Speaker 1: I'm very excited at the top of the hour because we have food news, and anytime there's food news, I'm stoked. We will definitely get to that. But man, it's been teased, it's been talked about. Right now it's time for this. Yeah, it's time Texas Rangers. Yeah, wow, it is baseball season.
Speaker 2: No, yep, it's a baseball time in Texas, you might say, Okay, so this is very strange. The Rangers hired for the first time ever in Bruce Bochie's career. He's their old manager. If you didn't know, they fired a coach, It's never happened with him ever in his career. He's like the oldest guy. And they hired a podcaster to be their new hitting coach. Oh my god, did they hire Rogan? They didn't hire Joe Rogan. They hire Theo Vaughn. They didn't hire the lady from Cereal. Okay, this is Brett Boone. Brett Boone just played for the Mariners, A little short guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jose Conteko accus tim of taking steroids back in like the two thousands, although they never cross paths like you can go look it up. Apparently the research has been done like, I don't know, and Teko claim to his book that Boone told him he was doing steroids, and then like you look it up and they're like, there's never a path where they were in the same place at the same time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, can Saco's really credible, I know, but I do think everyone was taking steroids pretty much every player. I'll tell his player except Ben Greed.
Speaker 2: Well, Michael Young wasn't he had an extra grind. And this the reason I pulled this is two reasons. Ay, the Renier's new hitting coach is on a podcast breaking the news to everyone that he's been hired as a new hitting coach. B how it happened. And actually the third thing is why Dirt Novitzky really needs to be involved with the Maverick still okay, the idea that he is not. You will find out in about ten or fifteen seconds why it's important that guys like Dirk are involved in the organization. Still moving forward.
Speaker 3: This completely came out of left field.
Speaker 2: It started.
Speaker 3: I went up to USC, my alma mater, I threw out a first pitch. I ran into an old buddy of mine, Michael Young, and he's with the Texas Rangers, and we just started talking and you know, we had a ten minute conversation, gave each other a hug. I said, give see why which is Chris Young, my new boss, the president of the Rangers, and obviously the skipper Bruce Bochie's who is this I played under in two thousand, but we become you know, I've been have a really good friendship with him for a lot of years. And I get home and the phones are gonna It's Bruce Bochie And the first thing I thought is this is weird. So I answered the phone as I do, and I said, Bruce, I now can't get enough. You want to come back on the podcast because we've had Bruce on quite a few times. And he said, now, Boonie, it's a different call, and he kind of ran it by me, and uh, he said, why don't you think about it? And you know, I talked to my wife and I talked to the people you know, close to me, and it didn't take long. I definitely I don't know that I ever consider myself a hitting coach or a coach in any capacity. I you know, managing seems intriguing to me. So what if there's a guy to get back on the field. Bruce Bochi's number one on my list.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there you go.
Speaker 1: So they're taking outside the box here.
Speaker 2: There they're two things. I think. I think it is thinking outside the box. I think it's a just like this is a good idea and we need to change. And I think Chris Young is an impatient person, and I think he is like, no, this is bs. We've signed all these contracts, let's go. We're going now.
Speaker 1: Time is of the essence.
Speaker 4: I love that, Yeah, because you know, you've got this opportunity where you have de Grohm and he is arguably the best pitcher in baseball. He's in the and your whole staff is pitching. You're pitching. That's the hardest thing for you to get. It's always been the hardest thing to get in Texas. And you have it and you're blowing it because now you can't hit.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Here's the other issue. If he doesn't do well, we're gonna be like why do you hire a podcaster?
Speaker 4: Or my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so thinking. He said some things about he's not like analytics guy, like he's going to come in and learn from these other guys and the Rangers do have a structure that two or three other hitting coaches are involved there. This is almost it. John Daniels will be criticized for a lot of things, but he too, like Chris Young, and Chris Young learned a lot from John Nails was aggressive and always made people mad. That Matt Garza never worked out here ryand him throwing names from ten plus years ago, I get it right, But they always at the trade deadline, made big trades to go for it, to effing go for it, and it didn't work out. Many times it did not work out. But Chris Young learned a lot of this from John Can. I think that's important to know.
Speaker 1: I would like to end this segment with one final thought. KT mentioned the guy with the acts to grind. You hear that phrase? You never hear the girl with the ass to grind? Right, you know what I'm saying, which it seems like that's sexist not to say that. I agree.
Speaker 2: Yepp oh there it is all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the intro, and thank you for the Rangers talk. Kevin Turner, Thank you man Vindicati that intro again. To get out of here here it is the Rangers into the brand new Rangers Intro approved by iHeart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's top Excess Rangers.
Speaker 2: Yep. There.
Speaker 1: It is incredible organ work