Speaker 1: Yeah'll ripped up.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice? Who you don't help.
Speaker 3: Come run inches as as as a cam shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, kello.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now the three oh three Martino number is probably the most important one. Ones you can spread around, You can put out anywhere.
Speaker 1: For people that want help.
Speaker 5: If you ever hear somebody complaining about something, give us a call at three oh three Martino. If you leave a message anytime, day or night, we'll get.
Speaker 1: Back to you on that.
Speaker 5: That's three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six three oh three Martino. Now, as we do every day, we try to solve your problems, answer questions, take your complaints, and I should mention how you get in touch with us. You know, on YouTube, we have what I call my YouTube morons. They're the streaming audience, and then a lot of people download it. More people download the show monthly than stream it. And then we also we have live streamers, We have downloaders, then we have a radio audience, and of course we do have some Facebook flunkies, and we have other people who find us.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal.
Speaker 5: These are all places for feedback, and you can also get help through those places. You can also get help through nextdoor if you message me or any social medium. Okay, and you can text my personal This goes to my cell phone, folks, I'm not kidding. The only reason I did it through a Google number so I can turn it on and off. But I will get your text So if you have a problem, it's not going to go through a staff member. I will give to somebody maybe to help me with, but it'll come to me directly. You can text my Google number and it's direct, it's mine, it's private. Well it's not private anymore, but you can do this number. It's seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. Do you want to remember that it's I like airplanes. Seven four seven nine nine nine is just because I couldn't do ten ten ten and I wanted to be perfection. And then fifty two eighty is the mile high city. Seven four seven.
Speaker 1: Nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: That is a real working number comes to my cell phone. I get all of your texts directly. We also have the iHeart texting app which is five seven seven three nine, and you can text me at any time five seven seven three nine, just put Tom in the subject line, and then of course you message me through YouTube. I get it immediately, and I want to do something. I know we have fun on YouTube, and a lot of times what we do with YouTube is we use it to.
Speaker 1: Really actually for fun.
Speaker 5: I mean a lot of times it's a whole different show going on on YouTube.
Speaker 1: But what I'd like to.
Speaker 5: Do with YouTube, I mean not just this. Of course, you guys can, we can discuss anything you want. But what I would like to do is have instant comments on callers. Now you do that anyway, but I want to get a handle, an instant handle on your impression of calls or problems. I promise you I'm going to take it seriously. Now, obviously you all have your jokes like end this call, or my god, I'm dying here, or this person's moron whatever. I don't mind that, but if you have any serious comments, you make them here. I'm going to try to incorporate that during the call. There's nothing like live feedback.
Speaker 1: During the call.
Speaker 5: And of course you can also text me, so remember that five seven seven three nine through iHeart or you can go seven four seven, nine nine nine fifty two eighty. I'm just trying to give you as many places as possible to get through to me.
Speaker 1: Now, Quorra.
Speaker 5: I used to go on Quorra and answer questions, But god, I don't know if anybody has Quorra, but that that platform has gotten so crazy. Have you noticed that a lot of platforms are just taken over by ideology, I mean totally just taken over.
Speaker 1: Look at I don't mind diversity of thought.
Speaker 5: I like having I don't think lopsided government's good one way or the other. I love variety. I love an exchange of ideas. But my god, it's just amazing how.
Speaker 1: There is no real diversity of thought.
Speaker 5: Now they're they're kind of quashing out non I call them non narratives. Now, before you say, ah, Tom, you're you know you're coming down on progressives and liberals.
Speaker 1: That's the current narrative right now.
Speaker 5: I true feel that the majority of the wave, with younger people and a lot of adults, is toward liberal progressive policies, or at least that is what Michael Brown would call the cabal cabal, the power, the deep state, some people call it. Let's just call it the narrative. There are different narratives at different times. There really are. During the Reagan period we had the silent majority, and he had a narrative that really the country was conservative, no one really knew it, and he appealed to those people, but that he said, that was the real undercurrent of the country. I'm not preaching one or the other, by the way, I'm just saying that. Have you noticed how ideology takes over platforms. They absolutely For example, Quora, Quora poses questions on purpose that beg answers that slam anything conservative or anything Trump related. Of course, so many people love slimmy Trump, but they always and then they ask questions that always elicit compliments and praise for Kamala Harris or Biden.
Speaker 1: It's just the way it is. I'm not giving you my thoughts, I'm telling you that's the way. It is.
Speaker 5: The same thing with other forms of media. They all have narratives. You remember during COVID, COVID everything was vaccination, everything was face mask everything was you know, everyone needs to do everything as opposed to going to those people at risk, as it turns out they were all wrong. Whether you like it or not, they were all wrong. The reason so many people died is they were doing weird protocols when people got sick. They weren't treating people properly. They didn't know how to treat people. If we had it now, it would be a whole different ballgame. But remember, narrative was face masks and vaccinations and government control and mandates, and and Zuckerberg just came out and admitted that he was told to suppress anything that wasn't.
Speaker 1: The narrative for COVID.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that bother you that the government's trying to get involved in these platforms because they don't want us to see certain things, and they suppress the Hunter Biden laptop stories.
Speaker 1: So there are some people that talk about rigged.
Speaker 5: Elections, and they don't necessarily mean rigged in the sense that they stuffed ballot boxes. But what they mean is they controlled what you saw. Now again, you know, I don't get political here where I try to tell you what to vote for, who to vote for. I'm just making some observations. Does anyone is anyone afraid of that that the government pressures companies and only want certain information release. And the really chilling thing is how many people go along with that.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: Because it's okay for censorship. If you're censoring people who disagree with me, that's scary. It's okay to censor those people who I don't like hearing from.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones. Heather called yesterday.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get Deputy Doc's take on this, and I also did some research on it. So she said, let's just get right to the meat of the story. She called paramedics for some terrible menstrual pains. She has cysts on her ovaries, Doc, and she has terrible, terrible menstrual cycles, some of them bursts sometimes and this pain is unbearable, and she called paramedics more than once. Now I've heard of people going through this. It's a terrible thing when they have cysts on their ovaries. And Deputy Doc as that retired obgyn and so I mean there are many people that go to emergency rooms for it. She calls an ambulance and she said when she was in the ambulance somewhere somehow they gave her ketymine. Now ketymine is being used a lot in different circumstances. For pain, anxiety, a combination of those things. Doc, when you were around in practicing, was ketymine used almost never time?
Speaker 1: I never used it in my forty plus years. But did you hear about did you know about it? Success? Still about it?
Speaker 6: But I don't remember anybody using it the way they're using it now.
Speaker 1: Oh frequently. Yeah, and they're especially using it on what on.
Speaker 5: Patients or people that they perceive are overly anxious or will give them trouble. But here's what she called about. And I looked it up and there are there's no scientific evidence to support it. She was giving one dose of this one, and.
Speaker 1: She said, ever since then, she's never been the.
Speaker 5: Same, and she's having all kinds of neurological problems. Nowhere anywhere in any literature anywhere can I find, even on the sites that tend to be wacko, I can find no records, no clinical evidence, no case studies, no predominant side effects.
Speaker 1: For anything they say.
Speaker 5: During usage, you can have some cognitive impairment, bladder and kidney issues, even psychosis if you use it in higher doses, disorientation, confusion and dizziness, and nausea if you use it a lot, and come off it, but normally there's no permanent, lasting effects. She's saying her hands are going numb randomly now and she had to give up her job as a mechanic. She also said it scared the hell out of her when she was administered it because she saw her dead mother and she hallucinated. And that's all understandable. I think again, I'm not a doctor. I'm not even close. I think Heather's having anxiety as a result of the experience. It's like a bad trip. But this numbness of the hands, Look, it could be anything. It could be a pinch nerve in the neck, it could be anything. It could be carpal tunnel. There's so many things. But Heather, I really did some searching to find out if there are permanent, permanent effects from ketamine, and from one dose of ketamine there is not one instance, not one of permanent damage.
Speaker 6: Hey, Heather, how did you find out it was kedemine? Did you ask them what they gave you?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: When did there's the car?
Speaker 8: Heather?
Speaker 4: How long two weeks ago?
Speaker 1: How long two weeks ago?
Speaker 9: Have you mean before for pain?
Speaker 6: Have you seen have you seen a neurologist about your symptoms?
Speaker 10: No, I just said, they just started.
Speaker 9: So I just called I called Tom on everything.
Speaker 5: On every issue I ever ever have, I call him wherever it's medical or whatever.
Speaker 2: But memory losses is a big one too.
Speaker 11: But I don't know, Heather.
Speaker 5: Heather, I know it scared you, and you've said that several times, and I know it really affected you. But I'm going to tell you that your memory loss and your neurological problems from everything I'm reading, Doc, what's the likelihood that one dose of a medication will do this much damage?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 6: It's almost I can't even give you a number. I mean, there are people who have idiosyncre reactions to certain medications, and she may be that one in ten million that had that kind of reaction, But the probability is so small that I think it approaches zero.
Speaker 1: I mean, it really does.
Speaker 5: So I don't know what you want, Heather, when you called yesterday.
Speaker 1: What is your goal?
Speaker 2: Well, just to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I don't want look at when I tell you this. I don't want you to feel I don't want you to feel bad.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to feel.
Speaker 5: Like no one wants to help you. You can get hell, but it's you got to stop blaming one dose of ketamine. See, you're connecting your anxiety and your symptoms with something that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Look at Yeah, they gave you ketymine.
Speaker 5: You keep saying it scared the crap out of you, you were never given it before, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, but that doesn't.
Speaker 5: Necessarily mean it caused every negative effect you're having right now. I mean, I'm just and you know how much I like you and how much we've worked together, And I would never, ever, ever I've helped her before, I would never mislead you on this. You need to see a neurologist or see normal healthcare providers for your symptoms.
Speaker 1: But here's the problem.
Speaker 5: If you go to them and say, oh, I'm having these problems because I had a dose of ketamine, They're gonna think you're nuts. See a lot of times this is unfortunate. We kind of skew our healthcare based on our assertations and conclusions, and doctors tend to avoid those kinds of pay Hold on, I must, I must take this break.
Speaker 1: Just hang on, we'll come right back.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine to zero, sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Artino.
Speaker 5: By the way, we'll be talking to Joe Canno about the market, the stock market, safe investing coming up Joecanos with my Moneymway dot com. I want to talk to Mary. She said she was cheated in an auto sale. Now I will say this could happen, could happen? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Mary? Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 12: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the.
Speaker 2: Called so many TV stations and everybody said they're too busy.
Speaker 1: But no, I don't hold on, hold on.
Speaker 5: If they said they're too busy, I would I would suspect that they're not too busy, that they're just giving you the brush off because they don't think you have a good case. Now I'm going to be honest with you and tell you what I think of your situation.
Speaker 2: So go ahead, Okay, Well what happened was.
Speaker 13: We went to this Michael Autodale on de Summer thirty first, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: And they wait, wait twenty twenty two.
Speaker 13: Yeah, honestly, yeah, we've been dealing with these people for a long time as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, that alone, that alone is major. So you went did you buy a car in twenty twenty two in December?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, So you bought a used car from Michaels. And where is Michaels?
Speaker 13: It is on forty three twenty eight East Colfax Avenue here in Denver.
Speaker 5: Oh on East Colfax. Okay, and what happened? What? What would So you bought a used car? By the way, what did you buy? Uh?
Speaker 2: We bought alexis what year? It was a twenty fourteen and it looked gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Lexus And and tell me what how many miles on it?
Speaker 2: Let's see it was I got the paperwork right in front of me.
Speaker 11: Let me see where is mine?
Speaker 1: Just when you when you bought it?
Speaker 5: Approximately how many miles?
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty two thousand money.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that means you're going to have something go wrong with it, because there's no such thing as a perfect car with one hundred and thirty two thousand. So did you get the car? And again, I'm not trying to trick you. I'm doing what these other media people did not do, and that is go through each detail and tell you some of the problems you might have. So did you get the car checked out?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what happened? Tell your story?
Speaker 2: Well, they sold the car for seventeen thousand, four hundred and ninety six. They sent us, they sold.
Speaker 13: Us a huge warranty and ended up financing us twenty three thousand and sixty two dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the car was seventeen thousand plus warranty.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it all came out to twenty three thousand.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well you know.
Speaker 5: That that right there was the worst deal you could make, but you made it.
Speaker 1: There's no one had a gun to your head.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you know YouTube's already saying that a lot of this is on you.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: What kind of dealer is Michael's, is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know? I mean, so are you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be honest with you, and I'm not going to tell you I'm too busy. But if you bought a car and twenty twenty two, first of all, you're beyond the statute limitations for anything.
Speaker 1: You can't go back after this dealer.
Speaker 5: You bought it with one hundred and thirty two thousand miles on it. You bought it as it. Oh no, no, you had a warranty. What kind of so then, so you financed twenty three thousand. Do you still have this car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sitting here just like it's been now.
Speaker 5: Is the problem you can't get them to fix it under warranty that you bought.
Speaker 13: Well, that's one of the problems. But what happened was, I mean it got it got pretty dirty because what happened was they apparently sold the car by clearing the codes. Because when we brought it home, like a day or two after we brought it home, the check engine came on and we're like, oh, there's something wrong with the car.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, yeah, it's fine. You know, we'll fix it.
Speaker 13: You know, any problems you have, you know, you've got to warranty. Blah blah blah, so we went ahead and.
Speaker 11: Gave it to them, and.
Speaker 2: They gave us a longer car, and they're like, oh.
Speaker 13: We're taking it to Toyota Automation.
Speaker 2: It's getting looked at. Oh, we're going to fix it. They kept telling us, we're going to fix it.
Speaker 13: Oh, don't worry, we're going to fix it until a certain time period lapsed where you know, they.
Speaker 2: Didn't have to fix it anymore, or something.
Speaker 1: Like that or whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even know what you're talking about, Like what was wrong with the car. You didn't tell me that part you said the engine light.
Speaker 2: Went on, But yeah, and they sold us the car.
Speaker 13: So the car had a bad engine, and they apparently knew it, and they went ahead and sold it to us.
Speaker 2: Cleared the code so that we would buy it, and made it look good on the outside. We bought the car.
Speaker 5: We thought it was so Mary, hold on, Mary, I don't like that, by the way, And you're right, that's dirty dealing, is what they did. If they knew it had a bad engine and they sold it to you, that that's not cool. However, it's also probably not illegal. They can sell a car in any condition they want, as long as it's not unsafe, they can say. And even if it's unsafe, all they have to do is make it safe. The only two things they have to do is it has to be roadworthy and that's very bare minimum, and it has to pass emissions.
Speaker 1: After that, everything is on you.
Speaker 5: But what I don't understand is the car you said had a bad engine.
Speaker 1: Did you replace the engine or not?
Speaker 2: They said they were going to replace it, but.
Speaker 5: Oh really, so they offered under that warranty to replace the engine?
Speaker 1: Yes, did they do it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 9: I don't know?
Speaker 5: I mean why, I mean, if you have a warranty and the engine is bad, why didn't they replace it? Usually used car warranties won't fix pre existing conditions. Did they give you a reason they won't fix it? Now?
Speaker 2: They said that they fixed it, but they didn't because we still still have problems with it.
Speaker 1: Did they say they replaced the engine?
Speaker 2: Yes, they actually so that they replaced the engine. But it's kind of a little bit crazy because for six.
Speaker 13: Months they had a car sitting with them and they never fixed anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but right now, I can't go back in time like that. But what I can do is this, You've had it since December of twenty twenty two till now.
Speaker 1: How many miles were you able to get out of this car? How many miles did you put on it?
Speaker 8: I can both look at it.
Speaker 5: Just roughly roughly, I mean, did you get any use out of it? Or has it been down the whole time?
Speaker 13: We finally, in December of last year, they had us take it to a mechanic to get it to actually turn on.
Speaker 11: Okay, turning on literally?
Speaker 8: So yeah, the whole year.
Speaker 2: The whole year, it's sat until December of last year.
Speaker 1: And uh so, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: You never drove it for the entire twenty twenty three until December. You took it into a shop, so you put zero miles on it from the time you bought it till the time you took it into a.
Speaker 1: Mechanic a year later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so then you take it into so it sat for a year.
Speaker 1: Where did it sit for that year?
Speaker 2: Six months? It sat with them in their lot apparently, or went to wherever they said they took it, and they never didn't work on it. And while they gave us a loaner to pacify us and make it.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, so hold on, hold on, So you did have a loaner for all of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: No, only for six months.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, for six months. Then after six months?
Speaker 13: What happened after six months? They said it was June last year. They said, bring us our loaner back or we'll call the police.
Speaker 1: And did they say your car was done?
Speaker 2: No, they towed our car in front of our house and sat it there.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, we'll come right back to this. This is this is this is the most ridiculous story I've ever heard. But Mary, I'm gonna warn you these people may have screwed you legally. I mean legally. I don't know what you can do. We're gonna have to analyze it. Hold on, I'm serious. We have some hard advice for you coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. I want to go back to Mary. Listen, Mary, I'm gonna tell you something. Okay, I don't doubt I don't doubt that there are car dealers that pull shenanigans all the time. Okay, I don't even know what that means. Pull shnangan me.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: They do, They do tricks and scams. While I'm not sure what this was. I mean, I doubt they didn't know about the car. They probably knew the car was what it was. They got too much for the car, they found someone willing.
Speaker 1: To buy it.
Speaker 5: You got screwed, Okay, I don't doubt it. But there's nothing you can but you bought it as is. And here's the thing. You have a warranty. You can you know, you can try to get them to if it's covered under the warranty, you know, get them to fix it. But right now, I'm not sure exactly what you want. Are you trying to get a refund that won't happen? What are you trying to do because you've done so many things wrong.
Speaker 1: When you bought this car. I get you.
Speaker 5: Even though people do things wrong, Mary, it would be a wonderful world if people didn't get screwed because they're ignorant and I mean ignorant of buying cars. There are a lot of people that don't know how to buy cars. But what I want to know is this, Okay, what are you calling about? What do you want?
Speaker 13: I want them to get shut down because we're not the only people that they've done this too, and there's people that.
Speaker 7: Did How do you know that there's people.
Speaker 2: That did reviews on their website about how they got screwed over. And even my neighbor across the street, she told me that they sold them as a car and they were.
Speaker 13: Out three thousand dollars cash because the car was no good when they brought it home.
Speaker 2: She says, she knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Why do you think none of these people are getting these cars checked out?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Probably because they're desperate, or they don't know how to.
Speaker 5: Do it, or right, You're right, Mary, You're absolutely right. Will it cost to get your car running?
Speaker 1: Do you know.
Speaker 13: Alexis said it would be fifteen thousand dollars to fix everything that's wrong with it.
Speaker 5: That's what the dealer said. Did you take it to anybody else to see? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did take it to Bill Krestmore Automotive.
Speaker 1: What did he tell you?
Speaker 2: Let me see, I got an email just roughly.
Speaker 1: I mean, does it need an engine still?
Speaker 2: He said that, yeah, I mean it does. Yeah, unfortunately, so that's that's not a good thing.
Speaker 13: He said that that they have to do an official diagnostic on the engine and all this kind of k so I think.
Speaker 11: That could see.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bo, will you call this dealer? I just want to call it Tom.
Speaker 14: I was thinking, Mary, Yes, the warranty is transferable. Why don't you take your warranty to a now their dealers?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what kind of warranty. She could have gotten, a crap warranty. We don't even know.
Speaker 5: Hold on, all right, Bo, talk to the dealer and talk to the dealer during the show. Let's let's see if we can get a comment.
Speaker 14: When I get the number, Ill called her in this sh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's do that. Bill. What's going on with you?
Speaker 15: Bill?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. What's happening.
Speaker 16: Hey, guys, I got called to do some bathroom repair at the business downtown and it appears that the water is coming from a park that's right next door that's owned by the city Raised planners.
Speaker 5: The Raised planner, Well, so the bath repairs was for leaky water or what for water coming in?
Speaker 16: There's water damage. I attached some photos in an email earlier.
Speaker 1: And is it a business you're working on right in downtown?
Speaker 16: Yeah, downtown, I.
Speaker 5: Said, okay, And you say it's coming in from the city. Did you notify them her?
Speaker 16: And she said she's been in contact with the city and they've said that it's not coming.
Speaker 8: From the park.
Speaker 1: And you're sure it is.
Speaker 16: Right If you look at the photos, it's like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna look at them during the break.
Speaker 5: Here, hold on one second, I'm getting a little behind here, so let me go look at it right now. Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Copy Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Let's go back to the phones. It's important, Bill. I looked at this. The one thing I see.
Speaker 5: I see a lot of water damage, and it's a DoD They own this building or do they rent it?
Speaker 16: I believe they own it, and you're.
Speaker 5: Doing work for them, and the city refuses to acknowledge the water intrusion.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: What do they base it on?
Speaker 16: I don't know they the owner had been in contact with them. So what I'm telling you is.
Speaker 5: Just I need to get their contact at the city. But here's the problem. Those photos you show don't show a park. Are you talking about that little grass area outside of their building?
Speaker 16: So what they have adjacent to that wall where the bathrooms are is a open air park. But up against the wall are two planners that extend out about twelve feet and they arch around.
Speaker 1: And who owns those planters all.
Speaker 16: The city of the city of Lamar.
Speaker 1: It's Lamar.
Speaker 16: What they do, yeah, what they used for keeping the water out? It looks like, well it is, it's a ice and water.
Speaker 5: I mean you just said Lamar, didn't you say it downtown? So it's downtown.
Speaker 1: Lamar, Yes, sir, Okay, Lamar, Okay, okay. And the water is coming from a city park. Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't see that in the picture. That's the problem. But I'm not doubting you. If you're there, and you'd have no reason not to tell the truth here, we probably need to document it. They probably need to get an engineer to fight Lamar. I don't mind contacting Lamar. But Lamar is going to say no, And what do we have to fight it?
Speaker 1: Your opinion? Right?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 16: And but so my question is, if if you own a building that's adjacent to my building, can you burn dirt up again about two feet tall?
Speaker 5: Probably not? I mean, you know that's weird. So no, I don't think I can just go and put dirt up against your your siding and rotted out with water and sprinklers. No, I don't think you can. I mean, this is what's so strange about it? Why are they being such jerks?
Speaker 8: Right? So I reached out to the park.
Speaker 16: And wrec director. I've yeah, sent an email and I'm gonna I'm gonna visit with him and just say, hey, we want to fix these bathrooms. But I can't fix the bathrooms until we stopped the wall.
Speaker 1: Unless the guy's a complete moron.
Speaker 5: So you're saying those planters belong to the city, Yes, And.
Speaker 1: They literally piled hold on. They literally piled.
Speaker 5: Dirt up against that guy's building and put a wall around it and made a planter.
Speaker 8: When you get it.
Speaker 16: Back up, they used a piece of ice and water shield. They rolled it from the dirt up and if you know what ice and water shield is.
Speaker 1: No, I know they thought that would shield it from the water.
Speaker 5: I get it. But so we need to get a professional opinion. I mean, your a professional opinion. I mean, this is ridiculous. This is absolutely ridiculous. You can tell them that you were in touch with me. Tell them, you know what, the the immunity laws do not apply. Once they know there's a condition like this and they refuse to fix it. Tell them that specifically, Okay, there's governmental immunity for the maintenance of city property.
Speaker 1: So he's going to tell.
Speaker 5: You, well, we're immune from all of that. They're not not. If they know about a condition and they ignore it, call me back Bill, Okay, after you talk to them. I'm Tom Martino. This is ridiculous. Three three seven to one to three talker is our number. You never know what you're gonna hear on this show. My God, That's why I do it each and every day, and I love it. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Get your calls in three to zho three Martino three oh three two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Three time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Rip News Need Advice who.
Speaker 1: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Run anxious as can shoots gonna help.
Speaker 17: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Trouble Shooter Show.
Speaker 5: No, Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Here we are helping.
Speaker 5: People solve problems, answering questions, taking complaints, sometimes telling people we can't help them, especially this this this repeating problem.
Speaker 1: Guys. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 5: I say, guys, my my deputies in the studio and also my deputies are my my YouTube morons and everyone else. Uh, here's the problem, man, I'm telling you it's it's terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. And that is when you have a situation where you buy a used car and it goes to hell in a hand basket. As they say nothing you can do about it. I mean there are rare circumstances.
Speaker 1: You can do something about it.
Speaker 5: Rare if someone directly lies to you and you can prove it. You want to go through the fraud allegation blah blah blah. Most of the time you buy something as is or under a limited warranty, and that warranty sucks.
Speaker 1: There's not much you can do about it.
Speaker 5: Get these cars checked out. I don't care where you buy them. Get them checked out independently.
Speaker 1: Karen, Hi, what's going on with you? Karen? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martine him.
Speaker 17: I was hoping you could help.
Speaker 11: Me because.
Speaker 17: Signed like a general contract and I've been listening.
Speaker 5: To your show and now you signed a contract to have work done.
Speaker 17: Well as an estimate. I mean it was like it said, you know, I had a flood in my condo, and it's so the flood happened in May.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the flood happened in May, and and did you was this your fault?
Speaker 1: I mean, did your insurance cover it? Or was it the HA or what.
Speaker 17: My insurance covered it? But they said I did not have to use this contractor.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, then why did you use this contractor I never did?
Speaker 17: I never did I who did you use?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait now hold on, now I'm confused.
Speaker 5: You said you didn't use him. You canceled with him. So you did sign with him and then cancel.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but it was like one of those general like estimate saytans, like there was no detail on there.
Speaker 1: But okay, it was was it, Karen, Was it a contract?
Speaker 17: It was like a general one.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't matter if.
Speaker 17: There was one specific There are no specific details on it.
Speaker 1: There doesn't have to be. There doesn't have to be.
Speaker 5: I mean, now it would be stupid to sign a contract like that.
Speaker 1: But a contract only has to have do I've learned that.
Speaker 5: Now a contractor a contract only has to have a price and acceptance, a general scope of work or what they're going to do, promise and whatever I mean, And then signatures.
Speaker 1: Did he sign it?
Speaker 17: I don't, probably, But the thing is is.
Speaker 1: When did you sign the contract with them?
Speaker 5: Let's just let's just talk about the contract, okay, because it's not going to go away because you don't want it there.
Speaker 1: When did you sign the contract?
Speaker 17: Probably in May when the flood happened.
Speaker 7: And I was like, look, and who did you sign?
Speaker 1: What is his name?
Speaker 5: Sign a contract with who?
Speaker 17: Brian from Spectrum Wood Floors? Okay, colrad okay.
Speaker 1: So Spectrum Wood Floors.
Speaker 5: And then use how did you find them?
Speaker 17: I just think of internet search or okay.
Speaker 5: And then you said you talked to your insurance They said you don't have to use them. Well, your insurance doesn't know squat about this your insurance. Did your insurance know you signed a contract?
Speaker 17: Probably not?
Speaker 5: Okay, So let's get to the right. Let's get to the meat of the heart of the matter. You tried to cancel with him. What does that mean?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 17: So when I saw, you know, he he only came once to my condo and there was no you know communication.
Speaker 1: Did you pay him anything?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 17: I never paid him anything. But on this lean that he filed, he said he delivered materials to my condo and I never even picked out Well, that.
Speaker 5: Would be the only way he could file and lean. But Karen, I want you to.
Speaker 4: Back up a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's a lie.
Speaker 5: How Okay, you signed the contract, you had buyer's remorse, and you canceled.
Speaker 1: When how long after you signed it did you cancel?
Speaker 17: Probably like October October?
Speaker 5: It was so wait wait June, July, August, September, October, five months later you canceled. What happened to the damage during that five months?
Speaker 11: Nothing?
Speaker 15: Wait?
Speaker 5: So you didn't have it repaired or mitigated or temporary or anything?
Speaker 1: Nothing done? No, you didn't have anyone else work on it?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, why did you wait? Why did you wait five months?
Speaker 17: Well, so I have us a a insurance and I don't know that's I thought he was working on it.
Speaker 11: I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got it, So, Karen, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: So, Karen, when when you signed a contract with him in May and then canceled in October?
Speaker 1: How did you cancel? Did you write him a letter?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: I e an email? Email?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you wrote and what did you say to him? What did you say to.
Speaker 1: Him in the email?
Speaker 19: I said.
Speaker 17: I wanted to go with a different.
Speaker 7: Contractor did you give a reason?
Speaker 17: Well, I didn't think it was. Anything was done in a timely matter, and he never even sent me an estimate. And when he sent the estimate, he told the insurance company he was putting in real wood floors, and he had told me he was putting in you know, those laminet floors.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, Karen, don't pick. You're trying to pick apart stuff that's not going to matter. So that's all I'm telling you. If you really want to do this, you got to do it with real ammunition, real bullets.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: So here's what I need to know. What was he doing for five months? Well, he never called you once.
Speaker 17: There might have been a little communication, Like he said, he was just working with the insurance company.
Speaker 1: But okay, and what did he claim he delivered to your home.
Speaker 17: Materials?
Speaker 1: What material product?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like good.
Speaker 17: Flooring or whatever, which yeah, I never picked out any.
Speaker 5: So nothing was ever hold on, nothing was ever delivered to your home.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 5: The reason he said that is because in order to do a lean there has to be work or product.
Speaker 1: Right, So he's lying. Yes, he is flat out.
Speaker 11: Lying yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, So who repaired the place? Did you get it repaired?
Speaker 1: Since?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have, Now this was May of twenty twenty two three, I mean yes, okay, so.
Speaker 5: You since had it repaired? When did he finally put the lien on the house?
Speaker 17: Walked October seventeenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Right after you canceled?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: When did you hire the new.
Speaker 17: Company over Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: The lien will do you no harm unless this guy tries.
Speaker 5: To well wait a minute. First of all, he can't even put a lien. If he didn't, the job will okay, wait, wait, okay, here's what's going to happen. You can sit there and nothing will happen with this lean, and it'll go away unless he forecloses. Has he made any noise? Is he taking you to court? No? He said, Okay, hold on. If he put a lien on your place in October and hasn't done anything since the lean's going away, the lean doesn't stay on there.
Speaker 19: Well, I would.
Speaker 17: Try to go do a release of lean because it's fraud. And they said it doesn't go away till he takes it off of there.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not true.
Speaker 5: It has no teeth. It has no teeth. He can't close.
Speaker 2: On it, right, Yeah, I'm not worried.
Speaker 5: Why do you want to do it? Why do you want to do a Why do you want to do a release?
Speaker 17: Because I want the lean off so I can sell my condo if I want to move, okay. And they said it's not going to go away unless he removes it.
Speaker 5: That's for a release. But you can do a quiet title action.
Speaker 1: Quiet Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why don't you hold on? And we're going to get our real estate. I want to get our real estate attorney on okay?
Speaker 7: Okay, hang on?
Speaker 1: Hang on three.
Speaker 5: Oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five by the way, eight eight eight Heating dot com will look at your ac if you're having problems, or get your furnace ready or give you free second opinions. You have honest people for furnaces, for air conditioners, and for plumbing and electric eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. We're waiting for our real estate attorney. I want to get Kaschina heard me right. I want to get O'Brien Legal Services on to talk about thish.
Speaker 11: I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: A quiet title action. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I want to talk to Joecano my Moneymway dot Com.
Speaker 1: Now Joe has mixed feelings on the stock market.
Speaker 5: I think Joe, we can agree that as you're going through life, there's a place for I think the stock market, there's a place for you know, treasury bonds and bills or stuff like that, and there's a place for overfunding life insurance, and there's a place possibly even for starting an annuity. But as you get older, things change. Talk about that what because I want to make that clear that there are different strokes for different folks depending on their horizon of time.
Speaker 8: I agree with you dom On.
Speaker 20: I think when somebody's young and they have the opportunity to be in the stock market, they can do wonderful things with it because they have the time. They can afford to be in the stock market, to have their money at risk because they have time before they're retiring.
Speaker 5: And by the way, not not all of their money, obviously, even when you're younger, you want a portion of.
Speaker 20: It, that's right.
Speaker 1: You know, people need to.
Speaker 20: Have a safe foundation, a safe foundation. And you know what is I just heard a couple of ads that I heard played actually right before I came on, and they're talking about safe money and that's exactly.
Speaker 8: What we do.
Speaker 20: We do safe money products and safe money strategies so people can build a foundation at any time in their lives. They don't have to be young, they don't have to be all. They can start now where they solid foundation. So if people have a four to one K in the stock market and they're nearing retirement, or maybe they left their.
Speaker 8: Employer and they have a four to one K just being.
Speaker 20: There doing nothing, this is the type of individuals that should be thinking about moving their four a one K is their iras.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this is something I don't think people know. I don't think a lot of people really know when they have a four oh one K unless it's self directed, when they have an IRA unless it's self directed, and when they have different investment qualified plans, and a qualified plan for those listening mean this is what a qualified plan means.
Speaker 1: It means you deduct money going.
Speaker 5: In most of the time except for some and then it grows tax deferred until you draw it out. But even with qualified money, the stock market can can wreak havoc on it. Yes, your returns grow faster, but you can lose it just like any stock account. It's not protected. So right, what about those again? Because I like to be Oh, do I have Brad.
Speaker 1: On right now? I want to go right to him if I do.
Speaker 5: All right, Joe, hang on, because I'm going to ask you about some any sacrifice you might make if you do go with a fixed indextinuity, because not everything is one hundred percent good or one hundred percent bad or one hundred percent appropriate. Okay, Brad O'Brien, this scenario, let's just say, is correct for what you know. Let's take Karen out her word. She hired a guy, she canceled. He put a lien on the house because she never let him get started.
Speaker 1: He claimed he delivered materials.
Speaker 5: He never did. But here's the point. She probably was wrong how she canceled. But the truth is he never delivered anything. He never started work. He just put a lien on there. So Karen, how much is the lean for?
Speaker 17: Like almost five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: All right? So he put it on in October? All right?
Speaker 5: He put it the lean on in October of twenty twenty three and has not done anything. Now, Brad, I was always told if someone doesn't try to perfect the lian that in effect they lose their right to do.
Speaker 1: So, is that right, Brad?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: How long does it take for it to expire?
Speaker 21: So to speak, Well, a contractor has four months after their last substantial work to reporting notice a recording statement of mechanics lean, and then after that they have a total of six months after the last work or after the project was done to start a lawsuit to foreclose.
Speaker 1: On that lien.
Speaker 5: So November December, January, February, March, April. Okay, so he lost his right now to perfect it. So now what happens? It's still there and it's giving your trouble. When she's going to list it, they're telling her, well, you.
Speaker 1: Got to get that lean taken off. Now.
Speaker 5: I had this happen once with me, where a lien was bogus and I showed that I had paid for something and the contractor hadn't but I had, and it was it was bogus, and I was going to sell my house, and I remember at the time, I think I had someone do what was called the quiet title action or something. I'm not sure, Brett Brat, what would be a strategy to get it off of there?
Speaker 21: Well, if it's expired as a matter of law, because they waited too long to perfect it. Then I would normally start with a demand letter to the contractor demanding that they record a release of their line because it's no good. If they won't do that, then you have to go to court and have the court officially extinguish the clean as a record title.
Speaker 5: Is that really involved? Is that what they call it? Quiet title action or not?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 5: And how just dollars and cents? What does it cost her to get this done? If she needs to take the guy to court?
Speaker 21: It could be at least three five grand for starters, even if you get a default judgment and there's no contest in the court. But if the guy wants to contest it to.
Speaker 8: Be north of that?
Speaker 5: Can you get attorneys fees if it's bogush.
Speaker 21: Only if you have a written contract that has a prevailing party attorney feed.
Speaker 5: Provision, So somebody can just clutter up your sale and cost you even if it's not a legit lean.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's why a lot of contractors requardlans even though they know they're not no good as a matter of law, because they know the title companies will not let any transaction close.
Speaker 1: With him on there even after it expired.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 21: Title companies they get practically speaking, even though they know it's not possibly a good lean because they waited to me, that contractor waited too long, the title company still insists on the getting released.
Speaker 1: What a terrible, terrible thing.
Speaker 5: You would think that it would automatically be drop off now now brat another question. Then, is there a way to bond around it? I've heard of that expression.
Speaker 21: Yes, the harmowner can or either side can go well, normally it's the homeowner and start a court action. It's an expedited action where you open a court case to bond over the lean, and you normally post one hundred and fifty percent of the claimed amount with the court. That can be cash, or it can be a bond that you purchase somewhere per cents on the dollar, and then the mechanic or the contractor then proceeds against the bond, not against the house.
Speaker 5: If he's ever going to proceed, but right if he never proceeds.
Speaker 1: You just lose the premium, that's right.
Speaker 5: So on a five thousand dollars as I remember, sometimes, depending on the quality of the lean, it could be as little as five or ten percent to bond around it. So she might have to pay five hundred bucks to bond around it.
Speaker 21: But I think there are at least a couple of grand regardless of one really writing. Yeah, there's underwriting involved.
Speaker 5: Oh, things have changed a lot. I remember bond Okay. I thought bonds were just a percentage based on the quality of the lean. But there's a minimum amounts Okay, okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: So, Karen, it's pain.
Speaker 17: I would never get that back. I would never get.
Speaker 5: Well, no, no, no, Now if they proceeded, yeah that if you buy a bond, No, the bond is for your protection.
Speaker 1: You don't get it back.
Speaker 5: If you post the money one hundred and fifty percent, you're looking at posting seventy five hundred bucks. And and Brad, how long would that have to be posted?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 21: Definitely. So the way to cut that off is to use that same court action to get a quiet titled decree from the court decreeing that the lian is no good. Then the bone can be released.
Speaker 5: So you put up the bonds that you can sell the damn place and then go for a quiet title action after that, well, at that point it's.
Speaker 21: No longer que title action.
Speaker 11: If you post it on.
Speaker 8: It's just a court decree that and with that.
Speaker 5: Still costs Okay, so she puts up seventy five hundred and goes for a court decree, with that still cost her in legal fees about fifteen hundred or two thousand bucks.
Speaker 21: O a lot more.
Speaker 5: Whoa my god? Oh so that at these at.
Speaker 21: Least five grand, even if the guy never shows up and contested.
Speaker 1: Why is it so much?
Speaker 21: There's a lot of steps to do in the court. The court is not cheap o.
Speaker 5: Case, and neither are attorneys, and as well they shouldn't be. I guess if they're working for this now, I want to know this. Then if someone buys it, well no, no, nobody's going to lend on it, even with an old lean right, Why is it if they know that it legally can't be perfected, why are they so skittish about it?
Speaker 21: You have to ask the titled company. That's just what they do.
Speaker 8: They all do it because they all so.
Speaker 5: The expiration means nothing as far as trying to sell a house.
Speaker 1: It still gunks up the title.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: You know Karen, what I would do, and I Brad'll say, Tom, stop practicing law. You don't know what you're talking about. But I'll tell you what I would do. I would sue this guy for the amount for five grand in small claims court, and I would claim that I got an estimate from an attorney, and I would get an estimate for a quiet title action that will almost assuredly extinguish this lean. Will cost you five thousand dollars and the only reason you have to pay it is because this guy refuses to remove it. That's after I ask him to remove it. So I would write I would have Brad O'Brien or attorney write a letter asking him to remove it, and if he doesn't remove it in a certain amount of time, I would sue him, where I would in small claims court for the anticipated cost of having it removed.
Speaker 1: Brad, is that stupid advice?
Speaker 11: Well, the idea is that you're calling the attorney.
Speaker 21: Fees damages and so you're pursuing those damages directly.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Is that wrong?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 21: Not the normally, Normally you recover you try to recover attorney fees after you win on the underlying claim.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would say I'm trying to sell the house and I have to or or I would sue for the amount of the bond seventy five hundred or not the bond, but the posting. Say say, listen, man, I have to put up seventy five hundred and the only reason I have to do it is because this clown refuses to remove it after you've asked them then and otherwise I would.
Speaker 1: Never have to put this up.
Speaker 5: And it's an expired lean, so it's basically punitive and I want that damage. That's no, that's even better than attorney's fee. I you're right, because if you didn't spend the attorney's fees yet, how do you do that? But if you have to put up seventy five hundred for a bond, not a bond for a post for a security, I would definitely go after this guy. But first have Brad write them a letter. Brad, have you ever written these letters before? Oh?
Speaker 21: Yeah, it makes it's a lot of sense because it's it's a lot cheaper to write a letter than to go to court and.
Speaker 5: Do these letters work sometimes sure, because you tell the guy, look, it's impossible for you to foreclose right now, please remove it or we're taking legal action.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much, Brad.
Speaker 5: Brad O'Brien, by the way, Olslaw dot com seven to zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. For all things real estate seven to zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content, plea on top of it.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have Sharon who.
Speaker 5: Has a follow up with a fence issue working with bo Is bo there.
Speaker 1: Can he talk about it?
Speaker 22: Yes, I'm here, Tom, uh, Well, let me bring up her call and the fence issue as I remember, let me see, let me get it here.
Speaker 14: It was from August sixteenth, twelve o'clock hour when she initially called.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, why don't you start on it. I'll find the call.
Speaker 14: Yes, Sharon called about a contractor Raoul, right, Raoul Missoula.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Amazella Amazella was it. I'm trying to get the proper.
Speaker 1: Name, Poorous Exteriors.
Speaker 14: And the person that did the work was Raul Missoula. Did I pronounce it right? Sharon?
Speaker 10: Oh, it's Amazola.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I thought, Azoula. Okay, so go ahead.
Speaker 14: Basically, Sharon and her neighbor paid this Raul money. I think it was seven hundred dollars one time in twelve hundred on a second payment to get a fence done, and they just never came back to complete the job. I tried to contact Raoul several times. I even called poising as a customer to get him to at least call me back. There was no phone call. I even went out to.
Speaker 5: His Wait a minute. So he's got paid for stuff he didn't do.
Speaker 14: I think three checks, right, Sharon?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean initially I wrote a check for twelve twenty five my names.
Speaker 1: But you got zero. You got nothing done?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got nothing, no materials, know nothing nothing, and you paid another check for seven hundred right to him.
Speaker 8: First.
Speaker 7: Between the two of us were into him for three and ninety.
Speaker 5: Dollars, but you have to separate them for small claims court or for.
Speaker 1: For going after him.
Speaker 10: So well, I talked to Bo directed me to call the Denver District Attorney's officers.
Speaker 5: Right because of the Contractor's Trust Act.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And she actually said that because it was one job, it was a fence between our houses.
Speaker 5: Oh, I get okay. I didn't realize that you're right, it's one job.
Speaker 1: You're right, yep. Are they doing anything about it?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 10: She she sent me the form that I can fill out a complaint, and she asked, she kind of directed me what types of paperwork I would want to include any kind of proof that I have, And I have all the canceled checks, all of the you know, text messages back and forth. Most of what occurred between the two of us, I made sure was in writing on text messages and email and that kind of thing. So I've got plenty of documentation. But after all of this happened, and after a month of not hearing, you know, not him not returning phone calls anymore, he had an excuse after excuse. There are a lot of text messages back and forth, and then eventually he just quit returning calls and that kind of thing. I got online, started doing some research and found at least that I know of four, maybe five companies under the names that these people. This, this woman, Andrea Porus always is listed as the owner of the company by Raoul is the only person I've ever worked with.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 10: Last year, when they built the fence for me, it was under dex and More.
Speaker 11: That was the company name. This year it's Porus Exteriors.
Speaker 10: I found one judgment against them in Douglas County, and that's ABR Construction Services. And then I saw another name of a company called Affordable Decks LLC.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, So these people are Sleeves. Now, can you send us that information?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I don't send you anything it needs No.
Speaker 5: I want to say, I want you to send me all that research you did. I'm gonna I'm going to go after them and put them on the Sleeves Brigade.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 8: You didn't.
Speaker 5: You don't have any pictures of this guy or where we can find one, do you of rail or of Poris?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 10: And here's the thing about Andrea. I may have briefly seen her one time last year when they built my fence, and they did a beautiful job on the fence that they built last year. But she's she is under she's in some kind of a protection type program. There was an incident unrelated to this that occurred with them last summer. And I don't even have a physical address for her. Of course, Raoul not living at the physical address I had for him either, But her mail is even run through a clearing house through the state of Colorado. She's what, there's no physical address?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: What is this some sort of witness protection?
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 14: We can't touch.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's used for people who are like victims of domestic violence.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We don't want to. We don't want to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't want to make her more of a victim by by outing her stars where she is.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, but she's screwing people.
Speaker 7: Physical Yeah, so so that you can't I mean, I don't even know how you would serve her because there's no address for her, the listed the listed address for She.
Speaker 5: Found the perfect scam, didn't she now that she's in some kind of protection she's outscrewing others.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now, now the the the judgment I found against them and Douglas County is from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: And Raoul, have you been able to locate this guy? I haven't.
Speaker 14: Tom actually went to his place of residence yesterday and knocked.
Speaker 1: On the door. Oh no, fool and wow.
Speaker 14: And there was no answer. So when I was starting to leave the he was in an apartment two to one, and a lady came out in the basement apartment and said he moved.
Speaker 1: Out suddenly in May.
Speaker 14: And she told me that they're always police and office.
Speaker 5: Hold on, now, is his name spelled Sharon am a z u l o.
Speaker 4: No, it's am.
Speaker 10: Z o l a Amazola.
Speaker 1: Raoul am z La. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to look for this guy too. Meanwhile, people be warned. I got to take this break. Sharon, please, uh, Kashina give her the email at helps so she can send that to us. I need to get that information for the sleeves for GAD. I'm Tom Martino more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's talk to Ed Ed. You have a question on a home title.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 8: Hi? Tom?
Speaker 18: Hey, good afternoon. Yes, sir paid my house off recently. I paid my house off recently, and I was expecting some sort of document to say, hey, congratulations, you downright own this home. But I'm told you get nothing to show your ownership that shift your home is free and clear.
Speaker 15: Is that correct?
Speaker 18: Should I be expecting something? Is there anything that tells me this m belongs to it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes there is.
Speaker 5: You get a release of deed of trust that's filed with the county and they send you a copy. Okay, well that's your that's it. That's a release of deed of trust. Did you also get the promisory note? They usually send you the paid off promisory note.
Speaker 8: I'll have to look for that and see.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's not necessary.
Speaker 5: It's not necessary if you got the release of deed of trust.
Speaker 1: But okay.
Speaker 5: Usually usually they record a release of deed of trust and they send you the original note mark paid in full or a copy of it, mark paid in full.
Speaker 18: Now all these commercials about home titles and things like that, now that it's free and clarigo, I have to worry about that or is that even more of a concern.
Speaker 5: You always have to worry about people trying to pull some scams. But I'll go if you want a listener, hang on, I'll go over why you don't need title lock or anything like that. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check cup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: D news need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have?
Speaker 16: Come?
Speaker 3: Run in as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Coming man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. What's going on with you? And how can we help you? We asked this question each and every day. This hour brought to you by Waterpros dot net. Get the neat plastics out of your water. I don't know if you've heard, but nanoplastics are everywhere.
Speaker 1: There's only one system that gets it out.
Speaker 5: The trip will filter reverse osmosis and it's only fourteen hundred bucks fully installed, but even better than that. Add softening to it and do the whole house system for just thirty one ninety five until Labor Day.
Speaker 1: You have to book it.
Speaker 5: You don't have to have it done, but you have to call before Labor Day. That's this week only thirty one ninety five A great price waterprosnot dot net threeho.
Speaker 1: Three eight six ' two five five five four. I'll bring up.
Speaker 5: Jordan Piano in a minute. Here my moneymway dot com. I was talking to his dad. I want to talk about sacrifices, if any, you make when you do a fixed indextinuity as opposed to a regular investment account, pros and cons, and then when it's most appropriate for you. Again, I don't sell any one thing. I believe in a variety, but there are certain times in your life when certain products are better than others. Steve wants to talk about a car accident and some insurance issues.
Speaker 1: Steve, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was happening Steve.
Speaker 8: It's been a while since I've talked to you.
Speaker 1: Now when we talked last.
Speaker 8: Well, I own a remodeling company. Used to be on your list.
Speaker 5: Oh really cool. What's going on now? What was the what do you have the remodeling anymore?
Speaker 8: Yes? I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's happening.
Speaker 8: It's well, I was on my way home. Car was stopped and I stopped behind it, and the truck behind me did not stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were, as they say, you're rear ended.
Speaker 8: I was rear ended and it did drive me into the car in front of me. Okay, he admitted he miss everything, and the insurance company takes on the responsibility. But I'm kind of confused on where that all works, because here's.
Speaker 5: Here's what usually happens. Usually it's whoever runs into who their insurance covers it. So if the if the guy up front was rear ended, unless he did something egregious, the guy up front gets paid by the guy that hit him, and then it's a chain reaction. However, if the guy did something egregious, the guy upfront pays the guy who hit him. But that's very seldom the case, and it's usually that you're you're they say you're if you had a safe distance, you would not have run into them. Now, if it was intentional, like break checking or something, that's different. But the bottom line is this, your insurance will take care of your card you have collision and the other person doesn't have adequate coverage, or if it's pain and suffering, their liability will take care of you. If they don't have enough liability, you're under insured. Motorist or in the case of no insurance, uninsured motorist coverage would take care of the pain and suffering part. So do you have any specific questions?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 8: I put eleven thousand into this truck over the last year for a few pumps on it. It's a diesel, and the whole front end and new tires in the last month, and they're not offered me very much of that back.
Speaker 5: They owe you whatever they owe you, They owe you whatever you lost. Okay, do you have collision coverage? Do you have collision coverage?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: You can always truck, you can.
Speaker 5: Always go through your own but your own insurance is only going to pay what it's worth. If you add stuff to that truck and and really increase the value beyond normal, you're supposed to up your insurance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was just trucks, like a whole new front end that was a month ago, with new tires.
Speaker 5: How many miles on this truck? How many miles and two and eighty thousand? Well, you're not going to you're not going to get that other stuff. I know what you're trying to say. They're they're paying you. They're paying you for a very very very old truck. Right, yeah, Now the tires, the tires are salvageable.
Speaker 1: Are they going to total the truck?
Speaker 11: They're there.
Speaker 8: The problem is that they're going to toll it and I want to keep it.
Speaker 1: Much will it cost to fix.
Speaker 8: If I take it to a body shop? Fifteen thousand to replace the bed and the bumper?
Speaker 1: What is that? What year is this? Tell me about your truck?
Speaker 8: Twenty ten F two fifty.
Speaker 5: Twenty ten with two hundred over two hundred and eighty thousand miles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's an.
Speaker 5: Well did you say it f two fifty?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, I know you took no matter. I understand you said you took good care of it. But if you were to sell that right before the accident, what would you get for it?
Speaker 8: I didn't never want to sell it, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to prove what it's worth.
Speaker 8: Take care of it.
Speaker 1: You got to prove what it's worth.
Speaker 5: They're not going to hand out money to you. This is an old truck. This is not going to be worth a lot of money.
Speaker 8: And I do understand that.
Speaker 1: What are they offering you? What are they offering you?
Speaker 11: They're offering me.
Speaker 8: Seventeen twenty two if I if I just take the buyout, or seventeen if I keep the truck.
Speaker 5: Okay, and so at seventeen, at seventeen, are you going to fix it?
Speaker 8: I can? Yeah. Yeah, the engine's great.
Speaker 1: That's put learning.
Speaker 5: So if they give you seventeen and you can fix it, then that's exactly where you should be.
Speaker 1: You broke even I mean, what are you arguing about.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what. That's exactly what. That's how the math should work. Very very seldom works out that way. Steve, that that's the way the math should work. If your truck was totaled and you want to keep it, what you get in money should take care of the repairs. Yeah, so what's wrong with that picture?
Speaker 1: Then what's wrong with it?
Speaker 8: Part of my argument is they said that if they if they get the whole truck, then they pay me taxes on it like that, that's right, dollars.
Speaker 5: In taxes because you have to buy another one.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's right.
Speaker 5: If I keep it, they don't pay the taxes, that's right because that's not part because it's no longer a part of your loss.
Speaker 8: Okay, because I'm confused because what I read from it says Colorado revised Statue titled ten Insurance tensh four Dash six thirty nine says that doesn't matter that part of the taxes is part of that deal.
Speaker 1: The part of the taxes is part of what ya No.
Speaker 8: Caller at the law requires companies to pay sales tax. I'm a total vehicle. Regardless of whether the policy alder keeps the vehicle.
Speaker 5: It doesn't require them to pay sales taxes.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, probably right.
Speaker 5: I mean you just read you just read something that does not support your argument.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I read it differently.
Speaker 5: Well, they actually though you're you're gonna get You're gonna you're gonna get sales tax if you went out to buy it. So listen, Steve, I'm here. I still need to ask this question. It sucks that this happened to you, And if it was a newer truck, you could probably get diminished value. I don't know if you can get it on a two hundred and eighty thousand mile truck, but I will say this, if you can fix that truck for the money offering you, that's exactly what's supposed to happen. Again, I can't say that enough. I mean, what were you thinking? In other words, I don't understand if they offered that to you, are you just trying to profit from it?
Speaker 1: What's what are you trying to do?
Speaker 8: No, I'm just.
Speaker 1: You're pissed off.
Speaker 5: You're pissed off that they ruined your truck and you and you think it sucks that you come out.
Speaker 1: Of this with just the truck fixed, right that? Really?
Speaker 8: No? No, If they would fix that truck, I would be happy. But they want to take the truck and they want me to forego the repairs I did in the last year, which I was Steve, would.
Speaker 5: Be Steve, Steve, you said that for the money they're giving you for you keeping the truck seventeen thousand, you just told me.
Speaker 1: It was going to cost fifteen to fix that truck.
Speaker 5: That leaves another couple of grand for tires and a fuel pump.
Speaker 8: Jill pumps are sixty five hundred on that talk.
Speaker 5: Okay, Steve, if you think, if you think we're going to end the conversation now, thank you for calling. If this guy thought he was going to get sixty five hundred for a fuel pump on a two hundred and eighty thousand mile truck. He's got rocks in his head. Okay, they're not going to do it all right. You see, insurance covers damages, it doesn't cover stupid.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling you stupid. Here's what I mean.
Speaker 5: If you overpaid for something, or or or if you chose to invest in something that wasn't worth that much, they don't have to cover it.
Speaker 1: They don't have.
Speaker 5: To cover your choices. They just have to cover value value. Right now, you can get that truck fixed. In fact, if you keep it, you still have your fuel pumps. So I don't even understand. You're not even making sense.
Speaker 1: Steve, help me. You understand this.
Speaker 5: If you if they pay you seventeen grand, did he hang up? If they pay you seventeen grand, you get to keep the truck, so you have your fuel pump. Wait a minute, you have your fuel pump in your tires. So I don't get it. Why do you have to get paid for that? If you get to keep the.
Speaker 8: Truck, I paying five thousand dollars to keep that truck, Steve, Steve, you.
Speaker 5: Are getting seventeen thousand dollars plus the truck.
Speaker 1: The repairs are.
Speaker 5: Well within the seventeen grand plus. You still have the new fuel pump you paid for, and you have the new tires you paid for. You are making zero sense. Okay, zero sense. Sorry, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 11: Moore it up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I want to make a programming note, and that is on a car accident, any accident.
Speaker 1: It sucks. Okay, if it's.
Speaker 5: A newer vehicle or not necessarily newer but not so used, you would get diminished value, okay if you wanted to fix it. But if anyone wants to total your vehicle, because that's what that car was worth a minute before you wrecked it, they have a right to pay you the value of that truck or car. If you disagree with that, you can go to an expert and get it appraise. But maintenance doesn't usually work into the value. It does a little if you had something major. But here's the thing. If you're going to keep the truck, then you're, in essence, they're totaling it and you're buying it back.
Speaker 1: That's really what's happening.
Speaker 5: When he bought it back, the net dollars he was getting is seventeen grand. Now he thought, in addition to that, he should get the sixty five hundred for his fuel pump and the money he put in for tires.
Speaker 1: But he is getting that.
Speaker 5: He's getting the fuel pump with the truck and the new tires with the truck.
Speaker 1: So I don't understand why he.
Speaker 5: Felt he had to be reimbursed for those things. They're in essence saying to him, here's the truck. We'll pay you seventeen grand for the damages we did, less the salvage.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it always happens.
Speaker 5: This way people, And I'll tell you why, because he does have a good point. He had a perfectly good truck before the accident.
Speaker 1: Now it sucks, it really does.
Speaker 5: Patty's got an issue with Sentry Link.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Patty?
Speaker 5: Patty, what's happening? And if she go ahead, Hi, Patty, what's going on? What's happening?
Speaker 12: Well up here, you helped us once before in our community, Pinewood Springs, we have a Century Link landline, had it for twenty eight years up here, okay, and it's always been it's always been reliable.
Speaker 5: You still hear me, ton, Yeah, but they don't maintain him anymore.
Speaker 12: We're fine here, they don't maintain the Actually we're on the other landline with Century Link trying to tell them we had power outage last Friday last and for about two and a half hours during that time, nothing that we couldn't access cell phones if there had been fire or medical emergency. No backup from these batteries that supply our landline. Backup.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, Patty, yeah, once before, hold on, hold.
Speaker 1: On, hold on. You have a landline with Sentry Link.
Speaker 5: Right, okay? Then then what about do you have a cell phone too?
Speaker 12: We have a cell on it right now to you. Well, my wife's on the landline talk in the century right.
Speaker 1: May I ask why you have a landline still? I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: Mountains where pine with springs.
Speaker 12: When the power goes off for any reason, and last week it was a lightning strike somewhere down around Lions.
Speaker 1: When the power goes out for any reason.
Speaker 12: Why when the power goes out, then use our landline. It was always battery backed up at the main section here off the highway thirty six years a cluster where all the wires to our Latin Cannattie.
Speaker 5: I still don't understand. Listen, I just want to understand.
Speaker 1: You have a.
Speaker 5: Landline, so you can use it during a power outage. Yes, why can't you use your cell phone?
Speaker 12: Because we recently got cell powers. Between the town of Lions and Estes twenty miles, they put up cell towers. The towers are now at and T Verizon. Verizon gave us one of those little boosters for the house. But when the hour went out, all those powers went out. There's no cell phone connection.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it, okay, And now now now I understand, so Patty, Patty, and also your your your cell phone is kind of spotty in the mountains are because I'm not hearing all of you. But but here's the here's the unfortunate reality. Okay, Century Link and I know what you're gonna get does not have to provide landlines. And if you don't like what they're providing, they don't have to make it better for you. But they they offer a service. If that service sucks, you cancel it. In other words, this is the this is the reality of growing pains in technology. You're saying, I have a contract with them, they must provide me with service, and you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: However, if they decide and it's not like they take a vote on it, but if they're losing money and they don't want to put a lot of money into the infrastructure for landlines, they don't have to. So then you would say, well, wait a minute, I have a contract, So what are your options if they breach your contract? Your option would be for you to break the contract and stop paying, okay, which you can do at any time. They're not going to make you pay. If you say I don't want the service anymore, then you both part company. What you can't do is what I think you're trying to do. You can't force them to perform it's called specific performance. You can't force someone to perform. It sucks because you're depending you're depending on this landline.
Speaker 1: It sucks. I get it.
Speaker 11: But yeah, yeah, got hit this.
Speaker 5: No, No, I agree with you that you expect them to come through with their service. So well maybe they will. Will they fix the battery packs or whatever?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And I am you saying that country Link. You know we've done this before. We've talked with you, You've helped us in the past. And one of our firefighters here down at the firehouse told me the other day, he goes, well, they would love us all to drop our landlines up here because these battery packs at the community, they're very expensive to come up here and to dig or to do repairs, very expensive. I understand what you're saying. They are obligated. They're just basically pressure me by non service to drop them.
Speaker 5: That's right that you hit it right on the head, Patty, you hit it right on the head. But there's nothing to prov but here. Here's what I don't know what to do in a power out of Joe. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I mean, I'm surprised that the cell towers.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised that the cell towers don't have battery backups.
Speaker 12: That's something that where Towers came in about years ago and they just started up the service at and T was a great provider they and then I talked to my Verizon carrier and says, well, we're gonna switch now because you guys aren't.
Speaker 8: Part of this.
Speaker 12: Well, they got part of the system. So that's what I'm talking to you now. Which even on my little cheap track phone, I can make calls as long as those towers operate. We are bouncing signals and we're doing great. But mister Martinez, I won't keep you. You've made a good point that they are not obligated.
Speaker 7: But it was my feeling that you know.
Speaker 12: They're saying, well, let's not do anything and the guy will drop us. That is a terrible business.
Speaker 5: You know, really it really isn't terrible anymore because they don't want the business anymore. I mean, in other words, it's a pain in their ass.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well hopefully, like I said up here, if you get a generator, and there were a couple of homes that run off of generators when the power goes off, we need to we'd have to go with pro pain to support say a genera generator. But for twenty eight years we've never had the emergency issues. As long as there was a landline, we were always good to go.
Speaker 5: But at Tay Steve, have you ever thought of doing a solar system, an off grid solar system.
Speaker 12: We've got some of those that are I would have to uh really look into that soul.
Speaker 1: Now you can listen.
Speaker 5: You can do a solar system with battery backups and there are with people, there are some really good ones available. I'm serious now, I'm not look at I'm not telling you. You're wondering why do I have to put up with this? And I know why you're thinking this, Oh well, because really we're all caught up with this technology thing. There are a lot of things that are going to start going away and we're gonna be pissed off about it, but we have.
Speaker 1: No choice in the matter.
Speaker 5: They're just being phased out and they're not going to support him anymore, you know.
Speaker 12: So anyway I told yeah, we yeah, all right, Well I hope that people are and I know they do listen to your program and they have heard this and if they have such issues, well then maybe I've helped them too. They know well it's gonna go away.
Speaker 11: And uh, we'll just have to live with it.
Speaker 12: But we'll look into that solar. That solar directly to a battery makes more sense than me putting that pro paint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now listen to this.
Speaker 5: If you want to do that, call a redrocksars dot com, that solar company, or Probidenergy dot com.
Speaker 1: Either one of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's Probidenergy dot com or Redrocks r s dot com. Either one of them can help you. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi TL Marchino, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 5: We have Jeff who has an issue with a car accident. Go ahead, Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey? Tom? How are you?
Speaker 1: Good man? What's happening is this?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: I gotta I gotta stop you one for you. I'll try to be as quick and sixcinct as possible. I was in an accident involving total of three cars. Car A which is the idiot hit car B, CARB hit me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: This guy was going like sixty miles an hour in a thirty at a stop light. We were all to stop light, so I get out. The guy truck behind me, big f one fifty XL got hit by a dodge. Uh, some kind of a dodge.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well whatever.
Speaker 5: The guy that hit you is responsible to you. The guy that hit him is responsible to him.
Speaker 11: Well, oh that's a lot. Okay.
Speaker 5: So the guy that wait, wait, wait, who's telling you differently than that?
Speaker 11: Okay? The guy that caused the accident didn't admit, you know, he admitted he was wrong. He had an insurance company out of Texas called Trexas. Now they are telling me.
Speaker 17: That.
Speaker 5: Okay, first yet, guy, just tell me, just tell me what they're telling you.
Speaker 1: BRN, What are they telling.
Speaker 11: Okay, well they called me a couple of weeks, so finally it was about what did they tell you? Going on for two months now? They offered me four dollars for totaling my car.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, so car A is going to pay for all of them?
Speaker 11: Well they are, okay? Okay, Well hold on.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Jeff, Normally, normally.
Speaker 5: That doesn't happen so easily that that car A would take the responsibility like that. So are we we're not talking about responsibility here now, we're talking about the value.
Speaker 1: Is that what we're down to right now?
Speaker 5: Because this happens all the time that they're offering you a price you don't think is fair?
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 11: Actually I was okay at the price.
Speaker 1: Okay, then what's the issue?
Speaker 11: Well, she said, well, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: Are they totally your vehicle?
Speaker 11: They toted my vehicle, which I can keep.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'm okay with It's not that bad.
Speaker 11: It's a bit, it's a mess up bumper. They shattered my back window and put fits in my back Okay, So.
Speaker 1: What's the real issue? Hold on?
Speaker 5: I want you to tell me the real issue, but I got to take a break. I really want to hear this three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know we have been slammed with calls, and I'm sorry Jordan with my money Myway dot com. I'm not getting to right now, and I'm gonna try. I talk to his dad a little Joe Piano, and I'll try to get to him, but we have another hour to go as well. I just want to remind people, and I do have some text questions for him. But Jeff, I want to get to the issue in your accident and let's get you some help. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: You're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five to five. Jeff, So these guys, what is the issue. You're you're not disputing the money, keeping the car, getting it fixed.
Speaker 1: What's the issue?
Speaker 11: No, I'm not even a fixer anyway. Here's the deal. So, well they offered it. She goes, well, but there's a problem. The guy that was pushed into me with his car b he still had a loan on his truck, so he had full coverage, so they must have offered him something. He said, nope, I'm going to go through my own insurance company. So she goes, well, you may get lesser, you may get less money now because of this.
Speaker 1: You know why, right? Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you why. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 11: It was with a crapload of money.
Speaker 1: For one Jeff.
Speaker 5: Jeff, listen carefully, I'm just going to cut to the quick here. He has a limited amount of liability, so what they were doing is dividing up the money between the two of you. If this guy said, this guy said, I'm not taking it. I'm going to go through my own insurance and then his insurance is going to.
Speaker 1: Sue that party. That's called subrogation.
Speaker 5: And if they get more money, you get less money.
Speaker 1: And they're telling you the.
Speaker 11: True they're giving him twenty eight dollars, yeah, which is over to twenty five. So I'm like, what, I don't get that? What do I get zero?
Speaker 5: No, you don't get zero. But you can only get Here's what you have to understand. You can only you can only.
Speaker 1: Get what coverage they have, plus go after the owner.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you have to make a choice if the owner of a let's stay. Let's just make it simple. Let's say they have twenty thousand in coverage. I know they have more, but let's just say it's twenty thousands.
Speaker 11: She said it was twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's all he has in liability.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the state, the statement of them whatever.
Speaker 1: If that's the case.
Speaker 5: Said, if that's the case, okay, you're not going to get and that guy gets twenty five, you're not going to get anything.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: But well, Jeff, you know, where does the money come from.
Speaker 1: It doesn't come from heaven.
Speaker 11: One thing I don't understand is the guy that caused the accident still had a temp plate on his truck. I highly doubt he paid a cash for it. I highly doubt it he has What does that mean?
Speaker 5: What do you think full coverage could be the state minimum?
Speaker 1: Damn man, Listen, Jeff, Jeff, you just.
Speaker 11: Getting nothing out of an as I had insurance, Jeff, but.
Speaker 5: Nothing, Jeff, Well, I don't even know what you're talking about. If the guy who calls, Jeff, if the guy who calls the accident listen to this carefully, if he doesn't have enough coverage for all of you, they can decide to pay only the guy that they hit, okay, and and if they don't have any more money, you have a choice. You can use your own collision coverage, or you can go after the guy in car B that hit you, or you can go after the guy in car A. The fact that he doesn't have insurance doesn't mean he's not liable.
Speaker 1: He could still be liable. But does he have.
Speaker 5: Any money if you go after him? You see, it's not that you're not entitled to the money. You are entitled to it, but you're only entitled to it if you can get it. If there's no money, you can't get it. Let's just say some you know, like like, I don't know how to explain this to you, but if if those cars were driven by poor people with no insurance, you would get nothing.
Speaker 1: That's life, all.
Speaker 11: Right, you know. Well that's what it seems to be anyway.
Speaker 5: That's why listen, Jeff, that's why you got to carry your own insurance.
Speaker 1: Do you have collision coverage?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 11: I had, I had state minimum coverage.
Speaker 5: Okay, well then you have the same thing these people have. Let me put it on you. What if you ran into somebody and they ran into somebody. What if you were the guy in the in the back of this line and you caused the accident, and you have state minimums? Right, how would you pay more than what you have in coverage? How would you do it? Would you sell your house?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 8: You know, get that flash.
Speaker 11: I've put out three hundred of my own money already.
Speaker 1: Listen, Jeff, I had to fix the back windows.
Speaker 5: There's nothing fair. There's nothing fair about any of this. I'm not saying it's fair that the minimums are way too low. Okay, that's just the.
Speaker 1: Way it is.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, leave time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: So you don't have come runs as.
Speaker 11: Fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martine, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Want to talk to you about your problems.
Speaker 5: Question complains Jordan Kiano's with us with my Money Myway dot com, and I want to ask him a question because this is something I get every time we talk about fixed indextinuities. By the way, that's not all they do at my money my Way dot com.
Speaker 1: They also do overfunding. They do fixed indextinuities.
Speaker 5: They do overfunding of life insurance, which, by the way, in my opinion, is like a mini annuity. Basically, it's a do it yourself annuity, where with life insurance where you overfund it on purpose. A lot of people think it's about the life insurance.
Speaker 1: It's really not.
Speaker 5: It's about overfunding and having cash value grow tax free, and then you borrow from it later in life and you almost use it as auxiliary income. And because it's alone, you never pay tax on it, and then the life insurance proceeds can pay it off if you don't pay it off.
Speaker 1: Jordan, that is like a mini annuity, isn't it almost.
Speaker 11: It's almost like that.
Speaker 9: I almost always kind of say like a rock on steroids as well. You know, because you hit it right on the head, tax free money, you get guaranteed growth tax your money, but liquidity just as you mentioned to pay stuff off.
Speaker 1: In patiently guaranteed security too.
Speaker 5: You'll never lose it, right So, and by the way, so that's one thing.
Speaker 1: Overfunding life insurance.
Speaker 5: Anybody can do it at any income level. That's a really good starter for everyone with a portfolio. Then when we talk about a fixed indextenuity, let's talk about a more sophisticated person. They're investing money and they have upside potential with the market. They have upside potential here and there, but once you put your money into a fixed inextenuity. You're settling for a fixed return. Again, it's guaranteed and it's fixed, and then you're settling full or a lack of well, it's not total lack of liquidity, but some because your money's tied up and then in exchange for that you get income.
Speaker 1: So could that ever come back to bite anyone?
Speaker 5: I mean, I would say you don't put every dime you have in it, and there's always room.
Speaker 9: For it, right, right, I would say you know two things. One is it's most times it's pretty much the same rules or a lack of liquidity for four one k's iras. That's right, it's similar.
Speaker 8: You're not changing too much on that.
Speaker 9: But to your question, I would say you don't everyone's everybody says, don't call your eggs in one basket, right. I think it's smart to have something you can count on guaranteed, and that's where this product fits. For anybody who's ready for retirement or getting into that age fifty to fifty five plus, this is the time to start having a basket. That's the silver line to never break with those eggs, and that's where gives you growth without root the risk of going down, and you also have that guaranteed component no matter what.
Speaker 1: So can you borrow from an annuity if you need money.
Speaker 9: You can't borrow, but you can take distributions out of it, so that most companies they let you have up to ten percent, uh, you know, withdrawals, and that's something that just as you mentioned, if you're not ready to turn the income on and have a set paycheck yet, but you have an emergency you need some extra cash, that's where these products do well. You can get some access to it, unlike some four one k's where you might have to prove to them hardships, loans, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: College education.
Speaker 9: You don't have to do that with with this product.
Speaker 5: But if you take then that's ten percent less your money's grown, I mean ten percent growing in your account, and that'll affect ultimately your income.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it correct?
Speaker 9: That would that would also yeah, exactly dependent on you know, whether it's wroth or not the infant side, but to your future income. As you're saying, if it doesn't make it back up, or if there's no additional contributions at it over those years, you're right, then it could reduce the payout just slightly.
Speaker 5: Now it's up to ten percent without penalty, But is it ten percent or less?
Speaker 1: Can you take less than ten percent?
Speaker 9: You can't take? Yes, yep, you're you're saying it correctly, yep.
Speaker 5: And do you pay tax since you paid tax on that money and you take out ten percent?
Speaker 1: Are you taxed on any of the growth?
Speaker 5: Do they take a portion of the growth and assign it to that withdrawal?
Speaker 9: Again, that's a good, good question that will be based again if it's raw or traditional or non qualified. But most times they will ask if you want to hold just like anything else taxes or paid in the in the end of the year on your own, but it will add to your income if it's full on Kira money and unqualified.
Speaker 5: But is it all of it considered return or is only some of it considered return?
Speaker 9: So they do it based off of ordinary income up front, and then it's the game thereafter. So again, if it's four on Kira money, this is what the tax consultants will chime in a little bit more on that, but it's going to be traditionally just like a four to one K you'll pay ordinary income on that if you catch out the same with this product. But if it's money that you didn't put it in and it had nothing to do with you sold a house, well then it's just going to be kind of similar. It'll be on the gains that you get taxed on, and that'll be ordinary.
Speaker 1: Income and that's only on withdrawals.
Speaker 5: Do most people ever find themselves withdrawing money before it annuitizes or do they usually wait?
Speaker 11: You know, for most people that I've seen, most let.
Speaker 9: It wait because again, this money was four to one k ira money. If they're underage fifty nine and a half, well, they also have ten percent from the government, so you know, if they're paying let's say twenty percent taxes and ten percent of government, BUTUS thirty percent.
Speaker 8: Right off the top.
Speaker 5: So most have you Have you ever heard of parents opening annuities for kids for college?
Speaker 9: Good point. I would say it's more rare because of you know, age requirements. For a lot of companies you can open annuities.
Speaker 5: Oh, because because you can't, because they can't turn on the income for college.
Speaker 15: You got it.
Speaker 9: Yes, So it'd be more so just with growth and protection. But then they can just you know, disburse the money if they'd like. But it wouldn't have that income side to the benefits of the guaranteed long term care side and all that.
Speaker 8: Because they're too young.
Speaker 5: But you become the banker product. The overfunding of life insurance. Now that you can do for your kids because the cost of insurance is very low and you can overfund the hell out of that for college.
Speaker 9: You got it, and it doesn't have to be you know, we focus on, you know, maximizing growing it for the rest of their life. Well for college purposes. Maybe somebody's got a five twenty nine pen and they're sick of the performance. Maybe he has money that's just grandma and grandpa send him every year. Well, that is it right where you want to dump it in, put it into the become the banker life account, use it for whatever. If the kid gets scholarship's grants, maybe they don't need all this college education money, but they want.
Speaker 8: To use it for homes, books, whatever, Well you can do.
Speaker 9: That with it becomes of the banker life five twenty nine. You get a little limited and of course it rights at the market.
Speaker 1: Hey question, Tom, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Which of these products do you have to take a minimum required distribution from annually?
Speaker 9: Neither of them that would Yeah, the only one you have to do with the if it was four wing Kira money once you're that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: If it's qualified money.
Speaker 5: They look at all of your plans, doc, and the only thing you have to take a minimum required distribution from is a qualified plan where taxes were deferred. So they want they want you to think of it this way. If taxes are deferred, the government wants you to pull at least some of it out and start paying tax on it if it wasn't deferred, and it's going to be tax free like a WROTH.
Speaker 1: Now Wroth by the way.
Speaker 5: While it's tax deferred because the money going in was not deducted.
Speaker 1: With a WROTH, it's tax free.
Speaker 5: So they don't require a minimum distribution on Wroth money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just thought to make that they limit you everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with Roth, by the way, it's one of the few qualified plans where you're not required to take a minimum a distribution.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Frederick. He has a landscaping problem.
Speaker 5: And by the way, that's my money, myway dot com, you know, and I've known these guys for yours.
Speaker 1: Frederick, what's going on with landscaping.
Speaker 11: Tom, I got a question for you.
Speaker 15: I've had a town home that backs up to a open, uh basically common area. The landscapers come by and they use these big zero turn moowers. They have no discharge off of them. Uh you know, so they just shoot rocks and everything wherever they may left the property came back. I had a double paned sliding glass window that was broken. I'm extremely protected with a hill on one side. So I cond type of landscaper he said, Nope, I didn't do it.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is where a This is where a ring camera would come in handy, right.
Speaker 15: It would, wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: But hold on, So nobody's admitting to it.
Speaker 15: No one's admitting to it.
Speaker 1: Damn it. There's nothing you can do about it. I mean you can. It's just like any accusation.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like accusing a kid down the.
Speaker 1: Street, you know, throwing a baseball. I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 15: Well, let me ask you a question. I have video of that same landscaper the next week coming by with it right on mowers and they're discharged wide open and.
Speaker 1: Okay and spread. That's wonderful. That's wonderful.
Speaker 5: That's called circumstantial evidence, meaning I can show you this week what he was doing, so therefore he must have been doing it last week, or it must have been what caused the problem. It's never going to work as far as small claims court or something. It's of honor. If they're not going to if they're not going to pony up to it, then they're not going to pony up to it. Okay, it would be hell to pay to try to prove it. Well, I don't think you could. I don't think like if you two have a small claims card and said, your honor, this is what they do as a matter of fact, and isn't it logical that they broke my window? They'd say, yeah, it's logical, but it's not legal.
Speaker 15: So you don't think it's worth taking this small claims card?
Speaker 5: Well, that's up to you. That's a fifty dollars risk, man. I mean, they might say. They might say, let's settle. How much did it cost you to fix?
Speaker 15: And ninety bucks?
Speaker 5: Holy crap, now did your homeowners fix that?
Speaker 15: No, I haven't even submitted it.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you may not want to. It might not be worth it. It might be the deductible but here's the deal. Okay, if you take it to small claims court, you you really have no direct evidence. And if these guys simply say, did not do it, we were not mowing that day, how do you prove otherwise?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm asking you.
Speaker 5: If you had a witness, if you had someone, it would be different. See, the courts don't work on logic, like you're thinking, not logic, but circumstances. They don't say, well, yeah, well it seems and it is kind of logical. Well it seems logical, or it seems reasonable that these guys do this every week on this day, and one day he comes home and finds his window cracked, and here's what they do.
Speaker 1: But it's it's just not fair. I mean, it'll never happen.
Speaker 5: I could never see them a judge saying, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, what do you I mean? I just don't see it happening. So it's up to you.
Speaker 5: You can ay, you can file. It's fifty bucks, go ahead and see what I mean. They might want to settle, but maybe not. Are they a big landscaper or some rinky dink.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't really know to be honest with him.
Speaker 11: I don't know how.
Speaker 8: Big they are.
Speaker 15: I know it's family owned, but I don't know how big they are.
Speaker 1: Well, how do they think it happened? Did they mention anything?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I was told that there was a windstorm and a pine cone probably came and broke the window.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I live in a very protected I've got almost a forty degree hill.
Speaker 5: No, I get what you're saying. Listen, I know where you're going. You're going for the circumstantial evidence.
Speaker 1: Yep, but it's not.
Speaker 5: I mean it's weird, but well, I don't know if it's weird or not. I mean, if we could convict on that or win on that, that would be a that would be a pretty scary thing. You have to have some direct evidence, some eyewindows for something something.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, so you listen, Like I said, it's a fifty.
Speaker 5: Dollars gamble, so instead of six hundred and fifty, it'll be seven hundred dollars loss, and you may want to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if.
Speaker 5: I would go through that trouble three all three, seven, one, three, eight, two five five.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 5: Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi, Tom Marts, you know here?
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Wow, we got some a lot of different problems here. I want to get to Gene.
Speaker 5: What is this tenant landlord issue? I'm hoping it's not that difficult. Maybe we can help you. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Jean?
Speaker 23: Well, I have been told that that the renters do not want to move out. They owe eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute. This is you're a landlord? Yes, and they owe.
Speaker 5: Eight thousand dollars? And why did you let it get that? How many months does that represent?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 23: What they did was one party paid half and the other didn't pay anything and they kept promising that they would catch up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but as far as you're concerned, though, they're both on one lease. Or did you only charge half to each other?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 23: No, no, they were both on the lease. But the one gentleman feels like he's paid every time and that gives him some rights.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't not if they're on one lease and only half the rents paid. So listen, you got to proceed for an eviction. Don't hesitate. Call an attorney and get an eviction.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Well I did call an attorney, and they sent me the particular document that I'm supposed to fill out, and he said, now I want you to know that if you do fill out this document, that these people cannot rent anywhere ever again in Denver. And I thought that was well, first of all.
Speaker 5: Why does this attorney even have to tell you that? What attorney is this that you?
Speaker 1: You? You called.
Speaker 23: I belong to a little club and each month you pay a fee. Most of the time you don't use it. But if you what do.
Speaker 1: You mean a club?
Speaker 5: You're not you're not talking about pre paid legal, are you?
Speaker 23: No, it's just a monthly payment you make uh to a group of attorneys, and they then what.
Speaker 1: Is it called? I never heard of? So what is it called? Is it it's not prepaid?
Speaker 6: Legal?
Speaker 1: What is it called?
Speaker 23: I think the name of it is legal trade. I'd have to look it up.
Speaker 5: My Okay, listen, listen is it now? Do you have to pay extra when you do this?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: Or will they do the eviction for you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 23: They don't the eviction. They answer questions.
Speaker 5: Okay, how much? How much do you pay a month for this?
Speaker 23: Forty five dollars?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm your wasting money? Holy crap, what a waste of money?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 5: You can get any answer you want on the internet. Have you ever heard of artificial intelligence?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Listen, I wouldn't. I wouldn't pay that for any If they're not look it. If you want to get an eviction done, call a real real estate attorney olslaw dot com Brad O'Brien and have them do an eviction. Do not wait, and it's not your concern. If they can rent again or not, that's up to them. They can cure the default and stay there. But you can't be concerned with that gene because you're going to be left high and dry.
Speaker 23: Okay, Well, I realize I'm never going to get that eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, who says you won't. Who says you.
Speaker 23: Won't, Well, I don't want to go through a court battle or anything else. They don't have the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, If you don't want.
Speaker 5: To go through a court battle and you're not going to get paid, then what does that mean, Because you're going to have to go to court or have an attorney go to court to get an eviction. So so, Gene, just keep it the way it is, then they'll stay there forever. You got great tenants paying half rent.
Speaker 23: No, I don't want them to stay there, but I want to get them out?
Speaker 5: What were you hoping I would tell you? Because no, No, seriously, now, Gene, I mean this. I'm not being disrespectful.
Speaker 1: What were you hoping?
Speaker 23: Squatter's rights people are telling some people that don't know anything legally have been telling me that because they have been paying half for a while, that they can have squatter's white rights. And I don't understand squatters.
Speaker 7: What they are.
Speaker 5: Listen, there's no such thing, okay.
Speaker 1: Just what a squatter right.
Speaker 5: Is is if they stay in a place and claim residency. Okay, and just please please talk to an attorney and not these idiots that you've been talking to you. These people were paying half rent. They violated the lease. Get them out of there. When is the lease up?
Speaker 23: Oh it's expired.
Speaker 1: Get them out of there or you're going to be sorry.
Speaker 23: Well, I'm trying to figure out how to do it.
Speaker 1: I just told you.
Speaker 5: You call an attorney and let them do it. It will save you money every month. You're losing money every single month.
Speaker 23: Correct, But it is very, very expensive for the attorney to do it. And what they know it isn't tell me.
Speaker 1: No, it's not expensive.
Speaker 5: No, listen, how much a month are they paying in rent?
Speaker 23: Two they're supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Paying and wait only two thousand and five hundred? And what do they pay?
Speaker 23: Well, the sun is paying half one two hundred and fifty. The mother had surgery and has been paying nothing.
Speaker 5: Okay, so listen, So every month you're every month you're paying twelve hundred bucks, You're you're spent. You're losing. In fact, you're probably losing more than that.
Speaker 1: Is it an apartment or.
Speaker 11: A house, a house?
Speaker 5: You're you're renting a house for twenty five hundred? Where is this house.
Speaker 23: In our battle?
Speaker 5: What do you think that house is how many bedroom house is it?
Speaker 23: It's two bedrooms with a shutter that you can close off to make a third bedroom.
Speaker 1: Or does it have a garage?
Speaker 23: Yes, has a garage.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what your average rent is for thousand? What do you think your average rent is for that? Well, I'm not three thousand, two hundred dollars, oh, which means you can get even more than that. Listen, Gene, I can only tell you so many times the right answer, and it's not I'm not going to tell you the wrong answer after telling you the right answer, Call Brad O'Brien, O'Brien Legal Services, get it done correctly, get it done immediately and get good tenants in there.
Speaker 23: I want to write that down, would you yes?
Speaker 5: O'Brien Legal Services, Kachina get her the number please three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. It's olslaw dot com. Get her that number please. So we because I don't want to do it on the air. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Jordan Canno. Somebody wanted to know what's the minimum somebody can get into overfunding life insurance to do a cash cash value.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh so the minimum is I mean really gonna be round like two and fxty bucks a month. I mean it's that low. And then it's people are under the age of twenty one or eighteen, you can get it even lower.
Speaker 8: Grandparents like to you maybe do one hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can do it more if you want to accumulate.
Speaker 7: Cash faster, right, Oh exactly.
Speaker 9: And if you have a lump sum, you can dump it in there and it will shargo on day one and it's accessible up to ninety five percent.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's my money, myway dot com three oh three, seven seven nine sixty six hundred Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three out three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his own only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tomwarks, you know here at three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Bill has a question on home title theft. Go ahead, Bill, what's happening?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 24: How's it going?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 24: I was watching TV last night and someone they ran a commercial to it with some kind of insurance to protect the title.
Speaker 15: To your house.
Speaker 24: They made it sound like someone could steal it really easily.
Speaker 5: You know, I mentioned this before and I didn't get back to it, and I gotta I chastise yourself for that.
Speaker 1: I said, why you don't need title Locke let me.
Speaker 5: I know they advertised a lot here, but let me just explain the reality.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The only thing title Lock and all of these do, The only thing they do is notify you if something is recorded against your home.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Many of the counties have started doing this free of charge if you sign.
Speaker 1: Up for the service. But title Lock does not really lock anything.
Speaker 5: They can't prevent me from from Anyone who wants to commit fraud can do it.
Speaker 1: They can.
Speaker 5: What when they talk about title that they make it sound like all I have to do is file a quit claim deed and I own your home.
Speaker 8: That is just right, It's just not true.
Speaker 5: Now, if you have a home, I can file a quit claim date Bill.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 5: If your home's paid off, that means I own it free and clear. If it's not paid off, that means I own it subject to the security meet Theoretically, what I mean is this.
Speaker 1: A quit claim says this very clearly.
Speaker 5: A quit claim says that I quit my claim to any that you have, any claim that I have in that house. So I can legally, right now, I can legally write you a quit claim deed you Bill to the to the Brooklyn Bridge, Okay, or to a house, or to the Empire State Building.
Speaker 1: Because all it's saying is.
Speaker 5: Whatever Tom Martino owns in this Empire State Building is now conveyed to Bill. If it's nothing, then nothing is conveyed. So here's what they tell you happens. When your house is paid off, they write out a quit claim deed to themselves or to a friend, and they forge your name.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely true.
Speaker 5: Anyone can do it at any time, and they can file it sometimes even online without ever going into the courthouse.
Speaker 24: So so they would have to prove it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. All it is is a claim. It is not a deed. It is not a ownership document.
Speaker 24: So well it didn't sound right.
Speaker 5: What LifeLock would do is notify you that you have something recorded. Then you would have to go and fight it, just like you would have to fight it anyway. There's nothing locked about it. You're fighting the claim. But it's easy to fight. But I will tell you this, it costs you money.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 5: I mean, because what would you do if you found there's a quit claim deed on your house. Well, it would be a pain in as you would have to go and do a quiet title action. It wouldn't take much. You could get it done pretty damn quickly. But LifeLock isn't doing that for you. All they're doing is notifying you. You still have to hire an attorney and fight it. Okay, So I don't get it. I just don't get it because you know, being notified, Yeah, is that useful?
Speaker 1: Sure it is. But you can do a.
Speaker 5: Damn title search of your home quarterly if you want, for a few bucks, or or yearly if you.
Speaker 1: Want, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, but even if you find something on there, it doesn't mean they can foreclose on your house. And if they go out and get a loan on your house, do you know how many notaries they would have to defraud, how many defrauded or excuse me, fraudulent notaries they would have to use, or banks that are stupid to.
Speaker 1: Loan money on a house.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, it just doesn't happen like they say it does.
Speaker 1: Now. We have found cases.
Speaker 5: Where it has happened and the people had to fight to get their house back. I'm not going to tell you it never ever, ever happens, but they make it sound like, oh my god, I'd better lock this title where now I got the key. There's no locking. The county doesn't have a mechanism to lock it. In fact, I thought some counties were working on it. Dennis has a quick comment on quit claim deeds go ahead, and it's not quick as in fast. Everyone says quick claim deeds. That's how I know they're morons, because what it is is a quit I quit my claim and I'm conveying it to you. It is a quit claim deed go ahead, Dennis.
Speaker 19: So, Tom, you just mentioned real briefly that some of the counties are working on a process, and that's what I was actually calling in about Thank you Douglas. I know Douglas County has already got it in place. They're going back and scanning all the deeds and any time that your name as the owner of the property shows up at the county for a change of anything, then and they send you an email and notify you that this and this happened.
Speaker 5: Wonderful, that's wonder And see you don't have to pay for that, do you No.
Speaker 15: It's free.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and I think that that's something that most of the counties are doing right now in Colorado.
Speaker 1: So why would you ever need a title lock? You don't, of course not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, well, thank you very much. I appreciate that information, Dennis. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five Frank, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: I want to try to squeeze you in here.
Speaker 5: I want to remind people of my money myway dot com three oh three seven seven nine sixty six hundred seven seven nine sixty six hundred. I'm going to try to squeeze him in again, Frank. What's going on with the collecting money from a contractor?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Can hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Are you Are you the contractor? Are you the client?
Speaker 25: I'm the contractor?
Speaker 5: Okay, and you can't collect well you know about leaning property right?
Speaker 25: Oh yeah, but it's been it's almost a year now.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, it's too it's too late. It's too late. What is it owed for?
Speaker 25: Oh, sociding work?
Speaker 5: Are they let me ask you this, Frank? Are they denying you did the work? Or are they saying it wasn't good? What is their excuse for not paying?
Speaker 25: Well, no, they're not denying us. They're they're want to pay. It's the problem is they trying to rEFInd us they was insurable because they had bad sighting, so they contracted us to replace it so it could be insured. Yeah, and so in the process he was he's a veteran, so he's been going to be a loan from some company I guess.
Speaker 8: Uh and uh.
Speaker 25: So the son doesn't talk to them, but he's on the deed, so he wouldn't go to the signing the of I guess to pick for work to do the loan. And so he's working to get him off.
Speaker 11: I guess.
Speaker 25: My question is that something he can do or or kicking.
Speaker 1: On and now he's on the deed? Is that right?
Speaker 5: You know, the son with the parents and so so three of them are on the deed.
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 25: Well, not the mom the mom, just the dad.
Speaker 1: The dad and the son are on the deed.
Speaker 5: Neither one of them can get rid of the other without without the others consent.
Speaker 25: Okay, because he's been trying to do with the dogs and the judge is going just you.
Speaker 19: Know, the court.
Speaker 16: Month.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna get Brad O'Brien on the air tomorrow. We're gonna talk about this because this happens more than you think. If there are two people on a deed, and there is no partnership agreement, then you have to go through what's called the partnership laws in the state. In other words, when people are when people own something together in the absence of an agreement, there is an implied agreement that the state has and then unfortunately it calls for dissolution, which means they would have to sell it and divide the proceeds.
Speaker 1: It really gets sticky.
Speaker 5: But I'm hoping Brad O'Brien would have another answer, Kachina, would you get Brad O'Brien on tomorrow with this guy.
Speaker 1: This is a very important question.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, Jordan Piano, my moneymway dot com.
Speaker 1: These are people you can trust. Three o three seven seven nine sixty six hundred. Don't forget folks. Three oh three Martino for help.