Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection. We have a Champagne Cane here with us and she is with Try County Tech. And we've got lots of good news, don't we now, always always. First of all, we've got a little scholarship thing that took place a little bit ago. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, We recently received the Charlie and Julie Daniels scholarship commitment from them. You know, they're big supporters of education and so this will go towards tuition for students.
Speaker 1: Very very nice when you hat a like a little get together, didn't you.
Speaker 2: We have events all the time out there yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so great. Also, we've got another event coming out. We're getting into the swing of things. Tell us a little bit about the golf tournament.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there, good y'all. Yeah, Our annual golf tournament is coming up October second, and that's on a Thursday this year out at Hillcrest Country Club again, so we're looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Now, how do we get involved with this?
Speaker 2: So you can go to Try County TechEd slash Golf to learn more about the tournament and to register for either a sponsorship or register a team. We're also accepting teams.
Speaker 1: What's the date again?
Speaker 2: October second? Thursday, October second.
Speaker 1: Nice and cool by that, that's what we'll love. It'll be lovely out there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit about this. It goes to the foundation, right, All.
Speaker 2: The proceeds benefit the Tri County Tech Foundation and goes towards tuition, emergency eight and food assistance. And this will be our third year. Last year we raised close to thirty five thousand. I think it was thirty four thy five hundred, So this is our biggest fundraiser and so yeah, we're looking forward to doing it again this year, and of course accepting sponsors and teams.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. So if you've got a business or service, or if you just want to just do something very kind and now the goodness of your heart, you can be a sponsor, the whole sponsor, whatever kind of sponsorship you need. I imagine we can find that on the website, can we not.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's Try County Tech EEDU slash golf and I always say that golfing is done, but when you do it for a good cause, it's even more fun.
Speaker 1: Now try County Tech is a great school. I can vouch for this. My youngest just graduated this spring wengratulationship and she said that was just the ball. She didn't really know. I went to expect it, but she kind of bragged a little bit. Because I only go to school for a half day, then I go try County Tech for the other half. It's really cool. I get to hang out with the cool kids.
Speaker 2: We hear that all the time. I think we treat our students like adults, and they really love that about Career Tech.
Speaker 1: That's what she said. You're treated a much different and you feel like you're coming into your profession, You're coming into your calling when you take the classes out there.
Speaker 2: That's right. And we've had a few sponsors already stuff up for our tournaments, so I want to let's do that, make sure and mention them. I know that Trudy Credit Union is one our best wealth management conco Phillips and blue Peak Fiber Internet, so nice want to give them a shout out, but let you know that we're still looking for sponsors.
Speaker 1: Now. Your foundation does a lot of great work. You even have some endowments that have been really working well, not only up for the students, but for the school.
Speaker 2: Correct. So the endowments are similar to the one that I mentioned earlier for the Charlie and Juley Daniels Scholarship. But what we do is take the money that they give us and put it in an endowment fund and then we just draw interest off of that annually and use those for scholarships, so that money will live in perpetuity. It will go on forever, long after I'm here, and as long as the school's around and still providing education. Your money will be used for scholarships. So it's a really great way for us to invest our donor dollars.
Speaker 1: One thing I love about Drake County Tech is the adaptability, whether it's pairing up the right classes for the right students or the right students for the right classes, and changing with the times. And one thing that's rock solid is that it's a rare if anybody carrying a debt out of graduation.
Speaker 2: That's what the foundation is for, is to try and provide an opportunity for any student to succeed and to leave debt free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't happen in too many places in this world anymore.
Speaker 2: No, it sure doesn't. And I also want to mention you mentioned the right students for the right program and the right program for the right students. But we also work with businesses for customized training, so that that does make us very adaptable. We're always talking to business and industry to see what they need from us and to make sure that our students are prepared or even their employees are trained, maybe even on the job.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know, it's matchmaking and its finest when it comes to careers and potential employees. And these students to get a kick out of this because one their interest and they're they're following their interests, they're following what they call their calling, and then they're matched up pretty darn well with what's going on around And we've got so many new employers coming into town. To imagine you're already had a few conversations.
Speaker 2: We're meeting with everybody that comes to town to see how we can serve them missed and same with our students. I think that's why they're successful, is because they're working in their strengths and following their passions.
Speaker 1: Now, the golf tournament coming up into October, it's going to be a lot of fun it's the third and I remember when we did the first. Yes, it's like, oh, we're gonna have fun. We're going to do this when by value it was a success, that's right, and then even more success. And this third time, I just imagine you're going to hit it out of the park. It's become a thing.
Speaker 2: Now. Yes, I'm trying to think real quickly of a golf analogy instead of a baseball analogy. But yes, I'm hoping that it's going to be very successful, and I expect that it will be. We always have a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And how many people do you slide?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you accept twenty two teams? Which would be eighty eight people right, because it's a four person scramble.
Speaker 1: Those are fun. Yeah, those are really fun because not only for the foundation, but for the people who participate, because they just have a ball out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we love that it's at the club. It's just you know, we don't have any gimmick holes or any you know, buy ins. Everything is included and whenever you register, so you get a whole sign and all your mulligans and you just come out and have a really good time and play really good golf.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Makes us unique?
Speaker 1: It does, it does, and of course it goes to the foundation. Now, the school's been around for a while, started out basically with nursing, and then it started expanding and expanding and expanding and expanding, and I see that growth to continue in the years to come. Well, one thing that folks will often see when they go out there, they said, wow, that's a nice building. Then when you get inside, you're wondering, I'm just get so big. It looks bigger inside than it does outside. What you guys do with your space is incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're always trying to improve and stay ahead of technology and make sure that we have everything that our students need to Now, let's talk.
Speaker 1: To folks who might be thinking about making a let's say a year in contribution to the foundation. This works out well, You'll talk to anybody who gives you heads up that they might be interested, won't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm happy to offer appointments for tours or if you pop in and I'm there, I'm glad to walk you around and show you who we are and what we do. It's fun to see the programs in the classrooms because you really understand that it's hands on training. You know, it's not textbook learning. We're not virtual, we're hands on. You know, we're skilled trades. So yeah, come on out. I'd be happy to give you a tour. We accept donations year round, not just at the end, but yeah, anytime.
Speaker 1: Well, this is amazing Trent County Tech. Like we said, it's an award winning school on a lot of different levels. And one of the things is that you don't see a whole lot of turnover out there. You're going to see familiar faces because people have an entity just that just to be there a long time, because they're engaged not with the students, but also with the way that the school operates. Malcolm Balbridge Award is one that you guys kind of own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something that we were proud to receive. And you know, we love what we do.
Speaker 1: And you work handed in with the doctor, Tammy and everyone else out there, and just a great combination. And for parents out there, if your kids are thinking about Trike County Tech, just go ahead and drop that email or make that call. And also adults who are looking to maybe change careers or enhance what they're already doing. That's what you're there for is to help them help themselves.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's what we're there for. And we are finalizing enrollments for all of our high school students in our fall programs, so that might include some of our adult programs. We're going to have an orientation on the sixth, so you can choose a three o'clock or four o'clock time to come out and meet your instructor, meet your program. That's going to be for people who have already been accepted into the program because school starts on August seventh, believe it or not, out at Tri County Tech. So yeah, we're down, We're down to go time.
Speaker 1: Wow. That is awesome. And of course if you have what you see is maybe a need, they can get a hold of you at the foundation. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want to make a donation to the Foundation to support our students, you can reach out to me directly. My number is nine one eight three three one three three three three and just ask for a champagne. You can, like we said earlier, come by if you'd like a tour of the program and be happy to help you with that too.
Speaker 1: Okay, golf tournament once again October second, that's try and that's the Tri County Tech Foundation Golf Tournament. It's going to be at Hillcrest Country Club. And what's the what's the what's the tea off? What are we going to do to start?
Speaker 2: So registration will open at eleven for check in and warm up and lunch and the tea off at noon we have an afternoon shotgun start.
Speaker 1: That'd be great. Great wait to spend the.
Speaker 2: Afternoon, I think so, my god, great way to get some exercise.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you're helping out that quite a bit. And once again, the website for the folks who want to sign up or perhaps become a sponsor and learn more about.
Speaker 2: It, Try County tech dot edu, slash golf.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, Champagne, is there anything else we need to covered by Gully? It seems like we put in a lot there.
Speaker 2: We crammed it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, thanks for being with us today.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. Always my pleasure.