Speaker 1: This is Pod Popular Podcast for the People, The.
Speaker 2: Great Love Debate.
Speaker 1: It's the Great Love Debate, the.
Speaker 2: Great Love Debate.
Speaker 1: It's a great loved Hi again, everyone's Brian Howie. Welcome to The Great Love Debate, the world's number one dating and relationship podcast since twenty fifteen. I am back here in the very very fine studios of Pod Popular Podcast for the People. I'm at the one in Boca Raton, Florida. Very nice here this time of year. If you got some miles saved up, go to Boca Raton, Florida. Anyway. I I remember about eight years ago. I don't remember the circumstance. Maybe I got a resume or something and the name on the resume was like Amber or Brittany or something like that, and I just assumed that person was good looking because of the name, which is insane. You know, no offense any names out there. I just assumed, And there's no way that should correlate at all, that like no offense to a Martha or something like that, but that there was a name on it, and you just assume certain names go with attractive people. I don't know why that is. There's also a thing that I was thinking about that certain occupations are more attractive, and I don't think it has anything to do with money. And I'll get into the ones that I think from male perspectives like, oh wow, she must be hot because of that. And I've always been fascinated by the jobs that women are attracted to. So I'm bringing in a pro who has so many insight and all that. She has been on this podcast before. She's doing a lot of good work for what we eat and how we eat it. She's known as the farm Babe far and wide Michelle Miller. How are you, hey, good?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: That's a thing right, Women are like, I wanna fireman, I want a cowboy, I want a farmer. I want a baseball player. I know a girl who married a baseball player because she thought he's gonna go pro. He doesn't go pro. He teaches high school baseball and coaches high school baseball. He teaches Jim. She's just like, I don't know, I always want to marry a baseball player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the chances of them making it are so slim.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's why I think I don't think it's about the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not necessarily, but there's definitely some sexiness to something like that. Okay, On the topic of names, numbers are usually really pretty, but what guys, Hi, Guys named Luke are really hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Luke's are hot.
Speaker 1: I would think a Dylan is better looking than a Bob or Brian, you know, I think so. Like, I think that's so bizarre because you're just deeming. And most of the time the parents have chosen the child's name before they even born, not like they looked at him like, oh I got a hot daughter. She's Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Every Amber and Luke listening right now is so stuffy they are.
Speaker 1: I know. I think if you have a op opera name, you're just better look at in walks. McKay, that's a good looking guy's name, right, Yep. If your name McKay, I think you're better looking than if you're just Joe. Yeah. Probably no offense to Joe. That's how screwed up we are. That's how we project hunting. I wish I was named McKay. Yeah, anyway, McKay. On the controls back there do fire fireman farmers. There was a show about farmers dating recently, right, I can talk all about it all right, we'll get into that in a second. Was that show called Farmer Wants a Wife? Farmer Wants a Wife and then one of the bachelor's souls was a farmer. Like, there's a thing. Do farmers make good money?
Speaker 2: They can, but generally speaking, not too much. I think. You know, you can look at it and say, oh, that farmer made a million dollars last year, but they don't tell you that the input costs were like one point one million.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, right, And you know that subsidies and dinner. But supposely if you have land, you have a farm, you have property, you have animals, something that is attractive. I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like asset rich and cash poor is generally how you can put it. You know, like if they sold out, they'd probably you know, make millions of dollars, but it's all tied up in the farm and they're implements their tractors and stuff. And there's a lot of myths around the subsidy thing too, Like I think a lot of people think that they get all these crazy subsidies, but that's really not true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that if if there's a bad rainy season, or there's a drought, they just get a check anyway from the government. Is that not srue?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily, No, it's it kind of varies by region, but generally speaking, it's like a cost share program for like their crop insurance, so like they have to carry these massive crop insurance policies if their crop is damaged, but that's really expensive, and then the government might say, well, like we'll pay for part of that, or they might do like if they're doing a conservation program, they might say, well, it's twenty five dollars an acre to do cover crops, but we're going to give you fifteen of that just because it's good for the environment and the planet and stuff. So they're trying to like encourage more environmentalism.
Speaker 1: See Great Love listeners. You come here for the love and we give you farm subsidy information. You never know what you're gonna get here. You're a female. Is it something about women? On one hand, have you know, preferences on whether they did a white collar guy or blue collar guy or whatever, But almost overwhelmingly they are attracted physically, sexually or whatever to the blue collar guy, to the guy who can get a little dirty, the guy who can work with a tool set, the guy who's not me, the guy, that guy who can fix shit. Is that something that goes back to he can take care of not just me, but whatever I need? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely. I think it's so sexy. And I think to it depends upon how you're raised. Maybe, you know, like, I don't know if this is true. What are your thoughts on women are attracted to men like their fathers. Do you think there's truth to that, because that's something people say.
Speaker 1: I don't know. My dad was an interesting dude. So he was an engineer background worked at IBM, which is the traditional dark suit, white shirt, buttoned up as you know, Fortune five hundred company or whatever. But he could also build and fix anything.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I got neither of those skills from him or whatever. But I always have been like, wow, I don't I was always like, where did he learn that? How did he learn that?
Speaker 2: Under that?
Speaker 1: Why is there something that he knows how to do with tools? He didn't go to, you know, And it's just the way his brain worked that I think he had to like doing it and doing it. I think that probably is an attractive attribute that somebody. You know, there's something I'm pretty good at figuring shit out, but I'm not pretty good at, you know, waxing a boat, you know, Right, But there's something be said, like you see a man who has a a very defined occupation and a very unique skill set and is something like I am going to physically work hard. I think that's a good thing. If you have a job where you have to get up at early, I think that's attractive and a human being because the laziness isn't gonna kick in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. And you know, I think about like the way I was raised, Right, if you think about women are attracted to men like their fathers, Like my dad is pretty cool. Like my dad can do anything, Like he's really hard work or he's retired. He can't sit still. The guy's like seventy years old and he just rode his bike for seventeen miles, you know what I mean. Like he's just he's a beast, like in the best way possible. And I'm like, I need to find a guy that's cool like my dad, that's like funny and works hard and it's smart and like takes care of me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So is that what's about it's about the getting up in the working hard is ambition? Is ambition the word sexy? Yeah, yeah, I think it is too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, you know, two of my exes are farmers, right and yeah, and I'm talking to another farmer now, Apparently I have a type. And they're all corn and soybean guys, by the way, Like, what the heck?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you have a specific type within a type. I mean, not that I'm trying to be you're like cattle person.
Speaker 2: Well no, I mean they've raised cattle too, so yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: They're very talented farmers. Gorn zybe get the milk out of the cow has some attractiveness beef cattle.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of dairy cows are milked by robots nowadays.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they are. They are. So a guy who deals a cattle guy is both a farmer and a cowboy.
Speaker 2: So no, not necessarily, that's just so like a rancher would be like somebody that has thousands of acres where they're more pasturrais like a cow calf like where they're but beef cattle farmers are more like feed lots where you're finishing them out for Marketwaight, and then you also have cowboys, which are the guys that check on the cows. So you have a ranch, the cowboys, the guy on the horse.
Speaker 1: A farmer's not a rancher, but a rancher is kind of a farmer. They're both working land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's definitely some differences, but it's yeah six and one half time.
Speaker 1: So if you see a guy in a sports car or you see a guy on a two hundred thousand dollars tractor, you're turned on by the tractor.
Speaker 2: The sports car is fine too, you know, I don't know. I guess I.
Speaker 1: Guess what I'm getting at is, I don't think it's about the money. I think it's about the what we said, the ambition. It's about working hard. I think that is a attribute that is positive in anything because it means I can count on this person to be motivated by themselves. They are motivated to get up in the morning, get a job done, do that. I always like that, always, I always. You know, there's a lot of guys who are very lazy and sort of fall ass backwards into a lot of money, especially in you know, I was in Hollywood a long long time. There's a lot of people who are morons and they fail upward and they get money. And if I'm a woman, I almost said girl, and everybody gets mad when I say girl. A girl, you're initially attracted to maybe the flash of it, or the cash of it, or the watch or the car or the house. But is there a core There is there a core work ethic that's going to been like when we are married and we have three kids and we're struggling here, that you're going to figure out a way to get it done. Yeah, And I'm not sure Hollywood agent's doing that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think the other thing too about farming and agriculture is that they're very family oriented people, which is also very sexy, you know what I mean. So it's like they there's not a lot of good looking single farmers out there because they all get married when they're twenty and they have like one hundred kids, you know, So.
Speaker 1: There's there's oh they're not single, but they're good looking but married.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's a lot of good looking, like married farmers out there for sure. Yeah. Like I go on farm tours all the time, and I'm like, oh, that's so much. It's so easy to listen to him talk because we're also so easy on the eyes, but just nice guys.
Speaker 1: So I drive when I drive through America and I see these farms, I'm like, where do these kids go to school? Where? Cause you seem like you're very isolated where you go to You're not going to Trader Joe's. I don't know where you're going to the store. Like where you're going, you're fairly isolated. So the family unit probably matters. The people that you interact with are the people you're working with on your farm and the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where I was farming, I used to farm in northeast Iowa, and there's so many small towns that the name of the high school was called MFL Marmack, which was Minona, Farmersburg, Gluayna, Marquette.
Speaker 1: And McGregor everybody combine.
Speaker 2: It's literally like five little farm towns. And yeah, shout out to anybody from and.
Speaker 1: If you have a farm and it's been, it's been you know in your family for generations. You're not just moving, you're not just packing enough. And like, you know, I think I'd like to live in Hartford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's stability.
Speaker 1: There is stability and you're like, this is what I'm going to do. It's my job to raise the family. I could see how that can be attractive. Yeah, the problem is the numbers. You're not. There's not a nightclub full of like fifty farmers, right.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Or if you do see a bunch of farmers, they probably worked their ass off all day and they're drinking nine beers at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: There is some truth to that too.
Speaker 1: Well that it was funny.
Speaker 2: You know my ex Doug that I was with for like seven or eight years, we were farmers together and that's when I started my farm Babe social media platform. And yeah, I mean he met me in Florida right, like I was his bartender. He was on vacation. It's like, yeah, how do you meet women? You meet?
Speaker 1: Right? How do you mean you know? You know you're fairly I say, it's like guys who work on a on a ship. We're in Florida right now. If you look out on the coast here, there's these big freighters. How many people are on those? And how long are they on those?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are they just sitting out there for months? Is it eight dudes? Is it fifties at one? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then they come back to the land and they just spend stupid money at the bars.
Speaker 1: Now do farmers have a lot of time off?
Speaker 2: It depends what they farm and when. If you are not a livestock person, then yeah, you can get away like in the winter, you know. But uh, it depends climate matters, what they're what they're doing matters. I remember so my ex and I Doug he uh, he actually got rid of his livestock. This is the first year that he hasn't had livestock, which is so weird. He and I are still friends, and I was in Iowan a business trip, like I don't know, a month or so ago, and I popped in and it was so weird to see no animals. But He's like, yeah, but I have a little bit more time. I'm getting close to retirement. Like I'm like, so you can do whatever you want now in the winter. But you know, when he when we had livestock though, it was like also we were raising lambs and calves, and there is nothing sexier than like this big, rugged, strong, calloused hand farm boy, like handling.
Speaker 1: Water delicate calves.
Speaker 2: No, not flaughtering, just like like nursing or helping them like when a when a newborn, when a newborn lamb is like struggling and is sick, and he's like out there at two in the morning with like bottle feeding this lamb that's struggling. You know, it's really sweet. Like we had we would bring lambs into the house like by the fireplace to warm them up or like take care of them. And you know what I mean. It's like there's a lot of there's a lot of sensitive things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Viticulture, Yeah, somebody who owns a winery or they a farmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a grape grower. Yeah, they would call him growers.
Speaker 1: Now, somebody brought this up to me on a podcast I guessed on They said that they like men in those occupations. I think they were a bourbon maker because they have to have incredible patience for payoff. A bourbon guy might have to wait years to see if the fruits of their labor turned in anything. Same with the winemaker, same with a farmer. That you are not getting immediate result of your labor and patience is a very good quality to have in a relationship, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it depends again, it depends what you're growing when where you know where you're selling it to, you know, I know, I was just out at a vineyard in Washington and they were selling something. They were making their owns. They were able to process it right away. But then they also sell direct, so they would sell off to the distributors, which would then go off to like you know, like a cupcake wine or you know, something like that.
Speaker 1: So all right, I got to take a quick break so we can pay for wine and things around here. I am here with the farm babe Mi Selle Miller. We were talking about what people do and why we like it, and I've got a little interesting point to make when we come back after the break, right after this and we are back, So if somebody farmers are also there's science involved. They're very educating. You know, there's a lot of education that goes on. You learn a lot growing up in it, but you there is a lot to go you're a meteorology, there is all kinds of things in there, and you have to balance it with instinct and you have to balance it. So you know, we're talking about farm because that's your specialty. But there's something attractive about somebody who has mastered a craft, no matter what that is. Yeah. The old film critic Roger Ebert once said that one of the most interesting things in a movie that's underrated is to watch something do a job. Somebody do a job that you're really not familiar with, like a safe cracker, like a glass blower, somebody who's like, I don't know how how they do that. I never seen them do it. And it's you know, they spend six minutes in a movie showing that, and we're all fascinated.
Speaker 2: By stuff like that, right, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: If somebody went and spent a day at a farm, they would have no idea how this happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so cool.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I love what I do. I get to share their stories and create the content around where our food comes from.
Speaker 1: Now one issue I have where our food comes from? And again this is related to dating here. I go to a farmer's market or a street fair anywhere in the world, and it is cheap. Farmers market in America is the most expensive place to buy food.
Speaker 2: Why is that There's usually a lot more costs involved in like the processing and the shipping and the packaging, and then there's all.
Speaker 1: Something so there is when you send it to the store, though, So why is a farmer's like the farmers market is because Americans are fooled into thinking fresh means more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's some truth to that too, but you know, it's like they also have to hold licenses and certifications, and then you have to pay your market fees and there's a lot more money, and then with your sales and marketing, your social media, your time, you know, but your one business running all of that. Whereas if you're mass producing it and you're selling it to just a wholesaler, it's like a one stop and they're buying everything for like cheap, and that's how they're able to mass feed the world.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason why I'm a fan of a farmer's market is not just because I'm fat and I like free samples. I think it's a good date thing.
Speaker 2: It is such a great date thing.
Speaker 1: It's such an underrated date thing. People love farmers markets, yeah, because not only do you see things you're familiar with. It's like, oh, fried donuts, but you're like, what is that? And the people who work the farmer's markets are really both passionate and knowledgeable about things. You can learn things at a farmer market. You can try things at a farmer's market. You can learn what kind of stimuli turns on your partner or date at a farmer's market. It's a really good thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, you know, I'm from Wisconsin, so just take me to a cheese stand and I'm set.
Speaker 1: That's true. Hotter than a girl at a cheese stand. Yes, I agree. Sampling and you know, be a little more generous with the toothpick farmers market people. I feel like they've cut back on the samples and a lot of things inflation. Yeah, like don't touch that. I'm like, can I try this? No? No, But it's a good date spot all right. Back to the Farmer show that was on TV. Who were the women that were supposed to be on the show? Women who always dreamed of being a farmer or they were it was farmer first, like farmer, find me a wife, and then these women had no knowledge of farm life.
Speaker 2: Most of them had no knowledge of farm life. And actually they interviewed me to be one of the daters on that show. Oh really Yeah, Actually the producers reached out to me and they were like, hey, we're looking we're casting this new show and we're looking to cast tall good looking single farm boys do you know of any, to which I responded, yes, I know all five of them. Like is it that bad? I'm like, yeah, that's pretty bad. I'm like, they're farmers, they get married when they're twenty, they have one hundred kids, and like that's it. There's like no good looking, tall single farmers. And they were like, well, well, if you refer one to us and they get cast, will pay you a referral feed. They they're like, we see you have a really big following with farmers, and like like yeah, you know. So I posted on my social media and I did throw maybe about twenty thirty guys up the ladder to the producers, well there you go, and uh and then I pocketed one for myself, who turned out to be a total douchebag, but that's another story. So so then all these guys, none of them made it. But I watched the show, and personally I didn't really find the guys attractive, like the farmers, Like they weren't really my type, you know, Like I like more of like the tall pretty boy kind of thing, you know. But anyway, they they interviewed me to be one of the daters and I don't know.
Speaker 1: My farmers are pretty boys, well, like you know, the tall, broad shoulder Midwest, like you know, like, okay, I got yeah, a couple of my axes.
Speaker 2: They're pretty hot, you know, the good the channing Chris Soles is really hot. Yeah, he lived like a half hour away from me. Okay, yeah, I met him a few times actually. But so anyway, what was I saying? So the daters and I was like, I'm freaking perfect for the show, Like, but no, they didn't pick me because they picked the Yes.
Speaker 1: There was a show on uh a while ago on TBS, and I know because my friend Marissa was on the show called was It Outback Jack? Where it was like The Bachelor but for some rugged, ausy guy who like killed snakes with his bare hands. And I'm like, are the girls just signing up to be on a reality show or is there some fetish that like I want that level of ruggness. Probably a bit of both. Yeah, And that's why like the farmer thing there is, I mean, is far what's the what's the dating site? Is it a real thing? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like farmers only dot com?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, I've got a funny story about that.
Speaker 1: Too, So farmers only dot Com. That's women who really don't know anything about farm life and they're like, I am I have this fantasy. Or it's people who understand the value and the attributes of the farmer, which we talked about earlier, or is it probably been of both.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little bit of both. And I think there's some women out there, myself included, who genuinely would love to meet and marry a farmer, Like I'm still on that mission for my future husband.
Speaker 1: Right, what is the life of a farm wife? Oh man? Well for me, you gather the eggs.
Speaker 2: Me maybe, okay. I mean when I dated the farmers, you know, we were very much a good team. You know, like I'm kind of a night owl, so I would check the calves and the lambs into you know, midnight too in the morning, and then he would pick up the five am shift, and so we're kind of just teams. We farmed together, and then I did farmers' markets and sold beef and lamb direct.
Speaker 1: So I think if you're working with the farmer together together, I see that. But if you're just a farmer's wife and he's doing the farmer. I think that's incredibly boring.
Speaker 2: Well, most of the time they're moms, so like they're the farmers wives because they're taking care of kids because there's a lot a lot of it's very family oriented. So yeah, like stay at home moms that take care and raise the kids around the family. Maybe they're homeschooling their kids. Homeschools common in small.
Speaker 1: Towns because the farm the schools too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, or like they raise the kids on the farm, you know, so they're homeschooled because they're ranchers also, or they're you know, harvesters or whatever.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so the farm, that's that's what you want, the farm wife fantasy with the kids, or you just want to watch your man rise to the rooster and have at it at five a sounds.
Speaker 2: Good, No, I mean, I just love agriculture. It's just my passion. So for me, I want to marry a farmer because I love the farm life and that's what I do and that's who I am. And like I love animals, I love plants, I love everything about farming is just who I am and it's such my passion.
Speaker 1: You love animals, but the purpose of the animals as you meat. It's a circle of life, I suppose fitest or whatever.
Speaker 2: People used to ask me that at farmer's markets are like, how can you Well, first of all, I think people think when you eat lamb, they think it's like this adorable little snugly thing. But lambs are actually about a year old. They look like a grown sheep, and so they're not. We're not like people think, you're just liketering these little snugly it's not. It's not a Disney movie, you know what I mean. But like they're they're big. But you know, I love cats and dogs just like I love cattle and sheep, and like they all die, right, so we love the animals, but eventually everything dies, and then some die and they just come with us.
Speaker 1: These people, people who are in that business, even people who are in horse world, horse racing, they learn very on. These are not pets, right, yeah, And you know we're only sixty seventy years into dogs being allowed in the house in they were working animals for most of civilization. Only sort of during after World War Two did people like have dogs as like their real pet and sleep in the bed. North These were outside animals. These were these are purpose working breeds. That's what they have. So you can like animals, and you can I like animals because they taste fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too. Yeah absolutely, but you bet your ass. I'm gonna respect the shit out of them when I'm taking care of them.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite animal? The cow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, yeah, And we owe them all the respect in the world for And it's not just meat, you know, we get cosmetics, lotion, soaps like hey sun, let's toss around the old pig skin, you know, like footballs. I mean, it's like we it's all animal agriculture.
Speaker 1: It is. And I think the animal would be happy that I enjoyed them so much.
Speaker 2: Exactly all the way to the leather in your car.
Speaker 1: So you could not date? Are there any this is probably really oxy Warren. Have you ever met a vegan farmer?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Could you date a vegan farmer?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure there are other people just lifestyles or are there people that who do it that are like I know how the sausage gets made, No pun, I'm not eating what I cook. I mean there probably is something like that, like I know what the chicken taste, you know, I see it all. Yeah, I do see the slaughter of it, and so I'm like a mouse seeing it all.
Speaker 2: But you know, a lot of the negativity around, like slaughter videos and stuff are is usually kind of like vegan propaganda type stuff or like it's out outdated, or it's from another country, or like they paint it to they make it look way worse than it is. When you actually tour slaughterhouses, which I have. I've been to some of the largest, some of the smallest, you name it. I know the process forwards and backwards, and it is extremely humane. Like if there's one thing I wish more people understood, it's like and it's common sense. Like from a business perspective, you want to take care of that animal. You want it to go through a very low stress environment because it makes the best meat. Like you want to make a good product, Like a guy who builds a table isn't going to scratch up his table and make it, you know, like and then try to sell it. So you want that low stress, that good genetics that like treated very well, managed very well, because ultimately you can get more money for your stake. Right, So it's it's all common sense as a business to do the best we can, and it's it's a pretty human process.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what is your other than the knowledge of it? So the knowledge of you know, a lot of people wanted to date what they know. A lot of people are like, I work in finance. I want to have a to finance. Do you feel when you are dating these farmer farmer dudes I believe is the correct term. Do you feel that you're either have to prove or getting challenged on your farm cred a? No?
Speaker 2: No, not not as the farm babe. No, because they're was like, oh my god, it's the farm baby.
Speaker 1: They know you know your shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been doing this almost a decade now, So like.
Speaker 1: Does that matter to them though? Or they're just like like if you sit down, if you're on a date with a farmer and you're the farm babe, are you talking about farm stuff? You talked about real housewives.
Speaker 2: Stuff mostly farm stuff, and it sounds kind of funny, but like.
Speaker 1: I think it's how hot is that? Do you? I mean?
Speaker 2: I love it. I could talk farming all day. It's my passion. I feel like sometimes though, guys get a little bit intimidated by that though. Right, Like, I was randomly out at this bar and this guy was talking to me, and I said, oh, what do you do for a living? Kind of stuff? And he told me that he was a farmer, and I was like, oh, like, I'm in social media, I'm an advocate for farmers. He says, oh okay, And then I told him my platform and he had never heard of me before. Well, then that night he went home and googled me. And then the next time I talked to him, you know, he texted me, Oh, my god, you're a really big deal. Holy shit. And he was all like nervous. And we went on our first date and he was like asking me all these questions. He's like like he was like star struck a little bit. You know.
Speaker 1: Is it tough to balance, though, your your credibility as an advocate for the industry with your very open about your farmer fetish farmer fetish.
Speaker 2: I don't need to date a farmer, I prefer but I don't need to shoot my last one.
Speaker 1: So it's sort of like, you know, somebody who's a woman sports reporter. She's told not to date the athletes, but a lot of them end up doing it because they got attracted to sports because they got attracted to.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, my ex, my most recent ex was a was a professional golfer, and so that was fun because but then the more I thought about it, I was like, wait a minute, that's agriculture, like golfish grass. I'm speaking at the turf Grass Association in January, so you know.
Speaker 1: A greenskeeper is theoretically a farmer.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's all agriculture. And so now I'm like, you know, looking deeper into like can I get more into the sports industry, Like can I like promote turf grass farming? That's neat?
Speaker 1: Does a fisherman have the same appeal as a farmer? Is it sort of the same right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe, but how.
Speaker 1: I don't know how good is the farm.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, like, I love the smell of dairies and beef, but I don't really like the smell of fish.
Speaker 1: So salmon, you're out.
Speaker 2: If it smells like trout, back out, Okay.
Speaker 1: So that's oh my god. Yeah, I think that's the thing. Like a lot of women like farmer, I don't hear too many who are like I want to date the commercial fishermen. I think that could be the smell unless you'd.
Speaker 2: Be gone all the time, and I feel like it would like I don't know, I just get visions of seasick and like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird that appeal.
Speaker 2: It's cool, but I don't know. I feel like I never see him. Like it's you know, with a farmer, I can be out there in the combine or tractor with them, you know, we can farm together. But with the fisherman, it's like, am I just going to be out on this fishing boat all day?
Speaker 1: So a date a farmer if he tells the girl like you want to go for riding my tractor, I'm in. But women, that's.
Speaker 2: All right, I love that I could do that all day. And you know what, nowadays these tractors and combines are so expensive. You know, nowadays, get a combine like half a million dollars, cotton pickers a million dollars. Ladies, got it's yourself.
Speaker 1: A co You don't need the badley. You need to go finding guys at the John Deere. Go to the john hang out the John Deere dealer and the ones who are dropping half a million dollars on some piece of equipment that's your boy.
Speaker 2: There was a great meme out there are a bunch of like stripper looking type chicks and these skimpy little dresses there Amber. They were all hanging off this combine and it was like they just found out this costs more than a BMW.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there's a farmer named Dirk. He's probably beefa right.
Speaker 2: But they're so expensive. But the good news is that with that expense comes really comfortable buddy seats along. I got a nice little air seat. You got heating and air conditioning, nice and cooling. You know it's it's it's we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna let you. We're gonna let you plug your farm Bay World in a second. But you have been on this podcast before. I believe that you did play worst date or first date with us, but that was a couple of years ago, and I'm sure you've had a lot of bad dates since then. No offense to anybody. If you've been dating, you've had some bad dates or good dates. So give me either your worst date or your best first date that you have either ever had or had since your last appearance. Oh, great love debate, I've got a good one, all right.
Speaker 2: So last time I did my best first. This time I'll do my most recent worst, which was this was literally the most recent date I went on. Was so, I went on two dates with this guy who was originally from Morocco. And the dates were good. He was nice, we had a great, great time, but it was he was two into me too fast. Like it was like two dates and he's like, oh baby, you know, texting me every morning, good morning. I can't wait to see you. I said, hey, I'm leaving and go on like this month long business trip. He's like, I will wait for you, baby. Like I was like, okay, this is a little suspect. Like he's like, you've known me for four hours, Like chill out, you know, Oh my god. I mean i'd want to marry me after four hours also, but just kidding. But anyway, so it just seemed like red flag all over it. So, you know, there's these social media groups out there right full of single women that like So I post about this guy on one of the groups and I was like, hey, I went on a couple of dates with this guy. Something seems off. These women came out of the woodwork. So come to find out, he gave me a fake name, a fake age. He told me that he had never been married. There is this one girl in the comment section who like she or she DMed me his marriage license. This other woman in the comment section was like, he's my ex, and this other girl was like, he's my ex. And they found out that he was cheating on both of them at the same time in the comments, and this other girl was like, I just broke up with him on Friday, and I was like, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 1: Were able to find it facebook dating.
Speaker 2: This was Facebook dating, which normally I feel like is one of the more safe options. But so I found all this out and then I guess and there was probably like a dozen women that were like run right, and so yeah, he gave me a name, and he gave me fake name, and he gave me like a fake Moroccan name, and I mean it was so bad. And so then I guess a couple of the girls went back and told him off and then he like blocked me. He must have figured out like that. I was the one that figured it out, and so yeah, I mean it was only two dates. I wasn't invested, right, Like, all I did was kiss the guy, like no big deal. I was nothing. I wasn't I wasn't invested, but so I wasn't like my feelings weren't hurt. But I was like, he blocked me on everything.
Speaker 1: Well, this guy's bad guy. However, for every guy that you guys complain about that they don't text me the next day and they don't and you're like, he told me he liked me too much, that was a that was a bad thing, or because you sent some bullshit.
Speaker 2: I sense bullshit. Yeah, no, I love that. I do love a nice guy, but he took it to such an extreme level. Like I like, I like a guy that sends a good morning text every day. I like a guy that shows interest, that's really find But he was just like, oh, baby baby, Like you know, I was just something seems off about this guy. I had to trust my intuition and I was right there.
Speaker 1: You go, all right, plug your Farmbabe world, The farm Baby.
Speaker 2: The Farmbabe dot Com launching a new Puncast with you Brian Howie, my new pun Cast.
Speaker 1: Producer, producer podcast to spread the wisdom of the farm world.
Speaker 2: Yes heard it. The Farm Babe Podcast drops November seven. I get it. And then I'm also on Farmbabe. So I'm Farmbabe on Facebook and at the Farmbabe on Instagram, TikTok YouTube, you name it, at the Farmbabe, but the farm Babe dot com is the best place to go.
Speaker 1: Good job, proud of you, welcome back, Thank you. As far as far as us like, share, follow, Please review this podcast. Your reviews meaning a lot in the podcasting ecosystem and in the farm world. Probably our tenth anniversary show, our tenth anniversary Great Love Debate live show is on sale good Great Love Debate dot com or at the Boca Blackbox Center for the Arts Boca Blackbox dot com. It's right down the street from where I'm recording this. Actually our tenth anniversary show. A lot of surprises, a lot of big guests, is going to be super fun. Shoot us an email Great Loved Debate at gmail dot com. If you've got questions, thoughts, are interest in a fisherman, you like that trout smell, We'll hook you up because, as always at The Great Love Debate, we never stopped making love. See you next time. The Great Love Debate. It's the Great Love Debate, the Great Love to Be.
Speaker 2: It's the Great Love to Be.