Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are going to carry over our conversation from last hour talking about the necessity and the difficulty of getting a Massachusetts real ID driver's license people in every state, whether you're listening in Massachusetts or anywhere else, the deadline is May seventh. Now, if you intend to travel by airplane, you need to get a real ID. All it is is your driver's license with this insignia in the up right hand corner, which makes it a real ID. You've shown enough identification which convinces the Registry or the Triple A here in Massachusetts, which is an extension on this project from the Registry so that you could fly on airplanes. If you do not have a real idea and you just have a traditional driver's license, then what you're going to have to do is carry a US passport with you if you want to fly on an airplane after March, after May seventh, or you're going to have to take a passport if you want to go to a federal office building. Now, unlike one of our last callers last hour, Ellen from Marshfield, she has jury duty in Brockton that's a state court, so she's fine, you should bring a piece of identification with you, assuming you want to do jury duty. But that's another story for another time. So I'm going to continue on here. If we get another hour out of the conversation, great, If not, we'll move on. So if you've been at the registry recently and had a good, batter and ugly experience, let us know. I had an experience. This has been at least four years ago when I get my real idea. What happened was we had nine to eleven. We realized we had a tighten up security at the airports. TSA took over the airline checkpoints, as you know, and you have to really have identification even to get through the checkpoints. But they also now want to make it a little bit more difficult and make it a little more uniform across the country, which is fine with me. Whatever security they wanted with pose, I'm okay with it, because with them, when I'm at thirty thousand feet on an airplane, I want to make sure there's no nut job on the plane's going to do something really stupid like try to light his shoe or blow up his shoe on the plane as we had with Remember Richard Reid, the guy here in Massachusetts actually who was trying to light his shoe because it had I guess he had TNT in the shoe or something or some sort of explosive device. So we want security, and in order to have security, we got to give up a little bit of liberty. I get that. I get that. And at the same time, this is a deadline which has been delayed several times, at least once or twice because of COVID, and now this deadline is for real. So let's get back to the call, see what people have to say. I'm hoping that Joe in Boston, who we tried to get on last hour is at the phone right now. Hey, Joe, we're going to get you to the head of the line. Here, go right ahead. You're on night side.
Speaker 3: Hi, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I could hear you? Find Joe? Where were you before? I think my producer said you had walked away from the phone. Not a good idea. Go ahead, Joe. What's been your experience with the real ID.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't had to do it recently, but a few years ago I had to get a real ID. I wanted to get one, and just so you know, it only was good for four years, not five. That's one thing.
Speaker 2: Well, well it might have been the cycle of my real idea that I'm looking at right now. It was issued to me on June second, twenty twenty three, and it expires in July of twenty twenty eight, so it's actually good for a little more than five years. So it could have been that your license was only a year old when you got it, and maybe they said, well, we can only give you the balance of your current license. I think it depends upon we're in the license cycle. You you applied to get the real real idea.
Speaker 3: Well, it had expired, but it was less than two years expired, so that's why I could upgrade it and get a new one.
Speaker 2: And that might so you were you were driving on an expired license, expired license for two years, and no one grabbed You're good for you, but that you were lucky Joe.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I wasn't. I wasn't driving. Oh okay, I didn't have a car during then, Okay, okay I didn't. Yeah, well why you only got four years?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know, but I'm sure there's some registry rule of regulation that they applied. I'm sure that they weren't trying to cheat you, but.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm not. I'm not worried about that. By the way. The guy from New Hampshire, he only mentioned the couple forms that he has summit, and that told me that he probably got a regular idea on a real one if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think that was Bernie from New Hampshire. And Bernie said that his wife is like somebody who is somebody who really puts a folder together and gives him everything that he needs. And so he almost sounds like his wife takes care of that. He was making the point that she put in the license and put in whatever else you know, his his SO security card or whatever. So I'm sure that he got a real ID. He's a pretty sharp guy. By the way.
Speaker 3: Well, well, the guy who said he said not federal ID, I thought he was New Hampshire. He was the one who only mentioned a couple of documents, and it sounded like if it says not a federal ID, he must have gotten a real one. And he said it would have been good enough for him because he didn't need a real one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure if that I know it wasn't Bernie, that might have been Abraham from Newby put I my calls.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, well the main, the main, the main reason I called. The main reason I called was that I was going to try and renew a license at some point, and if I didn't have to get an appointment, it could just walk in to be good. However, both TV and radio, including WBS, have mentioned walking appointments, and my I talked to a person on the phone and at the registry, and she said that if you don't need to fly before after May seventh, then they don't give you a walk in. If you're going to need to fly, then the walk in is available, but otherwise need to make an appointment.
Speaker 2: And what I heard today, and again there's always a lot of confusion here, but what I heard today was that. But what my producer told me was that they had decided that because a lot of people had difficulty getting appointments, as some friends of mine told me they the only appointment they could get was in Nantucket, that the registry late today decided that they would accept people you could walk in. So I'll try to check that in the break. If you're correct. That would make sense what you're saying that if they said, gee, you know, I got to take a plane on May eighth, can I get my real ID, they would take that person and give them a priority over somebody who had said, Gee, I don't have to fly in the next year, but I'd like to get my real ID. So I'll see if there was a statement that the Registry clarified that today. But I'll have that fra on the other side of that.
Speaker 3: I was talking to the Registry person and she said that that was the case, and I assumed that if you needed a real idea to get into some federal building, that would give you a chance for a walk in also, but we didn't discuss that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I've got here this is a story from Channel five, So let me read it to you. If you still have not gotten a real ID, good news. The Massachusetts Registery of Motor Vehicles is offering walking appointments for procrastinators at all branches. And then it goes on to say, as of May seventh, twenty twenty five, every air traveler eighteen years of age or older will need a real ID to come a real ID compliant driver's license or Identification card, another Transportation Security Administration acceptable form of identification for domestic air travel and to enter certain federal facilities. The new ID meets federal standard and is characterized by a gold star in the upper right hand corner of the of the license. If you still have an old ID and this is not going to let me roll up here, Oh this is frustrating. I wish I had a produce a sitting here with me, but that's okay. Here we go. This is from another station, the registery motor vehicles to see more and more people trying to get a real ID or identification card. I've head of next announced Tuesday yesterday, and it's now accepting walking appointments for people who need the real ID for imminent travel plans. So you're right, You're right, Joe. You gotta have a RE you gotta have an imminent travel plan. Good correction, Joe, I thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks Joe, have a good one.
Speaker 2: All right. We'll keep rolling here. And the only line open we got full lines is six one seven, and full lines always music to my eyes. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the phones, you go. I'm gonna go to Scott in Quincy. Scott, welcome next on Nightside. How are you sure?
Speaker 4: And Yan not a great show you And I was fortunate enough that when I got my real idea a couple of years ago at the Triple A office in Quincy, and uh, it was it was easy for me. I had my passport, my driver's license, my Ham radio license, my Massachusetts firearms license, and just about every bill uh and piece of identifying literature I could bring with me. And it was like a slam dunk for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know. The person last hour who raised the concern was he said that he had a post office box because he wanted to have you know, the security and privacy and had and he said that post office boxes were not addresses were not helpful. But sounds to me like you had everything you needed in more. I'm not surprised Scott that, because you're a pretty thorough guy from my experience.
Speaker 4: Now here's the interesting question is there are going to be a bunch of people that will not be able to get a real I D because they have driver's licenses. But they may have been issued those drivers licenses and they may not be really who they say they are. Isn't the real ID program away for the for the FEDS to sweep up people who who who aren't who they say they are or I don't think.
Speaker 2: When it came into effect that was its intention, but it certainly might make it a little easier. I think, Look, the FEDS are pretty active right now, as I think we've seen. There was an arrest on in New Bedford yesterday. You have this guy down in Maryland who was flown down to the Seacott prison in El Salvador. I don't think he's coming back anytime soon. And yeah, there's there's this could be. This wasn't anticipated obviously when Joe Biden was president, no one was going around checking people's IDs. Uh, but if you can, if you have, you know, if you're here illegally, you shouldn't have a SOB security number, If you're here illegally, you shouldn't have a birth certificate saying you were born here. So those are the fundamental identification items that people need to get a real idea. So this might be one way to separate the wheat from the chaff. Yeah, I get your point.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Well, it's going to be interesting to see what Massachusetts does that if some people get caught up in that dragnet. And and well.
Speaker 2: I would assume that that if that if all of a sudden, someone comes up to you or me and we have a real ID and they say, okay, you know you're you know you're you're so and so, and you say, no, I'm not so and so. I'm Scott from Quinsy or I'm Dan from Nightside. Uh, and you can quickly say, I want to show you my license with my real ID.
Speaker 4: I think that's right.
Speaker 2: That would be something a piece of identification that would be on question show that we have proven to at least the registered motor vehicles that we are US citizens and we were born here and we have a SO security number. So there is that ancillary benefit, if you will, of the program for US citizens.
Speaker 4: Well, I bet there are some people shaking in their boots at the thought of they're going to have either try and get this and hope for the best, or they or they're not going to get it because they know they couldn't couldn't meet the standard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably would would not try to get it unless they could get some phony documents, but that becomes a little bit more difficult here. So that's a benefit that I had not thought of. Scott, great call, always thoughtful, Thank you as always, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good night, jam.
Speaker 2: Thanks belt, talk to you soon. I'm going to keep rolling here, picking up the pace just a little bit, going to go to Tony's and native Hey, Tony, welcome back next on night Saga right ahead, Tony.
Speaker 5: Hi, Good evening, Dan. I hope you will dult me for a few moments. The way my brain works and connect things connect. I'm driving to the airport as we speak, and we were talking about the real ID. You mentioned the access to federal buildings. Well, I happened to be going through my grandchildren in Oklahoma, so I'll be flying into Oklahoma City. And I just wanted to remind you all listeners that I know up here we were celebrating the battle Alexicon and Conkent on Saturday, but Saturday is also the thirtieth anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.
Speaker 2: And that is correct that you're very that was April. That was April nineteenth. You're in nineteen ninety five. I remember exactly where I was with my family. I was here in Massachusetts. But that was a horrifying day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want everybody to remember one hundred.
Speaker 2: Actually, can you hold hold it fors for one second, Tony, if you know mine, I'm mistaken. I remember I was when the when there was that shootout with the UH at the ranch somewhere in Texas that that ended up engulfed in flames. But we were in Disney. We were in Disney World. What was the name of the place it was. There was a guy David sebody.
Speaker 5: Who was Yeah, it was the Branch Davidians.
Speaker 2: And Branch Davidians, Yes, And what was the guy's name that was the leader of the group, David Koresh.
Speaker 5: He adopted that name as I guess, I guess the Branch Davidians before the Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and my understanding is that the Oklahoma City bombing, which did occur in April nineteenth, nineteen ninety five, was in the mind of Timothy McVeigh in retaliation for what happened at that conflagration with the camp with the the Davidians. But when that happened, we were on vacation in Disney World and we had just come back, you know, go to the morning at Disney World. We came back to the to the little motel and I turned on the TV and all of a sudden, it was like a news conference. And it took me about ten seconds to realize. I didn't know what had happened, but I said, something really bad had happened. And indeed it was the bombing of the federal building, the Mara Building in Oklahoma City. And several years later, several years ago, I visited that site with a friend of mine who was being inducted into the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame, and I was his presenter and his wife and we visited and that was a very eerie place. Have you ever been there?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have.
Speaker 5: Well with their last last summer. Yeah, I'm staying away from it this Saturday quite busy.
Speaker 2: Good. Well, good for you. Thank you for reminding us, Tony uh and I hope you have a great weekend. You'll you're going to celebrate Easter, you said with your grandchildren.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, my my new Jersey raised. The daughter has adopted in Oklahoma as her state, and she.
Speaker 2: Loved It's a great state.
Speaker 5: That's all right, It's okay.
Speaker 2: There's some great restaurants in Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: What good steak, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you that exactly, exactly, Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 5: I won't take up any more.
Speaker 6: Of your time.
Speaker 4: Just prayer well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And and they were innocent children killed in that bombing. I think it was one hundred and sixty five souls who lost their lives. And McVay was eventually, rightfully so executed. He told his Lloyd to drop all appeals. He wanted to be executed. He was a weird dude.
Speaker 5: He thought he was going to be exactly do you want to talk about? Is that that Wago book that.
Speaker 3: I just read.
Speaker 5: There's a picture of mc bay down there old vigil watch.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so that even more solidifies the the connection. And then one of a couple of his co conspirators. I think they're still serving life in prison at the supermacs out there in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, Tony.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Have you called me before?
Speaker 5: I have once in a while with some stocky comments.
Speaker 2: That's okay. You can call him and make pleasant comments or snarky comments. You're a good caller. You you recalled with with I think importance. The the incident that that horrified the nation. I mean it, it just seems that every five or ten years something comes along which is so horrific. Tony. Thank you for your time, and thank you for your call. And have a great Easter weekend with your family.
Speaker 5: Yes, have a wonderful weekend too. Take care, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Tony. Good night. All right, good night, take quick break. Here's the news. At the bottom of the hour, we will we will finish this out. At eleven o'clock. We will change and talk about the the Battle of the Titans, if you will, Donald Trump, President, Donald Trump versus Harvard University, and we'll try to explain that and get your opinions on it during the eleven o'clock hour. Uh, if there's only one line open, six one seven nine three ten thirty, dial that line you'll get in. Dial the other line, you'll get a busy signal six one seven nine three ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Back after this, it's Night Side with Dan Ray, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're talking about the real life, the real ID deadline, which exists. It's May seventh across the country. We're focusing on Massachusetts. Uh. The registery motor vehicle offices in Massachusetts, we call it. The R and V registering motor vehicles here uh and the Triple A offices which take up really provide a very great service to augment the Registry of motor vehicles. Are overwhelmed. Let me go to George and Bridgewater. George, next on nightside.
Speaker 7: Welcome back, Hey Dan, how you doing. I'm going to be your part time producers tonight. You sure you were going to check you will? You were going to check out that gentleman's uh I D at the at the at the party you got coming up? So I checked my license and I also have not for real ID.
Speaker 4: So I don't use Google that much.
Speaker 7: I use uh, you know, on my laptop co pilot AI And I say what why real I D says not for Federal ID, and it simply says, uh it it does not meet the security standards set by the real ID Act.
Speaker 2: Okay, now hold on for let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead, George.
Speaker 2: You're a You are a good listener and a good caller. So you have a Massachusetts driver's license. In the right hand upper right hand corner of the driver's license, is there a gold circle or a yellow circle with a white star in it?
Speaker 7: No, no, sir, I uh and I just found out tonight that I thought I had a real ID. Uh and I and I don't I have that, uh that saying on my license, so well not not the federal I d.
Speaker 2: No, right, So well, thank you for doing that, because I was a little confused. But I'm looking at my license right now, and I guarantee you, uh, I have in my upper right hand corner it's a gold circle. It's very small. I mean, it's not tiny, but it's not it doesn't blow your way, and it's on your license. I assume you have the silhouette of the of the Golden Dome at the State House, right Oh yeah, okay, so it's to the right of that as you look at your license, and inside the yellow circle is a white star, five pointed star, typical you know star that would look like on an American flag star. So that proves to me that I do have the real ID. And if it says on your license not for federal use, I should have asked Tim from Woburn if he had that orange that gold circle again, either gold or yellow with a white right, so you can't have them both. They got that and on my license you don't have that, and you have it. What is the language on yours? It says not for federal purposes? Is that when it says that you quoted.
Speaker 7: Ext but you know, you know then I want to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know.
Speaker 7: I walked up to the window. I said I don't want a real ID because I had my passport and I had a couple letters mailed to me or whatever. And she didn't want to talk too much, and she just took my picture and on my way. I didn't know that I didn't have a real ID. But these are the reasons why that AI would gave me Why you didn't get a real ID. You did not apply for real ID. Okay, that's a no brainer. Missing requirement documents. You've talked about that tonight, name mismatch issues, state specific policies that have to be complicated with this state.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very.
Speaker 4: Choice.
Speaker 7: Anyway. Anyway, so I did my homework for you using AI Windows AI Copilot, And you know that's when you walk up there, if you're not pushing this lady didn't want to talk to me. She just took all my paperwork and took my picture.
Speaker 4: On off off I went.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, The other thing too, is the other thing too, George, is that did she hand you a license or did she hand you sort of a temporary license and then you got the the actual you know, license license a couple of weeks in the mail.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was temporary.
Speaker 2: Okay. So what happens is you walked out of there, you figured you were all set. She dropped the ball. She should have said to you, George, there's one piece of identification that is missing here that you need or whatever the whatever the problem was. She just took your application rejected. It never took the time of the courtesy to tell you, and and you walked out of there. Would be like if you if if you went to a store and you you went to the meat counter and you ordered liam chops and and the guy decided to put hamburg in there, misheard you, and you handed you know, and you went home and you didn't you open them order Hamburger or the lampshops. This one, whoever that person was, they failed you, and maybe they failed.
Speaker 7: Tim as well exactly. And then you know, I was just thinking, in a funny way, we need to eat on musk here in Massachusetts and camp a few of these people. I hate going to the DMV. I mean, yeah, no, no, it's but anyway, thanks for your show, because I just found out tonight I don't have real ID, even though I don't need it. I'm not going to be traveling and I have a passport, so I'm cool.
Speaker 2: When does your license? When does your license expired? George? If you know?
Speaker 7: It inspired about a year and a half ago. A year ago, and that's when I went. I said, I might as well get my real idea. At the same time, you know, I had all my paperwork with me, at least I thought I did.
Speaker 2: So your your license then is good? Is it good? Your regular license is good for another two or three years?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, three, three or four more years, yes, sir, Well.
Speaker 2: You probably if you wanted to, if you all of a sudden decided you want to, you know, fly and and well if you could when after May seventh, when the rush sort of slows down, go back there and explain what happened and see if they'll they'll adjust it for you.
Speaker 3: Oh they will.
Speaker 7: And it went on to the last paragraph in this AI that I did for you. If you need a real ID, you can check with your state DMV and uh, see what documents you need and you're on your way. You know it's perfect.
Speaker 2: You are. You've been a good co producer tonight of the program. Thanks George. Your check will be the check will be in the mail, Thanks George. All right, thanks buddy, don't you soon? Quick break? Right back on Night's Side. We'll be back with at least three more callers. We got one line at six one, seven thirty, one line at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We will change topics at at eleven right after eleven o'clock news, we will talk about President Trump versus Harvard University.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go. Let me see, we're gonna go to quickly Chuck and Georgia Chuck next on nights.
Speaker 8: I go right ahead, Hi, Dan, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Chuck? You waited a long time here. I'm a little bit getting tight on time. I got four more calls once you got going on Georgia.
Speaker 8: License when I first moved to Georgia from Massachusetts almost nine years ago, and mine has a white star surrounded by black.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's gonna give me different states, I think, different states at different.
Speaker 8: Calico Boats, and here they give you a license for eight years. It's about thirty dollars I think, and.
Speaker 2: A little more expensive up here.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, the DMV up there is a cash cow. But here at seventy five, you have to go into the DMV and take an eye test. Yep, sure, and go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think that's the same. I'm not sure if it's seventy five or eighty, but I think that's something that people have to do on a more regular basis. But I assume it's an eye test. If you have glasses or contact lenses, it's an eye test that you know with correction.
Speaker 8: Well, the strange thing is they give you a license for another eight years.
Speaker 2: I thure that they figure if it's seventy five, your eyes just tou a reasonably good, they'll probably be good down the line. I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I would have thought they would have given you one for two or three or four.
Speaker 2: But nah, I didn't have to charge you more money. As is the registery down there a little more friendly than in Massachusetts or what's the deal?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, even in uh there's two around here. One they're about twenty miles apart. But they're good people.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do Let's let one more question for the Georgia Chamber of Commerce as a Yankee going down there. Okay, will you wally welcomed or were you tolerated?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 8: They think that sometimes you bring a more democratic view than a Republican view, you know, I see they don't. They don't like that too much.
Speaker 2: But you just wait, you dissuaded that that with your mega hat or something. I'm sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, even if.
Speaker 2: There's one that you go ahead.
Speaker 8: If there's one thing that they give you the side I about is you know whether or not archer Republican or Democrat?
Speaker 2: Well, it used to be the democratic South. Was the South was the democratic stronghold. That has all changed, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Here where I live, it's mostly Republican. When you get out two hundred and some miles west around Atlanta, it's all Democrat. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it's good to have some diversity in every state.
Speaker 8: Well, all right, I'll let you go, than John.
Speaker 2: Great to hear your voice call more often. Will. I always enjoy talking to you, But I got three behind you, so I got to take care of them as well. Okay, buddy, No, worries. Thanks Happy Eastern, good you too. All right, good night We go next to Mark in New Hampshire. Mark next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Yeah I did.
Speaker 9: One of your previous callers actually kind of stole some of my thunder as far as what's going on with this real id because it sounds like a couple of your previous listeners they have a tradition license, they don't have the real idea and I don't think they know it. And I think going forward there's going to be some unhappy folks when they go to Logan to fly and think they're all set, I just got my license, you know, they'll say six months ago and they're told, no, this isn't a really d what But I think you're right. I think it looks like the upright end corner has to have the star in the Hampshire. It's a silhouette of the old man in the mountain, but it's got that star. I mean, I think that's type of public service to people saying, hey, do you really have a real idea? This is how you have a check by looking in the upright hand corner. If you don't you know a real idea? If it says not a federal ID.
Speaker 2: What is the color star on your license? You have a New Hampshire license. Mine is it's sort of yellow or gold with a white star in the middle of that.
Speaker 9: In the Hampshire, it's like I said, the silhouette of the old Man of the Mountain with the gold and then it's got that white five pointed star in the upright end corner. That's the real ID for sure. And it's got a hologram picture of me about a third of the way over, which I didn't realize till tonight. Was playing with it under the light, and it's got two other pictures on the front of the license.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, I don't have enough light of that. But I know mine is fine. And I hope that some of our people tonight, they like George from Bridgewater, he told the story that you're referring to. He went up there expecting that he was going to get the right ID, uh, and no one the woman didn't talk to him behind the counter, and he walked out, and he's realizing tonight that he doesn't have a real ID.
Speaker 9: And that's I think be a lot of other people. I went to New Hampshire and the third twenty seventh of March. I forget, I'll do it in a few days, and they said, oh, our next appointments sometime in April. It was on my birthday. I said, well, I don't want to be here on my birthday. I want to do something with my wife. So she goes, well, you can take a chance and come and walk in, but it might be thirty minutes to two hours. I said, I'll take a chance, so I went the next day. I got there about eight fifteen and they opened at eight and I was in and out in fifty five minutes. But I'm so glad I waited because it was all The woman at the counter could have been more pleasant. And a friend said, well she smiling. I said she was smiling, and I said to her, it's nice to me. I'll tell him. I said, I'm really glad I was in. You're lying because you're a very pleasant person to deal with. She says, oh, thank you. But it was very smooth. Whereas while I'm waiting, some lady trying to get a real ID, the gentleman saying, hey, this isn't a Social security and we don't have a so security card. This isn't gonna fly. Oh well what about this. Nope, no, I have a utility bill. Goes, well, that's just building address. It doesn't say service address, so this doesn't count either. So she didn't get her real idea that day.
Speaker 2: That was the guy who was just giving her hard time. And I'm you know, it's like he probably you give some of these people a little bit of authority and you know they're going to use it. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I totally agree. It's like and the poor woman, I mean, it's it's pretty stressful and you think you've got all those information that's you don't have you need.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I brought my BROO certificate. I brought my uh my passport, my driver my current driver's license. But they said, well, we need to have two bills to show you live there, and I had brought on one, so I had to I had like an electric bill. I had to go and get a gas bill.
Speaker 9: So yeah, and I don't mean the laugh. That's the type of thing like I had a cable bill and a utility electric bill, which was perfectly fine. And she goes, no, you're all set. You got a passport, yeah, and you're good to go. Nice because I had it it's nice.
Speaker 2: To know that New Hampshire does have some jerks as well as nice people, because normally everybody in New Hamp's just nice.
Speaker 9: Right. He got what worked out right, got in the mail today. It took from the twenty seventh of March till today. They say within forty five days. It was on three weeks or whatever it's been in I'm holding my hand up. So it came plenty of time and it worked out very well. Experienced.
Speaker 2: So long. I love New Hampshire. Man, you have the greatest governor. Uh yeah, hopefully AOT does a good job too. I got two more. I got to get to March, so I'm gonna let you run. Thanks man, talk.
Speaker 4: Soon, all right, have a good night, great one.
Speaker 2: Good night, Mary and jempshould Mary got room for you in one more.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and Mary, Okay, I'm gonna make it quick. I went to get last year, I went to get my license renoved, and I hope to get the real ID.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I bought everything with me and the woman looked at it and she said, you kind of get the real idea. I said, why not? She said, because your Social Security card is laminated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ridiculous. Yeah, yes I have because in the instructions and I read it last hour, it's it said that on your Social Security card and laminated documents will not be accepted. Now, first of all, when you have a SOB security card, most people are going to laminate it to make sure that it stays in decent shape. How ridiculous is that, you know? I mean, just.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna let you go listen, have a happy stuff you toobe Mary.
Speaker 2: And by the way, there are other options. Do you have a passport, go back with your passport, okay, or your birth certificate and that will that will do in lieu of a Social Scurity card. And in terms of the Social Security number, if you bring a copy of your tax bill, you know, like your federal tax bill that has your SOB Security number, that will do it in lieu of the SOLDI you do not have to unliminate. You Also, by the way, can order through the sold Security office. Tell him you lost your card and they'll send you a replacement card. I have a replacement card which is you know, looks like that. Well it is brand News. So that's another way you can do it.
Speaker 6: Okay, just the license that I have does say not to federal I D yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that you get that. You gotta have that in the upper right hand corner. It's a circle that's for us here in Massachusetts, yellow gold and mark for Mahampshire. Said the same thing. Thank you, Mary.
Speaker 6: I appreciated plain find it. So that was all right, Dan, have a hairy, nice easter.
Speaker 2: You too, Happy easter. Good night. Let me go to Jim. Jim you were next on nights that you're gonna wrap the hour for us.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Jim Man, have a hairy easter.
Speaker 10: Here are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Hope you have a good one out there as well. So have you got your your real ID yet?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 10: I'm a big, big truck driver, so I've had it for three years. About three years. I got it like like I think all responsible people about six months before the deadline, because who wants to wait till the deadline to get pulled over? And you can't, you know, and then your your load is i'll call it total. So I got it. Then they've extended it. Then they extended it again. And since they extended it, I got additional certifications or whatever you want to call them. So then I had to have my license reissued. Well, in this state, every certification is a sixty dollars, so my license cost me one hundred and eighty bucks. So it's cost me a lot of money because of the fact I've had to pay quite a bit extra because of the fact that.
Speaker 2: They Well, the good news is you're up to date. And guess what that is a part of your living. So hopefully it's a tax deduction.
Speaker 10: I want all these bozos without the real id off the road gone long, and then.
Speaker 2: All the boos up the road, there'd be no people on the road.
Speaker 3: Jim, come on, well, anybody who doesn't the thing.
Speaker 10: Is, I mean, people are gonna find out you don't need it.
Speaker 3: You need it.
Speaker 10: You need it because if they can't make a positive ID on you. The reason why they're doing this is because there could be like fifty three Ricardo Valdez right right, and so you get pulled, you get pulled over. There's a guy named Ricardo Valdez with fifty three warrants out for their arrest, and they can't you know, and they can't be sure that it's you. You're not here.
Speaker 2: You called really late. I'm flat out of time. We'll have more time, next time we chat. Thank you, my friend, gotta go. Here comes the eleven. We're gonna talk about Donald Trump versus Harvard University on the other side.