Speaker 1: Good morning y'all. Obviously things are I guess what how would we phrase this? A little cold this morning as evidenced by this device. Like I said, we're in day two of this device, hopefully day last, and we will discuss everything on your mind, completely and totally. All right, So it's kind of a stack show. And I gotta leave a little early because of taking the boss to a follow up doctor's appointment from yesterday morning, d Gram Morning, Alex. So the rundown is like this, one of the busiest been in show business if we can figure out technology. Ben Jacobs is going to be joining us at nine thirty from gimme sports Talk, Sport all points in between, and we'll discuss everything Miguel almeron silly season, maybe a little bit of his Leicester the Premier League, all things there, maybe some latelat and some odds on Edward and Atlanta United's place in the European stage, how Atlanta United is perceived when it comes to what they are when it comes to transfer windows and such, and so we'll talk to Ben coming up in and around nine thirty we'll catch up with him for about twenty minutes and then Bart Keeler is going to join us. The man yesterday, you know, he had to go into work because he had to spend in the entire part of last week involved in America's Martin all the glad handing that you do. It was that time of year for it, and so he had to actually go into work yesterday. And he's gonna hang out with us for about a half hour at ten to ten thirty and then we'll let you know what's going on with everything else on the day. Get you ready for everything, and get you prepped for your Tuesday. Across the board, we got champions like to get into all these kinds of things. So Morning will Morning dere morning Ropes. Yes had to take the dog, the routy man had to take him to the groomer. He was not a fan and especially in current conditions, when he was happy in his bed, you take him to the groomer. He ain't happy about it. So he is there currently now and so we'll see what happens with the routy Man in a couple of hours. But yeah, the boss yesterday had the appointment. And this is opening kickoff, I guess brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. And what you can do when you kick off your day at Kickoff Coffee and Kick Off Coffee. You start your day there, and then what you can do is you can buy the entire store. Buy the entire store owings you, but you can do it at fifteen percent discount. How do you do that, you may ask, Well, I'll tell you at checkout, use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. Dy in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games, youth initiatives. Very very cool stuff from my friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. So yesterday had to take the boss in to have the surgery, and that's the reason that we're I'm going to wrap up a little early today because we have to take her to look for the follow up and just so everybody knows and so everybody can be kept up to date. It wasn't just a plate that got inserted. Uh where was it plate? It wasn't just a plate that got inserted here. It ended up being worse than they initially had seen in the X rays. So it ended up being plate and screws. So plate and screws by the time they were done with the procedure, and the procedure took like two two and a half hours, so I spent a lot of time in off of a Wi Fi hotspot, catching up on emails and editing. So she had when we left the surgeon yesterday, she had big old cast on. She could still wiggle her fingers and things, and you know, with all of that, then they tell you all the things that you're supposed to do to help them out the day that they're not there. We had to go to multiple pharmacies to try and track down medication. So that was fun because you and the only saving grace there was that she had been so nova caned up in the shoulder that she couldn't feel anything. Will to answer your question. Three weeks ago we were at her mom's place for Christmas, and she is If you've ever met her, you will know that she is a very independent person. So what she wants to do is if there's something that needs to be cleaned, she'll clean it. She'll just go ahead and do it. She sees something that needs to be done, she'll do it. And I always remind her, hey, if you need help let me know. So we were taking Christmas decorations at her mom's house, at her at her childhood home, her last childhood home, and we were taking them up from the house up a hill into storage sheds at the top of the hill in the backyard. And most of the time it's pretty easy to do, but there had been some precipitation and there is access to the second that there were two sheds, one high in one higher. Access to the higher shed you had a ramp, and it was a ramp that was at about twenty degree angle and it didn't have steps attached. So when leaves fall on it and it gets wet, the wood gets naturally slippery. So it's dusk. She's taking stuff into the shed and as she's coming out of the shed, she slips on the ramp and falls on her wrist. So that's how she broke it. No snow here in office HD yet either, so that was how she broke it. Literally, as she's going down the ramp, she slides, she falls on it, and she falls on her wrist, so that was how it broke. Initially, they thought it was just a hairline fracture with no splintering or anything. Like that, and so they were thinking, you know, maybe eight weeks, but she needed to have sur to have it looked at. So yesterday when they had the surgery, the doctor actually the main doctor, literally pulls out his phone and he's got a picture of the x ray and he shows the x ray and he's like, Okay, well, this, this, this and this, this is what happened. This is what we thought. And so it's a plate and screws. So instead of it being just a hairline fracture and a plate inserted, so it ended up being a plate across instead of down to go up against the fracture. Instead of it being a plate, it's now a plate and screws. And so we go back today and then we go back in two weeks and then we see where things are. But my guess, well, and if she was she was gonna have to be in a cast either way. And so we figured, okay, go ahead and start the healing process up, go ahead, dive in and have surgery. And so she's got surgery, plate and screws instead of just cast and waiting and so this hopefully will get the healing started faster. With the boss and so yeah, so that's what that's how it happened. And so she came home yesterday and she had her elbow. Now, she had her arm in a sling, and so we had to monitor that and make sure that everything was okay. But yeah, we took a tour trying to find a pharmacy that could fulfill a prescription yesterday. So and so, Yeah, Emilio says he had a wrist fracture when he was eighteen. Cast all the way up the arm. Initially, that was what they did. They had the wrap from her first physician. It went all the way from here all the way up the elbow, and it was there, and then they kind of trimmed things down when they figured out what was wrong. So initially it was all the way up from fingers all the way up past the elbow, but then they trimmed it down and so it literally is like halfway up the arm and it's a radial fracture. No surgery did happen yesterday, So and surgery. No surgery for Amilia, but surgery for the boss yesterday. So cast goes from fingers halfway up the arm, as opposed to the initial thought where they went all the way covered up so it just tips all the way up to the elbow. So yeah, so thank you ropes, thank you will, and thank you for card, and thank you everybody for your thoughts on social media all day yesterday. But that's where we are with the boss. And so the boss is having to navigate her dominant arm being in a cast and trying to get dressed with one arm. So she's navigating that and it's kind of like, you know, wardrobe twister, and so's she wants to figure that out for herself. But I always say like, if you need help, I'm here. And so that's where we are. So we go back to the doctor today, probably wrapping up about ten forty five, and then go back to the doctor. They take the wrap off, put her in a cast for a couple of weeks, then go back in a other couple of weeks and sit there and go, Okay, healing's doing good. You're gonna have another couple of weeks in a cast. And I'm like, I won't tell me something I don't know because when I broke my leg in high school, it was four plus four, and so that was where we are. Badger says a wife had hip replacement surgery about two months ago, worried that she's gonna need the other one soon. Take good care of her. Oh yeah, no, that's that is thank you, badger. No, I certainly do. And it was literally checking on her every hour on the hour. She was kind of watching the college football game last night and so keeping an eye on that in addition to everything else. But she finally did find a position where she could elevate and actually did fall asleep and aspirint or sorry, advil actually did better than the prescription that she took twice yesterday, and then she took advil the mill of the night. So there we go. Will mom had similar two thousand and eight or nine ish. Get a call from the ant you know the you got an ant problem, aunt Joni's here, you know the one the relative is too big? Why is your mom in the hospital? My mom's not exactly Yeah, yeah, I can imagine how that call went. Will absolutely true. Yeah, it's like what tripped and fell down the stairs? Worst break surgery? Yikes, uh, tripped and dyech And that's and like I said, it was close to this one, but because literally it was a ramp that was wet, and so she's going down the ramp at dusk, can't see anything and she falls and breaks everything. Yet Tom, I was more. Tom was watching some of the CFP last night and wrist break surgery, but I did. I was more concerned about the weather more than anything else. I was concerned about the weather and the Boss, and so I really wasn't watching. So I didn't watch much of the game last night. But uh so that's where we are. Uh So the update on the Boss is open and then Kickoff brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. I need to figure out how to bring the QR code over and have it here in front of me to block me out. Was not No, I wasn't watching either. No, I did not see No, I was there with you. No, Tom, I was there with you. Didn't see any of it, not watching Kickoff Coffee Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Use the code soccer down here fifteen to check out. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvest at youth games youth initiatives from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Morning Dawn Star. Uh no, Michael, thank you Michael. By the way, Michael head lives about what a five iron from here from the studio space and so uh Michael had and his boss that they come by with their dogs and rowdy. The rowdyman yells at everybody, so tries to make sure that Patty is equally protected. Didn't watch much of it last night, Like I said, I was focused on the weather, and I was focused on the balls. And Tom. Tom didn't even hate watch it with a seven and the eight. Okay, the other promos. Once again, Olivi and York. You can get the first ever SDH jersey thanks to Friendsic Kaiser Permanente and in our friends at Beyond Girls Entering and thanks to Scott Flood and the Flood Project for helping us design that it is out. You can go to Olivi and York. They make it all special for you. They personalize it. If you want navy jersey, you can either have white letters and numerals with personalization or a light blue so and navy and white are so white on Navy or light blue on Navy. Take your pick and you can pick up the first ever jersey. Thanks to Forfendsic Kaiser Permanente at Olivi and York. You can also get all the SDH gear at soccerdown here dot net, the redesigned website. Jason did a bang up job on that, far more advanced than those kinds of things than I am, and it will be taking a peek at all of the gear, all of the stories. You can go to the website Soccer down here dot Net see all the written word that Maddie and Jason and Jarrett and everybody's writing there and we prep you for everything going on in the SDH universe. So there's all of that. Also, you can you can, you can, you can as you wish. What you can do is you can also go and help out the Marshall Islands Soccer Federation. I still have the scarves here. You can get the jersey and the bucket hat and all those other kind of things. They have their twenty thirty No Home jersey out now, so the two jerseys, the bucket hat and the scarf, you can go to the Marshall Islands Soccer Federation website. You can get all their stuff and you can help out the Marshall Islands. Like I said, I got the scarves so if you pick up a scarf, I hand it to you. So that's easy. So that's pretty simple where that's concerned. Also when it comes to gear, our friends at Gratty Baby and Grady Baby Co. What you can do with them is you can get our gear with our collaboration with our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. And soccer is just better in Atlanta. You've seen Jason Whert, You've seen me wear it. It's in the red, it's in the black, and the proceeds there Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. What those are and what that can do is what you can do is you can help out middle school soccer projects programs in attached to Atlanta public schools. So looking at that, so it is Grady Baby, Grady Baby Co. Soccer is just better in Atlanta. Help out Atlanta Public school middle school soccer program Oliver, New York. Once again, those go to our projects in the Soccer for Good category for twenty twenty five, Marshall Islands Soccer down here dot net. You can get all the gear all the other places, all right, So that's where we are. We caught up with the promos. Keep an ear out as we go this week, for those of you that are going to Chattanooga, we might have some assistance for you there as well, So when that happens, we'll keep you posted. All right. Coming up in about ten minutes, ten minutes or so, depending on technology, Ben Jacobs is going to drop by and we're going to kind of go through rapid fire with him, looking at everything involving odd Son, Edward, Emmanuel Latte La, Miguel almaron how it Land United is perceived in the world sphere, all these things coming up with Ben and we'll catch up with Ben for about twenty minutes. And as he is one of the busiest men in show business, we will definitely, you know, not keep him as much as we'd like to monopolize his time with all the stuff that he does with talk sport and give me sport, all the you know choice d all the above. We got to manage him. Then you know, he can come in any time he wants. We'll talk about his beloved Leuster maybe two, but wanted to kind of roll through rapid fire with Ben coming up in about ten minutes and we can catch up with everything going on in Ben jacobs universe and find out because he was here in the summer, find out if he actually got a chance to catch up and find the barbecue that he was chasing after when he was here in town for the for the Chelsea match. So we'll catch up with him coming up in just a little bit. I know a lot of you are looking at the note yesterday from sesar Luis Marlow. Where it is Mui Avanzado very advanced Miggy and at landy night And like I said, we're going to talk about that with with Ben and go okay, where did where does Miggie rank in the Newcastle? What purview? What happened? How would you rate his time there and what happened from his perspective as to why his time on the field trimmed and his place pars be safe, my friend obviously, stay warm, so saysar Luis Marlow. We're getting close to the here we go from for Britzier Romano, saysar Luis Marlow reported yesterday verbal agreement with Newcastle US twelve million, ten plus two. It was a number that we had out there. Club is negotiating final details of the players contract too. Is ready to travel and sign, so that would be one piece that at Land United is chasing in silly season. So we'll keep an eye on that. And like I said, Emmanuel late Loth, it looks like and this is where Ben will come in and we'll get the updates. Eighteen plus two is what the number is being posted. And it looks like I haven't seen anything on Leads and late Lots. Like I said, we'll ask Ambandency if he has seen anything on that, but I haven't seen anything on leads in lat Lot. What we read yesterday from Teesside Live was that the report from Teesside Live had it Land United is the only group. And I know that lat Love might be if in Tom taking your thought from Leads, Leeds might be looking for someone to take the place of Patrick Bamford that has been out there for a little while. So is would Latte Loth be the hashtag Bamford replacement? Don't know, Like I said, well we'll find out. And Odson Edward. Where we are with the odds on Edward is the idea that his interest in Major League Soccer has cooled, and so that's why we haven't heard anything else. The last thing we heard was last week that didn't have a time stamp attached to it, which could have gone all the way back to the initial thoughts on odds on Edward and Atlanta United in fifteen million, where Sammy Moakbell from the Four Letter Paper just posted a one liner on his two hundred and eighty character app saying Atlanta United is interested put in a bit for it's Oddson Edward for fifteen million. That's all. That's the last thing we heard that didn't have a time stamp attached to it. Don't know how dated the information is, but that was the last thing we saw on Edward. And then doing a little digging, apparently Edward's interest in Major League soccer has cooled from some of the papers overseas, and that is the reporting there with Edward that his interest in Major League soccer has cooled, and therefore at Land United hadn't pursued past that point. So Edward fifteen million interest cooled on his side. Nothing else has heard from since last week, and we don't know how dated that information was when it got posted Latte Life. Like I said, Tom, I haven't seen the Leeds info, but the hashtag Bamford replacement that does make sense if that in fact is what you're chasing after with that, So Middlesbrough Teessidelve had only said that Latte Lothe was being chased after by one club at Land United. Teessidelve is probably the place where we need to continue to look at these kinds of things and see what's going on involving involving at Land United. So that is where that is where we are with all of the information Te's you. Now, if I could spell Tea's side live, there we go T's side live, okay, so Te's side live and trying to see if there is anything involving sports and Tea's sidelve. Of course it just wipes the whole thing out, so might have to go end up and chase the paper and see what's going on with that. So that's where we are with the three names. It looks like once again Fuda Hashi is linked toin haven't seen anything advanced where that is concerned, but it looks that way. So that's why in ranking all of the reports that we're chasing, Fuda Hashi is four, Edward is three, Latte Loth is two, and Mickey's number one. And one of the interesting things that we saw that I saw in looking at the latest involving Miguel Almron. Was the fo of him from the initial interest where he looked like he was looking for the uber at Charles de Gaull. Someone had had pulled that photo back in and was trying to do an update and sit there and talk about Miguel Almron and go yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, but using that old photograph. Ah, okay, thank you, oh Ornstein, Okay, United boost with Okay, thank you, so Lead United dot News. Hang on just a second, thank you, Thomas So. And like I said, this is what happens when I am a device down Leeds United dot News. That's an interesting way to pursue it. So okay, so Lead United Dot News and Ornste So it's Ornstein, okay, so Ornstein. And this is as of eleven o'clock I'm guessing local times, so six o'clock the morning here in the East coast. So weather Leeds will sign a striker up for debate. Daniel Farka could no doubt do what the competition Farca hinted to Wilfrid Nonto Lte loth has received interest from Leeds. Seems to be the number one option for Farca in terms of the striker category. Leeds fans may think their pursuit of the Ivorian is over with and land United close to signing Latai loth All may not be as it seems. Signature of someone like Latta loth would be a statement of intent from Leeds in terms of their pursuit for promotion back to the PREM. Eleventh championship goal of the season surely keeping leads on the striker due to his form, but also the revelation. Ornstein is given the latest on Lte loth So okay, so thank y'all for the update, but no, but it goes to Ornstein and so Ornstein is Tier one, so Leedunited dot News would be tier four. Ornstein is a Tier one source. Ornstein is given the latest on the Latte a Lot situation, although talks contend and agreement still hasn't been reached for the Ivorian to make the jump to major league soccer clubs in Europe and the PREM also monitoring the situation to potentially arrival Atlanta for his signature. No deal agreed yet. Laante Los's future remains open situation with the Whites not out of the race yet so Michael Carrick once again had said for sure he'll keep playing, and we referenced that quote once before. So Ornstein solid, Leeds United dot News not so solid. But the fact that Ornstein has in here the note on Latte lat so keep an eye on that. Now. The question is for Atlanta United and Lanty United has eighteen plus two on the table. Yeah, and d Graham to your point, Burrow to Leeds, especially in a promotion chase, if there's interest that this could turn into something akin to a bidding warm So we'll see what we're staring at. And it is time. This is fun. This is fun because the last time we saw this guy, we were trying to steer him to barbecue in Atlanta. We're trying to steer him into the ways of barbecue. And since it is nine point thirty, incredibly punctual. Love it. And we've got Ben Jacobs dropping by fantastic and Ben already had golden ticket status when we talked to him. They're the man is Ben?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you you tell me you're the busiest man in show business? As I told you, I mean you're the one bouncing around out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean We've had an incredible window, not just the things that have actually happened, but the maybe deals and the big names that still have their future is unresolved. So needless to say, I'm busy, but it's a pleasure to join you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so great to have you here, my friend. What I wanted to do this morning is run through some of the names that are attached to it Landay United, Miguel Almeroon, Emmanuel a'te Lot, the Odds Son, Edward for A, Hashi Son, all those names. But I also wanted to talk about it Landi United and their perception there in Europe about being a player in quotation marks on the world stage. So let's start with the players themselves. Miguel al Moron says, Luis Merrilo said, twelve million. That's agreed to right now, they're just kind of waiting on getting signatures. What's the latest in the news that you have on MIGGI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this was an exclusive story that myself and colleague Tom Bogart's broke, and no doubt many of your listeners know Tom very well, the best in the business for MLS scoops. So Miguel Almeroon too, MLS and specifically Atlanta United. You may remember it started with Charlotte FC. They've moved for Wilfrid Zaha and Atlanta have found an opportunity to bring Almeroon back. It's not one hundred percent done, but what I can say is there's a verbal agreement between the two clubs. My understanding is that it's ten million US dollars plus add ons, and that's about half what Newcastle we're looking for in January twenty twenty four when it was the Saudi club Al Shabab that we're looking and Amiron is very keen on returning to Atlanta. The personal terms are being finalized and then there's just one question mark, which I think shows you the amicable relationship between the clubs, and that's when he arrives. Because from Newcastle's point of view, they want to keep as much depth as they possibly can right through the end of the window. There's no guarantee that they replace Almoron right now, like for Light. They could, but it's not definite. And obviously all the MLS teams are in their pre season and MiG An Almeron is already fit. He's midway through his own season so it may not be that much of a concern to Atlanta United if it drags on a few more days, simply because of the fact that they're in a privileged position where they're building up to the new season and they're going to be inheriting a very fit player. So the expectation, because Newcastle already have vibly accepted the deal, is this one gets done. It's just a case of when exactly he's given the permission to fly, if it's going to be now, or if it's going to be right at the beginning of February near of the window closes. Because Newcastle have kept down, we're on in their match day squad and they've still got a couple more games that potentially, if they're not going to replace him, they could look to use almir on four at least in their match day squad.
Speaker 1: What for those who are not familiar with the day to day elevens of Eddie Howe and Newcastle, why was it that Miguel went from starter and contributor to someone who is part of now just the game day eighteens and coming up occasionally playing in cup ties things like that. Why did the for those not familiar why did he go from starter to bench player in the Newcastle universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure that he necessarily made that kind of linear progression. It was more that if you remember the half season a few seasons ago, when Almorn was just on fire between the beginning of the season and Christmas into that break that led us to the Catar twenty twenty two World Cup, and at that point he'd had such a positive preseason and exploded onto the scene and showed a goal scoring streak that Newcastle really hadn't seen before and became indispensable as you would expect really, but in that build up to that season, the fan base was saying the same thing as they are now, that they would not be averse to him being sold. Newcastle were open to offers. He just changed everybody's mind. And then, unfortunately, since that kind of purple patch, his goal scoring and contributions have leveled off and therefore he's become more of a squad player and Newcastle, therefore, even before the Purple Patch, had been looking for this kind of right sided forward or winger that can have a more significant goal impact than Almeron is capable of. At the moment, he's finding himself on the bench. Jacob Murphy sometimes plays on that right hand side. It's a four to three to three formation. You've got Alexander Izak and then usually antiin Y Gordon is on the left hand side. So it leaves Almeron as a little bit more of a squad player. There is Harvey Barnes that can play on both sides as well, so he's fallen down the pecking order, But like I say, you could make more of an argument that he's returned to where he was two and a half years ago.
Speaker 2: He changed Eddie Howe's mind.
Speaker 3: Still very valuable because he's very positive, very happy, very liked by his teammates. And we shouldn't underestimate the impact footballers can have as characters, even if they're not starting every week. Actually, a lot of managers like a player that says, okay, I accept my role in a squad rather than the starting eleven, and I'm happy for that and I'm going to be hungry to try and earn my opportunities.
Speaker 2: And Almeron is that kind of player.
Speaker 3: But the reality is that on and off Newcastle have been looking to offload Almeron that I would say the best part of the last four or five transfer windows.
Speaker 1: When you're also discussing Elana United chasing after a nine. There are two names that are right now front and center. Emmanuel Latte Lath, who is currently at Middlesbrough, their leading scorer, and they're in a pursuit for hopping back into the promotion playoffs in the championship. And also the name Odds and Edward. But that has cooled somewhat when it comes to pursuit anything else that you're hearing about Latte Lath, we had had the leads tie where Daniel Farker might be chasing after him. To add things up, anything else that you're hearing with your ear on the train tracks about those two.
Speaker 3: I hope it's not on the train tracks, not if there's any active trains coming anyway. But Latte Lath is the top choice for Atlanta and Edson Odward is up there too. But I think if they can get Lade Lath, then the Edson Odword deal will be off the table. It's just a case spinning both plates because time is running out and both have relative complications. The Latte lat situation is that in the last week or so, Atlanta United have had very positive talks with Middlesbrough, so there's not that many concerns that they can't get to a full verbal agreement. They're just about there. It's more a realization now from Atlanta's perspective that this is an in deman player and it becomes relatively likely that another suitor will enter the race in the final days of the window. So, my reader, the situation is that Atlanta have taken the negotiations about as far as they can with both the player and also club to club, and they've got all of their ducks in a row. It's just that if you're Middlesbrough, you're waiting for a bidding war or a twist. And again you're in no rush to sell because if they're going to lose him, then keep the player scoring and in the squad and getting as many points as you can out of him before he eventually departs. So don't think it's a case of Atlanta United up against Leeds, because Leads sources that I speak to deny that they have place to bid. The interest is genuine, but they've not put a formal offer on the table. And interestingly, and this might be the clue that I alluded to a moment ago. The leads perspective from sources I speak to is he's either going to go to Atlanta or a Premier League club. And it's that Premier League club that still has the question mark over it because a lot of the links that we've heard so far are not from Premier League clubs.
Speaker 2: Looking for strikers. And there's one or two that I can mention.
Speaker 3: Leicester City are looking for goals, Everton are in the market for a striker. West Ham and Bournemouth are both going to be alert to opportunities, and west Ham and Bournemouth the more looking at Brighton's Evan Ferguson. And we know that west Ham bid for John Durant as well, and that was turned down yesterday, a story broken by the excellent David Ornstein. Fifty seven million instantly rejected by Aston Villa. So there's a few Premier League clubs and the reason why I mentioned these other transfers is just to give you that context of three or four in the Premier League, just moving around from target to target, working out the opportunism of what might be possible in the fine allows the window, and maybe one of those four clubs I think less likely West Ham, possibly Bournemouth, certainly Lester in the mix as well. They all could decide at the last minute just to enter that race, and that's why I think that Middlesbrough abiding their time, and then it'd be unclear at this stage if late Elath would say I still want to go to Atlanta, finalize that deal, or I fancy an opportunity in the Premier League. So it's a bit of a nervous wait there for Atlanta United. And then if they get to probably four or five days left of the window and they don't think that that one's possible, or a Premier League suitter comes in and it's off the table, that's where they've put I wouldn't quite call it a backup bid because that's disrespectful to the money offered and the player. But the Edward situation is a bid in the region of twenty million US dollars, which again underlies the big spending of Atlanta and how ambitious they've been so far in this window. And the expectation again is that financially speaking, that offer will be good enough and then it will be down to the player to decide whether or not he wants an MLS opportunity, and I think it's fifty to fifty as to whether he agrees to that move, especially knowing at the moment it's on ice, because Atlanta's number one priority remains latt a laugh.
Speaker 1: Our buddy Ben Jacobs from a give me sport and talk sport where I get to hear him do play by play occasionally here on this side of the pond, propping and by and hanging out with us here this morning in the middle of silly season. Let me ask you about Atlanta United and MLS's place in the world sphere. How do you think, from all of your interaction and all the work that you do, how is Major League Soccer viewed as a quote end quote player on the world stage and chasing after talent? And I guess Atlanta United sub subsection B of that. How do you think a Landa United is viewed as a player a pursuer of talent there on that side of the Atlantic. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we started, didn't we with the prism of exports, and that was our kind of window into MLS. And now, as we see from Maritzio Pochtino's international squad, the vast majority of male players anyway that have come through MLS have ended up exploding on the scene somewhere in Europe. And that's the kind of Christian policic ripple effect. But if you go back further, there's the sort of every American top goalkeeper under the sun in the Brad Guzan, Tim Howard, Casey Keller era again finding their way over to a European club and more often than not in the Premier League as well. And once you got that influx, I think the opportunity to find young players from MLS really became clear to most clubs and fans. And there's definitely now not this feeling of an American player coming to Europe and not being good enough in terms of technique or development. If anything, it's the opposite now and there's a feeling that the infrastructure that you have in place through the college system and the USA into the MLS is very secure and structured and it's creating a new generation of both male and female talent that can go on to big things. So then phase two is can you keep these players in MLS, Because although it's great to say you develop them and sell them on very early in their career. The way MLS grows is obviously by cultivating homegrown or home based talent and keeping them in the league for as long as possible, and that's what raises the standard and the value of it. And then if foreigners come as well, you have that balance, as we've seen from the Premier League since the early nineties, that allows the lead to develop and it is a balance between wanting US talents and promoting them in addition to having those box office stars to get global eyeballs. And I think unlike USA ninety four, we're now going to see the World Cup in twenty twenty six, have a really meaningful legacy in terms of grassroots, in terms of infrastructure, hope fully a strong knock on effect to the women's game as well. So I think MLS now is starting to catch the eye. There's more global broadcasters, there's more foreign talent coming over. What a coup for Charlotte to get Zaha or for Atlanta to be able to re sign Miguel Almeren. And I think the ameor on thing shows you even though he's a little bit older now. Of course, that full circle moment when he left Atlanta United and realized he was going on to big things. Did he think at that point that he would go full circle and still feel that he could offer something in terms of peak Almere on returning to Atlanta United, and I think when he left the appetite to return probably wasn't there. But now he realizes that he's walking into a very competitive league of.
Speaker 2: A high standard.
Speaker 3: Then you look specifically at Atlanta United and I think it has naturally grown to be synonymous with success. I remember the twenty eighteen MLS Cup definitely putting the club on the radar, and those were the sort of glory years, of course, because there was a US Open Cup as well, and in addition, naturally they'd won in i think twenty eighteen the MLS Eastern Conference Championship as well. So in that kind of period we started to, I think, realize how serious Atlanta United were. We know that some of the backroom staff went across from Atlanta United, like Darren Eels who was at Newcastle sadly now has ill health so has had to step away from that role. The likes of course of Tata Martino or Frank debaor and so on, all again putting the club on the map and I just think you don't get that caliber of backroom staff or that blend of star power and talent.
Speaker 2: Staying in the MLS unless your league is progressing.
Speaker 3: So I think MLS is in a very healthy position and it's only going to get stronger off the back of the twenty twenty six World Cup.
Speaker 1: What about when it comes to slashing the wallet. Say, I am insert MLS owner here or MLS director of Soccer Operations and I go wandering over to Europe and I'm chasing after talent. What is the perception from your mind about MLS coming over And it's like, yeah, well, I want your guys, I want your guys. I want your guys to do front offices in say Premier League, Championship, all the other leagues that you look at, sit there and look at an MLS guy and go, who are you or do they actually have them as an equal player at the table and basically money talks, It doesn't matter where it comes from these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an equal player. Remember half the Premier League. Now we've got some form of American investor or owner. So it's flipped and you're not dealing with top clubs in England anymore. That are all English, are all ingrained in English football, they're global, and you could argue they're America predominant in terms of the makeup of their collective shares. So it's actually a lot of the time I'm an American owner dealing with an MLS club, and they know exactly the potential and they know the growth opportunities. So I don't think we're looking at America being at less of a standing, whether we're talking MLS or even USL, because remember a few years ago, USL used to basically be reserve teams, and that caused an issue because you had this odd balance of very young players coupled with effectively demoted ones, and there was maybe a bit of a lack of cohesiveness and balance and in some cases motivation. Now they've ditched all of that and you have a competitive league, effectively a tear down from the MLS. And again you have a lot of pathways for players to come through, and global clubs realize that, so there isn't as much of a risk factor now about signing a player from MLS. And in addition to that, the clubs are cultivating partnerships because the clarity of progression for male and female players is so much stronger and arguably even more stable than in the UK because in England you get pulled away at let's say eleven or twelve told you the next superstar. It can impact your location, your family, your schooling, whereas in America there's much more of a pathway through collegiate into USL or MLS or obviously in the case of the women, the USL Women's League or the NWSL, and the progression I think allows global clubs to track players more definitively. Plus the fact that there's a lot more emphasis now in MLS on data on injury prevention, on technical training, and what we're seeing that perhaps didn't exist ten years ago as a result is top clubs bringing talents over at very young ages for a kind of try before you buy experience, which is part of the courting process, to say come over, watch a match, meet the squad, train with them. Sometimes it's a formal trial and a exclusive that me and Tom broke a few weeks maybe ago now, was nim Fasher Birchamas, who is a Charlotte FC player, and he got flown over to Manchester United. And don't think that would have happened ten fifteen years ago, because likely that kind of player age profile wouldn't really have been on a top club's radar. But now most of these European teams have got full and significant scouting networks in North America. They've always had them in Central and South America as well, and the World Cup is obviously an extra opportunity with the investment to develop that grassroots talent, and the back legacy of the World Cup will be that probable twelve to sixteen age group post twenty twenty six, with all the investment and the bars and the facilities getting into their late teens, breaking into USL or MLS, and I think you'll find that there's a lot of European clubs ready to pounce for that kind of profile and talent because they realized there's a real window of opportunity to recruit in this market.
Speaker 1: All right, So before we let you go, what storylines are you chasing after today? When it comes to the Premier League in silly season and ruben amor room trashing TVs and arch pasta cargo. Yeah, I'm going to fix it and don't worry about everything. What are you chasing after today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm leaving the MLS to Tom, although we are both across the Almiron and Latte latt situations which could move very quickly. I think more so Almiron than necessarily Latte, laugh only because of Burrough's perspective to wait and see for a little bit. I'm across Marcus Rashford's future. We shouldn't rule out a stay at Manchester United, but certainly Dortmund and possibly Barcelona are going to be there. Aleandro Garnaccho Chelsea and Napoli both interested in the player. Key question is what price might Manchester United reluctantly sell for. I'm told in the region of eighty million US dollars, possibly five or six lower than that, but as a starting point, Manchester United's valuation is very high.
Speaker 2: Matte's kuner at Wolves.
Speaker 3: He's not yet signed that new deal, so the door is just the so slightly a jar for Arsenal and others. So it should be a busy week, and I think some of these plot lines might run right.
Speaker 2: Until February the third.
Speaker 3: And I keep having to remind myself to say February the third, because we so glibly call it the January window, and usually it is the January window, but this particular season, I should point out that in England anyway, the window shots on February the third, So we've got the best part of two weeks to try and find clarity on some of those stories that I mention.
Speaker 1: And see if there's going to be a player who's just going to sit in his car in a team's parking lot and figure out that Yeah they want me and I want to be here, but there's been no talk about you being here. Well, no, I'm still here. I'm sitting in the parking lot. Cut the promo for me working Fox bind all of your stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, you can follow me and Tom as well on Gimme Sport and we've got lots of breaking news and hopefully some MLS exclusives for you on x I'm at Jacobs Ben on Instagram at Ben David Jacobs and of course you can be on Talk Sport. I'll be back at the weekend as well for another Premier League commentary, so make sure that you get in contact with me if you're listening, and I'll give you a shouts.
Speaker 1: Out what he said as always, my friend, great to see you know that you your Golden ticket status is always here. So the link that I sent you this morning is good because that is the studio space if you ever want to get anything off your chest. Barbecue. Hey man, I need some barbecue. Can you send it to me? I need this, I need this, I need this. My foxes are driving me crazy. They didn't do anything. You know that you have golden ticket status and can visit anytime and you can crash the party here in the morning show. Great to see you, my friend. We will catch up with you soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep up the good work as well.
Speaker 3: Always enjoy listening to the show and look forward to coming on soon.
Speaker 2: Have a good day everyone, You got it.
Speaker 1: Thank you Ben. There goes Ben. Ben's gonna go and go get brunch or something. And it's great to catch up with Ben, and thanks to him for putting time into his hyper busy ski edge to come and visit and drop by. Because my Premier League conversation with Ben would probably go another forty minutes. It would probably go another forty minutes, and it would be talking about Lester. He'd be talking about On you'd be talking about Ruben, Amerim, trash and TVs. We'll get into all that stuff coming up in just a little bit. Bart Keeler gonna join us, coming up in about ten minutes to discuss anything and everything going on with the men's national team. He's gonna be there for a half hour, then for about twenty minutes, we're gonna set the table, get you ready through all the rumors, go through all of the stuff, get you ready for the day. And as always, once again, thanks to all of you guys for being the intrepid producers and conversation makers that you are and finding the leads information that we got to bounce off of Ben this morning, and we can find out what's on his mind once again at Jacob's Ben on the two hundred and eighty character app and you can follow him from there at give Me Sport on the twitters and Bogert and all the alerts that they do and everything like that. But yeah, I think Ben was at Everton and Spurs this past weekend, so we got to listen to his updates from that. Yes, sharif it appears that Marmouche is going from Frankfort to the prem the last thing that I saw was it was about as close to a goodbye as possible. So they had agreed on the number and they were thinking that it was going to be outdone and gone. So as of three hours ago, Marmouche is undergoing a medical with Manchester City. So he is undergoing the medical today and in addition for Britzy Romano while we were sleeping, said medical test today for Omar Marmouche. While Vittor Reese has already signed his contract after Hussonov yesterday, Manchester City and this is according to Romano will announced Vitor Reese as the new signing and then time for Marmouche. At least one more signing is also anticipated. So it is Hussonov, Reese, Marmouge and they're looking at Cambiaso apparently among others. So Marmusan City down to the medical. So that's where we are and apparently and this is like I said, this is just looking at they're looking for midfielders and it's looking like a rather large deal. Manchester City also set to sign two thousand born center back Juma Ba from Via do lead verbal is done. Understand the plan and this is from Romano. Could include a loan move to Lens which is being discussed, which has an excellent relationship with the club after the Hussonov deal, So formal steps to follow here we go soon, so keep an eye on that one with Manchester City and for Britzio Romano. So that's where that's where we are with Marmouche this morning. So let's get into the gossip, rumor and innu window and what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. So the latest with Marcus Rashford. Rashford's preferences to join Barsa, but they need to create space for his salary without goings and hand not formalize their interest. Dortmund have engaged Manchester United over terms of a loan deal in case they proceed with a move for him ac Milan, remember, could do one or the other Rashford oral Kyle Walker, and so they went to Kyle Walker route. And that's why ac Milan is out because you can only have two EU players on the roster and so the choice was there and they went in that direction. So Manchester United Antony's loan to Betty's close to completion verbal exists, no option or obligation included in the deal. Final formalities being dealt with before Andrew takes some medical Antony sign from i AX for around eighty five million pounds in the summer of twenty two. Contract is up in twenty seven, includes the club held option of a further year from Melissarettinopoli, expected to accelerate their interest in Garnacho, as we mentioned with Ben with Conte driving the deal. Initial approach just shy of forty million pounds knocked back under the impression United want to do business around the sixty mark monopoly will look to compromise. Sky Italia reporting United execs had traveled to hold a meeting with the club over Garnacho, as revealed not actively looking to leave Old Trafford, aware he'd be sold for the right price and as such as considering his options. So Carlo Ancelotti says real madriddle decide when he leaves, not himself, as he plays down suggestions he'll quit the club at the end of the year. Alfonso Davies, as of an hour ago, on the verge of extending his Bayern Munich contract until twenty thirty. Negotiations head focus on a deal until twenty nine, but there has been a breakthrough. Expected to sign for a further year. Sky Germany, which translates probably into Florid and Plettenberg among others. That the Canada international will earn approximately twelve point six million pounds gross per year. So that's what you're looking at involving that and so Leeds among the club, and we were talking strikers for Leeds and the interest of Late loth in Middlesbrough. William Goobles is considered for a loan from Saint Gallen. Eight goals on the Swiss side, all Comps twenty three began his career at Leone and has played for Nant in France, and Reese is signed from Paul Maris for a fee of twenty nine point six million pounds and the Brazilian U seventeen their national eighteen league appearances for Paul Marrison's coming through the club's academy. Sky News reported a number of clubs, including Brighton, had gathered information on the nineteen year old Paul Marris will always and this is the wording from Sky. Paul Marras Paul Mayras were relaxed over the situation after selling an array of talent Europe in the past eighteen months, including likes of Endrick and William Esteval. So they were relaxed. They were relaxed about it. So yeah, they were relaxed. So a reese they were relaxed about So let's see transfer transfers dot Com. So I have to go to transfers dot com. Hang on just a second. Tom has posted a European note in Oh, so it is okay the Football Transfers account Dortmund Milan interested in Jack Grealish. But that's from the three letter paper. Keep the information from your own deir own peril. Ancelotti is not leaving Real Madrid. Absolutely not decided to leave. I hope to stay for four more years. Byron Munich confirmed that Tom Bischoff is going to join in the summer on a free transfer. I mentioned Vitorese Villa signed Andrascarcia from Levante. Chelsea looking at signing du Son Vlahovitch according to the Times, and Hugo Larson is a confirmed target for clubs as well, so keep an eye on that, all right. So before Bart gets to join us, we get into the gossip on the other side of the Atlantic. We mentioned Garnacho Corierra Della sport is mentioning fifty million pounds to sign west Ham. Ben Jacobs mentioned Gean Doron fifty seven million pound bid rejected, determined not to sell, meaning west Ham valued him at eighty during the transfer current transfer windows, so fifty seven million to eighty there's a gap there. Chelsea considering a move for Vlahovitch, having held talks with the Italian club about selling Renato Vega to then that's from the Times. United looked at Ryan Ignorri and Tyreek Mitchell from Crystal Palace, with PSG's fullback new No Mendez and an unviable option this transfer window, according to Ondaco, and this is where the the U quote from Ancelotti came. Ancelotti said to leave the club in the summer, with Shabi Alonzo the favorite to replace. On. Decetto is saying that Ancelotti came out and said, not so fast, my friend. Liverpool have a fresh contract wrangle on their hands. Connate yet to sign a new deal, Manchester City and Grealish being tracked by Milan and Dortmann. That's a three letter paper to Bruno says he hasn't spoken to Manchester City about a new contact a contract. Something will happen with his current deal running out in the summer. Spurs considering a move for Liam d Lapa could face competition from Chelsea Liverpool not accepting an offer for Harvey Elliott in January or the summer despite his like a first team football Milo's kirkcashwill reman it born With despite interest from United, but he will likely move during the summer window. Spurs facing a struggle to land Melan's screen yard this month on competition from Galatasarai in PSG AC Milan considering loan moves for both Hoyland and Xerxe ve held discussions with an Essay over a move for Thomas Christiansen, who is also a target four Manchester United. All right, so it is ten o'clock, ten o one, so it's my bad, my bad, and so I'm bringing in Bartia minute late. So first and foremost, sir, how was the the week at the mart? And what is the mug?
Speaker 4: Well, so the mug is Sydney, Australia.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Dreaming of places that are much warmer and less well, yesterday was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As to holly Side degree, yeah, I see where you're going.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, same John, same. The journalism PR and Polly Side degrees yesterday were buzz market was great. Actually it was a really good turnout from everyone. It seemed like everyone had fun. I am tired. I feel like I climbed Mount Everest four times over the spain of the week. But it is nice to be working from home where at home the rest of the week, which is which is nice, mainly because John, I don't know if you know this, it's cold outside. Yes, I'm and I don't have to go outside. I don't want to. So that is a plus.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is absolutely a plus. How was the stripling, by the way, because every time I come home, I go past I passed by the stripling outlets and I know where they exist in Albany, and oh, I want to say, what's the what's the what's the what's the speed trap? Not nor would, but it's on the way up the Georgia three hundred right there. But so, how was the stripling?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, so I am familiar with striplings back from a past life when I worked in retail, and it was nice to kind of see the product in person.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: I haven't been by one in a very long time because they don't exist where I usually go. But it was nice to talk to the folks and see striplings again. A Georgia institution, if you will, so very cool.
Speaker 1: I believe nineteen forty six, I think is when they started. Okay, I wanted to have you in this morning, and I know I've got you for about another twenty five minutes. I've got you at the bottom of the hour to break down everything that is happening in camp. Cupcake. I want to steer folks to listen to the Soccer for US pod for your preview and what is going on in in the January camp. It's an opportunity for folks to get call ups, to get their caps to, you know, to sit there and get those first times where they can sit there and say yeah and have the picture and our first time cap. You know, you have the fake tuxedo that you wear I guess and.
Speaker 4: Something like that. Well, John, let's talk about one of those first time caps.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 4: You know the dude from right well, I guess not directly right from here, but the dude from here. Let's talk you. When I talk about George, I mean that's that's kind of the the.
Speaker 1: Story for us, you know, yeah, I mean George and Miles. Now we've been having these discussions for probably three or four years, where those of us here at the network have said, don't be surprised at some point in the future if your center backs for the US men's national team are George Campbell and Miles Robinson, and you got that in this January window.
Speaker 4: First off, let's just say good for George. Congrats to him. He definitely has put in a lot of work over the years. I do think that the move from Atlanta really helped him. He wasn't going to be a part of the starting equation while he was here, although I would argue that he probably should have been over some of the players that we decided to spend a lot of money on who have now not been very good. But he deserved this from his plan. MLS and I think John he didn't have a great game, but I'll say it's because he was doing things that you wouldn't normally ask of a center back. He was kind of doing I heard someone call it the John Stone his role where you push up a little bit into midfield and you are asked to do more things with the ball and on the ball, and he is capable of doing that. I think you, Jared, Yeah, we've all seen it, right, We've all said he could, and for him to be able to kind of show that off at the national team level is great. Obviously a slightly different way of doing it. It looked like there was like a wingback role.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a weird formation that we were playing in. And sometimes I also blame I mean, any of his mistakes on just you know, his first time, and if the center back looks decent his first time, that's a positive. I don't expect there to be much change between now and maybe his next time he gets called up, because this is who he is. Hopefully he just gets better. I don't know if I'll playday. I haven't seen. I think I think we'll probably have a press conference this morning that'll give us a little more insight onto what lineups might be for tomorrow's game. I wouldn't be surprising if we see Walker and Tim, you know, the twins back there. But they they looked good. I'm very, very proud of George Miles continued to look good. Congrats on him for being the captain of the team. And you know this is what John the third at Landing United Academy product, Yeah, to go to the national team. George Caleb and now George again, so rested all three of those guys. But really I thought a good showing from George Campbell.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of folks gravitated toward Jack mcglenn's performance, and you know, obviously when you you hit an absolute banger, I feel like almost that too. Yeah, so you end up with McGlenn getting Man of the Match for hitting the boom also that he got and Mat Camiljevitch obviously that was one of the picks for this particular camp. That everybody was sitting there going and you can literally thought bubbles over everybody's head. It's like, what is Pochettino thinking here? And obviously with the early booboo, everybody's sitting there going cee cecie. And then things kind of mellowed out as we went. But when you look at the attack, I guess, I guess I'm kind of taking this one layer at a time, going from the defense to the midfield. What do you think of the midfield in the matchup?
Speaker 4: I thought the midfield looked solid against a team that is not super effective in the midfield, if that makes sense. Yeah, I thought Jack McGlenn looked comfortable out there. He was able to. We saw the best of Jack McGlenn on the ball. He is a wizard, he truly is. He is able to pick out passes. He's he was doing some of the pat maha, you know, look off a defender and then find a nice little scene for an attacking pass. I thought he obviously stood out for all the good reasons. I don't know if he was his weaknesses were challenged, which his weaknesses John or that he's slow and that really wasn't a factor in this particular game. There wasn't a whole lot of that. It also helps when you have Miles and George behind you, who are relatively quick and good defenders. But I don't think Kumashki looked particularly noticeable. It wasn't one of those we go wow, he really stood out. He kind of blended into the game and Milhevich I'm not quite sure what to take of him, to be quite honest, I respect the fortitude and the assertion to grab the ball and say I'm taking this penalty kick. But buddy, if you're going to do that, you gotta finish, because you know, look one selfishly, we were three minutes in and I needed a shot, but unselfishly. It shout out to Abby by the way, who was there with us, but unselfishly. That is one of those times where in a normal game, John, how often I don't want to go back to twenty nineteen, but a missed penalty kick can really throw off a game and give some momentum back to the opponent. Right, it was an obvious foul. It was a stupid foul. You know. It's one of those where you're like, well, this doesn't really deserve a penalty kick, but you stepped on the guy kicked I mean, they kicked him. It's penalty kick. It's just one of those where you know it's not really deserving of that, but for you to miss that is a problem, especially when you are like, no, this is mine, and especially when it seemed like me Jack McGlenn was supposed to be the one to take it. But that's what this campus for, John, To answer your point about the thought bubble, Why is this dude get called in? One, it's January camp. We take who we can get sometimes, and two it is a time for guys to prove themselves and we need to see more guys have this attitude of literally taking the ball and saying I'm going to prove myself. Now he missed the penalty kick. So what did he prove? I don't know, but that in itself is a positive. But buddy, you've got to make that kick because if you don't that in the grand scheme of things, let's just say, John, he gets caught up to the Gold Cup this summer, right, that, like missing a penalty kick and an actual competitive tournament game would be a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a bit. I know that, folks. You know when you were talking Kromowski here, uh to me, some folks seemed surprised at where he was positionally in what he was doing when it came to Yeah, and but for me, I would challenge that thought and say, look, Tata Martino down with Messi and friends is basically telling him, Okay, I need you to do this. I need you to lay back, I need you to be more defensive. So we've seen him in more defensive postures once he's been playing professionally, so I wasn't necessarily surprised. But everybody seemed to be freaking out and sitting there and finding a voovuzuela or a trumpet wherever they could find it. And go see what you know. But I didn't seem all that surprised by what Kromowski was being asked to do. Well.
Speaker 4: Two things. One is just it seems like Plassino does like that number ten attacking midfield type of player on the field.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Probably because he's Argentinian and they breathe those like, you know, like we do cotton down here. They just you know, you pluck them off trees. It seems like in Argentina.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so I think from that standpoint, Kramaski is not gonna see a lot of time moving a little before. I mean, we've seen this kind of with Pochettino. System is is he has two I don't want to say deep lying but two guys who are a little deeper in the midfield. But to your point, and I'm not I'm not saying they're the same player, the same person, or their equal skills or whatever, but John, I would I would venture to say that the reason that Tata has Kramaski stay a little deeper is because he is at the club level next to a defensive midfielder who's not particularly mobile.
Speaker 1: Needs your help quick back, just kind of hang back for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and I'm not saying Jack McGlenn and Sergio Buskits are the same guy. I'm not saying they're on the same level, John, But I'm just saying they both possess qualities that you don't necessarily want to have to spend energy on defending. You get what I'm saying, Because they're not They're not going to win that that that foot race or the one b one defensive battle.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. Uh. One other guy that I wanted to get your first thoughts on there it is, Yeah, no, it's it's uh. Well, once again, like I said, I'm dealing with this. The cable is still out here in the office. This is how we're doing the show this sir boy Patrick Patrick, Godgymunk. I wanted to get your thoughts on him because we've seen him at Crown Legacy be a certifiable pain that you know what he is. He is a he is a he is a problem and can be. So what did you think of aujimun A being called into this camp and what happened in match number one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, I think he was just happy to get out of a city that is known for nothing, but breweries and financial sweater best. So good for him, going, yeah, that's worth being, that's worth visiting. I thought, I don't want to focus on him so much as I want to focus on what he did and what was asked of him, because this is something that I have been frustrated with our national team, no matter who was the coach, for multiple years, and it's that our strikers aren't involved enough inside the penalty area or leading a line per se. Right, It is always like, oh, well, they they're this weird like chess piece that moves around to open up space, but we haven't done a good enough job of utilizing them to score goals. And so we saw from Patrick and from the system because this is a little bit what Peppi does, and I think that's kind of the thing that I'm going to draw attention to is they do seem to have similar mindsets and skill sets. He was stretching the line, he was trying to get in behind the team the defense, and he was doing a really good job of trying to get in dangerous spots in the penalty area. But on top of that, we were then giving him the ball in that penalty area and said dangerous spots. Five touches. I think it was in the penalty area, which doesn't seem like a lot, but that is a good number for a guy who you know, played sixty some minutes and he got other touches. He obviously is the reason we win that penalty kick. He gets a goal. He has a couple of other opportunities that I'm not saying he should have scored, basically forced either a good defensive action or a good say from a goalkeeper. And and those themes are what I'm looking at. As he executed what was asked of him. Well, is that replicable Sam with JaQuel McGlenn. I don't know it was good enough against a Venezuela team that is, you know, okay, yeah, but he did the things that was asked of him, and that alone is a good enough reason. I mean, he's probably gonna start the next game because we just don't have another striker in the scamp. So that's a good thing. Though he gets to say, okay, I did this pretty well. How do I copy copy and paste that to another team? A Costa Rica team that, no matter who they are, are out there trying to kick us and knock us down.
Speaker 1: On the bench. You got America and Nellie getting his first Indiana aslev whoop woop to uh South Georgia Tormenta in the Savannah area getting there first. You get to Diego Luna and Brian White getting their seconds, and the one Jones and obviously and Walker Zimmerman with a cameo. You know we mentioned the first, okay that was and.
Speaker 4: I had Yeah, you said, Brian White, I don't. I know, the dude scores an MLS, but I just don't. I don't. I don't understand why we're putting the time and energy to a guy who has shown no ability to be a significant factor in the national team at any point, right. I think this is absolutely a well three of three four of our strikers are in Europe, so are not going to get called up. Any other striker that we want are probably I mean, like Brandon Vazquez is not going to come in because he's been playing in Mexico. They don't exactly have the same breaks like we do, you know, And then you had Ferrera goes out of camp. I don't understand. Yeah, tokens out, but I mean from a strikers standpoint, I don't understand Brian White. I don't think he's that good. I think he's overrated at MLS, and I don't think he fits in with the national team one iota, and I just wish we would stop trying to call him in just because he's a dude. There are other options, and Patrick Amyang is one of those that I think we can see as like, oh this my guy might be a better look. There's a reason I think he started, and it's clearly because he did the things that Pachatino wants better than Brian White. I'm sorry, I just I don't understand the time and energy put into Brian White.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that a listener gets named a US Soccer Female Player of the Year after her last US wn T seas. It seems like a slam dunk for me.
Speaker 4: If you go back a couple episodes of the Soccer for US pod, we talked about who our players of the Year should be, and I said a listener. And it's because while you can easily say it was triple espresso, the reality is, especially during that run in the knockouts of the Olympics, it's not like we were scoring a ton of goals and a Listenaire had to come up big, not just in the gold medal run, but you look at the She Believes Cup and w Gold Cup. I mean both of those tournaments were her save multiple penalty kick score, a penalty kick outcome, and outside of that, she really just had a stellar twenty twenty four. You know, I think, I John, I'm gonna say this because not to be controversial, but because it's true. If a Listenaire as a US number one, we're playing for any other country in the world. Say she's playing for France, right, Say she's a French international and she's playing in France, and she's playing for LEOL and she's winning. You know, she's at Champions League finals and all this stuff. I think she would be very much considered the best goalkeeper in the world. But because she is an NWSL, a league that actually has competition and had good players on every single team and has good teams up and down the league, she's not seen as that good because her Red Stars team still the Red Stars. Her Red Stars team isn't up there. Right, they make the playoffs, they get trounced by Orlando, which everyone did in the playoffs. You know, the only team that didn't was you know, the final, which duh. Washington's also good. And so they see her club stats and they're not great because well, yeah, she's going against some of the best players in the world in her league week in a week out. I think she deserved this, and it's it's also nice to pair this with her FIFA Best eleven nomination as well. And it's just I just want to reiterate that the US women's national team is not devoid of talent. Even the goalkeepers that were not one hundred percent sure about who will replace her are better than just about any other countries goalkeepers in the world. I mean you're looking at when you look at better goalkeepers Mary Arts. Maybe I like Van Domsler a lot, but you know that's really it because Endler down in leon is not I mean, she plays for Chile. It's just unfortunate for her that her team national team isn't that good. We're going to have some of the best goalkeepers on international level. Germany is obviously very good, but like, we have great talent here and I think a listen there, getting that now that she's retiring, getting her flowers finally, both domestically and internationally. It's wonderful to see, but it's to me a sign that, hey, y'all, our talent is there.
Speaker 1: Who in your mind is a B and C. Now that you're going to have to find who is the hashtag Naiir replacement? What is the competition going to be looking like now?
Speaker 4: Well, I think we saw with the college we've had the last couple camps. Fall and tallest choice is definitely one. She might be the low key leader, but I think Kasey Murphy is the kind of she's probably if you were to say leader in the clubhouse, she might be the leader in the clubhouse, but I don't know if she's She's the betting favorite. She has the pedigree, she's had the time, but I think Fallen has a little bit better. I think she's a little bit better shot stopper for not being as tall as Casey. Casey's a great shot stopper because she's very tall. She technically sound, she's very tall. Those two are probably the ones that are most likely to get that. I'd love to say Jane Campbell, I just don't know if I see her elevating her game to that level. She's kind of struggled to do that on the national team level. I still want Katie Lynn to get a Colin Louisville's goalkeeper. I like her, but she kind of has like a little bit of Casey Murphy where she's really tall and that's that's kind of her big thing. But if you're looking at two, I think it's Murphy and Talis choice. Those are the two that like they're gonna get looks obviously tallest choice is starting at Manchester United in the second best league in the world. You've got Murphy, who's the starter for a very good club team here in the US. So I think those are the two that you're looking at this year.
Speaker 1: Next matchup coming up here in Camp Cupcake for the us M and t is uh Costa Rica and it is how do we say this interesting? Who the who they now have in charge on the touch line with with the poho now there? What do you what are you anticipating that that's not me? I didn't do that? What does what does? What do you think this brings to the table for Costa Rica going forward?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this not to say that they're not they weren't this beforehand, but a little bit of sophistication, which is a weird thing to include with uh Herrera as a coach, but Mexico as a national team and Herrera as an as their coach, and and a lot of the clubs he's played, they are They fight hard, they run hard, they but they they try to play to some extent, they try to play possessive, attacking good soccer. Right. You do all the hustle part, and you're ready to go into a fight whenever you feel like it. Cause mainly because your goal. Your a coach is about to have a stroke on the sideline. But that man always looks like he's about to pop a cornary artery. I'm just saying he does that. But Costa Rica has traditionally always had that too. They've always been a thorn in the side of the US and other teams like they succeed in CONCACAF because they are gritty, determined and organized and those are good qualities. But if Herrera can take some of his attacking philosophies right and help the Costa Ricans kind of put that into the already solid defensive strukker they're kind of just born with. I think that will help them because right now, John, it's very clear that they are for the fifth best team in CONCA CAFF. In my opinion, they're behind the big three of USA, Mexico, Canada and then Panama has eclipsed them as that next bex team. They used to be the third best. You know, they used to be easily the third best team in CONCA CAFF for a good decade. There they fell down a little bit. They had kind of a missing generation and so with LP Yoho, I think they are looking at how do we get back to that understanding we need a coach that kind of has that pedigree to teach our guys how to get back to there as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is going up next for soccer for US pod here during Camp Cupcake, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we'll have a Camp cup Cake update, probably not this week, but definitely next week just because Camp Cupcake, Camp cup cup Date, Camp cup Cake cup Date. Yes, we'll have that that kind of reaction. Yeah, we'll have the reaction coming out either late this week or early next week, just looking at who impressed us with the understanding that neither of these games are particularly against high level teams, mainly because as you know, John A lot of leagues are playing soccer right now, and not everyone gets released. But you know, I think both Costa Rica and Venezuela are going to be able to provide a good level of talent that you can at least say, Okay, did this person It's not Serbia's like be or Z team, right, did this person look good enough in this game to warrant another look. I'll just hedge my personal feelings and that very few guys outside of like two maybe show that they should be part of the March Nations League camp. But a lot of these guys, I think it's fair to say are playing for those Gold Cup spots because we don't really know what Pochettina is going to be able to do with that Gold Cup roster. We're not sure. We haven't heard anything about like is this going to be the first team or is he going to say, hey, y'all need a break? And it does kind of seem like you won't force players to play if they don't want to play, So I doubt we're seeing Pulisic McKinney way of those guys. You know, but I will say, gi Arena, homeboy, You've played like twelve minutes now. He's playing a lot more now. But g Orana might be one of those where it's like, well you kind of need to play right. Ricardo Peppy might be a guy where you go. You know, it might not be a bad idea, but we're going to have to fill out a twenty three man roster for Gold Cup, and a lot of these guys I think are playing for those spots, including goalkeeper Patrick Schulte, who is perfectly fine against a team that didn't really do a whole lot. You know, the goal that was conceded. I don't know if that's his fault by any stretch. Miles was decent enough, I think. But but we're going to kind of look at where did where do these guys fit in the We always talk about that forty man, you know, because you have your twenty three but John, as you've seen, as we've seen from watching these national teams, health is an enigma for.
Speaker 1: Some health transfers. Yeah, the season plan, yeah, you need you know, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta you gotta build up that forty man roster basically who's and we see this for up and down the roster. We got to find out our a depth so that that's kind of what we're looking at from these friendlies, and we'll talk about that either early this week or early next week or late this week.
Speaker 1: Well you know you're going to talk about it early next week with us on Monday, and we'll go through. Okay, so who gets to be added to the forty man and who and Bart's mind gets to sit there and go Now you're out at all as always at Barbs Trime nineteen at the Soccer for Us pod, You've got a meeting. Get out of here.
Speaker 4: By y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, there goes Bartle make get it out of this. There you go like that. Bart actually had the real world come in. Yeah, so Bart had the real world come in, and so he had to he had to bail by ten thirty, all right, So we got him out ten twenty nine. All right. So a couple of notes, and this is going to be kind of random stuff. We're going to update you with all the stories that we have going on probably about another fifteen minutes or so, and then I got to take the boss to the doctor for the follow up and putting onto the cast for the second time. So here we go. Like I said, this is going to be random and I got to say hi to everybody too. What I have on what I have on my computer? All right, So it looks like Luisa Mudio has signed with the Charleston Battery to be their new keeper. How do I know that? It's right there on their two hundred and eighty character apps. So Louisa Mudio, he is up and running now with the Charleston Battery. Also from Laurel Fayler, who if you don't follow and don't don't subscribe to her Patreon to get all the great info that she gives on a daily basis. When it comes to e f CIA Cincinnati, the camp roster was announced for their travel Lucho Acosta's not on it, u Yakubo's not on it. They anticipate Miles being apart once Camp Cupcake is over. Also this morning from Laurel f c Cincinnati, finalizing an agreement to send a Varro Barrial on Loanda Santo's through the end of twenty five with a purchase option, sources confirmed to Queen City Press. Londa Santos has been in the works for several weeks. Barrio all completed medicals with Santos late last week. Joins the club at closing in on the potential signing of Naima. According to sources close to the situation, Barrial, who spent the twenty four season on loan with Cruzero, signed a one year contract extension with FCC prior to completing the deal with Santos. Club options for twenty four and twenty five had been automatically triggered, but this was the last year of the extension he signed in twenty twenty three. And remember this is what we see a lot in order to retain control of the player, and this is what I remind you guys of, and thus the ability to potentially sell him. Still, FCC needed Barril to agree on another extension. Source close to the situation said Barriol agreed to the contract to help get the deal done. Includes a pay raise in twenty six should he return to the club. The four million dollar purchase option with Santos automatically triggers if he plays two thirds basically at the team's matches. FC Cincinnati had expected Cruiser to purchase his contract at the end of his loan last year or for another buyer to step in, and GM Chris Albright had been building the roster around other players, including Barriol's replacement in Luca Origiano or Agiano doesn't want to be in Cincinnati either right now. Barrel joined FCC in September twenty twenty from Vellaz and was a part of the turnaround under pat Noon and in twenty two twenty three All Star season scored a push gust goal of the Year contender, drawing interest from clubs in Europe, requested the loan of Cruzero. Was playing well until injuries impacted his performance late August and playing time diminished. So that's the latest. With Barrial and three hundred thousand dollars loan fees, Santos will be paying for alvar O Barrial. Some stupidity down here, we actually have some good coming out of it and it comes from third division. Bradford City can confirm two arrests have been made in Mead relating to racially aggravated hate crimes and recent home fixtures and separate incidents. West Yorkshire Police detained an individual in the West End during the game against Chesterfield another person in the way and at Grimsby Town on January four. Club staff took immediate action to identify the individual's notify the authorities and sure appropriate action was taken. Both cases now subject to ongoing police investigations. Bradford City as zero tolerance toward racism or any form of discrimination, we urge anyone who experiences or witnesses such behavior to report it immediately in as much as tail as possible to ensure the club can take appropriate action. So good work from our friends in the third division of the English football pyramid. Okay, time to say hi to everybody and then we can go on with all the other news and notes and everything that are here. But once again thanks to Ben Jacobs for dropping by this morning. It was great to see him and great to have him break everything down when it came to Miguel Almeroon, Emmanuel Latte, Live odds On Edward, all those pieces and what MLS means in the world's fear as part of the part of the the transfers and bringing the talent from Europe in the European theater to Major League Soccer. So it's great to catch up with Ben and find out what's going on in his universe, which translates into a lot. But I can't thank him enough for the time and dropping by on a Tuesday, So saying hi to everybody. Morning D. Graham and Alex and Will, Morning Derek, Morning Ropes, Morning Tom, Morning Emilio, Morning four Card, Morning Badger, Morning Thomas. Once again, Morning Will. Let's see and once again, thanks to all of you guys for all of your all of your your comments and your warmth involving the boss. It means a lot, it really does. Morning Michael Head. And once again, like you said, Michael's about a five iron from here east to here. So I can hit a five iron. If I can get it through the trees, I can get a good role. That's where That's where Michael Head is in relation to Office HD. So Morning Dawn Starr, glad that you are in this morning as well. Let's see Morning Jason Nicks. Nicks last night says he couldn't even root for the Medior because they were playing at Mercedes Benz. Morning, Ricky Ricardo. Let's see morning Pars Pars and his newly acquired Aston Villa doing pretty well. Thank you Thomas for the heads up on Ornstein and Latte Las that came in handy. Let's see Morning D. Graham for what it's worth. Thomas says also saw something that suggests Leeds didn't have twenty million in their transfer budget this window. Let's see Morning Shariff, and let's see who else am I missing? See now Badger's got the billion dollar question involving Spurs. What point do LEVI and E and I see get the hint that they're actually the problem. But that's the thing. When you're in charge and you don't have anyone to challenge you in the position of authority, it's not going to be a place where you're gonna sit there and go you know what, I think I'm the problem. I don't know if EGO will allow that, and especially if there isn't anyone sitting there is saying that the Emperor is naked. So I think that might be the issue with Spurs and will always be kind of like Dallas. No one's going to go up to Jera and go sir, I think you might need to step down. That's not gonna happen. So I think the Cowboys and Spurs are kind of in the same boat. Let's see, let's see morning four card four card Barsa needs to stay away from any deal, and I say this is someone who cares very much about Barsa. Yeah, pay your bills first. Please pay your bills first. Only make selling deals at makes sense. And that's true, and you know, I know he's asking a lot, but please just have some common sense. Barsa. Don't know if that's gonna happen. Barsa is probably going to figure out how to sell more boxes that don't exist and try to figure out what's going on. Morning Shariff, Thomas and Tom and Abby. Good morning. You guys are talking about FIFA restrictions, construction. Guys in the house with a kitchen redo. Can't wait until everything is all done, get the dust out. More work to do. And Abby, thank you by the way, Yes, I will let you know if the boss would like a meal delivered from Abby. And and the boss is actually over there and so she saw that comment and very very humbled at that. So thank you Abby for that. It's very very kind. Also on the board and trying to see who else is here. Morning, Harry from snowy and called San Antonio. Yeah, when Cantoror is in Houston and you're about an hour away, that's a problem. So yeah, we're watching the Weather Channel. You've got meteorologist and Lafayette Lousianna for the first time ever. Uh so let's see de Graham and Michael Valverdi and all of you folks. Why does everyone want to leave SEC in this offseason? That is the gazillion dollar question, Thomas. It really is Origianokubo Acosta. That's three heavyweights borry all out on loan. So yeah, that's uh, that's some stuff. So uh that's the that's the gazillion dollar question involving everything with FC Cincinnati. So okay, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? And we'll go back over and see if we missed any of the news, and we'll go over headlines before we get out of here. So because like I said, I got to get the boss to her doctor's appointments. So what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? We probably need to go over juice boxes when it comes to the what you call it a Champions League match day seven. So here we go, Champions League, CBS Sports Network, Bologna Dortmund at three. It is the league that we neither condone, endorse, nor promote. That is happening at right now and it's also being simulcast FS two, Fox Toport this two to NA, Monaco Aston Villa, twelve twenty five been Fica Barcelona two fifty river Plate and in Mexico at six thirty tonight. That's all on two to NA and that is being simulcast on Univision. Galasso Network has Milwauk Cardiff City in the Championship. Paramount Plus has three matches in the Championship Middlesbrough West brom Swansea, Sheffield United, Milwall Cardiff City. Europa League Galatassai dinam o'keeev. That one is going on now, and the matchups in Champions League Atalanta Sturmgraz, Monico Villa, those are at twelve forty five three o'clock Atletico Madrid by A, Lever Cues and Benfica, Barsa, Bologna, Dortmund Bruce. You've a Red Star PSV. Liverpool, Leal, sloven Brotishlava and Stuttgart. All that's being simulcast on VIX, including the friendly. And that gets you through today. So there you go. Let me go through juice boxes really quickly and then we will call it a day, and I'm going to keep you updated on the Boss and everything tomorrow tomorrow. Once again, Tyler's going to join us at nine point fifteen, and then we'll see if the busiest man in the Northeast can join us. But remember Dylan is up against high school basketball, so we'll see what happens. I'm trying to get Dylan Butler on the show. Okay today, Now remember League face today and tomorrow in Champions League at Talanta minus five hundred, hosting Storm Gras at a plus twelve seventy. Monica is slide home favored against Aston Villa at a plus one forty nine. Villa's at a plus one seventy nine. Athletigo Madrid plus one thirty one thirty three at home by elever cusans a plus two nineteen. Benfica is a plus one ninety one, hosting Barsa at a plus one twenty two. Dortmunder road favored at a plus one twenty nine at Bologna to plus two to fifteen. You've a road favorite at a plus one thirty one. Bruis a plus two to thirty one, Red Star to plus three twenty two hosting PSV, who's a minus one thirty nine. Liverpool big favorite against Leel at minus three eighty five leel plus nine fifty and Sloven brought his Lava plus nine fifty at home, hosting Stuttgart at a minus four seventeen. That'll do it for today. Enjoy your Champions League, enjoy your stuff, and we'll be back at it again once again in a little more than twenty two so twenty two hours in about twenty minutes and we'll be back at it again. Thanks to Ben Jacobs, thanks to Bard Keeler, thanks to all of you for dropping by. Back at it again nine oh five tomorrow morning, Eastern Time on a wall pass Wednesday. So whatever's on your mind is whatever's on your mind. Since it's the end of the show, Mocha Platial played safe everybody. We'll update you on the Boss tomorrow and opening kickoff. That means I get to do this