then leading up to Friday night, Steve Sussie and Matt Rodewall will be here from nine point thirty to eleven, you know, breaking it down. If it's like last year, see will probably be will still be on till two in the morning, uh, breaking looking into his playoff projections you want to get them here. We'll have his projections throughout the week and into Saturday as well. So a lot of good stuff. Joe anything else before we sign off again, mannis again exactly again for Joe Bennett's I'm Josh Welge. Thanks a lot for joining us.
Speaker 3: Do you ever wonder where the profits go when you shop at a big box store? Hi, this is Patty from Oliver's Corner Market. When you shop at Oliver's, you can rest assured that the profits stay local, comporting other local businesses and charities. Find us at the Corner Britt and Bradshaw and Dixon.
Speaker 7: My property taxes have gone through the roof. I spend more and get less every time I go to the grocery store. Democrats in Springfields keep telling me that inflation is due to greed instead of out of control spending, and that high property taxes are the price we pay for good schools, not because of unfunded mandates. Democrats have run this state for years, and all we have to show for it is higher taxes and less money in our wallets. This year, I'm voting to throw out my Democratic state rep I'm voting Republican
Speaker 2: Paid for by citizens, to alect Stephen Reich.