Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up, didn't need advice, So you don't happen.
Speaker 2: We come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help me come. This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. What's going on? We have a lot happening here. By the way, I did post and I found out why I posted yesterday an error without audio, But I did post that segment that I condensed that was on the show this week earlier, where an older woman was basically saved.
Speaker 3: Her life was saved due to a neighbor calling the show.
Speaker 2: The show then prompted our deputy to go out, and Deputy Bow.
Speaker 3: Went out and with the name, and then they called nine to one one and had rescue go in.
Speaker 2: Aurora police previously refused to go in several times, and despite the neighbors concern and the relatives concern, and the daughter's concern, and I remember saying on the show the other day, boo on them, but rescue went in. Now, by the way, Aurora Police at any time could have called fire and rescue to go in, but they didn't. I don't know why they didn't, But that video is posted on our YouTube channel, Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 3: But Deputy d he went and talked to some people. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say who you talked to, But you talked to some insiders at the police station.
Speaker 3: So what did you find out their limitations were? What did you find out?
Speaker 4: Well, this is before BA went out there. I called a friend of mine who retired as a lieutenant from the APD a couple of years ago, and asked him what keywords dispatch would need to hear in order to break and enter, and he said that there are no such keywords. They in absence of exigence circumstances such as seeing a body through the window, they would not enter the unit because they are afraid of getting sued left and right, including by the city attorney or the district attorney themselves.
Speaker 2: Why would they be sued? I mean, then, why can emergency? Why can I the the fire and rescue go in.
Speaker 4: I didn't ask him that because my focus was specifically on the police response. But he is willing to come back to the show and discuss the limitations on police response to such calls.
Speaker 2: Okay, but in essence, they can't just go into a place unless they actually see something or maybe.
Speaker 3: Hear something exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not by laws, by their policy, which is limiting their liability and exposure to lawsuits.
Speaker 2: All right, three h three seven one three talk or as you see the number right here if you're watching on YouTube or streaming is three oh three Martino three oh three six.
Speaker 3: Two seven eight four six six.
Speaker 2: Frank, he wants to talk about an issue with a short in his car or in his jeep.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Frank?
Speaker 2: Yes, Loo, Hi Frank, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: I bought a twenty sixteen Jeeps Renegade and it's had wiring problems like a short in there since I bought it.
Speaker 2: And wait, when did you buy it? Man?
Speaker 3: When did you buy it?
Speaker 6: A year and seven months ago? And this has been going on since I bought it?
Speaker 3: And what is the issue.
Speaker 6: The issue is every time that every time the water gets the rains or snow water gets in somewhere, it it messes up all the the check engine light comes on, other lights on, the cluster comes on. And now it came to the point where rain the other day when I was Mamar Colorado visiting.
Speaker 5: At rained real bad.
Speaker 6: The next day it would have start, and then it finally started a couple of times, a couple of tries, and I just put a new battery in it and finally started. And then after I started it, it wouldn't give. I wouldn't There's no there's no RPMs in the motor. You give us some gases. It's just is just idling.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, We're going to get someone on who is an electrical expert. Sheridan Auto Tech has an electrical division, so let's see if we can describe this to him and get some answers. So you hold on, Frankie came to the right place the Troubleshooter Show. Hold on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now Oscar says he has a follow up from two weeks ago. Oscar not sure what is going on, but let me I'll find your original call.
Speaker 3: Of course, as.
Speaker 2: You're talking, so Oscar, spill the beans.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 7: Two weeks ago, we had a couple of people on the radio with me and they did a boat sail that I thought was a scam, and we worked through it. At the end of the radio call, they were willing to just give me the title and it was all done and.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember, wait, wait, I remember something about that. I'm trying to find it. Did you use the name Oscar when you called in?
Speaker 7: I used James, but Oscar's my legal name, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, that man. That happens so much with people. I can't find the damn problem. But okay, I'm looking, and so I remember them saying, because of all the problems you were having, they were going to allow you to simply keep the They were going to sign it over to you and you didn't have to pay it off.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's what they said, and we waited two weeks. I reached out to them to say, now, now.
Speaker 2: Who handled that? What deputy handled that for? I still can't find that dang call. Do you remember the date you called?
Speaker 7: Approximately approximately two weeks ago on a Monday is what I'm thinking of, Monday or two?
Speaker 2: And who handled the problem?
Speaker 8: It was you, But I can't remember the deputy's name, to be honest, because my mind.
Speaker 2: Was okay, okay, I'm sorry to lay all that on you. I just trying to find so because why I had to find it and then call them back. So what happened? Did they ghost you or what? Man?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 8: They stopped, They wouldn't answer for like three days, and.
Speaker 7: Then when they sent me a thing, they just said they'd rather deal with it in small claims court.
Speaker 2: Now, So where are they locate? Where are they located?
Speaker 7: Denver?
Speaker 2: Denver, Colorado's why did they lie to us about that? I just don't understand it. What kind of boat was that?
Speaker 7: It was a pond tune boat?
Speaker 3: What was the name of that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm trying to find find anything to do with searching here so I can find the dang thing. So I just remember, weren't they even on the show with us?
Speaker 8: Yes, they call I messaged them and said we were on the show, and they called in. Yes, yes, we resolved everything. And then now they decided to change their mind and they want to go to small claims court again. And it's just that's that's why I thought it was a scam.
Speaker 7: They weren't honest from the beginning, and as you can see, they're not honest.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find dang it. I just I'm trying to find my what I'm trying to find my my deputies.
Speaker 2: Doc. Do you recall this as a Kachina, do you recall it that we can't do? Yes, oh, thank you, dear.
Speaker 9: I believe it.
Speaker 10: Was assigned deputy Chopper.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's out of the country right now, but that helps me search it, okay.
Speaker 10: And and also I can tell you that we definitely did have the owners on of yeah, and they came on the air and they were very forthright and said that they were going to resolve this. So I remember me not sure what's going on, but it was definitely about two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, And so we're gonna have to get up. We're gonna have to call them back. You know. I hate to do this to you, but because I can't find my notes just this second, I want you to at least do me number.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you off the air, give us that information. Let's call him back. Kachina. I mean, they did say in front of God and everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, they said they would just sign it.
Speaker 2: Over to them. Now why and by the way, we'll use it. You can use that in court that they prompt not that they did a contract with you, but it just seems weird that they would do that.
Speaker 10: You can definitely look up the episode and use that in court for sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's what I plan to do for sure, because it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: This is not an ad No, this was as as tech was another one. Never mind, that was a different guy. Okay, well listen, hold on, Okay, we'll come right back to you.
Speaker 3: I'm Toll Martinez.
Speaker 2: Three all three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. We're going to try to get them on the air and see what's going on, all right, and Deputy Choppers on vacation for a while, so, but I think he signs into YouTube, so he might have some some uh information for oh there he is, Chopper. Chopper, if you you're.
Speaker 3: Listening, I know you are.
Speaker 2: If you could help us here, bro and give us any kind of clues so I can search that problem. I just even if you have the exact date he called, I just can't find it right now, but we'll look it up. You see that we run this place really organized, and we try to keep track of all these problems.
Speaker 3: So I apologize.
Speaker 2: Three all three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. I mean, listen, We've recovered hundreds of millions of dollars literally in cash merchandise exchanges refunds and services. So we also have an ex where Kevin Kalkin we'll bring on right after the break. Okay, so it's time to tell you about water Pros, the best water systems. The lowest price is right now. It's the most screaming deal ever. I am serious. Triple filter reverse osmosis costs fourteen hundred bucks, and that, by the way, is about five times cheaper than anywhere else. This is at the kitchen sing for the best drinking water, best coffee, best just best water. Now softening costs about thirty four ninety or for thirty five nine something like that, like thirty five hundred. If you add them all up, thirty five forty five, that's like five grand for everything, right, or a little more than five. So here's the deal. Water Pros, even at that price is a deal. But they're going to do both of those for thirty one ninety five or thirty two to ninety five.
Speaker 3: Wait, I think it's thirty one ninety five, but no matter.
Speaker 2: Look you're almost getting one of them free and the other one discounted. So call them three h three eighty six two five Waterpros dot net go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Now listen to this. I found the original call on this deal where Neil mckintrick and Gretchen mckintrick sold a boat to Oscar. Found it. I'm going to do details. We're on the phone seeing why they're backing out. They gave their word, Now they're backing out. I call that scum. Now I'm going to go to Frank with his twenty sixteen Jeep renegade, and I'm going to bring up one of our auto experts, Kevin Calkin Sheridan Autotech dot com. In addition to pre buying inspections on used cars and normal maintenance and repairs, heavy in light and all of that that they do. They do electrical issues, Kevin. Every time, every time that jeep gets wet, whether it's snow or rain, he's got a problem. And it doesn't he the lights flicker every explain the symptoms when it gets wet.
Speaker 3: Frank.
Speaker 6: What it does is when he gets wet, a check engine light, it's always a guarantee that always comes on. Other lights on the clusters start showing up. It came to the point where it didn't want it. It didn't want to start, and it has a new battery, and I did and then it did start a couple of minutes later. And then there was no RPM in the motor at all when it was running.
Speaker 12: It was idling.
Speaker 6: But you go give a gas and it wasn't even doing nothing with the RPMs with the motor. It's just like sitting there in idle. You put it in reverse and then it had some power. But when this happens, it happens when it rains and snows. But then when it dries, the weather dry, when it's all hot and everything dries, everything goes back to normal.
Speaker 11: Okay, have you had that? If you go through a car wash. Do you have any issues?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, sir, the same thing.
Speaker 11: Huh, okay, well, we definitely got some water intrusions somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what happens, Well.
Speaker 11: We got to find a water intrusion. So I'm sure there's going to be corrosion, almost like a flood. Car is going to leave signs behind it. Where the water.
Speaker 3: Where do you start?
Speaker 2: Bro Uh have.
Speaker 11: You had windshield done recently?
Speaker 5: When I?
Speaker 6: Uh, when uh, there's a you know, check this out. When I first bought the vehicle, whoever had it before neglected to turn around and to do anything about it. But right there on the driver's side, the window up up on top of the windshield.
Speaker 12: It was leaking water.
Speaker 6: It was leaking water for the longest time. Even what if the floor saw the floorboards and then they replaced they took them back to the dealer, they replaced the rubber around the wind windshield, and uh, that didn't help.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, yeah, there's there's ways of fighting leaks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 11: We use the smoke machine where we can fill you the whole vehicle with smoke and watch for the you know, for it to be leaving the car. Basically the reverse instead of putting water on the outside, look and see where it comes in. We'll put the Oka mccarcy where it comes out.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, that's cool. Hey, listen, where are you located, Frank?
Speaker 6: I am located in Westminster.
Speaker 11: You're not far no matter, now.
Speaker 5: Do you would you?
Speaker 12: Guys?
Speaker 6: I have I do have a warranty with the vehicle that I purchased.
Speaker 2: Uh what's it called?
Speaker 6: It is called.
Speaker 12: No man, I believe remember this, Remember this.
Speaker 2: Warranties. Warranties probably will not cover water intrusion or outside outside uh influences, They just don't.
Speaker 3: But you can look at it.
Speaker 6: I have Larry Miller one hundred and fourth. When all when when this was all, you know, the check engine light and all the fights on the clusters on. I took us there and sat over there for two weeks.
Speaker 12: And that was the only vehicle.
Speaker 6: And I called and they said they're not done with it. I said, I need to pick it up. I said, that's the only vehicle. I'm walking back and forth to the store and I'm getting up there in age where I can't I can't be doing that. And so I went down there and picked it up, and they charged me almost three hundred dollars for one day of diagnostics and they didn't even and then as dry, I said it dry, the sun's out and dry. You check l engine lights off and they think it's fine. I spent almost three hundred dollars on nothing.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, listen, man, Kevin will look at it free real quick.
Speaker 3: He'll he'll give you some ideas.
Speaker 11: Just just do a quick overview of it and look. It may be very obvious.
Speaker 2: On Colfax West of Wadsworth, Shardan Auto tech dot com three oh three four five five seventy forty two. Kevin always happy to have you on. And Frank, let us know how it goes, bro please and and uh really, uh.
Speaker 3: That's what we want to know.
Speaker 2: We want we want to follow us because we'll keep going until we get this done. Now I looked up your original call. You are absolutely right. You did use the name Oscar, by the way, which is good.
Speaker 10: Well, we do have an update.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, I want to recap for those.
Speaker 10: Because people join us in the journey.
Speaker 2: People join us all the time, and I want to recap. But basically, he bought a boat and they did say that they would sign the boat over to him. He bought a boat from Adam Neil mckintrick. His wife was his Gretchen, and they're from Boulder, but he bought it while they were in Florida. Is that right? So far? I got the right call right? And she called in after they heard about it, and they said, you know what, they want to settle the matter. And they said, and they said, they will release the title to and.
Speaker 3: Forgive the balance to.
Speaker 2: You said, what did you say?
Speaker 3: They did wrong? And I want to recap that.
Speaker 8: On a boat motor there's two separate parts, one called a lower unit like a transmission, the other ones called the motor, which is upper unit.
Speaker 7: So what happened was they.
Speaker 2: Said, oh, there was a hole in it or something, and they didn't disclose it. They said there was an oil leak, but you said there was way more trouble than they disclosed. And technically you bought it as is though, didn't you?
Speaker 7: Yes, But like I said, there was a lot of weird things that went on with the sale and it was just very odd. And that's why when they finally.
Speaker 2: I understand, but you bought it sight unseen? They said it was leaking. They said they didn't know about the whole. Now I want to I want to clarify this because I remember now this day and I have these notes and and and here's what I want to say, because you bought it as is, and they did say there was some kind of oil leak, and you said, yeah, way more than an oil leak. There was a hole. And they said, we didn't know about the whole blah blah blah. But but technically this was going to be a hard one. But they offered to sign it over to you on their own.
Speaker 10: I do have an update about this.
Speaker 3: And you called and talked to him. What did they say?
Speaker 10: Did I did? He blamed everything on his wife, and he said his.
Speaker 2: Wife should have never offered to.
Speaker 10: Basically give the money back, but now he just wants.
Speaker 2: To there was no money back. The wife never offered to give money back. The wife said they would simply sign the title over right right exactly. And what did he say? She didn't have authorization.
Speaker 12: To do it.
Speaker 10: And they're going to have to work it out in court. That is what he's obligated to. But the funny part is I had called him from three different numbers here at the station, and he called me back on two different ones and hung up as soon as I answered the phone.
Speaker 7: So he's hiding, yes, and he can't leave a message. He's a crook. And that's what this whole thing he lied about the boat. He tried to get me to pay the full amount. The engine turned out to not even be good. And it's supposed to be leaking in the lower unit. The engine is the upper unit. It turned out to be no good at all. The only thing good on the boat was the leaking lower unit.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what.
Speaker 2: Taking the small claims court and you can mention this show and all of it.
Speaker 7: Yep, I have the recordings. Good good, I'll figure it out in court. But that just tells you what type of scumbag that you deal with sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean the man is The man is a scumbag in my opinion, because you know, don't tell me your wife didn't have authority, you chaven his pig bastard. Don't tell me that. Crav I am so tired of people, I am tired of lying, cheating, ripoffs. Now, having said that, let me go back to the transaction. He did tell you there was an oil league bro, Yes, okay, well, there was an oil league. You know, I don't know why you went through with the deal. Let me get on your case for a minute. Here, Oscar, they told you there was an oil league for all you know, it could have been anything. It could have been serious. Why did you go ahead and buy it?
Speaker 8: Anyway, They had had a mechanic look at it, and he said it was the lower seal And I made a mistake.
Speaker 7: Trust me, I learned my lessons.
Speaker 2: But take him the small claims court and we'll follow this one along for sure. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey mckintrick, I'm not a big fan of you either. I kind of think a scumbag. In fact, I might put you on the sleeze brigade anyway. By the way, someone who is of character you would never Frank Ran the real estate man dot com. Right now you can call him for a free evaluation of your home. Interest states went down a little, demand is up a little. He'll tell you what your house will sell for free of charge, based on his thirty years experience. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Martha, what's going on? Martha?
Speaker 3: Hi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Three oh three Martinos the number three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. You can also called three h three seven to one three talk. Let me just explain real quick, Martha. People can text me directly to my private Google which is forwarded to my cell phone.
Speaker 3: It really is thank you for not abusing it.
Speaker 2: But I get all of your messages, and those who ask questions can attest to the fact that I personally answer them.
Speaker 3: That's my commitment.
Speaker 2: Seven four zero nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four zero nine nine nine fifty two eighty will address the topics both personally and on the phone, on the text or on the show seven four seven nine fifty two eighty. And of course the other text is the short code for iHeart, which is five seven seven three nine. So all right, what's going on, Martha?
Speaker 13: Yes? I had leased out a airbnb for the twenty third of this month.
Speaker 2: Have you done? You leased it, meaning you're renting for the twenty six You said.
Speaker 13: No, I had rented it starting the twenty of this Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, suck. And so you were renting it? And what was it?
Speaker 2: Where was it?
Speaker 13: It was on a wrappa hole in Liverpool?
Speaker 2: Oh? So why did you do a local airbnb.
Speaker 13: Because I'm trying to find a house?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 13: Because I had sold mine?
Speaker 3: And when were you gonna When were you going to leave the B and B?
Speaker 13: I was supposed to leave on the October twenty third.
Speaker 2: So you were renting it for a whole month.
Speaker 13: Yes, I was going to rent it for a whole month.
Speaker 3: Now, now let me ask you something. Are you using the right term?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 2: Was it bed and breakfast or was it some other kind of vacation home by owner?
Speaker 13: Well, they haven't listed as a furnished Airbnb.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: And what happened.
Speaker 13: Me and my husband showed up on the twenty third to to look at it and to rent it and to stay there. And the gentleman seemed very nice at first when he introduced himself. He came down and introduced himself to us when we drove up.
Speaker 2: And after that, now were you getting Was this a room? Let me ask you. Was this a room and a home or was this a whole home? Or was this an apartment? Tell me what it was.
Speaker 13: This was a basement unit.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it? Bath okay?
Speaker 2: So then what happened in his health?
Speaker 14: Got it?
Speaker 13: The gentleman was very nice at first, and then after that he went upstairs to his home and I called Lisa, which is the one that I'm supposed to be dealing with when I rented the place, because I sent her the money and the deposit, and she said, if you have any issues, you need to call me and let me know what's going on.
Speaker 3: What was the issue that you Why did you contact Lisa? What was the issue?
Speaker 13: So the issue was the heat in the basement was cold, and I asked them to turn up the heat because the heat is controlled by him upstairs.
Speaker 2: Okay, that yeah, that's gonna be difficult because basements are always cooler.
Speaker 3: That would that would probably smoke him out. But Martha, when have you really needed heat this? Uh? Since the twenty third? Really? I mean when have you needed heat?
Speaker 13: I needed heat because I'm cold. I'm I'm usually a cold person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is gonna this is gonna be a hard one.
Speaker 2: So what did what did Lisa say?
Speaker 13: She checked with him and he said that it was seventy four upstairs and I it wasn't seventy four downstairs?
Speaker 2: Well, of course not, of course not. That's that's that's the most places, especially an older home.
Speaker 3: How old is his home?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Martha, I get it. I get what you're saying, I really do. But but was it intolerable? I mean, what was the temperature downstairs?
Speaker 13: I was cold? I didn't I couldn't. I couldn't stand the cold it was. It was the low seventy four for sure.
Speaker 2: No, I get it, I get it. So then what happened? I mean, I don't want you. I don't want you to think that. I don't want you to think that I I don't think you have a case. But in some cases like this, it gets to be nitpicking. Could be unless it was really untolerable and you don't even know what the temperature was, you just know you didn't like it. So theoretically, let's just say you wanted it way warmer and it would and it would smoke him out upstairs. I mean, at some point there's got to be a reasonable this, And I'm not suggesting you're unreasonable. I'm not doing that at all. So what happened? What's the ultimate today? You just did it a few days ago, So what's going on?
Speaker 3: Did you move out?
Speaker 15: I did.
Speaker 13: I didn't want to stay there because he made us so uncomfortable when he came downstairs and knocked on the knocked on the door, and he came in waving his hands and goes, I mean here to check the temperature, waving his hands around, and he goes, I don't know what to tell you. It feels like seventy four and hearing it feels it's seventy four upstairs. So if it's if it's going to be a problem with the heat, it's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Okay, So can okay, are they keeping did you pay the whole month up front. I did, okay, Uh, how much would you pay.
Speaker 13: Two one hundred plus thirteen hundred dollars deposit?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, and you paid two thousand, one hundred you.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah, plus a deposit. How much was the deposit?
Speaker 13: A thousand, three hundred?
Speaker 5: Now is he.
Speaker 3: Keeping everything including the deposit?
Speaker 13: They told me that I couldn't get my deposit for sixty days?
Speaker 3: Was that in the contract?
Speaker 13: That's what she's saying. Yeah, it's per contract, Martha.
Speaker 2: You're not going to want to hear what I have to say. I think you're going to lose it. I think you'll lose this case if you try to take it to small games court. Maybe you want to try. You don't even have any proof what the temperature was. Are you out of there now for good?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't mind calling Lisa. I don't mind having one of our deputies. I'll have D or Doc. Who wants it?
Speaker 3: I mean, Doc? Do you want to do it?
Speaker 2: Doc? Or what? Yeah?
Speaker 16: I'll I have a question though.
Speaker 17: They're giving her back her twenty one hundred and they're going to give her her thirteen hundred.
Speaker 3: No they're not, No, they're not.
Speaker 2: They're going to give her back her deposit of thirteen hundred in sixty days, which is reasonable. They want, okay, what they do with the twenty one hundred for the rent. They're saying, she rented it and she's moving out on her own accord. That's what they're saying. She moved in two days ago. They're saying, tough, you moved out. We didn't kick you out. He just said it's not going to work, meaning he's not going to turn up the heat. And I kind of don't blame him. I I really believe that unless Martha had some temperature readings of some kind and some proof. I'm just trying to be honest with her, she's going to lose this one. I mean, people can easily exist in sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Degrees very comfortably, very very comfortable.
Speaker 16: A space heater, Martha.
Speaker 2: Not even a space heater, I mean, what about a sweater. I can't believe, Martha. And again, I'm sorry, I don't want you to feel bad, but I can't believe it was that bad.
Speaker 3: What did your husband say about it?
Speaker 13: Well, my husband's usually a hot person, and for him being hot, and he indicated, yes, it was, it was cooler.
Speaker 2: Than normal than.
Speaker 11: Maybe it was.
Speaker 3: What about a sweater?
Speaker 2: It's a temporary lodging for a month. Am I?
Speaker 3: No, I'm asking for feedback. I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Am I being unreasonable? And I usually ask my morons and my texters? Am I being unreasonable? You don't. You don't have to uh, you don't have to agree with me. I just don't think. I don't think it was worth leaving without at least getting some proof. I mean, we're talking about you did what was called a constructive eviction. You literally left, and now you're going to try to get your money back. I'll bet you. In the agreement it probably says there are no refunds. I don't know, but but Martha did Is was it that bad that you had to leave?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, okay, I'm not going to be treated.
Speaker 2: Like that and treated like what he said. It's really hot and I can't turn it up any further.
Speaker 3: It's not going to work.
Speaker 2: I mean when.
Speaker 12: You no, I know that, and I I'm not disputing that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, let's say you're one hundred correct. Are you saying a sweater and maybe some sweatpants couldn't have helped, at least temporarily for the month.
Speaker 13: You probably could. Why should I have to change my clothes just to be accommodating for myself?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Martha. We'll see it. Take it easy. I was gonna call. I'm not even gonna call on this one.
Speaker 2: That's totally in my opinion, that's totally unreasonable. I want opinions, give me, give me texts, and give me calls.
Speaker 3: That is totally unreasonable.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, in life, come on, man, in life, there are times things are not perfect. There are just times things are not perfect, and your ride with it. For God's sakes. If you pick battles each and every day like this, you're not gonna get through life. Now. If it was so terrible and you're like, oh, you're so cold, that's one thing, but come on, really, I'm not you know, I got people with real problems.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know I know that that somebody referred it to the show, and I should be really nice to her, and I'm trying to be nice. But why should I put myself out? Why should I wear a sweater? It's for a month, and really, am I wrong? Are people going to say, hey, you're not a consumer advocate because you don't care to each and every desire and whim of people who feel entitled to some kind of I mean, really, I'm sorry, I gotta take a break.
Speaker 3: We got more coming up.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 2: Well, every text is saying that the woman is picking a battle she doesn't have to pick. I've had a few say why didn't she just get a little space heater? I know what she'd probably say, why should I have to? I mean, listen, life is never perfect. Now, I know we're gonna go into a break soon, and then we're gonna be coming back to uh more calls. I want you to get your calls in at three oh three Martino, as you see the number right there, three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, or of course you can call three oh three seven one three talk the iHeart number three O three seven one three eight two five five. We have a lot happening here and I'd love to take your calls, your opinions, and uh also, if you ever hear a problem on this show you think you can help.
Speaker 3: With call us.
Speaker 2: That helped us a lot the other day when we had a firefighter call in and.
Speaker 3: Say listen call nine.
Speaker 2: When one on another situation, it turned out that we helped save life. You can find out more about that on our YouTube channel, Troubleshooter Network, and you'll see my recent experience with FedEx summarized there as well. So stay tuned for more of the show. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped off news need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino Your Troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Oh sorry, I gotta do that first.
Speaker 18: I gotta that was my open on on streaming and I had to turn that off.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, folks.
Speaker 2: I'm here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna go to the phones and help you.
Speaker 2: So one thing I will do though, and and I just got to clarify this. There are a lot you know. I always talk about one hundreds of millions of aus recover for cast can merchandise, exchanges, refunds and services to help the information or the referrals and everything.
Speaker 3: There are a good number of people we can't.
Speaker 2: Help but I believe we do help by telling them we can't help, and why because I think it prevents future problems and it also helps people listening. I wanted to make that note.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, Chris, what's going on? Hi? Chris?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 19: Tom? So, I don't know how much you know about it? Are been told, so I'll try and do my bust to.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been summarized a little, A little something about your daughter in sports?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Yeah, So.
Speaker 19: My daughter attends of private school that specializes in learning disabilities. She's been there since sixth grade. She's a freshman in high school.
Speaker 2: Now does she have learning disabilities?
Speaker 5: She does?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And when you say a special school, it's not mainstreamed with special program like an Individual Edge Occasional program what they call an IEP. Or is it a separate school?
Speaker 19: So it's a it's a separate school, So it's not it's not affiliated with like Denver Public schools or Terry Creek schools. Is it private supper private school?
Speaker 3: Okay? Got it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 19: And so she's an athlete. She loves sports and a few years ago she really in particular got into running track and now cross country, and she's probably the most disciplined person I've ever met my life, super hard working and that has really really paid off, and she's doing very very well. At the beginning of her freshman year, we looked into, in coordination with the school, trying to have her participate at one of her one of the public schools, because the school that she attends essentially doesn't have a cross country team right now.
Speaker 2: And many times, like I don't know about for private schools, but for homeschooling, they allow sometimes those children to participate in school sports.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so absolutely so. The current team, the girls team, consists of my daughter and another girl who is sporadically there because she participates in another sport. So generally when my daughter goes to practice, she's just running by herself.
Speaker 5: So she goes, what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean when she goes to practice, is your girl going to another school to participate.
Speaker 19: No, So, the school that she's at right now, they have a team that participates in two A three A. Well, I won't say they have a team. They say they have a team that participates in two A and three A cross country, but they don't have enough girls to actually feel the team. Oh, my daughter just participates individually. She goes, so and she's doing very well.
Speaker 2: When you say she participates individually, I'm still confused. Does she participate individually at another school or in this school?
Speaker 19: She doesn't. At her school she participates, so her school goes to like a larger event. So like last weekend, there were like twenty and.
Speaker 2: Your daughter's the only one representing her school.
Speaker 19: So at this particular meet, it was her and the other girl who actually who went, So the two of them went and represented they and so.
Speaker 2: So you literally have people from all these other schools and you have two girls from that school.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay.
Speaker 19: And so in the specific event she ran last weekend, she she individually, she won the event, but her she doesn't have a team, so the team didn't get points to win, but she won individually.
Speaker 5: Is kind of how it goes.
Speaker 19: And there were, you know, around twenty different schools there. So we've been back and forth trying to get a waiver with chessa a waiver for what for her to participate at another school that actually does have a team. And the idea is like, really, she just wants to meet other girls and she wants to run with other girls rather than like running by herself and practice and then participating.
Speaker 2: But now when you say a waiver, so you have to have a waiver to do it. Let's say they did not have a team. Would you be able to just have or participate.
Speaker 19: Or not what would normally happen, You would still need some sort of waiver. They'd have to allow you to do it. So they have I don't know what to.
Speaker 2: Do other kids. Do other kids at private schools have such waivers or are you trying to plow new ground.
Speaker 19: So they other kids do get waivers. So if your school does not have a specific sport, So for instance, if you went to just a Denver public school and you wanted to play water polo and your school doesn't have a water polo team, but another school somewhere does, you could get a waiver to participate at that school. Theoretically they could give you that. So the problem that we're kind of running into though, is when we reach out to Chessa. Chessa then contacts the school my daughter attends, and the well my daughter attend says, well, we do have a team. But I just it's like I'm hitting my head against the wall because I talked to them. The athletic director. And I'm like, you don't have a team. You have you know, my daughter and a part time girl, so you have like one and a half participants.
Speaker 5: And if my daughter wasn't there.
Speaker 2: You who approves this special waiver the school you want her to.
Speaker 19: Go to, So Chasa has to get involved.
Speaker 2: And then who is chasa?
Speaker 19: Chassa is the governing body of all Colorado athletics and they have all kinds of issues with is.
Speaker 3: That chasaha SSA?
Speaker 19: I think it is. So it's actually a private entity. It sounds like it might would be a government entity, but it's a private organization.
Speaker 2: I get it. So when you try to process, when you try to process a waiver and it do you have to as part of the waiver you have to declare that they don't have a team at her school. Yes, And because the school refuses to acknowledge that, you hit a dead end.
Speaker 19: I hit a dead end. And for two reasons this she feels crazy. Like Number one, so she's she's attending a school specifically because of a learning disability. And you know, we've had meetings just in terms of her learning with Denver Public schools where Denver Public Schools say yeah, this is the best place for her, absolutely, and now she's attending a place that's the best place for her does not have a full team, and then she's essentially.
Speaker 3: Not I know you're saying.
Speaker 2: You're saying she's being penalized for having disabilities because she's forced to go to that school and that school only has two girls on the team. What I want to know is this, So the requirement is to get on another team. Is that the current school she or anyone is at must not have a team?
Speaker 3: Is that the rule for everyone?
Speaker 19: So it is the rule for them, but it's a little bit more nuanced than that, so they well, but.
Speaker 3: In other words, they're not singling out your daughter.
Speaker 2: They're saying, no matter who applied to us or wanted a waiver, if their school has a team, they can't do it.
Speaker 3: So that's a real simple answer, Chris.
Speaker 2: In another situation, not involving your daughter, if there was a child who did not want to participate on their team and wanted to go to another team, would they be allowed if their current school had a team.
Speaker 19: So I'm going to add one thing to that. It's it's pretty close to that.
Speaker 2: I know what you're going to add that her school doesn't really have a team. But please help me out. I'm trying to parse through. This is the reason they're giving that she has a team, and that same rule would be applied to anyone. Is that's a yes or no?
Speaker 19: It would, But I want to add one. There's a distinct.
Speaker 5: Just go ahead.
Speaker 19: What's the difference in JB and varsity? So if they were to still say that they had a junior varsity team, then there would be no issue. But because they say they have a varsity team, which but they only have, you know, two students, which that still doesn't constitute a team. And then I'll explain why that doesn't constitute a team as well.
Speaker 2: At the school.
Speaker 19: Their size to participate, to have a team, to participate and field enough girls for a two A or three A school, you have to have five girls. They only have two. If it were a larger school, you would need seven girls if it were the largest schools. I get it to field a team. And so the idea that they continue to say that that they have a team just but.
Speaker 2: Why are they doing that? It seems to me the school I don't think no, no, no, no, I wait, wait, wait, we can all agree. No one's going to say no one's singling out your daughter saying we're going to make it difficult for her, right, I mean, this is just red tape?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 19: It is just red tape.
Speaker 2: Okay, So why would the school then insist they have a team if there's only one and a half girls.
Speaker 19: The only thing that I could think of is like thinking toward the future. If they so, they would have to change their their status to like a JV school, which a lot of a lot of independent or private schools tend to do because they tend to not have enough or have a lot of sciences at a high level. Why they are you know, sticking to this and like I I mean, that's the only thing that I can think of that they're looking that, like, oh, in the future, perhaps will have enough.
Speaker 3: There are a couple of things. There are a couple of ways to tackle this.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, I do believe you have a special case. I really believe it, and I really believe it is a case for discrimination the fact that she's falling into this category. And I also believe Americans with Disabilities Act would apply. If you got an attorney to file a lawsuit. Now, I hate litigation. I hate the idea, but I do believe you would win, okay, because it's a clear distinction, and you make the argument, well you're not saying, you know, they're calling it a team, but in essence, your daughter is being discriminated against because she's with a school. And by the way, is the school only for children with disabilities?
Speaker 19: So I want to say anyone theoretically could go there, but knowing the school as well, I mean, it is really just what is.
Speaker 3: The disability we're talking about?
Speaker 19: With a nonverbal learning disability and then very slow processing which has been diagnosed from Are.
Speaker 2: Most of the kids there with disabilities or not?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Now are there any kids there that don't have learning disabilities?
Speaker 19: So they label a lot of many of the students as like twice exceptional where you know, and they're diagnostic certain things that they tend to score mo on and certain things maybe even exceptionally high on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got to know, all right, Next question, Next next question here, next question? Have you have you consulted an attorney for disabilities?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, Now there is another way around this.
Speaker 2: I want you to hold on three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 3: Eight two five five. Okay, Wow, this.
Speaker 2: Is a weird. This is a weird situation, and we're gonna have to put this in someone's hands to do some investigation.
Speaker 3: Chris. Another way around this.
Speaker 2: There are things where there are individual educational plans where people have actually enrolled in one school, but the IEP makes it necessary for them to attend most of their classes, if not all of them, at another school, but tech they're enrolled not in that school.
Speaker 3: Did you ever explore that?
Speaker 19: I have not explored that yet, but I can also imagine an issue that extends this a tiny bitch I wish. I'm also kind of concerned about SAW. I actually worked at another private school, and we've considered my daughter went there through fifth grade, and she could possibly go here because it does offer like additional services that could help support her. But CHESSA has another rule that I we're going to try and get over that if a student leaves one school, So this year, she participated in a cross country if she leaves her school and goes to any other school, that she'd have to set out for three hundred and sixty five days and not participate in that sport, which is another like draconian rule that CHESSA has.
Speaker 3: You know what they're trying You know what they're trying to prevent?
Speaker 19: Right, I do? I do know?
Speaker 3: Now tell me what they're trying to prevent them What do you think it is?
Speaker 19: They're trying to like creating super teams.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, You're you're wise. That's exactly they're trying to keep people from manipulating so they don't have to move.
Speaker 3: They just have to create a super.
Speaker 19: Team even if they move.
Speaker 2: This rule applause no what I mean is what I mean is they're trying to keep that from happening, that people could sit where they want, have kids go to another school, build.
Speaker 3: A super team.
Speaker 2: They're trying to I understand why they have the rule, and it doesn't always apply. I get that, I get that, but but really I just don't understand why her current school is insisting they have a varsity team when they do they.
Speaker 3: Get funding for that? Do they is their funding for that? What? What downside would there be for them not.
Speaker 19: Having They have a lot of sports that are purely junior varsity, and I don't know if it's a way to just like have an additional sport that they list of being, you know, we have X amount of varsity sports. I really don't know what.
Speaker 2: The well have you ever asked them? Have you ever asked them?
Speaker 19: I mean, it seemed like the point that they were getting at is they wanted to build a program over and have.
Speaker 3: You Okay, but they didn't, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: Have you ever asked them if they would consider dropping the varsity designation for track?
Speaker 19: I have and they said, so it's great, it's cross countries. This particular thing is cross country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have and yeah, they're.
Speaker 19: They're not willing to do that. So we've had many conversations because I did.
Speaker 2: They say why they are not willing to do it.
Speaker 19: I don't think I have a good reason why.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to ask that original question again.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask the original question again.
Speaker 2: Are there other situations where a team where a school does have a varsity team, but a player goes elsewhere?
Speaker 19: So No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 19: So if they are actually a varsity team, you know, say they were a varsity basketball team, the student would not be able to get a waiver to go elsewhere. The only thing I would imagine, though, like if you had only four players on a varsity basketball.
Speaker 2: No, I get it, I get it. There's not enough to make there's not enough to make a team. Look at you don't have to keep telling me you don't consider it a real team. I understand that the question I'm asking is not whether it's a real team. But if a school declares it has a team, doesn't preclude them from playing elsewhere? The answer is yes, it does. In fact, I have someone texting me who is part of who is part of the Colorado High School activities. C it's it's c H SAA. Yes, And they told me that this is normal. They don't say it's right, they say it's normal. She has a team. She's required to play at her team. Now you can get a special waiver. But again, when you applied to this waiver, did you tell them even though there is a team, there is only really one participant.
Speaker 19: Yes, yes, and elected the school. So they contacted the school and they talked to the athletic director, and the athletic director, you know, reiterates that they have a team. So I'm just like going in a circle.
Speaker 2: But does the athletic director say there are five kids on the team, one kid, one and a half. What does the athletic director say.
Speaker 19: I'm not part of that conversation. I don't know what he told them, But in our emails, like I've made it clear to the person on Chassa's side that they only have two girls on the team.
Speaker 2: I want to recap this for people, and if they have suggestions, I want them to text me, and I'm recapping it for one of our deputies. I'll probably give this a deputy d over here. Here's what it is. His daughter has a disability. She goes to a small school. There's only two kids that participate in cross country, and really only one the other girl comes sometimes. Because of that, his daughter cannot participate on another school's team. If they did not have a varsity team, she would be able to participate, But the coach keeps saying they have a team.
Speaker 3: When they really don't.
Speaker 2: And he would like to socialize his daughter with other athletes and get her on a real team. That is okay. So I believe that we should talk to the athletic director at the school you're at. We should talk to the Activities Commission Association.
Speaker 3: We should talk.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, come on, this is just and Americans with disabilities. We should probably contact someone, some attorney who deals with the Americans. Don't we have an attorney, an angel who deals with Americans with disabilities? Maybe just for housing, I don't know, but let's try to find one. Please, anybody listening, help us out. Chris, I'm gonna put you on whole Deputy deal be getting a hold of you, Kachina, get him the contact information. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. This is what I call a good case. We need to help out. Speaking of helping, you need help eight eight eight heating dot com. These people are great. Now listen to this. They'll do a complete checkup of your furnace right now before winter and a clean nineteen books eight eight eight heating dot com.
Speaker 3: But also here's what else they'll do.
Speaker 2: They will do high efficiency systems eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Richard, what is going on in your life? What's happening in Richard? Thank you doing?
Speaker 12: Tom a man?
Speaker 3: What's happening with you?
Speaker 12: You have a connection Tom doing good? Thank you? Then you have a connection with Ticketmaker.
Speaker 2: Now, Kachina, do we have an angel over a ticket Master?
Speaker 10: Suzanne would probably no better. I can certainly thought we did, but anyway, I thought, we don't know if we still have one.
Speaker 3: Do you have a list of our angel list?
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll look, but it doesn't matter, Richard, we can still put someone on it.
Speaker 3: What's going on, man?
Speaker 12: Well, a couple of months ago I bought some tickets to a concert, and about a month ago I got an email from Ticketmaster and the email basically said your your ticket transfer is on the way to tis some random name, and so.
Speaker 3: Did you buy them? Did you buy them through ticket Master?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes?
Speaker 12: And so I pulled up my account a ticket Master and all six of my tickets support transferred without my authorization or or anything. And so I called right away and put in.
Speaker 2: A So somebody, somebody, what do they do hack or to hack into your account or something?
Speaker 12: I guess so I'm not big.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you something I don't know. In general, when you buy tickets and Ticketmaster, can you have them transferred if you want to other people? I mean, yeah, that must be like a regular thing, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 12: I'm a little bit older and I'd rarely go to any concerts, so I really don't buy anything on Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, let me ask my I'll ask my girlfriend. But in any case, uh, what happened then?
Speaker 12: So anyway, so I called right away and put it in a fraud report and they said they'd get back to me within three to five days. Ten days later, I called and, uh, check them up. I hadn't heard, and they told me to wait. So long story short, I called a couple of times and both and two or three times they told me just to wait and try. They'd call me or email me. And then so I followed up again today after not hearing from them. It's spent about three weeks, and the person on phone today said that the case had been closed. Yeah, and so I pulled up my account. It's still the same thing. They're still transferred to somebody else and nobody ever contacted me or any think.
Speaker 2: So okay, here's what I found out for my girlfriend. Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster can be transferred to other people. And there's two conditions. One you have to have an account. Two they have to have an account, they have to log in you have to log into your account and transfer it.
Speaker 3: That's the only way it can be done.
Speaker 2: So there might be restrictions based on tickets if they're really VIP tickets and all that. Who are the tickets for.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's for Alan Jackson and they are premium seats for it.
Speaker 2: No premium seats. But it's not like a concert that people are dying to go to.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 12: Oh no, I mean it's I don't it's not.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not the same as a tailor swift ticket or something. So uh no, okay, So here's the deal. Someone hacked into your account. Do you have a two party verification or or a second or whatever they call it. Do you have where they text or email you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: Not, I don't think so. They when I when I call in, they text me.
Speaker 2: But that's wait wait wait when you when you log into your account or do you you do log in, they don't text you an nothing.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we got a problem here. This is happening to a lot of people. How the hell did they get your log in information?
Speaker 12: I have no idea. And you know important part of the problem too, is well, the big problem is the fraud department. You know, never contacting me and just close the case with doing nothing.
Speaker 19: Is your password for the ticket Master account the same password you would use elsewhere?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, who did they the guy that they transferred to, the woman who do they transfer to?
Speaker 3: Let's let's try to find this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've gotten an email address which is b hold on No, no.
Speaker 2: No, not on the air.
Speaker 3: We might do it off the air.
Speaker 2: You have somebody's email? Did you email that person?
Speaker 12: No, this is just from the email I got from Ticketmaster. It has their name and their email address of.
Speaker 2: The person of the person who now has your tickets.
Speaker 12: Yes, and it's definitely a scam email.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, what is the email? What the hell?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 12: And d w C six six five six six at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Did you try emailing it? No, d w C d w C six six five sixty six yep at Gmail, So they they may have just opened up a temporary email to do this. Do you have the person's name they were transferred to.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it says just Block j I. S h l o. P.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's the first name, j Shlop.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Well that's the first and last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the first name is just j I. S.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, who the hell? And what's the last name?
Speaker 5: Block?
Speaker 19: L O P that?
Speaker 3: Come on, bro, is there such person?
Speaker 2: Go on face, let's come on people, let's go. Let's go search for these people. I mean, is there a such person? No, just launches. No, No, I don't see anything, is uh man?
Speaker 3: They even probably faked the name. I don't know. This is crazy shop.
Speaker 12: That's why it's crazy. I think the fraud department justosed, didn't do anything, just closing.
Speaker 2: Well did you call him back and say don't close it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I called him back.
Speaker 12: And today, well today I'm talking to and put in another request.
Speaker 2: But and is this a concert in Denver?
Speaker 12: No, it's in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Oh you were going to travel to see Alan Jackson? Are you sure it's not good? Josh? Is it just or is it? There are a lot of Josh lops.
Speaker 12: No, this is just Jay I agent, maybe by mistake lop and uh and it's Alan Jackson.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe that ticketmaster won't do anything about this. Listen, uh b bow, Deputy bus, Let's call Ticketmaster and find out what There's got to be somebody a ticketmaster that'll do something about this. Okay, this is weird we have hold on. Richard, Deputy Bowl will talk to you. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven to one three talk if you need insurance checkups Compass Insurance Group, the Insurance Healthcenter dot com three h three nine nine six nine thousand. Make sure you're not paying too much or that you're not under insured.
Speaker 3: Three h three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content of time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're Troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks.
Speaker 3: So this scam is really bad, folks, really bad.
Speaker 2: So it is a ticketmaster scam where people are well the ticketmaster doesn't perpetrate the scam. But people are hacking into accounts and they are stealing the tickets. They're basically transferring into a to themselves. Obviously this name isn't real jish Lop and the email address is undeliverable, and uh so you need what are they call that? I call it second party verification, but it's not. It's called I don't know, it's called two that's what it is. Two factor verification. So when you log into something, they send you the OTP or they send you a code or a text or an email or something in addition to.
Speaker 3: Just you logging in.
Speaker 2: Now the the the other.
Speaker 3: Thing people are doing.
Speaker 2: And Apple does this, and this is what I love biometrics. I think biometrics should be everything, absolutely everything. A fingerprint, I mean, or iris, no one can no one can hack that. So when I log into my a lot of my accounts now it does facial recognition or it does fingerprints, but I think only Apple devices have that option. Right now, hang on, and we're gonna we're really gonna take all of these calls, so just hang on. Now, why does it say that Don's been on? Has he been on that long? Don? What's going on with you, sir? What's going on? Don I'm sorry you wade it so long, Yes, sir, that's all right.
Speaker 20: I don't mind if you can help me. So I've lived in my townhome community about eighteen years and they towed my vehicle back in two thousand and nine illegally took them small flames courts and they ended up losing, so in revenge.
Speaker 2: Wait, how'd they lose? Why did they lose? That's unusual. Why did they lose?
Speaker 20: Okay, so they towed my car after three days. You know, I had a junky old pickup truck because I drive over the road and I would take it out to Common City and park it there for it.
Speaker 2: But why why did they Why did they tow it though? Did it not have a registration?
Speaker 9: No, it had a flat tire.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they call that incapacitated.
Speaker 20: Right, but it was in my parking spot.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. And how did you win? Tell me what happened? How did you win?
Speaker 20: Because my law they can. They got to put a note that we're going to tow this car, and then they got to wait three more days before they can tow it.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, actually that's that's a new law, and there are new restrictions. However, there are exceptions to that law, but apparently they didn't apply to you because you won, so you took them to small claims court and got your money back.
Speaker 20: Well, no, I got money plus.
Speaker 2: So anyway, how much did you win?
Speaker 20: I've won like six dollars?
Speaker 2: And do you rent there? Do you rent there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I own?
Speaker 2: I'm okay, okay, that is very unusual. Hold on a second, I'm going to come back to you. Who did you sue the hoa? Yes, you are really the man. I want to talk to you about this and more coming up. Hang on, I'm Tom Martine. This guy actually suit his HOA for towing in one Wow. That and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show stick Around. We're also going to try to find out more about this ticketmaster hack.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 10: Run as fast as Cam.
Speaker 2: Is gonna help?
Speaker 13: Come man.
Speaker 2: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three talk. That's the iHeart number.
Speaker 2: My number twenty four to seven is three oh three Martino three oh three six.
Speaker 3: Two seven eight four sixty six. Welcome one and all.
Speaker 2: I think we discovered, as this show often does, we discover scams, ripoffs, and and all kinds of schemes before anyone else. And then of course you see them show up on TV and and I love the their trick.
Speaker 3: They claim, of course they.
Speaker 18: Investigated it and uncovered it and such a game.
Speaker 2: But those who listen to this show hear about things weeks and weeks and weeks in advance.
Speaker 3: And one thing I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: We discovered a scam, and I looked it up, and there's a lot of people complaining about it. Their Ticketmaster accounts hacked into and the tickets transferred out.
Speaker 3: What do you do about it?
Speaker 2: He's pretty serious. I don't know what you do about it. Who's handling that? Who did we give this to? Bow?
Speaker 3: So bo? Did you get his information? Are you checking on it?
Speaker 2: Of course the email that they transferred it to, not the email, but the email's undeliverable. A lot of times people start a temporary email, so that was a BO.
Speaker 3: He's looking into that.
Speaker 2: And then we had don We want to go back to who lives in a town home community and he has an issue with an HOA.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, he won.
Speaker 2: He took him to small claims court and won when they told him because they didn't toell him, according to the new law, they have to give him notice. Now that applies all except when you block traffic, or you're in a thoroughfare, a right of way, or someone else's a spot. There is no they don't have to give you warning and all of that. But in his case, they definitely had to give him warning and he won. So now what continue your story? Don you've lived there for nineteen years. They towed your car, oh, eighteen years. They towed your car for a flat tire. You won, you got six hundred plus. What happened then?
Speaker 20: Okay? So then on that falling by eight months later, ten months later, in June or July of twenty ten, ten, they took away my parking Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait two thousand wait wait ho ho ho two thousand and ten.
Speaker 20: Yeah, this is my car was towed in two thousand and nine, and that's what.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, wait a minute, there was wait wait wait, hold hold on when you went to small claims court it was back in two thousand and nine. Yes, yes, there was no requirement for warning back then. But I don't know how you want. I don't want to I don't want to get I don't want to get into it. You won, so I okay, So they told your car nine they in two thousand and nine. Okay, okay, got it? So why are we calling about this now?
Speaker 20: That's well, that's not the problem. What happened after that, even with me, They took away the parking spot that I hadn't runed in my garage where they towed my car from.
Speaker 2: And then and then oh hold on, okay, so the HOA took away your your parking spot in what.
Speaker 20: Year in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I don't know where. By the way, people, when I tell you, people think chronologically.
Speaker 3: This is a prime example.
Speaker 2: He started out in two thousand and nine, we're now in twenty ten.
Speaker 3: So what happened to keep going?
Speaker 20: Okay, so you know, so now my parking spot is probably.
Speaker 2: Why did they wait? Wait, what was the excuse for taking your parking space away?
Speaker 20: Okay? So they said I was parking in the filing, which this is wonderful because in the same exact tho, because the main drag goes right past the end of my driveway and the neighbors to the west of me can still park art of there.
Speaker 2: Did they give you? Did they give you another parking space?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Over and away over by another hole.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got it, I got it. Okay, so keep going. They took away your parking space near near the townhouse, okay, and and okay, got it right in my garage.
Speaker 20: And so with doing that, they had to take away my neighbors next door to me to the east the same way. So we're the only two people out of eighty units that can that park them.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, I get it. So so but keep going, Man, I don't know where we're going with this story. This is only twenty ten, and we're okay, go ahead.
Speaker 20: Now, I'm getting to it. I'm getting to it.
Speaker 2: Ees, I hope you do. Okay, you sure we don't have to go through twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Okay, keep going.
Speaker 20: No, no, no, no, we're going to jup right to present. About six months ago, door Dashin, I met this lady who's an arbitrator, and we ended up talking about townhomes, about things, and she told me that they're required by law if they're going to move parking spots, that they have to do a parking study in order to change spots in the town home community.
Speaker 2: Okay, don she's wrong. Do that she's wrong? Oh really, yeah, but let's let's not go there here. I got another way, I got another proposition. Okay, let's assume she was correct. Okay, let's assume that in two thoy ten they did not go.
Speaker 3: Through the proper procedure.
Speaker 2: Let's, for argument's sake, let's say that's true. They did not do it properly. In twenty ten, you are so past the statute of limitations that you could never do anything about it ever.
Speaker 20: I mean my parking spots now mine, no matter what, even though I'm the only one singled out for this, it's.
Speaker 2: Been fourteen years. Yeah, I know, and like I said, I didn't know, Don, Don, I'm gonna listen, Don, I got it, seriously, Bro, I got to take some other calls now you know you are.
Speaker 20: Can you give me a lawyer I can talk to you about h please, That's why I called then a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see a lawyer that does.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to pay for a consultation. We got to find a lawyer. We don't okay, okay, okay. Brad O'Brien O'Brien legal Services. He's a real estate attorney and he can talk to you all about HOA. So, Brian O'Brien legal services. Brad, his name is Brad O'Brien. Let me give you his number. Here's his number, seven to zero three seven zero seventy three.
Speaker 20: Eighty eight seventy three eighty eighty.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But can I talk to you as a friend here? I really, I really do want to talk to you. Don't waste your time, okay, don't waste your money. I'm serious, Bro, I mean, why would you well.
Speaker 20: Because I fall. I have to walk across a whole thing lane of ice. How are you you set up with the sun? I have to subverse ice and I have eight.
Speaker 2: But do you understand this condition has existed for fourteen years? Do you know what the statute of limitary? Do you know what the statute of limitation means?
Speaker 20: Yes? I absolutely do.
Speaker 2: What does it mean? No? No, you don't know what does it mean?
Speaker 20: It means if you only have a certain amount of time to address an issue before times the clock starts.
Speaker 2: And there's two different there's two different statutes of limitations. There's one that goes from the discovery of a problem and then usually goes two or three years, okay, depending on the offense. So you're going to say you discovered it when.
Speaker 20: I've just discovered it in like juno.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, because of that discovery clause, and because that could indefinitely extend lawsuits, there's another statute limitations that goes along with it. It's called it's called an absolute.
Speaker 3: Statute of limitations. Okay, Now do you know what that means?
Speaker 20: I'm not not not.
Speaker 2: It means that no matter when you discover it, no matter when you discover it, don't if it's past usually ten on the outside. Some have an absolute statute of limitations of twelve years.
Speaker 20: Oh okay, so I'm even outside that got you.
Speaker 2: I believe you're totally outside of it. And I don't think you have a prayer. But call Brad O'Brien, spend your money and find that out for yourself. That's okay, you should get legal advice.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give you legal advice.
Speaker 20: Well, like I said, you know, they they did this through a retired fire cheap is how what's that done? Changing the fireplace done?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean you can still call if you want to spend you know, like I said, I'm not giving you legal advice. You know there might be some crazy way. Hey, do me a favor though, if you because you're so tenacious, you took them to court nine years ago, act you or whatever in two thousand and nine, I mean, and you won.
Speaker 3: Just let me know what happens, okay.
Speaker 20: All right, yeah, I well, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Three h three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five Byron.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, Byron, what's going on? Man. What's going on? Byron good Man? What's happening?
Speaker 5: Good Hey, I have a sibling that is not taking care of their finances properly.
Speaker 3: How old is the sibling?
Speaker 5: Sixty five? He's been on good pain killers for probably forty years. Oh right, so I think his brain's messed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get where you're going. Hang on and we'll come back to that. We'll talk about competency. Let's see we can get our attorney on. Let's see who she would get. How about Dan mackenzie, Let's try to get him on. Okay, Kachina, I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too muche at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom, Martino. Here, guess what we found out, Deputy d When we were talking about, uh, this hacking of Ticketmaster, one guy texted me and said, Oh, that's impossible. How are they going to hack your Ticketmaster account? Guess what happened? Go ahead, Dimitri Tom.
Speaker 4: Here's a story on CBS News from just a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: Uh is that local or is that national?
Speaker 2: National?
Speaker 4: The network itself, a cyber criminal group claims that stole personal data belonging to more than five hundred million Ticketmaster customers.
Speaker 3: And so that's what happened, bro, Your your account was hacked? And what did they say? They could get access to the account?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you could if you have this down on this. So they had everybody's user name and password.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what the cyber criminal group claims. And if you do a keyword search, you get page after page after page of very fresh, very recent stories and videos.
Speaker 2: So bo scam bo. Okay, he's working on this. Make sure you tell him about it. Send a link to bow will you or send a link to Kachina. Do you have an email or.
Speaker 4: Only have your email address?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Send it to help at troubleshooter dot com and to me, uh, kachina, get that to bo. So when he talks to them, they feel a little responsibility for helping.
Speaker 3: For God's sakes. Now back to back to Byron.
Speaker 2: Byron says, his brother sixty five and uh is not taking care of his finances. He's on painkillers. Yes, and you think, do you think he's incompetent?
Speaker 5: Well, obviously it's not what most people do. Most people open their mail and pay their bills.
Speaker 3: Now, remember does he live alone?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does he get.
Speaker 3: Dressed in the morning, does he shower, does he groom? Does he travel? Does he drive?
Speaker 5: To some extent of course? Yes? Yeah, well so yeah he drives. That he probably he should not with the painkillers.
Speaker 2: Without him voluntarily, without him voluntarily allowing.
Speaker 3: You to take over, it's not going.
Speaker 2: To happen without a court of law declaring him incompetent. Unfortunately, once that happens, he can't live on his own.
Speaker 5: Right. He's actually in rehab right now and he probably will not get out of rehab, although he's under the delusi that he will. You know, how there's always hope, right, How does.
Speaker 3: One stay on pain killers for fourteen years?
Speaker 5: Now forty years?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god?
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait, wait, how do you do that without dying?
Speaker 5: Well, that's a good question. I mean we've we've been trying to figure this out for years. He's been managing. I mean, you know he'll go he's got pain and management doctors, and but.
Speaker 2: Usually you build a tolerance and you never ever get relief. I mean, come on, forty ye? What what doses?
Speaker 5: They change it up?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if you change it up, even if you go from one to another to another. It has to be literally more dosage. And then here's what happens. There's no secret. You become more sensitized to pain therefore, and then less sensitized to the medicine. So you have to increase the medicine, and your pain is even more than it was in the beginning. And then you keep increasing medicine because you don't feel it until your heart stops. That ask prince. I mean, you know, it just happens. So, so here's what I want to know. What dosage was he on right before wehab?
Speaker 5: Oh, morphine? Probably ninety milligrams a day.
Speaker 2: Let's not that's impopp I mean, I can't believe it's only ninety milligrams.
Speaker 3: After all, this time.
Speaker 5: Well, and then he's on a dilauded too, he'll.
Speaker 2: Do oh oh my god. So he's stack Okay, that's called stacking him. He's stacking him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're stacking him for him.
Speaker 2: Usually that before they kill you at abound. There are people that have been gone as high as two hundred, two hundred and forty milligrams of something and add it up or whatever and then you're dead.
Speaker 5: But man, yeah, I don't so I have no idea how I mean, ninety grill milligram sounds like a lot to me, but I don't really know him.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a lot, but but to I mean, listen, man, it is a lot. But there are people that tolerate it. You build it up.
Speaker 5: So no, and I think his he gets hell. So he's in the rehab place right now, which basically nursing home, and he focuses really on three things. One is his pain killers obviously, one is his TV, and the others his food and that beyond that.
Speaker 3: Well, those are the three essentials in life. Well that's what drugs, television, and food.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you know I've expanded out to about five things in my life.
Speaker 3: But Kate Byron listen, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: If you not want to know, I want to tell you if you can get the doctor and yourself and then some to say he needs art for guardianship. Are you ready to take that on man?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I would be happy to do that. My sister would be happy to do that too.
Speaker 2: And that's what you need.
Speaker 3: Two family members and a doctor.
Speaker 5: Is that what it is?
Speaker 12: What it is?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Hey, deputy doctor, are you there? I'm here, Tom, Deputy Dock in coompetency, right, two family members and a doctor.
Speaker 17: I never dealt with the elderly patients, Tom, most of my patients who were under sixty five, so I really rarely dealt with incompetent incompetency.
Speaker 16: So I don't know the laws.
Speaker 3: I don't know the.
Speaker 2: Laws, Okay, I just I know from past cases it's been a it was something like that. But I'm asking my girlfriend declared legally incompetent. Okay, I believe it is though two family members and a doctor. And of course if there are no family members and then let's see.
Speaker 3: So my girlfriend is saying.
Speaker 2: It involves filing a petition with the courts. Okay, it requires exactly what I said two family members and a caregiver, or a family member, a caregiver and another party. So three parties. You petition the courts.
Speaker 3: That's it. You file a petition and then the courts hear it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the courts, if the guy protests a lot and the court sees it necessary, they may order an independent evaluation.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's really.
Speaker 5: If we needed to get that independent evaluation part that was part of it, because that could be I don't know, it could be complicated and expensive. I don't it could be expended. I don't really care about that.
Speaker 2: No, it's not going to be. It's not that. It's not that expensive, by the way. Okay, And here's what's here's what's crazy. If you do it and take over as finances, you can reimburse yourself.
Speaker 3: It's true. And it's not you know you can't. Well you're allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: So what what income?
Speaker 5: This is the one that needs to be reimbursed for all her time, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: What income does this guy have?
Speaker 5: Oh, very very low, he's got it. He's probably worth two million in assets. But it's oh, it's all what.
Speaker 3: Did he do for a what did he do for a living, a farmer.
Speaker 2: Okay, jeez, how does a farmer get on pain killers?
Speaker 5: Well, he had some pain when he was young, and he had, uh, your broken bone, and and I honestly, I can't tell you whether it was justified or not, but it is. You know, when you go and ask for pain medicine from doctors, especially back in the eighties or nineties, you know, there was no real limitation on that.
Speaker 3: I know it. I know it, my god.
Speaker 5: Now it's it's a lot harder. And he keeps, he keeps, he keeps worrying that he's going to get his pain. Doctors are going to kick him off.
Speaker 2: You know. Here's the thing about. Here's the thing about pain meds. Here's the thing about. Have you ever been on pain meds? Byron?
Speaker 5: No? Not really?
Speaker 2: I mean right here, here's I don't understand well, and I'm talking about like opiates or the like.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what it is. But this is a reality. Some people can get on pain meds and it.
Speaker 3: Never ever affects them.
Speaker 2: They get off them once they've been on them, they get on them six weeks, they have to get off they get on, three weeks, they get off, and and it's like amazing to me. It just is one of those things where people aren't affected. Then there's another group of people who take a pain pill and something about the way they're wired. It just flips a switch. Well, it's not that they get hooked. They want to be hooked. I'm going to tell you something. I remember the day, many many many years ago, many years ago, this doctor when I had that problems way I mean, I don't even remember how.
Speaker 3: Old I was.
Speaker 2: I had such back problems and it was like hurting me like crazy. Somebody that this doctor prescribed me some a painkiller, and I remember the day when I took it and my entire world changed. I thought, oh my god, I never knew life could be so wonderful. I'm serious. That was my first host. So here's what I did. When I was running out. I asked my other doctors, a really good friend of mine, I say, hey, doc, is there a such thing as painkillers being used like a maintenance thing for depression or for like like anxious and for making your life better? And he said, absolutely positively not. And he says, you are wired. And he said, if you like it that much. Get off of them. It was the wisest thing he ever told me. And so I don't. I don't even take them. I mean I did when I had surgery, like real quick. But I tell those doctors right up front, do not prescribe me a painkiller. I tell him it's in my chart, and only because it scared the hell out of me. So there are your brother, I'll bet you there are people that literally get up in the morning thinking about when do I take my next dose?
Speaker 3: And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I have no idea why some people are wired that way?
Speaker 3: Why do you think? I mean, you're not, And he is right, that's weird.
Speaker 5: So and my dad was on the same situation. He had had back being since he was eleven. It's from a car accident, and so he was on killers his whole life. And of course they work together, and I, you know, maybe he got it from there. I don't know, yeah, forward from there.
Speaker 2: I asked. I asked a doctor one time, why are some people wired where it just fills in all these gaps? I you know, I swear to God, I mean it would be like it's a road to nowhere and then you die and you know, and I I I wonder about that and and people say, well, no, you know, addiction is a physical disease and and there's nothing you can do about it. And that's bs because it's attitude you have. You have to say to yourself, all right, I'm not doing it, you know, And that's behavioral. I'm not doing it. But you know, if you do do it, it feels so good. And it's just crazy. But my heart goes out to people when they're hooked on them. Over the years, I've talked to many people and I don't get all judgmental, but because I know how they feel. So anyway, thanks.
Speaker 17: To my brother, he was fifty years old and never took a drug in his life, had shows with surgery, and after he stopped after three days, he had such withdrawal symptoms they had to bring him to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even withdrawal, it's a mental thing. It's just this.
Speaker 16: You get physical withdrawal sometimes, well, of course.
Speaker 3: You can, yes, but it takes a long time, doesn't it.
Speaker 16: No, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It took him.
Speaker 17: He was after for two days and he had only been on it for about a week and he went into withdrawal.
Speaker 2: We gotta take this break. I'm Tom Martine more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Man? Do we have to have interesting discussions on this show and people learn so much?
Speaker 3: Love it? Let's talk to Lauren Lauren? What's happening?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi Lauren? Oh, what's going on?
Speaker 15: I took my Hi, I took my car to a Firestone to get an alternator replaced. With my car, they had to remove the air conditioning to get the alternator.
Speaker 2: What kind of car is?
Speaker 15: Then that came twenty ten Nissan Morano. Okay, yeah, And so I came back that I got an oil change that came up, that I had an air conditioning leak. So I took it back to Firestone, like, hey, you guys are the only ones that touched the air conditioning. They're like, oh, it wasn't us. These things just happened. I took it to them again, like, look, it was working just fine before I brought it to you guys. Oh it was just a still.
Speaker 2: How long how long after how long after the service did the ac leak show up?
Speaker 15: I would say about a month after. I have multiple sclerosis, so I don't drive very often. But that being said, I do have a medical condition that I have heat in tolerance. I get busy.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that for sure. Yeah, Lauren, where did you take it for service?
Speaker 15: Firestone?
Speaker 3: Just a normal Firestone one particular one.
Speaker 15: Uh, it's a Firestone on eightis. And Wadsworth, a friend of mine, helped me with the alternator because I'm on disability as a fixed in its like well, yeah, like I've done business with Firestone. Take it there and so I didn't know and.
Speaker 2: They did the alternator. Everything else went well. Right, they got the alternator and all of that, right.
Speaker 15: I mean, that's questionable because I was even telling my Grappa when I start the car, my car has driven really bad ever since they worked on it. I was telling my grandpa, like, I recorded a noise it was making after I started, and he's like, that's a bad alternator. So I just took it back yesterday, like, oh, we think the alternator's sad. They kept it all night and today they were like, oh, we didn't find anything wrong with the alternator, but the sound is gone.
Speaker 2: And when when did they When did they do that alternator? Originally that was in June? And was that for Is that for a new alternator or just did they fix it or what a new alternator? Okay, now right now where we sit, what's the problem right now?
Speaker 15: The air conditioning because my air conditioning doesn't work. And then I took it back to them like hey, it has a leak and you guys touched it, and so they drained all the free on like, oh, you can't use your air conditioning until you get a six and they quoted me like eighteen dollars, but they said.
Speaker 3: It's not but they said it's not their fault.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, They're like, well, we had to take it out in order to get to the alternators, but we didn't cause the leak.
Speaker 2: They had to take what but what they had to take hold on? What did they have to take out? That's the part I'm confused about.
Speaker 15: They had to take the whole air conditioning unit out to get to the alternator career.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound That doesn't sound correct to me. Something is missing. I want to get Kevin Colkin on one of my auto.
Speaker 3: Experts and Okay, there's.
Speaker 2: An expression, and I want you to take this the right way, Lauren. There's an expression in the car in the car business, it is once you touch the car, you own it.
Speaker 3: Now, what they mean by that is when someone.
Speaker 2: Works on a car and they're blamed for everything that goes wrong with it afterwards. Now I'm not saying they shouldn't be blamed. I'm just saying it's common and I just want we have to make a connection here. Now, how many miles on this car?
Speaker 15: About one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's something else I need to tell you. And the reason I'm telling you all of this is is kind of a dose of reality.
Speaker 3: So we don't go nuts.
Speaker 2: Let's say, for argument's sake, they broke the AC.
Speaker 3: Now, one can make the argument.
Speaker 2: The AC was fourteen years old, and it was. It has one hundred and twenty five thousand miles on it, so the AC may not have been one hundred percent perfect to begin with.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna I'm.
Speaker 5: Just an old car.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm gonna brace you for this. Let's say they're one hundred percent responsible and they broke it. They still may not be responsible to pay one hundred percent of the repair. Now, I'm not saying they shouldn't help. If they caused it, they should pay for whatever damages they caused. So let's say, on a twenty ten with one hundred and twenty five thousand miles, they ruined your AC. They certainly don't have to make that AC like new. They have to make it like it was, and that's impossible to do. So if you this is crazy and people hate hearing it, But if you had that rebuilt or replaced with a new one, you may have to chip in for that along with them, if they were one hundred percent at fault.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's it's It's the same way as if you were in an accident in that car and somebody destroyed it.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't have to buy you a new car.
Speaker 2: They only have to get you a car comparable to the one that was destroyed.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not even sure they broke it.
Speaker 2: They may have. I'm gonna ask Kevin about that. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So, Kevin Calkin, she has a twenty ten Nissan Morano. She had her alternator replaced and her air conditioning's not working. What would they have to screw with on that air conditioner to get.
Speaker 11: To that, possibly broke the plug off, you know, for the electric clutch something like that. That's purely easy. They're pretty lightweight plugs. Just not paying attention and just bump it and crack it. I mean, if it's still got a charge on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're saying there's no there. They took it all out. They said it's going to cause eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Bucks to fix.
Speaker 2: Would you be able to look at it and see if it was broken because of them doing the alternator or if it was just wear and tear or whatever in a coincidence, because remember the expression, you touch it.
Speaker 3: You own it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you own the whole car, absolutely, but you.
Speaker 3: But you can kind of discern that, can't you?
Speaker 5: Typically yes, yes, all right, So.
Speaker 2: Would you do?
Speaker 3: Can you do us the honors?
Speaker 2: Where are you located?
Speaker 9: Lauren serve at it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh cool, he's on Collfax west of Wadsworth, Kachina.
Speaker 3: Give him the information so she can check it out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we'll be happy to check it for Kevin.
Speaker 2: I also want to ask you another question after the break on the normal life of ACS. Well, maybe you tell me what's the normal life it's it's fourteen years old.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's getting close to the end of it. But you know they they go fifty fifteen years.
Speaker 2: But a good thank you. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Lions three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 18: News.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 7: Come.
Speaker 2: Run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come man. This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier if we can a number of topics we've been covering will recap when we have a chance. I want to talk to uh, let's see Dave a question on car insurance.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the only show that it's kind of anywhere, Dave.
Speaker 2: How do we help you? Sir?
Speaker 14: It's Martino. Hey, I called you yesterday and you answered my question insurance. That's what I want to do. I want to gift my car to my mother. She doesn't live in Danversits and Clublow. So I called my insurance company see if I could add her on my pology and they said no, if she is there different she don't live up my address. That's all right, I'm fine, Jack are getting non owners that's only liability. They won't cover my damage on my car.
Speaker 2: Or wait now, wait a minute, wait a minute, what are you trying to accomplish? I got to get to that first. What are you trying to accomplish, Dave?
Speaker 14: Well, like I said, I'm gonna give her the gift for the car in place for her. I have so many cars.
Speaker 2: Right when you gift her this car, why can't she just buy her own insurance?
Speaker 14: Okay, that's the question. She's going to check into that. But I owe money to a bank still on the car, I got food coverage on it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna you're you're required. You're required to have collision coverage and you can't gift the car. If you do, they can call the note do off. So what here's what you do? If you can add her to your policy, she doesn't have to live with you if it's her car, not her car like you can. You can switch the title of the car, but you're still responsible for the loan. Let me get compass insurance on Okay, you know what, why don't you hold on? Let's get Compass insurance on the line, Kachina Compass insurance?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Uh Savannah has a question.
Speaker 2: We get quite a bit now with the new mailers going out from Excel Energy and uh Savannah, welcome.
Speaker 3: What do you need to know about?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 20: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 9: Got one of those mailers that you've been talking about for ten percent off your electricity if you sign up for the solar farm thing.
Speaker 15: Right, But Excel does not.
Speaker 9: I don't pay Excel for my electricity bill, so I just.
Speaker 7: Don't know how.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, who do you want that benefitness? Who do you fort Collins? Well then it won't benefit you. I don't see how it can. What do you mean the city of Fort Collins. I didn't know that. What what are the people in Fort Collins? They pay the city?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we pay the city for electricity and water. We only pay Excel for our gap.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it wouldn't work. You just got that in error. But the electricity, how do they parse that out? And for Fort Collins? Are they reselling? What are they doing? I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just get a bill from the city for water and electric I'm not sure how they We have a.
Speaker 2: Meter and the city reads your meter. Yes, yes, I must be. It must be some kind of a co op. I've never heard of that. I mean, I didn't know that. By the way, it hasn't been going on a long time. I've been in Colorado nearly fifty years. I mean, has it been going on along ever since?
Speaker 9: I've ever since I've been on my own in the city of Fort Collins. We've always paid the City of Fort Collins for our electric and water.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it's interesting. Okay, well, no you can't. Obviously, it has to be someone who gets electricity from Excel and then you sign onto this co op and then you get the bill a bill from the co op, and then you get a lower bill from Excel, and supposedly the two added together give you at least ten percent reduction, sometimes more so because you're taking part.
Speaker 9: I thought it was weird. I even got the letter, so do I.
Speaker 2: But you know why, because you are a customer. You're just a gas customer. But I just think there's probably no way for them to know, or they they just sent it out to all of their customers.
Speaker 3: Savannah, that's interesting. So anyone else.
Speaker 2: If you got that and you only get gased from Excel, obviously you're not going to get a rebate on your UH on.
Speaker 3: Your electric all right?
Speaker 2: So do how how is getting thank you? How is getting compassed? Did we get Compass on or not? Thank you? Thank you?
Speaker 17: Kachina, Hey, Tom, I did that with my son. I just listened to him as a driver, and I kept it with the car in my name and.
Speaker 16: He has it.
Speaker 2: Okay. I mean when you you ensure it in everything, right.
Speaker 17: I just kept it in my name, put him as a driver, and nothing changed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well let's figure that out. I'm going to ask Compass to be sure. But I believe you.
Speaker 16: I did the Compass because then I you know.
Speaker 2: I get well, you know what then, Dave, have you thought about that? Dave, let's bring him back. According to deputy Doc who checked with Compass already, he just named him as a driver on the policy. Why wouldn't they let you do that?
Speaker 14: Because I tried to be mister a good guy and I called him first and see it, and they had me on recorded line. They said, no, no, the car has to be in Denver, in your garage, in.
Speaker 5: Your possession, not in Pleblo.
Speaker 14: She's used it over there and gets an accident, we will not cover that car.
Speaker 2: Now, wait a minute, I don't know if you added her as a driver. They said they won't cover it if she lives in another household. Right right, all right, Brian Burns Compass Insurance, let's bring him up. Brian, you there, Brian, I'm here here, all right. So Dave has a car that's financed, so obviously it's financed. He must carry collision and he wants to give the car to his mother if he can, or at least accomplish it so she can drive it all the time and be on the insurance. Now, his insurance company told him he can't do that if she lives in another household.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 5: Is it so?
Speaker 21: Because he tried to list her as an as a operator on the.
Speaker 2: Pall that yes, exactly exactly.
Speaker 21: It's surprising me they even asked the question, because if if you were to call me and to say I need to add an operator on the policy, I would just I would add the operator period. Uh So I wouldn't really have to get into the detail about address. I assume she's in the same Saint.
Speaker 15: Though she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's did you say, no, she's in She's in Pueblo, Colorado.
Speaker 3: He's in Denver area. I think.
Speaker 21: Okay, yeah, so you're still still in Colorado. So that's that's the more important part to me.
Speaker 2: Who's your car? Who's your carrier?
Speaker 5: Dave safe.
Speaker 2: Brian Okay, why would safe code not let him put his mother on that car?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They said you have to have the car at your house, right, Dave?
Speaker 20: Right, what you can on policy?
Speaker 21: You can change the garaging zip code to wherever it truly is, So that would be another option.
Speaker 2: Now, why why do they care about the garage? Why do they care about the garaging zip code?
Speaker 21: As you Well, for a factor of reasons. Let's just talk about the physical damage portion, like let's say comprehensive if you're in an area that's more prone to hall. The rating factors are different in one place over another, if there's a higher proportion of accidents in a certain area, or theft rate if you're in one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he ought to have it better. He ought to have it better in Pueblo.
Speaker 21: I would sure think so. I think Pueblo would be a lesser rate.
Speaker 2: So, Dave, you so, what do you actually say to SAFECode? Who is your agent? Dave?
Speaker 11: You're not talk to Jasker?
Speaker 14: And they told me you can't do it and make.
Speaker 2: It Dave, Dave, you don't, Dave, who do you go? Dave? Who do you go to? The buy insurance?
Speaker 14: I'm a guy that sold it for me to dam wrote it up and I took them and I paid every month on a credit card.
Speaker 5: I That's all I do.
Speaker 2: But who is Okay, yeah, co is my insurance? I understand that. But you have an agent?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 7: Not me?
Speaker 2: I just call and connected Brian, Let me, Brian, let me ask you. Just just hold on, Dave. I'm going to help you out here. How do you become his agent of record?
Speaker 21: He had to sign a broker of record, but it wouldn't take place until renewals, so it really wouldn't help him in the immediate you know, because they really don't change that over until renewal. But he, I mean, he should have someone. I wouldn't talk to an adjuster. I would know Paul whoever he usually calls. He says, I need to add an operator on my policy.
Speaker 2: Like like, like, who do you call to change things on your policy? Who do you call? Do you have an agent?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 9: Now trying?
Speaker 14: I call Safe and it connected me to the same lady that she I guess she's the only one that works here. She goes, I talked to you earlier, sir, and you want to record a line I answer your question before.
Speaker 3: This is so ridiculous.
Speaker 21: Come on, Brian, he's to change insurance, give me a call. Let's just get you somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, do you realize it doesn't cost you anything to change insurance, Dave, you might be able to get a better rate.
Speaker 3: Now you did add that one. Not at fault accident, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I call Progressive and they changed it. You sent me a letter and it said the end of the stake cold, you're not at fault.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, who are you insured by safe COO or Progressive?
Speaker 14: I was Progressive and I got in an accident in October at twenty two, but.
Speaker 3: It was a not at fault accident, right.
Speaker 21: Yes, rights, it provided a letter that said it was not at fault.
Speaker 2: That's common. And then you switched. You switched to safe Coe is that right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 14: Reading I did that because Progressive that lady only had twenty five grand. I went after my insurance, com Me Propresso, and they paid out like one hundred grand. I didn't think they're too happy.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you use Brian, if you use your under insured motorist coverage, are you dinged for that?
Speaker 21: It's a not at fault just like he said, it's a not at fault act and you're still looked at. They still see it, but it's it's not a chargeable.
Speaker 2: So, Dave, so you're right now with Safeco you ought to switch. Let Brian find you a carrier. I'll bet you you'll save money and you'll get this taken care of with your mom.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, I'm driving right now a company truck. Can I just give him my number? Or off the air?
Speaker 2: Yeah, off the air, you can off the air and they'll call you. But it's going to be easy for you to remember too. It's three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. But hold on, Kitchina, get Dave's number and give it to Brian. Brian, really, I think you ought to take care of me's being jerked around. I just can't see that, all right, Thank you, thank you. That's Brian Burns's Compass Insurance Group. We love those guys and there's a reason. Yep, Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three talk. Genesis Total Exteriors does.
Speaker 3: More old mitigation.
Speaker 2: They do detection and they don't exaggerate and scare the hell out of you. That's Genesis tootalexteriors dot com. Yes, they do mold exposure in mitigation or detection inside your house, of course, Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three or three seven one three eight two five five, Carol, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: You you've been working with Deputy Bo?
Speaker 2: Carol.
Speaker 10: Yes, Bo told me to call back because he found out some information.
Speaker 3: Now, which one was this? What when did you call? Boka?
Speaker 22: He called in Monday, September twenty third, I believe, and it was regarding she purchased a wooden structure cabin and she contracted.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that was crazy.
Speaker 16: And she paid quite a bit of money up front.
Speaker 22: Guys.
Speaker 2: It was to be custom built on your lot with Patriot Building justin Garcia. He paid him sixty two grand to build, right, didn't you already pay him?
Speaker 20: She already?
Speaker 9: It was a down tam and he promised me to have it up in three weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, and what happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: Did you get a hold?
Speaker 22: Yes? I called him four times this guy is a total scumbag.
Speaker 2: I am beyond what's he Well, let's get him arrested.
Speaker 22: If he took sixty two, I mean, this isn't like three thousand or eight thousand.
Speaker 2: This is a violation too. What did he say? Did he say he is going to keep the money?
Speaker 22: When I was doing that thing the other day, he's I told him, you're in violation of the Contractor Trust Act And he says, well, yes, I know the regulation. I have materials And I said, how could you have material costs?
Speaker 2: Pay?
Speaker 22: You bought the cab, the lady bought the cabin. And he says, well, if you keep talking like this or bring me up on the air, I'm going I'm going to have my lawyer soon. When I said we want, I said, I want to talk to your lawyer. I said, you need to give this lady her sixty two thousand dollars back. And then I asked, do you actually have a brick and mortar store brick and mortar or are you working out of your house?
Speaker 16: Then he hung up on me.
Speaker 22: Then I called back, left a couple of messages. So Carol, I wanted to tell you this. You don't want this guy doing your job, and he's using an excuse why he won't do your job because you don't have their proper drawings or whatever. But I called this city of El Paso County. This justin Garcia doesn't even have a license to do any.
Speaker 16: Construction work at all.
Speaker 22: He doesn't have a license a building or a contractor's license.
Speaker 2: And where did you where did you check? What?
Speaker 22: Municipality El Paso County, Carora Springs Building Department.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 22: And then on the contract he has a license number on the I haven't been able to read the contract. Carrol's going snailing mailing it to me, but the license number on the contract is bogus. Oh, I mean, this is sixty two thousand dollars. I think we need to get the callers to call his number, even to protest.
Speaker 3: What's his h what's his number?
Speaker 22: His phone number is seven one nine five seven one.
Speaker 3: Hold on seven nine.
Speaker 2: I had about this five seven to one oh four three seven.
Speaker 3: No, we should definitely call him, so I asked.
Speaker 22: I left him my message because he kept threatening a lawyer. I mean, I said, just bring your lawyer. Have your lawyer call the radio show so we can get your side of this. Story and he said he's way too busy to talk to me.
Speaker 2: Okayes Bs, this is a scumbag, justin Garcia, Patriot Builders a scum bag, just a mofo scumbag?
Speaker 3: Can I say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Both?
Speaker 22: Did he say that he bought the materials? He says he had material costs into the job. And he says, if I would read the contract, you could clearly see if you would, if I could read that he's entitled to keep the money because she didn't start the job in a certain amount of time. Well, that's the biggest ustion to be as I ever heard. He's sixty two thousand dollars of this lady's money for months and she's living with us.
Speaker 2: No, no, we can't let this happen. We need to call BO. Would you call the district attorney in al Paso County and school them on the Contractor's Trust Act and tell them we have a victim here and this guy did not put the money in trust as required and has violated everything and doesn't even have a license. Please do that follow up? Okay, I am, I'm going to give the actual district attorney. We got to call them in El Paso County.
Speaker 22: It's the fourth judicial district. I've already left a message for them Tom, and I'm going to get Carroll to call them too.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Carol. We got to get this guy arrested. Justin Garcia. Scumbag extraordinary, a piece of garbage. People do not let this go. Seven nine five seven one zero four three seven. He takes sixty two thousand dollars, He's not licensed, and he will do nothing. Seven one nine five seven one zero four three seven. That's seven one nine five seven one zero four three seven. Patriot Building justin Garcia, justin scumbag waste of skin, Garcia, Patriot Building. Seven one nine five seven one zero four three seven. For forty five years, I've been calling fire down on these scumbag pieces of garbage, and it's about time we stop this crap. You think what makes this man think he can rob this woman of sixty two thousand dollars and get away with it.
Speaker 22: And I want to get his address who we can go protest or go to his hut.
Speaker 2: He sucks this man and he says his attorney's gonna call you have your attorney call me, because I would love to talk to any attorney that would represent you probably get another scumbag, snake skinned piece of garbage give me and I don't.
Speaker 3: Mean to insult snakes by the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's justin Garcia, Patriot Building. Call me back or text me. Let me know what he says. Does he answer his phone? Seven to one nine five seven one zero four three seven? Be nice, but let him know that you know he's a crook. You know he's a criminal. What go ahead?
Speaker 3: What did you want to say?
Speaker 2: And that's all my opinion based on everything we're hearing. And Bo even called the guy so bo.
Speaker 22: Does he answer the phone after the second call? He blocked me when I pay.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not talking about you, but how about other people? He can't block everyone?
Speaker 22: He will, he will answer the phone. He's very nice. High I'm I'm just in the contractor. Can I come rip you off for twenty thirty grand? It just pisses me off. Oh my god, I'm gonna go down there this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but be careful. He might be dangerous. I want him to call in and tell me where he lives. It go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter, Maya. I know I'm not going to start this now.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna start some crap. Just let me go on to these man.
Speaker 2: I am so sick and tired of lying, cheating, scumbag ripoffs. Justin Garcia people call him, let me know if you did. Okay, Justin's voicemail uses a different name. What does that mean?
Speaker 11: Dollar?
Speaker 3: What does that mean? What does that mean to his voicemail uses a different name.
Speaker 10: We actually had a couple of callers that called in that left him messages because it's going straight to voicemail.
Speaker 2: Okay, but his dollar? What does dollar mean that his voicemail uses a different name.
Speaker 10: I have no idea. Maybe he's missed dialing because the people that I've spoken with have basically said that he has a voicemail that indicates his name.
Speaker 2: Can okay, hold on, I don't understand this at all. I'm going to do the phone call right now and it don't worry. I'm not putting it on. I'm just going to listen. I want to listen to what name he says?
Speaker 16: FI zero four tell him while you're doing that.
Speaker 17: I just check the Secretary of State and he does have a business address and a personal address.
Speaker 16: So well, I gave that the boat.
Speaker 2: I want to give that out on the air.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, but I'm saying I gave it to bad I'm calling.
Speaker 2: Right now, hold on one to say I want to hear what he says. I want to hear what he says. Come on, man answered, How long does it take to answer? Oh, Innate Architecture or something or other. It is justin Garcia, but he has another company. It's called Innate Innate Architecture or something. But he changes he changes his name. He changes his name like like socks unless your deputy doc and and yeah he changes them quite often. Uh so what can you call that number? Dimitrian write it down that what that new name is. Uh, he's going by Innate. Did you hear that, Beau when you call? Or is it you don't even give it?
Speaker 22: But the paperwork's under Patriot Building LLC. And that's what Doc found on the Secretary of State with his actual building or home address.
Speaker 2: Well, trust me, Patriot Remodeling Services LLC is one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got a number of them. He's got pay his businesses. So right now I'm making a list of his businesses, and what I have is Patriot Remodeling Services, LLC.
Speaker 3: And then we have you have the what's the other one?
Speaker 16: Did you say innate?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 2: No, what did you have?
Speaker 22: You said, I had Patriot Patriot Remodeling LLC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And now you said another one. You said the business is under something else. You just said it, you said Patriots something.
Speaker 16: Building under Secretary of State.
Speaker 2: What is it called Patriot Building? I don't know. They just said it five seconds ago, and they can't tell me. What is he saying on his voicemail something else? Innate, Innate, architecture engineering.
Speaker 22: Innate, Innate, Innate, that was on the phone, but on the Secretary of State it's Patriot Remodeling LLC.
Speaker 3: Patriot Remodeling LLC. Okay, and that's what he.
Speaker 22: That contract to use with Carol. They extract a sixty two thousand dollars and he's not doing a damn thing.
Speaker 3: And then the other one is Innate whatever that you know what?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is, Tom Innate, but.
Speaker 22: This is definitely his number, because I've talked to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an Innate obviously is he probably changed his name every time he gets sued and gets a judgment, so he has to read. We'll get that other name. Let me go to the phones, though, Jessica, what's going on? Jessica left? Okay, Well, what did you find on that?
Speaker 3: You catch the name?
Speaker 2: Yes, the Innate.
Speaker 4: It's called so it's identified as Innate Architecture, engineering architecture or architectural architecture okay.
Speaker 3: And what else.
Speaker 4: Engineering and construction and construction.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yet another name, folks. And that's what Dollar meant when he said a different name. This guy is bad, newspeople. Just fill it up. And now his email we have for you to send emails to him. It is Patriot Remodeling Services LC at gmail dot com. Tell them what you think if I'm taking sixty two thousand dollars from a woman and doing no work. Patriot Remodeling Services LLC at gmail dot com. Now, let me explain something to his attorney, who will no doubt be reviewing this. If he can scrape together the money, well, he has sixty grand her money. So here's what I'm going to say to mister attorney. I know, I know, I know you're going to try to come after me and and blah blah blah blah blah. I've eaten you up and spit you out several times before. Now here's why I don't lie. We take in information, We call people to allow them to come on the air.
Speaker 3: We give our opinions. Here's my opinion.
Speaker 2: If you take sixty two grand up front and do no work, you're a crook my opinion. According to the Contractors Trust Act, that money's supposed to be put in trust for that job.
Speaker 3: Did he do that? Doubt it?
Speaker 2: And also she bought the materials herself, and he claimed to have materials.
Speaker 3: Expense.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal.
Speaker 3: I doubt he's followed.
Speaker 2: The Contractor's Trust Act. In fact, we can't find much licensing on him. And we found a number of different business names. So if you want to represent him, that's fine, okay, because I would love to go into the discovery and get into his bank accounts and how many times he's taken money down, and how many times he's opened up trust accounts, and how many times this has happened.
Speaker 3: So, mister attorney, bring.
Speaker 2: It three oho three, seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. It's interesting to note I have never once lost a case, not once. We fight for you people, because people like this should not be allowed to exist.
Speaker 3: I've been yelling that song for more than forty five years.
Speaker 2: I say forty five years. That's Denver. I was in business for about five or six years before Denver, rapidly moving until I ended up here and then I didn't move anymore. If you want to know my life story, it is coming to a theater near you, probably on Netflix as well.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding a.
Speaker 16: Lot of people don't like horror movies.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 2: Oh Man anyway, So anyway, here's the deal. If you have a problem, question or complain, give us a call and we'll go after them. Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show, and I like to say this. We will do what it takes. We'll do what it takes to make you hole. Now, renew Home Innovations does beautiful shower conversions. Now they're customed to your movement. You tell them what you want, where you want it. Perimeter drains, benches, grab bars, soap dishes. Also, no doors if you don't want them, they'll go around a corner where the water doesn't escape.
Speaker 3: No doors, no thresholds to stumble over. They do it in two or three days.
Speaker 2: And guess what seventy two months to pay no interest threeh three nine zero four two thousand. Renew home Innovations dot com. Hi, Tom Martinez. I want to thank all of my listeners who are texting me his picture, his email, his website. Deputy d also got a lot of information for Bo. We're gonna like kick some ass here. God, I'm so happy when we all get together and.
Speaker 3: Go after bad guys.
Speaker 2: It's really rewarding. So Bo, we're gonna consolidate everything. I'm gonna get them up on the sleeze brigade for sure. But man, what a day, What a day. I want to remind people also that we've had a number of different sleeze buckets that we talked to today, that other one who sold the boat to that guy mcintree.
Speaker 3: Is it from what are the.
Speaker 10: And yes, Adam, yes, Adam.
Speaker 2: So mckintree sells a boat and then says, you know, when we got him on the air, Oh yeah, we're gonna we're gonna just call it good. Or the wife said, we're going to call it good and we're going to let him have the title and he doesn't have to pay the balance too, because the boat was not as represented according to the buyer. Unfortunately, he did buy it as is. They did promise to just walk away from it, but now they say, no, we're going to see how this goes in small claims court. They're just being jerks. They're just being jerks, and so you know, here's the deal. He actually even threw his wife under the bus and she didn't have all theorization. So we have so many cases that we handle on the on the air, and don't forget like just just some of these the things we find out, like the Ticketmaster thing, we talked about this breach five million accounts or how many accounts, it's like five million accounts were breached and people are transferring tickets out of your name into someone else's name. If you got a good concert, you got to watch out for that. I would suggest you change your account right now, your password and all of that. So thanks for being here. As always, don't forget. You can call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven and we help you. Three oh three