Speaker 1: And now in cooperation with police in federal law enforcement departments throughout the United States. CBS Radio presents gang Busters. Gang Busters, the only national program that brings you authentic police case histories, has asked the Honorable Edward L. Dowd, first Assistant Circuit Attorney of Saint Louis, Missouri, to narrate by proxy to night's case. Circuit Attorney Dowd, I, thank you and good evening, Gangbusters listeners. Let's begin tonight's case. On a cold winter morning a year or so ago, in the city of Saint Louis, Missouri, the proprietress of a small, unkempt confectionery store.
Speaker 2: On South Broadway had just opened the.
Speaker 1: Place where but there's business, and was tidying up the tiny soda fountain. M who told you know last night?
Speaker 3: Wally?
Speaker 4: The answer still knows, crying out, Lie. Do you think it was a fortune you could stake a guy to a couple of hundred?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: No, NFL be reasonable. I'm good for it, you know, I'm good for it.
Speaker 3: Was the guy in your position need to come looking for handouts? Do you know where to get it? Why don't you go out and make it?
Speaker 1: The heat's on, and a fella town's hotter and a two dollars pistol shooting blanks.
Speaker 3: I don't blame me. I didn't make the heat.
Speaker 4: These guys have really been thrown en up the town.
Speaker 1: I had that clothing store man, no them, that was them, of course I'm not saying it was. Therefore, the guy got shot. Somebody comes in an ice to place. A reasonable thing to do is give him them money. He fought them, so what does he get?
Speaker 3: A nice funeral?
Speaker 1: And the hotel clerk I hear that was them too. You can see why all the heat is on, Anniple.
Speaker 4: So I figure to get out for a while.
Speaker 1: I take a ride a Casey and take things easy for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I should give you the two hundred have to come looking for you in Kansas City.
Speaker 4: You won't have to come looking for me, Annabel. I'm good for it. You know I'm good for it.
Speaker 3: Then go borrow from a bank.
Speaker 4: Listen to me, Annabel.
Speaker 2: Hot to heart.
Speaker 4: A guy with little heat.
Speaker 1: On him can't even walk in the streets and comfort anymore. The first thing he knows, he's downtown with.
Speaker 4: The long egg and a life out of him. You can't work under these conditions.
Speaker 3: My heart is bleeding.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 1: This mob has been burning up the town with one blast after another, and the pressure is coming down on the cops from all over. It's a risk to stick your heat on the street while this mob is still operating.
Speaker 3: What mob? Who are they?
Speaker 4: How should I know?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 3: I thought you knew everything, Walley.
Speaker 4: I never heard of him? What do you say, Annibal?
Speaker 3: No is no? Well? IM's a redhead? The papers say you know of any redheaded heavy men around him?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I got an idea, Wally, have a chocolate molded on the house.
Speaker 4: No, no, thanks so much, obliged.
Speaker 3: My chocolate molted aren't good enough for you, But you'll take my two hundred.
Speaker 4: I ain't even hot breakfast yet.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with the chocolate molded for breakfast?
Speaker 4: And about please?
Speaker 1: We've been friends for years, you know I want.
Speaker 3: To keep it that way, So I give you the two hundred. That's the end of our friendship.
Speaker 2: Come in, come in, yeah, I mean all right?
Speaker 1: Hell it be mister cub coffee, Hello, red Hawaii.
Speaker 3: We don't have coffee? About a nice cherry forcephae.
Speaker 4: I molded nice gip it? What are you doing around here, red and seeing the science.
Speaker 3: How about a hot chocolate that I can make you?
Speaker 2: Noah, I forget it. Hi been wally busy?
Speaker 4: Oh not too I was.
Speaker 2: I could find you around here.
Speaker 3: It's around here too much.
Speaker 4: I gotta do something with my time.
Speaker 2: Are you looking to make a connection that depends you?
Speaker 3: Like milk? I give you plain milk.
Speaker 4: I want coffee, Want coffee?
Speaker 3: That's who elsewhere?
Speaker 4: Right, it's a good deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been good so far. Come on, let's go get the coffee some place.
Speaker 3: We talk about it in a restaurant. I'm running the carrid what everybody asks for it? Have a million dollars worth of stock.
Speaker 2: Sorryight, I'm not to put out.
Speaker 3: I'll go if you're going, got plenty to clean up around I see that about. Yeah, don't do me any favors. No, m.
Speaker 4: M m h.
Speaker 1: Alice, good bye.
Speaker 3: Uh. Sergeant Rickard, robbery Squad, hold.
Speaker 4: On, please, I'll connect you, oh robbery squad.
Speaker 3: Sergeant record is Annabelle, Yes, annabel And we're looking to get a line on a redhead. Yeahs, maybe I just saw the one. What's his name Red? His name is Red.
Speaker 4: That's not much help.
Speaker 3: His friend of mine was in the store, crying about the heat around town because of all these heistings, and this red walks in and while the are sidekicks from way back. I think you want to know if Wally would like to make a connection. Say he didn't say they left together to talk it over? And for where how should I know? For where? Did I follow him?
Speaker 4: Okay? On a bell?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Keep your ears open out in the meanwhile.
Speaker 1: We do some checking around. Let me have it so, yeah, sure, yeah, thanks, all right? Tell me what's the deal at him in?
Speaker 2: Take it easy? I'm telling you. First, I want to know, is there any heat on you?
Speaker 4: Heat on me?
Speaker 1: You guys, get all the heat in this time you'll running wild and lit is on everybody.
Speaker 2: Are you still a good manager that really used to be willing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell all right? Downtown prinstance, can.
Speaker 4: You wheel a carring in and get it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's a touch jewelry house? Just jewelry. There'll be some cash involved enough, but plenty of eyes. Sidn't like a jewelry deal.
Speaker 1: You break your back to get the scum and you can't turn it over for twenty cents on a dollar. Well, that shouldn't make any difference if there's enough of it, No, I guess it shouldn't. And it's only a three handed job. Oh yeah, it's all a fair sized score. Split up only three ways wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 4: And what happened to the other two of them?
Speaker 1: Or what other two papers have been saying you are forehanded altogether?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell okay, we why we were four handed? But uh two of the boys pulled out, Eh? Why they thought there was too much heat for the fireworks. They started to cry, so, uh might give him the kiss off?
Speaker 4: Who's Mac?
Speaker 2: He wouldn't know him. They've been his jobs.
Speaker 1: What kind of guys he after this one? I'll live had enough myself, cow boy? Nah, not exactly heed while he's got a head on his shoulders. Maybe that's his trouble.
Speaker 2: Too much head. He thinks he's a mastermind.
Speaker 4: I don't like that kind of deal. Every hand should I have to say so, not with Mac. They don't well this guy think he is. I don't normal. I don't know what he can do.
Speaker 1: He'll get so independent. You told me you were behind the six. You can't get Doe by being independent?
Speaker 4: All right, I'll say it to him anyway. I'm talking to you for him?
Speaker 2: Are you in Archier?
Speaker 4: Okay, right, I'm in good. Come on, let's go see this car.
Speaker 2: They get easy. Will you give me a chance to drink my coffee? Besides you, we can't meet him till the night.
Speaker 4: Somebody to make an Appointment's a late sleep, all right, Go ahead, drink your coffee.
Speaker 1: Wait out here, Johnny, Yeah, sure, y I won't be but a few minutes.
Speaker 2: I see him.
Speaker 3: Hold on about hello, yourse, sergeant?
Speaker 5: Oh will it be a small lemon lime?
Speaker 3: Small lemon lime to a sergeant?
Speaker 1: Where does this Swallly live venerbil?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, he never said.
Speaker 1: We've been checking around. We got no address for him in the cards.
Speaker 3: Don't cry to me, sergeant. That's your job to keep track of these heats, not mine.
Speaker 4: You got no idea at all. I did all.
Speaker 1: And when you see him again, try to fish it out of him.
Speaker 3: Huh, fish it out of him yourself. Here he comes, Oh, one lemon lime. The answer is still no.
Speaker 4: Wallely forgot I even mentioned it. Hi there, how are you?
Speaker 3: What'd you do get it from that red headed friend of.
Speaker 4: The earth head away?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Got some telephone change out of yep.
Speaker 3: Sure he looks familiar, that red ass. Maybe I know him from someplace, Maybe.
Speaker 4: It's always been around. Excuse me, I got to make a call.
Speaker 3: Who's stopping you see what I mean about the red head?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see you're gonna pick a Walley up?
Speaker 3: Two days in jail? Am I doing some good? Maybe it help his color?
Speaker 5: Maybe it would?
Speaker 1: How much with a lemon lime on the belt?
Speaker 3: No inflation around here? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Go again. Let me know what you're hear around the beat.
Speaker 4: I'm always okay, I'll see you know.
Speaker 3: Hurry back, mister.
Speaker 1: Johnny hey Rick.
Speaker 5: Wasn't that Wally they went in the store?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did he make you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. He remembers me from someplace. Probably thinks I'm a steady hanger around on the Bellsie went to use the phone.
Speaker 5: What are we gonna do when he comes out?
Speaker 1: Calm no, there's nothing we could hold him on yet. We don't even know if this red head is one of the outfit.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't make any bets he wasn't.
Speaker 1: I want to see that redhead before we make a move. If he's right, I wanna grab him good, we'll do it. He's coming out, okay, here he comes this way, let him pass. Okay, Johnny, stay with him right if he makes a meat with a red head, or if you find out where Wally lives, check with me.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right on your horse.
Speaker 1: Saw back to Gangbusters in a moment. The Sunday daytime listening is truly not standing at the Star's address tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Don't miss world.
Speaker 1: Music festivals, visiting the Edinburgh Festival where Brunovolter conducts the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. And remember too, that Sunday daytime on most of these same CBS radio stations, Leopold Stakofski conducts in the twentieth Century Concert Hall, and Michel Piastro directs the Simple neet All on CBS Radio. And now back to gang Busters and circuit attorneyed out well. While Saint Louis detectives were beginning to make headway on their investigation, the hold up mob had recruited another member, and late that night, in another part of the city, Wally was being escorted up the stairs of an apartment house by his connection. Read like, I said, why, you might not like the guy, but you got a grand him of brains. Don't want anybody telling me my business is, so I don't go for that kind of garden. Okay, don't get excited and me menam it that way?
Speaker 4: Just don't want up telling me how to do my job.
Speaker 2: It easy, will Yeah, okay, right here?
Speaker 4: Should I pushed the bell? Doin in that mine?
Speaker 1: I got the keys, mag come on in Wallach Yeah, hey Mac and here Red he's in air Wallly.
Speaker 2: Say yeah, how you like to set up here? Will little du Yeah? Bag meat Wale?
Speaker 4: Oh I hi, uh just a second.
Speaker 2: He's nuts about solitaire.
Speaker 4: So I see, I tried a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I can't find a better way to pass the time. Have you tried knitting, Wally?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I tried knitting.
Speaker 1: Nothing there.
Speaker 4: Well you won't let this go for a while.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: That's nice of you.
Speaker 4: It don't look like I could win it anyway, not with that deal. So on wellie, yeah, thanks right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fritz says you're okay. Wally says you're good. Wheelman the best back. Okay, Now, this is gonna be a nice little scorm, not the biggest in the world.
Speaker 4: But uh, Tidy, that's the why I like him.
Speaker 2: Tidy.
Speaker 1: We maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day.
Speaker 4: It depends on the weather. What's the weather got to do it?
Speaker 1: This is a congested district. If it's raining a snowing, traffic will be heavy and slow. Plus there'll be a lot of extra taxi cabs in the area.
Speaker 4: It's a good angle.
Speaker 1: The get will be rough enough without the handicaps. So uh, let's wait for good weather.
Speaker 4: It's okay with me.
Speaker 2: See Wally all the angles now.
Speaker 1: The mark is the Four Brothers Jewelry company. That's uh on the third floor of the tower building.
Speaker 4: So rough zea you get not out of neighborhood. Can you do it? I can do it.
Speaker 2: It's my idea.
Speaker 4: We should have a small fast car.
Speaker 1: A big one might be a little trouble to handle in traffic, but uh, I'll leave it to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you leave it to me.
Speaker 1: A small car would be better, don't you think, Wallie, small car it'll be Now here's the layout forget about the elevator. We'll go up the stairs. The office is around here in back like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh, there's this entrance here. The door's made of glass. So we gotta work fast. We gotta get in, get it and get out.
Speaker 2: We got no time to play. Who wants to play?
Speaker 1: There's a counter uh here which stretches from one side practically to the other. It's a display case. None of the good stuff is in there in back of the counter.
Speaker 2: As a vault.
Speaker 1: That's what we wanna get in unless you figure maybe five six thousand cash, maybe fifty thousand an ice.
Speaker 2: It's not bad alright for me.
Speaker 4: Off to the side here, Uh, there's a little office.
Speaker 1: That's where the owner has his desk. Besides the owner, we'll find another guy. They're a salesman. Neither one of 'em look like the hero type. We won't have any trouble.
Speaker 4: We got this mark pretty well cased. I should have.
Speaker 1: I've been there twice. I've been trying to make up my mind whether to buy a watch.
Speaker 2: They got a great set up.
Speaker 4: While they recognize me when I come in, I'll tell him I want to watch. They're relaxed. We go to work. How about the bug. All those jewelry houses got alarms. That will be no problem.
Speaker 1: The only one I could spark was in the boss's little office. Now he'll be in front, riding up the sale on the watch, And if there are any.
Speaker 4: More, we'll just have to be quick enough to keep them away.
Speaker 1: From them.
Speaker 4: I'm for being quick.
Speaker 1: Back to Gangbusters in a moment. Now, Red, yeah, you're gonna take the bolls. Your job is to watch him, keep him quiet, keep him away from the bugs. Okay, And Wally, you do the same thing with a salesman, and I'll clean the void a minute.
Speaker 3: This matter.
Speaker 4: You're going a little fast for me. You said I was to handle salesmen.
Speaker 1: That's right. I was under the oppression. I was a wheelman in this steal. That's a big enough job. I don't belong on the inside at all. It's not necessary to stay with the car that can sit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I can sit without me.
Speaker 1: I don't do two men's work are two men's cuts. I don't do two men's work without two men's cuts.
Speaker 4: Will you listen to me? I know there was something screwy, but this deal no one of your other two left you like that.
Speaker 1: Wally, you're gonna grant me.
Speaker 4: It takes three on the inside. Okay, I'll grant you. But I'm a wheel man. I'm done inside work. Sure I've done inside work, but not while I was the wheel man. I won't have any part of Now listen to.
Speaker 1: Me, will you?
Speaker 4: You came in and you're in.
Speaker 1: We'll see if I'm man'll Wally b reason it's being unreasonable. Now. Look, I don't get tough often, but I'm gonna get tough now you're in, Wally.
Speaker 4: You made a deal and you're in. Well, you're not gonna be.
Speaker 1: Feeling so good while they cooperate.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna be so tough.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, if I wasn't such a spot for though, i'd tell you all what to do.
Speaker 2: Good Wally, I knew it come to first.
Speaker 4: You see, Maggie said, Oh, yeah, that's all this is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, I better start scotting around for a car for to get. Yeah, a small car whilely small well Red, We'll get in touch with you. He'll let you know whether it's tomorrow on what time? Yeah, you be an Anambells at eleven off phone there? Okay, Anna plus at eleven up, be there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We got a good deal, boys, an awful good deal. Let's see if I can win one of these games for myself. Robert squad sergeant record, Hello, Rick, Johnny, Yeah, Johnny.
Speaker 5: Wally must have flifted himself a Chevy coach. I saw him on the corner of Grand and locust.
Speaker 4: Oh is that all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Looks for sure like he's in a deal.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, where do you park this car?
Speaker 5: In a public garage on Market Street? On Market Street near the civil courts.
Speaker 1: Okay, Johnny, stick around there.
Speaker 4: I'll be right out.
Speaker 5: Do you think I ought to have one of the boys to stay behind Wally.
Speaker 1: No, that won't be necessary. He's going to use that car if they pull anything. That's all we have to watch the car. I'll be right there.
Speaker 3: Uh what Yeah.
Speaker 4: About hot tricks?
Speaker 2: That about it?
Speaker 4: I got no tricks.
Speaker 3: What do you want two hundred? Again? The answer is still no.
Speaker 4: I don't want you two hundred. Just fix me a chocolate morning.
Speaker 3: Chocolate mar with vanilla, chocolate Maar with chocolate, vanilla, Choco mall with vanilla. I'll come yesterday. You wanted two hundred today. You don't beginning to get insulted.
Speaker 4: My connections came through on a book.
Speaker 3: You would take my advice which you want? You wouldn't go looking for trouble.
Speaker 4: I'm not looking for trouble. Who needs trouble?
Speaker 1: Looking time?
Speaker 4: I got a car, I get it?
Speaker 3: Why should you get it? Is it your store?
Speaker 4: I'm expecting the call I'll go on then my.
Speaker 3: Answer before they hang up. Yes, and don't get my phone numbered anymore. Toimes and Vick, do you think that's it?
Speaker 1: Hello, Yeah, it's the Wally red Beck says, we do it today at three o'clock.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You got the car?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, Chevy, just the ticket. I got to park in the garage your markets.
Speaker 2: I mean I can pick you two up about two thirty. The Max says no.
Speaker 1: Max says for you to drive downtown yourself, parked the car and Delmar near the building.
Speaker 2: We'll see you there.
Speaker 4: Okay, it will take care of the hardware. Just bring the car in yourself. I got you so long.
Speaker 1: Watch oblige and all much obliged for what for you set up facilities anytime?
Speaker 3: Ask me for anything except money. One chocolate molded was vanilla, Happy days A Happy days yourself.
Speaker 5: Cut over to Washington, Rick, Maybe we can pick them up there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm fort of no use, Johnny.
Speaker 5: We lost them lousy traffic, same thing last night, so Saintarett tookhim to meet the mob and we got filed up in traffic.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 1: We know where to put our hands on them now, wally. At least he can lead us to the.
Speaker 5: Others in the la gonna start shooting again. That's what I'm worried about. The way he was headed.
Speaker 1: I guess the job is someplace downtown.
Speaker 5: Maybe he was just headed to pick up the others.
Speaker 1: Maybe, But these guys are pretty slick, Johnny. I don't think they all riot together in a hot car. I think the rest will meet him. I'll pull in the phone. We've got a few more squads on the job, and CLO's around downtown.
Speaker 4: Maybe we can spot that chubby all right, step lively. Boys, we go in, We get in, we get out.
Speaker 5: Waste no time, he said red.
Speaker 1: I'm set.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sad.
Speaker 1: Okay, give you handle your man. I'll clean the boil.
Speaker 2: Keep your eyes open.
Speaker 4: This is the place.
Speaker 2: Boys looks nice. Hello there, Well, how are you today?
Speaker 4: Fine?
Speaker 2: I uh think I'll take that watch I was looking at. Oh yes, that's a fine watch.
Speaker 1: I brought our friends over to see it. Right here we are, solid old case twenty one jewel Swiss movement beauty, Anna Barton, how do you like it as well?
Speaker 4: I kind of like one myself. I can show you something similar some other time. I tell you what I'd like to do.
Speaker 1: I'd like to put a deposit on it and pick it up next Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of short. How much of a deposit did you have in mind? Oh, say, twenty five dollars? Well, I think that'd be all right.
Speaker 1: Let me check with the boss, mister Burgess. Not watch all right front, please.
Speaker 2: Mister Burgess.
Speaker 1: Watch is guaranteed, isn't it absolutely guaranteed?
Speaker 4: If anything goes wrong with it, just bring it in.
Speaker 1: But you must remember, a fine watch is a delicate piece of machinery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, yes, I help you, miss Burgess. This gentleman would like to leave a twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Deposit on the watch and pick it up on Monday.
Speaker 4: Now you do alone?
Speaker 2: Hi, nice place you got here?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that'll be perfectly all right.
Speaker 2: All we had okay?
Speaker 3: Do is?
Speaker 2: You're told?
Speaker 4: And you won't get hurt?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: Why still? All right? Lock the door?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got you going around? Boys?
Speaker 2: Keep yeah, come on, I just don't try to be heroes and.
Speaker 4: You won't get hurt. All we want? Hey, you me, you'll move away from there? Yes, all right, hey, boys, come here and have a look.
Speaker 2: What's the trouble.
Speaker 1: We gotta move. There's a bug right under the counter. This guy was standing not six inches from it.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not me?
Speaker 2: Why do you move over there?
Speaker 1: All right? You?
Speaker 4: Did you hit the alarm button?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know I didn't tout you too. Sure, I'm positive for sure had his chair. Now tell me the truth.
Speaker 1: If any cops come storming in here, I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 4: I swear.
Speaker 2: Did you hit that button?
Speaker 4: No I didn't, I'll kill You're smart?
Speaker 1: All right, boys, get him tied up. By the time you finish, I'll have the ball clean.
Speaker 5: You covered a lot of blocks, rick, don't look good to me.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll take one more turn around it.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, but.
Speaker 1: There's a Chevy park up there next to the alley.
Speaker 4: That's the baby. Nobody with it.
Speaker 5: It must be inside some place.
Speaker 2: Hold it General.
Speaker 1: Cars four, five and six, the jewry office thirty four billys.
Speaker 4: The lime is ringing that SI.
Speaker 1: Let's go the jewelry office, third floor to.
Speaker 4: Our billy that's in the middle of the block.
Speaker 1: Let's get them.
Speaker 4: How you doing, boys, I'll be tired in a minute. I don't know what you fellas expect to get up, make it good and tight.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at this cock's coming in a hall.
Speaker 4: Why you you hit that buck?
Speaker 1: Didn't you?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: Get up here?
Speaker 4: They come? Hit up? Go on, get up all right, hold it up there. Counsel them, get it the alarm by mistake. Tell them what customers, Tell them what was a mistake.
Speaker 1: Hey, they're breaking then watch it.
Speaker 4: Get your hands up. Covers rock killing this guy.
Speaker 5: And don't cop those guns.
Speaker 1: Police officers, get up, Let go, baby gun, let me go, cropper.
Speaker 5: Get your hands up.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't shoot. Get those hands up, all right, don't shoot, get them up. You turn that man loose, all right, take it easy.
Speaker 4: You are right, mister he is? I think so Jack is tied up over there, go look at him. Yes, i'd better it's all right Jack.
Speaker 1: It's all right early, you bumps hurt. They all look okay to me, Rick, I'll sit down there, all of you listen, dead, sit down, what a mess.
Speaker 2: I don't cry. I won't be any good wine.
Speaker 1: Sure plenty of truth in that. And now we're going to take a little inventory. Let's see what we got here.
Speaker 5: They're not such a tough looking Bunchyah they Rick.
Speaker 1: No, not now, they're not take the guns away and They're just a bunch of crumbs, just plaining crumbs that gang Buster's Listeners was how this gang of hold up artists and killers was captured in the act of committing a robbery after a terrific struggle and gun battle. All were tried in the Circuit Court at Saint Louis, Missouri and convicted. They are now in the Missouri State Penitentiary at Jefferson City in execution of their sentences. Thank you Circuit Attorney Edward elldud of Saint Louis, Missouri. Now Gangbuster's Nationwide Clothes broadcast every week is a public service to assist American police in their war against the underworld. Attention all citizens be on the lookout for Clarence Dye, wanted by the FBI for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution for armed robbery. Listen carefully to his official description. Clarence Dye, alias Jack age forty three, five feet ten inches, one hundred and forty pounds, medium build, brown hair, blue eyes, fair complexion. May seek work as a wilder or cook.
Speaker 5: This man has scars over his left eyebrow, a blue scar over his right now an attacked tool of initials C. D.
Speaker 1: On his right forum caution, Die is probably armed and should be considered extremely dangerous. He reportedly has stated that he will not be taken into custody alive and will attempt to kill any officer arresting him. Attention all citizens maintained vigilance for Edwin Sandford Garrison, wanted by the FBI for a unlawful flight to avoid confinement for the crimes of burglary and robbery. If you have any information concerning these fugitives, notify your local police, the nearest office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or Gangbusters at Once. Tonight's Gangbuster's Case was dramatized by Stanley Niss and directed by Leonard L. Bass, with Mason Adams, Amzi Strickland, and Eric Wrestler in leading roles. The entire production was supervised for CBS Radio by John Ives gay Lord Avery Speaking Tomorrow Night, Eve Varden raps for attention and the Merryment's on again at Dear Old Madison High. Yes She's back, e Varden as our Miss Brooks funnier than ever before with the help of Bashful Boyton, her biology teaching heart throb Missus Davis. Eve's pixelated Landlady Osgod Conklin, the terrible tempered Principle, and the rest of the riotous gang. Remember class convenes with our Miss Brooks tomorrow night. On most of these same CBS radio stations. Be sure to beat the school bell to your seats you hear America's favorite shows on the CBS Radio networks.