Speaker 1: Years old. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. This is a Saturday Morning edition. Before we look ahead and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. June twelfth, fifteen forty three. I remember it well, little tact I didn't get an invitation to the wedding. King Henry the Eighth married his sixth and final wife, Catherine Parr. I don't know if he murdered her or not. That would have been an oddity if you didn't. Eighteen twelve, United States forces led by General William Hull entered Canada. See we've invaded Canada before. We could do it again. However, Hole did retreat shortly thereafter to Detroit or Destois as they like to say. During America's Civil War, President Lincoln signed a bill authorizing the Army Medal of Honor. The year was eighteen sixty two. The House joined the Senate in passing the sixteenth Amendment to the US Constitution, allowing for a federal income tax. This is one of the darkest days in American history ever. It has been now one hundred and sixteen years that we've had this albatross around our necks called a federal income tax wasn't ratified until February of nineteen thirteen. But this was a pivotal day, and the House and the Senate conspired against the American citizens, you and I to impose something. We still most of us who have any sense at all, or any sense left after they've extracted all of our dollars, have to deal with the irs. Rolling Stones played their very first show the Marquee Club in London on this date. In nineteen sixty two, nineteen sixty seven, riding erupted in Newark, New Jersey over the police beating of a black taxi driver. Twenty six people killed in the five days of violence that followed. So was it really worth the lives that were sacrificed? This was a pivotal day. Nineteen seventy nine, July twelfth, Chicago Comiski Park, where the White Sox played Disco Demolition Night. A crative disco records were blown up on the field between games of a doubleheader, and the ride and damage to the field caused the White Sox to forfeit the second game. The field was pretty much toast two at the conclusion of that, I don't know let's see we go to the birthdays. It's a lengthy list. Delia Efron, the writer, is eighty one, mentioned Walter Egan, he's actually seventy seven. Writer producer Brian Grazer seventy four. Cheryl Ladd shares that birthday with Brian Grazer. Gospel singer Ricky McKinney The Blind Boys of Alabama seventy three. They are phenomenal, by the way. Gospel singer Sadie Patty is sixty nine. Actor Mel Harris actress Mel Harris actually is sixty nine. Julio Caesar Chavez is out of the ring, but in the birthday list at sixty three. Robin Wilson of the Gin Blossoms is sixty to sixty today. How about that Olympic gold medal figure skater Christy Yamagucci turns fifty four. It's hard to believe. Toe for Grace is forty seven. Michelle Rodriguez also forty seven. Kimberly Perry of the band Perry is forty two. NBA star SGA celebrating number twenty seven today. Still a young man. If it's your birthday, I hope it is absolutely the best day you could imagine, and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do. And that is truly my wish for you. It's five forty two. Let's get up Mary Jeff Walker. Just getting the motor going myself takes a little while some Saturdays. You do this as long as I've done it, and it becomes kind of road, it becomes kind of mechanical, robotic. You're just always up at four or four point thirty on Saturday morning every week, and then you get here and you do the thing. And this show, I mean, you kind of know what you're gonna get. This is not a random box of chocolates. This you know, we count on having Lynette and Dick here in the first half hour. I mean, I'm sure you count on a tune. You've told me that you count on it. We count on having Day from Harrison a little after six o'clock, an old radio Rick and the Gang from Ripley Man. Big news this week in Brown County. And you already know there was finally a winner in that mammoth massive Queen of Hearts contest. Guy from Georgetown. We'll get a full report from the gang a little bit later on. What I'm saying is it can be a bit routine. So every once in a while I like to change things up. I don't think that's gonna be this morning, but you never know. When you think I'm gonna zig, at the last second, I will zag and it's gonna be shocking because there's such a sameness to this thread that we weave on Saturday mornings. Well, let's get back to uh, let's get back to normal with lady Lynette. Good morning, Lynette.
Speaker 2: Hush hush, gone by this call him name, Hush hush, comby this call um name Hush hush. Comeba this called my name?
Speaker 3: I know it's.
Speaker 2: So fund Oh my, oh my lord, my.
Speaker 3: Man, good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if I've ever heard that that one, Linette's it was pretty thank you. I liked it. Where'd you dig that one up? Oh?
Speaker 3: It's one of them old Black gospels? Older than me?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean not not everything has to be younger than you.
Speaker 3: Oh. Yes, I have no phone. As you can see, I've been calling you. I have no computer system. They got a new system here days. Somebody come and have the old girl. I don't know nothing about computers. Well, I got to get hooked up to a computer.
Speaker 1: What happened to the other phone?
Speaker 3: Which one the.
Speaker 1: One that you would call me on?
Speaker 3: Athlexa? And she's on a computer and we got new owners Julia first.
Speaker 1: Oh, so they changed all of the systems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know nothing back computers. I'm just a country girl.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds good this morning.
Speaker 3: Nice week. I don't have no system.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it sounds good this morning. You sound you sound wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I can't call nobody because the computer is down.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: Well, if you can't call anybody, how did you call me?
Speaker 3: I'm on the company, you know, our patient phone. But I missed the show last week, and I'll miss it again this week. I just felt like a little arp and on order.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully they get that fixed for you, babe.
Speaker 3: Well, the man was here last week. I didn't know he was a computer man. I always said, come on in. He's right outside my door.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, well, what did he did he unhook everything? Or what happened? Oh?
Speaker 3: The computer system is a new one, you know, a new company. I gotta get a new cold. I don't know how I do. I'm about cold. And stuff. I'm country Christine. If you're listening, come over Monday. Yes, Elvis will be here. And no, I can't call nobody because everything's in mikes up. That's why you need pencil on paper.
Speaker 1: You need you need, you need to uh to get me a new picture with you and Elvis.
Speaker 3: Somehow a new picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of you and Elvis.
Speaker 3: Well, I got one tied up in my new phone now and the lady quit the job here and cat I miss you. Cats on to use this crazy new phone I got. You got tapped twice, and do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I understand anything else happened. I mean since the Florence Park Care is under new ownership, anything else changed.
Speaker 3: No, I think the same same people, just new payroll and all the stuff that goes with a new takeover. But I'm less out there at no computer.
Speaker 1: Well, honey, we'll see what we can do. You've issued the bat signal. The call is out. Lynette needs help with computers because he's a country girl. Yeah, thank god you're a country girl. Thank god you're here this morning.
Speaker 3: I got to be the.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 1: I love you. Take care all right. Dick is hanging into the first official hour the Saturday morning. Condition for this Saturday, July twelfth, twenty twenty five, Gary, Jeff Walker, with you a little bit more awake and ready to face whatever is ahead. Six minutes after the hour. How are you doing this morning? And I forgot I didn't get to it on the birthday list. Happy birthday to lou garin celebrating today. I don't know. I don't even know what how many years this is. I know it's like nine in dog years. So happy birthday, lou wherever you are this morning, probably somewhere in Covington five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand. If a line ever becomes available, which it could on a morning light today, yeah, it definitely could.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to change things up a little bit, so, but you know what, the mainstays are the best, including from Harrison, who is on location right now. Where exactly are you, Dave.
Speaker 6: Lake Tried, Ohio up north, on the top.
Speaker 1: Of Ohio, on the top of Ohio.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Lake Gary, Port Clinton, you know, oh, one of my favorite, one of my favorite sports, one of my favorite spots in the whole state.
Speaker 1: I love Fort Clinton. I love that area. Beautiful Well reason too.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: All right, Jeff, Yeah, yeah, I thought you were going to tell me a good reason that it's beautiful or well you're there for you're there for a good reason.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, hang with a hang with a fan, you know, I mean for a little R and R or.
Speaker 1: Seventh all right, So what's the sunrise like? Dave?
Speaker 6: Oh, my gonness, it was stages and stages and stages of nothing. But oh, Jared, Jeff, we we we have. We have a trifecta of occupy jokes this morning for you.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't get enough good occupied jokes, that's for sure. What what what have you got for us?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 6: Well, Jared, Jeff? How many tickles does it take to get an octopus to laugh?
Speaker 1: How many? Dave?
Speaker 5: Ten tickles? I thought you get that one, but you.
Speaker 8: Probably know that.
Speaker 1: I just want I want to sometimes I want to hear your delivery to see if you're on your game or not. I knew what it was, but you get ten tickles? Okay? What else?
Speaker 6: I was trained by the master, just snatched the jokes out of his hand. Uh what do you got when you got to occupy? That are alike?
Speaker 1: Two occupied that are exactly alike, what do you got.
Speaker 6: You have itentical twins?
Speaker 1: Did you say it? Tentical twins?
Speaker 5: Yes? I did, And they're probably named.
Speaker 1: But probably our name.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, speaking of all Red right over the water, all right, Jared, Jeff, do you hear about do you hear about the Octopus band? That was a Beatles cover band? No one of their encores, just one of.
Speaker 5: Their on course was old.
Speaker 4: Hand hand hand hand had and hand.
Speaker 1: It is so stupid. Go back to go back to enjoying the beautiful sunrise, all right, and and have a good time with the family there in.
Speaker 9: Jokes told by day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 10: Who want to keep your bones safe, strong and well connected?
Speaker 1: And how you doing? All Star break coming up? Red's playing out the string beforehand with more activity today at the GABP against the Colorado Rockies updates on the way, and that also means that I will have a couple of nightcaps on Monday and Tuesday night coming up nine to midnight. In fact, another Saturday night cap this evening at nine pm. And on the guest list is my friend Rick Robinson, author, lawyer and bon vivant. And also Matt Manning is a former Cincinnati undercover police officer with stuff you may have never heard about Oklahoma City bombing, the Oklahoma City bombing in nineteen ninety five. Stuff you may not believe, but stuff you may never have heard before. And I'm very interested to see what Matt has to tell me about the events leading up to and in the aftermath of the OKC bombing, which we all thought we knew the story after thirty years, you'd think you know. Shaw's Khan, the author of the Ultimate Vaccine Timeline. This is a woman who's done incredible amounts extensive research on vaccines of all types, including the mRNAs COVID nineteen. And also Brian Reisinger, who is the author of a book called land Rich, Cash Poor about American farmers. He's a fourth generation of farmer family member from southern Wisconsin and look forward to that. That's tonight nine to midnight on a special nightcap. Here's a guy who's going to be on a nightcap I think coming up next next Tuesday evening talking about Madman months. That's the only teaser I'll give you there, Old radio Rick Washburn, how you doing, Ricky.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: Dave segment reminded me of many years ago driving my daughter to pre k and she had her favorite stuffed animal with her and she goes, I love my octopus, daddy, but I wish I had two octopuses. And of course super Dad has to come to the rescue and say, don't honey, if you have more than one, that'd be OCTOPI. She's all excited. We get to school. She runs out of the car, runs up to teacher, Teacher, teacher, I have an octopus, and and if I too, they'd be octopy. And my daddy likes beer.
Speaker 1: But she had to throw in the beer part. Yeah, kids are great. Oh you are so honest, and they're just so innocent, and they just they're open, they just let it all out.
Speaker 11: Man and master of the non Secretary hiss.
Speaker 1: No doubt. And he likes beer. Thank god. She didn't say that you liked something else, you know that. Yeah, that kind of honesty, you know, no telling.
Speaker 11: Fortunately, that's about the raciest thing in my life so far.
Speaker 1: You can chap there, all right, So how are we being received this morning? What are you listening on? And tell me about this beautiful radio or not beautiful beautiful radios? Oh it is?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 11: Shout out to Neil. This well, that's an interesting question. This is from nineteen thirty eight. It's a Traveler tr av dash l e R. It's a tabletop AM shortwave five to two radio, a wood cabinet that's actually quite pretty and somewhat ornate over the speaker grill, as well as having a red and white dial which is with a fancy little design in the center that looks like it should be an icon of some specific brand but isn't. And when I saw it look very familiar when I picked it up from Neil a long time ago, and said, gosh, I should know what that is, and then the little play on it says traveler great, well this thing well. Doing the work on it was pretty straightforward, fortunately, because I can't find any history of this radio anywhere. And then all of a sudden, out of the blue, by accident, I discover that Traveler is based in Chicago, and for those of us who watched game shows in the seventies, we recall the Spiegel Company six O six Oho nine, also in Chicago, the Spigel Catalog Company, I should say, they also sold radios under the Aircastle name, and this radio was also sold by Spiegel. And by being able to find the model and chassis number of the Spiegel radio, I finally got service information after I really didn't need it anymore, But so going with that, I went back to the Traveler side, and I did find an ad for it in a dealer magazine radio retailing from February nineteen thirty seven. Something new in home radio, a new design in cabinet and dial smart pleasing sure to appeal. This set will sell itself an appearance, performance and price. That really doesn't tell you a tame thing about the radio.
Speaker 1: No it doesn't. But you know what it's not is inane or ridiculous? Is some other descriptions you've read in the.
Speaker 11: Past, So fair enough, I think there are more ellipses than the words in the sentence.
Speaker 1: Right, also exactly, yeah, okay, well, uh so this. This is a beautiful radio you're saying, is it? Is this one of those deals where you could send me maybe a screenshot, but of.
Speaker 11: Course, yeah, all right, I'll try to remember this time. I know, I let you down for a while on the hand rubbed Danish Danish.
Speaker 1: Blonde, said Danish blonde. The hand rubbed Danish blonde, walnut was it? I'm not sure? Uh no, not really just made up. You can find out more to old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. And by the way, are you are you still real backed up on your on your radios that you're working on?
Speaker 12: Rick?
Speaker 5: Horrifically?
Speaker 1: I was afraid of that. Okay, So don't don't get in touch with him. I don't bother him. He's busy at six point twenty at seven hundred WLW. Hey, it's me. Another favorite segment of mine every Saturday morning, something that I hope never changes. Steve vermetnez here with a fifty phone called News of the Week, and I can't wait to hear the commentary. Good morning, Stephen, Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 13: One of the results of the Great Flood of Genesis was that God gave Noah a rainbow as a sign that the water had crested rainbows has since been a metaphor for relief from suffering. The rainbow that Noah saw was also a sign of God's covenant with man that he would not destroy the earth with a flood in the future. Indeed, Revelation avoids citing floods in the end times. Catastrope events like those that started the early morning of July the fourth in the Guadalupe River Valley drive me to my Bible, especially when hordes of the sons and daughters of the Antichrist condemned the very victims of one hundred billion gallons of water that fell from the sky in Texas that day. That's the same amount of water that flows over Niagara Falls in a day, seventy five gallons per second. There were eight fourth of July alerts sent to locals by the National Weather Service beginning at one am. The Guadalupe River rose from three feet to thirty in less than one day. NWS says budget cuts would not have mattered. Yet a United States senator thinks it was budget cuts that caused the problem. This is either a step up or a step down from blaming global warming, climate change or God. I wish the socialist communist faction of the Democrat Party would agree on these things at their meetings. The Socialist Siren of the South, Stacy Abrams, says it's the fault of white maga folks who dominate Christian summer camps like Camp Mystic, which suffered scores of deaths. She doesn't see brown or black people down there. I did. I saw a black man who lost two close relatives. Thank the volunteers who have shown up from all over the world. It should remind us that can summit evil, proves can summit good. Where there is the work of the Antichrist, there are God's soldiers, and no better soldier. The Coastguard Petty Officer Scott Ruskin, a former accountant from New Jersey, now a helicopter rescues swimmer. He is credited with saving one hundred and sixty five lives. And that's just at last count. I sincerely doubt Petty Officer Ruskin checked on the race or religion of the folks below before descending to the water. Camp Mystic is a ninety nine year old Christian organization for girls seven to seventeen. A Texas pediatrician, Christina ironically, that's a Christian name. Probst said, the dead got what they voted for, meaning Donald Trump. Lady, I doubt any state allows seven to seventeen year olds to vote in either state or federal elections. That is just pure hate. A former Food and Security Board member in Houston said, quote, the white Christian conservative camp got what it deserved. Really, the pediatrician added a conciliatory note, I hope non maga voters and pets survive. Does this include white non maga voters? Satan likes specificity. That great purveyor of American cultural history, Chubby Checker of Limbo fame pigeonholed the radic libs perfectly when he asked, how lo and you go? Hindering the rescue efforts were spam calls and private drones interfering with government surveillance flights par for the course. But let me say one thing about spam calls. We spend a lot of time and money on at least three federal agencies that have a mandate to eradicate this annoyance, the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. Yet we can't do anything about this use of otherwise unused telephone numbers. Question. If we can't police a bunch of third rate international crooks, how are we going to police AI, the Chinese communists cells that have taken over our universities, or the Mexican bandidos who are shooting our border guards. Well, let's move to two items of old news to report we finally got a reply from Supreme Court Justice Katanji Jackson, who was schooled by fellow Justice Amy Cony Barrett in the birthright citizenship case. Justice Jackson, famous for not knowing the definition of a woman, blasted Judge Barrett, calling her just another angry white man. Okay, I made that up. And the University of Pennsylvania finally decided a week ago to strip Will Thomas's ribbonson medals that he got competing on the women's team. This riled media gads like Keith Oberman, who accused women's rights advocate Riley Gaines, formerly of the University of Kentucky team, who Key said sucked at swimming. Riley Gaines was a two time All SEC swimmer and Will Thomas they managed to rank four hundred and sixty second among NCAA male Peers sucks for him, Keith. Talk to you next week. Gary, Jeff, Bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, Wow, Thank you so much. Steve as always right on point. And the hate that he was describing that you may not have heard about, perhaps on our news or other mainstream news outlets, is real. Those people are truly out there. And when I say out there, I mean way out there. From Stacy Abrams to Christine Prost to Chuck Schumer. It's a It's not a Democrat Republican issue. It's what is right and what is obviously wrong, hateful and evil, black and white, and I'm not talking about the color of anybody's skin. Ray and lovelin.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Garry, Jeff Walker, my brother, how are you doing today?
Speaker 1: Doing great? How are you sir?
Speaker 14: Fantastic? Fantastic? That brings home the point of well, first of all, how much wasted time and effort in this blame game and casting all this do just hate, dis wasteful speech for political purpose, you know, in life, in business, unfortunately in politics, you find three different kinds of people. There's people who blame others for their problems or mistakes, which I've been on occasion. There's people who blame themselves for their problems or mistakes, which I have done. Then there are people who don't blame others or themselves circumstances. They just solve the problem. And I hope and pray for leadership. I think we have a president that of one hundred and hundred twenty hours a week that he works, he spends several of those hours fussing about other people, for sure, But I think he spends the vast majority of his time as a businessman and as an American trying to solve the problem. And he does it many times in an apolitical way. That's what we need.
Speaker 15: We need more of that, and we need to come together and pray for these people and help these people.
Speaker 14: My Lord anyways, can't top.
Speaker 15: Steve, would never try no age, but I certainly enjoy that, and I always enjoy my time talking to you, my friend, and God bless you, and God bless America.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Brother Ray Scott on the line back in just a moment, as we continue on the Saturday morning edition.
Speaker 4: Hey Cincinnati's Imer Bengal and Pro Football Hall of Famer Anthony Munos.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and two, I started the Anthony Munyo Star is Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW into.
Speaker 1: Another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, July the twelve, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and you are you and that is perfectly fine with me, aren't you? Glad kombai ya everyone seven minutes after the hour seven oh seven Eastern time, that is, and up next, it's time for an environmental update with our environmental engineer himself, Steve Schulte, who texts me last night. I was already asleep in bed when this text came in. I woke up to it this morning. He says, Gary Jeff, you cannot pay me enough to do my environmental minute next Saturday seven nineteen as Robin and I will be on an Alaskan cruise. Uh, Steve, you under you understand that you're not getting paid right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know. So you can't make it.
Speaker 6: You can't do anything.
Speaker 16: Make me get up at three thirty in the morning local time to do this, Josh?
Speaker 1: Is that what what time it will be in Alaska? Three thirty?
Speaker 16: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, So, Uh, I'm more excited about this Alaskan cruise that may be our report. Uh, this obviously has been booked for a while. Uh do you where all do you go on the cruise?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 16: The same typical places, uh to catch a cans, Skagway, Juno, uh so.
Speaker 5: And so forth.
Speaker 16: Victoria, the Victoria British called me is the last destination before coming back to Seattle.
Speaker 4: So yep, it sounds.
Speaker 1: It sounds great. You know, I'm not I'm not somebody who I don't like cruises. I mean, how do I know, I've never been on one, But it just doesn't It doesn't appeal to me to be on an ocean cruise. For example, Now you're going to be going along the Alaska coastline.
Speaker 16: Correct Now, at first were outside, you know, we're not the inside passage going up to catch a can, but pretty much inside as we come back down towards the end, right and see.
Speaker 1: That would be fine, That would be great. I would I think I'd really enjoy that, especially this time of year. But to be out in the Caribbean somewhere hundreds of miles from any land at all does not appeal to me whatsoever. But an Alaskan an Alaskan cruise sounds great.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you gotta be adventurous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't want to be adventurous out in the middle of the ocean, all right. You were talking about falsehoods and lies from propaganda media that the Texas flash floods that we that they experienced and all of the just terrible death and destruction are tied to man made catastrophic climate change, which I mean, that's they always rush for that anytime there's an extreme weather event.
Speaker 16: So this comes from the CO two Coalition dot org Thursday, July tenth, and they go on to say it didn't take long for climate doomsters to limit the link climate recent flooding prejud in Texas the man made catastrophic climate change. Fortunately they were they were working on a final a report on Texas and climate change and we're beginning to ready to get it out. And interesting in their report, the area of Camp Mystic Tragedy is so prone to flooding that it's nickname is flash flood Alley. The combination of the area's unique geology and proximity to the Gulf of Mexico is reason for the common flash floods. The area has thin soil due to do he had geologic bedrock and steep slopes, so very little rainfalls absorbed during heavy downpours.
Speaker 5: While the flooding on July fourth.
Speaker 16: Was extreme and unusual, it is not unprecedented. According to meteorols get carried for just large scale floods have occurred at least four times in the last fifty years, and in nineteen eighty seven, Kerrville, which was the epicenter of this whole flood, had an even higher cress. The thirty seven point four peaks and ten campers were killed. If climate change had any role in causing or making rain, or causing even more rain making more rainfall, it should be apparent in rainfall and flooding data of the area according to NOAH National Asociation and the Atmospheric Administration data. Do you look from at Texas flash floods from nineteen ninety six to twenty twenty four. What does the data show, Garrit Jeffs A decline of the extreme we offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's short.
Speaker 16: The human regedy in Losar State is very real. Flames of climate crisis are quite false. You can go on and on with other data about this.
Speaker 1: They do it. They do it to Steve they do it with wildfires, they do it with hurricanes, and you know, the the data, the actual data and the science isn't on their side, but yet they still go there because, uh, they feel like they can for political reasons. It's awful, and they're paid to do it, right, But you're not getting paid to do this, and you won't get paid to do it next Saturday because you're simply not doing it. You'll be on an Alaskan cruise with your wife, Robin, I understand, and I want to see lots of pictures. Okay, all right, all right, thank you, Matt, Steve Shulty and an environmental up date on a Saturday morning. It's seven twelve and our friend Dave Hatter is back and Dave, good morning. I'm almost thinking we should call this segment now Dave to Dave, because Dave from Dayton, Dave Bockraf, who I remember last week we were talking about how he was getting these texts and we told him just to ignore them, says, now I'm getting emails of legit looking invoices I've paid with customer service, phone numbers and emails to call get them from PayPal, ups, McAfee, FedEx at all and I said, you know, if you didn't do it, don't worry about it. He said, I know they are scams, but just curious about their end game. Any thoughts.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, the endgame is either a they want to get your credentials because they want you to click some link, because they're social engineering you this right, there's some urgency. Oh, here's a here's a payment that you know you didn't make, so you better look into it. You know it's social engineering. Well, folks have to remember and you know this is a perfect segue into something else.
Speaker 5: Here's the headline for you, gay.
Speaker 12: You have to tize right into this whole concept China linktactors those big name brand websites to steal shoppers payment info. And then you may or may not have heard. And I'll come back to answer his question specifically. But there was a recent report that in the two month run up to Amazon Prime Day, which I think is a funny name since it last three days, But in the run up to Prime Day, which was the eighth to the eleventh of this month, a company found over one hundred and twenty thousand, not a twelve hundred, one hundred and twenty thousand fraudulent websites that were created in the two month run up to Prime Day to scam people. Ninety two thousand were related to fishing of some sort, fishing credentials, fishing in general. Around twenty two thousand were related to malware. So you go to the website and it ends up downloading some like ransomware, keystroke, blogger or something, and then the rest were just basically fraudulent websites where they sent you some cheap garbage or they didn't send you anything at all. And my point is, so you have spoofing at work. It's so easy to send a text to someone. And thanks to AI, all the old school tells of the grammars weird, the punctuations weird, that's all gone. It's easy to social engineer people. I just got a text recently telling me that there was a twelve hundred and thirty dollars ninety nine cents charge on my Apple Pay. Well, guess what, Gary, Jeff, I don't use Apple pay, So I immediately know it's a scam, right, but it's spoofing, it's social engineering. Here's a problem money related, So of course you're concerned. You know who wouldn't be concerned that they might have lost twelve hundred dollars, right, So, I think what Dave is seeing is, you know, we've seen all so many data breaches, and you and I have talked about them so many times. It's so easy to get people's information now if you're a criminal slash con artist, and I would remind those as a guy who spent twenty five years as a software it is trivially easy to write a program. They could run through every phone number right US phone numbers follow a simple pattern three digits, three digits, four digits. You could very easily write a program that would litterally regenerate every single phone number in that range and send text to it. So what you're up against as the consumer is smart criminals who often are offshore, so there's no penalty for them to do this, there's no way to catch them. They have access to tools that can do all this stuff. So consequently, they just keep coming at you with different scams, whether it's ups, your package wasn't arrived, you owe a toll, Hey there was a fraud, there's an unusual charge, or what is this charge on your credit card?
Speaker 5: Or in mo whatever.
Speaker 12: Sadly, it's increasingly common. Again, think about that, Gary Jeff and a two month window, one hundred and twenty thousand fraudulent websites were creating scam people. It's crazy wow, But it shows how easy it is and how prevalent it is, and why it's so important. Again, I so much appreciate you've giving me the opportunity to try to raise awareness about these things, because the best thing you can do for yourself is be aware this is happening, Be extremely skeptical and take a breath. That deal that seems too good to be true that came to you via email to promote some Amazon Prime Day things could very well be fake, as is the link you click to go to the website to buy it. Now, they potentially have your username of password that you may have used on multiple sites. They get your credit card because you buy something from one.
Speaker 5: Of these garbage things.
Speaker 12: Again, here's this other headline channelingk tackers spoof big name brand websites. This deal shopper's payment inso so samasos. You have to be extremely cautious and skeptical and verify things before you enter your data.
Speaker 5: Or your money.
Speaker 1: Excellent stuff. Dave Patter as always my friend, Thank you so much. We'll talk to you soon. Now time for the Tom Davis diaryes or I like to call these the and that mad man himself stands by our cub reporter with wild, wacky stories from around the world, around the country top.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week it's my wedding and you'll die if I want you to. But first to Cleveland, where a guy was found face down bear butt up at a bus stop. Cops were called to the scene after reports of a man's bare bottom on display for the whole world to see. Now they got there and sure enough, that's what they found. Surprisingly, though they did not arrest the guy, who was passed out with his rear out, they woke him up and took him home. Sometimes it's okay to be nice to people, even stupid people. In Port Saint Lucy, Florida, Rosa Mina was arrested for allegedly running a backyard medspa. She literally was shooting people in the face with boatox from a garden shed. One person paid three hundred and twenty five dollars for a botch botox job that cost facial paralysis. Honestly, the oh I think they should let this woman go. If you're dumb enough to have a medical procedure done while you're sitting next to a garden weasel, that's on you. In New Hampshire, a guy took a car out for a test ride and stole it. What's so crazy about that, you say, Well, apparently he really wasn't into it that much because he brought it back and stole a different model that he liked better. Kenny Blankenship, which is his real name, was arrested on felony charges. Turns out Kenny had a criminal record going back two decades and impeccable taste in automobiles. And finally, a young bride from Texas is going viral for her wedding day demands. Apparently, during the ceremony, she banned bottles of water. No one was allowed to drink from a bottle for fear that one of them would end up in the pictures and look trashy. This left her guests to suffer in the one hundred and two degree Texas heat, which one of her elderly guests collapsed to heat exhaustion. We wish the groom all the luck in the world. Next week, police are after some weirdo who's stealing only the shoes that go on the right foot.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend?
Speaker 13: Yeah, wow, last, does anyone have any questions for the sanitation worker logan?
Speaker 8: If you find a dead body in a trash can, do you have to stop what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Or do you just toss it in the garbage? Into yet another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, July the twelfth, twenty twenty five, Gary jeff Walker, at your service. As always, a little bit past eight o'clock, we talked to our friends science.
Speaker 5: Mike.
Speaker 1: Let's do that now, shall we? Let's shall yes, another scientist surprising a blind and knee. Yes, indeed, it was good morning, Michael.
Speaker 5: How are you courage? Jeff? I'm sorry you didn't win that.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, what would you describe the odds last week?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well you know it's a long shot. Speaking of like odds, the Reds lost last night to the Rockies increased their winds by five percent, So that's a miserable number to think about. Well, let's let's talk about a little stimulation this morning, Gary Jeffson, And how do we uh, let's let's improve our mathematical abilities. Okay, so it's came out discovered that this stimulation, they call it transcranial random noise stimulation. They improve people's math abilities by thinking about this is a one hundred and fifty people, and they buy them up into three groups, those with low math skills and high mass skills, and then they had one that was just a they call it sham. They just didn't apply any electrical stimulation at all to their brain. And specifically they're targeting two areas of the brain that really help out in your math abilities, or the dorsal lateral pre funnel cortex and the posterior parietal cortex. The first one is in the front of brain that the second one is on the kind of the crown of your crown of your skull crowned the brain. But they gave them slight, little, low, very low. You couldn't even tell they were getting up with the very low electrical impulses. And what they found out was that the people with low math skills, after they applied this stimulation that improved their math abilities by almost thirty percent, they were able to solve problems quicker. Those would have the knowledge base already and they also did math acuity tests. He improved in those memorizations improved and uh so this electoral stimulation improves the connection between these two areas of the brain. Where do you go to get these Yeah, it's what I thought you they say, they think it's going to be available in a home kid. Well, yeah, you're really good at math. Though, if you're really good at math, it doesn't help you. Actually, it goes the other way because they could interferes with the signal if.
Speaker 1: You're no, I'm terrible at math.
Speaker 5: Well, we got a new test subject. Let's just look me up, baby, home kid. We'll get the home kid and try it out.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of when my dad, when we were little kids, bought the Sears home barber kid because he was going to save a lot of money by cutting our hair.
Speaker 5: Oh I had that happen to me. My dad bought one of those. I could. Well, we'll have to share a story. It wasn't miserable.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And uh, you don't want your father with a razor in his hand, an electric razor in his hand. If you're a little bit upset about the ordeals, say at four or five years old, to say I'll give you something to cry about. You really don't want that, but know that the home kitch of electronic stimulation to help with your math skills. Okay, I'm looking forward.
Speaker 5: To that, sir. What was that company called matel or.
Speaker 1: There you go, Thank you, Michael. It's eight eleven. It's seven hundred WLW hee.
Speaker 18: Fry starts to your Saturday as we kick off the weekend. But showers and storms will roll in for this afternoon as a cold front moves through. A few storms could be strong too severe. Heist today will be in the low nineties. Then things will quiet down tonight, but more storms on your Sunday. From your Severe Weather station. I'm nine first one a meteorologist kJ jcobs. These video seven hundred WLW seven D Thank you, Scot.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the Reds. Liam.
Speaker 8: The Reds lost to the Rockies three to two last night, and Olive Marte got the red scoring started with a solo blast in the third inning to give the Red Legs a one nothing lead. The Reds tied the game in the seventh to make it two to two. Ball game things with TJ. Friedel RBI ground out, but a Tony Santion wild pitch gave the Rockies the lead in the eighth inning and the Reds were never able to recover. The Reds are back in action this afternoon. Brady Singer takes them mount for the Reds and Bradley Blaylock takes the mount for the Rockies. Inside pitch coverage begins at three to ten and first pitch it set for four to ten on the home of the Reds seven hundred WLWFC. Cincinnati MLS leaders are back in action this afternoon, hosting the Columbus Crew and the Hell Is Real Rivalry. Pregame coverage begins at seven and kick is set for seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: The Wimbledon finals are set.
Speaker 8: Yeah the woman's final this evening, oh sorry, this afternoon evening in the UK between American Amanda Amnisova in the Polish five time Grand Slam champion IgA Swiatec. They clash in the finals on the men's side, second time they'll meet in a final this year. Carlos Alkaaz and Yonix Center will face off in the Wimbledon Final at eleven am tomorrow. Those two guys are It's insane the level they are at. Compared to everyone else. There's a lot of talented tennis players, but they make them look minuscule.
Speaker 1: Yep. Folks from the PGA across the pond, some of them playing in the Scottish Open going on this weekend ahead of the Open next weekend. What's happening in Scotland so far?
Speaker 8: Yeah, American Chris Gotterup is leading the Scottish Open at the moment at eleven under, is a two stroke lead over Harry Hall from Scotland. Rory McElroy is tied for sixth at seven under. Brian Harmon and Xander Schaffle are tied for twelve at six under. Scotti Scheffer tied for twenty first with Wyndam Clark at five hunder.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much. Take a quick phone call. Jacqueline's been winning? Hello, Jacqueline, Jacqueline are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: I knew as soon.
Speaker 19: As I went into the bakery you'd take my call.
Speaker 1: Of course, I timed it that way on purpose, just to torture you.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 12: The price of gas, yeah, you know they're talking about it.
Speaker 19: Being way down, but Kurger seems to keep it way high.
Speaker 12: Is that.
Speaker 19: Hurting Trump through us?
Speaker 4: Is that what's happening.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's not. I mean, gas is lower than it has been. It's lower than it was last year, and it's it's down. It's down considerably, Jacqueline.
Speaker 19: Everywhere Crger's has it at three nineteen, they have it at three thirteen.
Speaker 20: That's still hot to me, wellmire compared to last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, gas prices are down nationally across the board, whether it's at Kroger or Speedway or anywhere else.
Speaker 12: What was the price of last year?
Speaker 1: I think the average price of gas last year was you know what? Let me let me check real quick and I'll tell you why you check, I'll tell you I know it's it's about it's about twelve cents lower a gallon average than it was last year at this time.
Speaker 4: That's a big notice. That's that's really noticeable.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it really is. Gas is much lower, Jacqueline. I don't know what you're reading or where you're seeing, and which which Kroger you in.
Speaker 19: I go to any cred that's along the way only because I shot there.
Speaker 21: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 19: Think paying three nineteen a gallon is down.
Speaker 1: That's my personal opinion.
Speaker 19: When I've seen it closer to two dollars under Trump. The other thing I want to mention is, you know they're talking about mountain Dew and that's why she picked uh, what's his name for her runting partner, mountain Dew?
Speaker 1: What what are you talking about? I hadn't heard this.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Harris said, she picked Well they you know, the talking heads, they're saying that she picked Fritz.
Speaker 1: I guess what was his name.
Speaker 19: Her running partner?
Speaker 1: Uh, the idiot from Minnesota, Tim Walls.
Speaker 19: They're saying that she picked him because he drinks mountain dew, that he was more relatable, reliable.
Speaker 4: To the folks over the flyover.
Speaker 21: Country, more relatable to who the flyover dates. Okay, I personally think because of his long running history with China. China is what gave them so much money, the.
Speaker 19: Billions of dollars, and that they bought him for her running mate.
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard the mountain Dew explanation, but I'm glad I had you on this morning to enlighten me. Jacqueline, that's definitely an interesting phone call. Kroger is artificially keeping the gas prices higher to hurt Trump, so she says, take Saul Kines eight twenty eight seven Hunter WLD.
Speaker 22: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capital One. Seattle Rain FC of the NWSL has signed US women's national team forward me Official on a transfer from Chelsea of England's Women's Super League. Officials. Contract runs through the twenty twenty nine NWSL season and is believed to be the most expensive total deal in NWSL history, sources TELEESPN, the contract is worth nearly two and a half million dollars. For more women's sports stories, subscribe A Good Game with Sarah Spain and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 17: As a founding partner of Iheartwomen's Sports, Capital One helps you stay connected to top female.
Speaker 18: Athlete the weekend. It's here and it's a dry start. Then scat storm is developed this afternoon. Some could be on the stronger side. Heis will be in a low nineties after a calm night. Expect another round of showers of storms on your Sunday nineties throughout the weekend. From your severe weather station. I'm nine first worn of meteorologists kjjcobs this video seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Check and the radar.
Speaker 20: The only rain we're seeing is a small heavy cell of rain in southeast Pendleton County. Everything else is dry right now in Cincinnati, Ward seventy six degrees. I'm Sandy Collins. Next News at nine, news Radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 10: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning Kid, Time for gifts from Waldy. Good Dog, Bad Dog. Summer day. Bills out moan is grass and he notices a hearse slowly driving by, followed by a second hearse, followed by a man walking solemnly along behind that second hearse, followed by a dog, followed by about two one hundred men walking in single file behind the dog. Bill's never seen this before. He can't help himself. He walks up to the man who's following the second hearse and ask him who was in the first hearse double funeral? Said my wife, and Bill says, I'm sorry. What happened to your wife? He said, my dog bit her and she died. Bill then asked the man who was in the second hearse. The man replied, my mother in law. Again, my dog bit her and she died too. Bill thought about this for a second, finally ask the man can I borrow your dog? And the guy says, get in Line seven.
Speaker 23: Hundred WLW, Cincinnati and iHeartRadio station, make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free. He never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Inflation, Bo Barney and Sharon Jurgens who have been to our anniversary parties and the annual signings. Sharon is having a birthday on Monday, so happy birthday, Sharon, and thanks for letting me know. As we continue, it's time to talk a little sports and whatever else comes up that we can get into. Hey Mo, how are you doing doing?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: Man? How are you You sound like you were out somewhere. Are you golfing?
Speaker 4: I am golfing?
Speaker 1: Yes, I could tell you had the golf voice. Yes, now have.
Speaker 4: The I've already walked too much this morning, you know, shortness of breath?
Speaker 1: I understand? Which hole are you on?
Speaker 4: We are we just put it out on three. We're moving on to the fourth hole.
Speaker 1: You know, you know the story about the woman who gets stung by a on the golf course, right, no, tell me, Yeah. So she goes in after her round and she complains finds the greenskeeper and says, you've got to do something about the bees. You know, I got stung, And the groundskeeper says, where'd you get stung? Exactly? She said, between the first and second hole. He said, your stance is too wide. Anyway, I'm not sure what that means.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're out golfing and I wanted to ask you this. This will kind of play into my conversation I wanted to have with you a little bit after watching Novak Djokovic yesterday, just kind of show his age. He's thirty eight, and I always tend to root for the old guy, the supposed old guy who's about twenty years younger than me, at least twenty five, but they're the old guy relative to their sport. And Novak Djokovic obviously is not an old guy compared to me. But he's an old guy in tennis parlance at thirty eight, and he's beginning to show that he's still an elite player. But against a Yoniic Center or the other guy who's in the final at Wimbledon, he's ancient. He's ancient Alcarez. So, anyway, do you notice a change in your golf game from say, ten years ago you talked about being out of breath.
Speaker 4: Well, ten years ago, I really didn't play golf. I really didn't play golf until COVID because you know, you couldn't go do anything. So if I wanted to hang out with my friends, I had to go play golf with them. So prior to twenty twenty, I would play maybe.
Speaker 5: Once or twice a year.
Speaker 4: So that's not the best that's not the best frame of reference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, measurement.
Speaker 4: I'm better than I was. Yeah, I'm still.
Speaker 5: Not very good.
Speaker 7: But isn't it too isn't a too mo that that golf is one of those games that there's not as much fall off as you get older as there are in other sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. Uh, yeah, I think so. I mean, if if you ever watch golfers on the Champions Tour, I mean, they're still playing at a at a really, really high level. I mean it's, you know, to the naked eye. There's no real discernible difference to the naked eye, no real discernible difference at times between you know, players on the PGA Tour and players on the Champions Tour. Now, when you do a deeper dive. There's there's obvious differences. But yeah, I mean, look, it's you don't I stopped playing softball when I was forty. You don't see that many, you know, guys on the softball field who are sixty plus. But the golf courses, including the one today, littered with folks sixty plus and in some cases seventy plus. So yeah, I think it's a I think that's the cool part about the sport, right. It's one that you can play forever and ever and ever, and as long as you're physically able to do it. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Sure, And if you're Lee Trevino, you get to you know, some kind of special cream and the arthritis goes away in your knees and you can use a club and not a cane, as he likes to say. My brother, my next in line brother, I'm the oldest of four. So he's sixty two and he still is playing competitive soccer. Really, I cannot believe. And this is a guy who had a scholarship to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga back in the eighties and broke shattered his tibula as a freshman and never got to fulfill that that soccer career in college, but he has consistently played. He's a father of two, and he's out there on the weekends playing with basically kids. And there's there's like a senior league or of an over forty or over fifty league that he plays in regularly now. But he is still out playing soccer at sixty two. And I just don't know that I could do that, because you want to talk about being physically demanding a sport.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, aren't a whole lot of overweight soccer players you know?
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, he's he's fit, he's fit. He's just he's just up there. Man. It's like, I don't know. Some people just have that kind of capability and that physicality that and they're in good enough shape, I guess. But I can't imagine. I stopped playing basketball probably about thirty years ago, because you know, I just couldn't run and gun with the with the boys anymore. And I didn't I didn't like myself too much. Uh, trying to trying to, you know, recapture my my teens and my twenties on a basketball court. But I just can't imagine running up and down for ninety minutes or whatever playing soccer. Especially now.
Speaker 6: Oh I hear that.
Speaker 4: I hear that I didn't like I don't want to play soccer when I was seventeen, no decade later.
Speaker 8: Later.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 1: You told me about your your adversity to running in general. So yeah, correct, Now, do you do you need to hit the ball or anything?
Speaker 4: No, I'm good, I'm good. We we are playing behind a very slow playing group.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, fantastic because that that was one of the highlights last year. You're talking with me on a Saturday while you're playing golf, is having you stop and hit the ball and coming back and saying that wasn't very good. I like that.
Speaker 11: I remember that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: So do you think that the Reds played down to competition like the Rockies? It just seems like they get really amped up for the best teams. We were talking about the meat of the schedule and how the Reds hadn't played, you know, the hardest part of their schedule a couple of months ago, and you know, now they're playing the team that everyone considers to be like one of the worst teams in Major League Baseball, not just this year, but maybe ever. The Colorado Rockies, and they can't score with men and run. They can't score with men in scoring position. Again, they're committing errors at crucial points of the game, and they lose last night to the Rockies three to two. I mean, do you think there's some kind of mental letdown with this team?
Speaker 4: Well, I actually did just hit the ball as you were asking that question. I don't think it's a mental letdown. First of all, the Colorado Rockies aren't just bad. They are on pace to perhaps have the worst record in the history of the sport. Came into last night fifty one games under five hundred and Chase Burns. Yeah, Chase Burns against that lineup last night, was was good enough to give his team a chance to win. You hate to make any one baseball game about any one player, but Austin Hayes had a historically bad night last night. Over five for strikeouts, hit into a double play, came up every time with guys in scoring position. They walked Ellie Deli Crew three times to get to him. I think only once in franchise history have the Reds kind of guy go over five with forrest strikeouts in a double play. So you know, if he comes up with a hit in any one of those situations, the outcome is a little bit different. This team offensively is just average at best, and I think this week you've seen, I think you've seen an illustration as to why people like me feel the way we do about the team. I think this team will hang in the race for most of the season because I think they're starting pitching is good enough. I do not think they'll play in October because the offense, which we thought coming into the season was going to be average at best this season has been average. If you look across the board statistically, they're not great at any one's things. They're not a good power hitting team, they're not necessarily great at manufacturing runs. They don't steal as many bases as they did two years ago. There's not a lot of protection in the heart of the batting order for a guy like Elie Dela Cruz, Matt McClain in the two holes. At a very disappointing season. They're just not good enough offensively. And when you're a team that has flaws, they can be exposed, and they can be exposed against really good teams, and the Reds play a bunch of them. Here very very soon, and you can be exposed against really bad teams, and the Reds are playing one this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 1: It was amazing to watch the celebration in the dugout while the Reds were basically on their way to getting creamed. For the Andrew Abbot announcement that Terry Francona made to the team and to Andrew Abbott about his appearance in the All Star Game this coming week this was deserved. We all thought that Andrew Abbot belonged. And because I guess the Dodgers pitcher cannot make the roster for the All Star because he's pitching this weekend, Andrew Abbot will be representing the Reds along with La de la Cruz. Is there anybody? Is there any other one Reds player you think deserves strong consideration to be in that All Star Game on Tuesday?
Speaker 4: I think Amelia Pegan had a case, and you know it's I think there's a difference between an exclusion and a snub. You know, if someone snubbed, then I think they legitimately got screwed. I don't think Amelia Pagan not making the All Star Game as a snub, but I do think when you sit down and kind of jot down, all right here the believers that have a shot. He was on that list, and so I think he's been better this season than a lot of people realize. His walks and hits for innings, pitched his outstanding this season. I think there was a stretch where TJ. Friedel was performing well enough at the top of the order that you could have made a case for him. His paces slowed down pretty significantly. But Andrew Abbott, no doubt he deserved it. Ellie Dela Cruz, no doubt he deserved it. And he saw it Andrew Abbit the other night. Why he is an All Star because when they needed a great start on Wednesday night, he gave he gave him one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. Speaking of snubs, Davy Concepcion not being in the Baseball Hall of Fame, that's that's a snub of the highest order. That is a royal screwing in my opinion and the opinion of most people. Don't you agree?
Speaker 6: I do agree.
Speaker 4: I think if you look at shortstop, to me, you have to compare players against the guys against whom they played. So if you think of the nineteen seventies who were most shortstops. They were good field, no hit players who hit eighth in the batting order. David Conceptsion was obviously not the pre eminent offensive player on the teams he played on in the nineteen seventies, right, we know who those guys were. But he was I think arguably the best offensive shortstop of his era. And he was a marvelous defensive shortstop. And I think David Conceptsi one is the victim of two things. One, he wasn't even close to being the best player on his own team. That's not his fault. I think number two, the offensive success of shortstops of the mid nineties have kind of dwarfed a little bit what Davey was able to do offensively. I think that's an unfair comparison. I think Davy has always been a guy who we should talk more seriously. Chad Dotson, who's a writer for Cincinnati Magazine dot com and also has his own news letter, wrote a few months ago the definitive case for David Concepcion to be included in Cooperstown, and uh, it's it's very convincing. In fact, I even shared it on social media and had folks say to me, man, this is more thorough than anything I've ever read. And now I'm convinced. Yes, number thirteen should have a plaque in Cooperstown. I'm not sure it's ever gonna happen, but it should.
Speaker 1: How was the shot that you hit while we were talking?
Speaker 15: That was not awful?
Speaker 4: No, not no, not entirely atrocious. I'm findable and that's findable.
Speaker 1: That's great, all right, mo enjoy the rest of the round. We'll talk to you soon. Mo Egger on the golf course this morning, counselor good morning. I like that it was findable. It was fine.
Speaker 24: Two or three times in my life I've played golf. I didn't keep score. The only thing I kept score of was how many times I hit it in the woods.
Speaker 1: I need more ball than clubs, because they are not going to be findable. Asmos said, just no if I'm real good at driving the beer cart.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: My friend Steve from at in Ohio had a wonderful commentary early this morning about the truly evil people blaming the whiteness and christianity of the kids at Camp Mystic for their own demise and blaming Trump voters and saying that they're white and saying that they're Christian and they deserved it. These people actually are saying that. Well, y, Stacy Abrams to the Christine Probes, to Chuck Schumer, right, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 24: It's funny you mentioned that because I don't know if you heard the one she was some official in Texas for the mayor Houston or something like that. She went on this deal. Had those young girls at the Christian camp been black, nobody would have cared. Yes, I'm going to play that. It's just disgusting. It is absolutely you know, racists come in all shapes and colors, you know. And while she I guess whatever appointment she had she was terminated from, but her life won't be ruined. If it were flipped. On the other hand, whoever would have said it, that person's life would have been ruined and his bull crap.
Speaker 1: Well, here's another question, and I brought this up earlier. Why does anybody even care what Stacy Abram says? I could care. She doesn't even want a statewide election in Georgia. Ever.
Speaker 24: No, Well, she's under the gun too. She's being investigated for some funny business with some money on the way. Good door the two billion dollars that she got. Yeah, yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what happens. All right, what's on the show real quick? Well, i'll tell you what. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the Butler Pennsylvania assassination nine point thirty. We're gonna be talking live from there with Janie Heisel.
Speaker 1: Of the Epoch Times.
Speaker 24: She was there and she was close to the action, so we're going to talk to her.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Mike Allen Saturday midday after the show show at Huddles, we'll be there. Come on by and say hi. Have you taken your family to dinner recently and been shot