Speaker 1: Donald Trump rashing, the comic recession looming. What happens next?
Speaker 2: Watch what happens will happen right here on fifty five KRC, the talkstation. It's at oh six here at fifty five KRC, the Talk Station, and a very happy Tuesday to you. Sadly, just got word Daniel Davis head to cancel. He's under the weather today, so we won't getting a deep dive from Daniel Davis, but we will begin in the inside scoop from bright Bart News, which we do every Tuesday at eight to a five. Joining us today for the first time, hopefully not the last. Curtains and Dalka, who's the bright Bart London Deputy editor. And a quick reminder to everybody in my listening audience b R E I T. B A R T. Breitbart dot Com, book market, You'll be glad you did. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Kurt Zendalka, it's a pleasure to have you on today. Thanks for having me broan my pleasure. And someone who can explain that the situation is going on with the French elections. I understand a judge recently ruled that the UH the National rally, and the front runner in the election, Marine Leapenn, is now ineligible run for public office for five years, which sounds rather arbitrary because apparently Marine Lapenn was found guilty of embezzlement of European Union funds. Now, let me just ask as an initial question, Kurt, if I may the European Union rules or does the country of France itself render ineligible a political candidate who's been found guilty of embezzlement or some other crime or is this sort of a made up penalty by the court.
Speaker 1: Business never happened to this scale before. Like you said, she was found guilty of embezzling funds, and even that is sort of a dubious claim to be a crime in the first place.
Speaker 3: So what she's accused.
Speaker 1: Of, and fellow numbers or a party was accused of, was using European Union funds for her party. So this is money that was supposed to go to her party anyway and using it in France for political activities there. So it was money that was supposed to go to her party, but she may have used it in the wrong location and they're calling that embezzlement. And this is clearly a very novel legal case and making it even worse, they've said that even during an appeal, which typically in France you get you return the presumption of innocence, she is not being afforded that right. So they're saying, even during an appeal, this band is going to stand in place.
Speaker 3: And so this is.
Speaker 1: Clearly being taken by people on the left and right in France across Europe as being an intentional interference by the judiciary into the political system.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly sounds that way. I mean, the case has not been finally adjudicated, whatever the trial court says. If she's gotten a right to an appeal, this seems to go far and away beyond any penalty that she would face if she was ultimately concluded to be guilty of embezzlement in a political death sentence. I'm just I canna understand that. But again, being the front runner, I will well, does this court effectively remove her from the ballot.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna it's gonna take some time.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's going to depend on how fast she can get the appeal through. I've heard that it's possible that the appeal could go through as early as next year, in which case she may be able to get back on the ballot, but that's depending on the French courts actually going in in an efficient manner, which is certainly not always the case over there. And it also requires her to actually win on appeal, which given the left wing leaning of the French judiciary, is certainly doubtful.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, going back to that point, because that was the next question I was going to make. Obviously, you have left and right leaning judiciary much in the same way we struggle with the same problem. It's supposed to be equal treatment of the law, but we all know that judges have their political ideologies, and so they could the appellate appeals process, I guess, could be slowed down, perhaps intentionally, to get her out of the running completely while this this penalty of not being able to run for public office remains in place.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: And in many ways, like we've seen in law fair cases throughout the West, including in the United States, often the process is the penalty, right. Like we saw with Donald Trump, they sidelined his campaign for months by forcing him to sit in a New York courtroom, and that effectively took them off the campaign trail so very much. So this is going to distract her from being able to campaign and she's going to have to deal with this for the next year at least.
Speaker 2: Well, I suppose there may be some legal argument over the penalty itself that you know, you know, obviously you're going to have to appeal. The entire conviction of embezzlement involves, you know, fact findings and what the trial courts said, and YadA, YadA, YadA. But I mean, we have injunctions and other legal mechanisms that could deal with sort of a subset of the broader legal issue. Is there that process? Does that process exist in France?
Speaker 1: It doesn't appear so, so she's gonna have to come through this appeal process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's the reaction of the French people? Obviously I suppose this divided along political lines to some degree, But listen, uh, these things are just sometimes a question of whose ox is being gored. But a practical objective person might say, well, this is beyond the pale. I'm not a fan a fan of Marine la pen but this could happen to my guy and I don't want that to happen down the road. So what's the temperature of the French people generally in reaction to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're exactly right, Brian so John Luke Melischan, he's the leader of the main far left party in France. You sort of like an equivalent. He's their equivalent to Bernie Sanders. He came out against the ruling, saying that the French people should be deciding who their their their their elected officials are, not not at Paris Court because obviously he I think he's concerned that the French establishment would go after his far left party as well, maybe keep them off the ballot. And other opponents of Marine Lapenn's, including the leader of the Centrists, sort of neoliberal labor republicans.
Speaker 3: Uh, he came.
Speaker 1: Out against it and saying this isn't healthy for democracy.
Speaker 3: So we're seeing we're seeing.
Speaker 1: Opponents of la Penn come out in her favor. We've seen also Italian Prime Minister Georgia Maloney, she came out against the ruling.
Speaker 3: She's been at odds with Lapenn over over.
Speaker 1: Issues in the European Union before, and she said she said that, uh that you know, it's just it's depriving millions of French citizens of their rights representation, and her deputy went even further Metseeo Salvini. He's been a long standing ally of dependence, but he described this as an act of war from Brussels, from the European Union, trying to stem this rising populist.
Speaker 3: Movement which is sweeping across Europe. And I think.
Speaker 1: There's certainly some merit in that. And we've also seen, you know, in Romania and other EU nation recently banned their front running populist candidate George Escue from running for president over there too, So it seems like the tactic of using law fair against political opponents is becoming increasingly in vogue across Europe.
Speaker 2: So there is, and you've summed it up quite nicely, anticipating what I was going to ask you next. The general political temperature in France as well as the European Union, for what I've been able to glean, is sort of like what has happened here in the United States. This sort of rising populist movement I think predicated here in the United States to a certain degree, if not a significant degree, on our broken borders and being overwhelmed by the influx of illegal immigrants and the problems that that's brought about, that's been across political lines. People generally are upset with that, and I think that's one of the reasons Donald Trump got elected in the face of this, you know, constant Trump derangement syndrome, evil Orange Man We've been dealing with a long time. So is that generally the case in the European Union.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you have to consider the European Union has been facing a migrant crisis since about twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen. Yeah, since Angela Merkel effectively opened up the borders of the continent to Asia, to the Middle East and Africa, and places like France have been completely transformed by mass migration, and in some ways even more so than the United States, because we've been seeing frequent terror attacks, yes, in places like as in Germany, the Netherlands, et cetera, from radical Islamists. You know that those are sort of the people that are coming into the European Union. And this is radically transforming the political scene in Europe, which is one of the reasons why Marine Leapenn and her National Rally Party, which is the main anti mass migration party in France, has been surging in the polls, and like you said earlier, she is the undisputed front lunner in the race to replace Emmanuel la Crone in twenty twenty seven when his term limits are up. And so it's it's and we've just recently seen in Germany the anti mass migration alternative for Germany, the AfD to see.
Speaker 3: Their biggest election results ever.
Speaker 1: We've seen Ker Wilders in the Netherlands, the biggest populace there. He's essentially controlling the Dutch government.
Speaker 3: After years of neoliberal governance.
Speaker 1: So it's clear that mass mic is radically transforming the political nature of the EU. And rather than changing their policies or or actually addressing the concerns of the public, it appears that the powers that be are content with using lawfare mechanisms to stop their political opponents rather than you know, fixing their borders.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's certainly that that movement to a you know, more protectionist about culture and heritage, uh and concerns over mass migration. That would certainly go a long way to explaining why even some of the polar opposite side of the political ledger of Marie La Penn would be defending her and rejecting this ridiculous banning of public from public office for five years, because they have voters that they need to appeal to, so they need to come across, you know, at least reasonable as to the court's treatment of her. I mean that, you know, to save their political wives or at least, you know, bolster than to some degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I will say that they're probably more concerned about their own skins rather than protecting the borders. Jean Luke Malshan is certainly no friend of hard line immigration policies, but he's certainly concerns that. Hey like, if he wants to push through some hardline the socialist economic policies which anger the elites and Brussels too, he might face similar similar problems in the courts.
Speaker 2: Now in terms of the immigrant population in France, I have a friend of mine, a high school friend of mine. He's been living in France now for the last thirty years or more, married to French girl. He is a French citizen and I was talking with him, and it is extraordinarily difficult to become a citizen of France. You need to be very fluent in the language and history. And I got the impressions of French people were not only very out of their heritage in their history, but very protective of, you know, keeping it. I don't want to say pure for sounding like some kind of Nazi or something, but just protective of it. Now, the immigrant population, are they considered you since you can roam freely among the European Union countries? Are they citizens of France or are they just sort of there.
Speaker 3: It's certainly a mix of both.
Speaker 1: So, as you said, the EU has the sheng Gan Zone, which means that if you're a legal residence, whether a citizen or not, of any of the twenty seven member states, you can freely move about within any other country in Europe. So there is a large population of people like that. There's certainly a lot of illegal migrants who claim asylum dubious claims, but that gives them the right to move around. And also there's a large population of people from Northern Africa, places like Algeria, where France used to have a colony, right that many people moved over to France starting in the nineteen seventies continuing on.
Speaker 3: So it's certainly a mix of both. But we're seeing like one.
Speaker 1: Of the big problems with that is that a lot of these people.
Speaker 3: Are sort of clustered in essentially.
Speaker 1: Ghettos where they're all they're all sort of together, and it's sort of wiping out the French people who were there.
Speaker 3: The French culture. It's very and.
Speaker 1: This is breeding a lot of concern among the French people. As you rightly say, the French people, either on all sides of the political spectrum, are very proud of French history, French culture, and they're very concerned about the rising Islamism in the country.
Speaker 3: I did a report last.
Speaker 1: Week for breif Bart London on on a poll which found that four and ten people in France are actively concerned that a civil war might break out in the country over the rising ethnic divisions and rising Islamism and the breakdown and trust and institutions to actually protect the French people. So mass migration is having a big, big impact in France across the rest of Europe as well.
Speaker 2: And I've also read before we part, companies need to observe and maybe you can say yes or no. It's true that there are certain areas within France with these so called ghettos or high concentrations of immigrant populations where the police don't even go like no go zones, are sort of afraid to even enter the area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's certainly true. We've seen the similar things in Sweden elsewhere across Europe, and yeah, there are just large sections. I mean two years ago there was we it didn't get as much coverage in the United States, but there were about like, there were a couple months of riots across a lot of these areas, constant fires after a police killing of an Algerian heritage teenager it seemed that he was confronting the police, perhaps illegally, but yeah, that France burned for months because of that, and it was mostly in these locations with high density of Algerian and other ethnic minorities. So there are certainly currently a lot of problems going on in these in these areas, as you.
Speaker 2: Say, Kurtzondalka, Bright Bart London Deputy Editor. You can find them online at Breitbart dot com. See what do you as to write about, Kurt. It's been a real pleasure having you on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Keep up the great work and I'll look forward to having you on the program again. Thanks a lot, Brian, my pleasure eight twenty one fifty five KRC the talk station. Imaging can be affordable. Just don't go to the hospital imaging department where you're going to pay, oh maybe thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram. Why well, because because they know that they can make a ton of money on you. Because most people don't consider that they have a choice when it comes to medical care, and they take their doctor's advice. And who will refer you to the hospital system that owns his or her medical practice where you'll pay thirty five hundred bucks for an echo cardiogram? Could be more, could be a little less. Nowhere near as low as you'll get it at affordable imaging services, where an echo cardiogram without an enhancement is five hundred dollars and it includes the board certified radiologist report need an enhancement eight hundred bucks, still a mere fraction of the price you pay at the hospital. Same thing goes across the board, MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds, lung screenings, cardiac scorings. It's a fraction, So take take up the opportunity to go where you want. When it comes to medical care. They use the same kind of equipment. It's just very very low overhead. I've hit several scans there. I got another one coming up in a week or so for my CT scan. Affordable imaging services I save a lot of money and you will to find them online Doublemedimaging dot com. The phone number five one three, seven five three eight thousand. That's seven five three eight thousand, fifty five k r C for