Speaker 1: Rip dum.
Speaker 2: You need advice, who you don't have? Come run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three A two five five. We're here to help you solve your problems and answer questions, take your complations. We've been handling a lot of important cases. But I want you to call right in, please, and we will take your calls. Calls always take precedence. So what you do is call three oh three seven one three talk when we're in the studio. That's the iHeart Talk number in Denver, but we have our number for the iHeartRadio mapp and for YouTube and for everywhere else and and Denver as well. And if you call that twenty four to seven, you'll get a when we're on the air. When we're not on the air, you'll get our office. You leave a voicemail and we will get back to you. You never have to wait on hold. And Angelica, who's coming up as a prime example of that. Three oh three Martino three three six two seven eight four sixty six we have some important updates on all kinds of issues. But what I want to do is take Angela and talk about her problem with A T and T. Angela, Welcome to the show. What's going on? Angela? Hi Angelica? Sorry Angelica? What's going on? Angelica?
Speaker 3: Well, this is my last resort. I am with brothers Lornie and we have had an AT and T business account since two thousand.
Speaker 5: And eight Brother's flooring, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we've had an ongoing billing issue kind of with AT and T since May.
Speaker 5: I have spent Now you've had them for how long?
Speaker 3: Since two thousand and eight? A business account?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: We had a business rep at one time, but he left and they replaced him with another individual who has not been able to help us.
Speaker 5: And what's the problem with your AT and T business account? What is the problem?
Speaker 3: Well, basically, a warranty replacement was done and not through insurance. You know, you can use a surion a.
Speaker 5: Warranty replacement for a cell phone, correct, for a cell phone for one of our phones. And the warranty you said was not a Shurian It.
Speaker 3: Was not an Assurion claim. Nope, what kind of claim was it? It was a warranty replacement of phone we got?
Speaker 5: Okay, got it? Yeah? Yeah. Because what people don't realize is that cell phonees do have warranties, and very seldom do we use them. We automatically go to our insurance. But if it's a service, if it's a hardware issue and it's still under warranty, you can get a replacement. So did you get a replacement under the factory warranty?
Speaker 3: I did get a replacement under the factory warranty through AT and T.
Speaker 5: No wait, wait, wait, wait wait? What kind of phone was it?
Speaker 3: It was a Samsung Z slip four.
Speaker 5: Are you sure? Now? I know that this sounds like a silly question. Okay, but you said through AT and T, which bothers me because when you become an owner of that Samsung phone and register it for the warranty, a lot of people don't register their phones that will go through the Samsung factory warranty. But if you go through AT and T, I'm just going to tell you because I've We've had this before. They're going to automatically go to your A sure or some kind of insurance if you have it. But I need to know something. Do you have other than the factory warranting. Do you have some insurance on those phones?
Speaker 3: Well, all of our equipment is insured, yes.
Speaker 5: Is it insured through Assurian It is, yes. Yeah, so that's what they did. Keep going with your your keep going. What happened?
Speaker 3: So, basically, because the phone was less than thirty days old, because an issuring young claim was filed prior to then.
Speaker 5: What do you mean prior to then? For what? So?
Speaker 3: Prior to May the phone sat and it was under their warranty, so it didn't go through Assurion. It was under the thirty days from AT and T.
Speaker 5: Okay, But you said the phone sat, did it sit more than thirty days? It did?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 7: Know?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I don't know why you're telling me that. Then if you had a claim with AT and T with the with the with Sam's on for a replacement, did Samsung replace the phone?
Speaker 3: No, AT and T replaced it. I know it's very it's.
Speaker 5: Very okay, I'm telling you right now. If AT and T replaced it, it was not through Samsung. They did it through your insurance. But keep going, Keep going. What happened? I know you're being charged for the deductible right.
Speaker 3: Well, No, there was no deductible.
Speaker 5: Because good. So what's happening? Then you're calling for a reason, So what's going on? I'm going to shut up?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right? So what happened was here we are. You know, they did the warranty exchange. I sent the bad phone back to AT and T. They sent me the label, all of those things. In June, sent it back. I got an email stating, we've received your defective device. That's great. A month later I got an email saying, we have not received your device. We're charging you four hundred and something dollars. I battled with them for another two months with that. Now we lead up to now, okay, they did spred it the money. Now we go to our current time and I paid the bill every month. Didn't realize on this bill that they started to installment team into.
Speaker 5: The for the they're charging you for the new phone because they say you didn't return the old one, right, I thought, by the way, because we had a call like this before, I thought they no, no, it doesn't matter what I thought about it, but it was. I thought they were charging you for the deductible because they assumed it was an Enturion claim. But this is different, totally when you stumped it back. How did you send.
Speaker 3: It back with their label they provided me? Okay, I have documentation.
Speaker 5: That's terrible. So what are you do in a case like that if they say you did you send you did not send it back? Did you get a tracking number?
Speaker 3: I got everything? I sure do. I have emails saying thank you, we received your your phone back.
Speaker 8: What wait?
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait, you even got it. You even got a confirmation that they received it. Yes, all this and they're still charging you for it.
Speaker 3: So yes, because what they're saying is that it was not Now they're saying it wasn't a warranty.
Speaker 5: I told you that, you know. I know people think I jumped the gun when I tried to. So they're saying it was an insurance claim.
Speaker 3: No, they're saying, I somebody put it in the system as an upgrade on the next okay program.
Speaker 5: Wait, okay, here's what I want to know. The phone that you sent back, the old one?
Speaker 9: What kind was it?
Speaker 3: It was this a Samsung? They flipped for same exact phone.
Speaker 5: But so how could they say it was an upgrade?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 3: God, So basically they started to wait.
Speaker 5: So they acknowledge, They acknowledged they got the phone. Mm hmm okay, So now the issue is this The issue is is they're charging you for the new phone the full price or some kind of differential.
Speaker 3: Well, they started the full price over again, so you might as well say.
Speaker 5: That why I don't understand you was the old one paid off? No?
Speaker 3: I was still. I was at nineteen or thirty six.
Speaker 5: Payments and now they started it.
Speaker 3: Over all the way over.
Speaker 5: Gosh, And what you're saying is they should have just done the installment, or they refund what you paid and give you the installments from either way, you shouldn't have to pay fifty percent more or whatever, right.
Speaker 3: Because the phone was almost paid off.
Speaker 5: And you can't get through to someone at AT and T that understands this.
Speaker 3: No oh No, I've spent countless hours on the phone with them.
Speaker 5: And nobody assume them.
Speaker 3: People give me wrong information.
Speaker 5: Mark, is this and I'm sorry for not sending that link. I will send that for you, But Mark, is this unbelievable that their flim flamminer around. Explain what you have done in the past and how it works.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 11: I had an issue with another phone carrier, very similar. I sent something back. They said they never received it, although I had all the proof that I did. The situation's a little different. They weren't trying to charge me on the next program. But anyhow, I just paid it. Whatever they were, whatever they were doing in charging me each month, I just paid it. Then I took them to small claims court. They settled with me and figured out all the billing. They refunded everything. That's kind of everything right, and AT.
Speaker 5: And T definitely has offices here. You can do that in small claims court for the price. So what you're going to do is you're going to sue for what you've paid in so far in the old phone, because that should have been applied to the new one. You don't mind starting over on the new one as long as you got credit for all the payments you paid in, right.
Speaker 3: Well, if I had a new phone, well you do have a new phone. Well, it's still it's it is essentially it's a replacement warranty phone.
Speaker 5: Angelica, Angelica. If you don't go to court with the right math, you're going to be kicked out. So let me explain this to you. No matter what, you're gonna have to pay the balance of the payments on the new phone. You know that, right, yes, yes, okay, So you need a credit for what you've paid in thus far nineteen payments, right, nineteen at how much?
Speaker 3: There's thirty one?
Speaker 5: Okay, nineteen times thirty one. That's what you're going to sue for. Do you understand why? Because to get them to pro rate the new phone is going to be brain damage and you can't sue for specific performance in small claims court. You can't go to court and say I want them to transfer the credit that I have on the old phone to the new one so I can start payments on number twenty. You can't do that. So instead of doing that, you're gonna make it very simple. You're suing for all the payments you made on the defective phone because they did not credit you for them on the new phone. They started you over at payment one.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we get it, but you will you'll win. But better than that, mark, tell her what will happen that happens eight out of ten times or nine out of ten times with.
Speaker 11: You, Well, they're just going to settle. I mean, she's got a valid complaint. Once she bends the ear of the proper person, they're gonna fix it. Mark is the king of Unfortunately, these days, in order to get proper customer service, when someone truly is in the wrong, like AT and T appears to be here, you have to file suit. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's it. They stonewall you forever. They think eventually you're going to go away and live with it, right, And I'll tell you what, nine out of ten do most likely you will as well, I'll just say that most likely you will not go through with it either.
Speaker 3: Well, I say that I will only because thank you.
Speaker 5: I want you to please do it, Please do it.
Speaker 12: A lot of And if you.
Speaker 11: Want email help at troubleshooter dot com, I'll send you some information which I've already been down that road, logistic information I'll send you.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean is he's not going to give you legal advice, but he will send me.
Speaker 13: But I'll tell you who you serve. If you're suing atn T, I'll I'll.
Speaker 5: Tell you all the basics, all that logistical information he'll share with you, and it's invaluable. Okay, I sent that one to you, by the way. Okay, so Angelica, hang on, Mark Kachina can get you the address that you have to email us to three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com for your forty five dollars deep clean that'll keep your system healthy and if you ever have to replace. They specialize in high efficiency units at great prices eight eight eight Heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troublestraator. Brian is next, and uh, Brian, what's going on? Sir? Brian?
Speaker 7: Something?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Sir?
Speaker 5: Yes I can, sir, what's happening?
Speaker 15: I want to get your opinion on something?
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 15: I have a friend of mine she's an older girl, and she has double pained window in the front of her house. Yeah, and in between the pains, she thinks mold is growing. Hmmm, somehow moisture or something got in there.
Speaker 5: So how old is the window? How old is the window?
Speaker 15: Probably ten years?
Speaker 5: Nine years?
Speaker 15: Okay, So she's called around a couple of places. Nobody would get back to her. So I heard Mark Shamansky's. You know, they'll come out and give you an estimate for free, this and that. So all I want was somebody to come out just look at the window. They don't have to come into the house.
Speaker 16: They can see it from the outside.
Speaker 15: They don't have to take anything apart. You know, she was willing to pay a little bit of money. They wanted five hundred dollars or they would not send anyone out.
Speaker 5: Now do you think that's reasonable, Not the way you're presenting it. No, uh huh, Nope, that's good.
Speaker 17: What happened?
Speaker 5: I mean now I can see them saying, we don't have time for free estimates. We can't get you in right now. What if you want to get it? Wait?
Speaker 11: Wait, what was the estimate for? Hey, hey, hey, loudmouth, what was the estimate for?
Speaker 13: Was it for mold. Was it to come out and test for mold?
Speaker 5: No? No, what was there.
Speaker 15: Just to look at the window, just to look at the window and see what they think?
Speaker 11: Kelly, is this the guy you've been telling me about?
Speaker 12: Can we give him a chance?
Speaker 5: Messages Brian, can you hold on please? Okay, let's just forget about that. Just just hold on. I got marked with me Mark Schamanski. Now listen, people are not obligated. Let me explain something to you. People are not obligated to come out to a home. And I don't know what the situation is, but in general, whether it's K and H Holmes Solutions, whether it's Gravina's, whether it's a Genesis, whether it's Excel roofing, And I'm not saying they don't do it, but I'm saying they're not obligated to troubleshoot. Now, if someone wants an estimate on replacing the window, I think if they want to get free estimates, they can, and they should, but they don't have to. Now, if someone says I don't know if the window needs to be replace, in fact, we don't know what's wrong with the window, can you troubleshoot it. That's a different story that could involve testing and all kinds of stuff. I don't know, but I'm gonna let Mark speak for himself since he was just on doing a commercial. And trust me, we're I like to use the word open and honest and transparent. I don't you don't get by forty five or fifty years by not being He's a he's a very valued sponsor. But I'll give him. I'll give you your say. You think it was unreasonable that they wanted to charge five hundred dollars to come out and examine or inspect the window to tell you what's going on with it. Mark Schamanski, Hi, are you there, sir?
Speaker 17: I am, I'm here, Tom.
Speaker 5: Mark. You know I can't say I've ever gotten this can play before. Now is it a five hundred dollars fee to inspect it or what? Or is that not true? Tell me what's going on?
Speaker 16: To me?
Speaker 17: From what I just heard, it sounds like somebody called up and asked how much it is because we think we have mold And then so my office said, well for mold tests is going to be between three three ninety nine four ninety nine. So that's probably where the five hundred dollars come up from because that's what it costs to do a mold test with US. Okay, that's one of the lowest in the industry.
Speaker 5: Now if someone no, no, I understand that, and it's not the lowest, it's the most honest. But I want to ask you something, and I want Brian to hear this, because if if he called or she called and said, I'm having trouble with my window. There's something growing in between the panes. I want to know if it can be fixed or if I need to replace it. If you go out to inspect the window to see if it needs to be replaced, is there a charge.
Speaker 17: No, there's not a charge for me just to come out and look. But what I would say is, if I had that phone call in my office said here, Mark, will you talked to Brian because this is the situation, I would say, go ahead and call a glass company. Because I'm a contractor. It makes no sense for me to come out and replace the glass in one window. And that's probably what could be done. Is you just call a glass company that replaces the individual glass unit in a window if you think there's mold in there.
Speaker 5: So they can do the IGU, the insulated glass unit, they can replace within I remember we used to have a company. Mark was mentioning the other day they I think they closed up shop, but they used to do that. Fifty eighty yeah, fifty two eighty windows, screen and classroom.
Speaker 18: Me.
Speaker 17: They were great Ken, Carl Glass will come to it.
Speaker 5: I mean, Ken, they're a great company. Okay, So Brian, there might have been a misunderstanding there.
Speaker 15: Well, the misunderstanding was not on my side, because the lady said, if we have to do a mold test, that's three hundred ninety nine to four hundred ninety nine dollars, so it's probably going to be four ninety nine. I said, no, we don't want any mold tests. All we need is somebody to come out look at the window. If they think it's mold, then she'll decide if she can afford to have somebody take the window out and everything else. And I explained it to her like three times and she still said four nine.
Speaker 5: Well because she because she was thinking. She was thinking, if there's something growing, they're gonna have to test it. Because Brian, that's all I can say. But listen, you had your say, what would you like me to. Do you want me to kick Genesis Total Exteriors off?
Speaker 15: They refer liss now no, okay, no, But they come on and they say they'll get free estimates for rules.
Speaker 5: They will give free estimates for everything. Thank you. They will give they will and they'll still give your friend a free estimate. Okay, Brian, I let you have your say. They will give free estimates. There was a misunderstanding. Do you understand that now? Now? Oh my god, there was a misunderstanding because you don't know half.
Speaker 11: Of the messages and the threatening phone calls Kelly.
Speaker 13: Had to put up because of that ass Jack.
Speaker 5: Tell me what tell me about it?
Speaker 9: Kelly?
Speaker 5: Tell me?
Speaker 19: Kelly tell me, Well, there have been a few voicemails. I don't think they were necessarily threatening. They were more derogatory towards me because I wouldn't let him on the air in the first place, because we have a certain thing we like to always involve the owners.
Speaker 5: And by the way, by the way, Kelly, Kelly, I don't know if this is the first time you're hearing this, but I don't care about that. You don't have to contact owners first. Now, if you want to contact any owners, first, I have a she tries to get the owners offer. Yeah, oh I get it. I get it, so he can address it. I get it for sure. That's great. Yes, and we do that with every company. I want to make this clear. We do that with every company. Yes, go ahead, Okay, got it. So here's what we're doing. We are going to uh, we're going to whip Mark Schamansky with a bamboo shoot.
Speaker 3: No, let's not do that.
Speaker 5: He's really super sweet. Okay.
Speaker 19: Whatever I talked to him, like to do and stuff like that.
Speaker 20: He's very nice.
Speaker 21: Kelly.
Speaker 11: Originally, when the guy called, we won't whoop him. Originally when he called.
Speaker 20: He hung up on me.
Speaker 13: Well, forget about forget.
Speaker 11: Him being an ass. I already get that. How about what was his issue with Mark? Was it something The first thing you ever said to me had to do with mold exactly.
Speaker 12: He never said anything.
Speaker 13: About windows or glass.
Speaker 11: It was a mold test that everybody else in the world does for fifty bucks. And I said, there's not a damn company in the world that's going to show up and do a mold test for fifty bucks.
Speaker 19: And that's exactly what I told Brian. I said, you know, there has to be certain mitigation. There are certain steps that you have to take, and it's not going to be fifty to seventy five dollars because he thought that was all it was going to take is a truck roll into a place, into the residences.
Speaker 5: Enough, we spent we spent too much time on it. Anyway, I don't think I don't think it's going to be you know, it's not a major problem.
Speaker 13: Okay, not at all.
Speaker 5: Now I have to take Carolyn because I am so mystified by this. I don't understand what she wants to talk about. Carolyn. I got to take a break, but let's get started. What did you want to talk about? Toxic ink?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I just caught the end of something you were talking about yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh I know what you were talking about, Carolyn.
Speaker 22: There are okay, the thermal paper on receipt thermal.
Speaker 5: Paper on printers, they've traced to poisonous chemicals that can seep into your skin and if you handle a lot of them, often it can actually disrupt hormone function and other things. And they've been finding it in people who work around receipts. Thermal paper, so when they print out a receipt they don't usually use. You can usually Telwyn, it's thermal. It's it's not the blue ink anymore. It's that it's that kind of almost off shiny paper and it's kind of It's all I can say is it's thermal ink, you know, And.
Speaker 6: Just handling my regular receipts like from the grocery store and all, this isn't dangerous.
Speaker 22: No, no, and either neither are the unless miles and miles and miles of them.
Speaker 5: If you do the thermal one now and then, it's not going to hurt you. But yeah, yeah, and just you can I mean, I will tell you that most of the time, though, would you say that they are thermal or not? I don't know. Actually I think a dragon, do you? I think they are thermal nowadays.
Speaker 22: More often than not, most receipts you're getting are going to be on that thermal paper.
Speaker 5: Right, That's what I'm thinking. So, Carolyn, it's just like they said, you know, you can touch them. It's just like people like I don't know, they'll go eating them. Yeah, it's they're They're not great, Carolyn, But I'm glad you're at least concerned with your health. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter, By the way, fix it twenty four to seven in the house. We'll talk about their extreme clean and why you need it. I need to get to the phones man. We are like off the charts here, Skyler. What's happening with you? Skyler?
Speaker 23: Well, uh, my reason I was calling is about my aunt and the care facility she's in.
Speaker 5: And Okay, now, Skyler, is this a serious problem going on? What tell me about your aunt and how you got hipped to the problem, Skyler?
Speaker 23: Okay. Sparkan notes version she went into the hospital about the middle of August, had an abscess in her intestines. Did have that, did have to have surgery to have a section removed, was in recovery at that point. They were going to send her to a rehab facility after that, which she was in the hospital longer than she was supposed to be.
Speaker 8: Let's you hear she.
Speaker 23: Had Medicare Medicare she she's been there long enough, Medicare stop covering. I have her applied to try to get long term Medicare, to get her taken care of. And the reason why I'm doing all this is, well, where.
Speaker 5: You didn't You didn't tell me how she ended up in a senior care facility. Is it because that's all she could afford or what?
Speaker 23: Now? That's where they sent her for rehab. And then she had been on the re in the rehab area so long they had to move her to general long term care.
Speaker 5: And okay, so she's not recovering well, not as well as she.
Speaker 23: Could I suppose, not as well as we'd hope.
Speaker 5: Now, what's the name of the senior care facility?
Speaker 23: Grace Point Senior Care Facility.
Speaker 5: Okay, and what's the problem they yesterday we got to.
Speaker 23: Call about ten thirty. They want to they want to discharge her this week, but we're kind of struggling with that because she can't. They want to send her home directly to her house, but she can't care for herself right now. She's she can't get up to the bathroom, doesn't really eat or drink much.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, why are now There's a few reasons they discharge people. One is for lack of payment, unless unless you are an undocumented illegal immigrant or they they discharge you because they say you're better.
Speaker 23: Well, and that's part of why I guess I'm bringing this up. Where did that?
Speaker 5: Who is paying for this? Right now? By the way, is this medicare.
Speaker 23: Well for about well, so technically nobody.
Speaker 5: Has Okay, here's what I need to know. Does she have Medicaid? Does she have Medicare? How old is she?
Speaker 23: She is eighty four? She does have Medicare and Medicaid. They're both just stopping coverage because she's been there for so long.
Speaker 5: No, they don't stop coverage like that. No, all right, that there's something else going on. So is that why she's being discharged because her coverage is running out?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 23: Yeah, because they're not getting paid and the reason why they did stop this is I have this document here. I'm still waiting on a few things from the care facility. This was reports that she was able to keep up with her physical therapy for Did.
Speaker 5: They tell you, I need to get to this part. Did they tell you she's being discharged because they're no longer getting paid. Yes, yes, they actually told you.
Speaker 23: That, correct exactly, I mean, not in the exact words, but.
Speaker 5: Yes, Okay, because her coverage is running out. Yes, Okay, Now I need to get I need to get integra on. I just need to ask them some general questions because Medicaid doesn't run out, neither does Social Security, I mean Medicare. So I don't I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 23: Okay, and I'll be honest, we don't. We don't either. We get bits and pieces them. We're just we just genuinely just want to know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's try to figure it out for you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: How how was she doing? Could she make it at all at home?
Speaker 23: Absolutely not? She I mean she, I mean she can't really do. She doesn't get us to go to the bathroom because she can't. She actually we tried to get her yesterday and she gave one heck of a yank on that handrail and just can't get.
Speaker 5: Me now did she okay, did she get paid? Did they pay for anything for her? They meaning who her insurances? Did they pay for anything?
Speaker 23: Yeah, while she was in the hospital and while she was TechEd in rehabilitation.
Speaker 8: Got it?
Speaker 5: I got it? Okay, hold on, we'll we'll get we'll try to get some answers. I want to try to get Integra on just as a as an expert. Okay, so hold on three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. I want to go to John Jones Junior with Integra Insurance, our health insurance experts, because I really need to get this question in. Can you think of any reason? John? This woman eighty four years old on Medicare and Medicaid. She was sent to a senior care facility for rehab after surgery, and she wasn't doing well in rehab and they decided they need to keep her in long term care in way, so this they switch from rehab to senior care like a nursing home I guess, and her insurance won't pay and they're asking her to leave.
Speaker 21: Well, go ahead, Medicare real quick. Medicare does not generally cover long term care in a nursing home. And then Medicaid right if she's Medicare Medicaid, So even if you pay out of pocket or with that long term care, Medicaid itself also you would be potentially paying out of pocket because Medicaid it does very escape the state often times. It's also most but not all, nursing homes. Well, I mean, if it's medical.
Speaker 5: John, I can't John, I can tell you this. Medicaid based on somebody I knew, does pay for long term care. But they're special facilities you have to go to.
Speaker 7: Right, right.
Speaker 24: Yeah, So a lot of nursing homes do except Medicaid payment, so in that could Medicaid will pay for some things the Medicare does not.
Speaker 8: Pay for or cover.
Speaker 21: So she's also on Medicaid.
Speaker 24: Then that may, but it's not all, not all nursing homes except that's.
Speaker 5: Right, and they're not obligated to so Skyler, Skyler. The problem here is Medicare doesn't have long term care, so you're left for Medicaid and that facility probably does not accept Medicaid.
Speaker 23: That is correct, and I meant to clarify this earlier. I do have her on tending long term Medicaid. What we're running into is we have called thirteen different facilities that are supposed to that we're trying to, but none of them can get pending. I got the payport filed, I just got a wait to hear from them.
Speaker 5: But that's right, they won't take pending. However, you can chip in and pay self pay for a while.
Speaker 23: That's where we're all running into is even between the four my dad, myself, and her brothers, we the foremost can't.
Speaker 5: So then somebody will have to probably stay with her at home for a while, John, is there any Medicaid for home care?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 24: There could be some coverage for homecare in the Medicare or in the Medicaid. I guess let me go back to Medicare. It depends though, it's very limited. So let me get that exact Medicare homecare.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: So we're looking at we're going.
Speaker 5: To run out of time, but but I want to hold on. I want you to.
Speaker 21: It's limited. And so how long.
Speaker 24: Did they say it's going to take?
Speaker 21: They say pending? How long did they say it's going to take to find out?
Speaker 23: I was told that they would contact me when they need to evaluate her and find out what kind of care she needs.
Speaker 5: I'll bet you could take two or three months.
Speaker 7: How long?
Speaker 21: And when did you first? When did you last apply?
Speaker 4: Class?
Speaker 23: Monday?
Speaker 5: Actually, Skuyler, there's no there's no way around it. Bro, Somebody's gonna have to take care of her or Integra will look at home care and let us know after the break. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rit News.
Speaker 25: You don't have.
Speaker 2: No Shooter's gonna help?
Speaker 13: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martinez, Hello, Okay, I got.
Speaker 5: A wide shot here if you're streaming and online and we have Hannah Banana with us, Hannah Davis with Fix at twenty four to seven. We want to get this out in the beginning because it's very important. The Extreme Clean, it's what they call the shoulder season, yes, because it's neither too hot nor too cold, and thirty nine bucks for new customers.
Speaker 20: It's the deep clean. You want to do this before the I like to take.
Speaker 5: Extreme clean, but you can call it deep you know.
Speaker 26: No, We're gonna go with these Extreme clean because it is extreme. They take it apart, piece by piece, get it rid people get a save on their bills, it prevents breakdowns and thirty nine dollars for new customer. Tom, You've got this done twice Dommy two houses, right, you know, it's the real deal.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable and it is so so. I just got a text here. What do you do with people they have a furnace but it's in a condo. Do you guys do it at all? I don't know if you do or not.
Speaker 20: Are they the owners of the condo?
Speaker 5: Yes see, I know sometimes if it's if it's the central units with just the exchanger in there, you won't do it. But if it's a separate it depends on the setup. Here's what I would say, call and find out.
Speaker 26: Call our office because you want it done right, and our guys do it right.
Speaker 5: Seven zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine fixmihome dot com book Now we got to go to the phones and then if you have any questions, by the way, we will love to talk to you about it. We had somebody on YouTube say they did us, they did the cleaning yesterday. Were very pleased. Really yeah, we just say her Judith, Judith, Judith.
Speaker 20: We love to hear that.
Speaker 5: Judith says, yep, they did. They just cleaned and really, honest to God, for thirty nine bucks. I mean, you can't go wrong. John Jones, is he still there? I want to bring this up real quick. Is he still there or not? Oh? He's gone. Okay, he did text me for Skyler, and I want to just say, here's what it is. Medicaid it says, Okay, it's going to depend on her needs. Medicare does cover some health, including medically necessary part time skilled nursing care at home. It does not pay for twenty four hour care or custodial care. Medicaid is similar, but they don't do it permanent, twenty four hours a day, every day. So Skylert, look in after you get Medicaid. But for now, I don't know what else to tell you.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 5: There is no way that they're going to keep her there without payment. And what you'll have to do is take care of her until the Medicare Medicaid comes through and then find a Medicaid facility. We went through this with my brother who was eighty four, went through this with him. Lilah, what's happening, Lilah? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: By their Tom Hey, I'm falling, So I'm following up. I spoke with you guys, I think in February this year regarding an issue with my Mini Cooper.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, let me try to find your call. Did you call in with your name Lilah?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what's going on?
Speaker 25: So basically, it's a two.
Speaker 5: Thousand and nine under a recall for a faulty module and it's in danger of a thermal event or in other words, of fire.
Speaker 14: Correct and so what have not driven? So I have not driven my car. I've had it on the side of my town home, you know, since June of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: Well wait a minute, Wait a minute. Why if it's under recall, why don't they have a fix?
Speaker 25: Well they didn't.
Speaker 14: They haven't had a Okay, so they haven't had a fix until I come. So I complained to the NTSB a few months after your show because there was still no resolution.
Speaker 25: I kept calling me and me saying, hey, what's going on? They stilln't have a resolution.
Speaker 5: I called them in This for everyone that owns a Mini or just the the two thousand and nine.
Speaker 14: I no, I think of two thousand and nine through I don't know the recalls for a number of years, so I believe it through. You know, I could be through two thousand and nine through the twenty sixteen vehicles.
Speaker 25: I'm not one hundred percent sure of that, okay, But what I do know is that.
Speaker 14: I called in August again. They said that they had a fix for the recall that they said. They said that they would order the parts whatever was needed to for the.
Speaker 25: For the repair.
Speaker 5: Did you call a dealer or the factory?
Speaker 14: I called a dealership, the dealership here where I originally purchased it, and I had it towed because we knew the battery, we didn't start. It's been sitting for a long time, so I had it towed to the to the.
Speaker 25: Location from my driveway.
Speaker 14: I got a phone call all from them a week later saying that I had some maintenance issues. And I said, you know, I'm sure I do have some maintenance issues. My car has been sitting for sixteen months in my driveway and my town home not being driven because of this this situation. And I said, I just want my repair done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what maintenance did they say you had?
Speaker 8: They didn't say, And didn't you didn't you.
Speaker 5: Think about asking? I mean, what if it's serious.
Speaker 25: No, No, I just said, can I have my repair done? Because I'm not going to get my car repaired through many Can I get it long?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 25: So I just said to.
Speaker 14: Them, I just want my repair done. This is August sixteenth, Today is October tenth.
Speaker 25: I left a message again.
Speaker 5: Let me let me get this to somebody who wants to take it. Let's see who's in the studio of the car. I've got doc in there today, Yeah, docs loaded. I think he is. He has a number of follow ups.
Speaker 20: You can take a case.
Speaker 5: Oh, listen out today.
Speaker 20: Not sure about Chopper.
Speaker 5: I have not goose out today. Let's let's just give this to d right now. Listen, you have a reasonable expectation to get this thing fixed. You think they're hijacking it until you get the other maintenance things done.
Speaker 9: I have no idea.
Speaker 25: I'm expecting a phone call back. I mean it was a week later they talked about me.
Speaker 5: How long has it been there so far?
Speaker 25: I think it's August sixteenth, that's what is it?
Speaker 5: Two months?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, that's that's wrong. That's wrong.
Speaker 25: I mean it's sixteen.
Speaker 14: We're gonna I'm gonna give this to Deputy dr sitting in my veway, So I.
Speaker 5: Don't blame you. If you're being pissed, I'd be pissed too.
Speaker 25: Yeah, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, I'm going to have Deputy d Dimitri get in touch with you off the air kit China. Send this over to D. This is wrong, man, this is just wrong. Nancy has an issue with Empire Flooring. By the way, just for those listening, Empire, Empire is really not a flooring company. Empire is an advertising company and a lead aggregator. And what they do is they do commercials and then send out the leads to a various number of people. Go ahead, Nancy, Hi.
Speaker 9: I had my floor again. And it was two years ago?
Speaker 5: Was it Empire that you called? Nancy?
Speaker 9: It was Empire?
Speaker 5: You saw one of their commercials or heard it? Right?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, and so and.
Speaker 5: When was this too? How long ago did you say, Nancy?
Speaker 9: It was twenty twenty two in July, okay, and six months after it was in all it started buckling and separating. So they came out.
Speaker 5: And what kind of floors.
Speaker 9: They're they're vinyl.
Speaker 5: Did what they call luxury vinyl planking?
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, and so then it's doing it again, and so I started getting so.
Speaker 5: Did they fix it once? Did they fix it once?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And then they said the lady told me the warranty starts over where they because it's the year warranty.
Speaker 5: No, it really doesn't. It really doesn't.
Speaker 13: Until then you would have a warranty forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, anyway, so it started doing it again, and so the big district manager came out and he said, don't worry, miss Docksy. We're going to take care of you. Whether it's it's the manufacturer's problem or our problem, but we'll take care of you. And he goes, it's going to take a little while for us to get through the manufacturer, and.
Speaker 7: They came over and they measured to make.
Speaker 9: Sure it was put in right and made sure it was left.
Speaker 5: At least, you're getting some attention what happened then.
Speaker 18: But then yesterday I got a message on my phone and said it's the manufacturers said it's not their product, so you could give me a callback and we'll discuss give you a quote on repair.
Speaker 9: So they want to charge me to read what.
Speaker 5: Do you mean it's not their product? Meaning it's not their product that's defective yes.
Speaker 13: So in other words, it's the it's safe, it's the it's the installation.
Speaker 9: They said, no, it's my he said it was my flour.
Speaker 22: Was wrong with my four Well okay underneath?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what.
Speaker 9: Nothing? They couldn't find anything wrong with my floor when they were out doing their inspection. It's all levels. You know, there's no moisture. I don't know, but you know they charged me twelve thousand dollars what that? And I'm saved forever to do it and I'm just screwed.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: No, No, we got to get a floor inspector independent out there to look at it. I don't know of any independent floor inspectors, but you might want to call.
Speaker 9: Simply floor though there's not one thing wrong with it. I don't understand. They're just trying to get out of fixing it.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 22: Wow.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I mean, yeah, they may be there. Well, okay, you got to gather evidence. Well, here's what we need. We need some kind of expert to look at it to say what's wrong with it and why, and then how much it's going to cost to fix and then you might have to sue them. Who is the local contractor that did the floor.
Speaker 9: His name is Saul. And you know what's weird? As Saul said he would he would do it over, and then he came over to do it over again that day, and then he goes, maybe we should call Empire. I'm afraid it's going to do it again.
Speaker 5: But started what did they say is causing it?
Speaker 9: They don't know floor, But there's nothing wrong with my floor.
Speaker 5: Nancy? What kind of floor?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 5: What kind of floor? Did they put it over?
Speaker 9: Regular? What they board? And regular?
Speaker 5: No? I mean what kind of floor? What was there before?
Speaker 9: Carpet?
Speaker 5: Okay? All right? And is this on your first floor?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, uh Nancy, let's ask buddy Mitchell at simply floor's inc If he has an inspector that might be able to look at this. You're gonna need an inspector, you really are.
Speaker 9: Well, that's what they that's what they had come out as an inspector.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not talking about I'm not talking.
Speaker 9: About he couldn't find anything wrong with my floor.
Speaker 5: I am not talking about an Empire person. I want an independent.
Speaker 13: What's the warranty on it? Anyhow?
Speaker 5: It's one year?
Speaker 11: She said, And if it's two years into it, even if I'm just trying to understand this. If if there is an issue and it's two years not one year, then what well if it was never done properly, they redid.
Speaker 9: It and it's doing the same thing again.
Speaker 5: I understand that. Did they redo the whole floor? Oh just a section now, that's hold on, Nancy. The section that they redid, is that buckling again or is it a new section? It's the same place, the same place. See Mark, Here's what I'm thinking. I agree, a warranty is a warranty. However, if if an let's say, an inspector says, you know what, this was never done right ever, blah blah blah. I mean, I just want I just think she needs some how she did it take before it started buckling again? She said it started buckling right away? Oh those six months? Okay? Oh it did take six months.
Speaker 9: It did both times.
Speaker 5: Six months both times. Nancy, we need to get I'd like to see a picture of it. Yeah, can you send us a picture?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good, kit, Gina talk to her and see if we can get Buddy Mitchell on just for the heck of it, let's see, or some other flooring person from herfer list. We got to get somebody onto at least where do we go from here? I think, no matter what, we have to have it inspected. Three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney and he can help you plan for your estate, for passing on a business, investments, collectibles, whatever you have in your estate. He has creative ways to help you through a trust or even through LLC's. I want you to call McKenzie law Dan McKenzie eight three three COO plans. He can do a simple will, he can do a trust, He can do a combination of the two, and he makes it very simple eight three three co plans. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: And you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You want to give a shout out, Hannah to people on YouTube, Yes and beyond.
Speaker 26: We love Tom Martina listeners. We hear from you guys all the time.
Speaker 5: You come to us.
Speaker 26: You booked thirty nine dollars Deep Clean, But girl Friday in the comments has been singing fix its praises.
Speaker 5: Because of that extreme clean, because.
Speaker 26: She said, she said amount to her moms. They did the ac the heater, loved the technician. We love to hear that, girl Friday. So please message us. I'm gonna send.
Speaker 20: You our email.
Speaker 26: We're gonna give you one hundred dollars credit. You can use that for your mom's house, you can use that for your yours. But I mean it's that word of mouth advertising that sor.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're gonna get one hundred dollars credit just for being nice. Yeah, So girl Friday, one hundred bucks man.
Speaker 20: And two other things. Tom, We do do condos. We can do that.
Speaker 26: I heard back and one of your followers asked if we go to Keensburg.
Speaker 20: We do go to Keensburg.
Speaker 5: So it's yes, yes, yes. Somebody else said, what if I had twenty four to seven out for a plumbing thing?
Speaker 7: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: Does that make me not eligible because I'm not a new customer. You are a new customer. Yes, here's what. In fact, here's what he told me George, uh the boss man and Hannah. If you've never had this cleaning, uh huh, they consider you a new customer for this cleaning. Right.
Speaker 20: That's absolutely correct.
Speaker 5: So instead of saying new customers, maybe I should say the extreme clean thirty nine bucks for anyone who's never had it done before.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: That's really what it's about.
Speaker 26: Well, and then you get experience every one of our departments. We also have electric here at fix at twenty four to seven. But yes, get that plumbing taken care of, and while you have the technicians out there, get two for one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now a Jimmy's up. And then we're going to take some follow ups from Deputy Dock and then Dimitri has some really interesting stuff going on that he's researched for us. On the that the ugly place, I hate it, the round place. Did you know there? It's a big round building giant round building Club Valencia. Yeah, no, I've never seen it. It's a big giant round building anyway, Jimmy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, mega kudos to fix at twenty four to seven. But really what I called about was the floor. It sounds like to me depending on what it's built over the top of. Yeah, because there's a water either there's a water leak below or wherever that If it's one spox, I thought it was the whole floor, but from the sounds of it, it sounds like it's a one spot. There has to be moisture drive and when they did the when they did the underlay ement system, they didn't either A they didn't seal it up or B it wasn't enough to contend with the amount of moisture she has going.
Speaker 5: Uh, where do you think that moisture might be coming from? If it's our first floor.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean it depends. That's the first floor concrete or is it it's OSB. That's okay to me, let's ask if it's If it's OSB, then underneath, I highly doubt that they have it covered and contained. So there's water coming from underneath the OSB, which is probably dirt or I mean unless she has a basement.
Speaker 5: You know. But but when you say water, Jimmy, do you mean moisture somehow from a pipe or something or what?
Speaker 8: Yeah, from from a pipe, from a sewer, from a from an outside, from an outside uh.
Speaker 5: Drain Nancy, did Nancy? Did any Nancy did anyone ever?
Speaker 27: Go?
Speaker 5: Do you have a basement underneath the floor where it's buckling? Nancy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a garden level.
Speaker 5: Well what does that mean? In other words, you can go underneath that floor where it's buckling, right, Yeah, Yes, it's a full basement. Yes, is it finished?
Speaker 9: The basement half of it is underneath where this is. It's finished, so.
Speaker 5: You can't see if there's water coming in.
Speaker 9: I don't think you're having we coming in. But I'm not getting a oisture test. When they were here and they couldn't find any moisture, a moisture.
Speaker 8: How long did it take them to do the moisture test, because the moisture test generally takes twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Oh, they just had some machines they were Yeah, that instrument, Jimmy, They have instruments that can see moisture.
Speaker 8: Well, I've been in the flooring business for over twenty years, and a even moisture meters can't pick up resist.
Speaker 5: Hey Jimmy, what what what kind of flooring do you do?
Speaker 8: A posse sile LVT doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: And and it does sound weird that the same spot as buckling, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: I would just imagine sol Jimmy, where are you located?
Speaker 5: Where are you located? I'm in Brighton, I where are you located?
Speaker 22: Nancy cat Feild and kept on crap, God.
Speaker 5: It's so far Jimmy, do you know anyone who inspects floors?
Speaker 8: I can't think of an independent floor inspector. The only person that I could think of, and it would probably be super pricey, would be an engineer. An engineer would be able to come in and actually look at it. But I mean, it's it has to be something very simple, especially if it's in one spot and the other thing is too. Is that the floor installers, if they're having moisture problems. There's sounds like to me that. I mean, it sounds like this guy was nice, but he may not know everything. You can get roll on moisture barriers that won't allow anything to come through it. Sounds like they may need to reassess what moisture barrier they're using. Even if they're usually one to.
Speaker 9: They didn't use anything, they just put it right.
Speaker 8: There's your problem.
Speaker 9: If they're not just one spot, it's the whole dining room.
Speaker 8: So that's what I'm saying. So when those floors go together, they're creating like almost like a sheet of plastic. So if there's a if there's a decidual moisture from a flood, or if there's residual moisture from there. Let's say there's a pipe that's mounted to the ceiling that's worn through the years and it has a pin drop leak and it's soaking into that floor. If there's moisture at all, that floor is going that moisture is going to be pulled from the floor by the floorine.
Speaker 9: I don't want leagues or anything like that.
Speaker 8: Has to be moisture somewhere.
Speaker 5: There has to be. I totally agree.
Speaker 8: I've messed it up enough to know the difference, and I know for a fact that they are supposed to have some sort of a vapor barrier. I'm almost positive that on ninety percent of the boxes and home deepot it says it verbatim.
Speaker 5: Do you know they put Nancy, did you watch them put the floor down?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did they put it right over your bare floor?
Speaker 8: Yes, there's a problem.
Speaker 9: And also in the kitchen they put it over. They ripped up the old pile and then they didn't even scrape it, so it was all bumping coming apart, and when they came back to redo it, they finally scraped it all up.
Speaker 25: But dah, you went over there, there.
Speaker 8: Is your basement. Is it is your basement? Muggy like when you go in your basement?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It does it feel Does it feel moist, Nancy? Does it feel moist at all?
Speaker 9: M Maybe I don't.
Speaker 8: No house, it's a.
Speaker 9: Nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, definitely. So here's the other thing that I'm thinking is that it's just the residual moisture in the air that's turning that plastic flooring into a suction cup, and it suctions all that residual moisture out of the basement underneath where her floor is, and that's what's happening. So it's probably not a leaky pipe. It's probably the fact that they're not using a vapor barrier for the flooring. That's why they tell you to use a vapor barrier because it it does that.
Speaker 5: Jimmy, what's the name of your company.
Speaker 8: I'm a I don't have a company. I work for a company.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, cool. You're very helpful. I'd love I'd love to get your number for future flooring stuff now and then we love We call them angels on the show where they can help us out with issues. Not not with issues, but with comments. Kitschina, get Jimmy down on our list.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I really appreciated, Jimmy. Excuse me, No, I am still alive. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Now listen, somebody has a question about fixed at twenty four to seven, about the extreme clean. Yes, they understand thirty nine bucks for people that haven't had it done yet. They want to know about a special for replacement because they think they need to replace. We'll talk about that coming up. Frank durand the real Estateman dot Com will do a free market valuation for your home for the asking. All you have to do is call him and he'll tell you what it will sell for in this market based on his thirty years of experience. Frank rand The real Estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, Jimmy was a flooring expert that has some pretty good information. If you're an expert on anything, call us. We love to have experts on And you know how I know someone's an expert if they know what they're talking about. It's that easy. Three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So, Hannah, we had a text somebody said they they know that they need a placement, Yes, and so can they get.
Speaker 26: A deal in the month of October, and especially for Martina listeners. But for the month of October, we're doing one thousand dollars off for a full replacement.
Speaker 20: The reason is October's a.
Speaker 5: Great time of furnace and air or just furnace.
Speaker 20: That's complete furnace and air one thousand and one. It would be five hundred. But here's the other deal. We have an apples to apples policy.
Speaker 26: So if he's shopping around, yes, and he finds a different price, we're going to match that price.
Speaker 20: And then you also have the infrastructure.
Speaker 26: But behind that a team of that's huge that can come out, can do the maintenance every single year. But one thousand dollars off for full in October. And also that apples to Apple. So haven't give him a call.
Speaker 5: Okay, So one thousand dollars off guy. And also I don't know if you're a guy or gal you texted me, but anyone can text me. By the way, in my private Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty that does come to me directly onto my cell phone when I'm not here. And it comes onto my computer, and it truly is personal to me seven four seven nine nine nine, And I do appreciate people not abusing it. I mean, it's been great. Questions now, somebody just texted me about that guy that has an aunt and I think he was calling with a sibling. You could hear him in the background, and he said, what do we do about taking care of my aunt? I didn't realize this, but this guy said on the text lines or this person says, the Colorado Family Leave Act includes paid time off to care for a family member. But I'm wondering if that includes an aunt or an uncle. I wonder. And also, you have to work for a company that offers the Family Leave Act. And I don't believe the Family Leave Act is incumbent upon all companies. I think you have to have a certain number of employees. Dmitri, could you look that up up the Colorado Family Leave Act. I want to know the conditions for which an employer is obligated, because I think it's not every employer. I'm not sure though. And then also we have some follow ups from Deputy Doc Doc what's going on?
Speaker 27: Hey, remember John called about a problem with smart talk and Walmart not getting his uh A subscription which was supposed to be twenty dollars a month and they were charging forty five dollars a month.
Speaker 5: Yes, I remember that. He was so frustrated.
Speaker 27: Right, Well, I made a couple of calls and they was supposed to get back to him, but then sues gave me the number of a guy named Brian who apparently had some insight and.
Speaker 5: Between what was the guy's name that called in Doc John John Oka and keep going.
Speaker 27: And so Brian made a phone call and I got a text message from mister Murra, sorry John last night that everything had been straightened out and he's now being charged twenty dollars a month for the next twelve months.
Speaker 5: So problem solved. Really, I see that it was an unlimited data plan, right and the introduction was supposed to be twenty bucks a month and he never got that. Did we ever find out why that happened? This is great news, but I don't think it was we ever. It was just a mix up.
Speaker 27: Somehow. But the point is it got fixed. I'm not sure we ever asked how.
Speaker 5: And it is it Walmart that did it? It was straight Talk that did it? Okay, Okay, good, So we got that taken care of straight talk took care of it. And I'm gonna should we give ourselves a dinger? I think it's a dinger, right, it's dinger worthy, I think because I no, no, I'm I mean, was it us that did it? Or it wasn't a coincidence? Was it? Of course not?
Speaker 27: Well Brian, who was a friend of Sue's, made a call and he tied everything together.
Speaker 5: God, so let's you Brian had some kudos. And the other thing is I spoke.
Speaker 27: To Anita who had called about a problem with Wells Fargo bank.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, Anita, Wells Fargo, let me look it up, keep going, tell me about it.
Speaker 27: So anyway, uh, I called her to find out what was going on. And you know, she had given us a rundown of what happened when she tried to get something notarized.
Speaker 5: Is this when her parents died? Yes, okay, her parents died and she needed a power of attorney notarize with her signature, correct and and and what happened was she felt that the Wells Fargo branch office was discriminating against her because of her last name and her color. She's dark, she's East Indian. She said she has a Muslim not well could be considered a Muslim name. And she said she thought they were treating her like garbage and she had to go to the main office. They did it for her. What happened?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 27: So I called her to find out what was going on, and I kept asking her a simple question, what in the past thirty five years, what other episodes of discrimination can you point to other than this one episode that happened with the oversation. I asked her that same question at least five times, and she kept telling me what happened that with the current episode where she felt she was discriminated against.
Speaker 5: The first time in how many years? Thirty five years? So did you talk her out of pursuing this? No, I told her.
Speaker 27: I said, you know, you can't answer my question, you're an idiot.
Speaker 5: So then she's what you don't call her an idiot. She already felt discriminated against anyway, keep going.
Speaker 27: So then she gives me this long email that she's going to report me to the Tom Martino Show and she's going to report me to the Denver branch of NAACP because I am uh against her, because she's a woman.
Speaker 5: So then I sent her back.
Speaker 27: I said, look, I was at Obguin for forty years. I had hundreds of patients who were of different ethnicities, you know, Asian, black, whatever you want to say. I said, I never had a problem. So you're blocking up the wrong tree. And if you want to report me to the NAACP, and go ahead, because you're an idiot.
Speaker 5: And that was the end of it. Why do you feel she you know, she did not sound she's a retired PhD. Or for husbands and doctor. They didn't sound like idiots to me. But I don't know why. But you're right, doc, if she's been going to that bank for thirty years or what how however many years and and this is the first incident that is kind of weird, right, And I agree with you, and I gotta take this break. I'm Tom Martino. Uh, Doc, I'm gonna report you as well. By the way, we got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped you need so you don't have come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shoot is gonna help come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we got a studio full. Welcome to the show. We are here to help you. And we have Deputy Doc back at the UH at the Mothership, and Mark is off to tackle the logistics for his trip tomorrow to the UH Gay Lord where the Trump rally will be. Mark and Sues will be there and they should be streaming live to us here, and then probably if the timing is not totally right, he's gonna stream probably separately on this channel as well, so be ready for that. I think it's going to be very cool. And I'm just shocked, truly that Trump is doing your rally here because there's almost no prayer that this state will ever vote. I mean really, In fact, if many, many, many, many, many many people vote for him, it still won't turn the tide. You know how it works. The winner takes all. We don't have a proportional ballot here, so that's weird that he's even bothering. It's a lot of time, energy, and money, so I don't understand the reasoning. But anyway, welcome to the show. Three oho three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, and I want to talk about I got to fix it with me here fix it twenty four to seven. And they're giving one thousand dollars off replacements because someone called in and said that I might need a replacement. Will they give me a break? She says, yeah. In fact, we'll do one thousand dollars off a complete system replacement and will match any system apples for apples if you if you can find something cheaper, we'll match it. And that is through the end of October. They always do their apples to apples though, always, so they'll never be undersold on the same equipment, same stuff. So and then they're doing the extreme clean for thirty nine bucks, fixmihome dot com and then hit book Now. So Deputy Dimitri's also in the shot here for those streaming, and I asked you to do a couple things first. The Family Leave Act are the metal. It's not exactly the family I think it's the it's the Colorado. The Family Leave Act is is a federal This is Colorado Family Leave Act.
Speaker 29: It's actually called Colorado Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program abbreviated as FA m l I. And I'm on the State of Colorado website and it looks like every Colorado employer has obligations under this.
Speaker 5: Act, even one or two employees. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 29: It says every card employer is required to notify their employees of the Family Act.
Speaker 5: And so if someone because the reason this came up, someone had an aunt in a nursing home that was being sent home because her Medicare won't pay for it and she needs help and they're waiting for Medicaid to go through, and until that happens, I'm wondering if ANTS qualifies family. I don't know, is it immediate family? So in other words, somebody texted me and I appreciate the text texture. You guys should leave your names when you text anyway, the Colorado Family Leave Act. He says, we'll pay this guy to sit home and take care of her. And it's paid, so he's not giving up any work.
Speaker 29: Yeah, it says here that care for a family member's serious health condects, but it doesn't say how far your uh your family members actually extend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's you can't find that on the site.
Speaker 29: Not Yeah, I mean it's a pretty big site that the state of Calorida runs.
Speaker 5: So okay, so see if we can find that. Now. We also had some calls. By the way, you can give us a call at any time. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino. You can call that at any time and get through and if you leave a message, we will get back to you three oh three six two seven eight four six six. So we were talking about this condo development that really, I mean, I swear to you. Clubs Valencia, there are so many people screwed there. Clubs Valencia had about one hundred and sixty four units of their three twenty nine inaccessible due to fires, asbestos and contamination and the insurance company refused to pay. The ha is suing the insurance company. They got an attorney involved in some a public adjuster involved. I was told, but it's a mess.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: These people have mortgages on these condos and everything, and they can't get to them, and they can't use them. They can't sell them, they can't rent them. They're inaccessible. And I asked you to look into it because we've been getting so many complaints about this. What have you found out?
Speaker 29: Well, Tom, I started by calling the attorneys for the association and they declined to comment on it. So yesterday I used my pissor account to access this case at the lawsuit at the loss of itself, and what I found was pretty interesting. It was actually initiated in April twenty third by their insurance company.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, the insurance company sue the association.
Speaker 29: Yeah, well this is the The title of the complaint is Plaintiffs Complaint for Declaratory Judgment, in which they cite two reasons that they should not should be relieved of the responsibility of paying for the fire damages and very okay.
Speaker 5: So they were looking for a declaratory yeah okay.
Speaker 29: And this blew and this developed into a giant case I saw.
Speaker 5: So why do they feel like they should not be responsible for paying for the damages?
Speaker 29: Well, according to their initial complaint, it's pretty simple. They cite two reasons. One is neither. So, as you know, there were two separate fires a few months apart, and neither of the units where the fires originated. The insurance company ledges that neither of them had hard wired smoke detectors, which apparently is a requirement under this insurance policy. And then there's a second reason they denied. They deny their claim for one of the fires, which is the unit where the fire originated. The representatives of that unit owner limited the insurance company's fire investigator's presence to only twenty minutes and then ordered them out. So the insurance company claims that they were unable to conduct a proper investigation and therefore the insured violated their duty to cooperate in post loss inspections and assessments.
Speaker 5: Wow, so those are the two reasons. Why is it taking so long? Oh, you should see this case. There have been over one hundred and forty motions.
Speaker 29: Oh everything answers motions. There have been over one hundred and thirty filings in the case so far as recently as a couple of weeks ago, and some of these filings have attachments. There are one hundred or more pages, so you know, one of the questions is where are these people's hoa's dues going? Well, this looks like an extremely expensive federal case.
Speaker 5: Okay, So as far as the individual homeowners are there, individual I don't know if you can find this out. But I asked a few of them, and a few of them said, no, they're individual fire policies, okay, or not fire, but insurance policies. When you own a condo, you have limited insurance, but you do have insurance. You have insurance for liability obviously if you cause damages. You also have liability for your personal property and for temporary living expenses. Right, do you know if their personal insurance policies are covering the people who live there? Do you know?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't research that question. That's one thing I'd like to know if you live there, and I know that the one I called said no, she wasn't getting any coverage. One of the ones who called in here said she wasn't getting any coverage. And I'd like to know if anybody associated with Club Valencia is getting paid. Now Vanessa has a call, I'm going to take it right after this. I'm Tom Martino. By the way, yesterday I promoted something that I did not finish and I got a few texts about it. I said I was going to talk about my time in Florida with and it was her. It wasn't Hurricane Daniel at the time, I said it wrong. It was Hurricane David that I covered Hurricane David. It was a massive, massive hurricane and how I ended up in jail. All of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best rufer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax aligned three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Vanessa, what's going on? What's happening with your mobile home? Hello Vanessa?
Speaker 7: So I am having a lot of issues with my U, my landlord, and the property manager specifically.
Speaker 5: Okay, is this a mobile home?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: And so you're renting the mobile home? No, I own it, Okay, God.
Speaker 7: I'm renting the lot space got it? So I purchased it with I'm originally from Massachusetts and I moved to Colorado with the man that I was dating for seven years in March of twenty nineteen. So we purchased the mobile homes for five thousand dollars. We each paid twenty five hundred cash.
Speaker 5: And this was what year did you buy it?
Speaker 7: August of twenty twenty Okay.
Speaker 5: That's actually when you bought it. Okay. So what happened?
Speaker 7: So then he I wasn't on his lease. He ended up getting a lease with the park, and then in April of twenty twenty one, we got a domestic violence There was a situation where he unlawfully discharged a firearm in the house, and so he defaulted his lease and terminated it. Because you know by law, you're not allowed.
Speaker 25: To do that.
Speaker 5: So hold on, did they want to kick both of you out or just him?
Speaker 7: Well, so it was just him. So I contacted the property manager. I paid her three hundred and fifty dollars. Even though he defaulted his lease, I still had to pay her three hundred and fifty dollars to remove his name from the lease. And that's mine to it.
Speaker 5: That's right, I understand that. Okay, Now what did you do about I want to ask a side question here just for you. What did you do about the ownership? Were you both on the title?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: We just left it as that, okay, keep going yep.
Speaker 7: So a month later, without my knowledge, without my permission, you know, she made up a whole new lease and added him back to the lease, and she increased my rent.
Speaker 30: And she never sent me a copy of this lease.
Speaker 5: So, but the least did you sign it?
Speaker 7: I signed my lease that said that we were going to remove him and add me.
Speaker 22: Okay, and on that lease knowledge to the least, not the home.
Speaker 7: Right the lease for the lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, you signed okay, okay, I get it. But when you signed this new lease, did it have anything about price? Escalations in it.
Speaker 7: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm happy, I mean it.
Speaker 9: Copy of it?
Speaker 5: Okay, you will in a second, so tell me what the problem is. Then you signed a new lease for the lot, correct, Okay? So what happened then?
Speaker 7: So then she made up a whole new lease, adding him back, adding Ryan back to it.
Speaker 5: When did she do that? You signed a new one? You signed a new one in twenty twenty one. When did she y? When did she just arbitrarily made a new one?
Speaker 7: Yes, in June of twenty twenty one, I signed May twenty one.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, did she like throw out your the one you signed?
Speaker 7: I have no idea what she did with the one that I signed. But the one that she used to evict me was Ryan's lease, not even my lease and his.
Speaker 5: But do you have a copy of the one that you signed?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well I gave it to the court.
Speaker 5: Okay, But you do have it, so you do have proof that you were the leaseholder? And how did she evict you on the she made a brand new lease? Did he sign it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Did you sign it?
Speaker 7: Sign it?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 7: No, she's the only person who signed it.
Speaker 5: Well, then they can't she can't enforce that lease. Did did she kick you out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well she kicked me out, and I'm the domestic violence victim. She vied me with the six thousand dollars that he racked up before I was even on the lease, and I had.
Speaker 28: To pay that.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, hold on, Hold on. Okay, Vanessa, listen, when you said he did the domestic violence and he left. At the time he left, was there rent owed on the lot?
Speaker 7: Yes, there was almost six thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's what's happening. That's what's happening. Did she ever tell you when you signed that lease that you had.
Speaker 13: To make up.
Speaker 7: Nope, I have not any emails.
Speaker 5: It's not in your new lease that you have to make up that deficit. She was going to kiss it goodbye.
Speaker 7: Well, she she hid that from me. So the day that I signed them Wait, wait.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? What did you hold on? What did she hide.
Speaker 7: From you the six thousand dollars debt?
Speaker 5: And then then the day you signed it you were saying something else. Go ahead, yep.
Speaker 7: So the day that I signed the lease, she added to the to the invoice a two hundred and seventeen dollars late feet for the rent. But she never told me that I owed rent or that rent was owed on the on the lot. So then she went and evicted me.
Speaker 5: Did she evict you because of the six thousand dollars that had racked up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay. But see this is what I don't understand. You were never on that lease for the sixth grand, exactly in the new lease. Hold on, I'm taking you at your word. The new lease never ever added that sixth grand to your new lease. Correct, there's nothing on that new lease at all that says you owe six grand.
Speaker 22: Is he's still on the title of the home?
Speaker 7: Yes, I am.
Speaker 22: Is he still on it?
Speaker 7: Yes he is?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 22: Can the argument then be made that he's still on the home, that he can be added to that least there tom.
Speaker 5: Not automatically, but it can be argued. It can be argued, it can be argued that there six thousand dollars old. Whether or not they can go after her, I think they can. Probably. Did they attempt to do any kind of a lean on your trailer?
Speaker 7: I believe so.
Speaker 5: See, I do think they could take I do think they can take that mobile home his half.
Speaker 27: Vanessa, what I skipped over the fact that the lease was in court.
Speaker 5: What's going on with where? And how is it? Yeah? Yeah, well you're being sued. You're being sued for eviction. Is that right?
Speaker 27: Right?
Speaker 7: But so that that all happened in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, why are we wait? Hold on to say did you actually move out? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: I was locked out April seventeenth of this year. Wait a minute, I've gone through this.
Speaker 5: Hold hold on, Vanessa, you're wait, you're skipping way too much. Please help me out. In April of twenty twenty one, Just no, it's okay. In April of twenty twenty one, he defaulted on the lot lease and moved out due to domestic violence. You signed new lot lease in April of twenty twenty one, right May?
Speaker 7: In May twenty one?
Speaker 5: Okay, now hold on. Then she then she did what? In June?
Speaker 7: She made a new lease adding him back to it as a tenant. But there was a no hold.
Speaker 5: On I When did she evict you in what month?
Speaker 7: In August?
Speaker 5: In August she evicted twenty twenty one. Okay, were you paying? Let me ask you this. You signed the new lease in May. Did you pay for May, June, July?
Speaker 7: I received help from neighbor to neighbor. They paid from December of twenty twenty to November of twenty twenty one, and you were in.
Speaker 5: You were not You were not behind at the time she started the eviction. You were not behind.
Speaker 7: So Ryan technically was behind, I understand from his old lease, but you from the time.
Speaker 5: I just need a straight answer from the time you took over the lease. You never defaulted one month on that lead, not one.
Speaker 7: So I contacted her in August and I said, I'm a little concerned. I haven't received an invoice or a statement for the rent since I've signed my lease in May. Can you help me out?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Hold on, no, no, no, no, we don't go from May to August. Here's what I need to know. What date did you sign it in May?
Speaker 7: May seventeenth?
Speaker 5: Did you when was rent? When was lot rent due? After you made it in May seventeen?
Speaker 7: I never received a lot rent?
Speaker 5: Okay, so listen, I'm sorry, but you have to answer me, whether you like the answer or not. So in May you did not pay rent? Did you pay lot rent for June?
Speaker 7: I know because I didn't receive.
Speaker 5: Did you pay lot rent for July?
Speaker 7: No, because I didn't receive that, and you.
Speaker 5: Did not pay lot rent for August. So at the time you were evicted, you personally were behind four months of lot rent.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no no no, I'm sorry. So I can't. So I signed the lease in May of twenty one, and I did not. She never sent me a statement for the lot rent.
Speaker 22: I get it.
Speaker 5: I don't care about it. You still owe it whether she send you a statement or not. Vanessa, I'm really trying to help you. So I just need to know was lot rent paid after you signed your lease?
Speaker 7: Technically?
Speaker 5: Technically did you, Vanessa? I'm sorry, Vanessa, Vanessa, Vanessa, I'm not asking about an invoice. I'm not asking about communication. I am not asking about anything except transfer of funds. At any time after you took responsibility and signed a lease, did you ever pay lot rent after that?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 5: When in.
Speaker 7: Either in September of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, hold on in September. Was the first time you paid rent after signing the lease in May?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay? Now did you make up when you made that payment all the previous months that were missing?
Speaker 9: Correct? You did so in advance.
Speaker 5: Good. So in September of twenty twenty one, you paid for May, June, July, August, and September.
Speaker 7: I paid for December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November of what of twenty twenty and twenty twenty.
Speaker 22: One you paid almost a year and a half rent at once.
Speaker 7: Yes, neighbor to neighbor paid my rent for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, so late, so you so, but you didn't tell me so. But you didn't even owe the rent before you signed the least.
Speaker 10: No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you paid it anyway.
Speaker 7: I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 5: I get it. I look at that. I understand. I am not asking for reasoning or excuse. I swear I'm not. I'm just I just need to know. You have proof that in September of twenty twenty one, you paid every single dime of rent ode except that sixth grand.
Speaker 22: Yes, plus almost a full year.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, I'm sorry, No, no, no, every single dime ode, including that sixth grand.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, you paid every dime including the sixth grand, in September of twenty twenty one. Now here's what I need to know. I just want answers. After you paid that, did she remove the eviction? Yes? Okay, We're going to take a break and come right back. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pass until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. A. Hi Tom Martine, listen, folks, I'm trying. I'm gonna summarize this here and this is really important and Alan, I please don't go away. We're gonna help you. Vanessa. I want to recap this because we are all confused, but I think I simplified it. You bought a mobile home in August of twenty twenty for five rand with your boyfriend. You each put twenty five hundred down. In April of twenty twenty one, he defaulted on the lot LEAs and had to leave due to domestic violence. Then you signed a new lead with your name only on it. May seventeenth, twenty twenty one. You were confused and didn't pay rent in August, the mobile home parks started an eviction. In September of twenty twenty one. You're saying, with the help of a charity, you made all of the back rent, including six grand owed by your boyfriend, and the eviction was stopped. Is that correct? So far?
Speaker 7: That is correct? Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, just one other detail. In September of twenty twenty one, when you paid all of the back rent, including the sixth grand for your boyfriend, Dragon also heard you say you also paid for the following year in advance. Is that true?
Speaker 7: No, No, I paid for the I paid until November of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 22: Okay, thank the clarification, Thank you got it now.
Speaker 5: So then what happened in December of twenty twenty one?
Speaker 7: So in December of twenty twenty one, I did fall behind on rent, and that occurred until August of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on now now I want to make sure I heard you. So Vanessa, December twenty twenty one, all the way through to August of twenty twenty two, you never paid rent, That's correct, Okay, So then what keep now we're in August of twenty twenty two, keep going.
Speaker 7: So then I went through another eviction where I.
Speaker 5: Received Well, of course you did. Why did she wait so long from December twenty twenty one to August of twenty twenty two? Why did she wait so long?
Speaker 7: I'm not I'm not positive if there was an eviction moratorium at the time because.
Speaker 5: Of COVID Oh I forgot all about it. Okay, So what happened then? When was another eviction started.
Speaker 7: In August of twenty twenty two?
Speaker 5: Okay? What happened then?
Speaker 7: So then I received assistance through neighbor to neighbor again.
Speaker 5: Uh huh okay? And what did they pay? Then?
Speaker 7: They paid from December of twenty one to August of twenty two.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, in other words, they paid the back rent exactly, okay, and then okay, so then what did you do then for September of twenty twenty two?
Speaker 7: So then if you f you know, fast forward to then I I fell behind again because I lost my job at that point.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Now hold on increases, so hold on, hold on. So in September twenty twenty two, after getting all of this paid for, you, you still didn't pay rent? Okay? And what happened? Okay? So now I want to keep going. September of twenty twenty two, you didn't pay Did you pay for October or November or December of twenty twenty two?
Speaker 7: No? I didn't.
Speaker 5: Okay. How long did you go that time without paying rent?
Speaker 7: Until February of twenty three?
Speaker 5: Okay? So then what happened?
Speaker 7: So then I received the assistance one more time.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you are so far ahead of the game with free money. So what happened? Then?
Speaker 7: It's I'm very fortunate, yes to receive the assistance, but oh no, no.
Speaker 5: I know. So, so hold on, and what did that assistance pay? All the back rent?
Speaker 7: They paid a lot more than that. They paid attorney fees, they paid back rent, they paid late fees, they paid maintenance fees.
Speaker 5: I get it. But till what months?
Speaker 7: That was until May of twenty.
Speaker 5: Three to pay rent?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay? Hold on through May of twenty twenty three. Okay. Then, now we're in June of twenty twenty three, did you pay rent again? I did so? You actually then in June started paying your own rent?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay? Keep going. What happened then?
Speaker 7: So then I paid in June, I paid in July, I paid for August, I paid for September and and then and she brought me to court.
Speaker 5: Why if you were paying rent, why did she take you to court?
Speaker 7: Well, because she was saying that I wasn't paying rent.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, how are you paying rent?
Speaker 7: I get money orders from Safeway and then I dropped them off and I write a little letter.
Speaker 5: So what okay? So when did she start eviction again?
Speaker 7: I went to court November eighteenth for the eviction.
Speaker 5: November of twenty twenty three, that's correct. And when you were taking a court, did you have proof that you paid up till November of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 7: I did, yes?
Speaker 5: And were you evicted?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I was not.
Speaker 7: The judge dismissed the case.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So now we're in November of twenty twenty three. You were paid through November of twenty twenty three? Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 5: This is crazy. I don't know where this is going. Hold on, I'll come back to you right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Man, I don't know what's going on with this story, but I gotta get through it. I got to get through a Vanessa. I'm not going to go over the whole thing again, but basically on and off with evictions, getting charity helping pay rent. It all came up to November of twenty twenty three. It was dismissed once again. Then what happened from November of twenty twenty three. What happened then?
Speaker 7: So then the attorney went right back to court and brought me back to court.
Speaker 5: For what to the victimy, but you were paying rent, You had proof that you paid rent. When did he take you back to court.
Speaker 7: The February twenty eighth of twenty twenty four?
Speaker 5: Did you pay when November? Did you pay December? January? February?
Speaker 7: No, because my rent was already paid.
Speaker 5: It was already paid by this charity in advance. Yes, went how far into twenty twenty three? Did they pay.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 31: Because of embezzlement that was happening through the Oh God manager, Vanessa Vanessa, Vanessa, I just need to know how far in advance did this charity pay your rent?
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: With her as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shoot's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, man, we have a story going on and and and listen. I want to help this young lady, but I want to first I want to go back to a couple people, and and and Kachina. Please ask Vanessa for for if she would please help. Excuse me, stand by. I want to help a couple people real quick, okay, and then go back to Alan. You have a question about purchasing a car out of state. Also want to tell you fix at twenty four sevens in the house Fix my Home dot Com go to book Now and please take advantage of that thirty nine dollars special if you've not had the deep extreme clean done by them. It'll add longevity and efficiency to your furnace. And we'll go back to her in a minute. Before of course, before the winter.
Speaker 20: Now is the time.
Speaker 5: In fact, you can't do it through the winter. You're too busy. But okay, Alan, you want you have a question about buying a car out of state? Right?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Hi told him, Thank you. I was hoping to talk to Mark but just kidding.
Speaker 5: No, Okay, you can though at any time, but anyway, go ahead. I purchased more cars out of state than he has. He's purchased more cars in state. I purchased three out of state, four out of state.
Speaker 16: Well this is yeah, my friend's sister lives in Maine and she's got terrible credit, and he uh wants to get her a car, either lease or whatnot. So one of the advice or something about that.
Speaker 5: Well, do you want to buy his car? Yeah?
Speaker 16: No, his sister has bad credit and.
Speaker 5: You want to buy her car?
Speaker 16: Buy a car for her?
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, you want to buy a car for this woman who lives out of state.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'll tell my friend my friend's sister, he wants to buy it for her, Okay, or or lease or something to get her some used car.
Speaker 5: And okay, hold on, Alan, I'm still confused, Alan, do you want to buy the car? Does he want to buy the car? Who wants to buy the car?
Speaker 16: He does for it?
Speaker 5: And does he live in Colorado. Correct, Yes, and he wants to buy a car for her where Maine? Okay? And she has bad credit? Is she also irresponsible?
Speaker 16: No? But uh yeah, she should probably go bankruptcy in general.
Speaker 5: But the reason I'm asking this is because I want to know if you can trust her to find a car. I don't think you can.
Speaker 16: Yeah, she probably has a limited capability to go out and search for a car.
Speaker 5: Okay. I think the best way to do it if I was going to do that, if I was going to personally do it, is to go out there in person and do it, or to buy the car here and have it shipped. I would never buy a car remote control ever. Okay, So if he wants to fly out there, it's not expensive, make a round trip buy a car. If not, then he buys it here and has it shipped. To buy a car sight unseen with an irresponsible sister with it's a recipe for disaster. Yeah.
Speaker 16: So, how so she gets the car, she would be able to go on get insurance and whatnot to drive it?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, does she have the money to get insurance and all that to drive it?
Speaker 16: Yes? She had a used car before and it just pooped out on her.
Speaker 5: Okay, and will she will he buy it outright or does he need to finance it?
Speaker 16: We were thinking about they were thinking about co signing something for it.
Speaker 5: Well, the worst thing you can ever do. There's no reason for co sign. Does he need a co signer to buy it? No, she's the one that needs it, and it's not co signing, it's signing. So when you put her on it, you complicate things. The reason you complicate things is is because if she gets into trouble and payments aren't made, he never gets to take the car back. He has to argue with her. I'm telling you this whole thing, I promise you is a recipe for disaster. The only way to buy a car for someone else is to buy it for him. You either buy it outright and give it to him, or you never finance a car with anyone else ever, ever, ever, ever never.
Speaker 16: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially and you never share a title with anyone ever. You either finance it and be on the title, or they finance it and they're on the title, give her the down payment or whatever. But don't ever co sign with anyone it. Will you called me for advice? And I promise you I'm giving you the sanest advice in the world. Does he have the how much is he going to spend on this car? Do you know?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 16: Something reliable? Really is she?
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this is she going to make the payments? Is that the plan? He was going to help her, but she was going to make the payments?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 5: Does she have a job?
Speaker 16: Yes, she's a steady study of okaid?
Speaker 5: Good, it's just.
Speaker 16: And so if he pursaes the car, and would he end up giving that to her or take the car from her?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 5: If it's his car. If she goes bankrupt, then the car is worth more than twenty five hundred. They can sell it. You get an allowance. I think it's twenty five hundred. It might have gone up a bit, but you get an allowance for a car. If she's gonna go bankrupt, he probably should buy the car, okay?
Speaker 16: And then how would she get the get use of it? Who would pay the insurance or whatnot?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, here's the thing. That's where it gets complicated again. What he could do. First of all, you said reliable, okay, use cars right now? There's nothing reliable. I know you're not gonna want to hear this, but I'm going to tell you the truth. There is nothing reliable under ten grand. Nothing, Okay, Okay. Now, people will tell you it's reliable, and you'll find cars under ten grand, and you'll find cars with more than one hundred thousand miles and all of that. But you're just asking for trouble, especially because she won't have the money to get it fixed. It's just not a good idea. So I know you didn't call for this, and it's probably you're probably thinking, oh God, why did I call? Here's the deal man he if I does he how much does he have in cash to help her? How much one hundred k? Okay? Is he willing to buy a car cash and then put it in her name and then or well, if he puts it in her name, she's going to lose it. Is she definitely going bankrupt?
Speaker 16: I believe it's recommended. I don't know that she wants to. She should have before.
Speaker 5: Well, whether she wants to or not doesn't matter if it's recommended. But here's the deal. If he had, if he can buy a car for her, she can make payments to him. That's probably the best way to do it. Then he can put it in her name and then and then he can have a lean on it and repossess it if she doesn't pay it. But he should be the lender. That's really the way it should be done. Now, that's the smart correct, the smartest. Well, he should he should buy the car and be the lender. He should buy the car. Then he drives the car out there, or have it transported out there, or he goes out there and buys it. Then she he writes a loan agreement with her, along with a security agreement, and if he doesn't do it right, it's worthless. So he has to get somebody who knows what they're doing to write a security agreement and a loan agreement, and she starts making payments to him, and if she misses, he will have the right to repossess it. It's probably the easiest, cleanest way then, because it is financed and there's no equity. As long as it's legal, bankruptcy court won't take it. They will not take a financed car. They'll only take equity twenty five hundred or more. So let's say he buys a car and he can find one for ten grand or fifteen, he writes up a contract. She starts making him payments. If she goes bankrupt in the next year or two, there's not going to be enough equity in that car for them to take. That's the easiest way to do it. If you don't know how to do that and write up a security agreement and a promisory note, he needs to get an attorney to do it. It's not going to be that expensive. What he tells the attorney is, I want to sell this card to my sister on an installment. I want her to buy it, I want her to make me payments, and I want a security agreement so I can repossess it when the time is necessary. I know it sounds like trouble, but it's the only legal, saye way for her not to get it taken away from in bankruptcy court, and it's the only sane way he can get it back if she defaults. Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven, one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, Denverregen dot com. They did my, uh, stem cell therapy for hair thickening. Look at it. It's actually it was lovely. No, I'm serious, it really is working on this serio. It's only been like a few months and it's actually growing. But they also do pain therapy and every They're great people Denverregen dot com. Three treatments for one price at Denverregen dot com for hair and then they do, of course stem cell therapy Denver Regend. Come. Okay, so I want to I want to talk to somebody needs some help, and then I'm going back to that woman. I really do want to help Vanessa. I'm not don't want to know what's going on. Ye yeah, no, really, I'm dying to hear the story and I'm not going to take anyone else after Richard, I'll take Vanessa. Well, I mean, I'll take other people, but i'll take Vanessa next. Richard, you have a question on spinal surgery. That's why I wanted to take you. It's near and dear to my heart, you know, having been in pain for many years and now no pain, zero pain. Go ahead, Richard.
Speaker 10: Yes, Tom, I saw your YouTube video, or not your only YouTube video, but a YouTube video that you had a Yeah, spine surgery using the tops Prima Premiere spine system.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Premium spine tops an. It's a spinal implant.
Speaker 10: Yes, Yes, And long story short, I had a MRI in January of twenty twenty three, and they recommended that the neurosurgeon recommended a fusion, a traditional fusion. Yeah, and I've been kind of very leery of it because I know that I'm probably between L four and L five.
Speaker 5: That's okay, let me just cut this short real quick here, Richard. Fusion is eighty five percent unsuccessful, and the other fifteen percent people still have pain. I just look at I don't care what they say. Fusion is barbaric, okay, And I'd rather do stem cell therapy or physical therapy of some kind. I wouldn't do fusion no matter what. That's why I was in pain. I would not do fusion period. Now there are some decompression surgeries that can help temporarily and for many years. But the ultimate thing, the good thing about you is that the premium spine implant literally takes the place of vertebrate. They take them out and they stem the space with this artificial implant that will never be arthritic and never in pinge your nerve again if you have here's the disadvantage. Premia or the TOPS procedure right now, as it is approved by the FDA, is only approved for a certain section of the back, and you're in it. Where you are is perfect, okay, So that's exactly where I had mine L four L five. Okay, So you're a perfect candidate.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm not one hundred percent sure about that, because twenty years ago I had a hemi laminectomy surgery.
Speaker 27: Yes, so did I, and I had read something before that.
Speaker 10: If you had a hemi laminectomy before fire, it may preclude me from getting this TOP system.
Speaker 5: Well maybe it does. I'm not a doctor. I can't tell you that. Okay, I've had When you say a laminectomy are you talking about. They basically just trimmed it.
Speaker 10: Right, they removed part of the lamanas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. I had that done years ago. Yeah, but listen, why don't you just go talk to one of the doctors that do it now, Listen, even though you know I got it, I was the first approved FDA approved surgery in the country that I know of, and I think I was, yes, the first, and Socials Medicare approved it, and so did my supplement. But when I went for my one year and a half, I went back to the doc because I was supposed to go a year after I went. Later, he said that there are some insurances not covering it because they still, even though it's FDA approved, they're still calling it experimental, and I think that's rude, blued and tactooed. I think the reason they're doing that is because they don't want to pay for it. Yet it's cheaper than regular fusion, and it's more successful and they pay for regular fusion. So why they're not paying for it in all cases? I don't know. I don't know who your coverage is or who your insurance is, but I do know not all insurances will cover it, but you know that upfront.
Speaker 9: Okay, so.
Speaker 10: You're still very happy with the top that you had in soul?
Speaker 5: Am I happy with it? Yes? Okay, let me explain this to you. I went into surgery at two in the afternoon. By six that evening, I'm walking around the hospital ward and leaving the next morning. And people who had fusion were in there for a week, and the people who got out are still in pain. I've run into them and and I've had zero pain. I've worked out, I lost weight, I got strong. I mean, what can I tell you, sir there? I can't tell you you're going to have that success. This doctor, my neurosurgeon, said, Tom, A lot of people are coming to me because of you. But you have to understand something. You were a very unusual, a very unusual sixty nine year old man at the time. So I'm seventy one now, and he said, or I might have been turning seventy. You're very unusual in that you had strong bones that can take the You know, not everyone and I don't mean unusual special. Most people can, but there are some who have weak bones. They don't have the structure to take the implant. Okay, so really you just have to go see a doctor. I went to a neurosurgery one and doctor Joshua Beckman. But you can go. I think there are more than more than him doing it in the Denver metro area.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 5: Tom Neurosurgery one. Okay, thank you, Richard. I weally wish you the best. Vanessa. Basically, rather than going through this whole painful journey since basically twenty twenty one until twenty twenty three, no, twenty twenty four, you have been on and off through eviction with this mobile home park for the lot rent, and you've had charity help you to the tune of maybe one hundred grand almost. And right now now you say they took you back. We're up to February of twenty twenty four. They took you back, the park took you back to court. Correct, And you say even though they took you for non payment in February, you say you have proof that you did pay. Now, let me just ask you this, how much did the charity pay this time through? When in twenty twenty four did they pay for the whole twenty twenty four? What did they pay for.
Speaker 30: They didn't pay for anything in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Four, okay, But in February of twenty twenty four, you were they did an eviction, right correct? And what was the result of that eviction? That was for non payment? Right correct? And what months was that for non payment.
Speaker 28: Of That was for for October, November, December and January.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now were they accurate that the rent was not paid for those months?
Speaker 30: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay. So then in February of twenty twenty four, were you finally evicted.
Speaker 30: Yes, using Ryan's lease.
Speaker 5: I get it, I get it. But but okay, I get I know exactly. So why are you calling today? What's the story today? How can we help you? What is your contention today?
Speaker 30: So I just I really don't know what direction to go in.
Speaker 5: Well, what have you done since February? You were evicted in February, where did you go? Where did you go?
Speaker 30: I didn't have anywhere to go?
Speaker 5: Well where are you living?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 30: So since number fourth I came to a friend's house.
Speaker 5: Just what were you doing from February till September? What were you doing?
Speaker 7: I was just staying in long month and then okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so here, let me explain something to you, Vanessa, and I promise you, I swear to you. I took so much time and I'm looking over every note in detail. You paid twenty five hundred dollars up front with your boyfriend. He paid twenty five and you bought a trailer. You were living there for most of the time without ever paying rent on your own. Okay, here's what I'm saying. I'm not putting you down. I'm giving you some facts of life here. And I don't mean this to teach you a lesson. I mean this. I want you to see the good in this. You have gotten so much more than you're twenty five hundred dollars back and the value of a used trailer. You are ahead of the game right now. So even though you were evicted and you said it was on his lease, it doesn't matter. You were so sporadic with nonpayment of rent that no court in the world or no people listening to your story will say poor Vanessa. They won't. You've gotten more charity than most people get in a lifetime. You've gotten more people to pay your rent, You've gotten more people to help you with attorney's fees and back. All of this so now, when you were evicted in February of twenty twenty four, I say, so what, even though I don't want to see you homeless or anything, you lost nothing everything? No, you lost nothing. You see you're looking at it the wrong way. You lost nothing. You gained the system to the tune of about one hundred grand from what I could figure out. I'm not saying you played the game. I'm not saying you're evil or bad. I'm not. I'm trying to let you see where you are. You have nothing coming to you and nothing owed to you. If you lost everything, it's your problem. Let me ask you something. Why did you never pay rent or pay Why did you have charity pay rent for you for twenty one, twenty two, twenty three and parted? But tell me why did you not? Are you disabled? Were you not able to work? Tell me what your situation is so I can understand you better.
Speaker 30: No, I'm not disabled. I was working.
Speaker 7: I was. Everyone in the park is being overcharged and unlawfully.
Speaker 5: Vanessa, you were not overcharged because you didn't pay. Vanessa, here's what I want to know. What did you lose?
Speaker 7: I lost everything? I lost my home, I lost.
Speaker 5: My No, no, No, you didn't lose your You paid twenty five hundred for that home, and you got ten times that, you got one hundred times back. I want to know what you lost.
Speaker 7: I didn't get anything.
Speaker 5: That mobile home probably wasn't worth the five grand you paid for it. What I'm saying to you is.
Speaker 30: This, It wasn't but I put everything into it.
Speaker 7: I'm not from here.
Speaker 12: What did you put into it?
Speaker 5: Vanessa? I'm not trying, Vanessa. I promise you a.
Speaker 7: Lot of money into it. How much a lot of money? How much thousands of dollars really on the five thousand. Yes, I have receipts for everything that I paid for.
Speaker 5: Give me the biggest thing you put. Give me the biggest Give me the biggest investment you made in that trailer, in that mobile home.
Speaker 7: What is windows in there? I put door I'm okay, pile in there.
Speaker 30: I'm putting walls up.
Speaker 7: I'm I bought a new refrigerator.
Speaker 5: Okay. So when you were evicted in February, When you were evicted in February, what did they do with the mobile home?
Speaker 30: Well, it got broken into. They just they didn't evict me. They just locked the doors on me.
Speaker 5: Okay. They might have done that.
Speaker 28: It reached it.
Speaker 5: They might do that.
Speaker 22: I can do that because you own the home.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, Vanessa, they did this.
Speaker 7: Time and everything was stolen.
Speaker 5: I don't even have a mattress, and I'm Vanessa. I understand that. Vanessa. I know what you're saying. But I'm saying, in the big Book of checks and balances, you take it, and I was.
Speaker 30: So fortunate to receive help from me.
Speaker 5: It's possibly, Vanessa, I'm not. It's possible you were wrong, but you will you were also righted. What I mean by that is this, if you take on the big Book of score, everything that you spent and everything that you got, you're not behind.
Speaker 7: I know that, but I am.
Speaker 5: I know you are.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: No, I know, Vanessa. I know that you are because to you it feels like a loss. It's not a net loss, but it is a loss. What I'm saying is, instead of fighting this battle that you will never win. It will be too expensive and no one will take up. No one is going to take this legal battle. That's it's impossible. I'm telling you the truth. If you called me, I promise you I'm not trying to make you feel bad. Instead of trying to fight this old battle. Just move forward now, heck you well, you need a job right or do you have a job.
Speaker 30: No, I'm working with to get an internship.
Speaker 7: But I have nowhere to go.
Speaker 27: No.
Speaker 5: I understand. How old are you, Vanessa? How old are you?
Speaker 7: Thirty two?
Speaker 5: Okay? I look, there are places that can help you. Are you addicted to any drugs? Okay? And are you staying with friends right now?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay. Here's the problem though, Vanessa. It's not like you didn't get charity before. So even if somebody gave you money, I'm not sure you would even use it wisely to get on your seat.
Speaker 7: Money.
Speaker 5: What do you need? Need?
Speaker 15: Money?
Speaker 5: What do you need?
Speaker 28: I just need?
Speaker 7: So this the court order is invalid, unenforceable.
Speaker 5: What is the court order? What is the court order? I gotta take a break. What is it, Vanessa? What's the what's the court order?
Speaker 7: So the court order its me out?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: And it doesn't Okay. So Ryan is not listed as a party in the case.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, Vanessa, we will look into your case. Do you have a case number?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 5: Okay, Deputy d I really want you to look at this case through your account. Hold on Vanessa. We're not gonna kiss a goodbye. I can't make you any great promises. We will look into the case. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're shore. Let me get to him. Look, people, no matter what you think of me, I just couldn't hang up on that girl. But she's got a problem. She just doesn't understand responsibility of any kind. And I don't think she put thousands into that mobile home. I just don't. But the other part we have is that she's still on the title that guy. So even if she, I mean, there's no way to help her, because even if everything they did was illegal, she still has a mobile home that she has to pay on with him as half of it. He can come in and take half or demand that she sell it. I don't even understand what's going on. But did people hear I hear people on YouTube and people texting me saying she said she was pregnant or had a baby, And I don't remember that, and I.
Speaker 22: Too, if that's what she said, I missed it.
Speaker 20: I heard that she that she had a child, and Dimitri heard.
Speaker 5: That she's Okay, here's the thing, here's the thing. And I don't know why this happens, and I I do feel sorry for people, even people who don't understand responsibility. Nobody put her in that position. She got more help than most people ever get and kept squandering the help. Think about it. There was at one time they came in and paid a year and a half of back rent and forward rent a year and a half total at one time, plus attorney's fees and collection fees to keep her in that place, and the very next month she didn't pay.
Speaker 27: And if she's working, why isn't she paying rent.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not trying to pile it on her. I was trying to show her she's ned ahead rather than trying to fight for that trailer. She just needs to keep working and try to get a place. There are places that will help her as a single mom. There are places, but you're not no one. No one is going to help her go back and try to retrieve that trailer where half of it is owned by a guy who took out a gun and shot at her or shot in the kitchen. Nobody, Hannah, real quick, I need to change the topic. I really do you have the special for the thirty nine dollars cleaning deep clean? Get it done now? When is that going to go away? Somebody texted and said, you keep saying before the cold when does it actually go away? And I I'd like to answer, it's when you can't handle it on the schedule anymore, right as soon as it's the first cold snap, I think.
Speaker 26: So what happens is when we have that cold snap and folks haven't taken care of their systems, right, that's when we get those emergency calls and retechnicians there.
Speaker 20: Then it's very difficult for us to schedule.
Speaker 5: But you still will do them if you can get them in the schedule, but almost never.
Speaker 20: But right now is the time when we can get you in. Yeah, it is not a problem.
Speaker 26: And then you don't have to worry in the winner and we're not showing up when you're breaking down because you're not breaking down because you have that deep clean the maintenance and you are good to go.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Look at I know that I got behind talking to her and all of that. One Clear Choice Garage Doors they have a twenty four to seven service. Why would they happen to have that for a garage door because if you can't get a closed at night, that that's a security issue. They have twenty four to seven service. They also have all of their prices on their website. They also do every part of the door, every part of the opener. That's one Clear Choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your bridge at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina on here three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. We'll only have a We only have a few minutes left on the show. I don't know. There seems to be a consensus that this woman might be your own worst enemy, and it happens. But the question that I have, and this has happened from doing this show for years and years and years and years, where does the poor me syndrome come from? Where does it come from? The poor me? When we know it doesn't happen and overnight? Where does that? Where does that syndrome come from? What do you think, Hannah? Where do you think it comes from? Mmmm?
Speaker 20: Where does the poor mean?
Speaker 5: Because we hear it all the time. You've been in the media for years, people, you don't you know, you do marketing and stuff like I do, right, but you also do a show. You also do some anchoring. So okay, how many that's the entire the entire human population is poor me?
Speaker 26: I think in many ways right now we are witnessing a society where there's a victim, Olympics where it's a competition almost, but at the end of the day, you have control of you and you can't argue that where it comes from.
Speaker 5: I don't know, all right. The thirty nine dollars special fix Myhome dot Com book now, Fix my Home book now, don't forget three oh three Martino three oh three, six, two seven eight, four sixty six, and we'll be in touch with you. Never standhold, Save all your problems for me.