Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny. Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning.
Speaker 2: So here we are.
Speaker 3: It's time for another Destiny podcast, you know, and we haven't had enough talk or any talk on our animals or pets, and today we are bringing in an expert, a person who has a good understanding of indigenous care of animals and the symbionic relationship that is or actually comes when you have a domestic animal living with you, a cat, a dog, a horse, parakeet, whatever. But today we're talking mostly about dogs. And I've got an affinity for dogs since i was a kid, and I I've always felt that there was something that was very important about having an animal live with you and for you to care for them and for them to connect with you on a lot of different levels. And for me, having a dog is very very important, and they become not only a part of the family, but they're an important integral part of the family dynamic where the kids go, where you go, the dog goes.
Speaker 2: And you know, they don't eat your food.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to feed your dogs scraps, but people do. They have their own metabolism physiology that has to have a certain type of food and meat and grains and vitamins and so forth and so on. If you have a dog, you know what I'm talking about. You try to feed them the good stuff so that they're healthy, wealthy, and they can live a good, healthy life.
Speaker 2: But one of the things that's.
Speaker 3: Been interesting for me is when I learn about people who will take in a dog and not consider them a part of the family, and simply because they've grown tired of the animal, or the animal acts up and they can't deal with it, they will turn it into the local dog pound. And not only is this a terrible thing to do, and I see it a lot here in northern California, in the Bay Area where there's a heavy heavy population, people just don't know enough about animals that they're just not trained. It's almost like before you have a dog, you should go through a class of some kind to understand the emotions behind having an animal, learn how to train an animal, and also how to select a dog. When you go to the pound to get a dog, a rescue dog. And I've had all most of my life, I've had nothing but rescue dogs. Some of them are abandoned, a lot of them are just puppies from a litter, that that the owner couldn't deal with, and they're wonderful. I've had wonderful, wonderful dogs. But if you and this doesn't happen too much at all, when you are.
Speaker 2: About to adopt a dog or.
Speaker 3: Any animal, you should be given a test to see if you have the fortitude, the emotions, the war with the wherewithal to train, to look after and understand the dynamics of having a pen in your home. Because when I see an animal that's been returned to the pound or given up because a family's moving away to another city or it's not working out, you know that's that's a child that is an important part of the family dynamic that you're giving up. You shouldn't have gotten an animal in the first place. If you're taking it back, that's not a I mean, do you have a child. Do you birth a child and the child acts up and you're just gonna return it to the hospital. That's the same kind of thing we see when someone returns an animal, a dog to the shelter or to the SPCA or wherever where they purchase the animal. And I think it's atrocious. I think it's it's sad, but also it shows a poor responsibility. If you are adopting a dog or any animal, a cat, you should understand that this is a dynamic of your family. And you don't just return the animal just because you don't have a good feeling or the dog acts up. You know, it's an animal, it's a part of the family. And we're gonna learn a little bit about that today with my guests. And so that's my two cents about adoption. When you're gonna get an animal, be prepared and remember this is an important dynamic. It's an important part of your family. It's your child. Your animal is your child. I see this for the most part in a very positive fashion. My family brothers all have animals, and they understand that this is a child. It can be an expensive child. And I have to admit that I've had cats in the past. My most recent cat passed away a couple of years ago, and towards the end it was costing tremendous amounts of I mean, vet bills can be extraordinarily high. And I have a brother who had a hasit arrier right now who's gone through multiple surgeries for hip issues, for various health crises. He's spent tens of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: But this dog is.
Speaker 3: An important contributor, important dynamic to the family, and there's unseen energetics. There is heart centered, brain centered connections that are going on. You don't dispose of the animal unless it's just a great deal of pain and whatsoever. It's important to treat the child. Excuse me, you treat the dog as a child, as an important member of the family, or not even a child, an important contributor. The animal is an important contributor. So the program today is a good one because we are learning about the ancestral history of animals, most notably dogs, and we have a person who is sensitive and has come up with the archetypes for different dog personalities. And what you're going to enjoy about this show today is the fact that you can take this information. You can take the test in the book and you can determine where your dog is, which archetype the dog is, and there's five archetypes. These are Chinese medicine archetypes that our guest today has assigned to these different dogs. And it has nothing to do and this is an interesting point that I discovered. It has nothing to do with the breed. It has to do with the dog's personality.
Speaker 2: And that's I love that.
Speaker 3: When I learned that today, I was like, that's fantastic, because we always think certain breeds are hyper, certain breeds are more subdued. Some are good attack some are good guard dogs, some are good lap dogs. Some are good for certain family types, others are not so much, and so on and so forth. It's like anything else. It's like having a kid, a family dynamic, a child in your family that has a special personality. And I really appreciate animals. I don't have an animal at this time because I'm just moving around too much. I really would like to get another dog, but I was heartbroken. My girlfriend just lost her lab of like I think eighteen years or something. And she's like, you know, you go through the heartache. Some people take, you know, more than a year to get over it. She has no interest in getting a dog at all. But when she walks by and we're together and she walks by a dog, she stops and looks at him and goes, oh, that's all I can tell. I can tell she's ready for uh, she's ready for getting ready for another family member. So today's program is know your dog's true nature, understanding canine personality through the five Elements. And my guest is Elizabeth Ann Johnson. You probably hear about all these amazing locations, these ancient sites we visit on Earth, Ancient Sand, here on Destiny, but I gotta tell you there's nothing like being there in person. And we have a number of tours that we schedule every year, some in far lands like Turkey and Egypt, but some are closer to home, like Mexico. And we have a great tour coming up in November, the Sacred Maya Temples of the Yucatan. It's November eighth through the seventeenth of this year, one week of intense exploration.
Speaker 2: This tour is designed for those of you who.
Speaker 3: Really want to connect with these ancient places, feel an affinity to the Maya, and just want to see a close and personal what a pyramid looks like, what it feels like, how you connect with them in the Tolleric Energy. For more information on our upcoming tour, go to Earth Ancients dot com, forward Slash Tours and look for the banner to Mexico. Got to tell you this is gonna be a good one. We're going to be going to Ushmol, Cichenitza, Lobna Sayil, and every place we go to. You can connect by sitting, by meditating, by connecting with these sacred locations. And there's nothing like climbing to Mayan pyramid and sitting at the very top and getting bathed in this wonderful energy. Again, come out and join us. It's November eighth through the seventeenth of this year. Go to Earthacients dot com, forward slash tours and get all the information.
Speaker 2: We all have animals.
Speaker 3: We all have dogs and cats, at least I do, and I have always loved my animals. But there's different dimensions of having pets in our home. And my guest today has taken a look at animals through what I consider a shamanistic approach, which is the archetypes, the inner dimensions of a pet, how we communicate, how to better communicate in a new book that she has written called Know Your Dog's True Nature Understanding Canine Personality through the Five Elements. And my guest today is Elizabeth Ann Johnson, and she is a former veterinarian, technician, wildlife biologist and rehabilitator and holistic animal healer with over thirty years of experience. She works with companions, sports and aging dogs in her four Legged Wisdom and Wellness practice, and teaches with her wildlife veterinarian husband through their organization called Global Wildlife Resources. That's a lot to buy it, Auntor, but you can tell obviously that she is very much tuned into the animal world.
Speaker 2: So Elizabeth, welcome to Destiny. Great to have you on the program.
Speaker 1: It's great to be here, Cliff, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: We spoke just before we started about the dimensions of archetypes and it kind of falling in parallel with shamanic teachings, wisdom and work. Would you say that you have kind of tapped into that in a way as a practitioner, that you are leaving the traditional veterinarian my animal wellness point of view and looking at the pet the pets that we have, most notably dogs, from a deeper level earth based practice.
Speaker 1: Yes, Cliff, you know, I think I tapped into that at birth ac really, so it's been a long time, but I was always deeply connected to the animals, and you know, there's there's a lot of wonderful labels out there now for animal communicators. And and things like that, and you know, I think I just grew up as one of those and I have I'm very much an EmPATH and and can feel all the vibrations that come off of animals and people and you know, illness and wellness, and so it's it's just the world that I walk in. I wanted to create this book, uh so that some of this ancient magic that our indigenous culture of Chinese medicine created so early on. And and I really feel like all indigenous cultures started with a nature based theme because that's what they had to work with for medicine. And so the Chinese did that as well, and they created this really incredible moving part system for the five element theory. And when I discovered that, so my journey was yes, a vet tech and then started my healing practice with modalities thirty five years ago that were human modalities and I was transferring them into the animal world. And there was a small handful of us in the United States and I'm sure others around the world that were actually doing that similar thing, but it wasn't mainstream. So now it's much more mainstream where you can get wonderful healers in whatever aspect people want to see for animals as well as humans. So that's a beautiful piece of it is it's really grown and expanded.
Speaker 3: I like how you refer to the indigenous traditions if there are with animals, and we know that the dog companion dog was big with a lot of different indigenous people here in the United States. Would you say you have a special affinity with dogs.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think I do. I have a special affinity with nearly all animals. I just really feel that I'm nondiscretionary, but I do, you know, we do live closely with dogs, and I've had gosh, I've had at least seventeen dogs all rescues in my life and two more now, so I guess that would add up to clubs to nineteen, I think. And so I just you know, I'm a pack person. I like to have my pack, and I like all the dynamic and interesting socialness or non socialness of who each one has, because they are the five elements to pick set so well, and it really gives us a lot of really solid tools for gauging who the animal is and why they do what they do. And that's always fascinated me. I often think if I had taken another track, it would have been you know, animal behavior. But I really don't like statistics. I don't believe in those sometimes, and so so I really ended up just you know, doing the work and learning a lot and having a lot of people touched by the five element lens. It was interesting. Quick story is when I was working with it. At first, you know, i'd have a new client and I would take a really good history with behaviors and per personalities and all sorts of whatever else the owner felt like they needed to share with me of an animal. And then at the end I would I'd be palpating the animal, working with the body too, and all the vibrational aspects and energy field, and I would send the owner home with a depiction of what I thought that that animal was as an element, as a in the five element theory element and archetype. And I had the funniest thing happen. I remember the first one, and then there were so many after that where people would come to the next visit the recheck and they would say, oh my god, I finally understand my husband. I know who he is. He's a wood element or he's a metal element. And I get it now, And they were so relieved that they had an archetypal system that they could understand, and the understanding makes the world go around. I can't believe that they could understand it and they could take that into their relationship with their spouse, with family members, with co workers, with neighbors, you know, and they could see that with people, and it was this sort of fun life game for them, you know, in a way. And you know, not everyone latched onto it, but many did because you know, it created empathy in their hearts and it created some acceptance. Even if you couldn't accept certain behaviors, you can accept the person now for doing those behaviors.
Speaker 3: So like that analogy where you can actually transfer the five elements of the five archetypes as you call them, onto the to the humans in your life and perhaps get a sense of where they're coming from, why they incarnated in this lifetime, and how they relate to you.
Speaker 2: And that's a huge advantage.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's actually the second half of the book has a lot of information about human than their elements and quizzes for that, and then it has the last piece of it is weaving the relationships together and when we have challenges within the relationships, how do we deal with them?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And so it's it was a really important journey for me to touch that, you know, from thirty five years ago, the first person saying that, to finally writing the book and saying this can make the world a better place. I'm teaming up with animals to make the world a better place. And that's all I wanted from a child, was to be able to do that, you know. And so so now I have gray hair and I actually am doing it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you're the wisdom keeper. It's great.
Speaker 1: I'm a wisdom keeper. That's right about.
Speaker 3: If you can't just briefly how you believe native or indigenous people worked with their animal allies, perhaps the dogs and so on, and how important you think because we can look at ourselves today and perhaps we've evolved from that pattern of communication.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I think that I can't truly speak for the Chinese and how they were with their animals. I've always tried to discover that, but I do know they understood them to be sentient beings that had emotions and behaviors just like us. And we know dogs are certainly that way. Because they've you know, they made the long journey of domestication right beside us, you know, And I write about that in the last chapter of the book, and and other places where my writings have been where we you know, we were someone was sitting by a fire and along many many many moons ago, and a dog finally came up to them' a wolf and and and became a partner in feeding and you know, birthing and all of that, and so so I actually have had visions of that in my life where I've seen that, and I've seen myself way back then in shamanic journeys as well as as one of those people that connected with the animals so early. So so I think that there was a lot of fear surrounding it. But I think the ones with the hearts that were maybe a little more open and a little less fear based were the ones that really made that connection in the dog world. And I think, you know, I love our Native American indigenous cultures have been really profoundly integrated with nature and each animal. And I love that. You know, if I see I have my medicine, as I've been told by many shamans, is I have a lot of animal medicine, but I have an eagle and a humming bird, and they and they laugh because they always say, oh, the biggest bird and the smallest bird. You know, that's pretty amazing. And so I really resonate with eagles and hummingbirds and you know, and deer and some of my other medicines. Wolf is one of my medicines. Bears, my shamanic guide. He's always coming into my dreams. And every time I have dreams about with Bear, something changes in my life and it's directly in that dream. So so I think when we when we can have a foot in both worlds, we can help humans that don't merely maybe walk in those worlds understand. And that was the goal with the book, was to try to keep a foot somewhat in both worlds. And and when for the ones that you know are open and more more integrated with you know, shamanism or any healing cultures, then I think they just they just get it. You know, it's easy. And I think it's all the journey for all of us, because there's so many of us on this planet that that have walk a different road and take a different step, you know, and some walk backwards and some walk forwards, and so so trying to integrate that my next my next book, I one of them is going to be my dog is an EmPATH, and I think that one will have a lot more.
Speaker 2: Of as a good one.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, more freedom for stepping into some of those other spaces. Especially.
Speaker 2: Do you think animals have a soul? Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, talk about that.
Speaker 3: Feeling, because that's part of this whole idea of this book. I think you don't really present it with a great deal of detail, But a lot of people think that animals have no soul, and so they can be cruel and and I think some people just have a I don't like animals and they are uh you know.
Speaker 2: Punish them.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's that is a very important thing that's out there. To try to always shave off the edges of that, you know, it's it's pretty difficult. The I do believe they have souls. I quite know it because I have. I'm a real prolific dreamer, and I have animals visiting me after they pass all the time, and I have animals alive visiting me as well. And I think you know that sort of travel is it's not linear it's it's akin to soul travel and spirit travel. And and you know, I have I have dogs or horses that I see and they will come into a dream and they'll say, where have you been, you know, and I go, oh, I haven't seen this one for a while. And the next day, the very next day, their mom usually it's women calling their mom calls and says, oh, can you come see so and so? You know, and so, it's a there is a whole system out there, as we all know that, well most of us know that you can communicate with all of all of that and so, and I believe, I believe there's a solid soul and even you know, a mouse that gets in your house, you know. So, And I think having my hands on literally probably tens of thousands of animals and all different species, and you know, hearing the heartbeat of you know, a lion or a gorilla or it's just an incredible experience. And when you when you have experienced those, you can't not believe there's a soul in there, you know, It's it's really amazing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm glad to hear that. I believe animals have a soul. I've had many many animals, and they're just when they come into your life, they're just so unique and so helpful. We don't even realize how healing animals are. And so this is this book is wonderful.
Speaker 2: Talk about what.
Speaker 3: Inspired you to develop this five element or five archetype program. You give us a little hint of it. When you were younger, maybe your shamanic journey, your metaphysical esoteric work brought this up at some level in your life and you said or you felt that maybe this can apply to animals. When was that aha moment when you were working with this you do?
Speaker 1: That was somewhere in my probably my early twenties, and so I just really I was actually working in an office for just a little while with a chiropractor as a medical assistant and a nature path. He was married to a nature path and that was his wife, and so she was in the in the program too, or excuse me, in the office, and so she really I had grown up not really with holistic but with a lot of I grew up on the East Coast, so you know, a family lineage of very powerful people, meaning powerful in the spirit world and all of that. So that was something that was a journey for me early on and made me highly sensitive as well. Helped really open up my sensitivity. But then when I started really having a career with animals, I brought that holistic medicine in from working in that office, and then I took classes here and there and learned you know, reiki and cranio, sacral therapy and all sorts of energy healing modalities, and I just paired them up with my physical medicine modalities, you know, the ones that were more mainstream, and I just dovetailed them and they will dovetail beautifully for the most part. I'm not big on pharmaceuticals, but I do feel there's a place for them sometimes. However, the rest of it is just, you know, a beautiful process. If you do the dance right and you're really conscious with every animal and they're humans, and the humans goals for the animal, and you're being an advocate as well for the animal, and that's a whole another thing to learn when you're doing healing work as advocacy for the animal, and how do you do that, How do you do that dance in a way that's effective and non non protective. Where do you place yourself in that you know, it can be tricky. So that was really some of my moments were having such success. I talked to my veterinarian when I was I don't know, I probably was twenty six, I guess twenty seven, and I said, I want to do healing work on animals. What do you think And he said, and he was an equine veterinarian, horse veterinarian, and he said do it. We need that and I said okay, And in three days I had a full time business. I mean three days literally my business.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm here in the area. And reiki.
Speaker 3: I've seen people do reiki on horses with great effect. And to see a horse respond to someone doing energy work is just it's amazing because people are like, oh, reiki, what are you talking about? But they're channeling this universal life force energy and the horse is like, give me this.
Speaker 1: Man, you're speaking my language. Yeah, that's what it feels like. They're saying to me. Oh, finally somebody you know, is.
Speaker 2: Like understands what I'm all about. I'm an energetic being. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Talk a bit about the first time you began applying these archetypes. Is there a can you remember a time where you had adopted this philosophy of archetypes, and you were with an animal, maybe at your own animal, and thought he's a fire a dog or maybe a water spirit in this animal. Talk about that because you will apply it in a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I I don't remember the first time, but I do remember distinctly. One of the courses I took was from a veterinarian acupuncturist and chiropractor, and he carry Ridgeway. He's pass he's passed on, but he was just a dynamic fire person. And and fire people are really social and animals they're super social and they like being adored, so they bring a lot of attention to themselves, just like fire and nature. You know, they're they're warm, and you want to go stand next to them kind of things, you know. And so so Carrie was a wonderful instructor. And I had studied with a couple of Chinese fellows and another couple of women, and I was getting my feet on the ground with it. But when Carrie just seated it all in for me, and I just sort of remember the day when the world sort of shook for me, and it like shook everything into place with the five element theory and and animals that I was working with. I I finally like saw the framework of each LM for specific animals. And then of course, driving home, I was I was typing my husband, I was typing, you know, everyone, classifying everyone I knew, and went, oh, that's why they do that, you know, that's always the response, that's why they do that. And in the last gosh, a couple of months doing the book launch, I have had numerous interviews, numerous numerous I can't even I've lost count. But most of the time when I'm explaining the archetypes, people that are on that have animals that are my my moderators or interviewers, they're either pointing at a picture behind them on their on the wall that's one of their dogs or a horse, or they're they're going, oh, that's my dog, that's you know, And sometimes it's one word. I did a live lecture a couple of weeks ago, and and I I was talking about the lack of sentimentality in the metal dog and how they don't really like being touched. They're very purposeful animal, and this woman just raised her hand with that's my dog, And I finally figured it out, Oh my god, you know, because every time she goes to give him a little kiss or something, he turns its head away and he just, you know, like, no, I don't really like that. I don't like you know, gushy sentimentality. That's not me. I'm this purposeful dog, you know.
Speaker 3: And I think it's wonderful that you're able to identify these behaviors because people really can touch base on a deeper level with their animals, and perhaps you can understand what's the purpose, why are they acting.
Speaker 2: In a certain way.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the five elements or archetypes, and if you can't briefly describe maybe the personality type that goes along with it, which you're starting to do right now. But give us the basics and then we'll carry on.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, first of all, what I usually start with is the fact that two things. One is this is a nature centric approach, and so I want everybody to think about when I'm describing the animal element archetype, I want you to think about the actual element in nature, what that element is in our world in nature. So that's gonna help. It's kind of a cheat sheet for you to remember some of the traits for the dogs. And the second thing is is that one of the things that the Chinese did with this nature based system is they made they brought in seasons. So we're gonna do a seasonal approach and we're going to go around a little cycle really quick. So the first season is spring, and spring is that time when everything is just busting out of the ground, the trees are getting their leaves, everything is full of potential. There's potential in the air. Right spring, We're all excited. The warm weather's coming and things are growing like crazy. And that's the wood element time, and the wood element dog is full of potential. They are we call them sometimes we call them the army sergeants. They are competitive, they're athletic, they're very fast learners. They love challenges, and movement is their medicine. And so I'm going to include a little pieces of support here for these animals. If somebody goes, oh, that's my dog. They eat. Dogs cannot lay still and do nothing. They can't hang around in a house all day. They are often separation anxiety dogs. They need they need to work or have a job or be an agility. They're just they're just like springtime. You know, they're full of this energy and they're very determined too. They're really determined. So they make great police dogs, military dogs. They're afraid of almost nothing. They really love a bonded handler, you know, somebody who's really good with them and teaching them all the time, but also giving them boundaries because they need boundaries because they just want to bust forth all the time, and they're so smart and an athletic they can do that. So that's sort of the picture of a wood element and where we One thing that we look at with these animals to classify them is their stress response, and that's really important. So I'll talk about the stress response for each animal and the wood element. If we were talking about a human, we would use the word anger, so they revert to anger a human does when a wood element human does. Dogs don't do anger, but they do irritation. They do frustration, like if you're overtraining them and they've got it, like I got that, just move on. You know. They do protectiveness and that can lead to aggression. So you know, anger is a human word, and I don't like to use anger. I like to use the other words because they're more applicable for the dogs. So if you've got a dog, and these dogs often utilize that aggression, which isn't imbalance in their being, but still in the police world, in the military world, and the protection world, these dogs are utilized for that aggression oftentimes. So there's you know, challenges with that, always keeping this animal balanced by giving a movement, giving them good challenges, fun, you know, take him. It's it's a dog for you know, a twenty five year old young male that goes up in backpacks for a week at a time. You know, that's the pack. Yeah, very very active and they're incredible working dogs because they're so smart. So that's the wood element and the fire element is next, and that's the summer time element and the fire element. I call them a diva or a party animal because they're super super social and they're they just they need to be adored and they need to be social. And these are the dogs that you know, you're walking across down a sidewalk and you look across the street and there's this dog and as soon as you look at them, they go wait ont they wag their tail and they were so happy to see you. And then you're walking a little further and the owner's paralleling the other side of the through with the dog, and you glance again because you feel like you have to, and it does it again. And then the next thing you know, you see you feel yourself just being pulled across the street to go say hi to that dog and pet the dog, and the dog looks at you like they've known you forever, and you feel like you've known that animal forever. I mean, it's really substantial. These are like just these I call it charismatic magnetism. That's what they have, is is this warmth. And when you think again, I said this a little bit earlier about fire, when are you know centuries millennials ago, millennium, excuse me, we were we discovered fire, and it was the best thing that ever happened, you know, because we could cook our food, we could be warm, we could do all that. So we have this innate essence in us about fire that just move towards the fire right. And the only thing about that is the fire animal has a propensity to have what we call a disturbance of the shen and that starts with excess joy. So these are joyful animals and excess joy sounds like it should be a good thing, except when it's not right. And so when excess joy fills them up, they get to a point where we it turns into what we call a disturbance of the shen, which is a body minded spirit in Chinese medicine. And so the shen gets disturbed in it. It's akin to a panic attack. So these dogs go into a panic attack. So I always say that their emotional range is from a nice campfire cooking your marshmallows to a forest fire burning down houses and forests entirely so, and they do have that quick emotional range.
Speaker 2: When the same would you say that that animals hyperactive.
Speaker 1: They can be. They can be if they're not getting what they need.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're strowing up all this happiness and they can't release it somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they have to be social. I just was on a podcast a couple week and a half ago, I guess, and and the gal was so excited that was interviewing me. She said, I tried one of your support mechanisms, which is for the fire element. She said, I have a fire dog and I tried the support mechanism I used to take him down this forested road and go into the forest with him, and he would pull on the leash so bad. All the time, I worked with all kinds of trainers. We couldn't fix it. She's And then I started walking him through the neighborhood when people are outside, or taking him into stores or walking them in town. He doesn't pull on the leash anymore because he's getting adoration from a yeah, well and adoring you know, people just are attracted in these animals. So they get petted all the time, and that's there. That's their mono, you know, that's what they need and so so yeah, so they're very interesting. And the one thing I want to just really say is that when we have fire dogs. Anyone listening to this and you think you have a fire dog, the most important thing to do is when they are let's say they're in a dog park and they're having a blast with other dogs and they're playing and and you can see all of a sudden, the fire dog's head goes up, the tail goes up, it starts wagging really fast, and they start nipping other dogs. That's when they hit the disturbance of the shen too much fun, too much joy, yeah, And so the thing we have to do is we have to ground ourselves. And I imagine most people know how to do that. But the quick way, the two to three second way to do it is bring your brain down to your feet and feel them on the ground, take a deep breath, and then go back with your brain down to your feet, and then walk into that dog. Because that dog is a helium balloon now. And if you're a helium balloon too, because you're going, oh my god, I gotta go get them out of there, then you're just two helium balloon's going to fly up in the sky and it's not going to work. So you go in and you ground that animal, and that's what the animal really needs. One of the support mechanisms is an owner that's able to ground themselves when that happens and be grounded around them, and you know, just adore all there, the cuddling.
Speaker 3: Nego take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Elizabeth Ann Johnson, discussing her new book, Know Your Dog's True Nature, will be right back. My guest today is author Elizabeth Ann Johnson. She has written a new book called Know Your Dog's True Nature, in which she has assigned the five elements in Chinese medicine the five archetypes that are identified in our pets personalities. As we're talking about these archetypes, I'm curious because you haven't given the like a possible dog breed that fits these archetypes. But I think I can see that. But the truth of the matter is all different types of dog species can have these attributes. Even though they might be a little docsin or a Chihuahua or something. They could have a fire personality, which I love. And this is really important in this book is some people might be saying, I have a German shepherd and wait a minute, it doesn't have any of those fire elements. Maybe it has water or metal or earth or something, which is very important to get across.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I believe that's in the book somewhere, but it's not. It's not embellished very much. But the reason is is we breed dogs, we cross breed them so much, and we breed for color, and we breed for this when we read for that, and so it's really impossible to pigeonhole the breeds into an element, but we see trends. So we see trends like for the wood dog, we see that a lot of German Shepherds Belgium malnaws are often wood dogs. Rottweilers can be wood dogs, so we see some. But you know, you also can get a little docks and that's a wood dog, yes, you know, so we kind of look at it from the other viewpoint of we don't pigeonhole them in there, but they may be. And with all the rescue dogs and cross breeds too, it's it's impossible really to do that. But so yeah, and so our next dog, Cliff, is the late summer dog, and that's Earth, and Earth is an amazing dog. It's a nurture, kid, loving caregiver type and it's it's just this solid, supportive being in everyone's life. And it's a very happy dog too. It's it's kind of got the the charisma of the fire dog, but not quite as much. It's just this quiet charisma and people love them and they are family dogs, you know, they love having lots of people around. I always say they would invite the burglar in through the window and show them where everything is. You know, they're not really they have a quiet protection for their kids and other animals around them. But it's not it's not any thing that's near like the wood dog, you know, with that protectiveness. And so they're just wonderful. And when I think of Earth, I think about Earth being steady, supportive. I think about Earth being and this isn't the dog, this is the element in nature. Again. I think about Earth having communities. Right, So, forests our communities. We humans are communities and we're sub communities, and plants have communities, animals have communities, wildlife has communities. So I think about that connection of community in the Earth with that dog, because that dog loves it knows everybody in town, and everybody knows that I have an Earth dog right now, and I take him to the grocery store and everybody walks by the car and they're attracted to him because he's so friendly. He's just like he's friendly different than the fire dog. He's like looking out the window, waging his tail and going, oh, I'm Wilbury, you know, And everybody goes up to Wilbury, you know. And it's different than that that magnetism of the fire dog. It's a different kind of magnetism, so they're wonderful and their stress response is worry. So they worry when there's change in the household. They worry when a kid goes off to college. They worry when and animals in their farm or home is sick or dying or does pass. They worry when there's an argument in the household. They worry when a soupcase comes out. So these are all the things because they want that home structure. You know. It's like in the human world, it's often that that woman that you go to for a great hug when you need one, and she starts putting out some yummy food and it's some tea for you, and you know, and that's how the Earth's dogs are. They just are nurtures and it's just so beautiful. So the next one is the metal dog. We talked briefly about metal, and metal in nature is rigid, right, it's not flexible. We have to do a lot of work to make a piece of metal flexible. But look at what I'm looking at, what's behind you on your background, and it's a city scape and all of that has metal in it. It's a very purposeful thing in our world. And these dogs are very purposeful. They're working dogs, but they have to have a purpose they're working for. So these metal dogs, that's the number one word for them is purposeful. And so they don't need the sentimentality. They don't really like the touch a whole heck of a lot. They'll put up with it for their owner oftentimes, but but it's not like they really want to cuddle with you on the couch every night, and and and they just they just want to be working. They're they're very very intelligent. Our nickname for them is the librarian because they are very much like the librarians of old, you know, our early era Cliff and and where they're They're rigid and they want things in place, and they want to know that their job is important, you know, putting the books back and guiding people. And they don't want a lot of fluff. Their stress response is grief, and that's an interesting stress response because it's kind of elusive. It can look like apathy, but they will grieve the loss of a bonded handler. They don't trust well either. That's another thing about them. If you break trust with them, it's like they take the sword and cut the cord, you know, that's yeah, and it's really hard to get back. So these aunt it's really important to be the best version of yourself because that's what he expects or she expects, and that makes the best version of them and your partnership together. So so that's metal and they're in autumn, I believe I said that, And they're just wonderful animals. They have a sense organ. Their sense organ is the nose. And I haven't talked too much about sense organs because we have a short time, but it's all in the book. But their nose, and so I think they have a bunch more molecules in their nose than most dogs do, you know. And we know that dogs have incredible noses across the board, but the metal element because that's the way they integrate with the world. The Chinese believed we connect with the world through our sense organs, so they connect through their nose and definitely more molecules. I've done search and rescue in the past, and the very best rest search and rescue dogs were metal dogs. Above above all, you know, there are not necessarily the ones that can hang with going into bombing buildings and things like that, like a wood dog can. But they can certainly get in the trenches and work really hard and be purposeful.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, as a side note, when we look at these archetypes and these dogs, is there any help when we have an animal who's ill and their archetype. Can we actually begin formulating a healing remedy or a healing path when we see these archetypes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely the again, the five element theory. It's got a lot of moving parts. And what I did was just pluck out kind of the fun part, which was the personality for the book. But in the book, it talks about the organs that are related to them, the maladies that they can potentially get, and so what you're looking at how to prevent some of those maladies, you know, And that's a long conversation to go to, but it's all in the book. And yeah, and support and also old dogs and rescue dogs because rescue dogs come in with a lot of baggage. So we we integrated a chapter for old dogs and rescue dogs for each element as well, and acupoints.
Speaker 3: We want to get into the acu pressure here in a bit. Yes, kind of a final note, so let's keep that as a side thought, because I want you to finish up.
Speaker 2: With water here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the reason I'm asking about wellness is that I currently don't have any animals, but all my relatives do. And when a dog gets to a certain age, they begin to show, especially an active dog.
Speaker 2: I call it kind of call it wear and tear.
Speaker 3: And you know, in some cases the veterinarian can't determine this issue. There's not coming nothing on a blood lab testing has not showing anything either, And I'm wondering through these archetypes if there's a way to go beyond the medical lab work and begin perhaps touching base with intuitive connection or whatever.
Speaker 2: That my dog's not well.
Speaker 3: I can see it, I can feel it, they're telling me, but I can't get the information about what exactly the problems.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly how I made my living all these years. So it definitely is extremely effective bringing having this knowledge to integrate with that gives you, gives you some factors that you need to consider for each element. For sure. You know one thing about the wood element is because it's so athletic and it needs that movement, and it pushes itself beyond, tries always to push beyond its limits because of that potential. Right, So going back to that, that dog will get tendon and ligament injuries, and the organs associated with that rules the tendons and ligaments. So it's a it's a there's all sorts of charts in the book so you can look up for each element. That, yeah, we we really try to bring in every way to learn how to understand and support these animals, and and it also goes for human beings as well. And one thing quick about the spring wood element dog. I had an interesting discovery years ago. I was before we had all these online herbal remedy websites. I was making all my own herbal remedies and pinctures and tonics and salves in my inner shed that I had that had all my herbs in it. And one thing I discovered was that the wood element, which is a spring animal, did really by far, out of all the elements, it did the best with herbs, meaning like it healed so much faster with herbal remedies. So herbal remedies are often most potent in the spring, right, not all of them, but a lot of them are. So there's this synergy between spring herbal remedy potential and wood spring potential. So so the two just stufftailed so beautifully. And I always for the years I've been telling everybody that you know, now you're working with hopefully great customer service on a website, but make sure you think about that. If you have a wood dog, you know that because they will respond really well to herbs.
Speaker 3: I find it interesting that you're married to a you know, a veterinarian, because it's like the same thing with humans. You have an allopathic doctor who's training is medicine. We have to give them pills, we have to give them surgery and the human side of it, herbs nutrition. What are you talking about that we don't apply that, And so you know, I wonder if if your your husband is much more open minded with you because he's seen and you're applying this whole different Shamas shamanic world. He's kind of scratching his head guard, what the hell is she doing?
Speaker 1: Well, he's not in net because he has lived in the shamanic world for a long time. He's a wildlife veterinarian, so he he works, he doesn't do healing. He teaches agencies and wildlife biologists how to how to Unfortunately we have to capture them sometimes to put a radio collar on him or something. But how to do that in a good way. And he's been in Native American ceremony for many, many many years. Okay, good, So he's kind of Yeah, he's very curious. Yeah, and he's he's helped spay and neuter programs all around the world. He's a great dog catcher. Dogs love him, so he just you know, it's all easy, and he teaches people how to do that. Well. He's been to India, I forget five times, and disaster response and you know.
Speaker 2: Help he reduce the trauma of yes, up all of it.
Speaker 1: That's his really his goal, and he's really good at what he does. He actually was the veterinarian that did the wolf free introduction into Yellowstone Park. So he was the first veterinarian for the Park Service and that was his job to do the will.
Speaker 3: So I think I saw that in your bio. He's a wildlife that not necessarily the one that you see that takes care of cats and.
Speaker 2: Dogs or No.
Speaker 1: He always says, if somebody comes to the door and asks about their dog, he runs against me. So he always says that. So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's finish up with the water because that's the last of the archetypes.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is my I love them all, but this is my favorite. I have one right now, a little one named Pretzel, and in the water element, we call them the four legged spiritual Teacher. They are the very simple, sensitive, very empathic. They're really good at knowing our feelings well before we do, and if we're not being honest about our feelings, they look at us like an alien and accuse us of emotional sensitive insensitivity. And so they really know, like they just know that, Hey, if you're down, deal with it, you know, don't try to be singing in the kitchen, you know, just just deal with your stuff so we can be connected better. Because they're so so sensitive, and they're they're like canaries in the coal mine, both for us and people around them, but also for energetic disturbances like power lines, pesticides, herbicides. They're the dogs that often go to six seven, eight vets maybe more and can't get a diagnosis on because they're goal in life for us and coming into our life. And these dogs literally come in when we need them, when we when we need to learn something from them. And their goal is for us to evolve, to learn more about ourselves, about others, and to evolve in the world. And it's really interesting because I've had a number of those. They are the most re home dogs typically because so I've taken on a lot of them, and I just love them. They're so deep, they're so in you know, sensitive, they're so good at animal communication. They talk way too long in the animal communication. You know, it's not you know, it's not showing you a little picture. It's not a few words. It's a whole giant story.
Speaker 2: They're really plugged into the human way.
Speaker 1: They're plugged into the human for I think for for destiny, for them to really learn more and when they can't be diagnosed by a it to back up to that. We often what they want us to do is to get out there and learn all the other all alternative or complimentary I call them complimentary, but modalities, and get those under our belt to better care for themselves, the dogs and them and the human and so. And they teach us all sorts of things. The tough thing about these dogs is there their stress response is is visceral fear. It's not just fear of things it's visceral fear, and so they need a handler that understands that and is very connected with them. They're always connected with us.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Some dogs go out and play and they do their thing, and they do all that and they lose, you know, a little bit, they lose the energy jetic connection. Not these dogs. These dogs are always energetically connected into you. And so they're intents in that way. And the other thing about them is I'd love to talk about, is they shape shift all the time. So when we think about water in nature, it comes in all forms, right, It comes in snow, it comes in ice, miss rain, saltwater, tsunamis, compool, range, rivers, little streams, you know. I mean it's on de drops, you know, on flower, on grasstops in the morning, you know. And so water has all of this shape shifting. It does regularly, and so don't these dogs. So when they shape shift, they shape shift into another element. And so you might see your water dog all of a sudden acting like a wood or acting like a metal, or acting like a fire dog or an earth dog. And so it's really interesting to see that. And that's how you know you have a water dog. Off you have a.
Speaker 3: Really complex personality, don't they Yes.
Speaker 1: They're very complex. They're very complex, and and I think you know, they're not necessarily for the first dog owner, you know, like they're they're they're good for people to get the understand dogs and have the ability to appreciate the depths that they have. And the visceral fear does throw a lot of people off, and that's you know, it's the fear that is sympathetic dominance come just takes over. So they can't hear you, and they run down the road and you can't catch them if they're off leash. Hearing is their way of integrating with the world. Their sense organ so loud noises like fireworks, gunshots, backfires of cars, those will those will just set off that visceral fear, right And if you live in a quiet place and you don't have that, you might not see it for a while. So you might be wondering about the water dog. And they've given us this alternative method of the shape shifting to classify them. So that's very kind of them. But yeah, it can be very very very difficult from that standpoint, but very rich and powerful from the good standpoint of having them, So.
Speaker 3: Thank you for giving us the five elements. Now in the book, and we talked about this before. You have a number of quizzes so the reader can begin drilling down and finding quite just exactly what archetype their pet is. Talk if you all about perhaps one or two of these quizzes and how they help the reader determine what the element is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there again, everyone has one. So and even the human elements have quizzes. They're just a little bit shorter. But the dogs quizzes are. There's twenty questions and they're all about behaviors that you might see. And then what you do is is you basically do number counts on the one, two or three, right and if and then you add them all up. And you should, really, if you're really, really not sure, you should go through all the elements and just do all the quizzes for your dog. It's it's quick and it's easy. It's like, you know, I think, let me tell.
Speaker 3: Me real quickly, Elizabeth. If someone has a nude puppy, they're obviously haven't connected with the dog, and so what would you say if they have a new dog is a time frame for them to begin applying the components of the quiz to get the fire or excuse me, get the archetype.
Speaker 1: Well if there, if they're a rescue dog. Rescue dogs can take a couple of weeks to kind of seed in one of the programs I'm trying to pull together once you get through kind of the book launch and you know all of this is it started when I was writing the end of the book and I was adding in the rescue dogs, and I thought, you know, this is so applicable in the rescue world for organizations that have these dogs. And what we'd like to do, and I'll try to make this quick cliff is we'd like to classify that dog during either the capture because summer feral dog being captured and brought into the rescue organization, or the release right at the time when that dog comes in and the owner is surrendering the dog, because we will see the stress response there and that stress those stress responses are so unique to each element that that stress response should show up early on. And then in the rescue organization they're passing their way through it with what their needs and wants and supports. I talk a lot about all of those in the book. What they are for that particular element and most of the time I think we'll catch it and then so then they're getting the support they need in the kennels and then they will be All of that goes in with paperwork to the possible new owner and we do sort of a it so it's like matchmaking and we do sort of a personality test on five element personality tests on the owner.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves and we will return shortly with my guest today, Elizabeth Ann Johnson discussing her latest book, Know Your Dog's True Nature.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: My program today is featuring Elizabeth Ann Johnson, who has written a new book called Know Your Dog's True Nature. And this is a way to really look inside our loved ones, which are our pets, to discover their personalities and their attitudes. Oh my god, that's wonderful. You actually test the owner to see if it's a good match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're gonna have a lot less rehomings.
Speaker 3: We are going to really adapt to that. I don't think people do that. I think that's very rare that they do.
Speaker 2: What you're asking yeah.
Speaker 1: No. I went to Humane Society Expo and I did a lot of round table talks and presentations about it, and there was a really positive response, like, yes, we need something else new to try to get things going and and and stop the rehoming because they get sent back in if they're not right. If you've given seventy.
Speaker 2: Five year old personality, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, seventy five year old woman who doesn't even walk all the way down the block she thinks the little wood dog is cute. Well, we got a problem on our hands, you know, so so we try to we're trying to work that through with that because I see the potential in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're making a huge point. I've always thought, and this is my my feeling is that when someone turns a dog in because they can't deal with it, or they just are old, they're tired, or they're moving or something, that's a tragic event. It is and not only is it traumatic for the dog, I mean I think that can emotionally hinder any kind of future, I mean the healing process. I mean, what do you do about that. That's a horrible situation when they we just can't deal with the dog anymore. It's like, what this is a child in your family? Yes, you're giving away your son, your daughter or whatever.
Speaker 2: Is how I look at it? How do you look at that?
Speaker 1: Oh, same way. I just look at it a little further in that it also seats in the stress response even stronger for that animal every time they go back, and it sees in the behaviors that that are bad that they turned them back in for. So it's I really believe these animals are our teachers, and if we can learn from them about how to be with them in a good way, and we can learn to be with humans in a good way, that's a good point. And so that that is the essence of the book in my heart, you know, And I know I weaved that through the whole book as much as I could, but it is a really important factor.
Speaker 3: So the books called Know your Dog's True Nature, Understanding Canine Personality through the Five Elements. And my guess today has been Elizabeth and Onsen. As we conclude, give us a couple of case studies of people who perhaps wrote to you after using your book and UH were able to identify their animal and perhaps the relationship changed when they were able to begin working with that archetype.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's see. Let me Oh, so there's been several, so let me pick out a good way. That's a great question. So one is a little dog is one of my neighbors. Well he's not, and he's a lab cross, but he is a water element and they couldn't classify him with the book. And I, you know, even though I say that a water element shape shifts, but they she said, he's like a moving target. He's all over the place. So she missed that, somehow missed that, and it turns out he is a water element. I said, did you do the quizzes? She said yeah, but somehow that didn't fit and I said yes, but he's he's only two, I believe, so he's growing into himself. So he's got, you know, a lot of dynamics. And so when he becomes this wood element for a day or a week, you just expect that high energy, you know, wants to learn, wants to go do things, can't sit still, you know. But then she said, well sometimes he acts like sort of like an earth And I go yeah, and do you ever see a metal and she goes, well yeah, And so so part of that is remembering that the water element shape shifts.
Speaker 2: And that's why I was gonna say, shape shifts is a chameleon. It changes its color. Yeah, weird, so strange.
Speaker 3: Now that's a really an amazing example where she couldn't she couldn't identify it because the dog goes through these different phases. Wow, that's that's a complex animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other one that was really important was I already spoke about it, but it was a woman with the metal dog and the sentimentality, and she had to come up and tell me, you know, all the stories about this dog, and and every single end of each story was I can't believe that we figured this out.
Speaker 2: You know, just the.
Speaker 1: Words you said you used made a huge difference. And now I get it. I won't try to, you know, cuddle with him on the couch anymore. I said, you know, allow him to come to you. You know, that's that they're very independent, and they're you know, they're purposeful and independent, and so just allow that and and you'll have an awesome relationship with him. So I just think, you know, it's just little tweaks here and there, and and this is not you know, I didn't design this. This is ancient magic, and I.
Speaker 3: Know it can be a brief have magic in here. You're You're right, you're the communistic intuition kind of brought in some magic.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I'm pulling the element out of the hat all the time. It's always there, you know, it's just.
Speaker 3: Not here's a question for you that I and I don't know if you can answer this or not. If somebody reads your book and says, I like this archetype, can they try to go to a kennel and find an animal that has.
Speaker 1: That, they possibly can It's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be They're gonna have to be really sensitive though.
Speaker 1: Yes, they'll have to really learn and look at them. I have a scenario it's this one's not in the book. I don't think it should be, but I think I described it in the book, where what these elements look like in a kennel situation. And you know, in our day, Cliff, when we were younger, we could walk into a kennel and we could go into the back kennels and we could kind of point and pick a dog. And I don't know as many kennels allow that nowadays. I think you put in an application and they sort of try to figure out big.
Speaker 2: Dogs ken in decades, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, and I think you know some news. Still you can go in and you can kind of pick your dog, but the way they react inside, like let's say you had five, you know, large kennels, not little cages, but large kennels. I'll run through it really quick. The wood dog's going to be at the front of that kennel. He's probably gonna be barking, and he's gonna be hopping his legs up on the on the side of the chain link or whatever the fencingness. And that's going to be the wood dog. There's going to be this aggressive like hey, I'm here, take me home now, you know, kind of thaying. And the fire dog's going to be sitting in the front and it's gonna be wiggling, and it's gonna be looking at you right straight in the eyes, and it's it's gonna be, oh, take me home please, kind of dog, you know. And those are the ones that get that get rehomed almost all first of the first, you know, before anybody else. The earth dog's gonna be kind of pacing a little bit, like worried a little bit with his head down but wagging his tail, and he's just gonna be, you know, like, could you take me home? Please? And he's gonna be have that look like please please. And and then the metal dog is gonna be sitting somewhere in the kennel, probably in the back, not in the front, and he's gonna be looking at the tops of the rails trying to figure a way out. And that's gonna be the metal dog. Yeah, and the water dog's gonna be They what they do, and I've seen this so many times, is they get they slink, so they get their head down and their tails down, and they're real it's low to the ground. They can almost get, you know, halfway down, and they'll they'll look you and the eyes and then they'll slink forward and they'll stop and they'll look at you again. And then they'll slink forward and they'll stop and they'll look at you again and decide if you're safe. They're looking to see if you're safe or not. So really, if you just learn all the archetypes and you can get into a kennel where you can pick your own dog, then you can see those behaviors. And that's the goal. With the rescues today is to get to implement a structure so that that carries through in their records, how they how they do things, because kennel staff are incredibly empathic with these animals as well. They may not know it, but they are. They're so connected with them, and so they usually can once they learn it, and they a lot of them were excited at the expo to learn it. They're like, Oh, I want to learn more about this. This is so cool, you know, and and so yeah, that's that's the best I can do for that.
Speaker 3: But what a what a wonderful interview. Thank you know your Dog's True Nature. It just came out in September and you can get it on Amazon or wherever you get your books. Elizabeth, give us your website and also what you have on your website as a some information.
Speaker 1: My website is Elizabeth and Johnson and Elizabeth is with a Z and is with an E. Johnson dot com and there are there's my homepage has some links to purchase. It's Amazon all over the world and some other booksellers around the world and in the US, and you can check that out. There's a fairly lengthy description of the book editorial reviews from some wonderful great people veterinarians and holistic healers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I noticed that you have a lot of good reference. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I even have one from a man who's worked for Humane Society US and International for many, many many years and captured feral dogs on street dogs or dogs in disaster response and he's wonderful. And so it's all there. And then we have a list of we have an event page, so we have a list of events. I'm doing lots of little webinars and masterclasses and interviews.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to ask you if you do like zoom classes on discovering the archetypes.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna start. I'm going to do a little more extensive class structure, but the webinars are pretty pretty extensive as well, and not as much as a book. You know, the book you get a lot more stories and things like that, and just more relation to everything and get the human aspect and the relationship aspect. And then we have a media page, so there's you can watch a whole bunch of things. I have a Ted talk on there. It's not about this subject, but probably about the next book subject, which is about parallels of old dog and human aging and and yeah, so there's a lot on there, a lot of fun stuff where I'm posting some more this.
Speaker 2: Week.
Speaker 1: I've just got to get everything to my webmaster.
Speaker 3: Well, you're going to thick of it right now, Elizabeth, you're just launch your book. So it's interview time. Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor as we conclude. What would you like the reader to get from your book?
Speaker 1: You know, I just want people to feel like they have a bridge to their animal that they didn't have before. The word missing link comes into mind a lot, and people often say that to me, like I have all these missing links. I feel like I'm connected to them, but I'm not. And so this magic, in our ancient magic from the five element theory, really can create an entirely different connection for you with the animals and with with the world around you. So, you know, I hope that it echoes out into the world around you when you when you use your training wheels with your dogs and yourself, and then you you start to heal yourself inside from you know, everything there are we know, there are some things that are you know, unimaginable and un you know, unbelievable that happen. That are all horrid. But we can we can stop the friction of of things everyday life if we learn to use this lens of five elements.
Speaker 2: So fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I see this as a real holistic approach not only to working with your pet, but also to see yourself on earth. And you're working in harmony with your family animals. So really fun, really nice having you on the program and much success.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Wow, there was so much to like in that interview. In fact, I went to her website.
Speaker 3: Her website again is Elizabethanjohnson dot com and if you go to the menu bar at the very top under events, you can see her TED talk. It was a twenty minute TED talk she gave in Washington, the state of Washington, where she details specifics on her book and also how we can use the archetypes quizzes in her book to to also identify our own personality traits, our own archetypes. And that's really important. And I think she made a number of good points on choosing the animal for your lifestyle, your personality.
Speaker 2: Type, and.
Speaker 3: You know, so you can you can have a good match and you know, she did bring up the fact that a lot of people will go in and to a kennel or a an SPCA and choose to get a poor choice for their family lifestyle. A hyperactive dog, a dog that needs a lot of care.
Speaker 2: You don't want that.
Speaker 3: You want a dog that kind of fits your personality style. And what a great way to do that with these with these quizzes. So get her book just came out, Know your Dog's True Nature, And I mean, wow, everybody has pets. Everybody has a dog, and this is a really great introduction into discovering their personality types and what they're here to do. You know, I love it, real fun. You know, I was, I was curious about having a discussion on dogs here on Destiny, but I think it was a good fit. I think it was an excellent fit. So I might look into some other future resources for people who have pets and wanting to learn more about them. So if you enjoyed this podcast, let me know. Let me send me an email Sena to Senat to Earth Ancients the number four of the letter you at gmail dot com, and we can decide if it's something we want to continue with. So it might be kind of a nice way to supplement all the other topics that we have on the program. Hey, the year's coming to an end. We're entering the fall, which means we have a few months left. If you haven't taken a vacation, if you are thinking about getting away, consider our sacred temples of Mexico. It's going to be November eighth through the seventeenth. We all meet in Marita, Yucatan, which is very very close to the United States border. It's a short few hour flight from most of the states in the United States.
Speaker 2: And join us.
Speaker 3: This is a way to experience these ancient Mayan ruins, most notably places like chichen Itza, ushmol Ekbalam Sail, and many other locations that are sacred and they are still pumping out energy, the Tlurk energy that I'm always go to talking about. And we'll also meet with Michael Laflemp for an evening discussion on his book on Atlantis and its connection to the Maya. We're also going to have a talk from an archaeologist that's doing excavations down there, and so there's a lot to like. It's a very comfortable place to be because if you haven't been to Mereda. It's a colonial city, I mean, the Spanish is established it in the late fourteen hundreds and it is an old but quaint and real kind of wonderful place to kind of hang. So for all the details, go to Earth Ancients dot com Forward slash Tours. You'll see all the itinerary. Register to come out with us, and I would love to see you again Earthangents dot com Forward slash Tours t O U R S. All right, that's it for this program. I want to think my guest today, Elizabeth and Johnson introducing her new book, Know Your Dog's True Nature. As always, the team of Gail Tour and Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I really appreciate it. All right, take care, be well, and we will talk to you next time. S.