Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day, Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: When it comes to getting engagement reaction on platforms like radio, social media, you really never know what's gonna what's gonna take off.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And yesterday I was wrapping up dinner somewhere at a place I won't name because one, they're not paying me and also, uh, I was not impressed with their ranch dressing. But I just threw it out there on Twitter, what restaurant has the best ranch? And the amount of people who had a strong opinion on this surprised me. But then again, branch is pretty awesome. And I hate doing this to you, John, because you can't relate. You're not a rant. Have you ever had it?
Speaker 3: Never even wanted to have it? It just to me. I guess it's a noncondiment guy, Yeah, just just that in mayonnaise. For some reason, the white sauce just I can't get with it.
Speaker 2: Oh. The only white condiment I think I have ever wanted to try and tried was ranch. I'm not a no mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: And that gift on the tweet that you put out there was a gross.
Speaker 2: It was gross. No, No, I mean, I mean, but that's because you're somebody who doesn't even like the thought of eating any condiment sauce, especially ranch that's white, Like probably really did gross you out, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Branch is bottom tier, Like if I had to try, so, like, you know, if I had to try all the sauces, ranch would be near the bottom.
Speaker 2: But you don't know that you don't like it, you know that, right.
Speaker 3: That's true, But you also thoughts.
Speaker 2: But you also know you don't need it because you can eat without it, and you've been eating just fine and enjoying food without you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, but yeah, there's a lot of things that I've come to like over the years that I tried on accident, and like, that's pretty good. Salad. I remember thinking as a my mom would eat salad. I'm like, who would eat leaves? What are you doing? You're a sick individual?
Speaker 3: Mother?
Speaker 2: And then I had salad with ranch, and I'm like, oh, hell, yeah, this is great.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I remember we used to get I think my mom would take us. I don't know why, and she's probably listening. Maybe she can she can tell me. We used to go instead of going to McDonald's to get a happy meal, which we did that too, Mom would take us to Hardy's. We would get hard and maybe it was where we like our routine throughout the day. And I think my sister was in school and my mom at the time was to stay at home mom, and she would take me and a girl that she watched that she baby said we would go to. We would go to Hardy's and we love Hardy's. But I would get a burger plane so nothing on it, John just a hamburger at a bun And then one time they put cheese on it by accident because they messed up the order, and I liked it. I'm like, oh my god, I'm never not having burger with cheese on it. So like I'm I'm a super picky eater. Again, I always say this, I have the palette of a of a of a you know, of a five year old. Like there's a good chance that if you go to a sit down restaurant a chain like what I get is going to also be available on the kids menu, but just you know, smaller, smaller serving of it, just because you know, we're talking chicken fingers, boneless wings, traditional wings, burgers, pizza.
Speaker 3: What's the most There has to be something that you like that's kind of out there, though I feel like everybody has their thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because well so it'll be out there for you, but not for like most people like sushi, okay, like fried sushi, like I would never want to try. And my wife's good at this. She's good at a lot of things, but she is someone that if you don't just try something that she's offering you when it comes to food, she's she's insulted and she's not gonna let it go. There's a lot of things I've tried because of that. I don't want to, you know, happy wife, happy life, So like I don't want that too. But she more diverse with eating than me. Yes, well everybody is with you.
Speaker 3: But like I mean, I'm not the most picky. Like I love any seafood. Give me any seafood and I'll try that. Give me frog legs whatever that.
Speaker 2: Well, and then I'm glad you said that because I would never touch that stuff. I'm trying to think of what is like the most. Like, it's not there's no exotic type food that I like I again, a like, that's what makes me feel like such a poor sometimes because like the nicest restaurants I've ever been to, I look at the menu and I'm like, I'm good, just bring me a beer. I don't I don't know what to get, and like if you go to a steakhouse that's and I like steak, it's just not something that I like. Again, I can get a double quarter pounder with cheese at McDonald's and then get a burger from the best burger joint that somebody has tabbed in this town as the elite of the elite, and I'll be just fine with the McDonald's, like I, you know, just because it's just I'm not super I'm I'm very basic, and you know, I got a weak palette.
Speaker 3: I guess I like a good burger, but I only put things like bacon as topping on a burger that's good.
Speaker 2: I like bacon, and then that's I guess that's where I feel a little sometimes. I feel like insecure about like fine dining because my wife, who's a great cook. By the way, I don't just say that, like because you know, there's people that have cooked for me that I you know, I don't tell them, but like that that's not their strength. The kitchen, is it. My wife hates cooking, and she is great at it. My sister's a great cook. She loves cooking. So I've been able to eat some good stuff over the year, So maybe that's why I feel this way. But I could go to a really really nice steakhouse and get a you know, get a get a surloin, get a New York strip whatever, get you know, a t bone filet mignon, and get it perfectly made to how I like, which is medium to medium rare, usually medium rare. And I could also get eat a steak that my wife made at home, and I'm sure I could tell you which one was restaurant prepared and which one was not. But I would be just fine with the one that was not in ninety to one hundred dollars steak. And that's not because like again she's a great cook. But like I just don't like to meat eating is more of like not just like I mean, I like I eat junk food, like I don't eat super healthy And there's a times where you know, I can't stop eating chips and k so because I you know, I'm just people binge eat sometimes and just you know, want to want to pig out on snacks. But when it comes to the like the meal stuff, I'm fine, Like I'm fine with whatever, to be honest with you, for me when it goes when it comes to going out to eat, I'll be honestly, I would say food is still like the top priority, but it's close with atmosphere for me. Like if I'm going to a sports bar, like there's got to be something on the menu that I like to eat, but overall, like if it's got good, if they got you know, they got they got cold beer, and they got a bunch of TVs and they got you know, your typical sports bar food, I'll find something I like and I'll.
Speaker 3: Be good to go. I'm with you on the atmosphere, that's why. And I won't name specific restaurants, but I prefer one steak like one chain steakhouse versus another because the other one is just way too crowded all the time. Dude, only know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know which one you're talking about. So the one like so the of all the people who shared their thot on ranch dressing, I will say that there was one restaurant that got more not votes, but more people mentioned this one than any other, and it really wasn't close, and that was Texas Roadhouse. I really do like Texas Roadhouse ranch. Other people mentioned Rooster's. Rooster's ranch is good. I like it. I don't love it as much as others. Rooster's food is great, but I wouldn't when I think of all the great stuff at Roosters, I don't necessarily think of their ranch, but it is good. And then a lot of people mentioned Jets Pizza when they're ranch. I've never had that, but I will tell you the best ranch I have ever had, and I don't know. I mean, maybe it was because I was new to salad and ranch at the time. But when I was at Saint Catherine College, whatever food vendor they used to supply the cafeteria, I mean, food was good, by the way, but the ranch was. I mean, it was out of this world and I would eat like five because that's the one of the perks of you know, being on I lived there. Nobody else lived there unless you were an athlete, because it's in the middle of nowhere, and the majority of the people who lived on lived on campus. No, no joke. The majority of people who lived on campus at Saint Catharine College were nuns, not kidding. So you know, we had access to the cafeteria all all the time, not twenty four seven, but honestly not far from it. So we would eat on there all and we could eat whatever we wanted. And I wouldn't I would go through like four salads a day, and I'm talking like not just on the side. That would be my meal, just a big old salad, and I would you know, I would go to town. So somebody, in fact, two different people had mentioned the ranch dressing that they had when they went to e Ku was their favorite ranch. And I'm just willing to I don't know where this was purchased from. If this was like, you know, Gordon Foods, Like there's a lot of vendor, like restaurants sometimes buy the same supplies from the same people, like you know what I'm saying, Like they provide those kind of things to all these restaurants, chains or local restaurants, whatever may be. I think isn't Gordon Yahfs. So I don't know where the ranch came from, but I would not be shocked if like those two schools had the same supplier. You know what I mean. So anyways, twelve minutes in the five o'clock hour with football season here, we're talking food, but food and foot football, Yeah, it kind of goes together. Right.
Speaker 3: You talked about food with Kendrick Casket.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, all right, it's coffee and company. We are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us. I did start the show by letting everybody know I don't want to do the whole attendance thing because if the forecast is accurate on Saturday, that will lead to a lighter crowd than what we want because we want it to be full. And I've always well, I mean again, I said it earlier. I wish every Louisville athletic event that ever opened doors for fans to come in and view the experience, the game, the match, whatever. I wish it was full and you'd have people lining up to the interstate to get in. But I know that's not realistic and I'm not somebody that can fake that. I really care one way or another about attendance, Like it's you need good attendance for the support of the athletic department, and it's not a good look if you have lightly attended games, because recruits want to play in front of big crowds. Like, I understand how important it is, but I can't give you any fake energy about what other people are doing. And I also can't you know, like I just don't. I've never been able to understand why in sports, especially I feel like in college sports, there's way more focus on people who don't go to a game than the people who do go to a game. And I just like, who the hell am I to tell somebody and try to influence and lecture somebody on what to do with their time and like how to spend their money, you know. I mean, if people decided, hey, I'm not gonna go to the game against Austin P Saturday, because you know, it's Louisville against Austin P and there's a good chance there's gonna be some storms there, Like you got to you gotta have a set on you to look at somebody and tell them they're doing something wrong with when it comes to that, Like, I mean, first of all, you shouldn't be you shouldn't feel entitled to tell anybody what they should and shouldn't do. But like, I just don't want the postgame show to have callers complaining about attendance because the game was a blowout and nobody there's not a whole lot to really react to from that other than you know, the obvious that you curb stops your opponent. But like, it took me back when I thought when I saw everybody mentioning the forecast and we an update from Winberg, which I'll share with you in just a minute. I just remember going back to one of the days where there was a rain game and somebody called in drunk and and that's fine, by the way, I don't mean you can call him drunk. In fact, usually that makes for better radio, you can't. You know, we don't want to have John working too hard on the dumb button, but like you know, it's there for a Reasoneah, we get lively after the postgame or after the game's in on these postgame shows. It's a lot of fun, at least usually is. But anyways, I just like I just wish there would be more of a awareness that as much as we love Louisville, Kentucky, and we're diehard fans. We want to compete at the very top. We want to show that we are a proud fan base that shows up, shows out, supports our program. Like at some point in time, like just like realize you can be a diehard fan and realize, yeah I don't want to go sit in the rain for three hours, Like that doesn't make you a bad fan. So who knows. Maybe they still have a pack crowd. But I just I'm putting it out there now. I don't have any energy in regards to like strong opinions one way or the other about the turnout. If it's great, then great. But if it's a light crowd because of the opponent in the weather, I don't mean Again, people have the platform to call in and react to whatever they want. We can have the conversation, but I just I don't care if that's the case, Meaning if that crowd is lighter than we would have ever expect, then we would have ever wanted because of the rain. Yeah that's not great, but like it's life, and it doesn't It's not an indictment on the fan base at all. I mean, I think Louis of vans over the years have shown that they will show up and show out when it's a big game, and they've they've done that. They sold out two games last year, the two biggest games on the schedule, and the other games that they didn't sell out, you know, were not against great opponents, or the weather was crappy like the Duke game. The weather was terrible. I mean it was gloomy, like misty. It was cold, and you know, somebody wanting to sit on their couch and cheer on the team and drink their own beer, Like that's just that's how being a sports fan, I think has evolved. Like you'd have it, you have some people would have you believed that back in the day it could be monsooning in every seat in every stadium in the SEC and the Big ten would be full, and like, maybe that is the case, but I don't buy that. So again, I hope that we have great crowds this year for football season. But I will say this, the home schedule sucks and it's nobody's fault. That's just the way it played out this year. There's the only good game on the home slate this year is Miami. Other than that, like, if you're going, you're going because of Louisville, not because of the opponent. Now, maybe the Georgia Tech game ends up getting a good build because obviously they're coming off of a monster upset in Week one. Could be two ranked teams playing. If that's the case, then I would throw Georgia Tech in there. But I just I'm fearful that there's gonna be people wanting to yell about fans that didn't go, and look, you do what you want. I just can't understand how people spend their heart on money go to a game and look around and see an empty seat, or see somebody sitting down, or see somebody drinking beer on the flight deck, and they're pissed in that ruined their experience, Like you can't control that, Like if that bothers, you don't go. Like I don't know anyways, uh So the bye games, right, you know that Austin p I keep forgetting their name because that's how little they matter. They're coming in to get a check and get a butt whooping. There's a lot of schools around the country that are doing that. That's how this works. But Brett McMurphy has put together a breakdown of which schools are getting the fattest checks to get spanked, And uh I found it to be interesting, not a real, not a whole not not you know, not a big shock when you consider, you know, when you consider the schools that can pay the most money for you to come in and get a beat down are the schools that usually have, you know, a lot of success. But uh, here is the list, Well that's the wrong. Here we go. Here's the Payday Games top ten of the weekend. One point nine million. That's a tie, three way tie. WKU is gonna go to Alabama and get one point nine mil. New Mexico gonna go to Auburn and get one point nine mil. Um asked to go to Georgia and get one point nine mil. Uh, Fresno State is gonna get one point one. They're gonna get one million, eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars to go to Michigan. Oh, I'm sorry, this is this season, not just this weekend. I apologize. But although WKU in Alabama is this weekend, Arkansas is gonna is gonna Arkansas State is gonna get one point eight to go to Michigan. Later in the year, Akron getting one point eight million to go to Ohio State. Same thing with Western Michigan. They're getting one point eight to go to Ohio State. And then Colorado State will get one point eight million for going to Texas. So, I mean, let's be real. Coaches don't want to schedule those games, right, I mean they don't because like if you're a Colorado State what's his name? Is it Norvel?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Isn't? Yeah J Norvell at Colorado State. I mean, do you think he wants to go to Texas? Like maybe he sees it as an opportunity to get a big win, but like you could also get beaten down, Like that's a ninety nine percent chance of a loss. But you know what that one point eight million, it's probably some of that. It's got to be going to a Drew salary, right, Like there's probably not payday's quite like that on you know, on the schedule for many many teams. So I don't know what the amount of money is is out there for smutic or not SMU but Southern Myss to come to Kentucky or for Austin p to come to Louisville. However, you know, last week. It was Montana State who ended up going to New Mexico and beating them and walking out with a three hundred and sixty thousand dollars check. Can there be a better feeling if you're running the athletic department and that happened. You got paid to go pull off an upset that puts your program not on the map, but like, it's a notable thing for an FCS team to go in and beat a G five team.
Speaker 3: They were probably already hype seeing they were favored in that game. They had a real chance from the get go.
Speaker 2: It was so weird seeing that they were they were two touchdown favorites when before it kicked off, I feel like and a half or something crazy crazy. All right, let's go to the phone lines here. Five O two five seven seventy nine hundred is the number. If you want to give us a call. We will welcome in. Steve, Steve, you're on Sports Talk seven ninety. How are you, sir? Steve?
Speaker 3: You with me?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Well, I saw you doing doing good? What's uping radio?
Speaker 1: You hear me? All right?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir? You got me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Hey, Just want to touch on we didn't sell the Duke game because that was a Saturday before.
Speaker 3: Or after Halloween and we're kind of a party town.
Speaker 2: And we are, Oh, yes we are, and then uh no, you're right, man, this season is a little disappointing.
Speaker 3: You know, Miami looks good.
Speaker 2: We'll probably have another ACC team, you.
Speaker 3: Know, doing looking well through the season that we can look up to.
Speaker 2: But you know, this season's a little a little bit of a downer, you know, looking at a schedule. That's it. Thank you. I appreciate the call, Steve. Yeah. Yeah, So like Duke was not looked at, I think on paper before the season started as a chance to like have a big game, but it played out that way because you know, yeah, Louisville had that terrible timing with the Pittsburgh loss and then a bye week that was just brutal. But Duke, if you remember last year, you know, they they had some momentum. I mean they should have beaten Notre Dame and they didn't. I mean, they should have won that game, and then they they lost to Florida State, but it was competitive. I feel like that was one of the more competitive game games for Florida State last year. So when you know they were a four I'm sorry, a five and two team when they came to Louisville, Duke was but if you remember, there was some legitimate there was some legitimate buzz surrounding that game because Louisville, of course, was coming off their first loss, and Duke had a really good resume, right, their losses were to really good teams. They beat North Carolina State twenty four to three. That was one of the only that was one of only three losses that NC State had. So maybe there'll be a team this year, as as Steve mentioned there that could end up you know, by the time, like by the time they were on the schedule, you feel like, oh, you know this this is actually unexpectedly set up to be an opportunity to not only get a valuable win, but the opponents got some momentum. Therefore, fans are more in line to want to be there because they feel like there's you know, it's a bigger game. But yeah, I mean, you play pitt at the end of the year, that's your last home game, and then you've got Miami, which of course you know is that'll be the big I mean, that is the biggest game of the year at home, right now and then SMU. I mean even if SMU didn't get embarrassed and nearly lose to Nevada in Week zero, I mean, SMU just they just don't there's not a The brand of SMU is not one that I think is just gonna be the goal SMU's in town. Like Lowell played Virginia Tech last year and they killed them, But like Virginia Tech's a big enough brand to where like it's not okay, we got to be there, but like you know, that's a program that has history, tradition and a fan base, So yeah it is. I mean again, it's nobody's Fallis's just kind of how it played out. And Indiana should have been a home game this year, and that wouldn't be like, uh, oh you better, you better get ready when you bring the Hoosiers to town, because you know they're not They've never been very good consistently, but they are a Big ten team and they would have fans that I think would come because you know, we're not far from Bloomington. Who do we blame for that? We can't blame Signetti.
Speaker 3: I think it's Tom Allen's fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like why would they let him do that when they know he probably wasn't going to be there.
Speaker 3: I guess in the off chance that he would have been around, I mean he only so they were three nine, and a lot of his losses were by one score or less. I mean, a few things going his way. He may have still been.
Speaker 2: Still defending Tom Allen. Signetti better not be listening because that's disappointing. I'm just I'm just throwing that out there. But hey, Signette's brought that up too. He says, I win those games. He says, he wins the one score game.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Signette's got a lot of confidence. I can't lie. I do. I do like it, And we will see moving forward how Jeff wants to schedule, because when he was at Purdue, you know they would go very light in the non conference because they had nine Big Ten games and you know they're Purdue, but eight ACC games a league that is not as good as the Big Ten. Like I I'm curious to see if he will try to get a Marquee non conference game every year because this year, I mean, you've got Notre Dame back to back seasons, but like in that counts because that's a non conference game, but you have the game on the schedule because of your conference affiliation in ACC and Notre Dame having that relationship, so you know that counts, like I can't. You know, maybe if you have Notre Dame, you don't want to go add an SEC team, but when you don't have Notre Dame, like, let me look at the schedule next year, and you know, I know people say I never criticized Brahm, and I don't feel like I've really needed to do that a whole lot. I mean, when he loses, that's something that everybody should be criticized for. But like, you know, ten wins last year, it's hard for me to act like any it was anything other than a very successful debut season for Jeff. It sucked the way it ended, and you know, losing to Kentucky, you know that sucked. So clearly there's some criticism there. But next year's schedule I want to be critical because I give Kentucky fans a lot of crap about their non conference schedule because they play in the SEC eight games and then they have Louisville, and then they usually play the worst teams they can find Louisville. Next year eight ACC games in Kentucky. Their non conference games are EKU, James Madison, and Bowling Green, So like that non conference schedule sucks, I mean, am I wrong? And your home games are Bowling Green, James Madison, e KU, Kentucky, Boston College, Cal And you do have Clemson at home next year, so that's something. But other than that, man, it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like this year you got one Marquee home game and that's it.
Speaker 2: They do close out the year or actually I'm I'm sorry, this doesn't say the date of the games, but they will play at Virginia Tech. There's no way there's been a member join a league and go as long as Louisville did without ever having to go to play in Blacksburg. Blacksburg's supposed to be like with the best atmosphere you'll find in the ACC, maybe in college football when they're good, and Louisville will have been in the league eleven years and it'll be their first trip to Blacksburg because I want to go, because it's supposed to be a great atmosphere. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. Stick with us. It's coffee company feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety just uh, whoopsie, sorry about that. I hate when that happens. Is there a way to disable that? If you ever had any Like if I search for something in my inbox on Outlook or I search because you can hit control F and then search within a Google tab, or you can even do it in an Edge tab too. Why do I need an audio prompt if I've searched something that doesn't come up? Like, why would I get point? What is that telling me? I can see if I search and it doesn't come up, I don't need you know. And it's like sometimes you're searching for something but you haven't completed the word yet, so because you know, the first four letters of a six letter word aren't a real word, it's gonna tell me it can't find it. So then it just bang bang bang kisses me off. And usually I'm pretty good about knowing when that could potentially happen. So I turned my my soundboard down here, but I played the liner, so the soundboard.
Speaker 3: Was up, so like I just had a gaff doing a live read for some reason on my Outlook word whatever it's called. All of the text on my read disappeared while I was doing the read. That's why we being hacked here, we could be in hacked. It disappeared for six seconds and came back. But I was like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, you try to to do a live read or a mention, and I mean, it's not good for your advertiser for it to seem like you're reading it. I mean, obviously, disclaimers are one thing, but you want it to sound like you know, it's like it's just something you're so passionate about you you're just saying it. I mean, we all know that's not how this works. It's a business. You know, people pay for you to plug their business. But I didn't want to. I didn't want it to seem so obvious that I had to go check and make sure I had the right sponsors for the pregame show and postgame show. That's what that's what all this is so here I am now you know, I was needing to rely on it, not because I don't know who it is. I just want to make sure I had the exact you know, brand correct, because it's not just the Pella doors and windows, it's Pello Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky. And I might have said Pella doors and Windows like I did, but that was intentional. I was just trying to give you an example of what I probably would have done if I didn't have the right copy in front of me. So pregame show will start at eleven and it is the Pello Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital Louisville football pregame show right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Postgame show will follow. So just what you guys were, one more Nick coffee. Not just doing postgame shows this year, I'm doing pregame shows too, So you know, that's how it worked out, and I'm happy. I'm appreciative for the opportunity. So again eleven o'clock on Saturday, and then as soon as as soon as it comes to an end and Louisville has handled Austin p and sent him home packing with a check, we will go live and react to it right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. All right, So, I mean I'm looking more and more here at this Minnesota team. They're winning the night, John, I mean they're winning.
Speaker 3: I think they're winning by a couple of touchdowns, maybe more.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're winning.
Speaker 3: They hate to not give North Carolina any credit, but I just feel like they're not giving Minnesota any credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think if you look at the portal, and again, it's all relative to are you valuing a guy who's produced at a really, really impressive rate but it's not at a high level, or are you somebody that looks at guys who've been added to a roster that didn't play. But man, they came from LSU, they came from Clemson, you know what I mean. So that's again, maybe I'm way wrong here, but I think the Minnesota team went out and got guys who they're plugging in that you know, are jumping up a notch, but they've also been really good. And then Carolina's got some guys from Clemson and A and M and I think maybe a guy from Georgia and they may be great. Like maybe they didn't get to get on the field at those schools because it's too crowded, there's too many good players, or maybe you know, they weren't good enough to play there and they might not be good enough to be, you know, a big impact player at their new school man. The first few weeks is really hard, and it always has been because you're learning about teams, But now it's the ultimate unknown. I mean, you just don't mean you'll see results. I think annually, as long as we have the portal being the way that it is and it's such an impact, it's such a heavily used way to build your roster. Every year you're gonna have every year where you have two first two maybe three weeks, there'll be results that when you look back on them in late November, it won't it won't make sense, and the only way to make sense of it will be, well, it took them a little time to really get acclimated because you know, you're putting a lot of new pieces together. Yes, they've probably been working together since spring, they had fall camp, but it's not the same as, you know, being out there when the lights are on in a real game against a real opponent. Are you are you gonna watch the Colorado game.
Speaker 3: I'm probably going to flip back and forth between that and Minnesota. You and see, I think they're on at the same exact time.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a team that has been so good at being easily hateable than Colorado. I mean, I haven't even talked about this story. I mean, they got mopped by Oregon last year and it was so great to see. And we find out courtesy of Front Office Sports that after they got beat down, Colorado contacted the PAC twelve by Oregon having unauthorized access to practice film and data following their forty two to six loss. Like again, not taking questions from a guy with a sharp pencil in your market who will call you out for your Shenanigans soft losing forty two to six and wanting to call the league about practice film getting in their hands illegally soft like Deon Sanders, I mean, is what would he need because I think he could go forward eight again. John and people those who still think, like, oh, prime man, he's got they would still say the same nonsense because they don't. It's it's it's truly what Dan Lanning said, It's about flash. You know, they're fighting for clicks. They want to be big in Hollywood. They don't care about winning. Like I mean, I think what makes me so frustrated about the Deon Sanders stuff is that I actually believe he could continue to be the same kind of coach, meaning not winning, and he's still going to get way more pub way more notoriety than most And like, if that's his goal, then he's damn good at it. But like I thought, like I thought he wanted to win, and I'm sure he does, but like this to me doesn't seem like a guy that's prioritizing. He should be hungry, humble and quiet right now so he can go shock a lot of people and win big and bounce back from a disastrous and it really, here's the thing. It shouldn't be labeled as a disastrous season for Deon Sanders, but it is labeled as that by a lot of people because of how much flash he carries and how much he presents himself as is if he's accomplished something as a coach, which he hasn't. I mean, it's just I don't know. I feel like I can't even watch Colorad. I'm gonna if they're ever getting blown out, I'll turn it on. I just I you know, call me a hater if you want. But like ESPN and everybody, I guess again, it's all about what moves the needle, play the hits, and prime losing is still a hit because again, it gets attention, it gets clicks, it gets viewership. Like he has that effect, and that's a talent. Credit to him. But call me old fashioned. I'd rather talk about somebody that actually matters in the world of college football, rooted.
Speaker 3: In substance, not flash rooted in substance. Today we talk with our pads.
Speaker 1: You're talking for your helmet, right, every moment the Cinderella story's over, man, Right, they're fighting for clicks, we're fighting for wins.
Speaker 3: There's a difference, right, there's a difference.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: This game ain't gonna be playing in Hollywood. It's gonna be played on the grass. Right, It's gonna be played on the grass.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: That fires me up every time.
Speaker 3: That Really, the more we hear that, the more cinematic it feels. And I know he's it's kind of funny because he's trying to not be Hollywood, but that could be in a Hollywood film.
Speaker 2: Oh hell, she just gave well, especially the way I mean again, Oregon at that time especially had reason to carry themselves a little bit like Colorado because they actually have something to back up. Colorado never did, and yet they were before that game. If you remember it was a masterpiece, a cinematic masterpiece by whoever creates the creative content, visually for Oregon football, where they were out there with their cameras with their sonys, getting all the footage of Colorado talking smack to them like they're about to curb stomp them forty two to six, when in the end it was the other way around. I mean, love to see it, love to see it. I'm a little worried about Oregon though, Like I think they're good, and I think Dan Lanning's a future star. I truly believe that he did turn down Alabama. I think it's the only coach that genuinely had you know, had probably the shouldn't to say, yeah, let's let's work this out. I want to come, but he didn't want to do it. And then they turned to Kaitlyn de Boor. I mean, because I'm in my head, I don't know what's right. The right way to say it is what And that sounds weird to me.
Speaker 3: Because he has the e er instead of a arcis b o a R would be Boor like the animal.
Speaker 2: It's just the stupid last name.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry coach of Alabama football.
Speaker 2: And I say that as someone with the last name of a drink but not spelled the same. So like, you know, I get it all right real quick. I love this rivalry. And I just saw an exchange between two anonymous fans that just talk hateful, hateful stuff online about the rivalry. Uh, you know they're anonymous, they don't they don't like they don't they have an anonymous identity online, so like they they don't really have a line they can't cross, right, Like they'll say whatever and know that it will never be tied to them. And sometimes they're just car they're harmless fans being fans. But then sometimes you know, they just get crazy. And there's a Twitter account called Kentucky hoops ig. It's got six hundred and ninety nine followers, and it's a picture of Mark Pope and Pat Kelsey standing next to each other from yesterday's a leadership event here in Louisville, and it says little brother because obviously Mark Pope's taller than Pat Kelsey. As a short guy, myself, like, it's clearly not something we can control. So short jokes have never in my life ever bothered me, because I've never I mean, I just I guess accepted that I'm going to be short, and quite literally, it is something I can't control. You can control being fat, you can't control being short and tall. So like you know, when people would when I play basketball, I would oftentimes get you know, jokes about my height and you know, and then I would play and they wouldn't they wouldn't joke as much anymore. But like I've been short, like it's I'm not adjusting. I'm not figuring out life as a short person. I'm five foot eight and that's on the short side. And like I'd never given any thought. And I'm sure Pat Kelsey is the same, right, Like the short jokes that he's getting is because there's really nothing they can I mean not to say they mean they don't like him because he's a Louis As coach, but like we're still early on. Neither of these guys have coached a game yet. Like there'll be something said a dig a jab here or there, and then you'll start using that, but for now it's just appearance based criticism because there's nothing else you can go off of. But this texting, this tweet again and said little brother, and it just has the picture of Mark Stoops or not marks Mark Pope being very tall and Pat Kelsey not This Louisville fan responded and said, bad as tall as that racist you named your arena after. And that's a picture of Adolph Bruh. Like, I don't bring that up to say, like that's, like, you know, some hilarious joke. But like went from just acknowledging that our coach is short to bringing in that rape, bringing up that racist ass coach that they are. It's just I mean, that's that's the toxic people will go to the deepest depths. Yeah, how tall was Adolf Rup? I mean, no way he would. I mean, let's see here. I feel like he was tall. He played, like you know, back in the eighteen hundreds he played, But like I think, I don't think he was short. But there was a picture that they posted in that response that shows up with one of his players and he looks, you know, he looks very short. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side, wrap this thing up, get out of here, and go watch some college football tonight. The real action, though, will be taking place at Overdale Elementary as my uh my Overdale Chiefs, my four and five year old flag football team. They got a scrimmage tonight, that's the real action, but they'll be football after that. You can bet on all right, quick break, we'll come back and wrap it up right here. On Sports Talk seven ninety I mentioned this earlier but never really got into it. And it's not, you know, something that's going to need need to take up much time, but it is worth mentioning because it's important now, right nil and the five to two circle collective. I mean when you look at how the rosters come together for Jeff bram in the last two seasons, and obviously looking at what pack Kelsey was able to utilize to build a brand new team from scratch with some really good players, and we know INIL was a big factor. So this guy, Pete Nachos, he works for on three Sports, and he has put together in his mind who he thinks the ten best INIL collectives are in college sports. And you know, this guy, for what it's worth, is hired by on three Sports to specifically cover INNIL, which you know, it's not only is it important, but I think it's interesting as well, just to see what other schools are doing from a creative standpoint. And just to know which schools appear to be in great shape, you know when it comes to money. So Louisville they're collective, the five O two circle, Dan Furman and those guys, they came in at number nine, so they were top ten. Ohio State eighteen seventy Society in the foundation is there an il collective? Is that one or two? I don't know. Tennessee has the Spire Sports Group at number two, Texas One Fund at number three, Oregon is at number four. They're anile collective is called Division Street Miami at number five. Caine's Connection, the Grove Collective is Ole miss they're at number six. The Battle's End is Florida State's collective. They're at seven eighteen ninety. Nebraska is Nebraska's collective at number eight, and then I mentioned Louisville fiveboh two circle at number nine, and then Missouri. Every true Tiger is there is their collective. So five sec teams two Big ten, three acc That's how it That's how it shakes out. So uh, you know, with Louisville, they're clearly in good shape and the results speak that to be true. As far as what they're what they've been able to do, you know, with Kentucky's collective, I feel like they're in a good spot. But I don't, you know, I can't, you know, I don't really know. I would. I bet Kentucky's in IL is probably competitive with some of the best out there as far as you know, other than the elite of the elite. But I think Kentucky's in IL probably doesn't make as much noise because they're in IL. Resources were probably mostly used to keep players right. Louisville had to use nil obviously to keep Ashton Julotti. But like, it just doesn't it doesn't. It doesn't make as much noise. It was really scary looking at the window there. I didn't know what was going on behind it. It called me by surprise. All right, we're out of time, you guys. Enjoy your evening. We're back at it tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety