Speaker 1: Hey, what's up are you? Wicked people?
Speaker 2: I'm Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicked and Grim True crime podcast.
Speaker 1: Warning, the following podcast contain material intended format your audience, the listener.
Speaker 2: Just question every episode you want to just crack open a bear.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's it's delicious and it's entertaining and it sounds great on the microphone.
Speaker 2: Okay, do it up?
Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome to Wicked and Grim. Everybody.
Speaker 2: I feel like that we're almost gonna have to do that every single episod.
Speaker 1: So not everyone, but majority majority people wonder if we don't. Okay, we got a lot to talk about today. But first off, we are currently rocking our old mics. But as we mentioned before, we did get an upgrade. So what we're gonna do right now so you can hear the difference. This is the old microphones hell, and we're gonna rock into the new ones. Nicole, you want to give us a countdown?
Speaker 2: Three, two, one, and.
Speaker 1: Here we are the new mics. Boom, How do we sound?
Speaker 2: Does that sound better to you?
Speaker 1: It is delicious?
Speaker 2: Is it beautiful? It's like the sound of birds singing.
Speaker 1: Three little oh my doorstep?
Speaker 2: Oh is that like the song? Yeah, it's gonna be okay, all right's gonna be right that Marley. Yeah, but then I was a reading. I was obsessed. Actually, I freaking had it on replay.
Speaker 1: The original is better. Anyways, Anyway, we had a lot to talk about today, guys, so hopefully we're going to keep this short. We try to keep it under like five minutes usually.
Speaker 2: We do try.
Speaker 1: We'll see if we can keep that today. But we announced on Instagram and Facebook we reached fifty thousand downloads officially.
Speaker 2: Wild today, Like blows my mind.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 2: I never would have imagined this.
Speaker 1: So you guys are absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for all your incredible support. It means literally the world to us. Yeah, so thank you so much. And we look forward to the next fifty however long that takes, who knows, but we look forward to the future of Wicked and Graham with all of you. So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just so exciting and pumped, so pumped. Yes, from our posts that we put out, we got so much love on it.
Speaker 1: We did on Instagram. Yeah, you got the Instagram in.
Speaker 2: Your So I'm just gonna like read two of them because it's just like so exciting. So the first one came from Danny d l T and she said, you two deserve all the success. You're amazing at storytelling and entertaining while giving all the facts and being genuine.
Speaker 1: We genuinely appreciate.
Speaker 2: That you really do. We actually think you're awesome, so awesome. And this next one is from Zoe. I don't know if I should try to pronounce your last name, but you know we're parable pronouncing pronunciation McDonald McDonald. I hope I'm saying that right, Zoe. She goes, y'all totally earned it. Us in Texas love your podcast.
Speaker 1: Up here in Canada. We love y'all in Texas.
Speaker 2: We love you y'all. Y'all, y'all listeners, thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: We love y'all.
Speaker 2: A how's that? Oh my god? That's like yeah, joining both love it, best of both worlds. I love it so thank you honestly, Okay, we try to like reply to all the comments or at least like them. I think we reply to most of them, but it honestly like makes surday. It makes surday when people are like commenting armor posts.
Speaker 1: And we get messages dms on Instagram, Facebook comments, we have emails coming in and on our website we have messages coming in, but we don't check some of those nearly as often, but we do check them and we will get to all of them at least eventually. So and yeah, thank you guys. Will reply to you. If we haven't replied yet, we will eventually.
Speaker 2: I actually love replying. It's fun.
Speaker 1: It is. We got something else coming down the pipe, which is really cool to announce.
Speaker 2: What's that bench?
Speaker 1: We actually had someone specifically request this actually as an episode.
Speaker 2: For what we're doing today.
Speaker 1: No, not the one we're doing today.
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry, the announcement. Sorry, yes, I get it.
Speaker 1: So we had someone, I think it was two days ago or yesterday, request that we do the Highways tiers as an episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw that. Yep.
Speaker 1: What's really cool is we live, well, it's not really cool, but it's you'll where I'm going. High Way of Tears isn't cool, but we live right at the beginning of the Highway of Tears, which heads over to the west coast of Canada from our city. Prince George, Prince George to Prince Rupert, and that's a stretch of Highway. We are going to do an episode. We are already planning that.
Speaker 2: However, it's a little different of an episode.
Speaker 1: It's a way different of an episode, way different. We are doing a full length, one hour documentary. We got funding to produce a wicked and grim documentary and we are focusing on the Highway of Tears. So you are definitely going to get your episode for Highway of Tears. It might take a while, but it's going to be it's going to be a video. It's going to be a movie, yeah, which is so cool. We are stoked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, starring us.
Speaker 1: Staring us. I'm dreading diving into that one a little bit because it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, but I'm kind of excited because I it is so close to us, and I honestly don't know enough about it, so I I'm wanting to learn more.
Speaker 1: It is one of those ones that's kind of swept under the rug a lot too, which is kind of sad. So Yeah, Originally we're actually going to do a different documentary on another missing person's case, but the family got in contact with us and we're like, you know, we're not too sure if we want this documentary to go focus on it. So we're like, Okay, we're going to do the Highway of Tears, because before it was this missing person with the Highway of Tears undertone. Now we're going to do the Highway of Tears, and we are going to involve that missing person a little bit as well. So we are involving everyone. But the nice thing is now we are highlighting the Highway of Tears in the documentary, which.
Speaker 2: I think is a really good thing to probably talk about and highlight definitely. Yeah, like it needs to get out there more. Yeah, so how exciting.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do we have any other announcements? Is there anything else? I don't know, Like so much.
Speaker 2: As I feel like pump sitting here, I was like so tired before we started this, and I'm just like, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Every time we turn on the mics, suddenly like it's almost like the weird flip switches, because like I'm sitting here, I was just painting downstairs and you were sending an email and we're like, oh, work sucks, we gotta do the podcast tonight. That's gonna be fun, blah blah, And then the moment we sat down and the mics turned on and we're just like testing her audio levels, like behind the scenes. You guys don't hear that part.
Speaker 2: You should hear that part that we're larious.
Speaker 1: Maybe for patrons one day, but anyways, as soon as those mics go hot, it's it's like the ship show just starts right up. Energy levels just jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we are definitely happy to be away from painting and emails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so clearly we enjoyed this. Yeah, if you didn't know.
Speaker 1: O, can you talk a little bit. I've been talking a lot. Any news, any news.
Speaker 2: Any news. I just want to listen to this case.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, really quickly before we do go to the case, I did want to touch one more thing.
Speaker 2: You're like, chatty Cathy tonight.
Speaker 1: Well I sorry, let's go.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Everyone always guesses our.
Speaker 2: Hintsome Yeah, people are so good.
Speaker 1: Like you guys are insanely good.
Speaker 2: Guess so good.
Speaker 1: I tried to make it a little bit more difficult on the last post for this case.
Speaker 2: Yeah it didn't work.
Speaker 1: No, instantly people knew what it was. So Nicole is doing next episode, and I think we should see if we can really test people.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, maybe I could put something up tonight because I don't even know what the episode is on, and then they can guess because no one will get it right then, because I don't even know what the heck I'm doing next week.
Speaker 1: So you're just going to post something random that doesn't even make sense that it's a joke. You're just going to post an image of a car.
Speaker 2: No one will get it right.
Speaker 1: It's because it's probably just our car sitting in the driveway.
Speaker 2: Oh that's like, don't let's not do that. That's like a bad omen. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, Well I'm going to figure out what I'm going to dive into and then yeah, maybe I'll do I'll do.
Speaker 1: Something we should like, do it. I know for my next case, I'm doing something seriously obscure.
Speaker 2: So that's what we're the game. We're going to start playing.
Speaker 1: Well all the time a little bit. I want to test people. I want to see if I can push their limits. Like this case. I thought I picked an obscure case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't even know much about this case. And you are like, I don't think that was very hard.
Speaker 1: Well no it wasn't, but still I thought it was an obscure case. When I first picked it. Yeah, and then once I started researching them, Like, there are so many articles, there are so many documentaries. This is not an obscure case. So I thought putting the boat with the back of it just the name showing yea was enough. But the back door was opened, the name was kind of cut off, so like maybe people won't really see the name and they'll have to look at the smaller boat to really see the name. It might might have been harder, but clearly not. So, Yeah, this is a higher profile case and people got it really easy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I'm going to We'll try next week again. We'll just keep trying until no one can get it. Okay, deal, Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this is the case of Thomas and Jackie Hawks.
Speaker 2: Okay, Thomas and Jackie.
Speaker 1: Now they were a couple from Prescott, Arizona in the United States, which is a city of like forty two thousand people. It's just north of Like, I didn't write down the city name. I wrote down Arizona. It's just north of Arizona. Apparently, No, it's in Arizona anyways, it's in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't write down the city that works. Okay. Anyways, it's a city in the States, forty two thousand people population, Okay. Thomas was a fifty seven year old bodybuilder and former probation officer with two sons from a previous marriage. Okay, and his wife, Jackie, was forty seven, who was also retired, and she spent her recent years taking care of the family with Thomas's adolescent sons.
Speaker 2: Oh so she took care of his sons yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she wasn't like their biological mother, but they were living with him, and she was just like she was the good step mom sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forty seven to be retired, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like a seriously hard working couple. Okay. They made sure they worked hard for their retirement and they earned it.
Speaker 2: Sort of awesome.
Speaker 1: They were also like extremely dedicated to one another. Like I said, they earned their retirement. And when the day finally came when Thomas's kids were actually out of the house and on their own, because they weren't too young, right, Like, they were still living at home. It's not she was taking care of them, but she was taking care of the house sort of thing, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So once they were out of the house and on their own, they decided they wanted an inventure. Okay, something that many people want, but only very few people ever actually do. They went out and they purchased themselves a fifty five foot yacht and christened it the Well Deserved.
Speaker 2: That's actually not on my list, but it is for a lot of people. Yeah, I can imagine, but I'm just like terrified of the ocean. Scary shit down there, like and a lot of things that you don't even think we know that are down there.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely. So well, I know what's the percentage there's there's a very high percentage. It's like ninety five percent of the world's ocean is unexplored or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if it's actually ninety percent. I'm pretty sure it's above eighty. But yeah, that's too crazy percentage.
Speaker 2: That's too high.
Speaker 1: Like there literally could be a cracking out in the ocean, a giant squid that just like takes shit.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there probably is. It wouldn't even surprise me.
Speaker 1: There's probably also like a disco fish that just like lights shine in different directions for like a.
Speaker 2: Party Oh boy, there's just probably I bet you could just everything under there, under.
Speaker 1: A sea, undert a sea. We got to watch a Little Mermaid. It's been a while. It's a good show.
Speaker 2: It is a good show.
Speaker 1: It's an amazing show.
Speaker 2: Anyway, was I why were you staring at me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: That was also safe?
Speaker 1: You were staring at me though too. I looked at you looked at me, and it was just silent, and I was like, that's just how I look.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Okay, holy keep going.
Speaker 1: Regardless of my looks. They went out and purchased their fifty five foot yacht and christened it the Well Deserved. They treated this as their permanent home and residence. Okay, they actually lived on the water.
Speaker 2: Oh see that school, I could live on the water, which is that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: That's weird, weird, that's ass backwards.
Speaker 2: But whatever, just like on a houseboat or something that stalked But okay, carry on, sorry, okay.
Speaker 1: Well, they upgraded the boat. They installed everything they would ever need, and they kept it maintained meticulously. It was a perfect boat for their perfect life. They sailed for two years around the Pacific Ocean in the Gulf of California, like They didn't just park it. They sailed. They lived the life on sea. Now there's home videos. They did lots. It took lots of pictures, and you can actually find footage of like dolphins swimming alongside their boat orca is going along. And there's even one shot that I saw in a documentary of Thomas swimming out in the water with dolphins. Wild dolphins.
Speaker 2: Really, Hey, ballsy dude, Okay, yeah, that would just make me want to pee my pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you ever want to go swimming with dolphins, maybe go for it. But I don't recommend it. We won't ever do.
Speaker 2: It, probably not. I don't think that's something I'd ever do.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly they did, but.
Speaker 2: That's living on the wild side. I do it.
Speaker 1: It is they lived on the wild side. They literally fully embraced the whole, like ocean life, the sailor life. They moved from port to port, making the best of like each stay, and they enjoyed literally every minute they did more their boat at its regular home in an upscale neighborhood and a ritzy Newport beach in California when they weren't outsailing the ocean, so mooring it is literally parking it, you know, dropping an anchor in the bay sort of thing.
Speaker 2: They're like quite well off, obviously.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily they put all their money into the boat.
Speaker 2: Okay, just kind of sounds like they.
Speaker 1: Are they saved and they earned it, but they weren't like super rich or anything. Okay, But eventually, after two years, they decided it was time to say farewell to their sea life and set down roots once again. Oh well, the decision didn't didn't come because they were like growing tired of life in the water or sailing or anything. It came because one of Thomas's sons had just become a dad, and Thomas and Jackie were now grandparents, so they wanted to sell the beloved well deserved to move back to Arizona and be closer to family. That makes sense, Yeah, totally, So in two thousand and four they decided to sell the boat, just like a house, though with realtors and stuff. There's like brokers and fees to pay. Oh really, they weren't the most well off. All their money was in the boat, so to avoid that, they decided to go private sitells. So they avoided that like commission costs sort of.
Speaker 2: Thing, you know, okay, which I feel like a lot of people think about doing.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, we thought about doing it with our house.
Speaker 2: We did think about doing it with the house. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they didn't go through a boat broker. They did it through private sale, which a lot of retired people do. The pinched in the pennies, right, retired, you don't have that income.
Speaker 2: Well also like you may have more time too if you're retired, right too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: To sell it to do that? Yeah, So they put out ads in papers and even actually in boating magazines such as Yachting World magazine. Okay, and the ad read nineteen eighty lean HWA trawler fifty five foot by fifteen feet and eight inches one, three hundred and fifty fuel, outstanding condition, crews, ready, everything imaginable, four thousand, three hundred, sorry, four hundred and thirty five thousand dollars moored in Newport Beach by owner. So that was the add a lot.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what boat's going half.
Speaker 1: A million dollars in two thousand and four for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's in nineteen eighty yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure if that's a lot for the boat specifically, But I mean that is good change.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that is literally that's their equity right there.
Speaker 2: Right, totally, Yeah, they need that.
Speaker 1: So it didn't take long before the boat had a potential buyer, Skyler. Delhion was a twenty five year old and was interested in the well deserved. Skyler said that they had cash and lots of it, and claimed the money came from being a child actor in real estate investments.
Speaker 2: Did they google that shit?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Google that shit? Google what shit?
Speaker 2: Child is he? Actually? If he's was a child actor, you could google that he was actually a child Oh he actually was.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: I'm already think of this dude's sketch, but maybe he's not even a sketcherson.
Speaker 1: He boasted a lot about being on the Power Rangers when he was younger, about being a child star and Power Rangers. However, his role on Power Rangers was extremely minimal, Like he was just a bit part for like an episode.
Speaker 2: Oh but he was on the Power Ring.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly exactly, That's exactly how he played it up. I get into that a little bit more later on. Okay, So immediately, Thomas, though was suspicious as a former probation officer. Something wasn't right about this and the cash in hand was a red flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well assessially at that age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for half a million dollars cash?
Speaker 2: Yes, has that just sitting there?
Speaker 1: I wish we did.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, actually I get I jump on that bandwagon.
Speaker 1: Please give me half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: But I put in the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Regardless of being suspicious, though, they did decide to meet in person. Oh, I clicked something here. Where am I?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, oh, okay, I think I'm good.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: I think so. Where am I? Though?
Speaker 2: Does everything you own have stickers all over it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, because it's looking at your jab with.
Speaker 1: The sticker stickers. I love stickers.
Speaker 2: You love stickers.
Speaker 1: They're fun. Okay.
Speaker 2: Did you love stickers as a child, because I did? Yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: I like to draw and put stickers and things on things and stuff and things. Okay. Regardless of the stickers, they decided to meet in person, and when they did, Skyler showed up to the meeting with a pregnant wife named Jennifer de Lyon who was twenty three, and she had their daughter in a stroller with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they had a little kid and she was pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yep, so it was a nice little fan okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, then your your spidey sense would go down, yes.
Speaker 1: Most certainly.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So the family painted like happy, trustworthy picture and you know, Jackie and Thomas is just like you said, your spidy senses go down to. Reservations were at ease.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the offer was cash in hand and the asking price was four thousand, sorry four fuck.
Speaker 2: Kay saying four thousand, like good deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred and thirty five thousand, plus an additional fifteen thousand for some other onboard boat items for a total of four hundred and fifty thousand, almost said four thousand.
Speaker 2: Again, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of dope. Yeah, it's I wouldn't mind a chunk of.
Speaker 2: Check, especially in two thousand and four or whatever, two thousand four. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So only one more thing had to be done though, before the deal was official, oka a sea trial. Skyler wanted the Hawks to take them out on the boat so it could be inspected things like the hull and the motors to ensure, you know, everything's like in working order and it's up to par like they say it is, right, so they decided to schedule a day to take the boat out, and then when the day arrives, things were a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 1: So Thomas and Jackie were expecting Skyler and Jennifer to show, yeah, but instead it was Skyler with two men, one of which claimed to be Skyler's accountant.
Speaker 2: It was odd, okay, because they would not need to ride the boat, test drive of the boat an accountant your accountant, right? No? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, well yeah it was.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I don't. I just don't think so.
Speaker 1: But okay, it's odd. Well they found it odd. So Skyler and two two men.
Speaker 2: Okay, the other dude is nothing, just another dude. One's an accountant, one's Skyler.
Speaker 1: Just a friend or something or something. I never really found anything of them claiming the second dude was anything, or saying who he was or nothing. It was just Skyler and two dudes.
Speaker 2: Okay, But would you be alarmed? Because, like, I don't know, if you were, if we were buying a boat like you would probably want to more so bring like your dad to check it out than me. So is that really like alarming? Would you be alarmed?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe because I probably would tell the guy like, hey, I'm bringing my dad with me, and I'm pretty sure you would come to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would come to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so yeah, I mean they it was odd, but not like crazy weird or anything. So it was just odd. It's not what they expected. And yeah, okay, well let's head out in the water.
Speaker 2: Something that you would like warn someone in the boat. Yeah, yeah, probably, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So they went out in the water. Did exactly that. They went out for the sea trial.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, a friend of the Hawks, carter Ford, had evening plans to meet up with them once they returned from the sea trial, and as it grew closer to the meeting time, he received a phone call from Jackie. She said they weren't sure why they weren't back in the harbor yet, but that they were still in open water. Skyler and the men he brought along with them, they were still trialing the boat and they would and once they were done, they called carter and just be like, okay, we're back in boats moored basically like they were taking their sweet ass time out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she was on the boat too, She.
Speaker 1: Was on the boat. So Jackie and Thomas are both on the boat and she's like, I don't know why I'm not back yet. They're still doing their thing. They're taking the sweet last time. We'll call you when we get back.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the sunset, darkness grew, and it got later and later and later into the night. Carter never received that phone call.
Speaker 2: Shit, okay, So.
Speaker 1: The morning came and they're in the harbor. More than that spot was the well deserved.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's good. You would be like, oh, they've done this.
Speaker 1: But Thomas and Jackie were nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they went out for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Some mimosas, some eggs, Benny.
Speaker 2: You know, they just sold their boat and they're celebrating, oh yeah, you know, living it up.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the first impressions that a lot of people had, because their SUV was also missing. So friends thought that maybe they must have left for a spontaneous road trip to celebrate the sail of their boat, or maybe they quickly headed back to Arizona or something for quick you know, Hurrah trip or who knows what. Yeah, but they figured, okay, well, they probably just spontaneously.
Speaker 2: Took off but they definitely should have like called Carter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which was which was weird that they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the days began to roll by and still no sign of Thomas and Jackie. On top of that, friends noticed a couple odd things going on here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 1: First off, there is a dinghy that goes along with the Well Deserved. So when the boat is moored out in the harbor, it's staying on the water, it's anchored, and then to get to shore, they use the dinghy to basically taxi back and forth and then tie the dinghy up at the dock.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dingy wasn't tied to the dock.
Speaker 2: C oh okay, I was like the dingy was gone.
Speaker 1: Dingy was there.
Speaker 2: He was at the dock, but not tied. He wasn't tied correctly, not like what a boat or with experience would.
Speaker 1: Tie it, not like a meticulous Thomas would do. He kept very good care of his ship. Everything was in order. Every not was perfect. This not was far from perfect, completely incorrect. Not at that it was not right.
Speaker 2: Not okay, yeah, that would that would be one thing.
Speaker 1: A closer look actually at the boat because friends, you know, thought this is weird.
Speaker 2: Well did they go out into the big boat.
Speaker 1: They didn't go into it, but they were like they boated around and close to it and looking at it.
Speaker 2: Oh, they should have gone right in.
Speaker 1: I would, Well, it's not their property. Yeah, but that's breaking and entering into a house, is what that's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But if it's your friend and you're like checking.
Speaker 1: On, that's still break. What if it's a crime scene, you're breaking and entering into.
Speaker 2: A crimes I would have gone on the boat.
Speaker 1: You're going to smash into a friend's door and go looking for them before calling the cops. I don't know, I didn't think so, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's the same as answer. I'm just gonna I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, so a closer look of the boat, because they were they're peeking in, like saying, just like seeing if anyone's parked in the driveway or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Sort of thing. It's dry buys, but with a boat, okay. Showed tarps not covering equipment properly, a motor not put in the correct position, and a towel hanging out of an open porthole window. Oh something wasn't right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of things going on there that is not right.
Speaker 1: They made sure everything was in its place, and everything was not in its place.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: So of course police were called and investigators began looking into the case, and the first place they did start was on board the Well Deserved.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now they had no means of entry, so they had to break in. But it was investigators. It's for someone's well being, right, Yeah, So they had every So that's okay.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's lot officials.
Speaker 1: It's not just some blonde with a glass of wine. Where the fuck are you? But I'm coming in the dory some.
Speaker 2: Blonde with a glass of wine. Achave me? Yeah, hey, I'm drinking water. You're the one was always drinking.
Speaker 1: I like alcohol, so do you.
Speaker 2: I already had a glass of wine tonight. I does not have another, okay.
Speaker 1: I took a step of beer, so I had like gotta put it down. Okay. So they began looking on board the Well Deserved and they had no means of entry, so they broke the lock. Blah blah blah blah, Am I here okay. So after entering, they almost immediately see, you know, of course, things are scattered around. Things aren't. It's not a disaster, no struggle, it's just not well kept and maintained like it should be.
Speaker 2: Okay, like they would have had it. Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And they also found a receipt laying on the open floor okay. And the receipt was for a few things. But among those things was bleach cleaning supplies, trash bags, oh shit, and thumbs a suspicious shopping lift.
Speaker 2: What the the thumbs for? A tummy?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Hold on? So a suspicious, suspicious list that was also dated two days after they went missing. I think that was just in our headphones. Did you guys hear a buzz? We just had feedback. I think it was just our headphones.
Speaker 2: I think it's the red lady. She followed us. A shit, shit, we gotta go. Okay, I'm so intrigued to know what the fuck the tombs is for. So let's go okay, let's keep going.
Speaker 1: So one of the investigators said this, and I quote, if I was gonna kill somebody, I'd have my clean kit and it will be bags to get rid of evidence, to wipe down the scene, and maybe, if I had a conscience, some tombs to settle my stomach after killing some poor people. Oh so that could be what the tombs are for.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Okay, that's like just something that you well, Okay, so they were anxious. They might have had like the shits because they were like nervous about what they are doing. So they're buying this stuff and then they get buy tombs too. Yeah, maybe if you're nervous rooms. I don't know. I think nervous people get the ships.
Speaker 1: Well. I think like when I was younger, the first time I bought condoms, about like twelve other things with it because I was nervous to buy condoms, you know, act casual, right, get some chips with it or maybe a loaf of bread, you know.
Speaker 2: I still feel like I'm like that with tampons. Is so awkward because lots of times when I'm buying tampons, I'm also buying like chocolate, and they're just like geez.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's an awkward thing. I think that's just a hormonal thing you crave and some chocolate and some snacky chips, you know. I don't know. I I've never experienced a period, so I can't say for sure, but that's gonna be my guess.
Speaker 2: That's not the best, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Thank God. I'm a dude. I can pee standing up and I don't get cramps and bleed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're lucky.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm lucky. I have you you are w Anyways, that aside.
Speaker 2: Holy let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: So friends and family all knew that Thomas and Jackie were selling the boats. The next step for investigators was to get a hold of the people who were interested in making the purchase. Skuyler and Jennifer said that they had purchased the boat from the owners with cash in full, and they hadn't seen them since the transaction.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're saying that they at this point they owned the boat.
Speaker 1: It's their boat. They owned the boat, they paid for it. They don't where Thomas and Jackie are.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, Okay, So if.
Speaker 1: This is true, there must have been a deposit into the bank of Thomas and Jackie Hawk.
Speaker 2: However, well, not necessarily was cash and they took off.
Speaker 1: So are they just running around with half a million dollars in cash?
Speaker 2: They don't see. They don't seem like the kind of people that would do that.
Speaker 1: Definitely not. Yeah, so there was no deposit into the account. Okay. Other than this, the buyers weren't like the most helpful or to give a lot of info. They're like, I don't know we bought the boat. We don't know where they are. That's about it.
Speaker 2: People are missing be helpful. I know that's rude.
Speaker 1: So trying to get more information, the investigators began to stake out the couple and follow them around. Okay, Jackie was followed to a hair salon where she worked. Should go in, go about her shift, and go home? Both the two of them. Jackie and Skyler were both followed to a church where they volunteered for cleaning inside the church. Oh, they were living normal lives. They were literally giving no reason for foul play, any suspicious behavior or nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so interesting. I wonder if they knew they were being followed.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did. No, they were just living their life.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Investigators began to dig a little deeper, you know, trying to find something. There's got to be something. Something's not right. We have too some people, no evidence of transaction.
Speaker 2: Definitely not right.
Speaker 1: Definitely not right.
Speaker 2: Like, let's get this shit figured out. I hope this is this is not one of those ones where, oh, we don't know what's happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, we know what's happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank god, we know what's happened, because I don't want to deal with that today.
Speaker 1: So they dug deeper and they found that the couple was living in Jackie's parents' garage, which had been converted into a suite, and that Jackie was actually the breadwinner of the family and being a hairdresser, it's not like they're making the money, Skyler claimed. They were.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, okay for sure, and they're just living and they're just living in her parents' garage.
Speaker 1: Yes. Interesting, So those real estate purchases or whatever didn't exist. And like I said, he was just a bit part on the Power Rangers show and they were in debt eighty seven thousand dollars. Oh, not the kind of people who could afford a yacht.
Speaker 2: Yeah with cash?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, thank you. Yeah that's not happening.
Speaker 2: No, that is definitely not happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I skipped over a bit of the Power Rangers info there because we already covered it all. I just looked at it. I'm like, oh, we already said it.
Speaker 2: But like that's actually true that he was in The Power Rangers. Yep, Okay, I don't know why, but I'm just doing I think I think he was in The.
Speaker 1: Power Rangers twice for like a total of like three or four seconds.
Speaker 2: No, Like, how much would that even make? You?
Speaker 1: Like? Nothing, he probably made like, I don't know, two hundred bucks or something. Yeah, I have no idea, huh. And it's not like The Power Rangers was super high budget, Like it's super cheesy acting. First of all, you claim you're on the Power Rangers for being acting. It's like, I mean, that's not like great a acting there. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I can't even remember. I can't I have like, I mean, I'm sure I watched the shows, but it's been a while.
Speaker 1: I love the Power Rangers. I love them as a kid, love them now. They're very entertaining, athletic people. The costume design was great, but it was cheesy. It was cheesy. It was meant for kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's some suspicious thing about mister Power Rangers and Jennifer. So Skyler gets brought in for questioning from investigators and they want to know where they got the cash from.
Speaker 2: Fair question.
Speaker 1: After talking for a little while, Skyler admits something.
Speaker 2: Okay, what does she amit?
Speaker 1: Skyler admits the money was made using drug sales for Mexico.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 1: Yep, and Skyler maintained the story. They did the transaction mostly in one hundred dollars bills, and from there, Thomas and Jackie asked Skyler if they could use the connections from the drug transactions to help open a bank in Mexico where they could buy a house down there.
Speaker 2: What that's confusing and doesn't make sense? Hold on, hold on, okay.
Speaker 1: From there, they gave Skyler the power of a hernie over their finances to do so, and Skyler was able to provide a signed document to the police to prove it.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense, like zero sentence.
Speaker 1: Not only were signatures required for this document, though fingerprints were required as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you were held at friaking gunpot on a boat, you'd probably do that. Shit, Maybe I would.
Speaker 1: There was even a notary who witnessed the signings of the document and described the same events of the transaction as Skyler and Jennifer was.
Speaker 2: The notary the freaking dude that was on the boat.
Speaker 1: It was not w But here's the thing. The notary was asked to describe the events, did so in perfect detail, and was asked to describe Thomas and Jackie. Thomas she described to a t Jackie. However, she described Jackie as having long, brown curly hair. Jackie no longer had long brown curly hair. Jackie since they purchased the boat, she had cut her hair shorter and had it bleach blonde and spiked, but she did used to have long, brown curly hair.
Speaker 2: I'm confused. Am I supposed to be getting something that I'm not kidding?
Speaker 1: You're not getting nothing until it's revealed. Trust me.
Speaker 2: Here, am I gonna be shocked?
Speaker 1: We'll find out, because right.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are. This might be a long episode because we're gonna do this in one. So sorry if this is a long episode guys, but we are not going to separate this too. You guys ain't gonna wait. You're gonna hear it all.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I want to. I'm not waiting for shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So none of this, like you said, none of this has makeing sense.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like utterly confused.
Speaker 1: Like, these two people just gave power of attorney over all their finances to someone they don't even know. Yeah, who's involved in drug trafficking and there's documentation and witnesses to prove it.
Speaker 2: And Jackie looks like she's the Jackie of the past.
Speaker 1: Yep, according to the who. So that's a lot to absorb there, It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Like I actually feel like, why the fuck do I not have a glass of wine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Skyler's saying that Jackie and Thomas basically went took off to Mexico to buy a house there. So if they did take off to miss Mexico, investigators still need to find them. They need to confirm what Skyler claims. They need to make sure that the couple that the Hawks are Okay, So they put out a national video with Thomas's son Ryan, asking for the public's help to find his parents, and they gave him description of the missing suv as well along with it.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, they were going to Arizona, not Mexico. So okay, I'm just confused.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where they were going to move back to see family, Yes, Arizona, okay, And they're currently in California when they went missing. So literally like that, that's not even anywhere near Arizona. Like Mexico's Mexico, Arizona's Arizona.
Speaker 2: Like but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they put out the public broadcast. They got a hit. Someone had found the missing suv.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: A US citizen called in and said that they were in Mexico and they were standing in front of and looking directly at the missing suv that was just on TV. It was found.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The suv was parked outside of a residence and the homeowner said that Skyler Delion was an old surfing buddy and gave him the vehicle. Then his wife, Jennifer stopped by in another vehicle and they drove home and inside the car they found Skyler's DNA from a swab on Jackie Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Oh, am I getting names mixed up? Now?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Am I getting names mixed up? Now? Why did you do this to me?
Speaker 2: Well? Now I'm just like what Skyler.
Speaker 1: And it's Thomas and Jackie are the hawks?
Speaker 2: Okay? Sorry I am confused.
Speaker 1: Then okay, and yeah, Skyler and Jennifer are the purchasers.
Speaker 2: Okay, So okay, I'm I'm confused. You need to explain this. Skyler dropped off the suv, yes.
Speaker 1: And gave it to an old surfing buddy in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Why did Skyler have the suv? Though?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I do, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I'm confused. I was expecting it to be Thomas and Jackie that had the SUV. So sorry, I was like, didn't I pretty much just making up the story in my head. And that's wrong.
Speaker 1: It's wrong Skyler and Jennifer were in possession of Thomas and Jackie's suv. Thomas and Jackie are the ones that are.
Speaker 2: Missing, okay. And did Jennifer say anything about them giving this suv to someone? No, Okay, Skyler, that's already fucked up from what they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of fucked up stuff going on. A lot of stuff does not make sense.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because yeah, okay, this is yeah, you have I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go down.
Speaker 1: Good. That's kind of the point.
Speaker 2: That is probably the point, yes, of this podcast.
Speaker 1: So clearly something's wrong doesn't make sense, as your kerfuffle shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, sorry, people, I'm okay. Maybe everyone else is having trouble keeping up because this is wild.
Speaker 1: It is wild, but whatever's going wrong, Like investigators are just baffled and they're just trying to find evidence. They're just trying to figure out what the fuck is happening.
Speaker 2: Well, they're doing a good job looking through everything.
Speaker 1: I like that they did and to start with, to try and dig deeper, what they did was they arrested Skyler for money laundering because I've already confessed confessed to that drug money. Well, yeah, and now they could actually get a warrant to search the apartment that the garage.
Speaker 2: The garage apartment. Oh okay, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: So inside their apartment, suite or whatever. In the garage they found a lot of personal effects belonging to the Hawks, like cameras, laptops, and even identification from their wallets. Jackie's identification was an older photo on her driver's license where she still had her long, brown, curly hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that doesn't make sense of why the notary would be describing it wrong, does it not?
Speaker 1: If the notary wasn't actually there, but she was describing them based off their ideas.
Speaker 2: That she saw off the identification.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Interesting, But the notary needed to have been there in person.
Speaker 1: Problem legally yes? Oh shit, so now it's like someone else.
Speaker 2: They're fucked I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know how to like go on talking about this without giving too much stuff. Every thought up, Oh they done did fucked up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't like them.
Speaker 1: No, So even though they still don't have a story, this does show involvement. But even still, could it be just Skyler? What about Jennifer? Was she an accomplice in something whatever that's happening here?
Speaker 2: Yes she is.
Speaker 1: Well, they do have video surveillance at a bank that shows both Skyler and Jennifer trying to withdraw money from the Hawk's bank account. What the frig said, power of attorney paperwork showing that she was just as involved. She's got a big shit eating grin on her face the whole time she's in.
Speaker 2: That bank is involved.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, though the transaction actually was declined, the bank manager knew the Hawks good and though they had legitimate paperwork, They're like, we need to verify this before we can make any sort of transaction, which is good.
Speaker 2: But technically that bank manager could have just giving it out.
Speaker 1: Eh, technically I think yeah, yeah, signature's fingerprints everything, they're there.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So they wanted to validate it first, and that stopped them from getting the money.
Speaker 2: Because one hundred percent I think Jennifer is involved because she went initially mm hmm, and she dang well knew that they had not half a million dollars for this boat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and she's trying to withdraw a half a million dollars from their account.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: So again, investigators keep digging into anything they could, and eventually they had someone recommend something. One of the investigators was just at a loss and he was talking to a boating buddy, and he said, he's like, you know, boating. He's like, we're trying to figure out if there was a murder on board this ship, this yacht, if there was a murder or something amiss, what's something that I should look for, you know, boating tell me sort of thing, right, okay, And the guy said, without even skipping a beat, immediately look for a missing anchor.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, oh, that's good.
Speaker 1: Actually, So they go back and in all of the photos of the Well Deserved on the front bow of the boat, there are two anchors. There are one for each side of the front of the boat. Okay, they go to the ad in the magazine, all the home videos footage that they took, there's two anchors. They go back to the boat, there's one anchor on.
Speaker 2: The NOA, No, okay, I'm sure they can lie through that though.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it doesn't really mean a.
Speaker 2: Lot necessarily potentially falling off. It could.
Speaker 1: It's all circumstantial evidence. Yeah, there's nothing that really ties all this together because I mean even the stuff in their apartment. Yeah, we bought the boat. It was stuff they left behind.
Speaker 2: Prove it, prove it, prove it it's not And why wouldn't they use two anchors, one for each body. They're just going to tie the garbage banks to one anchor.
Speaker 1: Who knows. So they literally don't have smoking gun though there's no bodies, there's no blood, there's no murder weapons, there's nothing. It's just people are missing. You have some of their possessions and.
Speaker 2: That's it, and they just probably have a gut feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and legal documentation that they now.
Speaker 2: Have power over their money, which is why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, investigators began looking for confession. It's the only way that they're going to get anything out of this. It's there at a brick wall a dead end. Confession is the only way anything's going.
Speaker 2: To happen, because trying to find the bodies too would just be like in the ocean, would be like a needle and a paystick. Oh harder than that, yeah, worse.
Speaker 1: Everyone that they could. They tried to interrogate, tried to question, and everyone held their story. Skyler, Jennifer, the notary, everyone held the same story. Nope, this is what happened. They purchased it in cash. They have the power of attorney.
Speaker 2: Don't know where they are, which is impressive.
Speaker 1: Until one person was brought in for questioning the attorney.
Speaker 2: The attorney, oh, the accountant, the accountants.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, there were two men on board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah you are Tim Hank, Mary Sue.
Speaker 1: Oh I damn it.
Speaker 2: Oh you got far too excited there.
Speaker 1: I did push buttons on a tablet. Where am I? Now?
Speaker 2: So the one of the two men that were joining Skyler?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but the question is like, who are they right? Well, yeah, there's no evidence pointing and.
Speaker 2: One of them probably isn't even an accountant. Well yeah, exactly, Yeah that was a lie.
Speaker 1: So how they got hold of one of those two men? He was staring him in the face all along. One of those men was a witness on the power of attorney that was signed. That man was Alonso Shane a chain he signed his name on that document. The match to track him down and brought him in for questioning, and Alonso decided he was gonna do the right thing, and he told investigators everything. Oh he spilled the proverbial beans.
Speaker 2: Wow, that easy? Eh?
Speaker 1: That easy? Well, I mean there was a little bit more than that. Initially, It basically it breaks down to he tried to run to Mexico. He did escape into Mexico, and then investigators I got a hold of them and they were like, you know, like if you talk to us and you confess whatever, blah blah, will reduce your sentencing. And then anyways, he did come in for questioning. He decided to do the right thing. So it's a little bit more complicated than that. But it's like, well, I just sa necessary.
Speaker 2: He's the motherfucker that needed the toms, you think, So, yeah, he probably had an upset stomach ache from all this shit.
Speaker 1: Well I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you now. They never ended up using any of that stuff that was purchased, and it was actually Jennifer's dad who purchased those things. So I'm pretty sure it's kind of that was kind of a dead end.
Speaker 2: That's not very fun.
Speaker 1: They learned that, Okay, that stuff was purchased by Jennifer's dad. They have security footage of it at a hardware store or whatever store. But why was that receipt on board?
Speaker 2: Well, why did Jennifer's dad purchase those things? Was he murdering someone?
Speaker 1: Well, they just like, oh, it's just a shopping list.
Speaker 2: There's so that.
Speaker 1: That's kind of the end of that. There's no more information on that. It's just a shopping list.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you never come home with that kind of shopping list because then I feel like I'm fucked.
Speaker 1: No kidding, but yeah, clearly I think there was intent there, but I think plans changed, and this is what actually did happen. This is what the plan was. The plan was to set out an open water with Alonso and another man who was the accountant and I shit you not. His name is John f Kennedy. John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Okay, he was a big guy and he was a notorious gang member.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so scary.
Speaker 1: So these two men and Skyler went on board and hit the open water. The plan is going to be that John or JFK I'm going to call him. JFK is going to fake see sickness when they're on the open water, and he's going to head down to one of the lower decks on the boat. Now, once below, he's going to wait for Thomas to follow and check on him.
Speaker 2: Oh, because Thomas is a nice guy exactly, So that's what he did.
Speaker 1: He's down below and he waited.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Sure enough, not long after, Thomas followed down to check on him and see if he's okay, and right behind him followed Skyler. Peke Skyler and JFK jumped Thomas and tackled him to the ground and using a taser, subdued him. Now that leaves I don't like that. Alonzo and Jackie Deck. Jackie heard the commotion down below. Shit, and that commotion was the sign for a Lonzo to take control of her using a taser as well. Wow, so now he subdued her and handcuffed her.
Speaker 2: See, I hate this, and they're freaking the middle of the goddamn ocean. This is why I'm not ever going in the ocean.
Speaker 1: This is why this is the reason specifically, So I don't get tased in handcuffed.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and then you you're fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you ever go in the ocean, you're gonna get You're you're gonna get jumped by JFK. That's your fear. That is a fear and a half JFK specifically.
Speaker 2: Holy, Okay, So this okay. So they're both basically like subdued and tasered yep.
Speaker 1: And Jackie's handcuffed and she's handcuffed. I'm assuming too something because a Lonzo is ordered by Skyler to go to the engine room and get duct tape, and from there they duct tape both of them. They bind them. They're buying their hands and their legs enough that they can just walk a little bit, but they're duct tape up tight, including across their eyes and mouth.
Speaker 2: I just hate that visual.
Speaker 1: So once they were bound, they were placed on the bed and then Skyler went to the GPS on board the boat and put in coordinates for the deepest part of the nearby ocean at Catalina Island. Of course, then the Hawks were one at a time, led to the kitchen and were forced to sign the power of attorney they were told if they did, they would get to live, and if they didn't, they would be killed right then and there.
Speaker 2: Oh guaranteed you'd get killed either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So both Jackie and Thomas signed the power of attorney.
Speaker 2: Yep, I mean you have to, really, what else would you do?
Speaker 1: One really cool thing. I'm gonna say here. Jackie is our badass of the day for this is she What did she do while signing the power of attorney? I said, everything on its legit right, Yeah, fingerprints did something?
Speaker 2: What did she do?
Speaker 1: Not? Everything was legit?
Speaker 2: What did she do?
Speaker 1: Their last name is hawks h A W K S. Okay, she didn't sign her full name. She signed Jackie Hawk, signaling something wasn't right. So investigators, handwriting experts all that could see that the S was forged. So they believe Jackie was trying to signal someone that this is a whole fucked up situation.
Speaker 2: Seriously, But then these people added the S after they did Really, yep, that's interesting, okay, I do I find that actually interesting that they would have noticed that I do too and added it like I actually almost like wow. So huh.
Speaker 1: Once they arrived at the destination that was put into the GPS the deepest sea, Thomas and Jackie were led to the deck of the boat, still bound with duct tape no where. Skyler dragged the chain from the anchor across the deck of their beloved Well Deserved and began to secure both of them to the chain with rope.
Speaker 2: Shit, did he at least kill them first? I don't know what would be better.
Speaker 1: The entire time Jackie was begging, saying, please, well, kill us, I want to see my grandson one more time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you guys are fucking assholes.
Speaker 1: And the entire time Thomas was just trying to calm her down, keep her crying.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and.
Speaker 1: Thomas reassured her. And this is a quote from Alonso. He said that Thomas was telling her this at least will be together.
Speaker 2: Oh no, like ouch, oh my freaking heart, it just hurts.
Speaker 1: So then it hurts. Skuyler, without even any remorse, threw the anchor overboard, the chain quickly dragging across the deck as it sank, and Thomas and Jackie hawk waited their last moments above water as they heard the frantic clanking of the chain rushing off the deck before it finally grabbed their bounds. And slung them off the boat into the cold water. There thirty six hundred feet down to the bottom of the ocean, Thomas and Jackie Hawk met their grave and to this day their bodies have never been recovered.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was just like, that's some Titanic shit right there. Yeah, that's freaking sad. They didn't kill them first.
Speaker 1: It didn't kill them first, they just thw And a little morbid fact about drowning for.
Speaker 2: You, Oh, I really really really don't know if.
Speaker 1: I want to know, can take up to ten minutes before a person is clinically clinically dead. The average person can hold their breath for about thirty seconds after the body's reflexes kicks in. It tries to breathe, and you inhale water and can remain conscious inhaling, gasping, choking, Your throat closes off to try and keep water out for up to two minutes before you pass out.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks for that shit.
Speaker 1: Welcome. It's not a true crime podcast if I don't put in the facts like that brutal.
Speaker 2: So you're like struggling for a long fucking time.
Speaker 1: And imagine being like in that situation where you're frantic and like Jackie's bawling. Imagine trying to hold your breath while your anxiety is that high and your.
Speaker 2: Ball Oh and you probably have like ten seconds.
Speaker 1: I doubt she even could have held a breath at all.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, well, what was the point of all this? Like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Well? Skyler, Alonzo and JFK and Jennifer were all arrested and they were put on trial. While in jail, Skyler, as it turns out, was a suspect for a previous murder in Mexico and was being investigated for a third murder where a man by the name of John Jarviy died and had his throat cut. While in prison, Skyler actually revealed that a gender reassignment surgery was a high on their priority list for him. That was the motive money for a reassignment. Skyler had a surgery booked for two weeks after the disappearance of the Hawks and would have cost seventeen thousand dollars, but they didn't have the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean? I'm confused? Like he wanted to change his gender so that he could get away with the crimes.
Speaker 1: No, Schylar used to go by he and I didn't tell you about this because I didn't want to. It would have messed up the story, the confusion. Yes, and it's the motive I wouldn't want to tell you that. So Skyler actually doesn't go by he. Skyler is now she. Skyler is she. So we are going to refer to Skyler as she from here on out. Okay. I did know that the whole time through, and I tried to do my best to say he, but and I don't want to. I just want to point this out. I'm not going to refer to Skyler as she to respect Skyler, Fuck Skyler. I'm going to refer to Skyler as she to respect the people out there who are struggling with transgender and to support them, just saying.
Speaker 2: So she's with Jennifer and Jennifer was pregnant, right, yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: So while in prison, Skyler was actually so desperate that she tried to cut off her own manhood that I'm sure it would feel pretty bad, especially when it was with a razor blade.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 1: Oh so this is an angering part. Actually, because of this, taxpayers have now actually paid for the surgery. Skyler has now gone through the transition through taxpayers money while in jail because of this and because of like the mental health issues and their current state. So that kind of fucking pisses me off because there's people who like deserve it or earn it, where Skylar fucking.
Speaker 2: Just got it handed.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to go through this pretty quick. We're almost there, I know.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, like, oh, really quickly? So like they just saw these these people's ads ad and it probably was like they have money, and so they just like plan this whole thing out, yep.
Speaker 1: So they can get money, set out of debt, maybe have a boat they could live on, get out of the garage, and Skyler could get it get the surgery gender assignments.
Speaker 2: That is some wild motives.
Speaker 1: Okay, one little tidbit I didn't actually say, Actually I wasn't going to, but I'm going to now just to show how heartless Skyler was. On the way back from throwing Thomas and Jackie overboard, he was throwing their personal effects overboard anything he didn't want to keep, she didn't want to keep, sorry, and decided that it was a great time to fish on the way back.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, just sounds like a monster, Like an actual monster. Yes, that's so disgusting.
Speaker 1: So November seventeenth, two thousand and six, Jennifer was found guilty on two accounts of first degree murder and was sentenced to two life terms without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Good fuck yeah, still in jail.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping without possibility of parole some yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Without Oh yeah, see right away, I just assumed we're gonna be album like five ten years.
Speaker 1: February nineteenth, two thousand and nine, John Fitzgerald Kennedy aka JFK was found guilty on two accounts of first degree murder and on May one nine, was sentenced to death. Oh you got the death penalty.
Speaker 2: They still have the death penalty down there, I guess. So interesting.
Speaker 1: Alonzo mc chain, who was the one who told the whole story okay and was promised, you know, a reduced sentence.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, they probably had some sort.
Speaker 1: Of deal, yep, was given said lesser sentence for his cooperation and was and he pleaded guilty to two accounts of voluntary manslaughter, kidnapping, and robbery. On June fifteenth, two thousand and nine. He was sentenced to twenty years and four months. His first eligible for parole is September of twenty twenty one, so not very far away.
Speaker 2: So this could be in the news soon really yeap.
Speaker 1: On October twentieth, two thousand and eight, Skuylar Delhion was convicted of three accounts of first degree murder because remember there was that third oh that on trial four?
Speaker 2: Right? Like who else died? But yeah, I remember, with.
Speaker 1: Special circumstance, dances of financial gain and multiple victims. I'm gonna read that sentence again because I totally boy, I got it. So Skyler jell yone was convicted of three accounts of first degree murder with special circumstances for financial gain and multiple victims, and on November sixth, two thousand and eight, the jury rendered a verdict. Skyler was found guilty and sentenced to death.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was like, if that other guy was sentenced, this one has to be. She does. Wow. Okay, so are they dead? I wonder?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't look that up. Shit, I should look that up right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go on my phone here because it's faster than my tablet. Okay, let's see. Let's give it a.
Speaker 2: Quick Google because lots of times, even with like who just died again?
Speaker 1: Oh that's something I should have talked about the beginning, Yeah, Rodney, right, Rodney Alcala.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like honestly should have already had been executed, yeah, like law ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the fact that they just got to just die like natural or whatever causes is like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: So Skyler je Leone is still alive and is now at the age of forty.
Speaker 2: One, of course, why the hell is she not executed yet? Yeah, I don't know, Like it takes a long time. Ehe there must be like so many processes you have to go through or something for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little ridiculous because, like you say, Rodney Alcala was on death row for how many years? Die natural causes? I mean, he should have been killed. He should have been gone from this world at least he's gone now. But now there's no like retribution for that family, you know, and who knows the same sort of thing could happen to Skyler. She could sit on death row for who knows how many years and die of natural cause.
Speaker 2: Which is sad because like those lovely people had children, Yeah, you know, like they left behind like oh, gosh, like, go spend time with their grandkid and that's just brutal.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. These people are trash scrawls. You trash, Jennifer, you trash. Alonso not as much a trash, but you still trash, still trash, and JFK you trash, trash all of them. You're nasty, You nasty, all right? That I think that's officially our longest episode you've ever done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was interesting. I mean, like I needed to know, I had like we had to.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of information. It was a big old spider web and tangle mess yep of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I honestly just don't feel that great about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's people like this make me sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's freaking sad. God, I don't think I'm going to sell my car in the newspaper. That shit's just getting traded in the dealership.
Speaker 1: If you do sell it in the driveway, you know, to privately or whatever like that, maybe just have a baseball bat at your side something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all my wolf husky rim beside me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was she going to do? Pet me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pet me? Love me?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thanks for sticking around for over an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was good and I.
Speaker 1: Hope you enjoyed the episode, Babe, I hope you guys enjoyed the episode.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening everyone, man, stay wicked.