Speaker 1: An American is in a shop in Frankfurt and would like to buy stamps brief marking stamps and Americana is an anamnger cheft in Frankfurt on mister brief mark and caffinzu.
Speaker 2: In schruligen zie Hamsey brief marking nine leira nicht? Is this stronacht vochanie Holden of brief marking.
Speaker 3: Kaufin sinzi din kiosk totrumen, Yeah, DoD conzi holden not brief mark and kaufen.
Speaker 4: Fie and dunk bitter hen rein maltsou.
Speaker 2: And truligen zie Hamsey brief marking nine Leira nicht? Is this stronacht vucani holden of brief mark and kaufin.
Speaker 3: Sinsi din kiosk dodrumen, Yeah, dot conzie holden of brief mark and kaufn.
Speaker 2: Fie and dunk bitter.
Speaker 1: Suppose you're looking for the post office, how would you ask your passer by excuse me, where is the next post office? Please?
Speaker 2: And truligen ze what is the next to post bitter and truly can see what we see next the post bitter.
Speaker 4: Vi ant di frau.
Speaker 1: You're looking for a post.
Speaker 5: Office, seizurn in a post sizur in a.
Speaker 1: Post There is one, say escaped.
Speaker 5: Escipped ana.
Speaker 1: There is one not far from here.
Speaker 3: Escipped ironished fight from here, escipped ironished fight from here?
Speaker 1: Do you see the street over there?
Speaker 5: Sinzi dishtrasa dot rum sinzi distrasa dot.
Speaker 6: Rum from the which street strassa the street over there on the left.
Speaker 5: Dishtrasa door trumlynks, dishtrasa door trumlynks.
Speaker 1: That's post Office Street?
Speaker 5: Does this depost trasa.
Speaker 7: Deposttrasa the post office depost?
Speaker 1: The post office is on post Office Street. Remember you say in the not.
Speaker 3: On depost us in their postrasa depost us in their postrasa.
Speaker 1: On post office square? Say am for on.
Speaker 5: Um post plots m M post plots.
Speaker 1: You're not sure you understood? What would you say?
Speaker 2: Fe bitter?
Speaker 1: She says? The address is with junzi.
Speaker 5: The addressaist. The addresses ist.
Speaker 1: The address is Post Office Square number two.
Speaker 5: The address is post plots. Now, what's fy.
Speaker 4: Frazie wordy postco effinit ist?
Speaker 2: Is we field? Where is your postco effent this weefield?
Speaker 8: Wor is we field? Where is your postco ef net until biz until six pm. Use official time Bizarten say thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: Philin dunk.
Speaker 1: Now suppose you're talking with an acquaintance saying I still have to go to the post office.
Speaker 2: Ishmus not topostcian, ishmus not Topostcian.
Speaker 1: My wife writes a lot of letters with de Ruenzi writes shriped.
Speaker 2: Schreped. My wife writes a lot of letters Briefer and a frau schrapped Philipriefer and a frau schrapped Philipriefer.
Speaker 1: Always Imma, she always writes a lot of letters.
Speaker 2: S schrepped Imma Philippriefer see schripped Imma Philippriefer.
Speaker 4: Irbicanda fract and.
Speaker 1: You do you write a lot.
Speaker 5: On C SHREMSI feel on C schremsy feel.
Speaker 1: And what the no I don't write much?
Speaker 2: Nine is schreberaniste feel. Nine is schreberaniste feel.
Speaker 1: Not always only sometimes.
Speaker 2: Umn schmarl.
Speaker 1: Our children.
Speaker 2: Winzeikinda.
Speaker 1: Our children are not at home onsikin does wins of the kind? Does they don't live at home anymore?
Speaker 2: See wisachmann not anymore or not any longer.
Speaker 1: My wife writes a lot of letters to Germany.
Speaker 2: Mine frau schrap Philip brief and of Deutschland mine frau schrap Philip brief and of Deutschland.
Speaker 1: Irbe kandiv fract. Where in Germany are your children use den.
Speaker 3: Vuen deutsche Land send iraqin naden Vuen deutsche Land send iraqin naden.
Speaker 1: And zi they're both in Munich.
Speaker 2: Seistant biden Munschen seisant biden Munschen.
Speaker 1: Our son.
Speaker 2: Undazone our son is studying medicine. Un the zone should be admitted scene. Un the zone should be admitted scene.
Speaker 9: And our daughter worksta about it, retorta about it.
Speaker 1: She has been working already for four years. Say she works.
Speaker 2: See abe de trons at fiajar se trons at fiayar.
Speaker 1: Your acquaintance asks irebicanti fragged where does she work? Add den to make the question less abrupt.
Speaker 5: For abbatizi den.
Speaker 1: At siemens.
Speaker 2: By ziemens.
Speaker 4: Frangzi.
Speaker 1: Since when has she been working at siemens use sean meaning already.
Speaker 3: Side van aba di zishan by ziemens side van aba did sishon by ziemens.
Speaker 4: Sangzi. Decision that's rajarandt arbe did.
Speaker 2: See arbe. That's wyndt see Arbadi chansat swayarandot.
Speaker 1: Before she worked at bosh.
Speaker 2: Foeharhatzi by Boshka arbited. Foehahtzi by Boshka Arbited.
Speaker 1: Say that your children both live in Munich.
Speaker 2: Manikinda vun bide in Munchin, Manikinda vun bide in Munchin.
Speaker 1: They are both in Munich.
Speaker 5: Isn't biden in Munchin? Isn't biden and Munchin.
Speaker 1: Yes, my wife writes a lot of letters to Munich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mana frasharp, Philip Rifna Munchen, Yeah, mana fra sharp Philip Rifna Munchen.
Speaker 4: Visact arabicante that I can imagine.
Speaker 5: Does Conni mu fosh den does connim fosh then.
Speaker 1: Frogncy And what are your children doing?
Speaker 2: W TWA's man Irikinda TWA's man irikinda.
Speaker 4: Visact arabicante.
Speaker 1: My my daughter is studying, meaning she's a student at a university.
Speaker 5: Mane tortstudad, mane torts toudad.
Speaker 1: Say, my daughter is already studying.
Speaker 5: Mane tortas rudiechon.
Speaker 1: And my son still goes to school.
Speaker 5: Od manzonidl manzon gid no schul.
Speaker 1: My daughter goes to the university in Berlin. Watch the word order.
Speaker 3: Mine torta get in Berlin, so only visited. Mine torta get in Berlin, so only visited.
Speaker 1: She still has four years.
Speaker 5: She had no fear jarre, she had no fear yare.
Speaker 1: And afterwards she would like to stay in Berlin.
Speaker 5: Unt na remus to see in Berlin. BlimE unt naremusts in Berlin.
Speaker 4: BlimE fragen.
Speaker 1: She likes it in Berlin.
Speaker 2: Escaffeldia in Berlin. Escaffeldia in Berlin.
Speaker 1: Yes very much. Yeah, Theiah, she likes it very much.
Speaker 5: There escapade ya there, Dodd, escapade ya there, Dodd.
Speaker 1: But my son would not like to live in Berlin.
Speaker 3: Aberminzoon muchtenichte in Berlin. Varnon abermin zoon muchteniche in Berlin varnin.
Speaker 1: He prefers not to live in Berlin.
Speaker 3: Ier wontly vanished in Berlin, E won'tly vanished in Berlinzagen.
Speaker 1: My daughter would like to stay in Berlin.
Speaker 3: Mynt demt in Berlin, Blam, myntormt in Berlin, Blam.
Speaker 1: She writes me often say to me.
Speaker 5: This riped me off, the raped me off.
Speaker 1: And she also telephones often with me.
Speaker 5: On telefunt or off midmir wonce tilifuni or off midmir.
Speaker 4: Phragnsi.
Speaker 1: And you visit her often in Berlin, right.
Speaker 2: Oft in Berlin, char.
Speaker 5: Yes, of course, yeah, Natulis.
Speaker 1: Now suppose you're in the hotel lobby and you want to ask the receptionist if you could make a telephone call. How would you ask? Can I telephone? Here?
Speaker 2: Can you hear telephone?
Speaker 1: Here's how to ask, politely? Could I make a telephone call?
Speaker 4: We don't warn?
Speaker 2: The count is telophon? Them counter counter counter ish counter is TELOPHONM.
Speaker 1: Thez that man I could.
Speaker 2: Is count.
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 1: The I can? I could? I?
Speaker 2: Can I count? I? Can I count?
Speaker 1: You can? You could.
Speaker 5: The cunnon the cuntin the cunon the cuntain.
Speaker 1: Fragenzie, could I make a call here?
Speaker 2: Couldn't he hear telophonem? Couldn't he hear telephone?
Speaker 1: The receptionist says, yes, of course.
Speaker 5: Jannatulich say I.
Speaker 1: Need a taxi?
Speaker 2: Is porn taxi?
Speaker 1: She says, just a moment, Remember just is understood? I momentagen just a little moment.
Speaker 5: An inclining moment an inclining moment, I can give you a telephone number. It can in in and a telephoneo game. It can in in and a telephono game.
Speaker 1: She then gives you the number of a taxi service, and you call a taxi. When it arrives, she says to you, excuse me, your taxi is.
Speaker 3: Here, insruting the your taxi is tier, intruding the your taxi is tier.
Speaker 1: Now suppose, while traveling in Germany, your spouse suddenly falls ill. You go to the hotel receptionist and tell her that you need a doctor.
Speaker 2: And at ast ast and an ast an ast.
Speaker 4: Wizaktmann doctor ast dear asked, dear.
Speaker 1: Ast zangxi, I need a doctor, is.
Speaker 2: An asked, I'm an aust is an arsked.
Speaker 1: She asks, you need a doctor.
Speaker 5: An ast an ast.
Speaker 1: Zagzi, Yes, my wife needs a doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, manast yeah, manast.
Speaker 1: The receptionist gives you the name of a doctor on call and says, here is his telephone number.
Speaker 5: He is sane a telephunoma.
Speaker 1: You reached the doctor, and with the help of the receptionist, you set up an appointment. You then say to her, thank you very much. Donkasia When the doctor comes to see your wife, he has a few questions. How does he ask, what did your wife do to day?
Speaker 4: Bass thatt ire frad de gemart.
Speaker 1: Answer nothing, she did nothing to.
Speaker 2: Day neichts sertro denchtzgemacht.
Speaker 1: He asks what did she eat to day?
Speaker 4: W's hatze hoyte gegessen.
Speaker 1: Did she eat anything to day?
Speaker 4: Hatze holte atwaskagesen.
Speaker 1: Answer no, not much.
Speaker 2: Nine nisteir.
Speaker 1: She didn't eat much to day.
Speaker 2: See had Honiessen.
Speaker 1: After he examines your wife, the doctor writes out a prescription. How does he say that's for your wife? Thus is fear of frau. Listen to what he says next.
Speaker 10: Deneesta Apoutike is in Bauchstrasse. The apotika is the pharmacy in German. He then says, berg Street is not far from here, di Berkstrasse. Di Berkstrasse is snitched right from here. Goodbye, Alfidazin, goodbye and thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Alfida Zindankazia.
Speaker 1: This is the end of Unit eighteen.