Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Costin's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, Dan Watkins, thank you very much. My name is Dan Ray, and I am back in my regular Monday night chair every weeknight here on WBC Nights Time with Dan Ray. I've just come back from vacation in a very relaxed mood. There's no such thing as a bad vacation, There's no doubt about that. I want to thank again Gary Tangway, who sat in for me all last week five nights, as well as my producer Lady Lightning aka Maria McKinnon, who produced four nights in Karen Will Semi one. So it's always great to have some backups so you can and also regular staff so you can take a few days off and realize that the show will go on and everybody will all will be right with the world. Well, all is not right with the world in terms of a case that is currently wasn't one of the State Supreme Court today. Now, I don't know how many of you remember this case. It was a very high profile case. It was brought by the US Attorney's Office against twenty eight individuals who are alleged to have been customers at a very high end brothel. This brothel and its brothels were operating in three locase was operating in three locations, a couple of locations I guess outside of Washington, d C. What they did was they rented condominiums in relatively high end buildings. And this was run by three individuals, two of whom apparently are about to plead guilty for running this now again. The indictments came down last November, so it's ten months now, And of course, in those situations, sometimes people decide it is better to lead early and get a matter settled and maybe maybe be treated more favorably or less harshly by the prosecution by showing some cooperation. So two of the three people who are alleged to have run this again brothel scheme or whatever prostitution ring have already indicated that they want to change their place. And obviously all of them pled not guilty at arraignments last year. But that is not what the case is about. Today in front of the State Supreme Court, let me sort of give you an idea. This is US Attornity attorney for Massachusetts, Joshua Levy, who last on November announced the indictments, and Rob, I'm going to ask you to play cut number twenty seven. This is US Attorney Joshua Levy, a very high profile case, and he talked about the apparently this group kept very specific information about the customers and apparently almost they had to qualify the customers to make sure that they had the financial wherewithal to You know, it was not your run of the mill street prostitution situation. This was high end. As I think this sound bite from US Attorney Levy will persuade you. Cut twenty seven. Roum.
Speaker 3: They are doctors, they are lawyers, their accountants, they're elected officials, they are executives at high tech companies and pharmaceutical companies, they're military officers.
Speaker 1: No one is above the law.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter where you live, doesn't matter what your job is, how much money you have. Engaging commercial sex rings as a legend's indictment is illegal.
Speaker 2: So in this particular instance, the US Attorneys Office is not only looking to prosecute, but there is now a question about obviously, if they prosecute, they will name the individual defendants, the patrons of this ring, and there is what the problem that the court was looking at today, there has been again some stories written about it in the Globe. I guess it was on Saturday or it was there was at least a story that was probably in Sunday's paper now that I think about it, which I did not receive until late The alleged, according to Sean Cotter's piece in the Sunday Globe, the alleged head of an interstate brothel network, I mean, this was big money, big money that catered to the rich and welcome, acted in Cambridge and Watertown, is planning to plead guilty later this month, according to court documents. And by the way, I don't know, they're referring to the location of the brothels, not necessarily to the clients. Han Hannah Lee, forty one, of Cambridge, intends to enter a guilty plea as to the charge is lodged against her, according to the court documents filed on Tuesday. This according to the Globe, as they said Sean Catter five point thirty seven, it hit their web page, the Globe website at five point thirty seven on Saturday night. That is scheduled for next week, two days after Han Lee filed for her hearing one of her alleged top lieutenants, Jimmy Jung Lee thirty one A. Denham, asked for a change of plea hearing as well. Court documents did not elaborate further on the specifics, but set in October first hearing date. According to records, both had pled had pleaded not guilty. The brothel bus last November dominated the headlines after the public learned the rings client list included again elected officials, government contractors with security clearances, military officers, and professors. According to federal authorities, The list of hundreds of men who bought sex at the brothels, which were in luxury apartments in Cambridge, Watertown and the suburbs of Washington, d C. Was not released by law enforcement officials, prompting intense speculation about the alleged client's identities. The sloature in the federal and state justice systems has provided a few answers since the bust. Twenty eight men currently face state charges of buying sex at the brothels, but their names remained shielded as the state's top court is due to hear their arguments on Monday. About whether their initial hearings will take place behind closed doors so that was the subject of the case. Now, according to the lob article, advocates are told the Globe this case highlights the harsh realities of an industry where women are isolated and exploited by well off men who have the means to fight for secrecy. None of the women selling the sex of these brothels has been charged. Authorities said they are the victims shuttled from brothel to brothel and city to city. So that is what we are talking about. Now. There's a third indictment who defendant who has been named accused of operating the brothels, James Lee, sixty nine of California, the third person charged with operating the network. None of the Lees of the last names of the same are related. The brothel bust made national headlines, driven by Acting US Attorney Joshua Levy's announcement last November detailing the high socioeconomic statuses of the men on the list. Levi's prosecutors described an elaborate and sophisticated network, with the Lees, meaning the owners of the brothel required the patrons the customers to provide extensive documentation. The Lee's intensive verification processes meant that clients. Clients had to identify their employers and provide references. According to court filings, customers were charged up to six hundred dollars an hour and in some cases purchased monthly membership. In December, local authorities saw charges against twenty eight alleged clients. The charges were filed in state court because buying sex generally is not a federal crime, so that sets the stage. The names of those charge did not become public. The alleged crimes are misdemeanors, and police are filing charges after the facts, so the men first get summoned to private show cause hearings. They weren't caught in the act. It's like when a police officer is told that you've done something. These I'm sure these these lists and these documents in these records that the runners of the people who rid the brothel kept. They summoned to private show cause hearings before clerk magistrates. These hearings typically take place out of view theist and magistrate finds probable cause against any of the men, than the charges for those men would advance and their identities would become public. So that's the issue here at this point, that is the issue. In December, the Cambridge District Court Clerk Magistrate ruled that the initial hearings should be open to the public, but after a flurry of appeals by eighteen of the men, the hearings remain paused and the men's name secret until the SJC decision argument today, and we can play some of that for you as well. But what more importantly I'd like to do is open up these phone lines. We welcome phone calls here on night side. As I think you know, on whatever side of this issue you're concerned about, and if you feel the identities of these high placed men of influence, who again were paying up to six hundred dollars an hour, if you think that their privacy interest outweighs the public's right to know, love to hear from you. If conversely, you think that the public's right to know is more important than any privacy rights. Interesting question. I do recall that several years ago there were individuals who would be busted by police officers in Boston, by undercover police officers, so busted in the act of solescing street sex. I guess it would be you know, not what you call six hundred dollars an hour activity and those individuals were arrested by undercover police officers and they were booked, fingerprinted in their photographs were released, and I think the Herald used to run those pictures fairly frequently. So this is an interesting topic that the balance between the privacy of individuals who obviously are doing something is illegal versus the public right to know and what impact it will have on the lives of any and all involved. The number remains six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Those are the two lines that are open. My lines are wide open. Love to know what you think we'd we're Obviously everyone should be sympathetic to the women sex workers, because many of them are brought here, if not against their will, under false pretenses, and then they are basically forced to participate, and they have not been charged. But where does the interest lie public interest, in your opinion, in the names and identities of these individuals or are their privacy rights paramount six one seven thirty, six one, seven, nine thirty. Coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Bent to Dan Way live from the Window World to night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio and I.
Speaker 2: Want to remind all of you that here on Night Side, we are a talk show, and we are a talk show that invites callers, whatever your point of view. And this is a fairly sensitive subject, certainly very sensitive for the twenty eight or so men, many of whom apparently have some stature within our community. You heard Joshua Levy's comment last November, and he's essentially making the point that hey, you do something like this, you have the potential to not only suffer the consequences, but suffer the public embarrassment. And again, the argument today at the State Supreme Court was the balance between the privacy of the jahns, if you will, and the public's right to know, love to know where you sit on it, where you stand on this six on seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Let me go first to John and Bosston. JOHNA glad to hear from you. Go right ahead, sir, how are you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hi? Good, good evening. Dan. There's something I'm hoping you might want to take on sometime, because you know, we should be adults about this. The only place in America where you can go see a woman. I don't mean you look out the windows in Nevada, not in Las Vegas, in certain counties and it works out well for all concerned. The women that are there are there on their own will, and the men that go there usually it's men. There have been some men working there. You're not going to be arrested. And the women have to get a license from the state, they have to pay taxes. We should have that here in Massachusetts. But the politicians I've talked to my state rep. They're all afraid. They don't have the testicular fortitude touch it. And you know, well, what.
Speaker 2: About you, John, what you're what you're talking about is the legalization of prostitution.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should be. It should be. I went to Sydney, Australia, and it was all since nineteen seventy nine. You go downtown the King's Cross Street, you'll see the places. I went in there and I went to see two women. Legally, I wasn't on there any try to be an arrest. I don't care what you say when you're talking about men. The beast. He's a beast with a suit and tie and shine shoes. I don't care what you say. And he wants to practice becoming a father you're not going to change that, and we have it going on all that.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting way. Well, that's an interesting way to put that. John. Let me just jump in here for a second. Once the practice be to become a to become a father, I've never heard that that that turned phrase before. I don't know if that's what you want to do. But well, I don't think he's practicing he become a father with you know, a woman of the evening. He might be doing that, practicing with his girlfriend or his wife, but I don't Well, you.
Speaker 4: Didn't have a wife.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: People people say, why didn't you go meet somebody? Well, look the guy, generally speaking, the guy doesn't have the looks, he doesn't have the charm, he doesn't have the age. After about thirty five or so, it's really tough to meet somebody. Women don't want sixty seven year old men unless they got a lot of money. When I was a young guy with doc here, it was easy. They'd be calling me up, come on over, I'll make a peach in a bubble. Bet. They don't do that anymore. I have broken the law on myself.
Speaker 2: God, John, you're blessed. I mean, I'm not sure if you, if you're bragging, are telling us the truth here. But so my question is this, Okay, I understand that you are going beyond the issue we're talking about tonight, which is whether or not these these men's I'm assuming you don't think that the identity of these men should be released to the public.
Speaker 4: Well, since it's illegal now, like any other crime, if you could be your name could be put out there for anything else, it should be. But you know, I think we should get on the bucket list and make it all legal. It's on my bucket list next year because I went to the State House and I went to the Common Building. I need seventy five thousand signatures for next year and I only got eight weeks to do it to get it on the ballot. I'm the Massachut's law sexual conduct for a fee a year in jail five hundred all five in to what your DNA if they want to convict you. But most judges usually don't want to send you away unless it's under age. And I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't know anybody in Massachusetts. I've never I should say this, I've never heard of anyone who did time, and I think that there is a growing understanding that a lot of women who find themselves in this practice, particularly if they are in some sort of an organized use the word brothel type situation where they probably are doing this because they have either made a deal that they would soon regret. Uh that there's there's a lot of sympathy and understanding for the women who are who find themselves and trapped in sex work. Now I know that there are something well, it's just another form of work, right, And I'm sure that that look you know that's doing they're doing that in Nevada. It's the political will of the people. I guess in those counties. The legislature must have said, hey.
Speaker 4: A decade going on there in Nevada.
Speaker 2: But but again, I don't think you're likely in your lifetime to avail yourself of those services. In Massachusetts. You may have to head back to Sydney or to Reno or wherever it is. In Nevada.
Speaker 4: No, not in Reno. They don't have it legal. But I mean we should be at Dougs. It should be on the ballot. The voters want to have it. The men that are being charge could open IM legal if pay taxes to the state. The women in Nevada have to see a doctor on a regular basis. They've had guys in there too. They have been something you can't even have guys you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's see what Let's see what others have to say.
Speaker 4: John, thanks you, and you know what state they have told me. But Joe McGonagall, he said you should go to Nevada once a year. He's telling me. I said, I gotta go two thousand miles away. Who should have that? Massachusetts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the sort of a condescending comment that he made to you about the.
Speaker 4: Year in marijuana. Well, we don't have legalis marijuana?
Speaker 2: Way that can I make a suggestion to you, John, if a state rep gave me that sort of off putting remark, you should go to Nevada, why don't you think about running against them? And I'm serious when I say that, because when when someone loses touch with their constituents, that they don't take their constituents serious seriously and make an offhanded, glib comment about a subject that obviously you feel strongly about take them on. I mean that seriously, because too many of these these men and women out there don't face a primary challenge, and therefore they they don't have to really take the concerns of their constituents as seriously as they should. That's a concern for you. I might disagree with you, but I certainly think that you raise it as a legitimate topic. I really do.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I ask all your listeners to look on Google back page, Boston back page, New York escorts massages.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, yeah, don't know. It's around, no question, no question. But look, that's the same.
Speaker 4: They should make money at it.
Speaker 2: We understand that, but that is also the same. Finish my comment, John, I'm on your side here a little bit, Okay, I'm trying to give you a break. What I'm saying is that there are people out there who want to make heroin legal, want to make fentoonyl legal, want to make you know, suicide legal. There's a lot of things that are illegal, including prostitution that some people have equally strong feelings on the other side. But maybe we'll do something on that at some point once we get through this election season and and and talk about this, uh, and see if we can get a couple of different points of view. You maybe have given me an idea, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Thanks money for the state. I hope you'll do a topic. Should prostitution be legalized in Massachusetts? It should? I got it.
Speaker 2: I think, I just I think I just told you I would. John. I thinks, as judges often say, counselor, you've won the argument here. If you keep talking, I might change my opinion. Thanks John, have a great night.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Bob here comes to news at the bottom of the hour six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty, six one seven, nine three one ten thirty If you'd like to about whether or not the names of these again apparently high powered, well placed men should remain private or whether they should be released to the public. That's the topic on the table. John has broadened the topic a little bit by talking about whether or not Massachusetts should follow the lead of I guess some areas, or I should say, I don't know what counties, but there are some counties in Nevada where prostitution is controlled, taxed, regulated, and legal. Joined the conversation six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one number one line there or six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty and I've remind my regular listeners. We are a talk show coming back from Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about an interesting case before the State Supreme Court today. It was argued you read about it in the newspapers tomorrow. Maybe you haven't heard about it. I've tried to explain it. Let's go to Sean and Brockton. Shawn, you are next on Nightside. Thanks for checking in on. How are you tonight?
Speaker 5: That's about you?
Speaker 2: Good? What's your take on this show? So? What what is more important? The privacy of these twenty eight customers, the public's interest in knowing who they are, particularly a view of what the US attorney said in terms of being high profile clients.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna come out from a different angle. First of all, the gentleman that called up prior to myself, I do just briefly, I want to touch on that, just real fast. I do agree with what he said as far as the whole legalization of it. Okay, Okay, that's the first thing. The second thing is we're talking about men that have that have stature military legal law enforcement, what what what have you? Okay, so they have stature. They're not gonna it's not gonna be easy for them to be for their name to be dragged to the mud so easily. They're gonna. They're gonna, they're gonna try to cut a deal with with the local with the local Ada, you know, where they have statute money, and they're gonna, they're gonna, they're gonna work out some sort of a deal so that they're they're not they're not blemished too much.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that because the the issue before the court today. And and again I understand what you're saying. There were there was a period of time and maybe you remember it several years ago when I think the Herald used to run pictures of UH men who were caught in Boston, particularly in the combat zone Sting operation. The difference there they were inter be people who nobody knew because they were UH. They often ended up talking to an undercover police officer, a female undercover police officer who they assumed was UH a lady of the evening and and and they were uh caught, you know, and arrested and in charge with solicitation of prostitution. And they're if they were fingerprinted, books, photographed, and though their pictures were released and their names were released, this is a little different because apparently none of these individuals, these high profile individuals, were caught during a bust or anything like that. But when the ring was broken up and the federal government got caught out, well, they had records that these individuals, apparently many of them, had to submit proof of who they were, who their employer was. I mean, what are they thinking when they're I mean, they're paying an extraordinary amount of money, six hundred dollars up to six hundred dollars an hour, and the people who are providing the service, not the women who themselves are victims, but the people who are running the brothel their cold heart.
Speaker 5: Editions, right, And I'm thinking that the reason why they had to provide all this information was just in case the owners of the managers or whoever you say the leads were running this. I don't know, I don't know, but whoever did not related?
Speaker 2: Three individuals not related, one guy from California and a couple from this area who were judge one day.
Speaker 5: Is that they But my point is that who the reason why they probably wanted all this information was so they could maybe using as leverage at the later time, if one of these people, these hiding end guys, decided to say, hey, if you don't help me out here with something, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna drop a time on ther whole operation. Yeah, well, we know who you are, so if you f with us.
Speaker 2: You know yeah, yeah, well yeah, I mean that might have been the motivation, or or maybe they wanted to make sure that the individuals who they were dealing with they knew exactly who they were dealing with, because they it was an expensive operation. Apparently these women were all put in high end condominiums. They were not what you call street workers. Uh. And I'm sure that the people who were running this brothel were people who had to put up a lot of money to rent condominiums, and they there was I just think to myself, if you're one of these guys, I mean, I assume you're probably giving him a credit card as opposed to the word I don't know. I mean, I'm serious. You know, you know, all of us have learned I think through the Internet that the fewer people that.
Speaker 5: Have yeah, never personal information out there.
Speaker 2: Well right for anything, I mean, uh, whenever everyone gets this, these solicitations these.
Speaker 5: Days anymore, which I never learned to navigate. But what of her?
Speaker 2: But it used to be, Remember it used to be the Nigerian prince was promising you five million dollars, but you just opened up and account with one hundred thousand dollars in.
Speaker 5: His knee outside fifty million back what you got it?
Speaker 4: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: So we all learned that. Okay, we all learned that. But these guys apparently felt that they were involved. I don't know, I kind of imagine what they were thinking. But that's that's the deal. So where do you come down on this? Should their names be made public? Should is there an interest in the public in knowing who these guys are? Who these men are?
Speaker 5: It goes back to we were talking just a moment ago about those those guys that were stunned in Boston several years ago. How was it handled with them?
Speaker 2: Well, most of them ended up and they because they again I just explaining the difference, because they were caught in the act, meaning not in the act of sexual activity, but in the act of solicitating what they thought were approst was hard, but they they were, they were they handed money over or whatever, and to to an undercover police officer. I mean, I'm sure the police officer was not wearing a uniform, but they were. They were. They were pretending to be, you know, a lady of the evening. And then once they did that, they were arrested. At that point, they booked, fingerprinted and photographed, and they're in court the next morning at an open arraignment. This these guys because their name showed up in a book. In theory, let's assume your name was somehow in that book. You know, I'm not suggesting it would have been sewn, don't get me wrong, But if somehow someone's name was similar to yours, there could be a case of some mistaken identity. It could be that someone used a different name. I mean, there are some arguments that lawyers can make and and would say, well, the only you don't have a sufficient evidence to charge them, although obviously the US Attorney's Office is going to disagree strongly with that, so we'll we'll. You know, look, I think it's an interesting issue. Where do you come down? Tell me? Should John obviously.
Speaker 5: Especially I'm really not sure on this one.
Speaker 2: Throw enough, Okay, that's that's always the best topic when people aren't sure. Hey, Sean, thank you, Carl, and I appreciate it. Nice to talk to you soon. All right, good night. All right, let me h if I get the right mouse here, I can if you could just say, yeah, here we go, we're going to take a quick break. I got Jane and Salem coming back. I'm looking forward to what Jane has to say very much, and I'd love to hear what you have to say. And again I'll remind you this is a talk show, and I invite people to call and express their opinions. Whatever their opinion is on this or any other subject, You're always welcome to call this show six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We will change topics at ten o'clock tonight. We're going to switch to your anticipation of what's going to happen tomorrow night, twenty four hours from now in Philadelphia, when Donald Trump and Kamala Harris are debating for what might be the only presidential debate of twenty twenty four. We're back on Nightside, hopefully with you and some other callers right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Raydy Mine from the window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones. Let's go to Jane in Salem, Massachusetts. Jane, I appreciate you calling in. You're next on Nightside. What do you think about this situation?
Speaker 6: Hello, Dan, thank you for taking the call. I have a couple of comments I'd like to make and feel free to respond. It's interesting human trafficking is a multi billion dollar industry in the world. Women are brought to where there are sporting events and things of that nature. Whenever there's a big sporting event, keep that in mind. But also, someone made the comment, I think it was you. People are paying extraordinary amounts of money. I'm going to comment that's whether it's your daughter, my daughter, or it's somebody's daughter. Six hundred dollars is not an extraordinary amount of money if you think about what's going on. And we had that one high pro profile case where while they pay one hundred dollars and you know of what I speak, but I am going to comment that a lot of these people.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jane, I'm not sure realizing this is family programming here, I'm not sure of what you mean about one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: I mean, well, let me let me. I'll realize it's a family program. So let's just say that most women or people's daughters don't grow up saying gee, I can't wait to make fifty or one hundred dollars to give a particular sex back to all day long to seventy year old in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yep, I got it.
Speaker 6: You with me, okay. And these are these well placed, high powered people. It's funny that the two gentlemen you spoke to everybody kind of chuckles like it's locker room talk. This is somebody's person, and it is. I went to haved I didn't go to Havard to school, but within the last five or ten years I went to see a viewing of a movie called Trafficked. I think it's like a documentary. It's a huge problem. I'm not sure these people. So in relation to the very specifics of this case, I read the police log every day, as I'm sure you do. People's names are in there every day. I think the facts of this is different based on what you said in terms of the sjac case and what they'll say. But it's a huge problem on so many levels because it's not a lot of money. The people who are buying these services, they have very wealthy individuals, and I'm sorry, six hundred dollars is what they'd pay to go out to dinner, right.
Speaker 2: I do want to the point the point I was trying to make it. I don't want to over emphasize this point or or under emphasized the point six hundred dollars. In order to have that money to spend you have to be a person of some substance. I mean you can, I guess spend six d Isn't that concerning?
Speaker 6: So let me say these are from what we know, although we don't know who the people are. They're supposedly responsible, respected adults in the community.
Speaker 2: Give did you hear earliest hour? The US attorney josh Joshua Levy when this indictment was announced last last November, he categorized all the different type of people who were involved in this, and there were doctors and lawyers, elected public officials, according to him, military officers.
Speaker 6: I mean that to you, Dan Well.
Speaker 2: I think the fact that that he mentioned that it was intended to make the point that these are people in positions of power.
Speaker 6: In his power right and there's a real imbalance of power. The other thing is these folks may be going home to their families with sdds and not let you know it is. It's just much more complicated than the chuckle haha. This is you know what men do?
Speaker 2: Well? Well, what with John? To defend John from Boston? When he called, he was essentially saying, it's that in his opinion, And again you and I don't have to agree and necessarily disagree with.
Speaker 6: His I certainly don't need to defend John from Boston. I will say before I feel that, I will forget it was a judge in Boston. Hold on one second, because I'm going to forget this one Tom, I mean John, go ahead, Just hang on a second, Dan, There was a judge in Boston. It was a female judge, and she used to not charge the sex workers that were brought in unless the John's were also brought in. So I think she's since retired. But that's the deal, you know. It's uh, and this is different set of facts. I think you're just saying, this is a list that was on some who would give a credit card to this. This is the kind of transaction you probably should pay cash.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I the point.
Speaker 2: That I was trying to make you alluded to the fellow John from Boston, and again not a John from Boston and a gentleman whose name was John, and he was advocating. He basically took this story and said, look, in his opinion, prostitution should be legalized, that it should be that it should be a business, that there should be taxes are charged, that that women who were involved in the trade should be certified. And you know, his his his position was to kind of get people who are running a brothel like this. I mean, if if I don't agree with him, but but you I don't suspect. I don't suspect that in Nevada, where there's a tax element to the to the trade, that anybody's out there opening up unregistered, unlicensed, unauthorized brothels in Nevada.
Speaker 6: And I think I'm going to suggest, I'm going to suggest Dan that you do some research on human trafficking. It is a multi billion dollar business and people aren't volunteerily.
Speaker 2: I'm not an expert on it, Jane. Sounds to me like you might be an expert, but.
Speaker 6: I'm going to have a little bit of information. But it's not a job that anybody would say, Oh great, I'd like to go do this particular thing, giving a sex act of ten seven year old men a day. That's something I want to do as a career. I mean, well, think about it that I think.
Speaker 2: That I understand the point you're making. But I can tell you that there that there are people in every every industry, even industries that you and I might not ever want to be associated with, who will say, look, I don't mind doing this, or I mean that's there are.
Speaker 6: You know, there's some research on human trafficking. It's not a whole bunch of people volunteering. It's people that It really is more.
Speaker 2: You know, Jane, you don't have to it's huge.
Speaker 6: It's a huge indult.
Speaker 2: I understand the difference.
Speaker 6: It was not meant as an insult at all.
Speaker 2: Dan, Well, thank you for that. It's it sounded that way. Well, feel free anytime, You're welcome. Thank you very much, No problem. Okay, gee, call end that way, because again I am aware of human trafficking. It sounds to me like Jane has immersed herself in the in the problem. You cannot be an intelligent human human being and not understand what I would have said to Jane is that you cannot be an intelligent, rational human being in the twenty first century and and have an IQ of of you know, normal levels and not understand that, Yes, human trafficking is a curve. It's occurring in our country, it's occurring in other countries, it's occurring. Probably it is a worldwide phenomenon. I think the argument is that, you know, prostitution is the world's oldest profession. I was just in Italy at the ruins of Pompeii, which was destroyed in seventy nine a d. And the ruins which have been rediscovered after all these years in seventeen forty eight and now have been brought back to life. There were rooms there was prostitution going on at Pompeii in seventy nine a d. And you actually they showed us these rooms that you know, they obviously were, you know, long ago, where men and I guess women as well could pick what type of favor they what sort of activity they want to engage in. So, yeah, I'm not a mabe in the woods. I'm not naive, and I think that we had an interesting discussion about it, but we'll end it there and I will tell you here comes the news, and we come back when we talk about a big event tomorrow night that has immense relevance to all of us. What might be the only presidential debate in the twenty twenty twenty four cycle, the twenty twenty four cycle, between former President Trump and the current Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris back on Night's side right after the ten