Speaker 1: Welcome to the Wine and Wine Podcast. I'm Kelsey and I'm Ellie. This is your dose of friendship, fun and figuring life out together. Let's be e besties because life is messy, wine.
Speaker 2: Helps, and whiny is optional.
Speaker 3: Hi, e besties. Hi guys, we are back. Yep, yep, another episode. How's it going, Kelsey, Oh, it's so good. We are prime time summertime.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. I do love it.
Speaker 1: We're still technically a week or two short. Wait June twenty second. Oh no, yeah, it's the first day of summer, but unofficial start is memorial, so I can still consider it summer.
Speaker 2: The weather's just so sorry. I was just drinking water. That was super random.
Speaker 3: The weather's really nice, and I just love like just laying out, Yes, in the backyard, me too, like vibein So it's such a vibe to the nice weather. But then July is gonna hit. In August, that's gonna be bloody hot, deathly hot. This is like prime time anytime between like May and June. I can stay here for a couple of months. Oh yeah, like half the year. Once you get into July August, it's miserable done. So yeah, I don't tolerate the heat.
Speaker 2: Well I don't either. Yeah, like I have hot flashes, I don't either.
Speaker 3: And that's why, Like I can maybe do vacations down south if there's like a pool.
Speaker 1: Yes, pool, ocean, yep, something we yes, but I'm not going south if there's no water.
Speaker 2: No, it's just too much. Yeah, too much. Can't do it. You can't.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: People who live in Arizona, like God bless you. I know, Well, they come up, they come up north. Yeah, a lot of them do.
Speaker 3: But like the snowbirds. Yeah, that's right. That's anyhow.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are with the wine. Yep. Yeah, Allie brought a pretty wine. Yes, I got a rose, y'all.
Speaker 3: And it's called uh figure ah. I just swing that so we'll see. And it says Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say Mediterranean, it's I think it's Mediterranean in like a different language. But I don't know what language that is, Portuguese.
Speaker 2: Maybe I have no idea anyhow.
Speaker 3: Mediterranee the perfect rose to invoke that summertime feeling reminiscent of the sights and sounds of the Mediterranean Sea. This refreshingly approachable, provincial rose makes every occasion feel like a getaway.
Speaker 2: I love it. Do you want to give it a try? Let's do it? Do you want to clink clink clink clink? Okay, just hit my cord. Sorry, guys, Oh my gosh, I did the same thing.
Speaker 3: Sirl and sniff, legs, bey, legging mm, yes and no, yes and no, yes and no. It's like I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I am too. It wants to be sweet, but it wants to be dry. Yes, like what is happening? Yes, I'm gonna try another step. I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: I think it gets I know this sounds horrible, but I think it kind of gets worse as you try again.
Speaker 2: This is like I feel like this is a whine my grandma would have loved. Yeah. Uh, Like I don't hate it, but it's not I don't love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't hate it like I would drink. I would finish it. Like if I was at an event and they gave this to me, I wouldn't just like chuck it. Yeah, I like I still drink this, but I won't go in for like a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah same, okay, whoa, yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Like It's like one of those things where like I don't hate it, like I'll still finish it.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I wouldn't, I wouldn't send it back and maybe like i'd give it a three. I was thinking of three too.
Speaker 3: It's almost like a very like oddly dry rose, yes, which throws me off a little bit, because why do I feel like sometimes rose roses should be like.
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I don't know, maybe we'll have to do it, like we'll have to talk about roses another day. But maybe there's like different kinds of like dry and sweet, and maybe I'm on the I'm in the middle ground with like roses. But this is like overly dry and it wakes me up.
Speaker 2: It really does it honestly kind of what it's reminding me of?
Speaker 1: And the reason I say it reminds me of something my grandma would have drink is it because reminds me of like a pinksin?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Literally, the only people I know that drink of pinks in are college girls or grandma's.
Speaker 2: Really, wait, why do college girls drink it? Because it's cheap and sweet? Oh? No shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, I'm gonna give it a three.
Speaker 1: Three Yeah, I agree, I agree Okay, what's that, what's the what's the fun fact? Yeah, so we're here with another wine one on one. Today will go with a short and sweet one because last weeks was pretty robust. But today we're going to talk about why you hold a wine glass.
Speaker 2: By the stem.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And it's kind of, you know, a no brainer, but you hold it by the stem for temperature control, particularly particularly if you're drinking a chilled white or a sparkling wine. Because your hands you meant a lot of heat. So if you hold the bowl, you'll heat up the wine, which changes the smell and taste. So you hold it by the stem.
Speaker 2: It keeps it.
Speaker 1: Cool and doesn't change the flavor, palette chemistry hmm.
Speaker 2: It's also better.
Speaker 1: For swirling and if you're into wine tasting and looking fancy.
Speaker 3: I like looking fancy, but she would sit here swirling her wine.
Speaker 1: It is a really pretty wine. It's unfortunate doesn't taste as pretty as it looks.
Speaker 3: I know. And now, but here's the thing. I like, I set the wine glass down, and then when you set the fun fact, I like grabbed it by the stem and then I'm like, fuck, but I'm doing it because Kelsey said, so, I don't really, I don't remember how I usually grab it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I do grab it.
Speaker 1: From like I tend to hold it the base, Okay, like I hold it like this is how I hold my wineglass.
Speaker 2: And I can't really I'll describe it.
Speaker 1: But like I have a couple fingers on the stem, but I'm still holding the base like it just I don't feel secure holding.
Speaker 2: It just by the stem. I think I do.
Speaker 1: I cradle it a little bit with my thumb and my pointer finger.
Speaker 2: The rest are on the stem.
Speaker 3: I think I do the same thing, but now I'm moving but I still don't, like just cup it. Yeah, okay, now I'm moving my hand down to just to stem.
Speaker 2: Though it is a little a little shaky.
Speaker 3: Stable, Yeah, but I mean who is stable when they drink wine?
Speaker 1: Burns?
Speaker 2: None of us anyhow. Don't try and laugh while you're drinking that one. That one burns. Yeah, this is yeah, I'll finish it. I'm wondering if like it's not like super duper cold. I wonder if maybe it's like ice that's true. I'm not gonna lie, y'all. I like literally put it in the bridge right before Kelsey came grab an ice cube. Oh my god, I'm not opposed to that, and give it a second chance in like five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me let me pause this. Okay, well we're back. We got some ice cubes. Can you hear them swirling around there?
Speaker 2: The tinkling. Also, I'm not opposed to ice cubes. Wine. I feel like I feel like we should normalize that. It's my mom say everything to do. Okay, yeah, I'm sure this is like go in for another, yes, try again.
Speaker 3: What the why do I feel like it made it worse?
Speaker 2: I think it made it worse too. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: It just gave it more of a bite. Yes, yes, because the hell because like the ice hasn't even melted, so it's not like the.
Speaker 2: It's not watered down. It's it's literally damn. Oh yeah, it's like that little bit of sweetness went away and now it's just better. Yeah, this is rough. This is so unfortunate because it's so pretty. It is a cute bottle.
Speaker 3: And you know what's funny, y'all is like, oh frick, let me just google it, like real quickly. And I should have written it down, but I thought like I don't know why my de Lulu had thought I could just remember the price as I was buy an how's oh, I.
Speaker 2: Always have to regoogle the price spiler alert.
Speaker 3: But you know what's funny is I think it was okay maybe nevermind, it was fifteen dollars, so I guess you get what you pay for.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We've had some phenomenal fifteen dollars, I.
Speaker 3: Know, because aren't we usually under twenty? That's our thing. Yeah, and it was on sale too, ish, so I okay, I think it was originally for eighteen dollars, but I got it for fifteen, okay, so it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know anyhow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm still sticking with my three, sticking with the three we tried.
Speaker 2: We tried the ice cubes we did. Yeah, well oh well but he do.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, AnyWho, today we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Summer bucket list. Yeah, we really are just in the summer mood right now.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I literally drove here with my windows down, sunglasses on, the wind in my hair, and then I was playing some.
Speaker 2: Like nostalgic like two thousands of music. Hell yeah, what song. Was it listening to the Veronicas? Yeah, forever Yeah, and then I.
Speaker 1: Was also girlfriend Avril Lavine Yes, and then Banana's going Stefan Hall of that Girl.
Speaker 2: I guess was what it's really called?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yes, it was this drive over here solid vibe.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm in I'm in my Hot Girl Summer era.
Speaker 3: I feel Yes, Yes, you are like like Natasha Beddingfield, like I'm releasing all inhibitions.
Speaker 2: Do it out the window. You are in our bitches. Have you seen those reels? This is hilarious. Listen, this boot's not gonna get me down.
Speaker 3: I know you guys heard about like my life update and how I was super sad about it, But it's not going to get They're looking up. It's the only way to go after you've hit rock bottom?
Speaker 1: Is up?
Speaker 2: Is that so your girl's slowly climbing? Yes? Up, you're getting there? Anyhow do you want to share yours? Or should we or should we do tip for tat, like let's go back and forth? Okay, okay done?
Speaker 1: So these are things that we both want to accomplish or do this summer kind of things that we've never really done before to get us out of our comfort zones and just to live our best lives, romanticize our summer.
Speaker 2: YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: I love a good Romanticizing me too, just makes life better.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So on last week's life update, you guys heard me. I'm working really hard on my golf game. So my number one on summer bucket list is get a par on at least two holes in a single round of golf.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain that because I literally have no idea what hort car is said.
Speaker 1: So each hole is a certain distance and it tells you if it's like a par four, a par three, whatever, that's how many shots it should take you to get to the goal to break even.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's better to get under par.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, But I'm not that good of a golfer yet.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I have hit par like a couple times in separate games. But I want to try and get two pars in a single round of golf.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, okay. So, like a single round of golf is like you're going.
Speaker 1: Through all the nine or eighteen holes, okay, and then within that you want to get at least two pars, specifically a nine hole round because that's what I usually play because I'm like eighteen's sometimes a little too damn long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nine is a little short.
Speaker 1: Like I really wish there was like a thirteen hole round, but that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to get two par in a nine hole. That's a good goal to have. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Last weekend I went golfing and I did get a par on a par four, which those are harder par three clap you should be getting at least par I'm not quite there yet to be consistent, but par threes are easy holes, so you should.
Speaker 2: But I got on a full work. Hey, that's a good goal to have. Yeah, I'm here for it. I'm here for it. I mean I wish I I wish I had a pickup. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: It's fine, it's fine. I said I was going up from here. So let's leave the cry into like last week where but it's.
Speaker 1: Like four or five weeks now that you need the boot on, or it's still six from here.
Speaker 2: From here, it would be another four weeks. Okay, So nice, you're you're you're getting there. I'm almost there. Hey, in a week, I'll be halfway there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly when this like drops, I'm halfway there exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your girl can't be sad. No, there's no you're getting there, girl. There's no such thing as I cry right just get.
Speaker 3: But speaking of that, based on my boot, I'm not gonna lie. I I feel like I did revamp a lot of my summer bucket.
Speaker 2: List, like you kind of gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to just be a bit more adventury this summer, but I'm like, let me just fuck can take a chill bill, you know, And that's fine, That's fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: AnyWho.
Speaker 3: I have one on my list, which I've already done actually, so I feel really proud of myself. But I still want to like just say it because it was part of my list and it's super basic and it's super chill, and I feel like this is all in regards to like romanticizing your life doesn't necessarily need to be super expensive or like super like time consuming or tedious.
Speaker 2: I love your face. She just took it. It's like getting worse as it gets colder.
Speaker 3: She took another sip of the wine and she's just like, wow, not here for it. But I don't know all that to say. One of my one of my things on my list is plant flowers, which.
Speaker 2: I did did and it's so cute.
Speaker 3: Yes, I went to home Depot a couple of weeks ago with my nephew and because he loves flowers and all the things, so I just we've just bought so many flowers and I potted them and I watered them every morning and it's just so nice to see them outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just cute. They're just cute.
Speaker 3: I think it's like the full essence of like summer is flowers, you know. So I did that already, and I just feel really good about it because now I can just like get aware of it every day.
Speaker 2: It's so cute. That's that's one of them. I love it. So my second one, again, i've also already done.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect to do it this soon, but last Saturday, I went to my first yoga in the park.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's one of mon I know.
Speaker 1: It was so fun and I was wait, gonna wait till like we could go, and I was telling Will about it, but he just wanted to go. Somebody's like, let's go. I'm like like, actually, he said, yeah, let's go tomorrow. And this was like Friday night and we had people over and we were drinking, and I'm like, you really want to go tomorrow in the morning. It's like eleven pm and we're drunk, not really weren't drunk, but we were drinking.
Speaker 2: Like, can you want to go tomorrow? He's like, yeah, let's do it. Sure, shit, we did it. It was so fun, hotter than fucking balls last weekend though. Oh hot, yeah. I thought you were gonna say harder. No, it was. It was pretty easy. It was chill.
Speaker 1: It was a vibe, which I like because only o the time I've done a yoga class. They were hated every second of it. I didn't feel welcome and even though it said all levels welcome, beginner friendly, it was not.
Speaker 2: But they did.
Speaker 1: It went from last week no, the one that I've done before, so I was a little scared, okay, but this one no super chill, people chit chatting the whole time, and you got the vibes of the market in the background. Hell yeah, zpeasy, and she shares, she she serious. She seriously did all levels, like each movement, so like we did the flow once on the beginning level, the flow again with a like an adjustment to make it harder, but you could stay at the beginning level and then the flow one more time, and she showed us even more advanced level, but you could choose one, which one you wanted to do.
Speaker 2: That's so cool and.
Speaker 1: Me being me because I'm Delulu, I tried all the hardest things, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I feel like as everybody should. Yeah, we gotta try it.
Speaker 3: You gotta try it. But it doesn't work, that's fine, but yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Your ankles better have to go so we can cross off your bucket.
Speaker 3: No, seriously, that literally is one of mine. Like I was, I was looking forward forward to it so much that I actually put on my Google calendar. Yeah, the girls that know me, I have like color coordinated my Google calendar, and I was like it was locked in every Saturday, dammit.
Speaker 1: So it's definitely it's something I want to definitely do any Saturday this summer that I'm free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I want to do it. So we'll make a thing. What were you able to hear her or was it really loud like it.
Speaker 1: Was a struggle because she didn't wear like a lavalier like microphone or anything, and it was also like even if she was like, we were in the back, so it was also kind of hard to see. So we're just relying on the people in front of us to try and figure out what was happening. But they weren't the most advanced, so we didn't know if they were. We had no idea what the fuck were doing.
Speaker 2: But it was fun, okay.
Speaker 1: So she walked around and would try her best, but sometimes if she was like on her matt trying to do the movements and speak, we had no idea what was happening.
Speaker 2: Did you get there right on time? Did you get there early?
Speaker 1: Like what do you We got there ten minutes early, and you were still in the back, so you chose to be like, there's still people behind us, Like we weren't back back. We just don't want to be front and center. Oh okay, okay, so we chose to be a little off to the side.
Speaker 3: So ten minutes early is fine, Like you would get a good spot if you were just.
Speaker 1: They were like when we first got there, there were maybe ten people. Oh okay, cool, and then by the time we were like halfway done because people got there late. By the time we were halfway down there were probably like thirty thirty five people, but I've also seen it where there's like sixty people there, so I think it was just because it.
Speaker 2: Was so hot. There weren't for Saturday Saurday. It was a second Oh it was a second Saturday. Oh my gosh, no weeks past.
Speaker 1: Okay, side note when this airs tomorrow June fourteenth.
Speaker 2: I got my first booth at the Farmer's Market. Yes, yes, that'll be exciting.
Speaker 1: So if you're in Ogden fourteenth, come say.
Speaker 2: Hi, come on through. Okay, So, uh wait, that's funny.
Speaker 3: I'll skip that then because literally my second one was the Farmer's Market, which I guess it's kind of similar.
Speaker 2: Kind of not similar.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah it's different, but yeah, it's it's the Farmer's Market. Like, I just love dogged in the Farmer's Market. I love walking around and just seeing all the things I definitely need, Like, oh, I see Kelsos trying to mix her sparkling water with the wine. Let's see how that tastes. I doubt that's gonna make it any better, Kelso.
Speaker 2: But bless your soul, bless your heart for trying. Was that something? Is that something? Okay? I mixed it with.
Speaker 3: A lemon lime waterloo sparkling water, and it's something.
Speaker 1: It makes it fresh. Okay, that is something. Okay, sorry to mean interrupt no noted.
Speaker 3: Noted, But yeah, I just yeah, I just love the farmer's market and I just want to go and be a cute farmer's.
Speaker 2: Market girly damn it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I feel very inspired because Kelso met her my hands at the farmers. Yah. Maybe we're trying to find her true love at the farmer's market this summer.
Speaker 2: So that's actually her bucket list item.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find her lover at the farmer's market, not just farmer's market.
Speaker 3: If there's just like a cute single guy at a booth at the farmers would so.
Speaker 2: That would be cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be cool, Universe, can you hear me just manifesting it for you.
Speaker 2: Anyway? So that that's my second one.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one's kind of goofy, but I've just in my ripe old thirty four years of age.
Speaker 2: Am I thirty four? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like wow. You know, in Utah sometimes especially come August, we have our little monsoon season or whatever, we get the rain, the summer rain. Excuse me, I have never had a romantic kissing the rain.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so cute to think about. So I want one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so will when it rains, we're running fucking.
Speaker 2: Outside and we're kissing the rain. I would like it to.
Speaker 1: Happen a little more organically than that, but I'm gonna really try for one this summer.
Speaker 2: I think. Now I'm trying to think if I ever have.
Speaker 1: Like I've had, like a smooch, like a little pick, like when it's sprinkling, but it wasn't like you know, I'm thinking whole note book vibes, right.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're thinking like rain pouring.
Speaker 1: Well, just like, yeah, it's not sprinkles, but it's nice romantic, Yes, cute movie vibes.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was super random, but I've never had one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be like you Okay, I'm sending good vibes for that to happen. Also, it might be stealing that one too.
Speaker 2: Isn't it so fun? Told you I'm romanticizing my summer. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, my next one, I think i've already, but I feel like it's not a one and done thing.
Speaker 2: It's like a continuous thing. But I just wanted to. I want.
Speaker 3: I love going out to like a brewery or like just out to like lunch and Patty drinks Patio, the whole vibe. So me and my and my friend Cameron, we totally got day drunk on Sunday and we were just a vibing it up and we like, well super side note, but Taylor Swift this past week got her all her masters and.
Speaker 2: Like won the whole thing. Or she didn't go to court, she just bought him.
Speaker 3: So anyway, all that to say though, is like I can now listen to reputation without like feeling guilty.
Speaker 2: Big reputation, big reputation.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, So yeah, I was like bumping it. He came over, we were like drinking. Marguerite is here, and then we went to Hallisco. If you guys haven't been there in central Ogden, it's definitely downtown Ogden. Yeah, it's so good. And they have three dollars. Margarita's there on Sundays, three dollars.
Speaker 1: Because they are parricey any other time of the week yep, and like but they are bomb they use like muddled fruit.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so three dollars.
Speaker 3: Margarita's three dollars Bladdy Mary's three dollar mimosas like it was a whole thing. We had their chips and walk and then we walked over to the Angry Goat and then upstairs vibes. Yeah, I love the roof. Yes, the rooftop at the Angry Goat, y'all in downtown Ogden is such a vibe.
Speaker 2: We can't tell people that it'll get busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is forties only, right.
Speaker 2: We get there and we're like, why is it so busy busy? Why can't I find a table? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had more drinks there and that was a vibe, and then we went It started getting really hot though, because it was kind of the middle of the day, so we went back downstairs inside and we had dinner there and it was just a vibe. So that's like my summer thing is, like it's not a one and done thing, but I just want to get cute and ready one day and just go have like hot drinks and just chill at the patio and just fucking catch up with your friends. It's so nice about all the things.
Speaker 1: Well, remember that one time after book club, how we all hopped over the Harpenhall for some patio drinking poos.
Speaker 2: That was so fun?
Speaker 3: Was patio drinking with your friends during the summertime? Yes, unmatched, unmatched?
Speaker 2: So AnyWho, I love that one.
Speaker 1: Love that Okay, this one just because my June is now all of a sudden psychoticly busy, and then July and August, like we were just saying it's really hot. I still consider like early September part of summer.
Speaker 2: That's you know, yeah, okay, it's still warm. Okay, yep, yep, we have to go into early September. But well we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: But I want to host a cute little garden tea party.
Speaker 2: Literally we are the same fucking person.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I like took a drink of my wine and then she said it and I stopped, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like I thought of it first. It's just kidding us, but you know that is so fun. Wouldn't be fun?
Speaker 3: Don't dress stuff like it's I, oh, yeah, so you're going full on my dress up and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like our cute like floral dresses and hats and ship.
Speaker 3: Okay, here for it. And can I say you have the cutest backyard too? Like that would just be hard on it, yeah, like I slave day night. Yeah no, but you really do have the cutest backyards, A.
Speaker 1: Bunch of cute card tables with flowers, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I also have a lot of like picnic supply stuff. So if you ever need to borrow anything, let me know.
Speaker 1: Well maybe we can. You can co host with me since you want to do one too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is I'm actually that that was literally on my list, and I was I'm trying to think of I was going to talk about it next. Well, I mean, I can obviously talk about it next, but we I I'm actually hosting Rachel's birthday dinner here in a couple of weeks, and I was like, I was like, oh my gosh, I could do it like a picnic theme in my backyard. So I think I've just slowly been accumulating a lot of like random picnic things, like just because I've always it's always been my vibe. I think with the whole Jane Austen like obsession, you know, they used to always do picnics back then, so and now it's kind of the thing. So then it kind of works out. So I have like all the things to like layout on the grass. I have the table, the cushions and so anyways, it'll just be a vibe and by the time it's like six or whatever. Well, the way my town home faces is by the time it's evening, it's.
Speaker 2: Already shaded out there, so that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So AnyWho, but yes, yes, also I got side note.
Speaker 1: My cousin Katie got me a cute, big ass picnic basket for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 1: I have like an actual like wick or picnic basket if you want to use it.
Speaker 3: And old so though, yes, but also wed oh wow, that's fun. Yeah. We also have our other book club, the Bruch Base. Yeah, that's scheduled to be a picnic gathering.
Speaker 1: So I bring the wine and the charcooterie board.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. I think that'll be really fun. I'm so excited for that. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: So guys, we need to normalize and romanticize picnics during the summer, like go find you some grass under like a shady tree, and bring your book. Fucking vibe some like quiet like chill music. Yes, just vibe.
Speaker 1: Yes, the wine sneakily because it's Utah.
Speaker 3: Yeah right right, we're like drinking at a park. They're like, uh, you know, that's public intoxication. Yeah, it'll be like virgin wine everybody, So just don't don't come at us. But yeah, that one's mine too, So I guess you can go on with your next or should I do my.
Speaker 2: Other last one? Your last one? Okay, because I'm oh, my gosh, that's hilarious. You're just like I'm just like wean it.
Speaker 1: Makes sense that we're doing a podcast together now.
Speaker 2: We literally we are literally the same person.
Speaker 3: This is another one that's currently in the works, and hopefully if it goes well, I'll like keep doing it. But I'm actually and I've actually done this before, but I'm actually hosting a singles night yay in Ogden in a couple of weeks, and I think it'll be fun. I'm like coordinating with like the bar owner, and I'm trying to like promote it. But I think it'll be so fun because, like I mean, even like when we get together Kelsey and I like I totally give her a little lowdown on all my dating life, like right before we record, and she's like, what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck, And I'm like, you can't write this shit? No, you literally cannot. And here's the thing, y'all.
Speaker 3: I know I said this, like I think I said on the Life update, like it's just so much and it's so raw like during that time that I can't get into specifics because it's just too emotionally tolling to like be super public about it still, but I honestly think in the months to come, as we're doing like life updates, I'm literally gonna be like, Okay, guys, so this past summer in June, this happened to me, you know, and then I'll like loop you in then because it by that time, I'm sure like time will have passed and I'll feel more like neutral about the situation and can see it as it was. But it's just so much. Anyhow, all that to say, I'm going on a tangent. All that to freaking say is that I'm just so burnt out by like online dating, like I just can't, like guy, I just fucking can't. And so anyhow, I'm like, I feel like an in person thing would be so much better, and I feel like the one I did a couple months ago was a vibe and it'll be fun because it's not just for singles, So if you're listening and you're not single, you can still come because it'll be color coded based on like the wrist banu are. So if you wear green, you're single and available. If you wear yellow, it's complicated, and if you get a red wristband then you're just taken. So it would just be like yeah, because I feel like if I was in a relationship, I loke you would go wear the red one and then just sit back and watch it all go down.
Speaker 2: I'm so bummed that'll be out of town because I would be there in a heartbeat. Okay, Will and I would.
Speaker 3: Be there in a heartbeat support tell me. This would not be the best freaking people watching event.
Speaker 2: It would be so fun. I would just be sitting there with my drink just watching all the singles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like be awkward.
Speaker 1: Like ship people, be like oh my god, those those two, oh my god, or like see people cross room and be like we got to.
Speaker 2: Get the yes, the amountain mischievousness. I would do that night to like try to hook people up together. But that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't have to do another one when I'm in down.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I feel like I'm not gonna have time, and I.
Speaker 1: Will be there to help be the wing woman.
Speaker 2: Yes. If I can't be there this time, Okay, y'all hit me up.
Speaker 3: If you're in Ogden on June twentieth, hit me up and come be my wing woman and like help a sister out because it's rough out here in them streets, y'all.
Speaker 2: Like we say every week the West that I guess I fea I brought a knife to a gunfight. Okay, God, I just can't. Anyway. That's that's my last one. Do you have another one? Yeah? I have one more.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one is super random, but I'm gonna I've had, I have, I own every single Dan Brown book, but I've never read one because they are daunting.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna finally tackle a Dan Brown book. Who's Dan Brown? Da Vinci Code Demons? Okay, So just like a very like very in depth, like complex, complex book. Wow, that'll be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be It's gonna be hard because we obviously have our virtual book club with our ebsties and then our other book club. But after these two book clubs that we have coming up, that's me my side read.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm sending you all the good.
Speaker 1: Vibes, especially because I don't have a ton of time to read and it is a long there are long books.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to get back into like actually reading a book. I feel like I just listened a lot. Yeah, and I feel like with those type of books are very like you can't listen, you can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the thing.
Speaker 1: I have seen the movies, so there is that, but just because of how robust the books are, I can't. But then the movies are phenomenal, but I can't imagine that they really put everything into a movie. Yeah, so I kind of want to see what it's about aside from that. Well, and they say they always say the books are better than the movies, so I'm excited for you to be like, oh shit, that.
Speaker 2: Was really good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's also been I don't think i've seen it since it was in theaters. So there's also that, which was a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm sending you goodbye, thank you.
Speaker 3: I also want to add that to my list, not that exact, Dan Brown, but I do have a couple like very nitty gritty books that I want to get into and well, and you know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll also add on there that I'll try one more time, for the fourth time, just for you. Trade Pride and Prejudice still on it, but.
Speaker 2: I can't fucking do it. Dude.
Speaker 3: I know it's the old English that gets people. It's the old English. Yeah, yeah, once you once you get past the old English.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jane Austin is such a witty writer, and her characters are so like just their own you know that you really get into. But yeah, so it's I hear you, though I couldn't get into it when I first started reading it, like I had to set it down and then pick it back up later.
Speaker 2: So well, so if I get through Dan brown book quicker than I thought, maybe I'll okay, hop on over chick on Pride and Prejudice. Yeah, come on over to the fun side of life.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna says, is not dark anyhow, Well, this was so fun.
Speaker 2: This was fun. And we will keep you post on how we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also let us know if you decide to do any of these yes, because I feel like none of these are like that like crazy.
Speaker 2: It's not like we're like we're gonna go to Greece this summer, like these are all budget friendly yep. Easy to accomplish.
Speaker 3: Easy to accomplish, so let us know if you do them. But keep in mind, just romanticize your life, yes, romanticize.
Speaker 2: Your summer, the most romantic summer.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm gonna have a romantic life, hot girl summer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that for you. So let's do it. Yes, kick, all right, thanks guys, Bye, bye.
Speaker 3: All right, eat, besties, that's it for this episode of the Wine and Wine Podcast.
Speaker 1: Don't leave us hanging, like, subscribe and follow or else we'll drink all the wine without you.
Speaker 3: Kidding kind of, And hey, tell a friend they need be besties too.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: The first to first