Speaker 1: He's the no Stradamis of NBA prognostication. Some call him russtra Damas. Now joining us The Ringer's very own Raheem Palmer on in.
Speaker 2: The zone talking basketball pretty much all to show along.
Speaker 3: So no better guests to bring on than this guy right here, Raheem Palmer, betting analyst from The Ringer. NBA season is over, OKC claims the Crown. Do you take anything at all away from their championship because of the injury situation, the way that it went down in Game seven? Are you simply saying let's give them their flowers? They were as good as advertised all year long.
Speaker 4: I do think it's a little bit of both. And I think they were the best team all year long. You were absolutely dominant, and then ultimately if it wasn't for them, but been in Game one, this is over in Bob. But I mean, we're all gonna look. Can wonder what would have happened if Tyre's Caliburton didn't get hurt? Because I truly believe that would have been anyone's game. We know Game sevens are historically ugly. I mean, besides this one, you haven't seen a Game seven which wasn't decided by and by more than seven seven points, so this would have been a close game. So it's very unfortunate. Oklahoma City. They got it done. So they were They've been the best team all year long. It's well earned and well deserved.
Speaker 3: Let's move to the offseason, Boston shaking things up. Indy obviously has major injury concerns because Tyre's Halliburton is gonna miss next season. The East feels like it's right for the taking. Who do you like as your early early lean for a team that can run the conference or maybe even a team that can come out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: So I mean a couple of weeks ago they asked me this on East Coast bias, and I gave out the Orlando Magic at like thirty to one or something to one or forty to one. And it's before the Band trade. And then you know, obviously they trade the Ban to get some shooting in there. Obviously they're gonna have Stugs back next year, and they're down to twelve to one at this point in times, So you know, I don't want to give off the Magic right now. I think you got to be looking at a team like the Detroit Pistons. You know the other day when I checked the eyes out, they were sixty five to one. They're down fifty to one now, So you know, I think a lot of teams can con and owhere. And then obviously you have the Atlanta Hawks. I mean they traded for Christash Brazingis and now they get you know, one of the best players back in Johnson, and who knows what can happen with them. I mean right now they're what one hundred and ten to one. So the Atlanta Hawks should be a lot better. And I think this may be the last year for Trey Young. I think this is really an audition year for him. So I think they go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the starting five of Trey Young, Dyson Daniels, Zachary resa Che who was a number one pick, Jalen Johnson is a stud and Kristaps Porzingis that can win games in the NBA.
Speaker 4: I like that, Yeah, without a doubts. So I think, you know, that hundred to one, you know, maybe that's one of two what you take a shout on, but I think, you know, ultimately Cleveland is the cream of the crop there. Running back, you know, follow up by New York. But I mean, I think, you know, after that, he's definitely got to be looking at Orlando, Detroit in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how big of a prospect guy you are. I don't think that's necessarily your world. But everybody's got an opinion on Cooper Flag. He's going to be the number one pick tonight quite obviously. What impact do you expect him to make with Dallas out of the gate and what kind of player do you expect him to be.
Speaker 2: Is he somebody that's just going to be.
Speaker 3: Rock solid across the board or do you think he actually has more upside than that where he can be an MVP type player. We have a specific read on what you think he's going to do in the NBA.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to be rock solid across the board, But offensively, I don't know if he is there. Like I think right now, Dylan Harper might be better than him. Offensively, I think like Dylan Harper is a guy I'm looking at like, Wow, you know, he has the playmaking and scoring ability. I don't know if Cooper Flag necessarily has that, but I think he's rock solid. I think he's you know, incredible defensively. I mean, there's a reason they brought him on when he was seventeen, eighteen years old to play with the US Olympic team, and they said he was working guys. But I still don't know if he's there Offensively, He's not a guy I want to veto will be the Year? To be honest with you, I think he's going to be overpriced. I saw him like minus four hundreds of other day, and he's also going to be in a bad position with all the vets around him. So I want to look elsewhere for will be the Year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tend to agree with that. We're talking about Raheem Palmer betting analysts from the Ringer. Anthony Davis is going to mop up so much of that production in terms of the front court with Dallas.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a good way to look.
Speaker 3: Where do you stand on the most controversial pick in round one of the draft, Ace Bailey, who continues to turn down meetings, seemingly sticking up his nose at the process. Some could look at that and say, hey, it's smart. Try and orchestrate where you want to go, because this might be your only shot to be where you want to be. And then I think a lot of NBA vets are looking and saying you can't do that.
Speaker 2: I saw Paul George came out.
Speaker 3: And said, you're not even in the league yet, So acting this entitled is a really bad look.
Speaker 2: Where do you stand on the Ace Bailey issue?
Speaker 4: If you don't want to go to one specific place, I'm cool with that, But to go out there and not work out for anything, like how do you not work out for anything?
Speaker 2: Dead?
Speaker 4: I mean, like I don't know, that's a fit in me of entire and let's just say you just want to go to book, go work out for books at least like somebody see you. Like, so I think I just think he's being mismanaged properly. And then you know, apparently, you know, the team managing him was like Sharif Cooper's five. I mean, Sharif Cooper is not even an NBA player at this point in time. So you know, if it was Rich Paul, they wouldn't know how to handle this, Like you just gotta go to right people. So you know, c AA, Rich Flaul, somebody, I don't know what they're doing. This is this is absolutely actually good joke to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably gonna land him outside of the top five tonight. Is there a bet that you like tonight of you taking a stab at anything just for the fun of.
Speaker 4: It, Jeremiah fears. And it's unfortunately, because it's unfortunate because this just got bet down heavy. I liked him to go a top five pick, and you could have got that plus money, you know, that's all. I think that's minus one twenty five now. And I also like them under six and a half, which means, you know, he has to be taken before it. I like those, I mean those stood out to me. But you know, these draft markets, I mean, he gets beat up pretty quick, even like a guy like Contain Nipple, you know, into the top five, you could have got that, you know, like plus money or so, and you know, and how that's pretty much gone. So you know a lot of these two they just they just get bet bet up really quickly and all these numbers disappear.
Speaker 3: Because exactly, it's an information game and if you're on the inside, you can get a jump on this stuff. U CA Nipple looks like he's definitely gonna go to Charlotte, and I'm assuming Jeremiah, here's top five. If he goes top five, that's probably a Utah pick. Is uh, is there a team before I let you go? How much have you been betting the w n B A And and if so, is there a team right now that's just out there printing money that we need to get in on.
Speaker 4: Actually haven't been much w NBA, to be honest with you, I really haven't. I mean, obviously the New York Liberty they were printing money because they turned off the seatons. They didn't move until like last week, so you know, obviously with them. But this is probably the least I've done with w NBA more baseball.
Speaker 2: Is there a reason for that? Because you've been betting the w n B A for years?
Speaker 4: Be honest with you, I'm just tired. And then also I.
Speaker 2: Love then this is why I ask you these things.
Speaker 4: I mean, this year, more than any I've been, like really really really betting foreign basketball, like I mean, I've bet more foreign basketball, like I've been been foreign basketball for years. But I mean, you gots saw I don't know if you saw it, but I literally gave everybody in your league future and it hit like I mean, and you know what you with foreign basketball yeah, we have the best. You have the best European teams and in the euro League, but then they also play in our domestic league. And right now as we speed, you know, you have the domestic league championship, like you have the Spanish League championship, got the French League championship, which India yesterday, you have the Turkish League championship. So I've been following more leagues than I ever followed in my life, and I'm just I'm kind of spent. Like yesterday I had Paris basketball against as Monaco. You know, Thiago Switter, who actually was the coach for Paris Basketball, He's headed back to the plays that to be their assistant coach. So I've been filwing so many different leagues, like I've probably bet twelve thirteen different basketball leagues. The ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, Rahim's out here playing four D chess ladies and gentlemen five steps ahead. Rahiman Palmer vetting analysts from the Ringer at I am ross for Damis to follow him and his plays on social media.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for him. Yes you too. In Minnesota Links by the way, twelve and two best team in the.
Speaker 3: W NBA, and I've been watching a lot of Indiana fever basketball because I'm a casual WNBA fan like anybody else that likes the league.
Speaker 2: They're clean, seven and seven.
Speaker 3: It's not exactly the They're not exactly the ATM that you would think with how good Caitlin Clark has turned around to be. And how about those Chicago Sky I turned that game on for a minute last night. Boy was that a rough watch. They are four and ten, only to be outdone by the team they were playing last night, the Los Angeles Sparks.
Speaker 2: This is how you know.
Speaker 3: This is how you know what time of year it is that I'm watching two teams in the WNBA that are seven games under five hundred.
Speaker 2: But this is where we're at.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, I'm going to pitch some of my draft notes the way of Tyler Karen.
Speaker 2: We'll see how that goes. The home buying process is a bear to deal with.
Speaker 4: The